Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is "Titans" worth watching?

TNT will start airing the show, starting Monday July 12.

They're going to be starting with Season 1, but my understanding is that the show is already up to Season 3.

So is it worth watching?

I'm a Brenton Thwaites fans, so it would be worth watching just for him.

Although I don't want to waste my time if it sucks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125April 14, 2023 11:13 PM

I want to love it but it’s just meh. The writing is pretty inconsistent, and the eye candy of Brenton, Curran Walters, and half naked Superboy almost make up for it, but not quite.

by Anonymousreply 1July 12, 2021 4:36 AM

Thanks, R1.

I googled Titans cast, and the guys are indeed hot.

I might give it a shot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 12, 2021 4:39 AM

I love the soundtrack.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 12, 2021 5:17 AM

Some more god damned superhero shit drivel aimed at Gen Z-ers. No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 4July 12, 2021 6:09 AM

What character does Brenton play?

To be honest, I'm not familiar with comic book characters.

The only ones I know are Superman and Batman.

by Anonymousreply 5July 12, 2021 6:26 AM

I thought it showcased John Barrowman and Casper Van Dien at their hottest.

by Anonymousreply 6July 12, 2021 6:36 AM

Brenton plays Batman's first Robin - Dick Grayson. The show takes place after he stops being Batman's sidekick and is now a Detective by day and does his hero gig on the side. But that's mostly the first episode and then it builds out from there.

[quote]To be honest, I'm not familiar with comic book characters.

Maybe it's better to go on with limited knowledge that way you're not judging the characterization against the comic interpretation of Dick. That was my problem when I began watching TITANS - judging this show's Dick Grayson up against the one in the comic.

by Anonymousreply 7July 12, 2021 6:42 AM

[quote] I thought it showcased John Barrowman and Casper Van Dien at their hottest.

They're not on this show, R6.

by Anonymousreply 8July 12, 2021 6:42 AM

They are so on Titans, R8.

by Anonymousreply 9July 12, 2021 6:48 AM

You know damn well this thread isn't about the 2000 NBC series "Titans", Rose!

by Anonymousreply 10July 12, 2021 6:50 AM

OP, I loved it. It's a bit uneven, but it's interesting and fun.

by Anonymousreply 11July 12, 2021 6:53 AM

Season One premieres tonight on TNT!

by Anonymousreply 12July 12, 2021 3:13 PM

Once I saw that they turned StarFire into a black trannie hooker, I was out

by Anonymousreply 13July 12, 2021 3:21 PM

You're an idiot, R13.

by Anonymousreply 14July 12, 2021 5:58 PM

I'm not wrong

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 12, 2021 6:14 PM

Lol R13.

What was he/she before that?

by Anonymousreply 16July 12, 2021 6:24 PM

r16

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17July 12, 2021 6:26 PM

All the guys are hot except for the oriental.

They should dump him and put in a hot white guy.

by Anonymousreply 18July 12, 2021 6:35 PM

Brenton is so hot!

He looks a lot like KJ Apa.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19July 12, 2021 9:39 PM

Clash of the Titans is worth watching for Harry Hamlin’s nipples

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20July 12, 2021 9:43 PM

Rofl R20.

Harry's' nipple looks mangled! Like someone had been chewing on it for days!

by Anonymousreply 21July 12, 2021 9:46 PM

Who does Alan Ritchson play?

He's spectacular!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22July 12, 2021 9:52 PM

[quote] Harry's' nipple looks mangled! Like someone had been chewing on it for days!

We need to confirm the whereabouts of Chewy McNip circa 1981, Lisa.

by Anonymousreply 23July 12, 2021 11:03 PM

Funny you mention Harry Hamlin at R20.

Curran Walters (who is on the show) looks a lot like Harry Hamlin.

Huge nipples, included!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24July 13, 2021 12:01 AM

Curran also has a very unusual face.

Has he had any "work" done?

His face looks almost as artificial as Chace Crawford.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 13, 2021 12:06 AM

He looks a bit like that singer Yungblud.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26July 13, 2021 12:45 AM

Anyone watching?

by Anonymousreply 27July 13, 2021 2:07 AM

That was awesome!!

I can't believe that TNT passed on this show, the first time around.

It was action packed! And Brenton Thwaites is smoking hot!!!

His ass looks so good in those tight pants.

[quote] Once I saw that they turned StarFire into a black trannie hooker, I was out

I don't know who she was originally supposed to be, but that girl was BAD ASS!

I love that she speaks a whole bunch of different languages, and when she lit that hotel room on fire, that whole look was AMAZING! From how they colored her eyes, to her hair, to the fire blazing... it was unreal. I fucking loved it!

I especially loved how the disco music played in the background, everywhere she went. That was funny.

I'm still confused as to who these people are, but I'm hooked already, and they've only introduced a couple of characters.

by Anonymousreply 28July 13, 2021 3:13 PM

Why is this show set in Detroit, of all places?

by Anonymousreply 29July 14, 2021 7:19 PM

Kori Anders? Really?

CORIANDER.

How unoriginal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 14, 2021 7:20 PM

New episode tonight!

by Anonymousreply 31July 19, 2021 11:59 PM

No, not until August 12, 2021

by Anonymousreply 32July 20, 2021 12:27 AM

Actually R32, Titans just started showing on TNT from the very beginning.

Last week Season 1, Episode 1 premiered.

Tonight is Season 1, Episode 2.

For the people who don't have HBO Max or Netflix or whatever.

It's showing for free on TNT, from the very beginning.

by Anonymousreply 33July 20, 2021 12:34 AM

Ah. I thought you were talking about season 3...

by Anonymousreply 34July 20, 2021 12:35 AM

Episode one was really awesome.

Korey Anders' character is very fun.

Who is the creepy inside voice talking to the young girl?

by Anonymousreply 35July 20, 2021 12:37 AM

R20 what is wrong with Hamlin’s nostrils in that photo? Look at how lopsided the right nostril is…

by Anonymousreply 36July 24, 2021 2:48 PM

I love the Wolfman/Perez 80s comic run but kinda meh about this show. They don’t do right by my favorite Titan Donna Troy and the writing overall seem to be all over the place.

by Anonymousreply 37July 24, 2021 3:08 PM

The Hawk guy in last week's episode has an AWESOME body.

Why would his girlfriend have the hots for Dick Greyson, when she can have that HUNK of HAWK?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38July 27, 2021 1:33 AM

Alan Ritchson's chest looks amazing at R38.

by Anonymousreply 39July 27, 2021 4:09 AM

[quote] I love the Wolfman/Perez 80s comic run but kinda meh about this show. They don’t do right by my favorite Titan Donna Troy and the writing overall seem to be all over the place

My gods, the writing is a fucking MESS!!

They do explain why Dick Grayson is acting so very un-Grayson like, and it’s well handled, (no spoilers, but he did something REALLY bad!!) but the season two ending was some of the worst dreck I’ve ever seen on screen, and I’m counting all that CW junk. Who the fuck approved that script? So much just didn’t make any fucking SENSE!! And I’m not one to go combing through a show for plot-holes, but everyone involved should have been fired.

And the show can get so grim-dark as to be downright comic. I too loved the classic Wolfman/Perez run, but much of this show has me shaking my head. Who’s idea was this? I will say, the kid playing Beast Boy/Gar Logan, is one of my favorite parts of the show, since he gets to be one of the only characters who isn’t in an emotional tail-spin 24/7.

I will say, if anyone reading is even mildly interested: Doom Patrol, on HBOMax, is one of the best superhero shows I’ve yet seen, and is definitely, without a doubt, the fucking WEIRDEST! Always wondered what a make-out session between a giant cockroach and a giant rat would look like? The answers await if you dare!!

by Anonymousreply 40July 27, 2021 9:37 AM

Spoilers be damned but I wasn’t convinced that Donna Troy could be beaten so easily by Deathstroke. That was total bullshit!

by Anonymousreply 41July 27, 2021 10:52 AM

R41. That's when I was DONE. No way could Deathstroke take her that quick. At the beginning of the scene, I was like...."Wrong choice Slade" and then bullshit. She's SUPPOSED to be stronger than him and a trained fighter--on par or even more so than Grayson.

UGH I mean...nobody can even fly.

There's going to be A LOT of shit packed into the new season. It's gonna be a cluster fuck.

by Anonymousreply 42July 27, 2021 11:50 AM

R39 His chest has looked amazing for the past two decades

by Anonymousreply 43July 27, 2021 11:52 AM

Thwaites and Ritchson were in that horrible movie GHOSTS OF WAR. I had to turn it off it was so bad.

by Anonymousreply 44July 27, 2021 11:59 AM

Yeah. Titans was great except that final episode of Season 2, which makes me wonder what the fuck happened.

by Anonymousreply 45July 27, 2021 2:49 PM

I'm only three episodes in, but I'm still loving this show.

It still cracks me up that 1970's disco music follows Kory Anders everywhere she goes.

I just found out she's an alien, and that Rachel is a demon!

Oh, and Brenton Thwaites has a cute ass. He's also taller than I thought he was.

by Anonymousreply 46July 27, 2021 3:01 PM

r40 I think the original pitch for the show was it was going to be a Nightwing solo one but the DC app (when that was a thing) wanted a Titans show. Which goes a long way to explaining the darkness, tone and the fact the writers only ever gives a shit about the Batman adjacent characters.

by Anonymousreply 47July 27, 2021 3:35 PM

Most of the actors come out of modeling so it's a visual feast.

by Anonymousreply 48July 29, 2021 4:06 PM

That makes sense R47 and should've been the way to go.

by Anonymousreply 49July 30, 2021 9:45 AM

I sat out season two but came back for this season. The first three episodes are fantastic. And we get Alan Ritchson's ass in the 3rd episode. Or maybe it was a stunt ass but if it was, the stand-in was built like a brick shithouse.

by Anonymousreply 50August 14, 2021 10:12 PM

[quote] Vincent Kartheiser Investigated for Inappropriate Behavior on ‘Titans’ Season 3 Set

Vincent Kartheiser was the subject of multiple investigations for his behavior on the set of Season 3 of the HBO Max series “Titans,” Variety has confirmed.

Kartheiser was cast as the villain Jonathan Crane, a.k.a Scarecrow, in the third season of the DC superhero show earlier this year. According to an individual with knowledge of the situation, Kartheiser was first the subject of a complaint for what was described as making inappropriate comments onset. WBTV’s Labor Relations department investigated and found that his actions did not warrant being fired from the show but did warrant corrective action.

A second complaint was made some time later, which led WBTV to assign a representative to keep an eye on activities on the set. Due to COVID protocols, interviews were conducted virtually by the Burbank-based investigators.

Reps for WBTV declined to comment.

“Vincent Kartheiser vehemently denies the allegations,” a spokesperson for the actor said. “Warner Bros. investigated this matter and made clear to Mr. Kartheiser its expectations for behavior on the set, and he agreed to comply with their directives.”

Kartheiser is best known for his role as Pete Campbell in the critically-acclaimed AMC series “Mad Men.” His recent TV credits include “Casual” and “The Path” at Hulu, the Nat Geo miniseries “Saints & Sinners,” the Sky TV series “Das Boot, and “The OA” at Netflix. His feature credits include starring opposite Melissa Leo and Adam Scott in the Netflix feature “The Most Hated Woman in America,” which premiered at the South by Southwest Film Festival.

Deadline first reported the allegations against Kartheiser.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51August 15, 2021 3:33 AM

I only know him as Conner on "Angel".

Also, Season 3 is fantastic.

Really great.

by Anonymousreply 52August 15, 2021 5:12 AM

I'm curious what Vincent said at R52?

Racist remark?

Homophobic comment?

They said it's not a fire-able offense, but definitely worthy of a warning.

Weird.

by Anonymousreply 53August 15, 2021 2:28 PM

New episode tonight!

I am loving this show.

Robin #2 is hot.

by Anonymousreply 54August 23, 2021 8:32 PM

It's [bold]TEET-SEE-ANS[/bold] you fools!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 55August 23, 2021 11:29 PM

TIT ANZ.

by Anonymousreply 56August 24, 2021 2:23 AM

Raven is a half demon girl with major superpowers.

Too bad they made her into this frumpy girl who got lost at Hot Topic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57August 24, 2021 2:30 AM

How Raven is in the show

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58August 24, 2021 2:33 AM

[quote] I think the original pitch for the show was it was going to be a Nightwing solo one but the DC app (when that was a thing) wanted a Titans show. Which goes a long way to explaining the darkness, tone and the fact the writers only ever gives a shit about the Batman adjacent characters

Thanks. That makes a LOT more sense. Having read the Wolfman/Perez run back when it was published, I found it hard to believe how laughably serious everything was. Didn’t any of the producers like having FUN?

[quote] I'm curious what Vincent said at [R52]?; Racist remark?; Homophobic comment?

He’s be GONE if it were one of those. No one wants a ‘hostile work environment’ lawsuit.

[quote] Robin #2 is hot

Isn’t he? This is the only show I’ve ever watched where I’d fuck every (male) cast member.

by Anonymousreply 59August 24, 2021 2:40 AM

I used to jerk off thinking about Changeling with his green chest hair. I was an odd kid.

by Anonymousreply 60August 24, 2021 4:23 AM

[quote] I used to jerk off thinking about Changeling with his green chest hair. I was an odd kid.

Not that odd. George Perez drew some really, really hot men.

by Anonymousreply 61August 24, 2021 5:59 AM

Ugh, really? I think Robin #2 is REALLY unattractive. In every way.

by Anonymousreply 62August 24, 2021 6:49 AM

It's no Gossip Girl reboot, that's for sure.

by Anonymousreply 63August 24, 2021 8:04 AM

Hawk and Dove were boring.

by Anonymousreply 64August 24, 2021 10:50 AM

They need more shots of Brenton Thwaites in short pants. We need more tree trunk thighs for world peace.

by Anonymousreply 65August 24, 2021 12:30 PM

I've watched the first two episodes of S3 and have to admit, it's better than the previous seasons so far. Hawk and Dove were boring in the comic as well. Not sure why Tim Drake is Asian or Hispanic or...?

One thing they've done right IMO is their ending of the Bruce Wayne storyline. I've been bored with the dynamic between those characters for DECADES.

by Anonymousreply 66August 24, 2021 12:46 PM

Nightwing looks gorgeous in that blue suit. 💙

by Anonymousreply 67August 24, 2021 6:34 PM

Was the original Gar supposed to be an oriental?

by Anonymousreply 68August 24, 2021 6:38 PM

R68 No. He was a white boy that got turned green.

by Anonymousreply 69August 25, 2021 1:15 PM

The only original Titans of color were Cyborg, Starfire (who's technically orange), and Raven (who I always assumed was of Middle Eastern descent).

by Anonymousreply 70August 25, 2021 1:19 PM

[quote] The only original Titans of color were Cyborg, Starfire (who's technically orange), and Raven (who I always assumed was of Middle Eastern descent).

Rofl!

Starfire and Raven are from other planets, so I don't think that Earth races apply to them.

by Anonymousreply 71August 25, 2021 6:24 PM

R71 I never claimed that Starfire is any race from Earth. I said she's a person of color. Raven's mother is human and was raped by a demon but she was born on Earth.

Rofl, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 72August 26, 2021 10:20 AM

Having a hard time caring about S3, except the fun fight scenes. Figured the new villain was Jason right off.

by Anonymousreply 73August 28, 2021 4:16 AM

[quote]Raven (who I always assumed was of Middle Eastern descent).

Raven's mother in the comics, Arella, was from the United States.

Her father Trigon is a demon from another dimension.

by Anonymousreply 74August 28, 2021 4:36 AM

Watch it for the old Batman, new Batman, and the animal boy hotties.

by Anonymousreply 75August 28, 2021 5:33 AM

S3 E3 Is so hot when Jason makes Hank complete strip and swim across the pool and then he spends the rest of the episode shirtless in bed.

by Anonymousreply 76August 28, 2021 6:18 AM

The hunk that plays Hank is the next Jack Reacher. He replaces miscast runt Tom Cruise.

by Anonymousreply 77August 28, 2021 6:46 AM

[quote]Racist remark? Homophobic comment? They said it's not a fire-able offense, but definitely worthy of a warning.

As someone else said, those would have gotten him terminated. Harassing an actress on the show that he's only a guest on would have also gotten him removed. (And his scenes so far have been with men anyway.)

Another report described it as, "juvenile behavior" and inappropriate comments. He was warned the first time and after the second time, someone was placed on set to watch him.

Sounds like he made an off-color joke or comment not directed at anyone in particular and he was reprimanded for it but also whomever he said whatever he said in front of was probably okay with him staying so there wasn't a huge issue. It's like telling a sex joke at work. It's not about anyone there but it's not something that should be said at work.

by Anonymousreply 78August 28, 2021 7:43 AM

So... the hunky hawk is dead and gone from the show?

Damn.

At least they got him naked before he left.

by Anonymousreply 79August 28, 2021 9:00 AM

R74 Why are you @ing and repeating what I posted?

by Anonymousreply 80August 28, 2021 9:46 AM

[quote] So... the hunky hawk is dead and gone from the show?

Probably because he was cast as the new Jack Reacher, as someone mentioned above.

by Anonymousreply 81August 28, 2021 2:44 PM

Brenton looked so hot in last week's episode, while being tortured.

I love seeing his meaty thighs in tight pants.

And they sure like to get that oriental kid naked quite often.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82August 31, 2021 12:29 AM

Why does Brenton have to be so goddamned hot???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83August 31, 2021 12:32 AM

New episode tonight.

by Anonymousreply 84September 14, 2021 1:28 AM

Hotness rankings:

1. Hank/Hawk

2. Superboy

3. Dick Grayson

4. Gar

5. The rest

by Anonymousreply 85September 14, 2021 6:45 AM

Ritchson has been really lucky-from AI contestant to A&F model to successful television career. And as far as I know, without having to sleep with anyone.

by Anonymousreply 86October 25, 2021 2:49 PM

Potter is gorgeous, IMO. The green hair masks his beauty tho. And he had one of the most legendary nude leaks in the history of celebrity twinkdom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87October 25, 2021 4:16 PM

CORRECTED Hotness rankings:

1. Dick Grayson

2. Superboy

3. Hank/Hawk

4. Gar

5. The rest

by Anonymousreply 88October 25, 2021 5:55 PM

[quote]And he had one of the most legendary nude leaks in the history of celebrity twinkdom.

I must have missed this. Is there a link?

(I'd rather have super-boy nudes leak, but that's just me)

by Anonymousreply 89October 25, 2021 5:56 PM

I loved seasons one and two of Titans.

Season three was a mess. Was not into it.

by Anonymousreply 90November 10, 2021 3:07 PM

They combined stories that span about 30+ years of publication into one season. Blackfire is from the 80s, Conner is from the earlier 90s, Redhood/Jason Todd is from the early 00s AND they threw in Oracle/Batgirl, creepy Bruce Wayne, AND the Scarecrow. That's A LOT for a show that's already shitty.

by Anonymousreply 91November 10, 2021 3:39 PM

"Gorgeous," R87?

You seriously need an eye exam.

by Anonymousreply 92November 10, 2021 11:12 PM

r18 Oriental? There is a rug on this show? The show is an amalgam of Teen Titans and Young Justice - The story of Connor Kent coming right from Young Justice, Black superman t-shirt an all.

by Anonymousreply 93November 10, 2021 11:20 PM

Season 2 is coming up on TNT, starting July 5.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94June 28, 2022 10:17 AM

I clicked on this thread thinking this was about the 2000s prime time soap "Titans". Never been able to find anywhere to view it again. That was a fun show, and a young, stunningly beautiful Kevin Zegers was on it.

by Anonymousreply 95June 28, 2022 10:24 AM

I can't believe that no one has mentioned the actor who plays Superboy/Conner.

Joshua Orpin is so handsome!

And they showed his ass in his first episode of season two.

Damn, that guy has got a huge ass!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96August 10, 2022 8:42 AM

Sexy Joshua.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97August 10, 2022 9:04 AM

Isn't he going to be playing Jack Reacher, replacing Tom cruise? He's certainly taller!

by Anonymousreply 98August 10, 2022 12:19 PM

************Spoilers for S4*************

Without looking up the source material and further spoiling for myself, I’m not sure about the villains this season. I hope the taxidermy guy is interesting. I guess the end result is that Raven will get her current powers back and finally say her chant to unlock the rest of her powers. I’ve only seen the 2000s TT cartoon, so that’s my basis.

Dick looked kinda chunky from some angles in his uniform. I like it and think Brenton is still hot AF, tho.

Kori looks great this season. She and Dick’s mother/father dynamic with the team is really natural this season.

S4 Episode 1, they give us Bernard and Tim Drake (who are together in the comics, I hear) flirting, with some overtly phallic overtones haha. It was really cute IMO and I’m really excited to see how their relationship develops. I hope the writers don’t let it fizzle and claim sufficient representation from this single episode. It’s funny because I was hoping for a bisexual beast boy in the earlier seasons, but the actor playing Tim is way cuter. So Im good letting Gar continue his chase after Raven now.

Overall glad it’s back.

by Anonymousreply 99November 5, 2022 12:06 PM

Nevermind, just watched the “This Season on”, and they give away the entire plot. Great.

by Anonymousreply 100November 5, 2022 2:48 PM

How did I miss a new season dropping? I only found out about it here?!?

by Anonymousreply 101November 5, 2022 5:17 PM

I've managed to force myself to sit through the first three episodes. This season is a mess. It's NOT good.

I dunno if they're going to pull it out or not, but all I can do is hope it gets better soon.

by Anonymousreply 102November 12, 2022 3:17 AM

The editing seems…off. Especially in ep 3. Like they’re just jumping from scene to scene without anybody thinking it through.

by Anonymousreply 103November 12, 2022 1:24 PM

I hate watch this show because I love DC and Curran Walters' tits, but the plot holes and inconsistencies are really inexcusable after four seasons of trying to make this show work.

by Anonymousreply 104November 12, 2022 6:00 PM

Nothing gay has happened in the first 3 episodes of the season. When will the gay storyline start?

by Anonymousreply 105November 12, 2022 6:02 PM

I only watch for the hot guys.

Plus, it's better than Kripke's "The Boys."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106November 12, 2022 6:04 PM

R106 Not only are the guys hot, several of them ping. Are any of them gay, as in openly gay? If not then I suspect at least a few are closeted. My gaydar is usually right.

by Anonymousreply 107November 12, 2022 6:05 PM

[quote] Titans Season 5 Renewal Chances Addressed By DC Showrunner

Titans season 5 renewal chances get addressed by showrunner Greg Walker, as HBO Max hasn't decided yet if there will be another season. 2022 has proven to be a rough year for DC TV shows as changes are happening at Warner Bros. Discovery following the two studios merging. With The CW also getting a new majority stake owner, the network canceled Batwoman and Legends of Tomorrow, while HBO Max has pulled back on some of their upcoming series, including Constantine and Madame X, which are no longer happening on the streaming service, though WBD has finally begun moving forward on the Keanu Reeves-led Constantine 2.

While several DC TV series have been removed from Warner Bros. Discovery's network and streaming platforms, Titans season 4 is still on its way, as it will premiere in early November. In the midst of the studio's multiple cancelations, concern has grown for Titans' future as HBO Max has yet to renew the show for season 5. In previous years, Titans have sometimes been given an early renewal before they have premiered their new season. Recent reports have indicated that Titans is safe on HBO Max for the time being, and now one of the creatives behind the show is sharing their thoughts on its potential future.

The Titans cast and creative team were recently at New York Comic Con to promote season 4, and while there wasn't a season 5 renewal, the showrunner addressed the show's status for the future. In a roundtable interview with Walker, which Inverse took part in, the executive producer confirmed that they have yet to hear anything about Titans season 5. However, Walker stressed that HBO Max has been very supportive of Titans, sharing the following:

[quote] “You know as much as I do... [we're] in a wait and see mode... we’re excited about this season. HBO Max is incredibly supportive of the show and really helping us become the show we want to be and get us in front of as many people as possible. If you’ve got an idea where it’s going, let’s meet and have a conversation because I want to know."

Based on all the plotlines that are confirmed for Titans season 4, it's being set up as the final season, which is why they need to get renewed for season 5. In Titans season 4, the team will face one of their iconic villains from the comics in the form of Brother Blood, whose arrival will also introduce the dangerous cult, Church of Blood. The show is also finally tackling Superboy's background with Lex Luthor, with Titus Welliver portraying the popular Superman foe. But because the Titans writers went into season 4 as if it was business as usual, it wouldn't be shocking if the finale ends with numerous plot threads and cliffhangers that could set up a potential season 5.

If HBO Max decides to cancel Titans, it becomes another DC TV series that didn't get to end on its own terms. The same concern also applies to Doom Patrol season 4, as HBO Max hasn't indicated if they will get picked up for season 5. What would be ideal for Titans, if HBO Max is getting closer to finishing its run, is to renew the DC TV show for a final season where the creative team can properly wrap up all the storylines for the characters. Hopefully, if Titans season 4 is a success for HBO Max, it will prompt them to renew the series for season 5.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108November 12, 2022 6:10 PM

This show is NOT better than "The Boys", sorry.

by Anonymousreply 109November 12, 2022 11:43 PM

Finally got the gay kiss

by Anonymousreply 110November 24, 2022 9:37 PM

Clunky episode, but yes we did, R110. Let’s see if we get some PDA.

by Anonymousreply 111November 25, 2022 5:45 AM

There are people in the Titans sub-reddit who are griping about the age difference since S3 established that Tim is 16. If he can face off against ninjas he can date a twenty-something man.

by Anonymousreply 112November 25, 2022 6:54 AM

The gay kiss was so cute and I loved the slow build up. Tim and Bernard have chemistry!

by Anonymousreply 113November 25, 2022 5:18 PM

Bad timing with all the grooming allegations in the news. The actor playing Bernard is 30, and Tim is 16 in the show. Legally, it's fine in many states and Europe, but why would you show that to a mainly het audience? Bernard in the comics was a classmate of Tim's and the same age. The change makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 114November 26, 2022 2:03 AM

Tim needs to cut ties with Bernard now. One kiss and now Bernard is worried about Tim going on missions.

by Anonymousreply 115December 2, 2022 9:33 PM

R99 interesting. While I agree a bi or even gay Gar would be cute, it's never crossed my mind that he could be. I know the character from the comics (90s-2000s era, mostly) and the anime, and in both Gar was consistently and exclusively girl-crazy (usually about crazy girls, incidentally),

Though I guess there's a case to say that his bromantic affection for Vic/Cyborg sometimes tips in a homoromantic direction, other than that I don't really see him having mad undeniable sexual or romantic chemistry with other men the way Dick (especially with Jason) and Wally West and Jamie Reyes and Kon-EI etc. do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116December 2, 2022 10:03 PM

Has or will the show ever go into Kid Flash & Jinx's relationship? I enjoyed that in the CN show, and it would be easy to mine for either comedy or drama.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117December 2, 2022 10:08 PM

I keep forgetting to watch it. This season is crap compared to previous seasons.

by Anonymousreply 118December 3, 2022 8:00 AM

When it's "Kill this one miserable loser to save the entire world"... why the fuck wouldn't you?

They refuse and the very next scene is him being taken and then willingly taking part in the ritual to destroy the world.

Why are "heroes" so dumb?

by Anonymousreply 119December 3, 2022 8:33 AM

I CAN'T with this show. I try and try but it's so FUCKING bad.

by Anonymousreply 120December 3, 2022 10:13 AM

4/10 on this last episode. The temple looked cheap and the mother is a horrible actress. Also Bernard isn’t growing on me as much as I’d hoped. And why the hell wasn’t Conner shirtless after he got captured!? What a waste. It’s like they just want to get this over with as soon as possible. I hope Gar gets shirtless to save the world, at least.

Brother Blood actor Joseph Morgan is sexy and seems really sweet in real life. I didn’t realize he was from a CW show and is a way bigger (at least on IG) than any of the other actors on Titans.

by Anonymousreply 121December 3, 2022 11:59 AM

He was too good of an actor for the CW.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122December 3, 2022 2:12 PM

I can't get over the fact that we're supposed to believe that Joseph Morgan is playing a 24 year old.

by Anonymousreply 123December 3, 2022 2:56 PM

He's married to the light-skinned chick from UPN's "Girlfriends"

by Anonymousreply 124December 3, 2022 4:24 PM

I’m the midst of S4 Ep 7, which starts the final episodes. The editing in the temple with the Titans was poorly done. Dick approached Rachel from behind twice and it was missed. This doesn’t give me hope for the rest of the episode…

by Anonymousreply 125April 14, 2023 11:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!