Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who was the prettiest/sexiest Charlie's Angel?

No, I won't include Bosley in the poll.

I know pretty and sexy can be 2 different things, so you can make that distinction.

by Anonymousreply 321July 26, 2021 3:23 PM

I think if you looked at their features, Jaclyn Smith was the prettiest.

Farrah had a beak for a nose, a rather large mouth and her bleach blonde hair looked dried out. She did have charisma in spades whereas Jaclyn was more low key.

by Anonymousreply 1July 11, 2021 12:45 PM

So you think Farrah was sexier than Jaclyn, r1?

by Anonymousreply 2July 11, 2021 12:48 PM

You stupid cunt, you forgot Vivian Vance. Don't all you cunts who make these stupid polls include Vance?

by Anonymousreply 3July 11, 2021 12:49 PM

I didn't understand Farrah's appeal then and I don't understand it now. She was the least attractive of all.

by Anonymousreply 4July 11, 2021 1:01 PM

R3 I don't know if you heard, but Kristin Davis has replaced Vivian Vance as the comic option in polls.

To answer OP's question, Lucy Liu. Plus she can throw a punch.

by Anonymousreply 5July 11, 2021 1:01 PM

Season 2 Cheryl Ladd is the sexiest. She strangely ages fast on that show, the stress of working with Kate I guess. Jaclyn is the prettiest. Shelly is classically beautiful. Tanya is white trash sexy. Kate is pretty with the right hair and Farrah is all hair.

by Anonymousreply 6July 11, 2021 1:06 PM

Shelley Hack aka Tiffany Welles! I want to be her!

by Anonymousreply 7July 11, 2021 1:56 PM

are you a man, r7?

by Anonymousreply 8July 11, 2021 4:46 PM

You know it, r8. Are you m? F? T?

by Anonymousreply 9July 11, 2021 10:46 PM

Woman, r9. I would have liked to have been Falco, but without the drugs and alcohol.

by Anonymousreply 10July 13, 2021 2:30 PM

Sada Thompson.

by Anonymousreply 11July 13, 2021 2:37 PM

[quote]R8 I would have liked to have been Falco, but without the drugs and alcohol.

You mean Nurse Jackie?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 13, 2021 2:41 PM

Tanya for me. I first saw her in Sheena: Queen of the Jungle, and I was about 5/6 years old. She was a blonde and I just thought she was striking and stunning. Then later on, watching reruns of Charlie's Angels, I saw her again, but as a red head. I thought she was still strikingly beautiful. I have a soft spot for her.

by Anonymousreply 13July 13, 2021 2:55 PM

Cheryl Ladd and Jaclyn Smith were the pretty girls you took to meet your parents or to church.

But Farrah with the iconic hair and smile (and the perky titties just the right size to get away with wearing no bra) was the hot slut you wanna show off to your buddies and the slut you want in your bed. Farrah by far was the hottest and sexiest!

Farrah was the one straight and bi men wanted to fuck and gay men wanted to be (or maybe they just wanted to sleep with Lee Majors and Ryan O'Neil).

The rest of those broads were busted!

by Anonymousreply 14July 13, 2021 3:06 PM

Definitely Shelley Hack.

by Anonymousreply 15July 13, 2021 8:27 PM

Prettiest? Jaclyn

Sexiest? Tanya, Farrah and Cheryl

by Anonymousreply 16July 13, 2021 8:28 PM

Prettiest: Jaclyn

Sexiest: Kate Jackson. (I like a bossy woman in that way)

by Anonymousreply 17July 13, 2021 8:31 PM

Prettiest: Jaclyn Sexiest: Farrah

by Anonymousreply 18July 13, 2021 9:26 PM

As time has passed, I’ve come to appreciate that Tanya Roberts really was phenomenal looking. Probably with the best raw material of the bunch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19July 13, 2021 9:58 PM

Farrah in her day was stunning. The hair the smile dynamite!

by Anonymousreply 20July 13, 2021 10:08 PM

Jaclyn was the most beautiful. No idea who the sexiest was because they are women.

by Anonymousreply 21July 13, 2021 10:21 PM

Farrah exuded health and glamour. so sad how she ended up!

by Anonymousreply 22July 13, 2021 10:21 PM

Shelley Hack had the whole East Coast sophisticated model looks.

by Anonymousreply 23July 13, 2021 10:27 PM

Most Beautiful: Jaclyn Smith Sexiest: Tanya Roberts Prettiest: Cheryl Ladd Most Alluring: Kate Jackson Most Photogenic: Shelley Hack Most Phenomenal: Farrah

Most Captivating: Margo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24July 13, 2021 10:39 PM

[quote]R22 Farrah exuded health and glamour. so sad how she ended up!

Ass cancer is indeed an ignominious end.

by Anonymousreply 25July 13, 2021 11:03 PM

When I was a little kid I was totally into Kelly Garrett - Jaclyn Smith. Now as a middle aged man (DL eldergay) I have shifted my tastes towards Shelley Hack.

by Anonymousreply 26July 14, 2021 12:38 PM

Jaclyn Smith was, is, and will always be the most beautiful and fierce Angel. Let’s also give her props for being the only Angel to be on the show’s entire 5 season run.

by Anonymousreply 27July 14, 2021 1:16 PM

I was watching some episodes on Tubi over the weekend and I also find Jaclyn to be the prettiest. They all looked way too thin, though.

by Anonymousreply 28July 14, 2021 2:56 PM

You like fat angels, r28?

by Anonymousreply 29July 14, 2021 11:13 PM

Jaclyn Smith should do bedtime story audios. She’s so mellow she’d put you right to sleep.

by Anonymousreply 30July 14, 2021 11:31 PM

r25 I think he was alluding to the drugs and alcohol abuse

by Anonymousreply 31July 15, 2021 4:33 PM

R31 She always denied drug abuse. She specifically said she did not take drugs. She died of cancer so I'm sure she looked sick for years which probably started the speculation about drugs.

by Anonymousreply 32July 16, 2021 8:29 AM

She got ass cancer from taking countless HPV-ridden anal creampies from Ryan O'Neal.

An ignominious end.

by Anonymousreply 33July 16, 2021 8:39 AM

Farrah, sexy, yeahhhh!

by Anonymousreply 34July 16, 2021 8:45 AM

R33 That is the usual cause for ass cancer.

by Anonymousreply 35July 16, 2021 8:47 AM

Whew! I thought my wife's pussy was the biggest genital carcinogen in Hollywood!

by Anonymousreply 36July 16, 2021 9:17 AM

R36 You just got throat cancer from eating your wife's rotten pussy which was treated! You're lucky your dick didn't fall of from putting it inside that mess!

by Anonymousreply 37July 16, 2021 9:23 AM

Jane.

Ella Balinska is stunning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38July 16, 2021 9:36 AM

Beamish was quite the looker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39July 16, 2021 11:19 AM

r38, I'm sure she is/will be good in other things, but she's not projecting even a hint of personality in that photo

by Anonymousreply 40July 16, 2021 11:21 AM

oh her mother is Lorraine Pascale, the pastry chef! I'd have liked to see her as one of the Angels

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41July 16, 2021 11:26 AM

R38 and R41 BOTH stunning!

I always thought it was a mistake to not make one of the Angels a Black woman in the Charlie's Angels Movie franchise.

Drew Barrymore shoulda stayed behind the lens as producer only and allowed another actress to play that role. Never liked her as an adult performer.

Side note: She's so phony on her tv talk show.

by Anonymousreply 42July 16, 2021 11:35 AM

R40, I agree that the photo at R38 isn't the best. Here's one of the main cast of the reboot movie; Ella Balinska is the tall one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43July 16, 2021 12:13 PM

R43 wow she is so statuesque elegant and beautiful! She makes the other girls look like rag dolls!

by Anonymousreply 44July 16, 2021 12:16 PM

Jaclyn is for sure the prettiest angel. She is such a classic beauty. Farrah was the sex kitten, so she was the sexiest.

Even when it came to their clothes on the show, they fit those bills. Nolan Miller, the wardrobe designer on the show, has said in interviews that Jaclyn's style quickly became about classic pieces and tailoring. Farrah, on the other hand, would go to Rodeo Drive on the weekend then come back to Nolan and ask for all the latest, sexiest trends. Miller basically dressed them to fit their personalities--Jaclyn as classic beauty, Farrah as the sexy, trendy one.

by Anonymousreply 45July 16, 2021 1:59 PM

Nolan Miller was ecstatic to work with Shelley Hack. He said Kate Jackson was a dud to work with and dress.

by Anonymousreply 46July 16, 2021 3:18 PM

R45, Kate’s style was essentially late 70s lesbian chic.

by Anonymousreply 47July 16, 2021 3:20 PM

Tanya is so stunning to me, if a bit scary thin.

Now I am craving makeup & hair tutorials to steal her glamour, both in CA and in her movies (her aura is so amazing in Bond, and in SHEENA).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48July 16, 2021 3:54 PM

Ha, R46, he sure was, but he's also said in interviews that about two weeks into shooting, Hack became an unbearable bitch and no one in the crew liked her, especially wardrobe.

by Anonymousreply 49July 16, 2021 4:16 PM

That's right R49!

R46 Nolan Miller was so ecstatic about Shelley Hack he said quote: "Two weeks, she turned into the bitch of the century, she could get so nasty and so bitchy to everybody that we all hated her within a month, and then we wanted to get rid of her you know... Like, somebody get rid of this bitch, so she didn’t last long and we were all happy.“

Kate drove Nolan crazy because she refused to be treated like an object. And I love her for it.

by Anonymousreply 50July 16, 2021 4:19 PM

The hair people must've hated Shelley too, given some of the hideous hair styles they gave her.

by Anonymousreply 51July 16, 2021 4:25 PM

[quote]R50 Kate drove Nolan crazy because she refused to be treated like an object. And I love her for it.

It’s more that Kate Jackson didn’t care about clothes and refused to go to costume fittings. This was making Miller’s job too hard to do so he quit.

Spelling got someone else to handle Jackson’s wardrobe (which had basically shriveled to various turtlenecks… which she’d then steal) and Miller continued without the albatross of flakey Kate dragging him down.

by Anonymousreply 52July 16, 2021 4:57 PM

hFarrah was sexiest.

Jaclyn was prettiest.

Tanya was "hottest"

by Anonymousreply 53July 16, 2021 5:09 PM

Ha, I love Nolan Miller's stories about Charlie's Angels. He never holds back. I've heard him talk about Kate and her love of turtlenecks. He also talked about how all three of the original Angels would raid wardrobe and take a bunch of clothes. He had Aaron Spelling put a stop to that. I'm not sure if cared so much about Kate's turtleneck thefts, though.

He said Tonya was willing to put on the skimpiest bikinis. When he first went to Tonya's house to get an idea on how to dress her, her husband had her strip naked. He said Tonya was completely comfortable showing off her body to him.

Cheryl and Jaclyn were not fans of wearing bikinis and Cheryl did some form of protest over it. Aaron Spelling caved and didn't make her wear one anymore unless it was a beach or boat scene where wearing a bikini made sense. Nolan said he though Cheryl had the perfect body.

by Anonymousreply 54July 16, 2021 5:12 PM

R54, "Tonya"? You twit.

by Anonymousreply 55July 16, 2021 5:16 PM

R55, ha, sorry, TAN-ya.

by Anonymousreply 56July 16, 2021 5:26 PM

R52 Kate Jackson was no glamour puss, nothing new there. We know that. Glad she wasn't. All three women were allowed to keep their wardrobe. All of them! Jaclyn and Farrah went shopping, spent thousands of Dollars and kept a lot of the wardrobe. More than Kate. At some point the producers said it was too much. No one stole anything. When Kate co-created the show together with the producers it was intended to be about womens' lib. Not a jiggle show. So Kate refused to be treated like an object! Kate must have been relieved when she got rid of Nolan. What a shame he didn't quit for good. Kate wore turtlenecks and a lot of other outfits and looked gorgeous! No dull Barbie.

In the beginning a producer supported Kate. He told Spelling that the scripts were terrible so he wrote some new scripts that involved womens' lib. But Spelling told him "let's not make it too good" and that was it. T&A and glam became the focus instead of great scripts. The rest is history. Kate Jackson, the heart of the show, left and Shelley "in her hay day" Hack was hired and bitchy Nolan got really nasty and had Hack kicked out (see my Nolan quote about Hack).

by Anonymousreply 57July 16, 2021 5:49 PM

R57, "dollars" is not capitalized. And it's HEYDAY.

by Anonymousreply 58July 16, 2021 5:55 PM

The real story is that Kate got fired. The producers got tired of her attitude. I don't think Kate really cared and it was probably more of a mutual thing, but Kate was told her contract was not being renewed. At least that's what I've either read or heard on interviews. I had always heard that Kate left, so when I heard the alternative story I was surprised. Silly move by the producers. Kate's Sabrina Duncan was the glue that held the show together. She was also the best actress on the show.

R57, go back and re-read the quote. Hack was a mega-bitch to everyone and the crew hated her. She made her own bed. Nolan didn't have the power to get Shelly kicked off the show. The producers were not happy with the dwindling ratings as the fourth season went on. I do think the ratings slip is somewhat unfairly put on Hack's shoulders. That season they split the Angels up too much and lost part of what made the show work. Also, losing Kate was a big blow. But the reality was Hack could not fill Kate's shoes. She just didn't have the talent to do so. Neither did TAN-ya!

by Anonymousreply 59July 16, 2021 5:56 PM

R58 Don't get the pun?

by Anonymousreply 60July 16, 2021 5:57 PM

Kate didn’t co produce squat! She was a hired actress. Her style or lack there of was very dyke!

by Anonymousreply 61July 16, 2021 6:00 PM

You don't make sense R61. Elaborate.

by Anonymousreply 62July 16, 2021 6:04 PM

Did Andrew Stevens make Kate quit the show? I still love Andrew.

by Anonymousreply 63July 16, 2021 6:05 PM

Nolan said he was ecstatic when production hired Shelley Hack because his clothes looked GREAT on her, which, they did. Then later the old queen talked out both sides of his mouth and said she was a bitch to everyone.

by Anonymousreply 64July 16, 2021 6:07 PM

Oh for fucks sake!

Kate Jackson is not credited for co-producing the television series Charlie’s Angels

She looked like a big lesbian in most of the outfits she wore on the show. Not feminine or sexy.

by Anonymousreply 65July 16, 2021 6:09 PM

Shelley and "hay". Is THAT a pun? As in Shelley is horse-faced? I just watched her in "The Stepfather" (1987).

by Anonymousreply 66July 16, 2021 6:09 PM

Shelley Hack was a super model in the late 70s. This was prior to Charlie’s Angels!

by Anonymousreply 67July 16, 2021 6:10 PM

OMG The Stepfather is my all time fave movie!

by Anonymousreply 68July 16, 2021 6:11 PM

Sabrina Duncan look like a man! She look like a man! 👀

by Anonymousreply 69July 16, 2021 6:12 PM

I always heard Kate was jealous of the prettier girls... which was everyone else on the show. She had no curves - just straight up and down like a board.

by Anonymousreply 70July 16, 2021 6:16 PM

Kate was actually very pretty. It's just that she was next to two bombshells in Jaclyn and Farrah. Cheryl and Tonya were prettier, too. I never thought much of Shelley Hack's looks. She was ok. I think Kate was actually prettier than Shelley. Kate just didn't want to do glamorous. She still looked pretty good for the most part.

by Anonymousreply 71July 16, 2021 6:17 PM

Ramon Rodriguez

by Anonymousreply 72July 16, 2021 6:19 PM

Kate was attractive but decided for whatever reason to come off looking like the Charlie’s Angels dyke.

by Anonymousreply 73July 16, 2021 6:19 PM

Shelley Hack was a Super Model you amoeba. Appearing in top fashion industry magazines and for Revlon!

by Anonymousreply 74July 16, 2021 6:21 PM

I was not a fan of Shelly Hack. Her acting was horrific. The Angels were supposed to be hot and SMART. Shelly Hack screamed bimbo! She was the biggest miscast.

But ALL the women on the show were exceptionally beautiful EXCEPT Kate. She really was a plain Jane.

by Anonymousreply 75July 16, 2021 6:25 PM

Shelley Hack portrayed, Tiffany Welles, from Boston Massachusetts! She was sophisticated. Tanya Roberts portrayed Julie Rogers who had a police record for shoplifting and had little cred because she modeled for the Woodman Agency who also endorsed prostitution and cocaine.

by Anonymousreply 76July 16, 2021 6:29 PM

[quote]R75 The Angels were supposed to be hot and SMART. Shelly Hack screamed bimbo!

She graduated from Smith College and was by far the best educated of the angels. As this picture proves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77July 16, 2021 6:30 PM

This is the Nolan Miller interview referenced above. It’s very dishy! He doesn’t hold back talking about the show and the actresses. 🍿 The CA discussion begins around 9:30 and runs to the end. He talks about Hack and Roberts towards the end.

This isn’t on YouTube, hence the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78July 16, 2021 6:34 PM

Shelly Hack was a model plucked from the runway. Even in that picture she looks goofy R77. It was stunt casting at it's finest.

Tanya Roberts was street smart.

They were cops, nobody said anything about "EDUCATION" that doesn't necessarily make you smart.

The show was about them getting into tight spots with men who were bigger and badder than they were and they had to figure their way out of those spots. Tiffany Wells (played by Shelly Hack) did not seem smart to me. It was not believable.

It wasn't just her being a blonde -- Cheryl Ladd and Farrah Fawcett cleared that threshold.

Maybe it was her breathy voice. She acted like a model. The seasons she was on I really had to struggle to suspend my disbelief, she just took me out of it.

by Anonymousreply 79July 16, 2021 6:36 PM

[quote]R57 Kate Jackson was no glamour puss, nothing new there. We know that. Glad she wasn't.

It’s good that she contrasted with the more glamorous angels, but even dikey librarian/lumberjack clothes need to be fitted for the screen. Jackson was unprofessional in refusing to do fittings, putting others’ jobs at risk.

Finally, the demoralized Nolan Miller started sending a rack with three unfitted choices to her trailer on the day of shooting and she’d just grab whatever she wanted.

by Anonymousreply 80July 16, 2021 6:45 PM

R65 Oh for fucks sake LOL! Do your homework!!

Without Kate Jackson this show would NOT exist! That's a fact! In the first script, the trio of crime-fighters were named Alley, Lee and Catherine — The Alley Cats. They were also leather-clad karate experts working for the police. "That's the worst idea I've ever heard," Michael Eisner of ABC said when he heard the pitch. So the producers had a meeting with Kate Jackson. She came up with the name and the concept of the show: three private eyes working for an unseen boss. The whole concept. Spelling and Goldberg never paid her a cent for her crucial ideas and she wasn't credited either. At least they would admit that it was Kate's idea.

by Anonymousreply 81July 16, 2021 7:21 PM

[quote]R81 She came up with the name and the concept of the show: three private eyes working for an unseen boss. The whole concept. Spelling and Goldberg never paid her a cent for her crucial ideas

She made it back and more with all the turtleneck sweaters she stole.

by Anonymousreply 82July 16, 2021 7:25 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83July 16, 2021 7:26 PM

R77 Shelley was ugly. Being a model was not enough to replace the amazing Kate Jackson. No charisma, nothing. Shelley was a disaster. So was Tanya.

by Anonymousreply 84July 16, 2021 7:28 PM

[quote]R85 Shelley was a disaster. So was Tanya.

Their looks were too “unattainable” when loaded on top of the glamour Cheryl and Kelly brought.

Jackson’s plain looks and off-the-rack wardrobe (not to mention her tacky Pinto) gave couchfraus and bull dykes someone to identify with. But that substantial viewing audience got thrown away when Jackson (basically, the Miss Gulch of the team) was axed.

by Anonymousreply 85July 16, 2021 7:38 PM

R79 you’re an ignorant hillbilly. Tiffany Welles was a college grad not just a police academy grad AND the character was supposed to be “smart” not “bimbo” etc. any assertion otherwise shows you really didn’t watch the series enough to know the characters. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 86July 16, 2021 8:10 PM

Fuck you r84. Shelley was the opposite of ugly.

by Anonymousreply 87July 16, 2021 8:11 PM

Farrah was spectacular. Jaclyn was that classic, flawless beauty. But she had that vacant, not-quite-there “beauty pageant contestant” expression, no presence. Maybe that's the reason she is considered the most beautiful Angel. Very mainstream. Cheryl was pretty but not special. The generic blonde. Shelley was the model. Terrible hair. Tanya was pretty in a slutty way.

Kate had a refined beauty with a mystery behind her smile. Her hair was very pretty and she had a sparkle in her eye. In this photo Jaclyn is very beautiful but there's no charisma. Cheryl is a pretty blonde but no standout. Kate is radiant and has a presence! Fascinating woman!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88July 16, 2021 8:12 PM

R81 everyone on Earth has heard that tale 100 times. Kate didn’t co-produce a godamned thing.

by Anonymousreply 89July 16, 2021 8:12 PM

R88 and her Kate Jackson fetish… did you two ever bump holes in the 80s?

by Anonymousreply 90July 16, 2021 8:14 PM

R90 and her Shelley Hack fetish… did you two ever bump holes in the 80s?

by Anonymousreply 91July 16, 2021 8:22 PM

“It would be better with Shelley Hack”!

by Anonymousreply 92July 16, 2021 8:25 PM

R92 Good luck LOL!

by Anonymousreply 93July 16, 2021 8:31 PM

Let me make this very clear. All the women were beautiful EXCEPT Kate, but they were tiered.

Top Tier = Kate Jackson and Farrah Fawcett

Second Tier = Cheryl Ladd

Third Tier = Shelly Hack and Tanya Roberts

Bottom Tier = Kate Jackson

And that's the truth. Kate Jackson was a plain Jane. It wasn't just her awful, clothes, make up and hair. Her features are very masculine and her body had no kind of shape. I see why she was jealous of the other girls.

And R86 you fail to understand what I am saying. but you're actually kind of making my point. I am very familiar with ALL the characters. Yes, Tiffany was supposed to be the smartest. The character was WRITTEN that way. She just was unable to execute the role.

Shelley Hack was a model without a lot of acting under her belt when she took over Kate Jackson's role AND IT SHOWED. Not only did she not have the experience to play the role, she did not have the skills for it. She had a weak breathy voice and usually a dizzy expression on her face.

There is no way that tall goofy bimbo could be perceived as smart. She was TERRIBLE in that role! You can say whatever you want about Kate Jackson, but she was an experienced actress and she did an EXCELLENT job in her role. They should have chosen a real actress to replace her. Like I said, stunt casting.

by Anonymousreply 94July 16, 2021 9:04 PM

Sabrina Duncan = Jane Hathaway (Beverly Hillbillies).

by Anonymousreply 95July 16, 2021 9:06 PM

[quote]R88 Jaclyn is very beautiful but there's no charisma. Cheryl is a pretty blonde but no standout. Kate is radiant and has a presence! Fascinating woman!

I’m assuming you’re lesbian (?)

by Anonymousreply 96July 16, 2021 9:11 PM

I mean Jaclyn Smith and Farrah Fawcett were top tier.

Kate Jackson was bottom tier

by Anonymousreply 97July 16, 2021 9:14 PM

[quote]R94 You can say whatever you want about Kate Jackson, but she was an experienced actress and she did an EXCELLENT job in her role. They should have chosen a real actress to replace her.

That’s why they initially perused Sada Thompson.

by Anonymousreply 98July 16, 2021 9:17 PM

Kate Jackson, Jaclyn Smith and Farrah Fawcett were best friends. There was no room for jealousy. But others were jealous of the original Angels. This is a great pic of three equally beautiful women. Cheryl, Shelley and Tanya were not in the same league.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99July 16, 2021 9:24 PM

Those sequined bell bottoms - -

by Anonymousreply 100July 16, 2021 9:25 PM

Sada Thompson looked fat and dumb though. So she wouldn't have been right for the part either...

Kate Jackson wasn't pretty but she was at least average looking (maybe slightly above average when she dressed properly and did her hair and make up) and she was VERY SMART (or at least could play the part), so she was believable in the role. Hack was not.

With stunners like Jaclyn Smith and Farrah Fawcett, nobody was looking at Jackson anyway.

by Anonymousreply 101July 16, 2021 9:28 PM

R99 sue your eye doctor.

by Anonymousreply 102July 16, 2021 9:29 PM

Was r99 from their annual Camel Toe Spectacular? They recycled that idea each season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103July 16, 2021 9:29 PM

Wow what a thread! Where to start... I guess right here: R103 Cringe!! The crazy 80s noooo!! Must have been in 1979, though but the fashion was very 80s, godawful! Where's the 70s magic?? Oh, right here R99! Okay, Farrah and Jaclyn do not look too good in this outfit. Kate's the only one who can pull it off! She looks stunning!

Now on to some other posts.

by Anonymousreply 104July 16, 2021 9:42 PM

Shelley Hack had a small but pivotal appearance in Woody Allen's Annie Hall two years prior. She might have resented going from starring in a recent Best Picture winner by a acclaimed, intellectual director to doing jiggle TV.

Kate never got over Aaron not letting her out to do Kramer vs. Kramer. In hindsight, it was a good thing that she was already gone from the show during 1980 awards season. She most likely would have been miserable on the set watching Meryl collect all the awards for a role that was initially hers. At least she got to console herself with Andrew Stevens and party with Cher and Marcia Strassman.

by Anonymousreply 105July 16, 2021 9:43 PM

I like R24 and R88. Agree with most of it.

by Anonymousreply 106July 16, 2021 9:56 PM

R100 Very cool! The glorious 70s R99!

by Anonymousreply 107July 16, 2021 10:00 PM

R93 that was a direct quote from a season 2 episode of The Golden Girls, you amoeba!

by Anonymousreply 108July 16, 2021 10:07 PM

R81 True.

by Anonymousreply 109July 16, 2021 10:47 PM

R109 it’s time for you to go to bed.

by Anonymousreply 110July 16, 2021 10:51 PM

has anyone ever considered that Nolan Miller wasn't all he was cracked up to be and perhaps didn't understand how to dress Kate that well at all?

by Anonymousreply 111July 17, 2021 12:53 AM

No.

by Anonymousreply 112July 17, 2021 1:17 AM

I love Kate's natural sleek, dark long hair, it brought out her feline, understated, sultry features - Sabrina's looks, her hair and her clothes, were all about character, and helped provide the balance and anchor the show needed - apples and oranges.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113July 17, 2021 1:18 AM

It's funny to hear all the comments about Kate being the least attractive of the Angels. When I first saw her on Dark Shadows (as a ghost, who didn't speak for the first six months), I remember thinking how stunning she looked. (of course , her competition was Grayson Hall).

by Anonymousreply 114July 17, 2021 1:50 AM

Kate often didn't seem to put a lot of effort into looking very attractive, let alone sexy.

If you look up pre-Charlie's Angels pics, when she had longer hair, she did look very attractive then. She had a very unique look.

I was surprised she posed for a photo like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115July 17, 2021 3:01 AM

Prettiest: Jaclyn, Cheryl

Sexiest: Farrah, Tanya

Cute: Kate, Shelley

by Anonymousreply 116July 17, 2021 3:11 AM

Kate Jackson was pretty and she had cute slight Southern accent. She just paled in comparison to Jaclyn and Farrah.

by Anonymousreply 117July 17, 2021 3:13 AM

What about Vivian Vance?

by Anonymousreply 118July 17, 2021 3:23 AM

Nice try, but R113 and R115 are younger pictures. Kate Jackson never looked like that on Charlie's Angels.

by Anonymousreply 119July 17, 2021 3:24 AM

Kate did have good, thick eyebrows.

Her bush was the hariest of all the angels, too. That’s probably why she didn’t like wardrobe fittings.

by Anonymousreply 120July 17, 2021 3:45 AM

Kate was one of the celebrities on Match Game '76 this week. Why was she appearing on game shows in 1976? She was already a huge star with Charlie's Angels and had appeared in several big TV movies, like Satan's School for Girls. It just seems odd that a big, hot star like her would do this show.

Same thing applies to Jamie Lee Curtis, who appeared on Match Game a couple times after the huge success of Halloween. Not to mention the fact that her family was Hollywood royalty. It seemed beneath her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121July 17, 2021 3:57 AM

The ubiquitous turtleneck…

by Anonymousreply 122July 17, 2021 4:49 AM

R103 A gorgeous looking brunette and two average looking (at best) blondes. When this show was in its prime there were two gorgeous brunettes and a phenomenal blonde. (R99)

by Anonymousreply 123July 17, 2021 5:55 AM

What there ever an all-male version of Charlie's Angels? I only remember two-man cop/detective shows in the 70s and 80s: Adam-12, Starsky and Hutch, The Streets of San Francisco, Chips, Hardcastle and McCormick, Riptide, Miami Vice, Simon and Simon.

by Anonymousreply 124July 17, 2021 6:16 AM

[quote]R48 Tanya is so stunning to me, if a bit scary thin. Now I am craving makeup & hair tutorials to steal her glamour…

First, Kate has some products she’d like you to try.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125July 17, 2021 6:29 AM

Here you go r114!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126July 17, 2021 6:37 AM

R124, The Rookies

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127July 17, 2021 7:04 AM

Hawaii 5-0

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128July 17, 2021 7:07 AM

R126, I usually don't go for blonde guys, but Stephen Shortridge! Be still my beating heart! His smile melts my heart. That is one fine looking man. Clearly the stunner in that group. He left acting a long time ago. He is still cute now in his late 60s!

by Anonymousreply 129July 17, 2021 4:25 PM

Do people even remember Shortridge replaced John Travolta on Welcome Back, Kotter? I’ll bet most don’t. He was only on the last season (‘78-‘79). He did 19 episodes though according to IMDB. I can’t get find a clip online though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130July 17, 2021 8:57 PM

R130 Yum

by Anonymousreply 131July 18, 2021 5:42 AM

Stephen is the prettiest in the room.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132July 18, 2021 5:49 AM

Ooh, Bob Seagren! HOT!

by Anonymousreply 133July 18, 2021 5:51 AM

Who's the guy on the far right in that photo? Is it Ken Olin?

by Anonymousreply 134July 18, 2021 5:53 AM

I didn't think Stephen Shortridge was all that. I thought Bruce Bauer was handsome though. He was a model who had worked with Shelley Hack before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135July 18, 2021 5:57 AM

Wow most of those women were dogs

by Anonymousreply 136July 18, 2021 6:11 AM

Bruce Bauer got caught with his dick in another woman’s mouth in the 80s classic “My Tutor”.

by Anonymousreply 137July 18, 2021 6:33 AM

R132, he sure the fuck was! The others pale in comparison (including the women). During that period you just did not have that many naturally beautiful men on screen because acting was actually work.

Nowadays with things being filmed so far in advance, they can stand any model or gym rat in front of a teleprompter and tell them frame by frame what to say and do.

by Anonymousreply 138July 18, 2021 10:33 AM

"Do people even remember Shortridge replaced John Travolta on Welcome Back, Kotter? I’ll bet most don’t. "

What are you talking about? That's the ONLY thing I remember him from.

by Anonymousreply 139July 18, 2021 12:29 PM

R43 Yuck. Bunch of SJW turds. I'm so glad that movie hugely bombed. The Twilight bitch is one of the worst "actors" in the last 100 years.

by Anonymousreply 140July 18, 2021 1:57 PM

R54 Cheryl did have an amazing body, her first season really shows it off

Kate is an understated beauty and you all know she'd be the prettiest woman in a real life situation (she would be your prettiest teacher, prettiest coworker etc)

Jaclyn Smith has a great voice, not deep but mature, no vocal fry, very sexy

by Anonymousreply 141July 18, 2021 2:37 PM

"no vocal fry". LMAO! What exactly is that and do people really say that? Silly gays.

by Anonymousreply 142July 18, 2021 2:41 PM

Shelley Hack, of course. But flyover will go for Sears Catalog looks every time.

by Anonymousreply 143July 18, 2021 2:44 PM

Shelly

by Anonymousreply 144July 18, 2021 2:45 PM

ShellEy

by Anonymousreply 145July 18, 2021 2:48 PM

Cotton wasn’t that sexy on CA’s Toni’s Boys episode. Cute though.

by Anonymousreply 146July 18, 2021 5:40 PM

It’s definitely between Shelley and Tanya. But I will give Ms. Robert’s the edge because ultimately she looked better in a bathing suit, and when we get down to brass tacks, that’s what the show was about… or WANTED to be about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147July 19, 2021 4:52 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148July 19, 2021 5:02 AM

Cheryl said she was intimidated by Tanya's body, but she was glad Tanya would do the bikini stuff without complaint so she wouldn't have to do it as much.

by Anonymousreply 149July 19, 2021 5:03 AM

I remember watching one of those "Charlie's Angels" documentaries, and Cheryl Ladd said that Tanya Roberts had the most beautiful skin that she had ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 150July 19, 2021 10:49 AM

Jaclyn was intimidated by Tanya's body as well. Tanya was very pretty, but as upthread posters have noted it was in a trashy way. She reminded me of a girl I went to high school with. She was also trashy-pretty with a killer body. The popular boys used to mess around with her at weekend parties then deny it on Monday. Poor girl was always cast aside for the Kelly Garretts and Kris Monroes of my school.

by Anonymousreply 151July 19, 2021 2:52 PM

Best raw material? Tanya had a nose job and breast implants to boot. Raw material!?

by Anonymousreply 152July 19, 2021 2:55 PM

R151 I think everyone had a Tanya at their high school as you described. I actually knew several in high school and college too.

by Anonymousreply 153July 19, 2021 3:18 PM

Julie Rogers was a bad girl ex-model. She had a police record for shoplifting a dress so she could go to a job interview. She was plucked up by private investigator, Harry. He molded her into being his associate investigator as she could blend in easily to the fashion world.

by Anonymousreply 154July 19, 2021 4:05 PM

Were Julie and Harry fucking?

by Anonymousreply 155July 19, 2021 9:38 PM

Lucy liu. That wonky Oriental eye could turn me straight.

by Anonymousreply 156July 19, 2021 9:40 PM

R155 they lived together.

by Anonymousreply 157July 19, 2021 9:42 PM

Surprisingly, it’s Tanya who pretty much had the most respectable post-Angels career (Kate Jackson aside.)

She was a Bond Girl, did other major motion pictures, had a major role on a long running hit show. The rest of them got stuck in TV films with occasional glorified cameos in (mostly) B movies or things that FLOPPED big time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158July 20, 2021 12:05 AM

That's absolutely not true. Tanya couldn't get arrested after Bond, hence her descent into straight to video erotic thrillers. "That '70s Show" was a cute little comeback though she was by no means a breakout star of the show.

by Anonymousreply 159July 20, 2021 2:52 AM

It's weird that someone keeps posting stills of Tanya that have been upscaled and smoothed out by whoever posted them.

by Anonymousreply 160July 20, 2021 2:54 AM

Well, here’s the original pic, if that makes you happier.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161July 20, 2021 3:11 AM

[quote]r159 Tanya couldn't get arrested after Bond

Sada Thompson saw to [italic]that.

by Anonymousreply 162July 20, 2021 3:24 AM

Did any of you see Nightkill when it first aired on TV? The shower scene and the murdered dog (still upsets me) has haunted me my entire life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163July 20, 2021 3:26 AM

Tanya Roberts is my choice too.

by Anonymousreply 164July 20, 2021 3:29 AM

I don’t think anyone or their mother saw KNIGHTKILL, r163. Wasn’t it shot as a movie, then no one wanted to release it, so it was finally sold to TV?

by Anonymousreply 165July 20, 2021 3:38 AM

Don't know, 165. I only know it left a lasting impression on my young mind.

by Anonymousreply 166July 20, 2021 3:40 AM

R158, Pshaw! I played Grace Kelly, starred in "Poison Ivy," lit up the Broadway stage, and my records were big in Japan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167July 20, 2021 3:43 AM

r167's pic made me chuckle.

by Anonymousreply 168July 20, 2021 3:47 AM

[quote]r167 Pshaw! I played Grace Kelly, starred in "Poison Ivy," lit up the Broadway stage, and my records were big in Japan. - Cheryl Ladd

Bitch, you didn’t “star” in Poison Ivy. You have about 2 scenes.

by Anonymousreply 169July 20, 2021 3:55 AM

Andrew Stevens had quite a red hot career in the 70s and early 80s. Including movies with De Palma! And suddenly bam, he was soft porn straight for tv movies. What the fuck happened?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170July 20, 2021 4:35 AM

He totally lost his looks too ^^^^^^

by Anonymousreply 171July 20, 2021 4:36 AM

Shelley had the pretty, patrician, unattainable upper class girl look. A mix between Daisy Buchanan and Candice Bergen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172July 20, 2021 4:42 AM

[quote]"That '70s Show" was a cute little comeback though she was by no means a breakout star of the show.

Exactly. While credited with 81 episodes (because she was in the opening credit sequence), she actually appeared in about 50 episodes. And then was "let go" after S3 due to her "personal issues". After what the producers had gone through with Lisa Robin Kelly, they were just over it.

by Anonymousreply 173July 20, 2021 4:43 AM

Everyone needs to shut up about all those wannabe man whores from Toni’s Boys, etc. This thread is about US!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174July 20, 2021 4:51 AM

Cheryl Ladd looks like Jessica Simpson in R174's pic. All the others look fine though.

by Anonymousreply 175July 20, 2021 4:54 AM

[quote]R173 While credited with 81 episodes (because she was in the opening credit sequence), Roberts actually appeared in about 50 episodes. And then was "let go" after S3

Farrah’s TV show bombed in comparison, at 15 (?) episodes: and was a mid season replacement at that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176July 20, 2021 4:58 AM

Is bad fan art welcome here? I hope so.

Who the hell is this supposed to be?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177July 20, 2021 5:00 AM

Post some CA dolls!

by Anonymousreply 178July 20, 2021 5:01 AM

People forget that Kate was inches away from getting an Oscar nomination for Making Love. Liz Smith even said that she was considered a shoo-in, but somehow it never happened.

by Anonymousreply 179July 20, 2021 5:03 AM

Okay, R176?? Is that supposed to be a "gotcha!" or something? I was merely pointing out that she really wasn't that big of star on T7S.

by Anonymousreply 180July 20, 2021 5:19 AM

[quote]R179 Kate was inches away from getting an Oscar nomination for Making Love. Liz Smith even said that she was considered a shoo-in, but somehow it never happened.

Because [italic]no one saw the movie.[/italic]

Liz just said that because Kate cleaned out her pussy orally.

by Anonymousreply 181July 20, 2021 5:24 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182July 20, 2021 5:53 AM

There was a curly perm Angel?

by Anonymousreply 183July 20, 2021 5:59 AM

That’s Sada Thompson, pre being recast.

by Anonymousreply 184July 20, 2021 6:01 AM

Who's above knife Cheryl? Lee Grant?

by Anonymousreply 185July 20, 2021 6:04 AM

They did Shelley dirty. And is that Anne Francis bottom left?

by Anonymousreply 186July 20, 2021 6:05 AM

Angels in high school, with Kate being her usual gorgeous self:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187July 20, 2021 6:09 AM

[quote]R186 They did Shelley dirty. And is that Anne Francis bottom left?

Yes. And Diana Rigg top right (for R185)

by Anonymousreply 188July 20, 2021 6:11 AM

Oh, so Curly Perm is Teresa Graves ("Get Christie Love")?

by Anonymousreply 189July 20, 2021 6:15 AM

When Kate left, they should have brought in Miss Angie Dickinson. She and Bosley could have got hot 'n' heavy.

by Anonymousreply 190July 20, 2021 6:16 AM

Is this an episode where they go undercover disguised as soccer moms?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191July 20, 2021 6:18 AM

Farrah's beauty real hit when she was about 40. I remember seeing a retrospective the day she died. She was just stunning at that point. The hair was tamer and she'd grown into her face. Then she started to deteriorate as her mind did I guess.

by Anonymousreply 192July 20, 2021 6:26 AM

R187 In fact Kate is gorgeous in this pic. She had it. Farrah had it, too. Jaclyn her usual pretty but something's missing. But they're the real angels. All the replacements were...replacements. And it showed.

by Anonymousreply 193July 20, 2021 6:30 AM

Did Farrah ever abandon the blonde hair for significant periods.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194July 20, 2021 6:32 AM

r177, I think that's DL fave Margo.

by Anonymousreply 195July 20, 2021 10:47 AM

So was the hope with Shelley Hack that she would be sort of a Katharine Hepburn type? I got the impression from the Nolan Miller interview that he was excited about her being cast because she had that sort of patrician beauty akin to Hepburn, but the problem was she couldn't act. I imagine the sort of neo-Hepburn thing is why she was given so many chances in the 1980s, but she always presented as stiff, ornery and low-energy.

by Anonymousreply 196July 20, 2021 12:42 PM

Miller said that Hack became hell on wheels very soon after she joined the show.

by Anonymousreply 197July 20, 2021 12:56 PM

Nolan himself was responsible for this > R191

by Anonymousreply 198July 20, 2021 2:43 PM

^^ it is unfathomable!

Did they cut the budget??

by Anonymousreply 199July 20, 2021 3:37 PM

Maybe Mr. Miller was so dazzled by and besotted with Ms. Roberts (as we all were) (and ARE) that he was blinded and distracted, and simply couldn’t do his work… having to hand out ugly sweaters at the last minute?

It’s curious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200July 20, 2021 3:44 PM

I'm convinced that queen who claimed to be Tanya's PR executive - and announced her death before she'd even died- is posting here. He's even uploading Tanya pics rather just linking to ones found on Google.

by Anonymousreply 201July 20, 2021 4:23 PM

[quote]R201 He's even uploading Tanya pics rather just linking to ones found on Google.

When you link in DataLounge to a pic elsewhere on the internet, it doesn’t always show as an image directly in the post. (Perhaps being retarded, you have not noticed this.)

The work around is to upload to ImgBB - though IMDb images show directly, too.

by Anonymousreply 202July 20, 2021 4:50 PM

R171 Probably drugs!

by Anonymousreply 203July 20, 2021 6:59 PM

Farrah got kicked out of the top sorority at UT because the House Mother caught her in the shower with a football player. She dropped out of college soon after and went to Hollywood. She was always a hoe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204July 20, 2021 7:15 PM

Maybe she caught ass cancer as far back as college, fucking in the showers.

by Anonymousreply 205July 20, 2021 8:22 PM

Where can one stream “ Behind the Camera: the Unauthorized Story of 'Charlie's Angels'” ?

There’s only 1 clip on YouTube. The Farrah seems lame, but the Kate supposedly really got her voice, and the Jaclyn is apparently a pretty good lookalike.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206July 20, 2021 8:28 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207July 20, 2021 8:30 PM

R206 that Jaclyn is pretty spot on and they even got the hair right!

by Anonymousreply 208July 20, 2021 8:30 PM

R206 R207 Jaclyn is the only one that kind of works. The face, the hair, even her voice! LMAO!

by Anonymousreply 209July 20, 2021 8:59 PM

Hey, ass, Cheryl Ladd had more than a couple scenes in Poison Ivy, she had a supporting role but appeared throughout the film.

by Anonymousreply 210July 20, 2021 10:04 PM

I loved the imposters episode in Season 3 - but there was no way in hell the bitch on the right of this photo would be mistaken for beautiful Jaclyn. The actresses playing fake Sabrina and fake Kris were well cast though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211July 20, 2021 10:45 PM

R211 Oh shit! None of those bitches look like my Angels and the one they cast as Jaclyn was just cruel. They obviously don't like Jaclyn.

by Anonymousreply 212July 20, 2021 10:52 PM

The actress playing fake Sabrina did well speaking in Kate’s distinctive style.

by Anonymousreply 213July 21, 2021 12:24 AM

Her lez style?

by Anonymousreply 214July 21, 2021 12:26 AM

The Kate actress’ voice is spot on!

by Anonymousreply 215July 21, 2021 12:27 AM

The "Kate" is arguably prettier than Miss Jackson but the other two... I wonder if the Angels pushed for actresses who weren't a threat in the looks department... After Farrah's abrupt departure, I'm sure there was an atmosphere between cast and the higher ups.

by Anonymousreply 216July 21, 2021 2:57 AM

Why does Farrah look like Diane Ladd here?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217July 21, 2021 3:35 AM

Jaclyn Smith had a successful career after Charlie's Angels ended in 1981. She was "Queen of the Miniseries" throughout the 80s. And she launched her very successful clothing line at K-Mart in 1985. That clothing line still exists today at both K-Mart and Sears.

Here's a TV commercial from 1986.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218July 21, 2021 11:04 AM

Someone linked to a very read of Jaclyn Smith's acting. I think it was published in the late 1980s.

by Anonymousreply 219July 21, 2021 11:18 AM

*very funny read

by Anonymousreply 220July 21, 2021 11:18 AM

R211 The imposter episode always annoyed me. How do you not have a scene where the Angels fight their doubles ?

by Anonymousreply 221July 21, 2021 11:55 AM

The doubles episode was probably a result of vacation time for the leads.

by Anonymousreply 222July 21, 2021 11:57 AM

R212 Indeed! They were all awful! Average actresses, too. They didn't even get "Sabrina's" hair right. The real Sabrina was a raven haired beauty with mesmerizing eyes and she had charisma. They should have done that episode when Shelley Hack tried her luck as an Angel. They would have easily found a lookalike Tiffany, most likely a prettier one, too. R221 Agreed! I thought it was boring. And I don't want to see some cheap copies. I want to see THE Angels!

by Anonymousreply 223July 21, 2021 12:13 PM

Then you should have stopped watching past the first season.

by Anonymousreply 224July 21, 2021 12:39 PM

The most underrated actress of them all was Cheryl Ladd. She replaced the iconic Farrah Fawcett in Season 2. She knew she had big shoes to fill and she did it without missing a beat.

The original premise of this 1970s era show was female empowerment. They were three smart female cops who were being under-utilized in boring jobs and presumably held back due to their gender.

Cheryl Ladd's story made sense as another smart female California Cop in a boring job. But more importantly, Ladd is an excellent actress who played the hell outta her role. She was also very believable as "little sister" in the crossover episodes when Farrah returned to guest star.

I remember in an interview Ladd said she only agreed to take the role if she wasn't just a "sex symbol." She wanted to do it with humor. They agreed. Her tongue in cheek comedy worked very well.

Stuff started to quickly spiral off the rails when Kate Jackson left in Season 4 and they didn't have a good replacement. Some idiot tried to be too cute by half in the casting of the "model" from the Charlie perfume Commercials (Shelley Hack) as a former east coast cop. It was a too much on the nose but also didn't fit the formula. She was also a horrible actress and thus never believable as a former cop. It bombed spectacularly.

They obviously didn't learn their lesson because in Season 5 they strayed even further from the formula (smart, qualified females being empowered), by fully leaning into the "model" storyline with Tanya Roberts and basically screaming to the world "Hey, we are strictly a tits and ass show... storyline be damned." Of course it didn't work.

Both these women took viewers too far away from the original premise.

Kudos to Cheryl Ladd for being the only replacement that actually worked.

by Anonymousreply 225July 21, 2021 1:35 PM

I think you give the pre Shelley/Tanya years too much credit. It was always a tacky show.

by Anonymousreply 226July 21, 2021 1:38 PM

R226 I don't disagree with you about it being tacky but the same could be said for most things on tv, but none of them ADMIT IT to the audience. TV is still supposed to be a suspension of disbelieve. Charlie's Angels started believing their own hype and forgot that you still have to tell a good story.

by Anonymousreply 227July 21, 2021 1:41 PM

What's the Cagney & Lacey guy's name? He talked about how the CA team never had any intention of telling a good story. Hair and make up was the priority.

by Anonymousreply 228July 21, 2021 1:47 PM

[quote]R223 The real Sabrina was a raven haired beauty with mesmerizing eyes and she had charisma.

For dykes!

by Anonymousreply 229July 21, 2021 1:52 PM

R228 I have to disagree. Cagney and Lacey was a damn good show!

by Anonymousreply 230July 21, 2021 1:55 PM

R228 You mean Barney Rosenzweig. He wrote better scripts but Aaron Spelling told him "let's not make it too good"... He and Goldberg thought T&A was the magic formula. But they were wrong. When Kate left Spelling said: "Oh hell what next??" And then we know what happened. HUGE MESS with The Hack.

by Anonymousreply 231July 21, 2021 1:58 PM

Farrah Fawcett was actually a very good actress. She should have won awards for The Burning Bed.

And she was so nice to her fans.

The other actress in this clip is good too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232July 21, 2021 1:58 PM

R228 and to be clear, when I say "admit it to the audience" I don't mean some PR statement. I mean that they gave up on writing good consistent storylines. They abandoned the original premise just to show beautiful women running around half naked carrying guns.

It was insulting to the audience. It was kinda like porn with no storyline where they just jump right to the sex.

by Anonymousreply 233July 21, 2021 2:00 PM

Breaking news: "Saturn 3" (1980), starring Farrah, is now on Tubi.

by Anonymousreply 234July 21, 2021 2:02 PM

[Quote] I have to disagree. Cagney and Lacey was a damn good show!

You misread my post.

by Anonymousreply 235July 21, 2021 2:13 PM

[quote]R232 Farrah Fawcett was actually a very good actress. She should have won awards for The Burning Bed.

I wouldn’t say she was a GOOD actress. More like, at times she could be non-embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 236July 21, 2021 2:16 PM

Cheryl Ladd had acting tics that always got on my nerves, including her fake ass laugh and self conscious scratching of the head. I will give her credit that she never phoned it in like Jaclyn in those last couple of seasons or Farrah during her special guest appearances.

by Anonymousreply 237July 21, 2021 2:20 PM

Farrah was phenomenal in her portrayal of Francine Hughes, r326. She was nominated for an Emmy and should have won.

by Anonymousreply 238July 21, 2021 2:24 PM

I remember Boy George praising FF's performance in The Burning Bed on Ruby Wax's short lived "around a restaurant table" talk show. Joanna Lumley made a point about US TV movie queens who would play a child killer and manage to stand outside the performance and telegraph that the star wasn't this terrible character. I presume she meant actresses like Jaclyn.

by Anonymousreply 239July 21, 2021 2:27 PM

Smith was by far the prettiest and the smartest. She knew to sit back, shut up and collect the paycheck. She knew she got lucky and would never have another chance like that. I recall when she appeared on "Becker," as a former flame and I was shocked at how funny she was. She missed a great career move by not branching into comedy.

by Anonymousreply 240July 21, 2021 2:36 PM

r4, cuz you are gay as fuck. Farrah was the sexiest. But Jacklyn was the prettiest.

Cheryl Ladd was pretty with a sexy vibe she could turn on. She went from innocent little sister to slutty vixen when undercover sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 241July 21, 2021 2:39 PM

Charlies Angels needs to stay in the 70s. All these reboots suck. I hated when it hit the 80s and the clothing and hair changed. Kris and Jacklyn looked like suburban moms too fast. They were hot in the 70s.

Then stories focused on one angel and the others were background, lost the appeal of them all having their covers and getting shit done.

But good lord stop doing reboots. Just make your own original show about female detectives.

by Anonymousreply 242July 21, 2021 2:57 PM

Farrah really improved as an actress. After her career sputtered out after being in some movie flops after Charlie's Angels, she took some acting classes and took a role in the gritty play Extremities and got good reviews. She then did The Burning Bed, which got her widespread praise for her performance. After that, she had her pick of TV movie roles for about a decade. She got Small Sacrifices, which a lot of actresses were vying for since it was a good and challenging role. She got praise for that role too. And TV movies in the 80s and 90s had decent budgets and scripts often and could pay well if you were a 'name' actor.

by Anonymousreply 243July 21, 2021 3:00 PM

[Quote] Then stories focused on one angel and the others were background

Did they all have kids IRL at this point, or something?

by Anonymousreply 244July 21, 2021 3:10 PM

Only Cheryl.

by Anonymousreply 245July 21, 2021 3:12 PM

[quote]R243 she took some acting classes and took a role in the gritty play Extremities and got good reviews.

I believe she replaced Susan Sarandon, who originated the role and then moved on. Here Susie is rehearsing with cast mate Ellen Barkin. On the left is Debora Hedwall, who recently slapped Kate Winslet across the face in “Mare of Easttown”. Good times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246July 21, 2021 3:13 PM

The Farrah replacement cast included mighty, scintillating DL icon Lorna Luft.

One night a man stood up and approached the stage with a poster for Farrah to sign. He was escorted out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247July 21, 2021 3:20 PM

It sure as hell wasn’t Sabrina Duncan!

by Anonymousreply 248July 21, 2021 10:21 PM

Maybe it WAS Kate Jackson with the poster, in one of her clever Sabrina disguises (?!?)

by Anonymousreply 249July 22, 2021 1:00 AM

R242 Spot on! When I think of Charlie's Angels I think of the 70s, the coolest decade ever. And I think of Kate, Farrah, Jackie and Cheryl. Season 4 and 5 didn't work for some obvious reasons. Also at that point it was so unbearably 80s and ridiculous it basically had become unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 250July 22, 2021 12:04 PM

Margo was far from unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 251July 22, 2021 12:09 PM

Haha!.... And Kelly defending herself against Margo... Oh Kelly, you used to be a martial arts expert! What happened??

by Anonymousreply 252July 22, 2021 12:17 PM

I think if the writers and the showrunnersn hadn't been so determined to ruin the show that Tanya Roberts might've had the potential to be a good replacement for Kate, she was an unpretentious girl from the Bronx in real life, and she really tried in her role, just wasn't given a fair shake.

by Anonymousreply 253July 22, 2021 12:39 PM

[bold]#TanyaWasRobbed

by Anonymousreply 254July 22, 2021 2:56 PM

Why all the love for (forgotten) Tanya? She dead. She wasn't even talented enough to be on an 80s prime-time soap. She was so meh.

by Anonymousreply 255July 22, 2021 3:01 PM

Kate destroyed Tanya’s post-angels career, that’s why we’re mad.

She did it to Shelley, too… but somehow Kate’s this SAINT.

by Anonymousreply 256July 22, 2021 3:49 PM

Tanya died twice. No other Angel has had that.

by Anonymousreply 257July 22, 2021 3:51 PM

Bosley.

by Anonymousreply 258July 22, 2021 3:52 PM

Well, to be fair, Farrah took forever to die. And Kate’s sure dragging’ it out.

by Anonymousreply 259July 22, 2021 3:57 PM

Something that made the Angels look even more beautiful was the fact that Bosley was so unattractive.

And why couldn't he ever get any pussy?

All the Angels got fucked. Even the unseen Charlie was obviously a whore!

Unfortunately Bosley went home and jerked himself off at night. That's too bad, I'm sure Jill woulda gave him some pussy. She was a HO!

by Anonymousreply 260July 22, 2021 3:58 PM

[Quote] Well, to be fair, Farrah took forever to die.

Please!

by Anonymousreply 261July 22, 2021 3:58 PM

r260, this is not true. Several episodes showed Bosley putting on the charm. He was bringing in tail. Unfortunately a lot of his lady loves turned out to be the criminals.

by Anonymousreply 262July 22, 2021 4:42 PM

He was going to get some right there if he could forget about work

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263July 22, 2021 4:44 PM

#I RobbedTanya

by Anonymousreply 264July 22, 2021 6:55 PM

R262 Bosley tried but I never saw him get any pussy. And why was his old ass not married?

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 265July 23, 2021 8:06 AM

I always heard it was Sada Thompson who got Shelley Hack fired. Sada was a nice lady, but when she got angry she could be a real bitch on wheels.

by Anonymousreply 266July 23, 2021 11:12 AM

Sada would need wheels to get around the room.

by Anonymousreply 267July 23, 2021 11:26 AM

Did they instantly realize Shelley wasn't going to cut it as a replacement? She's not really showcased in her first episode. She must have become aware of it as Nolan Miller said that she was sweet as pie before she got the gig.

by Anonymousreply 268July 23, 2021 11:31 AM

For me it's Kate and Farrah. Kate had a cute tomboyish look to her and I always thought that Farrah had the most lovely eyes (Tanya too).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269July 23, 2021 5:13 PM

R268 she was a gimmick as the "Charlie" perfume model. It was lazy and stupid but they thought they could slip her in and viewers wouldn't notice her obvious lack of talent.

by Anonymousreply 270July 23, 2021 6:01 PM

Shelley Hack kept getting cast, though. She must have auditioned well. Didn't she do a day on "Night Court" but didn't last long enough to even tape an episode.

by Anonymousreply 271July 23, 2021 6:25 PM

Shelley was on a short-lived ABC-TV series called "Jack and Mike" in 1986-1987. Shelley played Jackie ("Jack"), a newspaper columnist. Tom Mason (who?) played her husband, Mike (duh), a club owner. What a boring premise! Poor Shelley!

by Anonymousreply 272July 23, 2021 6:41 PM

Julia Phillips said that Cybill was cast for her big ass, which reminded Scorsese of the Italian matrons he grew up around. God knows the reason Shelley was cast in The King of Comedy.

by Anonymousreply 273July 23, 2021 7:17 PM

Cybill is good in TAXI DRIVER. She’s perfectly cast.

by Anonymousreply 274July 23, 2021 7:55 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275July 23, 2021 8:01 PM

I'll never understand why they didn't hire Susan Anton to replace Farrah. I think she could have pulled it off and might have even been as big as Farrah. Maybe she was too tall compared to Kate and Jaclyn?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276July 23, 2021 9:15 PM

R276 she was b-grade even in 1979.

by Anonymousreply 277July 23, 2021 9:17 PM

Toni approves

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278July 23, 2021 10:56 PM

R276 What R277 said.^^^^

That said, nobody was gonna "replace" Farrah Fawcett. She was the next best thing to sliced bread at that time. A "look-a-like" wasn't gonna work. They had to create another character. Cheryl Ladd turned out to be a great solution. She rode it til the end. No other addition lasted more than a season.

Cheryl Ladd was not the reason for the show's demise. Quite the contrary, she kept it going! She was the right choice.

by Anonymousreply 279July 23, 2021 11:40 PM

Yes, Ladd was a very successful replacement. The show even went up a spot in the year-end ratings from #5 when Farrah was there to #4 when Ladd replaced her. Pretty good considering everyone said with Farrah leaving the show would tank.

by Anonymousreply 280July 23, 2021 11:44 PM

Farrah really went on to a dreary movie career, then came crawling back to TV.

by Anonymousreply 281July 24, 2021 5:34 AM

I agree about Kelly from Season 5, r252. Kelly Garrett from Seasons 1-3 was tough and fearless, and she would have kicked Margo's ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282July 24, 2021 11:22 AM

Will the poster who keeps thinking the Sada Thompson jokes are funny kindly eat a bullet? TIA!

by Anonymousreply 283July 24, 2021 12:09 PM

How long has it been since you've been sprayed, r283?

by Anonymousreply 284July 24, 2021 12:12 PM

Straight dude here:

My pick Cheryl, then Tanya, then Shelly.

Farrah, too, I dunno. Just too something.

Jaclyn, too prissy.

Kate, too butch.

The other three, I want to smell. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM So hot!

by Anonymousreply 285July 24, 2021 12:23 PM

[Quote] Straight dude here

How did you find this place?

by Anonymousreply 286July 24, 2021 12:29 PM

R286 I don't know. It was a long time ago. I think it had something to do with politics. I stay away from threads that feature man ass or cock because there's nothing I can add. HOWEVER, threads like this, involving women, I add a penny for my thoughts.

by Anonymousreply 287July 24, 2021 12:33 PM

Sada Thompson was great in the TV series "Family" (with Kristy McNichol and Meredith Baxter Birney). "Family" and "Charlie's Angels" are both on Tubi (free).

by Anonymousreply 288July 24, 2021 12:35 PM

All of them were attractive, but I don't think any exuded sexiness.

by Anonymousreply 289July 24, 2021 12:39 PM

R282 who is Margo?

by Anonymousreply 290July 24, 2021 12:43 PM

Margo is us all.

by Anonymousreply 291July 24, 2021 1:19 PM

Sada Thompson being fired from Charlie’s Angels is one of Hollywood’s most notorious cautionary tales. You can’t just rewrite history, R283.

by Anonymousreply 292July 24, 2021 2:39 PM

UGH! Sada Thompson was the DOWDIEST mom on a '70s tv show! Christ! She belonged in the '50s!

by Anonymousreply 293July 24, 2021 2:43 PM

Sada!

by Anonymousreply 294July 24, 2021 2:45 PM

Sada was one of the best actresses in Hollywood, r293. A little RESPECT! Lord knows the show could have used some actual talent.

Thompson should have come forward with her #MeToo stories.

by Anonymousreply 295July 24, 2021 3:03 PM

June Cleaver type moms were on TV in the 1950s. Sada was too ugly to be on TV in any era.

by Anonymousreply 296July 24, 2021 3:10 PM

R296 What you said needs to be said!

Sorry to all the diehard Sada fans. Should've invested more time and energy in the Markie Post or Joanna Kerns fan clubs.

by Anonymousreply 297July 24, 2021 3:16 PM

Watching "Family" on Tubi, season 3. Season 3, episode 1 has two guest stars: Brooke Adams (from "Lace") and hot soap actor Robert S. Woods.

by Anonymousreply 298July 24, 2021 3:33 PM

Sada had a contract. She deserved to be allowed to show what she could do in a bikini.

Let the public decide.

by Anonymousreply 299July 24, 2021 3:41 PM

Sada would only consent to a bikini bottom paired with a denim shirt. Hers was an everyday, working woman sexuality.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300July 24, 2021 3:47 PM

Thanks for ruining the thread with your stupidity. YOU are why we can't have nice things.

by Anonymousreply 301July 24, 2021 4:04 PM

No. Murderous Julie Rogers is why we can't have nice things.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302July 24, 2021 4:07 PM

David Doyle in a Farrah wig.

by Anonymousreply 303July 24, 2021 4:24 PM

I’m surprised they never had David Doyle in drag in the five years the show was on the air.

by Anonymousreply 304July 24, 2021 4:27 PM

"I stay away from threads that feature man ass or cock..."

Why do I detect deceit?

by Anonymousreply 305July 24, 2021 7:37 PM

Tanya has such a supremely beautiful body in the r302 clip. Though she’s fully clothed, you can tell.

by Anonymousreply 306July 25, 2021 6:17 AM

Sada Thompson would love to sit on r283's face.

by Anonymousreply 307July 25, 2021 11:24 AM

Tanya's body was indeed bangin'. She didn't need the breast implants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308July 25, 2021 11:28 AM

I had a much hotter body than Tanya Roberts. It was still killer up till about 3 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 309July 25, 2021 12:28 PM

This thread isn't about you, hon.

by Anonymousreply 310July 25, 2021 12:31 PM

The other girl in the r308 pic probably arrived onset feeling pretty good about herself that day, then was like, “Oh…um, hi.”

by Anonymousreply 311July 25, 2021 5:59 PM

Roberts comes across as the most down to earth and realistic of the angels - she’d probably make the best real life friend out of all of them.

It’s interesting that while she’s beautiful and has a distinctive voice… there’s still something about her that doesn’t smoothly all snap together in a way that makes a true star. Maybe it’s that she doesn’t show some flight of imagination? Anyway, she has so many good components, but it all doesn’t quite work. Too bad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312July 25, 2021 6:39 PM

Was Tanya a drug addict her whole life?

by Anonymousreply 313July 25, 2021 7:06 PM

Was she, at all? I hadn’t heard that.

by Anonymousreply 314July 25, 2021 9:48 PM

She admitted that she and the husband were huge coke whores in the 1980s. And if you watch interviews with her from at least the last 15 years of her life, she was clearly under the influence (of booze, I suspect). I can't find many 1990s clips but I guess erotic thrillers didn't yield many TV interviews.

by Anonymousreply 315July 26, 2021 7:35 AM

Extremeties starred Susan Sarandon first as mentioned above. Then Karen Allen took over and then Farrah took the lead and made a huge splash with it. Broke her arm in the fight scenes so bad the play had to close.

Lorna Luft got into it because Liza's then husband was the producer.

Farrah was great in the play. Lorna not so much.

I was just a teen but remember her smile during the curtain call. The character never smiles in the play. Then at the curtain call it was the lovely pinup girl smiling at us that we all knew and liked.

by Anonymousreply 316July 26, 2021 8:00 AM

Shelley Hack is quite good in The King of Comedy. Always seemed strange that she got that part. All junk and fired from Charlie's Angels and then she's in a Scorsese film with Robert De Niro. (and then back to not much else of note.)

by Anonymousreply 317July 26, 2021 8:01 AM

Shelley looked sensational at the 1980 Oscars.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318July 26, 2021 8:24 AM

r317 She popped up in big projects all throughout the 80s, r317. Remember she was given a leading role in 2 separate prime time TV series during the decade. "Cutter to Houston" for CBS in 1983 and "Jack & Mike" in 1986 for ABC.

by Anonymousreply 319July 26, 2021 1:27 PM

Fuck! Shelley even starred in the first Troll film.

by Anonymousreply 320July 26, 2021 1:28 PM

[quote]r316 Farrah took the lead and made a huge splash with it. Broke her arm in the fight scenes so bad the play had to close. Lorna Luft got into it because Liza's then husband was the producer.

Was the onstage fight scene with Lorna Luft? And was she Farrah’s understudy?

I wonder.

by Anonymousreply 321July 26, 2021 3:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!