Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Valerie Bertinelli posts powerful response to troll who commented on her weight

Valerie Bertinelli has faced one internet troll too many.

The actress took to Instagram with a powerful response to a follower who commented on her weight. "If I could lose the weight and keep it off I would, but since I haven't been successful with that my whole entire life, at 61, I'm still dealing with it." "Where's the compassion?" she added. "Not f---ing helpful."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316December 26, 2021 1:27 PM

Haters gonna hate. A LOT. Genuine compassion is a rare commodity on social media.

by Anonymousreply 1July 10, 2021 8:23 AM

I guess learning to love one's self really is a lifelong process.

I thought Valerie finally reached a place of self-acceptance after all the memoirs and reflection she's done. It's sad that one comment from a stupid internet troll could trigger such an emotional reaction.

I hope Valerie finally manages to embrace herself for she is. I've always really liked her and she has so much more to offer than pounds on a scale. Unless one is morbidly obese, life is too short to be consumed by this.

by Anonymousreply 2July 10, 2021 8:47 AM

I am amazed at how many celebrities read the comments on their social media, and even more amazed how they still care what people think about them even after being in the public eye for decades.

by Anonymousreply 3July 10, 2021 8:59 AM

I feel sad that Valerie fucking Bertinelli still gets upset about what other people on twitter have to say about her.

I would think she'd have far better things to do with her time.

by Anonymousreply 4July 10, 2021 9:07 AM

Valerie is short. a couple pounds when you are 5'5' look like more

by Anonymousreply 5July 10, 2021 9:13 AM

I feel bad for Val but this did make me hopeful that I brought Kirstie Alley and Jenna Elfman to tears before they blocked me on Twitter

by Anonymousreply 6July 10, 2021 9:15 AM

r2 Hi Valerie ! You still FAT!

by Anonymousreply 7July 10, 2021 9:15 AM

Hey R7, if you didn't get beat up in the schoolyard, you should have been.

by Anonymousreply 8July 10, 2021 9:18 AM

R7 is posting from her sofa in a XXXL caftan and polishing off her third pint of Ben and Jerry’s.

by Anonymousreply 9July 10, 2021 9:20 AM

She probably feels bad about her son’s weight too

by Anonymousreply 10July 10, 2021 9:22 AM

R5 5’4” is average height for a woman so she is not short

by Anonymousreply 11July 10, 2021 9:24 AM

So it’s fine that she makes her public persona all about weight when she’s on Oprah and shilling Weight Watchers or Slim Fast or whatever the fuck she pushes. But when some random fan calls her out on it, she’s suddenly stunning and brave for her “powerful” response?

Jesus how I loathe American women.

by Anonymousreply 12July 10, 2021 10:31 AM

She's not some really nice, sweet person who got hurt by an internet comment, she's always been kind of mean and nasty. When I was a teenager I read tons of interviews from her that alternated between "I'm so young and awesome and normal, and Eddie and I are innocent babes who never go out or even drink" and "screw you, I'm a rock star wife, I'll kick your ass." She most certainly got mad, but I don't think she got HURT.

by Anonymousreply 13July 10, 2021 10:40 AM

Why is every celebrity responds on social media is deemed as "powerful" ?

by Anonymousreply 14July 10, 2021 11:10 AM

R12 makes a very good point

by Anonymousreply 15July 10, 2021 11:10 AM

Did she not learn after last year?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 10, 2021 11:12 AM

Vaguely Lovato-ish.

All I ever hear from her is her weight and late ex husband.

by Anonymousreply 17July 10, 2021 11:16 AM

It’s like every year she has a new goal to lose weight. This was from last year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 10, 2021 11:21 AM

r14, because the message comes from a celebrity who get attention for whatever they are saying? Just look at Stephen Dorff who got loads of attention for an off-hand remark about Black Widow's leading lady Scarlett Johannsen. On paper, Stephen Dorff is a has-been and yet his comment about an A-List actress and a high profile movie got attention.

by Anonymousreply 19July 10, 2021 11:35 AM

I watch her Food Network show and think she looks great. She’s a 61-year-old mom who loves to cook; what would be the point of torturing herself to be a size 4?

by Anonymousreply 20July 10, 2021 11:43 AM

I guess the peril of being a celebrity chef living in southern California that your weight always under scrutiny . Nobody care for Ina Garten or that Pioneer Woman weight.

by Anonymousreply 21July 10, 2021 3:35 PM

She's getting some truth coming back to her. Sheesh, why does she find it necessary to troll her Twitter account for negative comments she can't take.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22July 10, 2021 3:40 PM

you just have to eat like Jenny Craig (portion control) the rest of your fucking life.

I've lost 40 lbs on that program but once I go off it AND eat like a pig and stop working out (stress, life, work, family drama) it all comes back and then some.

by Anonymousreply 23July 10, 2021 3:40 PM

Doesn’t anyone think her face looks weird? Like a puffy shirt.

by Anonymousreply 24July 10, 2021 3:42 PM

R13 - I can confirm that. I met her on a photo shoot years ago (when she was young) and she was a total bitch. My brother was also good friend's with her younger brother and she was not nice at all.

But she was young then. I have to think that living with an extreme alcoholic like Eddie for decades also doesn't help.

Usually most "America's sweethearts" are nothing like that - Meg Ryan, Melissa Gilbert (she said she was America's sweetheart, not me), Shirley Temple, Mary Tyler Moore, Julia Roberts....

by Anonymousreply 25July 10, 2021 3:45 PM

R24, she's had some surgery and fillers and I suspect she'll eventually be claiming to be a victim of that, too.

It's hysterical that she now wants to evangelize against body shaming while being a catalyst for it for decades. She colors her hair, no doubt wears body-shapers, had had work done or, at least fillers. But when she's called out herself, she wants to be a brave and bold "woman who speaks her truth". Such bullshit. Cancel her.

by Anonymousreply 26July 10, 2021 3:45 PM

R22, that's a mean tweet from BodegaCat; who is she/he and of course she/he doesn't use her real name.

by Anonymousreply 27July 10, 2021 3:46 PM

R13, R25 - hey!!

Fat people have feelings too!

by Anonymousreply 28July 10, 2021 3:46 PM

Whatever work she's had done must have been minimal. Every woman in Hollywood should get her surgeon on speed dial, because she looks fantastic.

That pic at R18 could have been taken in the early 80's. She still has the same facial structure.

by Anonymousreply 29July 10, 2021 3:48 PM

R13 Valerie dabbled in drugs back in the 80's. Between that and dealing with Eddie's issues, she probably wasn't in the best frame of mind.

She did Letterman once and was very hostile and snarky with him. She was never invited back.

by Anonymousreply 30July 10, 2021 3:51 PM

I hate this desperate attention whore cunt. She’s fucking annoying and has tattletale vibes, you know the stupid little bitches in elementary school who told on everyone for brownie points.

by Anonymousreply 31July 10, 2021 3:52 PM

Have we heard from Mackenzie Phillips yet?

by Anonymousreply 32July 10, 2021 3:53 PM

Dammit, Barbara!

by Anonymousreply 33July 10, 2021 3:53 PM

Valerie could lose weight but doesn't want to. Until she admits that she won't lose the weight.

She was the Yoko Ono of Van Halen.

by Anonymousreply 34July 10, 2021 3:54 PM

BREAKING: ‘Valerie Bertinelli’s entire identity is wrapped up in her weight and she is constantly craving attention so she uses her so called weight struggles to squeeze attention from her ever dwindling fan base’

by Anonymousreply 35July 10, 2021 3:55 PM

If Valerie falls apart over comments on her Instagram feed imagine her reaction to Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 36July 10, 2021 3:57 PM

MacKenzie is one of the celebrities posting in her comments along with Melissa Peterman, Faith Ford and the Pioneer Woman.

by Anonymousreply 37July 10, 2021 3:58 PM

Maybe fat ass should address her need for constant validation rather than her need for creamy Velveeta.

by Anonymousreply 38July 10, 2021 3:59 PM

One Day At a Time

…….is how long it takes this fat bitch to get her cottage cheese thighs into a XXXL bathing suit.

……..is how long it takes a costumer to measure this sow’s waist.

………is how long it takes her husband to find her stretched out cooch underneath all those jelly rolls hanging over her belt

by Anonymousreply 39July 10, 2021 4:00 PM

Nobody has any business telling a stranger to loose weight, especially anonymously. There's major damage there. Some need to be cruel to feel better about themselves

by Anonymousreply 40July 10, 2021 4:06 PM

R40 she’s a celebrity, tough shit. If she doesn’t want the publicity on that scale then she should work at McDonald’s

by Anonymousreply 41July 10, 2021 4:08 PM

Well Val, sweetie, you are a bit chunky. Why so defensive doll face?

by Anonymousreply 42July 10, 2021 4:11 PM

Her skin is AMAZING at 61 ! Not loving the hair though,she should stick to brunette . I imagine she is like the rest of us and can usually shrug off someone elses bitchy comments,but every now and then it just hits you the wrong way and you react. Ive seen interviews where shes admitted she could be a real bitch at times ,especially during her marriage when drugs and the whole rock star life thing was going on. Shes always came off to me as flawed but warm and relatable. I love her,and it was a crime when they cancelled Hot In Cleveland.

by Anonymousreply 43July 10, 2021 4:19 PM

[quote] She's not some really nice, sweet person who got hurt by an internet comment, she's always been kind of mean and nasty. When I was a teenager I read tons of interviews from her that alternated between "I'm so young and awesome and normal, and Eddie and I are innocent babes who never go out or even drink" and "screw you, I'm a rock star wife, I'll kick your ass." She most certainly got mad, but I don't think she got HURT.

She never got called out on it because more people were focused on Mackenzie Phillips' self-destructive habits.

by Anonymousreply 44July 10, 2021 4:24 PM

Doesn't she have a book coming out? Is that the reason for the drama, to stir up interest?

Certainly this isn't the first time someone has commented on her weight given the business she is in.

by Anonymousreply 45July 10, 2021 4:24 PM

^^^adding she also has a new tv show with Demi Lovato coming out....

by Anonymousreply 46July 10, 2021 4:25 PM

Which one?

by Anonymousreply 47July 10, 2021 4:26 PM

Can someone please make this cunt go away from the public eye? I’ve never seen a celebrity of such low ranking in the public domain this much for this long. GO AWAY CUNT!

by Anonymousreply 48July 10, 2021 4:27 PM

Every antisocial asshole in the world is now prowling social media looking for victims. They spare nobody. Unless you're forced by your career to be on social media, it's really unwise to be there.

by Anonymousreply 49July 10, 2021 4:28 PM

Geez, R48, you talk about her like she was Bonnie Franklin or something!

by Anonymousreply 50July 10, 2021 4:28 PM

Old age ain't for sissies.

by Anonymousreply 51July 10, 2021 4:37 PM

R34, Valerie was not the Yoko Ono of Van Halen. Her husband appears to have some kind of disorder (maybe social anxiety disorder, and the alcoholism made it worse), and he alienated every member of his band except for his brother. He drove two lead singers to quit. David Lee Roth appears to have been a megalomaniac, so no one blamed him for that. Sammy Hagar seems to be an easy-going guy, so it was a little surprising when he left too. What turned the fans against Eddie was when he fired lifelong bass player Michael Anthony (another easy-going guy). Eddie replaced Anthony with Eddie's son Wolfgang. In merchandising for a tour, they even manipulated a classic album cover to replace Anthony's face with Wolfgang's. David Lee Roth, Sammy Hagar, and Valerie Bertinelli have all published autobiographies that describe their relationship with Eddie Van Halen.

by Anonymousreply 52July 10, 2021 4:39 PM

R37 Melissa Peterman put on weight again too, but we all liked Barbra Jean better with some meat on her bones.

by Anonymousreply 53July 10, 2021 4:48 PM

Even Val sings better than Yoko:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54July 10, 2021 4:48 PM

Social media (and news websites' comments areas) bring out the worst in people. In middle school and high school, I was bullied daily because of my face. (I'm a female.) At least when I got home, I knew I was safe. I can't imagine being young and posting something and having people say nasty personal things to me in front of the entire world.

Society has always been terrible to women who are unattractive. I learned this when I was 11. Valerie's only learning this now. Before, she enjoyed the flip side of the coin. It was fine that older/unattractive women were disposable...until she became one. (Really, she's still attractive. She has cute, symmetrical, proportionate facial features. However, in America, "old" = "ugly".)

I think that some of Valerie's statement is rooted in sympathy for Wolfgang. He's pursuing a career in music, and he will benefit from nepotism. But he has put in the time practicing, and he's quite talented. Since he was a teen, he's struggled with his weight, and he's regularly attacked for his weight on social media, no matter how good his music is. Of course, since he's a straight man with money and fame, being fat won't be a roadblock to having a partner.

by Anonymousreply 55July 10, 2021 4:50 PM

Is that photo of her really her? She looks unrecognizable, like a gnome or a troll or something. And the blonde hair does not become her.

by Anonymousreply 56July 10, 2021 4:54 PM

[quote]She’s a 61-year-old mom who loves to cook; what would be the point of torturing herself to be a size 4?

The same size Anne's Devil wears Prada character claimed to be? Gurl, there ain't enough Hollywood magic to pull that off.

by Anonymousreply 57July 10, 2021 5:01 PM

Oh come on! The show's not filmed in CinemaScope!

by Anonymousreply 58July 10, 2021 5:02 PM

Her resemblance to Eddie always kind of creeped me out.

by Anonymousreply 59July 10, 2021 6:32 PM

At least she didn't spread COVID after aborting out-of-wedlock babies like the supremely untalented and self-important Alyssa Milano.

by Anonymousreply 60July 10, 2021 6:34 PM

R59, I was just thinking how much she looks like Eddie in her crying video.

by Anonymousreply 61July 10, 2021 6:37 PM

The video will generate a lot of hits and publicity. Mission accomplished.

by Anonymousreply 62July 10, 2021 6:43 PM

Wolfe is morbidly obese she should save the tears for him

by Anonymousreply 63July 10, 2021 6:44 PM

I'll bet some Detroit-area DataLoungers didn't know that Valerie and her family lived in Clarkston near Pine Knob just a year before she was starring on One Day at a Time

by Anonymousreply 64July 10, 2021 6:46 PM

She ripped into him like Ricky Schroder at Costco.

by Anonymousreply 65July 10, 2021 6:46 PM

At 61, she looks quite young. Her skin and hair are beautiful. She looks great. Most people put on weight as we age...our body changes. I don't eat as much as I used to, but I could lose 20 to 30 pounds. Not happy about it. I used to have a pretty good body.

by Anonymousreply 66July 10, 2021 6:47 PM

[quote]I am amazed at how many celebrities read the comments on their social media, and even more amazed how they still care what people think about them even after being in the public eye for decades.

Most celebrities have VERY low self-esteem. Most of them would not survive in the real world.

by Anonymousreply 67July 10, 2021 6:48 PM

Relevant again!

by Anonymousreply 68July 10, 2021 6:48 PM

Val types fat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69July 10, 2021 6:50 PM

Funny how her response ignores the "potions and snake oil" allegation...

by Anonymousreply 70July 10, 2021 6:53 PM

I don’t know about her weight, but she looks hideous in that pic at OP.

by Anonymousreply 71July 10, 2021 6:55 PM

[quote]MacKenzie is one of the celebrities posting in her comments along with Melissa Peterman, Faith Ford and the Pioneer Woman.

She is good friends with Melissa and Faith and has had them on her show.

by Anonymousreply 72July 10, 2021 6:56 PM

Her current husband used to be on her show frequently--or she would at least mention him. Not so much lately. Is there trouble there?

by Anonymousreply 73July 10, 2021 6:57 PM

[quote] Sorry Valerie Bertinelli @Wolfiesmom - you spent decades telling the rest of us to get thin, shilled weight loss shakes, potions & snake oil & NOW wanna be a body shaming warrior? You don’t get to be a victim when you helped create the problem. Grow up if you can’t take the heat

Bertinelli is an actress. She took a job selling Jenny Craig. Celebs sell products. She also used the products and lost weight. She didn’t “shame” anyone, nor did she help “create the problem.” Weight loss products exist for those who want them. If you feel shamed by their existence or somehiw believe that they are the same thing as malicious internet trolls. You are the one who needs to grow up.

by Anonymousreply 74July 10, 2021 6:58 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75July 10, 2021 6:58 PM

She needs to eat less and exercise more.

by Anonymousreply 76July 10, 2021 7:00 PM

I wish she would have showed her whole body so I could see how fat we’re talking about here.

by Anonymousreply 77July 10, 2021 7:02 PM

She’s always been beautiful. Look at Pierce Brosnan’s wife. Put on a tremendous amount of weight but still gorgeous plus she gets fucked by a movie star.

by Anonymousreply 78July 10, 2021 7:02 PM

Bodegacat is a DLer?

by Anonymousreply 79July 10, 2021 7:09 PM

Should have filmed in landscape, fat cow.

by Anonymousreply 80July 10, 2021 7:11 PM

Her book will be out in January.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81July 10, 2021 7:12 PM

R25-and-

ELLEN DEGENERATE

by Anonymousreply 82July 10, 2021 7:17 PM

R81 great title, it’s perfect! “Enough Already” is exactly what people immediately think when Valerie Bertinelli comes up in the news.

by Anonymousreply 83July 10, 2021 7:17 PM

After her tweet as shown in r75’s post, I guess Jenny Craig won’t be asking her back.

by Anonymousreply 84July 10, 2021 7:20 PM

[quote]Look at Pierce Brosnan’s wife. Put on a tremendous amount of weight but still gorgeous

Umm, no.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85July 10, 2021 7:24 PM

KSS is a whale.

She could lose a few and still be able to gorge herself on the regular. It takes a LOT of calories to maintain a body that big.

by Anonymousreply 86July 10, 2021 7:25 PM

hell, i might titty fuck her!

look at those knockers!

by Anonymousreply 87July 10, 2021 7:26 PM

Come stand next to me Val. I’ll make you look like Twiggy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88July 10, 2021 7:30 PM

She needs to say Enough Already at the dinner table and the dessert tray.

by Anonymousreply 89July 10, 2021 8:00 PM

I can relate, Ann. My Christina knew where to find the booze and the boys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90July 10, 2021 8:00 PM

dessert cart

by Anonymousreply 91July 10, 2021 8:01 PM

She’s so skinny.

by Anonymousreply 92July 10, 2021 8:02 PM

That clip was too short. I was expecting another epic Ann Romano slapdown.

by Anonymousreply 93July 10, 2021 8:03 PM

Those girls are too sassy!

by Anonymousreply 94July 10, 2021 8:05 PM

My heart goes out to her...we should all be more kind to each other.

Yes, I know this isn't the site for those thoughts but I proudly have them.

by Anonymousreply 95July 10, 2021 8:07 PM

R13 I read her memoir along time ago and was surprised at how sort of angry she seemed.

by Anonymousreply 96July 10, 2021 8:10 PM

r95, are you a big ol’ fat girl too?

by Anonymousreply 97July 10, 2021 8:11 PM

[quote] [R13] Valerie dabbled in drugs back in the 80's. Between that and dealing with Eddie's issues, she probably wasn't in the best frame of mind.

IMO, more than "dabbled." It was the '80s, i.e., cocaine was everywhere. She was married to Eddie Van Halen, who had access to everything. She was very skinny back then. There was a chubby person lurking beneath that.

by Anonymousreply 98July 10, 2021 8:11 PM

R69, that’s not our Bodega Cat is it?

by Anonymousreply 99July 10, 2021 8:14 PM

She needs to hook up with Sommer's hormone therapy.

by Anonymousreply 100July 10, 2021 8:14 PM

[quote] Her skin is AMAZING at 61 !

If you're talking about the video that OP posted, that is a heavily-filtered video. She is not made up and dressed up like she normally is. However, her hair is done (cut and colored). There is also something called "no makeup makeup." (Foundation on face skin.)

by Anonymousreply 101July 10, 2021 8:14 PM

duh, r99.

by Anonymousreply 102July 10, 2021 8:15 PM

I wish I had more W/Ws to give to r4.

by Anonymousreply 103July 10, 2021 8:20 PM

[quote] Bertinelli is an actress. She took a job selling Jenny Craig. Celebs sell products. She also used the products and lost weight. She didn’t “shame” anyone, nor did she help “create the problem.”

This is called "shilling." IMO, celebrities use whatever products they can afford. I.e., she wasn't reaching into her freezer at every meal, pulling out a Jenny Craig product.

Definitions of shill (American Heritage):

[quote] 1. One who poses as a satisfied customer or an enthusiastic gambler to dupe bystanders into participating in a swindle.

[quote] 2. One who publicly promotes another's cause, especially in an extravagant or misleading way.

by Anonymousreply 104July 10, 2021 8:22 PM

Didn't Whoopi Goldberg also shill for some weight loss product? It was ridiculous; did they think people would run right out and buy their product so they could look as good as...Whoopi Goldberg?

by Anonymousreply 105July 10, 2021 8:58 PM

Whoopi shilled for Slim Fast. I’d link to one of her commercials but this is funnier.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106July 10, 2021 9:17 PM

Dammit, R50, that was funny

by Anonymousreply 107July 10, 2021 9:19 PM

BodegaCat really hit a nerve. Val posted the tweet on her Instagram stories.

by Anonymousreply 108July 10, 2021 10:35 PM

Valerie should stop bitching about her weight, visit Dr Now in Texas, go on a 1,200 calorie diet and get half her stomach removed.

by Anonymousreply 109July 10, 2021 10:50 PM

She look fat

by Anonymousreply 110July 10, 2021 11:01 PM

Her face looks like marshmallow

by Anonymousreply 111July 10, 2021 11:08 PM

R110 and R111, you’re not charged by the letters or words here. Write using proper grammar and in complete sentences.

by Anonymousreply 112July 10, 2021 11:17 PM

She has Dementia Face in OPs picture

by Anonymousreply 113July 10, 2021 11:38 PM

That hair color looks horrible on her. Women often bleach their hair to blend in the grays, but it really washes her out.

by Anonymousreply 114July 10, 2021 11:47 PM

[quote]I feel sad that Valerie fucking Bertinelli still gets upset about what other people on twitter have to say about her. I would think she'd have far better things to do with her time.

I bet if she used the word 'faggot', you (and the rest of Datalounge) would get upset about what one person on twitter has to say about you, lacking anything better to do with your time.

by Anonymousreply 115July 10, 2021 11:52 PM

5'4" is not average height in the US unless you're asian. 5 '4" is SHORT.

by Anonymousreply 116July 10, 2021 11:56 PM

[quote] According to a 2018 report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the average height among all American women, age 20 and up, is 5 foot 4 inches tall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117July 11, 2021 12:10 AM

She has so much going for her but she seems so sad over an unhelpful comment by a stranger which didn't seem to warrant such a dramatic response. Cynical me wonders if this is all for publicity for her new show and book. At least she is not as sensitive as the yogurt person who is going to play her daughter.

by Anonymousreply 118July 11, 2021 12:20 AM

I don't think she should be bullied, but I also don't think celebrities who know they have this yo-yo weight problem should being doing paid endorsements for weight loss systems.

by Anonymousreply 119July 11, 2021 12:21 AM

Her whole livelihood, now, is about weight and food.

Yes, she probably did run her video (at OP) past her publisher's PR department. She's now trying to sell her book.

by Anonymousreply 120July 11, 2021 12:23 AM

She is going to ignore the potions and lotions comment because she will end up being a spokes person for some new weight loss thing.

by Anonymousreply 121July 11, 2021 12:32 AM

r116

[quote]According to a 2018 report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the average height among all American women, age 20 and up, is 5 foot 4 inches tall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122July 11, 2021 12:33 AM

R75 So her feelings were hurt by reading the comments the other day, and what does she do? Keeps reading the comments and replying to them!🙄

by Anonymousreply 123July 11, 2021 12:36 AM

r116 are you Dutch? I am and we are the tallest people in the world. But 5'4" is average height for women.

by Anonymousreply 124July 11, 2021 12:38 AM

Well, I may be skinny, but she'll always be able to say she had Chris Noth first.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125July 11, 2021 12:38 AM

How many books can one write about their weight struggles and supposedly accepting yourself?🙄

by Anonymousreply 126July 11, 2021 12:39 AM

I loved her as Barbara on One Day At A Time but she lost me after that. I think she was still in love with Eddie.

by Anonymousreply 127July 11, 2021 12:39 AM

Joan of Arc whined less at the stake.

by Anonymousreply 128July 11, 2021 12:40 AM

Bodega Cat is really coming for her. :(

by Anonymousreply 129July 11, 2021 12:47 AM

Her husband is attractive. We never hear about him from her anymore.

by Anonymousreply 130July 11, 2021 12:49 AM

Well, I may be skinny, but she'll always be able to say she had Chris Meloni first.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131July 11, 2021 12:50 AM

R122 speaking of statistics, 78% of the US population dies within three months of their birthday.

by Anonymousreply 132July 11, 2021 12:52 AM

Twitter’s Bodega Cat really doesn’t like John Cena either. Are we sure this is DL’s bodega-cat?

by Anonymousreply 133July 11, 2021 12:55 AM

She even had tRump in a cameo in 'I'll Take Manhattan'

by Anonymousreply 134July 11, 2021 12:56 AM

[quote]I watch her Food Network show and think she looks great. She’s a 61-year-old mom who loves to cook; what would be the point of torturing herself to be a size 4?

Yeah at 61 Im surprised she even gives a fuck. She looks like most 61 year old American women.

[quote]Is that photo of her really her? She looks unrecognizable, like a gnome or a troll or something. And the blonde hair does not become her.

I applaud her to doing this extreme close-up with zero makeup on too. She would look totally different with full makeup and lashes like we normally see her.

by Anonymousreply 135July 11, 2021 1:01 AM

She should read the cruel Chrissy Metz comments on DL. She doesn't know how good she has it.

by Anonymousreply 136July 11, 2021 1:03 AM

Maybe she's angling for a seat on The View

by Anonymousreply 137July 11, 2021 1:05 AM

R22...you unknowingly may have just linked one of the most useful pieces of info I've been trying to locate. Thank you!

by Anonymousreply 138July 11, 2021 1:10 AM

lol r137 agree. This could also be part of her next weight loss campaign. The sister has it down to a science, make food shows for a check and gain weight, ink another weight loss deal for check and lose weight. Wash rinse repeat, it's a living!

by Anonymousreply 139July 11, 2021 1:17 AM

Where is the Darfur orphan when you need him?

by Anonymousreply 140July 11, 2021 1:27 AM

I did it first!

by Anonymousreply 141July 11, 2021 1:28 AM

[quote] I applaud her to doing this extreme close-up with zero makeup on too. She would look totally different with full makeup and lashes like we normally see her.

OMG, that is heavily filtered. Hence, the marshmallow appearance.

by Anonymousreply 142July 11, 2021 1:31 AM

Has Oprah commented? Oprah basically does the same thing (yo-yo diets, shilling) but has other sources of income.

by Anonymousreply 143July 11, 2021 1:31 AM

The new WW likes to hire spokes people who don't lose weight so that would be an easy gig for her

by Anonymousreply 144July 11, 2021 1:34 AM

Val is an outspoken liberal. The View is chock full of them.

by Anonymousreply 145July 11, 2021 1:35 AM

r143 Oprah stopped giving a shit a very long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 146July 11, 2021 1:35 AM

She looks Downs

by Anonymousreply 147July 11, 2021 1:42 AM

🐺 Wolfie is a fierce protector of his mother.

by Anonymousreply 148July 11, 2021 1:58 AM

[quote] Twitter’s Bodega Cat really doesn’t like John Cena either. Are we sure this is DL’s bodega-cat?

Oh, it's definitely Bodega Cat from here. And regardless of your Twitter account settings, you can be located. Ask a recent Engineering grad.

Isn't that right, Defarto?

by Anonymousreply 149July 11, 2021 2:00 AM

Own it, Val. Be the next Shelley Winters.

by Anonymousreply 150July 11, 2021 2:02 AM

Wolfie is on the way to morbid obesity

by Anonymousreply 151July 11, 2021 2:03 AM

This world is all kinds of fucked up right now, Val is just dealing with the uncertainty of the Connor/Miles situation as are the rest of us...cut the gal some slack.

by Anonymousreply 152July 11, 2021 2:18 AM

[quote]Own it, Val. Be the next Shelley Winters.

Oy gevalt! She should live so long.

by Anonymousreply 153July 11, 2021 2:19 AM

She looks terrible in OP's photo.

by Anonymousreply 154July 11, 2021 2:26 AM

What happened to her face?? omg

by Anonymousreply 155July 11, 2021 2:28 AM

On the way R151? He reached lardass town years ago!

by Anonymousreply 156July 11, 2021 2:34 AM

Let's face it, this "troll" struck a nerve because VB knows she is a fatty who will always have to deal with her weight, and she's basically acknowledging that she's a failure at weight loss and that she's basically going to be a fat ass for the rest of her life or the majority of her life because it's always a struggle for her.

I'm fat myself so I know I get upset when someone says I'm fat. But the reality is I AM fat and they're not telling any lies.

by Anonymousreply 157July 11, 2021 2:40 AM

Wonder if her marriage is on the rocks? Her husband does seem very patient though.

by Anonymousreply 158July 11, 2021 2:41 AM

R157 = Glenn Scarpelli

by Anonymousreply 159July 11, 2021 2:44 AM

Stay Puffed!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160July 11, 2021 3:09 AM

I thought fat people were supposed to be jolly.

by Anonymousreply 161July 11, 2021 3:12 AM

If someone bluntly tells you you're too stout...don't you pout...

by Anonymousreply 162July 11, 2021 3:14 AM

She ugly!

by Anonymousreply 163July 11, 2021 3:14 AM

Valerie BertandErnie

by Anonymousreply 164July 11, 2021 3:17 AM

Faith Ford and Val may be friends but she comments on literally every celebrity’s IG page. I even know her handle by heart - insta faith Ford - because I see it so damn much.

by Anonymousreply 165July 11, 2021 4:51 AM

Has Stuart Margolin commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 166July 11, 2021 5:04 AM

But "not telling any lies," r157, isn't really the point. It is the mentioning at all.

Why do it? Obviously in hopes of paining another, for the object of the "truth" is not oblivious to it.

The only response, other than the preferable non-response, is "So?"

by Anonymousreply 167July 11, 2021 6:57 AM

Why does she look Filipino in that thumbnail?

by Anonymousreply 168July 11, 2021 7:07 AM

R168, 'cause she ugly!

by Anonymousreply 169July 11, 2021 7:09 AM

She has the face of a monkey. Cute... but a monkey.

by Anonymousreply 170July 11, 2021 7:10 AM

Paging Doctor Zaius!

by Anonymousreply 171July 11, 2021 7:17 AM

R162 have a ball…forget it all…

by Anonymousreply 172July 11, 2021 7:18 AM

What I find curious is that she's addressing this now. She's been this plump or plumper before and I'm sure this isn't the first time she's been trolled or insulted on SM. Something else has to be going on and I don't think it has to do with a book release that's six months away. Her husband's absence from the show and Valerie not referring to him are suggestive of what's really going on.

by Anonymousreply 173July 11, 2021 7:19 AM

What’s going on is, fat is IN. In a grotesque way, Val is jumping on that bandwagon.

by Anonymousreply 174July 11, 2021 7:22 AM

What would Bonnie Franklin say about today's Valerie??!

by Anonymousreply 175July 11, 2021 7:36 AM

The thing is it’s not this one comment - agents and producers have been giving her a hard time about her weight since she was 15/16. When you’re sensitive and so insecure about something from such a young age, it never really goes away.

by Anonymousreply 176July 11, 2021 7:41 AM

She should hang out with Lizzo awhile to cheer up

by Anonymousreply 177July 11, 2021 9:23 AM

R173 I noticed that her video seemed to be taken on her bed and it was just her and her cat.

by Anonymousreply 178July 11, 2021 10:10 AM

Has anyone tried her recipes? Are they good or shitty?

by Anonymousreply 179July 11, 2021 10:12 AM

Has she (and her son) got some medical condition that makes them put on weight?

If not, I'll save my "compassion" for people with real problems like cancer not people who just can't stop eating.

by Anonymousreply 180July 11, 2021 10:33 AM

Does she even exercise anymore?

by Anonymousreply 181July 11, 2021 10:57 AM

R180 - menopause.

by Anonymousreply 182July 11, 2021 11:13 AM

5'4" is not average height of ethnic European American females. Latin and Asian immigrant Americans have skewed down the numbers generally over the last two decades. She's short.

Even in Italy the average height of women is 5'5"+. Bitch is short.

by Anonymousreply 183July 11, 2021 12:13 PM

another example of how social media is destroying us. I have no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 184July 11, 2021 12:24 PM

She's had her brothers and her mother on her show in past years, and none of them is overweight.

by Anonymousreply 185July 11, 2021 12:47 PM

Oof. OP's pic should come with a warning.

by Anonymousreply 186July 11, 2021 12:52 PM

People who post on her SM just to tell her she's fat are assholes.

That said, when you publicize your eating habits, your diets, weight loss, etc, you open yourself up far more to that criticism than if you keep your own counsel. As somebody above noted, nobody is chasing Ina Garten around screaming that she's fat. Because 1) duh, and 2) Ina Garten never claimed to be educating or inspiring us about how to be thin.

by Anonymousreply 187July 11, 2021 1:56 PM

R187 Ina knows that life is too short and you should use "the good butter."

by Anonymousreply 188July 11, 2021 2:02 PM

Her psycho fans are skewering that Bodegacat Twitter person but why? She launched some tirade against someone who said something about her weight, and was all about being a victim and struggling, etc. etc. etc. So, that BodegaCat twitard seemed to call her out on the hypocrisy and she's clueless to it. The idiotic women on Twitter who worship and adore people like her are almost sad in their delusion that they're actually victims of hers, not fans.

by Anonymousreply 189July 11, 2021 4:12 PM

R189 "The idiotic women on Twitter who worship and adore people like her are almost sad in their delusion that they're actually victims of hers, not fans." I agree, but I would say replace "victims" with "friends." The fans who think they know celebrities intimately because of social media are delusional. I think they also fantasize about their objects of desire publicly recognizing them for defending them and fantasize about them breaking the 4th wall and becoming legit friends with them.

by Anonymousreply 190July 11, 2021 4:21 PM

Fat Cow

by Anonymousreply 191July 11, 2021 4:30 PM

On the flip side, why do people feel compelled to join someone's twitter page just to call them fat?

People have nothing better to do?

by Anonymousreply 192July 11, 2021 4:34 PM

And BodegaCat is your typical Twitter coward, hiding behind a fake name because he/she would never have the guts to say that if he/she saw her in person.

I don't even know what argument it was trying to make anyway. Because she tried WeightWatchers that renders her irrelevant to talk about being called fat? These twitter fools have nothing better to do with their time that start shit with other people?

by Anonymousreply 193July 11, 2021 4:37 PM

She deserves as much weight shaming as people want to dish out. Only a few years ago she's on the Jenny Craig payroll lying about how she's found the "weight loss key" and saying how "easy "it is. Heck, she even wrote a book about it and made a bundle off that shtick. She was encouraging millions of others to go down the same path as her with no doubt similar results. Why these spokespeople don't get called out more for their blatant bullshit is beyond me. No different from snakeoil salesman of early times.

by Anonymousreply 194July 12, 2021 3:35 AM

At least she's better than Chrissy Teigen.

Hopefully my post didn't summon that beast like Candyman....

by Anonymousreply 195July 12, 2021 3:48 AM

Bodega Cat is a real pussy. 🐱

But he does have a point about her being a huckster.

by Anonymousreply 196July 12, 2021 3:51 AM

Poor Val

by Anonymousreply 197July 12, 2021 6:47 PM

And of course this was discussed on The View today.

Not surprising that no one took the side of Val’s critics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198July 12, 2021 7:41 PM

R198 Same tired predictable responses.

by Anonymousreply 199July 12, 2021 7:43 PM

This tweet should cheer Val up.

“Jesus loves you Valerie Bertinelli. God bless you.”

🙄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200July 12, 2021 7:47 PM

R199 I think Joy made some interesting non/clichéd points (as she is usually the only one to do so).

You don’t have to be “going thru something” to gain weight. As she said.

by Anonymousreply 201July 12, 2021 9:01 PM

I met her a while back right around the time her first book came out. She was unpretentious, very down to earth and startlingly candid about growing up in Hollywood, her marriage to and divorce from Eddie, perils of childhood fame, etc. She was with her then fiance (now husband) who clearly adored her. At the time, there was tons of press about the hijinks of Lohan, Paris Hilton, Britney, etc. She said as someone who grew up in Hollywood, everyone knows if you don't want to get photographed, then you don't go to the places where you KNOW you'll be photographed. She said Lohan, Hilton and Britney knew what they were doing and clearly wanted to get photographed. I liked her. And by the way, she had the most beautiful skin.

by Anonymousreply 202July 12, 2021 9:13 PM

She's turning into a fat little Italian Grandma as nature dictates and she will be adorable. Let her be.

by Anonymousreply 203July 13, 2021 12:42 AM

She was never the drop dead sexy type. She has always been the cute girl next door and she still is cute even though older with a few more pounds.

by Anonymousreply 204July 13, 2021 12:47 AM

She was never the sex symbol on the show. MacKenzie was the wild child, fast one and Bonnie was the sexy, matronly woman whom guys lusted after. Guys had her picture on their lockers. Whereas with Valerie it was more after she started dated Eddie Van Halen.

by Anonymousreply 205July 13, 2021 1:49 AM

Guys lusted after Bonnie?

by Anonymousreply 206July 13, 2021 2:21 AM

Guys had a photo of BONNIE FRANKLIN in their lockers? LMAO! What guys and in what lockers? Are you talking about teen boys?! Puh-leez!

by Anonymousreply 207July 13, 2021 2:21 AM

R205 they tried very veryyy hard to make her one once she got the Farrah cut and started wearing tight jeans. She was never more than cute/pretty like you said. I’ve seen people on here say she was GORGEOUS back then - and while I definitely get the appeal...I’m like, huh?

That haircut for whatever reason was the most flattering on her, however. She’s never looked as good before or since.

And she is showing some self-awareness here (with her responses) despite what people here are saying. I’ll absolutely credit her for that.

by Anonymousreply 208July 13, 2021 2:30 AM

5'4" is average? I'm 5'9" I'm like an Amazon, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 209July 13, 2021 2:44 AM

[quote]She's turning into a fat little Italian Grandma as nature dictates and she will be adorable. Let her be.

This Italian will never let that happen!

by Anonymousreply 210July 13, 2021 3:02 AM

Why isn't "Hot in Cleveland" streaming on Netflix/HBO Max/Hulu? It's literally the funniest sitcom in the past 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 211July 13, 2021 3:08 AM

Valerie Bertinelli and Rachel Ray always seemed similar in looks to me. Both of Italian descent. Both short in stature, long hair and pleasant round faces and smiles. Both have gone to fat. Both were not fat when young. Wonder if Valerie can cook as well as Rachel?

by Anonymousreply 212July 13, 2021 3:16 AM

R212 and Linda Ronstadt. But I don’t think she’s Italian.

by Anonymousreply 213July 13, 2021 3:23 AM

R30 Back in the day she was a heavy coke user because, as she told Noel Monk's fiance when she was caught snorting it "Ed likes me skinny".

TBH, the extra weight (with some well done fillers, I'm sure) keeps her face looking young. I think she looks pretty good for 61; about 10 years younger. She needs to embrace her older self and body and realize being super thin at 61 is not a good look. Plus, you know the old saying...never trust a skinny chef.

by Anonymousreply 214July 13, 2021 3:35 AM

It sure must suck if you had the world at your feet, were thin, beautiful and married to a rock God and now you have to work at it... or can't lose the weight. (Not being facetious). Maybe she always had to work at it if she had to rely on coke even back then. But she was a gorgeous girl and has had quite a bit of time in the sun. She's got a fun Food Network show and was great on Hot in Cleveland. She's still cute.

Valerie, hon the first rule of celebrity social media: DON'T EVER READ THE COMMENTS!

by Anonymousreply 215July 13, 2021 3:44 AM

She got heavier as One Day At A Time went on so she has struggled with it awhile

by Anonymousreply 216July 13, 2021 3:51 AM

Don't feed the troll.

by Anonymousreply 217July 13, 2021 3:57 AM

I wish I had her problem.

by Anonymousreply 218July 13, 2021 4:03 AM

So a datalounger bullied Valerie Bertinelli? Sounds about right.

by Anonymousreply 219July 13, 2021 4:07 AM

Valerie has joined the cast of Demi Lovato's new TV comedy HUNGRY on NBC about eating disorders.

by Anonymousreply 220July 13, 2021 4:21 AM

I just don't understand why no one says "Well, just go back on Jenny Craig you fat bitch!"

by Anonymousreply 221July 13, 2021 11:20 AM

A comedy about eating disorders? Demi Lovato and comedy do not go together.

by Anonymousreply 222July 13, 2021 12:37 PM

Well, Val’s book is now a #1 bestseller on Amazon due to preorders.

I hope they can catch the first print so she thank her fat shamers in the acknowledgments.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223July 16, 2021 12:33 AM

She looks great on the cover. I wonder if this new book will cover Eddie's death.

by Anonymousreply 224July 16, 2021 12:35 AM

[quote] Bonnie was the sexy, matronly woman whom guys lusted after. Guys had her picture on their lockers.

I don’t remember this happening.

by Anonymousreply 225July 16, 2021 12:42 AM

She should move to Cleveland

by Anonymousreply 226July 16, 2021 12:48 AM

Cocaine works wonders, honey.

by Anonymousreply 227July 16, 2021 12:51 AM

That is so...heavy.

by Anonymousreply 228July 16, 2021 12:55 AM

Heavy, Heavy You got so heavy baby Heavy, Heavy You got so heavy on me

by Anonymousreply 229July 16, 2021 1:01 AM

Of all people to cunt off to, someone had to say that to Valerie Bertinelli? I hope that asshole stubs their toe. HARD.

by Anonymousreply 230July 16, 2021 1:28 AM

She planned this well.

by Anonymousreply 231July 16, 2021 2:53 AM

So brave.

So fat.

by Anonymousreply 232July 16, 2021 3:14 AM

[quote] Wonder if Valerie can cook as well as Rachel?

Valerie's recipes are, on the whole, much more "upscale" than Rachael's. Rachael is more about convenience and simplicity; Valerie is not afraid to go more into less familiar territory.

by Anonymousreply 233July 16, 2021 3:14 AM

I would rather eat Rachel Rae, The Pioneer Woman, and Paula Deen's food. I am not going by their personalities, their food to me just looks good (and fattening so I couldn't eat it all the time)

by Anonymousreply 234July 16, 2021 3:22 AM

She's been getting the bad luck ever since that made-for-TV movie she did in '78 about teen sex. She sang a bad rendition of a Carole King song, and got overshadowed by Timothy Hutton's skinny lovable ass. He won everybody over with his big blue eyes and wholesome demeanor, and her character ended up looking like a whiny little trollop who got high behind the gym and just wanted to bang in the backseat.

If anyone's made for TV, it's Valerie Bertinelli. The poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 235July 16, 2021 3:32 AM

Buck would never do that

by Anonymousreply 236July 16, 2021 3:34 AM

R235 I've been wanting to see that Hutton/Bertinelli TV movie. It looks cheesy as f*ck, but fun in a 70s way. Looks like it's posted on Youtube so now I have to watch and report back.

by Anonymousreply 237July 16, 2021 3:38 AM

On one of her recent cooking shows, she did four segments--each with a recipe related to one of her TV roles. I can't remember which recipe went with which role, but she highlighted "One Day at a Time," "Hot in Cleveland," "Cafe Americain," and one other show that I can't remember. I vaguely remember "Cafe Americain," but it sounded like it might have been a decent show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238July 16, 2021 3:40 AM

Oh ... I remember the fourth show -- "Touched By an Angel."

by Anonymousreply 239July 16, 2021 3:41 AM

I was about to say it was probably "Touched by An Angel". I bet she made angel food cake on something really on the nose like that.

by Anonymousreply 240July 16, 2021 3:43 AM

Angel food cake mukbang.

by Anonymousreply 241July 16, 2021 3:44 AM

She looks exactly like Eddie Van Halen

by Anonymousreply 242July 16, 2021 3:44 AM

r240 You win! It was Orange Vanilla Bean Angel Food Cake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243July 16, 2021 3:44 AM

She's done some recipes that were inspired by Eddie's mother, who was Indonesian.

by Anonymousreply 244July 16, 2021 3:45 AM

Off topic, but I always thought it was interesting how the Van Halen brothers and Mark Paul Gosselaar both have Indonesian mothers and Dutch fathers.

Okay, just my little random thought. Carry on with the thread!

by Anonymousreply 245July 16, 2021 3:50 AM

I don’t think her extra weight looks bad but she looks really old

by Anonymousreply 246July 16, 2021 4:10 AM

Well, does Glen Scarpelli look fat/hot/old now?

by Anonymousreply 247July 16, 2021 6:12 AM

Well, she's 62, R246. How old do you think she looks, in her 80s?

I think she looks her age, but we're so used to seeing Botox'd and surgeried people that we don't really know what somebody in their sixties looks like anymore.

(I do think she's used fillers, maybe even surgery, in the past, but the effects go away and she seems pretty natural now.)

by Anonymousreply 248July 16, 2021 10:56 AM

Agreed, r207! R205 lost his way with his attempt at a tidy analysis!

by Anonymousreply 249July 16, 2021 12:22 PM

I love that somebody named BodegaCat went the fuck off on her. I wish more people would call out these asshole entitled celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 250July 16, 2021 12:24 PM

Valerie Bertinelli, Karen Valentine, and Sally Field were all cut from the "sweet, adorable, cute" cloth. Never, ever the "sex object" diaphonous fabric.

Get off Social Media, Val. Lower your blood pressure.

by Anonymousreply 251July 16, 2021 12:25 PM

Every time I have seen her show, she's making hamburgers. Is she a chef?

by Anonymousreply 252July 16, 2021 12:28 PM

R235- BUCK would NEVER appear in a made for tv movie.

by Anonymousreply 253July 16, 2021 4:40 PM

r252 She makes a lot more than hamburgers. Here are 42 pages of her Food Network recipes. No burgers until page 4 -- and those are lamb burgers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254July 16, 2021 4:49 PM

REAL MEN LOVE CURVES! Don't listen to the haters, girlfriend! Slay, Queen!

by Anonymousreply 255July 16, 2021 5:04 PM

Maybe if she keeps mixing the cake batter in a counter clockwise direction.

by Anonymousreply 256July 16, 2021 5:46 PM

Val, be like MacKenzie...keep a low profile. No need to constantly be such an attention hog.

by Anonymousreply 257July 16, 2021 5:51 PM

She still has such a pretty face.

In there somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 258July 16, 2021 5:51 PM

So let's wop on the beat!

by Anonymousreply 259July 16, 2021 5:52 PM

Attention isn’t the only thing she’s hogging.

by Anonymousreply 260July 16, 2021 5:52 PM

You 'tards do realize it was all fake, I hope.

But if you are a real 'tard, I guess you can't help it.

by Anonymousreply 261July 16, 2021 8:30 PM

Twins?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262July 16, 2021 8:35 PM

She laughed at Mackenzie Philips and that homosexual who played her fake brother and I don't even want to go into how she used to cuss out sweet little Shelley Fibers

by Anonymousreply 263July 16, 2021 8:35 PM

I like Valerie's cooking show on the Food network. Her recipes are a lot better than Trisha Yearwood's.

by Anonymousreply 264July 17, 2021 4:05 AM

She needs a solo sitcom. I can't believe she has to play annoying Demi Lovato's mother. Ugh!!! She was great on Hot in Cleveland. I hope the Demi show gets cancelled and Valerie gets her own show on HBO or Hulu or Netflix. The only reason Hot in Cleveland got cancelled was because Betty didn't want to do it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 265July 17, 2021 4:24 AM

How convenient that it helps publicity for her show about food issues

by Anonymousreply 266July 17, 2021 4:26 AM

A comedy about eating disorders?

by Anonymousreply 267July 17, 2021 5:17 AM

Why does Demi give such a forced smile ?

by Anonymousreply 268July 17, 2021 5:35 AM

Demi and Valerie both seem on the edge of a breakdown, bet that set has everybody walking on eggshells

by Anonymousreply 269July 17, 2021 5:59 AM

If only eggshells were edible.

by Anonymousreply 270July 17, 2021 12:20 PM

Maybe your new costar will eat them since she is railing against so-called “diet culture.”

by Anonymousreply 271July 17, 2021 2:11 PM

She laughed at poor MacKenzie while lighting up

by Anonymousreply 272July 17, 2021 6:02 PM

Val's BUMPin' ass

by Anonymousreply 273July 18, 2021 6:30 AM

She's Italian for god slakes. American Italian, the kind that get fat not Italian for Italy who all seem to stay thin. The thing is food for us is not just nourishment or something you can control, it's an integral part of our lives. We eat to celebrate good things, we eat to cheer us up when we are sad, we eat to bond with family and we eat when welcoming new friends. Breaking that training from birth is not an easy thing to do.

Ask me how I know.

by Anonymousreply 274August 26, 2021 1:01 PM

Italians are great at portion control. Americans not so much.

by Anonymousreply 275August 26, 2021 1:04 PM

DL, this is what you do to people when you go all psychotic on those of who struggle with weight. Now, 80-10-10. 10 percent couldn't care less. 10 per cent will act differently. For the 80 per cent in the middle, this is honestly what you do to us with your scathing comments about weight.

by Anonymousreply 276August 26, 2021 1:06 PM

Also I think that Italian Americans are often heavier than their countryman counterparts is because they were very poor. The original immigrants brought their love of food but somewhere along the line fell into the trap that abundance in terms of food meant you finally arrived to the promise land. It's been that way now for generations. It's so ingrained American Italians are usually shocked at the small portions people in Italy actually eat and how thin they are, even the older people. Massive spreads of food is practically an identity at this point. Conversely, no one ever seems to complain.

by Anonymousreply 277August 26, 2021 1:08 PM

[Quote] Why does Demi give such a forced smile ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278August 26, 2021 1:09 PM

Ironically, if this was not someone famous, you cunts would be calling her video EST 0/10.

by Anonymousreply 279August 26, 2021 1:10 PM

Valerie Bertinelli aside, it is just breathtaking to observe the hatred. No, the repulsion, from other gay people regarding fat. This world is getting impossible enough to live in, but the last thing we need is the total lack of understanding from our own community that "prides" itself on compassion, tolerance, and diversity. What a crock of shit! It has to be rooted in fear. Fear of one day turning into what you despise.

And you all deserve to.

by Anonymousreply 280August 26, 2021 1:58 PM

You do realize some of the people typing are also fat?

by Anonymousreply 281August 26, 2021 2:04 PM

She should be just a little chub. Unfortunate to hear that she was a major butch back in the day. Of course I know who she is but she’s a little before my time and I’m 42 even. If she’s making a check doing something then good for her. Also didn’t she bully Mackenzie? Lol. That must be hard not to do.

by Anonymousreply 282August 26, 2021 2:56 PM

It was all PR and got her book up on the presale lists!

Taking notes from Demi.

by Anonymousreply 283August 26, 2021 3:03 PM

After reading all these post, I thank fucking Christ I'm only a child.

by Anonymousreply 284August 26, 2021 3:25 PM

Sorry. Wrong thread!

by Anonymousreply 285August 26, 2021 3:26 PM

Did WW dump her?

by Anonymousreply 286August 26, 2021 4:38 PM

Haha. R284/R285 meant to post in the "Do you like your siblings?" thread.

by Anonymousreply 287August 26, 2021 6:08 PM

So you not only posted in the wrong thread, you failed to type "an only child."

by Anonymousreply 288August 26, 2021 6:13 PM

She looks like my friend’s bipolar auntie in that pic

by Anonymousreply 289August 26, 2021 6:27 PM

Go to minute 16 here, to see her cringeworthy interview with Letterman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290August 26, 2021 6:40 PM

I haven't watched her cooking show, but is she all 'healthy diet' options on this show?

by Anonymousreply 291August 26, 2021 6:49 PM

[quote]Did WW dump her?

That would have been difficult, since she never worked for them.

by Anonymousreply 292August 26, 2021 6:55 PM

I'm still curious about what happened to her husband. I don't follow social media, but it's odd that she never mentions him on her cooking show anymore.

by Anonymousreply 293August 26, 2021 6:56 PM

r291 No. Why don't you check out some of her recipes?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294August 26, 2021 6:57 PM

Well then, R294, she is giving mixed messages then. If her brand used to be dieting, and now it's cooking luxurious dishes, it's hard to sympathize with her issues regarding fat shaming.

by Anonymousreply 295August 26, 2021 7:00 PM

I loved Hot in Cleveland. Loved seeing mature female protagonists who weren't all "the mom."

by Anonymousreply 296August 26, 2021 8:58 PM

You've never seen AbFab?

by Anonymousreply 297August 27, 2021 5:40 AM

Marriage problems, she filed for separation. Maybe why she was so upset by it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298November 26, 2021 6:35 AM

The way she has been talking about Eddie sounds like she is still in love with him.

by Anonymousreply 299November 26, 2021 6:37 AM

I knew there was something wrong with her marriage. After she posted that crying rant about weight, I knew it was really about something else. I also had sympathy for Eddie’s new wife Janie whom I don’t believe Valerie ever mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 300November 26, 2021 7:50 AM

I always liked here but I dont get the celebrity knows how to cook BS. Did Val go to any kind of professional training? Culinary school? Work her way up as a restaurant chef? All of those chefs including the one that did go to culinary show basically just pick from a dozen recipe written for them by the actual chefs who work for the food network. The rejects get listed as "from the Food Network Kitchen". Some are good, some are not. Only a hand full like Ina Garten and Giada actually had their cooking chops, wrote cook books before they were on TV.

by Anonymousreply 301November 26, 2021 7:57 AM

She seemed beyond devastated when Eddie passed. So much so that I had no idea she had remarried. She has every right to grieve for her son’s father but doing it so publicly was disrespectful to her husband and Eddie’s wife.

by Anonymousreply 302November 26, 2021 12:57 PM

I figured something was wrong because she barely ever mentions the guy and there are no pics of him on her very active instagram. That's too bad. I want her to be happy.

by Anonymousreply 303November 26, 2021 11:06 PM

He abused his ex-wife; it was detailed in their divorce case and the tabloids printed the transcripts.

by Anonymousreply 304November 27, 2021 2:39 AM

R14 because they are rich as shit and money in this society buys oversized clout. Look at the Kardashians. Look at Paris Hilton. No talent but all the attention

by Anonymousreply 305November 27, 2021 2:44 AM

Cocaine and getting fucked by your dad might help.

Lots of cocaine.

by Anonymousreply 306November 27, 2021 3:07 AM

Yes, McKenzie, but we told you not to do it on the set during filming, the producers dont like that shit even though they supply it as extended craft services. You really should be more like your sister.

by Anonymousreply 307November 27, 2021 7:11 AM

Hate to admit it, but as a young gayling I had a crush on Valerie Bertinelli.

by Anonymousreply 308November 27, 2021 7:16 AM

[quote]Of course I know who she is but she’s a little before my time and I’m 42 even.

I'm 50 and I barely remember her, One Day at a Time was only popular from 1975 through 1979 really, even though it coasted until 1984. That she's still famous is kind of strange, actually. After ODaaT Bertinelli didn't do anything except sub-par made-for-TV movies for another decade before even that dried up. I guess she stayed famous because of her husband.

by Anonymousreply 309November 27, 2021 7:22 AM

She's been "losing weight" longer than I have. If a single SM comment can trigger a meltdown at this stage of your game, then you've got no game. Please be stronger than this.

by Anonymousreply 310November 27, 2021 7:29 AM

There was something about Valerie as a young girl that was very appealing to a mass audience at the time. Her sister on the show lets face it was a dog, no one really liked her and on top of that had drug issue in her personal life. And mom on the show was very over dramatic about being a single parent. No one really remembers those two like they remember Bertinelli. I think as a charater on the show she came across as the only sane one in the family. AKA down to earth. Which was considered a good thing back then, unlike Insta whores, Kardashian, reality shit you see today.

Also, Italian last names as young white mainstream actors was unusual at the time outside of mafia movies.

by Anonymousreply 311November 27, 2021 7:51 AM

She’s at it again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312December 26, 2021 5:38 AM

I think she was still in love with Eddie and this is behind a lot of the pain she is in now.

by Anonymousreply 313December 26, 2021 5:41 AM

She's been fat forever. Why the outburst now?

by Anonymousreply 314December 26, 2021 5:48 AM

Those fat Italian genes will always just fight their way to come out. She should just reconcile with it - shes 61.

Unless this is all just to get attention for her book. I agree with the comment above that it’s kind of funny that she managed to stay a household name all these decades - I’m not really sure how or why. But most of my friends who are much younger than me know who she is.

by Anonymousreply 315December 26, 2021 6:25 AM

So sad about her separation. Hope she and second hubby can work it out.

by Anonymousreply 316December 26, 2021 1:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!