Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Monaco's Charlene: in Sth Africa since 2020 & no longer wears wedding ring

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600November 21, 2021 6:16 PM

Perhaps she is just visiting Me.

by Anonymousreply 1July 9, 2021 5:55 PM

She has a sewing machine in the background. Maybe she's just so busy running up a few cute little numbers that she hasn't found the time to fly home yet?

by Anonymousreply 2July 9, 2021 5:58 PM

She was mentally fragile when she married him, but Albert’s constant cheating (he has three children with three different women that we know of) has sent her over the edge. It is not going to end well for her.

by Anonymousreply 3July 9, 2021 6:00 PM

I think she is done with fat Albert, his bastard children, and Monaco.

by Anonymousreply 4July 9, 2021 6:04 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 9, 2021 6:06 PM

I forgot to add @R5 that no woman who is in the public eye like she is and emotionally stable butchers her hair the way she did. It was a cry for help like Brittney Spears.

by Anonymousreply 6July 9, 2021 6:08 PM

I wonder if she's getting psychological therapy in South Africa because it's more private OR if she's not coming back to Monaco at all? Albert retains custody of the children by LAW.

by Anonymousreply 7July 9, 2021 6:11 PM

They are clearly transitioning. That's Prince Carl of Monaco to you.

by Anonymousreply 8July 9, 2021 6:20 PM

But what about moving like Harlow?

by Anonymousreply 9July 9, 2021 6:21 PM

I agree, R8. She looks "non-binary" at R5.

by Anonymousreply 10July 9, 2021 6:27 PM

R6. The haircut was done as a message: Charlene is done being a trophy wife to a philanderer. She doesn't want to be an object. It was an act of autonomy and signals Charlene wants change.

by Anonymousreply 11July 9, 2021 7:24 PM

Leaving him is one thing. Leaving her little kids though? Whatever she's going through, it's very heavy for a mother to do that.

by Anonymousreply 12July 9, 2021 7:45 PM

She and her children are gorgeous. She probably can't take them with her because of the royal heir bullshit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13July 9, 2021 8:16 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 9, 2021 8:18 PM

[quote] Sth Africa

It’s Seth Efrica.

by Anonymousreply 15July 9, 2021 8:30 PM

I am sure Charlene's lawyers are working on a custody agreement.

by Anonymousreply 16July 9, 2021 8:54 PM

It always makes me sad when mothers leave their children, whether it’s for selfish reasons, or for her own survival. It’s never good.

by Anonymousreply 17July 9, 2021 8:56 PM

Depression. And its chronic.

by Anonymousreply 18July 9, 2021 8:56 PM

Didn't he basically kidnap her at the airport as she was trying to flee right before the marriage?

by Anonymousreply 19July 9, 2021 9:01 PM

Can’t they afford a ketamine infusion?

by Anonymousreply 20July 9, 2021 9:01 PM

I remember when Albert looked like this - sporty, tall, slim with a head full of blond hair. He really looked like a Fairy Tale Prince but as we've seen his life unfold, it was all an illusion.

Albert seemed shy and very polite with wonderful manners who stuttered on the surface. Even his mother Princess Grace said he was the only one of her children who never gave her any trouble. And yet, in private there was all of the promiscuity and illegitimate children. Also, he was so athletic in his youth that I'm kind of shocked he would let himself go so badly. Of course, he can't help losing his hair but his body is a sad example of his debauchery. He's really a disappointment.

The Grimaldis were once a fine looking family before age, the ravages of sun, cigarettes and fast living took its toll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 14, 2021 6:01 PM

R21 that was-a lifetime ago!

I think the Princess is done with Monaco and Done with Prince Albert. She will lose custody of her kids if she leaves. Sad that she was roped intomarrying this horrible man.

by Anonymousreply 22July 14, 2021 6:08 PM

At first I thought it was severe depression, but now I really think she is transitioning.

by Anonymousreply 23July 14, 2021 6:25 PM

She is fed up of Albert the cheater but her kids belongs to Monaco. She needs the best lawyers ever to help her to escape and to keep the custody.

by Anonymousreply 24July 14, 2021 8:26 PM

^belong

by Anonymousreply 25July 14, 2021 8:26 PM

Those kids are raised by nannies, anyway.

If the marriage isn't working, just get a divorce. If Monaco could deal with Alberts 3 illegitimate kids, they can deal with him being divorced. He has his legit heir, the line is secure, wish her well and let her go.

by Anonymousreply 26July 14, 2021 8:38 PM

And don't forget the $50 million thanks for the twins and good bye payment to Charlene's bank account.

by Anonymousreply 27July 14, 2021 8:55 PM

R26 You don't get it, if she divorces the kids stay with him.

by Anonymousreply 28July 14, 2021 8:56 PM

She is photographed looking comfortable and at ease, speaking to her kids with facetime. She is not on a ventilator. She is not hooked up to oxygen. She is ambulatory and breathing comfortably on her own. I have seen patients in worse condition who travelled. She is able to travel and the sinus stuff is a BS story.

by Anonymousreply 29July 14, 2021 9:02 PM

She was forced into marriage her passport was allegedly stolen and she was sobbing like a hostage victim during the ceremony

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 14, 2021 9:58 PM

^ European Royal sidenote - Carl Philip on his wedding day is just masculine perfection.

by Anonymousreply 31July 14, 2021 10:03 PM

Yeah, I don’t see the issue if they divorce. The European are much more lax than they were 50 years ago. The current Queen of Spain is a divorcee; and then of course you have Crown Princess Mette Marit, Meghan, and Prince Joachim who are all divorced as well. And Monaco is already so small anyways.

by Anonymousreply 32July 14, 2021 10:08 PM

I think the difference here is that the custody arrangement would be shaped by the fact that the boy is his father's heir. I hope that the objection isn't a moral one, especially after the life Albert's led.

by Anonymousreply 33July 14, 2021 10:18 PM

Good lord, R32, with all the fornicating and out of wedlock babies produced by the Grimaldis over the past couple of decades, I doubt divorce is taboo to these people. Charlotte Casiraghi showed promise, but she fornicated with - get this - a Jew and produced a bastard.

by Anonymousreply 34July 14, 2021 10:32 PM

Princess Charlene breaks the silence on her absence from Monaco: 9 July 2021

“Albert is my rock and my strength.” Currently on separate continents, the former Olympic swimmer said that “without his love and support [she] would not have been able to get through this painful time.” Hoping for a reunion soon, the mother to Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella is struggling with the distance. “I miss my husband and children dearly.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35July 14, 2021 10:55 PM

Princess Charlene MIA on wedding anniversary amid Albert cheat rumors

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36July 14, 2021 11:01 PM

For as much as they all carry on about what a saint she was, their father treated Grace badly & that sure impacts how Fat Albert treated his less than saintly wife. His sisters also married various pigs, cheaters & lowlifes, so it's clearly a family trait. Also, when he says "she's too fragile", I think what he really means is "she doesn't have the ability to carry off a marriage like the business arrangement it really is." Honestly, he should've married some thirsty actress like Smegs; she'd love to lord her status of his sisters, she could be photographed topless & the French would think she was cool - all she'd have to do is push out a son (use a turkey baster if necessary) and call it a day. Marrying some mentally fragile South African/non-celebrity was clearly a bad idea.

by Anonymousreply 37July 14, 2021 11:10 PM

R37 Albert's sister is a royal highness, a step above serene. She is more royal than fat Albert. Try again with your digs.

by Anonymousreply 38July 14, 2021 11:15 PM

R35 Wait, So was she exiled? This is all so strange.

by Anonymousreply 39July 14, 2021 11:22 PM

R38 So what's your point? Caroline married playboy Philippe Junot. She married Prince Ernst who is a drunken cheater, huge pig who pisses in public, is going broke, and feuding with his oldest son.

by Anonymousreply 40July 14, 2021 11:46 PM

She cant fly back to Monaco and her kids because she has a cold? Sure that makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 41July 15, 2021 1:12 AM

Perhaps she's in consideration to audition for the co-lead female role in a cinematic remake of "Rosemary's Baby"?

by Anonymousreply 42July 15, 2021 4:33 AM

She knew what she was signing up for. Enjoy the privileges of being as European princess. Only drawback is to stay in the palace with the kids and work on her charities, while the prince does what princes have done for centuries.

by Anonymousreply 43July 15, 2021 4:55 AM

She was snootily received by the Monégasques plus with Albert's incessant cheating. I think she had enough and left. With his stutter and being unmarried for such a long time, I though he was gay.

by Anonymousreply 44July 15, 2021 5:04 AM

I always figured she was gay and that was the reason she agreed to marry Albert. They could each do their own thing and hold it together in public. My guess is she’s in rehab for alcohol abuse and there is more privacy in South Africa. I hope if they split up, she at least stays in Monaco for the kids’ sake. Having a mother bolt is one thing that is pretty much guaranteed to mess up someone for life.

by Anonymousreply 45July 15, 2021 5:09 AM

They met "on a yacht". Make of that what you will.

by Anonymousreply 46July 15, 2021 5:25 AM

It's Monaco, r46. In Monaco there are technically more places to meet people on the hundreds of mega yachts than there is on the actual land.

by Anonymousreply 47July 15, 2021 5:33 AM

I am going to play her in the biopic. If we can get her to go on a Thelma and Louise spree or kill a few people or come out as a NB lesbian, nothing can stop me from winning another Oscar. I have started emoting already. I need to reveal to the world that I too have been suffering from a debilitating ENT problem.

by Anonymousreply 48July 15, 2021 5:47 AM

Neuro-otologist here (ENT/Neurosurgeon):

Can think of very few conditions that would necessitate months and months of a travel ban. Exceptions being intra-cranial issues/tumours or severe/debilitating sinus problems

After seeing Charlene FaceTime her children, the above can be ruled out.

Methinks something else is going on and “ENT issues” is the lede.

by Anonymousreply 49July 15, 2021 6:04 AM

The Daily Mail is the arbiter and all that is true and just. The idea of it profiting monetarily from anything it prints is purely wrong.

by Anonymousreply 50July 15, 2021 8:50 AM

R26 - There is no chance of custody for Charlene. Albert never wanted to marry. He had to, because without direct heirs, Monaco goes back to France. She was brought in, and she and he and everyone else knew it, to provide heirs. She had trouble getting pregnant and in the end they had the IVF twins. She was unhappy from the start, and stayed in just long enough to establish a relationship with the kids in the public eye.

Albert is a corrupt shite. Everyone knew when she started butchering her hair that she was in serious emotional distress.

So either they've sent her home to South Africa to see if she can recover from her breakdown, and if not, she'll be handsomely financially paid off and gently let go.

Of course she'll be allowed some relationship with her kids, but never custody. Those kids belong to Monaco. That's standard in marriages involving top tier royals, especially heirs to th thrones.

This marriage was always doomed. The Grimaldi marriage makes the Sussex one look like Father Knows Best.

by Anonymousreply 51July 15, 2021 10:06 AM

Monaco...a sunny place for shady people.

by Anonymousreply 52July 15, 2021 10:25 AM

Sadly this is not a good time to be flouncing about in SA.

by Anonymousreply 53July 15, 2021 11:46 AM

"There is no chance of custody for Charlene."

Ah, but there is. In fact, one of the world's wealthiest royals lost a custody battle with his wife in London fairly recently.

by Anonymousreply 54July 15, 2021 12:57 PM

How hard is it to find a nice stable consort?

by Anonymousreply 55July 15, 2021 1:01 PM

R55 Harder than I thought.

by Anonymousreply 56July 15, 2021 1:58 PM

I believe that by Monegasque law, the custody of any children are automatically given to the reigning prince.

by Anonymousreply 57July 15, 2021 2:26 PM

R54, that custody battle played out in the UK because that's where the wife (Princess Haya) and kids were living at the time, and where she started divorce proceedings. These children are separated from their mother and are in Monaco, where the law stands that they belong to their father. I doubt that law will change.

by Anonymousreply 58July 15, 2021 2:42 PM

She and the kids don't actually live in Monaco. The Grimaldis have an estate in France and they she spends most of her time there. They'be been living separately for years.

by Anonymousreply 59July 15, 2021 3:39 PM

Albert has been doing a lot of happy families "look I'm a great dad and these kids are happy" engagements with the twins in the last few months whilst their mother has been in SA. I don't think that's a coincidence.

The law was changed in 2002 so that the throne could go to Caroline and then Andrea if Albert didn't have legitimate kids but he clearly did want an heir anyway. They did seem to be happier together after they were born but he still had affairs according to rumor.

by Anonymousreply 60July 15, 2021 3:50 PM

When the late Prince Rainier attended boarding school in Switzerland, his nickname was “Fat Little Monaco”. I remembered this when I read the post calling Prince Albert “Fat Albert”.

by Anonymousreply 61July 15, 2021 4:09 PM

I can well imagine that Albert preferred to marry than leave the throne to the Casiraghi kids. Their father was a PoS, as sleazy as they come. The boys turned outbsll all right, both are married to fantastically wealthy heiresses.

I think the rest of the family hated Casiraghi.

by Anonymousreply 62July 15, 2021 5:24 PM

[quote]How hard is it to find a nice stable consort? —Will C.

Not everyone can be a Capricorn.

Charlene is an Aquarius. They're usually a bit kooky.

by Anonymousreply 63July 15, 2021 6:13 PM

She started to ping when she cut her hair like this (shaved on the side). The new chopped haircut cements my impression that she's a lesbian.

The FaceTiming with her children, for the world to see, was PR for a future custody battle.

I'm thinking of Michael Corleone and Kay: those children will stay with the Prince in the castle. Charlene will be the one moving around, visiting her children. (I.e., the children will not come to stay at her house.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64July 15, 2021 6:23 PM

Would a severe cocaine probably technically be an ENT issue, R49? I once cleared a sinus infection with a coke binge... for a week.

by Anonymousreply 65July 15, 2021 7:48 PM

R26 here. Of course Albert will get custody: He's the monarch. Charlene had to know that going in. I'm sure he'll let her live in Monaco if she likes and see the children all she wants. The issue here is that if she's so unhappy being his wife, a divorce shouldn't be a big deal. It's just Monaco.

by Anonymousreply 66July 15, 2021 8:51 PM

She’s got the potential power of the press. Maybe she can threaten to go public with all she knows about Albert and the Grimaldis if she’s denied custody.

It would open her to potentially humiliating attacks but may be her only choice st this point.

by Anonymousreply 67July 15, 2021 8:59 PM

She could launch an all out PR war but I don’t think she’s mentally strong enough for that and there is likely some shady stuff in her past that she wants to keep quiet about. If Albert was such a prize, Claudia Schiffer would have married him in the early 1990s.

by Anonymousreply 68July 15, 2021 10:23 PM

Albert would give her enough money and visitation rights that a PR war would make no sense.

by Anonymousreply 69July 15, 2021 10:42 PM

Princess Caroline hasn't had anything to say about any of this? She's gotten so quiet in her dotage.

by Anonymousreply 70July 15, 2021 10:58 PM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 71July 15, 2021 11:01 PM

Royal Highnes of Hanover, R71.

Peasant.

When she married that German prince, she became a HRH, meaning that she is higher on the food chain than Albert.

by Anonymousreply 72July 15, 2021 11:03 PM

She skeletal. She used to be a big boned healthy amazonian jocktress.

by Anonymousreply 73July 15, 2021 11:12 PM

Didn't she attempt to flee a day or so before their marriage and he had his security people find her and drag her back into a forced marriage?

by Anonymousreply 74July 16, 2021 12:14 AM

How could she be “forced” to marry him? She could have thrown a huge fit in the airport and anyone around would have gotten out their phones and recorded it. It would have gone viral and embarrassed Albert and the country of Monaco.

And why would she ever agree to it? I guess you could say money but she never seemed that interested in it.

by Anonymousreply 75July 16, 2021 2:34 AM

I don't think her hair makes her look like she is transitioning, she looks mentally unwell. Sad all around for the kids.

by Anonymousreply 76July 16, 2021 3:27 AM

I agree, r76. The transitioning talk is beyond stupid. She looks sick. Like someone else said, it's just Monaco. Yeah she'll lose custody but certainly an arrangement could be worked out. The problem is that she's had a breakdown and can't handle whatever arrangement they've offered. And this marriage is obviously a disaster for her.

by Anonymousreply 77July 16, 2021 3:39 AM

She was clearly inspired by Charlize Theron. It’s a bowl cut, but when you part it on the side it’s more extreme with the shaved part visible. They’re very similar. Tall, blonde, a dab of butch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78July 16, 2021 5:25 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79July 16, 2021 5:26 AM

That haircut was a cry for help!

by Anonymousreply 80July 16, 2021 7:27 AM

Is that Charlize R79? If so she's looking matronly.

by Anonymousreply 81July 16, 2021 7:47 AM

R64 There IS NO FUTURE CUSTODY BATTLE. Legally, those children belong to Monaco and the Grimaldi family. You have mo idea what these women who marry heirs to the throne have to sign when they hook these prizes. That goes gor6every royal family in Europe, from former Aussie Crown Princess Mary of Denmark on down.

You leave, you leave without the kids. Of course, humane arrangements would be made these days for shared parenting and liberal financial payouts.

But formal custody always goes to the royal family.

They have to sign all this stuff the moment the engagement is announced and it's all explained to them clearly beforehand.

by Anonymousreply 82July 16, 2021 10:32 AM

If she really wanted the kids, she wouldn't have left in the first place; can't one easily rehab in the south of France? She wants to get away from Fat Albert, she's having some mental breakdown but her public contact with her children tells FA she won't go quietly, custody or no custody

by Anonymousreply 83July 16, 2021 10:51 AM

Just spitballing here, if Albert hadn’t married and then died so Caroline (having still married EA ) took the throne, what would her title be? HRH Princess Caroline of ….?

by Anonymousreply 84July 16, 2021 11:23 AM

R84 The Monegasques aren't Royal Highnesses, they are Serene Highnesses, a step down from the other European royals at the same level. Hence, their second-rate status.

Caroline finally got an HRH via her third husband, Prince Ernst of Hanover, who is an HRH and also stands somewhere in the line of succession to the British throne.

They are totally estranged, but not divorced. If they get divorced, Caroline loses that HRH.

So even if their Monagasque throne to Caroline and her children, they would all still just be Serene Highnesses. Albert is a Serene Highness.

Caroline's HRH is just a lucky hit from her last marriage.

by Anonymousreply 85July 16, 2021 11:36 AM

She’s not transitioning. If anything, she’s realizing she’s a lesbian.

But I think she’s trying to claim her own self, as women tend to do when they’ve had enough of whatever life they’ve been living for other people. I agree with the person who said it’s sad for their children. If she’s having a crisis, maybe it’s better they’re not with her every day. That’s all I’ll say about THAT.

by Anonymousreply 86July 16, 2021 11:43 AM

Well, I hope she’s safe. All hell is breaking loose in SA, violent rioting and looting. If I were her, I’d get my blonde white ass OUT of there. Say what you will about Monegasques, they’re not burning and pillaging.

by Anonymousreply 87July 16, 2021 11:47 AM

I definitely see a blooming lesbo there.

by Anonymousreply 88July 16, 2021 1:35 PM

Yes, I know that Monaco’s rulers are HSHs. My question was, because of her HRH title acquired by marriage, if she became the ruler, would it be as HSH or HRH, because she *is* an HRH. Maybe “HSH Caroline of Monaco, the Princess of Hanover”? Just a fun little etiquette conundrum.

by Anonymousreply 89July 16, 2021 1:38 PM

Is Ernst’s title real, or just a courtesy title?

by Anonymousreply 90July 16, 2021 1:40 PM

Ernst's title is just a courtesy one these days as Germany legally abolished them 100 years ago. But most old Houses transferred Prince of Hanover to legal surnames instead, without the HRH, that's just a social/courtesy one.

Some claim his HRH is legal through his UK citizenship but that doesn't seem to be correct as the UK doesn't legally acknowledge former foreign titles either.

by Anonymousreply 91July 16, 2021 2:08 PM

So Caroline is still a mere HSH?

by Anonymousreply 92July 16, 2021 2:22 PM

I love when DL thread devolve into title/etiquette discussions. Poor Charlene has gone completely bonkers, left Monaco & got a butch hair cut & she *still* isn't interesting enough to maintain our attention!

We'd never be at this point if Caroline could've taken the (tacky & low rent) throne of Monaco. She's had a messy life, but she'd probably be a better representative of the country than her creepy brother.

by Anonymousreply 93July 16, 2021 4:15 PM

This is what happens when you can no longer marry a cousin...

by Anonymousreply 94July 16, 2021 5:47 PM

Why would she want to go back to the violent, crime-ridden shit hole that is South Africa? Most sane people want to get the fuck out of that beastly dump.

by Anonymousreply 95July 16, 2021 8:24 PM

Rather than the minuscule, glittering nothing that is Monaco, a husband who appears to treat her like dirt and a populace who resents her, R95?

by Anonymousreply 96July 16, 2021 8:45 PM

R95 - she grew up in South Africa and her family are there.

by Anonymousreply 97July 16, 2021 9:13 PM

The Daily Maul has an article today, says that she FaceTimes the kids every day, there’s a photographer there with her taking pictures. I’d like to know, if you have a nervous breakdown, can you put on a front like that. The PR has swung into full gear and there are little videos of them growing up, preparing for the wedding but It’s just a matter of time until they announce a separation. She’ll get lambasted for leaving the kids. If Fat Al wants to make amends after driving her off with a 3rd illegitimate child, he should permit them to live in RSA for six months of the year, if it’s safe enough.

by Anonymousreply 98July 16, 2021 9:55 PM

[quote] Would a severe cocaine probably technically be an ENT issue, [R49]? I once cleared a sinus infection with a coke binge... for a week.

Unlikely.

Interestingly enough, I had a professor that had special DEA permission to use pledgets soaked in cocaine to apply to the nose and sinuses before transphenoidal pituitary tumour removal.

The nose and sinuses are highly vascular and topical cocaine results in impressive vasoconstriction (or put another way, decreased bleeding during surgery.)

Downside for this was the rapid elevation of heart rate and blood pressure experienced by the patients during these procedures.

So, clearing of sinuses occurs with cocaine use.

Prolonged use of coke results in complete loss of blood supply to the tissues of the nose/sinuses. This accounts for the dead tissues and characteristic “holes in the nasal septum” that can be seen.

Charlene doesn’t seem to demonstrate a saddle nose, or puffy facies suggestive of sino-nasal issues.

Difficult to assess from afar, but likely there is something else at play.

Time may tell.

by Anonymousreply 99July 16, 2021 10:08 PM

Re that "courtesy" HRH of Ernst of Hanover- you know what they say, "possession is nine-tenths of the law".

There's no monarchy in Greece any longer, either, but Constantine and his wife (still legitimately a Princess of Denmark, she's Queen Margrethe's youngest sister) are still referred to and treated as a King and Queen on royal circles.

I don't know what Caroline would have been called if she'd had to take over formally. My guess is that she'd have had either to ditch the empty HRH and gone with HSH, or ignored the HSH and clung to the HRH.

Blending them seems beyond clunky. HSH Caroline, HRH Princess of Hanover??

Re ongoing discussion of Charlene, the problem is everyone knows this was the fulfillment of all the handwriting on the wall. It wasn't a question of if, but when.

It's a shock but not a surprise.

The question now that the "when" has occurred, is the "how"?

How are they going to handle the break, given that no one, anywhere, is going to anything but laugh as they try to put lipstick on this brightly coloured pig?

And do they even care?

by Anonymousreply 100July 17, 2021 11:31 AM

I assume that Caroline would just have planned to go by HSH if she remained heiress presumptive. She may be entitled to HRH but one can choose one's styling.

by Anonymousreply 101July 17, 2021 11:57 AM

Charlene and Charlize would make a cute couple.

by Anonymousreply 102July 17, 2021 1:31 PM

[quote] And do they even care?

Someone cares enough to go through that farce in the Daily Mail.

by Anonymousreply 103July 17, 2021 6:30 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104July 17, 2021 6:33 PM

It is a very sad situation for Charlene and the kids. Given what transpired prior to the wedding it did seem inevitable.

by Anonymousreply 105July 17, 2021 9:30 PM

Hasn’t Caroline always essentially been the real first lady of Monaco following Grace’s death? I mean yes Charlene played the role but still.

by Anonymousreply 106July 17, 2021 10:03 PM

R106 Certainly after Grace died. And I don't think any of her sons' wives were keen for the job. They would always have known that Albert would eventually marry for an heir. And whoever he married would get top billing. They are all very rich and quite pleased to skip the tinsel and enjoy their annoying great fortune.

At first I assumed that Charlene was marrying for position and wealth and a comfortable old age one day. No one with a brain could have missed who Albert has been all these years.

But it turns out that Albert made the same mistake Charles did in crossing his fingers, marrying the girl who seemed to want the position most and was presentable, pretty, and ready.

Turns out Charlene was a well-groomed basket case, was deeply unhappy with the arrangement, and that Albert simply went on being Albert went on indulging his appetites (always sans condom, apparently), when it was clear he was headed to the altar with Charlene to get the heir and spare bit out of the way.

There are some interesting parallels between the Grimaldi and Wales marriages.

by Anonymousreply 107July 18, 2021 11:29 AM

I was surprised he jumped in with comments on H&M, tbh, R107. Discretion may have been a better choice given his own life.

Charlene is a sad case and it is tragic for the children. They have her unstable genes and now this trauma at a young age.

by Anonymousreply 108July 18, 2021 12:54 PM

Her “unstable genes” can’t compare to the behavior those kids must witness from their father every day. Imagine what an asshole he must be in real life.

by Anonymousreply 109July 18, 2021 1:00 PM

R109 - But a very rich and eligible asshole. And that, unfortunately, seems to cover a multitude of sins in men.

When Prince Charles was much younger, pre-marriage, I think, he was at some forum, possibly at Cambridge, and someone in the audience slyly asked to what Charles attributed his success with women? Charles, without missing a beat, deflected and murmured "It's the ears," and the place exploded with laughter.

But the principle stands: a phenomenal jackass who has gotten portly, bald, and has three illegitimate children, either because he's too lazy for contraception or because he's obsessed with spreading his seed around, but who is worth hundreds of millions of pounds and has "Prince" in front of his name . . . is transformed into a highly desirable parti, as the French used to call it.

It's an unfair world and a great many things that people insist have changed, haven't.

by Anonymousreply 110July 18, 2021 1:19 PM

This was probably the deal they made right before the wedding when she tried to bolt. Ten years, an heir by invitro (it’s always twins) and then separation. Albert must’ve figured she’d be discreet and stay in Europe like his mother did. He also figured she’d come to enjoy the luxury part too much to give it up. Turns out he was wrong about that. She endured the job, fulfilled her end, and now she’s done. I think in the future she’ll split her time between Monaco/France and South Africa with Caroline doing the ceremonial stuff. Pity Albert didn’t meet Meghan Markle first, she would’ve been perfect for him.

by Anonymousreply 111July 18, 2021 1:28 PM

Eldergay friends, was Albert considered hot back in the day when you were eligible young bachelors?

by Anonymousreply 112July 18, 2021 1:35 PM

Meghan really would have been a perfect Grimaldi consort. Less charitable work, more glitz, and she could have called herself a bona fide Princess. She'd have eaten all that up with a spoon.

by Anonymousreply 113July 18, 2021 2:07 PM

Her biggest mistake was having those kids. She probably could’ve divorced him a couple of years after the wedding. Now she’s tied to him and will possibly lose custody.

by Anonymousreply 114July 18, 2021 2:16 PM

Having legitimate HEIRS was the ENTIRE point of the deal. The entire thing has sucked for her from start to finish.

by Anonymousreply 115July 18, 2021 2:21 PM

R112 - Albert was good looking and eligible in his youth. He resembled his mother Princess Grace and the Kelly side of the family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116July 18, 2021 2:21 PM

Albert as an eligible young man (with hair).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117July 18, 2021 2:22 PM

Rainier and Grace with their three children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118July 18, 2021 2:24 PM

Rainier and Grace with their three children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119July 18, 2021 2:24 PM

^ sorry for the double post

by Anonymousreply 120July 18, 2021 2:25 PM

Last one...hard to believe that active and sports mad Albert once looked like this. Now, he looks like some debauched playboy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121July 18, 2021 2:29 PM

At 50 you get the face you deserve.

by Anonymousreply 122July 18, 2021 2:45 PM

R115, she could’ve gotten out of it if he didn’t produce the heirs. Just like she ran off now, she could’ve done it before the kids. I think she had to marry him because you can’t really back out of something that public, it would’ve humiliated Albert. But after she could have just snuck off to SA and stayed there. What could he have done?

by Anonymousreply 123July 18, 2021 3:04 PM

R113 Oh, but they're only Serene Highnesses, not Royal Highnesses.

I don't think the former Suitcase Girl on Deal or No Deal would have thought that good enough.

by Anonymousreply 124July 18, 2021 3:06 PM

The problem is that the Grimaldis are Catholic and take the protocols (if not the moral standards) of the Church VERY seriously. You can't get divorced in the Catholic church, but you can get an annulment. It used to be hard to get one--Princess Grace spent years lobbying the Vatican so Caroline could legitimately remarry--but now if you're rich it's not hard. But if that were to happen, the twins would be illegitimate and could not inherit the throne.

by Anonymousreply 125July 18, 2021 3:42 PM

What will probably happen is that they won't divorce so Jacques can inherit the throne, but they will come to some sort of arrangement where they remain separated. The children will remain in Monaco, but Charlene may be able to come up to the South of France to see the twins until they are older.

Monaco is so tiny that it would be awful to be trapped there, and that's what Charlene fears--that they won't let her go again if she returns.

They needed to change their laws of succession years ago to allow for divorce, but both Rainier and Albert were too pig-headed and selfish. But now after over half a century of disastrous royal marriages they ned to do something.

by Anonymousreply 126July 18, 2021 3:45 PM

Damn, that Albert hit the wall fast. He was rather handsome when young. Now he's just fat and bald.

by Anonymousreply 127July 18, 2021 4:00 PM

Meghan would not have been a good fit, you guys just want her to suffer. Meghan is many things, but bitch made isn’t one of them. She’d have torn Albert a new one as his wife and motivated those lazy cunts to get rid of here or ideally side-eye their crazy prince.

He needs a Kate. Someone that will smile through infidelity, do minimal charity work, shop, look pretty, pop out kids, and remain quiet.

I’d like to know about this abuse because Grace and this chick both complained about their royal husbands. Are they beating there ass or something? Why can’t they live in separate ends of their palace and call it a day? I know of a duke and duchess that make it work in a castle back in England.

I’d like to know more about this abuse and why Albert couldn’t just marry some young girl that wants the lifestyle instead of this sour sport, moody during her own royal wedding.

by Anonymousreply 128July 18, 2021 4:17 PM

R125 &r126 if that’s the only issue then as the Prince why can’t he order their government to review and change the law. Then again, I think his first child should get the thrown, but they’d rather give it all back to France than pass it and the fortune to a bastard.

Personally, I’d love to be an estranged spouse of a reigning royal. You get money, status, free security, and all of the trappings with none of the work. Put me up in a mansion on the south of France and in my home country with private jets and first class travel and I’d be set. I’d even show up for 2 or 3 major events to remind everyone that I outrank all of them when in my husbands little princedom.

Like being estranged from a billionaire, sounds wonderful!!!

by Anonymousreply 129July 18, 2021 4:23 PM

R129, can we have his eldest son instead of his eldest child (the girl)? For purely traditionalist reasons, you understand.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130July 18, 2021 4:28 PM

"various pigs, cheaters & lowlifes."

That is about 99% of the male population.

by Anonymousreply 131July 18, 2021 4:35 PM

If you get an annulment in the catholic church it doesn't make children illegitimate. They are not "punished" for their parents mistakes.

But the Grimaldis are allowed to divorce and the kids are still in the succession anyway. Princess Stephanie got divorced and the two of her kids that were born in that marriage are still listed. The constitution even allows children to be legitimated for the succession via their parents marriage (like Pauline and Louis and now Sasha Casiraghi.)

Prince Albert's grandmother Princess Charlotte was even born illegitimate and became the hereditary princess via being adopted by her bio dad even though he never married her mother. She and her husband divorced in 1933 and her son went on to be Prince Rainier and she went and lived with her jewel thief lover in France.

There may be other reasons to do with the kids that they don't want to announce a divorce but succession isn't it.

by Anonymousreply 132July 18, 2021 4:53 PM

Kidman’s “Grace of Monaco” is on Hulu. This thread made me want to watch it again. Sure it’s not good but I like historical movies that are basically pretty scenes and pretty dresses. Monaco is so small that it only makes sense that there wouldn’t be anything to really talk about with this story. Gold digger marries frog prince.

by Anonymousreply 133July 18, 2021 4:56 PM

Nicole was way too old to portray Grace in her thirties.

by Anonymousreply 134July 18, 2021 4:59 PM

True r134, but I think she looks gorgeous. We don’t really know much about Grace as a person so I’m willing to just let this story flow, just like I do with stories about queens and princesses from 100-500 years ago. But the film sucks.

I also love Nicole Kidman, flaws and all, so I’m enjoying it for what it is.

by Anonymousreply 135July 18, 2021 5:04 PM

It's probably the optics. Sure Albert and Charlene can divorce, she can go on to live wherever she chooses and come back to Monaco to visit the children. But it doesn't look good, the kids staying full time with their aging, debauched father in a city like Monte Carlo with no mother nearby.

They are so small (6 years old). If they were a bit older, say early teens at least, it wouldn't look so bad for them. I think it's the image of these little children being raised solo by Albert while their mother lives away from them, not by choice.

by Anonymousreply 136July 18, 2021 5:19 PM

Albert may want to tread carefully regarding the custody issue…Charlene can talk to the press about her marriage and she can potentially make him look like an asshole…not that he needs much help with that.

by Anonymousreply 137July 18, 2021 5:22 PM

[quote]I’d like to know about this abuse because Grace and this chick both complained about their royal husbands.

They both cheated on their wives grotesquely, and neither of them wanted their wives to have anything to do in life besides buying clothes and attending to theier Monagasque charities.

Grace always thought Rainier would let her return to film acting after she was married and had the children, and she very much wanted to play the lead in "Marnie" (which Hitchcock offered to her). Rainier refused to let her do it,

by Anonymousreply 138July 18, 2021 5:27 PM

R138 he should have just built her a theater in the palace for her to play our roles for the court, same thing Louis XVI did for Marie Antoinette. Saved on expensive trips to Paris.

by Anonymousreply 139July 18, 2021 5:31 PM

R138 I’m with Rainier, you can’t be the princess and be in old Hitchcock’s weirdo movies.

by Anonymousreply 140July 18, 2021 5:45 PM

r137 Charlene is unlikely to talk to the press due to airtight NDAs she probably signed before her marriage. No talking or spilling secrets after a split, not if she wants to keep any money on offer.

by Anonymousreply 141July 18, 2021 5:48 PM

[quote]But the principle stands: a phenomenal jackass who has gotten portly, bald, and has three illegitimate children, either because he's too lazy for contraception or because he's obsessed with spreading his seed around

This has been years ago, but I remember reading some trashy book about Monaco & supposedly Albert was into some serious kink, which may in part be why bastards keep showing up. The thrill is not wearing a condom or using an contraception.

by Anonymousreply 142July 18, 2021 6:06 PM

He was never hot. Posters saying that are just giving him benefits as a white blond man. He was ALWAYS average to fug. Now, the King of Spain can be called a hottie in his youth and a sexy man in his current age.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143July 18, 2021 6:15 PM

Nice documentary about the following the Prince around for a year. His office is as messy as his life. He and Trump seem to enjoy that chaotic energy on their desk. I could never.

Skip to 12:58 to hear how common Grace Kelly sounds. Since she porked up quickly it makes sense that Albert did the same.

Also see young Albert as a teenager. Around the 13:45 mark.

Two key takeaways:

1. Albert only uses the internet a handful of times a year and doesn't seem like he uses computers much at all.

2. Charlene is no were to be found in most of this documentary. You'd think he was still single. She called him after his father died to reach out after 5 years apart following the single dinner when they met. She was digging for that gold and go what she wanted. Few years later she the princess. Careful what you wish for.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144July 18, 2021 6:27 PM

r144 at 29:13 they let the cameras into Alberts sad little hotel room. It's also a mess. Can their family not afford to bring on a footman? Charlene really did marry a pig . A staff member is rummaging though his gifts for the cameras. They are so sloppy compared to any other Royal House.

Could you image Prince Charles letting cameras into his hotel room and if he did, letting them see his bed before it's been made with shoes all over the floor? These people are like trailer park royals.

by Anonymousreply 145July 18, 2021 6:36 PM

It’s been said that Prince Rainier would sit around in his underwear eating pizzas, so it makes sense that Albert would have inherited some of his father’s crude behavior, having seen it up close.

by Anonymousreply 146July 18, 2021 6:41 PM

IMO, Prince Albert was never that attractive. The sisters were better-looking, esp. Caroline.

by Anonymousreply 147July 18, 2021 6:46 PM

Diana, Charlene, Grace, Masako... it's not really working out, is it?

by Anonymousreply 148July 18, 2021 8:05 PM

Not now r147. Stephanie and Caroline are looking rough. Stephanie was always borderline fug.

by Anonymousreply 149July 18, 2021 9:25 PM

I don’t care how awful it is to be married to a cheater , her kids need her around so leave him not your kids. Nothing fucks a kids mental state up like an abandonment from a parent especially a mum.

by Anonymousreply 150July 18, 2021 9:30 PM

r150 it's perfectly fine for her to be a long distance parent. So many parents are forced to do the same.The children of a millionaire with vast resources will have it a lot easier to see their parent. We already know that as soon as humanly acceptable, they were just going to throw them into a Swedish boarding school anyway so these were never going to be the parents of the year.

She will split her time between France and South Africa, paying Monaco dust.

by Anonymousreply 151July 18, 2021 9:40 PM

A Swedish boarding school? You must mean Swiss.

by Anonymousreply 152July 18, 2021 9:43 PM

R129? "I think his first child should get the thrown"?

Oh, dear! Perhaps they should have thrown you out with the bath water.

by Anonymousreply 153July 18, 2021 10:04 PM

Why is it so terrible that she can't just live a separate life in a different wing?

by Anonymousreply 154July 18, 2021 10:07 PM

[quote]Diana, Charlene, Grace, Masako... it's not really working out, is it?

Well, except for the fact that I'm Empress now.

Guess which elderly bitch no longer is!

by Anonymousreply 155July 18, 2021 10:07 PM

[quote] Why is it so terrible that she can't just live a separate life in a different wing?

And do what? It's not like she can make new friends or find a new and fulfilling career.

She would only be a bird in a gilded cage, a beautiful sight to see.

by Anonymousreply 156July 18, 2021 10:10 PM

I for one would welcome that whale fucking other women. They can satisfy his physical needs while I work on my own in the middle of spending lots of his money.

Question, is it agains the law for her to cheat because maybe he caught her cheating and if she returns she'll be sent to theri version of the tower.

by Anonymousreply 157July 18, 2021 10:13 PM

You guys are delusional if you think Charlene has any leverage with Albert or that Meghan could have married him. Charlene know she’ll meet her maker as soon as she pisses him off and thus treads carefully and stays thousands of miles away

by Anonymousreply 158July 18, 2021 10:44 PM

R145, that’s the aide de camp’s hotel room.

by Anonymousreply 159July 18, 2021 11:07 PM

The Grimaldi clan is so tragically tacky.

by Anonymousreply 160July 18, 2021 11:13 PM

[quote] He needs a Kate. Someone that will smile through infidelity, do minimal charity work, shop, look pretty, pop out kids, and remain quiet.

Yes, that’s what he got and now she’s bolted. See, William didn’t spawn three illegitimate kids before he got married. There’s a limit to what the Kates of this world will put up with. Better to marry someone who has a more transactional attitude towards marriage. Who is used to acting thrilled to shake hands, who covets vast wealth and a glamorous life on the Côte d’Azur living in an actual palace. Someone aging out of their career who still feels driven to make their mark on the world but doesn’t want the heavy burden of a thousand years of precedent.

And now, if Megs plays her cards right…

by Anonymousreply 161July 18, 2021 11:22 PM

Albert's other kids were well known before Charlene showed up. Why would she care? And it's 2, not 40 like Nick Cannon

by Anonymousreply 162July 18, 2021 11:28 PM

[QUOTE] she went and lived with her jewel thief lover in France

yes but I believe she reconciled with Rainier in her senior years and was dedicated to social work projects.

by Anonymousreply 163July 19, 2021 12:48 AM

Like Monaco, the House of Lichtenstein is a principality and are also Serene Highnesses. You don't hear a peep out of them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164July 19, 2021 1:04 AM

The Liechtenstein family has nicer origins, dating back to the Holy Roman Empire. Not Italian pirates lol

by Anonymousreply 165July 19, 2021 7:05 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166July 19, 2021 12:34 PM

R166, is it possible that she had already signed the legal marriage contract before the ceremony, making calling it off a moot point? I’ve known some couples that had to complete the marriage certificates before the actual wedding, legally walking downtown he aisle already married. That’d explain forcing her to come back.

by Anonymousreply 167July 19, 2021 1:06 PM

R144 - thank you for posting this video. I watched it and couldn't help thinking how out of place Charlene looks. I don't think she likes the job of being Princess of Monaco at all. She looks ill at ease in public and she really doesn't dress appropriately for certain public functions. She's often too casual for the occasion. Of course, the video was taken early on in their marriage so hopefully she relaxed more as time went on.

by Anonymousreply 168July 19, 2021 3:12 PM

[quote]I for one would welcome that whale fucking other women. They can satisfy his physical needs while I work on my own in the middle of spending lots of his money.

R168 is likely right; it's not just fucking other women. She probably doesn't care- she seems very ill at ease, so she likely has some anxiety issues and if he discretely fucked other women, she probably wouldn't mind - it's that he's so messy about it & continually humiliates her in a situation she's uncomfortable with in the first place.

In that video, Monaco just seems so tacky & garish - like Vegas By The Sea; I can see where an insecure person from another country would be a fish out of water in that place.

by Anonymousreply 169July 19, 2021 4:24 PM

[quote] a beautiful sight to see

Not with her current haircut.

by Anonymousreply 170July 19, 2021 4:41 PM

I posted the video, this is r144. I agree r170 the country looks so tacky especially with its 1950s to 1960s apartments everywhere and geriatrics as far as the eye can see.

The palace is also a hot mess. Most royal family had the good sense to do an upgrade or rebuild on one public residence sometime before WWI killed all the fun and privileges. They only attractive building in Monaco is the casino and even that’s a bit garish.

People act like it’s romantic but Monaco looks like one of the least romantic well known Riviera cities. I had to laugh at the prince being called an environmentalist when his country hardly has green space, he takes private keys, and they have high polluting yachts lay anchor on their port 365 days a year.

Beyond that, the country seems ridiculous. No wonder Queen Elizabeth didn’t attend Grace’s wedding.

But, Charline is South African and those are some weird fucking people, especially the white folks over there. It’s no wonder she’s fuck this up. Yes, they did a shot of her early in the documentary where they due that sad wave from the window. From behind, her suit doesn’t fit at all and made her look like a linebacker due to her swimmer shoulders. They are next door to France with access to Parisian designers, there is no excuse for her looking horrible.

She did great with her wedding dress, but she is no fashion icon.

by Anonymousreply 171July 19, 2021 6:11 PM

Private jets ^

by Anonymousreply 172July 19, 2021 6:11 PM

Grace envisioned her children marrying into the oldest royal dynasties in Europe. What a slap in the eye this all would have been to her.

by Anonymousreply 173July 19, 2021 6:16 PM

R82 the former Princess Tessie of Nassau got shared custody and was awarded primary physical custody.

by Anonymousreply 174July 19, 2021 6:41 PM

R99 Topical cocaine is widely used in head/neck surgery/ENT as an anesthetic. No special permission from the DEA is needed as it is a schedule II.

I am a buprenorphine prescriber and I did have to get permission from the DEA and was given a special DEA # needed to rx buprenorphine..

by Anonymousreply 175July 19, 2021 7:02 PM

R124 The daughter of airline stewards/granddaughter of coal minors/laborers will become Queen one day. First a reformed whore will get to be Queen consort or whatever Charles want to call her.

In the US we celebrate people who have overcome various obstacles and achieved success.

I remember how folks like you mocked Kate for her background and lack of work history.

by Anonymousreply 176July 19, 2021 7:13 PM

[quote]I remember how folks like you mocked Kate for her background and lack of work history.

DL is a big place; there's room to mock all kinds of people. Actually, by & large people seem sympathetic to Charlene and hope she's able to make a new life for herself, preferably one with a better haircut & stylist

by Anonymousreply 177July 19, 2021 7:57 PM

I can imagine Charlene divorcing Albert II and remarrying some rich land baron in Zimbabwe or South Africa. That seems more up her alley than being the Princess Consort of Monaco.

by Anonymousreply 178July 19, 2021 7:57 PM

That might be the best outcome for Albert. A contentedly remarried ex-wife usually causes the least about of trouble.

by Anonymousreply 179July 19, 2021 8:53 PM

It depends.

by Anonymousreply 180July 19, 2021 10:13 PM

Maybe she will take up with a black S African.

by Anonymousreply 181July 19, 2021 10:27 PM

I’m pretty sure she’ll lose the HSH if she divorces.

by Anonymousreply 182July 20, 2021 1:53 AM

Hefty shit head?

Oh, yeah.

by Anonymousreply 183July 20, 2021 3:47 AM

This photo says it all. Look at that look on her face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184July 28, 2021 9:14 PM

Caroline is 64 and has the arms of a 90 yo. And can't be fucked to wear a foundation garment.

by Anonymousreply 185July 28, 2021 9:24 PM

^^^ because she believed every word that Kunty Karl Lagerfeld said when he told her she was rapturously beautiful and didn’t need such things.

by Anonymousreply 186July 29, 2021 12:29 AM

Lagerfeld was winding her up.

by Anonymousreply 187July 29, 2021 1:24 AM

[quote] it's not just fucking other women.

If the rumors are true, Charlene’s lucky if he’s fucking other women.

by Anonymousreply 188July 29, 2021 1:52 AM

R188, what rumors?

by Anonymousreply 189July 29, 2021 9:14 AM

For whatever their faults, there was clearly a time when the sex was good between Harry & Smegs, thus Harry's willingness to make a fool of himself on her behalf. Charlene & Fat Albert, however, have always looked more like a business deal than a real couple, with one side of the deal clearly cracking under the strain of the arrangement. Actually I thought it would be awesome if she came out as a lesbian, got a really butch girlfriend & declared to the world she was done living a lie with an abusive creep. Now that would be an interesting story

by Anonymousreply 190July 29, 2021 9:44 AM

R190 Nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 191July 29, 2021 10:32 AM

Except that this thread is about Charlene and Albert, not Meghan and Harry.

by Anonymousreply 192July 29, 2021 11:55 AM

r190 it seems so odd that she could be stressed. Their country is smaller than every US state and European nation outside of the Vatican. There isn' that much that she has to do beyond fucking him and wave to crowds. I'm no Kate or William fan, but I can say that their jobs are 10x more demanding than the Princess of Monaco. There can't possibly be that much shit gong on in that little country to stress a bitch out. She has staff, she has money, she has some freedoms, she has Paris as an escape.

I swear her job is probably as demanding as that of a governor's wife. It ain't that deep.

by Anonymousreply 193July 29, 2021 1:23 PM

Yeah and diplomacy for Monaco is handled by France, so it’s not like they have to do official state visits from other heads of state. There can’t be much for the consort to do. Albert, on the other hand, basically has a CEO job, running the place with more personal power than his fellow sovereigns.

by Anonymousreply 194July 29, 2021 2:19 PM

He has an heir and spare, she does not even need to fuck him now. Just hold onto the shreds of her sanity and make an occasional public appearance. Stay married for heir legitimacy. Not much required.

by Anonymousreply 195July 29, 2021 2:49 PM

R195 I think it's far too late for pretence, and a divorce would have no bearing on the children's position te the succession.

by Anonymousreply 196July 29, 2021 3:08 PM

I wouldn't even bother with divorce. No matter what she'd be "living in sin" so she might as well enjoy a lover or two an come to an agreement with her husband.

She's got a sweet deal and if it sucks she should explain what the issue is.

by Anonymousreply 197July 29, 2021 3:28 PM

[quote]Except that this thread is about Charlene and Albert, not Meghan and Harry.

Yes, I know - I was simply using them to make a point that whatever their mutual dysfunction, they looked like they adored each other when the first came on the scene. Even Kate & William seem very much like good friends/partners, if not exactly lovey dovey.

Not only did these two never look like that, Charlene perpetually looks as if Albert just let a particularly rank fart. I'm just suggesting that a happier twist to this tale is that Charlene really lets her freak flag fly & drops the princess pretense that *everyone* knows is fake

by Anonymousreply 198July 29, 2021 4:48 PM

He was such an idiot to pick her as a spouse. He could have found plenty of PR friendly girls willing to pretend like they are in love with his bald fat self. But no, he gets a woman that detests him.

She was also gold digging when she reached out after his father died. Two selfish people both miserable and stuck in a marriage is karma. Actually, he seems unbothered so she ended up playing herself.

by Anonymousreply 199July 29, 2021 4:51 PM

What's the saying? If you marry for money, you'll earn every penny.

by Anonymousreply 200July 29, 2021 4:52 PM

I think it's safer to fly with her sinus issues than it is to live in South Africa right now. I wonder what kind of security arrangements she has. She's a valuable target.

by Anonymousreply 201July 29, 2021 5:15 PM

She’s the wife of a Head of State, she must have very good security.

by Anonymousreply 202July 29, 2021 5:20 PM

How is she the villain in this story? He sounds like scum.

by Anonymousreply 203July 29, 2021 7:27 PM

She's not a villain but she's also not a victim. She could have walked away and nearly did before the wedding. She let money win out and now she's living with the consequences. She was no prisoner and could have even asked to leave while walking down the aisle when the TV cameras were on.

She barely took the time to learn French so we know she was not in this for love or duty, just cold hard cash.

by Anonymousreply 204July 29, 2021 7:32 PM

Grace’s French wasn’t perfect, from what I’ve read

by Anonymousreply 205July 29, 2021 7:51 PM

She's a tall, old world Britney. I think she's nuts.

by Anonymousreply 206July 29, 2021 8:17 PM

Seriously. We all say for that amount of money I could put up with anything.

But let's assume Albert and his trail of megasperm is just too much, with bastard babies popping up with alarming consistency. The only thing you can count on is keeping up appearances, future litigation and really awkward Christmases.

Could you live with an asshole like that, in luxury, but with limits on your privacy, presumably less than fond of your fertile husband, certain whenever he's just popping out for a carton of Chateau Neuf du Pape he's probably nailing three woman and the homeless lady on the streetcorner while he's gone.

She's living (feebly) for that much money I could put up with... doesn't seem to be enough.

Unless she's just nuts.

by Anonymousreply 207July 29, 2021 8:22 PM

She deveplopped a laid li-hic-fe schlur, R205. Coulda been an early warming schtroke. She had a bad one. Kilt her.

by Anonymousreply 208July 29, 2021 8:24 PM

The Princely Palace isn’t as large as Buckingham but it’s big enough for Charlene to avoid Albert. They could carve out an apartment for her. Monaco is so small that it she lived in a luxury gated home like Caroline and Stephanie it would be noticed.

by Anonymousreply 209July 29, 2021 8:31 PM

r207 based on the scenario you mentioned, we wouldn't have gone into the marriage in love with him, maybe we would be fond of him, but not in love. She clearly wasn't hence trying to be a runaway bride. So him having bastards would be of no concern to me as long as I produced a male heir. She did that, so his cheating isn't her concern. Emotionally shut down, find a hot Italian or S. African lover (I assume she ridding one as I type). Do what all royal heads of state do after the love runs dry, live separate wings of the palace and put on the fake persona everyone else uses for their colleagues at work.

Sure, their palace is butt ugly, but they have a fabulous home just outside of Monaco. Use that as your home base and come home only when needed. Kids will be sent to Switzerland for boarding school, so you don't even have to worry about the brats for much longer.

by Anonymousreply 210July 29, 2021 8:34 PM

Yeah, unless she loved him, which seems very unlikely, why would she care about his cheating? Focus on the jewelry and your kids

by Anonymousreply 211July 29, 2021 8:39 PM

The palace is not that ugly. The problem is that was cobbled together with additions of different building styles in the last 500 years or so, and sits on a weird uneven rock, so it doesn’t look consistent. The inside looks nice, very French and aristocratic. Not tacky like a Trump residence. The family chateau in France is gorgeous though, as is their hilltop retreat that Grace was driving from when she had her accident.

by Anonymousreply 212July 29, 2021 8:42 PM

Isn't she missing her kids? Don't they matter to her? They obviously need their mother growing up. She should come up with some alternative to living in South Africa. Couldn't she live separately in Monaco or France?

by Anonymousreply 213July 29, 2021 8:52 PM

I remember reading some gossip site years back that said that Charlene mostly lives in a villa outside of Monaco on the French Riviera and could occasionally be seen surfing (but with a large security detail in tow). I don’t know why she’s tantruming now. She lived with Al for YEARS before marrying him. She test drove the man and knew what she was getting into. I get it, a new illegitimate kid has popped up, but it was born before they were married. Big fucking deal, where there were two, now’s there three. They’re no threat to her or her kids’ fortunes.

by Anonymousreply 214July 29, 2021 8:54 PM

I would've been his trophy wife but...I don't have a uterus

by Anonymousreply 215July 29, 2021 9:17 PM

You're a good sport, R215.

by Anonymousreply 216July 29, 2021 9:19 PM

Interesting tidbit about Charlene, Albert bought her two weird custom made tiaras for a wedding gift. She wore one the night of her wedding ball, and the other not at all. Not for state portraits, not for the Rose Ball, and not for when she attended the gala wedding for Sweden’s Princess Madeline. I don’t think she felt comfortable in the trappings of a princess. Also, Albert could have loaned her some of Grace’s small but exquisite jewel collection, but he never has. Only Caroline gets to wear those, and those of her grandmother Princess Charlotte.

by Anonymousreply 217July 29, 2021 10:23 PM

Why didn't Prince Albert get a vasectomy once the heirs were born? Or does he enjoy humiliating Charlene? Could've put some sperm in storage in case of tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 218July 29, 2021 10:43 PM

[quote] [R188], what rumors?

I don’t want to get this thread shut down but *allegedly* he is, shall we say, a less than tender, giving lover.

by Anonymousreply 219July 30, 2021 1:31 AM

I don't think she's having a tantrum or upset with his cheating. I think she's cray-cray and could not be talked into getting treatment in France or Switzerland. She's not thinking this through logically and it's not passion or jealousy that motivates her. So it's got to be craziness.

by Anonymousreply 220July 30, 2021 2:50 AM

Thanks, R219. I did wonder if it was what you mentioned or whether it was something to do with his health and a three-letter acronym.

by Anonymousreply 221July 30, 2021 9:29 AM

Maybe she didn't bargain ffg or the emotional isolation.

Why would anyone expect Albert, son of a mother who married for ambition, a father who married to get his little tinpot country a marquee attraction (they barely knew each other when he proposed, it was clearly a business arrangement), from the sleazy environs of the Pink Palace, with two sisters unable to identify a decent man if they tripped over him . . . after a life of self-indulgence and self-absorption with no accountability, too suddenly locate a warm, emotionally stable, dedicated, level-headed woman and form anything like a functional family?

Exactly what role model did any of the Monegasque kids have at home? All three of them went off the rails early.

Asking why Charlene didn't just placidly shut up, take the money, enjoy the wealth and status, is to avoid looking at the elephant in the room.

These people are nuts.

by Anonymousreply 222July 30, 2021 10:26 AM

Grace would be so disappointed in her progeny if she had lived long enough. But like r222 said, she played a huge part in their dysfunction.

by Anonymousreply 223July 30, 2021 5:23 PM

Grimaldi should have had the two daughters publicly executed for adultery/fornication. Good to revive one's country's traditions!

by Anonymousreply 224July 30, 2021 7:36 PM

R224 - to be fair, you would have to include Rainier and Grace on the execution list and quite probably the current ruler Albert.

by Anonymousreply 225July 30, 2021 9:01 PM

Monacodavia!

by Anonymousreply 226July 30, 2021 9:03 PM

R225 Europe would sadly have no monarchies if the Kings/ Royal Princes self-executed themselves for adultery/fornication.

by Anonymousreply 227July 31, 2021 2:05 AM

Charlene thinks she'll be back in Monaco in October. WTF?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228July 31, 2021 12:09 PM

So bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 229July 31, 2021 12:25 PM

Charlene needs a Julia Sugarbaker in her life, someone who will ask her, "I'm sorry, Charlene, but have you JUST com-puh-LETE-ly lost yuhr MAAH-nd?"

by Anonymousreply 230July 31, 2021 12:32 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231August 3, 2021 1:16 PM

The not being able to fly story is BS. During the Iraq war, very injured military were medevac'd to Walter Reed, guys that were dying. Surely Fat Albert could arrange a medevac for Charlene, with her "sinus" problems.

by Anonymousreply 232August 3, 2021 2:00 PM

That video was weird; she sounded more passionate about the Olympics than her kids. She's definitely had some bad plastic surgery, though I guess she's also without the aid of a glam squad. Very strange woman...

by Anonymousreply 233August 3, 2021 5:05 PM

Hell, she could take a luxurious yacht back to Monaco

by Anonymousreply 234August 3, 2021 8:22 PM

Good idea, R234. Somebody sounds like she needs a visit to Isle of Greece.

by Anonymousreply 235August 3, 2021 8:42 PM

You know, you think about someobody like Hillary, who suffered mightily and toughed it out. Wives of powerful men these days, they're babies. They make me puke.

by Anonymousreply 236August 3, 2021 8:50 PM

She’s the Princess of Monaco, a quarter of the country have yachts and mega yacht anchored off shore, not one of those gas guzzlers could pick her up from South Africa? If those trashy people on Below Deck can charter for a couple of day, then this crazy rich family can get the future reigning prince’s mother home.

by Anonymousreply 237August 3, 2021 10:45 PM

R236 Hillary stopped being Bill’s wife when he ran for President. From then on she was basically an advisor that he occasionally fucked more than a wide. Those two are stuck in a long-term business contract with their love of power holding them together. So it’s easy for Hillary because she was passionate and had a plan. This chick and most royals have no plan beyond money, money, power, and money. When shit don’t work out, they freak.

by Anonymousreply 238August 3, 2021 10:47 PM

Perhaps Below Deck could convince Charlene to take their ship back to Monaco. Maybe a romance between Capt Shandy and her could develop...

by Anonymousreply 239August 3, 2021 10:51 PM

Perhaps this is a shakedown.

I mean, she knew exactly who and what he was when she married him. To kick up a fuss now seems strange.

Or, she's having a breakdown.

She definitely has breakdown hair, so it's possible.

by Anonymousreply 240August 3, 2021 10:54 PM

I think compassion is in order.

by Anonymousreply 241August 3, 2021 11:59 PM

R221, ooh, I hadn’t heard that rumor, what do you know?

What I have seen is DL removing unflattering posts about Albert in the past. It’s kind of flattering his people care so much about little ol’ us!

by Anonymousreply 242August 4, 2021 12:47 AM

Transitioning is the PERFECT way to escape him!

by Anonymousreply 243August 4, 2021 1:58 AM

It's truly bizarre--how does she know she'll be well in October? Yeah, they're definitely broken up.

by Anonymousreply 244August 4, 2021 2:10 AM

r161- what do you mean "play her cards right"? I'm confused.

by Anonymousreply 245August 4, 2021 2:52 AM

The haircut she's now sporting is truly tragic.

by Anonymousreply 246August 4, 2021 8:31 PM

She is morphing into a giant emaciated gnome.

by Anonymousreply 247August 4, 2021 8:34 PM

A timeline of Charlene's absence from Monaco.

Interesting tidbit : Charlene revealed that her infection was due to a dental operation to implant a prothesis. The Princess had to have her gums altered, and that surgery led to a serious infection, complicated by the airplane journey.

WTF is she doing to herself?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248August 6, 2021 4:52 PM

[quote]Charlene revealed that her infection was due to a dental operation to implant a prothesis.

That could just be a dental implant, right?

I'd get 'em too if I had her money. (See dentures thread.)

by Anonymousreply 249August 6, 2021 8:25 PM

An announcement from Monaco.

"Today, Friday 13 August, Her Serene Highness Princess Charlene of Monaco will undergo a four-hour operation under general anesthesia. His Serene Highness Prince Albert II and their children, Crown Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella will join Her during her convalescence".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250August 13, 2021 1:52 PM

Perhaps it’s as simple as no one has asked if she’s OK. I mean, we’ve all seen how devastating and consequential that has been in other scenarios…

by Anonymousreply 251August 13, 2021 2:33 PM

Four hours? Under general anesthesia? For an infection?

I don't think so, a four-hour operation under general anesthesia is to remove organs, hysterectomies, or cancers, or for heart surgery, things like that. Not for "an infection".

Either she's got something far more serious that this "infection" business was a preparation for, or that "infection" has reached her heart muscle.

OR . . . paging COMA,

(or, for those of you far older, that old 1946 classic, GREEN FOR DANGER - containing two standout English hotties, Trevor Howard and Leo Genn, and the inimitable Alastair Sim).

by Anonymousreply 252August 13, 2021 5:19 PM

This is how you know tabloids and gossip are truly dead. 20 years ago, the Enquirer and all these other outlets would’ve gotten to the bottom of the story.

by Anonymousreply 253August 15, 2021 4:30 PM

Any updates? A 4 hour surgery sounds serious.

by Anonymousreply 254August 15, 2021 5:55 PM

Yeah, wasn't the operation a day or two ago? There should have been an announcement.

by Anonymousreply 255August 15, 2021 5:58 PM

R3, “mentally fragile”?

Is that what we are calling being forced into marrying a little fat, entitled, troll against your will, who wears a crown and sits on a bedazzled chair, nowadays?

Gotcha. 👌🏽

by Anonymousreply 256August 15, 2021 6:06 PM

small update

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257August 16, 2021 4:09 PM

I bet she comes out of the operation played by an entirely new Charlene!

by Anonymousreply 258August 16, 2021 4:21 PM

[quote]I bet she comes out of the operation played by an entirely new Charlene!

That would be very on brand: Albert announces that the old Charlene wasn't working out and could not be reconfigured (shock treatments didn't work), so a brand new Charlene has signed for the Royal Beard contract. New Charlene has new & improved sinuses and some fresh tit implants. Welcome to the family, Charlene 2.0!

by Anonymousreply 259August 16, 2021 4:29 PM

You can't fool DLers.

Here she comes: Stepford Charlene!

by Anonymousreply 260August 16, 2021 5:06 PM

R259 - New tits? Close, but no cigar.

See ^

by Anonymousreply 261August 16, 2021 5:07 PM

Will she be replaced by Carlene?

by Anonymousreply 262August 16, 2021 5:10 PM

In the photos at R231, looks like she had huge lip implants (lower, esp.) or injections put in.

by Anonymousreply 263August 16, 2021 5:18 PM

Sadly, Charlene's 4 hour head transplant operation may be the most interesting thing about her.

by Anonymousreply 264August 16, 2021 5:26 PM

If she next appears in a large flowery hat and ankle-length tea dress, smiling sweetly - call the police.

by Anonymousreply 265August 16, 2021 5:29 PM

Maybe it was a botched plastic surgery?

by Anonymousreply 266August 18, 2021 3:23 AM

They must have the best security money csn buy to both be in SA at the same time. Wht bother with the announcement in such troubled times?

by Anonymousreply 267August 18, 2021 7:45 AM

Still no word?

by Anonymousreply 268August 18, 2021 7:54 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269August 22, 2021 1:40 PM

R269 - You know, this story really has turned into something genuinely creepy. Why the fuck would the Palace release an IG anything in light of Charlene's total disappearance from the country, conflicting stories about why, mention of an operation but no news about it . . .

This is really an unhealthy story.

by Anonymousreply 270August 22, 2021 2:44 PM

I wonder if she's using her absence as some sort of negotiating tool with Fat Albert ("give me what I want or I tell the world what a sham our lives & the lives of your sisters are!"), so the Palace - clearly a bunch of inept bunglers that even the Harkles wouldn't hire - keep putting fake stories out there to throw everyone off the scent & decrease her leverage. Clearly all of this is a bunch of invented drama for some purpose, but it's a like a soap opera trying to figure out what all this nonsense is really about

by Anonymousreply 271August 22, 2021 9:11 PM

They released a video today showing Albert and Charlene with their twins when they were about two - how strange! The Daily Mail had an article, but it had no real news in it.

by Anonymousreply 272August 22, 2021 10:52 PM

R272 - I see a film here, with Elizabeth Debicki as Charlene and Russell Crowe as Albert, and Kristin Scott Thomas as Caroline.

The vain attempts to put some sort of ordinary spin on this, e.g., health issues, are staggeringly unpersuasive. It's impossible to suppose the Monegasque royals don't know that.

Did she really flee? Was she allowed to flee because she's having a complete mental breakdown (the bizarre haircut last winter would have been a clue) and they figured they could control the breakdown story out better from South Africa than Monaco? Or, was this planned from the get-go: she gives him a couple of kids, spends a few years doing the necessary to create the image of a family and doing the First Lady of Monaco bit, then a crisis is precipitated that lets her out of the game, and she gets a huge payoff and visitation, in return for silence as she goes off to live her own life again?

Does anyone really picture her leading the Rose Ball again?

by Anonymousreply 273August 23, 2021 2:02 PM

Those twins resemble changelings.

by Anonymousreply 274August 23, 2021 6:32 PM

Or is it the Red Cross Ball?

by Anonymousreply 275August 24, 2021 2:32 AM

Judging from these photos and the caption, Gabriella seems to have her mother's special gift for butchering her hair. Yikes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276August 25, 2021 12:08 PM

Modeling mummy or something? Yeesh.

by Anonymousreply 277August 25, 2021 1:12 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278August 25, 2021 1:29 PM

Good lord, those photos look as staged as . . . they probably are.

This is a quite interesting story. I'm still leaning toward a complete mental breakdown from Charlene. She's been in treatment for three months and is probably being pumped full of antipsychotic drugs and antidepressants prior to being hauled home.

Jesus. I hope I live long enough to read the expose after the kids turn 18.

by Anonymousreply 279August 25, 2021 1:36 PM

Even with being staged: Charlene seems to be clinging to the girl for dear life, who looks she has 0 fucks to give for mummy she hasn't seen for months. Albert looks fat & old - like he's some old uncle & not their dad. No one looks happy, given that the photographer probably tried desperately to coax a smile out of at least the kids.

Very weird indeed

by Anonymousreply 280August 25, 2021 1:42 PM

The last two photos of Albert and Charlene are quite pathetic. They both look really bad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281August 25, 2021 4:11 PM

Link does not work, R281. Do you have another?

by Anonymousreply 282August 25, 2021 4:17 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283August 25, 2021 4:19 PM

Pss. Gabriella looks like she could be the twin sister of Damien Thorn.

The attempt at Happy Families, as it so often does, only enhances instead of redirects the very story the attempt is meant to counter.

I suppose they have to do it. But it never amazes me that they either they don't grasp that it doesn't work, or worse, don't care.

In the long run, they're probably right not to care. What is the public going to do, gather in front of the Pink Palace holding up placards saying, We Want the Truth!

Charlene's fate is either horrible or will end up being good enough through the compensation of wealth. Albert will die rich, fat, and happy. Jacques and Gabriella will turn into sullen teens making headlines the way their father, aunts, and cousins have. Jacques will find some nice girl to marry. The tabloids will carry their dog-eared "Fairy tale wedding!" headlines.

And it will just - go on.

by Anonymousreply 284August 25, 2021 4:27 PM

Thanks, R283.

by Anonymousreply 285August 25, 2021 4:28 PM

She’s a carpet muncher. The sham marriage and her alleged drug habit and his many hoes wanting him to make them his new cunt wife was too much. She abandoned her kids so FUCK her for putting herself and that HEINOUS haircut first. Hope the stink box she’s eating tastes like candy.

by Anonymousreply 286August 25, 2021 10:30 PM

Charlene is transitioning from Female to Elf.

by Anonymousreply 287August 26, 2021 3:53 AM

Terrible cosmetic procedures.

by Anonymousreply 288August 26, 2021 9:18 AM

I have questions about Monaco. Do relatively many normal, non-rich people live there? Are the residents families who have been there forever? It’s so small, I can’t imagine what the populace is like. What’s the housing situation? Is there any poverty or crime? It doesn’t seem like a place where anyone just goes to live.

by Anonymousreply 289August 26, 2021 9:26 AM

Monaco is tiny and has only 40,00 residents - only about 10,000 of which are native Monégasque nationals.

It is a tax haven, so shady folks who don't want to pay taxes in their own countries flock there. The economy is driven by this as well as gambling and banking/money laundering.

by Anonymousreply 290August 26, 2021 10:23 AM

I remember reading somewhere that the casinos in Monte Carlo are run by the russian mafia, so between that & the people using the place as some kind of tax dodge, Fat Albert & the gang's sole purpose is to lend some glamour & respectability to the place while the shenanigans go on behind the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 291August 26, 2021 11:29 AM

R286 She didn't abandon her kids. She has virtually no rights and no power with respect to them. They are the property of the Monegasque royal family. A present Mum having a nervous breakdown and miserable as hell isn't likely a better choice than a Mum with visitation rights who is happier.

Maternal depression is one of the highest predictors of fucked up kids and bad school performance in early childhood.

If you want to get technical, she abandoned them deep down the moment she agreed to serve as Albert's late life broodmare.

Having Mum around doesn't offset a horribly loveless marriage.

I am convinced that one reason Prince Harry was such an emotional train wreck was because he was born as his parent's marriage was collapsing and his mother profoundly depressed. His conception was probably the last time the Wales' slept together. William's early years were during the time that Diana was genuinely happy, and the marriage still hung together. Harry drew the short straw all the way around. And yet, Diana didn't abandon him.

Happier mothers make better mothers. Charlene gets the blame for making the ghastly bargain in the first place, not for saving her own life when it proved mentally lethal instead of tolerable.

by Anonymousreply 292August 26, 2021 12:05 PM

Bless your deluded soul [292] but Harry isn’t Charles kid. He’s Major James Hewitts. But yes Diana was in a loveless sham marriage but she was smart enough to not allow anyone to raise her kids but her first. She wanted them to be decent humans before royals. The royal cunts didn’t and she was murdered because of it (and she was pregnant with a half muslim baby by Dodi Al Fayed whose father had proof and the Royal Family LOATHED him for owning Harris’s among other things non British) she was depressed but tired to be the best mother yet Charlene knew why she married this fat ugly balding royal who has a kid in every town. She isn’t even into men. She made two kids for a title and money. Now they will be the ones who suffer. And her haircut is shit.

by Anonymousreply 293August 26, 2021 1:31 PM

Oh, please. Take a look at Philip as a young man and Harry. His grandson is the spit of him. Harry has the same close-set Mountbatten eyes as his father and grandfather. The Hewitt story is bullshit and always has been.

by Anonymousreply 294August 26, 2021 1:55 PM

R293 - The only deluded person on this thread is you. Harry looks more like Charles and Philip every day - Diana didn't even meet Hewett until after Harry was born. But, hey, if it makes you happier to believe that Harry's resemblance to Charles and Philip is just a happy coincidence, by all means don't let facts get in your way. Rinse, repeat: Diana first me Hewett AFTER Harry was born.

by Anonymousreply 295August 26, 2021 3:09 PM

If Char gets divorced from Fat Albert, she’ll lose her HSH and her secondary titles such as Duchess of Valentois and Countess of Caraledes. But there’s no reason why her kids will lose any of that.

She’ll be known as Charlene, Princess of Monaco. Much like Sarah, Duchess of York and Diana, Princess of Wales. Not too bad, but she may choose to not use that style at all.

by Anonymousreply 296August 26, 2021 3:09 PM

OMG, a full-blown Diana Conspiracy Theorist! They Murdered Her! Harry is Hewett's! She was pregnant with Fayed's baby! (by the way, there is no such thing as a half-Muslim baby. Islam is a religion, not a race - such a child would have been half-Egyptian or half-Arab, but not half-Muslim).

As Diana had shown herself quite capable of using contraception, and was clearly on the rebound from Hasnat Khan and just amusing herself over a summer in which she had no place else to go, and her two sons hated Fayed . . . the unproven rumour for which there is NOT A SHRED OF EVIDENCE is even more ludicrous than the Harry is Hewett's.

Get a life. Go back to Tumblr.

by Anonymousreply 297August 26, 2021 3:13 PM

Charlene is trans.

by Anonymousreply 298August 26, 2021 3:17 PM

Who gave Gabrielle those vile bangs?

by Anonymousreply 299August 26, 2021 6:14 PM

Apparently, she cut them herself but her mother tried fixing them. Maybe she wanted to be like mommy?

by Anonymousreply 300August 26, 2021 6:40 PM

WTF doesn't Albert get into shape? He's been carrying that gut around forever.

by Anonymousreply 301August 26, 2021 7:06 PM

R301 - the sad thing is that Albert was very slim and athletic when he was younger. He also had lots of blond hair. Unless he has some medical problem, he's let himself go very badly.

by Anonymousreply 302August 26, 2021 7:13 PM

[quote] Posters saying that are just giving him benefits as a white blond man.

STFU, idiot.

by Anonymousreply 303August 26, 2021 8:17 PM

Hewitt’s manager Max Clifford says he and Diana were together 2 years before Harry was born

by Anonymousreply 304August 26, 2021 8:33 PM

Harry looks just like Charles. Can't believe anyone doubts his paternity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305August 26, 2021 8:40 PM

It’s pretty normal for kids to get hold of scissors and give themselves haircuts. I wanted bangs and did them myself and they came out so much shorter than I thought they would. My mother, uncharacteristically, had nothing to say about it and just shook her head.

by Anonymousreply 306August 26, 2021 8:40 PM

Somebody needs to Photoshop Harry with brown hair instead of red. Do that, and the resemblance to Charles would knock you over--same eyes, same nose, same long face and thin lips. Diana may have been fucking Hewitt earlier than she said, but the father of her two children is clearly Charles.

by Anonymousreply 307August 26, 2021 9:33 PM

Harry has Philip’s eyes but The lower half of Charles’ face. Not sure where the nose comes from.

by Anonymousreply 308August 26, 2021 10:45 PM

The nose is classic bony bridged Mountbatten. So are the beady, small eyes set too close to the bridge of the nose. In Philip, the flaws added up better, somehow. In Harry, the increasingly Mountbattenish look is just ugly.

If he'd been blond with that Viking look Philip had, it would have held up better. But under the frizzy balding ginger hair, and the Beta Male vibes getting stronger with every whinge, and every year married to Megdusa, it's just sad.

You can say what you like about Philip, but he radiated Alpha, and even at 13, the Queen could see it.

Man, Harry drew the short straw on everything, didn't he?

William looks like Diana, was born first, is taller, better looking, will be rich as Croesus when he inherits Charles' estate and Duchy, is popular in Britain, and also got the Alpha vibe.

No wonder Harry wants William dead.

For that matter, Charles is a Beta, too. He also on some level probably wants William dead. Charles may have the Alpha birth position, but inside he knows he's a Beta and that's why he's been as indulgent of Harry as he has been.

Somewhere inside himself, Charles sympathises with Harry.

by Anonymousreply 309August 27, 2021 11:25 PM

R305 Totally, waste of time to even talk about it. Now Justin Trudeau on the other hand....

by Anonymousreply 310August 28, 2021 5:37 AM

R309 Brilliant post! You’ve summed up Harry perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 311August 28, 2021 5:50 AM

[quote] William looks like Diana, was born first, is taller, better looking, will be rich as Croesus when he inherits Charles' estate and Duchy, is popular in Britain, and also got the Alpha vibe.

[quote] No wonder Harry wants William dead.

[quote] For that matter, Charles is a Beta, too. He also on some level probably wants William dead. Charles may have the Alpha birth position, but inside he knows he's a Beta and that's why he's been as indulgent of Harry as he has been.

[quote]Somewhere inside himself, Charles sympathises with Harry.

As R311 also wrote, your post, R309, is spot on.

You’ve distilled Wills, Charles and Harry (as well as Phil!) down to their essential aspects.

Thank God HMTQ has lived as long as she has (and may she continue on in good health) so that the reign of Charles is mercifully short.

And it is fortunate the Wills has it all and his beastly brother came in second.

Likely not easy for William to be sandwiched between two whinging betas who (secretly/not-so-secretly wish him ill.). Hopefully the Middletons can provide what his brother and father do not.

Don’t think it will be particularly easy for Will: he’s got his vindictive brother, father and the Yorks to contend with; but am trusting his alpha nature will deal with them appropriately.

by Anonymousreply 312August 28, 2021 6:52 AM

Elderfrau here! Albert was always balding and a bit fat as a young man. I never thought he was hot. Also could not determine why beauteous Grace married the fat swarthy Prince of Monaco.

by Anonymousreply 313August 28, 2021 7:23 AM

[quote] Also could not determine why beauteous Grace married the fat swarthy Prince of Monaco.

Frau cunt, would you have had less of a problem if she had married a fat but pale and more Northern European looking prince instead?

by Anonymousreply 314August 28, 2021 7:49 AM

R313 She was driven by a few things…to “make a bigger splash than a bunch of oars” (her father and brother were rowing champions, to escape Hollywood, which she later regretted, but at the time felt she was aging out of her career and lastly, to have a family of her own with someone her parents couldn’t object to as they had her two previous fiancées. Lastly she was a romantic and she had an initial spark with Ranier probably heavily influenced by his welcoming her to his very own palace.

by Anonymousreply 315August 28, 2021 10:46 AM

R304 Because Hewett's "manager" (that is, agent), wouldn't have the least personal investment in keeping that myth alive, would he, to shore up his client's staggering lack of real celebrity, now would he?

If Charles wanted to get Harry put of the way, hook line and sinker (no titles of any sort no titles for kids and out of the line of succession without a murmur from Parliament), all he'd have to do, if it were true, is pull the private DNA tests you KNOW were done on each kid when he was born.

And there goes St Diana, too, POUF!!

And there go Harry's claims of "genetic pain", too.

by Anonymousreply 316August 28, 2021 11:17 AM

^Even Diana wasn't that thick.

They knew they had to have a second kid. They were trying for one, she'd already had one miscarriage.

And she'd pick JUST that time to get careless. Especially knowing those secret DNA tests are done, in lieu of witnesses at the birth to swear no babies were swapped in the warming pan.

Next you'll be telling us that the earth really is flat.

by Anonymousreply 317August 28, 2021 11:25 AM

William is the son Philip wanted and the king the people of the UK want. Of course his father and brother resent the hell out of him. But that's on them for being whiny cunts.

by Anonymousreply 318August 28, 2021 1:46 PM

Andrew seems more alpha than Charles, but Andrew’s daughters are pretty beta.

by Anonymousreply 319August 29, 2021 12:57 AM

R319 - Not a bad call, although Andrew's pompous stupidity kind of eroded his edge in the Alpha department. You can slip down the Alpha totem pole, you know, it happens in primates and other social mammals, like wolves. William is in the enviable position: born into first place, with a few extra genetic cards thrown his way (mentally as well as physically), and smart enough not to blow the early advantage.

In Harry's position, he could still have been far more of an alpha as opposed to most other males: he was still sitting at the apex of the pyramid as a future King's son - still a very good catch, just as Andrew once was despite being born the Spare. It's all relative to the steps below one in this game.

Harry would always have lived a wealthy life, in lovely homes, his father and then his brother would have seen to that. His wife would always have enjoyed privilege, status, and social deference.

But it just wasn't enough to fill the gaping hole in his psyche or for Meghan's ambitions.

Looking around at the rest of the world, it's rather comical to hear these two complaining about how awful a life was that would have been absolutely blissful to most people who weren't, as Bette Davis said in "Now, Voyager", insisting on the moon as well as the stars.

"For pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall."

by Anonymousreply 320August 29, 2021 1:03 PM

Caroline seems to be the most Alpha of the Grimaldis, she wanted an HRH title so bad she married her best friends drunk mess husband to get it. She’s the undisputed First Lady of Monaco ever since her mother died, Charlene never had a chance.

by Anonymousreply 321August 29, 2021 2:16 PM

R321 I agree. Albert married someone guaranteed not to displace his sister, who's been running the family since Grace died. Charlene didn't stand a chance. She was there to give him kids and end his Suspicious Bachelor saga, and clean him up for the sake of the monarchy. Nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 322August 29, 2021 3:24 PM

How did a thread about Princess Charlene turn into a debate about Harry and Meghan? Why do people do this shit?

by Anonymousreply 323August 30, 2021 1:34 AM

Fat Albert looks really unwell in those photos...

by Anonymousreply 324August 30, 2021 3:35 AM

Daughter looks like Wednesday Addams.

by Anonymousreply 325August 30, 2021 5:43 AM

If anyone is bored and likes a good gossip read, this is amazing piece by Vanity Fair on the relationship breakdown between Caroline and Stephenie (circa 2003

Damn, gossip articles have really went down hill

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326August 30, 2021 7:02 AM

R325 When she grows up, she can get married to Oscar of Sweden. They can make a bunch of Damien-looking babies.

by Anonymousreply 327August 30, 2021 7:32 AM

Princess Charlene looks so unwell in those staged photos with Albert, is she dying?

by Anonymousreply 328August 30, 2021 9:02 AM

This family…the Grimaldi clan…so basic. But Stephanie, as tragic as she is, is true to herself. She doesn’t pretend.

I bet that Caroline wishes that she had used those knitting needles on Albert’s spawn when they were first born. Her plans to rule Monaco were sidelined permanently when they arrived. Do you think she would be a better ruler than Albert?

by Anonymousreply 329August 30, 2021 1:17 PM

R321 Princess Grace had always wanted Princess Caroline to marry Prince Ernst. After the death of Princess Caroline's 2nd husband, maybe she married Prince Ernst for security and money (like Jackie marrying Onassis after JFK's assassination) or thinking that her mother had been right.

by Anonymousreply 330August 30, 2021 2:29 PM

R326 Thank you. That was delightfully dishy. The Grimaldi’s were so good for gossip, now things just seem grim. Over in London we have spats over a funeral wreath and not a circus acrobat to be found.

by Anonymousreply 331August 30, 2021 11:29 PM

R144 I just watched the whole documentary, enjoyed it. Albert seems decent and hardworking. Charlene is quite beautiful in her scenes. It's too bad, whatever is happening now. How old is she, could she be having a tough time with menopause? I remember my mother lost it for a while.

by Anonymousreply 332August 31, 2021 3:48 AM

Thank you for posting that, r326. I had a subscription back then and managed to miss this article in the haze of 12 hour work days. I didn't realize how coddled Stephanie was and her relationship with Grace so dysfunctional. I wasn't aware of how many inappropriate men Stephanie plowed through. Their list of professions is almost comical. The Grimaldis come across as the most dysfunctional royal house in Europe.

Two things struck me about the article. One, how Paris Match has such detailed descriptions of conversations and interactions among family members. It's nothing like you'd read about other European royal houses. And two, that Ranier supposedly had hotel rooms wired and phones tapped and used the information in his autocratic rule. The author was warned that she would be followed.

by Anonymousreply 333August 31, 2021 8:40 AM

^Rainier

by Anonymousreply 334August 31, 2021 8:48 AM

of course, Rainier (and Albert) are the Absolute Monarchs of their tiny principality. They can make shit happen, such as having their secret police apprehend Charlene at the airport in Nice and drag her back to Monaco for the wedding, when they got wind that she was bolting.

by Anonymousreply 335August 31, 2021 8:51 AM

Rainier is dead of course, what I mean is that his autocracy continued with Albert.

by Anonymousreply 336August 31, 2021 8:52 AM

Well, the proverbial dors seem to be hitting the fan. Both the Telegraph and the TIMES now have stories up about the state of the royal marriage. Reputable commenters are bringing the subject up, and the Monegasque public said to be "losing faith" in Charlene. (Good Lord, it's not as if she has to lead armies into battle!)

If the broadsheets are printing it now, Albert and Charlene had better patch it up fast and drag her back to the Pink Palace.

Both papers have paywalls, I could only see the headlines and first paragraphs, apologies.

by Anonymousreply 337August 31, 2021 11:32 AM

I read the Telegraph article; they just seem to be stating the obvious: she looks like she's not coming back, the whole thing is weird & the marriage was probably fake anyway.

by Anonymousreply 338August 31, 2021 11:43 AM

I watched the documentary on Albert—it was probably linked upthread—and he seemed pleasant and capable but I remember watching the awful wedding where she was sobbing while a little girl sang to them and he just stood stiffly, ineffectually yanking on her arm to get her to stop crying. He hasn’t handled this latest situation any better.

by Anonymousreply 339August 31, 2021 12:07 PM

What a strange place Monaco is, a tiny town of the world's richest people, along with natives who have their own patois and culture. The Grimaldis must know every inch of the place. I'm curious, would like to make a day trip there from France one day (or Italy? close enough?). I assume it's insanely expensive to stay there.

by Anonymousreply 340August 31, 2021 12:20 PM

All the resorts on the south coast have day return coach trips to Monaco,well pre covid they did. It's scary going down that road and you see how narrow and steep it is. The guards at the palace are fun. r340

by Anonymousreply 341August 31, 2021 12:25 PM

R341 Oh shit, you mean the road where poor Grace.....?

by Anonymousreply 342August 31, 2021 12:30 PM

They better get this over with. He's a asshole, she's nuts... put it behind everybody.

by Anonymousreply 343August 31, 2021 12:47 PM

An.

by Anonymousreply 344August 31, 2021 12:51 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345August 31, 2021 12:52 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346August 31, 2021 12:55 PM

I'd say this dam has broken then.

by Anonymousreply 347August 31, 2021 12:56 PM

Has she attended the Red Cross Ball before or is this a signal that she’s his mistress again?

by Anonymousreply 348August 31, 2021 1:05 PM

Yes, she's attended the Red Cross Ball before.

The question is, can she keep on doing it year after year. She's obviously having problems with the sham marriage script.

by Anonymousreply 349August 31, 2021 1:56 PM

^*Alice Keppel, by the way, who was Camilla's great-grandmother, really said that in the late 1930s, observing the fracas over Prince Edward and Mrs Simpson.

Edward VII, I must say, had quite an eye. His three most famous mistresses, Lillie Langtry, Daisy Brooke, and Alice Keppel, were, if their portraits and photos are to be believed, truly beautiful women.

None of Albert's mistresses even come close to these women, and that's true of much of the rest of the mistress and wife lots around today.

Diana was the last of the nonboring lot, and crazy to boot, so it was fun. Charlene is no Diana.

Pinning my hopes on Princess Charlotte, who already has her Gran's legendary legs from recent photos.

by Anonymousreply 350August 31, 2021 2:04 PM

Apparently portions of the Princes Palace of Monaco date back to the 12th century, and like Windsor it’s been added on in a variety of building styles.

Was it really pink at one point? It looks like yellow sandstone to me, at least in this photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351August 31, 2021 2:18 PM

Albert should have let her go when she tried to bolt before the wedding. Who wants an unwilling bride?

by Anonymousreply 352August 31, 2021 2:20 PM

I think the Grimaldi country pile in France (‘l Château de Marchais) looks a lot more inviting than their palace in Monaco.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353August 31, 2021 2:22 PM

R346 It would behoove Miss Grimaldi to change the spelling of her first name.

by Anonymousreply 354August 31, 2021 8:39 PM

The DM says today that the Monegasques are starting to want to know what's going on. And there are reports that Charlene is house hunting in Johannesburg. Albert had his previous mistress and illegitimate son with him at some gathering.

by Anonymousreply 355August 31, 2021 11:18 PM

Does that son Alexandre look like part of the family?

by Anonymousreply 356September 1, 2021 1:14 AM

There are traces of Grace Kelly in his face, at least to my eyes. So odd, genetics.

by Anonymousreply 357September 1, 2021 2:54 AM

While I guess I'm not surprised, I've never read Caroline described as a such a battle axe bitch as the VF article in a previous post; so I guess you can see why Charlene cracked up. She's supposed to be this beautiful side piece for Fat Albert, push out a couple of kids (I think that little girl is too ugly for our evil little Oscar of Sweden), but never, EVER overshadow Caroline or she'll find a carving knife in her back. That would be tough

by Anonymousreply 358September 1, 2021 10:29 AM

it explains why Charlene has never worn any of Grace’s jewels, or Albert’s grandmother Charlotte’s. There are plenty of tiaras to go around, diamond necklaces, bracelets, clips, etc but only the de facto Princess of Monaco (Caroline) ever seems to wear them. The de jure Princess of Monaco wears light modern pieces which any wealthy woman can purchase right off the shelf at Van Cleef or Cartier, and has barely touched any of the hideous consolation prize jewelry her husband bought her for wedding gifts.

by Anonymousreply 359September 1, 2021 11:07 AM

I am not the tiara troll, but I think Charlene's diamond foam tiara/hair piece is delicate and lovely. The other tiara made for her and that wavey diamond necklace, not so much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360September 1, 2021 11:37 AM

Slightly off-topic but check out this photo and caption of Grace and Jackie. Can someone lend insight into their relationship?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361September 1, 2021 6:25 PM

The story was Princess Charlotte (Rainier’s mother) did not approve of Grace and Rainier’s marriage, as Grace was a commoner. Which is hilarious because Charlotte was born illegitimate to a lounge singer in Algeria and was only adopted when there was no suitable heir. When Charlotte died, she left all her jewelry to Caroline, NOT Grace. Which is probably where the weirdness of the jewels come in

by Anonymousreply 362September 1, 2021 8:11 PM

The jewelry Grace received as wedding gifts was pretty ugly. Aside from her engagement ring, most of her jewels were grim and she must not have felt comfortable resetting them.

by Anonymousreply 363September 1, 2021 10:04 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364September 1, 2021 11:11 PM

Jazmin really seems to enjoy being a Grimaldi. Work it, girl!

by Anonymousreply 365September 2, 2021 12:24 AM

Hmm. Alexandre and his beaming mother on the cover of Paris Match. What's with this sudden prominence? Charlene can't be thrilled about this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366September 2, 2021 12:42 AM

Wow, Alexandre looks a lot like his father.

by Anonymousreply 367September 2, 2021 1:37 AM

That VG article from 2003 makes me so miss that kind of gossip! Everything is so sanitized today.

by Anonymousreply 368September 2, 2021 1:44 AM

I'd love to be a fly on the wall, watching Caroline bust balls.

by Anonymousreply 369September 2, 2021 1:48 AM

The Grimaldis are my favorite Royal Family.

Do the other European Royals look down on them because they've all lived such tawdry lives and are half-American?

by Anonymousreply 370September 2, 2021 2:00 AM

Yes. Just look at who they sent to represent them at the wedding.

by Anonymousreply 371September 2, 2021 2:05 AM

What does Princess Stephanie do all day?

by Anonymousreply 372September 2, 2021 2:10 AM

Smokes and tans to a fine leather

by Anonymousreply 373September 2, 2021 2:13 AM

Will Albert give his love children some kind of titles? I'm not sure if they even have them in Monaco to give out.

by Anonymousreply 374September 2, 2021 2:17 AM

The little girl cut her bangs herself? Wasn't anyone watching that young child?

by Anonymousreply 375September 2, 2021 2:27 AM

I can only imagine what Princee Caroline thinks of Jazmin and Alexandre.

by Anonymousreply 376September 2, 2021 2:37 AM

R374 They don't care about that. They each will inherit 25 % of Fat Albert's fortune, as according to Euro Council rules, children out of wedlock have equal inheritance rights.

by Anonymousreply 377September 2, 2021 2:42 AM

How could Albert have been so careless? At least the children seem nice.

by Anonymousreply 378September 2, 2021 3:13 AM

R361, if I’m not mistaken Jackie felt that Jack was entranced by Grace and she was jealous he would try to fuck her. Jackie also felt that her NY Bouvier family roots were grander than Kelly’s Philly roots, as Kelly’s family were newer arrivals to the social sphere and were only a few generations away from working class. Jackie even felt her sister Lee’s marriage to a Polish prince (an HSH, like Grace) was grander as the Radziwill’s were important landowners under the old Imperial Russian system and were vassals to The Czar.

by Anonymousreply 379September 2, 2021 9:51 AM

Albert has a dozen or so additional titles in addition to Prince of Monaco, Marquis de Baux, and Comte de Polignac. He could easily bestow a comital title on his children, but for whatever reason chooses not to.

Albert and Charlene’s wedding was attended by the highest royals or their highest representatives:

Royalty from Reigning Dynasties

The King and Queen of Sweden The Crown Princess of Sweden and Prince Daniel, Duke of Västergötland Prince Carl Philip, Duke of Värmland Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland The King and Queen of the Belgians The Duke and Duchess of Brabant The Archduchess and Archduke of Austria-Este Prince Laurent and Princess Claire of Belgium The King of Lesotho The Grand Duke and Grand Duchess of Luxembourg The Hereditary Grand Duke of Luxembourg The King of Bafokeng[38] The Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Denmark (representing the Queen of Denmark) Prince Joachim and Princess Marie of Denmark The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima of the Netherlands (representing the Queen of the Netherlands) The Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Norway (representing the King of Norway) The Hereditary Prince and Hereditary Princess of Liechtenstein (representing the Prince of Liechtenstein) The Crown Prince of Bahrain (representing the King of Bahrain) The Earl and Countess of Wessex (representing the Queen of the United Kingdom) Prince and Princess Michael of Kent[39][40] Prince Faisal bin Al Hussein and Princess Sara Faisal of Jordan (representing the King of Jordan) Princess Lalla Meryem of Morocco (representing the King of Morocco) Sharifa Lalla Soukaïna Filali[41] Princess Sirivannavari Nariratana of Thailand (representing the King of Thailand)

Royalty from non-reigning dynasties

Empress Farah of Iran The Grand Duchess of Russia Grand Duke George Mikhailovich of Russia The Prince and Princess of Prussia[42] The Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Serbia The Prince and Princess of Naples The Prince and Princess of Venice The Crown Princess and Prince Radu of Romania The Duke and Duchess of Anjou The Count and Countess of Paris The Duke and Duchess of Braganza The Duke and Duchess of Castro The Margrave and Margravine of Baden The Hereditary Prince and Hereditary Princess of Baden The Landgrave of Hesse The Aga Khan Prince Leopold and Princess Ursula of Bavaria Prince Christian of Hanover Princess Virginia of Fürstenberg Donna Beatrice Borromeo

by Anonymousreply 380September 2, 2021 11:04 AM

[quote]I'd love to be a fly on the wall, watching Caroline bust balls.

I don't know...she sounds less like the Princess Anne "suffer no fools" type, than the tea throwing, where's my fucking crown, tantrum throwing Markle.

As far as Fat Albert's tendency sire unwed spawn literally all over the world, it's hard to say, but maybe he's got a bit of Prince Harry in him - a self-destructive streak that wants to break out of the gold cage he's in, but too weak to actually do it, so he acts out weird ways

by Anonymousreply 381September 2, 2021 11:17 AM

My concept of Princess Anne is not of a bitch, but rather someone so naturally, casually formidable that few dare to cross her. Caroline I can imagine as formidable in a cold bitch way, laying down her law, not a tea thrower. I like her though. She's had to be tough, more so than Anne I think. With all that money concentrated in one small space, Monaco must be a tough place.

by Anonymousreply 382September 2, 2021 12:41 PM

Yeah, I sympathize with Caroline. She was basically acting as the First Lady of Monaco when her brother was off doing his thing (and everything) and her sister ran off to join the circus. Plus, the amount of tragedy she’s suffered would have to change anyone

by Anonymousreply 383September 2, 2021 1:05 PM

Thank you r380. So vis à vis Europe, the kings of Sweden, Belgium and (Grand Duke of) Luxembourg went but everyone else sent the heirs and the Brits sent the queen’s youngest son ( and Princess Michael, lol). The protocol is unbelievably complicated so I wonder how it’s determined who should go. Why the king of Sweden but not Norway? Prince Edward but not Charles or even William?

by Anonymousreply 384September 2, 2021 1:35 PM

R384 For starters, the Belgian/Danish/Greek/Lux/Swedish/Norwegian Royal families are all closely related, which explains why they are very close. Monaco’s princely Family are not closely related to any of them. The British royals have been distant from their fellow royals for decades now, which is a shame. They always send Sophie and Edward. Harald and Margrethe are in their 80’s, which is why they often send their heirs in their place.

by Anonymousreply 385September 2, 2021 2:25 PM

[quote]Smokes and tans to a fine leather

I understand when she dies she wants to be immortalized as a fine carry on.

by Anonymousreply 386September 2, 2021 2:59 PM

[quote]Comte de Polignac

Say what you will, that's got a real ring to it.

by Anonymousreply 387September 2, 2021 3:01 PM

Princess Charlene of Monaco rushed to SA hospital

Princess Charlene had to be rushed to a hospital in KwaZulu-Natal this week after a medical emergency at the lodge where she is staying.

Princess Charlene of Monaco who has been staying in South Africa to recover after recent surgery is reportedly in a “stable” condition after she had to be rushed to a hospital in Ballito on Wednesday following a medical emergency.

According to News24, the former Olympic swimmer had a medical emergency at the lodge where she has been staying, while recovering and was rushed to the Netcare Alberlito Hospital in the coastal town. She was apparently emitted to the hospital under an alias.

Netwerk24 said that it had received an official but “vague” statement from the palace with an update on the Princess Charlene’s medical condition.

“The princess is currently recovering in South Africa where her medical team advised she does not travel until all the necessary procedures have been completed. The princess was due to undergo another procedure on 3 September,” the principality said, “before she suddenly collapsed,” the palace told Netwerk24 in the statement.

Princess Charlene has been staying in South Africa at a lodge after she contracted an ear, nose and throat infection, which led to the need for several medical procedures and health complications. A few weeks ago the palace released photographs of the princess, who appeared to be in good health.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388September 3, 2021 10:34 AM

That’s not good.

by Anonymousreply 389September 3, 2021 11:56 AM

This is all very weird indeed...suicide attempt?

by Anonymousreply 390September 3, 2021 12:05 PM

The DM article makes it sound like she was released the next day?

by Anonymousreply 391September 3, 2021 12:05 PM

God, give the poor woman her two kids. Let them grow up in SA. Make your 18 y o illegit son the heir—it’s not like there’s no precedent for *that*—or Caroline’s eldest.

by Anonymousreply 392September 3, 2021 12:09 PM

After she is rushed to the hospital. Albert says that she'll be home sooner than later. WTF?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393September 3, 2021 12:25 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394September 3, 2021 12:32 PM

I wonder if she purposely blew this all open (the haircut, fleeing to South Africa, the weird photo ops) simlair to how Katie Holmes and Britney Spears made sure to let their situations be known to the public. Whatever is going on, I hope she heals

by Anonymousreply 395September 3, 2021 12:41 PM

I think it must be something physical as well as possibly mental as well. Not that mental health doesn’t affect one’s looks, but she looks as extremely pale and unwell as a cancer patient in the photos where she’s hugging Albert.

by Anonymousreply 396September 3, 2021 12:52 PM

I thought she looked ill as well. But she’s not wearing *any* makeup and it’s rare to see a famous woman not wearing any makeup, despite all those DM articles claiming so-and-so is bare-faced. So if she naturally has dark circles under her eyes and she doesn’t wear concealer, then she will look ill.

by Anonymousreply 397September 3, 2021 1:39 PM

Eating disorder? Can't control her husband so she will control her food? I had an anorexic relative back in the 70s who would periodically get dehydrated and go to the ER to get buffed up on fluids.

by Anonymousreply 398September 3, 2021 1:50 PM

My first thought was suicide attempt.

by Anonymousreply 399September 3, 2021 3:26 PM

I tend to agree with R399. I think it's the situation with the children that is throwing her over the edge. If not for them, she would have bailed long ago. If not for them she could have escaped like this and gotten on with her life. Perhaps seeing them made it even more difficult and perhaps Albert had some terrible ultimatums to issue while holding the children literally right in front of her face. My opinion is that she can't bear leaving her children but she can't bear to stay either.

by Anonymousreply 400September 3, 2021 3:40 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401September 3, 2021 5:14 PM

From the article above:

[quote] For example, she changed my son's room, taking advantage of his father's absence to move him to the employee wing. As a mother, I cannot find words to describe these actions.

Charlene’s no angel either, putting the black child with the help.

by Anonymousreply 402September 3, 2021 7:30 PM

Oh boy, here we go….

by Anonymousreply 403September 3, 2021 7:45 PM

This is too sordid to be fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 404September 3, 2021 7:54 PM

Did Charlene "collapse" after reading the Paris Match article on her husband's mistress? She doesn't come across as a nice woman. The love child shouldn't be punished for the sins of his parents.

by Anonymousreply 405September 3, 2021 9:31 PM

Well true, that was a terrible thing to do to the kid, on the other hand, she was brought on board to give Fat Albert a legitimate heir. If Albert legitimizes the older kid and makes him his successor, where does that leave her kids? Or her, for that matter, when Albert kicks it.

Wow and Liz thought she had problems!

by Anonymousreply 406September 3, 2021 10:20 PM

R385 - Prince Charles, though, attended the wedding of then Prince Felipe of Spain to Letizia Rocosolano. (Now, because Charles' mother refused to step aside for him the way Felipe's father did for him, Charles has to bow before a man half his age when they meet.)

However, the Cambridge wedding was a semi-state occasion and a host of royals, almost all descended from Queen Victoria, attended:

Queen Sofia AND Felipe and Letizia also attended the Cambridge wedding. Originally, only Sofia was invited, and Felipe and Letizia were not supposed to, but Letizia apparently lobbied fiercely for an invite.

Queen Margrethe of Denmark

The King and Queen of Norway

The Grand Duke and Duchess of Luxembourg

William and Maxima of The Netherlands

Phillipe and Matilde of Belgium

Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and her husband

The Cambridge wedding was exactly the one Meghan Markle wanted, but stood no chance of having.

But the Monaco wedding was of a Head of State, and that always brings the big names in.

The Queen stopped going to these 30 years ago. I think the Queen Mum stood in for the BRF frequently, but the Queen really did stop going to most of them.

It's like Four Weddings and a Funeral: you see the same people, generally, at all the weddings.

by Anonymousreply 407September 3, 2021 10:34 PM

Alexandre’s mother’s remarks seem like a power move. Way to kick Charlene when she’s down.

by Anonymousreply 408September 4, 2021 12:19 AM

[quote]Alexandre’s mother’s remarks seem like a power move. Way to kick Charlene when she’s down.

Since Albert appears to be elevating her to a place of honor (?), it's hard to imagine she'd be talking shit in the press about Charlene without Albert's blessing or tacit consent. Charlene probably does want a divorce & Fat Albert is smearing in her the press (she sent a black kid to the servant's wing!) while making it appear that he might choose the illegitimate kid as his heir instead of Charlene's son. Assuming this is true, in the not so distant future, they'll be all kinds of stories about what a horror Charlene is

by Anonymousreply 409September 4, 2021 5:40 AM

R409 - I believe it's Monegasque law that only legitimate heirs can take the throne. I don't think making Alexandre the heir is an option.

by Anonymousreply 410September 4, 2021 12:24 PM

The Torygraph seems to have gone Team Albert, but that's vaguely expected I guess.

"Charlene has not played the game. She did not learn French. She did not make local friends. Her absences have been noticed: she seemed to live less in the palace than at Princess Stéphanie’s old flat, Princess Grace’s former weekend house above the Corniche, and the homes of friends. She dropped out of official events at the last minute. “The Palace had to make apologies for a suddenly-ill princess so many times that Monegasques now find these hard to believe,” reported Paris-Match.

Many at court recall a snub to Emmanuel and Brigitte Macron as recently as January last year, when Albert showed up alone at the Élysée palace for a formal State dinner in his honour, causing some frantic reshuffling of place-cards.

In her day, Grace had to cope with Princess Antoinette, Rainier’s elder sister, who had acted as the Principality’s First Lady until his marriage. Similarly Charlene does not appear to have won the support of Albert’s close family. She is said not to be popular with Princess Caroline, Monaco’s foremost patron of the arts, who had – until Albert’s marriage – ruled the Monégasque roost and reportedly has little patience with Charlene’s refusal to integrate.

Nor, it is claimed, is she popular with Princess Stéphanie. A serious athlete and swimmer, Stéphanie could have become a real friend. But, as the sister is closest to Albert, she apparently did not take well to a “rival” for her brother’s attention."

You wonder if negative press is being arranged to set the stage the announcement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411September 4, 2021 12:26 PM

Albert and the twins are in Ireland.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412September 4, 2021 12:33 PM

The little girl does not appear to be an enthusiastic participant. Maybe she identifies with her mother?

by Anonymousreply 413September 4, 2021 2:51 PM

Albert's been doing increased photo ops with the kids for months and Gabriella has looked fine. She looked pretty glum in the ones with her mother so I don't think we can say she's Team Charlene (or Albert) right now.

by Anonymousreply 414September 4, 2021 4:13 PM

Surely she must have learned French in 15+ years they've been together.

by Anonymousreply 415September 4, 2021 5:03 PM

Pierre Casiraghi and his wife Beatrice attended the wedding of Princess Maria Annunciata of Lichtenstein to Emanuele Musini at Schottenkirche in Vienna. The bride is the daughter of Princess Margaretha of Luxembourg and Prince Nikolaus of Liechtenstein.

The bride wore the Habsburg Fringe Tiara. Love it. Now, the dress is something else.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416September 4, 2021 6:12 PM

[quote] I tend to agree with [R399]. I think it's the situation with the children that is throwing her over the edge.

It could be, but she fled without them in the first place. If her children were foremost in her mind, she would have gone to France.

by Anonymousreply 417September 4, 2021 6:19 PM

[quote]The little girl does not appear to be an enthusiastic participant. Maybe she identifies with her mother?

I was kind of thinking that too; you'd never catch Charlotte doing that kind of weird strut when on some walkabout with the parentals! But she comes from crazy people (both sides, apparently), so next she'll be doing cartwheels

by Anonymousreply 418September 5, 2021 11:10 AM

The twins went back to school today. Well, Gabriella's bangs are a little better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419September 6, 2021 7:06 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420September 9, 2021 1:04 PM

Dear God, talk about a lame attempt to address the rumours that make it even more apparent that something was dreadfully wrong.

He was too busy taking care of the kids?! He's a fucking billionaire with dozens of staff, including nursery staff! Anyone would think he was washing their clothes, bathing them, shopping for groceries, cooking their meals, feeding them, dressing them, and taking them to the park (if he had, there would have been photos).

Every time he opens his mouth, he makes it look worse.

by Anonymousreply 421September 9, 2021 1:23 PM

They forced her back when she tried to flee prior to the wedding, but she could have made a scene and said no at the altar, if she wanted to escape that badly. She must regret that now.

by Anonymousreply 422September 9, 2021 1:51 PM

I doubt Charlene will ever return to Monaco. Who could blame her? Dealing with fat Albert and his bitchy, haughty sister (yes a "royal highness" by marrying a disgusting drunk). The Grimaldis are trash.

The children will make regular trips to SA to see Charlene.

by Anonymousreply 423September 9, 2021 2:08 PM

R423 - South Africa is so far away. If the marriage ends, Charlene should reside in Paris or Nice to be closer to her children.

by Anonymousreply 424September 9, 2021 3:25 PM

Yes she could, as Grace did for years and as she was already doing if rumors are correct. Since Albert has a long reach—he was able to drag her back from the airport before the wedding—maybe she only feels safe in SA.

by Anonymousreply 425September 9, 2021 6:25 PM

He’ll buy her a ranch in SA or Zimbabwe, she’ll live like all the other white folks with black help. She’s probably accustomed to that anyway.

by Anonymousreply 426September 10, 2021 1:01 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427September 10, 2021 1:01 PM

Caroline and Charlotte took Jacques and Gabriella to a dog show. Why is Gabby in a wheel chair? Did she hurt herself? Was she tired? Does she refuse to walk until her Mommy comes home? So many questions for this family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428September 11, 2021 7:48 PM

R428, it says right in the post she broke her leg. You can see the cast in the pic. Although if my kid broke their leg, I’d be on the first plane back from wherever the hell I was.

by Anonymousreply 429September 11, 2021 7:53 PM

R407, That is not Charles bowing to a man "half his age"; it is the TITLE of Prince of Wales bowing.

by Anonymousreply 430September 11, 2021 7:57 PM

R428 - first Charlene butchers her hair before she leaves the country and then she has a health crisis. Then her daughter butchers her hair before she visits her mother and then returns home to break her leg. I see a pattern developing here.

by Anonymousreply 431September 11, 2021 8:05 PM

[quote]it says right in the post she broke her leg. You can see the cast in the pic. Although if my kid broke their leg, I’d be on the first plane back from wherever the hell I was.

R429 Royalty are quite different, aren't they, from middle class parents like you. In the old days, offspring of royalty were given their own households/castle and their parents saw them infrequently. For example, Elizabeth I was given her own household and castle at age 3 months. Her mother lived at Hampton Court primarily and saw her infrequently.

Elizabeth II abandoned Charles when he was a baby and took off for Malta to be with Phillip. She would not have returned over a broken leg. They also left poor Charles alone for over half a year when they went on a grand tour.

by Anonymousreply 432September 11, 2021 9:50 PM

[quote][R428] - first Charlene butchers her hair before she leaves the country and then she has a health crisis. Then her daughter butchers her hair before she visits her mother and then returns home to break her leg. I see a pattern developing here.

The daughter is probably throwing lit matches at a passed out Stephanie as we speak

by Anonymousreply 433September 11, 2021 10:06 PM

I hadn't realized that Caroline had let herself go grey--I like it.

Those two kids may be fine, but their psycho looks could get them cast in a horror movie.

by Anonymousreply 434September 12, 2021 6:34 AM

[quote]Those two kids may be fine, but their psycho looks could get them cast in a horror movie.

They're not exactly unattractive, but instead have this "Village of the Damned" look about them - and they're still little. They haven't even reached that awkward age when almost all kids look unfortunate

by Anonymousreply 435September 12, 2021 9:50 AM

@R6

[quote] butchers her hair (?)

LOL! What?!? Because her hair is like her most prized possession? BWHAHAHAHWHBWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 436September 12, 2021 10:50 AM

I wonder if the kid really broke her leg or if this is a ploy to get Charlene to come back.

by Anonymousreply 437September 12, 2021 12:10 PM

R435 What a horrifying but spot on observation.

by Anonymousreply 438September 12, 2021 12:22 PM

If Charlene and Caroline really don’t get along, seeing her injured daughter being wheeled around and photographed would be really distressing .

by Anonymousreply 439September 12, 2021 12:23 PM

As the HRH and matriarch, I must now step in.!

by Anonymousreply 440September 12, 2021 12:28 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441September 15, 2021 2:26 AM

Charlene, your kids need their mom. Stop being so selfish!

by Anonymousreply 442September 15, 2021 2:47 AM

This story really hits home. Not a lot of people have asked if I'm OK.

by Anonymousreply 443September 15, 2021 3:51 AM

Charlene doesn’t seem the type to want to rub shoulders with celebrities, Meagain. Sorry

by Anonymousreply 444September 15, 2021 2:21 PM

At least Meghan didn’t abandon her children.

by Anonymousreply 445September 15, 2021 2:45 PM

Give her time.

by Anonymousreply 446September 15, 2021 3:49 PM

Sometimes, children are better off without their mother.

by Anonymousreply 447September 15, 2021 3:50 PM

Albert could not have been too busy taking care of his kids if the little girl was unattended with scissors long enough to cut her bangs herself.

by Anonymousreply 448September 15, 2021 5:28 PM

Seriously, r448. Can children’s scissors cut hair? That had to be done with regular scissors. If so, I predict those children are going to have major issues when they grow up.

by Anonymousreply 449September 15, 2021 5:33 PM

Children’s safety scissors can cut hair

by Anonymousreply 450September 15, 2021 6:02 PM

Seriously, all those people around and that very young child was unattended long enough to do that with a sharp object? I guess they didn't baby-proof the palace.

by Anonymousreply 451September 15, 2021 6:02 PM

I cut my hair with nail scissors as a kid but my mother ignored us growing up.

by Anonymousreply 452September 15, 2021 6:04 PM

Children's scissors can definitely cut hair. Preschool/kindergarten self-haircuts are very very common at that age.

by Anonymousreply 453September 15, 2021 7:31 PM

Where was the governess?

by Anonymousreply 454September 15, 2021 9:48 PM

Riding Prince Albert like Seabiscuit?

by Anonymousreply 455September 16, 2021 12:31 AM

The Daily Mail dog show pics with Caroline and Charlotte are the first ones were the kids now past toddlerhood actually seem genuinely happy.

by Anonymousreply 456September 16, 2021 1:08 AM

R454 blowing Prince Albert…

by Anonymousreply 457September 16, 2021 3:53 PM

Has Albert had any male lovers or is he strictly hetero?

by Anonymousreply 458September 18, 2021 10:13 AM

[quote] The Grimaldis come across as the most dysfunctional royal house in Europe.

The Grimaldis are not royal, only princely. Caroline is only an HRH by marriage.

by Anonymousreply 459September 19, 2021 3:21 PM

When I first read this headline, it registered as Marlena Shaw.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460September 19, 2021 3:29 PM

Charlene better watch out - Albert's been out twice now with Sharon Stone on his arm. Anyone think Sharon would insert herself into their marriage?

by Anonymousreply 461October 1, 2021 12:58 AM

Is Sharon the new 'first lady'?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462October 1, 2021 1:46 AM

Poor Princess Grace…had she lived, this shit would have killed her…her spawn is so fucking tacky.

by Anonymousreply 463October 1, 2021 12:48 PM

That photo of Stone, Albert, and Fukunaga is fucking pathetic.

Back to the Albert Hall and Kate resplendent in gold.

by Anonymousreply 464October 1, 2021 2:04 PM

Princess Charlene wasn’t bad enough, now we’ll have Princess Sharon. Ugh

by Anonymousreply 465October 2, 2021 11:16 AM

Sharon looked amazing, I have to say.

by Anonymousreply 466October 2, 2021 2:10 PM

Sharon looks just like what she is, a desperate old whore. Ask any wait staff in SFO, she is a bitch.

Albert, you a dog! Not a good look while you are still married.

by Anonymousreply 467October 3, 2021 3:12 AM

CHARLENE, HONEY...COME TO MONTECITO AND I'LL BE YOUR LIFE COACH. We'll even sit down with Oprah for an interview.

by Anonymousreply 468October 3, 2021 3:46 AM

So Char probably told Fat Albert to fuck off during his visit to SA, so in response, he's stepping out with old whores on his arm (I guess Lindsay Lohan was busy) & parading around her kids with his sister, who Char likely hates (probably for good reason).

While I'm not a fan of Oprah, it would serve them right if Char did sit down with Oprah & spilled the tea on all of them. Now that's an interview I'd watch!

by Anonymousreply 469October 3, 2021 10:55 AM

You got your necessary male child heir now fork over the dough and leave me alone. My sinuses hurt!

by Anonymousreply 470October 3, 2021 5:10 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 471October 4, 2021 1:44 PM

So? The Grimaldis are big on their Papism.

by Anonymousreply 472October 4, 2021 2:12 PM

R471, What else has she done to her face? That picture is jarring!

by Anonymousreply 473October 4, 2021 4:38 PM

Sharon Stone has so many age spots…

by Anonymousreply 474October 4, 2021 5:54 PM

Maybe Charlene is going to join the convent!

by Anonymousreply 475October 5, 2021 11:40 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476October 5, 2021 1:29 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477October 6, 2021 1:18 PM

She has no intention of coming back, sinuses or not. She's negotiating her exit strategy with Fat Albert stepping out with old movie stars & bringing his bastard kids to the palace to weaken her hand as the mother of his legitimate children. She's trying to create an image as some sort of international do-gooder, since she's bound to get a lot of blowback for essentially abandoning her children. FA would probably like to really smear her, but he's got so much shadiness in his own life, he's not in the position to do it.

by Anonymousreply 478October 6, 2021 1:42 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479October 6, 2021 3:26 PM

She's going to negotiate something when her own life is such a mess?

by Anonymousreply 480October 6, 2021 3:58 PM

Because that’s what warring black African tribes need, a white woman telling them what to do…

by Anonymousreply 481October 6, 2021 4:18 PM

to be fair, white representatives from neutral countries often mediate between conflicting ethnic nations. It could just have easily been a representative from Switzerland, but Char probably has knowledge of SA politics and probably cares about the issue since it’s her birthplace., so why not Monaco.

by Anonymousreply 482October 7, 2021 8:22 PM

She also attended the memorial of the Zulu King and was seated in a prominent position.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483October 8, 2021 3:20 AM

One of the late king's wives was reportedly murdered 1 month after the king's death.. Maybe this is the conflict that Charlene is trying to mediate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484October 8, 2021 3:28 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485October 8, 2021 3:32 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486October 8, 2021 2:01 PM

If anyone asked me, I’d say they should let her stay in SA and do what she wants. She’ll only act out if she’s forced to go back to Monaco against her will.

I’m sorry for their children, but they have enough money to fly the children to see her on school holidays, etc. The children should be at home with a regular schedule and school and friends, etc.; nice and stable.

by Anonymousreply 487October 8, 2021 6:39 PM

But r487 are there even other children that live in Monaco? I picture its residents as Bond villains, deposed dictators, and Russian swimsuit "models".

by Anonymousreply 488October 8, 2021 11:28 PM

Jesus, another operation! Right when she’s supposed to be returning to Monaco. It’s incredible in this day and age that despite the flimsy story and awkward photos, no reporter has been able to uncover what’s going on.

by Anonymousreply 489October 9, 2021 6:18 AM

R488 Charlene's brother moved up with his kids to Monaco from SA so that Charlene's kids would have playmates and be around her family. Now that Charlene is back in SA, I don't know if her brother moved his family back to SA.

by Anonymousreply 490October 9, 2021 6:53 AM

R487 I did a little research and there are apparently seven state run elementary schools in Monaco, not including private schools. Plus, they have all of their Casiraghi cousins’ young kids to play with. Even Kelly Rutherford’s kids (remember her?!) are in Monaco with their father. While not a huge number, there certainly hundreds of kids there in their age range.

by Anonymousreply 491October 9, 2021 8:39 AM

Remember Monaco is so tiny, the land adjacent (which looks like part of Monaco but isn’t) is France and surely there are wealthy families with children that attend prestigious schools nearby. It would be just a short drive for a play date, easy to do when you’re the Sovereign of a country and have access to a motorcade to escort your kids.

by Anonymousreply 492October 9, 2021 11:30 AM

Everyone knew the day these two got married that it was a sham, and a likely train wreck wasn't too far in the future once she gave him the heir he needed.

What's amazing is how lame the public pronouncements are from the Grimaldi's, but equally, how they clearly don't care that everyone knows it.

He's got the kids, they'll figure out a way to manage it until she can walk out for good, she'll get a massive payoff with access to the kids, and he'll die rich, fat, and without a moment's queasiness about how he handled his personal life, and what that might mean for his two kids' emotional landscapes as they grow up.

by Anonymousreply 493October 9, 2021 1:19 PM

^*from the Grimaldis (not the Grimaldi's)

by Anonymousreply 494October 9, 2021 1:19 PM

I figure she is afraid to go back to Monaco. The Grimaldis don’t have to answer to police (per that Vanity Fair story up thread). It would save Albert a lot of headaches if she would conveniently die, and she is on the record now with having severe health problems.

by Anonymousreply 495October 9, 2021 2:41 PM

Months ago, when it first came to light that she was staying longer than anticipated in SA, there were some photos of her brother still in Monaco. Now? Who knows.

by Anonymousreply 496October 9, 2021 3:06 PM

[quote]Yet another surgery for Charlene.

She's getting rid of a 200+ pound growth

by Anonymousreply 497October 9, 2021 7:20 PM

R497 - I still think she had some kind of plastic surgery that went wrong.

For an attractive woman, she must have major dysmorphia. I've heard of body dysmorphia but is there such a thing as facial dysmorphia? I fear that if Charlene continues with the surgeries and keeps butchering her face that she'll soon look like Joan Rivers or worse - turn into the Cat Woman in the photo (aka Jocelyn Wildenstein).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498October 9, 2021 7:28 PM

R491 Kelly Rutherford! Now that was some amazing drama right there, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

I think Charlene's kids are going to be stark raving bonkers when they hit puberty, poor things.

by Anonymousreply 499October 9, 2021 11:12 PM

R499 I hold out hope for the kids. Stephanie is batshit insane and her children are normal and boring. Her son got married recently and even his choice of bride was boring. There’s hope for those two kids yet.

by Anonymousreply 500October 10, 2021 4:50 AM

She's obviously had a facelift in that pic. Her mouth is really stretched.

by Anonymousreply 501October 10, 2021 5:28 AM

Princess Charlene undergoes Another Surgery in South Africa 9 October , 2021

rincess Charlene was hospitalized again last Friday 8 October in South Africa and underwent another surgery under general anesthesia.

Princess of Monaco was admitted under a pseudonym in a hospital in Durban, Kwazulu-Natal, after collapsing in the hotel where she had been staying for several months. Everything went very well, according to a source at the princely palace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502October 10, 2021 5:41 AM

What's with all the surgeries? Is she going trans?

by Anonymousreply 503October 10, 2021 8:37 AM

How long did they date before they got married ?

by Anonymousreply 504October 10, 2021 11:00 AM

I mean, if he wanted to kill her, he could certainly get to someone in SA.

by Anonymousreply 505October 10, 2021 11:41 AM

She has two looks: High as a kite or ready to start bawling.

by Anonymousreply 506October 10, 2021 12:17 PM

R599 I hope you're right, because the little girl already looks a bit strange, as well as poor Gabrielle looking really, really, er, well . . . plain. The boy got all the looks. Poor sis looks like the offspring of Chucky and his Bride.

by Anonymousreply 507October 10, 2021 7:57 PM

The boy looks like Charlene. The girl will hate her mother forever for abandoning her and her brother + the diabolical recut of her bangs. No little girl would ever get over that butchery.

by Anonymousreply 508October 11, 2021 2:57 AM

“After collapsing”? That sounds bad and not at all sinus-related.

by Anonymousreply 509October 11, 2021 11:13 AM

Does anyone believe any of this sinus stuff anyway? I believe she may be suffering from mental issues, but if it’s physical, it’s not sinuses, it’s something perhaps more serious.

by Anonymousreply 510October 11, 2021 12:41 PM

I think if it was anything serious, Fat Albert would not be stepping out with Sharon Stone or dragging in his illegitimate spawn because he knows how it would look of Charlene died. She no doubt has issues and is likely completely unstable, but you get the sense they think she's acting more like a brat than really ill

by Anonymousreply 511October 11, 2021 1:26 PM

Update: Charlene's latest operation went "very well".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512October 11, 2021 1:41 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513October 11, 2021 2:38 PM

DL called this this one years ago, I remember a thread regarding the upcoming nuptials looking forced and not at all a love match.

Caroline was doing a fine job of steering the family up to the moment fatty decided it was time to produce a legitimate heir.

by Anonymousreply 514October 11, 2021 2:40 PM

Didn't she have another collapse and brief hospitalization a few months ago that very quickly disappeared from headlines? There is very clearly something really bizarre going on.

by Anonymousreply 515October 11, 2021 3:12 PM

Another illegitimate child. This guy is an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 516October 11, 2021 5:32 PM

Is this the illegitimate child that came to light before Albert’s wedding? If so, this isn’t recent.

by Anonymousreply 517October 11, 2021 5:57 PM

I still vote for eating disorder.

by Anonymousreply 518October 11, 2021 7:06 PM

I continue to wonder why Princess Diana never had a nose job.

by Anonymousreply 519October 12, 2021 1:20 AM

Because she was an English aristocrat, R519, not a shallow American.

by Anonymousreply 520October 12, 2021 1:41 AM

Really r520? You think only Americans have plastic surgery?

by Anonymousreply 521October 12, 2021 1:43 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522October 12, 2021 1:59 AM

No, R521, I didn’t say that. What I did say is that cosmetic surgery is relatively rare amongst the English aristocracy, especially at the time until Diana’s death. The English upper classes tend to have the self confidence in their position not to need to worry about things like a distinctive nose, which is what Diana had. And which made her unique, not some Botoxed nose-jobbed Californian airhead.

BTW Charles didn’t have surgery on his Windsor flappers - his cousin David Snowdon did.

This is the problem of Americans looking at the British Royal family through an American lens. It usually doesn’t work as you just don’t get it.

by Anonymousreply 523October 12, 2021 2:12 AM

R523, your whole point falls on deaf ears once you Google Charles before after ear surgery. It’s obvious he had his ears pinned back. And who cares if someone had plastic surgery? It’s obviously not an arbiter of morals or character, the proof being the royals themselves.

by Anonymousreply 524October 12, 2021 2:18 AM

Maybe I’m a cold-hearted dick, but I don’t feel sorry for her. Get your shit together, Charlene!

She met him in 2000, started officially dating in 2005, lived with him for six years sucking off the princedom’s teat, before marrying him in 2011. Now she’s acting like some naive ingenue, trapped, TRAPPED, I say, in her marriage to a well known ogre who was just as ogrish 20 years ago. She knew the deal when she shook hands with the devil. He’s always been a pig, and it was just fine with her when he was paying for her plastic surgery and custom couture. The minute she had to do royal duties is thd minute she adopted her resting sad bitch face. She went from a fifth place finish in one relay at one Olympics to a louche life beyond her wildest dreams, being mentored by Lagerfeld, photographed by Demarchelier and wearing Van Cleef diamond tiaras.

If not for her marriage, she’s be a Gap-wearing, snaggle toothed and hump-nosed bottle blonde teaching the arthritis swim aerobics class at the Johannesburg YMCA. Girl, find comfort in your custom Dior, bang the help like your sister-in-law, kiss a few babies and smile and wave.

An insight to her princess life below:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525October 12, 2021 5:14 AM

I suspect she has cancer.

by Anonymousreply 526October 12, 2021 5:37 AM

It’s not just an American vs British thing as much as a class thing. People from old money often eschew plastic surgery because, as r523 pointed out, they have secure self images. Barbara Bush and Caroline Kennedy are perfect examples…

by Anonymousreply 527October 12, 2021 12:38 PM

[quote] she discovered some very unsavory details about who he really was.

This is from the link in R522 above. What do you make of this? To me, it sounds like a lot more than just a few bastard babies here and there. Is he into some kind of serious kink that she finds offensive?

by Anonymousreply 528October 12, 2021 5:04 PM

I’m sure they could—and did—live completely separate lives, only getting together for public appearances. For some reason, that stopped working. Maybe she had a breakdown, the haircut last Christmas seemed to indicate that. And now, just as she’s expected to return to Monaco, another hospitalization. Easier to keep it quiet when it’s all happening in far off South Africa.

by Anonymousreply 529October 12, 2021 5:25 PM

R530 She married a billionaire. Having kinks and fetishes, access to unlimited ass (both male and female), secret societies, dubious island activities and the like come with the territory. Plus he’s from Monaco, the seediest place on Earth. It’s a tradeoff that everyone is aware of. If you don’t like that, please, by all means, go marry Jerry the insurance agent from Dodge City. He’ll keep himself busy with his stamp collection and can take you out to Applebee’s once a month.

by Anonymousreply 530October 12, 2021 7:01 PM

R526 I agree. She looks very frail.

by Anonymousreply 531October 12, 2021 7:45 PM

I wonder if people like Charlene know how pathetic they are. So profoundly pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 532October 12, 2021 11:34 PM

R527 Barbara Bush did not have a secure self-image. She was defiant in her aim to make herself as unattractive as possible to punish her husband for having a long-term mistress.

by Anonymousreply 533October 14, 2021 12:22 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534October 15, 2021 4:06 PM

Wow, she’s really tired of him. But she won’t get custody of her children, no way, no how.

by Anonymousreply 535October 16, 2021 1:13 AM

Why should she say anything about Albert after he squired around that desiccated old whore 2x last week?

by Anonymousreply 536October 16, 2021 3:26 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537October 18, 2021 4:21 PM

Gawd, her wrist looks like a toothpick! Eating disorder.

by Anonymousreply 538October 19, 2021 1:07 AM

Meanwhile in Monaco.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539October 19, 2021 2:58 AM

I have to say, Monaco does look like Dullsville populated with residents of a very exclusive retirement community

by Anonymousreply 540October 19, 2021 9:49 AM

The jacket is looking a bit tight there at R539. He gained the weight she lost.

by Anonymousreply 541October 19, 2021 11:31 AM

Why does he always insist on looking like he works for Carnival Cruises?

by Anonymousreply 542October 19, 2021 2:58 PM

[quote]Why does he always insist on looking like he works for Carnival Cruises?

I was actually thinking he looked like some president of the Chamber of Commerce in a small city, shaking hands with high school students for scholarships & attending potlucks with old people. It's not just that he's fat & bald- he's a badly dressed frump

by Anonymousreply 543October 19, 2021 5:43 PM

He sure does love that white dinner jacket.

by Anonymousreply 544October 20, 2021 1:46 AM

Has Charlene ever been to me?

by Anonymousreply 545October 21, 2021 1:14 PM

Charlene has been to paradise, R545.

But she's never been to me.

by Anonymousreply 546October 21, 2021 2:17 PM

She lived with fat Al so she certainly has seen some things that a woman aint s'posed to see

by Anonymousreply 547October 21, 2021 2:36 PM

Charlene has suffered a loss - her dog died after being run over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548October 26, 2021 12:21 PM

Has she been to me yet?

I'm asking for a friend.

by Anonymousreply 549October 26, 2021 2:51 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550October 28, 2021 5:55 PM

That's encouraging he is not bringing has-been Sharon Stone.

by Anonymousreply 551October 28, 2021 8:25 PM

Wouldn’t you love to be present for Sharon Stone’s next encounter with Meryl Streep at some industry event?

by Anonymousreply 552October 28, 2021 8:51 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553November 5, 2021 4:24 PM

Hey, hey, hey!

My wife Charlene she like school on Sunday!

NO CLASS!

by Anonymousreply 554November 5, 2021 5:16 PM

Her face is really bizarre looking now. She was pretty enough to age finely with minimal surgery

by Anonymousreply 555November 6, 2021 7:01 PM

Charlene is finally home in Monaco!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556November 8, 2021 11:54 AM

I wouldn’t be surprised if she moved into another bedroom. I would.

by Anonymousreply 557November 8, 2021 11:56 AM

The reunion was photographed. Of course, it was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558November 8, 2021 12:08 PM

I thought she’d finally fixed her hair at r556 but no, that’s an old photo.

Just a bizarre situation all around.

by Anonymousreply 559November 8, 2021 12:31 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560November 8, 2021 12:43 PM

sorry I had R556 on block and didn't see

by Anonymousreply 561November 8, 2021 12:44 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562November 9, 2021 12:56 PM

R562 makes a good oink.

by Anonymousreply 563November 9, 2021 12:57 PM

Sorry, link! LOL.

by Anonymousreply 564November 9, 2021 12:58 PM

Well, now that she's back - first order of business: do something about that hair.

That was all very weird, though I expect one of Caroline or Stephanie's coked out kids will blab the whole story to someone & we'll know what really went down

by Anonymousreply 565November 10, 2021 5:26 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566November 11, 2021 2:06 PM

I wonder how much she was compensated to hang on him like that. Reminds me of Nutmeg pawing Dim all the time to announce to the world "This is mine, we are so in love". Me thinks you protest too profoundly.

by Anonymousreply 567November 12, 2021 4:07 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 568November 13, 2021 5:29 PM

He must be impossible to live with…his sisters too I bet…

by Anonymousreply 569November 14, 2021 7:21 PM

Charlene was probably relieved

by Anonymousreply 570November 14, 2021 9:29 PM

At this point Charlene seems to be the one with issues. Honestly how difficult is it to just assimilate and get on with the contract you agreed to?

by Anonymousreply 571November 14, 2021 10:01 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572November 15, 2021 12:49 PM

Charlene has a sad sack little monkey face. I'll bet her husband hates her depressed slacker ass.

by Anonymousreply 573November 15, 2021 2:03 PM

I hope Albert doesn't feel so estranged he has an affair.

by Anonymousreply 574November 15, 2021 2:04 PM

Albert said in an interview that he hoped Charlene was back home for Monaco's National Day. She made it back in time but now she's not going. WTF is going on with these two?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575November 16, 2021 12:49 PM

Charlene says "I might have to live on this shitty pile of rocks but I'm not doing fuckall for anyone."

by Anonymousreply 576November 16, 2021 10:12 PM

It would be a scandal if it mattered.

by Anonymousreply 577November 16, 2021 10:15 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578November 18, 2021 1:54 PM

He owns a a family home that isn't part of the palace - which I believe might be just outside Monaco across the French border, and he also owns a large chateau in France. She's likely hiding out at one of those places since they are already equipped with security, etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579November 18, 2021 5:45 PM

A balcony appearance on Monaco's National Day - the kids holding up signs that they miss their mother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580November 19, 2021 2:07 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581November 19, 2021 2:12 PM

I think something is seriously wrong with Charlene. Maybe physically and mentally. She looks like she had some sort of mental breakdown. I have to say, I know people are saying she should just leave him, but she would not get custody of the kids. It seems like she’s not particularly strong willed, which is not a criticism—some people just aren’t.

by Anonymousreply 582November 19, 2021 2:56 PM

^ it seems obvious one of her issues is anorexia. Recent pics show her beyond painfully thin.

by Anonymousreply 583November 19, 2021 2:59 PM

She's the Britney of marginal royal families.

by Anonymousreply 584November 19, 2021 3:29 PM

Does she have cancer possibly?

by Anonymousreply 585November 19, 2021 4:03 PM

I think she has some sort of body dysmorphia hence all of the plastic surgery for one so young. I can see getting her teeth done because her original ones weren't that great but she didn't need all of the procedures on her face at her age. I think she's also had a face lift which is ridiculous. I still believe she had some other cosmetic procedure done in South Africa, it went terribly wrong and she got an infection. She has MAJOR problems for the family to intervene and send her away for treatment after not seeing each other for so long.

by Anonymousreply 586November 19, 2021 8:52 PM

One DM comment went along the lines of Albert lured her back to Monaco just long enough to get her committed in nuthouse, publicly declaring her incapacity to be a functioning royal spouse through a caring "family intervention, using kids to gain sympathy for himself using "miss you mummy" type placards during the balcony wave , thus creating grounds for divorce, and full custody of kids.

by Anonymousreply 587November 19, 2021 9:00 PM

Albert seems to be a cold fish...and horny.

by Anonymousreply 588November 19, 2021 11:33 PM

Does his daughter Jazmin live in Monaco now? And his son Alexandre? Are they invited to palace events?

by Anonymousreply 589November 19, 2021 11:50 PM

Jazmin lives in NYC and dates John Mellencamp's arty musician nephew. She visits Monaco often though, she sees her Dad and hangs out with her cousins (Princess Stephanie's kids, mostly).

It turns out Alexandre had a relationship with Albert all this time, he had rooms in the palace in Monte Carlo. There were photos taken of his recent 18th birthday in Monaco, his half-sister Jazmin was there and some of his Grimaldi cousins. He and his mother were invited to the most recent Rose Ball.

by Anonymousreply 590November 20, 2021 12:29 AM

Prince Albert Tells PEOPLE Princess Charlene Is in a Treatment Facility: 'She Realized She Needed Help'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591November 20, 2021 3:42 AM

She's nuts.

by Anonymousreply 592November 20, 2021 9:35 AM

[quote] Charlene's return to Monaco 11 days ago after six months in South Africa "went pretty well in the first few hours, and then it became pretty evident that she was unwell," says Albert, 63.

It was evident to everyone else when she shaved half her head at Christmas last year. Her relapse in early October was another breakdown or worse. The sticking point, and it’s pretty much unwinnable, is if they divorce, the kids stay with Albert. Sure, she’ll get “ample visitation “ but they will be under his control. He’ll make any decisions that have to be made.

Of course, maybe she doesn’t have a maternal bond with the kids. That happens. Or maybe her behavior is erratic around them. Whatever the problem is, apparently living separate lives in Monaco/France and sharing custody isn’t working.

by Anonymousreply 593November 20, 2021 2:21 PM

Would it be a bad thing if the children stay with Albert? Their mother is clearly very unwell, and just spent 6 full months thousands of miles away from them, keeping them in his care. At this point he is the primary caretaker, for better or worse.

They are living at the only home they've ever known, with their father and his extended family, attending local school and seeing the same children and teachers every day (Monaco is very small and everything is very localized). There is no reason to upset that and move them elsewhere, simply to keep them with their mother. She can have ample visitation and a large say in their rearing and education, just like other parents who split up.

Albert has the added responsibility of rearing them (the eldest boy, mostly) to be the next Head of State, but that training won't start in earnest for several more years.

by Anonymousreply 594November 20, 2021 5:59 PM

Lots of photos of Monaco’s national holiday I think yesterday, all the women in the family seem to be rallying around the twins. There was a cute picture of Stephanie hugging the little girl. They are cute, like little 1920s children.

by Anonymousreply 595November 20, 2021 6:12 PM

The kids probably spend a lot of time with nannies, anyway.

Are they dressed more like aristos now, or are they still dressed up in nouveau riche designer outfits?

by Anonymousreply 596November 21, 2021 6:02 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597November 21, 2021 2:58 PM

Yikes, those pictures at R597 are so weird; can you imagine: "make a sign saying you miss Mommy or it's back in the cage!" "Who is that Mommy person you speak of? The woman with melty face?" Meanwhile, the little girl throws lit matches at a passed out Stephanie.

Between their creepy father & the crazy aunts, those poor kids don't stand a chance.

by Anonymousreply 598November 21, 2021 5:46 PM

Those kids have Damien eyes.

It has started.

by Anonymousreply 599November 21, 2021 5:56 PM

All of the little Monaco descendants are really beautiful - all with blond wavy hair.

by Anonymousreply 600November 21, 2021 6:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!