Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

David Archuleta Comes Out as Homo PART II

DL's favorite closeted Mormon admits to loving dick

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525November 3, 2021 8:26 PM

He told us already. He also claimed to not really have an interest in sex.

by Anonymousreply 1July 9, 2021 5:46 PM

Is he a bottom?

by Anonymousreply 2July 9, 2021 5:48 PM

Yum! I wish he still looked like he does in OPs picture. He was so dreamy.

by Anonymousreply 3July 9, 2021 5:50 PM

He's an attention whore.

[quote] Is he a bottom?

"I've been open to myself and my close family for some years now that I am not sure about my own sexuality," Archuleta continued. "I came out in 2014 as gay to my family. But then I had similar feelings for both genders so maybe a spectrum of bisexual. Then I also have learned I don't have too much sexual desires and urges as most people, which works I guess because I have a commitment to save myself until marriage. Which people call asexual when they don't experience sexual urges."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 9, 2021 5:53 PM

He doesn't seem very intelligent.

by Anonymousreply 5July 9, 2021 5:56 PM

He doesn't seem very honest.

by Anonymousreply 6July 9, 2021 5:57 PM

I knew he was gay from Day 1.

by Anonymousreply 7July 9, 2021 6:00 PM

Cumbreath

by Anonymousreply 8July 9, 2021 6:05 PM

Spermbuttsaywhat?

by Anonymousreply 9July 9, 2021 6:07 PM

His butthole is like a virgin meat empanada.

by Anonymousreply 10July 9, 2021 6:09 PM

I hope he finds acceptance.

by Anonymousreply 11July 9, 2021 6:15 PM

I hope he finds OnlyFans.

by Anonymousreply 12July 9, 2021 6:18 PM

David was singing sad songs last night. To me alone. He's not doing great. Looks very medicated and depressed.

The answer to all his problems is right here in my pants, I mean arms. He knows it too.

by Anonymousreply 13July 9, 2021 6:26 PM

Before fully coming to terms with the idea of simply being gay many people get lost in this exhausting word soup while attempting to explain who/what they are. He'll get through it, but not before taking every opportunity to express how UNgay a gay man he is. I've heard other people who claim to be asexual before fully coming out. It's easier to deny any sexuality at all than take responsibility for one's homosexuality. It also sanitizes for those around the person coming out the concept of gayness. I mean, gay sex is just so "diiirty".

by Anonymousreply 14July 9, 2021 6:39 PM

I'd rather fuck a Teddy Ruxpin.

by Anonymousreply 15July 9, 2021 6:44 PM

did he say the word gay?

by Anonymousreply 16July 9, 2021 7:21 PM

[quote] Is he a bottom?

No, but he does enjoy scooting across the carpet, every now and then.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17July 9, 2021 7:30 PM

David's dad nicknamed him "Scooter" when he was younger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 9, 2021 7:33 PM

I bet he has a smooth hole.

by Anonymousreply 19July 9, 2021 8:07 PM

He went golfing with the other David . I wonder if he has ever read Cookleta slash .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20July 9, 2021 10:03 PM

BUMP

by Anonymousreply 21July 10, 2021 6:54 AM

Is he still collaborating with the Mormons?

by Anonymousreply 22July 10, 2021 7:04 AM

Is he cut or uncut?

by Anonymousreply 23July 10, 2021 7:57 AM

R23, I'm betting uncut.

by Anonymousreply 24July 10, 2021 1:32 PM

Don't start with that shit.

by Anonymousreply 25July 10, 2021 3:19 PM

Thank gawd this thread is back. He was posting IG stories yesterday with his computer tabs in full view. This repressed HOMO was busy looking up "clean hip hop" songs and bookmarked the website "Can I watch this?" which is for Xtians to see if any movies have words like fuck, shit and *gasp* damn in them. 30 years old acting like a child. No wonder he's so out of touch to think we'll buy the bisexual/asexual pipeline excuse. Someone show him a copy of Latter Days and get this washed up hole to WORK.

by Anonymousreply 26July 11, 2021 1:17 AM

Ugh. Well, as long as he isn't fucking up anyone else's life... have at it, David.

by Anonymousreply 27July 11, 2021 1:20 AM

[R27] Too late. He's announced he'll be speaking for Liftandlove.org, another North Star org that promotes some shit called mixed orientation marriage. Where they marry off gay men to hags to procreate for Joseph Smith's lie. I can't.

by Anonymousreply 28July 11, 2021 1:23 AM

The moral of the story: religious parents ruin children's lives.

by Anonymousreply 29July 11, 2021 1:35 AM

[quote] "Can I watch this?" which is for Xtians to see if any movies have words like fuck, shit and *gasp* damn in them.

Perhaps he's using it in a way it wasn't intended. I remember back in the 90s using Parents Guide to find out if there were any steamy scenes that I'd like to see.

by Anonymousreply 30July 11, 2021 2:16 AM

^Never heard of Can I Watch This? Kids in Mind is probably the most insightful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31July 11, 2021 2:18 AM

Bless his virginal little heart.

by Anonymousreply 32July 11, 2021 3:40 AM

When is he going to present hole?

by Anonymousreply 33July 12, 2021 8:19 PM

R33 Maybe he already did and it just hasn’t been unearthed yet by the DL universe!

by Anonymousreply 34July 12, 2021 8:22 PM

His hole will also have chubby cheeks and permanent-smile.

by Anonymousreply 35July 12, 2021 8:24 PM

Wait until he gets fucked up the ass just right.

His eyes will glow red and he’ll never look back.

He’ll be grinding that perfect round tush like nobody’s business.

by Anonymousreply 36July 12, 2021 8:42 PM

That's not how it works. Self hatred doesn't hinge on orgasms, or lack thereof.

by Anonymousreply 37July 12, 2021 8:46 PM

When I see physical transformation I will be convinced he is getting some.

by Anonymousreply 38July 12, 2021 9:02 PM

He might skip the homosexuality altogether and transition to a woman so he can still be "straight" thinking that might still make him acceptable to his Mormon cult.

by Anonymousreply 39July 12, 2021 11:50 PM

If he's taking part in an ex-gay (or similar) movement, it's strange that he hasn't married. He's being a "good" Mormon.

by Anonymousreply 40July 12, 2021 11:52 PM

There’s no goddamn way in hell this boy is anything but G-A-Y

by Anonymousreply 41July 12, 2021 11:55 PM

He had an IG live and invited fans up. It was a bunch of gays and fraus. He was with his mother but that didn't stop the flirting, so he stopped inviting men up.

by Anonymousreply 42July 12, 2021 11:56 PM

[R39] BF and I thought the same. He used all the lingo about bisexual/asexual/alphabet soup, just a matter of time.

by Anonymousreply 43July 12, 2021 11:57 PM

The men were flirting by text or by audio-visual appearance?

by Anonymousreply 44July 12, 2021 11:58 PM

[R41] Youtube comments on his coming out interview were going in on him for insulting our intelligence and saying otherwise. If he's so super duper attracted to both, why did he admit he can't stay faithful to his girlfriend because he wants dick so bad?

by Anonymousreply 45July 12, 2021 11:59 PM

I wish the T trolls would fuck off. They have to bring it into every conversation.

by Anonymousreply 46July 12, 2021 11:59 PM

[R44] All on video. He may have kept the live up, he was inviting fans to duet with him for some song thing. First 5 people up there were men flirting.

by Anonymousreply 47July 13, 2021 12:00 AM

[Quote] why did he admit he can't stay faithful to his girlfriend because he wants dick so bad?

Where did he say that? He's never even said that he's had sex.

by Anonymousreply 48July 13, 2021 12:00 AM

[R48] Proverbially, we all know he's as virginal as a sunflower. He said on Nightline that he got into it with his girlfriend at the time because he kept checking out men and couldn't understand why he couldn't just be okay with her.

by Anonymousreply 49July 13, 2021 12:01 AM

Gay gay gay

-Not trans

by Anonymousreply 50July 13, 2021 12:02 AM

[Quote] He said on Nightline that he got into it with his girlfriend at the time because he kept checking out men and couldn't understand why he couldn't just be okay with her.

I don't really believe that. It's a neat way to not address why didn't want to make out.

by Anonymousreply 51July 13, 2021 12:04 AM

I'll never understand the whole 'tortured bisexual' thing. David's big Mormon dream is to have a wife and family. Well, if you are truly attracted to women, what is the problem?

by Anonymousreply 52July 13, 2021 12:12 AM

"...if you are truly attracted to women, what is the problem?"

He can't get me out of his head!!!

by Anonymousreply 53July 13, 2021 12:20 AM

[Quote] Well, if you are truly attracted to women, what is the problem?

He and his handlers already thought of that with the "asexual" angle.

by Anonymousreply 54July 13, 2021 12:22 AM

R54 I don't think there is an angle here . I said this in the other thread . I think he had it right with coming out as gay to his family but his family is religious , his community isn't accepting (prop 8 , the November policy ... general asshole behaviour of the LDS church) and most importantly David is religious , he isn't faking that, he really believes , he couldn't allow himself to be gay . So I don't think he came out waving a pride flag , more like "this is my diagnosis , how do I fix this " leading to his association with Northstar. Then he jumped on the bi train because it allowed him not to feel like a complete fraud when attempting to date girls. But as he mentioned in the Nightline interview , he was checking out guys while on dates with a girlfriend . And because he has convinced himself that he's bi and isn't attracted to the girls he is dating he also convinced himself that he's asexual . What he needs now is a nice guy , somebody who isn't in it primarily for sex , maybe with an equally conservative religious background .

by Anonymousreply 55July 13, 2021 1:21 PM

[R55] Spot on. What's sad is even the most devoted of his housefrau fans agree with you. There's a few I've been seeing on his socials that are begging him to live his life openly as a gay man and leave the church. His longtime fans weren't shocked at him being gay, just shocked that he came out at all and used different labels than expected. If he was truly bisexual and okay with it, he wouldn't be behaving the way he is when it comes to dating. He's has been crying about how he sabotages relationships and isn't mentally well for as long as he's been back from his mission. This is a self-hating gay man who is so repressed that his religion is all he knows. He doesn't know how to live a normal life even outside of his sexuality. Tell me again how this religion isn't abusive?

by Anonymousreply 56July 13, 2021 2:31 PM

[R52] The problem is these girls he's dating see right through the mask. He's not attracted to them beyond platonic love, hence the asexual shit.

by Anonymousreply 57July 13, 2021 2:34 PM

How is that spot on? If David is giving talks to other "SGA" men, he's part of the problem.

by Anonymousreply 58July 13, 2021 2:34 PM

[R58] Spot on was to the commenter that said he sees this as an affliction and not a sexual orientation, not to David himself. You're right that he's part of the problem. I just think he knows now that he can't change it, so he's trying to live with it the "godly" way aka remain celibate/claim asexuality and dating women in a sexless situation. He and his religion are all an issue.

by Anonymousreply 59July 13, 2021 10:59 PM

I suspect this children's book will be a mess.

by Anonymousreply 60July 13, 2021 11:03 PM

R39 Why people keep saying such ridiculous things. Sorry but being trans is not such commodity, nothing he said made me think he'll want to be a woman. And religious acceptance of transgenderism left a lot to be desired.

In fact mormonism just promote being gay but without the sex and marrying a woman like a good boy

by Anonymousreply 61July 14, 2021 5:29 PM

He's having another mental health crisis again. IG stories for the past 24 hours have been about needing to improve self esteem, trauma in relationships, whatever the fuck. Get ready for the holy roller shit coming up next, this is a pattern with him.

by Anonymousreply 62July 15, 2021 9:25 PM

I think the TV interview he gave is indicative of how he'll proceed. I don't think he'll foreground the religious talk. And he's clearly media trained with how he reacted to being questioned about dating men. If he's giving these SGA talks as claimed, he's distinctly opposed to men dating other men. But he held his tongue.

by Anonymousreply 63July 15, 2021 9:28 PM

This guys exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 64July 15, 2021 10:20 PM

[quote]If he's giving these SGA talks as claimed

He has been for a long time — North Star, Lift & Love, and fireside-like talks — but there's really no way to prove it to people on the outside, and it seems like no one wants to believe it. I think part of that comes from gay men who were raised Methodist, Catholic, etc. who rightfully walked away but now think they can compare the (lack of) influence their church had over them to the LDS influence, which actually totally rules peoples' lives and is very hard to escape. That isn't a criticism; it's just that no one can understand the totality of the culture and influence without experiencing it.

For example: ask a Catholic kid about minor changes to Vatican policy and which of the higher-ups proposed it, and you'll get a blank stare. Ask a Mormon kid about what Dieter Uchtdorf said at the fall '19 General Conference and why he's their favorite of the Twelve, and they'll give you a full recap, their own analysis, and a long list of reasons.

The people who are privy to these events (I mean, apart from those who have a sassy, mincing, gossipy GA in the family) have had a lifetime of the "us vs. them" mentality being drilled into their heads, and they're also on the same sinking TBM ship as David, which is why you don't see it splashed all over social media. To my knowledge, the most "open" thing prior to all of this was advertising him as a North Star speaker; in writing, even!

by Anonymousreply 65July 15, 2021 10:20 PM

David has a big Panamanian bulge in his jeans. Looking forward to his Only Fans page in a few years. I'll definitely subscribe, as long as he doesn't sing.

by Anonymousreply 66July 15, 2021 10:24 PM

[quote]He's having another mental health crisis again. IG stories for the past 24 hours have been about needing to improve self esteem, trauma in relationships, whatever the fuck. Get ready for the holy roller shit coming up next, this is a pattern with him.

Wait, are we talking about David Archueta or Kegan Keller/Tony Goodfellow?

by Anonymousreply 67July 15, 2021 10:26 PM

I took a look at a couple of minutes of David Archuleta's recent live s. I see no spiralling. His fanmail goes back to 2018, though. Who is his lady assistant? Is he LDS as well?

by Anonymousreply 68July 15, 2021 11:44 PM

*Is she LDS?

by Anonymousreply 69July 15, 2021 11:44 PM

I wanna lick his hole

by Anonymousreply 70July 16, 2021 1:49 AM

[R65] Can confirm. I was raised Mormon, got out at 21. I'm part of several private groups on Facebook for ex-Mormons, some that range in the thousands of members. Every single time Archuleta is brought up, the stories come. People knew him through singles wards, speed dates, their granddaddy's funeral where he sang, hell I've even seen family members claim to be his cousin 6x removed or whatever. It was brought up back before he did North Star (so around 2017) that he was giving firesides to YSA in TN about the "downsides" of SSA and how it drove him toward suicidality. Word didn't get out at the time because 1. David Archuleta was a thing of the past, no one outside of LDS members gave a fuck and 2. OP had their full name out there and ExMo's try to protect our own. Family members of ex-girlfriends of his have also spoken out saying he was a nice man, shit boyfriend and everything he did with his girlfriend seemed forced and vacant. Him claiming to be exploring bisexuality/asexuality/spectrum is a whole lie coined by church heads to keep him from losing face with the secular public for when he does go into a mixed orientation marriage with a woman. He is actively dating right now and was spotted at a single's ward post-coming out. All this to say, being LDS is more in alignment with being a JW or Scientologist, and don't believe everything is peachy-keen with a celebrity the church considers sacred.

by Anonymousreply 71July 16, 2021 2:22 AM

Is Audra McDonald's husband ex Mormon?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72July 16, 2021 2:26 AM

Pretty sure he's still Mormon R72

by Anonymousreply 73July 16, 2021 2:48 AM

That's what I thought. I recall that he and Audra have even done some "summer stock"/cabaret in his hometown. He seems to delight in vulgarity, which doesn't seem very on code for a Mormon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74July 16, 2021 2:53 AM

*even did

by Anonymousreply 75July 16, 2021 2:53 AM

Fellow queers in mother'sbasement rejoice!

by Anonymousreply 76July 16, 2021 2:54 AM

Thanks, r71. I knew there had to be another ExMo or two lurking around here somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 77July 16, 2021 3:05 AM

[quote] There's a few I've been seeing on his socials that are begging him to live his life openly as a gay man and leave the church.

People really have too much time on their hands these days.

by Anonymousreply 78July 16, 2021 4:36 AM

What has "these days" got to do with it? Celebrity is not a social media concept, hon.

by Anonymousreply 79July 16, 2021 4:47 AM

He's promoting Charlie Bird's book on his IG stories and claiming this man's helped him accept his struggles being "gay/bi". Has anyone read the book? It sounds like some crazy Mormon celibacy bullshit to me.

by Anonymousreply 80July 19, 2021 8:37 PM

It's totally against what DL has become, but I really feel sorry for this man, who has been manipulated by his father from childhood, emotionally brainwashed by his church, and crushed by the expectations of "celebrity." When we first saw him, he was probably hiding all of that pain. One can only wish him well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81July 19, 2021 10:13 PM

That's exactly what it is, R80. Charlie Bird is a local quasi-celebrity hoping to stay in the good graces of his family and everyone-everything he knows by allowing himself to be used as the church's ventriloquist dummy while he carries on doing what he's always done.

Everyone knows it, but nobody cares because it's all about mitigating the Prop 8 damage as they bleed members and can't find first-world replacements whose tithe is worth a shit. Anything that advances the "we love and support our gays" PR push to the outside world takes precedence over reality. And taking an active, public role in that performance buys a lot of leeway and silence.

Onward, ever onward...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82July 19, 2021 10:56 PM

[R82] I watched bits of his interview with the loud mouth Mormon chick that interviewed him on IG. It was painful because he clearly knows the church has horrible policies, but he's defending them because leaving would alienate him worse. Just like David. I'll have to keep an eye on this one.

by Anonymousreply 83July 21, 2021 12:06 AM

[R81] DL's always had a soft spot for Archie, myself included. He's so loveable, but his religion is tearing him apart and making him hard to support. I can't get behind someone that does self-hating talks to other closeted gay people on the joys of celibacy and mixed orientation marriage. It's downright archaic.

by Anonymousreply 84July 21, 2021 12:08 AM

He seems like a sweet guy. But I have little patience for 30-year old people who don't know what their sexuality is...

by Anonymousreply 85July 21, 2021 12:17 AM

Even Taylor Lautner would scream MARY! at him.

by Anonymousreply 86July 21, 2021 12:27 AM

[Quote] 30-year old people who don't know what their sexuality is...

I don't believe he's confused about his sexuality. I think he'll say whatever to remain in the good graces of Big Daddy - no longer, Jeff it seems, but the Mormon Church.

by Anonymousreply 87July 21, 2021 2:45 AM

R85 He is not confused, he is scared which is very different

by Anonymousreply 88July 21, 2021 6:29 PM

If it wasn't for the church he would be more likely to be out and dating a man

by Anonymousreply 89July 21, 2021 6:34 PM

[R85] Eh, he's not confused. He knows he's gay, this bisexual/asexual labeling is a way for him to promote the church's stance on M/F marriage being superior while not abandoning his sense of self in the eyes of the public. The way he came out was pre-planned and signed off on by the church. Note the acronym he used-LGBTQIA+, the same acronym Charlie Bird and other famous Mormons use. The coming out post was dropped in the beginning/middle of June, Pride month, but right around news of the church excommunicating a gay married couple.

Suddenly, David books GMA and Nightline, tells a nice tale about the bishop that accepted him complete with a sprinkle of suicidal thoughts that the church accepting him magically made better. And just days after he comes out, the pre-order for his children's Mormon book drops. Get ready for some more Bible-thumping come time for the next single or release of the book. David is naive in some aspects, but not stupid. He's been an indie artist for quite a few years now, he has a team in place.

by Anonymousreply 90July 21, 2021 7:17 PM

So if he's hanging out with all these Mormons, why are his current friends a bunch of non-Mormon gay guys like Kevin McHale? The math isn't adding up here.

by Anonymousreply 91July 21, 2021 7:47 PM

The description of his book:

[quote]Based on the lyrics of David's popular and moving song, My Little Prayer tells the story of a young boy who discovers that what God wants for him is even better than what he wanted for himself. Learn to trust, learn faith, and most of all, learn to pray in this beautifully woven tale of art, music, and faith.

Subtle!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92July 21, 2021 8:01 PM

Will faith feature at all in the kids' book?

by Anonymousreply 93July 21, 2021 8:07 PM

You're joking, right, R93?

by Anonymousreply 94July 21, 2021 8:10 PM

When did David's father find out he loves gay sex?

by Anonymousreply 95July 21, 2021 8:11 PM

[R92] What kind of self insert nightmare is this? Some people need to be told no before they publish.

by Anonymousreply 96July 21, 2021 8:15 PM

North Star IS a conversion therapy organization no matter what they say. They merged with Evergreen International some years back, aka an actual conversion therapy org. I requested to join a couple of North Star's private Facebook groups for shits n giggles. It's nothing but a bunch of sad, lonely self-hating gay men wanting to be told that god loves them and they'll magically love themselves. Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 97July 21, 2021 8:37 PM

In case somebody is wondering about that song behind the book

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98July 21, 2021 8:52 PM

[quote] When is he going to present hole?

Not soon enough

by Anonymousreply 99July 21, 2021 10:35 PM

R95, wasn't there a rumor that Archie's dad suspected he was gay and made him watch straight porn to correct himself?

by Anonymousreply 100July 21, 2021 10:37 PM

It wouldn't surprise me if his dad took him to one of those massage parlors.

by Anonymousreply 101July 22, 2021 4:25 AM

R100 Well, that wouldn't be a surprise.

And yes, religion doesn not any good to this young guy, but the one who screwed his life was his father

by Anonymousreply 102July 22, 2021 5:48 PM

How does Archuleta feed himself at this point? Does he still make records? Do people hire him for weddings and birhdays?

by Anonymousreply 103July 22, 2021 5:57 PM

he still releases music relatively regularly and touring (Covid put a stop to that for the moment ) . Seems to work for him .

by Anonymousreply 104July 22, 2021 9:19 PM

The gay face never lies.

by Anonymousreply 105July 22, 2021 9:21 PM

Davids fucked up dad was said to force David to watch and masturbate to straight porn because he thought he was gay. He supposedly would watch him to be sure he came while jacking to the porn. I didn't believe this when I first read it, but after David admitted he was addicted to Porn, it seems more likely true. Is dad was a horrible individual. He also used corporal punishment on David at an age well after normal dad's would quit.

by Anonymousreply 106July 22, 2021 11:38 PM

Bottoms like looking at straight porn to jerk off to the straight guys licking and fucking pussy so Daddy Archuleta is an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 107July 22, 2021 11:40 PM

I remember that rumor coming out right before Daddy A got busted with hookers at the massage parlor. Prior to that incident, he was like a golden goose to David fans. Rumor makes total sense in hindsight.

by Anonymousreply 108July 23, 2021 12:57 AM

[R90] Welp, new single drops soon. Guess I called it.

by Anonymousreply 109July 23, 2021 12:58 AM

He’s adorable and a good guy

by Anonymousreply 110July 23, 2021 12:59 AM

Thots on the workout videos? Those hairy legs, those THIGHS. Shame about the face though, maybe once he shaves and gets rid of the church he'll be a good underwear model.

by Anonymousreply 111July 23, 2021 3:52 PM

What workout videos?

by Anonymousreply 112July 23, 2021 3:56 PM

I could imagine David modelling an old timey swimming costume, but not underwear.

by Anonymousreply 113July 23, 2021 4:03 PM

David's dream date.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114July 23, 2021 5:00 PM

David's real dream date.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115July 23, 2021 5:02 PM

[quote] [R95], wasn't there a rumor that Archie's dad suspected he was gay and made him watch straight porn to correct himself?

And didn’t it also include eating out pussy

by Anonymousreply 116July 23, 2021 11:02 PM

R112 sometimes he posts them in an instagram story but most often they can be found on his trainer's account .

by Anonymousreply 117July 24, 2021 1:31 PM

R108 Umm, i remember his dad being problematic even during American Idol.

Everybody seemed to love Archie and hate his father, including his fellow contestants

by Anonymousreply 118July 24, 2021 6:27 PM

I would have thought David would avoid the gym for fear of temptation...

by Anonymousreply 119July 24, 2021 6:37 PM

R119 why would he . His trainer is a Christ follower

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120July 24, 2021 7:43 PM

Where's the tea on his exes? I know someone has to know something.

by Anonymousreply 121July 26, 2021 2:26 PM

Leave David alone ! He’s a good guy

by Anonymousreply 122July 26, 2021 2:47 PM

Oh, so soft and cuddl-y

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123July 26, 2021 3:04 PM

What's up with his dad?

by Anonymousreply 124July 27, 2021 12:36 AM

Damn this thread shriveled up fast than his career

by Anonymousreply 125July 28, 2021 12:30 AM

Well, it is part 2, R125.

by Anonymousreply 126July 28, 2021 12:48 AM

[R126] Hole thread lasted generations

by Anonymousreply 127July 28, 2021 1:27 AM

R125 well , he isn't doing anything right now that would feed this thread . David's threads have always been slow burner

by Anonymousreply 128July 28, 2021 1:43 AM

David's hanging out with Kevin McHale and his boyfriend Austin McKenzie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129July 28, 2021 2:42 AM

[quote]David's hanging out with Kevin McHale and his boyfriend Austin McKenzie

Isn't he afraid of catching the gay from them?

by Anonymousreply 130July 28, 2021 3:46 AM

R129 I think that's a good sign of progress. Maybe it's good he has regular gay friends who kiss, cuddle, and fuck without any religious dogma attached to it.

by Anonymousreply 131July 28, 2021 4:49 AM

He needs to break from the Mormon Church and live a little. THEN he'll know who he is.

by Anonymousreply 132July 28, 2021 5:38 AM

R129, he looks like an elderly Mexican man there

by Anonymousreply 133July 28, 2021 1:31 PM

His latest TikToks with Kevin and friends are hilarious. The one with Kevin saying "it came out" about the cake and it pans to David's face was great.

by Anonymousreply 134July 28, 2021 1:33 PM

Wait, David is displaying some personality in these TikToks? Are they on YouTube?

by Anonymousreply 135July 28, 2021 2:02 PM

[R135] Yep, he reposted them on his IG page. Only a couple are on Youtube, but my favorites are the one with him in the car with actual non-Mormons singing songs from the 90s and 00s. He looks messy but comfortable in his own skin. Idk what got Kevin and his man to go out there to see him, but I'm happy for it.

by Anonymousreply 136July 28, 2021 2:24 PM

[Quote] He looks messy but comfortable

Unkempt?

by Anonymousreply 137July 28, 2021 2:27 PM

[Quote] Idk what got Kevin and his man to go out there to see him, but I'm happy for it.

Kevin was in a boyband before GLEE. He's experienced some of what David has.

by Anonymousreply 138July 28, 2021 2:28 PM

Has he had a boyfriend? Curious what kind of guys he likes. I'm guessing slightly older guys who are geeks.

by Anonymousreply 139July 29, 2021 2:36 PM

He's never dated a man, he claims.

by Anonymousreply 140July 29, 2021 2:47 PM

We make jokes about Archie night and day, but the sad truth is--in spite of his unspoiled hole--he's so psychologically damaged at age 30 that he'll never be a good partner to anyone. Unless--of course--he takes the "Speed Fag Course" (Registered Trademark) online, taught by none other than DL un-fave Colton Underwood. Then one is an Insta-homo within a week, complete with hot tub orgies in Mexico!

by Anonymousreply 141July 29, 2021 3:33 PM

R141 Good thing is that a lot of people have recovered from religious trauma . I wouldn't count him out just yet .

by Anonymousreply 142July 29, 2021 3:40 PM

[Quote] he's so psychologically damaged at age 30 that he'll never be a good partner to anyone.

You might have said the same about Raymond Burr who invented an ex wife. But Burr left his male partner a vineyard.

by Anonymousreply 143July 29, 2021 3:44 PM

David Archuleta needs to go live with Mae Whitman.

by Anonymousreply 144July 29, 2021 3:45 PM

Damn his new song is fire! Finally he's making some age appropriate music, fuck the holy roller garbage. Get him back on a mainstream label with some decent promo, ride the nostalgia wave with gen z and he could make a full-scale comeback.

by Anonymousreply 145July 30, 2021 12:06 PM

A tropibop?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146July 30, 2021 12:19 PM

Late Nite Archie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147July 30, 2021 12:23 PM

The lyrics... yikes. Sex pest vibes. He needs to write some songs about men and not women because this ain't it.

by Anonymousreply 148July 30, 2021 1:43 PM

But he's saving himself for marriage.

by Anonymousreply 149July 30, 2021 2:08 PM

R145 is Marie Osmond...and David will be out on tour with me come next month!

by Anonymousreply 150July 30, 2021 3:22 PM

His mental health and/or self-acceptance will not improve until he leaves the Mormon cult.

by Anonymousreply 151July 30, 2021 9:00 PM

Which he is currently not ready to do . He needs to work through his issues in his own pace .

by Anonymousreply 152July 30, 2021 9:09 PM

Why are the Mormons letting him hang out with McHale's Gayvy?

by Anonymousreply 153July 30, 2021 9:23 PM

I wonder how often he's getting beaten with the favorite, and time-tested, weapon of weepy TBM family members: "But where will you go?"

No matter what he says, the response will be: "But [stifled sob] that's not a life."

by Anonymousreply 154July 30, 2021 9:32 PM

I've been out the loop on him for a few years now, but I could have sworn he said he didn't want to sing songs like this latest single. It's a cute track but feels very generic.

by Anonymousreply 155July 31, 2021 2:15 PM

He needs to do a duet with Steve Grand.

On OnlyFans.

by Anonymousreply 156July 31, 2021 2:51 PM

What was that kid called - country and he came out? Billy Gelman? Sing with Billy, David.

by Anonymousreply 157July 31, 2021 4:30 PM

That was Billy Gilman.

by Anonymousreply 158July 31, 2021 5:06 PM

Maybe Archie and Gilman could do a cover of No More Tears (Enough is Enough)...???

by Anonymousreply 159July 31, 2021 6:09 PM

I think something a little more relaxed would suit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160July 31, 2021 6:13 PM

R156Steve has fetishes too so they could bond over that

by Anonymousreply 161July 31, 2021 6:37 PM

David could sing the part opposite Billy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162July 31, 2021 7:57 PM

Billy's bf is handsome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163July 31, 2021 8:00 PM

billy is ugly but yeah his bf is nice looking, good for him.

by Anonymousreply 164July 31, 2021 8:15 PM

His bf looks middle eastern. Very cute

by Anonymousreply 165July 31, 2021 9:43 PM

David posted a Q&A request on IG. Big mistake, comments were filled with "top or bottom?" "do you have a boyfriend?" within 5 minutes. Most are gone by now, pity.

by Anonymousreply 166August 3, 2021 1:58 PM

It bugs me how when people come out, sexual objectification can play such a huge part in the response. It's a real "Welcome to the Club, friend" huh... Not.

by Anonymousreply 167August 3, 2021 2:05 PM

R166, he knew what he was doing with that Q&A. Even if the questions are gone, he foraged for guys he might be into. And/or those who would cream in his hair little, virgin hole.

by Anonymousreply 168August 3, 2021 2:15 PM

[quote] I've been out the loop on him for a few years now

So has the entire world

by Anonymousreply 169August 3, 2021 2:20 PM

[Quote] he foraged for guys he might be into. And/or those who would cream in his hair little, virgin hole.

Get a grip...

by Anonymousreply 170August 3, 2021 2:31 PM

That's Billy's husband.

by Anonymousreply 171August 3, 2021 2:57 PM

Billy and hubby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172August 3, 2021 2:58 PM

R171/R172 They're not married but they are cute

by Anonymousreply 173August 3, 2021 5:47 PM

[R169] Too true. Half the comments on his social media are asking where he's been since Crush.

by Anonymousreply 174August 3, 2021 8:36 PM

Do we think David would have a better career without his father's interference? I think he may have had more opportunities but... David is hard to position.

by Anonymousreply 175August 3, 2021 8:38 PM

[R175] If his dad hadn't interfered in his personal life as well as professional life, maybe. The core of his issues stem from the church and his dad's abuse. He seems to recognize that one was an issue, but craves the other one. It's hard to say, but I do think he'd be more in tune with Hollywood than he is right now.

by Anonymousreply 176August 3, 2021 8:50 PM

Was it ever true that his dad forced him to fuck a prostitute

by Anonymousreply 177August 3, 2021 8:55 PM

[Quote] It's hard to say, but I do think he'd be more in tune with Hollywood than he is right now.

I'm not sure what you mean here. Are you talking about hanging out with Kevin McHale etc.?

by Anonymousreply 178August 3, 2021 9:07 PM

R176 his dad or sexuality certainly didn't help but in the end , as R175 mentioned, David is hard to place . They tried marketing him as another Justin Bieber (or insert teen hearthrob flavour of the month) type but that's just not David . I mean can you see him doing the kind of underwear photoshoots Justin Bieber had . Or Shawn Mendes.

by Anonymousreply 179August 4, 2021 1:46 AM

David has a better body that I would have thought. But, yeah, tricky to go down the sex symbol route with him...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180August 4, 2021 1:52 AM

R179 is some closeted, Mormon pedo. Archie would've done adverts in the Mormon magic undies? Fuck the fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 181August 4, 2021 5:10 AM

R175 Yes, Archie was always too angelic and vanilla to the porny world of pop. He probably could have a couple of good years before having some problems to establish as adult singer.

The transition from teen star to adult singer is complicated even for big names, the problem is industry always watch talent show singers as products to cash while they are new. Generally the ones who know what they want and have enough maturity are able to survive, for the rest there are a lot of gay pride shows to sing (that's the reason it's so bad idea to show your homophobia when you are on a talent show, gays and soccer moms are the best fans you could ever have)

by Anonymousreply 182August 4, 2021 6:18 PM

David should have moved to Ireland. He could have been Daniel O'Donnell.

by Anonymousreply 183August 4, 2021 6:24 PM

[R175] Even without Daddy O, David's personality is very shy and reserved. He's always seemed too normal and unworldly for the industry. He has the voice, the talent, but pop star he is not. Idk why he's trying to make it happen now at the ripe age of 30. His indie phase was much more him.

by Anonymousreply 184August 5, 2021 1:05 AM

R184 he isn't doing anything differently now than he did last year .

by Anonymousreply 185August 5, 2021 1:09 AM

He should have DaBaby hop on a remix.

by Anonymousreply 186August 5, 2021 1:09 AM

So David was on a podcast very recently . It feels like he's so close to getting it but is just not there yet .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187August 6, 2021 3:10 AM

He seems a little more relaxed. I remember him always taking great heaving breaths.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188August 6, 2021 3:27 AM

"I don't want to keep living in a way that is embarrassing." Hmmm... I guess they'll post the full video soon. Hopefully, he's embarrassed by that North Star bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 189August 6, 2021 3:34 AM

Now what the hell was that music video? The music wasn't matching up to his lips, a budget of $20 and some leftovers. He needs a new team STAT. POP EMERGENCY.

by Anonymousreply 190August 6, 2021 12:41 PM

His attempt to dance with girls in that video was his worst attempt at acting since that Filipino soap he was on.

by Anonymousreply 191August 6, 2021 3:05 PM

He needs some dance lessons from Tahj Mowry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192August 6, 2021 3:18 PM

No "Dancing With the Stars" for David!

by Anonymousreply 193August 6, 2021 4:45 PM

No "Dancing With the Stars" for David

Why not? Fucking Bobby Bones won, so any spaz can win.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194August 6, 2021 5:00 PM

Mid tempo dancing really exposes the "dancer" more than uptempo.

by Anonymousreply 195August 6, 2021 5:40 PM

[quote] He needs to do a duet with Steve Grand. On OnlyFans.

They could do a version of - my hole is in fire, my rosebud is flaring

by Anonymousreply 196August 6, 2021 7:02 PM

[quote] R166], he knew what he was doing with that Q&A. Even if the questions are gone, he foraged for guys he might be into. And/or those who would cream in his hair little, virgin hole.

He desperately wants to get plowed - full on breed and seed

by Anonymousreply 197August 6, 2021 7:05 PM

[quote] Was it ever true that his dad forced him to fuck a prostitute

And eat out her box

by Anonymousreply 198August 6, 2021 7:06 PM

Some of you need to be doused with water.

by Anonymousreply 199August 6, 2021 7:16 PM

R198 “I am not unlocking this door until I hear her screaming, you hear me!”

by Anonymousreply 200August 6, 2021 7:39 PM

Just saw the video. How dreadful. I was under the impression this was an out gay man?

by Anonymousreply 201August 6, 2021 9:32 PM

You didn't read his coming out statement, did you?

by Anonymousreply 202August 6, 2021 9:35 PM

R196 yes, I think that could be a lovely gesture on DL icon and gay fisting aficionado Steve Grand’s part to take newly gay David A under his wing, ah, I mean cock ring, and show him the ways of being all things gay. He could start with gay swimwear and underwear and jockstraps.

by Anonymousreply 203August 6, 2021 9:41 PM

[R202] I read enough. He's gay. Give it time, he'll come round.

by Anonymousreply 204August 6, 2021 10:16 PM

[Quote] I read enough. He's gay. Give it time, he'll come round.

If I hadn't heard about the North Star talks, I might have the same point of view as you.

by Anonymousreply 205August 6, 2021 10:31 PM

David covets Jessica Simpson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206August 7, 2021 3:07 AM

*covers

by Anonymousreply 207August 7, 2021 3:07 AM

David shouts out gay singer Pablo Alboran in the view above c. 10:40.

by Anonymousreply 208August 7, 2021 3:37 AM

R206 Jessica Simpson? That song is from Robbie Williams and Archie covered in American Idol

by Anonymousreply 209August 7, 2021 9:55 AM

R208 That was a surprise.

There's no equivalent in english market of Alborán's coming out. He is huge in Spain, the best selling artist of the last decade.

And some people had a very bad reaction to his coming out, showing homophobia has many layers. Alboráns has probably the cleanest image a singer could have, he was considered the perfect son in law one could have

by Anonymousreply 210August 7, 2021 9:58 AM

David's mother is from Honduras and he was a missionary in Chile , he probably doesn't need English sources .

by Anonymousreply 211August 7, 2021 4:59 PM

When Miley Cyrus asked him to dine on her fine finnan haddie, he balked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212August 7, 2021 5:05 PM

David hadn't been feeling spiritual for months and God spoke to him while he was doing yard work, prompting his recent coming out post.

by Anonymousreply 213August 7, 2021 6:30 PM

[R213] Wait where'd he say that at?

by Anonymousreply 214August 7, 2021 11:36 PM

[R212] The comments... yikes. These kids really think he and Jennette Mccurdy could/should date. Did the bisexual lie really work?

by Anonymousreply 215August 7, 2021 11:38 PM

R214 In the Crazy Stupid Fangirls podcast (yes that's their name)

by Anonymousreply 216August 7, 2021 11:38 PM

[R216] Then he needs to leave that fucked up religion and find spirituality outside of that doctrine. Preferably with a man walking him through what it means to hold another guy's hand and not feel like you're gonna burn in hell for it.

by Anonymousreply 217August 7, 2021 11:41 PM

Both hosts are lesbian, btw.

by Anonymousreply 218August 7, 2021 11:42 PM

[Quote] Wait where'd he say that at?

In the podcast mentioned above. The audio is out in full. The video will be posted on Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 219August 7, 2021 11:42 PM

If he's been talking about god speaking to him, he's about to get a lecture. The appproved wording when outsiders are listening is: "I had the impression that..." Even with other active culties, it's more like: "It was impressed upon me that..."

by Anonymousreply 220August 7, 2021 11:53 PM

[R220] Ex-Mo anon here, I was about to say the same thing. If he was anyone else, he'd be in trouble right now. It's kind of shocking to see what he's getting away with now.

by Anonymousreply 221August 8, 2021 1:45 AM

The comment about not feeling spiritual for months led me to wonder if he's maybe stepped back from the church.

The faith children's book gives me pause, though.

by Anonymousreply 222August 8, 2021 2:01 AM

I wouldn't read too much into his not feeling spiritual. I'm sure the other ExMo can confirm, there's nothing they love more than a dramatic testimony in which someone experiencing a crisis of faith is yanked back from the brink by one of the "impressions" I mentioned at R220.

The one that I'll never forget is a 25ish-year-old father of two who didn't get a spot at the Marriott School of Business because his undergrad grades sucked. Why did they suck? Because he had discovered PornHub and now his life was in death spiral, as is always the case when porn is involved. While shopping one day, a malevolent force moved his hand to a six-pack of beer.

When he touched it, a white light shot through his body and a terrible vision was impressed upon his mind: he saw his wife, now a widow, crying over a pile of unpaid bills and an eviction notice; one daughter crying backstage at the strip club where she worked; and the other kid on a tattered old "missing" poster...at the same age he/she was right now! Oh my heck!! It was right around the holidays so I suspect he had watched The Little Match Girl and A Christmas Carol the night before, but his audience ate it up.

Just think of what David could have in store.

One more thing: the book is being published by a "progressive" LDS publisher, not Deseret or dusty old Cedar Fort. He can hang quite comfortably in this self-imposed limbo for years.

by Anonymousreply 223August 8, 2021 3:16 AM

Interesting. I wonder why he's hanging with Kevin McHale, though.

by Anonymousreply 224August 8, 2021 3:18 AM

[quote] These kids really think he and Jennette Mccurdy could/should date.

I think he could/should date Jeannette MacDonald

by Anonymousreply 225August 8, 2021 4:05 PM

Gurl, we need to talk.

by Anonymousreply 226August 8, 2021 5:06 PM

I wonder if he's ever been on Grindr.

by Anonymousreply 227August 8, 2021 5:11 PM

Throwback to when David accidently went to a gay bar

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228August 8, 2021 5:19 PM

I wonder if he's revised his thoughts on gay marraige...

by Anonymousreply 229August 8, 2021 5:22 PM

R229 He received some backlash (it's hard to kick him because it's like to kick a puppy) back then, so i suppose he changed his mind or he learnt to shut his mouth

by Anonymousreply 230August 8, 2021 5:48 PM

The fact that he has a children's book for pre-order in time for the coming out announcement... It's hard not to think this is all heavily strategised.

by Anonymousreply 231August 8, 2021 6:03 PM

Full Video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232August 8, 2021 10:10 PM

The real tragedy is that godforsaken hair. Woof.

by Anonymousreply 233August 9, 2021 2:36 AM

Uh I'm not watching an hour of awkward conversation, someone sum that video up in 2 sentences plz

by Anonymousreply 234August 9, 2021 12:33 PM

I think a sugar daddy is going to snatch him up soon.

by Anonymousreply 235August 9, 2021 1:12 PM

R234 Some Idol days where awkward and exhausting talk . Talk about his sexuality starts at around the 37 minute mark .

by Anonymousreply 236August 9, 2021 2:05 PM

is she on the spectrum????

by Anonymousreply 237August 9, 2021 2:26 PM

Ide make out with him if he were at the top end of it !......he jus needs to mellow out a bit and get sum lovin.

by Anonymousreply 238August 10, 2021 12:58 PM

He needs love. Let sex follow but don't get the two twisted, David.

by Anonymousreply 239August 10, 2021 1:01 PM

[R237] A lot of Mormon men are like this. It's a form of trauma on its own, not necessarily autism.

by Anonymousreply 240August 10, 2021 4:26 PM

Here's the part of the interview dealing specifically with coming out and his struggle with his religious beliefs.

He talks about God speaking directly to him, so, okay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241August 10, 2021 4:48 PM

It has to be a lie because the book deal with an LDS publisher, not to mention the text and illustrations, had to be in place before David had a talk with his Man.

by Anonymousreply 242August 10, 2021 4:50 PM

He speaks zero about his Mom & Dad's reaction or support to his coming out. And it's not in any interview or statement that I've seen. That would seem to be a very interesting and important part of the story that's been purposefully left out. So the reaction can't have been good.

by Anonymousreply 243August 10, 2021 4:53 PM

That's not true. He speaks about his mother. He said she thought that he might have left the church over his coming out.

by Anonymousreply 244August 10, 2021 4:56 PM

R241 Don't take that too literal . What he's essentially saying is that for years he yelled at god to fix him and never stopped the shouting long enough to listen and when he finally did he got the "stop with the begging , I made you message" . You hear that a lot with newly self accepting gay/bi religious people who haven't thrown the bible into a trash can immediately .

by Anonymousreply 245August 10, 2021 11:43 PM

Nothing's adding up for me with this man anymore. What I don't get is how he went from seriously private about any crisis of any sort to being so public about it... at the same time a single and book drops. He came out to family damn near a decade ago and still sees his sexuality as something wrong, "not supposed to be", etc.

What he needs is a therapist outside of that church system, a good amount of time away from anything to do with Mormonism and maybe some time with other gay men who have left religious backgrounds. He doesn't seem to grasp the concept of spirituality aside from religion. His fears about religion being a tool to control him into submission are so close to grasping the problem, but he fell right back into it. The self-loathing and internalized homophobia is all there, it's just being packaged differently so he can remain comfortable in his role as Mormon singing alter boy. Not here for it, sorry.

by Anonymousreply 246August 11, 2021 1:59 AM

In the podcast he spoke about the place he was in prior to coming out as "embarrassing." He also spoke about being at the end of his tether - actually not wanting to be here (on Earth) . It seems like he's accepting the feelings but I think he's holding back on revealing that he has no intention to act on those feelings. He alludes to it with his "waiting for marriage" bit.

by Anonymousreply 247August 11, 2021 2:02 AM

[Quote] he fell right back into it

I'm not so sure he's ever been out of it. I think the "acceptance" of his mission leader when David came out in Chile has kept him in the church. I suspect his crisis of faith is just a narrative and that David is part of overhauling the LDS image re homosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 248August 11, 2021 2:05 AM

I dated a Mormon for a little bit. He was a sex addict. He also kissed with his eyes wide open, which freaked me out. However, he still went to his meetings and Church worship every weekend. After a few years, I think he left the Church, got married to a man in SF and they have an open relationship, so he's still a whore.

by Anonymousreply 249August 11, 2021 5:59 AM

[quote] He also kissed with his eyes wide open, which freaked me out.

This made me LOL.

by Anonymousreply 250August 11, 2021 6:11 AM

The Mormon "Church" is a business that needs followers to survive. They will be re-marketing. Trust. Taste the LDS Rainbow or whatever.

All in the early 80's:

First "real boyfriend" lasted 7 or so months. Practicing latino Catholic. Major lier.

Second - ex-Moron. Family was big LDS in Utah. The most neurotic, wounded person I've ever met. Brilliant, funny. He knew his life was a big Con, but he couldn't move on. Big dick. Who knew?

Third - ex- Jehovah's Witness. Also Latino. Damaged goods. It lasted 26 years. Victim of abject poverty and brainwashing from childhood. He knew it, but couldn't move on.

by Anonymousreply 251August 11, 2021 6:32 AM

What is Mormon anal hygiene like?

by Anonymousreply 252August 11, 2021 6:37 AM

[R241] I'm now convinced he's being used as a pawn for the church to rebrand their image to Gen Z. It's no coincidence that he's been dabbling in TikTok and courting the kids-turned-adults that are going into their nostalgia phase. This is what the church does. They've suffered through a loss of attendance and an entire generation gap that's no longer interested in their archaic religion, so they have to rebrand somehow. I left the church in 2014 and they were already scrambling for new ways to entice the kids back then.

I don't believe there's been a crisis of faith at all, it's very common for Mo's to tell these stories of lapses in faith, questioning God, addiction and struggle, but it always leads to somehow finding "God" again. No one else would get away with saying God spoke to them (big no-no especially regarding SSA) but he gets away with it because -surprise- the church wants him to go down this path. They will claim he is supported and loved so he can rehab their image in the press. Don't be fooled by this whole era of self-discovery he's appearing to have.

Literally the only way I could be convinced otherwise is if he left the church and/or called out leaders BY NAME for their piss poor policies on homosexuality and gay marriage. Until then, he's a pawn for leadership.

by Anonymousreply 253August 11, 2021 1:14 PM

R253 I don't think this has anything to to with any LDS branding or whatever . It's all very normal for a very religious LGBTQ person coming to terms with their sexuality . David's church affiliation doesn't really matter here . Basically he got the message from god himself that he doesn't need to change , that god made him the way he is for a purpose but the way he's been taught scripture all his life contradicts this message . So now he's stuck between god and scripture . Usually what happens is that people will park themselves in side b- ish gay christianity for while before joining side A .

And regarding the LDS church's rection to David , of course they're not going to tough him . It would get to much negative attention . But that's not David's fault .

by Anonymousreply 254August 11, 2021 3:40 PM

How is David stuck between God and Scripture when he has a children's book on Faith ready to go from a Mormon publisher?

by Anonymousreply 255August 11, 2021 3:46 PM

[R255] Exactly. The book's been ready to go for months. I don't believe he's doing this in a malicious or self-serving way, but I do believe he's in cahoots with his church to spread the message in a different way. He came out to his family as gay in 2014, that's 7 years ago. Now he's saying he's bi-ace-maybe homosexual and is trying to figure things out in the spotlight? I'm not buying it. As long as he's affiliated with the church, his movements are suspect to me. I can be a fan of his and acknowledge this.

by Anonymousreply 256August 11, 2021 4:07 PM

Is David's female assistant LDS?

by Anonymousreply 257August 11, 2021 4:13 PM

Who the fuck is this barber he keeps going to? Absolutely TERRIBLE work. Someone give him a link to some Yelp reviews.

by Anonymousreply 258August 11, 2021 10:37 PM

"Basically he got the message from god himself that he doesn't need to change , that god made him the way he is for a purpose but the way he's been taught scripture all his life contradicts this message ."

When you get a message "from God", how can you tell the difference between "the message from God" and your own mind telling you what you want to think/hear...???

It just amazes me that all these people who "get message from God" always end up "hearing" what they want to hear...

by Anonymousreply 259August 12, 2021 12:39 PM

The comments on his TikTok videos are a cesspool. He made a video telling people his new songs, half of the top comments are variations of, "when are we getting new music I miss you please sing Crush fan since 08" STFU children.

by Anonymousreply 260August 12, 2021 2:19 PM

R259 here again...yes, I'm an agnostic...

Also, tell me how "God" tells the right-wing nut jobs that being gay is WRONG and you'll burn n hell if you practice homosexuality, yet "He" is telling Archie "this is how I made you and it's perfectly okay to be gay."

Which side are you on..."God"...??? Either you are PRO-gay or you are ANTI-gay. You can't be both.

by Anonymousreply 261August 12, 2021 2:37 PM

[R260] He needs to fire his team and start over. Time to move back to LA, get on a label that will promo him and put his songs on playlists/radio. That's the only way the kids will know he's never left his pop career.

by Anonymousreply 262August 13, 2021 1:16 PM

I know nothing about David but people here who think bisexuality doesn't exist are exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 263August 13, 2021 1:26 PM

R263 Well, i his case i'ts pretty obvious that it's a blatant lie. If he was really bisexual he'd be married (with a woman) by now

by Anonymousreply 264August 13, 2021 2:50 PM

R263 they exist . David is just not one of them . I seriously doubt he's even asexual . He came out to himself and his family as gay he's also genuinely religious so that was probably more of a "here is my issue how do we fix this" coming out . Then decided he was bi , maybe he liked a girl for a minute and it was easier to deal with , except then he was checking out guys while on dates with his girlfriend . Enter asexuality . Because he's convinced himself that he's bi but not attracted to his girlfriend it must mean that he is asexual .

All in all , he's a sexually repressed gay man who finally came to the point of realizing that no prayer in the world is going to "fix that" and that god is ok with him but scripture is still telling him a different story . So now he's parked himself in sexual Switzerland until he can find a way to bring god and scripture together .

by Anonymousreply 265August 13, 2021 4:20 PM

Why is her hanging around Kevin McHale, though? Is it all part of the LDS mission?

by Anonymousreply 266August 13, 2021 5:14 PM

Not a great sound mix (or material...).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267August 13, 2021 8:57 PM

R266 Why not ? He's allowed to have friends . And I find this need to find some LDS conspiracy weird .

by Anonymousreply 268August 14, 2021 12:25 AM

Friends who fuck each other in the ass?

by Anonymousreply 269August 14, 2021 12:58 AM

(I mean Kevin McHale and his bf. They're hardly living the Mormon way.)

by Anonymousreply 270August 14, 2021 12:59 AM

How many years has it now been since we've been following him -- every single person and insect on the planet knowing he's gay since Day One? It's been a slow moving train wreck. He's slow. Not the brightest bulb. And yet he's moving forward. Slowly. Becoming slightly more aware and articulate every few years or so. Like a tortoise. A very likeable tortoise. And we're cheering him on. While being so embarrassed for him. At some point, victimhood and self-imprisonment become tedious. SNL or someone needs to take off the kid gloves of preciousness and do a direct parody of him now.

by Anonymousreply 271August 14, 2021 7:35 AM

Pooooppers. Poppers will help him sleeeep,

by Anonymousreply 272August 14, 2021 7:39 AM

His hairdresser hates him.

by Anonymousreply 273August 15, 2021 2:05 AM

[R271] There needs to be a study done on how cult-like religions like Mormonism, Jehovah's Witness, whatever cause stunted emotional and intellectual growth in adults. He's 30 years old and is hitting milestones teenagers have already hit. If SNL did a parody on him, I worry he'd have a suicidal crisis.

by Anonymousreply 274August 15, 2021 2:21 PM

[quote] Pooooppers

He does have a nice pooper.

by Anonymousreply 275August 15, 2021 2:38 PM

[quote]There needs to be a study done on how cult-like religions like Mormonism, Jehovah's Witness, whatever

ALL religions are "cult-like."

by Anonymousreply 276August 15, 2021 3:18 PM

Mormons are not well.

by Anonymousreply 277August 16, 2021 12:09 AM

I'm not well. And I'm not getting married.

by Anonymousreply 278August 16, 2021 12:11 AM

His aunt is on Facebook adding all the house frau stans and spilling family bullshit in Spanish. Does she know what a privacy block is? Apparently David is accepted by his family only if he continues to date women and remain celibate with men. Gawd is watching.

by Anonymousreply 279August 16, 2021 12:12 AM

Gosh, Archie guest starred on some cool shows.

by Anonymousreply 280August 16, 2021 12:14 AM

[Quote] His aunt is on Facebook adding all the house frau stans and spilling family bullshit in Spanish. Does she know what a privacy block is? Apparently David is accepted by his family only if he continues to date women and remain celibate with men. Gawd is watching.

Does he interact a lot with his family on social media?

Have any of his siblings broken away?

by Anonymousreply 281August 16, 2021 12:15 AM

R281 usually only with his two of his sisters . Not sure if those two are the only ones on instagram . One went on a mission and married shortly after to what seems to be a returned missionary and now has a baby .

by Anonymousreply 282August 16, 2021 2:02 AM

R282 that was meant to say "with two of his sisters "

by Anonymousreply 283August 16, 2021 2:04 AM

Which of the sisters did the dad call a whore?

by Anonymousreply 284August 16, 2021 2:11 AM

I've listened to a couple Jennette McCurdy podcasts but I didn't get a sense that she's still a Mormon. Does anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 285August 16, 2021 2:12 AM

R284 I guess his oldest sister . She was the only one with a kid for a while .

by Anonymousreply 286August 16, 2021 2:17 AM

[R281] He has a fake name on his account and it's completely locked down, no profile picture or anything. Only reason I know that was because a frau tagged him in a post and he's friends with his aunts. I did come across a distant cousin of his that said something to the effect of, "glad he finally told the truth, we've known since he was a kid".

by Anonymousreply 287August 16, 2021 3:22 PM

[R286] Definitely Claudia. The ugly stick hit her in the face big time. What's funny is she used to troll David's old fansites back in the day under the name ToxicGlitter.

by Anonymousreply 288August 16, 2021 3:23 PM

[quote]The moral of the story: religion ruins everyone's lives.

Fixed.

by Anonymousreply 289August 16, 2021 3:53 PM

I always thought he was likeable, but not the greatest singer. Odd sounding voice. Super sweet, but why he has always had SO many fans has been a mystery to me. He can still play clubs and sell them out. His voice isn't anything special and his songs are mediocre.

by Anonymousreply 290August 16, 2021 5:31 PM

[quote] What's funny is she used to troll David's old fansites back in the day under the name ToxicGlitter.

R287, really? What would she say?

by Anonymousreply 291August 16, 2021 5:35 PM

R290 It's a question of taste. I remember people saying something similar about David Cook, and in my oppinion Cook is one of the best singers who was on American idol.

David has a pretty voice and a lot of range, and his voice is very personal and recognizable. Probably not the most commercial type of voice nowadays, but he is a pretty good singer

by Anonymousreply 292August 16, 2021 5:41 PM

he's also a very good live singer who always sounds worse on recordings .

by Anonymousreply 293August 16, 2021 6:46 PM

[Quote] What would she say?

"David sucks cocks in Hell's Kitchen!"

by Anonymousreply 294August 16, 2021 11:48 PM

Let's address why David seems to view gay attraction as equaling sex, while he views het attraction as acceptable enough to risk dating and relationships. Last I checked, that wasn't being asexual, that was being gay AND ignorant. What's in the water over in Mormonland?

by Anonymousreply 295August 18, 2021 1:20 AM

But has he really risked dating and relationships? He could have a wife. He doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 296August 18, 2021 1:23 AM

R296 He definitely had a girlfriend he took on dates because he talked about how he would notice guys while on dates with her . And I think he associates gay attraction with sex because lots of people do that . Just look at the comment section when a celebrity , actor , athlete ... comes out . Why do we need to know this ? I don't care what he does in his bedroom . People don't envision romance , they see (anal)sex.

by Anonymousreply 297August 18, 2021 2:55 AM

Wonder if his girlfriend had to follow these rules

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298August 18, 2021 3:14 AM

How many dates? And he could talk about anything... He's still doing the church's work. (Pre-order his kids' book now!)

by Anonymousreply 299August 18, 2021 3:15 AM

[Quote] Viewing pornography or watching movies with nudity is not allowed.

Oops.

by Anonymousreply 300August 18, 2021 3:17 AM

It seems like when a closeted celebrity is a DL favorite before they come out, then the interest by DLers dies down after they come out. With DA, he's getting more attention now here then he did before.

by Anonymousreply 301August 18, 2021 3:20 AM

[R299] I posted a few weeks back about how Ex-Mormon Facebook groups had a topic when he came out. Some of the families of his ex-girlfriends mentioned they weren't surprised. He told GMA the reason he wrote his coming out post was because his girlfriend broke up with him recently. When Mormons date, they typically date for marriage prospects, especially if you're in your mid-late 20s.

by Anonymousreply 302August 18, 2021 2:24 PM

Religion fucks people up. AVOID IT!

by Anonymousreply 303August 22, 2021 7:28 AM

R303 Unfortunately it cane be hard to avoid when you're born into it

by Anonymousreply 304August 22, 2021 3:40 PM

*can

by Anonymousreply 305August 22, 2021 3:40 PM

Lindsey Stirling , Derek Hough and David Archuleta . Is there anything more mormony .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306August 22, 2021 5:33 PM

[quote] Is there anything more mormony .

It needs at least one Osmond.

by Anonymousreply 307August 22, 2021 6:51 PM

Who is Lindsey Sterling? I know of Huff from the Yellow/Monkey Troll.

by Anonymousreply 308August 23, 2021 1:53 AM

[R306] I managed 5 minutes before skipping to the gay discussion. Once again it's clear this 30 year old manchild is stunted and knows nothing about sexuality. Someone save him.

by Anonymousreply 309August 23, 2021 1:54 AM

What's the timestamp for gay?

by Anonymousreply 310August 23, 2021 1:58 AM

He can save himself, just like the rest of us had to. The only thing he deserves at this point is a recitation of the Licked Cupcake parable or maybe the one about the Little Factory, because he's obviously still stuck at that level.

by Anonymousreply 311August 23, 2021 2:13 AM

Surely it was a Licked Donut?

by Anonymousreply 312August 23, 2021 2:18 AM

Sorry, Ariana. Satan has dominion over donuts, not cupcakes. Donut holes tempt young men to jokingly stick their fingers in and out in order to lead other young men astray with their x-rated humor. Before long they're all watching porn and tampering with their little factories, perhaps even together!

by Anonymousreply 313August 23, 2021 2:45 AM

When does David start talking about his sexuality in the Mormon podcast?

by Anonymousreply 314August 23, 2021 2:56 AM

[R314] Around the 30 minute mark. If you turn on CC you can scroll through the subtitles until you see the topic.

by Anonymousreply 315August 23, 2021 1:19 PM

Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 316August 23, 2021 1:19 PM

I am begging someone to please salvage what's left of his hair. His barber should be put out to pasture, my gawd.

by Anonymousreply 317August 24, 2021 12:07 PM

Has he set up his OF? He’s running out of time.

by Anonymousreply 318August 24, 2021 12:15 PM

He'll set up an Onlyfans after the porn ban takes effect. His videos will include excerpt readings from his kids book.

by Anonymousreply 319August 24, 2021 4:30 PM

[R319] THIS

by Anonymousreply 320August 25, 2021 12:25 AM

His new single flopped. Should have had a guy in the video as the love interest, maybe mainstream media would have reported on it and given him a couple more streams.

by Anonymousreply 321August 25, 2021 1:22 PM

David would get a lot of publicity if he would just say," Fuck it," and present a music video like Korean gay singer Holland, who dared to come out in a generally non-accepting country. Go to the 2:00 mark and imagine if this would be David in a video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322August 25, 2021 2:12 PM

R321 I always get the impression he doesn't really care about numbers . He still has enough clout to get publicity as one of the more memorable idol participants . He's just not doing it . And he seems happy in his niche and not overwhelmed and like a deer in the headlights like in 2008-2011.

by Anonymousreply 323August 25, 2021 3:06 PM

[R322] Bless Holland, he's a good one. I've been observing him since he dropped his first single, Korea has pretty much blacklisted him and he had to learn English to communicate with his fans. Not the best looking or the best voice, but he's got more balls than 99% of Korean idols do.

by Anonymousreply 324August 25, 2021 6:58 PM

Or 99% of American closeted performers do.

by Anonymousreply 325August 25, 2021 7:28 PM

some more Archie rambling on TikTok . And lol to that poor deluded girl in the youtube comments

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326August 26, 2021 12:23 AM

The older he gets, the more creepy his personality and behavior are going to seem.

by Anonymousreply 327August 26, 2021 3:19 AM

I have to say, I like this current talkative David . Gives this thread something to work work with that isn't his hole .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328August 27, 2021 1:04 AM

Oh my word, never expected this level of openness from him. Haven't watched the video of the interview yet, just the transcript, but I'm surprised he's saying he's open to dating men. It seems he's set on using the bisexual label, but his experience with dating women and his ex girlfriend leaves me convinced he is not attracted to women in any way. I'll have to watch the full video and hear his tone to pick up on the particulars.

by Anonymousreply 329August 27, 2021 1:23 AM

He should do that Naked Boys Singing gig in Las Vegas. That would draw a crowd!

by Anonymousreply 330August 27, 2021 1:25 AM

My gawd break out the Diana Ross, he's going global on Yahoo and US Magazine. Truly a STAR.

by Anonymousreply 331August 27, 2021 1:27 AM

I wish more religious gays would do as he has done:

I'm just praying and asking, “God, if you are there and if you really have a plan for me, really, I don't want this. I don't want to go through something that you don't want for me. So, please take this far from me. Please just take it from me, so that I am not living in a way that you wouldn't want me to.”

And it was like the first time in a long time that I heard Him. And He just said, “David, you need to stop asking me this.” It was so straight-up and so clear. I was like, “What?” And He said, “I don't look at it the same way that you are looking at it. You need to stop asking me to change something that I intended for you. I created you this way, and now it's for you to understand why.”

by Anonymousreply 332August 27, 2021 1:32 AM

[quote]I wish more religious gays would do as he has done:

You do? Because the next two paragraphs are the exact — and I do mean EXACT — message and language of the church-sanctioned and -promoted book he's promoting.

by Anonymousreply 333August 27, 2021 1:41 AM

No, just the sentiment in the post.

by Anonymousreply 334August 27, 2021 2:06 AM

R333 can I ask you why you always behave like David is some sort of high ranking church undercover operative ?

by Anonymousreply 335August 27, 2021 2:11 AM

Wonder what David thinks of this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336August 27, 2021 2:17 AM

R335, not high-ranking; anyone with the tiniest bit of recognition will do. Look at how much mileage they tried to get out of BYU’s mascot. He’s a complete nobody, even in Utah, yet he was pushed and pushed as though he had a message the world was dying to hear.

Again, if you’re trying to draw a parallel to how the Catholic, Methodist, Episcopalian, etc. churches would handle this (hint: they wouldn’t have to), you’re way off track. Do a little research on the post-Prop 8 fallout and how many younger, middle-class, college-graduate, tithing members they’ve lost and continue to lose, and maybe it will make more sense to you.

by Anonymousreply 337August 27, 2021 2:40 AM

I think it would have been easier for him to come out earlier if more people had had the courage to scream at him, “We know you’re gay! You’re gay!” so that he would know his attempts to hide weren’t even working.

by Anonymousreply 338August 27, 2021 3:30 AM

[Quote] I think it would have been easier for him to come out earlier if more people had had the courage to scream at him, “We know you’re gay! You’re gay!” so that he would know his attempts to hide weren’t even working.

Are you gay?

by Anonymousreply 339August 27, 2021 6:00 AM

Maybe if he released a video like Jamie Miller's. Wait until the end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340August 27, 2021 12:33 PM

Who is Jamie Miller?

by Anonymousreply 341August 27, 2021 12:36 PM

"And it was like the first time in a long time that I heard Him. And He just said, “David, you need to stop asking me this.” It was so straight-up and so clear. I was like, “What?” And He said, “I don't look at it the same way that you are looking at it. You need to stop asking me to change something that I intended for you. I created you this way, and now it's for you to understand why.” And this is not what I thought. I didn't think this is how He looked at it. I thought this is something I need to overcome and persevere through and push aside. That's what I thought were His commandments and stuff. And He was just like, “David, I don't look at it the same way as most people in church look at it. I know there are people trying to follow me and stuff, but I think it's time for you to understand better how I see it. … Perhaps you need to make what you think are mistakes.” And I was like, “Huh? What I think are mistakes?” That was very specific. So then I was like, “Well, what kind of ‘mistakes’ should I make?” I didn't want to do anything wrong. And He's like, “I don't tell you what mistakes to make. That's for you to figure out. But I give you permission to make mistakes. You're going to out and do what you thought were mistakes and aren't. And also you'll make mistakes, but it's fine, because I trust you. I trust that you'll get back up and keep moving forward. And I know you trust me, David. So, you'll figure it out.”

Last time I checked, people having specific conversations with 'God' like this were labeled schizophrenic and put on medication. David, God wasn't speaking to you, you were speaking to yourself. Please seek secular therapy, clearly Mormon-sponsored therapy isn't helping.

by Anonymousreply 342August 27, 2021 12:59 PM

And God Sayeth: "Brunch with Kevin McHale, my son."

by Anonymousreply 343August 27, 2021 1:11 PM

R337 but you still make it sound like he had some meetings with church elders who told him what to do and are pulling the strings. The way I see it he's like any other deeply religious gay guy growing up in a restrictive enivronment finally getting to self acceptance . The only difference here is that David has an idol fanbase who still cares about him and wants to know what's going on in his life .

by Anonymousreply 344August 27, 2021 1:24 PM

David had a children's book from a Mormon publisher ready to pre-order when he made his coming out statement. It's not controversial that some might see him as still deep in bed with the LDS.

by Anonymousreply 345August 27, 2021 1:46 PM

Well, he fucked up. He posted a rambling, incoherent IG live video about the Mormon church's latest homophobic talk from an elder at BYU. Some HIGHlights from this mess of a video include: "I like to call it attraction and not just sexuality," "I love Elder Holland, we all say things that get misinterpreted," "Imagine what the first woman in the church felt (...) I think you could she was a her," and last but not least, the ever-present, "I'm glad we can have this conversation, I love everyone who doesn't feel heard."

These types of nonsensical rambles (or "David-isms" like the fraus call it) were acceptable years back when no one was checking for him in the mainstream. Now that he's trying to make some waves in the secular world again, this type of shit won't be tolerated. Comments are already in the hundreds and bickering back and forth from the gays to the hets. For the love of gawd, stick to text.

by Anonymousreply 346August 27, 2021 3:56 PM

[Quote] "Imagine what the first woman in the church felt (...) I think you could she was a her,"

Context?

by Anonymousreply 347August 27, 2021 4:01 PM

[Quote] "I like to call it attraction and not just sexuality,"

He's down for cuddling, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 348August 27, 2021 4:02 PM

I knew those doubting the (Ex-)Mormons posting in this thread were wrong. David is not a friend.

by Anonymousreply 349August 27, 2021 4:08 PM

[Quote] Calling out a former student, a valedictorian, who revealed that he’s gay during a commencement speech two years ago, as Holland did, saying the student “commandeer(ed) the graduation podium intended to represent everyone getting diplomas,” as a means of pushing “individual license over institutional dignity,” was harsh and misplaced, not Christlike.

[Quote] What’s to be feared about a gay man giving the encouraging news to one and all that he could successfully graduate from BYU? Many took that as a moment of enlightenment. Moreover, that student said the talk was preapproved by the school. He commandeered nothing.

[Quote] And maybe that was what bothered Holland the most.

[Quote] Meantime, he mentioned how much he and his brethren atop the church love everyone “who live with this same-sex challenge,” saying further that, “Too often the world has been unkind, in many instances crushingly cruel, to these our brothers and sisters.”

[Quote] But by harping on the topic, the subtle cruelty continues.

[Quote] “We have to be careful that love and empathy do not get interpreted as condoning and advocacy, or that orthodoxy and loyalty to principle not be interpreted as unkindness or disloyalty to people,” Holland said. “As near as I can tell, Christ never once withheld his love from anyone, but he also never once said to anyone, ‘Because I love you, you are exempt from keeping my commandments.’”

[Quote] But what about the two biggest commandments?

[Quote] Everything else is second place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350August 27, 2021 4:10 PM

[R347] My dumbass misspelled the last sentence, but he went on a 2 minute ramble about how it must have felt for the first woman speaker in the church to be placed in an important position and how that relates to gay people getting positions in the church. No real context.

by Anonymousreply 351August 27, 2021 4:21 PM

[R349] I'm used to the doubting. No one outside of the Mormon church truly understands how insular the community is and how we're taught from birth the right things to say or do. He can say he's not a spokesperson for the church entity, but that's bullshit. Anyone without his level of celebrity and clout would be chastised and possibly excommunicated for putting words in 'God's' mouth like this. He said he had a full-scale conversation with God himself. That's the type of shit that gets you written up, especially since he's saying God was supporting his SSA (as the elders would put it) and possibly dating.

by Anonymousreply 352August 27, 2021 4:24 PM

R349 No but there is a type of person who leaves the church who will forever define himself /herself by the thing they no longer claim to be and they can be as narrowminded and dogmatic as the worst TBMs . There is only black and white for them , there is no place to grow , in spirituality or personality . If you're not immediately become an atheist you can pound sand basically . For them it's not enough that David came out as not straight and clearly on his own path to where ever it takes him , he has to remove his records , wave a pride flag around while handing out CES letters and call out church leaders 24/7 .

It was why I had such a hard time leaving because I didn't want to become that angry person and that person was the only image of somebody who left that I had .

by Anonymousreply 353August 27, 2021 4:29 PM

His emphasis on "I like to call it attraction and not just sexuality" pretty much telegraphs how he sees himself as a church eunuch.

by Anonymousreply 354August 27, 2021 4:29 PM

Does he have a full bush?

by Anonymousreply 355August 27, 2021 4:31 PM

R354 if you're unmarried that's how you feel . It's drilled into you that sex outside marriage is bad , really really bad . And now add the oversexualisation of homosexuality into the mix . He actually talked about that a bit in the interview in R328

by Anonymousreply 356August 27, 2021 4:34 PM

So according to Archuleta, we should love and respect church leaders when they shit out hate speech left and right? Spineless. The nerve of him to do interviews about his sexuality with secular press then turn around and act like homophobia is just a disagreement that we can discuss at a dinner table. Pft.

by Anonymousreply 357August 27, 2021 4:43 PM

"Who is Jamie Miller?"

Just came out as bi, but probably gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358August 27, 2021 5:19 PM

R344, I can't fault you for not understanding how tightly the tentacles wrap around church members, because why would anyone on the outside? I can tell you this: every member, from supermarket cashier to Presidential candidate, is told they're a missionary and the public face of the church. It is drilled into people's heads from the time they can comprehend language and no one escapes that pressure.

Are you familiar with the "I'm a Mormon" campaign that followed the initial Prop 8 backlash? Do you think everyone who participated in that did so because they thought it was a wonderful idea and something that would be great for their career? They were indeed, as you put it, called in, told what to do, and had their strings pulled.

You're free to believe that the ExMos posting here are just making things up and his "coming out" to those outside the Morridor was purely organic. That's fine. The tie-in with the grand opening of BYU's Office of Belonging is a coincidence. It's a coincidence that his messaging and even wording comes directly from a book published by a company specifically formed to push the we're-so-progressive agenda* of one side of the GA. It's a coincidence that Deseret Book, three months out, is screaming "COMING SOON!!"

It's all coincidental and a church that micromanages anything that comes within its orbit is just completely out of the loop on this one, to the point of not knowing what its own church-owned entities are doing.

*By progressive, I'm talking about children's books pushing wildly liberal and hugely controversial notions such as: Some women work outside the home! Boys can have women as heroes! Climate change is real! And my favorite:

[quote]Did you know that the Lone Ranger was likely inspired by a black cowboy? Or that some of the most famous sharpshooters in the West were women? Or how a Native American rodeo star could ride even a buffalo? These are no tall tales!

by Anonymousreply 359August 27, 2021 6:14 PM

David obviously hasn't been summoned by President Oaks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360August 27, 2021 7:00 PM

[R359] Spot on. It sounds crazy and like a conspiracy theory to anyone who isn't/wasn't deep into the Mormon church's clutches. I can promise you, a majority of young adults that were raised in the church are stunted emotionally and mentally and not on the same wavelength as the rest of society. Manipulation is very easy inside the church because they keep so many of us reliant on their 'guidance'. So for David, it probably comes naturally to him to parrot the church's bullshit while claiming he's doing it independently. We all thought we were independent of thought until we realized we weren't. Anything that appears organic and done on his own probably isn't.

This bisexual nonsense from him is another product of Mormonism philosophy. He's trying to force himself to be with women because that's what's expected of him. He's only just dipping his toes into the gay world, a lot of our history and understanding of sexuality is probably foreign to him. He's going to have to make up lost ground at 30.

by Anonymousreply 361August 28, 2021 12:53 PM

Still not grasping how he went from "some spectrum of bisexual" to calling himself gay on an IG story, then back to bisexual for an interview all in a month. Is the church forcing him to say he's bi? Mormons weigh in.

by Anonymousreply 362August 30, 2021 8:35 PM

I don't think he really sees men as a romantic possibility.

by Anonymousreply 363August 30, 2021 8:54 PM

Only because that's what he's been brainwashed to believe R363

by Anonymousreply 364August 30, 2021 9:03 PM

[Quote] he dated both men and women for almost a decade.

Hasn't David been quoted in a TV interview as saying he hasn't dated any men?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365August 31, 2021 11:35 AM

[R365] Damn, he must have contacted them immediately because they corrected that part in an instant. Wonder what he means by "getting to know guys". Could we see David in a relationship with another man by the time he turns 40? The world may never know.

by Anonymousreply 366August 31, 2021 2:59 PM

Well, Britian's original bachelor boy and Christian, Cliff Richard, lives with an ex-priest. It could happen similarly for Archie.

by Anonymousreply 367August 31, 2021 3:05 PM

R366 Don't think it'll take that long given that it didn't take him long to go from ok I don't need to change to publically coming out . It was the struggle to get there in the first place that seemed to have taken the most time .

by Anonymousreply 368August 31, 2021 3:09 PM

The timeline remains suspect while he's in cahoots with the Mormon church.

by Anonymousreply 369August 31, 2021 3:11 PM

[R369] No one here seems to understand this. He has a book for Mormon kids coming out in days. A new single dropped and flopped weeks ago. This media tour is happening while a major elder in the church is telling members to get muskets and fire on anyone that disturbs the church's ideals (right after shitting on gay people). This is a shitshow and I'm here to watch the trainwreck continue. It's best not to get connected to someone who aligns themselves so closely with the religious cousin of Scientology.

by Anonymousreply 370August 31, 2021 8:33 PM

[quote]a major elder in the church is telling members to get muskets and fire on anyone that disturbs the church's ideals (right after shitting on gay people).

Yes, and as soon as Holland finished his little rant (because he's in a snit over BYU's new Office of Belonging, which actually has some upcoming things with the ever-so-conflicted Brother Archuleta) DA ran to his defense, claiming he was "coming from a place of love."

Does this sound like love?

[quote]Then Elder Oaks said challengingly, “I would like to hear a little more musket fire from this temple of learning.” He said this in a way that could have applied to a host of topics in various departments, but the one he specifically mentioned was the doctrine of the family and defending marriage as the union of a man and a woman. Little did he know that while many would hear his appeal, especially the School of Family Life who moved quickly and visibly to assist, some others fired their muskets all right, but unfortunately didn’t always aim at those hostile to the church. A couple of stray rounds even went north of the point of the mountain!

[quote]My beloved brothers and sisters, “a house divided against itself . . . cannot stand,” and I will go to my grave pleading that this institution not only stands but stands unquestionably committed to its unique academic mission and to the church that sponsors it. We hope it isn’t a surprise to you that your trustees are not deaf or blind to the feelings that swirl around marriage and the whole same-sex topic on campus.

[quote]Musket fire? Yes, we will always need defenders of the faith, but “friendly fire” is a tragedy — and from time to time the church, its leaders and some of our colleagues within the university community have taken such fire on this campus. And sometimes it isn’t friendly — wounding students and the parents of students who are confused about what so much recent flag-waving and parade-holding on this issue means.

[quote]My brethren have made the case for the metaphor of musket fire, which I have endorsed yet again today. There will continue to be those who oppose our teachings and with that will continue the need to define, document, and defend the faith.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371August 31, 2021 9:12 PM

There were two changes, R366. His little factory just had a labeling issue, that's all. Nothing to see here.

[quote]CORRECTION (Aug. 31, 2021, 10:30 ET): A previous version of this story contained inaccurate information about Archuleta's dating life.

Then:

[quote]Going back and forth between gay and bisexual, he dated both men and women for almost a decade.

Now:

[quote]while also personally struggling with labeling himself, going back and forth between gay and bisexual.

Then:

[quote]He is currently dating someone who is a man, and he is using his platform to be an advocate.

Now:

[quote]He is currently "getting to know guys” and he is using his platform to be an advocate.

by Anonymousreply 372August 31, 2021 9:48 PM

[R372] Well damn, sounds like either the writer completely fudged the deal or David told some things to the interviewer he probably shouldn't have. David dating a man? In 2021? Pigs are flying as we speak.

by Anonymousreply 373September 1, 2021 10:59 AM

Does David have a publicist?

by Anonymousreply 374September 1, 2021 11:00 AM

Do Mormon gays get their own planets?

by Anonymousreply 375September 1, 2021 12:48 PM

In the early 1980's when I was 21, I dated an ex-moron 15 or 16 years my senior. He grew up in Utah, married a woman whose father was a bigwig in the cult, then came out later in life and moved to San Francisco. We were together for about a year. He's the most emotionally fucked up person I've ever known, with stunted maturity. But unlike Archie, he is/was very intelligent. He realized what a farce that whole religion (and religion in general) is at some point, but played the game because that's all he knew. LDS really raped him intellectually until he learned that he could say "No!". There was a huge price to pay in terms of rejection by everyone he knew. Wow, was he great in bed sometimes! I assumed making up for lost time. There was this thing about me wearing the "magic underwear". Which I didn't "get" until decades later. I enjoyed waking up in his apartment with a bit of a hangover, getting coffee and having a cig. He was appalled (and rightly so). But I couldn't handle his many neuroses. Incredibly paranoid and cynical. I don't think David is even bright enough to get out of this, but if so, there will be damage, like going to extremes such as getting into meth or similar.

by Anonymousreply 376September 4, 2021 8:15 AM

[R376] Oh wow, and that was someone who wasn't famous. No telling what this one will end up doing. I remember when he posted a photo of him tearing all his shit up for "therapy" a couple years back. Said it was to train his aggression, the fuck?

Anyways, anyone see the alt version of his newest video? The original version was too messy with both versions of the song and the women dancing, this one is just him and two other men. Still too try-hard, but what can you expect from a 30 year old religious shut in.

by Anonymousreply 377September 4, 2021 11:37 AM

[Quote] I enjoyed waking up in his apartment with a bit of a hangover, getting coffee and having a cig. He was appalled (and rightly so).

Appalling? Appealing!

by Anonymousreply 378September 4, 2021 12:19 PM

still talking . It's weird to see him actually talking more then 5 words in row .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379September 4, 2021 4:08 PM

[R379] Any highlights? I got 2 minutes in and can't stand the Crush jokes.

by Anonymousreply 380September 4, 2021 4:41 PM

At r379 , he's covering some of the same coming-out material that he's spoken about before, but it's still interesting.

It starts at about timemark 17:00

He talks about his struggle with these feelings as early as elementary school. (And that he has been praying to change for DECADES.) So when he thinks he is being criticized for talking about his sexuality because young, impressionable kids might hear it, he says:

[quote] When I was a kid, eight or nine years old, and I didn't understand why my feelings were different from what people were telling me they should be, I wish I would have had someone talking about it, to help me know that there wasn't something completely wrong with me....

by Anonymousreply 381September 4, 2021 5:02 PM

Hearing him say the words gay and homosexual relating to himself (at least until the bisexual shit came up) is just great. If you had told me in 2008 he'd be addressing this so openly, I'd be eating shoes for dinner.

by Anonymousreply 382September 6, 2021 12:30 PM

I wonder how long it'll take for him to dump the bi angle again .

by Anonymousreply 383September 6, 2021 2:25 PM

[quote]A new single dropped and flopped weeks ago.

Just need to mention that in the music business, the chances of any single being a hit is based on label support and radio support. I don't follow David's career but I don't think he's on a major label. People like him put out singles because they want to keep making music, for fans to buy and enjoy. I don't know what's considered a flop, in this context. If you expect him to put out a song that charts and gets a lot of play, that won't happen.

by Anonymousreply 384September 6, 2021 2:38 PM

R383 Not as long as he's with the church. Plus I feel like he threw in the whole 'bisexual' angle because he thinks he'll lose his female audience without it.

by Anonymousreply 385September 6, 2021 2:42 PM

[Quote] the chances of any single being a hit is based on label support and radio support.

If only.

by Anonymousreply 386September 6, 2021 2:45 PM

R385 Except David doesn't seem like that kind of mercenary, insincere type of person. Some people really are trying to be honest as best they can.

by Anonymousreply 387September 6, 2021 2:46 PM

If it were about female fans, he wouldn't have felt the need to throw out asexual. He wants to communicate that homosexual acts should not trouble the minds of his followers.

by Anonymousreply 388September 6, 2021 2:47 PM

typical responses. 1) we knew he was a homo 2) clearly, a big ole bottom 3) isn't out enough 4) nobody cares 5) I'd do him if no one else were around

honestly, can you blame him for not coming out?

by Anonymousreply 389September 6, 2021 2:48 PM

David had a book pre-order and a music video drop in quick succession after his coming out post... I'll never understand fangurls and their "My fave is just livin' his life" narrative. Celebs, they're not just like us. They succeed my manipulating perceptions of their audience. Didn't Whitney take part in some "Don't Do Drugs" campaign at the outset of her career despite her dedicated drug use? Celebs sell an image, even the "nicest" ones.

by Anonymousreply 390September 6, 2021 2:50 PM

[Quote] honestly, can you blame him for not coming out?

You people who try to scold DLers are beyond silly. As if any of the things you suggested are harder to contend with than the conditional love of David's family and the LDS cult.

by Anonymousreply 391September 6, 2021 2:52 PM

[quote]David had a book pre-order and a music video drop in quick succession after his coming out post... I'll never understand fangurls and their "My fave is just livin' his life" narrative.

I don't think anyone would doubt that it was coordinated, but I doubt it was a publicity stunt, to sell a book, or music. And I'm not a fangurl. I can see him deciding that since he's about to be more visible, he should address certain questions and perceptions. Maybe he thought he would have the most media attention at this time, to get out his message. Artists often time things in this way, they do have to be careful of their image, and how they're perceived. But just doing this to sell shit, no, I don't think so.

by Anonymousreply 392September 6, 2021 3:01 PM

Watched the full interview. There is no doubt in my mind this is a gay man being told he needs to date women and feel some type of way in order to carry on his church's desires for him. He says that he feels attraction to some of the girls he dated, but only to a "certain extent" and that none of his relationships ever worked out and he knew why that was. He just couldn't understand why he felt nothing for them (this also explains the asexual name dropping). Someone or something behind the scenes is trying to influence his understanding of his sexuality and it's sad as fuck. He knew what he was in 2014, clearly there's self awareness there.

by Anonymousreply 393September 6, 2021 3:02 PM

Yep. He admitted to a porn addiction but he doesn't actually want to engage with anything other than his hand? There's a mental block there and we can guess what feeds it.

by Anonymousreply 394September 6, 2021 3:03 PM

Someone should tell him about Lesbian Bed Death. It happens to other types of couples too.

by Anonymousreply 395September 6, 2021 3:05 PM

"I'm bisexual-I-I-I" The stuttering he does when he says that but the lack of stuttering when he says he came out as gay... hm. He's saying he's tried to stop the big ole gay feelings even up until June of this year. Should we really be having interviews with someone who would benefit more from secular talk therapy than a media tour? Love him but oof.

by Anonymousreply 396September 6, 2021 3:08 PM

Yeah. The moment I read that he has a book coming out with a Mormon publisher I knew that this shit was not a cause for celebration.

by Anonymousreply 397September 6, 2021 3:10 PM

[R394] That's my thing too. He said a couple years back he was addicted to fetishes and pornography. In Mormonland, that can mean anything from seeing gay as a fetish to softcore 'just the tip' porn in the dark of night. They take accountability culture super serious. This whole thing reminds me of the Pray Away Netflix doc.

by Anonymousreply 398September 6, 2021 3:10 PM

When I was in college (and beyond) I had a friend who was struggling with being gay, I was struggling more with bisexuality, while he was not attracted to women at all, and I was having sex with women. But still hadn't tried it with men. When he had sex with a guy for the first time, he was suicidal. We aren't Mormons, we're Catholics, religious in an average way (more so in my case, he was more rigid). Both of us struggled a lot with needing to be accepted by our families, friends and peers. Something I always see on this site are people who didn't struggle with their sexuality, or who had no doubts, or conflicts, being VERY dismissive of people who have had to struggle. It's a kind of stupid, "snap out of it" kind of ignorance. This guy is struggling a lot, it's not his fault, it may take him a long time. You can't judge him, you haven't been in his shoes.

by Anonymousreply 399September 6, 2021 3:17 PM

We can judge what he's putting out there. He's been doing talks - what's it called? North Star? - to other "SGA" people. If he's a tool for the LDS church to harm gay youth's personal development, you can bet your ass people here will express their opinion on it.

by Anonymousreply 400September 6, 2021 3:21 PM

[quote] typical responses. 1) we knew he was a homo

Instead, should we pretend that for over a decade we’ve haven’t been saying he’s gay?

by Anonymousreply 401September 6, 2021 5:08 PM

Oh, brother! I was sympathetic until I read his post. Wow, just get that boy some dick and all the questions will evaporate. Sheesh!

by Anonymousreply 402September 6, 2021 5:20 PM

I don't think dick will cure his ills. It might even make his fears stand up in even higher relief. He needs to have gay male relationships - friendships, some romance. He needs a network of people that aren't anything to do with God bothering.

by Anonymousreply 403September 6, 2021 5:25 PM

R392 Exactly. In times of social media is more common the random coming out (like Connor Jessup) someone who decides he wants to come out and use his social media to do it, but generally most celebrities use the promotion of an album or a film, not for promotion sake but because it's the time they do interviews and it's easier to control the narrative that way.

Coming out doesn't make sales bigger, we are reaching a time that coming out doesn't affect your career (or at least doesn't destroy it) but if coming out will benefit your career we'll see a lot less pr straight couples

by Anonymousreply 404September 6, 2021 6:08 PM

[Quote] not for promotion sake but because it's the time they do interviews and it's easier to control the narrative that way.

Controlling the narrative is part of promotion. Images are created, maintained, reinvented. Being a public figure has a different set of demands than being a private individual.

And Connor Jessup used his personal relationship with Miles Heizer to promote Locke & Key.

by Anonymousreply 405September 6, 2021 6:13 PM

R405 Pablo Alborán was asked why he came out (instead of being seen with a boyfriend) and he said he wanted some control over the message because something that simple as letting people know in a casual way could be easily used against him (as he was caught instead of letting people caught him).

And Connor came out first and then talked about his relationship like any straight actor would do. People keep repeating that he used Miles for his promotion but that doesn't make it true. He was not Shawn Mendes talking about Camila Cabello

by Anonymousreply 406September 6, 2021 6:27 PM

Are you kidding? Connor even worked it into red carpet reactions with fans. Romantic leads, gay or not, are often much more cagey about their personal relationships. Connor wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 407September 6, 2021 6:37 PM

*red carpet interactions

by Anonymousreply 408September 6, 2021 6:37 PM

R407 Oh come on, don't make me laugh, almost all A lilst actors use their private lives to promote their work

by Anonymousreply 409September 6, 2021 6:39 PM

[Quote] Oh come on, don't make me laugh, almost all A lilst actors use their private lives to promote their work

Connor actually dropped his boyfriend into conversation. Unmarried A Listers are more likely to do a pap stroll.

by Anonymousreply 410September 6, 2021 7:06 PM

He's done it!

by Anonymousreply 411September 6, 2021 7:21 PM

[R399] Don't know where you're getting the idea that other posters here don't or haven't gone through what David has. On the celebrity said, obviously no, but I'm ex-Mormon and can definitely relate to his sexuality struggles. But I'm also a realist regarding this religion and how toxic it is to gay men. Your bisexuality does not equal David's. He is not bisexual, I'd put money on it.

by Anonymousreply 412September 6, 2021 11:14 PM

r396 I think it's a bit longer then June when you take in all the interviews he has done . There is the last girlfriend and subsequential break up that prompted all of it . In one interview he talked about how he was always open with the girls he dated and they were cool with it (probably also Mormon and brainwashed ) but he could never get comfortable in these relationhips , developed anxiety and then took it out on himself but also on the girls he was dating. With the last girlfriend he went on dates and got annoyed because he noticed every dick around but not the girlfriend . That led to the realization that he also needed to be honest with himself and the fact that he's more into men than women . What followed was a grieving process and the question "what do I do ". He was under the impression that to be more honest with one part of himself he needed to leave religion . At some point last year a friend gave him the book from the gay BYU mascot which he was annoyed about because he still saw his sexuality as something to endure and overcome . However he felt like the book gave him the space to exist . In all of this there was also a faith crisis and a prayer that was answered with the realization that god made him the way he is. A separate prayer /talk while doing yard work then resulted in the coming out instagram post . So I guess all in all the timeframe is probably around a year .

by Anonymousreply 413September 7, 2021 2:10 AM

[Quote] he went on dates and got annoyed because he noticed every dick around but not the girlfriend . That led to the realization that he also needed to be honest with himself and the fact that he's more into men than women .

You're going beyond editorializing with that one.

by Anonymousreply 414September 7, 2021 2:15 AM

No I didn't . He literally said that in one interview . Everything I posted came from interviews he has done since June.

by Anonymousreply 415September 7, 2021 2:18 AM

He noticed every dick around? He did not say that. You're sexing up his quotes.

by Anonymousreply 416September 7, 2021 2:21 AM

r416 ok he didn't say that directly . I give you that. The part about being more into guys than girl is in this iinterview

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417September 7, 2021 2:28 AM

we know who is bf is yet? sposed to have one

by Anonymousreply 418September 7, 2021 9:00 AM

Too bad he wasted so many years and money on that church mess......a shame.

by Anonymousreply 419September 7, 2021 9:39 AM

[R413] Sounds about right. Judging by the comments he made in this newest interview about trying to pray the gay away up until age 30, when he came out as gay in 2014, he did so out of obligation to 'fix' himself. This would explain his 2015 retweets that got him in hot water. Then he gets set up on dates through family and church functions, that doesn't work out, then he questions himself for years until he finds a girl that he claims he's attracted to (but only to a certain extent, his words not mine). Now comes the gay to bisexual/asexual pipeline that allows him breathing room in his religion.

Hopefully he gets back to that true identity in time. He speaks in the interview about how being gay isn't just about sex, but his own hang-ups and attitudes about sexuality show he's internalized that mindset. This Mormon shit is truly a psychological phenomenon.

by Anonymousreply 420September 7, 2021 12:46 PM

[Quote] we know who is bf is yet? sposed to have one

Are you kidding? David/his team correct that article about him dating men and women with the quickness.

by Anonymousreply 421September 7, 2021 1:47 PM

There's no way this man is in a relationship with a man right now. He's 'friends' with some other gay men right now that are all in long term relationships and he doesn't even follow them on social media. If anyone finds any evidence to the contrary, post that shit because I'm not stalking his socials for some crumbs.

by Anonymousreply 422September 7, 2021 7:39 PM

[R421] His team consists of himself and Kari Sellards (aka the fat lady in his photos who also manages his new bestie Kevin McHale). Guaranteed he saw that tidbit and freaked out. Was the writer mistaken or did David reveal something that went against the image he's crafting for fraus?

by Anonymousreply 423September 7, 2021 7:42 PM

No, I think that article was written by a DLer. There were three or four big corrections made.

by Anonymousreply 424September 7, 2021 8:37 PM

Who's the handsome dude on the right and is he a fucking Mormon?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425September 7, 2021 8:40 PM

He needs to be more clear about which gender he is interested in sexually. We know that he previously confessed to having an addiction to pornography. The porn would have been gay, straight or something in between. Even if he doesn’t want to have sex in real life, his mind wanted to think about it while watching that porn. If we knew the kind of porn it was, we would have our answer about David, regardless of how he deludes himself and the public.

by Anonymousreply 426September 7, 2021 8:43 PM

Hack his phone, r426.

by Anonymousreply 427September 7, 2021 8:46 PM

R425 Jay Tibbitts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428September 7, 2021 9:38 PM

Ugh. Breeder.

by Anonymousreply 429September 7, 2021 10:14 PM

What's his Grindr profile?

by Anonymousreply 430September 7, 2021 10:36 PM

Obviously, David was an avid viewer of Mormonboyz.com

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431September 8, 2021 2:15 AM

Did David watch Latter Days?

by Anonymousreply 432September 8, 2021 10:52 PM

I watched the video interview he did with Yahoo. The interviewer really tried to get into his male dating life. No joy there, of course.

by Anonymousreply 433September 8, 2021 11:01 PM

Why does he talk about the "LGBTQIA" community as if he's some outsider? Is it the Mormon brain or

by Anonymousreply 434September 9, 2021 2:32 PM

In the Yahoo interview he talks about having his boundaries around dating (by implication, men).

by Anonymousreply 435September 9, 2021 5:04 PM

[R435] That is... concerning. Especially when he's tried and failed at dating women so many times.

by Anonymousreply 436September 10, 2021 12:25 AM

He kept emphasising bonding. I don't think he should rush into sex but it all sounds so... prescribed.

by Anonymousreply 437September 10, 2021 12:33 AM

Bonding? Damn that pornography addiction must have been toward Care Bears.

by Anonymousreply 438September 10, 2021 12:41 AM

It shouldn't be surprising if he's essentially saying "no homosexual ACTS!" considering his church ties. The repeated "God told me X, Y, and Z" is odd to me but I'm not Mormon.

by Anonymousreply 439September 10, 2021 12:44 AM

"Bonding" is straight out of the playbook. They really push the idea that bonding and being emotionally vulnerable with other men is the outlet that will allow a gay man to be happy with a wife and five kids.

It goes something like...

Feeling the need to bond with and be close to other men should NOT be mistaken for sexual attraction. You fell into Satan's porn trap and now he's in your head trying confuse you and make you believe your natural attraction to men has a sexual component. It doesn't. It's all lies. Satan is called the Great Deceiver for a reason. You allowed him in and now you're in the fight of your life.

Be around men as much as you want; build close relationships with them; hug them and let them hug you; cry on a man's shoulder and feel how nice it is to be wrapped in his strong, muscular arms. Just don't be tricked into thinking there's anything sexual about it, because there isn't.

Now go home and knock up your wife.

by Anonymousreply 440September 10, 2021 1:20 AM

Scenes from a North Star marriage...

[quote]My original prayer for Jordan that his attractions would be taken away was not answered how I had wanted. But the prayer that he and I would learn what we would need to from these trials has been answered, and I believe there is still more for us to learn. This experience showed me that sometimes Heavenly Father says no when I ask for something I think should be taken away.

[quote]Jordan learned that he could fill his needs for male bonding in healthy ways. This meant a lot of going to support groups, hanging out with other guys, and even getting healthy physical touch from other men. At first, it was really hard for me, especially the physical touch. I kept thinking, “Why do you need to go get that from other people – from men? Why am I not enough?” But as I let him go and get the help he needed, he would come home so much happier.

[quote]Jordan’s SSA has impacted our relationship, but mostly for the better. He is more emotionally in-tune than many men I have known, and has been patient with me as I have learned more about my own emotions. Cooking, decorating our home, and shopping are not chores that I have to undertake alone.

[quote]Though I begged for Jordan to be “healed” for a time, I now wouldn’t ask for his attractions to be removed. Doing so would take away too many pieces of him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441September 10, 2021 1:45 AM

There's so many stories just like that on North Star's page. David has spoken at 2 of their conferences: 2018 and 2020 Spanish one online. It is clear he supports their vision: mixed orientation marriage aka sexless. This explains why he is on the asexual and bisexual kick now. Don't be fooled, he's still actively looking for women to date. He won't date or marry a man unless he's outside of the church or the church has a huge cultural shift that allows them to use him as a pawn to prove it's possible for Mormon men to date each other.

I know their playbook firsthand. You can say you're gay all you want, but you have two options: continue to date women on the quest to procreate with, or remain celibate and tell your story to other gay men to convince them that god is worth more than 'sin'. You're considered afflicted with SSA, and they don't like the term homosexuality due to its usage in a secular context. That's why it surprised me to hear David use the word in his interview, but you get away with shit when you're a celebrity in the church.

by Anonymousreply 442September 10, 2021 1:22 PM

r440 "Bonding" is just one letter away from BONING.

by Anonymousreply 443September 10, 2021 4:29 PM

R405 Every guy in the entertainment business is does exactly what Connor Jessup does, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 444September 10, 2021 7:53 PM

R444 Most of them do way worse. Connor talked about his coming out and being in a relationship but he didn't use his relationship to promote his work (he didn't do pap walks).

What is he supposed to do, shut up, don't talk anything about his private life because he is an user if he does? Half of hollywood uses fake relationships to promote their work, at least he was talking (without any details) about a real one

by Anonymousreply 445September 10, 2021 7:59 PM

So who's this John Ramos guy? Taking pics under waterfalls with Archie, huh.

by Anonymousreply 446September 11, 2021 1:47 AM

I just hope he doesn't follow Caitlyn Jenner's example! Please God, NO!

by Anonymousreply 447September 11, 2021 8:34 AM

you are not bi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448September 12, 2021 2:40 AM

Vacation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449September 12, 2021 2:45 AM

I hope Ramos doesn't offer to do Archie's eyebrows.

by Anonymousreply 450September 12, 2021 2:46 AM

"The way other people talk about knowing when you are in love, I couldn’t relate to that. I knew if I applied it to men it would work, but that’s not right; so how do I make this work? Religion would say it was not natural, but it was so natural for me. What is hard is making it work with a girl, as opposed to what I feel naturally with a guy with no effort. It has taken me a while to get there. I can still feel attracted to girls, but I would say that on the spectrum I am definitely leaning more towards men. It is definitely easier for me to connect with men without even trying."

He cannot seriously be attempting to convince people he's "on the bisexual spectrum" when he says stuff like this. The church is abusing him in real time.

by Anonymousreply 451September 13, 2021 1:59 AM

He's so predictable. He has accepted his fate in the church by convincing himself that lots of straight people are in the same boat...

[quote}The majority of people are heterosexual, but not everyone can have kids, get married, and not everyone is heterosexual, even if they wanted to do this things.

While still hoping he can weasel his way into the celestial kingdom:

[quote]I am still saving myself for marriage

by Anonymousreply 452September 13, 2021 2:56 AM

He should date a side.

by Anonymousreply 453September 13, 2021 3:00 AM

[R448] What a strange interviewer. It seems like he was trying to talk to David like he would any other 30 yr old gay man in the know, but he's not involved in the community. This is not the coming out story secular media outlets will enjoy tbh.

by Anonymousreply 454September 13, 2021 2:30 PM

R454 I don't think it a that weird . But usually there is a disconnect between secular gay people who have been out living “the gay lifestyle“ and religious gay people , even those who have been out for longer . You can see that in comments to David's claim that God told him he was ok the way he is or to come out . Usually it's laughing and comments about bronze age goat herders . But that leaves religious people in an awkward place because why would somebody want to join a community that makes fun of you , your faith and all you care about and it also confirms the idea that you can't be both, religious and gay . Conservative Christians tell you that you can't be a Christian and gay and gay people tell you you can't be gay and Christian .

by Anonymousreply 455September 14, 2021 2:55 PM

Has David clarified his porn addiction? How often did he view porn and presumably jack off? What kind of porn?

by Anonymousreply 456September 14, 2021 3:03 PM

[R455] Yeah, that's basically what I meant by weird. The interviewer was talking to David like he would any other gay man in the know, but religious gay men aren't in that circle. They don't live the "lifestyle" that secular gays portray in media. It's not an issue either way, just a cultural divide. It's no wonder David felt like he couldn't be openly gay for so long when much of the media is saturated with sex and drugs as the prime example of gay coming of age life. I've experienced both sides of the coin and it's alienating to be on David's end.

by Anonymousreply 457September 14, 2021 3:07 PM

True . He talks about the sex part quit often . That a lot of conservative people think being gay is all about sex but that's not what make you gay . I remember whan I wasn't sure about myself , I was looking at the images I was presented with . I didn't want to have tiny dogs , be a hairdresser or half naked in leather and feathers on a pride float . That was all I had and I wasn't any of that so how could I be gay. I clearly wasn't , going by the only image I had .

by Anonymousreply 458September 15, 2021 2:15 AM

David's headlining a BYU concert

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459September 15, 2021 4:14 AM

R459 is the first of the Office of Belonging projects I was talking about at R359 and R371. But let's go on pretending that he's stunning and brave, and isn't having his strings pulled.

by Anonymousreply 460September 15, 2021 6:01 AM

What is he's a string puller too?

by Anonymousreply 461September 15, 2021 6:02 AM

[R460] Same here, I think we discussed this a few days ago about the Mormon playbook. Ex-Mo's call it every single time. David, after zero connection with Charlie Byrd previously, suddenly starts namedropping him in all his interviews as a source of inspiration. Fine, whatever. But now he's doing business with him for BYU directly after they were in hot water over the homophobic rallying cry from Holland. This is so calculated it hurts.

by Anonymousreply 462September 15, 2021 12:03 PM

He's really on that podcast hustle.

(He should stop using that derpy promo pic.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463September 15, 2021 4:53 PM

How many more times is he gonna tell the gay-to-maybe-bisexual pipeline story?

by Anonymousreply 464September 15, 2021 10:27 PM

Until he gets mawwwied!

by Anonymousreply 465September 15, 2021 10:29 PM

If he was really bisexual he would be married with a woman long time ago

by Anonymousreply 466September 16, 2021 11:58 AM

In the podcast at r463, after about 37:00, he talks about how he's not fully asexual and admits that he might like the physical act.

by Anonymousreply 467September 16, 2021 4:13 PM

David, PLEASE get away from that crazy church of yours and enjoy life!

by Anonymousreply 468September 17, 2021 12:27 PM

Oh lord, he used the terms "grey-ace" and "demisexual" in that podcast. Guaranteed this is the influence of the new group of woke kweers he's been hanging with. He said it was only recently that he began to identity more with the "bisexual spectrum" though he's still confused, but he came out as gay in 2014. If he was really bisexual, he wouldn't be sabotaging his relationships with women.

by Anonymousreply 469September 17, 2021 4:27 PM

He has made it quite clear that he's more drawn to men and that he doesn't have to work at it. The weirdest thing he says in the Bialik podcast is that a church elder said that gay people are subject to the same law of chastity as straight people but... it's not like the LDS advocates for gay marriage so it's rather a stalemate, and an insult to the intelligence of the gay person seeking guidance.

by Anonymousreply 470September 17, 2021 7:24 PM

His parents probably want him to marry a woman so they're pressuring him

by Anonymousreply 471September 17, 2021 7:25 PM

David moved away to Nashville for a reason. I don't think his parents have the same hold over him. The church, OTOH...

by Anonymousreply 472September 17, 2021 7:27 PM

His dad's a piece of shit and his mom remarried. His family's already gone against the church, why not just go and fuck a man and be done with it.

by Anonymousreply 473September 17, 2021 9:54 PM

I wonder if his porn addiction centred around something like Treasure Island Media. Maybe he associates gay sex with risky choices.

by Anonymousreply 474September 17, 2021 10:02 PM

R474 he said he was addicted to fetishes so i suppose that will reflect in his porn addicition

by Anonymousreply 475September 18, 2021 10:22 AM

R475 for a repressed Mormon everything is a fetish.

by Anonymousreply 476September 18, 2021 5:11 PM

I think the first guy who slides into him is gonna have a hard time getting away from him.

by Anonymousreply 477September 18, 2021 5:25 PM

Doubtful. You'd just have to slip out quietly as David weeps uproariously once you've both nutted.

by Anonymousreply 478September 18, 2021 8:21 PM

R476 Or 'an addiction'

by Anonymousreply 479September 18, 2021 8:25 PM

I think it's quite a big thing for him to say that he's not against the physical act. I can't imagine the Mormon church want to hear that.

by Anonymousreply 480September 18, 2021 8:32 PM

[quote] You'd just have to slip out quietly as David weeps uproariously once you've both nutted.

I have to admit, seeing David lying on the bed crying and praying while I’m searching for my underwear would make me feel a little uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 481September 18, 2021 9:10 PM

Don't wear any.

by Anonymousreply 482September 18, 2021 9:12 PM

He posed for a picture with that Charlie guy. The height difference... whew. Does he have a boyfriend? David should jump on that.

by Anonymousreply 483September 19, 2021 12:49 PM

In his instagram he has a video singing with Scott Hoying from Pentatonix, for sure he is making a lot of gay friends lately

by Anonymousreply 484September 19, 2021 12:56 PM

I don't see the need to be public about all this self-analysis, but then I'm older and I remember the value of privacy, and stupid stuff like that. His musings read like some weird, stream-of-consciousness young adult novel that's badly in need of editing. Maybe just wait until you're sure of what you want and what you are, then clearly state that (if you must). Until then, I'm not sure I need to read it.

by Anonymousreply 485September 19, 2021 3:08 PM

I think he's been very isolated. He went live on TikTok and mentioned how he handled the last seven years since coming out didn't help him.

by Anonymousreply 486September 19, 2021 9:04 PM

He also mentioned that he's saving himself for marriage but that he's also keenly aware that the LDS doesn't recognize gay marriage...

by Anonymousreply 487September 19, 2021 9:05 PM

So he's a Lizzo gay. Good to know he's branching out.

by Anonymousreply 488September 20, 2021 3:42 PM

I'm seeing him in concert at the Troubadour in February!

I wonder if he'll make a post-concert pitstop at the WeHo bars?

by Anonymousreply 489September 29, 2021 11:21 PM

I don't think Archie and bars is a venn diagram with an overlap

by Anonymousreply 490September 30, 2021 2:11 AM

Thank gawd I can comment again, didn't want this thread to die faster than his career. Any news?

by Anonymousreply 491October 1, 2021 1:47 PM

Not much .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492October 2, 2021 11:13 PM

Has he dropped the bisexual line yet?

by Anonymousreply 493October 6, 2021 11:14 PM

R493 Seems to be slipping a little here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494October 7, 2021 8:47 PM

Was that the kid from that Bonnie Franklin show?

by Anonymousreply 495October 7, 2021 8:58 PM

[Quote] To be clear, he added, he did not write that post for attention or with the expectation that anyone would reach out.

He had a music video and a book pre-order ready to go. Da fuck?!

by Anonymousreply 496October 7, 2021 9:16 PM

I believe him . He released two songs and videos in the run up to this post and the book was also already in development . He didn't come out to get attention for Therapy Sessions . To me it feels like an in the moment spontaneous thing and then he piggybacked off the wider attention to sell what he was currently producing . David got to eat too .

by Anonymousreply 497October 7, 2021 9:53 PM

Spontaneous when he's been doing North Star talks? David's in deep.

by Anonymousreply 498October 7, 2021 9:54 PM

[R494] He sounds depressed and lost in this interview. Kind of a change from the happy go lucky attitude this summer. It would explain his absence on social media, he seems to go through depression cycles. Mormonism is not helping him in any way.

by Anonymousreply 499October 8, 2021 12:37 AM

which absence ? his last tik tok is 4 das old and instagram is 2 das ago (not counting book adds)

by Anonymousreply 500October 8, 2021 1:04 AM

Didn't he shout and ex-lesbian's book on one of his TikTok Live? He was careful to say that they don't agree on all things but...

by Anonymousreply 501October 8, 2021 1:30 AM

*Didn't he shout out

by Anonymousreply 502October 8, 2021 1:30 AM

He shouted out WHAT? I missed this. Let me know if you find it.

by Anonymousreply 503October 8, 2021 11:59 AM

New song sucks, the book flopped. Anyone still care?

by Anonymousreply 504October 23, 2021 5:23 PM

How do we know the book flopped? Has it even been published yet?

by Anonymousreply 505October 23, 2021 8:24 PM

We'll find him a much more attractive man once he leaves the cult.

by Anonymousreply 506October 24, 2021 7:12 AM

anyone blown or fuked her?

by Anonymousreply 507October 24, 2021 7:17 AM

Pity it took him so long to wise up and leave the cult. do they take 20% of ur earnings like sci tol????

by Anonymousreply 508October 24, 2021 7:18 AM

[R505] Came out last week, it's nowhere on any book chart. He's taken to posting thirst trap exercise challenges on TikTok.

by Anonymousreply 509October 24, 2021 3:53 PM

The fuck are these lyrics?

"There's a villain that's hidden Intimacy is the trigger (And I can't control it) There's a monster that's sleeping If he wakes up he's a killer (You're too close)"

I'll turn you into the villain Blame you for things that you didn't (You didn't even do) Another innocent victim A tragic story gets written (We both lose)"

Drop the bisexual bullshit and get with a man and save these women a world of pain. This is not a good look in 2021. I feel for any woman who dated him.

by Anonymousreply 510October 24, 2021 3:57 PM

His hair is getting worse. Male pattern baldness is setting in.

by Anonymousreply 511October 24, 2021 5:32 PM

[Quote] He shouted out WHAT? I missed this. Let me know if you find it.

Jackie Hill Perry

13:18

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512October 24, 2021 10:58 PM

Beast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513October 25, 2021 6:23 AM

[R513] Dreadful. Can he please write a song about men?

by Anonymousreply 514October 25, 2021 11:20 AM

Beast video's out. Cheaply made, poorly acted and offensive lyrics and hair. Someone give me some scissors STAT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515November 3, 2021 1:15 AM

What's offensive about the lyrics?

by Anonymousreply 516November 3, 2021 8:36 AM

[R516] The beast inside being his big bad homosexuality. If he meant it that way or not, people in the comments picked up on it.

by Anonymousreply 517November 3, 2021 2:21 PM

I only listened to the song once but I interpreted the beast as the inner saboteur (TM: RuPaul Enterprises) that comes out when girls get too close (because he's really more into men).

by Anonymousreply 518November 3, 2021 6:19 PM

R517 And ? What's wrong with letting him work through HIS issues . R518 I think it's a mix of sexuality and self saboteur with the first influencing the other . It's clear from the way he has talked about dating that he dated girls because marrying a woman in the temple and having children is the mormon blueprint to life . And he was trying to make that work but could never pull it off . And that caused anxiety and resentment to himself and eventually to the girls he dated too .

by Anonymousreply 519November 3, 2021 6:52 PM

He has also spoken about getting harder to touch as girls push for intimacy.

by Anonymousreply 520November 3, 2021 6:56 PM

Why does he play the bisexual angle if he can't even stomach women and intimacy

by Anonymousreply 521November 3, 2021 7:38 PM

Because he's saving himself for marriage.

by Anonymousreply 522November 3, 2021 7:39 PM

R521 Because he's religious and thinks that if he tries hard enough he may someday be able to fall in love with a woman.

by Anonymousreply 523November 3, 2021 8:06 PM

On the Mayim Bialik podcast, he brought it up himself that LDS doesn't recognize gay marriage.

by Anonymousreply 524November 3, 2021 8:15 PM

Sooner or later he'll find a nice man and the tune will change

by Anonymousreply 525November 3, 2021 8:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!