Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WHERE'S CHUCK SCHUMER???

I mean...

Miss Nancy is working her ASS off everyday for the people--especially the children! Kevin McCarthy is being a pain in the ass and is making noise. HELL! Even Moscow Mitch makes himself known at least every other day! But, where is Chuck Schumer?

With ALL that is going on right now, and the dangers that we are facing from today's Republicans, what is Chuck Schumer doing??? If he is working "behind the scenes" where are the results, or even some semblance of a result? He's just WORTHLESS as far as I'm concerned!

Instead of dancing with Tish James (who is working) maybe he needs to take her lead and do something much more productive?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73August 14, 2022 4:58 PM

A fucking whiney useless pussy. He needs to go, like yesterday!

by Anonymousreply 1July 8, 2021 5:58 PM

He’s an old lady, soft, timid and useless

by Anonymousreply 2July 8, 2021 6:03 PM

"He needs to go, like yesterday!"

And while you're taking out the trash, take Merrick Garland with you.

by Anonymousreply 3July 8, 2021 6:05 PM

Oh, is today "Chuck Schumer Sucks" day on the troll calendar? I thought Thursdays were "Kamala Harris Is Bad At Her Job" day.

by Anonymousreply 4July 8, 2021 6:11 PM

^OH! I guess you're a white male R4 and it doesn't concern you that your voting rights are being attacked. Yes, yes, yes! Let's stop the "jigaboos" from voting because they will only vote for social programs, etc. Of course, women never mattered. They should be in the kitchen anyway... On and on...

I'm FAR from a troll, honey! Tell me what is Chuck Schumer doing in your view? I'll be the first to apologize once corrected.

by Anonymousreply 5July 8, 2021 9:26 PM

He was in NYC today with AOC to promote the expanded child tax credit.

You can find him every Sunday promoting something (Schumer Sundays).

by Anonymousreply 6July 8, 2021 9:34 PM

Oh really??? He makes no mention of it on his twitter. Where's the press release? Schumer Sundays? I need to hear from him on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays!!! On Sundays I'm in church praying for deliverance from these dreadful Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 7July 8, 2021 9:41 PM

Has he ever been photographed nude?

by Anonymousreply 8July 9, 2021 1:08 AM

^ At least he would be doing SOMETHING!

by Anonymousreply 9July 9, 2021 2:47 AM

Schumer is a New Yorker. You expect him to work?

by Anonymousreply 10July 9, 2021 3:15 AM

Schumer's impotence just illustrates how good the traitor asshole McConnell. He's still the most powerful person in the Senate, even though he is the minority leader. he is calling the shots, while Schumer is on his feelgood tour. Effete and impotent; a huge disappointment.

by Anonymousreply 11July 9, 2021 3:30 AM

I agree 100%, R11. I can't stand Mitch McConnell but I have to give him his props and... the Republicans too. For people in the minority they sure seem to control the agenda and can stop what they don't like.

by Anonymousreply 12July 9, 2021 9:45 AM

One of the nastiest people I’ve ever met. Total piece of shit

by Anonymousreply 13July 11, 2021 1:27 AM

Details, R13! Clearly you're not a Republican - he's a spinless tool to them.

by Anonymousreply 14July 11, 2021 1:29 AM

Should have been gone years ago; he's not effective as a leader.

by Anonymousreply 15July 11, 2021 1:30 AM

That weak shithead better open his fucking mouth because FOX has decided his security shot the white terrorist cunt currently burning in hell.

by Anonymousreply 16July 12, 2021 1:05 AM

OH! Today is Sunday! "Sundays With Chuck!" So... what has he said? I did not see him on any of the Sunday morning news programs or whatever else. What did he do today?

by Anonymousreply 17July 12, 2021 1:24 AM

But does DL consider him hot?

by Anonymousreply 18July 12, 2021 1:33 AM

I miss Harry Reid.

by Anonymousreply 19July 12, 2021 1:43 AM

Steve Schmidt;

"Chuck Schumer is NOT the leader that these times demand."

by Anonymousreply 20July 14, 2021 10:03 AM

[quote] what is Chuck Schumer doing???

He is working hard to freeze New Yorkers in the winter and make them pay higher rates for the privilege.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 14, 2021 10:10 AM

Troll Troll Troll Thread

And it is not even as smart as Boris.

Is it the graveyard shift?

by Anonymousreply 22July 14, 2021 10:11 AM

R22 = Dumb fuck Chuck

by Anonymousreply 23July 14, 2021 10:36 AM

DISGRACEFUL!!!

What is more important? Does he believe what he is saying or is he more concerned about his phone???

UGH!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24July 14, 2021 10:41 AM

Chuck works for Israel.

by Anonymousreply 25July 14, 2021 11:34 AM

[quote]OH! Today is Sunday! "Sundays With Chuck!" So... what has he said?

That he wanted the NRA investigated.

You being too stupid to use Google doesn't mean Schumer didn't hold his press conference on Sunday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26July 14, 2021 12:58 PM

[quote]Chuck works for Israel.

As does 95% of the GQP and 80% of the Democrats.

Obviously, you are not familiar enough with Madame Lindsey.

by Anonymousreply 27July 14, 2021 2:14 PM

[quote]That he wanted the NRA investigated.

OH. MY!!! I'm sure that got Wayne shaking in his boots...

by Anonymousreply 28July 14, 2021 2:20 PM

Troll thread

by Anonymousreply 29July 14, 2021 2:26 PM

Not a troll thread. What Schmidt said is true. Schumer is terribly weak and needs to be replaced. You can't call everyone with whom you disagree a troll just because you don't agree. I think most Dems who think strong leadership is necessary at this time in the face of real threats to democracy will agree that the senate is being controlled by Mitch McConnell, despite the fact that he is the minority leader.

by Anonymousreply 30July 14, 2021 3:17 PM

Schumer to propose legislation to make marijuana legal at the federal level.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31July 14, 2021 3:31 PM

Schumer announced a $3.5B bipartisan infrastructure deal has been reached.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32July 14, 2021 3:32 PM

[quote]Schumer to propose legislation to make marijuana legal at the federal level.

Well... I suppose that's a priority issue for some. Ya have anything on what he is doing about voting rights? $15 minimum wage? Affordable housing? What else is he PROPOSING? Personally, I PROPOSE that Chuck Schumer be fired immediately! But, that's just my proposal...

[quote]Schumer announced a $3.5B bipartisan infrastructure deal has been reached.

That's a wonderful ANNOUNCEMENT! But, can Schumer do his job and get it passed through his body? That's the real question.

by Anonymousreply 33July 14, 2021 3:45 PM

[quote] That's a wonderful ANNOUNCEMENT! But, can Schumer do his job and get it passed through his body? That's the real question.

I wondered the same thing. The announcement came after he talked with Bernie, as if Bernie would ever have voted against.

Manchin draws red line in infrastructure talks

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) warned on Tuesday that he wants both a bipartisan infrastructure bill and a separate Democratic-only bill to be fully paid for.

“I think everything should be paid for. We’ve put enough free money out,” Manchin told reporters.

Manchin’s demand, if he sticks to it, could create real problems in Democratic negotiations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34July 14, 2021 4:17 PM

MMPH... Interesting how Mitch McConnell never seems to have these type of issues with his caucus...

by Anonymousreply 35July 14, 2021 4:51 PM

As has been pointed out, McConnell got around the filibuster to get his right-wing judges. McConnell does things that Schumer COULD do if he had the balls. Schumer is a spineless coward. Period. I wish Jim Clayburn was in the Senate and the Maj. Leader. He's awesome.

It doesn't matter if Schumer is working on other things. It means nothing if the very basic right of voting is suppressed/taken away. The GOP have now planted the seeds of doubt for every election we will ever have, opening up the floodgates to every loser claiming fraud.

Infrastructure? Who the fuck cares if democracy is dead. There is no point in decorating a house when it's on fire around you.

by Anonymousreply 36July 14, 2021 5:30 PM

[quote]It doesn't matter if Schumer is working on other things

His staff puts out lovely proposals and announcements... I guess it gives them something to do.

by Anonymousreply 37July 14, 2021 5:37 PM

MMPH...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38July 14, 2021 7:07 PM

I agree with Steve and I’ve been a Democrat all my life. r20

by Anonymousreply 39July 14, 2021 9:03 PM

Okay....

So, what's the plan?

What's the strategy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40July 21, 2021 10:29 PM

I'll remind everyone that there was no end to trash talking Harry Reid, a highly effective Senate Majority Leader.

I think most of this is because the average American knows almost nothing about the Senate, or how it works. They still don't understand that the Senate represents each state equally and was never intended to proportionately represent the votes, but they still get very steamed about it!

by Anonymousreply 41July 22, 2021 6:26 AM

Mighty Joe says tells Schumer we should protect the filibuster

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42July 22, 2021 7:02 AM

Joe Biden is living in the past. A lot of these old fucks still aren't getting it that the current GOP has already created chaos. WTF do you think happened on January 6th? And those assholes are lying about it. Jesus , we all saw what they did and there are no consequences.

Joe, the GOP you dealt with in the Senate is long gone.

by Anonymousreply 43July 22, 2021 7:14 AM

This is what happened when you lazy whores do not show up to vote in the primary but the Hasid leeches do. Get your ass off that dick and vote! It does not take that long. Send to DC all attack dogs, NY and CA always end up Dem leads and I am tired of whimpy Chuck and scatterbrain DiFi

by Anonymousreply 44July 22, 2021 7:27 AM

Campaign finance laws are weak and poorly enforced. Control of lobbying behavior lacks consistency and accountability.

The Citizens United decision was one of the worst U.S. Supreme Court actions ever.

The Kochs, Mercers, Murdochs, Sinclair, Zuckerberg, etc. ARE the problem. It yields an abundance of owned and corrupt politicians.

by Anonymousreply 45July 22, 2021 9:56 AM

EXACTLY!!!

Get Some Shit Done!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46September 27, 2021 1:08 PM

I'm VERY upset that Democrats cannot get the George Floyd bill done! Very, VERY, upset! Corey Booker says this. Tim Scott says that. Somebody is lying! But, what is Chuck Schumer saying? UGH!!!

by Anonymousreply 47September 27, 2021 1:15 PM

Well, last night he was at the Tonys.

by Anonymousreply 48September 27, 2021 1:22 PM

Yes, I know, R48

"posted by Chuck Schumer

Broadway is back! And I’m so proud to have fought to deliver funding to #SaveOurStages to help so many theaters, and venues, and artists, and stagehands, and staff, and more. #TonyAwards

Twitter · 11 hours ago"

Ya know.... that's great. I truly mean that! But...

He is ineffective as far as I am concerned.

by Anonymousreply 49September 27, 2021 1:28 PM

[quote] Schumer announced a $3.5B bipartisan infrastructure deal has been reached.

That was over two months ago. And yet .....

by Anonymousreply 50September 27, 2021 1:29 PM

[quote] Moderates are insisting the House approve the smaller infrastructure bill as talks continue about how to pay for the bigger one, and which policies may need to be scaled back. Rep. Stephanie Murphy, D-Fla., told reporters said she believed it could be "more targeted and fiscally responsible."

[quote] Progressive Caucus Chair Pramila Jayapal, D-Wash., is also not budging on her threat that progressives will oppose the infrastructure bill without a deal with the Senate and White House on the larger spending measure.

It seems to me that it is boiling down to basically two House Reps who are locked in battle in order to elevate themselves to the Senate. Formerly, I had a lot of respect for Jayapal and high hopes for Murphy when she first announced her exploratory campaign to take on Marco Rubio. But now...

Schumer should be engage with them if this is indeed what is happening.

[quote] last night he was at the Tonys.

I'm inclined to give him a pass on this one. The New York State economy is heavily dependent on Broadway and tourist revenue. As the senator from NY, being visible promoting one of the leading cash cows is part of his job, albeit more glamorous than judging the hog calling contest at the state fair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51September 27, 2021 1:31 PM

[quote]..."albeit more glamorous than judging the hog calling contest at the state fair."

One may expect Sarah Huckabee Sanders would disagree.

by Anonymousreply 52September 28, 2021 6:52 AM

Granted, the internet and in particular social media might not show a true reflection of political sentiment but it shows something! Schumer is being excoriated on Twitter. His Tweet in the link;

Some of the responses;

-Today would be a great day for you to get something... ANYTHING done and to the President's desk besides instructing your staff to tweet about more unkept promises.

-Today would be an even better day for you to get the infrastructure bill passed, defend voting rights and end the filibuster. You are the Leader of the Senate, right??????

-How about focusing on messaging and passing voting rights. Our democracy is teetering on the precipice and you all don’t seem to be terribly worried. Lets have some PR and urgency.

-An even better one to get voter suppression laws wiped out or there will be just 1 party very soon & I don't think you'll be invited.

-Read the room, Chuck.

-Today would be a better day to pass HR1/John Lewis Act to protect our Democracy. It would also be good to pass Infrastructure and help get Biden’s approval ratings up so we stand a chance in 22.

-It’s a better day to carve out filibuster exemptions for voting rights and civil rights and immigration and healthcare!!

-Today would be a great day for @SenSchumer to overhaul his social media team.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53October 14, 2021 10:30 PM

Doing meth with Hunter?

by Anonymousreply 54October 14, 2021 10:37 PM

Shut up, OP.

And F&F R54, the wormy turd.

by Anonymousreply 55October 14, 2021 10:51 PM

[quote] Today would be a better day to pass HR1/John Lewis Act to protect our Democracy. It would also be good to pass Infrastructure and help get Biden’s approval ratings up so we stand a chance in 22.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56October 15, 2021 9:52 AM

(yawn...) R56. He's always bringing shit up. Unfortunately, he's too incompetent to get anything passed.

by Anonymousreply 57October 15, 2021 12:53 PM

Sack him and give the job to Amy Klobuchar!

by Anonymousreply 58October 15, 2021 1:27 PM

Schumer is awful

by Anonymousreply 59October 15, 2021 1:32 PM

[quote] BREAKING: @SenSchumer announces that tonight he’ll move forward to begin debate on the #FreedomToVoteAct, setting up a procedural vote on Wednesday: “If there’s anything worthy of debate in this chamber, it should be protecting and strengthening our democracy.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60October 18, 2021 9:01 PM

Freedom to vote (for American citizens) is already covered.

Try talking instead about recovery from the current recession

by Anonymousreply 61October 18, 2021 9:12 PM

[quote] The Freedom to Vote Act, which is currently before the Senate, is a comprehensive package of voting, redistricting, and campaign finance reforms. It includes national standards for voting that would ensure access to the ballot across state lines.

[quote] The 33 laws enacted so far in 2021 have various impacts, including but not limited to making mail voting and early voting more difficult, imposing harsher voter ID requirements, and making faulty voter purges more likely.

[quote] In an emerging trend, restrictive laws in four states — Georgia, Iowa, Kansas, and Texas — impose new or more stringent criminal penalties on election officials or other individuals These new criminal laws will deter election officials and other people who assist voters from engaging in ordinary, lawful, and often essential tasks. People in Georgia can now be charged with a crime for handing out water or snacks to voters waiting in line at the polls. In Iowa and Kansas, people could face criminal charges for returning ballots on behalf of voters who may need assistance, such as voters with disabilities. And in Texas, election officials could face criminal prosecution if they encourage voters to request mail ballots or regulate poll watchers’ conduct.

Try living up to the principle of "All men are created equal".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62October 18, 2021 9:34 PM

Schumer has been tweeting madly like a hurricane 9 as if it is his last day on earth today! It must be getting back to him that A LOT of people are VERY unhappy with his job performance.

by Anonymousreply 63October 19, 2021 2:46 PM

FYI:

Joy-Ann (Pro-Democracy) Reid

(((DeanObeidallah))) @DeanObeidallah · 17h

Some reasons I hear from fellow Dems for why they have checked out:

1. Dems have NOT made Voting rights the top issue

2. Donald Trump has not been criminally prosecuted

3. Even though we won in Nov 2020 it feels like we lost

4. Democrats are not fighting hard enough against GOP

by Anonymousreply 64November 12, 2021 12:00 PM

And, Miss Nancy does it again! That gal can produce results! Let's see what the good for nothing can do...

House passes Biden's $1.9 trillion spending bill

by Anonymousreply 65November 19, 2021 2:17 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66November 19, 2021 2:26 PM

"Spotlight of history..."

Spotlight of history?

When will this idiot get it through his fucking head that these Republicans of today couldn't give a shit about history!

Worthless. JUST WORTHLESS!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67January 6, 2022 9:57 AM

Replace him with AOC! She'll be challenging him.

by Anonymousreply 68January 6, 2022 2:29 PM

Okay, Okay... Maybe I owe Chuck Schumer an apology?

Hmm... I'm just not "there" yet. Maybe one day...

by Anonymousreply 69August 13, 2022 11:33 AM

OP doesn’t really know how it all works- or who works.

by Anonymousreply 70August 14, 2022 12:53 PM

Amateur

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71August 14, 2022 1:32 PM

He's done his job for this session and earned his contributions, saving carried interest once again and making sure the blame falls on another senator.

by Anonymousreply 72August 14, 2022 4:00 PM

And you can bet your bottom dollar carried interest will become an issue again and again, each time allowing politicians the chance to shake down Wall Street. They're not going to stop the gravy train by ever actually abolishing the loophole.

by Anonymousreply 73August 14, 2022 4:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!