Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Shontel Brown

Early voting begins today for the August 3rd special election in OH-11 to replace (now) HUD Secretary Marcia Fudge.

Nina Turner has endorsements from Susan Sarandon, Ed Markey, Bernie, AOC, Eric Adams...and a lot of out of state money.

Brown has endorsements from James Clyburn, Hillary Clinton, The Congressional Black Caucus, The Jewish Democratic Council of America, the Ohio Teacher's Union...and Marcia Fudge's mother!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135December 16, 2022 5:09 AM

Nina Turner is a rancid festering cunt. I hope she loses in a landslide.

by Anonymousreply 1July 7, 2021 7:28 PM

I prefer Shocantelle Brown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 7, 2021 7:28 PM

I live in a Cleveland suburb and I've noticed that they are trying to soften up Nina Turner's angry black woman image in her new round of commercials. Man, did she come across as belligerent and ANGRY in the first one. OTOH, Shontel Brown comes across like someone you want to grab coffee with.

by Anonymousreply 3July 7, 2021 8:52 PM

Nina came across an angry dyke. Shontel has been really hitting the airwaves. I do expect Nina to win, since she has the bigger name and the " blame white America" vibe.

by Anonymousreply 4July 8, 2021 12:44 PM

I hope Nina loses so we can all tweet at her to go eat a bowl of shit.

by Anonymousreply 5July 8, 2021 2:22 PM

[quote] Brown and her allies have begun to go on the offensive against Nina Turner recently, as any campaign that wants to dethrone an early favorite must. Luckily for Brown, Turner's record leaves plenty to be desired. Turner's hostility to the Democratic party was always her biggest vulnerability, and thankfully for those of us who do not want to see her in Congress, Brown and her allies have trained their fire straight at it. The Brown campaign has released positive ads highlighting her eagerness to support the President's agenda in Congress, while independent groups have taken aim at Turner's disdain for Joe Biden.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 9, 2021 11:30 PM

Turner's camp is accusing Brown et. al. of "darkening" Turner's skin tone in their latest negative ads.

by Anonymousreply 7July 10, 2021 11:43 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 12, 2021 9:58 PM

Now that fucktard J.D. Vance of "Hillbilly Elegy" fame is running for Senate in Ohio. Good Lord, I need to get out of this shithole state.

by Anonymousreply 9July 12, 2021 10:13 PM

Tim Ryan will win the Senate seat. A big name Dem needs to come to campaign for Shontel.

by Anonymousreply 10July 13, 2021 12:10 AM

Ryan at 2:39. A man with balls, unlike many of the other craven Dems.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 13, 2021 12:14 AM

[quote] A big name Dem needs to come to campaign for Shontel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 15, 2021 1:58 AM

Excellent news.

by Anonymousreply 13July 15, 2021 2:08 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 18, 2021 4:23 AM

Shontel gets a BIG endorsement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 18, 2021 5:36 AM

NIna's BIG endorsement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 18, 2021 5:37 AM

[quote] While Turner has the endorsement of the Cleveland Heights Democratic club, Brown has the Shaker Heights and Beachwood Democratic clubs. The unions are split, and the interest groups and big PACs are, too. While Turner has MoveOn and the Sierra Club, Brown has the Democratic Majority for Israel, the NewDem Action Fund, and Run Sister Run.

[quote] Brown’s plan for a come-from-behind victory is threefold: localize the race, bang home an endorsement from the most recent incumbent’s mother, and attempt to cobble together the Biden 2020 primary coalition with black voters and center-left Democrats and even (thanks to Ohio’s open primary rules) independents or Republicans.

[quote] Brown has earned the endorsements of, among others, the Congressional Black Caucus PAC; Hillary Clinton; Armond Budish, the Cuyahoga County executive; and Richard Cordray, Ohio’s former attorney general and head of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. And her platform reflects the mainstream Democratic playbook with a focus on expanding health care, COVID recovery, and taking action to stop gun violence.

[quote] But Brown’s attempt to really reignite the magic of Biden’s South Carolina comeback began late last month with the endorsement of Jim “The Closer” Clyburn

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17July 19, 2021 3:55 PM

ALL of those endorsements are from shady people with some sort of ax to grind. I'm glad I don't have to live in Cleveland.

by Anonymousreply 18July 19, 2021 4:04 PM

Forget about "angry Black woman." Nina Turner comes across like a real BITCH! Anyone voting for her or endorsing her is an asshole!

by Anonymousreply 19July 20, 2021 9:11 PM

I tend to trust old Black women when it comes to voting. I'm not joking. They are pretty wise.

by Anonymousreply 20July 20, 2021 9:24 PM

R20 I do too. They've seen a lifetime of bullshit. So you know if they are voting for someone it's because they believe that person is the best bet.

by Anonymousreply 21July 20, 2021 10:25 PM

Ed Markey should fucking know better! Fuck him!

by Anonymousreply 22July 21, 2021 12:16 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 24, 2021 11:59 PM

Why is Nina Turner so hated here?

by Anonymousreply 24July 25, 2021 12:05 AM

Nina's comment about voting Joe Biden's candidacy:

Her comment was published in an article by The Atlantic as she expressed her lack of enthusiasm about the choice she and other voters face at the polls this November.

“It’s like saying to somebody, ‘You have a bowl of s**t in front of you, and all you’ve got to do is eat half of it instead of the whole thing,’" she said. "It’s still s**t.”

by Anonymousreply 25July 25, 2021 11:46 AM

New York's ineffective, but vociferous Congressperson, AOC, campaigns for Turner; Bernie to follow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26July 25, 2021 11:49 AM

[quote] Why is Nina Turner so hated here?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 25, 2021 6:23 PM

Race getting closer. Turner running disgusting attack commercials.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28July 25, 2021 8:38 PM

I’ve donated to Brown three times and I’m preparing to make calls for her between now and the primary. Nina Turner should never be elected as much as dog catcher ever again.

by Anonymousreply 29July 25, 2021 9:41 PM

Was Turner always so nuts and contrarian?She was on MSNBC for Democratic convention coverage back in '12 and appeared semi-regularly and I don't recall her being a loose cannon.

by Anonymousreply 30July 25, 2021 11:02 PM

[Quote]Why is Nina Turner so hated here?

R24

Within 8 days of 2016 Presidential Election Nina Turncoat Turner (formerly ELECTED DEMOCRAT) went on MSNBC and told Thomas Roberts that she did not support Hillary Clinton.

For me, that was the beginning of the end.

That's unforgivable. She helped deliver Trump to America. No Democrat should embrace her.

{The clip is available on YouTube}

by Anonymousreply 31July 26, 2021 5:23 AM

Turner is a close personal friend of someone I know who is a fucking insane Bernie Brah shit stirrer. I won't vote for her for this reason alone.

by Anonymousreply 32July 26, 2021 4:55 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33July 27, 2021 4:23 AM

R33 Jose is hot!!!

Nina is a fucking bitch. I hope she gets slaughtered in the election. It better not even be close! People like her need to be demolished politically so they get an inclination of how truly toxic they are and that their bullshit is fully rejected!

by Anonymousreply 34July 27, 2021 9:46 AM

Lots of money and support for Turner pouring in from out of state. Bernie Bros adding to her coffers.

by Anonymousreply 35July 27, 2021 1:43 PM

Hillary Clinton-endorsed Candidate Shontel Brown Faces Potential Ethics Probe

Wth a week to go before the special primary election for Ohio's 11th Congressional District, Democratic candidate Shontel Brown may be in hot water.

In April, The Intercept reported that Brown, a Cuyahoga County Councilmember, had voted to award millions worth of contracts to companies connected to her romantic partner and campaign donors. Emails reviewed by The Daily Poster show that the Ohio state auditor's office reviewed the allegations in the article and recently referred the matter to the state ethics commission.

Under Ohio law, public officials are prohibited from knowingly authorizing or using their authority or influence "to secure authorization of any public contract in which the public official, a member of the public official's family, or any of the public official's business associates has an interest." Violation of the statute is a felony, and penalties can include prison time.

In recent weeks, Brown's campaign and her efforts to paint Turner as a bad Democrat have benefited from high-profile endorsements from the Congressional Black Caucus PAC, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, and House Majority Whip Jim Clyburn, D-S.C.

Brown has also seen strong support from corporate lobbyists and outside groups, most prominently DMFI PAC, a pro-Israel super PAC whose biggest donor is an oil and gas executive and an heir to a massive fossil fuel fortune.

The corporate think tank Third Way, which recently endorsed legislation encouraging more states to cut federal pandemic-related unemployment benefits, entered the Cleveland race last week, dropping $250,000 on digital ads opposing Turner.

In addition, several outside groups have come to Brown's aid, after polling revealed in early June that Turner was the overwhelming favorite to win the primary. Amid the anti-Turner onslaught by the Democratic establishment, Brown's campaign released survey numbers last week showing her up 26 points since April and within striking distance of Turner.

Brown has even received assistance from Donald Trump ally Robert Kraft, the billionaire owner of the New England Patriots.

Brown, who had pledged to recuse herself "as necessary" from contracts involving her partner, Mark Perkins, had used her position as Cuyahoga County Commissioner to help steer $17 million in contracts to Perk. Perk was founded with Perkins' uncle but is now owned by the Cifani family, who have long-established business ties to the Perkins family and who have supported Brown's campaigns for office.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36July 29, 2021 3:48 AM

Planted by Turner and The Squad.

by Anonymousreply 37July 29, 2021 1:07 PM

Brown is the corporate / oil funded candidate. Same old shit.

by Anonymousreply 38July 29, 2021 2:13 PM

If I lived in there I'd vote for Brown. I wouldn't care about any investigation given the alternative who is a shit stirring NON Democrat no matter what she calls herself now.

by Anonymousreply 39July 29, 2021 2:14 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40July 29, 2021 7:16 PM

Nina is a nasty cunt.

by Anonymousreply 41July 29, 2021 9:25 PM

R39 and R41 I fully agree! I can't imagine any Democrats taking her crazy ass seriously after all the shit she has pulled the past 5 years.

by Anonymousreply 42July 29, 2021 10:10 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43July 31, 2021 2:15 PM

Has Montel endorsed her?

by Anonymousreply 44July 31, 2021 2:19 PM

Is this that person from the Search Party TV show that went missing the first season?

by Anonymousreply 45July 31, 2021 2:38 PM

Nina Turner has endorsements from Susan Sarandon, Ed Markey, Bernie, AOC, Eric Adams...and a lot of out of state money.

Fuck them all.

by Anonymousreply 46July 31, 2021 2:54 PM

Brown is is facing a potential ethics probe for her past work supporting millions of dollars in contracts awarded to companies run by her partner and campaign donors. She’s funded by out of state donors like Trump’s BFF Robert Kraft.

Fuck THEM all as well as r46.

by Anonymousreply 47July 31, 2021 5:35 PM

Bernie campaigns for Turner in front of tens of people in Akron.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48July 31, 2021 6:18 PM

R48 that is one ugly old tired pandering bitch!

And Nina is quite ugly too!

by Anonymousreply 49August 1, 2021 3:09 AM

A thought provoking analysis (part I)

[quote] So a couple things. We're all anticipating the #OH11 primary soon. We're pulling for Shontel Brown but she is still the underdog. Nina Turner has the name recognition, more money and more celebrity endorsements. But here's how I expect things to go regardless of what happens.

[quote] Shontel Brown is now and forever an enemy of the Bernie cult. They will hound her for the rest of her life. Regardless if she wins or loses but especially if she wins. Their publications will run endless smears against her. Their Twitter army will spend years denigrating her.

[quote] If Nina Turner loses progressives and the Bernie adjacent left will immediately pivot to blaming EVERYTHING on the "Democratic Establishment." They will take no blame for the type of campaign Turner ran. Their publications will run countless stories on how she was "cheated."

[quote] If Nina Turner wins, they win take ALL THE CREDIT for why she won. They won't discuss Turner's name recognition or her SUPER PAC or the loads of out-of-state money she got. They will only frame it as a "victory" for grassroots progressives vs. the Establishment. If Turner wins, the mainstream media will eat up this narrative. No. 1 because it will be fed to them by the Bernie-aligned media (The Intercept/Daily Poster) and No. 2 because they're too lazy to double-check if this is actually accurate.

[quote] So if Turner wins, get ready to see The Squad all over MSNBC, CNN, NPR, Sunday shows, etc. And they will all be repeating the same message in unison: "this win shows progressives are the center of the party." That would be a lie but their messaging will be uniform.

[quote] If Turner loses, get ready to see The Squad all over MSNBC, CNN, NPR, Sunday shows, etc. Why? Because their message will be uniform: "why is the Democratic establishment targeting us?" They will not discuss their targeting of Black Democrats though and the media won't ask.

[quote] If Shontel Brown wins, expect so-called progressives and Bernie campaign alums to work hard to sabotage her. The consensus is whoever wins the primary will beat the Republican but that won't stop The Intercept/Daily Poster for painting her as "corrupt" until the election happens.

[quote] And if she wins the general and takes her seat, expect so-called progressives and Bernie campaign alums to work hard to make her seem ineffectual or a sellout. Every campaign donation she gets will suddenly become "proof" that she's "corporate-bought."

[quote] If Nina Turner wins, expect these same left-wing publications to write some pretty fawning articles that will border on advocacy. They will paint her as a conquering hero of the establishment. They've already started but if she wins watch them kick it into overdrive. Another thing to watch out for is how dedicated these so-called progressives and Bernie campaign alums are to demonizing the Congressional Black Caucus and Clyburn. If Turner wins they'll start arguing both are "irrelevant" and their endorsements don't matter or don't work.

[quote] Don't get it twisted. They already hate Clyburn and the CBC. But this race will only punch it into overdrive. If Shontel Brown wins, watch them start to get more vocal about the need to get rid of the CBC. Before they've been coy about it. Now they're out-and-proud about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50August 2, 2021 1:44 AM

A thought provoking analysis (part II)

[quote] Also if Turner wins, watch how quickly her core supporters turn against her. Remember they've told people Democrats are an impediment and you can just will your way to passing Bernie's agenda. You saw it with AOC. Expect something similar with Turner. Also watch how she handles this conundrum. On one hand if she's a saboteur, she'll ostracize her constituents in the district. If she supports the party and Biden's agenda, her supporters will freak. My guess is she won't handle this well and will ramp up the performative stunts.

[quote] If Turner wins, she'll have a decision to make when it comes to the CBC. She's representing a Black district. It would be natural to join but her core supporters hate them. This will be her first test of independence. Will she mend fences? How can you not in a Black district?

[quote] If Brown wins, it will be because the Black district she represents wants her to partner with the party and Biden. She will no doubt do that. Expect progressives and Bernie campaign alums to paint this as a bad thing tho. Ignore the voters. Promote Bernie's agenda at all costs.

[quote] Left-wing progressives and their sympathetic journalists in left-leaning publications will not press Brown's detractors on this either. They'll say "Bernie's platform is popular" and she has a responsibility to it but won't answer if Biden's agenda is more popular in the district

[quote] If Turner wins, expect progressives, their special interest groups and sympathetic journalists to paint it as a blow to Biden as well and a harbinger to midterm losses. They're actually cheering for Republicans to win back the House so this narrative fits with their intentions.

[quote] If Brown wins, expect white progressives to press Black progressives to go after Black leadership in the party and expect them to oblige. The loudest Black voices on the left will argue we're not smart enough to make our own decisions, similar to the "Democrat plantation" framing

[quote] If Brown wins, expect some pretty alarming racism and sexism from certain left-leaning or progressive Twitter accounts. Oh they'll apologize later. Or claim these were bots. But keep your eyes peeled after they call the race. The masks will slip. Watch. If Turner wins expect a round of "Bernie the Kingmaker" stories by the usual suspects. It's canon in the Bernie cult to credit him for everything and blame him for nothing. If Brown wins tho expect a round of "Why Democrats are making a mistake by not listening to Bernie" stories

[quote] People have picked up that this race is a proxy war but that's actually an indictment of how bad political journalism is. Every race involving the Bernie left is a proxy war. They asked for this war and initiated it. Y'all late to the party if you're just noticing. And I guess my point is regardless of what happens or who wins this race this proxy war will continue. And it will be indefinite. An indefinite war upon Black districts like #OH11. We are the collateral damage in their Glorious Revolution to kick us out the party.

[quote] So buckle up. Mourn or celebrate depending on who wins. Take a deep breath after it's over. But be on alert. Because this war is ongoing. And these are not folks that will just go away. Ever. Know that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51August 2, 2021 1:46 AM

A thought provoking analysis part three.....

"No matter who wins I'm mad at Bernie."

by Anonymousreply 52August 2, 2021 1:53 AM

R50 R51 R52 that is nothing but FACTS! How quickly people forget about the critical role people like Bernie and Nina "Piece Of Shit" Turner played in the perfect storm that gave us the Trump presidency.

by Anonymousreply 53August 2, 2021 1:05 PM

Danny Glover is in Akron stumping for Nina Turner. The local news interviewed him and he referred to her as "TINA Turner." She was not amused!

by Anonymousreply 54August 2, 2021 8:10 PM

The tame Congressional Black Caucus endorse the establishment candidate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55August 2, 2021 8:37 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56August 3, 2021 11:56 PM

Nina was leading by a large margin when the bigwigs came in and threw their name behind Brown. The establishment can't stand someone getting in there who will fight for the people.

Furthermore, Brown takes money from Trump PAC's. She will be a moderate, republican appeasing democrat at best. Another Sinema and Manchin at worst.

People teaching the progressives "A lesson" wind up cutting their own throats in the process.

by Anonymousreply 57August 4, 2021 12:43 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58August 4, 2021 1:36 AM

I’m glad that rancid cunt Turner lost.

The Democratic Party needs team players, not bomb-throwers.

Now here come the Bernie Bro tantrums …

by Anonymousreply 59August 4, 2021 2:04 AM

Brown nailed down the Jewish vote, which is not miniscule in this district.

by Anonymousreply 60August 4, 2021 2:04 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61August 4, 2021 2:44 AM

No new Squad member. Sorry, AOC. Shontel came from 35 pts behind. Nina's concession was read from piece of paper in her hand.

by Anonymousreply 62August 4, 2021 3:04 AM

“Evil money manipulated and maligned”? Like the money that came in from her donors? Like Susan Sarandon isn’t fucking evil?

So glad the bitch lost.

by Anonymousreply 63August 4, 2021 3:06 AM

Her concession speech was even nasty. Bernie couldn't save her.

Shontel got 35,000 votes. The Republican winner got 3,800 votes. Wonder who will win. Northeast Ohio is solid blue. The rest of the state sucks.

by Anonymousreply 64August 4, 2021 3:26 AM

Black Twitter has been off the chain against Nina Turner

by Anonymousreply 65August 4, 2021 3:31 AM

@ R60:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66August 4, 2021 3:47 AM

I sorta hate all the commentary about this race.

"Progressive candidates can't win!!"

"Establishment Democrats are in the pocket of corporate America and traitors to poor people!!"

Maybe both positions are in error. Maybe Turner, who said voting for Biden was "like eating shit", was the wrong progressive candidate for a Democratic party primary.

by Anonymousreply 67August 4, 2021 3:47 AM

Fancy Miss. Nancy is breathing a little easier tonight!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68August 4, 2021 3:59 AM

Turner claims that she didn't lose the race but that big corrupt money caused the defeat. This, despite the fact that her coffers were substantially bigger, fueled by contributions from out of state " progressives." Big defeat for the co-chair of the Sanders campaign.

by Anonymousreply 69August 4, 2021 4:04 AM

And, BTW New Yorkers, tell AOC that she has no power here.

by Anonymousreply 70August 4, 2021 4:04 AM

Ohioan here. Nina Turner is a crazy person. Shontel Brown is not crazy. I'm glad the not crazy person won.

by Anonymousreply 71August 4, 2021 4:10 AM

Nina turner is a fucking PSYCHO

by Anonymousreply 72August 4, 2021 4:11 AM

It gives me nothing but the keenest joy to think about how this news is going over tonight at Susan Sarandon's house..

by Anonymousreply 73August 4, 2021 4:14 AM

Such sincere words. Have you ever seen a speech read off of a piece of paper like this? At 4:10.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74August 4, 2021 4:23 AM

She's a huge cunt. I hope she gets prosecuted like Cuomo and thrown in prison where trash like her belongs.

by Anonymousreply 75August 4, 2021 4:25 AM

[quote] I hope she gets prosecuted like Cuomo and thrown in prison where trash like her belongs.

For the crime of inconveniencing the DNC ? Attaboy Mussolini.

by Anonymousreply 76August 4, 2021 4:42 AM

My fellow Americans, our long Nina Turner nightmare is over.

by Anonymousreply 77August 4, 2021 6:56 AM

When will candidates realize that having the support of AOC is Already Offering Concession?

by Anonymousreply 78August 4, 2021 6:59 AM

CONGRATULATIONS Shontel Brown!!!

by Anonymousreply 79August 4, 2021 7:27 AM

"My fellow Americans, our long Nina Turner nightmare is over.'

The election was to fill the term of Maria Fudge, who is now in the Biden Admin. There is an election next year and you can bet that Nina Turner will be back, spewing her garbage.

by Anonymousreply 80August 4, 2021 11:39 AM

R80 I doubt it. Lazy, trifling people like her (and Trump) can dish out a lot of shit, but they can't take it. She is not looking to get her ass whooped again that quick for the same job. I think she'll try to slide on a POTUS ticket with Bernie for 2024.

I wish she'd just go away but I agree with you that there is not a chance in hell of that happening.

by Anonymousreply 81August 4, 2021 12:44 PM

Nina went off the rails with her anti-Hillary, Bernie bullshit rhetoric Nina, hitching to the gawd-awful Jill Stein was political stupidity. Nina was and is a fighter. But she screwed up in not supporting Hillary.

I liked her before she became an angry militant. I still have a small amount of hope that she will understand that progression is incremental not a Big Bang and done. She needs to roll it back. Apologize for her wrongheaded Hillary bashing.

by Anonymousreply 82August 4, 2021 1:59 PM

Turner is getting dragged on Twitter like a rag tied to a car bumper.

Just what you'd expect - Stein, shit, thinking Blacks will vote for her because she is Black, the "dirty money" concession speech when she had raised more money, and her overall surliness in general.

When you lose the Palmer Report...

by Anonymousreply 83August 4, 2021 2:12 PM

R82 and R83 are spot on!

The bitch doesn't know how to lose gracefully! She used to be a Democrat. Now she's just a shitty, ego driven person.

Remember when a primary concession speech was: "Congratulations to the winner and I'm going to make sure the party wins the general?

She continued to slam Hillary after Bernie lost, up to and THROUGH the general election and now she's disparaging Shontel Brown to hurt her in general election.

This woman is despicable! I'm glad she got her ass handed to her and I hope she can't get elected dog catcher!

by Anonymousreply 84August 4, 2021 3:02 PM

R82, do you really think she’s going to come to her senses and reel it in? Come on.

by Anonymousreply 85August 4, 2021 4:43 PM

The Nina Bros were out last night cunting on social media.

One posted on a FB page: "Hope you like your Trump supporting candidate Shontel Brown!"

I hate Bernie Bro types - they pull this bitch baby shit every time they don't get their way.

by Anonymousreply 86August 4, 2021 4:50 PM

Why do you keep lying about who got more PAC money? Shontel was overwhelmingly funded by a pro-Israel group.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87August 4, 2021 4:59 PM

But, R87, doesn't your posting show whoever that source is was opposing Turner rather than favoring Brown? There were 11 other Democrats in the primary--for all we know they would have/did spend money on a turkey sandwich if they thought it would save them from Toxic Turner.

by Anonymousreply 88August 4, 2021 5:07 PM

It looks like they spent about 1.2 mm opposing Turner and about 800k supporting Brown.

by Anonymousreply 89August 4, 2021 5:18 PM

Nina's " celebrity" backers:

Turner collected more from small-dollar donors than Brown, though continued her steady stream of celebrity backers. Actors Ted Levine, Kendrick Sampson, Mark Ruffalo, Cynthia Nixon and John Cusack all gave to Turner as did radio host Charlamagne Tha God, music critic Anthony Fantano, Ben and Jerry’s co-founder Jerry Greenfield and author Marianne Williamson.

Both campaigns still had significant money in their accounts heading into the last weeks of the election, with Brown holding around $357,000 and Turner having just more than $647,000.

by Anonymousreply 90August 4, 2021 5:18 PM

Nina Turner lost because she's a

CUNT

by Anonymousreply 91August 4, 2021 7:54 PM

Hopefully, these PACs will spend more money trying to defeat The Squad.

by Anonymousreply 92August 4, 2021 8:10 PM

[quote]Mark Ruffalo, Cynthia Nixon and John Cusack all gave to Turner ...

Of course they did. All losers!

by Anonymousreply 93August 4, 2021 8:32 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94August 5, 2021 12:04 PM

Eloquent with a touch of shade

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95August 5, 2021 10:06 PM

Charlamagne Tha God

This guy is such an ignorant drop-out. He harms the black community every day on his show, 5 days a week and it’s only because he is a stupid idiot with a low IQ and doesn’t realize it. So dangerous to give someone so constantly uninformed and just wrong about facts all the time. He is never right about anything.

I am going to be doing a thread on him soon that will rip this dumb idiot to shreds.

by Anonymousreply 96August 5, 2021 10:17 PM

Justice Dems are the tea party of the left

by Anonymousreply 97August 9, 2021 1:39 AM

I'm looking forward to Bernie's crew sabotaging Shontel in November. She will deserve it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98August 9, 2021 1:43 AM

Good point, Bernie’s Angels must have plenty of time to plot between tweets, since they are all completely ineffective at getting anything done in Congress.

by Anonymousreply 99August 9, 2021 2:01 AM

^ Ok gurl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100August 9, 2021 3:06 AM

Cori “Defund the police, but make sure the police protect while I have a sleepover at the capitol, also I’ll pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for private security, but I’d like to defund the police for everyone else” Bush? Yeah, Bush’s performance art for ass pats had nothing to do with CDC attorneys or Biden’s attorneys finding a way to extend the moratorium. Schumer’s tweet is undercover shady, she helped tens of thousands….weren’t there millions impacted by the end of the moratorium?

by Anonymousreply 101August 9, 2021 3:16 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102August 12, 2021 2:40 AM

Mo money!

MO money!

MO MONEY!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103September 28, 2021 5:06 PM

Nina, no one wants you bro

by Anonymousreply 104September 29, 2021 4:11 PM

GOODBYE, Somebody, GOODBYE!

[quote] “The reasons that I ran last time during the special election, those reasons have not changed. I do firmly believe that the people of Greater Cleveland need and deserve a champion and this is not just about somebody that votes the right way but it is about true and deep service to the people,” Turner told News 5.

[quote] Brown defeated Turner with a 50.1% to 44.5% margin in a crowded Democratic primary on August 3 of last year to fill the unexpired term of former Congresswoman Marcia Fudge who was tapped by President Joe Biden to be Secretary of Housing and Urban Development.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105January 26, 2022 2:29 PM

I like Nina, but Sarandon? Really? She’s a crackpot.

by Anonymousreply 106January 26, 2022 2:36 PM

I got a text on my phone," Dear Corrine".... It was from Nina Turner declaring that she was running again. I asked several of my friends if they got a text from her and they all said they did, but it was headed," Dear Corrine." I guess it saves actually having to look up the recipients of your text. None of us lives in her district and wouldn't vote for her under any circumstance anyway.

by Anonymousreply 107January 27, 2022 1:32 PM

Nina Turner is an evil cunt.

by Anonymousreply 108January 27, 2022 1:41 PM

Cleveland's new mayor, who won by a comfortable margin, has endorsed Shontel Brown against Nina Turner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109February 22, 2022 8:08 PM

The far left is looking to Nina Turner to primary Biden in 2024.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110February 22, 2022 9:30 PM

Rightwing Politico stirring the pot.

I'll be looking to Nina Turner in 2024 to make sure the Bloomin' Onion gets to my table while it's still hot...and extra sauce.

by Anonymousreply 111February 22, 2022 9:34 PM

R111 nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 112February 23, 2022 10:37 AM

You'd better hope she doesn't serve you a Bloomin' Onion or any other food. Can you imagine what she would say as she is putting the food on your table?

NT: You got two bowls of shit in front of you, and you got to pick one. That’s the situation we’re in right now: bowl number one or bowl number two.

by Anonymousreply 113February 23, 2022 12:05 PM

Shontel has to deal with this mess again.

Please, Ohio, do the damn thing again on May 3rd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114April 18, 2022 9:15 PM

I hate to say it, but I think Nina's going to win this one, based on the fact that Shontel won because of her identification with Biden. Her voters won't come out again more than the radical's will.

by Anonymousreply 115April 18, 2022 10:10 PM

[quote] WASHINGTON, D. C. -- President Joe Biden on Friday endorsed U.S. Rep. Shontel Brown’s bid for re-election in her hotly contested primary rematch with former Ohio Sen. Nina Turner.

[quote] “Shontel Brown has been an ardent advocate for the people of Ohio and a true partner in Congress,” the president said in a statement. “We need leaders like Shontel to help continue the fight to respond to this pandemic, lower costs for working families, and rebuild the middle class. Shontel is committed to building a better America. I am proud to endorse Shontel Brown for Ohio’s 11th District in the U.S. House of Representatives.”

[quote] Brown issued a statement thanking Biden for his support.

[quote] “From day one, I promised to work with the President and his administration to deliver for the people of Northeast Ohio and bring economic relief and quality health care to all Americans,”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116April 29, 2022 6:18 PM

[quote] The far left is looking to Nina Turner to primary Biden in 2024.

Are you insane?

Or perhaps I am not understanding what you just wrote.

by Anonymousreply 117April 29, 2022 7:34 PM

The only thing most of us are waiting for Nina Turner to do is to go back to whatever fucking Golden Corral she worked at before and resume her hostess job.

Being a professional cunt is not a winning career strategy.

by Anonymousreply 118April 29, 2022 7:45 PM

Thanks, R74 for that video. I had forgotten that incompetent POS political hack Keith Ellison endorsed Nina Turner. Maybe she can move.

by Anonymousreply 119April 29, 2022 8:02 PM

Anyone backed by Eric Adams and Bernie Sanders deserves to be stomped.

by Anonymousreply 120April 29, 2022 8:13 PM

AOC fundraising for Nina today

Shontel got in-person support from Jim Clyburn, Nikema Williams & Hakeem Jeffries

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121May 2, 2022 11:02 PM

I don't know what effect this has, but I have seen 0 commercials for Turner, while Brown has continued her media blitz. In addition Brown has far more lawn signs than Turner.

by Anonymousreply 122May 2, 2022 11:15 PM

Cleveland voters reject Nina Turner. At this point, Shontel Brown is getting 70% of the vote and has declared victory.

by Anonymousreply 123May 4, 2022 2:15 AM

Nina was hardly gracious in defeat, screeching that 2024 was going to be here soon and she was going to take the seat.

by Anonymousreply 124May 4, 2022 3:13 AM

Is all DL 4chan trolls and self hating gays

by Anonymousreply 125May 4, 2022 3:16 AM

Shontel Brown

[quote] The average voter in OH-11 doesn’t care about the “progressive” and “moderate” labels, they care about electing a true public servant that has a history of delivering results.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126May 4, 2022 3:21 AM

[quote]The far left is looking to Nina Turner to primary Biden in 2024.

That would be so hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 127May 4, 2022 3:23 AM

Nina Turner fans calling Brown an Uncle Tom and making anti-Semitic slurs. And this is the crew AOC aligns with?

by Anonymousreply 128May 4, 2022 3:46 AM

^ yes.

by Anonymousreply 129May 4, 2022 3:49 AM

Nina Turner said she’s planning to shake up the “entire country” in 2024, naming off early Presidential primary states. “I’ll see y’all in 2024”

[quote] It's conventional wisdom that the best time to soft-launch your presidential campaign is after losing a congressional primary by 30 points

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130May 4, 2022 3:55 AM

I'm surprised Nina Turner didn't bring on Mike Lindell to "seize the voting machines"!

by Anonymousreply 131May 4, 2022 6:31 AM

If there was someone I’d be interested in taking a look at as a presidential candidate, Nina Turner is absolutely right in that it should come from OH-11

Run Shontel run. I like this woman.

by Anonymousreply 132May 4, 2022 3:02 PM

[quote]Nina Turner said she’s planning to shake up the “entire country” in 2024, naming off early Presidential primary states. “I’ll see y’all in 2024”

Isn't one Bernie enough? Does she really want to be the Glenn Close of politics?

by Anonymousreply 133May 4, 2022 3:08 PM

Delusional leftists never give up. Watch this asshole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134May 4, 2022 5:35 PM

Nina “Bowl of shit” Turner just can’t quit losing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135December 16, 2022 5:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!