Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Fear Street on Netflix

Anyone seen it? Worth a hit or miss?

by Anonymousreply 105July 23, 2021 5:50 AM

I literally just got an email right now suggesting this to me with a 98% match. Did you watch it, OP?

by Anonymousreply 1July 4, 2021 4:16 PM

I’m going to watch it. It looks fun.

by Anonymousreply 2July 4, 2021 4:20 PM

I liked it but the first 30 minutes dragged and weren’t cohesive.

It’s worth watching for Fred Hechinger to show his butt and hairy chest though.

by Anonymousreply 3July 7, 2021 2:34 AM

Meh. I’m a little tired of teenagers but there are some good kills and Ethan Hawke’s/Uma Thurman’s real life daughter Maya Hawks does a sort of homage to Scream/Drew Barrymore.

by Anonymousreply 4July 7, 2021 2:45 AM

EVERYTHING is a 98% match on Netflix R1.

by Anonymousreply 5July 7, 2021 2:49 AM

They played around with some tropes and killed some characters you didn't expect them to....and brutally. It was decent enough.

by Anonymousreply 6July 7, 2021 3:47 AM

I loved it when the cute white boy (Hechinger) asks, "Did everyone go to pound town? I did."

by Anonymousreply 7July 7, 2021 3:59 AM

R7 did that mean he masturbated?

by Anonymousreply 8July 7, 2021 4:00 AM

Yes, dear. He banged one out.

by Anonymousreply 9July 7, 2021 4:08 AM

Hechinger should have been a cute gay boy but they made him straight.

by Anonymousreply 10July 7, 2021 4:17 AM

It was really messy and chaotic and not what I would call a 'good' movie but it was sort of campy fun and I will be watching the next one.

It was really refreshing to see an out lesbian character as the main character of a slasher film too, I don't suppose it's NEVER happened before but it was definitely unusual.

by Anonymousreply 11July 7, 2021 10:11 AM

It was fun, but then again I was pretty stoned when I watched it. I could buy the overall story of the vengeful witch possessing people, but it was the smaller plot points crowbarred in to fit the narrative that annoyed me: the whole movie I'm going "why did they make her friends drug dealers? It doesn't fit or make sense". Also, the kills were mostly generic stabbings until the really insane kill in the supermarket. Kinda uneven as a film. But I'll watch the next installment I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 12July 7, 2021 12:25 PM

They made them drug dealers because they were poor and needed money. I thought that was a misstep. Especially the scene where the girl is babysitting the twin girls and she has them packing pills. Wtf was that? Many people in this country have problems with pills and addiction issues, I thought they could’ve done without these two so nonchalantly selling drugs.

The blond guy was kind of cute, nice ass , pudgy belly, and hairy chest. I would’ve liked him to be gay. Maybe fucking a hot football player.

I didn’t like the main girl at all. I half expected her to start beating the shit out of her ex.

The supermarket kill was definitely a new one and got a thumbs up from me.

Part 2 looks interesting. I’ll watch for sure.

by Anonymousreply 13July 7, 2021 12:47 PM

R13 Yes, the drug dealer thing was lazy writing and dumb, for me because high school students were not really selling pills in 1994, that came later.

by Anonymousreply 14July 8, 2021 4:23 AM

Fear Street 1978 premieres tomorrow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 9, 2021 2:49 AM

The second one was even better, had a couple of cute guys in it too. Looking forward to #3.

***Spoiler***

I am not sure if I’ve seen a horror movie before in which young pre-teen kids are slaughtered.

by Anonymousreply 16July 10, 2021 5:25 AM

Can't wait for the second. I actually liked it better than I thought I would.

by Anonymousreply 17July 10, 2021 6:07 PM

It's the rich man's American Horror Story.

WHICH ISN'T VERY RICH!

Glib, unscary.

by Anonymousreply 18July 10, 2021 6:51 PM

[quote] They made them drug dealers because they were poor and needed money.

I thought also it was because they were trying to come up with a plausible explanation as to how they would know the method of killing (and reviving) Sam.

I think I missed it but why were the ghost killers going after the friends and little brother in the grocery store? I thought they washed all of Sam’s blood off in the high school.

by Anonymousreply 19July 10, 2021 7:18 PM

They were stupid and put her blood back on themselves R19. Of course they could have killed the girl much faster if they hadn't talked so fucking much.

by Anonymousreply 20July 10, 2021 7:22 PM

That frustrated me the most about the first one. They talked and then decided it was a good idea to smear the girl's blood on themselves to act as decoys to buy themselves time for the pills to work ... after wasting so much time by talking, talking, talking. And then they got killed one by one, so they go with Plan B: Drowning. Much, much faster. But we did get a good gory death with the bread slicer kill.

I think part of the drugs plot (don't do drugs, kids!) was to make the three friends look like it made sense for them being friends in the first place. The cheerleader, the "employee of the month" several months in a row prankster, and the gloomy lesbian who got dumped recently.

by Anonymousreply 21July 10, 2021 8:14 PM

Watching Part 2 now..

by Anonymousreply 22July 11, 2021 12:49 AM

The show has great music.

by Anonymousreply 23July 11, 2021 12:56 AM

It was corny as fuck, They ripped off every 70's, 80's and 90's horror flick, It's just a bunch of Gen Z's waxing nostalgic about movies that came out long before they were even born. It's a shameless money grab from Netflix after the initial success with Stranger Things with Gen X.

It's been pointed out already that the soundtrack was not from 1994 - it included a lot of shit from 95, 96, 98 and so forth. The font that Josh types on in the chat room, Calibri, wasn't available until the early aughts. It was just sloppy across the board.

by Anonymousreply 24July 11, 2021 1:12 AM

Love the gratuitous male nudity. More females should be directing slashers. Love seeing the cute guy from Insatiables ass.

by Anonymousreply 25July 11, 2021 1:15 AM

I hated 1994. Nothing about it, save for the soundtrack, felt like 94. That lesbian bitch was insufferable. I tried to get though it, but it was so terrible I shut it off about 30 minutes in.

by Anonymousreply 26July 11, 2021 1:16 AM

I've read about 40 Fear Street books when I was in junior high/high school and none of them were that gory or had cursing in it. 99% of them didn't have anything supernatural in them. They were mostly mystery thrillers. Nevertheless, still enjoyed these and hope they keep making them.

by Anonymousreply 27July 11, 2021 1:19 AM

Part 1 was crap. Part 2 was better. I'm not sure I'd call either good at all.

by Anonymousreply 28July 11, 2021 1:25 AM

I hope the brunette bitch gets who is after Ziggy gets it.

by Anonymousreply 29July 11, 2021 1:26 AM

I hope they don't kill off really young kids in this one.

by Anonymousreply 30July 11, 2021 1:35 AM

R30 Spoiler Alert.

They do kill them off screen. Still pretty shocking.

by Anonymousreply 31July 11, 2021 1:37 AM

Not Jon-Benet’s mom here but that part was rather refreshing.

by Anonymousreply 32July 11, 2021 1:42 AM

I liked the soundtrack for 94, but sometimes the songs didn't really go with the scene.

by Anonymousreply 33July 11, 2021 6:55 AM

You should watch Tubi instead.

by Anonymousreply 34July 11, 2021 7:07 AM

I liked the second part (1978) much more than the first. Story seemed more focused, the mix of supernatural and slasher horror tropes worked better, and the twist at the end was good. The guys were cuter, too.

But what's up with the song selection? We hear everything from the Velvet Underground ("Sweet Jane" 1969) to Neil Diamond ("Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show" 1969) to the Captain & Tennille ("Love Will Keep Us Together" 1975) to David Bowie ("The Man Who Sold the World" 1970 and "Moonage Daydream" 1971) and Cat Stevens ("Bitterblue" 1971).

It's just a weird mix of tracks -- anachronistic, and nothing I would associate with a summer camp slasher flick set in 1978.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35July 11, 2021 9:31 PM

R35 I actually liked the song selection way more than the first. The Man Who Sold the World had both Nirvana and Bowie's version tying in the time periods. Bowie was hugely popular with the youth at the time. Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show just sounds good with everything. I think Tarantino made it popular. Captain and Tennelle was supposed to be corny like one of the main characters. Kansas and Blue Oyster Cult were my favorites though. Both epic and menacing.

by Anonymousreply 36July 11, 2021 10:28 PM

R36 Bowie was NOT hugely popular with the youth at the time -- especially not in a podunk town like Shadyside. Bowie was deep into his Berlin phase in 78 and his most recent album [italic]"Heroes"[/italic] was his worst selling album in the U.S. since 1971, peaking at #35 on the Billboard charts. Even among Bowie aficionados (of which I was one) neither "The Man Who Sold the World" nor "Moonage Daydream" would have been burning up our turntables in the summer of 78. "Rebel Rebel" or "Young Americans" or "Golden Years" would have been far more appropriate -- and less anachronistic.

"Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show" is one of my favorite Neil Diamond songs. My complaint wasn't about the song, but its inclusion. Again, I cannot see its relevance to a summer camp in 1978. (Tarantino used it in [italic]Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood[/italic] so that has absolutely no bearing on its popularity in 1978.)

We should all be thankful that they licensed "Love Will Keep Us Together" instead of "Muskrat Love" for a Captain & Tennille song.

I doubt that anyone in Shadyside -- a place where knowledge of Stephen King & [italic]Carrie[/italic] is apparently noteworthy -- would ever have heard of the Velvet Underground.

At least "Carry On Wayward Son" and "Don't Fear the Reaper" were slightly more time-period appropriate, having both come out in 1976.

Bottom line: If you're going to do a period piece, with period clothing, electronics, cultural references, etc., you could at least have your song selection make some kind of sense.

by Anonymousreply 37July 12, 2021 12:07 AM

[Quote] The guys were cuter, too.

Well it's not like there was alot to choose from Part 1.

by Anonymousreply 38July 12, 2021 1:57 PM

The sheriff and the blond twink was it.

by Anonymousreply 39July 13, 2021 2:22 AM

There were like 3 blond twinks. Could you be more specific?

by Anonymousreply 40July 13, 2021 4:03 AM

The bond twink played by Fred Hechinger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41July 13, 2021 4:10 AM

^Blonde

by Anonymousreply 42July 13, 2021 4:16 AM

I'm not a fan of horror films, but I loved the book series (which was fairly PG). Can't decide whether or not to watch.

by Anonymousreply 43July 13, 2021 9:51 AM

Another tedious, horror shitshow from Netshit. I don't get it why it has to drag on and on for 3 meandering parts when it could be told in a 2-hour movie. Too self-indulgent and dreadfully boring.

by Anonymousreply 44July 13, 2021 10:04 AM

Part 2 was great. Better than part 1.

by Anonymousreply 45July 13, 2021 10:37 AM

I thought slasher movies were done to death so I watch 1994 with low expectations. Surprised how I much I enjoyed it. The supermarket kills made me gasped. lol. 1978, I agree is better. And the leads are more likeable. Also gasped how those small poor kids were not being spared at all. The twist is good too.

by Anonymousreply 46July 13, 2021 12:03 PM

I haven't seen the films, but while watching the trailer for 1978, I noticed a character mentioned his last name is Goode. The whole Fear Street saga began when the Fier family accused 2 Goode women of being witches, so the women were killed. However, the father/husband of the deceased--William Goode, who actually practiced the dark arts--put a curse on the Fier family (who eventually changed the spelling to Fear), that lasted generations.

I'm almost willing to bet since there's precedence for male Goode's being witches, that factors into the storyline.

by Anonymousreply 47July 13, 2021 5:21 PM

Ok, I watched this and it actually got good once they abandoned the desire to play a different 90s song every 8 seconds. However, it still made no fucking sense....

The witch was already killing people until she decides to focus on the person who disturbed her grave? How did she get loose in the first place?

by Anonymousreply 48July 13, 2021 11:38 PM

Just finished the second one and while it was great it, once again, had terrible pacing issues.

"Oh, we are trapped in this underground cave network, and we must hurry to find our way back to the camp to warn the others ... but FIRST we have to talk, talk, talk things out!".

by Anonymousreply 49July 14, 2021 6:34 PM

Anything of gay male interest?

by Anonymousreply 50July 14, 2021 6:36 PM

You get to see Michael Provost's naked ass when he walks away from his bed to get to the shower. No gay themed content (unless you count the Lesbians from the first one).

Michael Provost was also in the campy Netflix series Insatiable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51July 14, 2021 6:41 PM

watched the first one. it's okay. fine to have on in the background while you are doing something else. i don't think i could have sat and watched with no distractions.

too much lesbian stuff in episode 1.

by Anonymousreply 52July 14, 2021 6:47 PM

R49 that is a plot problem in most movies.

Oh, time is of the essence, we will die and need to run but by all means let's discuss our personal issues or make out first.

by Anonymousreply 53July 14, 2021 7:38 PM

[Quote] too much lesbian stuff in episode 1.

Oh no, not lesbian stuff 🙄

by Anonymousreply 54July 14, 2021 8:07 PM

Nothing wrong with lesbian stuff, but as a gay man would have preferred to see some male on male action. At least the second movie delivered with male flesh.

by Anonymousreply 55July 14, 2021 9:18 PM

[quote] [R49] that is a plot problem in most movies.

I get that, but on Fear Street it's incredibly annoying to the point of me wondering if it is intended to side with the killers? Take the death of the mouthy drug chick for example. In one scene, she fully understands she holds her partner back with her injury and encourages her to go on without her. Then scenes later she delivers a big plea to join the others to see it through to the bitter end while the viewer knows that the serial killer is so going to slaughter her.

by Anonymousreply 56July 15, 2021 4:30 PM

Part 3 will be out tomorrow!

by Anonymousreply 57July 15, 2021 9:08 PM

I don't usually mind a gruesome horror movie kill all that much...the girl going through the meat slicer in 1994 was kind of shocking, but it didn't bother me. However, in 1978, I really hated when the two sisters were there dying and the killer kept hacking the one sister in the chest with axe over and OVER. For some reason, that was just a little too much for me.

by Anonymousreply 58July 15, 2021 10:07 PM

r58, I think that was to compound (no pun intended) the twist of which sister does survive in the end.

by Anonymousreply 59July 15, 2021 10:19 PM

So sorry, I think that was to whack us (no pun intended) with the twist of which sister does survive in the end.

by Anonymousreply 60July 15, 2021 10:27 PM

I was surprised by how hairy the blond twink was and that they didn't make him wax it off for the show.

But then I began to wonder.... can a real twink be hairy?

by Anonymousreply 61July 15, 2021 10:32 PM

R4 I disagree with lesbian characters as being "refreshing." Lesbians are the "safe" gay choice that is meant to not offend. Now if they had GAY MEN as the protagonists and had them doing the hot and heavy make out scenes that would have been refreshing!

by Anonymousreply 62July 15, 2021 10:36 PM

Really annoying, kiddie knockoff of slasher flicks that isn’t remotely scary or sympathetic.

This show feels like it was written by an angry lesbian who didn’t bother to give her characters different personalities because they all sound like angry lesbians.

The best slashers, or movies in general, have contrasting, likable characters who are funny when they’re bitchy.

FEAR STREET is just a bunch of bitchy cunts. There’s literally no character I liked or identified with.

The other super grating thing is the heavy-handed music. FEAR STREET steals a lot from SCREAM, worst of all the heavy, brass section pushing every moment over the top. If the orchestration isn’t pushing too hard, the cheap soundtrack of cliche pop songs is. They’re really trying to namedrop and substitute nostalgia for storytelling or scares.

There’s no struggle or intrigue to the murder mystery. The victims always knew who the killer was and all the answers fall right into their laps.

No suspense or horror. Every attack is just like combat in your face.

The best I can say about this show is that it’s like a more coherent AMERICAN HORROR STORY. But who wants to engage in that sort of basic bitchery?

The show does have some cute, white males going shirtless — if you’re into super-young teenagers and Bryan Singer cringe.

by Anonymousreply 63July 16, 2021 1:52 AM

The music in part 1 is bit over-the-top. It's just a 90's playlist that never stops. There's one scene early on when they're getting on the school bus and they play like 3 or 4 songs right after the other with no pause in-between. Not sure who made that decision but it's odd.

by Anonymousreply 64July 16, 2021 1:58 AM

“Pound Town” is real sex with another person, not masturbation, you silly noobs.

by Anonymousreply 65July 16, 2021 2:00 AM

Yes, r64, they do that all through the series. Like medleys of pop songs, because namedropping one just isn’t enough.

by Anonymousreply 66July 16, 2021 2:02 AM

Well I don't like it R66.

by Anonymousreply 67July 16, 2021 2:04 AM

The storytelling is heavy-handed, too. I mean, “Shadyside,” really?

It’s not surprising this was originally a children’s book.

by Anonymousreply 68July 16, 2021 2:10 AM

Drugs don’t make this show suck, you squares.

And you’re naive if you think nobody ever sold drugs in high school before 1994.

by Anonymousreply 69July 16, 2021 2:13 AM

lol Shadyside is just 40 miles north of Frown Town and about 2 hours away from Evilville!

by Anonymousreply 70July 16, 2021 2:14 AM

Is the story from the books or are the three movies just inspired by the novel series?

by Anonymousreply 71July 16, 2021 2:22 AM

R16 hasn’t seen scores of horror films, from FRANKENSTEIN, to the BAD SEED, to CHILDREN OF THE CORN, PET SEMATARY, IT, F13TH 6, BEWARE: CHILDREN AT PLAY, ALICE SWEET ALICE, HALLOWEEN 3, ALIEN V. PREDATOR 2 and on and on.

by Anonymousreply 72July 16, 2021 2:40 AM

I actually cheered when the bitchy sisters got cut down at the end of Part 2.

by Anonymousreply 73July 16, 2021 2:55 AM

They are trying to name-drop a cliche tune from every genre, R35. Part 1 did it, too.

People didn’t listen to every genre back in 1978 and you certainly wouldn’t have heard the Buzzcocks on the same radio station as Captain and Tenille or Neil Diamond.

They should have done an all-butt rock soundtrack like the ‘80s slashers. That’s what most kids would be listening to back then.

by Anonymousreply 74July 16, 2021 3:01 AM

R64 is so right...although to be fair I noticed the 90s music tapered off toward the final third of the film. I love 90s music, but it was pretty fucking ridiculous to play 3 or 4 songs in ten seconds. It's probably because Netflix can be stingy as hell and the only way to establish the film took place in 1994 was to have snippets of 90s songs playing (rather than spend money on hair, clothes, and cars).

Fortunately, the final film taked place in 1666, so no pop music.

by Anonymousreply 75July 16, 2021 3:06 AM

What’s with the cess pit under a campground latrine that doesn’t have any shit or piss in it?

by Anonymousreply 76July 16, 2021 3:09 AM

Part 3 was a goddamn masterpiece.

by Anonymousreply 77July 16, 2021 11:40 PM

SPOILERS!

So the house at the end was Sheriff Goode's? Not sure what the point of showing how rich he was at the end since he was already dead, and the story was over. Wouldn't it have made more sense to find that out as a clue in earlier on?

I don't think it would have given too much away as the show was very heavy-handed in foreshadowing "Goode was Evil."

by Anonymousreply 78July 17, 2021 3:28 AM

🎵"you always hurt....the one you love..."🎵

by Anonymousreply 79July 17, 2021 4:19 AM

[Quote] FEAR STREET is just a bunch of bitchy cunts. There’s literally no character I liked or identified with.

What was cunty about Josh or Sam??

by Anonymousreply 80July 17, 2021 6:05 AM

I thought Part 1 was silly but fun. It reminded me of the Final Destination series which I kind of miss.

Part 2 was easily the best. A much more brutal homage to the Friday the 13th genre.

Part 3 was stupid and just plain boring. I almost fell asleep during the 1666 half of the story.

by Anonymousreply 81July 17, 2021 4:08 PM

Great movie series with a great build up and a great story at the end.

SPOILER---

However, I think it was kind of obvious about the story twist of Sarah Fier being framed.

by Anonymousreply 82July 17, 2021 4:40 PM

[quote] So the house at the end was Sheriff Goode's? Not sure what the point of showing how rich he was at the end since he was already dead, and the story was over.

I think it was about how the "nice" sheriff was obsessed with goats (should've clued the townspeople in). All the rooms had at least one goat head trophy displayed to the point it felt sinister despite the home being decorated in a modern and light interior design.

by Anonymousreply 83July 17, 2021 7:57 PM

Enjoyed the series very much but it had almost nothing to do with the series I grew up reading. A lot of the books could be condensed to 1 or 2 hour long episodes and it could be fun in a throwback kind of way. The series wasn't progressive at all but going completely in the opposite direction did feel odd. There were no gay characters, the girls were usually obsessed with fashion, the guys were either nerds or jocks, etc.

by Anonymousreply 84July 17, 2021 8:38 PM

Haven't seen the 3rd episode yet but are they going to have ones featuring the other killers?

by Anonymousreply 85July 18, 2021 6:23 PM

You mean the Jason/Phantom Killer ripoff who wears the cloth bag over his head but without any holes for seeing or breathing?

by Anonymousreply 86July 18, 2021 6:36 PM

Gurl no.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87July 18, 2021 11:24 PM

Ashley Zukerman, who plays Sheriff Goode, is pretty cute.

by Anonymousreply 88July 18, 2021 11:36 PM

Sheriff Goode looks like BJ Novak/Ryan from the Office. Deena looks like a younger Faith/Eliza Dushku. Thomas the camp axe murderer looks like a taller Edward Cullen/Robert Pattinson.

by Anonymousreply 89July 18, 2021 11:46 PM

Why the fuck was this trilogy even tied to the Fear Street books? It completely bastardizes the original folklore surrounding Fear Street, and then goes on to be significantly more graphic than the books ever were.

In the books the Fear family was cursed by the Goodes, so when the sheriff showed up I figured he'd have something to do with the murders. Instead they introduce some stupid plot involving a witch...like why the hell would a town keep ties to a witch?

Ultimately, anyone who loved the books isn't getting anything out of these movies, and younger people who enjoy the movies will be sorely disappointed by the books.

by Anonymousreply 90July 19, 2021 12:04 AM

R90 what did you think of the lesbian make-out scenes?

by Anonymousreply 91July 19, 2021 12:11 AM

I didn't care. I thought it was odd that after most of their friends were murdered the lesbians were in the mood to get busy. Plus thr books always had lesbian undertones (all the men were basically villains).

by Anonymousreply 92July 19, 2021 12:25 AM

The closest thing to fear street are those lifetime TV movies.

by Anonymousreply 93July 19, 2021 1:08 AM

I was surprised by Michael Provost's performance in the second one. Before that, I only have seen him as the nice guy on Insatiable. But here he is the total douchebro giving a rousing speech on a dining hall table, establishing the rift between the two towns further.

The show features some hot guys and the story itself unfolds nicely throughout the three movies.

by Anonymousreply 94July 19, 2021 3:40 PM

No, it's generic plot recital through characters who all sound like angry lesbians and an overbearing soundtrack.

r93 is right to point out the Lifetime aspect. This type of show is run-of-the-mill emoting for female audiences on TV. The "horror" series are rarely horrific, scary or about the contest with the killer. They're much more about the soap opera and melodrama, teenage cliques, etc.

It's sad the tweengirl TV producers have started raiding slashers to disguise their soap operas, because it makes viewers think they're going to get a scary show about the contest and mystery..

r93 should try suffering through AMERICAN HORROR STORY, SCREAM: THE SERIES or DEAD OF SUMMER. It's all the same soap for tweengirls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95July 19, 2021 7:39 PM

More garbage that's nothing like the original property:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96July 19, 2021 7:39 PM

[Quote] It completely bastardizes the original folklore surrounding Fear Street, and then goes on to be significantly more graphic than the books ever were.

I'm not seeing the problem with that.

by Anonymousreply 97July 20, 2021 12:41 PM

Shitshow!

by Anonymousreply 98July 21, 2021 1:30 AM

So it's over? I wanted to see the other killers especially the deformed kid.

by Anonymousreply 99July 21, 2021 1:40 AM

I thought the last 45 minutes or so of 1666 was terrific; totally justified the making of the whole shebang. But I couldn't get over how bad the kid playing the little brother was across the trilogy. Seriously, Netflix, that was the best you could do?

BTW, for those of you who liked Simon, you get to see the actor's butt in episode two of The White Lotus on HBO Max.

by Anonymousreply 100July 22, 2021 12:26 PM

LOL r87 that is hilarious.

Ms. Thang things she looks fierce!

(He’s not bad looking, though)

Thanks for the laugh!

by Anonymousreply 101July 22, 2021 12:47 PM

It’s okay. It doesn’t have the snark and self-referential tone we got in the late 90s, nor does it have the suspense that we got in the 2010s. It’s a nice ode to traditional horror of the 80s but without adding anything new (other than the lesbianism ).

by Anonymousreply 102July 22, 2021 12:56 PM

Part 2 was definitely most enjoyable for me. I liked the camp setting and most of the actors. Bonus was the nice jiggly ass on the blond douche. Yum.

I’m so glad we didn’t get two hours of the 1666 setting. The thirty minutes or so we got was long enough.

Overall I give the series a B-. It was pleasant mindless summer fare. Had some good kills (RIP little camp dude who just wanted to give people some juice), some good music (I agree that 1994 had too much crammed in), and action.

However, I read a lot of Fear Street books as a young teen, I think I would’ve liked to see three separate books made into Netflix movies rather than a connected trilogy. The Dead Lifeguard was one of my favorites.

by Anonymousreply 103July 22, 2021 10:53 PM

While this re imagining was interesting, I do think the Lifetime network would be a more natural home for an anthology series based on the books. They have already adapted YA before with VC Andrews, and a lot of their movies with teenage protagonists may as well have been lifted from the series. I'm sure the target audience is similar as well.

by Anonymousreply 104July 23, 2021 12:48 AM

Part 2 was definitely the best.

Part 3 wasn't bad for the backstory, but once we returned to 1994 with the blood-infused neon paintball guns, it got silly.

by Anonymousreply 105July 23, 2021 5:50 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!