Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Top Chef Amateurs

The thrills. The spills. The dishes cooked with dill. Begin your bitching…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 20, 2021 8:11 PM

As requested now that Top Chef Portland has wrapped up.

by Anonymousreply 1July 4, 2021 11:19 AM

It's watchable, since it's one of the very few cooking shows that isn't hosted by Guy Fieri.

by Anonymousreply 2July 4, 2021 11:39 AM

You really should have written “dills.”

by Anonymousreply 3July 4, 2021 3:15 PM

I posted the following in the TC: Portland thread before clueing in that this thread had been created. D'oh!

I enjoyed TC: Amateurs, and I think Melissa is even *more* likeable there. Cheerful, supportive, inquisitive, encouraging -- she was fabulous with the home cooks!

She's really shining as a TC-alum superstar, and I hope she continues to capitalize on her success on the show.

And I think Gail did a good job as host.

by Anonymousreply 4July 4, 2021 8:19 PM

Fun show so far and some of the food looked really good. I'd love to try the red lentil risotto and the roasted radishes with steak. Didn't understand the gushing over the sloppy, gloppy carbonara-inspired risotto, though, and I thought the gimmicky parmesan crisp bowl seemed amateur indeed. I wondered whether the judges were going easy on the cook because his opponent had so soundly kicked his ass. But who knows? It's so hard to say when you're not there to taste the food.

Totally agree with you about Melissa, r4! Thought Gail was good, too, but I was cracking up at her swanning around in that leather dress.

by Anonymousreply 5July 6, 2021 1:57 AM

Gail is fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 6July 6, 2021 1:59 AM

If you were a contestant on this show, which Top Chef alum would you want as your teammate?

GO!

Me: Melissa King.

by Anonymousreply 7July 20, 2021 8:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!