Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The dating pool in Henderson

It's all a bunch of old boring men. Pretty tragic for a gal like me.

Wish those virile McCleary boys could clean the cobwebs from my dusty muffin!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254September 9, 2021 12:00 AM

I never had that problem, OP, you nasty dried up old bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 4, 2021 1:29 AM

My pussy stinks.

by Anonymousreply 2July 4, 2021 1:32 AM

We only had SFT on in my country for a few years, but, by god, it had the most earnest theme song EVER...

When tomorrow comes, what will it bring...

Will it be winter, or will it be spring.

etc ad nauseum

by Anonymousreply 3July 4, 2021 1:34 AM

Jo, I know what you mean.

I tried to seduce Warren Carter but he never seemed to pay much mind to the ladies.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 4, 2021 1:35 AM

SFT had alot of homo actors.

by Anonymousreply 5July 4, 2021 2:18 AM

Does anybody know a good plastic surgeon?

by Anonymousreply 6July 4, 2021 2:22 AM

No, but I have the number for a good sliding door repair company, bitch!

by Anonymousreply 7July 4, 2021 4:18 AM

I’ll have to watch the Curlee interview.

by Anonymousreply 8July 4, 2021 9:44 PM

R8 Not much new but they seem like good people

whereas the human suit was itching JFP and you could tell

by Anonymousreply 9July 5, 2021 12:07 AM

Mr. Locher, I am ready for my closeup.

by Anonymousreply 10July 5, 2021 12:24 AM

Eileen, go plug up a toilet somewhere. You’ll never be on my show.

by Anonymousreply 11July 5, 2021 2:19 AM

I was on Alan’s show and I have a DUI and rub piss all over my face everyday! na na na na na na na na!

by Anonymousreply 12July 5, 2021 2:22 AM

I used to watch Search For Tomorrow with my Mom when I was a kid growing up.

Joanne Tate was the heroine.

by Anonymousreply 13July 5, 2021 2:27 AM

Mary Stuart always knew she was a bitter old lush.

by Anonymousreply 14July 5, 2021 2:30 AM

How many dui’s has Colleen had? We know of two. Arrest pics are online. Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 15July 5, 2021 2:32 AM

Lisa Peluso's character Wendy wore a halter top made out of two bandanas. I think about that a lot.

My brother and I still talk about Jennifer Pace / Morgan Fairchild falling through that sliding glass door, 40+ years later.

by Anonymousreply 16July 5, 2021 2:34 AM

Where are the mugshots?

by Anonymousreply 17July 5, 2021 2:34 AM

[quote]Wish those virile McCleary boys could clean the cobwebs from my dusty muffin!

Jo, just a friendly word of advice, don't mention that name around Mary Stuart.

by Anonymousreply 18July 5, 2021 2:35 AM

Jo Henderson

by Anonymousreply 19July 5, 2021 5:48 AM

R17 Google is your friend.

by Anonymousreply 20July 5, 2021 3:43 PM

Wendy was.a HUSSY!

by Anonymousreply 21July 5, 2021 5:48 PM

John Glover kidnaps Mary Stuart on Search for Tomorrow

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22July 5, 2021 6:04 PM

Forget the McCleary brother - it was the Kendall brothers!

Here Chase Kendall Pumping Iron & Shirtless - flexing his muscles

Kevin Conroy & Michael Corbett possibly sharing a dressing room ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 5, 2021 6:05 PM

All the good cock got washed away in the flood.....

by Anonymousreply 24July 5, 2021 7:34 PM

John Glover is a gay.

by Anonymousreply 25July 5, 2021 9:01 PM

I never watched SFT(born in ‘85) but I heard about a character falling though a glass door and it was pretty gruesome. Is it available online?

by Anonymousreply 26July 5, 2021 10:14 PM

That John Glover storyline gave SFT its highest ratings in years.

I remember watching that Kevin Conroy scene when it aired (and fapping about it later) so when I met him years later I had no idea what to say. What do you say to someone you masturbated to?

by Anonymousreply 27July 5, 2021 11:13 PM

You say hi, I jerked off looking at you. Duh.

by Anonymousreply 28July 6, 2021 12:17 AM

Joanna Lee, the EP in 1983 was great for SFT. But she resigned after about 10 months because she hated the pace of daytime. Ratings were good under her reign. Ellen Barrett, her successor, was a nice woman but the cast hated her because she was a lousy producer. Nick Nicholson was even worse. He was good at Edge, but wrong for SFT.

by Anonymousreply 29July 6, 2021 12:23 AM

[quote] Ellen Barrett, her successor, was a nice woman but the cast hated her because she was a lousy producer.

She came from Ryan's Hope and fired all of Joanna Lee hires, and populated Henderson with Irish people, trying to make SFT like Ryan's Hope

by Anonymousreply 30July 6, 2021 12:25 AM

Back in the early 1980s, when I was in high school, I tried watching SFT one summer when it was on NBC. I just couldn't get into it. There were young characters -- Wendy, Suzi (played by cutie pie Cynthia Gibb), and another young woman who had red hair -- but the show did not keep my attention. I did like the music from the show's opening. I thought it was sexy.

by Anonymousreply 31July 6, 2021 12:30 AM

Daytime Confidential has reported that former Another World actress Philece Sampler (who played Donna Love #2) has passed away.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32July 6, 2021 12:35 AM

Nelson Aspen is a nellie old queen. He thinks Philece was a great Donna Love. lololololololol Oh Nelson, get a clue.

by Anonymousreply 33July 6, 2021 12:47 AM

Search was a complicated show. It was the last soap to be centered around one character and that is probably why it was never able to distinquish itself against the others. They probably should have followed the Love of Life model and married Jo off and given her some kids and a family or put her in a setting like a college to generate stories or she could have become a Mary Worth type charcter.

by Anonymousreply 34July 6, 2021 1:00 AM

I had watched SFT going back to the early Liza-Travis days, but David Forsyth really got my attention. He is still my perfect type.

by Anonymousreply 35July 6, 2021 1:07 AM

I wonder if the rumors are true that Jill Farren Phelps sampled the Forsyth dick. If so, lucky lady!

by Anonymousreply 36July 6, 2021 1:33 AM

R32 we mentioned that briefly at the end of the other thread.

Philece was known on these boards (as a poster also was) as "Brand New Sexy Donna" as that's what she was hired for back then at AW.

by Anonymousreply 37July 6, 2021 1:39 AM

Nelson Aspen worked on Search for Tomorrow - and used to promote himself as the expert on "Search"

Mary Stuart promo - the woman who made Daytime what it is today

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38July 6, 2021 1:43 AM

Travis & Liza - Daytime's Favorite Romantic Couple Promo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39July 6, 2021 1:45 AM

R38 AND we get a sneak peak of Miss Kim Zimmer as Nola Dancy!

by Anonymousreply 40July 6, 2021 1:45 AM

Poor Rod Arrants. They had him sporting a fro so that maybe someone at home would mistake him for Luke Spencer.

by Anonymousreply 41July 6, 2021 1:47 AM

[quote] They had him sporting a fro so that maybe someone at home would mistake him for Luke Spencer.

That was deliberate by TPTB at Proctor & Gamble

by Anonymousreply 42July 6, 2021 1:48 AM

Mary Stuart was not pretty.

by Anonymousreply 43July 6, 2021 2:12 AM

Mary Stuart was a drunk!

by Anonymousreply 44July 6, 2021 4:08 AM

Mary was scary looking on GL.

by Anonymousreply 45July 6, 2021 4:37 AM

Remember that scene where Meta slapped Beth, saying she deserved to get raped by Bradley because she was a cold fish to Phillip? That was harsh. Meta was phased out after that. Not cool.

by Anonymousreply 46July 6, 2021 4:39 AM

When Stu Bergman was finally allowed to join the Henderson Y.M.C.A. the other guys were jealous of his thick cut sizemeat.

by Anonymousreply 47July 6, 2021 5:49 AM

Stu Bergman was a hottie. Just like Alan Sarapa on twitter.

by Anonymousreply 48July 6, 2021 10:42 AM

R38 Nelson has been dining out on his tenuous connection to Mary for years.

by Anonymousreply 49July 6, 2021 2:55 PM

Was Mary ever good looking? She always looked old and beat to me. And in the clip above was she sucking face with John Aniston? How did i miss those eposodes?

by Anonymousreply 50July 6, 2021 5:06 PM

SFT did not even try to glam Jo up. They could have at least done something with her hair.

by Anonymousreply 51July 6, 2021 5:35 PM

If you think Jo should be glammed up, you really don't understand SFT.

by Anonymousreply 52July 6, 2021 5:40 PM

Mary looked like most people's grandmas at a time when women looked like that, before every 70 year old woman had flat whore hair down to her shoulders and enough Botox to kill a cow.

by Anonymousreply 53July 6, 2021 7:06 PM

Wikipedia has a pic of Mary when she was a starlet in 1947.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54July 6, 2021 7:16 PM

Young Charita Bauer reminds me a bit of a young Betty Windsor aka QEII.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55July 6, 2021 9:05 PM

Hello my dears! What a lovely day it has been for me, Scoche Marin, to tape scenes as Katherine Chancellor in the beautiful Chancellor Park set on television’s number one daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56July 7, 2021 12:25 AM

Mary Stuart screwed herself at Search. She was jealous that her tv daughter, Patti (then played by Leigh Lassen Natalie Israel - yeah the same person). She berated head writer Ann Marcus, and then Patti was written out. Patti had just given birth, and even though Stuart was well old enough to play a grandmother, she wanted no character around to remind anyone. Stupid move that stymied Jo for years.

by Anonymousreply 57July 7, 2021 1:43 AM

How to find a man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58July 7, 2021 5:25 AM

Mary sure was homely.

by Anonymousreply 59July 7, 2021 5:44 AM

r24 lmao

Where have all the cowboys gone?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60July 7, 2021 5:50 AM

R53 Oh my gosh I'm dead. You old whores make me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 61July 7, 2021 5:56 AM

I cordially invite you to visit me, Scoche Marin, the definitive Katherine Chancellor on THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS, television’s number one daytime drama, at the exquisite Chancellor Estate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62July 7, 2021 2:29 PM

The older I get the more I appreciate how fine a piece of ass David Forsyth was back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 63July 7, 2021 3:03 PM

Did Mrs Goutman meet her future hubby at Search?

by Anonymousreply 64July 7, 2021 3:37 PM

Little Miss Seattle herself, Susan Marie Snyder, will be on the Locher Room on July 15.

by Anonymousreply 65July 7, 2021 6:27 PM

R63 he was fine as fuck. My dream man.

by Anonymousreply 66July 7, 2021 7:30 PM

R63 I loved when Cheryl McKinnon kept having fantasies about him at AW… if only Scott had been the one having fantasies about him!!!

by Anonymousreply 67July 7, 2021 7:31 PM

I never watched Search for Tomorrow very much. I remember people I knew were watching it mostly because hometown girl Sherry Mathis was on it. She returned to Memphis when she left SFT and died of cancer at age 44.

by Anonymousreply 68July 7, 2021 7:56 PM

"Steve Kaslo" was hot ... and 6'3.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69July 7, 2021 10:02 PM

Sad that David Forsyth has been having severe health issues. He apparently had a stroke and was on a feeding tube for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 70July 7, 2021 10:10 PM

Well OP have you looked in the mirror? I am sure the feeling IS mutual.

by Anonymousreply 71July 7, 2021 10:11 PM

Did Jo know she was bearding for Dr. Tony Vincente?

Their 'bright and bouncy' worlds ??

Was that some kind of code back then?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72July 8, 2021 12:37 AM

Val Dufour and Tony George hooked up on Mary’s dressing room couch. And she sat on it afterward.

by Anonymousreply 73July 8, 2021 10:14 AM

Anyway

by Anonymousreply 74July 8, 2021 12:55 PM

Have we brought Spicen and Serial Nutjob over here yet? Serial psycho nutcase is acting up again and getting told off on the tweeterer.

by Anonymousreply 75July 8, 2021 3:20 PM

I haven’t watched TSFT since they dropped “The.”

by Anonymousreply 76July 8, 2021 3:23 PM

Mary Stuart wanted to rename the show Search For The Tomorrow. Vee said no. He’s in the biz you know.

by Anonymousreply 77July 8, 2021 3:50 PM

Tony George missed Earl Holliman so much, he quit and moved back to Hollywood to be with Earl.

by Anonymousreply 78July 8, 2021 4:11 PM

Vee, who is in the biz, vetoed Dumbass Dylan’s idea to retool the show as Serrch Fer Theyre Yezterdey.

by Anonymousreply 79July 8, 2021 4:11 PM

Lynn Loring, who was Joanne's daughter in the early days, later ran a Hollywood studio.

by Anonymousreply 80July 8, 2021 4:13 PM

I've decided to start watching the Locher Room . Liz Hubbard is kind of mean.

by Anonymousreply 81July 8, 2021 6:40 PM

I loved her referring to Nancy whatsername on The Doctors as a “shoe model.” Poor Alan looked like he wanted the earth to swallow him up whole. The actress had been on the other reunion of The Doctors.

by Anonymousreply 82July 8, 2021 7:17 PM

Why was Mary such an asshole. What was her problem

by Anonymousreply 83July 8, 2021 7:21 PM

Liz wasn't mean! She just had no time for fools. I loved that episode. A master class.

by Anonymousreply 84July 8, 2021 7:52 PM

Tony George and Farley Granger would take bets on the set of OLTL as to who could bed a certain twink cast member. Both old queens were past their prime by then but good for them for playing.

by Anonymousreply 85July 8, 2021 9:09 PM

Why didn’t Lyn Loring bring Mary to Hollywood? Oh that’s right-she hated Mary because she was such a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 86July 8, 2021 9:13 PM

[quote] Have we brought Spicen and Serial Nutjob over here yet? Serial psycho nutcase is acting up again and getting told off on the tweeterer

We don't care about any of these people. We will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever care about them.

Go to some other board with this fuckery.

by Anonymousreply 87July 8, 2021 10:06 PM

R85 You do realize that Farley and Tony played the same character at different times. There was even another actor in the role after Farley left, but before Tony came in.

by Anonymousreply 88July 8, 2021 10:08 PM

R88 Did someone get a taste of Tommy Lee Jones' cock?

by Anonymousreply 89July 8, 2021 10:09 PM

[quote]Liz wasn't mean! She just had no time for fools.

There is a difference between having no time for fools and being rude. It doesn't matter though, she almost 90 so I guess she's earned the right.

by Anonymousreply 90July 8, 2021 11:44 PM

Hubbard is nasty. Always has been.

by Anonymousreply 91July 9, 2021 1:19 AM

R87 You love me. You truly love me!

by Anonymousreply 92July 9, 2021 1:47 AM

Hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 93July 9, 2021 4:00 AM

An interesting comment from A Martinez on the JFP interview.

[quote] Ms. Phelps, the visionary producer of #SantaBarbara, is family to me. She was willing to bet her early career position on making Cruz and Eden a couple –– an extremely bold idea at the time –– and in so doing, changed the course of two actors’ lives. As much as any human being ever, Jill challenged me to get better in the work, and spoke with clarity to the details of getting that done. As the Executive Producer of six network soaps, Jill has won an armful of Emmys. Along the way –– as social media exploded –– she has also been a lightning rod for some truly outrageous criticism. THIS WONDERFUL INTERVIEW provides an opportunity to dive beneath the surface of what we see onscreen; to witness the thinking and machinery behind the decisions that drive our stories.

[quote] More than once, fans of shows I’ve been part of have been super quick to blame somebody for the exit of a beloved character –– even though the person getting blamed may have been working with literally zero control of the situation. This is especially poignant when the actor who leaves has actually forced the show to cut him or her loose… At times –– though both the actor and audience may be on board with a character’s longevity –– economic forces, as written in the balance sheets of massive business interests, dictate who will live and who will die. As I’ve said, Jill is family to me. She has also been my ‘boss’ on two gigs–– Santa Barbara and General Hospital. During GH, the shock of 9/11 pushed ABC into the greatest single quarterly revenue loss in TV history. And it was Jill –– my friend –– who met me in the hall after work one day, looked me in the eye, and fired me. I was making good money, and had thus become a target for elimination in a moment of corporate crisis.

by Anonymousreply 94July 10, 2021 12:00 PM

The behind the scenes people at GL must've hated Mary. Was misspelling her last name on the screen after JVD announced that she had died their final "fuck you, cunt"?

by Anonymousreply 95July 10, 2021 12:18 PM

Mary's book has a bit where SFT brings on an actress to play a doctor who they were grooming to take over for Mary. Not sure WHEN this occurred - but Olympia Dukakis was on the show at some point. Anyway the actress accused Mary of sabotaging their scene with an impromptu coughing fit. I'd love to figure out who this was.

by Anonymousreply 96July 10, 2021 12:51 PM

But I thought JFP only hires her friends, not fires them.

by Anonymousreply 97July 10, 2021 12:58 PM

I used to have Mary's book but it got lost at some point. I should find it again.

by Anonymousreply 98July 10, 2021 1:25 PM

Mary Stewart’s book is good if you run out of t.p. Wipe your ass with it.

by Anonymousreply 99July 10, 2021 1:47 PM

Mary STUART's book is epic reading.

by Anonymousreply 100July 10, 2021 2:13 PM

When Mary Stewart passed, I followed the instructions that were onscreen on CBS and donated in Mary STEWART’s memory.

by Anonymousreply 101July 10, 2021 2:22 PM

I appreciate A's comments.

Soap watchers don't always realize how micromanaged soaps are and have always been. No soap writer or EP comes to a show wanting to do bad work. In most cases they come to a show because the network or production company has told them they want something. Autonomy is rare, and even that has land mines.

I listen to some of those soap podcasts and follow soap twitter. I respect soap fans and in most cases they know the shows and the history better than anyone. Often, they make great suggestions. They just don't understand the politics of soaps. They don't understand pitching a story for ABC and being told no because of XYZ. They don't understand story meetings with network execs who don't watch the show. They don't understand actors who hate each other and who don't want to work together. They don't understand actor egos. They don't understand budgets.

If you haven't. I recommend watching the Nancy Curlee Locher Room interview. She's too polite to go into certain details, but you can read between the lines. That team succeeded in spite of CBS and PG and politics and in some cases outright sabotage.

by Anonymousreply 102July 10, 2021 2:33 PM

Nancy Curlee was very clear, without coming out and saying it, that the problem they ran into was the P&G and network executives.

by Anonymousreply 103July 10, 2021 3:04 PM

A Martinez is the definition of a class act.

by Anonymousreply 104July 10, 2021 5:18 PM

JFP put A in those tight tight jeans on SB and you could tell that he has a big pinga.

by Anonymousreply 105July 10, 2021 7:20 PM

Link to these A Martinez quotes, please.

by Anonymousreply 106July 10, 2021 8:18 PM

Whaddabout that Hogan guy on SFT? Gay in real life, right?

by Anonymousreply 107July 10, 2021 8:24 PM

David Forsyth? No.

by Anonymousreply 108July 10, 2021 8:37 PM

David Forsyth - never married, lived in Greenwich Village, went to bookstores.

by Anonymousreply 109July 11, 2021 12:57 AM

Forsyth had many girlfriends over the years. Rumors of him and JFP getting it on. He’s straight.

by Anonymousreply 110July 11, 2021 1:02 AM

[quote] Mary's book has a bit where SFT brings on an actress to play a doctor who they were grooming to take over for Mary. Not sure WHEN this occurred - but Olympia Dukakis was on the show at some point. Anyway the actress accused Mary of sabotaging their scene with an impromptu coughing fit. I'd love to figure out who this was.

It wasn't Olympia Dukakis. It was stage actress Jo Henderson. she played Kate McCleary and as they were expanding the McCleary family (three brothers and on sister) with Jo Henderson as the matriarch of the family. In addition they had her character be Liza's nanny, weaving her into the Sentell plot

So you have two families - the Sentell's & McClearys - and Joe Henderson is involved with both families

I don't know why Mary Stuart would feel threatened. As Jo Henderson had nothing to do but be a sounding board to other people's characters. But Jo Henderson was out after a year.

by Anonymousreply 111July 11, 2021 1:03 AM

So, I've started watching Edge of Night on YouTube. I've started with the Mansion of the Damned storyline. It is so much fun. Here is a question for those of you who followed Edge when it was originally on.

How was the response to Jayne Bentzen taking over for Maeve McGuire? Jayne was almost 20 years younger. I can't find anything online about why they decided to de-age the character.

Also Frances Fisher is great in this. And Ann Flood is also great.

by Anonymousreply 112July 11, 2021 1:23 AM

R109 damn I was born like 20 years too late :( I bet he was a hot fucking top.

by Anonymousreply 113July 11, 2021 1:25 AM

R113 watch old Another World episodes on YouTube

You can see his furry chest and his bulging muscles

by Anonymousreply 114July 11, 2021 1:27 AM

R114 I watched them on SoapNet back in 2003. I was in high school at the time but I was definitely more into him than the younger hunks.

by Anonymousreply 115July 11, 2021 1:28 AM

[quote]How was the response to Jayne Bentzen taking over for Maeve McGuire? Jayne was almost 20 years younger. I can't find anything online about why they decided to de-age the character.

I'm not aware of any official explanation for why they decided to deSORAS Nicole by 20 years. But I speculate it has to do with:

1. Younger actors are less expensive. Jayne Bentzen was 23 in 1978 when she was cast. Maeve McGuire was 41 in 1978. Show left the role open for a long time before recasting in 1978, hoping McGuire would come back after some time away. McGuire would have been at least three times as expensive as newbie Bentzen. Probably even more expensive than that.

2. Soaps tend to like the ladies in a romantic pairing to be younger than the man. Bentzen was 14 years younger than Joel Crothers. Meanwhile, IRL McGuire was only 4 years older than Joel Crothers, but when Nicole was with Miles, Nicole looked older than than Miles.

by Anonymousreply 116July 11, 2021 1:49 AM

Thanks R116. I appreciate your response!

On another note, I forgot to mention how good Kim Hunter is in this. This is such a good storyline and that Elliot Dorn is such a cad.

by Anonymousreply 117July 11, 2021 1:56 AM

Kim Hunter received an Emmy Nomination - but lost to Judith Light

by Anonymousreply 118July 11, 2021 1:57 AM

R111 Mary's book came out long before Jo Henderson was around, and even before Olympia D. It had to be before 1978 when Mary started writing her book.

by Anonymousreply 119July 11, 2021 3:07 AM

R110 can you name anyone who David was dating? I've heard the tales of his JFP affair, but honestly other than strong friendships with the likes of Anna Hollbrook, I don't recall any woman he was said to be dating. He pings for me, bigtime. A straight guy, with his military and medical background, would have been the ultimate catch.

by Anonymousreply 120July 11, 2021 3:18 AM

I think Mary also had issues with one of the actresses who played her daughter. I once read on some message board that Mary wasn't a fan of Ann Williams, but I'm not sure if that was true or not. There were also issues with Ann Marcus.

by Anonymousreply 121July 11, 2021 3:31 AM

Yes, David is gay. What does he look like today?

by Anonymousreply 122July 11, 2021 5:23 AM

R106 A Martinez quotes are on his instagram and facebook pages.

by Anonymousreply 123July 11, 2021 5:46 AM

R120 David had a long term relationship with soap director Sonia Blangiardo who is now at Days. She used to direct east coast soaps.

by Anonymousreply 124July 11, 2021 5:51 AM

Isn't Sonia B. gay?

by Anonymousreply 125July 11, 2021 12:35 PM

Sorry not Sonia B. who is a gay, Crystal Chappel? I get them confused.

by Anonymousreply 126July 11, 2021 12:41 PM

An article about David F that goes into his service in Vietnam.

No mention of a girlfriend, but it does mention his beloved cat......meow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127July 11, 2021 1:50 PM

Olympia Dukakis did play a psychiatrist on the show and was a potential love interest for the Stu Bergman character.

by Anonymousreply 128July 11, 2021 2:36 PM

David Forsyth started acting when he was 30 - before that he was a paramedic and firefighter

by Anonymousreply 129July 11, 2021 2:47 PM

Perhaps David keeps his private life…….private. Better than someone like Van Hansis who flamed to high heaven giving an interview to Out magazine that he’s straight. Yeah, straight to the next cock.

by Anonymousreply 130July 11, 2021 3:39 PM

And US Marine, R129

as the article about clearly states

by Anonymousreply 131July 11, 2021 6:05 PM

For some reason I always had in my head that he was married and therefore not available to me. So many missed chances!

by Anonymousreply 132July 11, 2021 6:18 PM

Van said he 'identifies' as straight, whatever the hell that means ala Connie Ford.

I suspect David Forsyth is a gay man, and to preserve his career he needed beards. Or maybe reading between the lines, he put it out there. He came from a military family. Anyway. someone as gorgeous as he was. would not ever need to be alone.

by Anonymousreply 133July 11, 2021 7:42 PM

At Forsyth's Linkedin page, he refers to himself as a "semi-retired photographer" under the business name "Artful Photography" (since 2004) located in Lackawaxen, Pennsylvania. But the photo he has of himself there is from a long-ago Law & Order episode. He seemed to mainly do photographs for actors. (He responded to a post by Mark Pinter within the last year.) .. Over at Model Mayhem his photographer's page lists him as "David 'Doc' Forsyth". It says, " David currently resides in a quiet town on the Delaware river in Pennsylvania with his amazing and ever-faithful side-kick, "Buster" the wonder dog.

by Anonymousreply 134July 11, 2021 8:30 PM

Maybe he enjoyed the homosex with the gay actor who played Ryan on Texas? Philip Clark?

by Anonymousreply 135July 11, 2021 8:39 PM

When David Forsyth was pressed into service, as an emergency recast on All My Children - right in the middle of a scene!

Watch below

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136July 11, 2021 8:59 PM

It wasn’t “right in the middle of a scene,” R136. It was two separate scenes on two separate days. Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 137July 11, 2021 9:48 PM

Why "emergency recast"? Did Actor #1 quit abruptly/OD? Was he fired on the spot for rude/violent/psychotic behavior (like Thomas Gibson on Criminal Minds)? David looks hot. What year was this? Show me what David looks like now.

by Anonymousreply 138July 11, 2021 9:58 PM

[quote] It wasn’t “right in the middle of a scene,”

Uhm they are on the same set - they are the same two character, the dialogue is continuous

by Anonymousreply 139July 11, 2021 10:00 PM

Actor #1 quit because he was a child pornographer or something?

by Anonymousreply 140July 11, 2021 10:01 PM

No, R139. No. You’re incorrect.

by Anonymousreply 141July 11, 2021 10:01 PM

R141 wrong - brush up on your soap production knowledge

by Anonymousreply 142July 11, 2021 10:06 PM

Nice fantasies, men. David Forsyth is straight. You want to make everyone gay. Wishing it doesn’t make it true.

by Anonymousreply 143July 11, 2021 10:15 PM

Roscoe killed himself. Damn.

by Anonymousreply 144July 11, 2021 10:16 PM

You’re a moron, R141. Why can’t you admit you’re wrong?

The scene with Born/Barr was obviously on one day (probably the Friday cliffhanger) OR it cut to another scene. THEN the Forsyth/Barr scene was obviously either the next day or the following Monday. No matter what they were considered two separate scenes.

I’ve worked on daytime as crew for years so I think I know what’s what.

by Anonymousreply 145July 11, 2021 10:38 PM

As mentioned on the other thread:

[quote] The actor who left was Roscoe Born. He did actually work again, including a long-ish stint on Y&R, DAYS and a return to One Life to Live on ABC, the same network he walked from. As I understand it, the storyline with his character was about to turn ugly - the character, Jim, was going to be revealed as a pedo, and Born just said "Sorry, this is horrifying and I cannot do it" and walked. And apparently, the middle of that scene (as written) was where he left, so yes, they totally had to pick up where he last filmed a complete scene. It was not a super established character and I think once David Forsyth (actor 2) came in, they played out whatever and then wrote or killed that character off.

Noting here as not noted in the initial post on the other thread that he eventually played Tom Fisher on Y&R who was abusive to Kevin, and also played Mitch Laurence on OLTL who technically was a statutory rapist with Natalie, I think? But I think they were going full hey-little-kid-want-some-candy pedo with this Jim character and that was something he was unwilling to play.

by Anonymousreply 146July 12, 2021 12:07 AM

Has Mary Stewart commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 147July 12, 2021 12:19 AM

anyway

by Anonymousreply 148July 12, 2021 1:40 AM

I gave to the Mary Stewart foundation, per the CBS instructions.

by Anonymousreply 149July 12, 2021 1:55 AM

I am a bigger star than Mary Stewart ever was!

by Anonymousreply 150July 12, 2021 3:28 AM

[quote]I was on Alan’s show and I have a DUI and rub piss all over my face everyday! na na na na na na na na! —Kim “PeePeeFace” Zimmer

That must be what inspired GL to make their opening and closing titles look like a piss stain on a blue carpet the same year SFT was canceled:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151July 12, 2021 3:35 AM

Show me the hottest photo/scene of David Forsyth. SHOW ME!

by Anonymousreply 152July 12, 2021 4:04 AM

[quote] a piss stain on a blue carpet

I’m dead 😭 Now I can’t un-see it.

by Anonymousreply 153July 12, 2021 4:08 AM

I can one up you Kim. I have 2 dui’s!

by Anonymousreply 154July 12, 2021 4:08 AM

GL was stupid asf to go from one of the most sweeping, gorgeous openings to that “piss stain on blue carpet” shit.

by Anonymousreply 155July 12, 2021 4:41 AM

How interesting that they bring Robert Reed into Henderson right when the show ended.

by Anonymousreply 156July 12, 2021 4:48 AM

Was there a show finale? Everyone died in a Moldavian-type massacre?

by Anonymousreply 157July 12, 2021 4:59 AM

Who did Robert Reed play? Was he Mary Stuart's love interest?

by Anonymousreply 158July 12, 2021 5:00 AM

Robert Reed was David Forsyth's love interest.

by Anonymousreply 159July 12, 2021 5:37 AM

There was a flood earlier in the year which seemed like it was written to cut the budget and weed out the least essential characters.

by Anonymousreply 160July 12, 2021 5:39 AM

[quote] GL was stupid asf to go from one of the most sweeping, gorgeous openings to that “piss stain on blue carpet” shit.

Fortunately, they followed it up with the best opening during the entire run.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161July 12, 2021 1:25 PM

R151 Please don't quote the mentally ill loon. Or even acknowledge it.

by Anonymousreply 162July 12, 2021 1:28 PM

LOL at the opening at R151 - how they thought Lisby Larson was supposed to be so sexy and fab is just......*shakes head*

Though John Bolger's fine ass looks hot there.

by Anonymousreply 163July 12, 2021 1:30 PM

R161 Your version is a bit cheesy, when they started playing around with it and adding steel guitar.

THIS is the finest version. As regal as any nighttime soap. The first time I heard it I got goosebumps. And introduced at a time where the show was cooking on all four burners!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164July 12, 2021 1:33 PM

Vee, who’s in the biz, ordered SFT to wash away Henderson in the flood. Mary Stewart was scared because she couldn’t swim. Ask Nelson Aspen, her bestie.

by Anonymousreply 165July 12, 2021 3:25 PM

Writer starts "Marland Mondays" blog

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166July 12, 2021 6:54 PM

R164 So beautiful. That is my favorite as well.

by Anonymousreply 167July 12, 2021 6:56 PM

Mary Stewart … is she any kin to Nick Stewart from [italic]Amos 'n' Andy[/italic]? That premiered on CBS-TV the same year.

by Anonymousreply 168July 12, 2021 6:57 PM

She was mother to Amii Stewart. And also Susan Stewart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169July 12, 2021 7:00 PM

I didn’t think the opening in 1991 was better than the 83-85 opening which really was, I think,the best soap opening ever. Of any show. But the one in 1991 was a second.

by Anonymousreply 170July 12, 2021 8:29 PM

R145 when you learn about soap production, then you have the right to be indignant

You do realize that soaps are now shot by set - meaning they no longer do one episode a day. Everything is now filmed out of sequence, where they film "by set"

so they film segments from 5 to 6 shows all in one day, as long as they are on the same set. That way money saved as they don't have to strike a set, then reassemble 2 days later. So if one scene is stretched over two shows, and it is on the same set. They shoot all of those scenes for the two shows in one day.

Again if you were knew anything about soap production, you wouldn't make a fool out of yourself.

by Anonymousreply 171July 12, 2021 8:39 PM

R170 I keep going back and forth between the first version of that theme and the earliest version(s) of Hold On To Love as to which is my fave.

by Anonymousreply 172July 12, 2021 10:04 PM

I think what R145 was saying is that the Roscoe/David switch didn't happen during the same Act. I think what that person is saying is that Roscoe was playing the role in Act 1/Scene 3 and then David took over the role in Act 4/Scene 1. There is clearly some type of pause in that video. It appeared to be an Act Break, but I wasn't watching AMC then.

by Anonymousreply 173July 12, 2021 11:34 PM

R134. Is the quiet town on the Delaware a place called New Hope? Because that would answer the gay question once and for all.

by Anonymousreply 174July 13, 2021 2:37 AM

R174, David lives further upriver.

by Anonymousreply 175July 13, 2021 3:15 AM

Vee, who’s in the biz, dictates which sets go up and down. Vee literally knows EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 176July 13, 2021 4:16 AM

MART!

by Anonymousreply 177July 13, 2021 4:20 AM

R174 Lackawaxen Townhsip, which is in one of those Trumpslvania counties (Pike) with the very precinct he's in going 70% for Dump. .. Campaign records, though, show he routinely and generously contributes to Act Blue and Dem candidates.

by Anonymousreply 178July 13, 2021 5:37 AM

R177 Hulswit?

by Anonymousreply 179July 13, 2021 3:11 PM

I never watched SFT; by the time I started watching soaps my NBC affiliate didn’t carry it.

What was it like, quality wise, in the 70s and 80s. It seemed to do well in the ratings in the 70s, and they did try to stay contemporary with Travis and Liza, but was it well written and acted?

I’ve never read good or bad reviews of it, so I’m curious.

by Anonymousreply 180July 13, 2021 4:05 PM

SEARCH was never a bad little show.

by Anonymousreply 181July 13, 2021 5:01 PM

No, R173, I’m saying that the transition from Born to Forsyth happened on separate days.

I think the only time a character switched from one actor to another IN THE SAME SCENE ON THE SAME DAY was Mark Valley going into the shower as Jack Devereaux in Days of our Lives and Matt Ashford stepping out.

The only time that’s ever happened. Period. And it was only done as a gag, not because Valley abruptly quit and they hadn’t completed the scene.

by Anonymousreply 182July 14, 2021 1:07 AM

R182 it happened on All My Children as well. If you are such a Soap Expert you should know which character it was

by Anonymousreply 183July 14, 2021 1:18 AM

Days transitioned the actors who played Jack Deveraux in a 1997 shower scene, going from Mark Valley to Steven Wilder. Valley started the shower but when it was over its was Wilder who came out of the shower.

AMC transitioned the actors who played Babe Carey in a 2007 scene with mama Crystal hugging her daughter, going from Alexa Havens to Amanda Baker. Alexa started the hug with Crystal, but it was Amanda who pulled away from her.

Both of those scenes were pre-planned as a way to transition between actors. Both actors were on set that day to film the transition scene and filmed their scenes one after another.

In the case of All My Children in 1997 with Roscoe Born departing abruptly and David Foresyth taking over the role of Jim Thomason, the two actors were never on the set at the same time. Hell, it likely took several days to line up the replacement actor. The scene may have been edited together to look it was seemless, but behind the scenes, it was anything but seamless.

by Anonymousreply 184July 14, 2021 4:17 AM

Thank you, Aunt Liz! Your expertise is always appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 185July 14, 2021 4:19 AM

Aunt Liz, you know your shit and I always enjoy your posts.

by Anonymousreply 186July 14, 2021 5:15 AM

Santa Barbara recast Mason Capwell within an episode. Mason was in a restaurant played by Terry Lester, and when they came back from the break he had left the restaurant and was played by Gordon Thompson.

by Anonymousreply 187July 14, 2021 5:24 AM

Julia Barr sure had a run of bad luck with love interests and recasts there for a while. Even though everyone watching knew Brooke belonged with Adam, they kept giving him younger wives, and throwing Brooke up against new men…The first Pierce was fired after he sexually harassed a fan, then some other guy briefly played him until they brought in Maxwell Caulfield. I don’t remember how that fizzled out. Then the whole Roscoe Born/David Forsyth thing. They brought in super hot David Beecroft (he should have been a star) as a priest and were heading towards a Thornbirds thing…then it turned out he was really Stan, the drunk driver who killed her daughter Laura! Needless to say, that was the end of that romance.

I probably have that out of order. Oh well. Sorry for discussing an ABC soap on this thread!

by Anonymousreply 188July 14, 2021 5:33 AM

R188 You should be.

by Anonymousreply 189July 14, 2021 5:42 AM

More on Mary Stuart’s dusty muffin and the efforts to clean it out.

by Anonymousreply 190July 14, 2021 3:49 PM

Should they have recast Rick on GL seeing as he did have great chemistry with Phillip And both Beths.

by Anonymousreply 191July 14, 2021 4:01 PM

Ha! Love of Life had Ron Tomme as Bruce, marry Vanessa Raven (Bonnie Bartlett) on a Friday, and on Monday, Audrey Peters debuted as Vanessa Sterling, completing the vows.

by Anonymousreply 192July 14, 2021 5:51 PM

[quote] More on Mary Stuart’s dusty muffin and the efforts to clean it out.

I understand a power washer, a gallon of Murphy's oil soap, and some stucco were all involved.

by Anonymousreply 193July 14, 2021 8:29 PM

Mary's book wasn't bad. She always looked so dour but I was surprised by her wry and self-deprecating humor. She seemed crabby but hell, I'm crabby.

by Anonymousreply 194July 14, 2021 8:39 PM

R194 her depiction of a soap wedding, with a Jewish actor playing a minister was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 195July 14, 2021 9:55 PM

Nelson Aspen, it was THE Search For Tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 196July 14, 2021 11:25 PM

A lot of those old soap broads were nothing like their characters. I loved Lemay's account of having lunch with Virginia Dwyer - dripping in jewels and furs. Mary Stuart was nothing like Jo. Frances Reid was the polar opposite of Alice Horton. Charita Bauer was probably somewhere in between bitchy Bert and sweet grandmotherly Bert. Lil Hayman was nothing like Sadie.

I do get the feeling that Helen Wagner was every bit of Nancy Hughes in real life and Connie Ford was basically playing herself.

by Anonymousreply 197July 14, 2021 11:47 PM

All signs point to Helen being a slightly cuntier Nancy.

by Anonymousreply 198July 14, 2021 11:52 PM

Julia Barr was one of the nicest women in Daytime. And maybe the best actress, too.

by Anonymousreply 199July 14, 2021 11:56 PM

Speaking of AMC, Sue Lu is back on the Locher Room and so are Kendall and Bianca

by Anonymousreply 200July 15, 2021 1:21 AM

Mary Stuart died in her sleep one night from a stroke a number of years ago - it was a quick and merciful way to go. No lingering.

by Anonymousreply 201July 15, 2021 4:41 AM

In what state is/was Henderson?

by Anonymousreply 202July 15, 2021 4:51 AM

I've gotten the impression that Maree Cheatham (who I do like) is closer to Stephanie (or maybe Aunt Charlene) than Marie Horton.

by Anonymousreply 203July 15, 2021 5:08 AM

Mary Stewart had the cancer when she kicked off.

by Anonymousreply 204July 15, 2021 6:01 AM

[quote]I've gotten the impression that Maree Cheatham (who I do like) is closer to Stephanie (or maybe Aunt Charlene) than Marie Horton.

I would hope so. Marie Horton was a hot mess.

by Anonymousreply 205July 15, 2021 6:08 AM

I know Marie. She is wonderful lady and one of the first actresses to support AIDS stricken actors.

by Anonymousreply 206July 15, 2021 11:53 AM

Marie Horton was such a wasted character. So many times she could have been brought back and made interesting.

Her kids/grandkids have all been badly misused as characters.

Then again, DAYS only brings back old characters to kill them.

by Anonymousreply 207July 15, 2021 2:01 PM

[quote] Then again, DAYS only brings back old characters to kill them.

And then undo their deaths.

by Anonymousreply 208July 15, 2021 5:51 PM

[quote] The scene may have been edited together to look it was seemless, but behind the scenes, it was anything but seamless.

When Joseph Breen was playing Scott Eldridge, the tabloids outed him as being HIV Positive. When the story broke, he immediately took a leave of absence.

Unfortunately the last scene he shot was a love scene, rolling around on the couch with Mary Kay Adams.

The script called for the next scene to fade back in on that same love scene the next day. Rather than rewrite the script, TPTB just decided to roll with the punches and have Joe Breen temporary replacement (Christopher Cass) pick up where Breen left off

Rolling around on the couch with Mary Kay Adams during a steamy love scene with the voice-over

"Today the role of Scott Eldredge will be played by Christopher Cass"

by Anonymousreply 209July 15, 2021 5:58 PM

[quote] "Today the role of Scott Eldredge will be played by Christopher Cass"

As The World Turns Emergency Recast During A Love Scene! (1993) From Joseph Breen to Christoper Cass

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210July 15, 2021 6:50 PM

[quote] Marie Horton was such a wasted character. So many times she could have been brought back and made interesting.

Especially since she was involved in the S&M scene - really they wrote in the storyline on Days of our Lives

by Anonymousreply 211July 15, 2021 6:55 PM

Is Joseph Breen still living?

by Anonymousreply 212July 15, 2021 7:38 PM

Kate Woodville was a strange choice for Sister Marie.

by Anonymousreply 213July 15, 2021 8:28 PM

[quote] Is Joseph Breen still living?

Yes, he is married to the daughter of Johnny Cash - Carlene Carter

by Anonymousreply 214July 15, 2021 10:06 PM

Did Breen get the aids from Bernau?

by Anonymousreply 215July 15, 2021 10:43 PM

I hate the name Marie, especially when it’s altered to the stupid looking “Maree.”

Same goes for Milly/Millee.

by Anonymousreply 216July 15, 2021 11:05 PM

Speaking of Marie, has anyone watched The Locher Room's interview with Susan Marie Snyder (Little Miss Seattle)?

She looked good for the few seconds we saw her

by Anonymousreply 217July 16, 2021 12:06 AM

Carlene Carter tagged "Im going to put the cunt back in country", then married Nick Lowe. Had no clue she and Breen hooked up.

by Anonymousreply 218July 16, 2021 12:31 PM

How did Breen get HIV? Str8 or gay? Drug use?

by Anonymousreply 219July 16, 2021 3:41 PM

Unclear, R219.

It was suggested that it was drug use in press articles, but I think that, like Michael Nader, there was a very flexible drugs/sex scene where the guys playing in it would indulge in sex with women and men.

Walt Willey was in that scene, too. Though still neg as far as I know.

by Anonymousreply 220July 16, 2021 3:54 PM

I’m not sure why GL kept changing their theme. They had two of the best ever from 83-85 and 91-96? Just boneheaded.

by Anonymousreply 221July 16, 2021 3:55 PM

R221

Paul Rauch shortened the second one so much that I think the composer of that song, Rob Mounsey, just withdrew the rights from the show.

Later on, the amount the music rights cost for those songs became way out of reach for the show, which is why we got the Join Hands opening and then the Lesbian Indigo Girls Reject Song opening.

by Anonymousreply 222July 16, 2021 3:59 PM

R222 Why not go back to the 83-85 one? God those openings after the Rob M one were dire. Although I initially hated the last one, it kinda grew on me a little although I only started watching the show again when I heard Phillip was coming back. By then, the show was actually, dare I say, good. I loved Beth/Coop.

by Anonymousreply 223July 16, 2021 4:02 PM

Money. The old one probably cost too much by that time.

by Anonymousreply 224July 16, 2021 4:07 PM

and PS I don't disagree with you R221/R223

But I think the money issue was at almost all the shows by then. GH didn't use the old famous ambulance roaring to the entrance music from its heyday during its anniversary because the cost for them was prohibitive.

Go figure....why a theme would cost so much....a piece of music they really can't use anywhere else??!!??

by Anonymousreply 225July 16, 2021 4:09 PM

I don't know anything about music rights, but if you write an original theme for a TV show, doesn't that eventually become the property of the production? Don't you automatically sign your rights away? It's kind of like the characters on the show. I think writers get some sort of one time compensation for a new character, but not residuals.

by Anonymousreply 226July 16, 2021 4:15 PM

R226 Well, I am not, as our ubiquitous troll would say, in the biz, but it apparently is leased for a specific amount of time.

I think this was all assumed to be very cheap and very long term in terms of rights, but when other music rights terms changed, so did themes, I guess. Somehow, it all became very expensive.

by Anonymousreply 227July 16, 2021 4:19 PM

R227 As you said, how ridiculous since that music cannot be used anywhere else. Why not continue to get paid for it if at a smaller rate? Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 228July 16, 2021 4:46 PM

Vee, who’s in the biz, owns all the rights to everything! He’s in the biz.

by Anonymousreply 229July 16, 2021 10:17 PM

Queen Locher mentioned our fave Eileen Fulton yesterday. He is trying to get her on. She will broadcast from her bathroom. She spends most of the day on the toilet, as she has for decades. Her infamous diarrhea farts are the reason why her wardrobe could not be auctioned off after ATWT was canceled and why JC Studios had to be torn down.

by Anonymousreply 230July 16, 2021 10:21 PM

Fulton was indeed known to have bowel issues. She’s about 90 now. Farts like a teenager!

by Anonymousreply 231July 16, 2021 11:22 PM

If you looked closely enough, you could see EF waddling through her scenes and clinching her buttcheeks together tightly so she would not let it rip with whatever she had for lunch.

by Anonymousreply 232July 17, 2021 12:41 AM

anyway

by Anonymousreply 233July 17, 2021 12:41 AM

Dropping Eileen’s guarantee saved the show a ton of money in plumbing, wardrobe, and reshooting fees.

by Anonymousreply 234July 17, 2021 12:43 AM

anyway

by Anonymousreply 235July 17, 2021 1:00 AM

Rob Mounsey, composer of the 1980s and 1990s GL themes, also wrote this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236July 17, 2021 11:46 PM

Rob Mounsey was/is a much bigger deal than I ever knew back when I knew he wrote the GL theme.

He was a big player in a lot of bands, I think he toured w/Steely Dan.

by Anonymousreply 237July 17, 2021 11:50 PM

Talk about irony-

Elliot Lawrence, who composed the theme for GL in 1983 (for Score productions) recently died. I saw a post about him on a theater chat site.

by Anonymousreply 238July 17, 2021 11:54 PM

Rest in peace. Hopefully the rumors of those music masters being thrown out are not true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239July 17, 2021 11:59 PM

The obit doesn’t mention the GL theme but it should. For my money the best melody ever created for a soap theme.

by Anonymousreply 240July 18, 2021 12:00 AM

R238: That's a coincidence. Irony is Kathleen Turner and Kim Zimmer both getting fat even though only one of them made an impact in movies.

[quote] The obit doesn’t mention the GL theme but it should. For my money the best melody ever created for a soap theme.

He did the arrangements, he didn't write the song.

by Anonymousreply 241July 18, 2021 12:01 AM

He wrote the fabulous Edge them and the World Turns On and On theme, my favorite of the ATWT themes.

He was in his late 50s/early 60s when he wrote those.....good stuff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242July 18, 2021 12:03 AM

Once again, he just arranged it. Jack Cortner wrote the 1980s ATWT theme.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243July 18, 2021 12:05 AM

This list of credits should be pretty comprehensive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244July 18, 2021 12:07 AM

Elliot Lawrence did a couple of great cues for Another World back in the 90s. I wish those were available for purchase.

by Anonymousreply 245July 18, 2021 12:54 AM

You know this for a fact, R241? Then who was the composer, then?

by Anonymousreply 246July 18, 2021 1:28 AM

Snaggletooth Wright on the Locher Room next week

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247July 18, 2021 2:19 AM

Elliot Lawrence composed the second theme for Texas (which I remember ended up being used for an insurance commercial). At that time Texas’ executive producer was Gail Kobe. So when she went to GL in 1983 why wouldn’t it be Lawrence who composed the new theme for her?

R241, either provide proof or shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 248July 18, 2021 2:22 AM

*breathes loudly*

by Anonymousreply 249July 21, 2021 1:42 AM

AW changed its opening in Sept 1981. Texas also changed its opening music a few weeks after that. About that same time Edge of Night got a new opening. And GL got its disco themed opening somewhere in that time frame.

Since these were all P&G shows, I'd hazard a guess that P&G started contracting with a new company at that time.

by Anonymousreply 250July 21, 2021 1:21 PM

Speaking of soap music, I didn't realize that Another World was still using organ music in 1972. That surprised me. Did all the PG shows make the switch at the same time?

by Anonymousreply 251July 21, 2021 1:34 PM

We appear to be M'd here so grab your cocktail and head over to this island paradise......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252July 21, 2021 2:10 PM

Rod Arrants (Travis) passed away in February - but the family declined to make any official announcement. An item in SAG Magazine confirmed his death months later

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253September 8, 2021 11:51 PM

Sad. Thanks for letting us know r253.

by Anonymousreply 254September 9, 2021 12:00 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!