Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Queen - the beaming and the never before seen animation since Philip died continues.

It's extraordinary. She's semi-hysterical with delight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232a day ago

She loves horses more than anything else in this world. Don’t get too excited, OP.

by Anonymousreply 107/03/2021

Now she can finally shit with the bathroom door open.

by Anonymousreply 207/03/2021

She's delighted that she doesn't have to buy a brand new replacement Land Rover every two or three months.

by Anonymousreply 307/03/2021

She does love the horses, maybe even more than she did her consort.

by Anonymousreply 407/03/2021

Private Eye reported a while ago that they'd basically been living separate lives for quite a while, with Phil living at his own place somewhere, but covid forced them to live together. So getting free of him was probably a relief.

by Anonymousreply 507/03/2021

She has looked more radiant in the last month than I have ever seen her look in my lifetime. She seems really content and happy, and good for her!

by Anonymousreply 607/03/2021

No more late night booty calls.

by Anonymousreply 707/03/2021

Liz is probably getting good dick or good pussy every night. Her smile is one of sexual satisfaction.

by Anonymousreply 807/03/2021

She's happy as shit now that she's gotten rid of Phillip and Harry and adequately sidelined Andrew. Plus, I think she's happy with how William is turning out. Her ultimate successor is in place after Charles mucks about a bit with it.

by Anonymousreply 907/03/2021

Talk about your Merry Widows!

by Anonymousreply 1007/03/2021

Will HM's hair be going positively gold with grief soon?

by Anonymousreply 1107/03/2021

I notice that too. She seems happier.

by Anonymousreply 1207/03/2021

This will surly put Charles in his grave, mark my words.

by Anonymousreply 1307/03/2021

Maybe it's because she didn't have to see Harry.

by Anonymousreply 1407/03/2021

That's a Cotswolds smile with a Guinness chaser.

by Anonymousreply 1507/03/2021

Good for her. Some widows blossom.

by Anonymousreply 1607/03/2021

Worrying about an ailing and declining spouse for years can be burdensome. I know a few people who have said that when their spouses died they began sleeping well for the first time in a long time. There is sorrow of course but relief is a natural feeling too.

by Anonymousreply 1707/03/2021

[quote]The Queen - the beaming and the never before seen animation

Naturally, this does give one cause for concern.

by Anonymousreply 1807/03/2021

She know you’ve got to live for today. God knows she’s probably only got another 40 years or so.

by Anonymousreply 1907/03/2021

[quote]Talk about your Merry Widows!

Yes, I thought "merry widow" as well.

by Anonymousreply 2007/03/2021

SWF seeking ......

by Anonymousreply 2107/03/2021

What r17 said.

Nobody should feel guilty if they enjoy a sense of freedom after your spouse, parent, partner dies especially after they were old and ill for a long time.

And even if they weren't old and ill.

"Life goes on" is a cliche, but the truth of those 3 words exceeds whatever triteness they possess.

After I'm dead, I don't want my family grieving and I have to believe that old, crusty, Prince Phillip, wanted her to "get on with it".

by Anonymousreply 2207/03/2021

R21 Dungeon Play

by Anonymousreply 2307/03/2021

95 fucking years old and still quite lucidly doing that do that she do so well. Receiving heads of State, being out and about. Amazing, ma'am!

by Anonymousreply 2407/03/2021

The Prince consort is dead, long live the Queen.

by Anonymousreply 2507/03/2021

She feels relieved because she doesn’t have to pretend anymore they have been separated since the late 50’s and she birth 2 sons that isn’t his.

by Anonymousreply 2607/03/2021

I like the shorter skirts and the higher heels, but for christsakes but the bra back on!

by Anonymousreply 2707/03/2021

In Canada, Queen statues are being toppled left and right, meanwhile QEII is like a human Weeble, popping upright at every turn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2807/03/2021

Maybe the ROYAL satchel of SEX TOYs she ordered on Amazon finally arrived.

by Anonymousreply 2907/03/2021

Are there any European eligible bachelor Kings she can start dating? Is there a royal Tinder she can consult?

by Anonymousreply 3007/03/2021

Yup, r24. Obama got it right when he described Q E II as an "astonishing" person.

I want her to live forever.

Assuming I outlive her, though, a nuclear crowbar wouldn't be able to pry my ass off my TV chair while her funeral is televised.

by Anonymousreply 3107/03/2021

I think they may have changed her meds. Regardless, good for her!

And she made Philip a Prince of the UK but she never made him Prince Consort.

by Anonymousreply 3207/03/2021

Yes, it looks like she has gotten Ketamine treatment, courtesy of the Royal Anesthesiologist.

by Anonymousreply 3307/03/2021

"I will have one mistress here, and no master! No man shall rule over me."

-the original Elizabeth

by Anonymousreply 3407/03/2021

I'm sure she's more than delighted at how William has turned out, r9. That is probably the greatest relief for her and the greatest personal legacy she can leave.

by Anonymousreply 3507/03/2021

The Merry Wife of Windsor

by Anonymousreply 3607/03/2021

There was a thread here...the Queen will go shortly after Philip died. I don't think so. I think she'll make it to 100..maybe more, like DL icon Olivia DeH. She's still driving...yikes. Surely, she could have a driver. I'm sure she does...and maybe drives on short local trips?...but still. She can barely see over the steering wheel. The Queen looks great.

by Anonymousreply 3707/03/2021

The Queen has avoided many health calamities by not smoking. That is what led to her sister's demise.

by Anonymousreply 3807/03/2021

[quote]In Canada, Queen statues are being toppled left and right, meanwhile QEII is like a human Weeble, popping upright at every turn.

Fuck Canada!

by Anonymousreply 3907/03/2021

There's not only Papa to make her happy the succession is secure, there's also Moi.

Oh yeah, George too.

by Anonymousreply 4007/03/2021

[quote]The Queen has avoided many health calamities by not smoking. That is what led to her sister's demise.

& her father.

I don't think any of the Royals smoke.

by Anonymousreply 4107/03/2021

I think she’ll easily make it to 100 dicks, I meant of course 100 years!

by Anonymousreply 4207/03/2021

Except for Middleton, she is a former smoker. But she is not really royal-royal.

by Anonymousreply 4307/03/2021

R38- Her DRINKING also led to her demise.

by Anonymousreply 4407/03/2021

Yet the alcoholic Grannie lived to be , what, 101? If Margaret hadn't smoked, she would be raising a toast as we speak.

by Anonymousreply 4507/03/2021

Princess Margaret lived to be 71.

by Anonymousreply 4607/03/2021

[quote]Princess Margaret lived to be 71.

Quite old enough

by Anonymousreply 4707/03/2021

It's been reported that she does an hour of pilates and yoga every morning, she looks incredible for her age.

by Anonymousreply 4807/03/2021

R48 Really? I heard she’s really hardcore into CrossFit?

by Anonymousreply 4907/03/2021

[quote] Really? I heard she’s really hardcore into CrossFit?

I heard she's training for the Iron Man competition.

by Anonymousreply 5007/03/2021

Her Majesty on Day 3 of The Royal Windsor Horse Show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5107/03/2021

I think her Madge loves horses because they remind her of her beloved HRH The Princess Royal.

by Anonymousreply 5207/03/2021

R50 I heard she’s all about Mudderfuckers!

by Anonymousreply 5307/03/2021

My mom locked my dad in a nursing home and redecorated the house. She changed her hairstyle and wears boho jewelry now.

by Anonymousreply 5407/03/2021

She’s beaming because The Spare finally flew back home to his muse.

by Anonymousreply 5507/03/2021

R54 Clunky turquoise and silver stuff?

by Anonymousreply 5607/03/2021

DL has more than it's share of Mary Widows

by Anonymousreply 5707/03/2021

I heard she's gonna check out Single's Night at the Queen Vic and the Prince Albert next week.

😜 Bottoms Up !

by Anonymousreply 5807/03/2021

With this new youthful attitude she should really open up a TikTok account.

“I’m a Savage, Classy, Bougie, Ratchet….Queen!”

by Anonymousreply 5907/03/2021

She's beaming because the lockdown is over and we can get back to these sort of horsey events and other shindigs again.

by Anonymousreply 6007/03/2021

The Queen has a message for all of you Americans. LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6107/04/2021

The Queen attends the last day of the Royal Windsor Horse Show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6207/04/2021

The stress of her husband's long illness is finally over. The worry and shock caused by her grandson and his horrible wife has settled into the knowledge that they and their brand will be annihilated by the counter campaign of FACTS to emerge that will take down their every lie about her family. You don't fuck with the Palace of St. James without serious consequences. And they thought they were THO clevah!

by Anonymousreply 6307/04/2021

Not an ounce of self respect in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 6407/04/2021

R63 You are nutso.

by Anonymousreply 6507/04/2021

The old lady seems to look happier and happier each day.. Didn't the Prince die only a couple of months ago? She's already wearing bright colors.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6607/05/2021

Actually, when she wore this dress to meet Biden in June, her spouse died the month before. It didn't take long for her to bring out those vibrant colors and smiles.

by Anonymousreply 6707/05/2021

The Queen (as a devout Christian) undoubtedly believes that she will be reunited with Phillip in the afterlife after her own death. In the meantime, she still has her public duties, which she has believed in all her life, and unlike many old people, she is constantly made to feel that she is useful and important.

Phillip was old and ill for a long time, and neither he nor she have ever been overly sentimental. Life for such people is to be gotten on with. No pining or complaining when troubles intrude on a privileged life She’s acting as Phillip would expect her to act.

by Anonymousreply 6807/05/2021

She looks like she was trying for some cougar action with Uncle Joe Biden there. "Well, hellloooo, Joe. Call me Lizzo. I'm only 10 years older, so don't call me a GILF. I am single, available and ready."

by Anonymousreply 6907/05/2021

She really is a fabulous dresser, like Diana. Let’s not begrudge her some action.

by Anonymousreply 7007/05/2021

The Queen awards the George Cross to the NHS. It's Britain's highest civilian medal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7107/05/2021

[quote]The old lady seems to look happier and happier each day.. Didn't the Prince die only a couple of months ago? She's already wearing bright colors.

He's been dead 87 days.

by Anonymousreply 7207/05/2021

So yeah, a couple of months ago,

by Anonymousreply 7307/05/2021

When is the unveiling of the Prince’s statute surrounded by nubile young woman he’s having affairs with?

by Anonymousreply 7407/05/2021

I love seeing her like this. She deserves it.

by Anonymousreply 7507/05/2021

R71. Strange though, that the Queen, her dead husband and most of the BRF shun the NHS and prefer to use private hospitals for their medical care.

by Anonymousreply 7607/05/2021

Actually, it's because she's all excited about this: "In 3 days Queen Elizabeth II will move from 7th to 6th place in the list of oldest serving state leaders of all time, surpassing George Tupou I King of Tonga."

by Anonymousreply 7707/05/2021

The dogs on the the Queen's headscarf are precious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7807/05/2021

She is living her best life, now that the anchor has been lifted.

by Anonymousreply 7907/05/2021

Does Lizzy twerk?

by Anonymousreply 8007/05/2021

It looks like she’s wearing the same pink hat and dress under the coat that she wore when she met Biden. Frugal gal.

by Anonymousreply 8107/05/2021

R81, she is no stranger to the walk of shame. She has been wearing the same outfit since her night with Biden.

by Anonymousreply 8207/05/2021

She's thrilled to have gotten rid of Harry and Markle, but especially Markle.

by Anonymousreply 8307/05/2021

The mighty Queen is in Manchester today for public engagements and one stop was the set of Coronation Street.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8407/08/2021

One has to march bravely on, with or without panties

by Anonymousreply 8507/08/2021

she looks drugged

by Anonymousreply 8607/08/2021

Is there a Royal pool boy?

by Anonymousreply 8707/08/2021

Video of the Queen's visit to the set of "Coronation Street" today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8807/08/2021

👜: 4 0unces of Emergency 🚨 Lavender UnderSpritz

by Anonymousreply 8907/08/2021

I think She is also feeling "normal" again regarding COVID. The fact that she is getting out, seeing people in person, etc. We don't consider how had it has been for older people to quarantine. The fact is, when you don't have much runway left, losing a year of your life is a lot. And yeah, I think she is both relieved Phil is "in a better place" and she and Phil had a great un. So you know you can look back on that and feel good about it. And she is not worried about the future. She's fine with it. Charles, William, WTF ever. HM knows in her bones, she is the last queen of England to rule.

by Anonymousreply 9007/08/2021

I think she’s feeling ‘fresh’ and ‘bouncy’

by Anonymousreply 9107/08/2021

Coronation Street, what about Hollyoaks, I think she giving the other show undue honors!

by Anonymousreply 9207/08/2021

[quote] Coronation Street, what about Hollyoaks,

Coronation Street has seniority.

by Anonymousreply 9307/08/2021

R93 But Hollyoaks has all the Queens, she’ll feel right at home.

by Anonymousreply 9407/08/2021

It can take forever for someone to die. They just slowly rot, as the doctors prescribe yet another miracle drug to keep them alive another year.

Meanwhile, they are ticking time bombs who could drop dead at any moment (how many car accidents was he in?).

Let. People. Die.

by Anonymousreply 9507/08/2021

This happened to my father after my stepmother died froma years-long bout with cancer.

It's not that she's happy that her spouse gone, but rather that she is relieved after having to stop worrying about him. She's known for years he was at the end of his life and suffering, and like most people married to very ill dying people, she wanted his suffering to come to an end since there was nothing she could do about it.

She is still active and she still has a social life. She's very close with Sophie and Edward and their children, and has people to talk to. Why not enjoy her remaining years of life?

by Anonymousreply 9607/08/2021

She's tripping balls - antidepressant with an adderall chaser. The rich get better drug cocktails.

And, they won't give her a hassle if she keeps drinking to a minimum.

Also, hasn't she axed those in the firm who fucked up leaking to the press?

by Anonymousreply 9707/08/2021

[quote] (how many car accidents was he in?).

That's what I want to know.

by Anonymousreply 9807/09/2021

Is anyone noticing a little flirty color in the hair?

by Anonymousreply 9907/09/2021

Someone higher up the thread quoted Oscar Wilde, Her hair has turned quite gold from grief.

by Anonymousreply 10007/09/2021

R83 still hasn't forgiven Harry for marrying a woman.

by Anonymousreply 10107/09/2021

I want her to become active on Twitter, demand the cancelation of random losers like Katie Hopkins and throw shade at the likes of a certain duchess or Princess Pushy. She's spent her entire life being gracious and polite. Time to trash it up a bit.

by Anonymousreply 10207/09/2021

In the past few weeks she has visited Ascot, Coronation Street and an Irn Bru factory. No wonder she’s smiling!

by Anonymousreply 10307/09/2021

When you consider that for 70 yeas she has gone out to see and be seen, meet and greet, travel around etc. and be with people, and then COVID hit, and at her age she was extremely high risk, yet she survived even though Charles, William, Katherine, her Prime Minister, and who knows who else in her circle developed the virus, Hell yes she's smiling. She made it though to the other side of the pandemic and is out here once again doing the things she enjoys.

by Anonymousreply 10407/09/2021

Why not visit Eastenders? Mick might pull out his willy!

by Anonymousreply 10507/09/2021

Yes, "I hear her hair has turned quite gold from grief" is one of the best lines from The Importance of Being Earnest and the reply is "It certainly has changed its color, from what cause I, of course, cannot say."

At the time, only actresses, prostitutes and women of loose morals dyed their hair. Remember Mammy seeing Belle Watling and saying to Scarlett "Does you know a dyed hair woman?" The subtext was "You know a whore?"

by Anonymousreply 10607/09/2021

Next, we'll see her shopping alone at Harrods.

by Anonymousreply 10707/09/2021

Interesting. Here’s my take on it. Kinda long, so 🖕🏽off if you don’t wanna read it yet wanna opine from the peanut gallery about my lengthy screed.

Lol!

R22, what a lovely and interesting outlook you have regarding death.

My grandmother passed when I was in my early 30s.

VERY old photos of her reveal that she was a beautiful young woman with black wavy hair all the way down to her back, with one prominent and completely gray streak of it on the right side of her center part, which she usually pinned up as ladies did back in her era.

She wore tasteful and well tailored clothing she sewed for herself, and she taught me how to sew, too.

She was “saved” or born again, without having gone to church or being called to participate in some shame inducing, overly theatric performance from the church alter. Instead, she read the Bible quietly to herself every afternoon while sitting on her rocking chair, perched upon her front porch. One hot summer afternoon, she inadvertently rocked herself to sleep, and as she describes it, had a dream that Jesus came to her and asked if she would allow him to live inside her heart, and she answered, “Yes”.

She was a very simple woman when it came to matters of the heart, which also made her quite naive, but from my perspective, her naïveté was never to her detriment because my grandmother was so simple, that she was all love. Pure, open love.

Fortunately, she directed much of her move towards me, and was my safe harbor in many of my storms, aka: non-idyllic childhood. Because of her, I had no clue how shitty my interpersonal family dynamics and relationships with highly dysfunctional family members, were, and some remain as such.

Anyhow, every time I think I’ve lost the ability to just openly trust and love, I remember that she was my own little personal “savior”, because she unabashedly just loved and I, the squeaky wheel, always got the grease. Lol.

When she unexpectedly died, everyone was somewhat astonished that I had zero grief at her passing, being that I was the closest to her in our family, and she was the closest to me, as well.

by Anonymousreply 10807/09/2021

Continued from R108:

A relative who flew out for her funeral asked me why I was so happy and why I wasn’t apparently grief stricken, and I answered that I didn’t know.

The question stuck with me as the day advanced, and eventually, as I drove away from Forrest Lawn and back into West Hollywood I grappled with an entirely new way of facing loss, which I didn’t expect, yet had no reason to question it until I was asked the question.

I eventually made it home, walked into my apartment and the phone rang almost immediately. It was a friend of mine working in Italy at the time, and I explained to him what had transpired earlier.

by Anonymousreply 10907/09/2021

Continued from R109:

As I was telling him the story, I answered the question.

I did not grieve my beloved grandmother because we had as perfect of a relationship as two human beings could ever hope to have. There was NEVER, EVER any screaming, judgement, bullying, shaming, rage, or anger. Ever. All I ever got from my grandmother was unconditional love and all I have back to her was exactly the same she so freely offered me.

My grandma did not do this suddenly, as many do, when realizing that life really is too short and perhaps there are 10 to 5 years left. She did this from the time I was pulled out of my mother until the day she died. She was this way with everyone, and the woman genuinely didn’t have any character flaw that anyone, familiar or strangers, could hold against her. She never proselytized to anyone, myself included, and she not once, called me a foul name or treated me like a POS when I was profoundly struggling with alcoholism/addiction. And her generosity of spirit abounded to all, so she was never untrue to herself.

She was just a simple gal. A simple gal who’s unexpected death taught me that for me, loving someone unconditionally, and she allowing me to do this as well towards her, bore no sting or deep grief, because it was a perfect love.

When we allow ourselves to love others in this way, without fear or censorship, and when we do not construct walls of fear between ourselves and others, allowing them to love us back grief just doesn’t exist. Why? Because an open and loving heart cannot loathe, fear and despise at the same time it is abounding with love and acceptance of all things and of others as they are, and not as expectations which we ourselves set up, in order to stay safe and unable to love or be loved , favored by those of us who never had the true opportunity to experience love as the simplest yet most powerful bond we have with one another.

There was a time when people understood this. There was a time when communities or tribes saw each other as vital and essential parts of each-other’s lives, and death was just another journey made with those who were living respected as an honor rather than as gut wrenching loss.

The Queen looks like she is out there, in her little pink, tweed Chanel coat and decorative pin, loving all things and people unconditionally, which is when true happiness is finally realized. She has accepted herself and those around her, and appears to appreciate them with great generosity and wisdom. Which is why I never believe any of the bullshit stories I read about her alleged disappointment with her grandson, Harry. Harry is who he is and became who he became because behind the scenes, he had a grandmother who chose to love him unconditionally, rather than to give him a ton of shit and belittle him. Which is why he is able to march to the beat of his own drum and proudly so.

You become this way when someone loves you no matter what. And believe me when I say that throughout all of the shit these boys went through with their mother’s death and the scrutiny from the world, one was able to find his own way home into the heart of his little family.

Do not be afraid, Cunts. Remember when shit gets really messy, that yiu still have an opportunity to love others unconditionally if only you stop trying to make unconditional love, conditional. Love isn’t a negotiation. It’s very simple, much like my grandma. And either you experience it unconditionally which is self realization, or you experience heartache and loss because you were too busy expecting something in return for that love. That’s not love. That’s coercion and codependency.

Yuck. 🤮

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11007/09/2021

TBH, it looks to me as if quite a few bats have moved into her belfry.

by Anonymousreply 11107/09/2021

How much did that 3 part post cost!! SS had to hire in for that one, for sure! Sorta blend between Danielle & Collins & Grimms.

Damn..War & Peace Part II..

Yes, I'm sure the Queen talks to Harry everyday on Zoom & Skype, blowing kisses... (Snigger). She also gives Meghan tips on breast feeding, diapering, gardening, make-up, etc.(Laughing doubled over!)

by Anonymousreply 11207/09/2021

[quote] Yes, I'm sure the Queen talks to Harry everyday on Zoom & Skype, blowing kisses... (Snigger)

Your use of that word was deliberate.

by Anonymousreply 11307/09/2021

Yes, Harry and Meghan have such love in their heart for Her Majesty, for making Haz who he really is, that they created havoc while her husband was dying, and have now devoted their lives to raking in cash by criticising her parenting skills and shitting all over the institution she has devoted her life to.

by Anonymousreply 11407/09/2021

William and Catherine at Wimbledon today. The Duke of Kent is stepping down as President of Wimbledon. I wonder if Kate will be named the new President?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11507/10/2021

Has anyone read Alan Bennett’s THE UNCOMMON READER? Marvelous short novel about the Queen and a gay bookmobile driver.

by Anonymousreply 11607/10/2021

Behind William and Catherine is Martina Navratilova and Billie Jean King. How's that for inclusion?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11707/10/2021

Yes, R116, I have read it. Delightful.

by Anonymousreply 11807/10/2021

Lots of celebs in those Wimbledon pictures.

And funny, to see them in the photos, but not be mentioned in the photo captions.

Maggie Smith, for one, in a peach jacket, in the row behind William and Kate, two seats over from Martina.

And Tom Cruise, unmentioned in the caption, with some woman I don't recognize.

by Anonymousreply 11907/10/2021

If this story is true, I think it's very shitty of Charles not to give Edward the Duke of Edinburgh title.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12007/10/2021

The Queen's message to England's football team manager, Gareth Southgate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12107/10/2021

Looks like Lizzy wants some Southgate dick.

by Anonymousreply 12207/10/2021

Queen or no Queen she needs to get in line....Umm Southgate..

by Anonymousreply 12307/10/2021

Charles has always been a shitty person. So when they report that he will renege and not give Edward his title, I don't doubt it. and Ever since Harry and Meghan left town Edward and Sophie have been doing double duty. At the end of the day he is still the petty, spoiled, little boy who never felt he got enough love. I don't see how Camilla can stand him. OTOH, they were meant for one another. I hope the Queen decides to do it.

by Anonymousreply 12407/10/2021

Perhaps she has a fiery young lady-in-waiting who flashes a well-groomed ginger minge on demand. That could trigger her impish grin.

by Anonymousreply 12507/10/2021

OMG how many photos of Kate at Wimbledon do we need to see @ R115? It's absurd.

by Anonymousreply 12607/10/2021

If she wants do romp & bop down the cobblestones like a rebel teenage Georgie Girl what can the Palace really do??

by Anonymousreply 12707/11/2021

R117, for more inclusion, here's the Queen handing Althea Gibson, the first black American winner of Wimbledon, her trophy in 1957.

The Queen has only attended Wimbledon four times, two of those times when there was a British player in the final.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12807/11/2021

William's message of support for England in Euro2020.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12907/11/2021

My prediction was correct: Kate will be taking over the title President of Wimbledon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13007/11/2021

Was that really a prediction, r130? It's been blatantly obvious for a long time now.

by Anonymousreply 13107/11/2021

Kate took her father to Wimbledon today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13207/11/2021

Kate and her father got into the spirit of things. LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13307/11/2021

The father always looks very nice.

by Anonymousreply 13407/11/2021

The father looks very doable!

by Anonymousreply 13507/11/2021

Well, it will all make for another last hurrah of the Queen movie that I’m sure Helen Mirren or Imelda Staunton is already salivating over like those ones about Queen Victoria and Mr. Brown and wasn’t there one about her and some southeast Asian?

by Anonymousreply 13607/11/2021

Is anyone expecting return fire 🔥 and overnight shelling ☄️💥from Montecito over Kate’s little PR Parade?

by Anonymousreply 13707/11/2021

What powers can the monarch actually exercise? If she wanted some Gareth Southgate action is she allowed to command him to give her a little sumpn' sumpn'?

by Anonymousreply 13807/11/2021

R135, Any man who owns a chain of party supplies stores has to be fun.

by Anonymousreply 13907/11/2021

There can be a silver lining to losing your loved ones...she lost her high maintenance husband, sister, mother. I'm sure she gets to relax just a little more. I went off blood pressure medication when I lost a similar group.

by Anonymousreply 14007/11/2021

Kate and her father are now attending the Wimbledon men's final.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14107/11/2021

Thanks for the updates, R141.

by Anonymousreply 14207/11/2021

R137, Kate is the next president of the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, aka Wimbledon, she doesn't need to do any "PR" there. What she is doing is joining in with the rest of the crowd and providing the people with some entertainment.

If only that idiot Markle had just kept her focus on what's really important, she or Harry could have had a similar role too - perhaps even Wimbledon.

by Anonymousreply 14307/11/2021

But which royal is in charge of croquet?

by Anonymousreply 14407/11/2021

[quote] yet she survived even though Charles, William, Katherine, her Prime Minister, and who knows who else in her circle developed the virus,

Oh, [italic]dear.[italic]

Her name is spelled "Catherine," and she's yet to have COVID. She has been isolating herself because she's been exposed, but she has not developed it, and is extremely unlikely to do so because she's been vaccinated

by Anonymousreply 14507/11/2021

Who does William has in mind as a role model as a parent, Charles or Michael? It's pretty obvious that he gravitated to his in-law. Is Charles rankled or did he become jealous or petty about it? Or appreciate? How could he when not when it's obviously boosted the view of the future monarchy.

by Anonymousreply 14607/11/2021

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14707/11/2021

Yes, many decades after the Queen gave a black woman a trophy, she took her game even further and allowed blacks to be hired to serve her.

by Anonymousreply 14807/11/2021

No kidding, R148. It is laughable that we're expected to admire how open-minded the Queen is that she actually condescended to present the Wimbledon trophy to Althea Gibson when Gibson won it.

by Anonymousreply 14907/11/2021

Eugenie and Jack have to cancel son August's christening due to Covid scare.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15007/11/2021

It has been announced that Will, Kate AND George will be at the England vs. Italy game today.

by Anonymousreply 15107/11/2021

In recognition of his 52 years of service to the All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC), the 85-year-old Duke of Kent has been presented with a replica of the Gentlemen’s Singles Trophy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15207/11/2021

R148, the Queen didn't personally employ all staff. There were few minorities in the UK until the 60s and most were migrants from Commonwealth countries who were primarily manual labourers.

by Anonymousreply 15307/11/2021

It seems to be quite a Royal Sports Day. The Queen attends the Royal Windsor Cup event.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15407/11/2021

^ STILL grinning from ear to ear. Maybe they've given her some sort of bereavement drug. The crash is going to be AWFUL.

by Anonymousreply 15507/11/2021

I said on DL that their marriage was long over and he was playing house with his mistress which is why he was locked away in their winter palace till COVID forced them to do photo ops in Windsor and put on the show. She didn't even visit his ass in the hospital. I'm glad she wasn't an idiot and knew what was what. This also explains why their children have horrible marriages, their parent's was obviously a mess.

Beyond Phillip, I'm sure the Queen hated spending a year locked up at home. She's had one schedule for nearly 70 years. I'm sure it sucked to have such a massive change so late in the game. Hell yeah she's happy to finish out her duty in person amongst her subjects.

Go Liz!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 15607/11/2021

I think Diana's twin nieces Amelia and Eliza Spencer are naturally prettier than their sister Kitty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15707/12/2021

R157 Well, that’s a very catty remark.

by Anonymousreply 15807/12/2021

R158 - Not at all. I think Kitty has had work done on her face. Her twin sisters look more natural. Their sister a bit of a Plastic Kitty.

by Anonymousreply 15907/12/2021

“Winter palace”, R156? They’re not the Romanovs, FFS.

Philip was living at Wood Farm, in a relatively modest house on the Sandringham estate, following his retirement (at around 95, from memory).

When Covid hit he relocated to Windsor Castle, joining his wife of 70ish years.

Whatever the state of their marriage they seem to have hit on the right formula, and good for them!

by Anonymousreply 16007/12/2021

Little Lizzy, happy at last.

by Anonymousreply 16107/12/2021

He probably made her rim him til the very end.

by Anonymousreply 16207/12/2021

QEII can now proclaim as did her namesake: I will have but one mistress here, and no master.

by Anonymousreply 16307/12/2021

Amazingly funny, R162.

by Anonymousreply 16407/12/2021

It’s not like the they were locked 🔒 in 69s on a daily basis.

by Anonymousreply 16507/14/2021

The*

by Anonymousreply 16607/14/2021

Richard Kay weighs in on the Duke of Edinburgh title spat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16707/14/2021

Mike Tindall had to break up a fight at Wembley.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16807/14/2021

Was this a Markle-Middleton melee? The new Hatfield & McCoys.

by Anonymousreply 16907/14/2021

I miss that thread about how she’ll be dead within a year.

by Anonymousreply 17007/14/2021

I think the Queen is mentally sharp enough that she will confirm Edward as the Dewk of Edinburgh within the next month or two. Watch. Then the Mail can claim she did it to spite Charles Charles is going to be the fucking King. He will have plenty of titles to pass aound to little Pince Louis and the rest. This was his father's wish and creatng the youngest brother as Dewk won't killl him. What a petty spiteful little shit he is.. Good thing Ed and Sophie signed that lease. Charles would pobably attempt to evict them.

by Anonymousreply 17107/14/2021

Isn't Charles in effect the Duke of Edinburgh, r171? This story about how Charles will supposedly deny Edward the title comes with no supporting "sources" and just seems a bit made up.

Edward is hugely involved in the Duke of Edinburgh's award scheme, so it would make sense for him to take the title as well. If Charles seriously doesn't want it to go to Edward, then that is presumably because then it would go to Edward's son and in a generation or so there would be yet another royal Duke who is very much outside of the group of senior royals.

by Anonymousreply 17207/14/2021

R172 - yes, Charles inherited the title from his late father as the eldest son.

by Anonymousreply 17307/14/2021

They can change it so it doesn't automatically go to Edward's son. Hey, Edward's a good shot. Hope Charles doesn't go for a walk in the woods anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 17407/14/2021

Another royal famewhore named Fergie is on the People cover!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17507/14/2021

Titles of nobility are governed by both historical precedent and statute (can't remember which one, and Google wasn't immediately helpful). Even the monarch cannot remove a ducal title once bestowed, unless the current holder is convicted of treason. And even then the process is long-winded and requires an independent enquiry to be set up to make recommendations to the monarch, who then has to formally lay those recommendations before the Privy Council. As eldest son, Charles automatically became The Duke of Edinburgh upon his father's death, and nothing could prevented that short of primary legislation enacted before Prince Philip became an ex-person.

Charles could, in theory, disclaim the title for both himself and his heirs, but that opens up a legal minefield. A minority opinion is that the title would then fall to Andrew as the next eldest (who could then similarly disclaim so that the title fell at last to Edward), but the majority opinion is that the title would fall dormant (but not become extinct) until Charles becomes King.

All titles possessed by the Heir Apparent become extinct upon accession to the Throne, meaning that they can be re-created at the new monarch's pleasure. This is., presumably, what the Queen expects Charles to do. There is no suggestion, other than one unsourced rumour, that he intends to do otherwise; as far as I am aware, Charles is as fond of Edward as he despises Andrew. What he *could* do, in line with his desire to slim down the Royal Family, is to create Edward as Duke of Edinburgh with a life peerage, meaning that his children will not inherit. That way, the title would be extinct again on Edward's death and able to be recreated by William if he so wishes.

No doubt we won't find out what happens until it actually *does* happen. And it isn't really all that important, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 17607/14/2021

I still think Edward will eventually receive the title Duke of Edinburgh and it will revert back to the Crown when he dies. Here is the original statement on the matter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17707/14/2021

I believe William and Harry smoke privately, and formerly Catherine. Bea and Eug probably enjoyed a cigarette with their drinks back in their club days.

On the continent, The Queen of Denmark is a famous chainsmoker with yellow teeth to show for it. The Grimaldi princesses obviously smoke, by the looks of them. Queen Maxima looks like she’d be a smoker, as does her husband King Willem-Alexander. The King of Norway is a former smoker, I don’t think he still does because of his health problems. Queen Annemarie of Greece is probably a smoker like her sister Queen Margrethe.

by Anonymousreply 17807/14/2021

Of course she's happier. Women are almost ALWAYS happier as widows.

Straight men are the ones who can't handle that shit. Hell, many of them can't handle being dumped, having their exes move on, upgrade, being passed over for promotion, turned down for sex, etc without turning to threats or acts of violence.

Liz will probably live to be 115 now that Phil kicked off.

by Anonymousreply 17907/14/2021

Does Liz have an active sex life? Has she ever had a swim in the lady pond?

by Anonymousreply 18007/14/2021

Someone here seems really interested in the Queen's sex life. Why don't you write to Buckingham Palace and ask her yourself? Let us know what kind of reception your letter would receive.

by Anonymousreply 18107/14/2021

She do love them corgis don't she....

by Anonymousreply 18207/14/2021

Would she welcome intruders to the royal bedroom this time?

by Anonymousreply 18307/14/2021

Time to increase the Premarin vaginal cream prescription!

by Anonymousreply 18407/14/2021

What, should she dress in black and mope around like Queen Victoria in her last remaining days?

by Anonymousreply 18507/14/2021

[quote] Time to increase the Premarin vaginal cream prescription!

I pity the poor maids whose job it is to dress her, tend to her private parts, bathe her and apply such creams.

by Anonymousreply 18607/14/2021

She looks younger than Robert Plant.

by Anonymousreply 18707/14/2021

R186, it just occurred to me. From the moment she was born, Elizabeth has never had to dress or bathe by herself. She was always attended. No wonder she has lived so long. For decades she has daily, gone out doors to walk, ride horses and play with her dogs. Her passion is her horses and she enjoys that whole "country woman " vibe. When she's home at the palace she walks miles of hallways evey day in those vast ooms. She never lifts a finger to do anything and the little people think it's wondeful to see he outdoos gilling with the family at Balmoal duing he summe beak. She has egula canstant medical attention, a living example of how abstemious habits, and exercise with regular preventive maintenance can get us all to 100. She is never alone. Mentally sharp, and enjoys the deference and respect of dozens of people daily.

by Anonymousreply 18807/15/2021

R188, she has also had her every move scrutinised since 1936 (at the latest). She has never been able to express an opinion on anything much without it being discussed. She has, at times been regarded by a hysterical press and public as coldly inhuman, especially when she had the temerity to think that seclusion at Balmoral may be better for William and Harry than parading them in front of crowds of hysterics in London who had never even met their mother.

She has to meet some of the most murderous creatures on the planet, and pretend that they are normal people. People defer to her, but that must bring with it a sense of alienation. If people believe you are above them, then you always stick out.

Imagine how it must be to know that hundreds of millions of people across the planet are watching a dramatised version of your life for entertainment. That dramatists enjoy writing about the death of your father, your possibly fraught relationships with your children, your position at the head of an institution with an uncertain future. Imagine getting to the end of your life, and being able to read thousands of reviews of your achievements and failures.

The miracle is that she seems fairly well-adjusted and reconciled to the life she leads, deeply weird as it is. Most people would be sick of it after a few years, let alone nine decades.

by Anonymousreply 18907/15/2021

The other day, there was a woman celebrating her 100th birthday in a park near my apartment. She was in a wheelchair and looked catatonic. I couldn’t help but compare her to Queen Elizabeth who walks herself around and engages in conversation with people.

Of course, I don’t know if QE will make it to 100, or what kind of life the wheelchair granny led.

Anyway, the Queen is looking very chipper, and good for her. She has an important purpose, and that often makes the difference.

by Anonymousreply 19007/15/2021

Was re-watching the Crown last night and there was a scene in season 3, Where the vile Tommy Lascelles tore into very young Margaret. It seems Elizabeth didn't want to be queen, would rather not be famous and so forth, but wanted to just hang out with her dogs and horses. And Margaret said, "I'll do it! I would love to be queen and be at the center of attention." And Elizabeth liked the idea, and agreed Margaret would be better at it than she would. So with Elizabeth's encouragement, Margaret went to ask about it, and Tommy ripped her a new one told her it was her lot in life to always serve and it was Elizabeth's to be queen, Elizabeth would always be center stage and Margaret woud always be in the wings. and any suggestion of anything different was a sacrilege. Elizabeth was esigned fom a young age, and constantly schooled about he duty. But even moe impotant, it was drilled into her head that she was not a celebrity. The monachy is sacred. Anointed by the Archbishop with holy oil, head of the chuch of England. Her Gandmother told her that. So being very religious, or at least faith- based, Elizabeth never looked at her role in any materialistic way.

by Anonymousreply 19107/15/2021

What is holy oil in England?

by Anonymousreply 19207/15/2021

R192, in terms of the Coronation, it is an perfumed substance used by the Archbishop of Canterbury to anoint the new monarch, the oil being made from a secret mixture of sesame and olive oil, containing ambergris, civet, orange flowers, roses, jasmine, cinnamon, musk.

This part of the coronation ceremony is hidden from view, and involves the oil being dispensed from an ampulla from the reign of Charles II (since most of the English royal regalia from before that was destroyed after the Civil War) into a 12 century spoon, and the used to anoint the hands, breast and head of the monarch.

by Anonymousreply 19307/15/2021

R189 has stated her boundaries

by Anonymousreply 19407/15/2021

Just your friendly reminder that The Crown is fiction, r193.

by Anonymousreply 19507/15/2021

I mean, r191.

by Anonymousreply 19607/15/2021

Your “R” key isn’t functioning, R191.

by Anonymousreply 19707/15/2021

R193 Thanks for that very specific and thorough description. I meant more in lieu of there not being a Pope to bless it, what made it holy rather then the actual ingredients.

by Anonymousreply 19807/15/2021

I know. It works most of the time...and then it doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 19907/15/2021

[quote]Imagine how it must be to know that hundreds of millions of people across the planet are watching a dramatised version of your life for entertainment. That dramatists enjoy writing about the death of your father, your possibly fraught relationships with your children

This. The Crown is an absolutely heinous project, because it is not only doing all those things but also confusing fact with fiction in a particulary cynical way - and we all know viewers are seeing it all as fact. Morally it's no better than the Murdoch press, despite all its pretensions.

by Anonymousreply 20007/16/2021

The Queen talked to some young leaders in the Commonwealth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20107/16/2021

Dare we say there may be some ‘Basic Instinct’ peek-a-boos in the near future?

by Anonymousreply 20207/16/2021

R202, that crazy bitch Sharon Stone will have another meltdown if Lizzy has a Basic Instinct peekaboo moment or two. Because you know Lizzy will get far more attention for her "One didn't know one was being filmed down there in one's south coast" and "One happened to accidentally not wear any undergarments when said incident happened" excuses than Sharon has had in the past two decades.

by Anonymousreply 20307/16/2021

Three of the Queen's horses win races on the same day!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20407/17/2021

A peek inside the Palace before the Royals appear on the balcony. Drinking, eating, talking, laughing, hanging around bored...much like most families but in grander surroundings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20507/17/2021

The Queen is seen driving.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206Last Sunday at 8:43 AM

She loves to drive. Loves it. He security, ...not so much.

by Anonymousreply 207Last Sunday at 9:09 AM

R188 add to that: Never for a second having to worry about things like rent/mortgage, bills, savings, etc.

Don't get me wrong, she's doing marvellous — but there are definitely some upsides to the golden cage.

by Anonymousreply 208Last Sunday at 9:24 AM

[quote] add to that: Never for a second having to worry about things like rent/mortgage, bills, savings, etc

Plus access to the best health care, the best food and the best of everything. Yes, she is 95 and yes, she performs her duties admirably, but let's not pretend that she has had a life of extreme physical, financial or mental hardship. She has an enormously privileged existence that she and her family should be grateful for.

by Anonymousreply 209Last Sunday at 9:44 AM

Who’s going commando down the streets of the city, Smiling at everybody she sees?

Everyone knows it gets Windy 🌪

by Anonymousreply 210Last Tuesday at 4:47 AM

Who’s bending down to flash us her rainbow?

by Anonymousreply 211Last Tuesday at 5:12 AM

William chats with an GB Olympic hopeful Lauren Price.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212Last Tuesday at 5:13 AM

^ sorry here's the correct link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213Last Tuesday at 5:14 AM

R212. This thread is about that marvelous Windsor gal- not her dour grandson.

by Anonymousreply 214Last Tuesday at 5:36 AM

R211 Everyone knows it’s Miss Lili

by Anonymousreply 215Last Tuesday at 5:37 AM

He's not at all "dour" in that link, r214. He's giving a female Olympic boxer a birthday cake. What you think is "dour" is dignified and serious, as is apt for his position.

by Anonymousreply 216Last Tuesday at 7:30 AM

I think people will like having a king with William's gravitas. Charles has never really acquired it.

by Anonymousreply 217Last Tuesday at 7:55 AM

It's bonkers trying to imagine being a child and knowing one day you will be head of state. I wanred a push bike but we were too poor,he had to attend trooping the colour..crazy.

by Anonymousreply 218Last Tuesday at 8:09 AM

True r218, but they've been doing it in his family for about a thousand years.

by Anonymousreply 219Last Tuesday at 8:31 AM

William is unrelievedly dull. Seriously. And the older he gets the less attractive he is.

by Anonymousreply 220Last Tuesday at 9:54 AM

R220 - Dull is good thing if you're a royal. We have enough bloody drama with the other two.

by Anonymousreply 221Last Tuesday at 10:42 AM

William has a nice profile and three-quarter face. He's going to look fantastic on the money.

He's sired attractive and healthy children and his marriage is free of drama. He does his duties with a studied seriousness that contrasts well with his wife's warmth. The Cambridges are exactly what the country needs and wants in future monarchs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222Last Tuesday at 10:45 AM

I think William is quite handsome!

by Anonymousreply 223Last Tuesday at 1:46 PM

Don't they say there's a moment of clarity and energy right before one croaks?

by Anonymousreply 224Last Tuesday at 1:50 PM

Yes they fo r224. The Queen Mother’s moment lasted for about ten years.

by Anonymousreply 225Last Tuesday at 2:18 PM

Lilli’s pudd’n brings all the boys to the yard

by Anonymousreply 226Last Wednesday at 5:01 AM

Charles is a lunatic and I expect Andrew is behind the recent "Edward will never be Duke of Edinburgh" propaganda campaign. Andrew and Harry are in cahoots!

by Anonymousreply 227Last Wednesday at 5:04 AM

Hunny, when William becomes king there will hardly be much of the monarchy left. And honestly, both Wills and his father are somewhat relieved that Meghan and Harry are gone. Because if he were here he would not be controlled. He towed the line somewhat because of his grandmother, but his father and older brother don't command that level of respect from him. So protocol and tradition will gradually fall by the wayside.

by Anonymousreply 228Last Wednesday at 5:05 AM

Sure, R228. Keep dreaming.

by Anonymousreply 229Last Wednesday at 5:12 AM

Prince George is 8 years old tomorrow and he's beaming too in his birthday photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230Last Wednesday at 1:24 PM

The Queen had a virtual meeting with Mary Simon, the first Indigenous person to become Governor General of Canada.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231Yesterday at 5:58 AM

Cannabis may be illegal in the UK for the peasants, but not for a Queen. Ole Stuffed Shirt Phil probably did not partake but it looks like she's been enjoying that good ganja without that party pooper having a hissy fit about it.

by Anonymousreply 232a day ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!