Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Prince George goes to the England v Germany Football Match

I'm not sure he's too interested in the football match.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181July 12, 2021 2:22 PM

That photo really conveys how isolating and stifling it is to grow up like that.

by Anonymousreply 1June 29, 2021 4:08 PM

Why does he have to wear a jacket and tie at that age? I think they should be allowed to dress more casually except for the most formal of occasions like a funeral until they're 12.

by Anonymousreply 2June 29, 2021 4:12 PM

[quote]That photo really conveys how isolating and stifling it is to grow up like that.

Yes, because that one picture embodies his entire life experience to date.

by Anonymousreply 3June 29, 2021 4:12 PM

[quote] Are we singing Grandmama’s song again? Can we for once sing another?

by Anonymousreply 4June 29, 2021 4:22 PM

If that's his resting bitch face, he's going to into one sassy little princess.

by Anonymousreply 5June 29, 2021 4:23 PM

[quote]Why does he have to wear a jacket and tie at that age?

Perhaps he requested to dress like his Dad?

by Anonymousreply 6June 29, 2021 4:27 PM

Fun fact - He's not being raised to be a coal miner.

by Anonymousreply 7June 29, 2021 4:31 PM

It's how I looked the one time my father took me to see the NY Giants play football. He got the message.

by Anonymousreply 8June 29, 2021 4:48 PM

Handsome lil fella, with a certain gravitas. He really has the Spencer "gaze."

by Anonymousreply 9June 29, 2021 6:11 PM

He looks like he's a bit of an asshole. Just like daddy!

by Anonymousreply 10June 29, 2021 6:17 PM

He's cute - and he looks bored to death; he probably can't wait until rolling dumpster fire Uncle Haz shows up so he can take off that damn jacket & play video games

by Anonymousreply 11June 29, 2021 6:25 PM

Girrrrlllll....

He's just there to check out the hot guys.

by Anonymousreply 12June 29, 2021 6:33 PM

R10 I suspect he'll pick up his dad's bad temper.

by Anonymousreply 13June 29, 2021 6:33 PM

[quote] I suspect he'll pick up his dad's bad temper.

If you add in the bitch factor, then George will be an absolute nightmare!

by Anonymousreply 14June 29, 2021 6:36 PM

I hope they've started him on Rogaine so he doesn't end up like his bald daddy.

by Anonymousreply 15June 29, 2021 6:39 PM

When he comes out as trans, will the Brits allow them to reign as Queen?

by Anonymousreply 16June 29, 2021 6:40 PM

Did he gurl-wave at the WAG slags again?

by Anonymousreply 17June 29, 2021 6:45 PM

God, I wish Kate would cut her hair. Both she and Meghan look ridiculous with those Rapunzel locks at their age. I made this comment recently on Instagram, and got swarmed by a flock of angry shrieking fraus, informing me age doesn't MATTER and Kate has EVERY RIGHT to wear her hair the way SHE WANTS TO if it makes her feel GOOD!

by Anonymousreply 18June 29, 2021 6:46 PM

What you said was a FRAUTRAGE, R18!!!

by Anonymousreply 19June 29, 2021 6:51 PM

[quote] God, I wish Kate would cut her hair. Both she and Meghan look ridiculous with those Rapunzel locks at their age.

Totally agree, r18. Kate's hair just hangs like a limp banger. She needs a cut . . . or some 80's hot rollers.

by Anonymousreply 20June 29, 2021 6:53 PM

I can't help wondering if the insistence on ever longer hair is a kind of staring contest between Kate and Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 21June 29, 2021 6:55 PM

For whatever it's worth, R18, I agree with you (but I am not so bold to post that in IG). She doesn't have to get a Karen cut, just something shoulder length/cut to the nape of the neck that frames her face

by Anonymousreply 22June 29, 2021 6:55 PM

She had it at one point, R22

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 29, 2021 6:57 PM

Kate looks old and ugly.

Stick THAT in your frau, and smoke it.

by Anonymousreply 24June 29, 2021 6:59 PM

The picture went Saath. Prince George looks like Anthony Andrews as Sebastian Flyte would have looked. He's got that snarly mouth. Now all we gotta do is find him a teddy bear named Aloysius.

by Anonymousreply 25June 29, 2021 7:39 PM

He looks entitled.

by Anonymousreply 26June 29, 2021 7:42 PM

Seems to have enjoyed it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 29, 2021 7:46 PM

I think Kate looks nice but agree she should cut her hair.

George must have been bored to tears! Such a dull match until 75 minutes in. Bad enough to watch as an adult, never mind a kid.

by Anonymousreply 28June 29, 2021 7:55 PM

[quote] He looks entitled.

Well he is presumed to be the eventual heir to the throne of the UK. He is pretty much the picture definition of “entitled”.

by Anonymousreply 29June 29, 2021 7:58 PM

Golly, Meghan's hysterical obese, middle-aged, homophobic black fangirls are triggered!!

by Anonymousreply 30June 29, 2021 8:03 PM

R17 don’t care if you are a Princess—you can say what you like about Kane, but don’t even mention my Jack’s arse, slag!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 29, 2021 8:07 PM

[quote]George must have been bored to tears! Such a dull match until 75 minutes in. Bad enough to watch as an adult, never mind a kid.

Blame Southgate. Maybe George can send him to the Tower.

by Anonymousreply 32June 29, 2021 8:21 PM

Subtle, reserved, defensively-tight footie is working well so far, though, innit?

by Anonymousreply 33June 29, 2021 8:39 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 29, 2021 8:40 PM

George is adorable. I like Wills, but he is not aging well. He looks awful. Pity.

by Anonymousreply 35June 29, 2021 8:43 PM

Well, I'll be damned - that's potato faced Ed Sheeran behind Wills along with Becks & that fey son, not-Brooklyn, that DL was slobbering over

by Anonymousreply 36June 29, 2021 8:44 PM

R26 = things Gens Z/Y say.

George is a cute kid. It was reported he kind of faked his way through "God Save the Queen." Poignant to think that he's clueless now, but God willing one day it will be sung to him.

by Anonymousreply 37June 29, 2021 8:52 PM

R37 - Supposedly, Will and Kate had the "one day, you will be King" chat with George when he was around seven.

Maybe that's why he's so sour looking. Holy shit, my life is mapped out for me and I can't be a footballer when I grow up!

by Anonymousreply 38June 29, 2021 8:59 PM

R36 when the camera first panned to Becks, I honestly thought Sheeran was Paul Scholes for a sec. I was like, “fuckin’ hell, Scholesy’s taking it easy, ain’t he?”

by Anonymousreply 39June 29, 2021 9:05 PM

Harry must be furious - missing Sheeran, Beckham and the footie.

by Anonymousreply 40June 29, 2021 9:12 PM

[quote] my life is mapped out for me and I can't be a footballer when I grow up!

my life is mapped out for me and I can't MARRY a footballer when I grow up!

There, I fixed it for you.

by Anonymousreply 41June 29, 2021 9:20 PM

[quote] Supposedly, Will and Kate had the "one day, you will be King" chat with George when he was around seven.

Wills gave an interview this weekend where he said they have not had that conversation with Georgina yet.

by Anonymousreply 42June 29, 2021 9:21 PM

Lol r1, you're a bit clueless, aren't you. A prime spot in the Wembley stands for the England v. Germany match is where millions of little kiddies would love to be. He's not at all isolated either - he probably even met the victorious England team after the match. His daddy is president of the Football Association, after all.

Just because he was staring around while the entire stadium (aside from the Germans) sang that song to his great-granny again - the song they're going to sing for him one day - doesn't mean his life is stifling or isolated.

by Anonymousreply 43June 29, 2021 9:22 PM

It's the appropriate attire for the VIP stands, r2 - it's similar to the official England suit. Even Beckham was dressed like that.

George was even wearing the official England team tie. William was wearing the official Football Association tie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44June 29, 2021 9:26 PM

"It was reported he kind of faked his way through "God Save the Queen." Poignant to think that he's clueless now, but God willing one day it will be sung to him. "

They're going to sing "God Save the Queen." to George? So, you see that he's a little Gay boy too then

by Anonymousreply 45June 29, 2021 9:28 PM

he looks inbred.

by Anonymousreply 46June 29, 2021 9:29 PM

Sports are what definitively split Brits from Americans. No footie here, no cricket, no rugby - just boring dumb American football, baseball (rounders) and basketball. Harry must be very depressed.

by Anonymousreply 47June 29, 2021 9:31 PM

[quote] Prince George goes to the England v Germany Football Match

Did he cheer for England, or Germany?

by Anonymousreply 48June 29, 2021 9:33 PM

[quote]George is a cute kid. It was reported he kind of faked his way through "God Save the Queen." Poignant to think that he's clueless now, but God willing one day it will be sung to him.

If he was the little gayling DL claimed he is, he'd have an interpretive dance to "God Save the Queen" ready for just such an occasion (see "What Gay Things You Did As a Kid.."thread). DLers stand out, even at an early age

by Anonymousreply 49June 29, 2021 9:43 PM

R47, basketball is great. But American football and baseball = fat guys standing around arguing.

by Anonymousreply 50June 29, 2021 9:46 PM

He starting to look like Diana's brother, poor little guy. I'm sure the press will go into overdrive to tell everyone how handsome he is, so that it's not unbelievable when he marries some girl who is way out of his league.

by Anonymousreply 51June 29, 2021 9:53 PM

I sing "God save me."

by Anonymousreply 52June 29, 2021 9:56 PM

R51 Yes Charles Spencer with a bit of the Duke of Windsor mixed in.

I suppose all you English know this, but I just learned there are two other verses to “God save the Queen” the second being:

O Lord, our God, arise, Scatter thine enemies And make them fall Confound their politics, Frustrate their knavish tricks, On thee our hopes we fix: God save us all.

by Anonymousreply 53June 29, 2021 9:57 PM

I get a Duke of Windsor vibe from him as well.

Not sure that's a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 54June 29, 2021 10:01 PM

Duke of Windsor II is already Harry who married a cheapass American divorcee with ideas above her station.

by Anonymousreply 55June 29, 2021 10:05 PM

George looks like his grandpa, Michael Middleton.

by Anonymousreply 56June 29, 2021 10:13 PM

R53 That's the second verse.

We don't sing it very often.

by Anonymousreply 57June 29, 2021 10:17 PM

Charlotte's the spitting image of the Queen.

by Anonymousreply 58June 29, 2021 10:21 PM

R58 as an indefatigable optimist and a dreamer as well as a staunch feminist, I’m taking that as an omen. We could always have a string of abdications....

And ‘God Save The King’ just sounds silly, doesn’t it? ‘Queen’ has a much better ring. Queen Lottie the First...

by Anonymousreply 59June 29, 2021 10:29 PM

Poor George. He's doomed.

by Anonymousreply 60June 29, 2021 10:31 PM

Why, R60?

by Anonymousreply 61June 29, 2021 10:35 PM

George still looks like Louie Anderson...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62June 29, 2021 10:36 PM

[quote] George still looks like Louie Anderson...

All toddlers look like Louie Anderson.

by Anonymousreply 63June 29, 2021 10:37 PM

^ But George STILL looks like Louie

by Anonymousreply 64June 29, 2021 10:39 PM

R53 I’m British, and I didn’t know the anthem had any other verses. They only taught us the first one at school, probably just so that we could murmur along with it when the football’s on.

by Anonymousreply 65June 29, 2021 10:41 PM

R53, they tried to convince Queen Victoria to drop the second verse, but she said 'But we do want Him to confound their knavish tricks'.

by Anonymousreply 66June 29, 2021 10:45 PM

R25/R44 my Dears! I had to change for the footer.

by Anonymousreply 67June 29, 2021 10:51 PM

R12 then who do we reckon the formative memory that informs Georgie’d future type will be, if the lad does turn out to be gay?

Grealish’s lovely and massive arse & thighs will set the bar quite high. Then there’s Stones’ handsome androgynous face, and Philips’ thick buff pecs and arms, and Sterling’s tight body and Rice’s pretty eyes...

by Anonymousreply 68June 29, 2021 10:59 PM

R50, baseball players aren't fat. They very fit and have very nice asses.

by Anonymousreply 69June 29, 2021 11:01 PM

I always find it so weird that some gay men find it completely acceptable to ascribe a sexuality and sexuality-related characteristics to a young child. So creepy and the fact that he's famous does not excuse it.

by Anonymousreply 70June 29, 2021 11:01 PM

I do not understand the post at R70, and I will not respond to it.

by Anonymousreply 71June 29, 2021 11:03 PM

Solo with his parents, in formal attire, would seem to be a significant appearance for the little king-to-be.

by Anonymousreply 72June 29, 2021 11:05 PM

It must have been reassuring for William to marry into Kate's family which seems to be nice and boring and stable. Whereas Harry marries into Crazytown with the Markles and Doria's mysteriously absent relations.

by Anonymousreply 73June 29, 2021 11:14 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74June 29, 2021 11:22 PM

Ed Sheeran isn't part of the England football VIP crowd, that's why he looked like a complete scruff.

by Anonymousreply 75June 29, 2021 11:25 PM

So silly, R48 - actually, “stupid” is more appropriate.

Of Prince George’s grandparents, all were / are English

Of his great grandparents, one was born a Prince of Greece and Denmark - all the rest are/were English.

Go back to the great great grandparents (mostly born in the nineteenth century) - a couple of Scots, a Dane, the rest were English.

There are a few people from German kingdoms if you go back to another generation in the hierarchy of his ancestors, but you’re talking about people born more than 150 years ago.

And just to head you off, because you seem pretty predictable, the house and family name of the Windsors was Saxe-Coburg-Gotha. Before 1917. The late Prince Philip’s family and house name was “Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glucksburg”. So what? I have the most Irish surname possible but my ancestors left Ireland seven generations ago - I could not look or feel less Irish. Sometimes a name, is just a name.

by Anonymousreply 76June 29, 2021 11:36 PM

@r71, pay no attention to r70, she's just a lonely old frau who thinks she can shame Gay men into some kind of submission... Hahaha! She has no idea that Gay men have no shame

by Anonymousreply 77June 29, 2021 11:38 PM

The slow awestruck smile growing on Beck’s face in the final ten minutes was a sight to behold.

That said....how come we could see his face, at all? Last match, David (vaccinated) and everyone else had masks on, and weren’t sitting cheek by jowl. Now a week later, suddenly we can hug, and congregate maskless by the thousands? Seems like a good bit of theatre...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78June 29, 2021 11:41 PM

Sassy little George is already a DL fave and he hasn't come into his full cuntitude yet.

by Anonymousreply 79June 29, 2021 11:45 PM

@r78, He actually scrubbed up nicely, he's been looking a little "earthy" lately

by Anonymousreply 80June 29, 2021 11:46 PM

[quote] he hasn't come into his full cuntitude yet

I don't measure the depth of cuntitude, R80. I leave that to my sister.

by Anonymousreply 81June 29, 2021 11:49 PM

"Sassy little George is already a DL fave and he hasn't come into his full cuntitude yet. "

Yes, ever since this photo op when little George sashayed his way into our DL hearts, an icon was born

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82June 29, 2021 11:49 PM

William’s face may be busted now, but he sure has kept himself in good shape. I applaud him. I’m the same age and my belly is growing. Sigh.

Poor George has those eye bags that age him. He’d be cute if he looked less tired.

by Anonymousreply 83June 29, 2021 11:51 PM

I fear we may have a screamer on our hands

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84June 29, 2021 11:52 PM

Ugh Becks there desperate to get that knighthood, I really hope William sees through his desperation and never gives him one. One day the British press will be allowed to report on all the bullshit Becks has done.

by Anonymousreply 85June 29, 2021 11:58 PM

^ What could possibly be left that we don't know about?

by Anonymousreply 86June 30, 2021 12:01 AM

A lot of shit apparently, the press have been pressured for years to keep shut over Becks. Very similar to how they were treated with Savile; keep shut or else your careers over.

by Anonymousreply 87June 30, 2021 12:04 AM

[quote] George still looks like Louie Anderson...

THIS Louie Anderson?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88June 30, 2021 12:06 AM

I love George.

My gaydar is not as refined as some posters here, but I am still getting a “vibe” for the king-to-be.

Anyone else (with excellent gaydar), resonating with this?

by Anonymousreply 89June 30, 2021 12:09 AM

R87 ok Cryptic Cathy, if you’re so in the know then tell us; what sort of things more exactly have been hushed up? Can’t drop a vague bombshell like that and refuse to elaborate.

Are we taking tax evasion? Match fixing? Soliciting? Spousal abuse? People trafficking?

by Anonymousreply 90June 30, 2021 12:10 AM

Prince Phillip's mommy, Princess Alice of Battenberg, was a Hun. That makes Phillip half Hun.

All of his kids are part Huns.

And that is why we wonder if in their heart of hearts, they are cheering the Huns on to this day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91June 30, 2021 12:15 AM

What's a Hun?

A Hungarian?

by Anonymousreply 92June 30, 2021 12:15 AM

....guess you haven't read Love in a Cold Climate? Shameful....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93June 30, 2021 12:19 AM

A nickname for a German, R92.

by Anonymousreply 94June 30, 2021 12:20 AM

[quote] Prince Phillip's mommy, Princess Alice of Battenberg, was a Hun. That makes Phillip half Hun.

Well she was born at Windsor Castle.

by Anonymousreply 95June 30, 2021 12:22 AM

I had to look it up for myself.

You're wrong, R94.

According to Wiki:

[quote] The Huns were a nomadic people who lived in Central Asia, the Caucasus, and Eastern Europe between the 4th and 6th century AD. According to European tradition, they were first reported living east of the Volga River, in an area that was part of Scythia at the time; the Huns' arrival is associated with the migration westward of an Iranian people, the Alans.

[quote] By 370 AD, the Huns had arrived on the Volga, and by 430 the Huns had established a vast, if short-lived, dominion in Europe, conquering the Goths and many other Germanic peoples living outside of Roman borders, and causing many others to flee into Roman territory. The Huns, especially under their King Attila, made frequent and devastating raids into the Eastern Roman Empire.

[quote] In 451, the Huns invaded the Western Roman province of Gaul, where they fought a combined army of Romans and Visigoths at the Battle of the Catalaunian Fields, and in 452 they invaded Italy.

[quote] After Attila's death in 453, the Huns ceased to be a major threat to Rome and lost much of their empire following the Battle of Nedao (454?). Descendants of the Huns, or successors with similar names, are recorded by neighbouring populations to the south, east, and west as having occupied parts of Eastern Europe and Central Asia from about the 4th to 6th centuries. Variants of the Hun name are recorded in the Caucasus until the early 8th century.

Sounds like they originated in one of the "-stans."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96June 30, 2021 12:26 AM

R96. Are you an idiot (savant)?

The British aristocracy used the term Hun for their adversaries in WWI, that would be Germans.

If you have read any literature from that period, you would be quite familiar with the use of Hun.

Spend less time on Wiki....

by Anonymousreply 97June 30, 2021 12:29 AM

R96, see R93 and R97.

by Anonymousreply 98June 30, 2021 12:30 AM

"Frogs…are slightly better than Huns or Wops, but abroad is unutterably bloody and foreigners are fiends."

-Nancy Mitford, The Pursuit of Love (1945)

by Anonymousreply 99June 30, 2021 12:31 AM

"Oh Father! Look at all of those sweaty mens! Hooray sweaty mens! Hooray!"

by Anonymousreply 100June 30, 2021 12:58 AM

If George does turn out to be gay, I hope everyone, including all gays, will rally behind him and give him full support. I think that's possible in this day and age, but there still might be those that try to create hell for him.

by Anonymousreply 101June 30, 2021 1:20 AM

Don't let's be beastly to the Germans.

by Anonymousreply 102June 30, 2021 1:59 AM

Prince George will perk up when this happens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103June 30, 2021 2:02 AM

There must be some serious shit on Beck's for him not to have already of been knighted. Given that he's one of the country's most talented retired players & captains, who's gone on to be commercially successful after his football career.

There must be a block on him, like his tax affairs, becoming Sir David.

by Anonymousreply 104June 30, 2021 2:16 AM

[quote] If George does turn out to be gay, I hope everyone, including all gays, will rally behind him and give him full support. I think that's possible in this day and age, but there still might be those that try to create hell for him.

Indeed.

Wills did say (in a discussion with LGTB youth) that he would have no problem with George being gay, but he would have concern that it might make things more complicated and difficult (for George).

If George does make it to the throne (and the monarchy is not abolished before his time):

1) Hopefully things will have changed so much that he would be embraced and

2) it would be fantastic to have a non-traditional monarch

Eager to see how this all plays out...,

by Anonymousreply 105June 30, 2021 2:23 AM

Gen Z barely knows what gender they are, so anything will go with George's generation. What are they, Gen Y? All the boomers, majority gen X, and most of the millennials will be dead by the time George takes the throne.

by Anonymousreply 106June 30, 2021 2:33 AM

I’ll likely be dead when George becomes king, but whether he’s gay or not, I would like to experience it. I’ve only known his great-grandmother on the throne during my lifetime. I’ll likely get to see Charles and William as kings.

by Anonymousreply 107June 30, 2021 2:53 AM

George is Gen Alpha

by Anonymousreply 108June 30, 2021 3:04 AM

George's real ruminations: "Oh, I just can't wait to be King"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109June 30, 2021 5:57 AM

George will not be king.

Charlotte will be a usurper.

She will grab the crown, by hook or by crook.

by Anonymousreply 110June 30, 2021 6:35 AM

You people are hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 111June 30, 2021 6:37 AM

Charlotte is the most Windsor out of the bunch. She's adorable now, but when the Windsor genes kick in and she turns into a horse at 21, you'll be glad George is King.

by Anonymousreply 112June 30, 2021 6:43 AM

@r55. " American divorcee with ideas above her station."

Stay in your lane, know your betters... This is why you Brits are such losers. Never ascribe to anything better and look down your crooked noses at anyone who does. What dull lives you must lead with no ambition to do better then your "station"

by Anonymousreply 113June 30, 2021 9:00 AM

George might be non-binary. The Palace will issue daily updates on his gender and state whether the anthem will be God Save the King or God Save the Queen that day.

by Anonymousreply 114June 30, 2021 9:13 AM

So if George is gay, he gets married to his life partner and they adopt....

by Anonymousreply 115June 30, 2021 9:20 AM

^ They could always change the lyrics to "God Save Them"

by Anonymousreply 116June 30, 2021 9:21 AM

I think a lot of people would sing God Save The Queen if he came out gay.

by Anonymousreply 117June 30, 2021 9:24 AM

"God Save the Them"

by Anonymousreply 118June 30, 2021 9:38 AM

This is the kind of thing that Archie (and Lil'Bet) will miss out on, prime positions of honour at an England football match. Harry has really fucked his children over.

by Anonymousreply 119June 30, 2021 9:46 AM

I suppose in Harry's mind, they'd be as consumed by jealousy of George as he is of William, so he'd rather they not be there.

by Anonymousreply 120June 30, 2021 10:18 AM

It is not even close to a "gay" thing r70, lots of people do it. Many years ago I briefly lost my account on LiveJournal because some lady had avatars of her babies in diapers with captions like "you know you want it" and "come get this" on them, and I'd said they were grotesque. She saw my comment and had a fit. Turns out there was a whole community on there full of moms making sexy avatars of their babies, and they reported anyone who thought it was gross.

by Anonymousreply 121June 30, 2021 11:01 AM

^ Which proves you fraus are nuts

by Anonymousreply 122June 30, 2021 11:15 AM

[quote] serious shit on Beck's for him not to have already of been knighted. Given that he's one of the country's most talented retired players & captains

Erm, sorry, what was that?

by Anonymousreply 123June 30, 2021 11:16 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124June 30, 2021 12:22 PM

The Cambridges on their way home from the game.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125June 30, 2021 1:04 PM

I've always thought that George has "dead eyes". There's something strange about them. Maybe it's the color. Here is a photo when he's more animated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126June 30, 2021 1:08 PM

Uh oh, he's getting the family Jowls.

by Anonymousreply 127June 30, 2021 1:30 PM

R126 his life force was drained and replaced, same as Williams'. He has turned into a cold, ruthless, future serial killer, just like his father.

by Anonymousreply 128June 30, 2021 1:31 PM

[quote] This is the kind of thing that Archie (and Lil'Bet) will miss out on, prime positions of honour at an England football match. Harry has really fucked his children over.

Harry did no such thing.

Charles never had any intention of giving Harry's children any "positions of honour." Ever.

Charles wants to slim down the monarchy, and any honours will only go to those who are directly in line to the throne. William and his family.

Harry knew this, which is why he got the fuck out of there.

I would have done the same.

by Anonymousreply 129June 30, 2021 2:03 PM

[quote]And that is why we wonder if in their heart of hearts, they are cheering the Huns on to this day.

Philip is now dead and buried, so it's time to let that dull outdated meme die too.

George is only 1/8 Philip's DNA. The rest of him is almost entire British.

by Anonymousreply 130June 30, 2021 2:11 PM

Andy Murray and Lewis Hamilton got knighthoods so I don't see whey Beckham hasn't.

by Anonymousreply 131June 30, 2021 2:23 PM

What a knob you are, r129. I was talking about getting to go England matches in literal positions of honour - seating positions. That's nothing to do with titles or "honours" in the British honours system. Which you know fuck all about, anyway.

William and his family are in those seats because William is president of the Football Association. Harry had a similar relationship with rugby and was a patron of the Rugby Football Union. Archie could have sat in prime position in the stands at rugby union matches. Or England football matches. Or Wimbledon.

Americans really need to stop talking about things they know nothing about and assuming they're knowledgeable by talking about titles or "slimming down". The role of the royal family in the UK is so much broader and Archie and Lil'Bet would have had access to so many wonderful and unique things, which they will never experience now.

by Anonymousreply 132June 30, 2021 2:39 PM

Because, r131, Andy Murray won grand slams, including Wimbledon, and Olympic golds and Lewis Hamilton is a 7-times Formula One champion. What did David Beckham win?

by Anonymousreply 133June 30, 2021 2:46 PM

R132 - Charles did want to slim down the Royal family - largely to get rid of Andrew - but Harry and his future wife were supposed to be part of the slimmed-down monarchy. Then Harry married The Starlet who wanted to be Angelina Jolie and Audrey Hepburn.

And Harry has to be infuriated all his links to British sports have been cut off. He'll have to pretend to like basketball now.

by Anonymousreply 134June 30, 2021 2:53 PM

[quote] So if George is gay, he gets married to his life partner and they adopt....

Wouldn't the crown go to Charlotte upon George's death if he left no natural heirs?

I really feel like Charlotte is going to be Queen someday.

by Anonymousreply 135June 30, 2021 2:54 PM

R134 I am merely an American observer, but that match yesterday looked like a very big deal for England. How could it not give Harry a pang. I wonder how Meghan handles any pangs he might experience. Surely she must on occasion see him with his brow furrowed, lost in thought. What do you do then, remind him of surfing and sunny weather and Hollywood parties?

by Anonymousreply 136June 30, 2021 2:59 PM

R135 for some reason I think Charlotte will be Queen too. Don't wish anything bad to happen to a little tyke, but since I saw those pics of her looking like The Queen, I've thought she will be queen herself.

Adopted children - like children born to surrogates (hello, Lilibet) can't be in the line of succession. Adopted children can't even inherit noble titles - see Baroness Jamie Lee Curtis.

The King of Morocco is gay. He finally married a woman and fathered a couple of heirs.

by Anonymousreply 137June 30, 2021 3:01 PM

" What do you do then, remind him of surfing and sunny weather and Hollywood parties? "

Well... Yeah, works for me :)

There's an old saying that you fraus should be well aware of, "Happy wife, happy life" If Meghan is happy, Harry is happy

by Anonymousreply 138June 30, 2021 3:32 PM

R138 That saying is true. Unfortunately for Harry.

by Anonymousreply 139June 30, 2021 4:02 PM

I think George looks a lot like the Queen's father.

by Anonymousreply 140June 30, 2021 4:16 PM

[quote] If Meghan is happy, Harry is happy.

He is so emasculated.

They are such a joke.

by Anonymousreply 141June 30, 2021 4:38 PM

When has Meghan ever been happy? She's a domineering, narcissistic little bitch and never happy. In retrospect, her father and sister's complaints about her turned out to be more than sour grapes.

by Anonymousreply 142June 30, 2021 4:40 PM

I really like Wills and Kate's kids. They're adorable, and W&K seem like good parents. I also like Harry and Meghan. I wish there weren't this unwritten expectation that one can only like either the Cambridges OR the Sussexes - not both.

by Anonymousreply 143June 30, 2021 5:42 PM

[quote] He is so emasculated.

Yeah, it's better that the man is in charge.

William, for example.

He gets to cheat on his wife with her best friend, while she stays home to take care of her brood of brats.

Bwahahahahaha!!!!!

And you say Meghan is the stupid one?

by Anonymousreply 144June 30, 2021 6:31 PM

No proof William cheated.

by Anonymousreply 145June 30, 2021 6:34 PM

Fuck off, Klan Granny @ R145.

YOU have no proof that he DIDN'T cheat.

But the British Tabloids seem to know. You stupid racist CUNT!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146June 30, 2021 6:36 PM

You can't prove a negative. You are unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 147June 30, 2021 6:39 PM

[quote] You can't prove a negative. You are unhinged.

Google "Prince William and Rose Hanbury affair," you stupid KLAN CUNT at R147.

I'm not the one reporting it. The British tabloids were!

by Anonymousreply 148June 30, 2021 6:44 PM

"When has Meghan ever been happy? She's a domineering, narcissistic little bitch and never happy."

Living rent free in your head makes me deliriously happy, oh and living in a California mansion with Harry and the kids

by Anonymousreply 149June 30, 2021 7:02 PM

Marie Claire Australia isn't a British tabloid, loon at r146. And William didn't cheat, that's Megstan bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 150June 30, 2021 7:26 PM

At least Kate wasn't seen sniffing about Harvey W.

by Anonymousreply 151June 30, 2021 8:09 PM

I have Crazy blocked but judging by the number of hidden posts on these threads there’s obviously some kind of psychotic episode underway.

by Anonymousreply 152June 30, 2021 9:03 PM

The problem with a slimed down monarchy is that if you slim down the number of royals then they commensurately have to work harder, as there are so many charities with royal patronages, so many army regiments needing a Colonel in chief, so many international football/rugby/cricket/Wimbledon/Ascot sporting events that need a royal there to represent the UK/Scotland/Wales/N Ireland.

Otherwise William is gonna be worked off his ass if he's got Ascot to go to on a Friday, an England match in the evening, then Trooping the Colour on Saturday!

The kids will be in the services, or Charlotte will be at Uni, so lazy Cambridges are gonna have to get busy.

by Anonymousreply 153June 30, 2021 9:25 PM

[quote] I sing "God save me."

It won’t help.

by Anonymousreply 154June 30, 2021 9:31 PM

One might cut back on the number of Royal patronages.

by Anonymousreply 155June 30, 2021 9:46 PM

Royal patronages are another American obsession.

by Anonymousreply 156July 1, 2021 4:27 AM

Whether it's just his face or his spirit, Prince George has looked like he has had the weight of the world on his shoulders since birth. You really do see a special bond with he and Will. George always seems to be clinging to his dad. That definitely did not seem like Charles and Wills.

by Anonymousreply 157July 1, 2021 5:56 AM

Gotta love the pop psychology on here.

by Anonymousreply 158July 1, 2021 7:25 AM

The fittest and prettiest and most successful England NT for decades—playing in close-up on your HD screens, sporting rainbow armbands and laces for the world to see and our benefit, breaking the binding spell of fifty years—and all anyone can talk about is a posh little infant princeling standing around apathetically while Mum & Dad finish work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159July 1, 2021 8:48 AM

They were playing for Queen and country, r159.

by Anonymousreply 160July 1, 2021 8:55 AM

They were playing for Queen and country, r159.

by Anonymousreply 161July 1, 2021 8:55 AM

There are 46 British Army regiments that will need Royal Colonels in Chief.

They can't possibly divi that up between just Charles, Cam, Wills, Kate, George, Charlotte & Louis.

by Anonymousreply 162July 1, 2021 1:27 PM

It's amazing to me how everyone is missing the strong resemblance between Prince George and his lamented forbear, Edward VII/Duke of Windsor in the latter's childhood and early youth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163July 1, 2021 2:01 PM

^*forebear (not forbear)

by Anonymousreply 164July 1, 2021 2:02 PM

R163 - they don't look alike at all. George resembles Michael Middleton and a bit of William when he was younger. He even has the thick skin under his eyes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165July 1, 2021 2:05 PM

Grandpa Mike in his younger days with Kate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166July 1, 2021 2:06 PM

George is 50% Middleton - 50% Spencer.

by Anonymousreply 167July 1, 2021 2:08 PM

R162, currently the British and Commonwealth army regiments seem to be divvied up between the Queen (the majority), Charles, Edward, Camilla, Anne and (very few) with Andrew and some with the Queen's cousins. There are even a couple of foreign Royal colonels in chief: King Abdullah II of Jordan with the Light Dragoons and Margrethe II of Denmark with the Princess of Wales's Royal Regiment.

There really isn't this endless list of official royal patronages that will all collapse if Harry isn't involved. And if there were then that's all the more reason to slim down the areas in which the royal family is active, so as to make it more functional and less bloated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168July 1, 2021 2:11 PM

That thick skin under the eyes can be seen in photos of Edward VII and Victoria, probably the Georges. It's a Hanover trait.

by Anonymousreply 169July 1, 2021 3:29 PM

Maybe they can give the York sisters something to do after all. They are such camp favorites!

by Anonymousreply 170July 1, 2021 3:32 PM

Don't think Beatrice cares, but Eugenie's furious Charles cut her out of the goodies.

by Anonymousreply 171July 1, 2021 5:57 PM

Eugenie wasn't cut out of anything. I don't think she cares about being Colonel-in-chief of a regiment and she can still work with whichever charities and organisations she likes.

by Anonymousreply 172July 1, 2021 9:14 PM

I would imagine she would be great as Colonel in Chief of the Royal Army Medical Corps & Patron of the Scoliosis Society.

by Anonymousreply 173July 1, 2021 9:27 PM

Plus there's all the other Commonwealth realm forces to Colonel in chief of like Princess Pat's in Canada and the Royal New Zealand Dental Corps and other such important regiments.

by Anonymousreply 174July 1, 2021 9:30 PM

Mike Middleton is a hot man who has aged well. He was a hot in R165 photo w/ a young Kate and he is hot today.

by Anonymousreply 175July 2, 2021 5:15 AM

Poor George looks like he'd rather be at the opera or the ballet than watching football.

by Anonymousreply 176July 2, 2021 4:16 PM

Our George was at today's match as well. You just know he was assessing the crowd's wardrobe and Tom Cruise's new surgery throughout his time there.

by Anonymousreply 177July 12, 2021 2:15 AM

[quote] Our George was at today's match as well. You just know he was assessing the crowd's wardrobe and Tom Cruise's new surgery throughout his time there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178July 12, 2021 2:16 AM

Sorry England on your loss yesterday! Too bad DL favorite Charlotte wasn't at the match

by Anonymousreply 179July 12, 2021 8:50 AM

Poor Georgeous. His first big footie match, and they bottle it right in front of him. He’s going to be turned right off the beautiful game, probably become a rugger nut like his uncle Haz, now :(

by Anonymousreply 180July 12, 2021 9:41 AM

I saw Prince George was trending on twitter yesterday. All the trending was pushed by Markle's demented troll farm, attacking the little kid. These people truly are lunatics.

by Anonymousreply 181July 12, 2021 2:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!