Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Young and the Restless

Has it always been unwatchable?

by Anonymousreply 31October 8, 2022 8:36 AM

Their wonce was a times whenn the greatist actorress in television history was on it. [heart emoji] [high heel emoji]

by Anonymousreply 1June 25, 2021 9:05 PM

It was always boring. I stopped watching after the first episode. The Bell soaps had a dumb habit of drawing out storyline so long that by the time the climax came i.e. baby daddy reveal or the usual cliched soapy trope the audience no longer cared. IOW, pretty much like all soaps. This kind of "storytelling was just barely OK in the 50's but in by the 80's onward viewers were leaving in droves. Y&R and B&B garbage.

by Anonymousreply 2June 25, 2021 10:05 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 3June 26, 2021 7:37 PM

They gave David Hasselhoff his big break before he went on to star in a show with a talking car who was smarter than he was.

by Anonymousreply 4June 26, 2021 9:24 PM

Josh Griffith is the best writer, ever.

by Anonymousreply 5June 28, 2021 8:51 AM

Robert Newman is taking over the role of Ashland. They should hire Zimmer to play his ex wife Tara.

by Anonymousreply 6January 12, 2022 1:51 PM

Yeah, because Zimmer weighs about 100 lbs more than the actress who played Tara. Robert Newman can open the door and fat Kim is standing there. He could say- what the HELL happened to you. You’re a 100 lbs heavier than when I last saw you last year.

by Anonymousreply 7January 12, 2022 2:49 PM

More like 200 lbs heavier (and 50 years older). But I’d love it if it happened - JaBottoms reaction to her would be priceless.

by Anonymousreply 8January 12, 2022 4:08 PM

Kimmer loves her drinks and mac & cheese! Yes, smart ones. Get Kim on Y&R because Robert Newman is there. That’ll work. The ratings will be fatter than Kim’s stomach. And put Kim in a scene with Beth Maitland! Who would be fatter?

by Anonymousreply 9January 12, 2022 7:54 PM

Burgi was fired because he violated the show's COVID protocol.

by Anonymousreply 10January 12, 2022 9:05 PM

Is Miss Chrissy LeBlanc a homosexual?

by Anonymousreply 11January 12, 2022 9:25 PM

Young and the Restless Star Claims He Was Fired for 'Inadvertently' Violating Covid Policy

Richard Burgi is out at "Young and the Restless" after -- at least according to him -- accidentally violating CBS' Covid-19 safety protocols.

The actor, best known for his work on "Desperate Housewives" before he was cast on the soap to play new character Ashland Locke in March 2021, opened up about why he was canned from the show on Tuesday night after first revealing his exit over the weekend.

"My wife had said something about it being the show's choice, which is true. But the reality is I naively and inadvertently violated the show's Covid policy," he began in an Instagram Story video.

He explained that he tested positive for Covid around Christmas, after traveling to the East Coast to be with his family. He said he followed the most recent CDC guidelines by isolating for five days, before coming back and testing negative twice at the studio before showing up to work.

"But it was not within the show's guidelines, which is a 10-day protocol. So I inadvertently violated the show's Covid rules and protocols," he added. "I felt terrible about it. I still do. It bothers me mightily but it is what it is. I respect whatever the show's decision is. They're doing the best they can, as we all are."

According to Soap Opera Digest, Robert Newman has already been tapped to play Ashland Locke going forward and his episodes will begin airing next month.

"I truly wish the gentleman who's coming in to play Ashland a wonderful time, he's going to be working with the most incredible actress and a great, great cast," Burgi said of his replacement. "It's an amazing show, I have nothing but good memories and good wishes for it."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 12, 2022 11:13 PM

Burgi must be an asshole and they were just looking for a reason to get rid of him. He seems like he’d be an asshole. Something doesn't add up.

by Anonymousreply 13January 13, 2022 12:08 AM

Robert Newman will be great!

by Anonymousreply 14January 13, 2022 2:22 AM

Kim Zimmer - IN as Tara!!!!

by Anonymousreply 15January 13, 2022 4:57 AM

Is Ashland going to turn out to be Sharon’s father?

by Anonymousreply 16May 31, 2022 7:13 AM

.... .....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 1, 2022 2:29 AM

I am hoping that Mariah and Tessa stay on their honeymoon. I am not missing them at all. It's nice to see that Y&R brought back the Genoa City Athletic Club hotel room. I like the GCAC hotel room much better than the Grand Phoenix one-room set.

by Anonymousreply 18June 1, 2022 3:05 AM

Something seems a little off with the new Summer. Sometimes she looks disheveled. Perhaps it's a hair issue. I also noticed that when she delivers her lines, she has no expression on her face at times.

by Anonymousreply 19June 6, 2022 12:31 AM

I thought the idea of bringing Diane back from the dead was stupid but I can't lie - I love how Susan Walters plays her. You have to give Walters credit. She has chemistry with every actor she's paired with, and Diane reinvigorates a lot of stories. I love how Diane pisses of Phyllis and brings out the worst in the Stafford. Diane makes Phyllis so insecure, which is what I love to see.

I miss Gina playing Phyllis, but it seems Gina's time away from the show has turned her into a bit of a Jesus freak.

by Anonymousreply 20June 6, 2022 12:42 AM

I like the addition of Diane. I enjoyed Friday's episode when Diane, Traci, and Allie were at Crimson Lights. Diane and Traci together were funny. Diane is so phony, but I liked when she gave Traci the side-eye when Traci mentioned Allie taking a tour of the Jabot labs.

by Anonymousreply 21June 6, 2022 1:52 AM

Robert Newman discusses his Y&R departure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 10, 2022 11:32 PM

Dumb Dylan has all the inside info!

by Anonymousreply 23August 11, 2022 11:00 AM

Jill suggests taking Chancellor-Winters public. Devon has major reservations, yet two days later he is totally on board with Lily's wish to take the company public. Noah's new club looks so small and cramped. What's the point? They're going to have a club set that can only accommodate about seven people at a time? The GCAC rooftop is so much nicer--and so is their hotel rooms.

by Anonymousreply 24September 25, 2022 12:53 AM

The actress who plays Amanda has left the show. It was the actress decision to leave.

by Anonymousreply 25October 8, 2022 4:39 AM

The show is unwatchable. It used to be must-see TV back in the '80s and '90s.

And they de-Sorased Tucker.

by Anonymousreply 26October 8, 2022 4:43 AM

They don’t call it “restless” for nothing, toots.

by Anonymousreply 27October 8, 2022 4:50 AM

Is there a return date set for Kay Heberle?

by Anonymousreply 28October 8, 2022 4:59 AM

It’s strange to call a long running show The Young and the Restless when the cast will be constantly aging, isn’t it? The long term contract players must not be that young any more.

by Anonymousreply 29October 8, 2022 5:08 AM

R1 It is Ms Brenda Dickson you obsessive compulsive freak. You come across as a silly little needy bottom with your act. Go fuck off Cuntbreath.

by Anonymousreply 30October 8, 2022 5:53 AM

BrenDad

by Anonymousreply 31October 8, 2022 8:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!