Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What is your opinion of NYU?

More specifically, how do you view the school as a whole, students, faculty, business school, and hot sex potential?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 26, 2021 12:38 AM

Excellent, but be prepared to spend 250,000-300,000 for 4 years.

by Anonymousreply 1June 25, 2021 3:11 PM

WTF R1?!?!

by Anonymousreply 2June 25, 2021 3:40 PM

I went for grad school. Not an academic school. Totally depends what part of the school you are in. I don’t think it’s ideal for undergrad. Too many 18 year olds go expecting to live the NYC fantasy life. But being poor, cramped, underage and trying to focus on learning in the Village is not fun. I think college should be about education ina college community. Time enough to get to NYC at 22. It’s hard enough even then with a full time job,

by Anonymousreply 3June 25, 2021 3:44 PM

It is expensive and at least historically was really bad about giving financial aid. A lot of rich kids who want to live in New York.

by Anonymousreply 4June 25, 2021 3:44 PM

Affluent kids, increasingly from outside the US, who want to be in NYC as much as they want to be at NYU. I think the quality of the undergraduate students has deteriorated as the university has gotten so expensive which means that only wealthy kids can afford to go there. It’s literally one of the most expensive schools in the country.

Many of the grad schools are excellent.

by Anonymousreply 5June 25, 2021 4:05 PM

For grad school, it’s very good to excellent. For undergrad, it’s a extremely expensive pay-to-play diploma mill, except film and Tisch.

by Anonymousreply 6June 25, 2021 4:49 PM

Now You Understand

by Anonymousreply 7June 25, 2021 4:52 PM

I did my graduate school there between 2007-2010 but i also worked full time. I also got scholarship, so for me it wasn't as financially straining as for some others. My school offered a lot of tuition scholarships. My class had almost 50% on them. But living costs are still super high in NYC.

Still It was probably some of the best years of my life. I remain friends with all my friends from school despite now all of us being apart all over the world.

My school also had exceptional career office. I had 3 job offers by the time I graduated and I was already full-time employed. Essentially you pay for that, in graduate school, more than for academics.

by Anonymousreply 8June 25, 2021 4:57 PM

EXCELLENT. I graduated last year from Medical. It is the best.

by Anonymousreply 9June 25, 2021 4:57 PM

No one has talked about the sex yet. I guess the student body are a bunch of pilgrims.

by Anonymousreply 10June 25, 2021 8:43 PM

I went for undergrad and it was a mistake. I would have gotten a much better education in a more boring place and been able to move to New York at 21 rather than 17. Would have had less debt too.

by Anonymousreply 11June 25, 2021 8:45 PM

If I may be so bold R11, what did you major in?

by Anonymousreply 12June 25, 2021 8:46 PM

Basically USC East—exorbitantly expensive with inexplicably selective admissions.

by Anonymousreply 13June 25, 2021 8:48 PM

Graduated in 1990 with a worthless double-major degree in dramaturgy and print journalism, and a minor in psychology. It was OK. I do think it is ridiculously overpriced, and mainly a diploma mill for upper class kids who couldn't get into the Ivies.

There is no campus life and certainly no Greek life (although I did rush a fraternity, but bailed at the last minute). I had my own apartment so I have no idea what the sex life was like at the dorms or the frats, but I can say it seemed non-existent to me. IIRC, the fifth floor of the library was a cruise site but seriously, who the hell bothers when all of NYC is glorious orgy? I think all of my hookups were from bars, supermarkets, or just walking around the Village.

by Anonymousreply 14June 25, 2021 8:59 PM

Please, USC is three times the academic institution as NYU. And has a much better looking student body.

by Anonymousreply 15June 25, 2021 9:01 PM

That clearly struck a nerve with the University of Spoiled Children alum at r15.

by Anonymousreply 16June 25, 2021 9:13 PM

I went as an undergraduate. Had a great time and was a B student.

by Anonymousreply 17June 25, 2021 10:33 PM

TSOA and yeah, I had a lot of sex.

by Anonymousreply 18June 25, 2021 10:35 PM

I attended both schools,R16. At NYU I learned a lot of theory. At USC, I learned from professionals who were actually working in the field, rather than from professional academics.

by Anonymousreply 19June 26, 2021 12:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!