Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Attention everyone, Just because you are vaccinated, it does not mean you are posing Zero threat from Covid (Part 2)

Let's look at Israel, which had 85% vaccinated with the GOOD vaccine:

""We are seeing a doubling every few days," Mr. Ash told public radio. "Another thing that's worrying is that the infections are spreading."

The requirement to wear masks had been the last remaining restriction after all other measures, imposed during lockdown earlier this year, had been gradually dropped.

Amid fears of a resurgence of the disease, the town of Binyamina in the north which registered the highest rate of cases in the country was designated a "red zone" on Wednesday - the first to be listed as such for months."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 537January 22, 2022 3:02 PM

No more masks! I wont wear a mask anymore, the vaccines work! Get vaxxed! And STFU!

by Anonymousreply 1June 25, 2021 3:33 PM

I mean Israel was vaxxed, but then it still broke through

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 25, 2021 3:37 PM

Ahem.|

[quote]It implemented the fastest vaccination programme, under which well over half the population of 9.3m has been partially or fully immunised.

Still leaving MILLIONS unvacinated or with just one versus two shots.

Someone needs to find a tin purse and shoes to match your hat.

by Anonymousreply 3June 25, 2021 3:39 PM

[quote] And STFU!

But if we did that we would be able to discu—

Oh.

by Anonymousreply 4June 25, 2021 3:39 PM

Que sera, sera

by Anonymousreply 5June 25, 2021 3:40 PM

[quote]No more masks! I wont wear a mask anymore,

You must be one of those people that give store workers a bad time.

by Anonymousreply 6June 25, 2021 3:41 PM

[quote]No more masks! I wont wear a mask anymore, the vaccines work! Get vaxxed! And STFU!

It's only a matter of time before a mutation thwarts the vaccines, for which there is already evidence. Stupid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 7June 25, 2021 3:45 PM

There’s already evidence of a mutation that’s thwarted the vaccines?

by Anonymousreply 8June 25, 2021 3:47 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 25, 2021 3:48 PM

Don't be obtuse, R8.

by Anonymousreply 10June 25, 2021 3:48 PM

You MSNBC addicts are spinning this as you desire.

Some unlucky vaccinated will test positive - no one claimed a 100% immunity. Israel is freaking out over this. If anything, this will achieve herd immunity among the vaccine resistent without particularly straining health care facilities.

by Anonymousreply 11June 25, 2021 3:53 PM

In other words, there’s no evidence, r10.

by Anonymousreply 12June 25, 2021 3:53 PM

Exactly, r11. A positive test means little.

If they had said the hospitals are being overrun with patients who were vaccinated, or that over half the death toll were people who were vaccinated, we’d have something to talk about.

by Anonymousreply 13June 25, 2021 3:55 PM

Vaccines were meant to prevent people from dying if they caught Covid, not make people immune to the virus.

by Anonymousreply 14June 25, 2021 3:56 PM

Calm down

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 25, 2021 3:58 PM

[quote] [R3] Anti-mask trolls must really hate America: "Nearly a third of the new cases recorded in the past week have been found in vaccinated people, with many of the new infections being the delta variant."

Wow, so FORTY (40) people, out of the 5.2 MILLION fully vaccinated people in Israel, experienced Delta breakthrough infections.

FORTY PEOPLE.

40. Not 40 thousand. Or 40 hundred. Or 4 hundred.

Out of the 5.2 MILLION fully vaccinated people, *forty* of them came down with Delta COVID.

Thank you for the link, R9. Very illuminating clickbait about this utter NON-issue.

by Anonymousreply 16June 25, 2021 4:04 PM

Yesterday local news was reporting that we're seeing a spike in cases from the new variant and several breakthrough cases of people who were vaccinated, one of whom is in the ICU. I've been lax about wearing masks for a couple of weeks and even went shopping to multiple stores the other day, but I'm going back to only necessary trips and masks in stores again.

by Anonymousreply 17June 25, 2021 4:06 PM

How can it be herd immunity if it is still there in the herd and doubling everyday? Also, even if you have a mild case, you are still at risk for long term Covid effects like brain fog and heart inflammation.

" As many of half of those new COVID-19 cases were among vaccinated people, Chezy Levy, the director-general of Israel's health ministry, said earlier this week.

However, the infections among vaccinated people were mostly mild. Vaccinations have been found to protect people against severe forms of COVID-19."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 25, 2021 4:07 PM

[quote]Wow, so FORTY (40) people, out of the 5.2 MILLION fully vaccinated people in Israel, experienced Delta breakthrough infections.

Israel is experiencing 100+ infections a day, so it's more than 40 people ... though, still small, in the scheme of things.

However, we still don't know if or what percentage of vaccinated people who become infected will experience long-term issues, as asymptomatic and mild cases in the unvaccinated can.

by Anonymousreply 19June 25, 2021 4:08 PM

Some of you need to get a breakthrough infection and die from it. Just put yourselves out of your misery and spare us this alarmist bullshit. Truly.

by Anonymousreply 20June 25, 2021 4:08 PM

Anyone who thinks the pandemic is even close to being over is a complete fucking moron. Probably the same people who, in March 2020, thought the virus would magically not spread.

by Anonymousreply 21June 25, 2021 4:09 PM

Panic merchants rejoice!

by Anonymousreply 22June 25, 2021 4:11 PM

Epsilon.

by Anonymousreply 23June 25, 2021 4:11 PM

Nearly all COVID deaths in US are now among unvaccinated.

Goodbye deplorables, Magats and anti-vaxers

by Anonymousreply 24June 25, 2021 4:19 PM

^^^ and paranoid black people

by Anonymousreply 25June 25, 2021 4:23 PM

[quote] Anyone who thinks the pandemic is even close to being over is a complete fucking moron.

Yasss kween

by Anonymousreply 26June 25, 2021 4:24 PM

For now, r15.

For now.

by Anonymousreply 27June 25, 2021 4:27 PM

[quote]^^^ and paranoid black people

rACisT! 🥴

by Anonymousreply 28June 25, 2021 4:43 PM

[quote]Yasss kwee

Yaaas kween is right, kween!

by Anonymousreply 29June 25, 2021 4:43 PM

The CDC says about 600 fully vaccinated Americans have died of Covid-19. At least 750 have died with Covid, but 142 of them were asymptomatic or unrelated to the virus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 25, 2021 4:44 PM

[quote] Israel is experiencing 100+ infections a day, so it's more than 40 people

Of vaccinated people?

by Anonymousreply 31June 25, 2021 5:18 PM

[quote] The CDC says about 600 fully vaccinated Americans have died of Covid-19. At least 750 have died with Covid, but 142 of them were asymptomatic or unrelated to the virus.

Uh, something is wrong here. How can 600 die yet [bold]750[/bold] have died of COVID?

by Anonymousreply 32June 25, 2021 5:19 PM

750 have died [italic]with[/italic] Covid, 600 have died [italic]of[/italic] Covid.

by Anonymousreply 33June 25, 2021 5:44 PM

[quote]Israel is experiencing 100+ infections a day, so it's more than 40 people

[quote]Of vaccinated people?

100+ infections a day, 50% of them in vaccinated people.

by Anonymousreply 34June 25, 2021 5:46 PM

The guy screaming about "only 40 people" was apparently taking the figures for one day (which was 83 a day ago, per Reuters) and halving it, since Israel says up to 50% of new infections are in vaccinated people.

Today it's already up to an average of 124 new infections per day, meaning it could be as many as 62 vaccinated people per day have it. That's those who have it and were symptomatic enough to be tested, probably, so the number is likely much larger.

The "only 40 people" thing was completely wrong. Probably on purpose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35June 25, 2021 5:51 PM

The World Health Organization on Friday urged fully vaccinated people to continue to wear masks, social distance and practice other Covid-19 pandemic safety measures as the highly contagious delta variant spreads rapidly across the globe.

“People cannot feel safe just because they had the two doses. They still need to protect themselves,” Dr. Mariangela Simao, WHO assistant-director general for access to medicines and health products, said during a press briefing from the agency’s Geneva headquarters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 25, 2021 6:36 PM

If you keep telling people that vaccinations don't make a difference, then more and more people will say, "Fuck it. What's the point of getting this vaccine?"

by Anonymousreply 37June 25, 2021 6:42 PM

R37 I am not telling you a vaccine doesn't make a difference, I am telling you that you need to keep that mask on, jabbed or not.

by Anonymousreply 38June 25, 2021 9:42 PM

Suck my asshole, R38.

by Anonymousreply 39June 25, 2021 11:00 PM

[quite]Just because you are vaccinated, it does not mean you are posing Zero threat from Covid

Yes, yes, continue to pin the blame on those who *have* been vaccinated, for weeks, for months, for years, for decades maybe. Everything is the fault of those who have done right, not those who's chose and chose again not to do.

by Anonymousreply 40June 25, 2021 11:18 PM

R40 I am not blaming you all, I am telling you getting the vaccine is not a permission to ditch the mask and social distancing.

by Anonymousreply 41June 25, 2021 11:21 PM

R40 you do realize there's people that can't be vaccinated -- including ALL children under 12? Don't be such an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 42June 25, 2021 11:26 PM

[quote] [R40] I am not blaming you all, I am telling you getting the vaccine is not a permission to ditch the mask and social distancing.

Yes it is, in the U.S. According to the CDC and our President.

[quote] [R40] you do realize there's people that can't be vaccinated -- including ALL children under 12? Don't be such an asshole.

Vaccinated people do not pose a threat to unvaccinated people. How many times do you need to hear this before it sinks in? Freak.

by Anonymousreply 43June 26, 2021 12:25 AM

Don’t bother, R43. OP is a certified nut case who was worried that what he called “whore-cations in Puerto Vallarta” would lead to airborne COVID-syphilis hybrid, going by his posts from his first disinformation thread.

Add in the fact that most of his posts seem like they ran a few laps through Google translate before finding their way onto DL, and we have more than enough reason to not just ignore him, but to FF him into oblivion.

by Anonymousreply 44June 26, 2021 3:57 AM

[quote]I am not blaming you all, I am telling you getting the vaccine is not a permission to ditch the mask and social distancing.

We're not asking permission. We're outside, we're inside, we're everywhere and we're not wearing masks anymore. Stay inside and hide, OP.

Deal with it or don't, no one cares.

by Anonymousreply 45June 26, 2021 4:15 AM

R38 is right. R39 needs to find a convenient grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 46June 26, 2021 4:28 AM

Fuck you, freak @ R46. There are more of me than there are of you and R38. We’re looking at the rates of infection going way, way down—and hospitalizations and deaths even further down—and listening to the CDC and the Biden Admin, and there is no reason to continue to mask after vaccination.

Fuck you, fuck the Delta variant, fuck the unvaccinated, fuck the vulnerable who apparently never learned how to take care of themselves pre-COVID and now expect *the rest of society* to live in the plastic bubble instead of them. Give me a break.

by Anonymousreply 47June 26, 2021 4:37 AM

Did some of you just buy stock in one of the mask companies or something? You're gonna have to accept that masks aren't coming back.

by Anonymousreply 48June 26, 2021 4:40 AM

R46 Thank you for being the few reasonable life boats among this sea of anti-mask Russkie trolls. You are tight.

R48, R47 It is SOOO interesting that y'all are active in what is essentially morning hour in Russia. Keep working for those rubles, hon.

by Anonymousreply 49June 26, 2021 4:46 AM

It’s 12:52am here in Brooklyn, weirdo @ R49.

What the fuck do the Russians have to do with this? We’re PRO-vaccine. We WANT black people and Deplorables to get vaccinated. We WANT people to follow the science and our public health experts. Why don’t you? You just want people to wear a mask and socially distance forever. Maybe YOU are a Russian troll hoping to tank the US economy by convincing us to stay home?

by Anonymousreply 50June 26, 2021 4:54 AM

More from the OP, from other threads.

[quote]If I was to engage in some unholy dalliances with a taken man, I would have kept it to the grave! Yet, DLers proudly spin the yarns on this uncomfortable topic, often in full gory details. It is so hard when you are here for tasteful friends, but the unpleasantness just keep showing up. Anyone feel the same?

by Anonymousreply 51June 26, 2021 5:17 AM

Oh, interesting. Your rhetoric has been totally anti-mask R50, and is totally in line with Putin, but you are somehow not a troll? Ok, Sure, Jan. By trolling this thread, You already KNOW Israel, which had 85% jabbed, still struggled with Covid among vaccinated ppl. I guess it is DEATH TO AMERICA at all cost for you then.

Honestly, we need to look at Israel very closely, because it is a window to what will it be like even after reaching herd immunity:

"As Israel faces a surge in cases driven by the Delta variant, its health officials suggested that as many as half of new cases were among people who'd been vaccinated."

"We are seeing a doubling every few days," Mr Ash told public radio. "Another thing that's worrying is that the infections are spreading.""

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52June 26, 2021 5:26 AM

Attention, attention. This is Miss Schuster. Please listen very carefully.

The Delta variant is headed this way. Close off whatever area you may be in at this moment!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53June 26, 2021 5:33 AM

[quote]that as many as half of new cases were among people who'd been vaccinated.

So? At no time did anyone say that the vaccinated wouldn't be able to get Covid. The vaccine is doing everything that it is supposed to be doing. It is working as promised. It is so counterproductive that we have people who, instead of celebrating the successes of the vaccine and trying to encourage more people to get it, are just focusing on variants and doom and gloom scenarios.

by Anonymousreply 54June 26, 2021 5:42 AM

[quote]that as many as half of new cases were among people who'd been vaccinated.

[quote]So? At no time did anyone say that the vaccinated wouldn't be able to get Covid.

No, but given what we have been told about the vaccines, such a large relative number of infections in Israel's vaccinated is surprising. And again, we do not know if the vaccine will protect against the long-haul symptoms that debilitate 10-30% of the asymptomatic unvaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 55June 26, 2021 11:01 AM

Fun fact: Covid eats the brain in asymptotic and symptomatic.

The kids who have been exposed will have issues 20 years from now.

Thanks to the deplorables and their orange clown-god.

by Anonymousreply 56June 26, 2021 11:16 AM

This is why I continue to wear my mask when shopping and crowded indoor places. I am fully vaxxed but still feel comfortable with my mask on. I will wear my mask every winter. I am tired of getting sick. Feels good to be sick less these days.

by Anonymousreply 57June 26, 2021 11:32 AM

And you think that was exclusively the mask, and not the fact that all but essential businesses were closed, no one was around, and everyone stayed far away from each other?

by Anonymousreply 58June 26, 2021 11:52 AM

[quote] not those who's chose and chose again not to do.

Oh, DEAR!

by Anonymousreply 59June 26, 2021 11:53 AM

Israel had a super-spreader event with the Delta variant in a town that broke out in a school, where a family with most likely unvaccinated kids had gone on holiday to nearby Cyprus, which you can enter with just one vaccine dose and measures are fairly loose.

Super-spreader events tend to be really potent and that's why fully vaccinated people were infected with this variant.

But, unlike in the UK, in Israel the Delta infections in the fully vaccinated are mostly in clusters and do not lead to hospitalisation or death. Because in the UK, where infections are rising rapidly and there have been 50 deaths in the fully vaccinated, they mostly used AstraZeneca.

Whatever you've been vaccinated with, keep taking precautionary measures.

by Anonymousreply 60June 26, 2021 11:58 AM

Wear a mask and stay safe!

by Anonymousreply 61June 26, 2021 11:59 AM

[quote] I am fully vaxxed [bold]but still feel comfortable[/bold] with my mask on.

I have no problem with this if it’s your comfort level. None at all, you do what makes you feel comfortable. Just don’t pretend there’s any science whatsoever that supports it.

by Anonymousreply 62June 26, 2021 12:09 PM

[quote]I have no problem with this if it’s your comfort level. None at all, you do what makes you feel comfortable. Just don’t pretend there’s any science whatsoever that supports it.

The global agency responsible for international health, which has hundreds of scientists and epidemiologists on its staff, supports it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63June 26, 2021 12:16 PM

It's not about your personal safety. Everything seems to go straight to "me" in US culture.

The main concern if vaccinated people are still getting infected is not with what happens to them (almost certainly very little unless they're already frail), it's with how freely they can pass the infection on to the unvaccinated. That is bad for YOU because the more people who get infected, the more likely it is to mutate to something even worse. This has been glaringly obvious as the pandemic has developed. If it mutates to something worse, your level of protection is reduced: maybe obliterated depending on the mutation.

It appears neither Pfizer (Moderna uses the same technology) nor Astra Zeneca (which uses similar tech to J&J) is as effective against the Delta variant as it is against previous strains. Astra Zeneca is probably only 60% effective against Delta infection, Pfizer 80% or higher. Much less for both if you've only had one shot. Both seem to be pretty good at insuring against hospitalisation and death, though according to these stories not 100%.

But nobody yet knows the impact being vaccinated has on your ability to transmit the disease if you do pick it up. You might be as dangerous in that regard as an unvaccinated person.

by Anonymousreply 64June 26, 2021 12:18 PM

"Let's look at Israel, which had 85% vaccinated" - this is not true, OP. Israel has fully (i.e. two doses) vaccinated 55% of its population. Where the heck do you get this 85% figure from? Even those with just one dose are only 59% of the population.

The number of new daily cases in Israel is tiny in comparison to the UK, which has a similar number of people fully vaccinated, taking account for different population sizes. Yes, we should be vigilant, continue with measures, etc. but we should also understand that there are significant differences in vaccine effectiveness. AstraZeneca - mostly used in the UK - is not the same as Pfizer.

by Anonymousreply 65June 26, 2021 12:28 PM

R62 if you seen how ugly I am, you would be thanking me for keeping my mask on.

by Anonymousreply 66June 26, 2021 2:50 PM

Trump and his Girl Friday, Jared, fucked this all up. But they're gone now, we actually have adults in charge these days. Those of you who keep harping on Trump and deplorables are just keeping this political shit going because of your PTSD. Maybe instead of a mask, talking to an analyst about your trauma may be the best medicine for you.

by Anonymousreply 67June 26, 2021 3:00 PM

You'd be surprised who I'd find attractive, R66. Not every gay guy is so picky.

by Anonymousreply 68June 26, 2021 3:23 PM

R68 slide into my DMs maybe we can exchange pics.

by Anonymousreply 69June 26, 2021 4:03 PM

The Delta variant was detected in a fully vaccinated individual the county adjacent to me, the first case on this side of the state.

The county's health department today said that "vaccinated people may want to consider wearing masks out of an abundance of caution."

by Anonymousreply 70June 26, 2021 4:30 PM

Is he ill? Is he hospitalized? Is he dead?

by Anonymousreply 71June 26, 2021 4:34 PM

[quote]Is he ill? Is he hospitalized? Is he dead?

No details, but I imagine he or she was symptomatic or wouldn't have gotten tested.

by Anonymousreply 72June 26, 2021 4:37 PM

Not sure where you are, but here in the States, that’s not an accurate assumption.

In my state there are many mandatory tests for a lot of professions such as teachers, barbers, nurses, ambulance workers, etc.

by Anonymousreply 73June 26, 2021 4:39 PM

[quote] The main concern if vaccinated people are still getting infected is not with what happens to them (almost certainly very little unless they're already frail), it's with how freely they can pass the infection on to the unvaccinated.

Vaccinated people broadly speaking do not transmit the virus. That’s why the CDC amended their mask mandate, saying vaccinated people do not need to mask.

Stop pretending that WE JUST DON’T KNOW this stuff.

by Anonymousreply 74June 26, 2021 5:03 PM

Also WHO THE FUCK CARES if vaccinated people spread it to UNvaccinated people.

by Anonymousreply 75June 26, 2021 5:03 PM

Like kids?

by Anonymousreply 76June 26, 2021 5:10 PM

Yes, like kids.

by Anonymousreply 77June 26, 2021 5:12 PM

R74 Yeah, you basically invalidated your statement when you use the word "broadly speaking", that just means you admitted that vaxxed people can still spread it. Anti-mask trolls are so exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 78June 26, 2021 5:45 PM

Forever-mask trolls who don’t trust the vaccine, don’t trust the CDC or Biden or Fauci, and don’t understand relative risk or statistics, are who’s fucking exhausting, R78.

by Anonymousreply 79June 26, 2021 6:56 PM

Forever-masked, I want to love forever-masked!

by Anonymousreply 80June 26, 2021 7:09 PM

*live

by Anonymousreply 81June 26, 2021 7:09 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82June 26, 2021 7:13 PM

When I'm out amongst the great unwashed I mask.

by Anonymousreply 83June 26, 2021 7:14 PM

[quote]Also WHO THE FUCK CARES if vaccinated people spread it to UNvaccinated people.

R75, see R64:

[quote]The main concern if vaccinated people are still getting infected is not with what happens to them (almost certainly very little unless they're already frail), it's with how freely they can pass the infection on to the unvaccinated. That is bad for YOU because [bold]the more people who get infected, the more likely it is to mutate to something even worse[/bold]. This has been glaringly obvious as the pandemic has developed. [bold]If it mutates to something worse, your level of protection is reduced: maybe obliterated depending on the mutation[/bold].

If it's still difficult for you to understand, ask anyone who finished middle school to decipher it for you, R75.

by Anonymousreply 84June 26, 2021 7:16 PM

^^ class clown.

by Anonymousreply 85June 26, 2021 7:46 PM

Kids and teens are vectors. This isn't going away until kids and teens have all had the vaccine or, unvaccinated, have reached heard immunity in their age cohort.

by Anonymousreply 86June 26, 2021 7:54 PM

Still don’t care, R84.

[quote] The main concern if vaccinated people are still getting infected is not with what happens to them (almost certainly very little unless they're already frail), it's with how freely they can pass the infection on to the unvaccinated.

Exactly how “freely” DO vaccinated people pass on their (already incredibly rare) breakthrough infection to the unvaccinated? Do you know?

by Anonymousreply 87June 26, 2021 8:12 PM

Vaccinated pozzes result in a mild, weaker case. Essentially, it's the non's among themselves that's the issue.

by Anonymousreply 88June 27, 2021 12:33 AM

Yes but the word “essentially” in your reply gives away the game, R88 —

by Anonymousreply 89June 27, 2021 1:17 AM

[quote]Exactly how “freely” DO vaccinated people pass on their (already incredibly rare) breakthrough infection to the unvaccinated?

You have an interesting conception of “incredibly rare.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90June 27, 2021 1:21 PM

[quote]fuck the vulnerable

Tells you all you need to know about the new form of anti-masker. Trump fuckers and ignorant vaccinated people who don't care about anything beyond getting to do what they want RIGHT NOW can join together in a confederacy of the intentionally obtuse.. The Trump fuckers didn't care about infecting other from the beginning and now the ignorati contingent of the vaccinated have joined them.

by Anonymousreply 91June 27, 2021 1:58 PM

Keep in mind the vaccines are not 100% effective cult and the anti-vaxxer cult are cut from the same in-denial of science cloth.

by Anonymousreply 92June 27, 2021 2:19 PM

In the United States, anyone who wants to get vaccinated can get vaccinated. There’s a surplus of shots, no restrictions, and plenty of locations.

If you’re not vaccinated and get sick, it’s entirely your fault.

And people are suggesting the rest of us should wear masks to protect those idiots?

by Anonymousreply 93June 27, 2021 2:23 PM

R91. Preach

by Anonymousreply 94June 27, 2021 2:23 PM

Agreed, R93

Without going back to lockdown/stricter mask mandates, herd immunity via un-vax exposure is the way to end this. At this point, given the four week waiting period, it's almost too late if the gloomier Delta predictions come to pass.

by Anonymousreply 95June 27, 2021 2:31 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96June 27, 2021 2:40 PM

^^Again, affects unvaccinated people, not those who did the right thing, listened to our president and got vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 97June 27, 2021 3:18 PM

There are still effective treatments, though the need is not substantial (I didn't say non-existent).

by Anonymousreply 98June 27, 2021 3:20 PM

R92, that's utter bullshit. We know according to the science that the Covid-19 vaccines are pretty good, but they aren't 100% effective.

by Anonymousreply 99June 27, 2021 3:27 PM

[quote] [R92], that's utter bullshit. We know according to the science that the Covid-19 vaccines are pretty good, but they aren't 100% effective.

No one, but no one, said they’re 100% effective.

R92’s point was that those who keep harping on it still don’t understand the science. Or the data, more specifically.

[quote] The Trump fuckers didn't care about infecting other from the beginning and now the ignorati contingent of the vaccinated have joined them.

Please tell me what exactly I’m ignorant of here. What fact am I not understanding? Why does every fully vaccinated person need to wear a mask?

by Anonymousreply 100June 27, 2021 3:42 PM

[quote] No one, but no one, said they’re 100% effective.

[quote] Keep in mind the vaccines are not 100% effective cult and the anti-vaxxer cult are cut from the same in-denial of science cloth.

So if you follow the science that says that vaccines are not 100% effective you're in a cult just like that anti-vaxxers. Is that you saying that? Because that's what I responded it. It's utter bullshit, like I said.

by Anonymousreply 101June 27, 2021 3:49 PM

That wasn’t me who said that, but I understood what that poster meant.

There is definitely a shared denial-of-science + innumeracy between the two camps.

by Anonymousreply 102June 27, 2021 3:56 PM

Another thing the two ends of the spectrum have in common is that neither side currently believes what the CDC, Biden, and public health experts are saying.

by Anonymousreply 103June 27, 2021 3:58 PM

[quote] There is definitely a shared denial-of-science + innumeracy between the two camps.

Maybe so, but at least we know how to do math!

by Anonymousreply 104June 27, 2021 4:00 PM

Nah, it's 100% bullshit trying to link two diametrically opposed groups together to support a flawed stance.

by Anonymousreply 105June 27, 2021 4:00 PM

What’s the flaw in the stance, R105?

by Anonymousreply 106June 27, 2021 4:01 PM

My personal rule as someone who's vaccinated: mask indoors, always. Mask outdoors, never.

by Anonymousreply 107June 27, 2021 4:03 PM

R106 The CDC and WHO both recommend wearing masks and social distancing even if vaccinated due to the Delta variant.

by Anonymousreply 108June 27, 2021 4:17 PM

The CDC absolutely does NOT recommend mask wearing for the vaccinated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109June 27, 2021 4:22 PM

You're right, my bad. From the article I read I thought it was both, but it's just the WHO. I still say lumping those still wearing masks out of concern for others, and anti-vaxxers together is bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 110June 27, 2021 4:30 PM

No more masks bitches, follow the science, get vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 111June 27, 2021 4:46 PM

The science in Israel?

by Anonymousreply 112June 27, 2021 4:51 PM

Move there if you like their current policies so much, R112.

by Anonymousreply 113June 27, 2021 5:20 PM

I live in Sarasota but the county above me (Manatee County) there were 6 town hall employees who were exposed to COVID. The one person who did not contract the virus was vaccinated; the remainder got COVID and I think 2 or 3 of them died. Idiots-- get the vaccine!!

by Anonymousreply 114June 27, 2021 5:29 PM

From CNN today, stop being wankers and follow the science you bunch of chicken little queens. You eat ass anyway.

To be sure, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has said there's a low chance people who are fully vaccinated may get infected with virus variants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115June 27, 2021 5:29 PM

[quote] My personal rule as someone who's vaccinated: mask indoors, always. Mask outdoors, never.

Until Joy Reid and Rachel Maddow say otherwise!

by Anonymousreply 116June 27, 2021 5:32 PM

[quote]The CDC absolutely does NOT recommend mask wearing for the vaccinated.

Correct. The WHO does and Israel does. If Delta takes off here like it has in the UK, I would not be at all surprised if the CDC changes its tune -- or, at least, says something like, "Vaccinated individuals may want to wear masks and socially distance out of an abundance of caution." The CDC has reversed its recommendations on mask wearing before, no reason they can't do it again.

by Anonymousreply 117June 27, 2021 5:38 PM

[quote]Please tell me what exactly I’m ignorant of here. What fact am I not understanding? Why does every fully vaccinated person need to wear a mask?

Because you can still carry the virus and not everyone can get vaccinated. My asshole brother refuses to let his teenaged children get the vaccine because he's a Trumpfucker. They have jobs with the public. If you wear a mask, you'll protect them if you are a carrier.

Because the Delta variant is running rampant through the world and will soon be dominant in the US. It is much more transmissable and is able to evade the vaccines to the tune of about a 10-15% drop in efficacy.

Because even if you are infected and do not show symptoms or have a very light case, you still become a host for mutations to occur.

Because the way they will know that there is a new variant that the vaccines do not work against is by the number of hospitalized and dead vaccinated people.

Because we haven't reached herd immunity and half the country is filled with fucking morons who will not get vaccinated making the likelihood of a vaccine evading mutation the US high enough to be concerned.

Because it takes zero effort to wear a mask when inside with other people unless you have the impulse control and selfishness of a toddler.

by Anonymousreply 118June 27, 2021 7:28 PM

^^ OLE !

by Anonymousreply 119June 27, 2021 7:37 PM

[quote] Because you can still carry the virus

Gonna need a citation for this one.

[quote] Because even if you are infected and do not show symptoms or have a very light case, you still become a host for mutations to occur.

…and this one…

[quote] It is much more transmissable and is able to evade the vaccines to the tune of about a 10-15% drop in efficacy.

…and this is just wrong. It’s a 5-6% drop in efficacy for preventing symptomatic infection, in Pfizer and AZ vaccines respectively.

Worrying about transmitting the virus as a fully vaccinated person makes about as much sense as worrying that you’ll get struck by lightning. You’re just looking for something to worry about and scold others over. Normal people have gotten the vaccine and are going on with their lives. If the notoriously conservative CDC decides vaccinated Americans need to start masking again, they’ll let us know when that happens. Hard to imagine it ever will.

by Anonymousreply 120June 27, 2021 9:52 PM

"My asshole brother refuses to let his teenaged children get the vaccine because he's a Trumpfucker. They have jobs with the public. If you wear a mask, you'll protect them if you are a carrier."

And why should I care more about your brother's kids than he does?

by Anonymousreply 121June 27, 2021 10:04 PM

[quote]You’re just looking for something to worry about and scold others over.

Exactly.

by Anonymousreply 122June 27, 2021 10:16 PM

If you wear a mask, you'll protect them if you are a carrier.

I don't give a fuck if your entitled relations get the virus, that would be their fault not mine, get the fucking vaccine or STFU, god I hate people.

by Anonymousreply 123June 27, 2021 11:12 PM

You still need to be careful even if you have been fully vaccinated with a highly effective vaccine because some of these variants can break through the vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 124June 27, 2021 11:25 PM

OP: You are a fucking sadist…….

by Anonymousreply 125June 27, 2021 11:26 PM

R124 stands a better chance at a sizeable lottery won than double vax infection. But, if Rachel says so...

by Anonymousreply 126June 27, 2021 11:28 PM

So are we going to be wearing masks again this fall/winter?

by Anonymousreply 127June 27, 2021 11:28 PM

I see very few wearing masks where I live. I will continue wearing mine.

by Anonymousreply 128June 27, 2021 11:30 PM

Not really r126, there have been a number of cases of infection with the Delta variant in people who have been double vaccinated with Pfizer in Israel. There are very many cases of infection with the Delta variant in people who have been double vaccinated with the less effective AstraZeneca vaccine in the UK, even around 50 deaths so far.

by Anonymousreply 129June 27, 2021 11:31 PM

That’s been posted repeatedly, R129, and he chooses not to address it, so It seems he’s just trolling.

by Anonymousreply 130June 27, 2021 11:39 PM

This thread is madness. No, we are not going back to mandatory masks or social distancing. I am assuming that once the FDA officially approves the vaccine (beyond emergency use) it will be mandated by local health officials, at least in blue states. If not by local health officials, then employers and retail will require it for employment or to just enter their businesses.

No one will stop individuals from wearing masks in public, if they so choose.

by Anonymousreply 131June 27, 2021 11:45 PM

Why hasn't the FDA given full approval yet? It would allow schools to require it. It will allow the military to order all members be vaccinated. From what I've read, it's a six month approval time vs. the two month emergency approval and they look at the same data used for the emergency approval. The real world effectiveness and safety has been proven beyond a doubt with hundreds of millions of doses of Pfizer and Moderna administered around the world. They need to move it along.

And, to the assholes wondering why they should possibly care about my teenage relatives who have begged their idiotic parents to allow them to get the vaccine, the reason is that they are fucking human beings who, through no fault of their own, cannot get vaccinated. You know, like children under 12 and people with allergies and the immunocompromised. You are as awful as the Trump fuckers who refused to wear a mask this whole time. Worse, maybe, because you are supposed to be smarter than those stupid fucks. There is no reason at all that you can't wear a mask indoors when around other people except absolute selfishness.

by Anonymousreply 132June 28, 2021 12:00 AM

[quote]There is no reason at all that you can't wear a mask indoors when around other people except absolute selfishness.

I'm not the person you're responding to, but there is a reason why I won't wear a mask indoors. Because I followed the rules and did what I was supposed to do. I trusted the science. I masked and social distanced when I was supposed to. I got vaccinated. And now I'm still trusting the science that says I no longer have to mask up or social distance.

I did the responsible thing. I don't give two fucks about your Trumper brother and his children. Sorry, not sorry.

by Anonymousreply 133June 28, 2021 12:05 AM

R133 pre-vaccination: “Those horrible people who won’t wear masks! Don’t they understand we’re all in this together?”

R133 post-vaccination: “I got mine, screw the kids!”

by Anonymousreply 134June 28, 2021 12:12 AM

Exactly, R134. You'd think they'd be smart enough to realize they are parrotting the Trumpfucker's shit from the entire last year and a half. "Doesn't effect me, so, fuck off! I'll do what I wanna do!" Straight out of the Trumper playbook.

by Anonymousreply 135June 28, 2021 12:33 AM

[quote]“I got mine, screw the kids!”

If the father doesn't care about his own kids, then why should I?

by Anonymousreply 136June 28, 2021 1:03 AM

Because they’re human beings?

by Anonymousreply 137June 28, 2021 1:04 AM

For all you OCD loons that insist we're all doomed if we don't wear masks, please read this article by 2 doctors from Columbia University about the effectiveness of vaccines against variants. Of course it is based on science so you may not quite get it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138June 28, 2021 1:32 AM

Oh fank you. Paywalled.

by Anonymousreply 139June 28, 2021 1:52 AM

Ugly mouth breathers refused to mask up and will not observe social distancing measures. Ugly, inside and out.

by Anonymousreply 140June 28, 2021 1:58 AM

People who think vaccinated people need to be worried about the Delta variant and continue to wear masks indoors are not wiser than anyone else, they’re just scientifically illiterate and innumerate.

1) Breakthrough infections are incredibly rare. No, vaccinated people who experience one do not have enough of the virus to transmit it to anyone. Further, a positive PCR test is likely just picking up dead virus fragments in the nose. It is not a sign of symptomatic illness (or asymptomatic illness) that can be spread to someone else. The test is very sensitive.

2) the Delta variant is more transmissible but that is really only cause for concern for unvaccinated people and those for whom the vaccine is more likely to fail to trigger an immune response. Fully vaccinated people who will experience a breakthrough infection — again, still an incredibly rare event — that is transmissible, are going to be catching the Delta variant more and more because that is what is spreading more and more. It doesn’t mean we’re going to see alarming or skyrocketing rates of symptomatic infection, hospitalization, or deaths among fully vaccinated people. If THAT happens, we’ll hear about it, and public health policy in the US will likely change to reflect it. But it is still highly unlikely because infections in *vaccinated* people are so incredibly unlikely (yes, even where the Delta variant is concerned), and transmitting that variant to at risk people is even less likely.

[quote] there have been a number of cases of infection with the Delta variant in people who have been double vaccinated with Pfizer in Israel.

“A number” — how many? What type of tests did they use? Were they symptomatic?

[quote]There are very many cases of infection with the Delta variant in people who have been double vaccinated with the less effective AstraZeneca vaccine in the UK, even around 50 deaths so far.

How many? Even 50 deaths from COVID in fully (not “double”) vaccinated people is not unexpected or out of line with the efficacy rate. Were those full vaccinated deaths in elderly people or people with other risk factors?

You can’t just cite cases and not be specific about these things; it’s essentially just noise.

by Anonymousreply 141June 28, 2021 2:14 AM

[quote] No, vaccinated people who experience one do not have enough of the virus to transmit it to anyone

This was supposed to say “generally do not have enough of the virus to transmit.” There are a handful of instances of transmission, out of hundreds of millions of full vaccinations.

by Anonymousreply 142June 28, 2021 2:17 AM

No more masks you silly cunts!

by Anonymousreply 143June 28, 2021 2:22 AM

[quote]It doesn’t mean we’re going to see alarming or skyrocketing rates of symptomatic infection, hospitalization, or deaths among fully vaccinated people. If THAT happens, we’ll hear about it, and public health policy in the US will likely change to reflect it.

How many fully vaccinated will have to be hospitalized or dead before they identify that variant? Are you willing to be one of them?

And, even though transmissability is of a low likelihood from a fully vaccinated person, how many immunocompromised people or children are you okay with infecting instead of doing something as simple as wearing a mask inside when you are around people until community spread has stopped?

You are using the same exact arguments that Trumpers have used the entire time. "The chances are so small! Why worry?" "You do what you want, but I'm not wearing a mask!" "There's only a tiny chance of getting really sick or dying so I'm not changing my life!" The exact same arguments with the exact same excuses due to the exact same selfishness. Yeah, you might only help kill one person. Oh well, it's just one person.

There is literally no unselfish reason to not wear a mask indoors around other people.

by Anonymousreply 144June 28, 2021 2:28 AM

Then for the love of all that's holy, wear a mask then R144. No one is stopping you.

by Anonymousreply 145June 28, 2021 2:49 AM

A MailOnline headline on 13 June read: “Study shows 29% of the 42 people who have died after catching the new strain had BOTH vaccinations.” In Public Health England’s technical briefing on 25 June, that figure had risen to 43% (50 of 117), with the majority (60%) having received at least one dose.

It could sound worrying that the majority of people dying in England with the now-dominant Delta (B.1.617.2) variant have been vaccinated. Does this mean the vaccines are ineffective? Far from it, it’s what we would expect from an effective but imperfect vaccine, a risk profile that varies hugely by age and the way the vaccines have been rolled out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146June 28, 2021 2:56 AM

R145, as I've stated earlier in this thread, I have young family members whose asshole parents aren't letting them get vaccinated. I've been fully vaxxed for months. We still wear masks at work because unvaccinated children are there. Explain how you are different from the Trumpers by saying what you just said.

The mask, as always, protects other people to a greater extent than it protects you. Because you can't know if you are a risk to those other people who can't get vaccinated for whatever reason, you are being selfish just like the Trumpers during this entire last year. There is no reason to not wear a mask inside with other people around other than "I don't wanna and you can't make me!". We will eventually reach a place where there is no community spread but we are not there yet. You've become what you hate. Congrats.

by Anonymousreply 147June 28, 2021 2:57 AM

Could r141 be more tiresome?

by Anonymousreply 148June 28, 2021 3:10 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149June 28, 2021 3:19 AM

[quote] How many fully vaccinated will have to be hospitalized or dead before they identify that variant? Are you willing to be one of them?

I’m certainly willing to take my chances, yes.

[quote] Could [R141] be more tiresome?

Try me. Which point did I get wrong?

by Anonymousreply 150June 28, 2021 3:32 AM

[quote] Because you can't know if you are a risk to those other people who can't get vaccinated for whatever reason

Can’t know? Says who? Certainly not the CDC. Gonna need a citation on this.

You can’t know that you won’t fall asleep at the wheel of your car, or have a heart attack while driving and veer into oncoming traffic and kill a person. Does that mean you’re never going to get behind the wheel of a car? You really shouldn’t. There’s no unselfish reason why you can’t give up driving forever to possibly save at least one life.

by Anonymousreply 151June 28, 2021 3:37 AM

If they’re going to make me wear a mask at least bribe me with halvah and a beer first! Help a brother out…

by Anonymousreply 152June 28, 2021 3:39 AM

"You can’t just cite cases and not be specific about these things" - That's the problem r141, we're not being told who these fully vaccinated people who died of the Delta variant are other than that they were over 50. Sure, you can dismiss that and say they were elderly or whatever. But the fact in the UK that we aren't being given a fuller breakdown of who these people are or how many fully vaccinated people have been infected while at the same time the government starts to panic is what worries me. I have no doubt that the vast majority of them, if not all, had the AstraZeneca vaccine.

There were over 200 cases of the Delta variant in fully vaccinated people in Israel, where Pfizer has almost exclusively been used (the other vaccine being Moderna). They were linked to a super-spreader event caused by a family who had returned from Cyprus. But it just shows how rapidly that variant can spread and jump from country to country and it does break through the vaccine.

The AstraZeneca vaccine clearly has a problem with the Delta variant. Perhaps because you're in the US where AstraZeneca is not being used, that doesn't bother you. But there is clearly a problem here.

by Anonymousreply 153June 28, 2021 5:37 AM

[quote] There were over 200 cases of the Delta variant in fully vaccinated people in Israel, where Pfizer has almost exclusively been used (the other vaccine being Moderna).

They do PCR testing, which can pick up traces of dead virus in the nose. It means they came into contact with it and the immune system quickly killed it. (See also: the NY Yankees, who’d had the J&J vaccine; only one of the Yankees was even symptomatic). That’s not at all the same as having a symptomatic illness and spreading it, or getting long COVID from it, etc.

by Anonymousreply 154June 28, 2021 5:48 AM

Then why fucking bother?

by Anonymousreply 155June 28, 2021 5:59 AM

I never said it was the same as long Covid or infecting others r154, but the Israelis found it serious enough to reintroduce the mask mandate indoors.

I'm also more worried about the AstraZeneca vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 156June 28, 2021 6:12 AM

R151, your hyperbole just proves my point. Putting a mask on when you are indoors with other people is next to zero effort but could save someone's life. Like I said, absolutely immature and selfish...just like the Trumpers you hate.

I also love all the pretzels and tantrums now being thrown as more and more vaccinated people get infected with Delta. The so-called science-based people are now making up stories that they aren't really infected, you see, it's all just dead virus. All of it. No scientific basis for that conclusion. I guess the ones that died must have just choked on dead virus particles.

The indoor mask mandates will be back in place in many states and federally by the end of August. We've always been about a month or so behind the UK and Israel and the Delta variant is expected to completely take over in the US in the next month. Wait until you see the explosion when schools go back to full capacity in August. I feel sorry for the medical workers, especially in the red states. Here comes the next wave.

by Anonymousreply 157June 28, 2021 6:55 AM

UGh, ANTI-MASK TROLL is sooo toxic. His rhetoric are basically: you die not my fault, no one cares about Trumper's kids. It speaks volume about who he is.

by Anonymousreply 158June 28, 2021 7:31 AM

[quote]The AstraZeneca vaccine clearly has a problem with the Delta variant. Perhaps because you're in the US where AstraZeneca is not being used, that doesn't bother you. But there is clearly a problem here.

The AZ vaccine clearly struggles with the Delta variant -- one UK study found just 60% efficacy after two doses, compared to 79% efficacy after two doses with Pfizer. There are similar concerns about the J&J vaccine in the U.S.:

"Infectious disease experts are weighing the need for booster shots of mRNA-based vaccines for Americans who received Johnson & Johnson's one-dose vaccine due to the increasing prevalence of the more contagious Delta coronavirus variant.

A few say they have already done so themselves, even without published data on whether combining two different vaccines is safe and effective or backing from U.S. health regulators. Canada and some European countries are already allowing people to get two different COVID-19 shots.

The CDC is not recommending boosters, and advisors to the agency said at a public meeting this week there is not yet significant evidence of declining protection from the vaccines.

Dr. Angela Rasmussen, a researcher at the University of Saskatchewan's Vaccine and Infectious Disease Organization, said on Twitter she had gotten a dose of Pfizer's vaccine this week after receiving J&J's in April.

Rasmussen, who declined to be interviewed, encouraged Americans who received the J&J vaccine to talk to their doctors about a possible second shot."

The above is from Reuters, which apparently can't be linked here.

by Anonymousreply 159June 28, 2021 11:17 AM

[quote] they are parrotting the Trumpfucker's shit from the entire last year and a half. "Doesn't effect me, so, fuck off! I'll do what I wanna do!" Straight out of the Trumper playbook.

What a ridiculous and specious argument.

At a time when all public health authorities, including Dr. Fauci, Dr. Birx, and the CDC were imploring—begging—people to wear masks, those idiots didn’t, in direct contradiction of science as well as guidelines put in place.

Now, ALL of those very same people, including our president, are saying you do not need to wear a mask if you’ve been vaccinated because science, so we are following the guidelines and you want to compare that to trumpets?

by Anonymousreply 160June 28, 2021 12:26 PM

From today's NYT:

"The vaccines made by Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna set off a persistent immune reaction in the body that may protect against the coronavirus for years, scientists reported on Monday. The findings add to growing evidence that most people immunized with the mRNA vaccines may not need boosters, so long as the virus and its variants do not evolve much beyond their current forms — which is not guaranteed. People who recovered from Covid-19 before being vaccinated may not need boosters even if the virus does make a significant transformation."

by Anonymousreply 161June 28, 2021 2:36 PM

[quote]Putting a mask on when you are indoors with other people is next to zero effort but could save someone's life. Like I said, absolutely immature and selfish...just like the Trumpers you hate.

This is the biggest bunch of bullshit that I've read on DL all day. You all are the Trumpers, because this isn't about saving anyone's life. This is about your political bullshit. You're keeping it going, in spite of growing evidence that mask wearing for fully vaccinated people is ridiculous. Again, instead of spending your money on masks use that cash to invest in some therapy for your Covid trauma.

by Anonymousreply 162June 28, 2021 2:41 PM

More than 4,000 people fully vaccinated by Pfizer have died of Covid

by Anonymousreply 163June 28, 2021 2:41 PM

Yeah, gonna need a link for that, R163.

by Anonymousreply 164June 28, 2021 2:48 PM

[quote] The so-called science-based people are now making up stories that they aren't really infected, you see, it's all just dead virus. All of it. No scientific basis for that conclusion. I guess the ones that died must have just choked on dead virus particles.

I’m not making anything up. I didn’t say “all of it”, either. Of course if someone is symptomatic and they test positive, the positive test result isn’t triggered by DEAD VIRUS FRAGMENTS. Those people have a real breakthrough case.

You evidently don’t spend as much time reading about this subject as you do freaking out about it. Do a Google or Twitter search for “PCR dead virus” and you’ll be able to read what I have, from public health experts who are just as concerned as you but way more informed and not as retarded. And no, these aren’t quacks or Trumpers or whatever you no doubt suspect about them.

Or don’t. Feel free to stroke out and die over your COVID hysteria.

by Anonymousreply 165June 28, 2021 2:58 PM

No, R163, simply not true.

You can't pull numbers from your ass —or was it Tucker Carlson's ass?—and expect us to be awed by them.

178.3 million doses and 46% of Americans fully vaccinated and the figure of "4100 hospitalizations or deaths from breakthrough Covid infections of fully vaccinated persons" is the worst figure I can find that doesn't begin to reach your claim, even if expanded internationally. As for what hospitalization and death numbers those 4100 might have represented without the vaccine is unknown, but you're mistaking everything.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166June 28, 2021 3:01 PM

It's lovely how the anti-mask troll keeps citing CDC's theoretical vaccine success scenario, when the REAL data in Israel are showing breakthroughs and increasing Covid hospitalization among vaxxed ppl with Pfizer.

“I don’t think we should undervalue the Israel data, but I think it has to be studied more carefully,” said Robert Hecht, a professor of clinical epidemiology at the Yale School of Public Health.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167July 9, 2021 1:06 PM

I've been fully vaccinated and I'm still wearing a mask when I'm out in public to do only what is necessary. I'm not willing to dine in a restaurant, attend the theater, concert or go into a bar. No large gatherings such as picnics and parties, and the holidays this year will be small and quiet celebrations.

Face it, we don't really know what we put into our bodies when we were injected with a vaccine with short term testing and little known side effects. Every day the story changes regarding side effects, and the actual effectiveness of the vaccines and timelines. We haven't a clue to what those long term side effects will be.

People have become so selfish and impatient.

by Anonymousreply 168July 9, 2021 1:26 PM

[quote]It's lovely how the anti-mask troll keeps citing CDC's theoretical vaccine success scenario, when the REAL data in Israel are showing breakthroughs and increasing Covid hospitalization among vaxxed ppl with Pfizer.

Israel is an outlier:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169July 9, 2021 1:37 PM

Nope Israel is real time future scenario. Israel got vaxxed in big % way before CAN and UK, it shows Delta and Epsilon will eventually breakthrough. UK and CAN only started vaxxed in good % less than a month, give it couple more days, the Delta and Epsilon will breakthrough like Israel

by Anonymousreply 170July 9, 2021 1:50 PM

I'm a contact tracer and we're seeing an increasing number of breakthrough cases. But fewer than 20% have severe symptoms. And no one has died.

by Anonymousreply 171July 9, 2021 1:56 PM

R171 NOT YET

by Anonymousreply 172July 9, 2021 2:08 PM

I'm fully vaccinated but while I won't wear a mask walking outside I do wear a mask entering a business or public transportation. You don't want to be an asymptomatic carrier for others.

by Anonymousreply 173July 9, 2021 2:10 PM

I just bought a bunch of new masks on sale at REI. My old ones are all shriveled up from being washed 50+ times.

by Anonymousreply 174July 9, 2021 2:28 PM

OP: ok chicken little ....you've had your fun .....it's time to go back in your bunker now.

I'm vaccinated and the future is unforeseeable.......so why fret about it?

by Anonymousreply 175July 9, 2021 3:12 PM

Well, actually the future is forseeable in Israel, so you better keep that mask on R175

by Anonymousreply 176July 9, 2021 3:15 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177July 9, 2021 3:34 PM

R177 Exactly, this is happening in real time, Epsilon is coming and y'all need to recognize this breakthrough.

by Anonymousreply 178July 9, 2021 3:45 PM

Why don’t we just wear space suits.

by Anonymousreply 179July 9, 2021 3:47 PM

OP, go live in a bubble and leave us alone. The science is clear. The vaccine works and even if you get covid now you are not at a risk of dying from it. Risk is a normal part of life, if you don’t like it, don’t go outside.

by Anonymousreply 180July 9, 2021 3:53 PM

R180 Get that ruble hunty.

by Anonymousreply 181July 9, 2021 3:54 PM

R180 thinks Hunter Biden hasn't gotten enough negative media attention.

by Anonymousreply 182July 9, 2021 4:20 PM

What is this “Epsilon” bullshit? The next variant is Lambda and they’ve already found it in Las Vegas sewage.

by Anonymousreply 183July 9, 2021 4:28 PM

I will unmask in stores once I am convinced the information is fairly accurate. Right now their are still too many unknowns about long term effects and whether I as a vaxxed person can pass it along to others. It's just not that big of a deal to me to put a mask on when I go in a store.

by Anonymousreply 184July 9, 2021 5:03 PM

You stand a better chance of a big lottery win than transmitting covid after second shot. But, you're obviously so invested in the issue you can't let it go.

by Anonymousreply 185July 9, 2021 5:07 PM

Having only had one Pfizer (fucking administration couldn’t give me a second until August’s end?), I’m in this really weird space where I feel somewhat less anxious and stressed (say, a level 7 down from 11 out of 10) to leave my house and encounter others, but I still don’t feel at all comfortable unmasking or getting very close to people, or being indoors where there is more than a couple of others.

Plus I still believe it’s way too soon to have gatherings and crowds, or even half-full indoor venues. Viruses don’t care about the fact that it’s summer, or there’s an entertainment industry going under, or that people are bored and lonely. At the same time though, by now the stress of being cooped up and standing a mile away from someone to say hi is even starting to get to me, the world’s biggest reclusive introvert. So idk.

How protected am I, approximately, with one Pfizer? I live out in the country, don’t go into work or on public transport (luckily), and I’m young (under 30) and healthy, but I know that means almost nothing to this awful disease. I’m guessing one shot gives about 50% of a protective shield (+ mask), right? And less than that for Delta variant?

by Anonymousreply 186July 9, 2021 5:39 PM

Girl drive yo ass down to the nearest Kroger, plenty of FREE pfizer there r186

by Anonymousreply 187July 9, 2021 6:00 PM

[quote]How protected am I, approximately, with one Pfizer?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188July 9, 2021 6:01 PM

R186, where the hell do you live that you haven’t gotten your second Pfizer shot yet?

Also, you’re under 30? FUCK OFF, no one cares.

by Anonymousreply 189July 9, 2021 6:03 PM

Let’s not be too hasty. If he’s under 30, I may care.

Pics?

by Anonymousreply 190July 9, 2021 7:24 PM

R187 almost made me piss myself.

😂

by Anonymousreply 191July 9, 2021 7:24 PM

[quote] Right now their are still too many unknowns

[quote]You stand a better chance of a big lottery win than transmitting covid after second shot.

He stands a better chance of passing a grammar class than transmitting it.

by Anonymousreply 192July 9, 2021 7:26 PM

[quote] My old ones are all shriveled up

Boy, do I know what you mean!

by Anonymousreply 193July 9, 2021 7:27 PM

"So sick of covid. It's been a year and a half and this thing still have us running scared. Enough. Time to live our lives. I don't care anymore. Let cases soar. I just don't care."

Yes, that is what the anti-mask troll said in the other thread. She really wants America dead.

by Anonymousreply 194July 12, 2021 5:13 AM

Who’s dying except unvaccinated losers, r194? I’m not the person whom you’re quoting, but I agree with the sentiment.

by Anonymousreply 195July 12, 2021 5:23 AM

Oh, so you are super OK with Covid soaring too R195? Boris found her Natasha. How romantic.

by Anonymousreply 196July 12, 2021 5:25 AM

Yes, what’s the problem, R196? Why do you care?

by Anonymousreply 197July 12, 2021 5:26 AM

Oh, nothing R197, it's just proof that you are a troll noise, so everyone needs to ignore you and KEEP THAT MASK ON.

by Anonymousreply 198July 12, 2021 9:17 PM

💉 [italic] Nobody Knows Nothin 'Bout The Corona Vaccine

by Anonymousreply 199July 12, 2021 10:38 PM

Better start lining up for Phizer shot #3

And #4

And #5

And #6 ..........

by Anonymousreply 200July 12, 2021 10:40 PM

😷 I'm not saying you should panic, but after a two month layoff from my job as an official Covid Tracer in Darfur, I was back on the job today as a full time tracker, and my supervisor asked if I was available on weekends. Better put those masks back on!

by Anonymousreply 201July 12, 2021 10:48 PM

The nervous nellies are ALWAYS going to cling to any bit of news they possibly can to try and keep EVERYONE wearing masks etc. GET A LIFE LOSERS!

by Anonymousreply 202July 12, 2021 10:53 PM

Get long haul symptoms, loser @ r202.

by Anonymousreply 203July 13, 2021 4:41 AM

What percentage of Americans are suffering from long-haul Covid symptoms, I wonder? We hear SO MUCH about them.

by Anonymousreply 204July 13, 2021 4:54 AM

Those who are refusing the vaccination, and waiting for everyone else to do so, can go fuck themselves. I actually have an aunt and uncle who are lovely people and otherwise very rational. But they're refusing to vaccinate. I don't wish COVID-19 on them, but if they contract it, it's on them.

All this in the face of the fact that another aunt and uncle (aunts are sisters) came down with COVID-19, though the experience was mild. THAT aunt and uncle ARE vaccinated. It's really fucking ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 205July 13, 2021 5:13 AM

The Miami-Dade County commission chairman and his chief of staff have been infected with Covid, even though they are both vaccinated.

[quote]"Breakthrough" infections - fully vaccinated individuals who contract the coronavirus - do happen, although they are very rare. An Associated Press analysis of government data in May showed only about 1% of such cases resulted in hospitalization or death. The analysis suggested that nearly all COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. recently have been in people who weren’t vaccinated, a staggering demonstration of how effective the shots have been and an indication that deaths could approach zero if every eligible person gets the vaccine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206July 13, 2021 10:02 AM

Of course, we really have no idea how "rare" breakthrough infections are, because most are asymptomatic and those afflicted don't generally get tested.

by Anonymousreply 207July 13, 2021 10:57 AM

Cases are surging! Keep that mask on !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208July 14, 2021 5:00 AM

Cases are surging among the unvaccinated. Get vaccinated and stop worrying about masks, R208.

by Anonymousreply 209July 14, 2021 5:11 AM

Then why did the VAXXED Miami-Dade County commission chairman AND his Chief of staff get covid, hmmm, R209?

by Anonymousreply 210July 14, 2021 5:13 AM

Because breakthrough infections happen in rare instances, as they’ve been happening since the vaccines were first rolled out. This is expected.

Do you think they’re occurring in a third of all vaccinated people? Half?

by Anonymousreply 211July 14, 2021 5:15 AM

If it is sooo rare then why do we hear about it all the time the past few week, hmm, R211?

by Anonymousreply 212July 14, 2021 5:21 AM

What's this "hmmmm..." shit? Once was more than enough, Janik.

Anyway, I'll play along and pretend you don't understand how this works. When the vaccine was about to roll out, no secrets were made of the fact that the vaccine's feature was not that it completely prevented infection, but that those vaccinated were far less likely to be hospitalized and/or die of Covid.

by Anonymousreply 213July 14, 2021 5:42 AM

If it is sooo rare then why do we hear about it all the time the past few week, hmm, R213?

by Anonymousreply 214July 14, 2021 5:44 AM

R212 - Because the media wants the clicks and to keep you in constant fear, tuning in 24/7. Turn off the cable news, make sure you are vaccinated, and go live your life.

by Anonymousreply 215July 14, 2021 5:48 AM

Boris R214, your reading comprehension isn't good.

Have you heard about lots of Moderna and Pfizer fully-vaccinated people being hospitalized and dying "the past few week", as you put it?

Links please, HMMMMM?

by Anonymousreply 216July 14, 2021 5:49 AM

No country in the world was "85% vaccinated," as OP stated Israel was. Untrue.

by Anonymousreply 217July 14, 2021 5:59 AM

Actually you are the one who preferred that cases of Covid and death soar , so YOU are Boris

by Anonymousreply 218July 14, 2021 6:10 AM

No more masks bitches!!!

by Anonymousreply 219July 14, 2021 6:17 AM

Mask on Bitches! Epsilon is here!

"When the researchers of the University of Washington in Seattle and Vir Biotechnology, scientists studied the variant's built and infection machinery and how it is different from the original coronavirus that started the pandemic, they found that they are responsible for rearrangement in critical areas of the spike protein. Some crucial structural changes were also noticed in the electron cryomicroscopy study.

The researchers used plasma from an already Covid-19 infected and recovered person and of a fully vaccinated person to understand the neutralizing event of the Epsilon variants on the antibodies present on the samples and found that their effectiveness was reduced to...

... 2 to 3.5 fold."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220July 14, 2021 6:27 AM

You are all disease spreading WHORES!!!!!!!!!!

Wear a mask, don't wear a mask, but just shut the fuck up!

by Anonymousreply 221July 14, 2021 6:28 AM

I got vaccinated months ago, stopped wearing masks as soon as the guidance indicated they are no longer needed for vaccinated people, and am going about my life. Some people just love drama and can't let go of this obsessive need to be superior to others and scold people for not living in their world of fear.

by Anonymousreply 222July 14, 2021 6:30 AM

Keep living that imaginary guidelines hon, Real data is showing mutations and breakthroughs

by Anonymousreply 223July 14, 2021 6:34 AM

This is just pandemic drama stirred by news outlets to get views/clicks now that they can't use Trump anymore. Just get the vaccine and do whatever you want. And until new guidelines come out, STFU already!

by Anonymousreply 224July 14, 2021 6:43 AM

No R223 real data is not showing that.

by Anonymousreply 225July 14, 2021 7:00 AM

Mutation means change. It does not mean a plunge into horrifying death on the sidewalk because you breathed in a particle of air when walking less than 20 feet away from someone not double masked.

by Anonymousreply 226July 14, 2021 7:01 AM

Check with Israel and see what they said R225

by Anonymousreply 227July 14, 2021 7:04 AM

Check reality R227. You have a chronic fear disorder. Get some help in dealing with your fear.

by Anonymousreply 228July 14, 2021 7:05 AM

Sounds like someone could not deal with the REAL data, so they have to resort to name calling. Go away, Boris.

by Anonymousreply 229July 14, 2021 7:10 AM

You are the one calling people names R229 and believing delusional fear media. Get help.

by Anonymousreply 230July 14, 2021 7:13 AM

PEOPLE!!!! Turn off CNN and CNBC for a month. Your life will improve greatly without the constant stream of ratings-driven fear, panic and sensationalism. Just try it.

by Anonymousreply 231July 14, 2021 7:20 AM

Numbers are real darling, just because you are blinding yourselves, it does not mean the comet is not crashing down.

by Anonymousreply 232July 14, 2021 7:22 AM

Why does mask-wearing annoy anti-maskers so much? They're common in Asian countries, and may become more common here.

How does this impact anyone else? What business is it of theirs what people choose to wear, for fuck sake?

And when you see someone with a mask, maybe they're undergoing chemo (1 out of 2 people will get cancer in their lifetime.) OR maybe someone in their family is having chemo. Or maybe they have severe allergies or asthma that's worsened by pollution or pollen or whatever. Maybe if they catch a cold, it could kill a fragile person in their family, or interfere with their caregiving...

I could go on and on. There are many reasons to wear masks that have nothing to do with covid -- and I'm glad it's becoming more common in this country. Wearing a mask never hurt anyone else. NOT wearing a mask can certainly hurt someone else.

by Anonymousreply 233July 14, 2021 7:30 AM

R223 the first coronavirus (SARS 1) also mutated, just like the new one (SARS 2), A it busted into a less transmissible form of itself and stopped spreading. You assume that mutation necessarily equals more deadly, but this delusional belief is not based in science or precedent, and reveals your true motivations, fear mongering.

by Anonymousreply 234July 14, 2021 7:39 AM

Yep, I have had friend in the hospital before with cancer and other stuff where they basically had no immune system. You cant go in their room without a mask. Some can even leave the hospital IF they keep a mask on so people should not assume its always about Covid.

by Anonymousreply 235July 14, 2021 7:39 AM

We've got Trump II here in the UK. We are about to embark on a mass infection exercise next week as restrictions are lifted, because BoJo doesn't have Tory votes to keep them in place. Our government's actions will result in more infections and more, avoidable, deaths.

by Anonymousreply 236July 14, 2021 7:45 AM

R234, REAL data in Israel are justifying my concerns, but of course, your main concern is spreading misinfo to infect Americans. Nice try, Boris.

by Anonymousreply 237July 14, 2021 7:55 AM

I will get my first shot on Tuesday. Looking forward to it. I'm 34. It was the first available slot. I'm in the last prioritized group. That's why it took so long.

by Anonymousreply 238July 14, 2021 10:31 AM

R233, it offends their politics. That's it. The only grief I've gotten for wearing a mask was from Trumpers.

by Anonymousreply 239July 14, 2021 1:52 PM

"4,100 people have been hospitalized or died with Covid breakthrough." Mask up please, everyone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240July 14, 2021 2:44 PM

R237 Yes, people get infected. Even in vaccinated people. Vaccines don't stop infection. It stops people from getting seriously ill and die. Remember, it isn't 100 % effective and it's especially weak in older people, like 90 year olds etc. That is why you will continue to see some people getting sick and die. But it's a lot less than if people hadn't get vaccinated. Most vaccinated people will get mild symptoms if they get infected, because the vaccines work in most people. But you have the mutations. The vaccines are less effective on them. Pfizer and Moderna were developed before the mutations. Pfizer have said they will tweak it and that some people will need a third booster dose. With all this said, vaccines prevent people from getting seriously ill and they prevent deaths. Please stop this anti-vaxx bullshit. Vaccines save lives.

by Anonymousreply 241July 14, 2021 2:57 PM

...AND keep that mask on. That's the most important part.

by Anonymousreply 242July 14, 2021 3:01 PM

4100 breakthrough cases leading to hospitalization or death out of 159,000,000 fully vaccinated Americans is .002 percent.

by Anonymousreply 243July 14, 2021 3:04 PM

It is the beginning of the end R243, viruses do grow exponentially

by Anonymousreply 244July 14, 2021 3:14 PM

The guy in OP's link has a weird belly bulge, as if his balls and cock are attached to his torso.

by Anonymousreply 245July 14, 2021 3:20 PM

There are more variants they just haven't discovered them yet, viruses mutate, that's how they survive.

by Anonymousreply 246July 14, 2021 3:21 PM

😷 [italic] Nobody Knows Nothin 'Bout The Corona

by Anonymousreply 247July 14, 2021 3:23 PM

😷 [italic] Nobody Knows Nothin 'Bout The Corona

by Anonymousreply 248July 14, 2021 3:24 PM

R246, I was listening to NPR a while back and a virologist said that the world was producing 3 new variants a day, at that time.

by Anonymousreply 249July 14, 2021 7:18 PM

And that is probably the case with all viruses (viri?), not just the virus that causes COVID.

by Anonymousreply 250July 14, 2021 7:20 PM

I think a public education campaign on PTSD is in order. There are obviously many people suffering from it, as evidenced by all the fear posts here and elsewhere. Common sense precautions are normal. Crossing over into irrational fear where the fear response is out of proportion compared to the actual risk is not.

by Anonymousreply 251July 14, 2021 7:32 PM

R249 I bet it's even more than that. They tend to the conservative side with things like this.

by Anonymousreply 252July 14, 2021 8:01 PM

Except the fear is real hon R251.

"4,100 people have been hospitalized or died with Covid breakthrough."

A fellow user Voice of The Night was infected with Covid TWICE, even though he was vaxxed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253July 14, 2021 9:56 PM

😷 Masks

🧤 Gloves

🤲 Sanitizer

[italic] Don't Leave Home Without Them

by Anonymousreply 254July 15, 2021 12:12 AM

If you're including mask-wearing in the "irrational fears" R251 - I feel much LESS fear when I'm wearing a mask.

by Anonymousreply 255July 15, 2021 1:39 AM

Yeah but Voice of the Night is an attention whore. Always has been.

by Anonymousreply 256July 15, 2021 2:28 AM

You can never win

by Anonymousreply 257July 15, 2021 2:53 AM

Plus isn't VOTN a doctor, anyway? So it's not like he's a typical DL shut-in who got infected, vaxxed and reinfected just shuffling out to the fence line to feed the feral cats.

by Anonymousreply 258July 15, 2021 2:54 AM

That proves even docs are not invincible with covid

by Anonymousreply 259July 15, 2021 5:44 AM

Why would doctors, of all people, be invincible? They're around people with Covid, or around people who are around people with it.

by Anonymousreply 260July 15, 2021 5:47 AM

Doc typically show up for 3 min top, it is mostly nurses, most doc have their own little private space now to do work in Covid time to limit exposure.

by Anonymousreply 261July 15, 2021 6:00 AM

R208, 212, you just keep on wearing your little masks or better yet, just hide under bed for the rest of your life. I'm vaccinated and there will be NO more mask wearing for me!!

by Anonymousreply 262July 15, 2021 8:16 PM

It sad to see so many mask loving, nervous nellies here on DL.

by Anonymousreply 263July 15, 2021 8:20 PM

^^^Gay men have never been known to be very stable.

by Anonymousreply 264July 15, 2021 8:23 PM

It's some form of too much covid disaster porn, along with a political statement, R263.

by Anonymousreply 265July 15, 2021 8:27 PM

It's called virtue signalling. Self righteous people love to do it.

by Anonymousreply 266July 15, 2021 8:28 PM

The rep at my bank this afternoon was wearing two masks! He was clearly over 12, so I suppose it could've been medical issue, but seemed healthy enough to me (able to work a full time job), so I took it as a political starement.

by Anonymousreply 267July 15, 2021 8:31 PM

All the mockery of mask wearers sounds like Trump supporters last year and the mockers now probably all voted for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 268July 15, 2021 8:36 PM

A while back, they did a survey asking what respondents felt was the "threat level" for various covid-related issues. Self-identified Democrats answered in some cases 20x more dire than the actual situation.

Moreover, vaccinated folks, even if unlucky enough to experience covid breakthrough, would have a weaker case (lower viral load) that's less easily transmitted.

by Anonymousreply 269July 15, 2021 8:56 PM

WTF do you mean by "the actual situation?".

just wear a mask indoors. Think of others not just yourself.

by Anonymousreply 270July 15, 2021 9:28 PM

Questions like "how many do far in this age range have been admitted to ICU?" Whatever the factual number at the time was, the Dem average response was 20x higher.

"Think of others" is a slogan to instill a sense of permanent guilt.

by Anonymousreply 271July 15, 2021 9:38 PM

No, bitch. It means stop the. virus globally. You've shown yourself to be a senseless troll,

by Anonymousreply 272July 15, 2021 10:02 PM

R263 LA County has now returned to mask mandate, this is not irrational hysteria

by Anonymousreply 273July 15, 2021 10:12 PM

Yes, it still is R273. LA County is over-reacting. The people getting infected and ill are UNVACCINATED. People who have declined to be vaccinated need to take steps to protect themselves like stay home until they wise up and get vaccinated. The rest of should not have to start having restrictions because of their stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 274July 16, 2021 1:14 AM

People who are vaccinated generally don't get sick if exposed to the virus. True they can probably pass it on to others. But as long as everyone is vaccinated it's not an issue. People who refuse to take the vaccine need to quarantine until the pandemic over or until they get their ignorant asses vaccinated. Enough of this bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 275July 16, 2021 1:20 AM

Either get vaccinated or assume the risk of your stupidity. Nobody else should cater to your stupidity or adjust their lives because you are stupid.

by Anonymousreply 276July 16, 2021 1:39 AM

[quote]just wear a mask indoors. Think of others not just yourself.

The people who need to start thinking of others are the ones who are causing this surge....the unvaccinated. If they had just been vaccinated we would not be in this situation.

by Anonymousreply 277July 16, 2021 1:44 AM

Oh OK, so I am supposed to trust the opinion of some randos on DL ( who is likely Boris) over LA's finest with education and experience. Dream on.

by Anonymousreply 278July 16, 2021 2:04 AM

You should probably back off the Boris accusations until you learn to write sentences that aren’t in broken English, OP/R278.

by Anonymousreply 279July 16, 2021 2:09 AM

So the people who are unvaccinated are actually expected to mask up? Good luck with that.

by Anonymousreply 280July 16, 2021 2:12 AM

You should probably back off the vague Boris accusations until you learn to stop farting Putin's propaganda R279

by Anonymousreply 281July 16, 2021 2:16 AM

[quote] If you're including mask-wearing in the "irrational fears" [R251] - I feel much LESS fear when I'm wearing a mask.

Deciding to do something based on how you feel = irrational.

by Anonymousreply 282July 16, 2021 2:16 AM

Telling people it is ok to stop wearing mask in a middle of an airborne pandemic = irrational

by Anonymousreply 283July 16, 2021 2:22 AM

[quote] But as long as everyone is vaccinated it's not an issue.

If only. In my central Ohio county the vaccination rate is 43%.

by Anonymousreply 284July 16, 2021 2:47 AM

[quote]How can it be herd immunity if it is still there in the herd and doubling everyday?

[quote]His rhetoric are basically: you die not my fault, no one cares about Trumper's kids.

[quote]Oh, nothing R197, it's just proof that you are a troll noise, so everyone needs to ignore you and KEEP THAT MASK ON.

[quote]Doc typically show up for 3 min top, it is mostly nurses, most doc have their own little private space now to do work in Covid time to limit exposure.

A reminder that all of these were written by OP, whose limited command of the English language marks him either as a foreign troll or deeply stupid. Either way, he spouts lies constantly in order to spread fear and disinformation about the efficacy of the vaccines, and that’s why his first thread was deservedly nuked out of existence.

Get a vaccine if you haven’t. Wear a mask if it makes you feel comfortable. And ignore everything this vile troll has to say.

by Anonymousreply 285July 16, 2021 2:48 AM

Vaccine is not as powerful as they touted back in November.

by Anonymousreply 286July 16, 2021 2:49 AM

Yet, R285, the pandemic is not over, LA County is now back with mask mandate, Cases are rising in US, Breakthroughs are rampant. My projection from Israel data from weeks ago came true.

by Anonymousreply 287July 16, 2021 3:01 AM

And you sound positively gleeful whenever you have to deliver whatever dire prediction you have, which makes you a troll no matter whether it’s because you’re posting foreign disinformation or are merely a panic addict who just happens to have trouble conjugating verbs, using common idioms and understanding basic usage of punctuation marks.

by Anonymousreply 288July 16, 2021 5:31 AM

Breakthrough infections are not "rampant". Just stop. Get help with your PTSD hon. Vaccinated people are NOT getting seriously ill with COVID. It is only the idiots who refuse to get vaccinated. They made their choice, now they can live with the consequences.

by Anonymousreply 289July 16, 2021 5:56 AM

R288 It is not disinformation if the prediction cones true, unlike the fart noises you make R288

by Anonymousreply 290July 16, 2021 7:48 AM

R287, breakthroughs are not rampant and Israel's figures are below what the health ministry had predicted a couple of weeks ago. Hospitalisations are low and deaths incredibly low. Israel has reinstated its mask mandate.

by Anonymousreply 291July 16, 2021 8:07 AM

R286, the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are very powerful. The virus has mutated into new, stronger variants, however, which has lowered effectiveness a little, but the vaccines still work very well. There are some breakthroughs but not that many and most new cases are unvaccinated.

That said, people should still wear masks indoors and take other precautions.

by Anonymousreply 292July 16, 2021 8:12 AM

Not good.

Covid cases, deaths rising in U.S., as CDC warns of 'pandemic of the unvaccinated'

Low vaccination coverage in parts of the U.S. is putting people at risk, the head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293July 16, 2021 7:15 PM

Holy shit you idiots need to learn the difference between airborne and droplet. COVID is a droplet like the flu, not an airborne disease like TB. If it was airborne, anything other than an N95 would've been useless. But good to know DL epidemiologists and virologists who don't know the difference are spouting facts and think they know more than a whole team at the CDC.

by Anonymousreply 294July 16, 2021 7:23 PM

CNN)With Covid-19 cases rising in all 50 states, health officials say it's clear that unvaccinated people are both driving the increase in cases and are most at risk. "This is becoming a pandemic of the unvaccinated," US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Dr. Rochelle Walensky said during Friday's White House Covid-19 briefing.

"We are seeing outbreaks of cases in parts of the country that have low vaccination coverage because unvaccinated people are at risk," Walensky said. Meantime, "communities that are fully vaccinated are generally faring well."

by Anonymousreply 295July 16, 2021 7:29 PM

[quote]Yeah but Voice of the Night is an attention whore. Always has been.

Indeed. Total narcissist who comes to DL for supply when it's running low elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 296July 16, 2021 7:30 PM

R294 Covid IS airborne

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297July 16, 2021 7:39 PM

"The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine is 'weaker' against the Indian 'Delta' variant than health officials had hoped"

Mask on people

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298July 17, 2021 6:39 AM

LA is going back into mask lock down this Sunday. All indoor public places must wear a mask whether you are vaccinated or not. Yes, it's true ALL the infections in LA this past week have been people who never got vaccinated. So why make everyone else do the mask thing? Simple, if we go back to the honor system, all anit-Vaxxers/Trumptards will go unmasked. Honor is not in their vocabulary. They don't give a shit about other people or playing by the rules, they are un-American wrapped in a flag. End result is we all suffer keeping this virus thing going. So if you are going to act like children, then you need to be treated like them. - Your elected officials.

by Anonymousreply 299July 17, 2021 7:15 AM

R297, I like that argument for clean air. There's a lot of illegal air quality already (from pollution) and it makes sense it should apply for viruses too.

by Anonymousreply 300July 17, 2021 7:25 AM

UK health secretary Sajid Javid has tested positive for covid despite being double jabbed since May.

by Anonymousreply 301July 17, 2021 1:59 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302July 17, 2021 4:10 PM

OK, anti-mask troll open your eyes and absorb this:

The vaccine is NOT a cure, it is harm reduction, you can still get it "asymptomatic", that is why you wear a mask to stop YOU from spreading it unknowingly post-vaxxed

Plenty of Trumpers children, immuno-compromised people, and elders cannot be vaxxed or the vaxxed would not work well on them due to weak immune system. SO have a heart, wear a mask, and stop massacring fellow Americans

Stop that theoretical best case scenario of herd immunity. Come to the REAL world, where people in the community are refusing the vaccine and stoking the virus evolution cycle, that is the truth and the only truth. This will render the vaccine ineffective. REAL data is estimating 2-3 fold reduction of effectiveness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303July 17, 2021 10:43 PM

I saw more masks today at the grocery store. A few days ago, I saw two other people wearing one. 99% did not.

by Anonymousreply 304July 17, 2021 11:02 PM

I'm going grocery shopping tonight and NOT wearing a mask. The rules don't start until 11:59pm tonight. And I am vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 305July 17, 2021 11:31 PM

R301, Javid is a moron who says we have to "learn to live with Covid" and has ordered all anti-Covid measures to be lifted on Monday.

by Anonymousreply 306July 18, 2021 12:18 AM

UK sounds like it has more Deplorables than America. Good Bye UK. Nice knowing you.

by Anonymousreply 307July 19, 2021 11:36 AM

[quote] SO have a heart, wear a mask, and stop massacring fellow Americans

When you use ridiculous hyperbole like this, your entire argument goes right out the window.

by Anonymousreply 308July 21, 2021 1:11 PM

Older people have significantly lower vax affinity, they can get breakthrough infection from whatever asymptomatic bug from you. Obviously, you are too much of an A-hole o perceive that R308

by Anonymousreply 309July 21, 2021 1:55 PM

Yeah, because that’s what you meant when you said “stop mAsSaCrInG pEoPlE!!1!1!!!1”

by Anonymousreply 310July 21, 2021 2:03 PM

Fact, breakthrough infection is happening R310. Your dreamland maskless scenario is crumbling everyday, as my projection from Israel is growing stronger with each breakthrough infections, FACT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311July 21, 2021 2:09 PM

Goy my first jab yesterday and now I feel sick. Headache, dizzy, nauseous, sore arm. Thankfully no fever though. Despite this I don't regret it for a second. Can't wait to be fully vaccinated. A few days of discomfort is better than catching covid.

by Anonymousreply 312July 21, 2021 2:11 PM

R44 Trashed me like a Boris, just ask Infected Steve Grand how right I was a month ago . "Delta variant is driving large number of breakthrough cases in Provincetown"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313July 21, 2021 2:19 PM

[quote]Your dreamland maskless scenario is crumbling everyday

As if we didn't need more evidence that OP is a disgusting troll, his posts now read like a villain from a bad eighties action movie.

by Anonymousreply 314July 21, 2021 6:12 PM

Attention, OP, fuck right off!

by Anonymousreply 315July 21, 2021 6:21 PM

Meanwhile, you Are still wrong R314. Keep that mask ON

by Anonymousreply 316July 21, 2021 6:43 PM

...or what?

by Anonymousreply 317July 21, 2021 6:46 PM

Mask mandates will be back because while you might not care about the unvaccinated getting sick and dying, the governments and health care systems have to care and there is no way, it seems, to know who is and isn't vaccinated in this high tech world we live in, so the only way to make the unvaccinated wear a fucking mask is to make everyone wear a mask.

Remember back to being a kid when one asshole in a class would ruin it for everyone along the lines of 'if you all can't stay quiet, no one gets to go to recess'? Those assholes grew up to be anti-vax Trumper assholes.

by Anonymousreply 318July 21, 2021 6:58 PM

Honestly R317, how many rubles do you get? Or you just crave Putin's cock that much?

by Anonymousreply 319July 21, 2021 7:27 PM

Mask mandates won't be back, not in the US.

by Anonymousreply 320July 21, 2021 7:27 PM

It IS already back in LA, anti-mask troll is so delusional

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321July 21, 2021 7:31 PM

[quote]Attention everyone, Just because you are vaccinated, it does not mean you are posing Zero threat from Covid

After all this time, English STILL is challenging you, OP?

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 322July 21, 2021 7:43 PM

Ugly mask-obsessed troll thinks that everyone lives in the shithole that is LA.

by Anonymousreply 323July 21, 2021 7:44 PM

R323 Ugly anti-mask troll thinks that the Gulag is the height of civilization

by Anonymousreply 324July 21, 2021 7:54 PM

R332, OP will no doubt reply to you with something like "No ? oh dear you , Are very Boris and no Write english . Mask On!"

by Anonymousreply 325July 21, 2021 8:50 PM

Yup DL fave and icon Steve Grand got it while in P-Town. Somebody didn’t wash their hands before 👊

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326July 21, 2021 10:43 PM

Oh Steve

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327July 21, 2021 10:44 PM

[quote]Fun fact: Covid eats the brain in asymptotic and symptomatic. The kids who have been exposed will have issues 20 years from now.

Great. Long-term brain damage = more Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 328July 21, 2021 10:48 PM

[quote]When you use ridiculous hyperbole like this, your entire argument goes right out the window.

Well lets see, the Boston Massacre was a total of 5 people. There's now over 600,000 dead in the US just from one single virus. Most of which was preventable. I think a massacre is not out of line in terms of a statuette. Even with 300 million people in the US, that number is not normal for a single event.

by Anonymousreply 329July 22, 2021 4:10 AM

Keep that mask on! Get your freak off!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330July 22, 2021 4:13 AM

Numero Uno again! USA! USA! USA!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331July 22, 2021 4:18 AM

It’s shocking to me people without masks.

by Anonymousreply 332July 22, 2021 1:14 PM

So collapse on your fainting couch.

by Anonymousreply 333July 22, 2021 1:56 PM

R333, how does one type with one's head so far up one's ass?

by Anonymousreply 334July 22, 2021 2:10 PM

We went massless in our province a couple weeks ago. Also ditched gathering size restrictions. I noticed at first, about 90% of people in stores, etc., still wore masks. Now, I’d say it’s down to about 50%. Yesterday, we had our first big bump in covid cases in a couple months. It’ll be interesting to see if that was a blip or the beginning of a trend.

by Anonymousreply 335July 22, 2021 2:16 PM

They should've never lifted some of the restrictions, like masks. Even if there's a small number of breakthroughs, between the vaccinated getting it still, and the unvaccinated getting it, there very well could be a mutation that can get around the vaccine. The virus is learning every time its passed around.

I know several people with long haul symptoms and so far, many months later, their lives are radically changed -- they are now basically disabled. It didn't take getting ill from covid to suffer like that, nor were they suffering from other health issues before that. Just having it in them was enough. It's heartbreaking listening to them talk about the health problems, constant appointments with doctors, and costs.

by Anonymousreply 336July 22, 2021 2:46 PM

It's going to be a dark fall/winter.

by Anonymousreply 337July 22, 2021 2:50 PM

Nah, it'll be fine, Chicken Little.

by Anonymousreply 338July 22, 2021 3:55 PM

I got vaxxed, now you get vaxxed or just die, it's your choice.

by Anonymousreply 339July 22, 2021 4:22 PM

I got vaxxed, now you get vaxxed or just die, it's your choice.

by Anonymousreply 340July 22, 2021 4:23 PM

Britain's reopening continues to go swimmingly:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341July 22, 2021 4:57 PM

R338/R339 are like toddlers sitting there covering their eyes and thinking you can't see them anymore.

by Anonymousreply 342July 22, 2021 6:14 PM

Israel study finds vaccines are just 40% effective against symptomatic cases when Delta is predominant, still very effective against hospitalization and severe disease:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343July 22, 2021 7:09 PM

Wow throwaway accounts R338/R339 ? As if we need more evidence anti-mask troll is Boris

by Anonymousreply 344July 22, 2021 7:40 PM

[quote] Well lets see, the Boston Massacre was a total of 5 people. There's now over 600,000 dead in the US just from one single virus. Most of which was preventable. I think a massacre is not out of line in terms of a statuette.

Is English really your first language?

by Anonymousreply 345July 22, 2021 8:21 PM

I'll say it for the billionth time. Arenas, theaters, amphitheater and stadiums are STILL being crammed with people for the all mighty dollar! Why? Where are the leaders? Why is this still okay by the health officials to this very minute?

by Anonymousreply 346July 22, 2021 8:34 PM

Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer said the increase is normal given the continued rise in the number of people who are getting fully vaccinated.

She also stressed that fully vaccinated people who become infected generally have extremely mild cases -- a benefit the vaccines have always promised.

"Very few of them ended up hospitalized, and even smaller numbers ended up passing away,' Ferrer said. "So yes, if you are fully vaccinated you have a lot of protection, which is what the vaccines have always been best at -- protecting people from serious illness and death. And these vaccines, even with the Delta variant, are holding up really well.'

She said the fact that people who are fully vaccinated are still getting infected should not be viewed as the shots being ineffective, and should not be used as an excuse for people to avoid getting the shots.

"While seat belts don't prevent every bad thing that can happen during a car accident, they do provide excellent protection, so much so that we all use them routinely,' she said. "It wouldn't really make sense to not use a seat belt just because it doesn't prevent all injuries from car accidents. Rejecting a COVID vaccine because they don't offer 100% protection really ignores the powerful benefits we've experienced from those people who have gotten vaccinated."

by Anonymousreply 347July 23, 2021 5:00 AM

r347, we know all of that. My point was at r346 was there are MANY unvaxed assholes out there keeping this virus going. WHY tempt these cunts with concerts and sporting event? This is why a vax passport should have been required to get into venues. This is an unending cycle because Americans are liars first.

Plus, no one knows what is going to happen to vaxed people 3 years from now who get a breakthrough illness NOW.

On the news today there was a doctor in Missouri stating "we have unvaxed people running around this country BEHAVING as they were vaxed people. Why? Why are we letting this happen right in front of us." SHE'S CORRECT! Restrictions on unvaxed cunts needs to start asap.

by Anonymousreply 348July 23, 2021 5:29 AM

R347 Bull, breakthrough is totally happ happ rn, just check with Pelosi's vaxxed but infected staffer. You better roll with us and mask it up, or get lost, loser.

by Anonymousreply 349July 23, 2021 5:54 AM

That quote was from the public health director for LA county R349. She knows far more about this than you do.

by Anonymousreply 350July 23, 2021 6:02 AM

Whatev R350 Call me when the mask mandate is lifted in LA. Til then, mask on

by Anonymousreply 351July 23, 2021 6:04 AM

This thread is about vaccinations not masking. Try to keep up.

by Anonymousreply 352July 23, 2021 6:19 AM

Most of the Marys screeching about Covid just don't want to go back to the office and work with the 'fraus'. So they want to keep blowing on the pandemic fire.

For better or worse, the world has decided to move forward. I suggest you do the same.

by Anonymousreply 353July 23, 2021 6:22 AM

I agree R353.

by Anonymousreply 354July 23, 2021 6:26 AM

Uh no, I am the OP, and this thread is about masking, vax or no vax.

by Anonymousreply 355July 23, 2021 6:27 AM

Well the title says "....just because you are VACCINATED...." So there's that...

by Anonymousreply 356July 23, 2021 6:29 AM

GOP Governor of Alabama speaks some truth:

"Folks are supposed to have common sense. But it’s time to start blaming the unvaccinated folks, not the vaccinated folks. It’s the unvaccinated folks that are letting us down,” she said. “I’ve done all I know how to do. I can encourage you to do something but I can’t make you take care of yourself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357July 23, 2021 11:26 AM

Why can't they force people to get the vaccine? They can force people to fight in a war. They can force people to wear seatbelts. They can force people to cook food to a certain temperature in restaurants so customers won't get sick. They can force people to evacuate their homes. Why the fuck can't they force them to get a vaccine for public health? If nothing else, start fining the unvaccinated and doubling the rate they pay for health insurance. Fire them from their jobs. Ban them from all public venues.

by Anonymousreply 358July 23, 2021 1:44 PM

My body, my choice, R358!

Oh, wait a minute ...

by Anonymousreply 359July 23, 2021 1:47 PM

Vaxxed breakthrough is not the issue here, much as the terror-porn crowd who can't let this go proclaim that. Those folks overwhelmingly face "the flu" with little or no symptoms (with very, very rare exceptions). They are unlikely to spread it, absent close regular contact (family members) as the viral load is low. Their biggest risk is probably infecting their ineligible children. Even if 12% of vaxxed test positive, that means the vaccines are working exactly as they should! STOP fixating on this as End Times fodder!

There is no way to "force" the refuseniks to comply. Moreover, they're starting to come around slowly, but it takes six weeks from first shot to be fully immunized, like love... you can't hurry that.

by Anonymousreply 360July 23, 2021 2:20 PM

uh No, breakthrough Í happening R360:

"At least 71 people who have been fully vaccinated in Massachusetts have died after testing positive for a breakthrough COVID-19 case, the Herald has learned.

New data from the state Department of Public Health reveals COVID vaccine breakthrough infections pose a real danger:

As of June 19, a total of 3,907 breakthrough cases had been reported to DPH. On that date, nearly 4.1 million Bay State residents were fully vaccinated. Out of the 3,907 breakthrough infections, a total of 71 people died and 268 people were hospitalized. Breaking that down further: 216 people were hospitalized; 52 were hospitalized and later died; and 19 people died without going to the hospital."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361July 23, 2021 3:19 PM

[quote]uh No, breakthrough Í happening

OP, whatever third-rate translation service you're using is broken.

[quote]Mák UP

It's REALLY broken.

[quote]Bull, breakthrough is totally happ happ rn, just check with Pelosi's vaxxed but infected staffer. You better roll with us and mask it up, or get lost, loser.

It's REALLY broken and you're a fucking asshole.

by Anonymousreply 362July 23, 2021 6:46 PM

Thank you R361.

by Anonymousreply 363July 23, 2021 6:53 PM

R362 blah blah blah I cannot stop vomitting bullshit Wah Wah Wah

by Anonymousreply 364July 23, 2021 7:16 PM

Our mayor just announced a mask advisory due to the increased covid cases and very low vaccination rate.

I will not wear a mask until they stop church and sports activities, why should I have to mask up while people go to watch a game or cough all over each other at church while not vaccinated??

Why should I have to protect people who just won't get vaccinated because of politics? And if you can't be vaccinated because of medical reasons, then keep your ass at home, that is how it is for you. I not going to mask up while you go to church and ball games with no vaccination. Fuck you unvaccinated cunts.

by Anonymousreply 365July 23, 2021 7:45 PM

Except, r361:

[quote]The first people in Massachusetts were fully vaccinated as of early January. There have been 5,057 COVID deaths since then, of which 4,986 people were unvaccinated and 71 people were fully vaccinated.

Those 71 fully vaccinated were most likely very old and/or had comorbidities. This article is also a little confused.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366July 23, 2021 8:05 PM

Enough!^

by Anonymousreply 367July 23, 2021 8:22 PM

[quote]I will not wear a mask until they stop church and sports activities, why should I have to mask up while people go to watch a game or cough all over each other at church while not vaccinated??

I can practically hear your feet stamping!

by Anonymousreply 368July 23, 2021 8:32 PM

R365 Typical right wing "Got Mine" bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 369July 23, 2021 8:52 PM

R366 ask Steve Grand if he is very old.

by Anonymousreply 370July 23, 2021 9:30 PM

I’m not him, r369, but that’s a bullshit accusation.

I got my shot, they didn’t get theirs even though there’s no reason why they can’t or won’t and expect me to go above and beyond to protect them regardless of their stupidity when they didn’t have the same courtesy toward me last year. Fuck that.

by Anonymousreply 371July 23, 2021 9:53 PM

Did Steve Grand die of Covid, r370?

by Anonymousreply 372July 23, 2021 9:56 PM

[quote]expect me to go above and beyond

Above and beyond? What a fucking drama queen. Grow up. Putting on a mask when you are indoors around other people is not going above and beyond. It's barely "going" at all.

by Anonymousreply 373July 23, 2021 10:06 PM

St. Louis reimposes a mask mandate:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374July 23, 2021 11:45 PM

NYT: New York City’s mayor warned on Friday that coronavirus vaccine mandates — including one for indoor dining — might be needed to encourage more residents to get inoculated to help combat the spread of the Delta variant.

Mayor Bill de Blasio said that he wanted to consider requiring vaccination for people to participate in some indoor activities, like dining in restaurants, and mandating that more city employees get vaccinated or regularly tested. He also encouraged private employers to require their workers to get vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 375July 23, 2021 11:49 PM

Let's blame the unvax, Just like your fellow rightwinger, AL Governor Kay Ivey R371

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376July 24, 2021 9:04 AM

Riiiight. Cause it’s the damn vaccinated people who are causing the spread.

You’re even dumber than I thought.

by Anonymousreply 377July 25, 2021 12:07 PM

Uh, re the article about the Massachusets breakthrough infections, under 4,000 breakthroughs out of 4 million vaccinations is a FANTASTIC result.

The Phase 3 trials suggested Pfizer was 90-95% effective, but in the face of the Delta variant scientists said its protection could go as low as 80-85%. My math isn't great, but I think even at 95%, that's 20,000 breakthroughs you'd expect. OK, so not every susceptible person gets exposed to the virus, but where case numbers remain high in the community, especially with the Delta variant, 4,000 breakthroughs is way fewer than you'd expect.

Pfizer claims an ALMOST 100% rate of guarding against serious disease and death. 71 out of 4 million is less than 0.002%. Certainly it sucks to be one of those individuals, but these figures prove the vaccine works better than its maker predicted, not worse.

by Anonymousreply 378July 25, 2021 1:01 PM

R378 Yeah, sure let's stoke the virus evolution cycle by not wearing mask, vaxx or not. It is like you want us all to die.

by Anonymousreply 379July 25, 2021 11:21 PM

There is ZERO reason to not wear a mask inside places with other people around while Covid is still at community spread level. ZERO.

by Anonymousreply 380July 26, 2021 12:38 AM

Wear your ask. I was made fun of because I wore mine but wear it.

by Anonymousreply 381July 26, 2021 12:59 AM

R378 "guarding against serious disease and death." your words not mine. This covid is essentially a systematic disease and has insane after effects. You are certifiable to tell everyone it is OK to be unmasked after 2 shot, the brain fog and heart issues are real for patients after mild covid time. A woman went insane and tried to kill her child after covid, she is now in a nut house. But I guess it does not matter, since weak America = good for Putin.

by Anonymousreply 382July 26, 2021 6:07 AM

Stop spouting bullshit on DL R382. Just because you post a bunch of made up shit online, that doesn't make it true. Just stop.

by Anonymousreply 383July 26, 2021 6:16 AM

R383 Brain fog and heart disease post-Covid is real, but of course weak Americans are good for Putin's world domination.

by Anonymousreply 384July 26, 2021 6:39 AM

r378 You are right - your math isn't very good. If a vaccine is 95 percent effective, that means that for 4 million vaccinations there are 200,000 failures. But you are also right that the number of breakthrough deaths and hospitalizations are amazingly low.

by Anonymousreply 385July 26, 2021 7:00 AM

Where did anyone read that I said not to wear a mask? I'm vaccinated with Pfizer and I wear a mask whenever I'm indoors in a public place.

All I said was that the stats the OTHER crazy group on here was giving to "show" the vaccines didn't work were counter to their aims.

I'll take your word for it, R385, but if you're right then the vaccine is doing more than ten times better than claimed. BUT YOU SHOULD STILL WEAR A MASK, YOU LOONIES.

by Anonymousreply 386July 26, 2021 8:30 AM

The BS people spout on these COVID threads! Some of you are several crayons short of a 64 box.

by Anonymousreply 387July 26, 2021 8:47 PM

Obviously as Putin's mouthpiece, R387 has to make sure American get covid and be crippled as much as possible.

by Anonymousreply 388July 26, 2021 9:19 PM

R388 is an example of what I was referring to.....she/it thinks that anyone with critical thinking skills and common sense must somehow be a "Putin mouthpiece". WTF does that even mean? It means she/it is retarded and a troll. That's what it means. So fuck right off R388.

by Anonymousreply 389July 27, 2021 6:35 AM

Oh classic Boris's gaslighting tactic, we are very much aware of the misinformation campaign your troll farm engages in. It is so funny that you come alive during Moscow's morning time. Try Parler honey, we are too smart for your ilk. R389

by Anonymousreply 390July 27, 2021 6:50 AM

It seems you doth protest too much R390. Perhaps that is a reflection on what YOU are up to. Hmmm....

by Anonymousreply 391July 27, 2021 7:32 AM

Oopsies! R390 just outed herself as a Putin troll! LMFAO. Honey you are so obvious trying to deflect attention from yourself. How many rubles did you get paid to post that shit? You're not fooling anyone.

by Anonymousreply 392July 27, 2021 7:35 AM

R391 / R392 Except my info is gold, my projection from the Israel data is proven correct with P-town cluster. My masking suggestion is proven to be wise council as LA and P-town are doing mask mandate. Of course, your trolling misinfo is the other kind of "gold", so now you are blasting troll accusation instead of fighting with real data. Go away, Borises, no one wants to play.

by Anonymousreply 393July 27, 2021 7:42 AM

The efficacy rate teeters from 30-64% for Delta which means there’s a good chance you’ll get it anyways and suffer a range from asymptomatic to flu like symptoms that could possibly land you in the hospital. But yet everyday there is some news or media article twisting it that the vaccine is all you need as a panacea against upcoming threats and boosters are still up in the air…

I wish they would stop playing these games and confusing the public. That’s the worst thing during a public health crisis

by Anonymousreply 394July 27, 2021 7:47 AM

R394 It is all politics and optics, unfortunately R394. We must be wise and mask up.

by Anonymousreply 395July 27, 2021 7:49 AM

R393 if your shit looks like gold you have some disease. Maybe hepatitis? Liver failure? Might wanna get that checked hon.

by Anonymousreply 396July 27, 2021 7:58 AM

The only people who need to wear masks are the DORIS DUMBFUCKS who refuse to get vaccinated. If they get sick oh well. They have a tool to prevent it (hello, it's called VACCINES) and if they fail to use the tools readily available they can deal with the consequences. The rest of us need to get on with life. Fuck the unvaccinated dumbfucks.

by Anonymousreply 397July 27, 2021 8:00 AM

R396 Blah blah blah I got nothing Wah wah wah

by Anonymousreply 398July 27, 2021 8:02 AM

Correct, "you got nothing" R398. So just shutup now Boris.

by Anonymousreply 399July 27, 2021 8:04 AM

Oh please, R399, just ask Steve Grand and P-town bears if they were vaxxed when they got infected and see how right I was, am, and will be.

by Anonymousreply 400July 27, 2021 8:36 AM

[quote]The only people who need to wear masks are the DORIS DUMBFUCKS who refuse to get vaccinated

Not true, P-Town Mayor was on TV just the other day complaining about all the unmasked /unvaccinated tourist infecting the locals. 30% of those who got Covid were vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 401July 27, 2021 9:22 AM

Oh what is that the CDC saying now? Who's the troll, now hmmm? R399

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402July 27, 2021 7:58 PM

You have always been and will always be a troll R402.

by Anonymousreply 403July 27, 2021 9:00 PM

Awww, Don't be a sore loser R403 dear. It is not comely.

by Anonymousreply 404July 27, 2021 9:01 PM

You must have been looking in the mirror when you posted that weak post R404, little trollie. Now move it along, toots.

by Anonymousreply 405July 27, 2021 9:04 PM

Well gloating time is over, go peddle your Russian propaganda elsewhere R405. It is clear you want Americans crippled after Covid for Putin. But, CDC is clear, Mask UP, so we can crush russkie trolls like R405

by Anonymousreply 406July 27, 2021 9:08 PM

'Bout time:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407July 27, 2021 11:47 PM

NYC gay bars (Monster, Gym bar, Eagle, the Cock) required proof of vaccination for a hot minute then quietly dropped it.

Personally I won't be back until they bring those requirements back. Yeah, the infection risk for the vaccinated is low - for now.

by Anonymousreply 408July 27, 2021 11:52 PM

Fail again @R406. You are the most pathetic troll hon. Slinging "Boris!" and "Putin!" accusations at someone who has different opinions than your sheeple views is pathetic and the definition of troll. Get a life. And go fuck yourself.

by Anonymousreply 409July 28, 2021 6:14 AM

R409 Oh look, she is back, right on Moscow morning time. Go away, Boris, no one wants to play. CDC has now agreed with me, that is all I need.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410July 28, 2021 6:25 AM

The Boris Troll @ R410 is such a waste of air. Go away troll.

by Anonymousreply 411July 28, 2021 6:26 AM

Oh look, she got nothing to back her anti-mask regime. Go away, Boris R411, no one wants to play.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 412July 28, 2021 6:29 AM

Go away troll R412. Nobody gives a shit about your copy and paste fear porn.

by Anonymousreply 413July 28, 2021 7:03 AM

How about you both fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 414July 28, 2021 8:46 AM

How about you as well R414.

by Anonymousreply 415July 28, 2021 7:56 PM

Read on yesterday's Daily Kos that even the mildest or asymptomatic cases of Covid are leaving many men with long term erectile dysfunction and infertility due to lowering their sperm count. All in all a very good thing to happen to Trumpers and those who are too selfish and moronic to get fully vaccinated or wear a mask and distance and wash their goddam hands. I've always felt those kind of people should not be allowed to breed and maybe now their own idiocy is taking care of that. I hope it's doing something similar to the women too.

Too tired to go there now. If you want to read the entire article just go to the Daily Kos and look for articles dated yesterday.

Or just Google it.

by Anonymousreply 416July 28, 2021 8:25 PM

Preach R416!

by Anonymousreply 417July 28, 2021 8:58 PM

[Quote] NYC gay bars (Monster, Gym bar, Eagle, the Cock) required proof of vaccination for a hot minute then quietly dropped it. Personally I won't be back until they bring those requirements back.

r408, here's the problem with that. The person/people working the door are the one who are "checking" the vax cards/id/or whatever have to actually check them. Here's an example, I live in LA and at Staples Center last week 40,000 people over 3 days watched truck rallies inside the venue. The rule was to show your proof of vax or covid test 72 hours before and you can get in. If you read on Staples Centers social media the majority of comments were, "they never checked anything covid related at the door. The staff were more concerned in with the size of bags people were carrying into the arena than anything else. How fucking pathetic that? The correct policies falling through the system. This is part of the reason we will never end this pandemic. It's BASIC common sense but the US is infested with fucktards in every state. The unvaccinated should be banned from everything fun until they are vaxed!

by Anonymousreply 418July 29, 2021 6:42 PM

by Anonymousreply 419July 29, 2021 10:48 PM

R419 stop mumbling. Spit it out.

by Anonymousreply 420July 29, 2021 10:50 PM

WaPo: The delta variant appears to cause more severe illness than earlier variants and spreads as easily as chickenpox, according to an internal federal health document that argues officials must “acknowledge the war has changed.”

by Anonymousreply 421July 30, 2021 1:09 AM

R2 Israel was the first country to reach the most vaccinated people and still is, but people somehow started assuming that the whole country was vaccinated, or that a very small percentage wasn't. As of right now, 59% of Israel is fully vaccinated. A country needs between 70-75% vaccination rates to officially reach herd immunity. Are vaccinated people catching COVID-19? Yes. But the ratio to unvaccinated people is lower. Vaccinated people who are getting COVID-19 are mostly asymptomatic, and the ones who are symptomatic are getting mild symptoms for no more than 2 days. The vaccinated people who are dying is because of an underlying condition.

by Anonymousreply 422July 30, 2021 1:27 AM

The worst thing about this thread is reading all of the OP’s broken-English posts.

by Anonymousreply 423July 30, 2021 2:54 AM

The worst thing about this thread is reading all of r423'S Russian propaganda

by Anonymousreply 424July 30, 2021 4:25 AM

You sound insane R422, even mild covid gives brain fog, heart problem, and as R416 mentioned, fertility issues.

by Anonymousreply 425July 30, 2021 8:09 AM

Is this the article r416 and r425? Because it says:

[quote]On the other hand, a new study shows that the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are fine for the male reproductive system.

While mild Covid is rarely what people think mild means, getting vaccinated is still our best protection. Get vaxxed and then continue to take precautions to avoid being infected.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426July 30, 2021 11:29 AM

Not only that r422, but Israel has between 0-3 Covid deaths a day. European countries, where there is also a high level of vaccination - have much lower infection and death rates than a few months ago, and this is up against the Delta variant too. Vaccines work, we just need to stop being complacent just because we got vaccinated though.

by Anonymousreply 427July 30, 2021 11:32 AM

R426 needs to work on reading comprehension. R416 mentioned Fertilities issues from mild covid, not the vaccine

by Anonymousreply 428July 30, 2021 2:54 PM

R428 needs to work on reading comprehension and understanding context. The thread is about the fact that people can still catch Covid even if fully vaccinated. R425 called r422 insane for saying that the fully vaccinated in Israel are getting asymptomatic Covid or very mild Covid that lasts 2 days. While asymptomatic and mild Covid are best avoided, if a relatively heathy and fully vaccinated person catches Covid it will not be as bad as if they hadn't been vaccinated. R425 then cited the Daily Kos article mentioned at r416. But the Daily Kos article is about how stupid it is not to get vaccinated, not how we should still panic if we have been vaccinated. While the Daily Kow quote was specifically about vaccines not causing fertility problems, the point of it in the article is to say that getting vaccinated protects against fertility problems caused by catching Covid if you are not vaccinated.

So, get vaccinated, continue to take precautions but there's no need to panic. Panicking about the vaccines only strengthens the anti-vaxxers and Covid deniers.

by Anonymousreply 429July 30, 2021 3:36 PM

[quote] You sound insane [R422], even mild covid gives brain fog, heart problem, and as [R416] mentioned, fertility issues.

I’m not R422, but most people who get Covid don’t experience “brain fog, heart problem” and “fertility issues.” So 422’s point stands.

by Anonymousreply 430July 30, 2021 3:48 PM

R430 Check with R416 hon

by Anonymousreply 431July 30, 2021 4:00 PM

R428 even a mild covid can give you brain fog, heart problem, or ED, so you need to keep amask on vax or not.

by Anonymousreply 432August 2, 2021 5:42 AM

When I had Covid it went after my heart instead of my lungs. You do not want even a mild case of that shit, seriously.

by Anonymousreply 433August 2, 2021 1:04 PM

What symptoms R433? Heart palpitations? Angina? Pain in left arm?

by Anonymousreply 434August 2, 2021 1:06 PM

Why is this thread greyed out?

It's expressing a pretty mainstream POV

by Anonymousreply 435August 2, 2021 1:07 PM

R434, 103 fever, sweats, heart racing 130-160 BPM while laying in bed.

by Anonymousreply 436August 2, 2021 2:10 PM

Sorry, I couldn't read this very long thread. Has it been explained why the guy in OP's pic has balls and a dick at his belly button? Are all Israeli men like that?

by Anonymousreply 437August 2, 2021 11:47 PM

Having an elevated heart rate with a fever is very common R436 and does not mean that COVID "went after your heart". My god, the drama queens on here.

by Anonymousreply 438August 3, 2021 7:51 AM

That sounds insane R438, this Virus is bonker, you just know your body

by Anonymousreply 439August 3, 2021 7:53 AM

Start cradling your mugs ladies.....your "long haul" journey is about to begin if you sneezed anytime in the last year.

by Anonymousreply 440August 3, 2021 7:57 AM

I sneezed this morning. Trust me, you DON'T want to live through that. It was like my whole body was violently convulsing. I lost all control and just exploded in a violent lung explosion. I heard this happens with COVID. And once you have one of these violent convulsions you risk having repeat episodes for decades!!

by Anonymousreply 441August 3, 2021 7:59 AM

It is called self-care R440, listen to your body is key. It is a long haul because many long term side effect are associated with even mild covid

by Anonymousreply 442August 3, 2021 8:13 AM

Covid is a vascular disease that is transmitted through the respiratory system that can trigger autoimmune issues. The vascular system affects every other system in your body. Fibromyalgia is now thought to also be a vascular disease that triggers autoimmune issues. But, you all just keep wallowing in your ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 443August 3, 2021 8:42 AM

Oh, anti-mask troll, open your eyes and gawk: "The CDC is recommending even vaccinated people wear masks indoors again because Covid-19 vaccines no longer prevent transmission."

by Anonymousreply 444August 5, 2021 11:19 PM

Vaccines are no longer preventing transmission. Mask up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445August 5, 2021 11:21 PM

R445 Amen, sis.

by Anonymousreply 446August 5, 2021 11:28 PM

[quote] Vaccines are no longer preventing transmission. Mask up.

That is not what your link says.

“Mask up” has got to be the most annoying ‘catchphrase’ of this pandemic.

I went to 3 grocery stores tonight; I wore my mask at 2 of them, 1 of which does not require masks for vaccinated shoppers. No one coughed or sneezed, and I was able to maintain enough distance from everyone anyway. Half the customers weren’t wearing masks. No one was wearing N95 or KN95s anywhere anyway.

by Anonymousreply 447August 6, 2021 1:47 AM

R447 CNN actually changed the title of the video from "Vaccines are no longer preventing transmission" (which I copied and pasted) to whatever it says now. You should wear a mask everywhere in public though because the asymptotic can transit the virus. Can't hurt.

by Anonymousreply 448August 6, 2021 1:54 AM

Breakthrough cases are still exceedingly rare, when you realize that that 165 million Americans are fully vaccinated. The vast, vast majority of cases, including spread of Delta, are because of unvaccinated people, not unmasked vaccinated people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449August 6, 2021 2:05 AM

Rare or not, wear a mask in public places. You're helping others.

by Anonymousreply 450August 6, 2021 2:18 AM

R447 That is like saying wearing a condom to prevent AIDs and STDs is sooo annoying. It is an airborne virus, of course everyone tells you to wear a mask.

by Anonymousreply 451August 6, 2021 2:22 AM

Everyone should wear a condom at all times, even if their dick is soft and they're wearing clothes. A rando sperm could become airborne and drift into someone's orifice and transmit HIV. Wear those condoms! Even if it only saves 1 life, don't you care about that 1 life? Or are you a monster who only thinks about your own selfish comfort?

by Anonymousreply 452August 6, 2021 4:18 AM

You sound insane R452. When you are in area of transmission, you put protective barrier against the virus. For STDs, it is when dick stuck in crazy. For Covid, when you are in contact with the air.

by Anonymousreply 453August 6, 2021 4:35 AM

But the sperm could become airborne R453! It could fly into someone's orifice! Don't you care about the death and destruction that would cause???

by Anonymousreply 454August 6, 2021 4:45 AM

AIDs virus died instantly in O2 rich environment R454

by Anonymousreply 455August 6, 2021 4:48 AM

And the Coronavirus is rendered relatively harmless in vaccinated people R455. Yes, including the Delta variant. But feel free to continue wallowing in the fear porn people are posting on social media.

by Anonymousreply 456August 6, 2021 4:54 AM

R455 the virus could have mutated! Thats what viruses do! It could mutate and cause a disease outbreak! So keep your dick wrapped in a condom at all times to prevent this!!!

by Anonymousreply 457August 6, 2021 4:55 AM

Contradicting R456:

NYT July 29

The recommendation that vaccinated people in some parts of the country dust off their masks was based largely on one troublesome finding, according to Dr. Rochelle Walensky, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

New research showed that vaccinated people infected with the Delta variant carry tremendous amounts of the virus in the nose and throat, she said in an email responding to questions from The New York Times.

by Anonymousreply 458August 6, 2021 5:14 AM

More from NYT article:

The finding contradicts what scientists had observed in vaccinated people infected with previous versions of the virus, who mostly seemed incapable of infecting others.

That conclusion dealt Americans a heavy blow: People with so-called breakthrough infections — cases that occur despite full vaccination — of the Delta variant may be just as contagious as unvaccinated people, even if they have no symptoms.

by Anonymousreply 459August 6, 2021 5:46 AM

Are you anti-mask crowd on DL just upset because it interferers with your glory hole sessions? What's so complex and troublesome about wearing a mask in public places? We have Delta now, then Delta +, followed by Lambda, followed by who knows what mutations. I realize the numbers in NY are not at near panic-levels, but that will change if steps aren't taken to curb it. Just wait until September following the Aug 21 Great Lawn concert (few will be wearing masks, just like Lollapalooza in Chicago last week that saw few masks), or the end of this month, following last night's Guns and Roses concert at MetLife stadium, where vaccinations and masks were not mandatory. We've learned nothing?

by Anonymousreply 460August 6, 2021 5:57 AM

R459 you either have poor reading comprehension or only selectively onboard information. There's this other part of the reality, wherein people who have been vaccinated are largely NOT getting any serious illness. It is the unvaccinated who are getting sick. They should wear masks and/or quarantine at home until such time as they get vaccinated. The tool to stop this pandemic is the vaccines. People need to use the tools available to them. If they choose not to and get sick, don't expect the rest of the world to coddle them and limit our own activities to protect them from their own stupidity.

Enough is enough.

by Anonymousreply 461August 6, 2021 6:05 AM

Welcome to the Jungle. Met Life on 8/5.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462August 6, 2021 6:06 AM

Breakthrough infections don't normally result in serious illness (often NO illness). The main risk is to unvaccinated people, who should be quarantining at home until they get vaccinated. That or assume the risk of getting sick and dying. Their choice.

by Anonymousreply 463August 6, 2021 6:08 AM

[quote]We've learned nothing?

We've learned that the vaccines are highly effective. We've learned that ignorant fools who choose not to get vaccinated are at high risk of illness. We've learned that they will not change their behavior until it's too late. I'm done trying to fix their stupidity. I'm going on with life.

by Anonymousreply 464August 6, 2021 6:10 AM

R461 - my post was simply cut and pasted from the NYT so how can you say I have poor comprehension when I didn't make any comments whatsoever about what I brought over?

by Anonymousreply 465August 6, 2021 6:12 AM

We've learned nothing if mass attendance at public events is happening at this moment in time. Everything is fine - please breathe in my face.

by Anonymousreply 466August 6, 2021 6:13 AM

[quote]New research showed that vaccinated people infected with the Delta variant carry tremendous amounts of the virus in the nose and throat, she said in an email responding to questions from The New York Times.

Here's the problem with this conclusion. They are pretty much only looking at breakthrough infections that are symptomatic. So, it could be the fact that the vaccinated people they are looking who are symptomatic, and therefore being tested, are symptomatic BECAUSE of the tremendous amounts of virus in their nose and throat. What this could show is that it takes tremendous amounts of virus to infect someone who is vaccinated.

It's another argument for wearing masks if vaccinated. It's the amount of virus you take in that will make the difference and that's exactly what masks do, reduce the amount of virus you are exposed to.

by Anonymousreply 467August 6, 2021 6:58 AM

Because you're being selective in what you're cutting and posting, r465. Here's some more from that article:

The new data do not mean that the vaccines are ineffective. The vaccines still powerfully prevent severe illness and death, as they were meant to, and people with breakthrough infections very rarely end up in a hospital.

About 97 percent of people hospitalized with Covid-19 are unvaccinated, according to data from the C.D.C. But scientists warned even last year that the vaccines might not completely prevent infection or transmission. (Immunity from natural infection may offer even less protection.)

Previous versions of the virus rarely broke through the immunization barrier, which prompted the C.D.C. to advise in May that vaccinated people could go mask-free indoors. But the usual rules don’t seem to apply to the Delta variant.

The variant is twice as contagious as the original virus, and one study suggested that the amount of virus in unvaccinated people infected with Delta might be a thousand times higher than seen in people infected with the original version of the virus. The C.D.C. data support that finding, said one expert familiar with the results.

Anecdotes of clusters of breakthrough infections have become increasingly frequent, with groups of vaccinated people reporting sniffles, headache, sore throat, or a loss of taste or smell — symptoms of an infection in the upper respiratory tract.

But the overwhelming majority do not end up needing intensive medical care, because the immune defenses produced by the vaccine destroy the virus before it can get to the lungs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468August 6, 2021 7:33 AM

So what, R468? It is POSSIBLE for vaccinated people to infect others, the people who can't get vaccines and the unvaccinated.

IF we continue to allow this variant to spread, it is much more likely to mutate further -- and eventually a mutation may be much more deadly.

If we stop it in its tracks, it can't mutate.

Ergo, everyone, vaccinated or not, should wear masks indoors and in crowds, even outdoors.

Why are you not getting it? Do you want this to become the new ebola, but more transmissible?

by Anonymousreply 469August 6, 2021 2:19 PM

Oh, and another huge problem: healthcare workers and overwhelmed hospitals. So there are cancer patients who can't get their treatment on time, heart attack and stroke victims who may not get care, people with treatable illnesses who are afraid to go to the hospital, extremely long waits in emergency rooms, etc. Spare a thought for doctors and nurses who will be forced to deal with the unvaccinated and very will patients. Or have you no heart (or sense)?

by Anonymousreply 470August 6, 2021 2:21 PM

* very ILL patients

by Anonymousreply 471August 6, 2021 2:22 PM

R469, I do mask and take precautions, I'm not sure why you're suggesting I don't. The problem with your argument about the vaccines not being effective is that you make it in such an extreme way that you are effectively bolstering the fake arguments of the anti-vaxxers.

by Anonymousreply 472August 6, 2021 8:18 PM

Protection from Covid-19 shots lessens over time per CDC. You bitches better masked up even after your third shot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473August 24, 2021 6:15 PM

Thanks for that breaking news, R473. We haven’t known about waning effectiveness for the last few weeks or anything.

by Anonymousreply 474August 24, 2021 6:41 PM

Yeah, but now it is like CDC certified R474

by Anonymousreply 475August 24, 2021 7:03 PM

Just did a drive through of Ohio & Pennsylvania this past week, very, very, very few folks are wearing masks/distancing and I seriously doubt they are widely vaccinated in the areas we were in. Now that I am back on the east coast I just took a covid test, crossing fingers I dodged the ick.

by Anonymousreply 476August 24, 2021 7:20 PM

How many of them breathed into your mouth during your journey, R476?

by Anonymousreply 477August 24, 2021 7:26 PM

Well, obviously, R476 had several "sexual emergencies" passing through the area, now that "sexual emergencies" are gone, it is now "Covid emergency"

by Anonymousreply 478August 24, 2021 7:30 PM

R476, no county in Ohio has yet hit 55% for both shots.

by Anonymousreply 479August 24, 2021 9:09 PM

Israel is getting a delta crisis, and they are uber pro-vaccine. Mask UP!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480August 24, 2021 9:12 PM

So many bossy bottoms on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 481August 24, 2021 10:34 PM

Excuse me, I'mI'm an exclusive top, bitch. R481

by Anonymousreply 482August 25, 2021 2:19 AM

That article at R480 is not as grim as it appears initially.

1) The third dose has helped a lot among the 70 and up set

2) most of the breakthrough infections were among older people, cancer patients, etc.

3) they don’t give the stats for the total new infections — what percentage were fully vaccinated?

And I swear, every time I see the phrase “Mask up!” from some goober online, I make a mental note to not wear a mask the next it’s optional. The admonition is too annoying.

by Anonymousreply 483August 25, 2021 2:25 AM

R483, oh look, the Putin-iskis are here. FYI:

1) Stop being an asshole, many children and immuno-compromised cannot get vax, so at least mask up to think of them.

2) Even a mild Covid gives brain fog and heart issues down the line. Obvi, you want a weak America to conquer.

3) Israel has almost 10k case today, comparable to Jan 2021 case number, despite being fully vaxxed now. This is a projection we should be weary of, and Mask UP!

by Anonymousreply 484August 25, 2021 5:28 AM

[quote]Even a mild Covid gives brain fog and heart issues down the line

That is simply not true. Stop posting bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 485August 25, 2021 6:15 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486August 25, 2021 6:23 AM

That article is bullshit R486. Using dailymail as your source further discredits you.

by Anonymousreply 487August 25, 2021 6:27 AM

R487 It is known, here is one from Columbia

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 488August 25, 2021 6:32 AM

Reading comprehension is not your strong point R488.

by Anonymousreply 489August 25, 2021 6:39 AM

As if your Moscow Engrish Comprehension is any better.

by Anonymousreply 490August 25, 2021 6:41 AM

fail @ R490 as usual

by Anonymousreply 491August 25, 2021 8:36 PM

R491, why? Lambda could be evading the vaccine, then there is Epsilon, too. Mask UP!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492August 25, 2021 9:03 PM

We’ll comply with whatever masking rules exist in any public place we go, R492. We don’t need you to tell us to “Mask UP!”

And there isn’t a single variant yet that has shown the ability to truly EVADE the vaccines. Not one.

I’m guessing you’re upset because of the good news out today about Biden scaling back the 8 months to 6 for booster recommendation, and about how the third dose of an mRNA vaccine offers 3x the protection that the 2nd dose conferred.

You’re not scaring anyone here.

by Anonymousreply 493August 25, 2021 9:32 PM

Uh No, but the brain fog from mild covid is real, so mask UP! R493

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494August 25, 2021 9:43 PM

Nope. Not gonna, R494.

by Anonymousreply 495August 25, 2021 10:08 PM

It's OK Putin-nesca, feel free to infect the Siberian bears. Meanwhile, wise Americans, mask UP: Covid vaccine effectiveness declined after delta variant surged, CDC says.

The effectiveness of Covid-19 vaccines among front-line workers declined to 66% after the delta variant became dominant, compared with 91% before it arose, according to a report from the CDC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496August 25, 2021 10:11 PM

I live in Brooklyn, R496, and don’t have a drop of Russian blood in me. Where are you?

And why are you posting old news and avoiding the good news of today? Almost like your entire agenda is to cause fear and further vaccine hesitance. “The vaccines don’t work, masks are our only hope, so mask UP!” seems to be your only refrain.

by Anonymousreply 497August 25, 2021 10:17 PM

What I posted @R496 is currently trending on Twitter, so your Russkie anti-mask gaslight rhetorics is totally paper thin.

by Anonymousreply 498August 25, 2021 10:24 PM

I’m not engaging in any gaslighting. You, however, are a de facto anti-vaxxer / fear-mongering troll. We have known about the waning effectiveness of Pfizer against Delta for WEEKS, I don’t care if it’s “currently trending” on Twitter. It’s only one of several stories in the Covid-19 sub-section of the ‘Trending’ tab, and as I pointed out, you’re ignoring the actual brand-new news about Pfizer’s 3rd dose offering 3x the protection of the second dose.

There’s also now a release from J&J showing that a second dose on top of their first dose offers 8x the protection of their first dose.

Why don’t you want to talk about that? Or about how Biden is now recommending people get boosters after 6 months instead of 8? That’s good news too, isn’t it?

Let me help you out: you can still post about the good news from today and end your post with “Mask UP at least until you can get these boosters!”

That wouldn’t have the same gloomy feel to it, though, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 499August 25, 2021 11:07 PM

Whatever babushka r449, keep on trolling. We true American will keep our mask UP!

by Anonymousreply 500August 26, 2021 12:24 AM

[quote]We true American will keep our mask UP!

Do non-Americans really think we talk like this? Because this sounds like some awful parody of how people think Americans are. "Yes, we are true American! We love playing the ball with base while eating the pie of apples!"

by Anonymousreply 501August 26, 2021 12:40 AM

OP is the sky is falling troll.

by Anonymousreply 502August 26, 2021 12:41 AM

I wonder what OP/R500’s first language really is. God knows it isn’t English.

by Anonymousreply 503August 26, 2021 4:29 AM

R205 The Sky IS falling. This is our generation's Spanish Flu aka pandemic of the century

by Anonymousreply 504August 26, 2021 6:07 AM

That ignorant mask UP troll needs to shut the fuck UP. Your endless blathering about masking UP is not convincing anyone of anything, other than the fact that you're a TROLL.

by Anonymousreply 505August 26, 2021 6:18 AM

The Mergatroyd variant isn’t pulling punches. We’re gonna need deep sea diving suits.

by Anonymousreply 506August 26, 2021 6:25 AM

I heard there's already an Omega variant. That's the end of the alphabet so the pandemic will suddenly end.

by Anonymousreply 507August 26, 2021 6:55 AM

Honey R505, you already outed yourself as Boris when you parrot right wing/Putin's anti-mask nonsense

by Anonymousreply 508August 26, 2021 6:59 AM

How cute R508 got called a troll so she lashes out by calling someone Boris, squawking like a parrott. How original. And how poorly she understands the basics of reality. Posting her scoldy bullshit in all caps accomplishes nothing other than proving herself to be a sad old troll. Those of us with common sense got vaccinated and use masks where it makes sense to do so. She, however, wants to screech on endlessly about masking UP, and needs to just shut the fuck UP.

by Anonymousreply 509August 26, 2021 7:08 AM

R509 Straight out of Putin anus.

by Anonymousreply 510August 26, 2021 7:12 AM

R510 know a lot about Putin. How interesting. That tells us a lot.

by Anonymousreply 511August 26, 2021 7:15 AM

The rise of the Delta variant was at the exact same time that mask mandates were dropped for the vaccinated. How are they telling the difference between breakthrough infections based sheerly on infectability and those based on vaccinated people dropping their masks? Isn't it possible that Delta isn't any more infectious to the vaccinated but that it's equally infectious to the vaccinated as other strains but suddenly more vaccinated people dropped their masks so they got infected whereas before, even though vaccinated, they were still mostly wearing masks when around groups of people? Are there studies about the circumstances of the vaccinated getting infected?

Every story I hear or read about vaccinated people getting infected includes the part where they were very safe during the whole pandemic and did everything right but after they were vaccinated and dropped their masks there was that one party or those trips to a restaurant or a concert or that long put-off vacation. So, how do they know it was Delta getting past the vaccines and not the sudden masklessness that caused the uptick in "breakthrough" infections?

by Anonymousreply 512August 26, 2021 7:15 AM

R511 Yes, dear, that we have seen many times when an anti-mask troll materializes, she turns out to be Putin cocksucker for Rubles.

by Anonymousreply 513August 26, 2021 7:33 AM

Mu variant is here and can evade vaccines. Mask UP!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514September 2, 2021 5:56 AM

Good lord, R514. And I remember when herpes was the gift that kept giving.

by Anonymousreply 515September 2, 2021 6:29 AM

Chinese "Bat lady" warns deadlier variants are to come @ 4:14. " Almost Certain" a new variant will beat the vaccine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516September 2, 2021 7:15 AM

Funny how on World Meters (my preferred COVID case numbers/deaths site) China has not reported a death since April 2020!

Fuck know what they are hiding.

by Anonymousreply 517September 2, 2021 7:31 AM

New R1 mutation is trumping over vaccine. It is not over. Finish the fight. Mask UP!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518September 30, 2021 2:55 AM

If you read the whole article it says that the vaccine is 87% effective against the new variant. It also says that it is unlikely to displace Delta. My opinion is that Covid is here to stay but for most people it will be a cold or a flu experience. That is vaccinated people of course.

by Anonymousreply 519September 30, 2021 3:24 AM

Yeah sure, r519, you do not know when your no. is up with this virus. Mask UP.

by Anonymousreply 520September 30, 2021 6:47 PM

Trolldar the "mask up!" troll and nearly120 posts vanish.

by Anonymousreply 521October 1, 2021 7:07 PM

Yeah R521 because Boris keep posting false info in this thread. If Masking UP is problematic, YOU are prolematic

by Anonymousreply 522October 1, 2021 8:39 PM

OP, you're the one who constantly posts scaremongering articles that you willfully misinterpret to downplay the effectiveness of vaccines. The false information comes from you and only you in this thread.

And, seriously, learn how to conjugate verbs before you accuse anyone else of being a Russian stooge.

(Yes, I know what's coming from OP: "No, you're the liar! You're the Boris!" Apparently the debate techniques from whatever backwards country belched out the Mask UP troll never developed beyond "Am not! You are!")

by Anonymousreply 523October 1, 2021 9:34 PM

Oh really? B/c my prediction from Israel data comes true, hospital crisis exploded, antibodies number for Pfizer plummeted, breakthrough COVID ravaged through P-town. Stop lying to people R523.

by Anonymousreply 524October 1, 2021 9:38 PM

The hospital crisis exploded because of the unvaccinated, you moron. It's not people who got the vaccines that have been clogging up hospitals, it's the ones who refused it. This is a pandemic of the unvaccinated.

Even with the Delta variant, the effectiveness of the vaccines remains high, and with Pfizer, a booster shot dramatically increases protection. But despite your many commands to Mask UP, every single time you mention the vaccines, it's always how they either aren't effective now, which isn't true, or how won't be in the future, which is utter speculation.

That makes you an anti-vaxxer. It makes you a liar. It makes you a troll.

by Anonymousreply 525October 1, 2021 10:04 PM

Wow, so much lies by this anti-mask troll. Call Steve Grand and P-town to see if breakthrough Covid is real. Vaxxed is not permission to ditch mask. Fauci has even stated that vaxxed ppl should still wear mask. The Vaccine is NOT a cure, troll. You can still spread it and get breakthrough. Get your troll as back to Kremlin, LMFAO.

by Anonymousreply 526October 1, 2021 10:50 PM

LOL Putin-nesca at R525 is so desperate, she attacks ppl with grammar 🔨. She knows she got nothing so she parrots putin anti mask rhetoric. Check with Brett Kavanaugh to see what happens when you ditch mask after vax.

Ditching mask after vax is super selfish, since u can spread it to kids and immuno compromised ppl. But of course, you want to kill Americans as much as possible for Putin.

by Anonymousreply 527October 1, 2021 11:05 PM

Western EU is having surges of covid even though they have high vax rate.

VT is also having a surge too after high vax rate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528November 13, 2021 3:51 AM

Fear monger stop it! Murthy said today that this their covid surge, we already had ours, they had not had the last one and this it, we won't have it again. Go eat some dog ass.

by Anonymousreply 529November 13, 2021 3:58 AM

You can bury your head in the sand all you want, but this is happening. The vaccine is not an invincivle spell, yall need to mask UP.

by Anonymousreply 530November 13, 2021 4:02 AM

I work for a health department. Just over half our positive covid cases right now are fully vaxxed people. Since most fully-vaxxed people do not get tested since most have no-mild symptoms, we know that the majority of positive cases are fully vaxxed. But, again, very few get seriously ill. And if they spread covid (and they do) hopefully the people who catch it are also fully-vaxxed. If they can't be vaccinated, it is their responsibility to protect themselves.

by Anonymousreply 531November 20, 2021 11:21 AM

IT might be a silly question but I never see it asked: Will the vaccine be changed to immunize against the Delta variant?

by Anonymousreply 532November 20, 2021 11:32 AM

Probably not R532, as from what I've read the current vaccines are effective against Delta. (No, I'm not going to dig out sources.)

by Anonymousreply 533November 20, 2021 1:14 PM

Probably the next model will R532 in next year, hopefully it will still be free

by Anonymousreply 534November 20, 2021 1:31 PM

Who cares, OP? Serious illness among vaccinated are 9 out of 100,000 now.

by Anonymousreply 535November 20, 2021 4:10 PM

4th shot does not show significant boost against Omicron in Israel. Mask UP!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536January 20, 2022 3:48 AM

R68, worst grammar and spelling on the planet

by Anonymousreply 537January 22, 2022 3:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!