Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Winston Marshall quits Mumford & Sons after Andy Ngo controversy, citing free speech

Guitarist and banjoist prompted backlash in March after supporting Unmasked, Andy Ngo’s book criticising the anti-fascist protest movement, antifa

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 25, 2021 2:11 PM

Mumford and Sons address photo with controversial psychologist Jordan Peterson

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 25, 2021 8:48 AM

Why is he so concerned with conservatives in the US and Canada? He’s fucking British.

by Anonymousreply 2June 25, 2021 8:48 AM

r2, do you not follow World News at all? Authoritarian NeoLiberals are infringing upon free speech and sex based rights across the globe.

by Anonymousreply 3June 25, 2021 8:53 AM

Oh, poor r3. He chose to walk away like a little bitch. No one forced him to do shit. It’s between him and his band. He was criticized online. Big fucking deal. Keep your fucking mouth shut if you can’t take the heat.

by Anonymousreply 4June 25, 2021 8:58 AM

The fact he chose Andy Ngo, an obvious grifter and liar, as his hill to die on is super dumb. Smh

They guy had a good gig but apparently is an easily duped alt-rightie - the band is probably breathing a sigh of relief they won't have to be stuck in recording rooms and tour busses with this nitwit anymore.

by Anonymousreply 5June 25, 2021 9:07 AM

[quote] this nitwit

I've never heard of this guy.

Was he always a nitwit? Or did he just turn into a nitwit recently?

by Anonymousreply 6June 25, 2021 9:10 AM

You clowns don't even realize you sound like the Q-Anon of the Left.

by Anonymousreply 7June 25, 2021 9:19 AM

Why would anyone care what the banjo player of a shitty little band think?

by Anonymousreply 8June 25, 2021 9:24 AM

[quote]Why is he so concerned with conservatives in the US and Canada? He’s fucking British.

These stupid ass Brits are always trying to insert themselves into US politics.

I would cancel all of them but I’ve never heard of these idiots before.

by Anonymousreply 9June 25, 2021 9:25 AM

R7 to be fair no one ihere s accusing anyone of eating babies or being part of a satanic pedo ring. Qanon is an untreated mental sickness.

by Anonymousreply 10June 25, 2021 9:32 AM

Typical low-IQ deplorable.

by Anonymousreply 11June 25, 2021 9:58 AM

Why quit? The story barely picked up any steam, this must've been prompted by the other band members, their families, or their management

by Anonymousreply 12June 25, 2021 10:06 AM

He could use his fee time to bathe

by Anonymousreply 13June 25, 2021 10:07 AM

Mumford and sons are so lefty from what I have read about them. And there fans too, especially in the UK. They would not be cool with this

by Anonymousreply 14June 25, 2021 10:14 AM

[quote]Why is he so concerned with conservatives in the US and Canada? He’s fucking British.

You might as well ask Piers Morgan and the many other British personalities in US media, why. The British political space is extremely boring, plus in America offers big bucks and followings.

by Anonymousreply 15June 25, 2021 10:16 AM

[quote] The truth is that my commenting on a book that documents the extreme far left and their activities is in no way an endorsement of the [bold]equally repugnant far right[/bold].

No, no, no, no, no! We won't allow him to get away with that false equivalence. And this just proves he's a deplorable going to bat for MAGAt Andy Ngo.

by Anonymousreply 16June 25, 2021 10:19 AM

I thought they were butchers.

by Anonymousreply 17June 25, 2021 10:19 AM

So is this Mumford person equally as evil as this Ngo person or are both equally evil?

by Anonymousreply 18June 25, 2021 11:49 AM

I wish the Russians would just go ahead and bomb the Brits back to the 1500s. They’re a scourge on the planet, always infesting and putting themselves into the societal affairs of other countries and societies. They’ve done it for so long they’re likely unaware of what a nuisance they are.

by Anonymousreply 19June 25, 2021 12:07 PM

His blog post explaining his actions is hilarious. Compares himself to Solzhenitsyn, talks at length about the white hot excitement of being on the road with Mumford and Sons and describes himself as just a "shitkicker from Mortlake". I'm sure he will be OK, given his dad is worth £630m.

by Anonymousreply 20June 25, 2021 12:24 PM

[quote] anti-fascist protest movement, antifa

Ha-ha.

by Anonymousreply 21June 25, 2021 12:31 PM

Let’s give him warm welcome on DL. We love being politically incorrect. But in an endearing way of course!

by Anonymousreply 22June 25, 2021 12:38 PM

Antifa doesn’t even exist. How do you write a book about that?

by Anonymousreply 23June 25, 2021 12:42 PM

Tory cunt's gonna cunt.

by Anonymousreply 24June 25, 2021 12:46 PM

Brave guy. He lost his job defending a gay Asian journalist. Maybe Dataloungers will learn a lesson from this.

by Anonymousreply 25June 25, 2021 12:48 PM

I read in a book that Hitler and the Nazi party really hated anti-fascists…..always trying to sabotage fascist dictatorships and their plans for world domination…….those anti-fascists must be really bad characters ……..yea..right

by Anonymousreply 26June 25, 2021 1:17 PM

He quit?

How will they ever run the salvage yard without him?

by Anonymousreply 27June 25, 2021 1:31 PM

I’ve heard Mumford described as a Christian band. As such I’d think they’d be OK with fascism or at least right wing thinking and a crackdown on civil liberties. There’s a good chance the others think this way but are smart enough to keep their mouths shut. I have no idea. And that’s OK. We don’t have to agree with everything an artist thinks.

by Anonymousreply 28June 25, 2021 1:52 PM

[quote]He could use his fee time to bathe

Oh my, "Oh, dear" hasn't seen this typo yet. Poor thang is slipping.

by Anonymousreply 29June 25, 2021 2:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!