Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Late Night with Conan O'Brien is DEAD TO ME

His show was the only Late Night show that I've subscribed to and now, it's done. I'll miss his remotes, ComicCon shows and his silly, goofy comedy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 25, 2021 11:53 AM

It's a shame he didn't get the Leno spot and Fallon did. Conan is a lot smarter and funnier. Leno is an asshole. Team Coco!

by Anonymousreply 1June 25, 2021 5:33 AM

He did get the Leno spot r1. But then the put Leno on at 10 and when that bombed they wanted to have Leno do a half hour show just of just a monologue and one guest or sketch and then Conan would be on at 12.

Conan refused and quit NBC.

What he didn't see coming was the fact that the internet and DVRs would make it that people didn't watch shows when they aired.

There's a 30 Rock spoof of this where Tina Fey tells them they are all fighting over a timeslot that doesn't exist anymore. 1130 didnt matter now.

by Anonymousreply 2June 25, 2021 6:04 AM

Who???

by Anonymousreply 3June 25, 2021 7:45 AM

[quote] they wanted to have Leno do a half hour show just of just a monologue and one guest or sketch and then Conan would be on at 12. Conan refused and quit NBC.

Wow, if Conan hadn’t been so petty and quit, he’ll still have The Tonight Show now instead of Jimmy Failon.

by Anonymousreply 4June 25, 2021 8:19 AM

Conan O'Brien has never uttered one funny word ever. He's a terrible so-called comedian and talk show host. And O'Brien cannot conduct a decent interview to save his life. I never understood how he was ever on television in the first place. Good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 5June 25, 2021 9:04 AM

Awe, I’m kinda sad to hear he’s ending his show… not that I’ve seen it in years but of all the late night ppl, I always liked him the best.

by Anonymousreply 6June 25, 2021 9:34 AM

R4 Incorrect. It was not Conan being petty. Jay Leno has used underhanded tactics his entire career and is very hated by many many people

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 25, 2021 9:47 AM

Right, but if Conan had only swallowed his pride, he would still be the host of The Tonight Show now.

by Anonymousreply 8June 25, 2021 10:00 AM

I love Conan, but I'll admit he's an acquired taste.

And, like someone said, his remotes were the best.

Maybe he wasn't the greatest interviewer, but he had that quick, Irish wit and timing.

by Anonymousreply 9June 25, 2021 10:25 AM

Conan O'Brien had a very nice show...

by Anonymousreply 10June 25, 2021 10:33 AM

I was a big Conan fan in the mid-90s. I saw his show twice live in NYC. Both times, it was SRO. The 2nd show I attended was his 3rd anniversary show and Letterman did a walk-on. I still have the T-shirt they gave out to everyone who was there. I saw Letterman's show in the same theater in '86 for my 16th birthday. I never cared for either as much after they changed networks.

by Anonymousreply 11June 25, 2021 10:34 AM

He'll resurface. And I'll be there.

by Anonymousreply 12June 25, 2021 10:42 AM

I saw several epsiodes from Inside the Actor's Studio (can't see that many US shows outside of fiction because I'm not from US or Commonwealth), which was one of the greatest talk shows in history and contained some of the best interviews, especially outside the written form, and I found Conan O'Brien's episode the most intelligent and Jay Leno's the best.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 25, 2021 11:22 AM

It's curtains for " Curtain." Another era has passed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 25, 2021 11:28 AM
by Anonymousreply 15June 25, 2021 11:28 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 25, 2021 11:29 AM

None of the American talkshows is funny or witty, and I am saying this in a very nonchalant manner.

by Anonymousreply 17June 25, 2021 11:36 AM

See you when you come back, Conan.

by Anonymousreply 18June 25, 2021 11:47 AM

R5 Nothing you said is true.

by Anonymousreply 19June 25, 2021 11:53 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!