Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"Dave" on FXX; anyone else watching?

Season 2 has three episodes out so far. It's really uneven, but I'm sticking with it. Episode three was something else, including all the gay stuff between Dave & Benny. What is Benny Medina's deal? Some of those scenes were pretty convincing because of him. I know this show doesn't shy away from male nudity, or male intimacy (last season with Dave's friend/manager in the bathtub with him). But this was another level.

Thr first session was a knockout in my opinion. You think the show's one way, then it goes another way. The Gata episode was brilliant. I cried.

by Anonymousreply 12July 2, 2021 7:36 AM

*The first season

by Anonymousreply 1June 24, 2021 11:04 PM

I haven’ t watched it. What do you mean gay stuff? I thought this was a very straight show?

by Anonymousreply 2June 24, 2021 11:17 PM

I didn't even know there was some "Dave" show on FXX. Are they sneaking it past because of the gay content?

by Anonymousreply 3June 24, 2021 11:21 PM

OP did you mean Benny Blanco?

by Anonymousreply 4June 24, 2021 11:32 PM

Yeah r4 I meant Benny Blanco 😬🤣

by Anonymousreply 5June 25, 2021 12:13 AM

The gay stuff basically involves Dave and Benny spending a lot of time alone at Benny's house. Doing a lot of "ha ha" bromance stuff but with a lot of nudity and some physical contact. No sex but it's intimate.

by Anonymousreply 6June 25, 2021 12:18 AM

This guy seems like a very talented and funny comedic writer/actor. I was planning to watch the series when it was first starting out but I couldn’t figure out how to find FXX.

by Anonymousreply 7June 25, 2021 12:34 AM

It's also on Hulu for those without FXX.

by Anonymousreply 8June 25, 2021 10:01 AM

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like that nudity filled “bromance” sequence on tv. It was nice.

by Anonymousreply 9June 25, 2021 7:42 PM

The first episode of this season made me wonder if it lost its spark because it seemed very dark. It's the same shift ATLANTA had in its second season. Still great television, but tonally unexpected. But episodes two and especially three of this season are winners. This week's episode was hilarious and touching. Benny Blanco is surprisingly good in this.

by Anonymousreply 10June 25, 2021 7:45 PM

I love it! It seems no one has heard of it - but I think it’s the funniest, lol, intelligent comedy in a long time. Curb Your Enthusiasm but more explicit and for the woke and sexually open generation. The first season was brilliant - including the end. Season 2 is not as brilliant yet but still good and funny - with a little more depth. Woke with humor.

by Anonymousreply 11June 25, 2021 7:52 PM

"It's 2013 in Ethiopia"

by Anonymousreply 12July 2, 2021 7:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!