Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Early Mel Gibson Interview

I know he's got a lot of haters here, but you have to agree that he was super hot back in the day! That hair is fantastic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47June 27, 2021 4:23 AM

He was very handsome. Now he looks like he does inside, horrible.

by Anonymousreply 1June 24, 2021 9:34 PM

I liked him during the Lethal Weapon era. Then something happened... idk yikes!

by Anonymousreply 2June 24, 2021 9:34 PM

He was one of the most beautiful men imaginable. His eyes were as close to perfection as any man could get and didn't have the features of a plastic Ken doll, which made him extremely attractive on top of his good looks - not to mention that he was effortlessly, unassumingly sexy.

It's too bad that he is such an ugly, arrogant and bigoted person on the inside, as R1 has already said. Still, it's impossible not to look at him here and be in awe of his sheer masculine beauty.

by Anonymousreply 3June 24, 2021 9:42 PM

The Devil hath power to assume a pleasing shape.

by Anonymousreply 4June 24, 2021 9:47 PM

He was fire back when he was young. So hot. He aged like milk spiked with paint thinner.

by Anonymousreply 5June 24, 2021 9:52 PM

Needs a haircut, looks like a real slob there. Jodie made him clean up nicely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 24, 2021 9:53 PM

SUGAR TITS!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 7June 24, 2021 9:58 PM

Beyond super hot. Watch "Tim", the movie where he plays Forrest Gump and Piper Laurie is a more pleasant Mrs. Robinson. Weird movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 24, 2021 10:04 PM

Time is not always kind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 24, 2021 10:08 PM

Concentrated poison. So abusive of anything gay you’d almost wonder why.

by Anonymousreply 10June 24, 2021 10:09 PM

When I saw him for the first time in 'Tim' I practically swooned. I thought "now there is the most beautiful man who ever walked the face of the earth".

by Anonymousreply 11June 24, 2021 10:11 PM

From Gallipoli 1981,where Mel Gibson and Mark lee were at peak beauty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 24, 2021 10:11 PM

The hair in the OP is awful. Definitely looked better with short hair as most men do I think. He has a scrawny body and is quite short in person.

by Anonymousreply 13June 24, 2021 10:25 PM

I still remember reading an interview from an Aussie magazine where he complains about "American homo producers who want you to take your shirt off on film". According to him Hollywood was nothing but "queers chasing after young men" and he couldn't understand why any male actor would want to venture out there. I live in Canada and loved the movie Mad Max and was so excited when my relative sent me the magazine and so disappointed when I read that. Ironically he became a Hollywood star but still hates gays.

by Anonymousreply 14June 24, 2021 10:33 PM

I really don't see how he could talk that way after Tim. Maybe it was Tim that did it? When he wasn't in short shorts he was in a Speedo, god I need to watch that movie again. Probably with the sound off.

by Anonymousreply 15June 24, 2021 10:35 PM

He did not go full retard!

by Anonymousreply 16June 24, 2021 10:37 PM

I’ve always felt he hates gays because he hates himself for being gay. Yes, I believe Mel Gibson is a closeted gay man. I remember he said in an interview once that he “had a secret” but of course did not elaborate. And yes, that could be almost anything but I think his outsized dislike for “homos” is because he is a homo and hates himself for it.

by Anonymousreply 17June 25, 2021 1:36 AM

Shocked he is still alive. His career isn’t.

by Anonymousreply 18June 25, 2021 1:43 AM

That homophobic stuff he put in Braveheart is unforgivable.

by Anonymousreply 19June 25, 2021 1:44 AM

I loved it that they wouldn’t let him be in the last Hangover movie. 🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 20June 25, 2021 1:57 AM

Are any of his sons as good-looking as him? Or do they belong in the "ugly kids" thread? Have to go do some Google research.

by Anonymousreply 21June 25, 2021 12:38 PM

I'll answer my own question, yes, they are super hot! Especially Milo and Christian.

by Anonymousreply 22June 25, 2021 12:42 PM

[quote]I know he's got a lot of haters here

You've got it wrong. There's a difference between not being a fan of someone and being filled with irrational hatred towards them. Mel Gibson is not liked by gay men because of his relentless, explicit expressions of hatred and propaganda against them.

by Anonymousreply 23June 25, 2021 12:58 PM

R17 he has like 89 kids. I don’t get the gay vibe from Gibson. I see what you’re saying that the gay guys who pretend to be straight are always the most virulent homophobic, but with Gibson I think it’s born out of ignorance.

R19 yup. And the piece of shit still won best pic over the superior other nominees.

by Anonymousreply 24June 25, 2021 1:03 PM

[quote] I really don't see how he could talk that way after Tim. Maybe it was Tim that did it?

His ideology is the product of his vile, mentally deranged father. He was taught to hate certain people from childhood. Being a bigot and homophobe is all he knows. He's also a sexist pig, something else he undoubtedly learned from daddy. Oddly enough he doesn't seem to have much problem with lesbians, at least the lipstick variety. He's close friends to this day with Jodie Foster. But then, most sexist straight men are okay with lesbians because they like to do the same things in bed that straight men do.

by Anonymousreply 25June 25, 2021 1:29 PM

Mel Gibson's father was a well known bigot, racist,misogynist and homophobe. I'm sure growing up being exposed to those view skews one's perception of people who are different than you.

by Anonymousreply 26June 25, 2021 1:32 PM

Maybe he figured Tim was designed for middle aged womens' loins. I guess hes OK with that kind if thirst....

by Anonymousreply 27June 25, 2021 3:02 PM

Anyone remember this?

[quote]In 1991, Gibson gave a notorious interview to the Spanish newspaper El Pais in which he appeared to mock gay men. “"They take it up the a** ... this is only for taking a s***,” he said at the time. "With this look, who's going to think I'm gay? I don't lend myself to that type of confusion. Do I look like a homosexual? Do I talk like them? Do I move like them?"

Video has been scrubbed and is pretty much impossible to find now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 25, 2021 4:40 PM

R28 yeah his homophobia knows no bounds. He’s really just a crazed lunatic drunk too. I’m still amazed he was able to pull off duel Oscar wins in 1996 for that anti gay, travesty of a movie, when Apollo 13 and Sense and Sensibility were more respected. Not having Ron Howard nominated for A13 confused matters. Probably because Gibson had made a lot of money for Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 29June 25, 2021 5:02 PM

He's an earner, he's professional during working hours. And he can make a good violent action movie. It's hard for them to resist.

by Anonymousreply 30June 25, 2021 6:20 PM

Dave Thomas taking the piss on SCTV. Classic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 26, 2021 8:16 PM

Think Aussie!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32June 26, 2021 8:18 PM

Roo Away.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 26, 2021 8:21 PM

Mel McElroy, star of stage and screen and self made millionaire.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 26, 2021 8:24 PM

He was gorgeous. Would rewind his butt scene in Lethal Weapon numerous times.

He was so successful in the '80s and '90s and I would go see movies just because he was in them. Like other readers in this thread, I was disappointed when I heard about his homophobic comments. He really started to change by the early to mid-'90s.

AMC aired the Lethal Weapon series the other night and he looks good in the first three, but by the fourth, you see the creepy side of him showing in his face.

by Anonymousreply 35June 26, 2021 8:33 PM

As a gayling, I was had a crush on him. I still have a soft spot for him because of that.

I'm not a fan of Braveheart or The Man Without a Face, but his other directorial efforts are impressive if only for sheer audacity.

by Anonymousreply 36June 26, 2021 8:34 PM

Oh, and it was funny that year when Hacksaw Ridge (deservedly) won a couple of technical awards at the Oscars, and Gibson haters started freaking out that Mel might win Best Director.

by Anonymousreply 37June 26, 2021 8:38 PM

I actually met him in his 30s and even then there was a huge disparity between what was on the screen and the man in real life. Short - I'm 5'10 and he was a good 2 inches less then me. Thin body with a belly, thinning hair and wrinkles like I've never seen on a man that age. I did see photos of him taken at the same event and he looked great - 20 years fell away. Some people are insanely photogenic and he's one of them.

by Anonymousreply 38June 26, 2021 8:49 PM

I hate to say this and perpetuate stereotypes, but he really does have typical Short Man Syndrome

by Anonymousreply 39June 27, 2021 1:54 AM

He looks retarded in OP's clip. What the fuck is he doing with his mouth?

by Anonymousreply 40June 27, 2021 2:06 AM

I've always wondered how/if Mel and Danny Glover really got along on the Lethal Weapon series. I've never heard any stories of discord, and they did do four movies together. They both seem such polar opposites politically. Glover is very liberal. I mean, the guy still gets arrested for protesting for his favourite causes.

by Anonymousreply 41June 27, 2021 3:41 AM

By all reports Mel is polite and cheerful on set. Apparently he got drunk after.

by Anonymousreply 42June 27, 2021 3:43 AM

Dreadful human being. Deserves the looks he’s got!

by Anonymousreply 43June 27, 2021 3:57 AM

hope he dies

by Anonymousreply 44June 27, 2021 3:59 AM

R41 Glover publicly defended him, so I imagine they got along fine.

by Anonymousreply 45June 27, 2021 4:01 AM

He was gorgeous in Tequila Sunrise. He’s still a POS though. I’ll take Jeff Bridges in Against All Odds any day.

by Anonymousreply 46June 27, 2021 4:04 AM

He's got the same prominent handsome nose as handsome Michael Craig.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47June 27, 2021 4:23 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!