Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What's a good gift for my sister who is battling breast cancer?

She got some shitty news today. The chemo made her breast tumors disappear but it's in her lymph nodes and she will be getting them all removed next Friday and has a pet scan scheduled to see if it's spread elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 10June 24, 2021 9:19 PM

A gift card to Victoria's Secret

by Anonymousreply 1June 24, 2021 8:24 PM

Some good edibles.

by Anonymousreply 2June 24, 2021 8:31 PM

We live in a terrible state where they are illegal.

by Anonymousreply 3June 24, 2021 8:37 PM

two of those bagged goldfish that you win from the carnival.

by Anonymousreply 4June 24, 2021 8:41 PM

I already have R1 blocked. Big fucking surprise that you fail at job interviews. You can joke about shit like this, but you have to be funny. You're not.

by Anonymousreply 5June 24, 2021 8:44 PM

Depends - will she be getting treatments that’ll make her sick? Maybe arrange for some housecleaning or meals, or something like that. I had a friend who had cancer, and that’s what we as a group did for her since her treatment made her sick. I prefer to do stuff like that. Hope she does well, OP.

by Anonymousreply 6June 24, 2021 8:47 PM

Honestly gifts aren’t really appropriate IMO. The last thing the person cares about is getting some crap - or massage or haircut. Sometimes meaningful words are more valuable. Gifts upon a cancer diagnosis seems…inappropriate.

by Anonymousreply 7June 24, 2021 8:48 PM

Gift card to Wigs R Us? Seriously, my mother went through his a few years back and we all had a blast at the Wig Shop.

by Anonymousreply 8June 24, 2021 8:48 PM

What about a pamper hamper. Fill a basket with bubble bath, moisturizer, hand cream, nail polish, candle, chocolates, bed socks, lip salve and such like.

by Anonymousreply 9June 24, 2021 8:52 PM

OP, when my sister was undergoing treatment a number of years ago I looked up things that might help. I sent her a basket with things to help with nausea- ginger tea, crystallised ginger. Then oils and a diffuser for relaxation. As it was winter and she had lost her hair but hated wearing a wig I got her a couple of very soft wool hats. And finally sweets, hand cream etc. They were just things that I thought she might enjoy or get some relief from. She has commented a few times since how nice it was. Perhaps something like that might do,

by Anonymousreply 10June 24, 2021 9:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!