Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Joshua Bassett Confirmed He's LGBTQ+ And Doesn't Ascribe To A Label

In a June 24 interview with GQ, Joshua Bassett confirmed he’s LGBTQ+, although he won’t label himself. The news comes weeks after the actor seemingly came out during a May 10 interview with Clevver. At the time, fans didn’t know whether he was being serious or not because he did it so casually. Now, Bassett confirmed he “wasn’t joking.”

Bassett first hinted at his sexuality while talking about his love for Harry Styles. “He is a very classy man. He’s also very well-rounded and kinda does it all – acting, singing, fashion,” he told Clevver about the singer. "Also, he’s hot, you know? He’s very charming, too. Lots of things. This is also my coming out video, I guess.” In his new interview with GQ, Bassett said he stands “behind every word” in his IG post. “Even if there are consequences, I would much rather deal with consequences and live my truth than live in fear,” he explained.

When asked if he thinks young people still need to “come out,” Bassett said, “I am anti–coming out in the sense that there’s no need to.” He explained that people have tried to push labels on him ever since he was a kid, but he hasn’t boxed himself into a specific category when discussing his sexuality. “There are plenty of letters in the alphabet… Why bother rushing to a conclusion?” he said. “Sometimes your letter changes, sometimes you try a different one, other times you realize you’re not what you thought you were, or maybe you always knew. All of these can be true.”

“I’m happy to be a part of the LGBTQ+ community because they embrace all. Don’t let anyone tell you love isn’t love. They’re the ones who probably need it the most,” he added. “I think nothing is more powerful than speaking the truth.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233March 25, 2022 12:09 AM

There's already an ongoing thread, you fat whore/OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 24, 2021 4:02 PM

Maybe I'm just reading too fast, but nowhere in the entire article does it seem to say who he is or what he does.

by Anonymousreply 2June 24, 2021 4:03 PM

R2, join the club. Check out R1's link.

by Anonymousreply 3June 24, 2021 4:07 PM

I don’t know him

by Anonymousreply 4June 24, 2021 4:20 PM

He’s hot as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 5June 24, 2021 8:11 PM

This motherfucker can’t take a bad picture. Every time I see him, he looks gorgeous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 24, 2021 8:14 PM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 7June 24, 2021 8:18 PM

Well, the cast of his show is pretty gay but even he basically doesn't say a thing i'm kind of surprised he goest that way because he was promoted like the new teen hearthrob with all the (obviously fake) teen love drama with Olivia Rodrigo

by Anonymousreply 8June 24, 2021 8:21 PM

It's not that easy toots. You can't just "claim" us. Especially if it makes you hip and marketable. WE have to claim YOU too. So what've you actually done for the community these past 10 years ? nothing ? thought so. PASS

by Anonymousreply 9June 24, 2021 8:23 PM

No clue who he is, but he already exhausts me.

by Anonymousreply 10June 24, 2021 8:25 PM

That’s prob why he came out, R8. He knew where things were headed and didn’t want to end up guilt ridden like Shawn Mendes with the fake romances and phony life. Not able to actually be with guys in public.

I just hope it doesn’t derail his career. Lord knows he’s got the looks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 24, 2021 8:26 PM

definitely cute kid but looks underage

DL pedos rejoice

by Anonymousreply 12June 24, 2021 8:30 PM

Please people, don't come out naymore. We're fine. I am so tired of these 16 yo jerks giving us life lessons on TikTok/Twitter. It makes me regret the times when you had to cruise the docks at 1:00 am to find dick or get killed. Honestly I prefer to be straight now.

by Anonymousreply 13June 24, 2021 8:31 PM

Put a label on it.

by Anonymousreply 14June 24, 2021 8:33 PM

R12 He is 20. Maybe you are so used to watch thirty something playing teens on tv that you are unable to know how an underage guy looks

by Anonymousreply 15June 24, 2021 8:35 PM

[quote]“I am anti–coming out in the sense that there’s no need to.”

Oh he can fuck right off.

Also, how the fuck is Harry Styles "classy"?

by Anonymousreply 16June 24, 2021 8:38 PM

Please kill it with fire

by Anonymousreply 17June 24, 2021 8:39 PM

I expect he’ll step out next month with a new girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 18June 24, 2021 9:00 PM

R15 He looks younger than 20.

by Anonymousreply 19June 24, 2021 9:22 PM

Maybe to your eyes, R19, but he looks 20 to me.

by Anonymousreply 20June 24, 2021 9:30 PM

This is the best way to handle Taylor Swift style song gimmicking and people-using. If somebody writes a song about you, just come out.

by Anonymousreply 21June 24, 2021 9:45 PM

He doesn't resemble his mother Angela at all.

by Anonymousreply 22June 24, 2021 9:56 PM

[QUOTE] I expect he’ll step out next month with a new girlfriend.

If he does, it will be because that’s what he wants. There’s nothing wrong with that, R18. The boy might be a virgin for all we know. Let him explore.

by Anonymousreply 23June 25, 2021 6:19 AM

He reminds me of a guy I dated/had a long fling with a while ago in terms of his labeling, which in itself is another example of trying to fit into a counterculture mould. In my perspective, this Joshua Bassett knows he's 90% into men and the 10% female/"other" attraction is for clout, which is also dictated by him probably being raised to be uber sensitive, which makes him believe he can make it work with "the other" because he's a pushover.

by Anonymousreply 24June 25, 2021 6:43 AM

I dislike it when people made wild conclusions about others without having concrete evidence. He knows himself better than you do

by Anonymousreply 25June 25, 2021 10:23 AM

Who? What?

by Anonymousreply 26June 25, 2021 10:26 AM

People hype up these pretty actor boys every few years and we never here anything about how good these guys are in bed? Spoiler Alert; The majority of them can’t fuck or barely even suck to save their careers. The ones who getting steady work and that do stick around probably are the good lays, either that or they’re actually talented….while also being a good lay.

by Anonymousreply 27June 25, 2021 10:44 AM

Yeah, and despite the hype they all end up the same way. Cameron Dallas, anyone?

by Anonymousreply 28June 25, 2021 11:06 AM

He's got chronic gay face. He had no choice but to come out.

by Anonymousreply 29June 25, 2021 11:14 AM

Looks like Scotty Beckett

by Anonymousreply 30June 25, 2021 11:19 AM

R21 To be fair in Rodrigo's song there's not a single reference that makes the song about him, but the fans love a good drama over a fake relationship.

Anyway, this was not a Señorita situation where the singer exploits a relationship to make some noise (to be fair i still think Señorita as bad as it is it was destined to be a hit anyway), Driver's license was huge from the very beginning even before the speculation that the song was about him.

I think his coming out was take from the Lucas Hedgest textbook, he says absolutely nothing and gets a lot of praise. At the same time he can do whatever he wants now because officially he came out (even if he came out as nothing). So probably we'll see with a girlfriend pretty soon and in a couple of years we'll see him (if he is still around) with a guy because hey, he just came out long time ago.

Not the best way to getting leading roles in action films and rom coms, but pretty useful if you are talented enough to get roles and your goal is not being the next big superstar

by Anonymousreply 31June 25, 2021 6:52 PM

[QUOTE] He's got chronic gay face

No he doesn’t.

by Anonymousreply 32June 25, 2021 7:51 PM

He's "anti-coming out"... WTF does that even mean?

by Anonymousreply 33June 25, 2021 9:04 PM

R33 It's the new thing

by Anonymousreply 34June 26, 2021 6:26 AM

He obviously wants Harry Styles in him. Quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 35June 26, 2021 6:37 AM

I don't know who he is, but good for him.

by Anonymousreply 36June 26, 2021 6:52 AM

More!

by Anonymousreply 37June 26, 2021 2:39 PM

Congratulations to this out and proud lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 38June 26, 2021 2:41 PM

He's NOT a queen.

by Anonymousreply 39June 26, 2021 2:50 PM

King

by Anonymousreply 40June 26, 2021 3:01 PM

He just means that he's a sex worker. They are part of the ever expanding alphabet soup that includes straight people. He fucks old ladies for money.

by Anonymousreply 41June 26, 2021 5:24 PM

He is very cute. I like twinks. I have a small crush on him. I just wish he would say what he identifies as, is he gay, bi, pan? Oh well... I guess no label is very gen z. I'm just glad he came out and is family. Would love to see him with an equally cute boyfriend in the future.

by Anonymousreply 42June 26, 2021 7:48 PM

He reminds me of Adam Brody from The OC. I thought he was plain, and I think this guy is plain.

by Anonymousreply 43June 26, 2021 7:56 PM

Wow! He's lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, questioning, and more? What a time to be alive.

by Anonymousreply 44June 26, 2021 7:58 PM

You do you, whoever you are!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 45June 26, 2021 8:23 PM

This whole "I'm into guys but maybe not" thing seems to be a well-choreographed career move for any pretty boy in the entertainment industry now.

by Anonymousreply 46June 26, 2021 8:57 PM

R46 But not for someone who was promoted as a hearthrob.

That only works for someone who does cool indie movies and serious character roles and that's not the case.

I still think he tried to be cool and edgy with his Harry Styles comments and that went out of hand and he couldn't retract without backlash.

And of course that distance himself from the whole Driver's license controversy (all made up by fans)

by Anonymousreply 47June 26, 2021 9:00 PM

R46 Not Froy

by Anonymousreply 48June 26, 2021 9:06 PM

Chickenshit consumerist fuckheads who announce they're something without saying what that something is, while pretending like making such announcements mean anything but clicks.

And ugly on the inside, which leaks to the outside, obviously.

by Anonymousreply 49June 26, 2021 9:37 PM

OMG, The Joshua Bassett?

Never heard of him.

by Anonymousreply 50June 26, 2021 11:41 PM

R50 That's because you are old

by Anonymousreply 51June 27, 2021 10:12 AM

[QUOTE] Not Froy

Yeah these motherfuckers are in here acting like it’s no big deal, yet 9 out of 10 gay actors, singers, athletes and other celebrity figures are STILL fully closeted. Has Richard Madden or Froy Gutierrez had the balls to utter a word about their sexuality? Has Cristiano Ronaldo or Aaron Rogers said anything?

You people think this is sooo normal now when really the percentage of men who have dared to say they like anything other than pussy is very minuscule. And this kid was much better off just keeping his mouth shut and playing the game like everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 52June 27, 2021 11:02 AM

R52 The percentage of athletes is way higher, i think only 1 of every 100 are out of the closet.

The problem with Bassett's coming out is that he didn't come out as nothing at all. Zero risk for his career and he will probably only date girls publicly.

Maybe i'm wrong, time will tell

by Anonymousreply 53June 27, 2021 11:45 AM

R52 He is playing the game though, with the whole 'no labels' bullshit. When he picks a letter then it's a coming out. This is just a PR stunt.

by Anonymousreply 54June 27, 2021 11:48 AM

R5,2 Coming out as Gay takes courage. Coming out as Trans takes courage. So does coming out as Bi. He didn't do ANY of those things. He just claimed to be part of an amorphous community, that these days is so diffuse it could mean anything.

That didn't take any courage at all. He could live a completely hetero life, and if he is ever called on it, could just say he was questioning, or that he meant he is an ally, or any of the other ways that straight people are covered under LBGTQIA+ these days.

Love is love is easy to say, but to also state that you are anti-coming out, while making a vague claim to be part of a marginalized group, while refusing to state what you mean is obnoxious, unhelpful, and just looks like a ploy for attention.

by Anonymousreply 55June 27, 2021 11:51 AM

R55 Nailed it.

by Anonymousreply 56June 27, 2021 12:15 PM

He doesn't ascribe to a label? Well, pick one Dear, before we do it for you.

by Anonymousreply 57June 27, 2021 12:18 PM

Isn't everyone part of the LGBTQIAEIEIO+ community?

by Anonymousreply 58June 27, 2021 12:55 PM

He is 20 YEARS OLD! He is JUST NOW beginning to live his life, exploring the world as a young adult emerging from adolescence. Did it ever occur to you judgmental assholes that he didn’t say he’s bi or gay because he DOESN’T FUCKING KNOW YET if he’s bi or gay? Just cause you might have come out the womb wearing a tiara with a pink dildo in your ass doesn’t mean everyone knows who they were early on. Could you maybe give him a couple years of getting his freak on to reach a conclusion?

by Anonymousreply 59June 27, 2021 1:13 PM

R59 What kind of nonsense is that.

He is 20 not 12. At 20 you know who you are, other thing is if you want to accept who you are.

He is an actor from very young, he was no a kid from a religious fanatic family that lived without contact with the world.

The truth is his coming out is not a coming out at all, and he has all the right to do whatever he wants but at the same time he decided to not saying a thing he had the nerve to criticise people who really has the guts to come out

by Anonymousreply 60June 27, 2021 1:21 PM

So there’s no such thing as a 20 year old who doesn’t know his sexuality? What planet are you living on? When I was 20 I was still fucking and dating girls! And I’m gay!

by Anonymousreply 61June 27, 2021 1:26 PM

R61 He is a fucking actor. He lives in a world where there are a lot of gay people.

And yes, there are people who are extremely dumb and don't know what they want, but in most cases they don't date girls because they think they are straight, they date girls because they want to be straight

by Anonymousreply 62June 27, 2021 1:28 PM

R61 sure Jan

by Anonymousreply 63June 27, 2021 1:45 PM

R59 So don't make an announcement until you know.

by Anonymousreply 64June 27, 2021 1:48 PM

Sure Jan what? You people are insane the way you want to put everyone in these little boxes. You’ve never heard of a gay man who slept with women, R63? Is this such an impossible thing to you?

by Anonymousreply 65June 27, 2021 1:49 PM

So he’s either bi/pan or gay and not saying it to not alienate fan girls who want to date him.

by Anonymousreply 66June 27, 2021 1:51 PM

[QUOTE] So he’s either bi/pan or gay and not saying it to not alienate fan girls who want to date him.

Why are you so convinced that he’s not attracted to girls at all?

by Anonymousreply 67June 27, 2021 1:56 PM

R67

I didn’t say that at all. I said he could be bi/pan. But I could also see him being gay and just not saying it because of the fan girls who want to date him.

by Anonymousreply 68June 27, 2021 1:59 PM

R52- It took more GUTS for that football 🏈 player to come out than that show biz twink.

by Anonymousreply 69June 27, 2021 2:11 PM

Actually, show business is pretty bad with this as well. Every actor/singer who came out will tell you they were pressured to stay in the closet. Read Garrett Clayton’s story, for example.

by Anonymousreply 70June 27, 2021 2:28 PM

[QUOTE] Coming out as Gay takes courage. Coming out as Trans takes courage. So does coming out as Bi. He didn't do ANY of those things. He just claimed to be part of an amorphous community, that these days is so diffuse it could mean anything.

Bullshit. People know what it means: he likes girls AND dick. It’s not as amorphous as you think, and it was still risky. Otherwise why say anything at all? And if it’s so amorphous and risk-free then why don’t the legions of closeted gay celebrities join this safe, amorphous community? Instead they’re still marrying women and having kids without uttering a word about their sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 71June 27, 2021 2:40 PM

R70

Also, Garrett’s mainstream roles dried up when he came out and revealed the truths about the homophobic industry. The industry doesn’t want him for straight roles anymore like they used to. However, straight (and closeted) actors can play gay roles no questions asked.

by Anonymousreply 72June 27, 2021 2:44 PM

His career had dried up long before he finally came out

by Anonymousreply 73June 27, 2021 3:45 PM

[quote]That's because you are old

R51 Really? So you think every young guy knows who the star of the High School Musical TV show is? Bahahaha

by Anonymousreply 74June 27, 2021 3:47 PM

[quote][R50] That's because you are old

Well, I'm certainly not a 12-year-old girl.

by Anonymousreply 75June 27, 2021 4:17 PM

R70, Garrett was popular 5-10 years ago. Things are very different now. Companies are scrambling for LGBT representation. It was not that way back in Gary’s heyday.

Anywho, I still think this is all very fishy and Basset is straight. He made an actual joke in that one live interview, and he’s had to keep up the charade ever since, lest he gets cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 76June 27, 2021 4:29 PM

R75 You are not on DL either, because this is very far from the first thread about this guy

R74 No, not every guy. Nobody is known for every guy, but he was popular before his current show.

Most guys don't know who Noah Centineo is but he is pretty popular. And if you ask people over 25 most of them don't know BTS and they are very very popular

by Anonymousreply 77June 27, 2021 5:37 PM

I know who Noah Centineo is and I'm well over 25. I thought most people know who BTS is. I do, anyway. I also know a lot of singers and bands in their 20s that are a lot less famous than BTS. But I don't know who Joshua Bassett is. Now I do. But why do you shame people for not knowing who a slightly famous actor is. If you're young you probably don't know a lot of older actors. So what?

by Anonymousreply 78June 27, 2021 5:44 PM

(my reply above)

by Anonymousreply 79June 27, 2021 5:46 PM

R78 I was no shaming anybody, i just said you are not his target audience. He did just kids shows till now.

The ones who know him are teens, but he is popular with that audience

by Anonymousreply 80June 27, 2021 6:09 PM

R80 "That's because you are old" is not taken well by people who are old.

by Anonymousreply 81June 27, 2021 6:11 PM

R81 Well, i am old and i have no problem with that.

And when you start to write on a thread saying you don't know the guy people are talking it's the answer you deserve (because if you have a real interest you can google him) but when people do that is just to show that the guy is a nobody because they don't know him

by Anonymousreply 82June 27, 2021 6:15 PM

If a lot of people don't know a performer, then he is kind of a nobody. A star known mainly to people 21 or under is a niche star, a star popular with pre-teens, teens and young adults. No more, no less.

by Anonymousreply 83June 27, 2021 6:22 PM

R83 Nobody said he is a star (by the way there are no film stars anymore)

by Anonymousreply 84June 27, 2021 6:26 PM

You are incorrect, R84

by Anonymousreply 85June 27, 2021 6:33 PM

R85 You are right Brad, nobody under 35 is a star now

by Anonymousreply 86June 27, 2021 6:55 PM

[quote]You are right Brad, nobody under 35 is a star now

Excuse me?!?!

by Anonymousreply 87June 27, 2021 11:47 PM

Nobody so prissy-looking ever has the balls to say he is gay.

by Anonymousreply 88June 28, 2021 12:16 AM

Do you think he’s top, bottom, or vers?

by Anonymousreply 89June 28, 2021 12:45 AM

There are no movie stars today? There are movie stars, TV stars, music stars, and socia media stars.

by Anonymousreply 90June 28, 2021 1:39 AM

R53 Basset looks gay, talks gay and loves gay content. He's a gay musical fairy. He has no sexual chemistry with girls.

by Anonymousreply 91June 28, 2021 9:57 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92June 28, 2021 10:01 AM

He looks 14 tbh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93June 28, 2021 10:02 AM

Might be time for thicker glasses, R93. Nobody is looking at him and thinking he’s 14.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94June 28, 2021 10:14 AM

R93 That looks like pretty boy to me, who hasn't finished his physical development yet. That suit looks too big for him like a costume. It makes me think 'when you grow up, you could become a hottie', lol. But why bother discussing taste with the pedo army....

by Anonymousreply 95June 28, 2021 12:08 PM

Yes, he is a pretty boy. Nothing wrong with that. However the suit doesn’t look too big in any way, shape or form. All of his clothes are well tailored. And he looks like an 18-21 year old young man, not 14. Schedule an appointment with your optician.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96June 28, 2021 12:25 PM

R90 Please, tell me who are the new film stars, the actors and actress that made people go and buy tickets because i don't think there's absolutely noone new.

There are a lot of successful young actors but they have zero star power.

And most big blockbusters and emsemble films.

And yes, there are tv stars and music stars, but film stars are a totally different story

by Anonymousreply 97June 28, 2021 7:13 PM

R57 Oh, they have to be new? I just meant the usual film stars. Robert Downey, Jr., DiCaprio, etc.

by Anonymousreply 98June 28, 2021 8:41 PM

R98 Those were stars 20 years ago, of course they are stars, but there are no new film stars and it's been a while like that

by Anonymousreply 99June 28, 2021 8:55 PM

Joshua’s Dreams

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100June 29, 2021 7:31 PM

R99 Timothee Chalamet, Tom Hardy, Bradley Cooper, Adam Driver, Benedict Cumberbatch, Keira Knightley, Brie Larson, Lady Gaga

by Anonymousreply 101June 29, 2021 8:38 PM

Chris Evans, Chris Pine, Tom Holland, Christian Bale, Daniel Craig.

by Anonymousreply 102June 29, 2021 8:43 PM

R101 None of those sells tickets, and the Chalamet mention made me laugh. Sorry but that guy is only a star on magazines, he had zero box office hits.

He is a good actor but the guy has character actor written all over his face, just exactly like Lucas Hedges with the difference that Lucas knows that

by Anonymousreply 103June 29, 2021 8:54 PM

R100 Gollum is a top?

by Anonymousreply 104June 29, 2021 9:20 PM

R103 Actually, they do, if you look at a site like The Numbers, Holland, Pratt, Evans, Brie Lanson, Cumberbatch and others are listed among the top 10 or top 15 box office stars of '20 and '21.

by Anonymousreply 105July 1, 2021 3:01 AM

I get why people are criticizing him. I too wish he could be more upfront with what exactly he is, gay bi, pan? It would ne nice if he could clarify it. He could even say he has had relstionships with men and women, or just that he's attrated to both. He could still spout that no label bs, even if he clarified it. It is true that we don't know whatever the fuck he actually means, as "part of the LGBTQ" could mean anything, even straight allies.

With that said, I do think this is a tiby baby step forward. He is young and good looking. He is just starting out his career. Instead of pretending to be straight and getting a beard, he said he's part of LGBTQ. That is progress. Especially considering that fake love triangle he's in. Maybe he wanted out of that and that's why he came out. Or he wanted to clarify that his crush on Harry wasn't a joke. Or maybe a bit of both.

I get why people are wary of his coming out. I am too. Worst case scenario he could just be an ally and trying to get the LGBT clout. I read what he said though, and this stood out to me:“I would much rather deal with consequences and live my truth than live in fear." Why would he even say that if he was just a straight ally? Living his truth means something more imo, something bigger. I personally think he's at the very least attracted to both genders. Or as DL would say "he sucks cock" (lol). We might see him with a boyfriend in the future.

With all this said, I know I could be wrong. Maybe he is actually straight, is fooling everyone and that much talked about love triangle is actually real (hell, it could be even if he's bi/pan). I really hope he gives another interview to clarify things because for now this is very confusing. I don't appreciate these new ways of coming out. Even if you identify as no labels, there are ways of saying so without using labels.

by Anonymousreply 106July 2, 2021 11:21 AM

Tl;dr Basically I think he's sincere. Baby steps. He will figure himself out. Hopefully he'll come out properly one day. Only time will tell as what exactly that is, or if it was just one big joke and he's actually straight.

by Anonymousreply 107July 2, 2021 11:52 AM

Yeah my biggest problem with the ‘queer’/‘part of the community’ label is that it can mean anything from having watched one episode of drag race to wanting to reenact Dawson’s 50 load weekend.

When what we really want to know is does he suck cock or not

by Anonymousreply 108July 2, 2021 12:10 PM

[quote]Why would he even say that if he was just a straight ally?

Because it's the cool thing everyone says nowadays, whilst meaning absolutely nothing.

by Anonymousreply 109July 2, 2021 1:14 PM

Everyone like who, R109?

by Anonymousreply 110July 2, 2021 1:15 PM

R105 No and no, it's easy to sell tickets when you are in a superhero film, but none of them are able to translate that star power when they are in other films

by Anonymousreply 111July 2, 2021 1:17 PM

This kid looks like a new edition of Hugh Dancy.

by Anonymousreply 112July 2, 2021 1:17 PM

R108 Coming out as queer is extremely useful for actor because they don't have to acknoledge the previous beardings.

He was more in Andrew Garfield's territory wanting to look like a very open minded straight ally, but in his case it backfired even more than in Garfield's case.

by Anonymousreply 113July 2, 2021 1:20 PM

R109 I'm not talking about him being part of the LGBT, I'm talking about what he said in the GQ interview. He was talking about living his truth. That is code for "I like dick".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114July 2, 2021 1:25 PM

Maybe I'm mistaken because I'm not a native speaker, BUT...

Oh dear... "ascribe"? Wouldn't that be "subscribe"?

by Anonymousreply 115July 2, 2021 1:25 PM

What straight guy says "living my truth"? The answer is nobody.

by Anonymousreply 116July 2, 2021 1:26 PM

R114 Yes and that's what I was responding to, "living my truth" is the new meaningless phrase that you hear all over the place. It's the long form version of "queer".

by Anonymousreply 117July 2, 2021 1:29 PM

No, r115, you’re right. Doesn’t ascribe WHAT to a label?

by Anonymousreply 118July 2, 2021 1:30 PM

R117 And again I'm saying no straight guy would say that.

by Anonymousreply 119July 2, 2021 1:34 PM

I love these kinds of threads. Both sides make good points. I’ve switched my opinion on the matter several times.

by Anonymousreply 120July 2, 2021 1:38 PM

R120 Same. I'm going back and forth too. I wish he would say he is bi, pan or gay if that's what he is. I don't support straight people who are gay baiting. I hope that's not the case though. It's still big that someone at the start of their career would come out at all, even if it is vague. I hope he is able to clearify it more in the future. I'm a Millennial and I prefer labels.

by Anonymousreply 121July 2, 2021 1:55 PM

After reading that interview I get the feeling that he's still confused. He talked about being bullied as a kid, not being able to cry because that was seen as feminine etc. He also talks about going back and forth between the letters. I think he sounds a bit messed up. Maybe he's suppressed the gay bullying so he tried (or tries) to make it work with girls. Maybe he suffers from internalized homophobia, hence the no labels instead of just saying he's bi or gay. It's good that he's going to therapy. I think that will help him figure things out. In a few years he'll come out as gay, or at the very least bi.

by Anonymousreply 122July 2, 2021 2:35 PM

Honey, if you need to “figure it out,” you’re probably a big ol’ homo.

by Anonymousreply 123July 2, 2021 5:14 PM

R123 Exactly. It's why I think he's at the very least bi, if not fully gay. Maybe he didn't want to say it because he still has a substantial fanbase of fangirls. Which is why I think saying what he did, even if it was vague, was a big deal. I hope he can clarify it in the future though, because right now it's confusing. Is he pan, bi, gay? Who knows.

by Anonymousreply 124July 2, 2021 5:33 PM

Anyways, here's the story for those of you who want to read it. I recommend reading it and make up your own mind. It's a good interview, despite him being deliberately vague on the sexuality issue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125July 2, 2021 5:36 PM

R125 Gay from space

by Anonymousreply 126July 2, 2021 5:41 PM

He’s not saying it for the reason he stated: He doesn’t like being labeled.

He’ll get over that.

by Anonymousreply 127July 2, 2021 5:43 PM

Here’s another video where he looks and acts like a 14-year-old:

14:06

I should get Franklin a girl bear? Ooh! I don't know if Franklin is ready for a girlfriend yet. I think, uh, he's gotta really do some soul searching and discover who he is before he can love somebody, so... I'm very inspired by him in that way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128July 2, 2021 5:46 PM

So boring, so bland.

by Anonymousreply 129July 2, 2021 5:47 PM

He’s playing it up for his 14-year-old fangurls. In fact, he basically came out as ? immediately after the bear.

by Anonymousreply 130July 2, 2021 5:51 PM

R123 The point is if he has to figure it out maybe it was not time to talk about it, better wait till you have a clear idea.

I thought Lucas Hedges' coming out was bad (but with a perfect timing and purpose) but Basset's was not even a coming out, he didn't came out as anything at all

by Anonymousreply 131July 2, 2021 6:21 PM

Read between the lines. He said he went from one letter to another to another, well... he was talking about other people, but I think he was talking about himself. He basically says he's "confused" and that people wouldn't believe him no matter what he said his sexuality was. That to me seems like bi, gay people think he's gay and idiot straight fangirls think he's actually straight because of a fake live triangle. As if sleeping with a woman once or having a girlfriend makes him any less bi, lol.

by Anonymousreply 132July 7, 2021 4:38 PM

[Quote] He’s not saying it for the reason unstated: His career.

by Anonymousreply 133July 7, 2021 4:43 PM

R133 Exactly. He needs to fuel these fake dating rumors and fake love triangle. Otherwise he won't be able to sell his music to gullible fangirls. I still think he could have done that even if he did say he's bi though. Maybe he's actually fully gay, and that's why he won't talk.

by Anonymousreply 134July 7, 2021 4:48 PM

Whatever about his sexuality, I think he discussed with his management how to move forward from all the flack he was receiving for "breaking Olivia Rodrigo's heart" or whatever. Coming out as LGBTQ+ has got some of the "haters" off his back.

He has said in another video that his DMs are open to Harry Styles, and Harry Styles alone, so I doubt we'll see him with a boyfriend anytime soon. Apologies to Nicholas from "It."

by Anonymousreply 135July 7, 2021 6:56 PM

R135 So he's actually straight? What a bummer.

by Anonymousreply 136July 8, 2021 12:39 PM

[Quote] So he's actually straight?

He's super ambitious and I would suggest that's the leading quality driving his decision making.

by Anonymousreply 137July 8, 2021 2:39 PM

R136 I can't see him being straight at all. He is pretty fey. Doesn't he ping on your gaydar?

by Anonymousreply 138July 8, 2021 2:40 PM

R137 If he's so ambitious, he made some dumb decisions. Look where Olivia Rodrigo is (on top of the world) and look where he is....

by Anonymousreply 139July 8, 2021 2:43 PM

R138 Yes he does. He pinged hard the first time I saw him on HSMTMTS. Was surprised to read he was straight and in a straight love triangle in real life. His coming out does make sense. I just hope he's actually bi or gay and not just a woke ally.

by Anonymousreply 140July 8, 2021 2:49 PM

[Quote] If he's so ambitious, he made some dumb decisions. Look where Olivia Rodrigo is (on top of the world) and look where he is...

No one is guaranteed to realize their ambitions, hon.

by Anonymousreply 141July 8, 2021 3:01 PM

Is this queerbaiting? Is he just trying to clear his name? He knows he looks bad after Olivia's success writing about how he dumped her for some other woman. Is all of it is fake? Or is his coming out fake? Why do I have a feeling we'll never see him with a guy?

by Anonymousreply 142July 10, 2021 6:18 PM

R142 To be fair, only fangirls really think Driver's license is about them. She is a Taylor Swift's fan and as her idol she write about her relationships (imaginary and real).

I still think he wanted to be cool showing his appreciation of Harry Styles and backfired big time, but frankly, he was promoted as a hearthrob and the Driver's license controversy wouldn't harm his career at all so who knows

by Anonymousreply 143July 10, 2021 6:32 PM

R143 Initially, Sabrina and Josh wanted the controversy, too. That’s why Sabrina timely published a provocative song as her ‘answer‘ to DL but it backfired.

by Anonymousreply 144July 11, 2021 3:29 PM

It didn't really backfire. It gave Sabrina her best chart position thus far.

by Anonymousreply 145July 11, 2021 3:34 PM

Josh Insta'd himself in the hospital on release week. He's dedicated to making headlines.

by Anonymousreply 146July 11, 2021 3:35 PM

How is it possible to come out as LGBT? Can a person be homo, lez, bi and trans all at the same time?

by Anonymousreply 147July 11, 2021 4:17 PM

Saying you're from California doesn't mean you're from Van Nuys, Corona, Susanville and Banning all at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 148July 11, 2021 4:30 PM

Are you gays/fraus too young or too stupid? This crying effete is no hetero!

by Anonymousreply 149July 11, 2021 4:31 PM

Straight men cry.

by Anonymousreply 150July 11, 2021 4:34 PM

Yes, straight men cry but this one was clearly a gayling all along.

by Anonymousreply 151July 11, 2021 4:36 PM

He’s hinting at him being gay or bi without saying it outright so it won’t affect his career (Yes, Hollywood is still homophobic towards openly gay actors. They want their gay actors to remain closeted.).

by Anonymousreply 152July 11, 2021 4:39 PM

What if he's bi?

by Anonymousreply 153July 11, 2021 4:39 PM

Bassett has said that he's interested in his HSM character having a queer storyline. It will certainly take him away from the Olivia Rodrigo connection.

by Anonymousreply 154July 11, 2021 4:40 PM

[quote]He’s hinting at him being gay or bi without saying it outright so it won’t affect his career (Yes, Hollywood is still homophobic towards openly gay actors. They want their gay actors to remain closeted.).

And yet Hollywood has no problem with actors hinting at being gay or bi?

by Anonymousreply 155July 11, 2021 4:44 PM

Straight. Will never be seen with anyone besides an actual female.

by Anonymousreply 156July 11, 2021 5:02 PM

Why is only irrelevant actors that come out as "queer" or "no label"?

I hate these boring narcissists.

by Anonymousreply 157July 11, 2021 5:07 PM

HSM has actually done pretty well. Bassett is not irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 158July 11, 2021 5:23 PM

[Quote] And yet Hollywood has no problem with actors hinting at being gay or bi?

Hollywood is about making money. If Hollywood sees a niche, Hollywood will try to fill it. Things are changing. For the better.

by Anonymousreply 159July 11, 2021 5:24 PM

r154 What a polite way for him to say he's horny for Matt Cornett.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160July 11, 2021 5:29 PM

Well, we know he's not horny for Larry Saperstein. They've never partaken in each other's Insta nail painting parties!

by Anonymousreply 161July 11, 2021 5:34 PM

[quote] Well, we know he's not horny for Larry Saperstein

Who is? The name alone is boner killing. His parents really looked at an innocent new born baby and said "we'll give this ginger kid a name better suited for 90 year old retired pawnbroker".

by Anonymousreply 162July 11, 2021 5:38 PM

R162 What? Larry is very cute. But also obviously gay, although he only came out as bi.

by Anonymousreply 163July 11, 2021 5:45 PM

R160 hm, kinda awkward and inappropriate. He couldn’t say the same about a female co-star without backlash nowadays…

by Anonymousreply 164July 11, 2021 5:56 PM

R121, who in the hell says they're "Pan"?

by Anonymousreply 165July 12, 2021 8:10 AM

Peter

by Anonymousreply 166July 13, 2021 3:08 AM

Jerri Blank would say she's pan, especially if there were some percocet jimmies on the table.

by Anonymousreply 167July 13, 2021 3:17 AM

Podcast with Joshua Bassett. He talks about love, music etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168July 31, 2021 7:25 PM

And now he has an ATTITUDE cover.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169August 12, 2021 12:43 AM

"Don't waste time in toxic relationships." He knows what he's doing with that one.

by Anonymousreply 170August 12, 2021 12:46 AM

The face he makes before there's a quick cut at 2:09/2:10... I think he's rather faking the "easy" breezy narrative.

by Anonymousreply 171August 12, 2021 12:48 AM

R169, I don't see his religious father sharing that Attitude interview on Facebook.

by Anonymousreply 172August 12, 2021 1:01 AM

R169

I love him. Marry me please.

by Anonymousreply 173August 12, 2021 1:14 AM

Are you facebook friends with his father, r172? Joshua's mother rand for local government as a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 174August 12, 2021 1:59 AM

I think you mean she rund

by Anonymousreply 175August 12, 2021 2:02 AM

I don't know where that d came from.

by Anonymousreply 176August 12, 2021 2:03 AM

Gay as the day is long, but needs to keep the female fans to SOME degree. Zoomer girls love "bi" guys.

by Anonymousreply 177August 12, 2021 2:12 AM

[Quote] watch the ATTITUDE, young man/lady/they/them !

Em...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178August 12, 2021 2:53 AM

Am I supposed to know who this is? Angela Bassett's unattractive nephew?

by Anonymousreply 179August 12, 2021 2:58 AM

[Quote] Am I supposed to know who this is?

He plays the Zac Efron role in the TV series of "High School Musical."

by Anonymousreply 180August 12, 2021 3:00 AM

No, R174, but his dad’s profile is public.

by Anonymousreply 181August 12, 2021 3:51 AM

Is his New York move for work or to get away from his family?

by Anonymousreply 182August 12, 2021 3:55 AM

His fundie father probably secretly believes “The devil worshipping entertainment industry is corrupting my son! Oh, if only he simply had a drug addiction problem instead of a dick addiction problem!”

by Anonymousreply 183August 12, 2021 4:00 AM

Another forum claimed that Joshua's family were already aware of his male leanings, from his Christian camp days.

by Anonymousreply 184August 12, 2021 4:02 AM

R184, are you talking about LPSG?

by Anonymousreply 185August 12, 2021 4:39 AM

I don't recall.

by Anonymousreply 186August 12, 2021 4:41 AM

He's reached the unrequited desire desire to fool around with the (probably) straight friend stage of homosexual development.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187September 2, 2021 4:30 PM

Who cares what this old says?

by Anonymousreply 188September 2, 2021 4:36 PM

Who??

by Anonymousreply 189September 2, 2021 4:37 PM

Looky, looky.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190October 4, 2021 10:31 AM

Check out his Insta story. He's at a Harry Styles concert and fangirling hard.

by Anonymousreply 191October 4, 2021 7:10 PM

Is he the current it twink of HW? He's so generic looking....

by Anonymousreply 192October 5, 2021 4:06 AM

Whereas popular whites are usually so exotic looking...

by Anonymousreply 193October 5, 2021 10:06 AM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 194October 5, 2021 12:34 PM

Joshua Bassett says he was sexually abused a lot as a child.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195December 3, 2021 6:19 PM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 196December 3, 2021 6:20 PM

That's terrible he went through that but now everyone will think the molestation made him gay.

by Anonymousreply 197December 3, 2021 6:41 PM

Speaking his truth!

Midway through our conversation, Basset out of nowhere states that "I experienced sexual abuse a lot in my childhood.” He looks down and tears up as he continues: “I didn't remember that until last year, which is pretty insane. I buried it so far. And when I was a teen, a much older man routinely abused me, and I wasn't able to see it for what it was at the time." “Set Me Free,” the third song released today, is in part about processing this experience, he says—he calls it “an anthem for me and the sort of people who’ve held pain and power over me my whole life.”

by Anonymousreply 198December 3, 2021 7:12 PM

I think I'll avoid Twitter today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199December 3, 2021 7:15 PM

R198 If he was in his teen when this abuse happened, there's no way to "not remember" until now unless he suffered amnesia.

by Anonymousreply 200December 3, 2021 8:14 PM

r200 “I experienced sexual abuse a lot in my childhood,” he said while tearing up in the interview. I didn’t remember that until last year, which is pretty insane. I buried it so far. And when I was a teen, a much older man routinely abused me, and I wasn’t able to see it for what it was at the time,” he continued.

by Anonymousreply 201December 3, 2021 8:23 PM

Two words: who cares?

by Anonymousreply 202December 3, 2021 8:34 PM

Do young people even come out as gay anymore? I’m honestly asking. Do they just see it as an action like cooking. “I love to cook and duck men.”

by Anonymousreply 203December 3, 2021 8:46 PM

Fuck

by Anonymousreply 204December 3, 2021 8:47 PM

So he doesn’t remember the early childhood sex abuse, but it sounds like a willing participant in his teen sex abuse. I wonder how much older the older guy was? Late teens? 20s?

by Anonymousreply 205December 3, 2021 10:41 PM

R205 Maybe the teen incidents were at Disney? Maybe some senior executive in their 40’s, 50’s? Doesn’t that happen often? Yeah, he might have enjoyed it if he only recently came to the conclusion that he was taken advantage of….

by Anonymousreply 206December 3, 2021 10:58 PM

So he came out as nothing?

How brave! What a support for gay+ youth!

by Anonymousreply 207December 3, 2021 11:01 PM

R197 The SA explains why he is unsure of his sexuality when he’s almost 21….

by Anonymousreply 208December 3, 2021 11:01 PM

R197, boys who are photo-gay are at greater risk of sex abuse because by the nature of their sexual attraction to males, they are often willing participants, not understanding the abuse that is going on.

by Anonymousreply 209December 4, 2021 12:18 AM

PROTO-GAY^

by Anonymousreply 210December 4, 2021 12:19 AM

Oh, please, he just remembered that he was abused? This is some Roseanne bullshit. He’s fucked in the head and was beating up women. He’s another Chris Brown. He’s trying to find sympathy. It’s to distract people away from remembering all the crap he’s been doing. Just flush this turd and be done with it. He’s another Demi Levato.

by Anonymousreply 211December 4, 2021 12:24 AM

R211, it wasn’t something he had blacked out, it’s probably something that at the time, it had no significance to him and didn’t bother thinking about it for years (as far as the early childhood incidents). However, once he remembers, I think he’s probably romanticizing it and being overdramatic about it.

by Anonymousreply 212December 4, 2021 12:28 AM

R211, he will turn out much better than Demi Lovato. He still has this too innocent of a quality and looks like he doesn’t dog drugs or party very much. Demi on the other hand… what destroyed her was all the drugs she did, not the sex abuse.

by Anonymousreply 213December 4, 2021 1:46 AM

[quote]He’s fucked in the head and was beating up women. He’s another Chris Brown

What?

by Anonymousreply 214December 4, 2021 5:06 AM

"She took on the status quo, she took on the establishment, and now she takes on a continent. Netflix presents 'Roxane Gay in Antarctica.' "

by Anonymousreply 215December 4, 2021 5:11 AM

R213 At least he is not fat like Demi.

by Anonymousreply 216December 4, 2021 8:31 AM

The fact that he was abused by an older man is maybe why he's so messed up about his own sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 217December 4, 2021 7:13 PM

Maybe I'm mixing him up with some other white twink. I thought he was the one who had a girlfriend alleging he abused her. Anyway.

by Anonymousreply 218December 4, 2021 11:16 PM

Repressed memories are not real.

by Anonymousreply 219December 4, 2021 11:17 PM

He may have been abused, but claiming that you forgot and had repressed it is always suspicious, not to mention that he's using it for publicity. Given his age, that he's male, etc, his being abused would not be that shocking.

by Anonymousreply 220December 4, 2021 11:18 PM

R220, I don’t think he’s claiming the memory was “repressed.”

Example, I have a friend who, when he was about 8 or 9, he “played doctor” with his 4 year-old sister. She didn’t think anything of it at the time. Then when she was 13, she suddenly remembered it, and she got all upset that it happened. She hadn’t had a “repressed” memory. At the time at the event, it just had no significance to her and she didn’t think about it for a long time. Then when she finally recalled it, she was old enough to appreciate the significance of it, and she probably overinflated the significance of it.

by Anonymousreply 221December 5, 2021 1:58 AM

R208 Nailed it. He probably thinks being gay (or bi) is something bad because of the SA he experienced. He might feel safer if he's with a girl. Might be a while before he dares to be in a relationship with another guy.

by Anonymousreply 222December 5, 2021 6:39 AM

wasn't he the one who was calling people dirty fags on twitter before he got famous. clearly this is damage control.

by Anonymousreply 223December 5, 2021 7:43 AM

R222, he still thought Harry Styles was hot. He came out. It might be ye doesn’t know if he even likes girls?

by Anonymousreply 224December 5, 2021 9:07 AM

I like Joshua and I like Olivia Rodrigo and their show on Disney, but I am sorry, the whole drama about their relationship, Olivia's break up song (Driver's License), his immediate song release as response, his coming out, then coming out as victim of sexual abuse seems so staged and fabricated for media attention and self-promotion. To me, nothing of it feels genuine. Everything seemed tied to some commercial release.

by Anonymousreply 225December 5, 2021 10:08 AM

[quote] He is 20 not 12. At 20 you know who you are

And in ten years he will be fugly and middle-aged and we will have forgotten who he was.

by Anonymousreply 226December 5, 2021 10:33 AM

R225 With everything that has happened in 2021, one could think that’s it’s all fabricated. But it has been a super rough year for him for sure. He has been looking rough and frail and seems to struggle with depression and paranoia. Some of his youthful innocence got lost along the way. By the way, Lie Lie Lie, the song released in shortly Drivers License, was written years before, as he had performed it on IG a couple of times. The release had been planned for a long time. If anything, you could say Olivia‘s management tried to subvert his release by publishing Drivers License a few days before to set the narrative. He is definitely not friends with Olivia anymore, they haven’t spoken since the release of Drivers License, and she hasn’t said anything against the hate he received for being seen as a ‘traitor’ and even ‘abuser’ by some of her fans. If it’s fabricated, he made a terrible deal because Olivia has received 7 Grammy noms and become the public’s darling by shading him while his fan base is much much smaller and niche.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227December 5, 2021 10:43 AM

R226 Duh, such a random post. Most celebrities won’t be as successful when they loose their looks and get older. And the DL is mostly interested in young good looking males, especially if they have gay rumors. This is nothing new or specific about Joshua.

by Anonymousreply 228December 5, 2021 10:47 AM

[quote]He’s fucked in the head and was beating up women. He’s another Chris Brown

He would be even more interesting if he came out and said he wanted Chris Brown to fuck him lol

by Anonymousreply 229December 5, 2021 10:47 AM

penis

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230December 5, 2021 10:49 AM

He's so Hot!

by Anonymousreply 231December 5, 2021 3:07 PM

R231 Yes he is. Just my type. I love cute twinks.

by Anonymousreply 232December 5, 2021 3:45 PM

Bumping this thread for bitches who dont know how to search.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233March 25, 2022 12:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!