Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Apple chargers that don’t break

Somehow I get through a few of them every year, both branded and off-brand and if varying cable length. They never last. Sooner or later, the cable either burns out, frays internally, or snaps.

Please recommend me a tough one that I can use for years without damage. I usually charge from the floor or wall to a low table.

by Anonymousreply 6June 24, 2021 1:37 PM

I’ve been going through the same thing OP. Quality chargers are so hard to find.

by Anonymousreply 1June 24, 2021 12:47 PM

Do you mean the power adapter or the cable.

If you mean the power adapter - what the hell are you doing?

If you mean the cable - it's user error. You are probably pulling to cable, rather than grasping the connector to remove it. You'd probably do better with a braided cable, rather than a plastic coated one.

by Anonymousreply 2June 24, 2021 12:53 PM

I find that the cable frays at both ends so I always roll scotch tape around the ends at the very start. I’ve also noticed that they last longer if you keep them plugged in to one spot instead of carrying them around except when absolutely necessary. I keep a cheap non~brand charger for travel

by Anonymousreply 3June 24, 2021 12:55 PM

I have tried a wide variety, and they all have a fairly short shelf life. I've learned to just buy a multipack so there is always a spare on hand. So far the one I bought by from Amazon Basics that has been holding up pretty well compared to the no-name braided cables.

by Anonymousreply 4June 24, 2021 1:13 PM

The cords with the thick net surrounding the wires are supposed to be the most durable, but they are not.

by Anonymousreply 5June 24, 2021 1:25 PM

The lightening cables with reinforced stress points work for me. Amazon sells a variety of them. They are reinforced with either coiled metal or flexible plastic. Here is an example.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 24, 2021 1:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!