Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sarah Brightman Serving You Edwina Monsoon-Level Delusional

You can’t under it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25December 4, 2021 4:06 PM

I love Sarah, but some slick marketing person convinced her to do this.

by Anonymousreply 1June 24, 2021 11:17 AM

What's the problem? Singers dress up in costumes for their music videos all the time. This is corny, but isn't all her music corny? It seems fitting. I don't see the problem.

by Anonymousreply 2June 24, 2021 11:20 AM

She's starting to look like Jocelyn Wildenstein, the lyrics are repetitive dreck, the music is flat and forgettable, the the production is cloying.

Other than that, I loved it.

by Anonymousreply 3June 24, 2021 11:23 AM

All classical/pop-classical artists have corny videos like this!

by Anonymousreply 4June 24, 2021 11:28 AM

Why the fuck she has to sing in a little girl's voice? Was she re-virginized or something?

by Anonymousreply 5June 24, 2021 11:32 AM

She's quite stout.

by Anonymousreply 6June 24, 2021 11:43 AM

She slept with the beyond hideous troll Lloyd Webber to advance her career and still ended up a has-been joke. Minnie Mouse on helium.

by Anonymousreply 7June 24, 2021 11:45 AM

Her voice is hoarse. She need a rest.

by Anonymousreply 8June 24, 2021 11:48 AM

CHINS UP, BABE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 24, 2021 11:58 AM

She lives in her own bubble.

by Anonymousreply 10June 24, 2021 11:59 AM

Her voice is terrible - it's surprising that the average theater goer thought she was brilliant in Phantom.

The irony of playing Christine as the superior singer and showing up Carlotta was clearly lost on most people.

by Anonymousreply 11June 24, 2021 11:59 AM

Agree, r11. Her voice is pretty mediocre, she was the low point in Phantom.

by Anonymousreply 12June 24, 2021 12:04 PM

Michael Crawford was worse than her.

by Anonymousreply 13June 24, 2021 12:10 PM

She’s also many years older from the Phantom days r11 and she was pretty dreadful then. Do you know she lost her heart to a draught excluder?

by Anonymousreply 14June 24, 2021 12:35 PM

It's Edina, not a.

by Anonymousreply 15June 24, 2021 12:37 PM

R15, a was her actual name. She didn't think it was fashionable enough, so she changed it to Edina. Mrs Monsoon pointedly called her a in at least one episode.

by Anonymousreply 16June 24, 2021 12:39 PM

R16 Details are important!

by Anonymousreply 17June 24, 2021 12:48 PM

It always cracks me up when people refer to her as an “opera singer”. Even on the DL I recently saw her name in the same sentence as Renee Fleming, Pavarotti, and, yes, Andrea fucking Boccelli! Sure, she was sort of classically trained. But she never sang, and could have never sung, on an opera stage. Like, er, opera singers. And no, Phantom of the fucking opera is NOT an opera.

by Anonymousreply 18June 24, 2021 1:27 PM

I didn’t know she was doing Christian music now.

That melody is a reworking of Vangelis’ Chariots of Fire.

by Anonymousreply 19June 24, 2021 1:34 PM

I saw her sing Phantom of the Opera with Michael Crawford ….what a treat that was….it was phenomenal.

by Anonymousreply 20June 24, 2021 1:46 PM

R18 Andrea Boccelli is also not an opera singer. He is just a pop singer with an operatic voice.

by Anonymousreply 21June 26, 2021 4:28 AM

That's our Sarah -always ready to plumb new depths!

OP, why bring up (pun intended) this dreck now? She released the album and this video in 2018. Most of the world shrugged it off, but it reached top-ten status (No. 7) in Australia and South Korea. Of course, it hit No. 1 in -where else? -the US (as a classical album).

The end is nigh!

by Anonymousreply 22June 26, 2021 5:16 AM

I'm watching her "A Christmas Symphony" on PBS now. Eyes are so tight surprised they open. Is it true role in "Phantom" was part of her divorce deal with Andrew Lloyd?

by Anonymousreply 23December 4, 2021 3:51 PM

[quote] Is it true role in "Phantom" was part of her divorce deal with Andrew Lloyd?

Phantom opened in London in 1986. They divorced in 1990.

From what people generally say, he wrote the role with her in mind, including her particular singing "quirks" and overwrought acting. Let's just say that from what most people say, had she played Carlotta, it would have been too close to art imitating life...

by Anonymousreply 24December 4, 2021 3:55 PM

Idk a ton about her but I do like a lot of her music. Her voice is fine. She makes pop music that's dreamy but fun.

by Anonymousreply 25December 4, 2021 4:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!