Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What are you having for supper?

I'm grilling a veggie burger and asparagus. My salad will be made with fresh lettuce, chives, green onions, and tomatoes all freshly picked from my garden!

Jealous, bitches?

by Anonymousreply 48June 24, 2021 7:51 PM

Translation: I'm going to Taco Bell to get food, to eat whilst I'm in the drive through line at McDonalds, which will be my supper of two Big Mac meals.

by Anonymousreply 1June 23, 2021 9:06 PM

R1 don't be a bitch, bitch

OP I've had homemade veggie pizza with no cheese.

by Anonymousreply 2June 23, 2021 9:10 PM

How do you make the patty for a Veggie burger? Or is it just buns, cheese and salad?

by Anonymousreply 3June 23, 2021 9:13 PM

Ham salad sandwich + 6 pickled asparagus spears on the side.

by Anonymousreply 4June 23, 2021 9:15 PM

Is it supper or dinner?

by Anonymousreply 5June 23, 2021 9:15 PM

No bun, R3. I'm not a fat whore.

by Anonymousreply 6June 23, 2021 9:17 PM

Sounds lovely! My tomatoes are about to ripen. I love having those with onions and green onions. This is better than what Greg could put together

by Anonymousreply 7June 23, 2021 9:17 PM

I'm eating leftover pasta with chickpea sauce and a little Frank's Red Hot sauce.

by Anonymousreply 8June 23, 2021 9:17 PM

Supper was originally a secondary lighter evening meal. The main meal of the day, called dinner, used to be served closer to what is known as lunchtime, around the middle of the day, but crept later over the centuries, mostly over the course of the 19th century. When dinner was still at the early time, eating a lighter supper in the evening was very common; it was not always the last meal of the day, as there might be a tea later.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 23, 2021 9:20 PM

Im ordering a fried chicken family meal,with mashed potatoes, green beans, biscuits, coleslaw, and fried okra. I get it from a chicken restaurant in the back of a laundromat.

by Anonymousreply 10June 23, 2021 9:22 PM

Cock.

by Anonymousreply 11June 23, 2021 9:26 PM

Sounds great unless your unspecified veggie burger is fake meat. Glyphosate, GMO soy, lots of sodium and fat.

by Anonymousreply 12June 23, 2021 9:28 PM

Vegan burrito with roasted beets, black beans and cashew cream. New place that just opened in my neighborhood. Let’s see how it is.

What brand of veggie burger do you prefer OP?

by Anonymousreply 13June 23, 2021 9:30 PM

I'm broiling a salmon filet as we speak, and I have a melange of vegetables pan frying on the stove, and a slice of cantaloupe for dessert.

by Anonymousreply 14June 23, 2021 9:34 PM

Your salad sounds amazing. My tomatoes won’t be ready for another month, so I’m going to have to hit the farmers market this weekend.

by Anonymousreply 15June 23, 2021 9:37 PM

Jenny Craig Fish n Chips entree. I put ketchup on it! 😝

by Anonymousreply 16June 23, 2021 9:40 PM

I don't have a favourite, R13, but this is what I'm having tonight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 23, 2021 9:41 PM

Oops, it didn't link properly, R13.

Anyway, it's Belmont's Chipotle Black Bean plant based burger.

by Anonymousreply 18June 23, 2021 9:43 PM

We don't have "supper" in NYC, you country bumpkin.

by Anonymousreply 19June 23, 2021 9:43 PM

La Genovese Napoletana over either rigatoni or polenta. I made both and haven't decided yet with a side salad. It's more of a winter dish, but I saw it made on a travel/slash cooking show, and it looked good, so I found the recipe. It's delicious and easy, especially if you have a mandolin to slice the onions. I recommend it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 23, 2021 11:40 PM

Country bumpkin in the US? That's interesting since 'supper' in the UK is used by upper middle class people for the evening meal. Middle class people say 'dinner' and working class people say 'tea'.

by Anonymousreply 21June 23, 2021 11:45 PM

Salad of mixed lettuce (from my garden) with Korean melon, strawberries and sesame sticks in a Thai basil vinaigrette. Also, leftover Japanese golden curry that I made on Monday.

by Anonymousreply 22June 23, 2021 11:52 PM

Fried Catfish and canned peach halves in heavy syrup.

by Anonymousreply 23June 24, 2021 12:00 AM

A can of Progresso chickarina soup.

by Anonymousreply 24June 24, 2021 12:13 AM

[quote] Fried Catfish and canned peach halves in heavy syrup.

I put canned peaches in the freezer until the syrup gets slushy with ice. Mmm mmm good.

by Anonymousreply 25June 24, 2021 1:45 AM

Not jealous of someone who used the word “veggie”, OP.

by Anonymousreply 26June 24, 2021 1:48 AM

OP lost me at 'veggie burger'.

by Anonymousreply 27June 24, 2021 7:02 AM

OP lost me at “what,” not whom.

by Anonymousreply 28June 24, 2021 7:20 AM

[quote]Country bumpkin in the US? That's interesting since 'supper' in the UK is used by upper middle class people for the evening meal. Middle class people say 'dinner' and working class people say 'tea'.

No one thinks Britain is superior to the USA - or anywhere else - though.

by Anonymousreply 29June 24, 2021 7:45 AM

That has nothing to do with country superiority, R29, just what words people use.

by Anonymousreply 30June 24, 2021 7:56 AM

[quote]My salad will be made with fresh lettuce,

I guess we're supposed to be terribly impressed that OP isn't using wilted brown lettuce.

by Anonymousreply 31June 24, 2021 8:09 AM

R3, silly question but....my veggie burger patties are raw beetroot, black beans, red onion, mushroom, cilantro, cumin, chilli flakes, salt and pepper and a few panko crumbs. Pulse slightly in the food processor, make into a patty shape..placed on an oiled baking tray with cumin powder dusted over the top. Bake 25-30 mins in a hot oven, turning once!! Perfect. Easy to make, wholesome and no additives.

by Anonymousreply 32June 24, 2021 9:03 AM

I haven't looked at my menu for this evening. I had french toast with sugar free maple syrup for breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 33June 24, 2021 10:31 AM

fresh lettuce?

how fancy OP isn't using canned or frozen lettuce. Or, quel horreur, freeze dried lettuce flakes.

by Anonymousreply 34June 24, 2021 11:14 AM

For dinner last night, I had a USU (use stuff up) frittata: mushrooms, green onions, purple onions, jalapeno pepper, garlic, tomato, eggs, with pepperjack and cheddar cheeses on top -- plus toasted French bread and a bloody mary made with V8 juice and serrano pepper vodka.

by Anonymousreply 35June 24, 2021 1:12 PM

Eating kosher …you Gentiles will eat just about anything..,yuck!

by Anonymousreply 36June 24, 2021 1:23 PM

Veggie burger sounds gross and bland, OP. Just eat meat.

by Anonymousreply 37June 24, 2021 1:30 PM

And R29, no one thinks the US is superior to anywhere either.

by Anonymousreply 38June 24, 2021 1:38 PM

Whenever anyone uses an abundance of adjectives and adverbs to describe something they've made -- "fresh lettuce," "all freshly picked from my garden!" -- you know they're trying to make it sound much more exciting than it actually is.

by Anonymousreply 39June 24, 2021 5:05 PM

R21, that the opposite of everything I’ve ever heard.

For instance, in one of the later seasons of ‘Are You Being Served” Captain Peacock chastised Miss Brahms for calling their lunch ‘dinner’. He said that in Britain one has lunch at midday and dinner in the evening. I was always under the impression that amongst the upper-classes the difference between dinner and supper was a question of the formality of the fare and setting, not the person eating it.

by Anonymousreply 40June 24, 2021 5:18 PM

Two Fat Ladies Meat Loaf. They called it "Hedgehog".

No more of this crap meatloaf full of ketchup, BBQ sauce, tomatoe pure, worcestershire, canned soup, or what-not !

by Anonymousreply 41June 24, 2021 5:22 PM

R40, yes, a big proper formal event would be a dinner but a regular evening meal like what this thread is about is called supper amongst the upper middle and upper classes. Captain Peacock sounds lower middle class especially if he began as a sweeper in the stockroom and tends to look very smart. And since it's usually the working class who call the midday meal dinner, he was being a snob about that, natch.

by Anonymousreply 42June 24, 2021 6:10 PM

OP- I’m not having SUPPER

I’m eating DINNER 🍲

by Anonymousreply 43June 24, 2021 6:16 PM

In New England, or at least the part where I'm from, many people called the midday meal "dinner," even if it was some soup and a sandwich. The evening meal was called supper, even when it was the main meal of the day. (New England has retained a lot of British pronunciations and phrases.)

by Anonymousreply 44June 24, 2021 6:19 PM

Jealous of a veggie burger?

Because...

by Anonymousreply 45June 24, 2021 6:20 PM

For dinner I’m having - Trader Joe’s Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt with Trader Joe’s Hummus mixed in, plus Health Valley Low Sodium Organic Lentil Soup with Organic Brown Rice

by Anonymousreply 46June 24, 2021 7:08 PM

Italian sausage, pepper and onion hoagie and pasta salad.

by Anonymousreply 47June 24, 2021 7:37 PM

Chicken Marsala

by Anonymousreply 48June 24, 2021 7:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!