Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is Andrew Yang's collapse complete?

What's next for him? He made a name for himself in the 2019/20 Democratic presidential primary. Now he tried again for NYC mayor. After initially topping the polls he fell to 4th place and based on early returns tonight it doesn't seem he's going to win

Will he end up getting a job in the Biden administration or DNC? or what?

by Anonymousreply 77July 6, 2021 2:22 PM

Back to the CNN Take Mines for old Andy.

by Anonymousreply 1June 23, 2021 2:06 AM

How far the “mighty” have fallen.

by Anonymousreply 2June 23, 2021 2:19 AM

I hope not. He's not realistic.

by Anonymousreply 3June 23, 2021 2:49 AM

he just conceded the NYC race

by Anonymousreply 4June 23, 2021 3:04 AM

I hope Adams does win. We need someone to crack down on crime.

by Anonymousreply 5June 23, 2021 3:11 AM

Anybody who’s main platform and mantra is “Math is Good” deserves to fail, doesn’t the motherfucker know most of us hate Math?

by Anonymousreply 6June 23, 2021 3:52 AM

Yes, because he brought the China virus!

by Anonymousreply 7June 23, 2021 3:53 AM

I am hoping he just goes away. I hope I never see or hear from him again.

by Anonymousreply 8June 23, 2021 4:04 AM

He will be the new host of Jeopardy.

by Anonymousreply 9June 23, 2021 3:28 PM

The liberal media which is so terrified of being accused of racism, refused to vet him at all during the Democratic primary, never questioning why some guy nobody had ever heard of, with no qualifications whatsoever to hold any elective office and whose backers were ultra-mysterious, was running for President. Nah, he was the Token East Asian and needed to be treated with kid gloves. Had they bothered to vet him, they would have discovered he's an elitist, clueless libertarian.

by Anonymousreply 10June 23, 2021 3:35 PM

R10 He supports UBI. That is the opposite of libertarian. You do know words have meaning right? You can’t just throw them around willy nilly.

by Anonymousreply 11June 23, 2021 3:41 PM

I don’t think he can run for office again. Loser isn’t ever a good look. It isn’t impossible, but he needs to do something else political for a while. Probably isn’t any Cabinet position you can give him unless someone else leaves, but Biden might want to throw him a bone and make him an Ambassador somewhere. He speaks Chinese, so of course China is an option. And he understands tech, and as we are now focused more on tech and cyber security issues, he may bring a unique set of eyes.

by Anonymousreply 12June 23, 2021 3:44 PM

He's been exposed as a complete phony who will say or do anything (along with his wife), so probably not.

by Anonymousreply 13June 23, 2021 3:44 PM

He’s a smart guy with good ideas. The dissing here seems to be troll-driven.

by Anonymousreply 14June 23, 2021 3:44 PM

Yang had a more than respectful run for President and had everyone's admiration after that. Running for NYC mayor was a catastrophic mistake and whoever advised him to do it has a lot to answer for.

by Anonymousreply 15June 23, 2021 3:49 PM

R11 the Club for Growth has been trying to get rid of entitlements (Social Security, Medicare) for 30 years. They've been notably unsuccessful as even rightwingers like them. So, why not try another tack? Pit slackers against old folks and impoverished people who get welfare: invent a 'UBI' claim it would be paid to everybody - all those incels sitting in Mom's basement would love that. And then present the case: either you get the UBI or you continue to get entitlements. Slackers outnumber old folks and people with disabilities and it's a big win!

And then the UBI basically turns into a tax break.

You obviously haven't been around many libertarians not to have spotted Yang's gambit.

by Anonymousreply 16June 23, 2021 3:49 PM

He’s like the new Beto O’Rourke except not hot.

by Anonymousreply 17June 23, 2021 3:56 PM

Unfair R17 - Beto's going town to town in Texas, hitting the most rightwing towns in this fucking state, rallying people to push for voting rights and get people registered to vote. At his rallies he has to deal with asshole Trumpsters toting AR-15s and heckling him and he does it with panache. I can't imagine any other politician having his balls. He's a force of nature. Yang's a gameshow host.

by Anonymousreply 18June 23, 2021 4:00 PM

R16 Making up wild scenarios to justify the fact you don’t like Asians.

by Anonymousreply 19June 23, 2021 4:01 PM

There was no way for him to survive all the anti-Asian hate from the media. The media decided that a black candidate should win.

by Anonymousreply 20June 23, 2021 4:04 PM

What anti-Asian hate in the media? I've never seen any. I have seen an awful lot of black guys beating up old Asian women and mysteriously the media is not addressing the issue of black-on-Asian violent crime.

by Anonymousreply 21June 23, 2021 4:10 PM

r21, the hate expressed through the anti-Yang hit pieces.

by Anonymousreply 22June 23, 2021 4:20 PM

Being anti-Yang isn't being anti-Asian. It's just being anti-douche.

by Anonymousreply 23June 23, 2021 4:22 PM

Being anti-Yang because he’s Asian is anti-Asian.

by Anonymousreply 24June 23, 2021 4:29 PM

You can be anti-Yang for many reasons beyond the fact he's Asian. There's a lot to dislike with the wannabe gameshow host.

by Anonymousreply 25June 23, 2021 4:39 PM

LOL @the fucking idiot @R20. Yeah, the "media" decided the guy with no fucking experience in ANY level of NY govt shouldn't be mayor and chose the "unqualified" black guy born/raised NYer who spent over 20 fucking years as a NY transit officer and an NYPD officer who retired as a Captain, then became a rep in the NY State Senate, then Brooklyn Borough President.

Clearly the "media" had it in for the guy who held no fucking office at all and just put out the red carpet for the guy with a long, god damned history serving NYC.

You pathetic shithead. This is precisely why most people told Yang to fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 26June 23, 2021 4:39 PM

What is he like in bed?

by Anonymousreply 27June 23, 2021 4:41 PM

r26, I agree that what they did could be worthy of a lol, but what happened happened.

by Anonymousreply 28June 23, 2021 4:43 PM

[quote] He speaks Chinese, so of course China is an option.

The ambassador to China is a really important role. No way will they give it to a rich guy just because "he speaks Chinese."

by Anonymousreply 29June 23, 2021 4:50 PM

R29 Of course. But as I said, Yang is well suited for the role for other reasons as well. He is a business leader with knowledge of tech issues. As the US is currently concerned with fighting tech transfer from the US to China while still supporting US Chinese Business he may be a good fit. Remember, Ambassadors, especially to large countries like China are rarely given to Career Diplomats. But it is also too important to go to a donor. They usually go to political and business leaders who supported the President on his campaign while still being suitable for the job. Trump chose Gov Brandstend because he knew Xin Jinping personally. Obama chose Locke because he spoke Chinese and endorsed him.

Making him an Ambassador would give a nob to his supporters and the Asian community while sending him away so he cannot become a gadfly to the administration.

by Anonymousreply 30June 23, 2021 5:07 PM

R25 Like what? You can hate Yang all you want but give reasons besides “he is a douche”. Chances are if you hate someone but cannot articulate it, there is some bias or stereotyping going on there.

by Anonymousreply 31June 23, 2021 5:09 PM

R31, I'll give you my reason: I'm half-Palestinian. I have no use for an inhuman asshole like him who crawls up the ass of some of the most vile people in existence: Medicaid fraudster Hasidic Jews in places like Borough Park, Brooklyn who then go be violent settlers in Israel and steal the homes of people who've been living there for generations. He defended the deaths of children with his bullshit "poor wittle Israel" tweet. He couldn't even muster sympathy and pray for peace. Couldn't even fake it. If he thinks simply currying favor with rabid Zionists works these days in NYC, he's not paying attention to demographics. And it isn't just Arabs/Muslims. A lot of young people know what's going on and they don't buy into the bullshit of Israel as a consummate victim. His response turned off a lot of people.

by Anonymousreply 32June 23, 2021 5:26 PM

R32 So you mean you are half Arab colonizers who stole the land, and then got mad when the Indigenous people finally had enough, got it.

Good to see that you don’t just hate Asians, you hate Jews as well. Jealousy isn’t an ugly thing, and so are you in anything backless.

by Anonymousreply 33June 23, 2021 5:30 PM

r33 stole the land from who? Israel's whole backstory is that they stole the land from the Caananites.

by Anonymousreply 34June 23, 2021 5:32 PM

r31 I'm not r25, but I think Yang is a libertarian douchebro. He should be running as an independent or a Libertarian, because he is not a Democrat. He's also clueless about issues, quit his first job after a year because he thought he knew better than his employers, and has succeeded primarily because he's a good salesman. He's a total example of someone who thinks he's much smarter than he actually is, and has solutions for all our problems without actually knowing what he's talking about. He's a Libertarian Trump, although likely smarter. We don't need more know-it-alls in positions of political power when they don't have the experience or knowledge to back it up. And him saying he's going to "hire smart people" to do everything is the same thing Trump said. He would have been eaten alive in NYC's political scene and eventually would have resigned in disgrace due to some scandal or another.

by Anonymousreply 35June 23, 2021 5:35 PM

R33, you must be Matt and one of the other psycho Zionists on here, so I'll put you on ignore because you're too stupid to understand how history actually works and that land ownership predates religion.

by Anonymousreply 36June 23, 2021 5:37 PM

r33 ah! so it's disgruntled Israel trolls who loved Yang for his support of Netanyahu's racist regime.

by Anonymousreply 37June 23, 2021 5:43 PM

We just need someone who’s tough on crime and will bulldoze the homeless, like Caitlyn Jenner promised to do in California.

by Anonymousreply 38June 23, 2021 5:43 PM

r38 I tried! I got one of them!

by Anonymousreply 39June 23, 2021 5:44 PM

R34 Canaanite is only a religious myth, and has nothing to do with Israel.

Israel is based on scientific, historical and archeological fact. That being, the land was the site of a Jewish nation until the Romans ethnically cleansed the land; most Jews had to leave but most stayed. Later on, Arabs colonized the land, like they did most of the Middle East and situation there became very bad for the Jews. But, Jews slowly returned whenever allowed (aka by Saladin, after they were kicked out of Spain).

Palestinians are just arabs, no different than the Arabs in Jordan, Egypt or Saudi Arabia. Jews are an Indigenous people to Israel, and Arabs an indigenous people to Saudi Arabia.

by Anonymousreply 40June 23, 2021 5:55 PM

r35 exactly - Yang was the Koch Bros' ringer in the Dem primary. He suddenly appeared after Tulsi Gabbard - their other candidate - failed to get traction. They had thought picking a woman of fairly pale color would be their ace in the hole with woke Dems. Didn't work, so why not an Asian guy? There are no Asians in the race. Sorta worked for them.

by Anonymousreply 41June 23, 2021 5:56 PM

R40 take you and your Sky Fairy off the DL.

by Anonymousreply 42June 23, 2021 5:59 PM

r40 no, it's actually not, it's historical and there is historical proof.

There is not, however, proof that there ever were "12 tribes of Israel". What there is proof of is that there were a bunch of slaves from all over who were freed after Nebuchadnezzar's death and the backstory appeared afterwards, when they were trying to create a cohesive tale to bring them all together. Not that it matters much, I just find it interesting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 23, 2021 5:59 PM

R14, no he's not. The defense of him appears to be ignorance-driven.

The guy fucking claimed responsibility for the covid relief checks and for Democrats winning both GA Senator elections... things he had LITERALLY NOTHING TO DO WITH. He's a fucking narcissist like Trump in that respect. Ugh. He's awful. How can you not fucking see how awful he is?

by Anonymousreply 44June 23, 2021 6:40 PM

[quote]Being anti-Yang because he’s Asian is anti-Asian.

Nobody is anti-Yang because he's asian, you fucking douche-nozzle, R24. Jesus.

Everyone with a BRAIN and functioning eyes and ears is anti-Yang because he's a completely unqualified, inexperienced, unfit, out-of-touch, tone-deaf pandering clown.

He seems to attract douchebags though.

by Anonymousreply 45June 23, 2021 6:43 PM

[quote]He is a business leader with knowledge of tech issues.

This should actually be a disqualification from serving in high public office, imho. "Businessmen" make terrible politicians. Running a Business is nearly the exact opposite of governing, and there are very, very few skills that transfer (and most that do are the "cosmetic" kind, like being able to speak to TV cameras).

by Anonymousreply 46June 23, 2021 6:45 PM

Yes, let's send a Taiwanese test-prep hustler whose 'tech credentials' are flipping his business to Kaplan to be the Ambassador to China just because he kinda looks like them and can order dinner in Mandarin. I'm sure they'll be so impressed.

by Anonymousreply 47June 23, 2021 6:52 PM

Dancing With the Stars.

by Anonymousreply 48June 23, 2021 6:54 PM

The Half-Palestinian Troll is back!!

(It's a good cover for some run of the mill Nazi)

by Anonymousreply 49June 23, 2021 6:58 PM

Yang will get a job with CNN or MSNBC or even Fox, as their token non-fascist.

He's engaging enough on camera, checks the "Not Another White Guy" box and has something of a fan base.

by Anonymousreply 50June 23, 2021 7:00 PM

I'm not a troll, r49. And point to anything I've ever said that was remotely outrageous. I've also been a DLer for 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 51June 23, 2021 7:00 PM

[quote] I've also been a DLer for 20 years.

That's so cool, HPT!!

You know, I've been a liberal Democrat for 20 years, but.....

by Anonymousreply 52June 23, 2021 7:02 PM

R52, I mentioned how long I've been here because idiots with no actual arguments always claim someone is a "troll" when they defend the indefensible.

R43, don't bother trying to educate these people. They apply the most ridiculous standards to claim ownership. I actually get mistaken for Israeli by Jews. They're revisionists who ignore how history, time, invasions, genetics, migration and fucking over thousands of years before religion actually work...all in defense of racism and bigotry, so that a Roseanne has more right to be in a foreign country than my grandfather.

And some of them are laughably the same people who are outraged by voter suppression here.

by Anonymousreply 53June 23, 2021 7:07 PM

R47 Locke was also Taiwanese and we used him. So learn some fucking history.

by Anonymousreply 54June 23, 2021 7:18 PM

He was also governor of a real state with two of the largest tech companies in the world. Learn some credentials.

by Anonymousreply 55June 23, 2021 8:02 PM

R55 And what have you done? Yang makes more money in a day then you so in a yeat.

by Anonymousreply 56June 23, 2021 10:11 PM

R56 how does Yang make money? his finances are more mysterious than Trump's. Does he just live off his rich daddy?

by Anonymousreply 57June 23, 2021 10:13 PM

Someone making more money than me is rarely, if ever, any sort of "proof" he's better than me at anything.

R56 has very skewed priorities and morals.

by Anonymousreply 58June 23, 2021 10:15 PM

R57 He is Asian so he must have a rich daddy, right? He is Asian so he has to be up to something unscrupulous, right?

by Anonymousreply 59June 23, 2021 10:15 PM

It has nothing to do with him being fucking Asian, dumbass at R59. Just like my contempt for Bernie has nothing to do with him being Jewish/Athiest.

They're just unqualified, unfit, irresponsible, self-defeating douchebag losers.

by Anonymousreply 60June 23, 2021 10:17 PM

I think you might be a racist, R59 for suggesting that Asians are unscrupulous.

It's very clear on Yang's Wikipedia bio that he grew up affluent and his father was the real tech executive at IBM. Yang is a failed lawyer who moved into test prep just as other affluent parents of Millennials wanted to game the system. Born on third base; thinks he hit a triple.

by Anonymousreply 61June 23, 2021 10:21 PM

R60 Antisemitism and Anti Asian sentiment usually run hand in hand. Go vote for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 62June 23, 2021 10:21 PM

Since when r62? And Israel has no greater friend than Trump and the extreme rightwing. Everybody else is wise to their machinations now.

by Anonymousreply 63June 23, 2021 10:24 PM

[quote] how does Yang make money?

He has a tremendous OnlyFans.

by Anonymousreply 64June 23, 2021 10:25 PM

R62, fuck you. Seriously. Get a fucking brain that isn't so fucking black-and-white.

No fucking way I'd ever vote for Trump. He's a pathologically lying criminally corrupt racist sexist anti-gay fascist white supremacist moron, fraud, and con-man.

Just because I recognize Yang and Sanders are awful politicians unworthy of office REGARDLESS of their race or religion doesn't mean I'm automatically a fucking trumpster, you complete idiot.

I'm a proud Obama/Hillary/Kamala/Biden voter, and will continue to vote for liberal and progressive COMPETENCE and EXPERIENCE and EFFECTIVENESS, regardless of race, religion, sex, or orientation.

Now go fuck all the way off, you irredeemable troll.

by Anonymousreply 65June 23, 2021 10:30 PM

R63 Go troll somewhere else. Your racism isn’t welcome here.

by Anonymousreply 66June 23, 2021 10:30 PM

R65 Just keep trolling away why don’t you. You literally are on every DL thread insulting Asian men and Jews. Not to mention the various pro Trump and anti Trans topics you post. Doesn’t it ever get tiring?

by Anonymousreply 67June 23, 2021 10:32 PM

Asian men and Jews? Oh, golly, the AIPAC troll has adopted Andrew Yang.

by Anonymousreply 68June 23, 2021 10:41 PM

R68 Tell me, these AIPAC trolls you see, do you see them all the time? Under your bed?

by Anonymousreply 69June 23, 2021 10:49 PM

[quote] Anybody who’s main platform

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 70June 23, 2021 10:51 PM

[quote]You literally are on every DL thread insulting Asian men and Jews.

I literally am not, so let's just acknowledge that you're a liar.

by Anonymousreply 71June 23, 2021 11:33 PM

Palestinians are Pan Arab Colonists masquerading as poor victims. Their leaders are supported by billionaires in Iran and Qatar enough with the poor poor me agenda being peddled and drank up in the West through propaganda peddled as fact. If you ask an American they pretend everyone in Gaza is a trans queer Muslim being gunned down and kidnapped by the IDF-thats not true. You can still be thrown off a roof in Gaza or West Bank as a queer (stfu about Pinkwashing thats not real). Also look up what Hamas’ and PLO’s best buddies in Iran and Turkey are doing to MILLIONS of Kurds. NOT just a few handful of Pal Whiners and Israelis who are a democracy even if you hate it. I would be scared for my life as a Kurd if Iran and Qatar and Iraq got their wish and had control over the Levant. You give Israel to “Palestinians” and you will kill every minority in the Middle East. Sincerely, Kurdish Fag #KurdishLiberation

by Anonymousreply 72June 23, 2021 11:47 PM

AIPAC troll @ R72!

by Anonymousreply 73June 24, 2021 12:28 AM

r72 what, the hell, does that have to do with Andrew Yang?

by Anonymousreply 74June 24, 2021 5:11 PM

R74 it's the AIPAC troll. It's vainly attempting to link dislike of Andrew Yang to hating Israel.

by Anonymousreply 75June 24, 2021 5:50 PM

Based on what, R11? He's a loser who made his first million ripping off students studying for the GMAT. He's resigned every job or venture that he's ever attempted, because he has no clue how to get by. His interest in UBI is that it will get deadbeats to vote for him in the hopes of a free ride. As far as I know, there is no office in the US where he could wave a wand and have UBI suddenly appear. The more I read about this guy, the more I think he's completely full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 76July 5, 2021 10:04 PM

What's endlessly frustrating to me is how many people's bullshit detectors are completely broken. I mean, how can you not SEE that Yang is a complete fraud, a pandering clown, and an unqualified mess?

Jesus, what is wrong with people? Yang's support is inexplicable to me, much in the same way that Trump's and Bernie's support is inexplicable to me. These people are transparently awful, unaccomplished, and unqualified for any public position. What is WRONG with people who can't, or won't, see the obvious?

by Anonymousreply 77July 6, 2021 2:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!