Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Joy Behar tries to erase her homophobic joke bout gay football player

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350July 10, 2021 4:13 AM

NEVER make any jokes EVER!

by Anonymousreply 1June 22, 2021 9:41 PM

She deserves a pie right in the kisser!

by Anonymousreply 2June 22, 2021 9:42 PM

It's funny. Jesus

by Anonymousreply 3June 22, 2021 9:42 PM

She's a progressive so it's OK.

by Anonymousreply 4June 22, 2021 9:42 PM

The pendulum swing away from wokeness will be terrible and make actual Nazis blush and I say this as the libbiest lib who ever libbed

by Anonymousreply 5June 22, 2021 9:42 PM

Joy Behar is almost 80. You are going to get some awkward things out of her mouth.

by Anonymousreply 6June 22, 2021 9:43 PM

She’s an asshole. People say Megan McCain is an asshole but no, Behar is. I think Behar even pretended to be Jewish, I could be mistaken. She’s a POS.

by Anonymousreply 7June 22, 2021 9:45 PM

Was she in blackface when she said it? No? Then nothing to see here.

by Anonymousreply 8June 22, 2021 9:45 PM

If Meghan had said it she would have been fired on the spot but she doesn't have a discernible sense of humor. Joy has said much worse over the years.

by Anonymousreply 9June 22, 2021 9:46 PM

I’ll bet that old broad hasn’t been penetrated since Nixon was in office. Get rid of the crazy cunt.

by Anonymousreply 10June 22, 2021 9:46 PM

She now denies that she once darkened her skin for a Halloween costume, even though there's photographic proof that she did.

by Anonymousreply 11June 22, 2021 9:46 PM

Oh yay, a fake outrage to be fake outraged about!

It's been five minutes.

by Anonymousreply 12June 22, 2021 9:48 PM

It’s pile up on Joy day, I see.

You must have all approved of the Princess of Arizona’s hairdo today.

by Anonymousreply 13June 22, 2021 9:48 PM

[quote] 'I just long for the days where you can just be gay in the world and it doesn’t become a big deal.

When was this?!

by Anonymousreply 14June 22, 2021 9:54 PM

Joy does have a homophobic way about her at times. Generational I guess.

For example she had Michael Douglas on and told him that the Liberace movie he did was hysterical and she loved it.

It was about a man dying of AIDS bitch.

by Anonymousreply 15June 22, 2021 9:54 PM

Datalounge loves liberal homophobes.

by Anonymousreply 16June 22, 2021 9:55 PM

Personally I don't find this joke funny but it's not offensive. However, I do agree that if Meghan McCain had made this joke or a white straight guy, the Twitter mob would have cancelled them.

by Anonymousreply 17June 22, 2021 9:58 PM

What are we going to laugh about when nobody is allowed to make jokes anymore? Does anyone really think that Joy Behar is a homophobe?

by Anonymousreply 18June 22, 2021 9:58 PM

[quote]She said that because other athletes in different sports had come out as gay before, Nassib's announcement - the first from a player who is still playing in the NFL - was 'not that big of a deal'.

She's a fucking idiot. Of course it's a big deal. The NFL is red state America sports at it's most Conservative. It's a damn big deal if gays not only start coming out, but are accepted there. Especially since the last one was pretty much driven out of the league because of homophobia. And that was not even ten years ago.

Either cancel this shitshow or start cleaning house and getting rid of some of them.

by Anonymousreply 19June 22, 2021 10:02 PM

I love Joy Behar! I'm not triggered whatsoever. Those who are live to be offended.

by Anonymousreply 20June 22, 2021 10:07 PM

I like Joy's politics, but she's not ever that funny. Rarely. I don't know how she is a "comedian."

by Anonymousreply 21June 22, 2021 10:10 PM

He can penetrate my end zone anytime he wants.

by Anonymousreply 22June 22, 2021 10:10 PM

I just want to know if he's a wide receiver.

by Anonymousreply 23June 22, 2021 10:15 PM

Lol. Joy's funny.

by Anonymousreply 24June 22, 2021 10:18 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 22, 2021 10:21 PM

All this shit about "hire Ana Navarro." Ana is boring. I don't like Meghan, but she brings some drama to the show.

by Anonymousreply 26June 22, 2021 10:23 PM

She probably still feels that gay men should be quietly closeted.

by Anonymousreply 27June 22, 2021 10:26 PM

Do you think the poor guy wants to hear jokes about his end zone being penetrated?

by Anonymousreply 28June 22, 2021 10:28 PM

r19, you forgot to wave your Little Red Book.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 22, 2021 10:28 PM

Well I never in all my life.

Joy upset me so much, that I am never answering my back door again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 22, 2021 10:35 PM

When Joy had her own talk show on HLN, she would frequently ask guests of a certain age if they knew whether or not Cary Grant was gay.

by Anonymousreply 31June 22, 2021 10:41 PM

[quote] sports at it's most Conservative.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 32June 22, 2021 10:42 PM

I know Joy. My husband & I have been guests in her home many times. Homophobic is the last thing she is.

by Anonymousreply 33June 22, 2021 11:00 PM

Gay sex jokes ARE funny. Twitter needs to get over itself.

by Anonymousreply 34June 22, 2021 11:02 PM

That show started as a fucking embarrassment and has only grown worse over time.

The joke isn't half as embarrassing as the shoe being passed off as entertainment of some sort.

by Anonymousreply 35June 22, 2021 11:03 PM

Oh please. Like we all didn’t think about tight ends and penetration.

by Anonymousreply 36June 22, 2021 11:04 PM

It was a gay joke, but was it gay gay?

by Anonymousreply 37June 22, 2021 11:07 PM

So what, who cares?!

by Anonymousreply 38June 22, 2021 11:22 PM

A few weeks ago she kept referring to Caitlyn Jenner as 'he'.

by Anonymousreply 39June 22, 2021 11:25 PM

[quote]'I just long for the days where you can just be gay in the world and it doesn’t become a big deal.

I agree with her.

I long for those days also because back then women like her would know her place - cooking, cleaning, serving her husband, and raising kids, not gallivanting around and speaking her mind as if a woman's opinion mattered.

by Anonymousreply 40June 22, 2021 11:34 PM

What bullshit!

Joy Behar is an ally of gay me. She's a comedienne.

It's right-wingers who will make a stink out of this.

by Anonymousreply 41June 22, 2021 11:38 PM

Behar restrained herself. She planned to say "he's a tight end and wide receiver."

by Anonymousreply 42June 22, 2021 11:46 PM

^^^At R41 I meant "gay men," but, then again, gay me, too!

by Anonymousreply 43June 22, 2021 11:47 PM

Joy is a fat Cunt. Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 44June 22, 2021 11:58 PM

Which gays were offended by this joke? When I heard it, I chuckled and rolled my eyes because it was lame, but I definitely wasn't offended. I can't stand that tub of lard, Meghan either, but if she had made the same joke, I would be equally unoffended.

Is it a generational thing? GenZ seems to always need to be offended about something. It's exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 45June 23, 2021 12:06 AM

Oh for mother fuck's sake. It is not homophobic. People are getting all upset about THAT! Christ, give me a break. Especially since there's lots and lots of truly homophobic shit EVERYWHERE. Grow the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 46June 23, 2021 12:32 AM

"I meant 'gay men,' but, then again, gay me, too!"

Don't worry, it's a Datalounge tradition!

by Anonymousreply 47June 23, 2021 1:02 AM

The joke is a weak one, but it's not homophobic. Whatever else she may or may not be, Joy is definitely not a homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 48June 23, 2021 1:08 AM

She needs to be careful. Just a few weeks she repeatedly misgendered Caitlyn Jenner (who I despise) and now this... i agree she is not a homophobe, but she needs to take it down a notch when discussing lgbt stories. She has survived 8/9 lives another mistake will get her ass canceledl.

by Anonymousreply 49June 23, 2021 1:21 AM

I don’t like her or Meghan. They both can go.

The joke doesn’t offend me as much as her constant ignorant insistence that it’s not a big deal. So many straights love to do this shit. It IS a big deal in the sports world. Openly gay players in professional sports are incredibly rare. It’s very rare for a professional athlete to come out. She’s not the first I’ve seen ignorantly state otherwise, though. What universe are they living in?

by Anonymousreply 50June 23, 2021 1:21 AM

I'm not sure Caitlyn Jenner is human enough to be misgendered. She seems pretty soulless.

by Anonymousreply 51June 23, 2021 1:23 AM

These hateful "jokes" have no place in today's society. Joy must retire.

by Anonymousreply 52June 23, 2021 1:32 AM

[quote] For example she had Michael Douglas on and told him that the Liberace movie he did was hysterical and she loved it. It was about a man dying of AIDS bitch.

No, it wasn’t just about that. A lot happened in that movie that did not have anything to do with death or AIDS. And she’s right, it was hilarious. My GAY boyfriend and I watched it and laughed all the way through it, you freak.

[quote] 'I just long for the days where you can just be gay in the world and it doesn’t become a big deal.

I see several people in this thread can’t read correctly. She longs for the days when you CAN, not when you COULD. She’s speaking about a future ideal. Read what she said again.

[quote] When Joy had her own talk show on HLN, she would frequently ask guests of a certain age if they knew whether or not Cary Grant was gay.

This is hilarious. Who says she isn’t a comedian?

by Anonymousreply 53June 23, 2021 1:33 AM

R53

And you completely glossed over this garbage she said:

“She said that because other athletes in different sports had come out as gay before, Nassib's announcement - the first from a player who is still playing in the NFL - was 'not that big of a deal'.”

Tired of this bullshit from straights. Her blind defends can go fuck themselves.

by Anonymousreply 54June 23, 2021 1:39 AM

*defenders

by Anonymousreply 55June 23, 2021 1:40 AM

I'm not American and I have never watched Behar on TV, so I feel no attachment to her and no need to defend her.

Imagine if a male comedian made a penetration joke about a female athlete. Imagine if the comedian were a gay man - the endless talk about "gay misogyny" that his joke would elicit, the passive-aggressive homophobia that female liberals would throw our way on Twitter and other social media websites.

If Behar were a straight guy or a conservativ, she would be in a lot of trouble.

And finally, let's put ourselves in Nassib's place - he was probably already feeling exposed as was. And now he has to hear a nationwide celebrity who's old enough to be his great-grandmother crack jokes about the positions he takes in bed?

If this becomes normalized, he is going to struggle badly and drop out, like Michael Sam did. We all know how sports fans are like, especially when they band together in their stadiums. They're probably going to abuse him. And it's going to get worse if aged out female liberals say it's all fun, and middled aged gays agree with her out of a sense of partisan tribalism.

by Anonymousreply 56June 23, 2021 1:41 AM

I’m sorry, but I also felt that his announcement wasn’t that big of a deal, R54. I was surprised to learn he was the first active NFL player to come out.

You have to remember, we’re basically living in a “post-gay” world where it’s now de rigeur for straight people to come out as queer, whatever that is, and where trans rules the alphabet soup. Gay isn’t even something that’s discussed anymore. It kind of feels like it really isn’t a big deal. So I get where she’s coming from.

If you’re tired of her defenders, then you’re probably someone who just WANTS to be outraged by this. Seriously, it’s Joy Behar, on The View. WHO CARES.

by Anonymousreply 57June 23, 2021 1:42 AM

Yes R56, and what if he suffers a breakthrough COVID infection and comes down with the Delta variant. Or worse, the Epsilon!

What if!!

by Anonymousreply 58June 23, 2021 1:43 AM

It’s tacky, but it just reflects badly on her. No need to cancel her.

by Anonymousreply 59June 23, 2021 1:45 AM

[quote]For example she had Michael Douglas on and told him that the Liberace movie he did was hysterical and she loved it. It was about a man dying of AIDS bitch.

Only saw the last thirty minutes R15?

by Anonymousreply 60June 23, 2021 1:46 AM

Adjust your meds, R58.

We see Joy's disgusting comment exactly for what it was - hateful, hurtful bigotry.

by Anonymousreply 61June 23, 2021 1:46 AM

R57

It IS a big deal when it took until 2021 to get the first openly gay active player in the NFL. And still no active players are out in the NBA or MLB, either.

We don’t actually live in a “post-gay world”. I think you need to get off social media.

by Anonymousreply 62June 23, 2021 1:48 AM

[quote] We see Joy's disgusting comment exactly for what it was - hateful, hurtful bigotry.

LOL

by Anonymousreply 63June 23, 2021 1:49 AM

The joke wasn't homophobic, but it was stupid and tasteless. And Joy and Sunny come off as being real ignorant and clueless about the gay community. It is a big deal. For many reasons, some mentioned in this thread. Not a fan of the show today at all. Hate that the gay community is always reduced to jokes.

The gay community needs to stop making excuses for this dumb shit and stop constantly looking for straight approval. If the shoe were on the other foot, they both would be offended and screeching like harpies.

And how is it that they've only had one gay host on this show all of these years? Meanwhile, how many homophobes have been allowed to sit at that same table?

Shit, start demanding better.

by Anonymousreply 64June 23, 2021 1:53 AM

Big deal, so she's insulting, degrading, judgmental, wears black face(but only now & then) pretends to be Jewish(align yourself with entertainment $ & power) but tells gay people & people who support them to forget what she said. Who the F does this bit-h think she is. Let's defend her because she's almost 80. Then fckin'retire if you're half senile & can't get your brain & mouth in sync.

My older beloved brother drank himself to death because he could not deal with the homophobia of the 50's in small town America. He was the kindest, best human being I have ever known in my life. When he died a light went out in the world. He was an athlete as well, so it is a damn big thing to me that Carl came out.

That f'ckn old bit-h. If that's what being a liberal is she can lick Tr-mp's ass in Macy's window on Christmas ev, that's about how real she is.

C-NT!

by Anonymousreply 65June 23, 2021 1:54 AM

Cunt at r58: There's only been ONE OTHER gay athlete at the NFL (not plenty, like the senile Italian said), and he lasted BASICALLY NOTHING at the league after he came out because of the pressure he had to endure. There are enough precedents, at the NFL and other sports leagues around the world, showing that out gay male athletes at teams sports experience virulent homophobia both from fans and from mates, and that's why they're so rare.

What I said wouldn't provoke such a sardonic reaction from you if you knew what you're saying and were not just some partisan hack who feels the need to defend someone just because she votes the same way you do, as if there wen't tens of millions of Democratic voters to make you company.

The Democrats are going to be fine. Most would know not to say what Behar said (even McCain knew what she said was bad!). And Behar is going to be fine, too. She's a rich white heterosexual -- you don't need to defend her. She'd probably look down on you if she saw your performance here. "Who does this fairy think he is that I need him to defend me?"

Nassib would appreciate it more, as he needs it more.

by Anonymousreply 66June 23, 2021 1:56 AM

Many people are interpreting this as her speaking as longing for the past where gay people weren't publicly coming out. What she was doing was expressing a longing for the future. Not a fan of hers but I want to be fair.

by Anonymousreply 67June 23, 2021 1:59 AM

There isn’t a “gay community,” there is only a gay population. And we are not all humorless or sullen or offended by the same things.

And not all of us are basic queens who give a shit about what gets said on THE VIEW. The fact that so many gay men apparently do care about that show is what’s really hurtful to gays. What are you, a bunch of fraus?

I just saw a commercial for Vrbo, whatever that is, with John Legend performing “I Can See Clearly Now, The Rain Is Gone,” as a soundtrack to two 50-something gay men finally having their wedding ceremony, now that COVID is over. Both grooms had that fucking half-shaved haircut. That depiction of gays, with that haircut, is more harmful than anything Joy Behar said. But there they were, two gay men getting married like it’s no big deal.

This entire website is more harmful to gays than anything Joy Behar or even Joy REID have said.

by Anonymousreply 68June 23, 2021 2:00 AM

[quote]This entire website is more harmful to gays than anything Joy Behar or even Joy REID have said.

Stop giving straight people privilege they would NEVER give you.

DO BETTER.

by Anonymousreply 69June 23, 2021 2:02 AM

Keep apologizing for homophobia & homophobes..Go ahead feel free. Unfortunately you then also become complicit in the in the pain suffering & death it causes.

Apologists..you suck

by Anonymousreply 70June 23, 2021 2:02 AM

“DO BETTER”

Yaaassss kween

by Anonymousreply 71June 23, 2021 2:03 AM

You all know damn well if Meghan had made this joke that you would be talking about how awful she is. But since it’s “liberal” Joy it’s OK….

by Anonymousreply 72June 23, 2021 2:03 AM

Apologists are like the jews who helped the SS in the camps.

by Anonymousreply 73June 23, 2021 2:04 AM

I wouldn’t have cared because I don’t watch The View like a suburban frau, R72.

by Anonymousreply 74June 23, 2021 2:04 AM

Why are Dems so hateful

by Anonymousreply 75June 23, 2021 2:06 AM

And yet dumb gays will still keep watching a show of old women bitching even though they more or less think gays should quit “throwing it in everyone’s face.” Quit giving them ratings as quit watching!

by Anonymousreply 76June 23, 2021 2:07 AM

Much ado about nothing. It'll be forgotten within two days by all but the angriest tweeters.

The things that people claim to get upset about these days.

After four years of a murderously psychotic president, even. Good god.

by Anonymousreply 77June 23, 2021 2:18 AM

God I wish Joan Rivers were alive so she could work her magic without giving a fuck about being cancelled or attacked. Grow up!

by Anonymousreply 78June 23, 2021 2:19 AM

Joy behave can go fuck herself.

by Anonymousreply 79June 23, 2021 2:29 AM

Joy naively thinks the attitudes of gays in the sports world is like her little upperclass liberal enclave.

by Anonymousreply 80June 23, 2021 2:39 AM

Obviously, the nearly 80-year-old Joy was given an aural tongue lashing in her earpiece by the control room during the next commercial break and she was commanded to back peddle and eat her words.

Same thing the other day when Whoopi was commanded to apologize to Meghan after their little dust up over Joey's outburst.

by Anonymousreply 81June 23, 2021 2:48 AM

Yes, let's defend C-nt Behar by bringing up Trump AGAIN. Gurl, he's gone. Let's deal w. the here & now. You think it's no big deal. Carl iis going to endure so much shit from other players, fans, coaches, you have no idea.

And all this crap about ooooh he's a repug., he's a magat, so who gives a shit about him. He has balls of steel. You don't think his fellow repugs, & magats who might be homophobes won't attack him as well.

My brother suffered in the 50's from this crap in small town America. He was also an athlete. It was a nightmare. He couldn't cope & drank himself to death. But yeah keep excusing this nasty ass bitch, just because she might put on a lib mantle cause it might advance her bank account, just like she did when she pretended to be Jewish.

Keep siding with those who oppress & mock you, dopes

by Anonymousreply 82June 23, 2021 2:49 AM

[quote] Imagine if a male comedian made a penetration joke about a female athlete. Imagine if the comedian were a gay man - the endless talk about "gay misogyny" that his joke would elicit, the passive-aggressive homophobia that female liberals would throw our way on Twitter and other social media websites.

Well reasoned counterarguments, r56. I'm not offended by what she said, but your post has me reflecting on why I'm not offended. You're absolutely right - if a straight guy on daytime network television made a penetration joke about a woman, there would be outrage on most sides.

by Anonymousreply 83June 23, 2021 2:50 AM

R83, If ANY man made that joke about a woman he’d be in deep shit. He wouldn’t get a pass if he were gay.

by Anonymousreply 84June 23, 2021 2:54 AM

[quote] If ANY man made that joke about a woman he’d be in deep shit. He wouldn’t get a pass if he were gay.

You're probably right, r84.

by Anonymousreply 85June 23, 2021 2:56 AM

R85, I am right. Gay men don’t get passes for misogyny.

by Anonymousreply 86June 23, 2021 2:57 AM

This reminds me of a lesbian joke:

How many lesbians does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

THATS NOT FUNNY!

by Anonymousreply 87June 23, 2021 2:58 AM

[quote] Yes, let's defend C-nt Behar by bringing up Trump AGAIN. Gurl, he's gone. Let's deal w. the here & now.

[quote] My brother suffered in the 50's from this crap in small town America. He was also an athlete. It was a nightmare. He couldn't cope & drank himself to death.

Did these two paragraphs really appear in the same post, apparently written by one person? Or does someone (R82) just not know how to use the ‘quote’ feature?

by Anonymousreply 88June 23, 2021 3:07 AM

Y’all are gonna learn one of these days to quit supporting these straight white women just because the claim to support “the gays.” They only “support” them in hope of getting the pink dollars. But they always show their true colors eventually.

by Anonymousreply 89June 23, 2021 3:16 AM

Deflect, diver from the real issues of homophobes & their comments on network TV. Yes, grammar, punctuation will save lives.

Amazing

by Anonymousreply 90June 23, 2021 3:17 AM

How the fuck is it not homophobic? Trying to make a penetration joke when discussing a gay man is at minimum in poor taste. I've always hated this stupid bitch. And she's not funny. Never has been. Fuck the nasty bitch.

by Anonymousreply 91June 23, 2021 3:19 AM

R39 that just makes me like her more.

R89 puh-lease go back to Twitter with your y'alls and racist conspiracy theories.

by Anonymousreply 92June 23, 2021 3:19 AM

The joke is fine, but her insistence that we used to live in a world where being gay was never any big deal is way off. When did we ever live in a world like that? I guess if you're a straight lady, you can think that being gay was "never a big deal," but surely she knows more than a few gays who could tell her otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 93June 23, 2021 3:22 AM

She was fired from the show in 2013.

Why did they hire her back in 2015?

by Anonymousreply 94June 23, 2021 3:27 AM

[quote]Imagine if a male comedian made a penetration joke about a female athlete.

It wasn't that long ago that talk shows, social media, and entertainment news were full of jokes like this, though, usually accompanied by some clip from local news, weather, sporting events, etc. where someone accidentally makes an innuendo or something awkward happens.

Things were starting to change in the culture a few years ago, which is normal, but then Trump happened and people became hypervigilant, and the response to someone making an outdated joke is now immediate firing and ostracism for life.

In the real world, no one really much cares what Joy Behar said. In the social media and talk show fandom world, everyone thinks this is incredibly important, and the future of our culture depends on reacting swiftly and sternly. But by the 4th of July they'll have all forgotten it even happened.

by Anonymousreply 95June 23, 2021 3:29 AM

It was a dumb joke told by an 80 yr old woman. So go ahead and get all outraged, our next republican president is already thinking up ways to take our rights away

by Anonymousreply 96June 23, 2021 3:32 AM

The outrage over this comment is the reason republicunts will win back the House next year. Constant anger and outrage is both boring and exhausting. And sadly, people associate it with Liberals. The over-the-top political correctness has got to stop.

by Anonymousreply 97June 23, 2021 3:33 AM

What about the over top racism and lies? That doesn't have to stop? I think that's gonna bring out just as many of us as them to vote. It's crazy to assume Democrats are currently angrier than seditionist, insurrectionist, treasonous full of shit liars that will say anything and use race to enrage and excite their base. Puleeze.

by Anonymousreply 98June 23, 2021 3:38 AM

Twitter is not real life, I agree with r95.

by Anonymousreply 99June 23, 2021 3:39 AM

Was it like homophobia homophobia???? The vie en vie thing?????

by Anonymousreply 100June 23, 2021 3:40 AM

What Joy said is fine. The joke is an oldie but a goody for a slight chuckle.

The perpetually outraged are the most humourless generational bunch to be ever thrust upon us.

Problem is most gays don't care but the radical fringe of the movement usually shout the loudest and invite backlash on the rest of us.

Rights given can also be taken away and this bunch are doing their best to alienate everyone.

by Anonymousreply 101June 23, 2021 3:45 AM

I don’t like her or Meghan. They both can go.

Then who's left, white bread Sarah and Whoopi who I think is stoned most of the time?

by Anonymousreply 102June 23, 2021 3:46 AM

R102 do you watch the show? If not, your opinion is noted but irrelevant. It's not made to appeal to you.

by Anonymousreply 103June 23, 2021 3:47 AM

[quote] Deflect, diver from the real issues of homophobes & their comments on network TV.

Yes that’s a “real issue” for sure

by Anonymousreply 104June 23, 2021 3:57 AM

Queen

by Anonymousreply 105June 23, 2021 4:11 AM

[quote]When Joy had her own talk show on HLN, she would frequently ask guests of a certain age if they knew whether or not Cary Grant was gay.

And this is what blows me away! Straight people like her are always obsessed with us and wanting to talk about who was/is rumored to be gay, but then when a gay person announces they are gay, then it’s suddenly “Well, why do they feel they need to make an announcement about it?”🙄 Well, bitch it’s because you straights are fucking obsessed with us!

by Anonymousreply 106June 23, 2021 4:24 AM

Maybe because things are *a bit* different now from how they were in Cary Grant’s heyday, R106. 🤷🏼‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 107June 23, 2021 4:32 AM

So what? Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 108June 23, 2021 4:34 AM

neither funny nor offensive really. just stupid

by Anonymousreply 109June 23, 2021 4:38 AM

R107 You missed the entire point, dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 110June 23, 2021 4:39 AM

Morons, the only people tweeting about this are conservatives who hate Behar.

It is telling that Behar who Isengard 80 and has live audiences primiarilh

by Anonymousreply 111June 23, 2021 4:52 AM

well said r111

by Anonymousreply 112June 23, 2021 4:59 AM

It’s a sad day when OJ Simpson is more gay friendly than Joy Behar.

Aren’t her live audiences primarily gay?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113June 23, 2021 5:03 AM

[quote] I think Behar even pretended to be Jewish, I could be mistaken.

You are.

The woman never shut up about her fucking lasagna and her 6 year old little brother wanting to be breast fed, crying for “latte, latte”.

by Anonymousreply 114June 23, 2021 5:07 AM

[quote] If ANY man made that joke about a woman he’d be in deep shit.

I don’t know, I’d give it the good college try.

by Anonymousreply 115June 23, 2021 5:09 AM

I'm unhappy she did this, not because she's homophobic (she's not), but because she should have known this would get her in deep shit.

by Anonymousreply 116June 23, 2021 5:34 AM

The worst part is Meghan comes off the best in the clip. She has no reaction and just stares straight ahead. Sunny was laughing at something else and then slowly realizes what Joy said and changes to a frown and shakes her head. Ana puts her fingers in her ears which is a little homophobic. Sara as usual plays both sides. Laughs but also looks disapproving.

by Anonymousreply 117June 23, 2021 5:38 AM

Joy can't decide if she wants to be edgy like Joan Rivers or demented like Baba Wawa. She's the only "liberal" celebrity that made a dumb joke. For a comedian her timing is off and her jokes often fall flat. Maybe at 80 she's just not funny

by Anonymousreply 118June 23, 2021 5:41 AM

[quote]Sunny was laughing at something else and then slowly realizes what Joy said and changes to a frown and shakes her head.

Sunny is a piece of shit too. She was the one who said gays were overreacting when calling out fellow black Kevin Hart. But had someone said something bad about blacks, she wouldn’t say shit about people overreacting.

by Anonymousreply 119June 23, 2021 5:44 AM

[quote]Joy can't decide if she wants to be edgy like Joan Rivers or demented like Baba Wawa. She's the only "liberal" celebrity that made a dumb joke. For a comedian her timing is off and her jokes often fall flat. Maybe at 80 she's just not funny

Honestly, Joy never was funny. She makes Ellen look like Joan Rivers.

by Anonymousreply 120June 23, 2021 5:46 AM

Joan Rivers wasn’t funny either. She had a niche audience.

by Anonymousreply 121June 23, 2021 5:49 AM

She's an old broad -- give her a break.

by Anonymousreply 122June 23, 2021 5:51 AM

@r120, I was giving her the benefit of a doubt, but I agree

I'm just trying to think of any number of elder male comedians who might call a newly out female athlete a "carpet muncher" and the reaction that would get

by Anonymousreply 123June 23, 2021 5:52 AM

I could not care less about Joy's joke. She's an old lady. Who gives a shit?

by Anonymousreply 124June 23, 2021 5:59 AM

I was deeply offended. I think she should be fired immediately and replaced with someone with the royal touch. BTW, I am available, but I want the show moved to California.

by Anonymousreply 125June 23, 2021 6:00 AM

^ But, you're not funny, well either is Joy

by Anonymousreply 126June 23, 2021 6:02 AM

Back -- peddle? R81, perhaps you should look up the word "peddle."

The expression you should have used is backpedal (like pedaling a bicycle backwards).

You're welcome. Always happy to help the intellectually challenged.

by Anonymousreply 127June 23, 2021 6:15 AM

I love Joy, wasn’t offended, but agree the joke was tasteless & not funny. Things will smooth over & this will be forgotten in the real world by tomorrow. On here it’ll last for weeks I fear….

by Anonymousreply 128June 23, 2021 6:27 AM

[quote] pretends to be Jewish(align yourself with entertainment $ & power)

Bullshit.

Go back through her stand-up: she has always mentioned being ITALIAN.

by Anonymousreply 129June 23, 2021 6:27 AM

Joy's been around a long time now, and she was certainly with us when it counted. In the late '80s, early '90s, she had a radio show on WABC in NYC. That was Limbaugh's flagship station, and he was still doing an hour of local NYC airtime. She challenged him on every anti-gay thing he said, and was always supportive of us. Always came down on our side. Always talked about AIDS and how the federal government wasn't doing enough.

And people are gonna drag her for a dumb joke? No way. Not THIS gay!

by Anonymousreply 130June 23, 2021 6:29 AM

The fact is she took the opportunity of something she thinks should be no big deal to try on some tired old insult. What's the first thing you think of when you hear the word gay? That's right! Men taking cock up the ass!!!!

Fucking hysterical! No?

She can't make similarly coarse jokes based on unflattering stereotypes of black people, of American Indians, of Asian Indians, of people with physical or mental handicaps, of Jews, of Muslims, of Baptists, of Armenians, of Greeks, of Mexicans....

It's not okay for her to draw on the reservoir of stereotypes against to do 90% of the work of her joke just by alluding to old, stereotypical, and vulgar jokes about "other types of people, you know..." But she's happy to use the gays as a doormat and say they won't mind, some of my friends are fags!

She's shrunk her range of targets for ugly stereotypes and cheap laughs and now she only feels comfortable laying into gays with old saws and stereotypes. She probably had an hysterical joke at the ready with a great gag line about not dripping the soap in the shower

She's Bob Hope in the last half century of his long and unfunny career, addled in the brain and convinced a sight gag of his hand up a miniskirt is great fun. That making jokes about the relative shades of skin color within a race is the height of hilarity.

by Anonymousreply 131June 23, 2021 6:29 AM

"On here it’ll last for weeks I fear…. "

Are you saying that Gays have trouble letting things go? Noooo

by Anonymousreply 132June 23, 2021 6:30 AM

[quote] DO BETTER.

BE BEST.

by Anonymousreply 133June 23, 2021 6:32 AM

[quote] She can't make similarly coarse jokes based on unflattering stereotypes of black people, of American Indians, of Asian Indians, of people with physical or mental handicaps, of Jews, of Muslims, of Baptists, of Armenians, of Greeks, of Mexicans....

Not to change the subject, but I am surprised Kathleen Madigan has gone unscathed by the woke crowd.

by Anonymousreply 134June 23, 2021 6:33 AM

"—Love, Melania"

Where the hell have you been, girl?

by Anonymousreply 135June 23, 2021 6:35 AM

Don't you know liberals get a pass on hate speech? Doubly so if they're female.

by Anonymousreply 136June 23, 2021 6:36 AM

I don't see a problem.

by Anonymousreply 137June 23, 2021 6:37 AM

R101, Then why did Grandma Behar apologize?

by Anonymousreply 138June 23, 2021 9:36 AM

The Democrats know they're going to get clobbered in the 2022 midterm elections.

That's why Joey is pushing through so much so quckly.

With a Republican House and Senate, he'll be as impotent as Hunter without Viagra.

by Anonymousreply 139June 23, 2021 9:44 AM

^ Republicans will probably not exist as a party in 2022, but nice try. You keep forgetting that you're the bad guys and in every movie and in real life, at the end the bad guys get blown-up, fall into a volcano or shot into outer space

by Anonymousreply 140June 23, 2021 9:57 AM

Joy Behar IS homophobic. And her blackface was not a "mistake."

by Anonymousreply 141June 23, 2021 11:06 AM

R140, Dream on, sweetie.

by Anonymousreply 142June 23, 2021 11:32 AM

[quote]Gay men don’t get passes for misogyny.

This site is rife with misogyny, and I've never seen the prime purveyors of it labeled with red tags or even with the offending posts greyed out.

by Anonymousreply 143June 23, 2021 11:35 AM

[quote]And finally, let's put ourselves in Nassib's place - he was probably already feeling exposed as was. And now he has to hear a nationwide celebrity who's old enough to be his great-grandmother crack jokes about the positions he takes in bed?

Let's hope he never reads DL -- there's a whole lot of men old enough to be his great-grandfather cracking jokes about it here.

by Anonymousreply 144June 23, 2021 11:38 AM

"[R140], Dream on, sweetie. "

Oh, snap!

by Anonymousreply 145June 23, 2021 11:43 AM

I have to add my comment to the heap of comments here that found Joy's comment rather funny--cuz it was funny! Not a fan of Joy or the The View, but funny is funny. Joy is a comedian, she saw a ripe opportunity to crack an innocuous joke & took it. What ever happened to humor & perspective!? The amount of bullshit that gets blasted as racist, homophobic, sexist, etc... these days just makes people care even less when these things happen with actual consequences for the victim. Let's all grow up a little.

by Anonymousreply 146June 23, 2021 12:00 PM

^ That "joke" was a lame grab at low hanging fruit. Any real comedian could have come up with something better then a tired old football metaphor

Tight end

Wide receiver

Deep penetration

Score!

Ooh, so edgy

by Anonymousreply 147June 23, 2021 12:12 PM

Problem solved. Just make a list of all the homophobic, insulting, degrading 'jokes' you will swallow from Joy & other so called liberals as you shuffle, grin & tap dance like Uncle Toms. Cause Everybody knows how gays Love to swallow.

Jerks. Keep shucking, shuffling & grinning as it becomes more & more 'normal' to have all the gains made for gay people rolled back.

by Anonymousreply 148June 23, 2021 12:13 PM

After the lockdown and they started talking from their 'Brady Bunch squares' (and that damn time delay, where they talk all over each other) I watched it less. Then after Trump lost the election I cut down even more (I work 2nd shift).

I can't remember when I watched it now. A few weeks ago?

They have to get back in the studio or they are finished. Did no one tell them there are vaccines available?

by Anonymousreply 149June 23, 2021 12:15 PM

@r148, Oh, shut up, don't you have a bag a kittens to drown or a cousin to molest?

by Anonymousreply 150June 23, 2021 12:16 PM

This 80 year old “gay ally” would fit in with the middle schoolers spamming Nassau’s IG comments with “ you take it in the butt 😂”

by Anonymousreply 151June 23, 2021 12:16 PM

No big deal, just a joke.

by Anonymousreply 152June 23, 2021 12:16 PM

This seems like a very common veiled homophobic talking point, the whole "this isn't a big deal, why do we have to hear about it" thing. Kevin Hart says this shit. It's related to 1 star reviews of gay books that go something like "book is alright but gay sex is just not something that is one of my interests." Assholes.

by Anonymousreply 153June 23, 2021 12:18 PM

@r151, if you read the Twitter jokes from sports guys "taking it in the butt" would be a more sophisticated comment

by Anonymousreply 154June 23, 2021 12:20 PM

R153

Exactly

by Anonymousreply 155June 23, 2021 12:26 PM

Joy Behar is not a homophobe, let alone a homophobe on the level of Kevin Hart.

by Anonymousreply 156June 23, 2021 12:28 PM

I don't think she's a homophobe. She is just old, so she isn't politically correct and probably has some antiquated views. I don't think the joke was that funny but I don't think she was trying to be mean-spirited.

by Anonymousreply 157June 23, 2021 12:32 PM

Maybe not, R156, but thats the element she swims in. We all take on general worldviews like this subconsciously or otherwise. Look at Log Cabin Republicans....

by Anonymousreply 158June 23, 2021 12:57 PM

[quote]Joy Behar is not a homophobe, let alone a homophobe on the level of Kevin Hart.

Whether you think she is or isn't, in private or elsewhere, doesn't matter. She told a homophobic joke. Not a gay joke but a homophobic joke meant to demean gays by reducing them to those who who take dick up the ass. Eww/Haha. The "humor" of the joke turns on demeaning gay men by pointing out their sex practices as aberrant. And her insistence that "come on, it's 2021...I don't know that this is such a big deal" is a common way of saying: enough about these people, dismissing them by saying, in effect, I don't want to talk about them, I don't want to know about them. It's like those who complain "Why should there be a holiday for MLK? He wasn't even a president. There's already a federal holiday in February. There's lots of other people who have have holidays before him."

The point is she would think twice before making jokes that turn on stereotyped traits meant to demean Asians, or Jews, or Hindus, or Blacks, or Christian home-schoolers, but it's okay to drag gays down to something she finds icky to have a laugh at them.

by Anonymousreply 159June 23, 2021 12:58 PM

[quote]Maybe not, [R156], but thats the element she swims in.

It's not. She made one old joke that we've heard for decades. It's not the same "element" as a lengthy routine about killing your own child if he's gay, and spending years complaining about being "cancelled" when you're actually the highest-paid comedian in the world, like Hart has done. Not even close to the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 160June 23, 2021 1:03 PM

I think Joy speaks for a certain segment of society who have come to accept Gays on a social level, but deep down still marginalize them and reduce them to 2nd class citizens. Very much the same attitude toward POC. Everything is fine as long as they don't move next door or marry my daughter or in this case son

by Anonymousreply 161June 23, 2021 1:11 PM

Correct, R161.

by Anonymousreply 162June 23, 2021 1:15 PM

[quote]I don't think she's a homophobe. She is just old,

She’s just the “right” political party, that’s all.

by Anonymousreply 163June 23, 2021 1:17 PM

Is Joy trying to make it to 30 years so she can retire - like a factory worker? Petition ABCDisney to offer her early retirement, or a buyout. Or something.

by Anonymousreply 164June 23, 2021 1:17 PM

R161 incorrect

by Anonymousreply 165June 23, 2021 1:19 PM

Howard Stern has said way, way worse things about gays than Rush Limbaugh, but Stern gets a pass from gays because he’s the right political party. Liberal comedians, or liberal homophobes…always get a pass from gays. If the homophobe or homophobic religion is attached to the liberal platform, gays are perfectly fine about it. And they always fiercely defend the homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 166June 23, 2021 1:25 PM

"[R161] incorrect "

r162 begs to differ

by Anonymousreply 167June 23, 2021 1:35 PM

Some people need to read r130 again.

by Anonymousreply 168June 23, 2021 1:38 PM

Howard Stern is a Libertarian, R166.

by Anonymousreply 169June 23, 2021 1:45 PM

Yep, R161.

by Anonymousreply 170June 23, 2021 1:46 PM

But did Joy challenge Howard Stern when he wrote about how homosexuality was curable, how you could catch AIDS just by being in the same room with a gay man, how gay sex was equivalent to having sex with a garbage can, how homosexuality was a choice, and on and on and on and on for at least two decades with his bullshit against gays. Gay men and lesbians were Stern’s enemy all through the 80s and 90s. He was on par with Dr Laura especially with his bullshit about how his doctor could cure gay people! Joy Behar adores Howard Stern! Fuck off with the hypocritical bullshit at R130.

by Anonymousreply 171June 23, 2021 1:48 PM

Fuck off R169!

by Anonymousreply 172June 23, 2021 1:49 PM

[quote]You are going to get some awkward things out of her mouth.

Has anyone checked for the Lindbergh baby?

by Anonymousreply 173June 23, 2021 1:51 PM

[quote]how you could catch AIDS just by being in the same room with a gay man

Even an AIDS rights group protested him outside NBC because of this.

by Anonymousreply 174June 23, 2021 1:53 PM

[quote] Who the F does this bit-h think she is... Then fckin'retire ...That f'ckn old bit-h. If that's what being a liberal is she can lick Tr-mp's ass in Macy's window on Christmas ev, that's about how real she is. C-NT!

Oh my.

by Anonymousreply 175June 23, 2021 1:55 PM

[quote]The "humor" of the joke turns on demeaning gay men by pointing out their sex practices as aberrant.

Have you read the Carl Nassib threads right here on DL?

by Anonymousreply 176June 23, 2021 2:02 PM

I've been saying something similar too, r176. There are all these threads that are homophobic and then we get these kinds of threads that want someone murdered for a bad gay joke. I don't believe these people who are outraged for a minute.

by Anonymousreply 177June 23, 2021 2:05 PM

[quote]I don't believe these people who are outraged for a minute.

I defended Nassib. I asked if people here sought to destroy his career—the same way they did Michael Sam. I think gays in the media may want to reconsider coming out because of the gay online community and all its homophobia, and even beyond homophobia—doxxing and everything else. I’m not hypocrite. Homophobia is homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 178June 23, 2021 2:09 PM

This is just a ploy by the right. "SEE! SEE! A LIBERAL said something outrageously homophobic!!! They're just as bad!!" They pull this shit all the time about racism too. "Joe Biden voted for bussing in 1972!! He's a racist!!" All the while passing racist and homoiphobic legislation. Please don't fall for this shit.

by Anonymousreply 179June 23, 2021 2:48 PM

^ how ridiculous. Just like Log Cabin Republicans. No sensibility. Party over orientation—the gay motto.

by Anonymousreply 180June 23, 2021 2:59 PM

I usually like Joy but this is just stupid, bitchy and unfunny.

by Anonymousreply 181June 23, 2021 3:04 PM

It was hilarious and anyone who disagrees are dour schoolmarms.

by Anonymousreply 182June 23, 2021 3:10 PM

Who are the idiots who keep writing she's Italian, not Jewish? There are Italian Jews you know, imbeciles.

But in this case she's a Catholic Italian American.

This thread proves Americans are the dumbest mofos in the West.

by Anonymousreply 183June 23, 2021 3:32 PM

[quote]This thread proves Americans are the dumbest mofos in the West.

Yes, Saudi Arabia is just so much better.

by Anonymousreply 184June 23, 2021 3:33 PM

[quote] Joe Biden voted for bussing in 1972!! He's a racist!!

Well, as a matter of fact....

by Anonymousreply 185June 23, 2021 3:35 PM

Again, perspective is everything. Someone may have weak judgement for making a tired joke, but they aren't necessarily homophobic. Homophobia is someone loving The Queer Eye guys & thinking drag queens a real hoot because that's where "the gays" belong, but having issues with gays running for public office, teaching their kids in school, adopting children...well, that's where "the gays" just don't belong. I mean, "I have no problem with gays, I just don't know why they always have to throw it in my face!" That's homophobia, a joke from Joy Behar is not. You think we'd know this by now.

by Anonymousreply 186June 23, 2021 3:40 PM

Can you imagine if he revealed a boyfriend? The straights would have meltdowns. Meanwhile, straight players show off their girlfriends and wives and no one cares. I’m tired of this shit.

by Anonymousreply 187June 23, 2021 3:51 PM

You're not Jewish, you know...

by Anonymousreply 188June 23, 2021 3:54 PM

Joy is alright and she's with us. She's an older person so she gets a pass.

by Anonymousreply 189June 23, 2021 4:02 PM

R62 Active in what sense?

by Anonymousreply 190June 23, 2021 4:05 PM

R183 go fuck yourself with your anti-American bigotry. You're also assuming the poster was American, and you're also stupid if you think a few random posts on an anonymous message board mean anything in the real world.

by Anonymousreply 191June 23, 2021 4:13 PM

@r186, " That's homophobia, a joke from Joy Behar is not. You think we'd know this by now. "

Joy's joke is a symptom of the very homophobia you describe. Gays are fine as long as they're campy drag queens who can decorate and do hair. POC are fine as long as they stick to sports, singing and dancing. Step out of their lane and it's a whole new ballgame

I'll bet Joy always gets a laugh with that joke when hanging with her Gay best friends over cocktails, but it fell rather flat when used against a man making a life-altering announcement. The fact that she couldn't see the difference, but horrible Meghan McCain could tells me that Joy is old and completely out of touch on what it means to come out as Gay. Time for her to go

by Anonymousreply 192June 23, 2021 4:22 PM

[quote]Gays are fine as long as they're campy drag queens who can decorate and do hair. POC are fine as long as they stick to sports, singing and dancing.

She said nothing like this at all. Not even close.

by Anonymousreply 193June 23, 2021 4:25 PM

She’s an asshole; she’s not going anywhere either. Just don’t watch her shit.

by Anonymousreply 194June 23, 2021 4:28 PM

"She said nothing like this at all. Not even close. "

I didn't she said that, I'm saying that's the attitude of the old liberal guard. Gays and POC are fine as long as you stay within the parameters of the box I've designed for you. Lee Radziwell was fine with Truman Capote until he needed her help in a lawsuit, then he became a bothersome fag

by Anonymousreply 195June 23, 2021 4:35 PM

R192 it's not homophobia and you're ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 196June 23, 2021 4:41 PM

R195 Your choices are the liberal old guard or Trump Nazism.

by Anonymousreply 197June 23, 2021 4:46 PM

"Phobia" means "fear" and Joy does not exhibit fear of gays in any shape, whatsoever. Look, it's "funny" because the words line up. "Penetrate" the "back field", "end zone", "sack", "bump and run", "receiver"...the jokes write themselves. When you're in a candy shop and someone is literally "packing fudge" it's hard to resist.

by Anonymousreply 198June 23, 2021 4:50 PM

"[R192] it's not homophobia and you're ridiculous. "

I didn't say it, I was expanding on what r186 described as homophobia

"[R195] Your choices are the liberal old guard or Trump Nazism. "

I have more choices then these two, I'm sorry you think you don't

by Anonymousreply 199June 23, 2021 4:50 PM

""Phobia" means "fear" and Joy does not exhibit fear of gays in any shape, whatsoever. "

A comedian's job is to make fun of things we fear. In her mind she was doing her job. We all made fun of Trump even though he almost destroyed us

by Anonymousreply 200June 23, 2021 4:53 PM

[quote]I didn't she said that, I'm saying that's the attitude of the old liberal guard.

You said nothing about the "attitude of the old liberal guard." You said Joy's joke was a symptom of the kind of homophobia and racism where gays and blacks have to stay in their lane. Then you told some made-up story about how Joy tells this joke to her gay friends at cocktail parties.

I don't mean to get all "you don't even GO here" on you but you can't quote and you seem to think we can't read your previous posts, and you're addicted to random capitalizations. I really don't think you're even a Datalounger, just some drive-by troll.

by Anonymousreply 201June 23, 2021 4:55 PM

^ I'm sorry you misunderstood me

by Anonymousreply 202June 23, 2021 4:58 PM

R199 I meant "your choices are" in the sense of "that's what you're likely to get, if we're being at all realistic." Of course, maybe you think Nikole Hannah-Jones will be elected president.

by Anonymousreply 203June 23, 2021 5:06 PM

^ Ok, but I still don't like those choices

by Anonymousreply 204June 23, 2021 5:13 PM

A phobia is a fear or irrational hatred. Joy Behar is an old hack. No need to give her all this attention.

by Anonymousreply 205June 23, 2021 5:13 PM

Someone upthread posted about OJ Simpson congratulating this player on social media. OJ's father was gay and IIRC dressed as a woman sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 206June 23, 2021 5:24 PM

Simpson's father showed out for a dollar.

by Anonymousreply 207June 23, 2021 5:25 PM

Sunny is probably more homophobic than Joy. Sunny whines: "But it's tradition." I think that's in response to having someone other than your father walk you down the aisle at a wedding. Sunny is so wrapped up in her traditions that she can't use her brain, her education, and just empathy sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 208June 23, 2021 5:26 PM

Can't stand this unfunny hag, but this is nothing to be outraged about. I've told and been told far more offensive jokes. As long as it's funny who cares?

by Anonymousreply 209June 23, 2021 5:27 PM

[quote] Has anyone checked for the Lindbergh baby?

See, now this is good comedy.

by Anonymousreply 210June 23, 2021 5:27 PM

[quote] A comedian's job is to make fun of things we fear. In her mind she was doing her job. We all made fun of Trump even though he almost destroyed us

Hard to suss out exactly what you’re saying here about the joke and Joy’s mindset about gays, but a comedian has more than just that one job.

by Anonymousreply 211June 23, 2021 5:30 PM

^ Joy is a great old broad and a lot of laughs, but she made an error in judgement with a cringey joke best made among friends in a private setting. She apologized, I'm moving on...

by Anonymousreply 212June 23, 2021 5:42 PM

Then we’re in agreement, R212.

by Anonymousreply 213June 23, 2021 5:51 PM

Don’t ever make a joke about anything, ever, because somewhere out there may be a person who will be offended. And so we will destroy you.

by Anonymousreply 214June 23, 2021 5:52 PM

"Then we’re in agreement, [R212]. "

If that's what's important to you, sure, be happy

by Anonymousreply 215June 23, 2021 5:56 PM

^^^ ??

Is this ‘mental ward day’ on DL?

by Anonymousreply 216June 23, 2021 5:58 PM

No one wants to discuss, everyone wants to be right, so why fight it?

Most every day is ‘mental ward day’ somewhere on DL

by Anonymousreply 217June 23, 2021 6:03 PM

Thinking about it, I just realized how sad that show is. Joy frowning and sour, even after Trump lost; Whoopi acting like she just needs a restroom break, baby; the skinny blond with the mosquito voice; the fat blond out in Arizona somewhere bitching. And we're supposed to hang on every word of these harpy heifers for their sage advice?

We will NOT be right back.

by Anonymousreply 218June 23, 2021 6:06 PM

I think the joke is harmless but she is incredibly stupid if she doesn't understand why this was big.

And probably is the problem of this type of show where everybody give an oppinion of things they don't know anything about.

And no, not a lot of athletes came out of the closet, and most of them did it once they career was over, and of course most of them did it on amateur sports

by Anonymousreply 219June 23, 2021 6:27 PM

People forget that the producers give them talking points before the show - and that includes saying ignorant shit like "Watermelondria."

by Anonymousreply 220June 23, 2021 6:29 PM

It was a cheap homophobic joke that boys in junior high would say. If a Republican said it, they’d be cancelled. She should be rightfully called out for it. Stereotypes gay men as bottoms.

How she ever had a career as a comedian is beyond me. Her jokes are never funny.

by Anonymousreply 221June 23, 2021 6:57 PM

The precise same "joke" from McCain would have led to national demands she be fired. The hypocrisy shown here is so predictable it's funny.

by Anonymousreply 222June 23, 2021 7:08 PM

I've learned that "I don't care" coming from a heterosexual really means "I don't want to hear about it because it makes me uncomfortable". Liberals like Joy Behar draw the line at male homosexuality and want to shut the conversation down. And the fact she and Joy Reid and (almost) Kevin Hart get away with this shit time and time again show liberals are not our friends and can't be trusted.

by Anonymousreply 223June 23, 2021 9:14 PM

I think we all agree that Joy is hilarious and the joke was funny, and the people who say otherwise are autistic scolds who don't understand this thing called "humor".

by Anonymousreply 224June 23, 2021 9:35 PM

So if the liberals can't be trusted, are you moronically saying the right wing conservatives CAN be trusted? You know, the ones that want to eliminate gay marriage, the ones that are passing legislation prevent married gays from adoption? Who are you saying to trust? The trump supporters that tear up the rainbow flag crosswalks? WHO?

by Anonymousreply 225June 23, 2021 9:36 PM

Guess what R225, you have fewer allies than you thought.

by Anonymousreply 226June 23, 2021 9:38 PM

R225 only those who submit to brain scans and psychological testing and an FBI background check. And even then, there could be some Manchurian candidate-style people so therefore no one should be trusted, ever.

by Anonymousreply 227June 23, 2021 9:40 PM

Well the left is an ally in that their politics are pro gay employment protections, while the right is of course against any such protections. Also with housing and public service, it is the left that is pro GL protections, not the right. It's really a no brainer. The right has wrapped the evangelical bible thumpers into their fold by promising to get the world back to "one man one woman, no exceptions".

by Anonymousreply 228June 23, 2021 9:44 PM

The left represents corporations who know how profitable it can be to market stuff to childless decadents. Obama was against gay marriage!

by Anonymousreply 229June 23, 2021 9:46 PM

Looks like the troll Trump train just pulled into the station... Choo, choo!

by Anonymousreply 230June 23, 2021 9:49 PM

I'll take Joy any day over a gay Republican.

by Anonymousreply 231June 23, 2021 9:50 PM

I'll take Joy over a gay nihilist like r229.

by Anonymousreply 232June 23, 2021 9:52 PM

Obama was against gay marriage in 08. Six years later it became the law of the land WITH HIS BLESSING. People evolve. Obama evolved. Childless decadents? You, it seems have not evolved.

by Anonymousreply 233June 23, 2021 9:53 PM

They are your ally when they need your $$ or your vote. Then in PUBLIC on live TV mock you. 'Member that old quote, "Truth in Jest."

Try just for a moment to stretch your mind & imagine what they say in private & what they really feel, think & would like to do to you.

by Anonymousreply 234June 23, 2021 9:53 PM

Trump train leaving the station, next stop... Crazytown!

Choo, choo!

by Anonymousreply 235June 23, 2021 9:55 PM

I think Obama was for gay marriage but he was smart enough to know that the country wasn't and it would hurt him politically. I always find it interesting how childlike some people are about things - especially politics - and they don't understand that there is a lot more going on behind the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 236June 23, 2021 9:56 PM

[quote]Try just for a moment to stretch your mind & imagine what they say in private & what they really feel, think & would like to do to you.

The persecution complex is strong in this one.

by Anonymousreply 237June 23, 2021 9:57 PM

R226 I have an ex who thought that almost no one was sufficiently radical where gay rights and feminism was concerned. Only he was radical enough--he saw himself as sort of the Pope of gay rights, feminism, and anti-racism. He essentially used his politics to make other people feel bad. It was just pointless. Of course, in the 80s under Reagan politics on the left had been reduced to symbolism--are you vegan or are you recycling properly or is your language not coded properly.

by Anonymousreply 238June 23, 2021 9:58 PM

You don't know that. You're just yanking that right our of your ass. And if they're on my side and pander to my needs, I don't really mind what they say behind closed doors. Imagine what the right, who actively is against you to your face and is actively passing anti GL legislation to ruin your lives, say behind your back.

by Anonymousreply 239June 23, 2021 9:58 PM

Go look at the thread about Palm Springs gays who can't decide where to vacation and tell me that they aren't decadents. They are a target market.

by Anonymousreply 240June 23, 2021 9:59 PM

Not that America isn't a whole nation of decadents....

by Anonymousreply 241June 23, 2021 10:01 PM

As they should be. We live in a capitalist sociaty.

by Anonymousreply 242June 23, 2021 10:01 PM

I suppose I probably am a gay nihilist. What are gay politics now anyway?? 100% assimilationism. I don't want to be married. I don't want to join the army. I want everyone to fuck everyone else openly and without a care in the world, but sexual freedom is not happening. Marriage freedom, sure. Personally I don't see the dignity in marriage and mortgage debt and consumerism.

by Anonymousreply 243June 23, 2021 10:13 PM

All corporations = left? There's no conservative, right wing corporations? Where did the Mercers and the Hunts get their money?

by Anonymousreply 244June 23, 2021 10:14 PM

Why is it homophobic? Because it’s about sex?

by Anonymousreply 245June 23, 2021 10:15 PM

[Quote] Obama was against gay marriage!

Heck, we all were against gay marriage when it was first discussed. Everyone of us first thought WRF is that?

by Anonymousreply 246June 23, 2021 10:16 PM

^WTF

by Anonymousreply 247June 23, 2021 10:16 PM

Sorry, I'm just watching that Harvey Milk documentary and getting all pissed off and irrational, please ignore me.

by Anonymousreply 248June 23, 2021 10:18 PM

"Heck, we all were against gay marriage when it was first discussed"

Who's "we"? You do know that this is a GAY site, don't you?

by Anonymousreply 249June 23, 2021 10:18 PM

[quote]I don't want to be married. I don't want to join the army. I want everyone to fuck everyone else openly and without a care in the world, but sexual freedom is not happening.

"Why can't everyone be just like me?"

by Anonymousreply 250June 23, 2021 10:19 PM

See R248.

by Anonymousreply 251June 23, 2021 10:21 PM

About those saying she pretended to be Jewish--

For YEARS, one of her jokes/riffs was that some people had trouble telling New York Italians (like her) from New York Jews. "Italians like me"--not "Italian Jews" or anything else.

And yes, Italian Jews exist, but they are exceedingly rare in America. Those that left after WWII mostly went to South America. (I know a few from Argentina like this.)

by Anonymousreply 252June 23, 2021 10:35 PM

George Costanza = Italian Jew...

by Anonymousreply 253June 23, 2021 10:37 PM

I love Joy Behar. She made a crass, tasteless joke. I forgive her. I don't want to cancel her. Joy is a true and consistent ally, and that must be considered.

There are plenty right-wingers who we have to overlook and move forward. We have to to it nearly every day with Meghan McCain.

by Anonymousreply 254June 23, 2021 10:44 PM

George Costanza = fictional character played by actor Jason Alexander, stage name of Jay Greenspan, an Ashkenazi Jew.

Try again.

by Anonymousreply 255June 23, 2021 10:46 PM

R249, I know I was thrown for a loop when gay marriage was first proposed and so were most gays.

So let’s stop pretending Obama’s being against gay marriage at first was something unheard of or even something we should care about. He came around quickly and through the entire weight of the Executive Branch in support of gay marriage—one of the main reasons SCOTUS was comfortable ruling the way it did .

by Anonymousreply 256June 23, 2021 10:47 PM

It was a joke! An ostensibly Italian character whose dad was Jerry Stiller.

by Anonymousreply 257June 23, 2021 10:47 PM

"I know I was thrown for a loop when gay marriage was first proposed and so were most gays."

You speak for no one but yourself and if I were you I'd ignore my own stupidity

by Anonymousreply 258June 23, 2021 10:58 PM

Everyone here is not Andrew Sullivan.

by Anonymousreply 259June 23, 2021 10:59 PM

R258 seems "special"

by Anonymousreply 260June 23, 2021 11:06 PM

^ Seems "ordinary", everyone says so

by Anonymousreply 261June 23, 2021 11:14 PM

[quote] However, I do agree that if Meghan McCain had made this joke or a white straight guy, the Twitter mob would have cancelled them.

Meghan McCain is canceled on Twitter every. single. day. she’s on television. Has ABC cancelled her contract? Nope. She said we should move on from the insurrection (which was plotted in part by lawyers in the Federalist Society).

I think Joy should say “sorry about that” and everything is fine.

by Anonymousreply 262June 23, 2021 11:28 PM

[quote] Meghan McCain is canceled on Twitter every. single. day. she’s on television. Has ABC cancelled her contract? Nope.

She's kind of perfect for the View, and ABC will keep her around for a long while. She probably has a couple people who tune in to see her fat ass and ridiculous hair and makeup and agree with her batshittery; I bet the number of people tuning in to hate watch her - even for a minute - is huge, which is great for ratings. I only watch it on the West Coast when I see via Twitter she's said something especially stupid (but I try to watch it on a bootleg site so I'm not included in any positive metrics for them.)

by Anonymousreply 263June 23, 2021 11:36 PM

She's just lucky she didn't say "ching chong".

by Anonymousreply 264June 24, 2021 12:09 AM

Fire all of them at this point except Ana Navarro and bring in an entirely new panel.

And why are they still at home? Fucking lazy ass rich people bitching from their posh apartments while collecting nice salaries. Get your fucking ass to the studio. Everyone else has been doing it for almost a year now. You're not special.

by Anonymousreply 265June 24, 2021 12:29 AM

All of the above who believe Joy is funny . . .

Would you pay to see her do stand-up in a comedy club?

by Anonymousreply 266June 24, 2021 2:02 AM

R266 better question, for you: would you pay to have Joy do your taxes?

by Anonymousreply 267June 24, 2021 3:29 AM

The world has gone to shit. No one can make a joke about anything ever again.

by Anonymousreply 268June 24, 2021 4:24 AM

^ You're pretty laughable

by Anonymousreply 269June 24, 2021 5:02 AM

I love how that homophobic POS Joy Reid wants to cancel everyone, but was playing up every card she had, including lying, about her past tweets on gays. She needs to be cancelled — for many reasons.

by Anonymousreply 270June 24, 2021 5:50 AM

^ Oh, look, the boss of cancel culture has arrived. We're saved

by Anonymousreply 271June 24, 2021 5:59 AM

R267, As usual, your ignorance is on full display, you fucking moron.

You're unaware that much of her early career was spent on the comedy club circuit.

by Anonymousreply 272June 24, 2021 6:04 AM

R166 you're a fucking idiot. These comments aren't made in a vacuum. Howard said some idiotic things early on. But, he eventually came around, and for years and years now has been preaching acceptance. Rush Limbaugh never did.

Joy Behar was on the radio in the early '90s, on Rush's station railing against the government's weak response to AIDS, and saying gay people should be allowed to adopt and marry. The did that for years and years so a dumb, stale joke doesn't bother me in the least. And I know it doesn't bother you either. You're just using it to score dumb, pointless rhetorical points.

I see RIGHT through you, scumfuck. Go the fuck away, Trumptard.

by Anonymousreply 273June 24, 2021 6:26 AM

R273 = Beth Ostrosky

by Anonymousreply 274June 24, 2021 8:28 AM

[quote]And why are they still at home?

Because the season is almost over, why bother. start fresh with new sets in September.

by Anonymousreply 275June 24, 2021 9:58 AM

Understanding history and context matters in a society that has become as complex as ours, but extremists at both ends of the political spectrum unfortunately choose to disregard that in order to cherry-pick issues and manufacture outrage. Joy Behar is a comedian who has proven herself as a gay ally, as R273 and others have pointed out. Move on.

by Anonymousreply 276June 24, 2021 11:40 AM

[quote]Joy Behar is a comedian who has proven herself as a gay ally, as [R273] and others have pointed out. Move on.

No, why don't you move on, R276? You're not the last word now, I am, and likely someone else as I write this. Most of the world only knows Joy Behar as one of the fat asses on that stupid show meant to entertain brain-dead housewives and a few vapid, brain-dead gays of a certain age. Okay, Behar was a comedian. Was. Because what she does now certainly isn't setting the comedy world on edge. And if she was a comedian before, it's because you say as much. I never heard her name once in my life before she was part of that stupid show, and I'm reasonably informed about comedy (and history.) I maintain she was neither an important nor memorable name in the comedy world of her time, but fine, she was a comedian.

As to proving herself a gay ally, she just this week proved herself the kind of "ally" who talks badly about the people she supports. No, really, I love the Jews, God's Chosen People and all that, but let me dig up every tired old ethnic and religious insult in the book and insult them to show you how much I love the Jews. Not convinced yet? Wait, I have more, centuries more! When I'm done rehashing every old stereotype in the book, you'll see how much I love the Jews. And if anyone complains, well I'll just tell them to get a fucking sense of humor already. Lighten up, Jeez! I really don't understand why everybody is complaining. Why is it such a big deal? Why are we even talking about this? Why can't they just have a laugh and move on? I'm tired of talking about this now. It's their fault for being overly sensitive and humorless, and for not shutting up when I asked them to.

Maybe she was a "gay ally" at some point, maybe a great one, but you get get a life pass against, years later, saying not just stupid but insulting things, meant to demean. Her stupid corny joke was not an ad lib, it's something she planned and thought would be funny, that people would love her for it. It wasn't funny and they didn't love her for it. The proper response is to acknowledge she did something that turned out contrary to intention, not to dig her heels in and blame the victims of her joke for not shutting up because she, evidently, wants to insult but wants her insulted audience to shut the fuck up about it, like ridiculous people defined only by the unseemly practice of taking dicks up the ass.

by Anonymousreply 277June 24, 2021 1:31 PM

It is weirdly incomprehensible that some people commenting are so willing to accept her insulting a newly public gay man on National TV. And then she skews it if you don't find her Hysterically funny you have no sense of humor.

Sorry, I don't find mocking gay people funny. No in the past & not now.

But, but she is an ally. Really, that how an ally treats one? Public mocking? Whew, w. allies like that you need to get some REAL friends. The dictionary is your friend. Look up the words.

by Anonymousreply 278June 24, 2021 2:11 PM

Well I think the problem here is that people (I am the worst offender too) are trying to talk real politics and real life in the middle of a Joy Behar conversation. The next step is preaching Maoism in the theater gossip thread.

by Anonymousreply 279June 24, 2021 5:30 PM

r278 you, not having a sense of humor about gay people? Well, I never!

by Anonymousreply 280June 24, 2021 5:37 PM

Would Joy have apologized if the producers had not implored her to?

Of course not.

by Anonymousreply 281June 24, 2021 5:37 PM

r277 you really wrote an entire essay on a throwaway joke.

by Anonymousreply 282June 24, 2021 5:37 PM

Lipsynka (John Epperson)

by Anonymousreply 283June 24, 2021 5:38 PM

Never thought I would see the day that gay people would defend a homophobe. How the world has turned.

Turn on your fellow gays to defend a homophobe..OK. Homophobes have won haven't they?

by Anonymousreply 284June 24, 2021 5:42 PM

r284 you're really claiming Joy is a homophobe. Okay, you're sane.

by Anonymousreply 285June 24, 2021 5:43 PM

Joy is a lazy, predictable comedienne.

When "W" was POTUS, she tried to work a reference to "bush" into each Hot Topics.

Then she would look at the audience with a "See what I did there?" smirk and be so proud of herself.

by Anonymousreply 286June 24, 2021 5:48 PM

So, if Joy isn't neither is Kevin Heart

by Anonymousreply 287June 24, 2021 5:51 PM

Joy is eighty years old. Her viewership is older. She's not today's modern comedians who are so paranoid about offending the offense thermometers on Twitter that they self-censor to the extreme.

r287 Kevin HART is a totally different situation, and if you had any brains you'd know it.

by Anonymousreply 288June 24, 2021 5:53 PM

Why is Kevin different because he is black?

by Anonymousreply 289June 24, 2021 6:00 PM

r289 He's different because you touch yourself at night.

by Anonymousreply 290June 24, 2021 6:01 PM

Before the View, Joy tried to make herself happen as a comedian in the NYC scene. She failed miserably. Every solo TV show has also flopped.

by Anonymousreply 291June 24, 2021 6:01 PM

Sounds like you just don't like Joy.

by Anonymousreply 292June 24, 2021 6:02 PM

Good God, r131: lighten the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 293June 24, 2021 6:03 PM

I’ve never found her particularly funny or insightful. No one on that show is a Mensa member.

by Anonymousreply 294June 24, 2021 6:05 PM

[quote]Before the View, Joy tried to make herself happen as a comedian in the NYC scene. She failed miserably. Every solo TV show has also flopped.

She's made more money than 99% of America's comedians over the past 20 years, so I don't know if "failed miserably" is the phrase I'd use.

by Anonymousreply 295June 24, 2021 6:06 PM

R295: If you take your brown nose out of her asshole for a moment, read the first three words of the R294's quote -- the one you inserted in your post.

by Anonymousreply 296June 24, 2021 6:16 PM

Yes, I do touch myself at night on camera & make loads of dough doing it.

Jealous??

Again Joyless, the aging homophobe can make 'jokes' because she's an old Woke white woman, but no no to Kevin H. cause he's black.

by Anonymousreply 297June 24, 2021 9:58 PM

R297, How many people under the age of 30 could even tell you who Joy Behar is?

by Anonymousreply 298June 25, 2021 12:17 AM

Some queers here have major Mamma issues.

by Anonymousreply 299June 25, 2021 1:00 AM

R273 The joke was tasteless and if it was a conservative the one who said it the same people defending her will be up in arms, but it was not the joke what upsets me, it's the fact that she is talking about something she has absolutely no idea.

Because if she really doesn't know why it was such a fuss an NFL player coming out it's because she is is living under a rock or doesn't know a thing about sports.

Maybe she is an straight ally, but she was plain wrong on this

by Anonymousreply 300June 25, 2021 6:36 PM

[quote] How many people under the age of 30 could even tell you who Joy Behar is?

There is no one on DL under the age of 30.

by Anonymousreply 301June 25, 2021 6:59 PM

#301 I beg to differ!

by Anonymousreply 302June 25, 2021 8:16 PM

[quote] Maybe she is an straight ally

She's not. Don't confuse someone being liberal with being an ally.

by Anonymousreply 303June 25, 2021 8:33 PM

She met her husband at a nudist colony

by Anonymousreply 304June 25, 2021 8:48 PM

[quote] She met her husband at a nudist colony

The poor bastard

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305June 25, 2021 9:06 PM

She really is a dumb cunt. Everyone on that show is pathetic regardless of political affiliation. Ana Navarro is a gold digging whore who married Methuselah

by Anonymousreply 306June 25, 2021 9:27 PM

And you watch everyday R306. We know you do.

by Anonymousreply 307June 25, 2021 9:47 PM

R307 Actually I have a job. This show has always been lowest common denominator. Joy got very lucky being picked by Bawawa otherwise it would’ve been back to teaching

by Anonymousreply 308June 25, 2021 10:25 PM

"I don't have a problem with gays, I just wish they'd shut up about it".....Every liberal heterosexual.

by Anonymousreply 309June 25, 2021 11:23 PM

Wow, all her ass licking defenders seem to have stopped posting. Maybe, your're getting that MANY people don't support homophobes, not matter how lush the mantle of WOKE they wear. Someone who make homophobic jokes are not allies.

by Anonymousreply 310June 26, 2021 8:56 PM

Or maybe we've accepted the fact that people as humorlessly tedious (and grammatically challenged) as R310 aren't actually allies either, and given up trying to have a reasonable exchange of...views...with those who have no sense of perspective or ability to laugh at themselves.

by Anonymousreply 311June 27, 2021 1:03 AM

She made an anal sex joke. The punchline was: "in the end zone." I don't think it was homophobic. She apologized. She often makes these saucy, old school sex jokes.

The Republican Party is the Anti-LGBT party, also they are racist and misogynist. The other scary part is the are anti-Democracy and the other major political party in this country (USA). If they get into power again, we are fucking dead.

by Anonymousreply 312June 27, 2021 1:24 AM

Exactly, R312. In fact, I bet Joy herself would argue that her joke was a form of acceptance. Why shouldn't she poke fun at gay sex just as she does at pretty much everything else, including herself and her husband? Meghan McCain was variously "digusted," "outraged," and "stunned" by Joy's joke, according to Twitter. Uh, okay. Which of them uses every breath she takes to defend a political party that exists solely to expand its own power even if it means destroying our democracy, and which of them was given a GLAAD award for advocacy?

I don't remember moving to the Twilight Zone, but it certainly feels as though I'm living in it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313June 27, 2021 3:06 AM

A gay joke from a nearly 80-year-old grandmother in 2021 is unseemly.

by Anonymousreply 314June 27, 2021 4:21 AM

[quote]Meghan McCain was variously "digusted," "outraged," and "stunned" by Joy's joke, according to Twitter.

Meghan McCain is a card carrying never wavering Republican that supports the platform yet she thinks she's a gay ally because she's friends with Clay Akin.

by Anonymousreply 315June 27, 2021 12:06 PM

R315, Many were variously disgusted, outraged and stunned at the joke John McCain once told at an Arizona fundraising dinner:

“Do you know why Chelsea Clinton is so ugly?”

“Because Janet Reno is her father.”

by Anonymousreply 316June 27, 2021 12:26 PM

What did you expect from some grimy old military guy? Just because he's an American Hero doesn't mean he's not a crusty old dick. John Kerry didn't make too many converts with his "pleasant hero" act....

by Anonymousreply 317June 27, 2021 2:21 PM

[quote] I bet Joy herself would argue that her joke was a form of acceptance.

Of course she would, because she always has ridiculous excuses for her homophobia and racism (remember when she tried to spin her blackface?)

by Anonymousreply 318June 27, 2021 3:21 PM

I would argue it too, R 318. And I've never appeared in blackface.

Your extremist bullshit doesn't do anyone any favors. Our society cannot survive if we don't consider context and motivation and give others the benefit of the doubt when it's warranted.

by Anonymousreply 319June 28, 2021 1:12 AM

Yes R319 The US will break down over an 80 year old comic who backhands certain groups (on more than 1 occasion) she says she supports in public with nasty "jokes".

by Anonymousreply 320June 28, 2021 1:47 AM

Oh the outrage!

by Anonymousreply 321June 28, 2021 9:06 AM

Joy Behar belongs more in an assisted living center than co-hosting a network talk show.

by Anonymousreply 322June 28, 2021 12:53 PM

If Joy's joke was something that made gays look feminine, or untrustworthy, or child molesters...you know, something really BAD, then yes, a pile on about her being a homophobe would be warranted. But this was a goofy sexual joke, one that's made all the fucking time. She also jokes about how older guys can't get it up, how older folks can't hear well, have aches and pains, are clueless...ect. The point is, ANY joke she would have made with gays, ANY whatsoever, would have gotten half the DL's panties in a knot. Can't you just fire back with something about her pussy being a dusty cellar? I swear some people LIVE to be outraged.

by Anonymousreply 323June 28, 2021 3:25 PM

Your complete inability to follow my move from the specific to the general in my post at R319 pretty much proves my point, R320. And you'll have to help me understand how inexplicably calling me "MAARRRYYYY" isn't extraordinarily homophobic in and of itself.

by Anonymousreply 324June 29, 2021 12:00 AM

R324 So sue me!

by Anonymousreply 325June 29, 2021 3:55 AM

"I don't have a problem with gays, I just wish they'd shut up about it".....Every liberal heterosexual.

What a dreary point of view. Do you really not know any heterosexuals who genuinely like you and don't just want to shut you up?

by Anonymousreply 326June 29, 2021 7:02 PM

Can we acknowledge the fact that Joy recognized her mistake and apologized for it on air in the same episode? You know MEaghan and Sunny could never do that.

by Anonymousreply 327June 29, 2021 7:36 PM

What R14 said.

Why are we defending Joy Behar??? WTF???

by Anonymousreply 328June 29, 2021 7:57 PM

R328 right! We should bring back public stoning and hit that old cunt with big rocks until she is a bloody, weeping mess, begging for forgiveness -- but no forgiveness for her! This is the face of the new left -- no fucking mercy... unless they're Republicans, because what can you do, right? But we do have power to ruin liberals, so let's fucking get at it.

by Anonymousreply 329June 29, 2021 8:10 PM

R327, Joy was commanded by a producer to issue an immediate apology.

by Anonymousreply 330June 29, 2021 8:13 PM

[quote][R328] right! We should bring back public stoning and hit that old cunt with big rocks until she is a bloody, weeping mess

WTF is wrong with you? I only asked what we were defending someone for obvious homophobic speech.

Are you okay? You sound batshit. Are you even gay??

by Anonymousreply 331June 29, 2021 9:40 PM

That's your comeback, R320/R325? Wish I could say I were surprised.

by Anonymousreply 332June 30, 2021 1:33 AM

[quote] Why are we defending Joy Behar??? WTF???

We're not. Only a few DL sycophants and some interns from her PR firm are.

by Anonymousreply 333June 30, 2021 4:38 PM

R333, Joy's interns are in their sixties.

by Anonymousreply 334June 30, 2021 7:20 PM

When I heard the news I thought to myself..."Is he a tight end?" Guilty, I confess.

by Anonymousreply 335June 30, 2021 7:24 PM

[quote]Why are we defending Joy Behar??? WTF???

I wasn't offended by her joke and I have zero connection to her. I like her. PERIOD. I'm more offended by a gay Trumper, no matter what he looks like.

by Anonymousreply 336June 30, 2021 10:03 PM

[quote] I'm more offenede

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 337July 1, 2021 1:31 PM

Behar is past her expiration date.

by Anonymousreply 338July 1, 2021 2:03 PM

Offénde !

by Anonymousreply 339July 1, 2021 2:05 PM

Ok, now that you have accent marks.

by Anonymousreply 340July 1, 2021 4:12 PM

I hate MeAgain, but this show is going to be so boring now with them all essentially agreeing with each other,

by Anonymousreply 341July 1, 2021 4:15 PM

I just always think “could you say something analogous about blacks?” If it’s a “no” I consider the remark homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 342July 1, 2021 5:24 PM

Never understood her appeal. Not particularly funny or clever. She’s a great example of luck and being in the right place at the right time

by Anonymousreply 343July 9, 2021 6:20 PM

[quote]She’s a great example of luck and being in the right place at the right time

Says you. She's paid the rent thru show business since the 80's.

by Anonymousreply 344July 9, 2021 7:54 PM

Joy Behar owes Barbara Walters, big time.

by Anonymousreply 345July 9, 2021 8:09 PM

[quote] Joy Behar owes Barbara Walters, big time.

Agree. And yet, Ms. Behar now acts like Barbara Walters doesn't exist.

by Anonymousreply 346July 9, 2021 10:43 PM

R346 - Barbara Walters didn't add much to the show - she was always middle road and never had much of an opinion, even on shit that should be easily called out.

The show is the other women.

I like Joy - but what irks me is that she never talks about her first husband and any connections and favors she got from that. Her first husband was a director of some TV game shows and a lot of soap operas. For her to become a producer on Good Morning America in her early 40's wasn't some stroke of dumb luck.

by Anonymousreply 347July 9, 2021 10:59 PM

[quote] And why are they still at home?

You know, I tried to make an appointment for a video visit with my dr in NYC, since I have to go in there and get a bunch of tests within a week, I figured I’d just call to make a video visit with him to discuss results. But the calendar was all booked up for video visits until the first week in August, and then it stopped. The rest of the month was whited out. So I went back to see about an office visit and had no problem making one at the end of August. So I’m thinking he’s ending video visits after first week in August.

I would’ve called to make an appointment but I can’t. The phone is endlessly busy. No voicemail, just a busy signal, a click sound and busy signal again. I tried calling for the last 2 days to cancel a Monday appointment. I couldn’t cancel an appointment in the app either. I sent them a written. message via the app to cancel and never got a response. I was sent an automated text at 2pm, like I always get to press Y to confirm, N to cancel. I pressed N. But I’m not happy. You can’t be bothered to answer the phone? A doctor’s office? You don’t respond to typed messages in the app? You make me go in to see you when I could easily have had that visit on FaceTime?

Covid has turned people into lazy bastards.

by Anonymousreply 348July 10, 2021 12:35 AM

Never heard any of that, R347--she talks often of working at GMA as a receptionist, though.

by Anonymousreply 349July 10, 2021 2:00 AM

R348, did someone ask about your doctor appointments?

by Anonymousreply 350July 10, 2021 4:13 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!