Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

๐—ข๐—› ๐—›๐—ข๐—ช ๐—ง๐—›๐—˜ ๐— ๐—œ๐—š๐—›๐—ง๐—ฌ ๐—›๐—”๐—ฉ๐—˜ ๐—™๐—”๐—Ÿ๐—Ÿ๐—˜๐—ก: ๐— ๐—ถ๐˜€๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฎ

I was shocked AF when I saw this interview with Misha Barton and would never have recognized her had they not named her.

How do you go from one to another??? And donโ€™t tell me itโ€™s just age. How do you have ever gene pool and somehow mess it up!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75June 28, 2021 5:29 PM

Why Mischa. Why?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 22, 2021 3:14 PM

She looks fine in today's Guardian article.

I don't know what "have ever gene pool" means in the OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 22, 2021 3:17 PM

The article:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 22, 2021 3:17 PM

I knew someone who worked on The O.C. and he hated all the young people except Rachel Bilson.

by Anonymousreply 4June 22, 2021 3:17 PM

Anna wrecks ya.

by Anonymousreply 5June 22, 2021 3:22 PM

R5, those are not anorexic ravages.

She got caught up in partying and never wanted the fun to end.

Alcohol and cocaine.

by Anonymousreply 6June 22, 2021 3:30 PM

She ate half the cast of The O.C.

That's what happened.

by Anonymousreply 7June 22, 2021 3:34 PM

So who is she talking about when she says someone could have been more compassionate to her on the OC. She claims to have had a problem with at least two people behind the scenes.

In the r3 article which I also read today it seems like sheโ€™s in denial about how far her career has descended. She says her manager sends her scripts based on the depth of the charactersโ€ฆ it would probably help if they sent her some good movie scripts regardless of the character otherwise no one will see her work so whatโ€™s the point.

She enjoys being English but I watched a movie of hers I think โ€œtartโ€ and she put on the worst English accent Iโ€™ve heard. Considering her parents are British I was expecting that she could master a decent accent.

All that said, I hate to see young people have the carpet pulled from under them and itโ€™s a shame how she was built up and then pulled down by the mediaโ€ฆ

by Anonymousreply 8June 22, 2021 3:55 PM

R8 donโ€™t you feel like she kinda sorta did it to herself?

by Anonymousreply 9June 23, 2021 11:27 AM

She just looks like typical American women: fat and prematurely aging. Did her voice always sound like this? I watched some of The O. C. but do not recall her voice sounding like this.

by Anonymousreply 10June 23, 2021 12:26 PM

Sheโ€™s aged and put on weight just like you have, OP.

by Anonymousreply 11June 23, 2021 12:37 PM

Yeah, somethings wrong with her English accent. If sheโ€™s fat with a bunch of problems I wish she would take a break but then sheโ€™s not a serious actress anyway?

by Anonymousreply 12June 23, 2021 12:50 PM

Why did OP post pics of Ivana Trump?

by Anonymousreply 13June 23, 2021 12:52 PM

She went from the O.C. to the G.C. (Golden Corral).

by Anonymousreply 14June 23, 2021 12:57 PM

All the stuck up bitches I knew in my teens wanted to be her

by Anonymousreply 15June 23, 2021 1:01 PM

Remember her disappointed look when she was NOT eliminated from Dancing With The Stars? She did that show for the money, but didn't want to do the work.

by Anonymousreply 16June 23, 2021 1:09 PM

No thatโ€™s normal aging. Sheโ€™s only 35. She was a extraordinarily beautiful girl. Itโ€™s a shame she looks like this now.

by Anonymousreply 17June 23, 2021 1:12 PM

Notorious drug addict.

by Anonymousreply 18June 23, 2021 1:16 PM

She got off the coke/Adderall/etc, for starters. If she has an addictive personality, perhaps she's using food as a vice instead of drugs or alcohol. Considering she's 35, she looks fine.

by Anonymousreply 19June 23, 2021 1:24 PM

She definitely had an eating disorder back in the days. You could see that her body wasn't meant to be as skinny as she was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 23, 2021 1:24 PM

โ€œ[R8] donโ€™t you feel like she kinda sorta did it to herself?โ€

You must have not been around then. They picked her out of 1000 actors to stalk, harass, and intentionally try to ruin her life and make her into a joke. She was a meme before there were really memes like that. She was a victim. A target.

by Anonymousreply 21June 23, 2021 1:36 PM

I remember seeing some interview when she was opening harrods or some place, her pupils looked constricted and she was talking in a strange way with an out of it look on her face, it was sad to see.

After checking IMDb and seeing what sheโ€™s been up to, I was shocked. For her career to have gone the way it did into all those terrible films, was it bankruptcy or other issuesโ€ฆ it canโ€™t be for the depth of the characters and love of the work, surely. Iโ€™ve not seen a b-list actress descend so quickly. Then she seems to think sheโ€™s above reality tv but ended up on the hills, surely even a show like rhbh would have been better than the hills. Now a documentaryโ€ฆ itโ€™s Tara Reid territory.

I feel bad for these starlets, really performing is all theyโ€™ve known, it seems hard to believe they could get normal jobs after all the notoriety. And the business seems more exploitative than ever.

by Anonymousreply 22June 23, 2021 1:37 PM

MY BUSSY STINKS

by Anonymousreply 23June 23, 2021 2:14 PM

She shouldโ€™ve married a billionaire and when she was at her peak

by Anonymousreply 24June 23, 2021 3:13 PM

Is she on antidepressants and corticosteroids? Those drugs can cause massive ballooning in weight...

by Anonymousreply 25June 23, 2021 3:19 PM

In the guardian she complains about being typecast as Marisa in the o.c, but surely thereโ€™s worst typecasting than that. I donโ€™t see how it would limit her much. Anyway sees sheโ€™s moving on so hopefully she can get it together.

by Anonymousreply 26June 23, 2021 3:41 PM

OP, how did you do that with the thread title font?

by Anonymousreply 27June 23, 2021 4:05 PM

For some reason her weight gain doesn't look real, she looks like the fat suit Gwyneth Paltrow wore in Shallow Hal.

by Anonymousreply 28June 23, 2021 5:01 PM

Such cunts.

by Anonymousreply 29June 23, 2021 5:18 PM

She, Britney, Lohan, Paris... what the hell kind of cocaine did they have in LA in the early aughts that ruined all of these girls? (Our SF blow was ok.)

by Anonymousreply 30June 24, 2021 12:15 AM

Mischa Barton on All My Children

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 24, 2021 12:18 AM

Wasn't her mother one of those crazy stage moms? I grew up watching the OC and I remember the press used to stalk her 24/7, I can't imagine being a teenager and dealing with that. If she's happier being larger than good for her, better that than suicidal and skinny.

by Anonymousreply 32June 24, 2021 12:24 AM

Isnโ€™t she allegedly a heavy, heavy drinker? The paparazzi always caught her coming from liquor stores.

by Anonymousreply 33June 24, 2021 12:38 AM

Agreed, r32. She was on the verge of death years ago, when she also happened to be thin and hot. She looks healthier and happier. She had a shit childhood. People should cut her some slack.

by Anonymousreply 34June 24, 2021 12:39 AM

I donโ€™t remember her being as bad as Paris and Lindsay but did wonder why after the o.c, all she seemed to get was a cw show when it seemed clear she was hoping to be launched in movies. It seems she never really wanted to be on a show like the o.c. She describes Marisa as a valid party girl. But I thought the point was that Marisa was not so vapid. She really seems to resent that character so I can only guess it has to do with the behind the scene drama.

It reminds me of Karen black saying that day of the locust ruined her reputation in the industry. The film itself was good although not a huge hit but it was the reputation she acquired behind the scenes that seemed to bring her career down a level. I wonder if sheโ€™s saying the stuff going on behind the scenes on the o.c, gave her a bad rep. She seemed destined for movies at one point.

by Anonymousreply 35June 24, 2021 12:40 AM

^^^Sally Struthers used to whine about how she was offered the role in [italic]Locust[/italic] but had to turn it down because of her television show.

by Anonymousreply 36June 24, 2021 12:43 AM

Isn't there a video of her floating around where she's talking to people who aren't there on her condo patio? The weight gain could be from the meds. Ah, Hollywood. So kind to people with serious issues.

by Anonymousreply 37June 24, 2021 12:58 AM

She dated that greasy bear dude

by Anonymousreply 38June 24, 2021 1:02 AM

Greasy bearโ€™s brother died of a overdose a couple of years ago, and he has stepped back from the spotlight a bit since then. He dated all of the 90โ€™s druggies, back in the day. He was a straight up asshole, but maybe he grew up.

by Anonymousreply 39June 24, 2021 1:36 AM

She always looked kind of rough to me. Photos from a magazine article are not very revealing of how someone really looks. The magazine does a LOT to each photo before publication.

by Anonymousreply 40June 24, 2021 1:46 AM

Link doesn't work

by Anonymousreply 41June 24, 2021 1:58 AM

You know her Mum who was her manger apparently took a lot of her money. She has had mental health issues for sure. But actually have seen interviews with her and she is likeable. Vulnerable? Yes, but who cares if she put on some weight?

by Anonymousreply 42June 24, 2021 2:23 AM

R17, you should still be gorgeous at 35 years old. There's no excuse to be totally spent in your thirties unless you are ill or have substance abuse problems.

I'm not insinuating that she's spent, but maybe dealing with something more, like black magic.

by Anonymousreply 43June 24, 2021 2:42 AM

I doubt Greasy grew up. Probably just at the point in his addiction and age in life that he prefers to his drugs at home.

by Anonymousreply 44June 24, 2021 3:07 AM

She seems narcissistic and like she doesn't own all of her issues. I think she's still using. You can tell that she still sees herself as this huge starlet and it's like... no one cares about the OC anymore. It's kind of sad, like the fat, aging prom queen who spends the rest. of her life reliving her glory days

by Anonymousreply 45June 24, 2021 3:29 AM

[Quote] I knew someone who worked on The O.C. and he hated all the young people except Rachel Bilson.

That doesn't surprise me. Rachel's done pretty well since The OC ended. Ben and Adam get more attention now by joining the DCverse.

[Quote] So who is she talking about when she says someone could have been more compassionate to her on the OC. She claims to have had a problem with at least two people behind the scenes.

I wonder if one of them was Tate? He played her dad but also directed a few episodes. Cam Gigandet talked shit about the cast too.

[Quote] It seems she never really wanted to be on a show like the o.c. She describes Marisa as a valid party girl. But I thought the point was that Marisa was not so vapid.

She wasn't, but Marissa was still an asshole. I was glad to see her character go in season 3.

by Anonymousreply 46June 25, 2021 5:32 AM

I stopped watching the oc after only a few episodes to me it just seemed more of the same. Iโ€™m about the same age as mischa but I grew up with the original 90210 and Dawsonโ€™s creek, so the oc seemed like a poor relation to those shows by the time it came about.

by Anonymousreply 47June 25, 2021 8:24 AM

It gets very repetitive by season 3. They burned through storylines way too quickly. Not surprised it was cancelled soon after Marissa died.

by Anonymousreply 48June 25, 2021 1:49 PM

Barton gave one of the greatest and most courageous child-actress performances of all time in the haunting independent drama LAWN DOGS (1997), opposite a younger Sam Rockwell.

Sheโ€™ll always be redeemable and a worthy performer in my eyes just for that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49June 25, 2021 7:43 PM

Sheโ€™s fat - which is unacceptable for an actress whose identity was based on being pretty and wispy. Possibly psych drugs. Remember hearing about her going batshit in her back yard and neighbors having to call cops. Either illegal or legal drugs. Never a stunning talent. A shame that she will keep trying to relive her adolescent fame - which is a road to nowhere. She needs to check out of Hollywood and do something meaningful.

by Anonymousreply 50June 25, 2021 7:58 PM

She had an eating disorder when she was younger, r50, which she combined with massive amounts of coke. She is not naturally thin.

by Anonymousreply 51June 25, 2021 9:36 PM

If my snitch is right her DOC wasn't coke but meth. Meth has legs that coke doesn't have. Meth makes you skinny much faster than coke ever would. Hence all the psychotic breaks and the ODs and the litany of dubious events that seem to litter her life. Same goes by the way for Britney and Lindsay Lohan.

by Anonymousreply 52June 25, 2021 10:34 PM

She could do voiceovers what for her low voice. It'd be easy money for her if she was willing to put in the work.

by Anonymousreply 53June 25, 2021 10:36 PM

Yeah - based on the story of her going psycho in her back yard, it was meth. No other drug does that to people.

by Anonymousreply 54June 26, 2021 12:24 AM

R54 coke if youโ€™re addicted makes you totally crazy - thereโ€™s a definite โ€œcocaine personalityโ€ Iโ€™m not sure what youโ€™re talking about.

I seriously doubt many actors get into meth simply because of what it does to ones looks. Coke is still the drug of choice.

by Anonymousreply 55June 26, 2021 12:41 AM

Does she still have that huge house in Beverly Hills? I remember her having trouble trying to keep that house financially.

She must've made at least $15 million dollars in her heyday and blew through all of it. I wonder how she supports herself now that she doesn't really have much of a career at the moment?

I wonder if she'll except a series on one if these streaming services now to try and jump start her acting career again? It must be hell to go from being an it girl and being that cats meow, to being yesterdays news in Hollywood. Especially being a white woman. That must hurt like hell.

This is why you have to stay focused to make the mist if your moment and make as much money as possible while you can. It's really hard to recapture that once you lose it. She needed a Kris Jenner type business manager to help her keep things moving forward for her.

by Anonymousreply 56June 26, 2021 1:26 AM

I noticed that she is really bottom heavy in her recent photos.

How does she survive with no real income?

by Anonymousreply 57June 26, 2021 2:25 AM

R57 People like her always seem to have access to money some how.

by Anonymousreply 58June 26, 2021 3:16 AM

I can't believe you don't remember what really what went down on the OC

The show became a big hit. These little nobodies thought they we the toast of Hollywood and were going to have gigantic film careers. They all wanted to immediately quit the show, but still had contracts to fulfill.

Then they all became a bunch of angry, resentful little cunts. They actually used to complain all the time, "this show is going to ruin my film career". Misha hung out with pure trash. greasy bear davis and paris hilton. And she had SUCH A SHITTY, SHITTY ATTITUDE. The entire crew hated her and she fucked over the tv show by announcing to the entire world that her character was getting killed off

She was a D list actress and thought she was going to become A list

by Anonymousreply 59June 26, 2021 4:09 AM

R4 was your friend straight? Cause Bilson is a babe but a total zero talent airhead, so she has unearned appeal with straight guys

by Anonymousreply 60June 26, 2021 6:33 AM

I donโ€™t see her getting cast on any kind of series the way she looks now. She is scary. Itโ€™s uncomfortable to look at her.

by Anonymousreply 61June 26, 2021 10:32 AM

It never really works out when actors leave a hit television series to go to the movies. Shelly Long anyone? If you're on a hit show, it's best to stick with the show and just do movies when the show goes on hiatus during the summer and build up your movies credits over the years and when the show ends, you'll be ready for movie Stardom hopefully.

Otherwise, you're just being stupid and incompetent about your career and fucking up what could be waiting for you in the future. I'd stay and bank the money from television first.

by Anonymousreply 62June 27, 2021 8:07 AM

Remember when a female DLer posted about her threesome with Mischa and Greasy? Those were the days...

by Anonymousreply 63June 27, 2021 11:22 AM

The OC was supposed to just be about the boys fucking each other, but they didn't have the balls.

by Anonymousreply 64June 27, 2021 11:49 AM

R60 unearned appeal? She's good at doing comedy and stuck to CW shows lol

R64 what the fuck are you talking about??

by Anonymousreply 65June 27, 2021 12:08 PM

R65 If you don't know, there's no point in explaining.

by Anonymousreply 66June 27, 2021 5:06 PM

She clipped my car and took off my rear view mirror coming down the canyons in the wrong lane. I was swerving to avoid hitting her head on. She was def drugged up. She was nice enough and exchanged info.

by Anonymousreply 67June 27, 2021 5:11 PM

The meth thing makes total sense for how crazy Britney, Lindsay, and this one went, and they're all of the same party era and area. It could have just been coke cut with meth, you like the taste a little, and when your coke money runs out, you substitute.

by Anonymousreply 68June 28, 2021 1:55 AM

This has a look of food and heroin, honestly. She looks like an overweight heroin addict. I believe she was on meth before.

by Anonymousreply 69June 28, 2021 2:35 AM

I think this is just what happens when you do a lot of very thinning drugs like coke and then go off them - weโ€™ve seen this before. Sheโ€™s only 35 - itโ€™s not like sheโ€™s at or anywhere near menopause age / she should otherwise have a great body (plus sheโ€™s looked like this for a while - when she was still on her 20s in fact).

Sheโ€™s also like Kiera Knightley in that sheโ€™s bottom heavy (rare for a tall person) so she always felt she had to compensate - thus her top half always looking this side of emaciated.

by Anonymousreply 70June 28, 2021 2:38 AM

r70, yes, I would add Rose Byrne and Guiliana Rancic to those body types. Rose gets side saddles, and Guilana looks surprisingly healthy from the waist down- she does have a great set of gams.

Mischa was also very resentful of her mother for reaping the rewards of her work (she paid for that BH house), so maybe was subconsciously rebelling by throwing it all away.

by Anonymousreply 71June 28, 2021 12:08 PM

Itโ€™s hard to have sympathy for this one.

by Anonymousreply 72June 28, 2021 12:41 PM

Any recent photos? OP's link expired

by Anonymousreply 73June 28, 2021 3:37 PM

The one time Vivian Vance should have been an option and she wasn't. For shame, OP.

by Anonymousreply 74June 28, 2021 3:43 PM

R71, agree. Also, I've watched stage moms count their daughter's calories (in dance) and frown food out of their hands. Their bodies are a war zone. Getting fat can be a fuck you to mom.

by Anonymousreply 75June 28, 2021 5:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!