Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Carl Nassib is a Registered Republican

He came out as GAY, not any other letter, but he's a Trumper.

I don't see how anyone can be happy about this except the Log Cabin Nazis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 601July 31, 2021 9:29 PM

I was a registered Republican when I came out at 21, OP.

It took the coming out process - and subsequent exposure to the realities of American politics - for me to switch parties. How about we treat this guy with even a tiny shred of grace and see how his life evolves as an openly gay man?

And if he remains a Republican, that's his choice. There are gay Republicans, after all, and if they're out and proud, they also contribute to the cause of visibility and diversity in the gay community.

So in other words, shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 1June 22, 2021 1:19 PM

[quote]they also contribute to the cause of visibility and diversity in the gay community.

Visibility of self-hatred and anti-gay rights.

by Anonymousreply 2June 22, 2021 1:20 PM

Not all Republicans are Trumpists OP

by Anonymousreply 3June 22, 2021 1:21 PM

YES, they are.

They ALL vote together, just like Kinzinger.

by Anonymousreply 4June 22, 2021 1:22 PM

Per the other thread - how did that guy lookup Carl’s NV registration without his SSN or driver’s license? Is that true? Can you look it up without those?

by Anonymousreply 5June 22, 2021 1:26 PM

Maybe he needs a guide like Colton, so he can be indoctrinated into all the superficial woke groupthink we take for granted…

by Anonymousreply 6June 22, 2021 1:28 PM

R5 is TheMinorityGay on Twitter.

That pic isn't you, BTW.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 22, 2021 1:29 PM

Stalkerish behavior.

by Anonymousreply 8June 22, 2021 1:32 PM

Carl Nassib demonstrates MAGA behavior.

by Anonymousreply 9June 22, 2021 1:34 PM

A lot of people vote like their parents until they learn differently. Let's hope his eyes will be opened.

by Anonymousreply 10June 22, 2021 1:37 PM

The Republican party of 2021 is nothing like the Republican party of ten years ago. A majority of Republicans now approve of same-sex marriage. Far more Republican families, like Carl Nassib's, know they have a family member who is gay and are turning away from the anti-gay positions and rhetoric. And for those who haven't altered their opinions, maybe Nassib will begin a process for them to do so.

by Anonymousreply 11June 22, 2021 1:39 PM

Wait. I’m confused. Are you - r7 - saying I’M the MinorityGay Twitter guy? I thought that was the guy saying he found the registration in NV. I thought I read that in the other thread. Need more coffee I guess.

I’m not that guy btw. And agree that’s not his pic…🤣

by Anonymousreply 12June 22, 2021 1:40 PM

R11 At least the insurrectionists are less homophobic. I can sleep better at night knowing that! LOL

by Anonymousreply 13June 22, 2021 1:44 PM

[quote]The Republican party of 2021 is nothing like the Republican party of ten years ago. A majority of Republicans now approve of same-sex marriage. Far more Republican families, like Carl Nassib's, know they have a family member who is gay and are turning away from the anti-gay positions and rhetoric. And for those who haven't altered their opinions, maybe Nassib will begin a process for them to do so.

I'm going to be generous and just assume you were in a coma for the past five years.

by Anonymousreply 14June 22, 2021 1:54 PM

R11 is a Log Cabin Republican, aka, self-hater.

by Anonymousreply 15June 22, 2021 2:03 PM

No, r14, it's precisely because I've been paying attention the past 5 years that I can confidently state that the Republicans after Trump are nothing like the Republicans before Trump. He was a big fuck you to the Republican elite that has permanently altered the party. The future of the Republican party is no longer Mike Pence but Ron DeSantis. Unless the Democrats realize this and act accordingly, they will lose big-time in 2022 and '24 fighting an enemy that is already on life support.

by Anonymousreply 16June 22, 2021 2:05 PM

I know 2021 Repigs ain't like Mama's Repigs, but can you bitches let us have 24-48 hours before you break out the fucking purity tests?

by Anonymousreply 17June 22, 2021 2:08 PM

Tens of thousands of non-Trumpist Republicans have left the party in the past six months.

Many more are just too lazy to do so or hope the party will revert to the way it once was back in the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 18June 22, 2021 2:08 PM

[quote]I'm going to be generous and just assume you were in a coma for the past five years.

I'm going to be less generous and assume r11's coma continues to this very second.

by Anonymousreply 19June 22, 2021 2:09 PM

My ex was a registered Republican because he felt it gave him cover….don’t ask why….i couldn’t figure out the logic on that either..but nevertheless that’s what he thought……..so be it……

by Anonymousreply 20June 22, 2021 2:12 PM

So much hate from so called liberals on this thread. Amazing.

by Anonymousreply 21June 22, 2021 2:15 PM

And there goes the Trumper at R21...

by Anonymousreply 22June 22, 2021 2:16 PM

Be nice r22! People like r21 need to post on this site otherwise they couldn’t be victims and their lives would have no value left.

by Anonymousreply 23June 22, 2021 2:19 PM

And there goes the pro BLM, anti-Semite, homophobe at R22.

by Anonymousreply 24June 22, 2021 2:20 PM

This is R15's idea of being "pro gay".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 22, 2021 2:23 PM

This is the problem with you Repubqunts, you think it's true if YOU feel like it is. YOUR beliefs don't matter, it's the actions of your congresscreatures. And they all support Trump.

From Wiki: In 2020, the Republican Party decided not to write a platform for that presidential election cycle,[113] instead simply expressing its support for Donald Trump's agenda[114] and criticizing "the media" for biased reporting.[115] This was cited by critics as an example of how the Republican Party "became a cult of personality".[116][117]

Any decent person would leave the party and be an Independent at least.

r21- All snowflakes are white.

by Anonymousreply 26June 22, 2021 2:24 PM

I always felt gay Republicans were a strange bunch, but in recent years based on what the Republican Party has become a gay person has to have a serious defect to still remain one.

by Anonymousreply 27June 22, 2021 2:25 PM

[quote] The Republican party of 2021 is nothing like the Republican party of ten years ago. A majority of Republicans now approve of same-sex marriage. Far more Republican families, like Carl Nassib's, know they have a family member who is gay and are turning away from the anti-gay positions and rhetoric. And for those who haven't altered their opinions, maybe Nassib will begin a process for them to do so.

In 2016 Log Cabin Republicans proclaimed:

Log Cabin Republicans: GOP Platform the 'Most Anti-LGBT' in Party's History

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 22, 2021 2:27 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 22, 2021 2:28 PM

Of course.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 22, 2021 2:30 PM

President Trump misses Pride Month for third time He did not, however, skip proclaiming June “National Homeownership Month” and “Great Outdoors Month.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 22, 2021 2:30 PM

I read the posts on DL. Let's be honest, many of you come from questionable origins and from red states and the only reason you're not republican is because they don't want you. If they dropped the anti-gay parts of their platform, there would be a mass exodus of white gay men from the democratic party to the republican party and you all know it. At least some of you have stopped pretending otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 32June 22, 2021 2:33 PM

This is what I wrote in the other thread about Carl.

He could very well be a Trumper but that's not going to stop me from saying that tweet is likely fake. Why would the first column in a supposed official list of voters be for first names? The name column would have the last name in the first column, not the first.

by Anonymousreply 33June 22, 2021 2:33 PM

Threads like this are catnip to gay republicans who use them to whine about democrats not accepting them when all they do is vote for politicians who try to deny us our rights.

by Anonymousreply 34June 22, 2021 2:34 PM

Political bigotry is still bigotry, folks.

by Anonymousreply 35June 22, 2021 2:34 PM

[quote] Right, [R28], the Dems are much more welcoming to gay men.

School board elections are non partisan races.

A school board is not a party platform. It’s not the Democratic Party’s policy agenda. Neither is Joy Reid, nor any other individual that you may cherry pick. We’re talking about historically anti gay policies supported by Republicans. Many may claim to support gay rights or be indifferent. However, they continue to support their parties antigay policies.

by Anonymousreply 36June 22, 2021 2:37 PM

R29 is right. Dems will throw gays under the bus at the drop of a hat in favor of BLM or the PLO.

by Anonymousreply 37June 22, 2021 2:41 PM

[quote] Dems will throw gays under the bus at the drop of a hat in favor of BLM or the PLO.

Sure. So I should join up with the Republicans, right?

by Anonymousreply 38June 22, 2021 2:46 PM

[quote] Political bigotry is still bigotry, folks.

You’re labeling the denouncement of the anti gay Republican policy agenda and the Republicans who support it as “political bigotry” and attempting to make everyone else the problem. Typical right wing bullshit. We have a right to oppress you. If you challenge us; you’re the bigot. Who doesn’t see through that?

by Anonymousreply 39June 22, 2021 2:47 PM

[quote] [R29] is right. Dems will throw gays under the bus at the drop of a hat in favor of BLM or the PLO.

BLM was founded by members of the LGBTQ community. The organization is very pro gay rights. And your PLO comment is just ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 40June 22, 2021 2:50 PM

Many of you seem to be forgetting the massive shift the GOP is undergoing and the previous existence of the "Rockefeller wing" of socially liberal, fiscally conservative Republicans who mostly represented states in the Northeast.

Granted, their heyday seems to have been the 1970s, but the full shift to being the party of bigoted working-class whites has really only gone into overdrive since Trump, as witnessed by how the upscale suburbs have almost all turned blue--not just in presidential elections, but in who runs the various towns and counties.

Link to a great piece in Politico on how that shift is playing out in Oakland County, Michigan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 22, 2021 2:53 PM

"My ex was a registered Republican because he felt iet gave him cover….don’t ask why….i couldn’t figure out the logic on that either..but nevertheless that’s what he thought……..so be it…"

A couple I know moved from NYC to TX. when folks in their church found out they were registered Dems, they asked "is your son gay"?

by Anonymousreply 42June 22, 2021 2:53 PM

A lot of gays will be voting Republican in 2024. The left is off the rails. It has become overly devoted to over correcting wrongs done to —well, no one born in this century— and is allowing diversity to trump unity. Fake news racism has been replaced with real racism toward white people.

by Anonymousreply 43June 22, 2021 2:54 PM

There is no good reason to vote Republican. Gay, straight, black, white, male, female. Whoever you are, voting Republican is an error in judgement. There is no actual real world problem that any Republican is interested in solving. All are simply whores for the rich and nothing else. Everything else is just whipping up hysteria to ensure that they can keep loyally serving the rich while getting morons to vote for them.

That said, Carl Nassib did a brave thing, and a good thing, in coming out. He's making a difference in a way that matters more than his silly politics, which hopefully he'll get over.

by Anonymousreply 44June 22, 2021 2:57 PM

[quote] A lot of gays will be voting Republican in 2024.

You posted the same thing a year ago. You were wrong then, and you are wrong now.

by Anonymousreply 45June 22, 2021 2:58 PM

[quote] The organization is very pro gay rights.

BLM?!? That was meant as a joke, right, R40?

by Anonymousreply 46June 22, 2021 2:58 PM

[quote] BLM?!? That was meant as a joke, right, [R40]?

From the start, Black Lives Matter has been about LGBTQ lives Two of three Black Lives Matter founders identify as queer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47June 22, 2021 3:01 PM

[quote] A lot of gays will be voting Republican in 2024. The left is off the rails. It has become overly devoted to over correcting wrongs done to —well, no one born in this century— and is allowing diversity to trump unity. Fake news racism has been replaced with real racism toward white people.

To which wrongs and specifically which Democratic policies are you referring?

by Anonymousreply 48June 22, 2021 3:03 PM

[quote] identify as queer

So, not pro-gay.

by Anonymousreply 49June 22, 2021 3:03 PM

YourMillennialCunt is the Republican defender in here claiming they are all good guys now.

Why doesn't he sign his posts anymore?

by Anonymousreply 50June 22, 2021 3:04 PM

All Black Lives Matter march calls for LGBTQ rights and racial justice

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51June 22, 2021 3:05 PM

Give the kid a break, for now.

Don't look to athletes for political opinions, especially the ones that make living banging their heads together.

We forget that many people, even smart ones, don't really pay attention to what's going on. For them being Republican is an identity like "Cubs Fans", and they don't think about it much. Basically there are 3 types of Reps; ignorant, greedy, racist. He's ignorant, I hope.

Feel the Christian love, r21?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52June 22, 2021 3:11 PM

Sick Deplorable Apologist at R52.

"They don't know what they're doing!"

by Anonymousreply 53June 22, 2021 3:14 PM

You vote for the party who meets your needs…….if Democrats tried to disenfranchise me by restricting my voting rights or overturning Gay marriage or eliminating workplace protections…..I wouldn’t vote Democratic….don’t vote for a party who is working against you …go by what they do…not what they say…..works for me

by Anonymousreply 54June 22, 2021 3:16 PM

I hope you're wrong r50. I rather liked YMF, even though I disagreed with him on things. I hope he's not some Trumpista these days.

by Anonymousreply 55June 22, 2021 3:17 PM

[quote] Give the kid a break, for now.

“Kid”

He’s a 28 yr old man. Because he’s a white male. He’s referred to as a golly gee simple minded “kid” who just doesn’t know any better and somehow deserves a “break.” A break that none of you would ever extend to anyone who was not a white male. You demonize black people and constantly complain about “black homophobia.” Then you give a pass to the homophobia and the white males who actually impact your lives. And mind you in the first thread; you were commenting on how smart he is.

by Anonymousreply 56June 22, 2021 3:22 PM

Are people hoping to destroy this guy? They did with poor Michael Sam.

by Anonymousreply 57June 22, 2021 3:25 PM

Use Ignore-dar, R55.

That is absolutely YourMillennialCunt that you worship.

by Anonymousreply 58June 22, 2021 3:25 PM

"Give the kid a break."

And he's 28?

In 1984, I was 19 and did not vote for anti-gay Reagan while living in the middle of Texas.

In 1988, I was 23 and did not vote for war-mongering GHWB.

In 1992, I was 27 and proudly voted for Bill Clinton over evil war-mongering GHWB.

But I guess Carl needs a break since he's only 28 and confused or something.

by Anonymousreply 59June 22, 2021 3:28 PM

DLers sniffing YMF's crack has always baffled me. He doesn't like gay men. How much more proof do you need?

by Anonymousreply 60June 22, 2021 3:29 PM

I guess everyone's coming-out process is different, r59. I'm surprised you didn't realize that at your age.

by Anonymousreply 61June 22, 2021 3:30 PM

R3, in essence true but looking at how the party has behaved the past four years, the years this football link would have viewed, the GOP has only been the party of trump

by Anonymousreply 62June 22, 2021 3:32 PM

McCarthyism.

by Anonymousreply 63June 22, 2021 3:33 PM

[quote]Yes

Then maybe gays should reconsider coming out because the online world…the gay online world… seems to be out for blood. It’s sad but maybe reconsider.

by Anonymousreply 65June 22, 2021 3:38 PM

R60: It was always obvious that he was a straight man between the ages of 45-50, so not gay and not millennial. He also claimed to live in Manhattan but anyone could see he meant Manhattan, KS, not the real thing. Probably one of the most elaborate trolls on here but the bitch couldn't help himself with his idiocy.

R49: It shouldn't surprise me at this point, but it continually does how one man's coming out is immediately used to promote bigotry by sub-human trash such as yourself.

by Anonymousreply 66June 22, 2021 3:45 PM

Really R37 ? Because black people think it’s the other way around. Everything eventually revolves back to Trans in terms of activism and we’re caught in the middle because LGB are tied to trans unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 67June 22, 2021 3:46 PM

R6: Yeah, fuck that woke shit that treats gays like human beings. Beat them, rape them, kill those fags!! At least I'm not "woke" and doing "groupthink". You pathetic troll.

by Anonymousreply 68June 22, 2021 3:48 PM

R42: In Texas you don’t register a party affiliation. You can vote in whatever part’s primary election you want. Of course, you can only vote in that same party’s primary runoff. And equally obvious, you can vote for whomever you want in the general election. I have always voted democratic in general elections. But I frequently vote in the Republican primary to try to keep the more rabid assholes from being nominated (e.g. Ken Paxton, Greg Abbott, Dan Patrick).

by Anonymousreply 69June 22, 2021 5:40 PM

So he's a top?

by Anonymousreply 70June 22, 2021 6:16 PM

A most useful thread for troll blocking.

by Anonymousreply 71June 22, 2021 6:50 PM

The republican party has been repugnant since the civil rights movement which they did not support. It got worse as they continue to suck up to racist evangelicals. It got worse when they were sucking up to the gun lobby. They got worse when they denied gay rights. The republican party has been creating Trumpism since at least Reagan.

As long as the Republican hierarchy can convince their flock that they stand for less government and fiscal responsibility which is bullshit, the GOP will never die.

by Anonymousreply 72June 22, 2021 6:58 PM

Now that he’s out he’ll stop being a Republican. It was likely something he needed to be to survive the closet.

by Anonymousreply 73June 22, 2021 6:58 PM

Simple OP, I can be happy because it annoy and piss off his fellow Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 74June 22, 2021 7:12 PM

To the idiots defending him, there are photos of him hugging friends with Dump shirts on and there are also screenshots of him “liking” Dump stuff on social media.

He’s a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 75June 22, 2021 7:14 PM

[quote]Now that he’s out he’ll stop being a Republican. It was likely something he needed to be to survive the closet.

Says who?!

by Anonymousreply 76June 22, 2021 7:15 PM

Not the hero and representative we were looking for. The search continues.

by Anonymousreply 77June 22, 2021 7:17 PM

[quote]He’s a piece of shit.

People said the same thing about Michael Sam and he wasn’t Republican. I’m second thoughts about people in the media coming out—people online are terrible. Gay people online. Stay in the closet. Don’t bother. Just donate to gay charities or something.

by Anonymousreply 78June 22, 2021 7:19 PM

*having

by Anonymousreply 79June 22, 2021 7:19 PM

R78 Nobody said that, dummy. They said MS was over the top with his PDA. Stop trying to change the subject. Carl is a MAGA self-hating piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 80June 22, 2021 7:23 PM

Oh fuck off. Damn you’re a sociopath^

by Anonymousreply 81June 22, 2021 7:24 PM

Who the fuck is Carl Nassib and why should we care?

by Anonymousreply 82June 22, 2021 7:25 PM

He's the first actual current NFL player to come out r82. It's something. It may not be everything. His politics may be stupid. But it is something. It's a good thing actually.

I will say the stench of puritanism is wafting over this thread. The idea that only the truly and completely good and pure can do anything heroic reeks of puritan bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 83June 22, 2021 7:35 PM

Even if you don't buy the Nevada registration from 2020, you can't doubt the Florida registration from 2019. You just need a name and birthdate to access the records. (See attached)

Trump had been in office for over 2 years by that point and DeSantis had been elected Governor the year before. So, regardless of what the Republican apologists claim, Nassib wasn't registering as a member of some Grand Old Party. He was registering as a member of the present day Trump-worshiping, white supremacist MAGA party.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84June 22, 2021 7:49 PM

I am struggling to care about a current NFL player coming out of the closet.

Got no energy left to care that he is a MAGA piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 85June 22, 2021 7:51 PM

i knew this will happen.

People talking for years about no player having the guts to come out.

One player has the guts to come out and inmediately half of the community feel the need to trash him for something that maybe it's not even true.

Fantastic, i'm pretty sure gay athletes taking note and give the community exactly what they deserve, absolutely nothing

by Anonymousreply 86June 22, 2021 7:57 PM

There is only one anti - Democratic party and that's the GQP

by Anonymousreply 87June 22, 2021 8:00 PM

R20: was your ex an architect?

by Anonymousreply 88June 22, 2021 8:09 PM

"One player has the guts to come out and inmediately half of the community feel the need to trash him for something that maybe it's not even true."

If you can't take the heat, get the fuck out of the god damned kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 89June 22, 2021 8:13 PM

More receipts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90June 22, 2021 8:27 PM

[quote] Even if you don't buy the Nevada registration from 2020, you can't doubt the Florida registration from 2019.

Also, Florida doesn't require you to declare a party affiliation. So if he was a disgruntled Republican or "never Trumper," he could have registered as independent. But he didn't. He chose in 2019 to identify with the Republican Party.

[quote] It took the coming out process - and subsequent exposure to the realities of American politics - for me to switch parties.

That was then. It's a different world today. For 4 years, Trump and his GOP ass-kissers were everywhere -- on social media, on the TV news. EVERYTHING was about Trump. Everything was about politics. It was inescapable. Anyone who didn't have a pretty good idea what Trump and the GOP were all about by 2019 had to be living under a rock. Anyone in their mid 20s registering as a Republican in 2019 knew exactly what they were doing.

I'm not saying we should crucify him. It's still great that he came out and is donating money to the Trevor Project. And maybe his political views are changing or will change. But I have to laugh at all of the rationalizing by DataLoungers who, just because they think he's hot, claim that "Just because he's a registered Republican doesn't mean he's actually a Republican."

by Anonymousreply 91June 22, 2021 8:51 PM

R56 how is an Arab a “white male” exactly?

by Anonymousreply 92June 22, 2021 8:53 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93June 22, 2021 8:53 PM

Don't forget that all of the Colin Kaepernick kneeling controversy happened WHILE Trump was in office AND while CN was in the NFL.

He's not some newbie who's never been around. He was in the NFL when the Trumpers were making the kneeling thing a Right Wing talking point.

The Apologists here are sickening.

by Anonymousreply 94June 22, 2021 8:56 PM

Ok. I accept that he’s a Trumper now. Too bad - I was happy that an attractive and successful jock didn’t want to stay in the closet.

I get that very wealthy people vote in their own interests-financially speaking. I can’t accept that anyone in their right mind would vote for the 🍊man. I find him too repugnant to justify anyone supporting him. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 95June 22, 2021 8:59 PM

there are three reasons to be a rethug: greed, bigotry and stupidity maybe he's only two of three

by Anonymousreply 96June 22, 2021 9:02 PM

He's MAGA Republican - the worst kind.

by Anonymousreply 97June 22, 2021 9:03 PM

There's definitely something like greed at play. He's giving seminars to other professional players on how to "maximize their money." How to invest and "double it" (there was some controversy in him saying they could get 10 percent returns.) I'm not saying they shouldn't be responsible with their money, but trying to wring out every last penny in our capitalistic society when they already make more money than just about everyone ever will, is a very bad look.

by Anonymousreply 98June 22, 2021 9:10 PM

$$ = MAGAt.

by Anonymousreply 99June 22, 2021 9:11 PM

[quote] In 2016 Log Cabin Republicans proclaimed: GOP Platform the 'Most Anti-LGBT' in Party's History

In 2020, the Log Cabins endorsed Trump. The GOP Platform did not change one iota

by Anonymousreply 100June 22, 2021 9:13 PM

Oh fuck off, OP.

You're a bitter old cunt who has to find a reason to tear everyone down.

by Anonymousreply 101June 22, 2021 9:15 PM

[quote] One player has the guts to come out and inmediately half of the community feel the need to trash him for something that maybe it's not even true.

He's a registered Republican and hangs around with MAGA types. Those we KNOW are true.

by Anonymousreply 102June 22, 2021 9:15 PM

$$ = MAGAt.

sometimes, but ......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103June 22, 2021 9:16 PM

I'm sure he eats at Chik-Fil-A

by Anonymousreply 104June 22, 2021 9:16 PM

So? How is this news?

by Anonymousreply 106June 22, 2021 9:23 PM

Is Nassib a Middle Eastern name? What's his ethnicity? Will his family conduct an honor killing?

by Anonymousreply 107June 22, 2021 9:26 PM

If he registered as Republican in 2019, he DEFINITELY voted for Trump

by Anonymousreply 108June 22, 2021 9:26 PM

lebanese christian, try to keep up , rose

by Anonymousreply 109June 22, 2021 9:27 PM

R108 that’s not 100% true

by Anonymousreply 110June 22, 2021 9:27 PM

R110--it's at least 95% true. By 2019, the GOP was completely Trump's party.

by Anonymousreply 111June 22, 2021 9:29 PM

I wish I could see how many individual posters there are in each thread - I find it hard to believe that there are so many insane people on this website. This has got to be just a few crazies talking to each other/themselves, right?

by Anonymousreply 112June 22, 2021 9:32 PM

Is that so wrong?

by Anonymousreply 113June 22, 2021 9:37 PM

gay men are the weakest link, if a guys hawt all is forgiven.

by Anonymousreply 114June 22, 2021 9:38 PM

Does it really matter if the cock deeply inside of you is attached to a registered Republican or Democrat?

by Anonymousreply 115June 22, 2021 9:43 PM

Yup, R114. We have DLers who call Aaron Schock 'an inspiration'.

by Anonymousreply 116June 22, 2021 9:44 PM

R116 = idiot who takes the response at R113 as Gospel.

by Anonymousreply 117June 22, 2021 9:46 PM

So all those so outraged, should he have stayed in the closet?

by Anonymousreply 118June 22, 2021 9:52 PM

Hell, yes.

He's encouraging young gays to come out as MAGAts.

by Anonymousreply 119June 22, 2021 9:56 PM

Wow R119. Just wow.

by Anonymousreply 120June 22, 2021 10:07 PM

What does that mean, Log Cabin Trumper at R120?

by Anonymousreply 121June 22, 2021 10:08 PM

First off, stop liking your own posts R121.

I’m not explaining why R119 is an idiot. R119 is probably your post too, but I don’t care enough to check.

by Anonymousreply 122June 22, 2021 10:12 PM

Frau at R121, if Matthew Shepard had been a Young Republican would you say he deserved to die?

God, I fucking hate stupid people like you.

by Anonymousreply 123June 22, 2021 10:15 PM

I wouldn't have cared if he died as a MAGAt, since supporting MAGAts is what gets real gay people killed.

But you knew that, "Live Laugh Love" Frau at R123.

by Anonymousreply 124June 22, 2021 10:20 PM

The Trumper thing is a complete turn off. Nothing uglier than a Trumper.

by Anonymousreply 125June 22, 2021 10:24 PM

Yes, he’s suddenly so ugly to me.

I know he’s been bashed in the head a few times but that’s no excuse to be a Gay Trumpite.

He disgusts me now

by Anonymousreply 126June 22, 2021 10:30 PM

Has he replaced Adam K as the official DL Republican boyfriend. Total dick wilter..

by Anonymousreply 127June 22, 2021 10:34 PM

I don’t ask to see a guy's voter registration card before I take him to bed.

by Anonymousreply 128June 22, 2021 10:37 PM

R128, I’m sure he’s busy starting conversion therapy

by Anonymousreply 129June 22, 2021 10:40 PM

R5

Yes, voter registration websites offer a shocking amount of personal data. Thanks government!

by Anonymousreply 130June 22, 2021 10:44 PM

R1

Oh no! He didn't get the memo that we must all conform. Diversity everywhere... except in thought.

On the other hand, you have a new reason to be outraged and upset so good news for you!

by Anonymousreply 131June 22, 2021 10:47 PM

There are parts of the country where the R nomination is tantamount to election.

by Anonymousreply 132June 22, 2021 10:48 PM

Funny how so many DLers are jumping through hoops—“Just because he registered Republican doesn’t mean he voted for Trump!” “Just because his friends are Magats doesn’t mean he is!” “Some just vote for whomever their parents tell them too!”

by Anonymousreply 133June 22, 2021 10:53 PM

R131, I don’t like and approve of him just as I don’t Caitlyn.

Both a Republican pieces of shit, although that’s redundant

by Anonymousreply 134June 22, 2021 10:53 PM

R134 So boring. You are so predictable and boring.

by Anonymousreply 135June 22, 2021 10:55 PM

All men named Carl or Karl are Republican. It's a hillbilly name, like Doyle or Otis.

by Anonymousreply 136June 22, 2021 10:59 PM

R135, yes the truth sure sucks

by Anonymousreply 137June 22, 2021 11:02 PM

It’s not the Republican thing. It’s the Trumper thing although today you could argue those are synonymous.

by Anonymousreply 138June 22, 2021 11:03 PM

[Quote] Oh no! He didn't get the memo that we must all conform. Diversity everywhere... except in thought.

Hmmm, so “Gays should be blocked from equal rights” is just diversity of thought.

How quaint

by Anonymousreply 139June 22, 2021 11:04 PM

R123 he was actually killed by Republicans

by Anonymousreply 140June 22, 2021 11:05 PM

We can forgive him because he's hot, like Kinzinger.

Besides, half of the gays on here are probably closeted Repugs.

by Anonymousreply 141June 22, 2021 11:09 PM

He's 28. He should know better. Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 142June 22, 2021 11:10 PM

R141, I don’t forgive Kinzinger. He’s vocally against gay marriage. Even now

by Anonymousreply 143June 22, 2021 11:11 PM

He's a Republican MAGA idiot at 28 and is not even attractive. Why are people on DL supporting him again?!

by Anonymousreply 144June 22, 2021 11:16 PM

R144 Initially we thought it was a nice coming out story but upon further inspection, many of us are over him. The rest are just desperate to be validated by his masc-ness.

by Anonymousreply 145June 22, 2021 11:34 PM

R145, agreed. And honestly--if this was a black guy, I can only imagine the kind of things DL would say about him.

by Anonymousreply 146June 22, 2021 11:35 PM

[Quote] Oh no! He didn't get the memo that we must all conform. Diversity everywhere... except in thought.

Like Nazis, who just had diversity of thought…

by Anonymousreply 147June 22, 2021 11:46 PM

[Quote] And honestly--if this was a black guy, I can only imagine the kind of things DL would say about him.

I’d be the first to shit on a Black Republican

by Anonymousreply 148June 22, 2021 11:47 PM

Of course he’s a MAGAt piece of shit. In a way, only someone who’s convinced he’s an acceptable gay would feel compelled to come out. He probably insists just because he’s gay doesn’t mean he’s a fag.

by Anonymousreply 149June 23, 2021 12:12 AM

So, OP, are you going to take the bridge?

We'd all be better off if you did.

by Anonymousreply 150June 23, 2021 12:16 AM

[quote] All men named Carl or Karl are Republican. It's a hillbilly name, like Doyle or Otis.

Yes, just ask Carl Sagan or Karl Lagerfeld. YUUUUUGE Bible-thumping Trumpers they.

Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 151June 23, 2021 12:19 AM

Actually, Karl Lagerfeld held rightwing views even if he wasn’t particularly political.

by Anonymousreply 152June 23, 2021 12:21 AM

[quote] I’d be the first to shit on a Black Republican

You bitches are ridiculous. Besides, I know R148 would much rather have a Black Republican shit on him, literally.

by Anonymousreply 153June 23, 2021 12:25 AM

The comments on his Instagram, show just how much his fellow Republicans love and respect him.

by Anonymousreply 154June 23, 2021 12:34 AM

After college, I lived in DC for a few years. The first thing I learned was that a lot of the republican congressional staffers are gay gay gay. It's like the choir director at a black church. Everyone knows, but no one discusses it. And then one day the queeniest queen who ever queened shows up with a girlfriend/fiancé and no one bats an eyelash and no one talks about the big gaping hole in the middle of the room. It's a weird world and that is why I am not shocked that people like Carl Nassib and Colton Underwood are republicans. That party is filled up with them, but very few of them actually come out. Here a little tip, the best place to get dick in DC is not Grindr but the Republican Congressional Staffer Listserv.

by Anonymousreply 155June 23, 2021 12:52 AM

MAGAT usually = NO $ gullible trash pawn who thinks they can get rich whenever they feel like it.

by Anonymousreply 156June 23, 2021 1:00 AM

If he is a Republican Trumpster, he's currently getting no love on conservative discussion sites. They know nothing about his alleged voting record, so now the most charitable thing they say is that he should shut up and keep his sex life to himself.

Others discuss where he'll spend eternity, typically like this-

[quote] Carl, have a good life because your death won't be so great.

It will be interesting to see what they do with the Republican voting record information if true, but that info will have to be published in some news article for them to absorb it. Random twitter posts and pictures about his possible MAGA tendencies are not enough.

So: currently hated by the right, and kind of hated by the left. You're welcome, Carl.

by Anonymousreply 157June 23, 2021 1:12 AM

I want him to speak publicly about his voting record and whether or not he will still be voting Republican.

by Anonymousreply 158June 23, 2021 2:00 AM

Who cares! Why are Dems so hateful?

by Anonymousreply 159June 23, 2021 2:05 AM

[quote] I want him to speak publicly about his voting record and whether or not he will still be voting Republican

Damn straight. Then he needs to drop trou and confirm if he is cut and if his hole is rosy. I’m tired of the speculation!!

by Anonymousreply 160June 23, 2021 2:20 AM

So the Republican attitude is 'ho-hum,' and the Democratic response is 'burn the fucking Trumpster!' ;

by Anonymousreply 161June 23, 2021 2:21 AM

A homosexual Republican is like a homosexual Catholic or Mormon. Pure self-hate.

by Anonymousreply 162June 23, 2021 2:21 AM

The Republics attitude is not ho-hum, at least on the conservative sites I've read. It's more "shut the fuck up you perverted homo" or "when will someone congratulate me about my straight-ness?"

by Anonymousreply 163June 23, 2021 2:26 AM

r144 We get it dude, you hate him now go to reddit or twitter and post about it. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 164June 23, 2021 2:30 AM

[quote]He came out as GAY, not any other letter,

OP - what does that mean exactly? Not any other letter?

by Anonymousreply 165June 23, 2021 2:33 AM

Ever since I found out he was a Trumper, I’ve stopped giving a shit about him and his coming out.

The $100k he gave to the Trevor Project was pure PR

by Anonymousreply 166June 23, 2021 2:36 AM

The 17th letter of the alphabet, I'm guessing.

by Anonymousreply 167June 23, 2021 2:36 AM

I'm OK with this. My parents and brother vote right-wing and I still get on with them. I can forge a relationship with people who have bad politics and if they wish me well. And the very fact that Nassib came out -- and came out doing what he does, with the country's eyes on him -- proves that he's committed to the good of the gay community. But most gays most likely are not going to have the maturity to keep supporting him.

by Anonymousreply 168June 23, 2021 2:37 AM

Where is the evidence that Nassib is a Trumper R166? Any links to support the allegations?

by Anonymousreply 169June 23, 2021 2:38 AM

The Republican Party does not approve of Gay marriage, gay adoption or protection in the workplace for LGBTQIA folks. Consistently voted against hate crime bills. IT is ON the GOP platform to overturn Gay Marriage and support Religious freedom (aka the right to discriminate). If you are republican and you vote republican - you support this. So fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 170June 23, 2021 2:40 AM

[Quote] And the very fact that Nassib came out -- and came out doing what he does, with the country's eyes on him -- proves that he's committed to the good of the gay community.

No it doesn’t. Caitlyn Jenner came out as trans and has only fought against gay rights

by Anonymousreply 171June 23, 2021 2:41 AM

Where’s the proof, OP?

by Anonymousreply 172June 23, 2021 2:42 AM

R169, when someone registers as a Republican in 2019 and hangs out with Magats, one can assume he’s a Trumper

by Anonymousreply 173June 23, 2021 2:43 AM

Yes we know R170 but where is the evidence of Nassib being a Trump supporter? I can't find any on Google...

by Anonymousreply 174June 23, 2021 2:43 AM

This guy hasn’t been out 24 hours and people are already digging though his social media and public records looking for something to ruin him with. This whole next generation is fucked.

by Anonymousreply 175June 23, 2021 2:45 AM

r175 And it's the gays doing it. Gay men love to ruin one another in order to be thought of as good gays by the hets. No doubt that's what motivated the shirtless hooker in the OP into his crusade.

by Anonymousreply 176June 23, 2021 2:49 AM

Assume R173???

No. Not good enough. Where is the PROOF?

by Anonymousreply 177June 23, 2021 2:52 AM

[quote] We get it dude, you hate him now go to reddit or twitter and post about it. 🙄

I get it, you're a dimwit, and that's fine.

by Anonymousreply 178June 23, 2021 2:57 AM

r176 not sure you get it. Trump, the GOP, and the Religious right consider us second-class citizens. If you support them in any way and you are gay?? well fuck you. We...are tired of fucking magat gays getting to trample our rights then come out and be celebrated, traveling the world fucking hot guys and being treated like kings all the while still voting away OUR rights. I will say it again. FUCK THEM and if you support them, fuck you.

by Anonymousreply 179June 23, 2021 3:01 AM

“Carl Nassib is a registered Republican.”

I mean, it makes him hotter. But I love straight (acting) masculine men with strong values.

by Anonymousreply 180June 23, 2021 3:04 AM

[bold]BUT WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE THAT HE IS A MAGAT GAY R179??????????????[/bold]

Receipts or STFU. End of story.

by Anonymousreply 181June 23, 2021 3:05 AM

R181, You are willfully and desperately ignoring the signs.

If you met a random guy and found out he registered Republican in 2019, hung out with a guy who waved flags at Trump rallies, and likes positive social media posts about Trump… what would you think about him?

by Anonymousreply 182June 23, 2021 3:28 AM

R180, makes me vomit

by Anonymousreply 183June 23, 2021 3:28 AM

R175, people aren’t looking specifically to “ruin” him; they are looking to find out exactly who he is. Most have never even heard of him.

I knew the $100k donation was a rather dramatic gesture. Now we know why he did it. Covering up for his being an asshole

by Anonymousreply 184June 23, 2021 3:30 AM

Good luck to Nassib. And fuck him

by Anonymousreply 185June 23, 2021 3:32 AM

When he desperately looks for advertisement deals, companies should know that his pushing a product will turn me off that product

by Anonymousreply 186June 23, 2021 3:33 AM

So does he believe that doctors should have a choice if they want to treat gays? Should gays be able to be fired because they’re gay? Should businesses we allowed to refuse businesses to gays? Should religious organizations that take tax money be able to refuse service to tax paying gays?

Because that’s what the GOP kept pushing when they were last in power.

by Anonymousreply 187June 23, 2021 3:35 AM

So funny to see closeted gays and MAGAts shriek "Leave Carly Alone!"

So, proving he's a Deplorable ruins him? Well then, STFU.

by Anonymousreply 188June 23, 2021 3:39 AM

Just goes with my theory that he was about to be outed.

by Anonymousreply 189June 23, 2021 3:40 AM

Not matter which way to try to cut it, he twice officially joined a party which explicitly and repeatedly issued a party platform denouncing gay marriage, gay adoption, defended the right of businesses and doctors to refuse service to gays, and supported gay conversion therapy.

I seriously doubt this guy is going to become the darling of the gay community. Give me Adam Rippon or Gus Kenworthy any day over this Chad.

by Anonymousreply 190June 23, 2021 3:51 AM

Uncle Carl, where's your (log) cabin?

by Anonymousreply 191June 23, 2021 4:00 AM

[quote] If you met a random guy and found out he registered Republican in 2019, hung out with a guy who waved flags at Trump rallies, and likes positive social media posts about Trump… what would you think about him?

It would depend on how hot he was.

by Anonymousreply 192June 23, 2021 4:06 AM

all white faggots are the same

by Anonymousreply 193June 23, 2021 4:09 AM

Is he of the body, or not of the body?

by Anonymousreply 194June 23, 2021 4:13 AM

Does he live in a deep red state or a deep blue state? If so, then it doesn't matter how he votes. Now if he lived in a purple state/swing state on the other hand...

by Anonymousreply 195June 23, 2021 4:13 AM

[quote] Does he live in a deep red state or a deep blue state? If so, then it doesn't matter how he votes. Now if he lived in a purple state/swing state on the other hand...

He plays for the Las Vegas Raiders, but he bought a house in West Chester, PA -- literally one of the swingiest swing counties in one of the swingiest swing states.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196June 23, 2021 4:19 AM

Still waiting for actual evidence.

by Anonymousreply 197June 23, 2021 6:35 AM

Thank you from Carl

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198June 23, 2021 6:38 AM

Never mind, I saw the screencap. The Left has really lost its damn mind. I’m liberal but this group think shit needs to end.

by Anonymousreply 199June 23, 2021 6:39 AM

R193 Arabs are not white. Yeah I know the US census defines them as white

by Anonymousreply 200June 23, 2021 8:00 AM

R196, your article states Chester County has consistently went Democratic for the past couple of elections, and is predicted to continue to do so in the future.

by Anonymousreply 201June 23, 2021 8:11 AM

Ellen is closet GOP.....So is Colton Underwood....

by Anonymousreply 202June 23, 2021 8:13 AM

Not to troll but a lot of you sound very ignorant about the fundamentals of politics. Not only is it a little silly to dislike someone because omg they might support Trump, but assuming “Republican” is a stand-in for all the ills that plague the LGBTQ community is overly simplistic too.

For one thing, more than likely he’s a Republican because his parents were and that’s just who he identifies with. That’s not super profound but believe it or not that’s how a lot of people view politics.

And to be honest I don’t know why people assume Democrats are the key to salvation for the LGBTQ community just because they’re nominally more supportive.

Democrats have shown they’re not necessarily willing to die on a hill over LGBTQ issues any more than Republicans. They pander to gays to insulate their political power the same way they do racial minorities. Which, going back to my theory about his parents, if you’re gay but already inclined to be center-right in your views, I can see why you would readily identify as a Democrat because they’re not exactly full-throated allies either.

Geography matters. Niche social issues are important, but what about all the other stuff that politicians do that have nothing to do with your sexual orientation or gender identity. Are places where there’s a Democratic stronghold necessarily better run or safer? At best you can say not necessarily, st worst you can say hell no.

Also, for many of you to hate Trump so much, it’s funny that he’s probably the least on-brand Republican President in our lifetime. Not super religious, not really into fighting culture wars, not really into legislating morality. But yet you guys hate him more than your standard issue Republican. You have to be mature that yes politicians are going to say and do things you may not like, but appreciate the wins where you can get them.

by Anonymousreply 203June 23, 2021 11:04 AM

Ok , Carolina Ghey.

by Anonymousreply 204June 23, 2021 11:08 AM

I still haven't seen even one shred of evidence posted that Nassib is a Trump supporter.

The screeching, foot stamping zealots cancelling Nassib in this thread are truly unhinged and repulsive insisting that we "just assume it's true with no proof whatsoever and read Nassib's mind". Unacceptable.

If there is evidence then post it. If not - just fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 205June 23, 2021 11:14 AM

R205 You can keep liking him. No one is stopping you. The people who find him suspicious can also choose to be over him. It’s not that big of a deal.

by Anonymousreply 206June 23, 2021 11:27 AM

Oh, look. Pollyanna Prisspot @R203 has returned, lecturing us and finger wagging, as per usual.

So typically Republican: do as I say, and not as I do.

Beat it, cunt, you're not wanted here.

Just a reminder, R203: we hate Republicans AND Trump. Trump plotted to murder his political opponents on 1/6/21, and the entire Republican Party has been complicit in protecting and defending him and preventing Trump from being held responsible for his actions.

That is why I hate Trump and Republicans, and why I hate assholes like you.

by Anonymousreply 207June 23, 2021 11:37 AM

[quote]Not all Republicans are Trumpists OP

...but ALL Republicans are Republicans. They--meaning THIS guy--supports a party that doesn’t support anything or anyone who isn’t white, male, and most importantly, heterosexual. It's REALLY that simple.

R203 I love how you’re reprimanding us for not giving a group of lying, hypocritical, racist, sexist, sociopaths the benefit of the doubt. HILARIOUS. You should do stand up

by Anonymousreply 208June 23, 2021 11:48 AM

And just like that, R206 restored my faith in humanity.

I've spent my entire adult life in the military. While most of my friends are Republicans or Libertarians, I've always refused to become one myself. I'm certainly more conservative than most Democrats, and friends always joke I should embrace being a liberal Republican. However, from the Defense of Marriage Act to demonizing Critical Race Theory, Republicans can't resist embracing some reprehensible social view that makes it hard to embrace their party.

I don't believe the Democrats are the saviors of LGBT people and sometimes I wish I didn't have to hold my nose whenever I vote. That said, the trolls here are 100% full of shit when they try to justify Carl registering as a Republican and likely supporting Trump. He spent time, energy, and likely money supporting a party that continues to actively work against the best interests of anyone who identifies as LGBT. Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 209June 23, 2021 11:56 AM

[quote] all white faggots are the same

So this is the new attitude of the left? And R193 has 5 WWs.

And you wonder why Nassib is a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 210June 23, 2021 12:10 PM

As I said in the other thread I don’t judge guys for voting for Obama who massacred loads of families in the Middle East or Biden who funds the war on Yemen. These guys have blood on their hands.

Carl didn’t personally do anything to support Trump except vote for him, which half of the frickin population did. Put it in perspective. Certainly he’s a better human being than mass murderers Obama/Trump/Biden.

by Anonymousreply 211June 23, 2021 12:12 PM

No longer following anyone on Instagram, and no more Likes.

And the MAGA cousin isn't tagged anymore.

Proof Carl is MAGA and trying to hide it now.

by Anonymousreply 212June 23, 2021 1:19 PM

R211 So? Every POTUS has blood on his hands. Frankly, it would be pretty fucking stupid to hold that against them. The FUCK does that have to do with Carl Nassib being a gay Republican?

Just the WORST analogy.

by Anonymousreply 213June 23, 2021 1:24 PM

I am a moderate democrat. Before Trump, I never really cared all that much about how others vote, because while we had policy disagreements we were all still playing from the same playbook regarding some basic rules of how we're supposed to do this.

Then Trump became president and they went along with the first lie, then the second lie and then the third lie and so forth and so on. Then they spent 4 years of just going along with the lies and not caring what was being done to the institution.

Then the election happened. Then 1/6 happened. Then state legislatures started fucking with voting rights. And now the Senate republicans have blocked legislation to protect voting.

And while some of that is not that big of deal to some of you. It is a big deal to some others. The fight is no longer about liberals and conservatives. It's about living in a democracy (even with all it's flaws) versus an oligarchy.

What side are you on?

by Anonymousreply 214June 23, 2021 1:26 PM

Right ON R214 Because we KNOW what side Nassib is on.

by Anonymousreply 215June 23, 2021 1:29 PM

Lol, R214. With that rant, if you're a "moderate" democrat, I'd hate to see what a radical one thinks.

by Anonymousreply 216June 23, 2021 1:30 PM

r203 I'm sorry about the coma you have been in for the last four years. Not super religious??? Jesus did you miss all the prayer sessions he had to pander ot the evangelicals? He had an on-staff spiritual advisor for fucks sake. Not into culture wars? He single handily kept the birther movement alive, persecuted the players in the NFL for kneeling, destroyed Kathy Griffin for an art photo. He used the DOJ to investigate his enemies and the FCC to fine SNL because they made fun of him. I am not sure you are getting it. the OFFICIAL platform of the GOP - something they vote on and agree on includes the overturning of gay marriage, the repeal of LGBT protections under the law, and the support of the religious freedom ot discriminate against gay people...this is their fucking official platform You can say "oh well some don't agree with it" not agreeing but supporting is still supporting. The dems at least want us to have the same basic human rights as everyone else., If nothing else I go with that. Every GOP president has nearly destroyed this country since Reagan. Get your head out of your ass.

by Anonymousreply 217June 23, 2021 1:32 PM

R15

nothing that person said was radical or irrational

by Anonymousreply 218June 23, 2021 1:33 PM

I'm not R203 but yes we know all that R217. Dump is appalling. Haven't got a single good word to say about him or the GOP. He can't die soon enough for my liking. That will be the only way we finally get rid of him and his influence.

But why is all of that Nassib's fault? There STILL hasn't been any evidence posted on DL that proves Nassib is a Dump supporter and agrees with his policies. For that matter - I haven't seen any evidence on DL that he votes GOP either.

And before you start shrieking - I hadn't even heard of Nassib until the other day. If he's a Dump supporter then post the evidence so that we can be properly informed and give him the same treatment as the Cock Gobbler. With Schock - we factually know exactly what he stood for and what he did. He deserves the treatment we give him.

But all I'm seeing is a lot of fact-free, over-emotional postings about something which is solely assumed and imagined. If there is proof then post it right away. Don't delay. It will immediately shut people like me up.

by Anonymousreply 219June 23, 2021 1:48 PM

R213 it’s stupid to hold war crimes against war criminal presidents who commit them?

But not stupid to hold whatever Trump did against him?

The guy’s a voter, not a perpetrator. Perspective.

by Anonymousreply 220June 23, 2021 1:59 PM

R212 His Jersey selling so fast and all these articles about him are his first taste of what celebrity and being the center of attention feels like. He knows being a Trumper or Trumper-sympathizer will take this away hence the clean-up.

by Anonymousreply 221June 23, 2021 2:01 PM

R220.

by Anonymousreply 222June 23, 2021 2:01 PM

[quote] There STILL hasn't been any evidence posted on DL that proves Nassib is a Dump supporter and agrees with his policies. For that matter - I haven't seen any evidence on DL that he votes GOP either.

You're never going to find that evidence. None of us DataLoungers were with him at the polls when he voted. But he registered as a Republican in 2019, three years into Trump's presidency, and by that time, the GOP was in lockstep with Trump on everything. Trump was the GOP, and the GOP was Trump. He didn't have to choose a party when he registered, but he did. He chose the Republican Party. He saw what Trump and the GOP stood for and said, "That's my party."

by Anonymousreply 223June 23, 2021 2:17 PM

Ask him on his Twitter or insta. That post will disappear so fast. This was a coordinated coming out. Do you think he just decided one day to post? He probably hired a pr agency, and if they were good, told him he better drop a substantial donation on a gay charity to cover the fact he is a trump supporter..

by Anonymousreply 224June 23, 2021 2:41 PM

trash

by Anonymousreply 225June 23, 2021 2:45 PM

I'm reading some tweets of rightwingers on twitter who realize that Carl might be a Republican who voted for Trump. Their attitude is "Let's pop some popcorn and watch what happens."

For example-

[quote] This shit is better than the Silicon Valley episode where the guy comes out as...(shhh) Christian. He's more discriminated against for being Republican than he is for being gay.

[quote] This is way more entertaining than it should be. Just sit back and watch the show.

[quote] #cancelcarl coming up

by Anonymousreply 226June 23, 2021 2:46 PM

It probably pained him to make that donation knowing it was going to help weird femmy fags, them/they nuts and obese blue-haired queers.

by Anonymousreply 227June 23, 2021 2:46 PM

he only made that donation as a preemptive PR move bc he knew people would dig up his records. Well it backfired.

by Anonymousreply 228June 23, 2021 2:48 PM

R193 - “All white faggots are the same.”

As a “white faggot” myself, I wholeheartedly agree.

by Anonymousreply 229June 23, 2021 2:52 PM

[quote] He saw what Trump and the GOP stood for and said, "That's my party."

As did half the country, including your parents (if their over 50). Do you hate them, too?

by Anonymousreply 230June 23, 2021 3:44 PM

r230 my parents voted for Biden, my brother voted for biden. My aunt voted for Trump. I don't speak to her ever since. I don't hate her, I hate that she believes that shit he spouts and cannot be associated with her,.

by Anonymousreply 231June 23, 2021 3:46 PM

The Republican party is overtly fascist so your choices are Democratic or independent. Otherwise, you are a gay fascist (which does have a long, deadly tradition).

by Anonymousreply 232June 23, 2021 3:47 PM

[quote] my parents voted for Biden

That's what they TOLD you.

by Anonymousreply 233June 23, 2021 3:49 PM

I have cut off all friends who voted for Trump. #justsayknowtofascists

by Anonymousreply 234June 23, 2021 4:12 PM

R230 Yes.

by Anonymousreply 235June 23, 2021 4:55 PM

Carl is breaking archaic stereotypes. He’s a refreshing trailblazer who has already changed the world

by Anonymousreply 236June 23, 2021 4:59 PM

The kind of People canceling Carl really don’t matter to a popular NFL football player.

by Anonymousreply 237June 23, 2021 5:00 PM

He's scrubbing his social media so it really must matter to him.

by Anonymousreply 238June 23, 2021 5:07 PM

Yeah right. The most disgusting things I've seen about the guy have been from rightwing NFL fans who feel a mediocre player is getting accolades for being gay. People here who rightfully question why he's a Republican have been kind by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 239June 23, 2021 5:07 PM

[quote] The most disgusting things I've seen about the guy have been from rightwing NFL fans who feel a mediocre player is getting accolades for being gay.

It's even more than just about getting accolades. Rightwingers are theorizing that he came out to save his career and the $25 million dollar contract. He really is getting crap from every side.

From one twitter thread-

[quote] Who had heard of this guy before he announced that he enjoys the male genitalia??? He announced this for one reason and one reason only…to save his career. He knew he wasn’t a very good football career. He thinks that teams will now think twice about letting a gay dude go.

by Anonymousreply 240June 23, 2021 5:19 PM

Not really. There is more evil nastiness here than anywhere I have seen. People here relish being vicious and seem to lack a moral conscience that others have

by Anonymousreply 241June 23, 2021 5:20 PM

[quote] including your parents (if their over 50) Do you hate them, too?

No, but I hate YOUR parents for letting you drop out of high school, you illiterate ass.

You don't even know what's wrong with your sentence, let alone your contorted analogy, do you? Asswipe Trumpstan.

by Anonymousreply 242June 23, 2021 5:20 PM

R206 You are full of hate and rotten from the inside.

by Anonymousreply 243June 23, 2021 5:27 PM

R207 You are full of hate and rotten from the inside.

by Anonymousreply 244June 23, 2021 5:28 PM

Who the hell cares what his politics are? Gay people are allowed to be republicans and have opinions that are just valid as you think yours are. And no, being gay and voting republican is not analogous to being Jewish and voting for the Nazi party. Your hyperbole is ridiculous and betrays your ignorance. Just which gay rights were eliminated during the DJT administration? Please list them. I'm curious.

by Anonymousreply 245June 23, 2021 5:39 PM

I might not be a registered Republican but I wish I was a registered bitch!

by Anonymousreply 246June 23, 2021 5:48 PM

‘Endorsement’ from Aaron

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247June 23, 2021 5:57 PM

I'll sleep better tonight knowing full well R243/R244 hates me.

I must be doing something right when I piss off Trumpanzees and Republican magats.

by Anonymousreply 248June 23, 2021 6:03 PM

r248, Judgement Day should be very interesting for you. Have a blessed day!

by Anonymousreply 249June 23, 2021 6:09 PM

R203, you are bending over backwards to try to basically explain that he doesn't mean to be a Republican of his own accord.

It's his parent's wish! It doesnt automatically means he's a Trumper! We should hate him because Trump isn't a true Republican! Geography matters so, because he doesn't live in a real conservative area, he's not one of those Republicans.

What happens if it turns out he IS a Trumper? Will you hate him then?

by Anonymousreply 250June 23, 2021 6:18 PM

[quote] Who the hell cares what his politics are? Gay people are allowed to be republicans and have opinions that are just valid as you think yours are.

So, gays should not be allowed to marry, keep a job, see a doctor of their choice, be served by all businesses...is a valid opinion?

by Anonymousreply 251June 23, 2021 6:20 PM

That was sweet, R247. One could argue Shailene Woodley's open-mindedness has saved at least one gay's life.

by Anonymousreply 252June 23, 2021 6:24 PM

[quote] From one twitter thread- Who had heard of this guy before he announced that he enjoys the male genitalia??? He announced this for one reason and one reason only…to save his career. He knew he wasn’t a very good football career. He thinks that teams will now think twice about letting a gay dude go.

Of course, this is exactly what he did. And it's a smart move. The $100K to Trevor Project and suddenly caring about youth suicide is all part of this PR campaign. Fine, whatever--we often have financial motivations for what we do, but we don't have to embrace him just because he hopes it'll be financially lucrative to come out as gay

by Anonymousreply 253June 23, 2021 6:26 PM

[quote] Just which gay rights were eliminated during the DJT administration? Please list them. I'm curious.

1) By Executive Order, Trump said that health professionals could determine whether to care for someone based on their own religious belief. That was ended by Biden.

2) Trump's DOJ submitted amicus briefs to support that businesses could refuse to provide service to gays because of their religious beliefs.

3) Trump's DOJ supported that gays could be fired for being gay.

4) Trump's DOJ supported that taxpayer funded services provided by religious organizations could be denied to gays.

5) Trump's DOJ supported that religious organizations could fire gays even if the gays were not in religious roles. (ex teacher in a catholic school)

by Anonymousreply 254June 23, 2021 6:30 PM

And if you want to continue, the Trump administration did its worst with trans--banning trans from the military, supporting banning trans from competitive sports, not allowing the VA to provide transition surgery, supporting anti-trans bathroom bills, etc,

Trump and the GOP worked hard to divide the LGBT coalition by focusing its most public ire on trans---and it convinced some gays (as seen by the anti-trans trolls on DL) to go along...which of course is exactly the point.

by Anonymousreply 255June 23, 2021 6:33 PM

[quote] And no, being gay and voting republican is not analogous to being Jewish and voting for the Nazi party.

Actually it's the perfect analogy. In the beginning, especially, even the Jews didn't know what the Nazi Party would become.

When the White Supremacists marched on Charlottesville, and Trump called them "Good People," not only did they chant "Jews will not replace us!" they chanted "Fucking Faggots!"

by Anonymousreply 256June 23, 2021 6:35 PM

[quote] Now that he’s out he’ll stop being a Republican. It was likely something he needed to be to survive the closet.

Caitlyn didn't stop being a Republican. Heck, she even wore her Maga hat despite Trump's rules targeting trans.

by Anonymousreply 257June 23, 2021 6:36 PM

I don't care, OP. I know Republicans (straight and gay), who did not support that racist, sexist, irresponsible imbecile.

It doesn't surprise me that he is a registered Republican, based upon seeing the clip from "Hard Knocks." From that clip, he may be the type that doesn't like the government to take his taxes.

People are complex. Stop trying to reduce political affiliation to simple categories of good and evil.

by Anonymousreply 258June 23, 2021 6:37 PM

Carl Nassib might be a very nice person and I'm happy that he chose to come out.

BUT, does he have ANY FUCKING CLUE how bad the GOP is to LGBT? We're not all pissed off just for the hell of it.

If he truly wants acceptance from LGBT (and, importantly for his pocketbook, contracts to advertise products to us), he needs to get out of the GOP.

If not, he will have as much value to us as Aaron Schock and Caitlyn Jenner--which is none.

by Anonymousreply 259June 23, 2021 6:44 PM

Nassib is from PA. One's registers by party there to vote in primaries. He resides in Las Vegas now, one assumes, since he plays for the raiders. It cannot be concluded who he has voted for or even if he actually voted in the last election. If he is a Trump supporter, I don't see where he has been vocal about it.

by Anonymousreply 260June 23, 2021 6:46 PM

R260, lots of dancing around and excuses. So are you saying he not really a Republican despite being registered as one and being friends with Trumpers?

As in: Dont believe our eyes?

by Anonymousreply 261June 23, 2021 6:51 PM

[quote] He resides in Las Vegas now, one assumes, since he plays for the raiders. It cannot be concluded who he has voted for or even if he actually voted in the last election.

If he didn't vote in the last election, that would be EVEN Worse.

by Anonymousreply 262June 23, 2021 6:52 PM

[quote] People are complex. Stop trying to reduce political affiliation to simple categories of good and evil.

And yet with politics, it is pretty simple to divide into good and evil. If you disagree with the route your party has taken, you leave it. He registered as a Republican in 2019--not 10 years ago, but when Trump was president and took complete control over the GOP.

He chose Trump's GOP. You can't gaslight us about what that means.

by Anonymousreply 263June 23, 2021 6:54 PM

[quote] I don't care, OP. I know Republicans (straight and gay), who did not support that racist, sexist, irresponsible imbecile.

Considering Trump dominates and controls the GOP, why are they still Republican? If they haven't thought about it, not only are they evil; they're stupid.

by Anonymousreply 264June 23, 2021 6:56 PM

"I know Nazis who didn't support Hitler."

Now, doesn't that sound stupid?

by Anonymousreply 265June 23, 2021 6:57 PM

Carl was going to be outed. That is what happened. Republicans don't roll like that and offer up an IG post and 100 grand. If people really looked into it, someone was going to drop a dime on him and he pre-empted it and became the hot stud with the courage, a win-win all around.

As far as the republic party sympathizers and other assorted garbage humans on this post defending the republic party, you fucksticks lost that right about the time your guys beat a cop and tried to overthrow the government. You are fucking sick fucks.

by Anonymousreply 266June 23, 2021 7:03 PM

I'm going to take it at face value, not go through the mental gymnastics to justify why he apparently he didn't mean to be a Republican.

At face value, he is a registered Republican, and he did so, as an adult, just two years ago. His friend flies the Trump flag proudly at protests.

Whether he believes (or even understands) all the terrible things the GOP stands for is not my problem. He's wearing the Scarlet R.

by Anonymousreply 267June 23, 2021 7:09 PM

In 2020, the GOP re-endorsed it's anti-LGBT platform:

GOP Platform: “Our laws and our government’s regulations should recognize marriage as the union of one man and one woman … We do not accept the Supreme Court’s redefinition of marriage and we urge its reversal.”

GOP Platform: “That same provision of law is now being used by bureaucrats — and by the current President of the United States — to impose a social and cultural revolution upon the American people by wrongly redefining sex discrimination to include sexual orientation or other categories.”

GOP Platform: “We reject the use of the military as a platform for social experimentation and will not accept or continue attempts to undermine military priorities and mission readiness.”

GOP Platform: “We endorse the First Amendment Defense Act, Republican legislation in the House and Senate which will bar government discrimination against individuals and businesses for acting on the belief that marriage is the union of one man and one woman.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268June 23, 2021 7:13 PM

R258, those are the worst kind of Republicans, those that would deny their decency and morality for a few points off their tax bracket.

[quote] The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. -Martin Luther King, Jr.

by Anonymousreply 269June 23, 2021 7:18 PM

He was *allowed* to come out because of liberals. If everyone voted the way he and the cunt@R1 do (who no doubt gave at least 1/3 of those likes to himself), he'd still be closeted.

You are clearly an idiot if you can't recognize the irony in the fact that you align with a party that is the reason you were in the closet in the first place and rail against the party that NORMALIZED you.

by Anonymousreply 270June 23, 2021 7:23 PM

[quote] You are clearly an idiot if you can't recognize the irony in the fact that you align with a party that is the reason you were in the closet in the first place

Obama: "I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I am not in favor of gay marriage."

Hillary: "I believe that marriage is not just a bond, but a sacred bond between a man and a woman."

by Anonymousreply 271June 23, 2021 7:44 PM

R271, and BOTH of them came out strongly FOR gay marriage afterwards.

Still waiting on the Republicans...

by Anonymousreply 272June 23, 2021 7:46 PM

R271, now tell us how the Democrats started the KKK.

Your pathetic attempt to absolve the Republican party by essentially telling us the jaywalkers are just as bad child rapists i snoted.

by Anonymousreply 273June 23, 2021 7:47 PM

*is noted

by Anonymousreply 274June 23, 2021 7:47 PM

R271, so cute, pulling quotes from over a decade ago.

I wonder what the Republican Party thinks of gay marriage NOW?

by Anonymousreply 275June 23, 2021 7:47 PM

R275, should we tell him about the *current* attempts by Republicans to enact anti-gay legislation at the state level or do we think he knows and just doesn't give a shit because he's really owning the Dems with old quotes?

by Anonymousreply 276June 23, 2021 7:49 PM

When one associates himself with a party, he runs the risk of taking on the mantle of that party,

Aaron Schock and Caityn Jenner have not repudiated at all what their party stands for. Will Nassib? or will he doubledown as a Trump -loving asshole?

by Anonymousreply 277June 23, 2021 7:50 PM

No R261. Has he confirm he is a registered Republican? Has he commented?

He is a gay pro football player. That is confirmed.

Third hand invasion of privacy per voting sounds very Trumpian. Don't call yourselves Democrats if you are embracing such behavior.

by Anonymousreply 278June 23, 2021 7:55 PM

LOL Voting affiliation is public record.

by Anonymousreply 279June 23, 2021 7:56 PM

R278, invasion of privacy? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO. Registering for a political party is PUBLIC. We have the receipts

by Anonymousreply 280June 23, 2021 7:58 PM

That picture of his friend with the MAGA T-Shirt on...means what?

That Nassib doesnt really mean to be Republican? That he's only Republican because his parents are? Because he made a mistake and his hand slipped?

If your friend walked into your house with a "Legends are born in June" T-shirt with a huge Trump pic on it, what would you do?

by Anonymousreply 281June 23, 2021 7:59 PM

[quote] Third hand invasion of privacy per voting sounds very Trumpian. Don't call yourselves Democrats if you are embracing such behavior.

This is Nassib's new press agent desperately trying to gaslight us

by Anonymousreply 282June 23, 2021 8:00 PM

R184 Sorry, but i don't buy that stupid explanation, if he was so worry about what people were going to think of him (so donate to the Trevor project) he would have stay in the closet like all the other gay athletes do.

He came out because he is comfortable being gay and doesn't mind other people know even when he knows that part of the audience is going to hate him.

It's the same all the time, when someone comes out of the closet are the gays (of course not most of the community but a small and rabid part) the ones who feel the need to destroy the guy.

He could be a saint that it wouldn't matter, he'll be trashed anyway

by Anonymousreply 283June 23, 2021 8:07 PM

r245 here you go

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284June 23, 2021 8:11 PM

Wrong Aaron r252.

by Anonymousreply 285June 23, 2021 8:15 PM

[quote] Sorry, but i don't buy that stupid explanation, if he was so worry about what people were going to think of him (so donate to the Trevor project) he would have stay in the closet like all the other gay athletes do.

Oh, how simple you are.

Every move he made while coming out was obviously directed by a public relations person. He didn't suddenly wake up and proclaim: "I'm coming out of the closet AND giving $100,000 to the Trevor Project!"

He came out of the closet now because he saw some benefit to it--it could be that he was going to be outed. It could be (as many homophobes charge) that he though it would help him stay on the team as it'll be harder to fire someone who makes history by coming out. He made sure it was a splash.

by Anonymousreply 286June 23, 2021 8:17 PM

[quote] He could be a saint that it wouldn't matter, he'll be trashed anyway

Being a gay Republican makes you way worse than trash

by Anonymousreply 287June 23, 2021 8:18 PM

[quote] It's the same all the time, when someone comes out of the closet are the gays (of course not most of the community but a small and rabid part) the ones who feel the need to destroy the guy.

HIs Republican registration along with his photos with MAGA friends made it REALLY EASY.

He should fire his public relations agent. A goof agent would have scrubbed all that BEFORE he came out.

by Anonymousreply 288June 23, 2021 8:19 PM

r288 pretty hard to scrub public record my guess is they picked the Trevor Project since it s focuses on LGBT youth. You might think wow but it's a tax write off.

by Anonymousreply 289June 23, 2021 8:27 PM

[quote] pretty hard to scrub public record my guess is they picked the Trevor Project since it s focuses on LGBT youth. You might think wow but it's a tax write off.

And it's a feel good donation. How could you not love someone who donates to a children's charity?

His public relations firm knows that very very very well.

by Anonymousreply 290June 23, 2021 8:34 PM

Let's make something perfectly clear: If this country expects to survive, there needs to be zero tolerance for Trumpism. Don't you dare act as though it's a mere difference in opinion on paying for infrastructure. We are talking about a movement where they will literally try and kill people because they lost in a democratic election and they will lie and make up conspiracies. They want to kill democracy by murdering elected officials all in the service of the stupidest, scummiest, racist, bigoted pile of shit to ever squat in the WH.

[quote]and voting republican is not analogous to being Jewish and voting for the Nazi party. Your hyperbole is ridiculous and betrays your ignorance.

It isn't hyperbole, you fool. He wouldn't have even been able to come out if Republicans actually controlled everything, so to vote for them IS an apt comparison. Do you pay attention at all to legislative efforts to nullify your rights and your existence over history? The GOP hasn't suddenly become enlightened, dumbass. How stupid are you that you don't believe you'd legally be called a fucking sodomite if these gay Republicans' bullshit votes counted?

by Anonymousreply 291June 23, 2021 9:09 PM

[quote] In 2020, the GOP re-endorsed it's anti-LGBT platform.

It's just the party platform. It's a to-do list of things we're not gonna do.

by Anonymousreply 292June 23, 2021 9:23 PM

R291 You are correct but you can’t convince Trumpers of anything. They worship Trump like he’s their god.

by Anonymousreply 293June 23, 2021 9:41 PM

I am very happy that Carl Nassib has come out. It is a major step forward. However, in his coming out video, he made a statement something about creating a world of kindness and compassion. That's great. So now that he has taken this major step to come out publicly, he needs to continue this journey and reflect on his actions.

This means reflecting on what kindness and compassion means and who and what advances those ideals and principles. So let's give Carl Nassib a bit of time and space. However, I hope in his awakening that Carl Nassib realizes none of this matters if he is going to associate with or be a member of the motherfucking Repig party. You can't be associated with the Repigs who work to undermine the work of the LGBTQ community and organizations such as the Trevor Project to which Nassib generously made a sizable donation.

by Anonymousreply 294June 23, 2021 9:44 PM

TikTok

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295June 23, 2021 9:45 PM

[Quote] It's just the party platform. It's a to-do list of things we're not gonna do.

Excuses, excuses. The platform represents exactly what the party is.

If it’s full of homophobic wishes, don’t you think they’re going to support homophobic policies? I’m fact, when you go down the list, Trump’s DOJ sided with each one whenever there was a SCOTUS case about them.

So yes the platform matters

by Anonymousreply 296June 23, 2021 10:57 PM

R294, how much you want to bet he’s never going to even address it?

by Anonymousreply 297June 23, 2021 10:59 PM

The Trevor Project works to prevent gays kids from committing suicide.

Doesnt Nassib understand that the GOP’s stance on gays is exactly why they’re committing suicide?!

by Anonymousreply 298June 23, 2021 11:00 PM

Does he love Chik-Fil-A?

by Anonymousreply 299June 23, 2021 11:01 PM

I don’t want to hear any bull shit from him about how he will try to bring liberals and conservatives together on the issue of gays.

That’s bullshit talk. Caitlyn tried the same thing and the truth is the cunt stayed conservative.

by Anonymousreply 300June 23, 2021 11:02 PM

R300 Caitlyn is a whole other level of hyppocrite. She supported Trump on his anti-trans policies.

by Anonymousreply 301June 23, 2021 11:09 PM

This was posted in one of the other threads, but it deserves to be posted here, too. In addition to registering as a Republican in Florida in 2019, Snopes has confirmed that he registered as a Republican ON ELECTION DAY 2020 in Nevada.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302June 23, 2021 11:20 PM

's thread on Twitter shows that no one is falling for the "but he's only 28!" line of BS here on Datalounge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303June 23, 2021 11:28 PM

Well, the moral authorities have spoken. The very white Carl Nassib, is canceled

by Anonymousreply 304June 23, 2021 11:39 PM

R393, Nassib is a twat. I hope he's treated the same way Aaron Shock was after those pictures from Coachella were released.

by Anonymousreply 305June 23, 2021 11:42 PM

R304 Canceling people isn’t a thing. The guy will be fine. Only repigs are obsessed with calling everything they do being canceled. See Josh Hawley for an example.

by Anonymousreply 306June 23, 2021 11:42 PM

I like how OP capitalizes “gay”. Reminds me of Joseph McCarthy—he’s a COMMUNIST. I think gays should probably stay in the closet. Coming out decades ago was great, pre-Internet, but today—with gay online communities, who attack and are homophobic and doxx you and your loved ones , it’s just not a good idea anymore. You’re setting yourself up for disaster if you. Come out at your own risk—not because of straights, but because of gays. They seek to destroy.

by Anonymousreply 307June 23, 2021 11:44 PM

R306 Sure

by Anonymousreply 308June 23, 2021 11:44 PM

R308, cut the bullshit. R306 is absolutely right. I notice people like you are constantly outraged by absolute bullshit you consider "woke" and don't have anywhere near the outrage for the right-wing doing things like a president who tried to go after SNL or going after Colin K. Those are actual violations of the first amendment.

Josh Hawley, that bitch, attempted to claim big tech was silencing him as he promoted his shit book about big tech on big tech.

by Anonymousreply 309June 23, 2021 11:53 PM

R309 Apparently we also canceled Dr. Seuss yet the book is still being sold. And we also canceled free speech but they actually don’t actually know what free speech means.

by Anonymousreply 310June 24, 2021 12:13 AM

[quote]Apparently we also canceled Dr. Seuss yet the book is still being sold.

R310. "We" did not cancel Dr. Seuss. In fact, no one on the outside canceled anything or pressured anyone within the Dr. Seuss organization. Instead, the Seuss Foundation decided itself that there were a few selected books among the Dr. Seuss collection that should be withdrawn from circulation in light of today's standards on cultural and societal norms and considerations.

by Anonymousreply 311June 24, 2021 12:43 AM

Pressured. ^

by Anonymousreply 312June 24, 2021 12:44 AM

R297. I hope Nassib hears the criticism about his Repig membership and support. I don't hold out a lot of hope, but let's see if responds and changes his affiliation. Even someone like Nassib who took this big and public step to come out needs to educated. For someone who comes across as sincere and concerned particularly given his donation to the Trevor Project, I don't buy that he doesn't know what his association with the Repig party means especially toward gay youth.

If Nassib stays affiliated with the Repig Party, then he's not all that different than hypocritical asshole Caitlyn Jenner, although Jenner probably never made a donation to any gay charitable organization.

by Anonymousreply 313June 24, 2021 12:52 AM

R312. If the Seuss Foundation felt the pressure in light of what's going on today--and then responded favorably, then I guess that's progress. However, the Foundation was not protested against or called upon to withdraw a few books from its collection. The Seuss Foundation acted on its own.

Keep in mind, while the Repugs like to say "Dr. Seuss was canceled," it is not true and it's misleading. Only a few selected books from the Dr. Seuss collection were withdrawn from circulation. The rest of the Dr. Seuss vast collection of books remains intact and available for all to read and enjoy.

by Anonymousreply 314June 24, 2021 12:59 AM

[quote]If the Seuss Foundation felt the pressure in light of what's going on today--and then responded favorably, then I guess that's progress.

No. It’s not progress at all. It’s regressive.

by Anonymousreply 315June 24, 2021 1:05 AM

Will Carl campaign for Caitlyn?

by Anonymousreply 316June 24, 2021 2:03 AM

The huge irony is Nassib gave money to an organization that tries to prevent LGBT youth suicide.

They kill themselves because of beliefs and policies pushed and supported by his political party.

Absolute hypocrite!

by Anonymousreply 317June 24, 2021 2:17 AM

My guess is, this is a hitting a little too close to home for some of you. I know we have gay Trump supporters on here who would sell their mothers out for some hot dick. In many places and in many spaces Trump is always going to be an issue for you. Your support for him is going to haunt you forever, like that trick who gave you herpes. You can whine and complain about mistreatment and cancelling. No one cares. Don't expect any succor here for you or Mr. Nassib.

by Anonymousreply 318June 24, 2021 2:17 AM

FINALLY! Some proper fucking evidence from a reliable. Thank you R302. That's all I was asking for. Now we know for 100% certain that Nassib is a registered Republican - several times.

[italic]Snopes has checked official, reliable voter registration data from Nevada and Florida, and can confirm that Nassib is indeed registered to vote as a Republican, and has been in at least two states, since May 2019 at the latest. We are therefore issuing a rating of “True.”[/italic]

Now what?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319June 24, 2021 2:47 AM

[quote]Dear Diary

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320June 24, 2021 7:58 AM

The utter hysteria on full view here. 🤣

If the news said later today that Carl was gay-bashed, people here would be through the roof, celebrating the lesson he'd just got handed.

What did you people expect?

As if a blonde dude out of Flyover America who plays sports for a living would vote Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 321June 24, 2021 8:29 AM

Will Carl's admission give Tim Tebow any ideas?

by Anonymousreply 322June 24, 2021 8:32 AM

Relax, trolls.

Nobody wishes any harm or failure for this person. He COULD be a nice guy, BUT he willing supports an anti-gay party. And as someone posted, he registered in 2019. That means he was TRULY digging what Trump was pedaling. That's a red flag you could see from space. I mean...he's got some issues.

Also? I suspect that his coming out was...self-preservation.

by Anonymousreply 323June 24, 2021 9:59 AM

[quote] Also? I suspect that his coming out was...self-preservation.

That’s what I thought too.

by Anonymousreply 324June 24, 2021 10:02 AM

Nassib is going to be fine, despite all the sound and fury from people posting here.

by Anonymousreply 325June 24, 2021 10:43 AM

[quote]And if he remains a Republican, that's his choice. There are gay Republicans, after all, and if they're out and proud, they also contribute to the cause of visibility and diversity in the gay community.

Never trust anyone who is a member of a political party that doesn't support them.

by Anonymousreply 326June 24, 2021 11:25 AM

[quote] If the news said later today that Carl was gay-bashed, people here would be through the roof, celebrating the lesson he'd just got handed.

No 6' 7 guy gets bashed.

by Anonymousreply 327June 24, 2021 12:20 PM

[quote] And if he remains a Republican, that's his choice. There are gay Republicans, after all, and if they're out and proud, they also contribute to the cause of visibility and diversity in the gay community.

If he remains a Nazi, that's his choice. I don't have to like and support him either--that's MY choice.

by Anonymousreply 328June 24, 2021 12:22 PM

His coming out was staged obviously for maximum commercial benefit. He was hoping to get welcome and accolades that can be translated into advertisement jobs and revenue.

Sorry, I'm not buying.

by Anonymousreply 329June 24, 2021 12:23 PM

[quote] The utter hysteria on full view here. 🤣

Not hysteria. Utter disappointment

by Anonymousreply 330June 24, 2021 12:40 PM

[quote]Nobody wishes any harm or failure for this person.

Yes they do. Just like they did with Michael Sam.

by Anonymousreply 331June 24, 2021 12:58 PM

Like I said - Happy he felt comfortable to come out - sad he is a Trump supporter because the world where he felt safe and comfortable enough to come out was not built by the GOP or Trump.

by Anonymousreply 332June 24, 2021 1:45 PM

Thanks for the very succinct comment, R332.

Unfortunately, it will fall on deaf ears since Republicans lack introspection, as so many pro-Trump and pro-Republican assholes here indicate.

by Anonymousreply 333June 24, 2021 2:07 PM

Shocking that he registered as a Rethug ON ELECTION DAY in November 2021. Which means that he voted for Cheatolini after four years of that fucking nightmare. That’s insane.

It will be interesting to see if he responds and how he plans to explain the hypocrisy of his support for Repukes’ who have extremely homophobic stands.

That first interview is going to be wild.

by Anonymousreply 334June 24, 2021 5:57 PM

R334 - How did you suffer, during the “four year nightmare” that you talk about?

by Anonymousreply 335June 24, 2021 6:12 PM

someone put a cock in that mouth at R319

by Anonymousreply 336June 24, 2021 6:14 PM

R335, My taxes went up and the crazy spending assured my taxes will go up dramatically in the future. I had to worry if my doctor could stop seeing me because I'm gay. I worried that I could be fired if I was gay. The pandemic, made worse by horrendous leadership, completely killed out social lives and caused such mental health issues in the fear that we could die.

MAGA folks constantly drove their flag-waving trucks through my town.

Trump offered no leadership, no empathy, and tore the country apart.

by Anonymousreply 337June 24, 2021 6:42 PM

[quote] Never trust anyone who is a member of a political party that doesn't support them.

That include Dems, R326? See R271.

by Anonymousreply 338June 24, 2021 7:45 PM

Oh dear lord. Now all of my “woke” friends are dragging Michael Sam into this, saying he was treated horribly, while Nassib is being touted as “brave.” And of course they say it’s a black/white issue. This is the NFL. They don’t care about skin color, just athletic ability.

by Anonymousreply 339June 24, 2021 8:01 PM

[quote] How did you suffer, during the “four year nightmare” that you talk about?

Translation: No one else matters but me. I don't give a shit about anyone but me. I'm incapable of empathy and recognizing that *others* have taken shit just for what they are based on the racist and bigoted rhetoric over those four years and now, I'm going to ignore what has arisen out of those four years: A fucking insurrection based on the countless lies told over those four years. I'm going to ignore the death threats against governors, VPs, election workers and anyone who deigns to uphold their oath to protect the constitution.

by Anonymousreply 340June 24, 2021 8:17 PM

R339 I know, from my perspective, that I would’ve hated to have been put in Michael Sam’s position. He shouldn’t have been pushed into that situation like that by his handlers. He was too young and hadn’t proven himself (as a football player). Your friends talking about that as if it was based on his race are rewriting history.

by Anonymousreply 341June 24, 2021 8:17 PM

You can tell this thread has attracted Republican trolls. Pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 342June 24, 2021 8:27 PM

What's sad is that R340 is not meant as a parody of a "woke" person, he's actually serious.

by Anonymousreply 343June 24, 2021 8:28 PM

What's sad about R343 is he' an ass-cunt Trumpian in denial.

by Anonymousreply 344June 24, 2021 8:29 PM

R343, what's even sadder is that you ignore what the last four years have actually been like and what arose from it. You're actually attempting to ignore what has come out of the Trump years.

You're quite a shithead and the tiresome "woke" insult shows how limited you are.

by Anonymousreply 345June 24, 2021 8:30 PM

R343 wants to pretend Trump did nothing wrong. He wants to pretend everything was perfectly normal and nothing really happened.

God, you must be such an insufferable, selfish asshole.

by Anonymousreply 346June 24, 2021 8:33 PM

I actually laugh at how quickly pro-Republican posts get multiple "likes."

by Anonymousreply 347June 24, 2021 8:36 PM

[quote] what's even sadder is that you ignore what the last four years have actually been like and what arose from it.

We're all well aware.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348June 24, 2021 8:37 PM

[quote]That include Dems, [R326]? See [R271].

God, you're fucking embarrassing. Yes, an OLD quote is how you base your affil., not the ACTIONS taken after them.

Republicans are fucking stupid as hell. You just are.

by Anonymousreply 349June 24, 2021 8:38 PM

R348, now tell us how "the blacks" don't appreciate anything.

by Anonymousreply 350June 24, 2021 8:39 PM

And this is what happened because of the last four years:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351June 24, 2021 8:40 PM

What kind of grotesque person attempts to defend Trump? Jesus Christ. And if you think that means defending Biden, then you're just an idiot.

Trump embodies everything repulsive and depraved and nothing good. What kind of garbage must you be to defend him?

by Anonymousreply 352June 24, 2021 9:35 PM

[quote]Black and Hispanic unemployment is at a record low

Now explain how anything Trump did produced that statistic and not the continuing Obama economic recovery. We'll wait......

[quote]What's sad about [R343] is he' an ass-cunt Trumpian in denial.

Trumpers hate brown people more than they love themselves.

by Anonymousreply 353June 24, 2021 9:38 PM

R353, LBJ: Somebody to look down on.

by Anonymousreply 354June 24, 2021 9:41 PM

I think we're very lucky that he ONLY voted for Trump. I mean, look at him, his face, his build. He's exactly the type that could have broken down the Capitol door on Jan. 6 and let that goddam Viking in. So count your gay blessings.

by Anonymousreply 355June 24, 2021 9:42 PM

I heard this is part of a spring training camp prank. He lost a bet and this and the 100k were part of it.

by Anonymousreply 356June 24, 2021 9:43 PM

[quote] What's sad is that R340 is not meant as a parody of a "woke" person, he's actually serious.

🙄 Our Rethuglican troll has no clue what “woke” means if he thinks that what R340 wrote is the equivalent of some of the truly “woke” nonsense that we all have seen. His post is a pretty standard mainstream response defending American democracy, which tRump put in serious jeopardy.

by Anonymousreply 357June 24, 2021 10:38 PM

r336 don't forget you can't get a wedding cake.

by Anonymousreply 358June 24, 2021 11:39 PM

[quote] Yes they do. Just like they did with Michael Sam.

Who would wish harm on Michael Sam? I would totally wish harm on Carl Nassib thought. Dumbass inbred MAGA gay.

by Anonymousreply 359June 24, 2021 11:41 PM

*though, not thought

by Anonymousreply 360June 24, 2021 11:42 PM

[quote] I would totally wish harm on Carl Nassib thought. Dumbass inbred MAGA gay.

What a fucking ridiculous R359 to say! Seriously? You're an unhinged, hysterical psychotic. Get a fucking grip.

by Anonymousreply 361June 24, 2021 11:51 PM

[quote] Seriously? You're an unhinged, hysterical psychotic. Get a fucking grip

Speaking of "hysterial"....

by Anonymousreply 362June 25, 2021 12:16 AM

*hysterical

by Anonymousreply 363June 25, 2021 12:17 AM

If you're going to be a cunt R362 - at LEAST spell it correctly so you don't have to come back and correct your post and look like the braindead Neanderthal you are.

by Anonymousreply 364June 25, 2021 12:20 AM

Queens! He's not fucking either of you!

by Anonymousreply 365June 25, 2021 12:38 AM

[quote] Queens! He's not fucking either of you!

Good. He's not attractive.

by Anonymousreply 366June 25, 2021 12:41 AM

The dark haired guy was the only consistent person in his like 40 Insta pics.

by Anonymousreply 367June 25, 2021 12:46 AM

[quote] What a fucking ridiculous [R359] to say! Seriously? You're an unhinged, hysterical psychotic. Get a fucking grip.

r359 is one of DL’s straight females, so keep that it mind.

by Anonymousreply 368June 25, 2021 3:03 PM

Datalounge hates women. They call them “females”, “c-nts”, or “d-kes”.

by Anonymousreply 369June 25, 2021 3:09 PM

I have never called a women “c-nts”, or “d-kes”. I have no idea how you even pronounce them. Now cunt and dyke...well.

by Anonymousreply 370June 25, 2021 4:02 PM

r369 DL does not hate women. There is more dislike for trans than women. In fact being against trans in some aspects is a win for women. So DL most definitely doesn't hate women.

by Anonymousreply 371June 25, 2021 5:53 PM

I was browsing reddit the other night and finally realized of whom Nassib reminded me:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372June 25, 2021 5:57 PM

R372, Carl had a bigger double chin than that guy though. Otherwise, yes, looks just like that.

by Anonymousreply 373June 25, 2021 6:09 PM

[quote] Datalounge hates women.

Correction. We hate everything.

by Anonymousreply 374June 25, 2021 7:51 PM

What R374 said. No where else will you find people calling each other "cunt" or far worse over something as innocuous as having a dryer vs hanging your clothes on a line.

by Anonymousreply 375June 25, 2021 8:01 PM

As the thread continues to spiral down to bitchery, a reminder.

THE RICH WHITE FOOTBALL GUY IS NOT A PIONEER, BUT A SHIFTY MAGAT DEFLECTING AS PART OF A P.R. CAMPAIGN.

by Anonymousreply 376June 25, 2021 8:18 PM

R376, don't bother. People on this thread are giving him a pass because he is a white masculine (yet mediocre looking) guy who is just "too young" (as in 28) to know better. Imagine if it was revealed Michael Sam was a MAGA Republican when he came out. He would not be getting the same treatment as Nassib. You would hear a few lone voices on here saying Sam was being crucified while most would call him a self-hating cunt.

by Anonymousreply 377June 25, 2021 8:22 PM

The power of the gayness did not protect him. He was cut.

by Anonymousreply 378June 26, 2021 11:12 AM

[Quote] Black and Hispanic unemployment is at a record low

Obama produced about 90% of that unemployment. The last 10% happened under Trump as a continuation of Obama’s policies and Trump, as usual, stole it as a talking point about his own successes.

By the end of Trump’s administration, however, it was all ruined as Black and Hispanics had the highest unemployment again.

by Anonymousreply 379June 26, 2021 11:53 AM

Not only is he a Republican but a Trump-voting one at that (the only conclusion one can come to considering the evidence of his registering Republican ON ELECTION DAY)

Stupid and evil

by Anonymousreply 380June 26, 2021 11:56 AM

[Quote] People on this thread are giving him a pass because he is a white masculine (yet mediocre looking) guy who is just "too young" (as in 28) to know better.

Yes, it’s pathetic that his handling team is trying desperately to make the excuse that 28 is too young for him to know better.

When I was 28, I didn’t vote Republican

by Anonymousreply 381June 26, 2021 11:57 AM

Where has he mentioned his affiliation?

by Anonymousreply 382June 26, 2021 1:09 PM

The claim was investigated and confirmed that Nassib is a twice registered Republican R382.

All the rest is hysteria, assumptions and exaggeration - a lot of it pretty nasty and violent in the other threads.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383June 26, 2021 1:18 PM

I know, but HE has not addressed it.

by Anonymousreply 384June 26, 2021 1:23 PM

Yes we know R384.

by Anonymousreply 385June 26, 2021 1:25 PM

Well, that what I said.

by Anonymousreply 386June 26, 2021 1:26 PM

Well, we can't fucking tell R386 because you don't seem to speak English.

by Anonymousreply 387June 26, 2021 1:28 PM

Bless your heart.

Hurts to be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 388June 26, 2021 1:32 PM

r376 He's an Arab . Calling him white just plain racist .

Be better.

by Anonymousreply 389June 26, 2021 1:59 PM

R384, perhaps there’s a good reason why he hasn’t addressed it. Do you really think that $100K donation to a kids’ charity was out of the goodness of his heart?

His handlers knew very well this would come out. That donation was specifically to cover for his Trump-loving.

by Anonymousreply 390June 26, 2021 3:38 PM

[Quote] He's an Arab . Calling him white just plain racist .

Arabs call themselves white

by Anonymousreply 391June 26, 2021 3:38 PM

r390, yes that donation wasn't out of the goodness of his heart. The way he seems to handle his finances reminds me of every well-off Republican I have ever known---they already have so much, but are only concerned with somehow getting (and keeping) more.

by Anonymousreply 392June 26, 2021 3:44 PM

[quote] His handlers knew very well this would come out.

Sure, R390. I'm sure his "handlers" knew that a bunch of hysterical gay Nazis on Datalounge would be attacking a young gay man brave enough to come out in the NFL. It's so foreseeable!

by Anonymousreply 393June 26, 2021 3:46 PM

MAGAt FAGAt.

by Anonymousreply 394June 26, 2021 5:48 PM

Someone meme that lip biting pic with, "You're fired!" and post it in the comments.

by Anonymousreply 395June 26, 2021 5:55 PM

[Quote] I'm sure his "handlers" knew that a bunch of hysterical gay Nazis on Datalounge would be attacking a young gay man brave enough to come out in the NFL. It's so foreseeable!

Yes, he was brave to come out while in the NFL. Not smart enough to realize that liberals created the world where he can come out.

by Anonymousreply 396June 26, 2021 7:34 PM

[Quote] I'm sure his "handlers" knew that a bunch of hysterical gay Nazis on Datalounge

He’s the Republican and somehow we’re the Nazis. Sure, Jan

by Anonymousreply 397June 26, 2021 7:36 PM

I mean he’s a “professional” football player on his 20s. Why are we expecting so much from him? He’s probably a complete fucking moron just trying to make it through life. He’s not a role model, he’s not an intellectual, he’s not aspirational. The “donation” was never his personal idea. He’ll be hanging with the other idiots in PV in a matter of months. (Gus Kenworthy, Dr. Jake, Colton Underwood)

by Anonymousreply 398June 29, 2021 11:38 AM

There’s very little homophobia in today’s Republican Party, and that TERRIFIES Democrats because it means their days of using gays and lesbians as a victim target group are mostly over.

Why do you think it’s all “LGBTQ+” this and that? Most of the LGBTQ crap is trans trans trans all the time. Gays are wising up. There are a LOT of closeted Republican gays and even more that are starting to “come out.”

by Anonymousreply 399June 29, 2021 11:56 AM

[quote]There’s very little homophobia in today’s Republican Party,

What planet are you on? Or have you not had enough sleep and you are delirious?

by Anonymousreply 400June 29, 2021 11:59 AM

He’s ugly as sin.

by Anonymousreply 401June 29, 2021 12:10 PM

Footballers have brain damage so they tend to fit in with republicans.

by Anonymousreply 402June 29, 2021 12:11 PM

R399 Are you high? If you're gonna troll at the VERY least be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 403June 29, 2021 12:15 PM

Prob that guy with Assboogers.

by Anonymousreply 404June 29, 2021 12:41 PM

He looks like an insect.

by Anonymousreply 405June 29, 2021 12:46 PM

"There’s very little homophobia in today’s Republican Party,"

Link, please. Otherwise you're just pulling shit out of your gaping, prolapsed hole.

TIA.

by Anonymousreply 406June 29, 2021 12:54 PM

For the First Time, a Small Majority of Republicans Support Gay Marriage

Republicans, who have consistently been the party group least in favor of same-sex marriage, show majority support in 2021 for the first time (55%). The latest increase in support among all Americans is driven largely by changes in Republicans' views.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407June 29, 2021 1:11 PM

He looks like a mosquito

by Anonymousreply 408June 29, 2021 1:13 PM

That's still 45% who opposed gay marriage, R407. That's doesn't gibe with your idiotic "there's very little homophobia in today's Republican Party" comment. 45% is almost half. You're not a numbers person, no?

by Anonymousreply 409June 29, 2021 1:15 PM

r40e7 so for the first time a small majority supports something that has been legal for years.....wow. great. I feel so welcome. Small majority or not it is STILL on their platform to repeal gay marriage.

by Anonymousreply 410June 29, 2021 1:41 PM

r408, he's six foot seven, how does he look like a mosquito?

by Anonymousreply 411June 29, 2021 1:49 PM

[quote] There’s very little homophobia in today’s Republican Party, and that TERRIFIES Democrats because it means their days of using gays and lesbians as a victim target group are mostly over.

So, trying to diminish gay rights at every turn isn't considered homophobia?

by Anonymousreply 412June 29, 2021 2:39 PM

People don’t realize how much money and effort republicans have put into oppressive policies for gays? Really?

Time to put the Tik Tok away and learn some history.

by Anonymousreply 413June 29, 2021 2:45 PM

He looks like Ray from Princess and the Frog.

by Anonymousreply 414June 29, 2021 2:58 PM

[quote]There’s very little homophobia in today’s Republican Party

Possibly, but there sure is a LOT of homohateia in today's Republican Party.

by Anonymousreply 415June 29, 2021 3:01 PM

The GOP's base is Evangelicals. OF COURSE there's homophobia. If the GOP weren't anti gay and anti abortion, what would it raise money on?

by Anonymousreply 416June 29, 2021 3:17 PM

Y'all are seriously making a mistake. You're envisioning the Republican party of 2011, not the GOP as it is in 2021; yes, there is still an evangelical element in the party, but it is less influential and the more libertarian/independent element -- which is more accepting of gays and lesbians -- is more ascendant. And the more the Democrats battle the old enemy, the more likely the new enemy will triumph in 2022 and 2024.

by Anonymousreply 417June 29, 2021 3:44 PM

R417 = Kenny Mehlman, or Jeff Gannon.

I can't decide which of these two loathsome assholes R417 is.

I see the Republican Party of 2021 as a bunch of gutless, spineless cowards trying to avoid confrontation with the head gutless, spineless coward, Donald J. Trump, and his mouth breathing idiot supporters.

When exactly did this renaissance occur of which you speak, R417?

by Anonymousreply 418June 29, 2021 3:52 PM

[quote] You're envisioning the Republican party of 2011, not the GOP as it is in 2021; yes, there is still an evangelical element in the party, but it is less influential and the more libertarian/independent element -- which is more accepting of gays and lesbians -- is more ascendant.

It's the party of 2021 that is pushing "religious rights" to stop "gay rights."

Sure, accepting gays is ascendant but that's because society has and the GOP better come along or become obsolete. One day, the GOP will even start accepting blacks.

by Anonymousreply 419June 29, 2021 4:09 PM

California bans state travel to 5 states over anti-LGBTQ 'bigotry'

What a coincidence that these are all Republican-led states...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420June 29, 2021 6:17 PM

It's just the T that are affected by the laws, and is such a ban even constitutional?

by Anonymousreply 421June 29, 2021 6:19 PM

R421, As was already refuted in another thread, the laws affect all LGBT. Why don't you actually read the article?

Do Russians have that much problem reading English? How about "Vodka"? Can you read that.

And yes, a state can choose what it wants to do with its travel money. The Constitution doesn't say anywhere that California government workers "must travel to Texas."

by Anonymousreply 422June 29, 2021 6:39 PM

The GOP is strategizing now. Just watch, they’ll present a more moderate, charismatic candidate for 2024 - someone that even us independents and folks tired of extreme leftist policies can get behind. The Democratic Party has lost a lot of support (spoken and unspoken) since Biden and Harris the hyena have been installed. The new candidate will even announce inclusive support for gays and lesbians, but will leave out trans so they don’t alienate the far right.

by Anonymousreply 423June 29, 2021 8:13 PM

R423 = Qanon incel Virginia fat GayOP shit-tard. "Harris the hyena?"

So, you MAGAt FAGAts just think you can hide the Jan. 6 mob, the Trumptards, the KKKers, etc.? You dumb fuck.

by Anonymousreply 424June 29, 2021 8:45 PM

Asinine Trumptard R423: "We'll just hide the red hats and everything will change."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425June 29, 2021 8:48 PM

R420 thinks that letting men compete on girls' sports teams or stepping all over lesbians is "fighting for gay rights".

by Anonymousreply 426June 29, 2021 9:47 PM

R426.

by Anonymousreply 427June 29, 2021 10:08 PM

R427.

by Anonymousreply 428June 29, 2021 10:09 PM

R428.

by Anonymousreply 429June 29, 2021 10:11 PM

Girls… he was never going to sleep with any of you.

by Anonymousreply 430June 29, 2021 10:11 PM

There is nothing "libertarian" about the modern GOP r417? Do you even know what that means?

The Trump administration was all about big federal government policies, far from a libertarian approach of small government.

by Anonymousreply 431June 29, 2021 10:14 PM

[quote] The Trump administration was all about big federal government policies

Huh? Did Putin tell you to say that?

by Anonymousreply 432June 30, 2021 12:02 AM

R432.

by Anonymousreply 433June 30, 2021 12:03 AM

Meet Ray.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434June 30, 2021 1:47 AM

R433.

by Anonymousreply 435June 30, 2021 1:22 PM

[quote] I mean, it makes him hotter. But I love straight (acting) masculine men with strong values.

[quote] R193 - “All white faggots are the same.” As a “white faggot” myself, I wholeheartedly agree.

[quote] Oh dear lord. Now all of my “woke” friends are dragging Michael Sam into this, saying he was treated horribly, while Nassib is being touted as “brave.” And of course they say it’s a black/white issue. This is the NFL. They don’t care about skin color, just athletic ability.

[quote] I mean he’s a “professional” football player on his 20s. Why are we expecting so much from him? He’s probably a complete fucking moron just trying to make it through life. He’s not a role model, he’s not an intellectual, he’s not aspirational. The “donation” was never his personal idea. He’ll be hanging with the other idiots in PV in a matter of months. (Gus Kenworthy, Dr. Jake, Colton Underwood)

[quote] The GOP is strategizing now. Just watch, they’ll present a more moderate, charismatic candidate for 2024 - someone that even us independents and folks tired of extreme leftist policies can get behind. The Democratic Party has lost a lot of support (spoken and unspoken) since Biden and Harris the hyena have been installed. The new candidate will even announce inclusive support for gays and lesbians, but will leave out trans so they don’t alienate the far right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436June 30, 2021 3:38 PM

[quote] The Democratic Party has lost a lot of support (spoken and unspoken) since Biden and Harris the hyena have been installed.

Sure, Jan

by Anonymousreply 437June 30, 2021 4:22 PM

The GOP has been doubling down with Trump so don't expect a different sort of candidate until at least 2028. If the 2024 candidate loses, the GOP will come back with a seemingly moderate candidate.

But they all claim to be moderate until they get elected. Then they realize how they must bend over for the Evangelicals and start the crazy right wing crap.

by Anonymousreply 438June 30, 2021 4:24 PM

[quote] But they all claim to be moderate until they get elected. Then they realize how they must bend over for the Evangelicals and start the crazy right wing crap.

Yes, and they also appoint reich-wing crazies throughout the federal government who are intent on destroying the government from within by dismantling it. Not to mention all the extremely conservative federal judges who will be on the bench for decades.

by Anonymousreply 439June 30, 2021 8:27 PM

Art lover

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440July 15, 2021 5:03 AM

He’s so hot

by Anonymousreply 441July 15, 2021 12:58 PM

Trumper.

by Anonymousreply 442July 15, 2021 4:16 PM

He’s my type

by Anonymousreply 443July 15, 2021 4:21 PM

[quote]they must bend over for the Evangelicals

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 444July 15, 2021 4:23 PM

Or maybe r6 needs to die in a grease fire.

There’s nothing more “superficial” than Republican politics.

R6 believes an orange slime mold con artist and tax cuts for the rich are going to save “the working class” because he’s a nakedly disingenuous grifter dumbfuck.

by Anonymousreply 445July 15, 2021 4:35 PM

R11 = pure fiction of a deranged, self bashing homogrifter.

Here are some of the many ways in which Donald Trump attacked gay people after gaslighting some gullible gays in his campaign:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446July 15, 2021 4:43 PM

R41 = gaslighting right-wing troll.

by Anonymousreply 447July 15, 2021 4:56 PM

R423 is the ne of those gullible, self-bashing homos and rubes who fell for the Trum con with empty words.

R423 let Trump gaslight him, just like Trump tried to do with all gays, blacks, Hispanics and the working class.

Sucks to he a sucker.

How much does r423 want to bet me anonymously on MyBuddyBet that “they’ll present a more moderate, charismatic candidate for 2024 - who will even announce inclusive support for gays and lesbians?”

$50?

by Anonymousreply 448July 15, 2021 11:48 PM

R423 is that pathetic piece of shit DeTurdo.

by Anonymousreply 449July 16, 2021 12:00 AM

Groomsmen galore

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450July 16, 2021 11:43 PM

R450, INBRED galore. The one in the back left is even turning into Cyclopes apparently.

by Anonymousreply 451July 17, 2021 12:58 AM

R450 what does he have such a fat face?

by Anonymousreply 452July 17, 2021 10:53 AM

You just know once his career has ended, he‘ll look like a balloon…

by Anonymousreply 453July 17, 2021 10:53 AM

One thing is for sure, the guy is not a fame whore.

He came out and then continued with his life without much fanfare

by Anonymousreply 454July 17, 2021 10:56 AM

He came out and, once news that he’s a Republican also came out, his handlers told to keep a low profile for now. His donation to the kids charity was to support his coming out moment and being perceived as a caring, loving guy. His MAGA connections put everything to an immediately stop. Now the handlers are busy trying to scrub the internet, but it’s too late

I work in PR. I know exactly why he’s acting like he is right now.

by Anonymousreply 455July 17, 2021 11:21 AM

R450, ready to raid the Capitol and hand the VP!

by Anonymousreply 456July 17, 2021 11:21 AM

[Quote] He’s my type

It’s always so ridiculous when DLers write “he’s my type” about tall, muscular, handsome men.

Well, no duh

by Anonymousreply 457July 17, 2021 11:23 AM

[Quote] Huh? Did Putin tell you to say that?

Trump had the biggest deficit rate ever and the biggest federal budget ever. BIG GOVERNMENT

by Anonymousreply 458July 17, 2021 11:25 AM

R455 Half the country is republican.

Unless he is a known racist that shouldn't be such problem.

The guy is from a healthy family and he doesn't seem to be stupid and has knowledge over finances, i doubt he wanted the type of attention that ends on a reality show

by Anonymousreply 459July 17, 2021 11:26 AM

[quote]Half the country is republican

It's around ten points lower than that, if you mean "identify as Republican" (if you mean registered Republican, of course, it's only around 24%).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460July 17, 2021 11:31 AM

R459, as every good publicist know, you must have the support of your own community before getting the support of everyone else.

His coming out and donating with a splash was an effort to get the support of the LGBT community. Once we had his back, he could move on to gain the acceptance of the world. But, that backfired with his MAGA pictures.

Sure there may be many Republicans but the real conservatives will hate him immediately because he’s gay. No one will defend him. It doesn’t matter if he’s a football player. It’s the same with, say Caitlyn. Without LGBT support, she flounders around looking for a base. She’s hated by everyone

by Anonymousreply 461July 17, 2021 11:49 AM

So basically unless you are the right type of gay you shouldn't come out because you will only be supported if you fit the mold.

And in this case we are talking about someone who has zero scandals apart of being a republican.- It's not exactly a message of inclusiveness, specially because the number of homophobic democrats is not that small (the position of the party is not always the positiion of the polititian) and most of them were not even that supportive not so long ago.

I could understand that type of reaction if there were something more

by Anonymousreply 462July 17, 2021 12:55 PM

[quote] I could understand that type of reaction if there were something more

🙄 Get real. This is not that difficult. In November 2020 he was gay, albeit closeted, and he voted for tRump. Listed below is a compilation of the tRump-Pence attacks on and outright hostility toward the LGBTQ+ community. As a then closeted gay man he was perfectly OK with all of this. He either endorsed it implicitly or he just didn’t care. Whatever the reason, he has to live with that decision, and the rest of the community is clearly not ready to give him a pass for supporting Cheatolini just because he’s the first active NFL player to come out.

[quote] specially because the number of homophobic democrats is not that small

A spurious claim. “Not that small.” What does that even mean? Numbers? Names? Plus, I’m not sure why or how this whataboutism is relevant to Nassib. We are talking about the here and now — not reaching back 20+ years for equivocating statements about marriage equality by Obama or the Clintons, all of whom have moved into the “strongly support” column. tRump and Pence are still as anti-gay today as they were last year or in 2016.

Coming out does not automatically grant Nassib absolution for his past transgressions against a community that he now claims that he wants to embrace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463July 17, 2021 1:32 PM

Sorry but that's pure bullshit.

The truth is the guy had the guts to come out in a sport that clearly prefers players who beat their wives and shoot people and suddenly here (because outside this site the controversy was not even near of being that big) people act like it was terrible that he voted republican, even when it's pretty clear he is one of those fiscally conservative guys.

Yes, voting for Trump was stupid, but millions of americans did it and i suppose not all were that terrible.

And saying he donated to the Trevor project to clean his image is absurd because there's nothing to clean and if he was that worried he could have stay in the closet

R463 Do you really need the names of democratic representatives that are less than fine with gays? because the number is not that small. In some parts of the country it's quite difficult to diferenciate the candidates.

Anyway, that's not the point. The reaction was pretty clear (here, outside he received a lot of support) if you are not a democrat you better stay in the closet because it's not going to pay the prize you are going to pay for coming out

by Anonymousreply 464July 17, 2021 1:40 PM

[quote] Do you really need the names of democratic representatives that are less than fine with gays? because the number is not that small.

Yup. Name names. If the number is “not that small” then it shouldn’t be that difficult. Otherwise, this is just a bullshit assertion without any basis in fact.

by Anonymousreply 465July 17, 2021 2:23 PM

[Quote] So basically unless you are the right type of gay you shouldn't come out because you will only be supported if you fit the mold.

He can come out all he wants.

BUT, don’t expect gays to fall over your every word when you voted for Trump. A huge reason for this coming out was to be able to represent gays in ads and other commercial ventures. This just will not happen with a gay Trump supporter.

by Anonymousreply 466July 17, 2021 2:30 PM

[Quote] Yes, voting for Trump was stupid, but millions of americans did it and i suppose not all were that terrible.

Yes, ALL of them, each and every one is TERRIBLE

by Anonymousreply 467July 17, 2021 2:31 PM

R464, Nassib’s handlers are all over this thread in a desperate attempt to spin his stupidity

by Anonymousreply 468July 17, 2021 2:31 PM

A perfect comparison is Herman Cain. He was a black guy who supported Trump.

The GOP tolerated him because it needed a black guy to help its brand. The black population turned their back on him.

In the end, he was in this limbo state where no one was thrilled about him. And then he died

by Anonymousreply 469July 17, 2021 2:33 PM

[Quote] So basically unless you are the right type of gay you shouldn't come out because you will only be supported if you fit the mold.

The problem is conservative LGBT end up like Caitlyn, Aaron Schock, or Milo. Happy for them that they came out (Milo is now straight though), but now, FUCK YOU

by Anonymousreply 470July 17, 2021 2:35 PM

Yes, much of the country is Republican and they hate him the second he came out as gay.

Now where is Nassib supposed to turn for support.

I certainly don’t see Republicans standing up for GOP gays.

by Anonymousreply 471July 17, 2021 2:37 PM

[quote] Now where is Nassib supposed to turn for support.

His $25 million bank account and his MAGAt brohole buddies sucking his rich teats.

by Anonymousreply 472July 17, 2021 5:32 PM

I hate Trump more than the next person, but this guy was not publicly Republican. He is not a Herman Cain or Caitlyn Jenner. So he registered as a Republican and probably for Trump. So did many people. He obviously grew up in a conservative household, plays a sport dominated by conservatives (at least the white contingent).

I have absolutely no idea what he thought of the insurrection or anything else. For all I know, he may now regret his vote. The important thing is that he has the balls to come out while on a roster, not after retirement, not as a lame attempt to get on a team's roster, but while he's an active player. He didn't have to do that and he will probably suffer to a degree for doing that (homophobia from teammates, players for other teams, fans). And now we know that he's also not a fame whore. In fact, his own statement (pre-Republican revelations) said that he won't be doing interviews and will concentrate on football.

Your "us and them" mentality for someone who hasn't said a political word publicly is OTT. It also doesn't help people who don't toe the "acceptable gay" line in some way but still want to come out.

by Anonymousreply 473July 17, 2021 5:56 PM

[quote] Do you really need the names of democratic representatives that are less than fine with gays? because the number is not that small.

We’re still waiting. If there are so many of them, you should be able to easily start listing them. Unless of course your claim was total BS (it was) and you have zero proof that there are “no small number” of antigay Democrats. Which is precisely what most of us suspect.

by Anonymousreply 474July 17, 2021 5:57 PM

R454, that is the formula for being accepted as an openly gay or bi athlete. You get acceptance by fitting in with your athlete brethren, not by squawking and proclaiming yourself so different and special. Carl is that football player we have been dreaming of to make being a gay team sports athlete acceptable

by Anonymousreply 475July 17, 2021 7:11 PM

There is no evidence Carl came out to capitalize on the gay market or community. All evidence indicates he is happy and naturally aligned with a mainstream identity and community. He is happy being one of the jock bros.

by Anonymousreply 476July 17, 2021 7:14 PM

For R476

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477July 17, 2021 9:19 PM

[quote] Carl is that football player we have been dreaming of

Perhaps in your masturbatory fantasies, OutSports-esque bro-fan.

Most gays don't give a shit about corrupt corporo-sports.  It's just that the ones who do never stop braying about it.

by Anonymousreply 478July 17, 2021 9:49 PM

R450 Omg, his eyebrows are tragic.

by Anonymousreply 479July 17, 2021 9:50 PM

Does Carl support same-sex marriage?

by Anonymousreply 480July 17, 2021 9:54 PM

[Quote] Your "us and them" mentality for someone who hasn't said a political word publicly is OTT. It also doesn't help people who don't toe the "acceptable gay" line in some way but still want to come out.

If you voted for Trump after all the absolutely appalling things he did against the rule of law over the 4 years of his presidency, even before the insurrection, you are a Fuck-Tard.

Hanging around with Maga types, Nassib seem to fit right in. Nassib’s a Fuck-Tard, and openly gay Fuck-Tard.

How can I support and give a shit about another gay man who has no problem supporting a fascist-wanna be?

by Anonymousreply 481July 18, 2021 2:23 AM

I support and care about Nassib as much as I do Caitlyn—which is nil.

If you don’t care about gay equality and don’t support politicians who do, you’re shit.

by Anonymousreply 482July 18, 2021 2:26 AM

Gays are not monolithic you fuck!

by Anonymousreply 483July 18, 2021 2:32 AM

Don't use big words. It confuses your fellow MAGAts.

by Anonymousreply 484July 18, 2021 2:35 AM

Are gay Republicans the same as Jewish Nazis?

by Anonymousreply 485July 18, 2021 2:42 AM

Ludicrous analogy r485

by Anonymousreply 486July 18, 2021 2:49 AM

I’m not Republican, but I think Carl is a really cool dude. He is breaking archaic stereotypes about gay men just by existing. He is a great role model for bi and gay male athletics, and masculine nonstraight guys in general. Gen Z gay/bi athletes will be even more numerous and accepted.

by Anonymousreply 487July 18, 2021 3:57 AM

R487 is either Carl Nassib or his publicist.

by Anonymousreply 488July 18, 2021 3:59 AM

Spot on 487

by Anonymousreply 489July 18, 2021 4:00 AM

R488, you’re not the boss of bi and gay dudes. Deal with it

by Anonymousreply 490July 18, 2021 4:03 AM

[quote] a great role model for ... masculine nonstraight guys

Because you're all so so oppressed!

by Anonymousreply 491July 18, 2021 6:10 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492July 20, 2021 11:53 PM

Hot

by Anonymousreply 493July 20, 2021 11:57 PM

Man, the excuses DLers came up with for this guy being a registered Republican range from hilarious to borderline pathetic, and, nearly a month later, the list just keeps growing!

by Anonymousreply 494July 21, 2021 12:08 AM

Carl is smoking hot and real masculine .

by Anonymousreply 495July 21, 2021 12:11 AM

R484, we. Do. NOT. Care.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496July 21, 2021 12:23 AM

R494, it’s like GWB’s reasons for invading Iraq. When one excuse gets laughed out of the water, then they come back with some other excuse.

by Anonymousreply 497July 21, 2021 11:11 AM

Carl’s reason for voting Republican are the same as his reason for giving money to the Trevor Project, money.

He doesn’t care about other gays, gay kids, or anyone other than himself and shaving a couple of points off of his effective tax rate.

I would prefer a raving Trumper to a quiet closet conservative. At least with the Trumper you know where you stand.

by Anonymousreply 498July 21, 2021 3:34 PM

You're so right, R498. He only came out to reduce his effective tax rate. How clever! Have you always been this perceptive?

Carl definitely looks better now than he did a few years back. Here's a video about his younger brother, John, in which he's interviewed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499July 21, 2021 4:25 PM

Tony Woodard is an aspie cunt

by Anonymousreply 500July 21, 2021 4:30 PM

[quote] I would prefer a raving Trumper to a quiet closet conservative. At least with the Trumper you know where you stand.

Being photographed with raving MAGAts isn't being a quiet closet conservative. These guys who go to rallies and wave MAGA Flags are his closest friends. Let's stop pretending he's a quiet conservative who is only in it for the taxes.

A vote for Trump comes across as a vote for White supremacy to me.

by Anonymousreply 501July 21, 2021 8:27 PM

Sometimes it gets hot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502July 23, 2021 8:52 AM

I don't give a shit about politics so it really doesn't matter to me.

by Anonymousreply 503July 23, 2021 9:05 AM

R503 = Fucking idiot

by Anonymousreply 504July 23, 2021 9:14 AM

R502 = Hitler was pretty cute too.

by Anonymousreply 505July 23, 2021 2:25 PM

R503, um, so you don't care if someone supports the party that is actively stripping you of your rights and represents white supremacy?

by Anonymousreply 506July 23, 2021 2:26 PM

Carl is hot masculine man

by Anonymousreply 507July 23, 2021 2:49 PM

R507.

by Anonymousreply 508July 23, 2021 3:06 PM

The Log Cabin Nazis?

You mean the disbanded HW Nazis who hide out in Woodland Hills, Thousand Oaks, attending catholic mass and whacky evangelical church services, OP?

Yeah???

I don’t know them!

by Anonymousreply 509July 23, 2021 3:21 PM

You'd have to grade on a serious curve to designate Miss Carl as hot.

If 1,000 gay men who watched football were asked 3 months ago to name a player they would hope to come out as gay, 0 would've said "Carl Nassib." (I would've hoped for Jimmy Garropolo or Rob Gronkowski)

by Anonymousreply 510July 23, 2021 5:04 PM

R510, keep your effeminate bitterness to yourself dude. Gross

by Anonymousreply 511July 23, 2021 5:32 PM

Exactly! R511

by Anonymousreply 512July 23, 2021 7:18 PM

R510, there are about 1,700 NFL players. Who cares if he's not in the top 2 hottest players out of 1,700? He's hot is all that matters.

by Anonymousreply 513July 23, 2021 8:54 PM

Amen bro

by Anonymousreply 514July 23, 2021 9:59 PM

He’s certainly hotter than those saying he’s not hot

by Anonymousreply 515July 23, 2021 9:59 PM

We'll see how many new excuses you all come up with before this thread reaches 600 posts.

The latest one - "he's hot and masculine and thus beyond reproach" is probably the funniest, but it is also probably the one that is most honest among those breathlessly defending him. Certainly moreso than "he's young, he didn't know what he was doing!!!" (When he's nearly 30 years old.)

by Anonymousreply 516July 23, 2021 10:03 PM

So? Why do you care? We can like whomever we want

by Anonymousreply 517July 23, 2021 10:20 PM

[quote]So? Why do you care?

Because it's amusing. Please continue!

by Anonymousreply 518July 23, 2021 10:22 PM

[quote] so you don't care if someone supports the party that is actively stripping you of your rights

As far as I know, Nassib hasn’t stripped me of anything, and since there can’t be guilt by association, that leaves nothing yet to hold against him personally.

by Anonymousreply 519July 24, 2021 12:50 AM

Nassib’s publicity coach is working overtime on this thread

by Anonymousreply 520July 24, 2021 9:41 PM

[quote] and since there can’t be guilt by association

He's not just "associated" with Republicans. He voted for them. He voted for them in 2020 long after it was clear what Trump stood for. But make more excuses.

by Anonymousreply 521July 24, 2021 11:51 PM

I'll wait for any interview, social media post or public statement hailing Cheeto or other Trumplicans before I cancel him. Until then, he's just a guy who clearly made a stupid mistake and voted for Trump. He doesn't seem like a bad person. In fact, he's been described as a really nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 522July 24, 2021 11:58 PM

I get great vibes from him.

by Anonymousreply 523July 25, 2021 12:15 AM

I really like him. Reminds me of my friends

by Anonymousreply 524July 25, 2021 12:48 AM

Focus

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525July 25, 2021 8:32 AM

Candygram for Mongo...I mean Carl.

by Anonymousreply 526July 25, 2021 1:01 PM

[Quote] Until then, he's just a guy who clearly made a stupid mistake and voted for Trump. He doesn't seem like a bad person. In fact, he's been described as a really nice guy.

Of course there are many people who voted for Trump who are nice. They just don’t want minorities to gain any more power.

And suppose Nassib didn’t think it was a mistake and actually adores Trump?

by Anonymousreply 527July 25, 2021 1:20 PM

Flowers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528July 25, 2021 1:49 PM

Well, that’s his mistake. And the mistake of more than 74 million people, including some of my friends, neighbors, family, coworkers, and church members. I don’t require people to be just like me to love or like them. Im not that petty.

by Anonymousreply 529July 25, 2021 1:52 PM

People vote for dangerous demagogues for different reasons; they're not all racists. Sure, many of them are. How do you explain black and Latino voters for that POS? Surely, they can't be racist. Don't look for rational thought when it comes to emotional decisions.

by Anonymousreply 530July 25, 2021 2:16 PM

About 1/3 of Latinos voted for Trump, 1/5 of black men

by Anonymousreply 531July 25, 2021 3:23 PM

[quote] Well, that’s his mistake. And the mistake of more than 74 million people, including some of my friends, neighbors, family, coworkers, and church members. I don’t require people to be just like me to love or like them. Im not that petty.

That’s very nice, but that is not the same calculation that the overwhelming majority of people have to make with regard to Nassib. He’s not our friend, family member, neighbor, or coworker. We don’t know him. He came out, and to the extent that he wants or expects our support, we look at what he’s done. So far, all we can see is that he made what appears to be a “save-my-ass” donation to the Trevor Project AND aligned himself with the party that is antithetical to Trevor’s work. That’s it. This is not simply an “oh, well,” situation — no big deal. That is reserved things like people who want pineapple on their pizza, not for people who supported tRump, the Repukes, and their hateful agenda, no matter how “nice” 🙄 they are.

If the only thing I know about you is that you supported tRump, that would be a gigantic hurdle and nearly impossible to overcome.

It will interesting to hear him explain all of this — if he even cares to — when he finally sits down for an interview.

by Anonymousreply 532July 25, 2021 3:35 PM

R530, there were Jews that Suporter and actively worked with the Nazi’s until they found themselves living under the same conditions that their Jewish friends. There is always going to be people that vote against their own interests, from poor whites to black and brown voters. The black and brown people that voted for Trump are POS that feel comfortable in their place in the world and get a kick out of Trump’s authoritarian trolling of others. They bought into the bullshit. Yes, black and brown people can be racist. Where the fuck did you hear otherwise?

by Anonymousreply 533July 25, 2021 4:29 PM

"I'm a liberal Democrat, but..."

"I hate Trump as much as anyone else, but...."

Frankly, this discussion wouldn't still be happening here, at this intensity, if this guy wasn't a 6'7" 'HAWT' football player. But at least it's finally being admitted to, 500+ posts into thread #3 or #4 about him. It's really not that much different from those who find Cockgobbler Aaron Schock an 'inspiration' because he has big muscle titties (that are beginning to sag, but that's besides the point....).

by Anonymousreply 534July 25, 2021 6:45 PM

Y’all folks here can genuflect at the altar of Saint Carl all y’all want but I’ll be goddamned if I’m going going to support someone so stupid as to Stan a party which EXPLICITLY tries to strip hard-won rights away from me and my fellow homosexuals.

He came out, and made his donation to a gay charity, to slow his inevitable slide into real estate or car dealership. He’ll now land a lower-level, front office job in the NFL. Good for him for taking care of himself but damn if I’m going to cheerlead for this limp quisling. I marched in too many actual pride marches for that bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 535July 25, 2021 6:56 PM

Yeah, fuck him!!

Anon and blindfolded at a Days Inn? OK.

by Anonymousreply 536July 25, 2021 7:47 PM

R532, "save my ass" donation to Trevor Project? He didn't have to come out at all; he could have saved himself that donation. Let's face it. No matter how someone comes out or who they vote for, DLers will always shit on them for some reason. I don't remember anyone being particularly supportive of Michael Sam either and he's not a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 537July 25, 2021 9:11 PM

[Quote] Well, that’s his mistake. And the mistake of more than 74 million people, including some of my friends, neighbors, family, coworkers, and church members. I don’t require people to be just like me to love or like them. Im not that petty.

Oh, I am

by Anonymousreply 538July 26, 2021 3:35 AM

[Quote] Well, that’s his mistake. And the mistake of more than 74 million people, including some of my friends, neighbors, family, coworkers, and church members. I don’t require people to be just like me to love or like them. Im not that petty.

I don’t require people to be just like me either. For me to support them however, I do require them not to vote against my rights.

by Anonymousreply 539July 26, 2021 3:36 AM

[Quote] No matter how someone comes out or who they vote for, DLers will always shit on them for some reason.

But Nassib gave us a really good reason to shit on him.

by Anonymousreply 540July 26, 2021 3:37 AM

[Quote] It will interesting to hear him explain all of this — if he even cares to — when he finally sits down for an interview.

And isn’t it revealing that he hasn’t actually sat down for such an interview. His handlers pulled the plug on anything as soon as the MAGA shit came out. He will lay low for a while and be “reintroduced” in a few months.

by Anonymousreply 541July 26, 2021 3:38 AM

R541- he was not planning on giving interviews. In his coming out statement, he said so. Why is it so difficult to get that someone isn't a fame whore and genuinely wanted to come out?

by Anonymousreply 542July 26, 2021 3:55 AM

When was the tweet linked by OP deleted? Odd.

by Anonymousreply 543July 26, 2021 3:58 AM

[quote] he's just a guy who clearly made a stupid mistake and voted for Trump

Someone who voted for Trump in 2016 because they naively thought "at least he's better than Hillary" made a mistake.

Someone who registered as a Republican on Election Day in November 2020, after watching what Trump and the the current version of the GOP did to gays and the country at large for 4 years, made a conscious decision to align themselves with bigotry and stupidity.

One is forgivable. The other one isn't.

by Anonymousreply 544July 26, 2021 4:56 AM

[quote]How do you explain black and Latino voters for that POS?

It's because Trump was so "alpha". 🙄🤣

by Anonymousreply 545July 26, 2021 5:00 AM

[Quote] he was not planning on giving interviews. In his coming out statement, he said so. Why is it so difficult to get that someone isn't a fame whore and genuinely wanted to come out?

Of course he wants to gives interviews. The whole point, as shown by his donation, way to gain some notoriety from the announcement.

And then his MAGa connections became known so his publicity handlers immediately pulled back until the hullabaloo died down. This is classic public relations

by Anonymousreply 546July 26, 2021 11:19 AM

[Quote] How do you explain black and Latino voters for that POS?

How come Nassib’s vote can be a “simple mistake” but black and Latino voters votes for Trump be a horrendous action?

Stupidity comes in all colors

by Anonymousreply 547July 26, 2021 11:21 AM

[Quote] When was the tweet linked by OP deleted? Odd.

Nassib’s handlers is desperate to scrub the internet

by Anonymousreply 548July 26, 2021 11:23 AM

R546, so Nassib was psychic and said he will not do interviews in his original statement posted to Instagram before any Trump connections were revealed? Genius. Anyway, he can easily do friendly interviews with sports journalists who would be very sympathetic. Even if they brought up the alleged Trump vote (doubtful, as the only proof we have is that he's a registered Republican), he could say that he's not a political figure and, like any other private citizen, will not talk about his private vote. Not hard to do.

by Anonymousreply 549July 26, 2021 7:28 PM

[quote] the only proof we have is that he's a registered Republican

Exactly. We don't know he voted for Trump. He may very well have registered as a Republican on Election Day because he wanted to vote for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 550July 26, 2021 9:01 PM

I don't always understand gay republicans, but I respect their right to vote however they see fit. I have zero respect for gay Trump voters (who I consider a little bit different than regular gay republicans) but you can't save stupid.

But what I'm curious about is are there some of you who are checking voter registration cards before spreading your legs? There's a hot guy ready to mix up your guts with his big dick, but you say, "but first, before you stick it in let's talk about your voting history."

And finally, white football players tend to be conservative and republican. Even the gay ones.

by Anonymousreply 551July 26, 2021 11:24 PM

Obviously he did, R550, but no sports journalist is going to say "so you registered as a Republican. Did you vote for Trump?" I don't get the morons who think that he's hiding from interviews because his voter registration records are public. Unless he decides to interview with Out, this will never come up. He hasn't said a word about politics. ESPN would not bring it up. The reason he's not being interviewed is that he never had any intention (for the time being) to be interviewed. Instead of being the next "sideshow Michael Sam," wants to continue playing without distraction. I'm sure he'll be interviewed eventually.

by Anonymousreply 552July 26, 2021 11:38 PM

He’s smart

by Anonymousreply 553July 27, 2021 1:27 AM

[Quote] He may very well have registered as a Republican on Election Day because he wanted to vote for Biden.

Sure, Jan

by Anonymousreply 554July 27, 2021 3:16 AM

[Quote] He may very well have registered as a Republican on Election Day because he wanted to vote for Biden.

Hmmm. He registered as a Republican on Election Day and hangs out with known MAGA types…

Yes, he definitely voted for Biden!

by Anonymousreply 555July 27, 2021 3:18 AM

R552, that’s hilarious.

He came out publicly and gave $1 mill to a charity for kids…for a reason. To gain publicity and likely hope to not be cut by his team. He’s actually not that great a player so is worried what his prospects are. This was a way to get into the headlines

Every step he’s taken has been calculated and guided by professional handlers. He’s just doing what they say. The MAGA posts and the voting record caught the handlers off guard. He was planning a more public coming out.

by Anonymousreply 556July 27, 2021 3:21 AM

What MAGA posts, R556? You mean a photo posted on someone else's Instagram where one of the people was wearing a MAGA shirt? So now he's responsible for what others are wearing and posting?

Also, what $1M for a kids' charity? Why are you making shit up?

He's not getting cut by the Raiders because they signed him a year ago to a $25M, 3 year deal (which means he is in fact a good player but not necessarily a super star). If they cut him now, they have to pay him a guaranteed $10M on his way out. If they keep him, they have to pay him $4.5M for this season. Would you cut him right now and pay an extra $5.5M for nothing?

by Anonymousreply 557July 27, 2021 3:30 AM

R557, I did make a mistake—he gave $100k to a kids charity, not $1 mill.

And one of his close friends, with whom he is in a lot of pictures, is, in other pictures, waving a huge Trump flag at some rally.

Yes, Nassib is a Republican who voted for Trump and hangs around with MAGA Types.

And no, he’s actually not that good a player and three years will be up pretty soon.

Let’s not do flips trying desperately to spin this in a way that is palatable to the gay community. Why doesn’t he (and you) just admit and own it. By not addressing the elephant in the room, he comes across as a coward.

by Anonymousreply 558July 27, 2021 3:46 AM

R558, considering this is his 6th year in the NFL, he's already passed the average NFL career span (3 years) even if he's cut tomorrow. I also don't care what one of his friends did. His friend is not him.

by Anonymousreply 559July 27, 2021 3:50 AM

"This was a way to get into the headlines"

If he wanted headlines he could be hitting the talk show circuit but he hasn't done that. It's weird that we complain about athletes not coming out and then when they do we attack them by saying they only did it because they wanted publicity

by Anonymousreply 560July 27, 2021 3:54 AM

[quote] He registered as a Republican on Election Day and hangs out with known MAGA types… Yes, he definitely voted for Biden!

As was explained in one of the earlier threads, he likely registered as a Republican because he is disgusted by Trump and Trump's supporters, and he wants to do his part to defeat the MAGA cult by voting for more moderate Republicans in future Republican primaries. It makes perfect sense.

by Anonymousreply 561July 27, 2021 4:08 AM

[quote] he likely registered as a Republican because he is disgusted by Trump and Trump's supporters, and he wants to do his part to defeat the MAGA cult by voting for more moderate Republicans in future Republican primaries.

🙄 Good lord. Please tell us this was a joke. That is nothing more than outrageous speculation built on a wild assumption, and propped up by a ridiculous pretense. Talk about a reach . . . .

by Anonymousreply 562July 27, 2021 4:24 AM

Uh, uh, he registered as a Republican because he hopes the UK will one day replace its monarchy with a republic!

by Anonymousreply 563July 27, 2021 4:50 AM

Yes, and in WWII, his grandpappy joined the Nazis to save Jews! Fact!

by Anonymousreply 564July 27, 2021 5:00 AM

Someone you can definitely bring home to Mom

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565July 27, 2021 7:48 AM

Love that pic. Hot dude

by Anonymousreply 566July 27, 2021 10:08 AM

Yes, he registered as a Republican because he loves the color red. And that’s the only reason. He’s just a stupid young boy. He does what his parents tell him. He just hangs out with MAGA types but he’s definitely not one, NO NEVER!

What other reasons except the obvious can you all come up with?

by Anonymousreply 567July 27, 2021 12:52 PM

R565, the worst part is he’s actually not that hot!

And he won’t be hot when he’s drooling in the hospital room with CTE in a few years

by Anonymousreply 568July 27, 2021 12:53 PM

[Quote] I also don't care what one of his friends did. His friend is not him.

How many of your friends go to Trump MAGA rallies and wave Trump flags?

I certainly don’t have any.

by Anonymousreply 569July 27, 2021 12:54 PM

How about the obvious:

He actually likes Trump, supports Trump, vote for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 570July 27, 2021 12:55 PM

I should be shocked that his looks are used as a justification for ignoring his behavior, but then I remember recently coming across a discussion where gay men were talking about how hot Jeffrey Dahmer was.

by Anonymousreply 571July 27, 2021 12:58 PM

I have been a registered Republican for the last 46 years. I have been a lifelong Democrat. When I moved to the area that I live in I was told to register Republican because of the area and if I ever needed local politicians help I probably wouldn't get it if registered Democrat. I have never bothered to change it because I get to vote out R's that I don't like at all in the primaries. I also get all the crap mail from the R's and can see what they are doing. The last time anyone came for me to sign for someone to run for something I have apologized and told them I am really A Democrat. the look on their faces is priceless.

by Anonymousreply 572July 27, 2021 1:05 PM

[quote] I have been a registered Republican for the last 46 years. I have been a lifelong Democrat.

When you say lifelong, is it because you adopted the political affiliation of your family?

by Anonymousreply 573July 27, 2021 1:11 PM

yes

by Anonymousreply 574July 27, 2021 1:12 PM

R572, that’s great but do you think “young, stupid, does whatever his parent say” Nassib went through all those mental gymnastics.

How about Occam’s Razor: Nassib is a Trump supporter.

by Anonymousreply 575July 27, 2021 1:34 PM

DLers are hilarious.

If Nassib was holding a bloody knife over a knifed dead man, DLers would claim: he was just passing by and this random guy told Nassib to hold his knife for him.

by Anonymousreply 576July 27, 2021 1:36 PM

Butt in action

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577July 27, 2021 2:04 PM

Was hoping for one or two new excuses before the thread filled up to 600 posts, and I'm not disappointed!

"He wants to do his part to defeat the MAGA cult by voting for more moderate Republicans in future Republican primaries". That's a good one! I asked this in another thread, but is there such a thing anymore? Seems that you have to subscribe to Trumpism to even survive in today's Republican party. Miss Lindz even said so!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578July 27, 2021 3:23 PM

He seems very asexual to me.

Maybe he turns Stonewall Republicans on

by Anonymousreply 579July 27, 2021 3:27 PM

Nassib likely has a huge dildo collection.

by Anonymousreply 580July 27, 2021 3:38 PM

^ Dildo?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581July 27, 2021 4:53 PM

Calling someone a republican is a very derogatory insult.

by Anonymousreply 582July 27, 2021 5:53 PM

You KNOW the hot looking, dark haired tRump guy would send nudes.

a! a! a!

by Anonymousreply 583July 27, 2021 6:01 PM

Ready for camp.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584July 27, 2021 10:22 PM

[quote] Uh, uh, he registered as a Republican because he hopes the UK will one day replace its monarchy with a republic!

This is a lot more probably than the idea of NAssib voting for a "moderate" REpublican.

by Anonymousreply 585July 27, 2021 10:22 PM

*probable

by Anonymousreply 586July 27, 2021 10:23 PM

Smile

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587July 31, 2021 1:57 PM

Coach Gruden with a few words about Nassib.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588July 31, 2021 6:11 PM

So cool

by Anonymousreply 589July 31, 2021 6:11 PM

What makes a man a dumbass is what makes him a MAGAt. What makes a man a MAGAt is what makes him a dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 590July 31, 2021 7:10 PM

We're about to wrap this thread up. We have enough room for at least ONE more good new excuse before the thread closes.

by Anonymousreply 591July 31, 2021 7:13 PM

A historic thread for a historic milestone

by Anonymousreply 592July 31, 2021 7:33 PM

Nassib sucks as a human being

by Anonymousreply 593July 31, 2021 9:03 PM

Nassib is superior to the people attacking him here and a better person, so of course I choose him over them, hands down.

by Anonymousreply 594July 31, 2021 9:05 PM

Amen bro

by Anonymousreply 595July 31, 2021 9:09 PM

sad faces abound, r594!

by Anonymousreply 596July 31, 2021 9:09 PM

Nassib supports the political party and its leader that have done all they possibly can to block the civil rights of LGBT.

His coming out as gay has the same effect as Aaron Schock coming out. FUCK YOU

by Anonymousreply 597July 31, 2021 9:26 PM

It seems that Nassib hates himself and thinks he doesn’t deserve the same rights his straight friends and family have

by Anonymousreply 598July 31, 2021 9:27 PM

Nassib SUCKS

by Anonymousreply 599July 31, 2021 9:28 PM

FUCK the Nazi Nassib

by Anonymousreply 600July 31, 2021 9:28 PM

I will buy nothing he hawks

by Anonymousreply 601July 31, 2021 9:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!