Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What's Whoopi Worth?

Whoopi Goldberg says in this video that she had blown through all of her savings and had no money to live on when she was hired to do The View.

Today, her net worth is estimated to be $60 million.

Is that possible? Supposedly, Celebrity Net Worth and similar sites are pretty reliable, using publicly available tax, real estate and other data to estimate assets.

If Whoopi Goldberg managed to attain $60 million from leveraging her role on The View, then she's made some great business decisions in recent years.

Remember, she says she started the show with no savings at all. Joy Behar has been on The View for 25 years and her estimated net worth is half Whoopi's at $30 million.

Strangely, Sunny Hostin's net worth is only estimated to be $3 million. That seems unlikely given how long she has been on The View, plus she has done an Investigation Discovery series, writes chick lit novels, etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 23, 2021 1:23 AM

Net worth includes cash and all other assets. Maybe she had blown through all of her cash pre View, but still had less liquid investments like real estate and artwork.

by Anonymousreply 1June 22, 2021 11:21 AM

That interview clip didn't make me like her, or her daughter. Her daughter was like, "Mama, don't quit, who'll pay my bills?"

by Anonymousreply 2June 22, 2021 11:28 AM

Her annual salary for The View is $8 million. She's been on it since 2007.

by Anonymousreply 3June 22, 2021 11:30 AM

She’s so unqualified to do her job on the view. She seems checked out. Also, she is a bit racist. It’s obvious whenever she does “white girl” voice.

Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 4June 22, 2021 11:43 AM

What's a Whoopi?

by Anonymousreply 5June 22, 2021 11:45 AM

[Quote]Supposedly, Celebrity Net Worth and similar sites are pretty reliable

Complete bullshit. The site is notoriously unreliable.

by Anonymousreply 6June 22, 2021 11:47 AM

Whoopi Goldberg is not racist, racist. "White girl" voice was part of the one-woman Broadway show which brought her initial acclaim way back in the mid eighties!

Starts at 00:30

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 22, 2021 11:51 AM

WG is paid a lot more than Joy. She's an EGOT. And she's the moderator.

by Anonymousreply 8June 22, 2021 11:52 AM

Why does the moderator get paid more?

Just for saying "OK, thanks. And Sunny, what do you think?" and "We have to pay our bills, y'all. Don't go away"?

It doesn't really seem like that much extra effort, or like it requires any special skills.

Although ending every single celebrity interview with, "YOU have to come back! You don't visit enough. Come back anytime!" certainly is not something one could do without multiple acting awards under her belt.

by Anonymousreply 9June 22, 2021 12:16 PM

I have always liked Whoopi, but she does get paid a lot to say a lot of nonsense much of the time.

"And you know. That's what we do. We're here to share our views, it's the gig, and if ya like it, cool, and if ya don't like it, that's cool, too, but if ya don't like it, don't tweet me because I'm not reading your tweets. Because I don't care. Cool? OK, cool. We'll be back."

by Anonymousreply 10June 22, 2021 12:18 PM

Whoopi has to deal with personalities like Meghan McCain's for those extra ends - 'nuff said!

by Anonymousreply 11June 22, 2021 12:22 PM

[quote] What's Whoopi Worth?

About $1, and that’s being generous.

by Anonymousreply 12June 22, 2021 12:47 PM

People actually believe these bullshit websites?

by Anonymousreply 13June 24, 2021 6:36 PM

Celebrity Net Worth is bullshit. Unless you see someone's tax returns, bank statements or court docs, you don't know shit. And Whoopi supports her daughter and grandchildren.

by Anonymousreply 14June 24, 2021 6:42 PM

I'm sure a lot of money Whoopi makes goes to her manager, the talent agency, and other people on her payroll (like personal assistant - if The View doesn't provide on who is, by default, loyal to the one who pays his or her salary).

Does she have endorsements like cookware or her personal caftan line?

by Anonymousreply 15June 24, 2021 6:44 PM

r15...Not hust her business expenses....she supports her entire family and the hangers on....remember, shes a great grandmother now so her family is no longer just a few people.

by Anonymousreply 16June 24, 2021 6:47 PM

Why doesn’t anyone in Whoopi’s family get a job? It’s bizarre. The daughter claims to be an actress

by Anonymousreply 17June 24, 2021 6:51 PM

She also will take anything that comes her way...thats why you see her in endless bit and supporting roles. Those dont pay top dollar. Thats also why she is continually working.

by Anonymousreply 18June 24, 2021 6:52 PM

OP is it worth worth ?

by Anonymousreply 19June 24, 2021 9:41 PM

If she bought property in New York and LA at the right times, she could easily have tens of millions worth of real estate. I've always had a soft spot for her. She really worked her way up from nothing at a time when no one was looking for a non-beautiful Black woman. She's had career ups and downs, but keeps soldiering through--she went from an Oscar to being the center square in Hollywood Squares and and a recurring character on StarTrek Next Generation. I respect her resilience. She hasn't had an easy ride of a career and I really don't think she's a racist--I get the sense that she really appreciates the people, many of whom were white, who have helped her along the way.

by Anonymousreply 20June 24, 2021 9:51 PM

I personally know somebody who's listed on Celebrity Net Worth, though he hasn't really been a celebrity for thirty years. They say he's worth $10 million, but I know for a fact he has a few thousand in savings, social security and a SAG pension, and that's it. He even rents rather than owns his condo.

So no, those websites aren't accurate.

by Anonymousreply 21June 24, 2021 10:42 PM

[quote] Celebrity Net Worth and similar sites are pretty reliable,

These threads are shill threads trying to drive someone to click on Celebrity Net Worth.

Every few months we have threads that mention the site with very similar wording.....

by Anonymousreply 22June 24, 2021 10:47 PM

"Whoopi Goldberg Signs 4-Year Deal to Stay on 'The View'

Whoopi Goldberg is going the distance. The 65-year-old star will stay aboard on The View for four more years thanks to a newly inked deal, via The Hollywood Reporter. According to the news outlet, Whoopi will stay on for four more seasons, covering the newly launched Season 25 through Season 28."

by Anonymousreply 23September 23, 2021 12:59 AM

[quote]Celebrity Net Worth and similar sites are pretty reliable

Un, huh. They say that Judy Garland was worth tens of millions upon her death in1969 based on her long movie career.

In reality, Garland was homeless and owed the gov hundreds of thousands in back taxes.

Cheers!

by Anonymousreply 24September 23, 2021 1:23 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!