Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Which of the new chicken sandwiches is best?

Many of the major chains have one or have revamped their existing one to try to keep up with Popeyes, it would seem. The only one I've tried is the McDonalds one, which was... alright.

For those who have tried more, which one(s) are your favorite? I'd make a poll but I don't know all the chains that have recently released new chicken sandwiches, just McDonalds, Popeyes, KFC, Chick-fil-A?

by Anonymousreply 214July 21, 2021 4:46 PM

Popeyes

by Anonymousreply 1June 22, 2021 3:41 AM

Popeye's is still the best

by Anonymousreply 2June 22, 2021 3:42 AM

Popeyes #1

KFC #2

Also tried McDonalds, Chick-fil-A, and Wendy's.

Have heard good things about the BK one but have yet to try it.

by Anonymousreply 3June 22, 2021 3:45 AM

Chick-Fil-A is infamous for its on-the-record homophobic behavior. Why would any gay person give them their money? Are people really that unaware or do they just not care? They're Christian homophobes, FFS.

by Anonymousreply 4June 22, 2021 3:52 AM

#1 Chick-fil-A

#2 McDonald's

#3 Raising Cane's (not a true chicken sandwich, just two chicken tenders on a bun - but very good)

#4 Popeyes (too big and too bready)

BK, Wendy's and KFC all suck.

I haven't tried Saxby's yet.

by Anonymousreply 5June 22, 2021 3:52 AM

R4 yes, we all know, but the boycott is useless and has had zero effect, in fact seems to have helped their marketing. No sense in throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

by Anonymousreply 6June 22, 2021 3:54 AM

I would think someone's self-respect would triumph over a fucking fried chicken sandwich, but apparently not. Who said anything about an organized boycott? Just go to Popeye's if you really need that greasy chicken, R6.

by Anonymousreply 7June 22, 2021 4:02 AM

I didn't grow up with access to Chick-Fil-A. I sure as hell am not going to start eating that now.

by Anonymousreply 8June 22, 2021 4:07 AM

We’re still boycotting that shitty chick-fil-a at my house and I filled a complaint with my company that it was offensive to serve at company supplied lunches. They’re all about Diversity and Inclusion. Guess what? It worked. A memo went out that it was insensitive to our gay employees (to order CFA).

by Anonymousreply 9June 22, 2021 4:15 AM

R6 = self-hating moron

by Anonymousreply 10June 22, 2021 4:16 AM

Good for you, R9! I'm glad you spoke up and glad that it was that simple.

by Anonymousreply 11June 22, 2021 4:16 AM

R6 somehow equates not buying a shitty Chick-Fil-A sandwich from homophobes with "throwing the baby out with the bathwater." How pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 12June 22, 2021 4:19 AM

Dan Cathy, owner of Chick Fil A, donated huge amount to the National Christian Charitable Foundation, which seeks to derail an act that is going through Congress. This is a story from June 3, 2021.

[quote] The proposed act, which passed the House of Representatives with a bipartisan majority and is supported by two-thirds of Americans, would protect lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people from discrimination at a federal level.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 22, 2021 4:21 AM

Karen, the Chick-Fil-A warrior, is trolling here and doesn't give two shits about gay men other than to harrass them.

What Karen didn't tell you is that her son offed himself after attending Conversion Therapy at a camp funded by the President of Chick-Fil-A through his personal finances.

by Anonymousreply 14June 22, 2021 4:23 AM

But why, R13, would we want protection from discrimination when we can all just belly up to the Chick-Fil-A counter and eat our pride away on greasy food?

by Anonymousreply 15June 22, 2021 4:24 AM

Dan Cathy is not an ally:

[quote] the LGBTQ advocacy group Equality Matters obtained tax records which revealed that the Cathy family had donated more than $1.9 million to anti-gay groups in 2010 through the WinShape Foundation, the Cathy family’s charitable giving organization founded by Truett Cathy in 1984. Those donations included a $1.1 million gift to the Marriage & Family Foundation, a group that promoted so-called traditional marriage and opposed both gay marriage and divorce; $480,000 to the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, an athletic organization that requires applicants to agree to a “sexual purity statement” that condemns LGBTQ people for living “impure lifestyle[s]”; and $1,000 to Exodus International, a group that promotes anti-gay conversion therapy.

by Anonymousreply 16June 22, 2021 4:31 AM

I boycotted Chick Fil A for a long time. Then one day my office brought it in and I ate it, because it wasn't my money that paid for it. I can't lie, it's good. Especially those waffle fries.

Here's the thing about Chick Fil A, I have yet to drive by one where there wasn't a line wrapped around the block to get in. Either we've done a bad job of getting the message out that CFA is bad or people just don't care. I remember a few years ago Target was supposed to be bad and I don't think that stuck. And I'm kind of at the point where I just don't care.

by Anonymousreply 17June 22, 2021 5:19 AM

In a surprise move, McDonald's is updating their classic Filet-O-Fish sandwich.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 22, 2021 6:05 AM

R14 is essentially correct. The point of this thread was not to seek opinions, but to openly propagandize on behalf of Chick Fil A.

OP/R6 has also posted (on '𝐀 𝐆𝐚𝐲 𝐂𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐬𝐤𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐝𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐬'), "But if the bible is the LITERAL WORD OF GOD, you can't apply context if it changes the literal meaning of the words," as an argument that the bible says what it means, and means what it says.

Then there's the sock assist, at R5/R17.

by Anonymousreply 19June 22, 2021 6:28 AM

Popeyes definitely has the best sandwich. Shit-fil-A is so overrated.

by Anonymousreply 20June 22, 2021 6:46 AM

I LOVE the McDonald’s version, and order it with extra pickles and a side of the Hot Mustard sauce, delicious! I only do this once a week so hopefully I don’t type fat.

by Anonymousreply 21June 22, 2021 6:48 AM

R17 Nobody cares that you don’t care. If you want to support them, it’s your money.

by Anonymousreply 22June 22, 2021 6:48 AM

I don’t do regular sandwiches, only the spicy ones. Popeye’s is still the king although Burger King comes awfully close.

I have noticed that my BK ones aren’t dripping with sauce like Popeyes though.

by Anonymousreply 23June 22, 2021 7:21 AM

That's America for you - God, guns, bibles, fast food, etc. over basic human decency and respect for yourself (and your fellow human being, particularly if they are vulnerable). Sadly, It will probably never change, and the pandemic only revealed all that to be even worse.

How 'Christian'...

by Anonymousreply 24June 22, 2021 7:34 AM

😍 Love that chicken from Popeye's !

by Anonymousreply 25June 22, 2021 7:40 AM

Chcik Fil A is disgusting trash for obese flyovers.

by Anonymousreply 26June 22, 2021 7:45 AM

The mcdonalds one tastes good to me. I don't eat at chick fil a so I can't vouch for it, I tried it a couple months back and the Mcdonalds one tastes the same

by Anonymousreply 27June 22, 2021 7:49 AM

Popeyes has the better sandwich but most of the times the workers are so inept or rude that it isn’t worth it. Meanwhile I can go to Chik-fil-a and be treated like a king and get an almond as good sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 28June 22, 2021 8:03 AM

The fried chicken sammich war of 2021 reminds me of the late 80s to mid-90s, when fast food restaurants were competing to offer the best salads. Oh, how times and our diets have changed. (I still pine after the Wendy's Super Bar, btw.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 22, 2021 8:21 AM

R17 is like a high school girl caving into pressure--there are lines for Chick Fil-A, so therefore I have to eat it because no boycott will matter. Illogic 2.0.

by Anonymousreply 30June 22, 2021 11:30 AM

This is a troll thread started by Defarto. He's also trolling it with some of these idiot responses.

Troll thread.

by Anonymousreply 31June 22, 2021 11:43 AM

they tested these on a local station last week. Their 1st choice was Popeye's but said Burger King's new one tastes just like Popeye's. I think the closet Popeye's to me is at least 125 miles away so I am going to try BK.

by Anonymousreply 32June 22, 2021 11:44 AM

R7 you do you, but you aren't going to bully me into submission, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 33June 22, 2021 12:22 PM

R10 see above.

by Anonymousreply 34June 22, 2021 12:23 PM

R31 you are nuts.

by Anonymousreply 35June 22, 2021 12:25 PM

No, R33, far be it for me to get in the way of your giving money for your Chick-Fil-A sandwich to homophobic multimillionaires intent on organizing against your (and our) rights, even though you can get a greasy chicken sandwich anywhere else. You do you.

by Anonymousreply 36June 22, 2021 12:26 PM

I don't really care about Chick-Fil-A, they just are one of the restaurants that has a popular chicken sandwich. If you haven't tried it, fine, but they still exist and yes, some gay people eat there occasionally. The fact that the mere mention if it causes rabid responses (even when I didn't say I ate there at all) is totally ridiculous.

You're also falling into the trap of "I don't like x, so clearly it's awful/greasy/unhealthy/etc." which isn't true and you know it. It's silly to add these subjective things to objective reality (that they had donated to religious orgs that were anti gay) because it diminishes your overall statement and makes you look like a toddler.

by Anonymousreply 37June 22, 2021 12:30 PM

R36 you're assuming I eat there. I never said I order from them personally, but I have had them before when someone else is buying. It's just one of the places that has a chicken sandwich. Boycott them if you wish, but you aren't going to bully me into doing it by calling me names.

by Anonymousreply 38June 22, 2021 12:33 PM

Never mess with Americans and their fast food.

by Anonymousreply 39June 22, 2021 12:35 PM

I'm ignoring all comments about Chick-Fil-A in this thread now. The point is to discuss chicken sandwiches and it's been taken over by people with other agendas.

by Anonymousreply 40June 22, 2021 12:35 PM

Look, it's simple: the good folks of Chick-Fil-A hate gay people and are trying their best, with all their millions, to influence legislation against them. You either look the ither way because you don't care or you don't give them even more money that they can then use against you. I wouldn't think one's moral standards are so easily lost over a chicken sandwich.

And R36, I never called you any names. Stop acting as if you're beinf persecuted.

by Anonymousreply 41June 22, 2021 12:36 PM

R19 i have no clue what you are talking about but you are seeing phantoms, not reality.

by Anonymousreply 42June 22, 2021 12:38 PM

"You're also falling into the trap of "I don't like x, so clearly it's awful/greasy/unhealthy/etc." which isn't true and you know it. "

Sure, R37--we all know fried chicken sandwiches are good for you.

by Anonymousreply 43June 22, 2021 12:38 PM

R43 why are you posting in a thread about them if you're so convinced they're unhealthy? Just to call us all fat slobs? Start your own thread about the nutritional issues around fast food then.

by Anonymousreply 44June 22, 2021 12:40 PM

We have a Raising Cane's and their chicken is very good but I wouldn't want it on a bun. I had it with their Texas Toast and it really took away from the flavor of the chicken.

The new McDonald's chicken sandwich was kind of tough but the taste of the breading was much better than their previous sandwich. I had CFA a few years ago and it was bland, and my partner had some a couple months ago at a catered work "thank you" dinner and said the same thing. I remember I could taste the pepper in the breading but otherwise it just tasted like flour.

by Anonymousreply 45June 22, 2021 12:47 PM

R41 you called into question my self respect, called me pathetic (for the crime of disagreeing with you that the boycott mattered) and made wide assumptions about me based on MERELY MENTIONING a fucking chicken sandwich. Others called me a self-hating gay, accused me of being a sock puppet/right winger, etc. You aren't having a reasonable discussion, you're being militant, and it's not winning anyone over.

So if your point ISN'T to win me over to your side (as I'm sure you are about to say) then what IS your point? To bully me into submission.

For christ's sake, it's just a chicken sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 46June 22, 2021 12:47 PM

R55 I've only had Raising Cane's once but it was cold by the time it got to me (a friend brought it to me). Perhaps I should try it again.

I think the McDonald's sandwich would be better if they put more sauce on it. Right now it's pretty dry, like a lot of their sandwiches.

by Anonymousreply 47June 22, 2021 12:49 PM

"For christ's sake, it's just a chicken sandwich." Exactly, R46. You can get one anywhere else.

That's not the real issue, R44, and you know it. The real issue is about giving money to organized millionaire homophobes. Period. Either you're okay with it or you're not.

by Anonymousreply 48June 22, 2021 12:50 PM

R48, why the fuck are you even interacting with that diseased-brained homophobe?

by Anonymousreply 49June 22, 2021 12:51 PM

If you like Chick-fil-A's sandwich, but don't want to give your money to them, try Shake Shack's chicken sandwich. Very juicy and good quality. Popeyes is too bready and dry.

by Anonymousreply 50June 22, 2021 12:51 PM

R29 I don't remember the salad wars, but ironically McDonald's no longer offers salads at all (at least the ones near me)

by Anonymousreply 51June 22, 2021 12:51 PM

[quote]You aren't having a reasonable discussion

Neither are you, dear. You said you'd ignore all CFA comments but you're still ranting about it.

by Anonymousreply 52June 22, 2021 12:52 PM

BK's new Ch'King is identical to Popeyes. Later, I found out that BK and Popeyes are owned by the same company - so it makes sense that their chicken sandwiches are basically the same.

by Anonymousreply 53June 22, 2021 12:53 PM

You definitely want Raising Cane's hot, if you get it drive-thru or delivery, I recommend popping it in the oven for a few minutes with the fries when you get home.

by Anonymousreply 54June 22, 2021 12:54 PM

This thread is missing FAT WHORES REJOICE!

by Anonymousreply 55June 22, 2021 12:54 PM

R53 hah, I had no idea.

by Anonymousreply 56June 22, 2021 12:59 PM

I'm ordering Raising Cane's today. Will report back.

by Anonymousreply 57June 22, 2021 1:30 PM

1) Popeye's

2) Burger King's Spicy Ch'king

3) KFC

by Anonymousreply 58June 22, 2021 1:31 PM

[quote]you called into question my self respect, called me pathetic (for the crime of disagreeing with you that the boycott mattered) and made wide assumptions about me based on MERELY MENTIONING a fucking chicken sandwich. Others called me a self-hating gay, accused me of being a sock puppet/right winger, etc.

If you spend your money at Chick-Fil-A, then.... yes, to all of that. All of it. And then some.

Seriously, WTF is wrong with you that you'd willingly fund a company proven to take your money and proudly spend it oppressing and persecuting gays world-wide? For a fucking mediocre fast-food chicken sandwich?

(smh)

by Anonymousreply 59June 22, 2021 1:33 PM

R46, I didn't say you were pathetic for saying a boycott was ineffective. I said you were pathetic for saying that not getting a Chick-Fil-A sandwich was akin to "throwing thew baby out with the bathwater."

by Anonymousreply 60June 22, 2021 1:43 PM

Fat Whores, the Popeye's one is gross. Way too much breading!

by Anonymousreply 61June 22, 2021 1:53 PM

Anyone have Golden Chick? How does it compare?

by Anonymousreply 62June 22, 2021 2:38 PM

I always thought Golden Chick was a Chinese restaurant. They have chicken sandwiches?

by Anonymousreply 63June 22, 2021 7:57 PM

BK’s is quite good.

by Anonymousreply 64June 22, 2021 8:01 PM

The Wendy's Spicy is great. It's not as hot as Nashville Hot Chicken but it's got far more kick than the others. And lots of pickles. I also like it because I don't like their fries so I'm not tempted to be an EXTRA FAT WHORE and get the fries too.

by Anonymousreply 65June 23, 2021 1:14 AM

A new joint just opened up here in Boston called Underdog. Damn, their chicken sandwich is good. Even better than Popeyes.

by Anonymousreply 66June 23, 2021 1:28 AM

It's funny this thread popped up. I have a tab opened to Doordash because i'm craving a chicken sandwich. I was thinking of trying BK or Popeyes but i really hate BK's fries. As in, I can't stand them. I'm still trying to make up my mind and may end up going with McDonalds. I tried their sandwich already and I thought it was good and of course their fries are pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 67June 23, 2021 1:45 AM

Get BK’s and their onion rings, r67.

by Anonymousreply 68June 23, 2021 1:46 AM

r32 my friend thought the BK was really good but didn't care for the sauce. They closed the 2 Burger Kings closest to me but when I get to try it I am going to have them swap the sauce for mayo. I know some people don't like mayo but I think it's good on a chicken sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 69June 23, 2021 1:50 AM

r68, I thought about it but then I've been reading that BK's chicken sandwich is like Popeye's (as they are owned by the same company), which a lot of people are saying has way too much breading, so my interest has now waned for BK/Popeyes. I think I'm going with McD's.

by Anonymousreply 70June 23, 2021 1:55 AM

I think the new KFC one is really good and on par with Popeyes.

by Anonymousreply 71June 23, 2021 1:58 AM

r71 I like the KFC one best. Popeyes is great but it's almost too much which I never thought I would say.

by Anonymousreply 72June 23, 2021 2:06 AM

Chic-filet is best. I don't care how many gays have to be tortured to make one, it's worth it.

by Anonymousreply 73June 23, 2021 2:33 AM

I like the spicy Michael Cimino.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74June 23, 2021 2:39 AM

r73 troll on baby. ;)

by Anonymousreply 75June 23, 2021 2:39 AM

they all are pretty disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 76June 23, 2021 2:42 AM

I vastly prefer BK's fries to Wendy's.

Arby's new Crinkle Cut fries are great too (and their curly fries are great too)

Chick-Fil-A's waffle fries are the worst. Okay, well, maybe they're better than Wendy's fries, but with all the baggage why would anyone with a brain, a heart, or a soul actually eat there?

Culvers has great burgers and fries, but I really don't like their chicken sandwiches.

McDonald's has great fries obviously. The Chicken Sandwich is fine but nothing special. Sorta like everything else there save for the fries.

I sorta get the "too much breading" critique of Popeye's... but also sorta don't. There isn't a ton of breading but there is a nice crispy coating. It's very flavorful. It helps keep the chicken moist and tender. It is a VERY big sandwich. OPEN WIDE. But you sure get your money's worth.

The best thing about the BK Spicy chicken sandwich is that the entire filet is dipped in the hot sauce, it's not just smeared on the bun. It's really good, savory, and just spicy enough without being too spicy.

by Anonymousreply 77June 23, 2021 2:55 AM

I think the BK one is smaller than Popeyes.

by Anonymousreply 78June 23, 2021 3:12 AM

I’m not a huge Popeyes fan because of their breading. Their tenders and regular fried chicken are way too breaded and crispy. I like the sandwich though, but it’s a bit too saucy for me. I want to try the BK one sometime. Chick-Fil-A’s sandwiches always seem too soggy to me. I think it’s the stupid bag they put them in.

by Anonymousreply 79June 23, 2021 9:23 AM

I tried a Burger King Ch'King yesterday because of this thread and it was really good. Maybe a little much on the breading but there was a lot of meat in that sandwich. If the Popeye's sandwich is even bigger than this I can see why people say it's too much, because this was already pretty big.

by Anonymousreply 80June 24, 2021 11:30 AM

1. Chick-Fil-A 2. Bojangles 3. Burger King 4. KFC 5. Popeyes

by Anonymousreply 81June 24, 2021 11:44 AM

is the BK sandwich real spicy? hot?

by Anonymousreply 82June 24, 2021 11:51 AM

Ah the fast-food and Chick-fil-A queens are back. Have at it ladies! Just don't forget the douche...

by Anonymousreply 83June 24, 2021 12:06 PM

R81 woke up today and chose violence.

And violence they shall receive and shall deserve.

by Anonymousreply 84June 24, 2021 2:39 PM

R84 MARY!

by Anonymousreply 85June 24, 2021 10:05 PM

I mean, I feel so alone on DL when I miss Chipotle. It's all deep fried with these queens.

by Anonymousreply 86June 24, 2021 10:49 PM

Well, R86, what do you expect from a bunch of dizzy chickens?

by Anonymousreply 87June 25, 2021 12:40 AM

This is thread is why I went vegan.

by Anonymousreply 88June 25, 2021 3:10 AM

For a while where I live, we only had Chick-fil-a. Meh.

Then we got Popeye's. The first fried-chicken sandwich that was worth the calories. It's larger and tastier than CFA and doesn't involve financially supporting a homophobe.

The others are Johnny-come-latelies. Haven't tried McDonalds' but I don't expect much. Burger King has disappeared here for a while, but I don't see them having a commitment to a good fried-chicken sandwich. We don't have a KFC, which is the only possible other contender as far as I can see.

by Anonymousreply 89June 25, 2021 3:16 AM

McDonald's sandwiches are good if you have them double the sauces. For example the quarter pounder with cheese, but with double ketchup and added onions. Unfortunately their new improved chicken sandwich doesn't have that option in the menu to double the sauce 😭

I have not tried the KFC one yet but lately I have been deluged with ads for it on Twitter and the photo for it, at least, looks amazing.

by Anonymousreply 90June 25, 2021 3:23 AM

Popeyes followed by KFC.

BK's isn't horrible.

The McDonald's offerings are a joke. But all their chicken sandwiches are garbage anyway. Too overly processed and probably 50% soy.

by Anonymousreply 91June 25, 2021 3:34 AM

I haven't had the BK spicy chicken yet, but it's actually RED in the picture on the menu, like spicy cheetos. I wonder if it's EXTRA spicy? And like some others above, I definitely prefer BK fries to others (especially Wendy's).

by Anonymousreply 92June 25, 2021 3:48 AM

I remember liking Burger King's Spicy Crispy Chicken Sandwich, but it's been a few years since I've had one and don't know if it's the same.

I've tried KFC's, and it was good, but I hope I remember to ask them to hold the pickles if I try it again.

Jack-in-the-Box's Spicy Chicken Sandwich is my favorite -- appreciate the fresh tomato, leaf lettuce, and lack of pickles.

by Anonymousreply 93June 25, 2021 5:03 AM

[quote]I remember liking Burger King's Spicy Crispy Chicken Sandwich, but it's been a few years since I've had one and don't know if it's the same.

It isn't. The BK chicken sandwiches are all new, and very recent.

[quote]I haven't had the BK spicy chicken yet, but it's actually RED in the picture on the menu, like spicy cheetos.

BK is the only one that dips the entire filet in their spicy sauce, instead of just smearing it on the bun. It's not too spicy, just a nice little bit of heat and a very good flavor.

by Anonymousreply 94June 25, 2021 1:25 PM

The sandwiches are competing with Chik Fil A not Popeyes.

by Anonymousreply 95June 25, 2021 1:44 PM

R95 Popeyes started the recent trend.

TBH I don't think Chick Fil A's are AMAZING, they're alright but the new sandwich trend is a step up from that.

by Anonymousreply 96June 25, 2021 2:03 PM

No, R95, they're all competing with Popeye's. That's why they're ripping off Popeye's directly.

No decent person gives a shit about Chik-Fil-A's bigot chicken.

by Anonymousreply 97June 25, 2021 2:35 PM

They know that CFA's chicken isn't really that good, that it's mostly hype. Popeye's is genuinely good, so they're doing knockoffs of Popeye's.

by Anonymousreply 98June 25, 2021 2:58 PM

I'm curious to try Mr. Chicken's chicken sandwich they came out with a few years ago. I moved out of Cleveland a decade ago, but next time I am headed out that way I will make it a point to try one. Orlando baking company's buns are great. They're the same ones Chef Michael Symon uses in his restaurant, The B Spot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99June 25, 2021 3:00 PM

I forgot to add, I wanted to like Popeye's chicken sandwich, but it's just way too over seasoned for my tastes. It's a salt, msg and spice bomb.

by Anonymousreply 100June 25, 2021 3:05 PM

Chip fil a is the best

by Anonymousreply 101June 25, 2021 3:15 PM

A note about Chick-fil-A, even though the religious zealot who owns the company might be a anti-gay, the one in my neighborhood employs obvious gays and a lot of minorities. It's always young people working there. Gives jobs to teens and young adults so could be ageist but their stores do employ the LGBT community. So I do occasionally get something there, maybe a few times a year.

by Anonymousreply 102June 25, 2021 3:16 PM

Holy crap, I just noticed both BK and McDonalds took their grilled chicken sandwiches off their menu.

by Anonymousreply 103June 25, 2021 3:17 PM

The grilled chicken sandwiches disappeared around here about a year ago, r103. I assumed they would come back when the lockdowns lifted but no such luck. No grilled chicken from fast food places is really cramping my lifestyle!

by Anonymousreply 104June 25, 2021 3:24 PM

Pollo Campero has a new chicken sandwich and you can get either grilled or fried. I actually think their grilled tastes better than the fried. It has more slices and the zing of lime.

Popeye's sandwich was great when it was first introduced. The BS that the sandwich "sold out" nationwide was just that. They only planned enough for so long and then come back with a cheaper (for them) version. It's not as big as it used to be, and the breast isn't as thick. I remember an article in maybe Insider that said the calorie count on the menu was reduced.

I wish Gus' had a sandwich. There are no KFCs, Wendy's, or McDonalds near me and Popeye's is a bit of a drive. I won't go to Chik-Fil-A so for me it's Pollo Campero.

by Anonymousreply 105June 25, 2021 3:42 PM

Bojangles is best

by Anonymousreply 106June 25, 2021 4:41 PM

The Grilled Chicken sandwiches just didn't sell.

I know I stopped even trying to order them from McDonald's because if I did, it was always old and dried out, because it was cooked an hour ago and nobody else bought one before me. Ugh.

The best chicken sandwich in history was KFC's "Tender Roast" Chicken Sandwich. It's long, long gone now (like, a decade ago?) but my god, it was superior to everything before or since.

by Anonymousreply 107June 25, 2021 5:12 PM

I just wonder, for the fat whores who whine that people are so MEAN to them for going to Chik Fil A.....

Do you sit at home and repeatedly punch yourself in the face?

Because that's what you're doing if you send those assholes your money.

by Anonymousreply 108June 25, 2021 5:15 PM

R108 no one's whined about it, just mentioned there's some very aggressive trolls such as yourself that crawl out of the woodwork whenever the name is mentioned. Obviously it's true because you felt the need to post and attack people again.

by Anonymousreply 109June 25, 2021 5:20 PM

In most of America, CFA is wildly popular and has a huge cult following. I haven’t seen people being mean to its patrons

by Anonymousreply 110June 25, 2021 5:42 PM

R109 I am new to this thread, toots, and I'm hardly "aggressive."

But it will forever puzzle me as to why any gay man with even a modicum of sense would spend money there.

by Anonymousreply 111June 25, 2021 5:57 PM

R111 you just crawled out of the woodwork to attack people about Chick-Fil-A. It'a irrlevant that you are new to the thread . You are making my point for me. Everything you said has been said, ad infinitum, earlier in the thread, so you're just here to attack.

Save your ire for Chick-Fil-A.

by Anonymousreply 112June 25, 2021 6:01 PM

R112 Hiss!!!!!

HISSSSSSSSSSS!

by Anonymousreply 113June 25, 2021 6:03 PM

R113 You're cute. I don't love Chick-Fil-A. I'm just calling out the shrill bullies such as yourself who seem to think they have to attack gay people to force them to do what they want. Save your groupthink for your peer group, or for the next queen who visits a tropical island during a pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 114June 25, 2021 6:08 PM

I worked at both BK and A&W in the very early 90's. This was right around the time fast food chains were being required to share the nutritional information on their products. I don't think most customers realized this at the time, but BK's grilled chicken had as much fat as their Whoppers. The frozen processed chicken patties were coated with shortening to keep them from drying out as they went through the broiler. Add in the mayo, which they came with by default, and you're right back up there in terms of fat content.

A&W's grilled (well, griddled) chicken sandwiches were actually really good. They were whole, not processed and formed, chicken breasts packed in a mixture of oil, seasonings and spices. Their trick to keeping them incredibly moist and tender was that after cooking them they would go into a heated broth/brine until someone ordered one. They were also served on a whole wheat bun. If you ordered them sans mayo (they offered packets of fat free mayo as well), they really weren't that bad for you.

by Anonymousreply 115June 25, 2021 6:12 PM

[quote]I don't love Chick-Fil-A.

You said two days ago you were going to ignore all comments about CFA but you never did, you just keep posting. We know you think anonymous people complaining about them on Datalounge is unfair to the business. You've said so 17 or 18 times, we get it. After about the third time, your comments went from opinion to trolling, and at this point no amount of claiming you don't like CFA will get people to believe you honestly don't like CFA.

by Anonymousreply 116June 25, 2021 6:23 PM

This review for DQ's chicken sandwich goes south real quick when he points out the dripping mayo on the sandwich reminds him of a creampie and when he walked in on his ex-wife getting creampied...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117June 25, 2021 6:24 PM

Surprise amazing chicken sandwich: Cheesecake Factory has fried chicken sliders as an appetizer and they rival the best of them.

My other favorites are Shake Shack and Popeyes. Chik Fil A is good, but not so good that it's worth funding hate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118June 25, 2021 6:30 PM

R114 is tedious an annoying... so much heat for self-respecting LGBT people pointing out that any LGBT person (or ally) that helps fund anti-LGBT persecution around the world is a self-loathing hypocritical piece of shit (this is a basic fact that cannot be argued, sorry) is the REAL bully, not Chick-Fil-A and its policies. No, no, must always defend the RWNJs and anti-gay BIGOTS, and must always defend self-loathing pieces of trash that put a mediocre chicken sandwich over basic human rights for people like themselves.

If you're LGBT and eat at Chick-Fil-A, there's something deeply wrong with you. And if you claim to be an LGBT-Ally and eat at Chick-Fil-A, then you're lying to yourself. And the rest of the world. You're no ally.

Actions have consequences. If you can't even be bothered to stop helping fund anti-gay bigotry by simply avoiding a mediocre fast food place when there are TONS of other, better options, then WTF is even your problem? Stop whining.

People like R112/R114 are the REAL "Shrill Bullies", trying to silence truth and self-respect.

by Anonymousreply 119June 25, 2021 7:43 PM

I'm Canadian so I've never even seen a Chick Fil A or whatever before...

I'm wondering how many of the people bitching about other Americans going to that place actually spend their money at gay owned businesses.

by Anonymousreply 120June 25, 2021 8:14 PM

R119 - I don't patronize CFA and joke (but not bully) about the queens that eat there but in terms of the occasional deep fry, I do sometimes give in to KFC out here in Eastern Europe because of the breast fillets that are fried with a usual seasonings plus an extra dash of paprika. In the US, I also have the occasional Jack in the Box spicy sandwich (I eat it with only half the bun). However, if, as one poster pointed out, I would see that yes, they employ and give decent wages and benefits to gay men, then I would be supporting that particular store. At the same time, I am more of a Chipotle queen and I have seen lots of gay Latinos work there which is why, besides being a healthier (and, for me, tastier) choice, I prefer that. And then the most important question is how do we REALLY know who is our ally or just virtue signaling? For all I know, the owners of any ethnic or American or shoul food restaurant in LA could secretly be agaisnt us. At this point, what is real and what is virtue signaling?

by Anonymousreply 121June 25, 2021 8:18 PM

[quote] If you're LGBT and eat at Chick-Fil-A, there's something deeply wrong with you.

Amen, sister.

by Anonymousreply 122June 25, 2021 8:18 PM

[quote] how do we REALLY know who is our ally or just virtue signaling? For all I know, the owners of any ethnic or American or shoul food restaurant in LA could secretly be agaisnt us. At this point, what is real and what is virtue signaling?

You have a small point - we have seen this with companies who celebrate Pride but have also supported unfriendly political candidates.

But not spending money with CFA, a company that is AS CLEAR AS THE MOTHERFUCKING SUN IN THE MOTHERFUCKING SKY about its antigay stances, a company that has given money to organizations that support the murder of gay people overseas, is not "virtue signaling." It's called SELF PRESERVATION.

by Anonymousreply 123June 25, 2021 8:20 PM

R116 it's ok to admit you're obsessed and in love with me. Go on. You'll feel better.

by Anonymousreply 124June 25, 2021 10:32 PM

R119 yet I'm not the one writing seven paragraph diatribes...

by Anonymousreply 125June 25, 2021 10:35 PM

R120 Very few. It's much easier for them to spew performative outrage than it is to actually do anything that helps gay people. One doesn't require action other than bullying - which they enjoy. The other does.

I'm mainly just very, very against the bully culture on social media. It causes me to feel sympathy for people, like Meghan Markle, who otherwise I probably wouldn't even notice or really care about.

I thought the gays who went on vacations during the pandemic were dumb, but the reaction on social media to them caused me to feel sympathy for them. And people can call me whatever they want, it doesn't make it true.

by Anonymousreply 126June 25, 2021 10:41 PM

R118 ooh, I'm going to have to try the Cheesecake Factory one. Their food is actually quite good.

by Anonymousreply 127June 25, 2021 10:43 PM

[quote]I'm wondering how many of the people bitching about other Americans going to that place actually spend their money at gay owned businesses.

Whataboutism isn't an argument, or an own. Stop it.

by Anonymousreply 128June 26, 2021 2:50 AM

[quote]I'm mainly just very, very against the bully culture on social media. It causes me to feel sympathy for people, like Meghan Markle, who otherwise I probably wouldn't even notice or really care about.

Sounds like a character flaw on your part. You can't seem to distinguish between action and reaction. You feel sorry for the ACTUAL bully, because the people they bully actually stand up for themselves and fight back.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

by Anonymousreply 129June 26, 2021 2:52 AM

r129 I'm blocking you, but I wanted you to know it was because you're an idiot. Mewl to the winds! That is all ❤️

by Anonymousreply 130June 26, 2021 3:11 AM

r104 the Wendy's grilled chicken sandwich is better than the regular ones

by Anonymousreply 131June 26, 2021 5:58 AM

R130 is very confused about who the actual idiot is.

by Anonymousreply 132June 26, 2021 6:57 AM

What kind of a low self esteem gay asshole would eat at Chik-Fil A??? Any gay who does should be banished to the middle east

by Anonymousreply 133June 26, 2021 7:01 AM

R133 - honey, that would be about 95% of DL.

by Anonymousreply 134June 26, 2021 9:00 AM

r133 welcome to Our Thread. You can see there is no "P" in it. Please keep it that way.

by Anonymousreply 135June 27, 2021 7:07 PM

So I finally had a spicy chicken sandwich from BK today. For me it was too big and too spicy. But I suppose those are the things that would recommend it to most people.

by Anonymousreply 136June 27, 2021 8:15 PM

lol r136 these are the reasons i have stopped myself from trying it out. on many occasions.

by Anonymousreply 137June 27, 2021 8:41 PM

You’re sick, speculating about the underage this way!

by Anonymousreply 138June 27, 2021 9:12 PM

I assume that most of you queens that talk fried chicken and chicken sandwiches aren't from LA...and, no, I am no snob but we have our own cult classic places all over town from the Westside to the valley and they are lower priced hole in the wall places and there is no real need for all the fried fare. For example, in Reseda I would go to Melody's where the Mexican fare ranges from soup to the unhealthy or to Sol Y Luna in Woodland Hills. There are obscure Korean, Mexican, Thai, Jewish and American places that you can eat at and even markets and you are sure to meet at least one gay man.

by Anonymousreply 139June 27, 2021 11:00 PM

R139 that is great but the topic is which of the new fast food sandwiches are the best. We have local restaurants here too that are better but that’s not the point.

by Anonymousreply 140June 28, 2021 4:47 AM

Tonight I accidentally got the spicy BK chicken sandwich because they gave me the wrong thing, and it was fine, but not nearly as good as the regular. It's not spicy at first but halfway through it really builds and becomes too much, and there's too much sauce.

by Anonymousreply 141June 28, 2021 7:51 AM

[/quote] For me it was too big and too spicy.

I assume Latinos aren't your type.

by Anonymousreply 142June 28, 2021 6:28 PM

I'm hungry now, but r142 is thirsty.

by Anonymousreply 143June 28, 2021 6:34 PM

I was going to try the BK spicy chicken sand but then i read the whole thing is dipped in sauce (wth?) and is really messy. Kind of sounds like a Buffalo type sauce.

by Anonymousreply 144June 29, 2021 1:46 AM

Ok, my order for mexican food got stolen by another customer before my Dasher could pick up the order, so i changed my mind and got the Popeye's spicy chicken sandwich. I have to say, I was fairly disappointed, especially after all the hype. i will not be re-ordering, not all that tasty honestly. And since Burger King is owned by the same company, i'll pass on theirs as well. I wish Wendy's was closer to me - I'd like to try it.

by Anonymousreply 145June 29, 2021 5:26 AM

r145 the Wendy's is bland. I miss the old Wendy's chicken sandwich from the 80's, in high school I would get a chicken sandwich and a frosty and it was so good. Now I order their grilled chicken sandwich, that is pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 146June 30, 2021 11:06 PM

[quote] I was going to try the BK spicy chicken sand but then i read the whole thing is dipped in sauce (wth?) and is really messy. Kind of sounds like a Buffalo type sauce.

Can't you ask them to hold the sauce?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147June 30, 2021 11:29 PM

"Hold the sauce" is just asking for the regular chicken sandwich, not the spicy one, R147. I mean, DUH.

by Anonymousreply 148July 1, 2021 10:05 PM

Had BK sandwich today. No sauce. It was okay. Not very juicy. Tries to imitate CFA, but not nearly as flavorful and juicy

by Anonymousreply 149July 1, 2021 10:16 PM

ANAS in Istanbul. Duh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150July 2, 2021 12:40 AM

Did I hear jerked chicken?

by Anonymousreply 151July 2, 2021 12:47 AM

CFA has the best chicken sandwich and their customer service is leaps and bounds above every other fast food place. They didn’t become the #1 chicken chain in America for nothing.

by Anonymousreply 152July 2, 2021 12:52 AM

R152 = tedious anti-gay asshat

by Anonymousreply 153July 2, 2021 1:28 AM

It's been a couple years since I had CFA - and I can't recall if it was the regular or spicy one. I really can't recall if it was GREAT, but it was acceptable. It was a place that was close to my house. I think it's ridiculous that it's closed on Sundays.

by Anonymousreply 154July 2, 2021 1:31 AM

I like the KFC sandwich best. We finally got a CFA and they have been lined up since, I can see how others would like to compete with them.

by Anonymousreply 155July 2, 2021 12:47 PM

Forgot to say we also recently got Popeyes and they are really popular too. So they are also competing with that.

by Anonymousreply 156July 2, 2021 12:57 PM

Which has least amount of sodium?

by Anonymousreply 157July 2, 2021 12:58 PM

Fast food will kill you. Enjoy your sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 158July 2, 2021 1:13 PM

r158 you MARY! Fast food once in awhile is not killing anyone.

by Anonymousreply 159July 2, 2021 1:16 PM

I’ve tried most and Popeyes is still the best. Then KFC, BK and Wendy’s. McDonald’s is easily the worst. It’s so rubbery and tasteless and not even crispy.

by Anonymousreply 160July 2, 2021 1:26 PM

Bojangles is best. Love the Cajun spice

by Anonymousreply 161July 2, 2021 1:45 PM

I don't like how they get steamed in those bags, they ared best if you eat them right away but hard to do when you do drive thru.

by Anonymousreply 162July 2, 2021 2:21 PM

CFA has every other major fast food restaurant chain in a chicken sandwich frenzy.

by Anonymousreply 163July 2, 2021 2:22 PM

No, R163, it's Popeye's that caused this frenzy, that's why everyone is trying to copy them.

by Anonymousreply 164July 2, 2021 2:25 PM

Popeyes caused the frenzy, but CFA is the leader in sales and customer reviews

by Anonymousreply 165July 2, 2021 2:30 PM

[quote] No, [R163], it's Popeye's that caused this frenzy, that's why everyone is trying to copy them.

No. The only reason Popeyes created their chicken sandwich in a bag is because of CFA’s popularity. They weren’t counting on it exploding the way that it did, but when it did, other chains followed suit. However, the genesis of the current chicken sandwich craze is with CFA.

by Anonymousreply 166July 2, 2021 2:32 PM

I had only had CFA on a vacation to Florida (was with others who stopped there). We never had one here and recently got 3 which are all busy. Our only Popeyes was in a scary area but now we got 3 new Popeyes too and they are also busy. I rarely buy that kind of food but the drive throughs for those and Culver's are so busy when I drive by.

by Anonymousreply 167July 2, 2021 2:41 PM

My point was that somebody is eating all that fast food even though most people claim not to. I have a mom and pop diner by my house so when I do go out I usually eat there or pick up a pizza somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 168July 2, 2021 2:44 PM

Popeyes had a shortterm frenzy around the launch of its sandwich, but CFA has that type of hype longterm, every day at its locations. The lines are unreal

by Anonymousreply 169July 2, 2021 2:44 PM

I had CFA yesterday (the spicy version) and i thought it was easily the saltiest chicken sandwich i've had. Don't get me started on their waffle "fries" - I stopped ordering those years ago.

Had the spicy Popeye's the week before, and nothing to write home about, honestly. Next time i get a hankering for a chicken sandwich, i will try KFC.

by Anonymousreply 170July 2, 2021 11:35 PM

I don't eat in my car so by the time I bring home a sandwich it seems to get more soggy. Last week was with a friend and went to McDonalds drive thru (in his car) and he pulled over and I ate the chicken sandwich as soon as I got it and it was crisp. But the McDonalds sandwich tastes like their old chicken sandwich, it is not that exciting.

by Anonymousreply 171July 2, 2021 11:42 PM

I grew up with Chick-Fil-A just being in malls and it was a special treat. Always thought it was delicious and was really upset to learn that the company is made up of homophobes. I cut it out cold turkey and switched to Popeye's, Raising Cane's, KFC, or Zaxby's whenever I had a chicken craving. The Popeye's sandwich is easily the best. It's not even a contest.

Also, Chick-Fil-A might have been tasty, but it always gave me the worst gas and stomach problems. The worst experience I ever had bottoming was right after eating some of that bullshit of theirs. The real hate crime is what Chick-Fil-A does to a bottom's butt hole.

by Anonymousreply 172July 2, 2021 11:51 PM

Most Americans love salty

by Anonymousreply 173July 2, 2021 11:52 PM

Not me r173. It was so salty (the CFA spicy) that i was glad i had ordered Polynesian dipping sauce to cut the salt. I don't know how the remember the regular CFA sandwich is; it's been years since I had the regular one. And like I said, I had Popeye's spicy last week and didn't think it was anything special. Maybe the regular sandwich is better?

I don't know why i've been having a craving for chicken sandwiches - i don't watch TV (or at least not the commercialized kind, i stream my content). But plan on trying KFC if i get a hankering next week.

by Anonymousreply 174July 3, 2021 12:09 AM

CFA seems very regional. I dont remember people being so enthusiastic about them in the midwest compared to the DMV area/south. Here in the DMV, people are raving like its god’s gift to food and I suspect the hype here has a placebo effect. With that said, its ok. I dont find it any better than the new mcdonalds or kfc. I like the wendys crispy spicy jalapeno enough that I might pass by if I am near one. But if i am craving for one, mcdonalds will do, its just a sandwich.

by Anonymousreply 175July 3, 2021 12:18 AM

Yeah, i actually think McD's new deluxe chicken sandwich has a decent flavor to it, but i seem to be in the minority. I've also heard (or watched) a blind taste test where the guy thought that #2 was a 4.6 out of 5. He was really going on and on about how good it was. If it was nearby, i'd definitely try it.

by Anonymousreply 176July 3, 2021 12:26 AM

^^ Sorry #2 was Wendy's and he thought it was really good.

by Anonymousreply 177July 3, 2021 12:27 AM

I'm really not a fan of Wendy's Chicken Sandwiches. I used to get the when they were 2 for $5 during the pandemic, because at that price, they were fine. When it's just one for $5, no thanks.

by Anonymousreply 178July 3, 2021 12:47 AM

Our local newspaper did a taste test with employees and they voted the BK best.

by Anonymousreply 179July 3, 2021 12:54 AM

CFA isn’t all that. It’s alway soggy! I’ll order the BK one soon but have them hold the sauce. The Popeyes one is a bit too saucy as well.

by Anonymousreply 180July 6, 2021 9:26 AM

CFA is not soggy

by Anonymousreply 181July 6, 2021 12:16 PM

[quote]Many of the major chains have one or have revamped their existing one to try to keep up with Popeyes

Over COVID out of boredom I went and compared the sandwiches from CFA and Popeyes and others. (Yeah, I type fat). You know what? They all suck. And you know what? Any non-chain restaurant who jumps on the chicken sandwich train is way better. Fast food is so low quality, why even bother?

by Anonymousreply 182July 6, 2021 1:03 PM

I tried the BK Spicy Chicken somewhere around Oklahoma City last week and like some others here, I found it to be too much. When I unwrapped it and saw what a mess it was, dripping with a mix of oil and sauce that the bun was no match for, I immediately regretted my order. However somehow I was able to choke it down 100%. I have been sampling the chicken sandwiches at a rate of one every three weeks, but I'm going to give the BK six weeks because it was egregiously oily.

I first had the McDonald's new Spice Chicken sandwich in March in Texarkana, and I was blown away. It was fried, yet not oily at all. There were two dime-sized dots of sauce on the bun beneath two dime-sized pickle slices, which was slightly disappointing, but too little sauce is better than flooding it with sauce (and it's usually one or the other, never a proportionate amount) so I was satisfied with it. I ordered it again in April and it still hit the mark, however, I ordered one a month ago and it was saturated with oil, not crispy, and they 'forgot' the pickles and sauce altogether. Eating it wasn't worth the cholesterol and I doubt I will ever order one again. These were all different locations around the southern Plains.

Where to begin with CFA? When I had my son I often took him to the local library (Frisco, TX) and they had a special area just for babies-preschool, like most libraries. It was a very defined space, literally fenced off and you had to speak to the librarian to be admitted. CFA apparently donated a lot of money to this specific play area and there was a CFA logo (among a few others) on the wall and a TV lottery-style giant check displayed on the wall that said something like 'Pay to the order of Frisco Public Library Ready to Read program, $10,000' signed CFA. It's been a few years but if I recall correctly, they had CFA pretend-food for the kids to play with. I was pretty shocked that this was in a public library. When my son started school it was as bad or worse. CFA gave kid's meal voucher cards in preschool, and in Kindergarten they partnered with PTA so that when PTA wanted to do small, low-effort fundraisers in between their huge, obnoxious fundraisers, they would tell everyone to go eat at CFA on such and such night and CFA would donate 15% of the proceeds back to the elementary school PTA. This is several times a year. And teachers here fill out a form at the beginning of the year that we're all sent which tells everyone the teachers' favorite gifts from a dozen different categories-- (favorite bath and body works scent, favorite candy, favorite Starbucks drink, favorite fast food, their Amazon account so you can send them Amazon gift cards) favorite fast food is always CFA! And everyone scratches their heads and wonders why kids are getting so fat. It's like Frisco Schools, brought to you by Chik fil-A!

Right out of Idiocracy.

by Anonymousreply 183July 6, 2021 3:04 PM

I think kids are fat because they don't exercise. Fast Food in moderation isn't going to kill anyone. Kids don't play anymore. Kids are always in front of screens, they're not outside running around and doing silly stuff. And this is being posted by a GenXer who was raised by TV.

by Anonymousreply 184July 6, 2021 3:11 PM

R184, there are many reasons and a sedentary lifestyle is high on the list. My point is that it is nasty of CFA to try to hook very young kids by bringing their swag into public schools and libraries, and grooming kids from toddler age that CFA is a force for good. Luckily mine sees through their bullshit. But many don't.

I've noticed regular people who didn't grow up in places with CFA typically aren't impressed with CFA, which is probably why they want a stranglehold people literally from infancy. It's very Emperor Has No Clothes.

by Anonymousreply 185July 6, 2021 3:25 PM

You don’t expect CFA or any chain restaurant to seek to get the newest generation hooked on their food? It’s capitalism

by Anonymousreply 186July 6, 2021 3:29 PM

I suppose you're right, R186. But it's still one more reason CFA sucks ass.

by Anonymousreply 187July 6, 2021 3:40 PM

The BK Chicken Sandwich is NOT "egregiously oily"... you apparently just got a bad one.

by Anonymousreply 188July 7, 2021 12:05 AM

I don't know why pickles on a chicken sandwich is a thing but I usually order with no pickles. I would rather have mayo with no pickles but must be people like the bare sandwiches with just pickles.

by Anonymousreply 189July 7, 2021 2:14 AM

Blame Chick-Fil-A.

by Anonymousreply 190July 7, 2021 2:24 AM

Mayo is vile

by Anonymousreply 191July 7, 2021 2:41 AM

If you could only have one fried chicken sandwich a month, would you have the BK Crispy Chicken or Wendy's Crispy Chicken?

Are they close to coming up with vegan or vegetarian realistic fried chicken?

by Anonymousreply 192July 7, 2021 3:35 AM

If I wasn't clear, if you could only have one fried chicken sandwich a month and your big fried chicken sandwich day was on the horizon, of those two options, which would you choose?

by Anonymousreply 193July 7, 2021 3:37 AM

R1 & R2 are correct. And why is Popeyes the best? Because they have the absolute best chicken. It's moist, tender, and so well-seasoned, that doesn't even need additional condiments. No other fast food chain can touch Popeyes. It's superior.

by Anonymousreply 194July 7, 2021 3:42 AM

Popeyes does have better chicken than KFC, by miles. But as far as chicken sandwiches go, CFAs are still the best. And the spicy one? Fuggeddaboudit.

by Anonymousreply 195July 7, 2021 3:49 AM

R191, Mayo is awesome. I don't understand how people eat sandwiches without Mayo. You like your sandwiches fucking DRY and FLAVORLESS? Mayo adds both moisture and brings out flavor. It ain't a sandwich worth eating without mayo on it.

by Anonymousreply 196July 7, 2021 6:08 AM

[quote]CFAs are still the best.

They fucking are not.

by Anonymousreply 197July 7, 2021 6:08 AM

R192, the BK Chicken Sandwich wins over Wendy's, no contest.

And they already have fake-chicken McNuggets. I imagine that full on Chicken Sandwiches aren't too far behind. Though it may take a while to perfect.

by Anonymousreply 198July 7, 2021 6:10 AM

Mayo is for fat white people. Ewww

by Anonymousreply 199July 7, 2021 10:19 PM

I like the honey mustard they put on the Wendy's grilled chicken sandwich but it doesn't go with everything.

by Anonymousreply 200July 7, 2021 10:43 PM

Mayo is for anyone with taste.

Some woman at work goes off on how she HATES "Mayo", but loves "Aioli" ... WHICH IS JUST FUCKING MAYONNAISE. Some people are so stupid.

Like that girl who hated "mayonnaise", but loved "mayo". Seriously. If the package said "Mayo", she's love it, but if it spelled the whole word out, she'd turn up her nose. No amount of telling her it's the same fucking thing could get through her thick skull.

There's just something WRONG with mayo-haters.

by Anonymousreply 201July 8, 2021 4:29 AM

Mayonnaise is sublime. Ignore the troll.

by Anonymousreply 202July 8, 2021 4:35 AM

I dip my fries in it!

by Anonymousreply 203July 8, 2021 4:38 AM

The old McDonald's "Southern Style Chicken Sandwich" (R.I.P.) was better than Chick-Fil-A. And cheaper too.

by Anonymousreply 204July 8, 2021 4:39 AM

True r204 and I liked it better than the new McDonalds chicken sandwich

by Anonymousreply 205July 8, 2021 4:45 AM

[quote]The old McDonald's "Southern Style Chicken Sandwich" (R.I.P.) was better than Chick-Fil-A. And cheaper too.

No it wasn't. A total knockoff, yes, but not better.

by Anonymousreply 206July 8, 2021 4:48 PM

You have to love DataLounge - where a post about fastfood chicken sammies and tuna casserole can get HUNDREDS of comments. I love you FAT WHORESl

by Anonymousreply 207July 10, 2021 5:29 AM

McDonald’s southern sandwich was not good, which is why the masses rejected it. They should hired real southerners from Bojangles or CFA to develop a real southern sandwich

by Anonymousreply 208July 10, 2021 12:38 PM

[quote]No it wasn't. A total knockoff, yes, but not better.

It absolutely was better.

[quote]McDonald’s southern sandwich was not good

I preferred it to every other chicken sandwich they ever had, and it was priced right too.

by Anonymousreply 209July 11, 2021 12:10 AM

How about nuggets? I still like McDonald's best.

by Anonymousreply 210July 11, 2021 12:41 AM

[quote]It absolutely was better.

And again, it was not. Not even close.

by Anonymousreply 211July 11, 2021 1:31 AM

McD’s chicken sandwich is revolting.

by Anonymousreply 212July 11, 2021 4:47 AM

Gianni orders 50 minis at CFA to celebrate championship

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213July 21, 2021 4:29 PM

I used to live close to a Kenny Rogers Roasters, I miss their BBQ chicken pita.

Also used to have a Famous Recipe chicken that was so good. I thought that was some of the best fast food fried chicken I have had.

by Anonymousreply 214July 21, 2021 4:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!