Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tucker Carlson outed as Secret Source who reportedly dished on Trump, Fox News

Ed Mazza Sun, June 20, 2021, 8:18 PM·1 min read

Fox News host Tucker Carlson, who routinely rails against the mainstream media, is reportedly a secret and frequent source for reporters in the very organizations he attacks, according to the New York Times.

“Mr. Carlson, a proud traitor to the elite political class, spends his time when he’s not denouncing the liberal media trading gossip with them,” wrote media columnist Ben Smith. “He’s the go-to guy for sometimes-unflattering stories about Donald J. Trump and for coverage of the internal politics of Fox News (not to mention stories about Mr. Carlson himself).”

He wrote that Carlson’s willingness to dish is an “open secret” in Washington.

Smith said he trades messages with Carlson himself, and said 16 other journalists from outlets other than the Times had all said Carlson has been a source, with three calling him a “great source.”

Carlson’s rhetoric has turned increasingly extremist, airing conspiracy theories about the Jan. 6 insurrection, the coronavirus pandemic, vaccination and more. He’s also railed against immigrants, and both he and his guests have aired white nationalist talking points.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73June 24, 2021 9:24 AM

[quote] 16 other journalists from outlets other than the Times had all said Carlson has been a source, with three calling him a “great source.”

16 is a lot. If he's such a great source, why are they turning on him now? I wonder what the real story is.

by Anonymousreply 1June 21, 2021 6:36 PM

He is the most-watch cable news show in the United States...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 21, 2021 6:52 PM

Tucker’s kind of dopey looking isn’t he?

by Anonymousreply 3June 21, 2021 7:20 PM

In other words, he's doing actual journalism.

by Anonymousreply 4June 21, 2021 7:25 PM

Slimy-bucket

by Anonymousreply 5June 21, 2021 7:27 PM

Tucker's a narc! Wonder what the Fox News fandom is going to think about this?

by Anonymousreply 6June 21, 2021 7:28 PM

“I’m not dumb as I look and yeah that mainstream media we don’t need em!” 🤡

by Anonymousreply 7June 21, 2021 7:28 PM

How is being a gossipy little bitch "doing actual journalism"? What truths is he unearthing? What research is he doing? None. He's just spreading cocktail party rumors and office hearsay.

by Anonymousreply 8June 21, 2021 7:29 PM

Lachlan Murdoch's babydoll. Tucker is safe.

by Anonymousreply 9June 21, 2021 7:29 PM

Didn't Hillary Clinton force Tucker to drink chocolate milk out of a shoe on his bet that she wouldn't win a senate seat?

by Anonymousreply 10June 21, 2021 7:31 PM

R8 He does breaking stories from publications like Buzzfeed, Vanity Fair, The Nation, and has a lot of far left guests on his show. Although the media is biased, they still break important stories occasionally, even if they do so with a very liberal slant. Anyone who watches his show knows that he's not a Trump or GOP sycophant.

by Anonymousreply 11June 21, 2021 7:36 PM

If Glen Beck were smart, he'd have gossiped about what happened at Fox News, that way "real" journalists would have spared him the attacks for his insane racism, just like they're doing with Tucker.

by Anonymousreply 12June 21, 2021 7:36 PM

[quote]that way "real" journalists would have spared him the attacks for his insane racism, just like they're doing with Tucker

Every day I find myself more disappointed in the media than I was the day before. You're right, of course, they spare Tucker so he'll keep spilling the dirt.

by Anonymousreply 13June 21, 2021 7:41 PM

Acosta doesn't spare Tucker...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 21, 2021 7:54 PM

Tucker Carlson = Gossip Gurl

by Anonymousreply 15June 21, 2021 8:03 PM

[quote]Tucker's a narc! Wonder what the Fox News fandom is going to think about this?

Where do you think fans are going to learn of his double-dealing? They don't pay attention to anything that's not in their right-wing bubble.

by Anonymousreply 16June 21, 2021 8:16 PM

R16 Many already abandoned Fox News after the election and still others only watch the channel for Tucker and no one else. He'll be fine. It's CNN and MSNBC where every on air personality has to recite from the same talking points or else they will be disciplined.

by Anonymousreply 17June 21, 2021 8:22 PM

Yes, Joe Scarborough and Rachel Maddow are the exact same person and say the exact same thing all the time about everything.

by Anonymousreply 18June 21, 2021 8:29 PM

[quote] Anyone who watches his show knows that he's not a Trump or GOP sycophant.

LOL

by Anonymousreply 19June 21, 2021 8:32 PM

"One way to read the Ben Smith story is as a remorseful decision by one of the journalists who did business with Carlson to yank some of the protection bestowed by the transaction. But such transactions provide another benefit too, and this one cuts across the story Smith tells: Carlson’s “information” also buys him credulity. When reporters call Carlson for uncheckable anecdotes about his conversations with former President Trump, they make the following calculation: [italic]I know he regularly lies to his fans on television, but he would not lie to me on the telephone.[/italic] "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 21, 2021 8:37 PM

I always thought it was Hannity who was the secret source inside of Fox spilling all the dirt. This may be a distraction and deflection of blame onto Tucker so that people don't realize who is really spilling the tea.

by Anonymousreply 21June 21, 2021 8:48 PM

Shameless is as shameless does.

by Anonymousreply 22June 21, 2021 8:57 PM

R11, how did you type that with a straight face?

by Anonymousreply 23June 21, 2021 9:12 PM

“Tucker Carlson outed”

NO THANK YOU

by Anonymousreply 24June 21, 2021 9:18 PM

Viewers no longer value journalism. The big money and power is in grievance politics.

Carlson doesn’t believe what he’s saying… but he knows it scores with the Fox News sheep.

A sad state of affairs.

by Anonymousreply 25June 21, 2021 9:23 PM

R25 Everyday there is another sign that democracy might not make it in America. The propaganda drowns any real news and citizens love it. Sad indeed.

by Anonymousreply 26June 21, 2021 9:34 PM

Like Rush Limbaugh, Alex Jones, and Trump himself, Tucker sees himself an entertainer playing a character. He doesn't take what he does seriously and assumes that anyone with any brains understands he doesn't mean a thing he says in public.

by Anonymousreply 27June 21, 2021 9:41 PM

[quote]Like Rush Limbaugh, Alex Jones, and Trump himself, Tucker sees himself...

I wish they were all more like Rush Limbaugh!

by Anonymousreply 28June 21, 2021 9:45 PM

[quote] Anyone who watches his show knows that he's not a Trump or GOP sycophant.

You're either a completely shameless liar or too stupid to breathe. Which one?

by Anonymousreply 29June 21, 2021 9:49 PM

[quote] Like Rush Limbaugh, Alex Jones, and Trump himself, Tucker sees himself an entertainer playing a character. He doesn't take what he does seriously and assumes that anyone with any brains understands he doesn't mean a thing he says in public.

If only he wasn't stirring up hatred and destroying our country in the process.

Haha, Tucker.

Very funny.

by Anonymousreply 30June 21, 2021 9:49 PM

OMG the cottage cheese on those three chins!

Tucker is literally turning into a pig!!!

by Anonymousreply 31June 21, 2021 9:50 PM

Re: R14's Acosta post. Pity he's not gay, like so many of his colleagues. I want to fuck him through the floorboards.

by Anonymousreply 32June 21, 2021 9:51 PM

He's such a pathetic dweeb.

#loser

by Anonymousreply 33June 21, 2021 9:54 PM

Yes, r30.

Boris is always trying to apologize for right-wing antics, claiming they’re just jokes for entertainment purposes.

Even though it’s inciting riots, murder and human rights violations.

All just fun and games to Boris. Nobody on Fox means their lies. Tax cuts don’t actually benefit the filthy rich and their white trash base of suckers is completely informed in reality.

Supposedly.

by Anonymousreply 34June 21, 2021 9:54 PM

Remember, Putin himself is just a jumped-up ex-spy. It's all a fucking game to him.

by Anonymousreply 35June 21, 2021 9:58 PM

[quote] Like Rush Limbaugh, Alex Jones, and Trump himself, Tucker sees himself an entertainer playing a character. He doesn't take what he does seriously and assumes that anyone with any brains understands he doesn't mean a thing he says in public.

Do you have those in Russia, or do they usually end up in jail for playing a character?

by Anonymousreply 36June 21, 2021 10:00 PM

If Rick Wilson/Steven Schmidt et. al. were actually revealing the dirt they know, they'd explain why the establishment is turning on Carlson now. Odds are, they won't.

by Anonymousreply 37June 21, 2021 10:01 PM

I think he’s a smarmy little shit but I have to say he looks good for 52, nice skin.

by Anonymousreply 38June 21, 2021 10:05 PM

Maybe he'll flip on his good buddy who is also a Russian asset, Glenn Greenwald

by Anonymousreply 39June 21, 2021 10:06 PM

[quote][R8] He does breaking stories from publications like Buzzfeed, Vanity Fair, The Nation, and has a lot of far left guests on his show. Although the media is biased, they still break important stories occasionally, even if they do so with a very liberal slant. Anyone who watches his show knows that he's not a Trump or GOP sycophant.

The truth has a liberal slant. A moron like you watches Tucker Carlson to make you afraid of a vaccine he himself took and is too cowardly to admit it. His job is to make you afraid of everyone who isn't white.

Genuinely stupid people watch his show.

by Anonymousreply 40June 21, 2021 10:09 PM

So he's a gossipy stupid mean 12 year old girl.....

Mr. i have a b.a. in history and i'm not even qualified to have my media position in the first place! Minus the fact i'm/he's nuts and a loudmouth.

by Anonymousreply 41June 21, 2021 10:12 PM

Every dumbass who watches his show needs to comprehend something: People like him ARE the elite. He wants nothing to do with your Cracker Barrel/Olive Garden/Golden Corral ass. He looks at you the same way as Trump does: With repulsion. Simply a source of income. Same with every other shithead at that network who engages in scapegoat propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 42June 21, 2021 10:20 PM

Let's not excuse these people by saying they don't believe what they're saying, they're just playing a character to get money from rubes. They absolutely do believe what they're saying, and the only time they say otherwise is when faced with lawsuits, and sometimes not even then. There has been a lot of reporting on Trump very specifically believing what he says, to the point of delusion.

If all they wanted was to grift, these guys wouldn't be encouraging coups or murder or discrimination on a federal level, they wouldn't be telling people to not get vaccinated. It isn't just that they don't care whether their audience lives or dies, it's that they are actively trying to get a violent revolution going.

Tucker not long ago suggested Biden was coming for your guns so you'd better get more guns to fight off the Feds when they show up. Alex Jones put money into starting the coup and encouraged harassment of Sandy Hook parents and survivors. Ann Coulter on multiple occasions has said citizens should create "death squads" and go to the border and shoot people crossing "illegally."

They're not doing that just to grift, they want people to kill others. Especially after Sarah Palin actually got someone to shoot politicians she'd posted on her website with a crosshairs over their names. They saw it worked and they've been doing it even more since then.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 22, 2021 8:07 AM

[quote]Tucker Carlson outed as Secret Source

Tucker Carlson outed as Secret Sauce

by Anonymousreply 44June 22, 2021 8:13 AM

R43.. ALL TRUE! and yet, and yet? they are still allowed on the airwaves?!!

by Anonymousreply 45June 22, 2021 12:00 PM

The image on the NYT piece has to be seen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46June 22, 2021 12:09 PM

That actually is hilarious, r46!

by Anonymousreply 47June 22, 2021 12:31 PM

My take on Carlson is that he's NOT remotely as extreme as he declares. But when O'Reilly got the boot, either Fox asked him to OR he decided to crank up the rhetoric. Doesn't make much of a difference now because he's into it up to his jowls so there's no turning back.

by Anonymousreply 48June 22, 2021 12:35 PM

Gossip girl.

by Anonymousreply 49June 22, 2021 12:52 PM

Nobody who works for Fox News does anything remotely resembling journalism.

by Anonymousreply 50June 22, 2021 1:13 PM

He's such a canker sore on the ass of humanity.

by Anonymousreply 51June 22, 2021 1:21 PM

I don’t know, but is it kosher now for journalists to *reveal* their sources?!

by Anonymousreply 52June 22, 2021 1:27 PM

[quote] is it kosher now for journalists to *reveal* their sources?!

No, it's halal.

by Anonymousreply 53June 22, 2021 1:28 PM

A nd I did time for NOT naming names!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 22, 2021 1:34 PM

[quote]My take on Carlson is that he's NOT remotely as extreme as he declares.

Rick Wilson once described him as a nihilist who believes in nothing and just wants to blow everything up (while making a fortune for himself).

by Anonymousreply 55June 22, 2021 4:29 PM

Tuckums is a sociopath. His college yearbook lists him as being in the Dan White Society. Dan White, who murdered a gay activist, Harvey Milk and the mayor of San Francisco, George Moscone. He was also in the Jesse Helms Foundation, whatever that was.

So basically he was declaring himself a homophobe and racist for everyone to see. And that was pre-internet/social media. No doubt had that been available he would've had facebook groups started for the Dan White Society and Jessie Helms Foundation. That is what a sociopath does.

by Anonymousreply 56June 22, 2021 4:41 PM

[quote] Rick Wilson once described him as a nihilist who believes in nothing and just wants to blow everything up (while making a fortune for himself).

Rick Wilson just aptly described himself.

by Anonymousreply 57June 22, 2021 4:42 PM

The mention of Rick Wilson just reminded me: Why did MSNBC stop having on Steve Schmidt?

by Anonymousreply 58June 22, 2021 4:59 PM

You'd be that defensive too if your name were "Tucker." Could you imagine?

Cock tucker.

Hey is your mom a mother tucker?

Bug tucker.

And on and on and on and on.

by Anonymousreply 59June 22, 2021 4:59 PM

More like a herpes sore on the rancid twat of reich wing media, r51.

by Anonymousreply 60June 23, 2021 2:02 AM

It's a tossup what kind of person is worse. Someone who actually believes this shit or someone who knows it's bullshit but doesn't care what kind of damage he causes as long as he makes millions.

by Anonymousreply 61June 23, 2021 2:30 AM

He makes my skin crawl. I hope his dick falls off.

by Anonymousreply 62June 23, 2021 2:39 AM

This silly little bitch is all over the map with it's bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 63June 23, 2021 2:41 AM

Who knew Tucker could deep throat?

by Anonymousreply 64June 23, 2021 5:06 AM

Miss Lindsey does Fox shows almost daily, but Miss Tucker won't host her for years now. The ladies had a spat long ago.

Hannity is perfect for Miss Lindsey.

by Anonymousreply 65June 23, 2021 6:12 AM

Why does he always look like he sharted?

by Anonymousreply 66June 23, 2021 6:18 AM

[quote] all over the map with it's bullshit.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 67June 23, 2021 11:22 AM

[quote]Why does he always look like he sharted?

Trying to relate to his older demo.

by Anonymousreply 68June 23, 2021 3:17 PM

I don’t know who is worse….Tucker or the people who listen to him hanging on to every word ….and if it’s ‘just entertainment’ then why is his ‘show’ part of a 24/7 news network ? Ridiculous

by Anonymousreply 69June 23, 2021 3:44 PM

He makes white failures feel like they've been wronged by anyone non-white including immigrants who actually applied themselves and succeeded. He tells them how it isn't their fault their losers, those others just got tons of advantages for not being white.

He's a fucking asshole given tons of advantages/ opportunities in life and rather than recognizing that fact and being humbled by it, he has chosen to be a toxic voice contributing to the demise of this country. And we have complete idiots on here who think their own personal hatred for people like Rachel Maddow means she is the counter to him. What a stupid person you must be to be so lazy in your thought-process.

by Anonymousreply 70June 23, 2021 3:56 PM

Uh,

[quote] He tells them how it isn't their fault their losers,

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 71June 23, 2021 3:58 PM

Oh, shit, R71. I'm so embarrassed by that! I swear I don't normally do that!

by Anonymousreply 72June 23, 2021 4:05 PM

Another interesting thread being derailed by the trolling "Oh, dear" who is void of substance otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 73June 24, 2021 9:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!