Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Diana Ross unveils comeback single, "Thank You"

“Singing is my beautiful, delicious obsession,” the legend says. She looks (and sounds) incredible!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232June 7, 2022 11:51 PM

Terrible. All the speaking throughout it is annoying and the music is forgettable.

by Anonymousreply 1June 18, 2021 9:30 PM

Love her, but that sounds boring

by Anonymousreply 2June 18, 2021 9:30 PM

bitch, no

by Anonymousreply 3June 18, 2021 9:31 PM

She should work with Nile Rodgers again and see if they can create something good.

by Anonymousreply 4June 18, 2021 9:32 PM

I love Diana but no,just no. Let it go honey.

by Anonymousreply 5June 18, 2021 9:33 PM

Autotune is a godsend.

by Anonymousreply 6June 18, 2021 10:16 PM

It’s a gracious idea, but her jabbering throughout is unwelcome.

by Anonymousreply 7June 18, 2021 10:25 PM

Simply awful.

by Anonymousreply 8June 18, 2021 10:32 PM

Bwahahahahahahahaha.

by Anonymousreply 9June 18, 2021 10:54 PM

I love her like I love warm food but this is awful. Her voice is gone.

FYI T-Swift has co-write on a track on the album. Diana's going for broke. Oy.

by Anonymousreply 10June 18, 2021 11:04 PM

Pure 💩

by Anonymousreply 11June 18, 2021 11:08 PM

How do you folks come to such a judgement so quickly? There isn't enough of the clip for me to make a determination. Her voice sounds fine to me though.

by Anonymousreply 12June 18, 2021 11:11 PM

It’s on YouTube

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 18, 2021 11:12 PM

I tell you what, though....

She really shouldn't tweet. She ruins her image;

"I have so much I want to share I am just filled with gratitude , their songs on this album are dedicated to each of you from my heart I guess we have to do a little bit at a time. Love you so much."

Thanks R13. It's easy listening. I think the chorus; "Thank you, thank you, for. Thank you, thank you, for that" could catch on whenever someone here's it.

by Anonymousreply 14June 18, 2021 11:22 PM

Will I have to get my record player back out or is it going to be released on cassette, too?

by Anonymousreply 15June 18, 2021 11:42 PM

Well, bitch, you ain’t welcome

by Anonymousreply 16June 18, 2021 11:45 PM

Thanks, but no thanks.

by Anonymousreply 17June 18, 2021 11:46 PM

I’ve heard the whole song. Her voice is shot.

by Anonymousreply 18June 19, 2021 12:21 AM

Dear Gladys, everybody forgot you were still around.

by Anonymousreply 19June 19, 2021 12:22 AM

[quote] Her voice is shot.

She's 77 years old. Why do people have to be such absolute cunts?

by Anonymousreply 20June 19, 2021 12:25 AM

Because who wants to listen to a singer with a shitty voice R20 ? I love Boy george too but he sounds like absolute shit. Are we supposed to praise their shitty songs because of who they were ?

by Anonymousreply 21June 19, 2021 12:27 AM

Will it surpass Mary Wilson's total album sales of ten copies?

by Anonymousreply 22June 19, 2021 12:28 AM

Who?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 19, 2021 12:28 AM

[quote]Dear Gladys, everybody forgot you were still around.

I thought she was dead.

by Anonymousreply 24June 19, 2021 12:33 AM

From the sound of it she’s trying to win that elusive Grammy, but in the spoken word category.

by Anonymousreply 25June 19, 2021 12:40 AM

It's the sentiment, dummies! As bitchy as she is, Ross does have a humble side and with this cut she is telling us how just how much she appreciates the experience as a whole! I mean that's what I'm thinking. Now I'm going to listen to the song.

"And now Arne has gone off and married the big, black mama from the United States." - some high maintenance Norwegian bitch, circa 1 986

by Anonymousreply 26June 19, 2021 12:42 AM

[quote]Because who wants to listen to a singer with a shitty voice [R20] ? I love Boy george too but he sounds like absolute shit. Are we supposed to praise their shitty songs because of who they were ?

I do! Ross is much more of an entertainer than a songtress. I respect that fact that she has had such a long career within a BRUTAL industry and is still able to sell out venues, record, etc. A woman. A Black woman who has sustained such longevity is amazing. Name 5 other Black women entertainers who have reached and sustained her level.

I saw her two years ago and it was a wonderful and, entertaining show. It's clear (well, to me anyway) that she loves what she does, she realizes how lucky she has been, and that she knows that her fans/audiences are the major part of her success. At this point in her life I think all she wants to do is sing and solidify her work.

by Anonymousreply 27June 19, 2021 12:44 AM

Here's the song

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 19, 2021 12:48 AM

Did Oprah write that?

by Anonymousreply 29June 19, 2021 12:49 AM

[quote] Ross does have a humble side

Nothing about this bitch is "humble".

Humility is not one of her qualities.

by Anonymousreply 30June 19, 2021 12:50 AM

Flo would be kicking Mary in the cunt bone if she saw her for outing Flo's rape in that shit book to make a couple of bucks.

Jean Terrell couldn't stand her either.

by Anonymousreply 31June 19, 2021 12:54 AM

Nice try, Diana. I'm honored that my still-stellar singing has encouraged you to attempt the same.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32June 19, 2021 12:55 AM

So... How much money did Mary leave since we're talking about her. We might as well talk about that which is important...

Poor Dionne... She's doing living rooms now.

by Anonymousreply 33June 19, 2021 12:58 AM

Her music post-Motown has always been largely underwhelming. I’m always amazed that an artist of her caliber couldn’t get better material, do better DJ remixes etc. I love her, but I think she’s cheap, too controlling, and should have relied more on others to help her stay more relevant like Cher. When I saw her in concert in 2004? —the stage made me feel like she hadn’t upgraded anything in her show since 1979.

These Almighty mixes are good but I don’t think she had anything to do with them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 19, 2021 1:01 AM

[quote]She's 77 years old. Why do people have to be such absolute cunts?

Because Miss Ross has been one throughout her entire career. The ONLY reason she was head of the Supremes is because she was giving Gordy the same in his office.

by Anonymousreply 35June 19, 2021 1:02 AM

If you didn't grow up with her music, you'll never get her tremendous pull on her fans. Sure the voice is in shreds, she's been singing since the early 1960s. Orders for her new album put her at #5 on Amazon's pop chart. Mariah is a slut; Mary and Flo were second-rate. Why does everyone despise an ambitious woman, particularly an ambitious black woman? Sing out, Diana! Fuck you bitches.

by Anonymousreply 36June 19, 2021 1:07 AM

Yes—but Berry was so controlling that after she left Motown she resented anyone telling her what to do career-wise - and made terrible music choices that she could have avoided. I still cringe whenever I hear/see Workin’ Overtime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 19, 2021 1:09 AM

The Honest Vocal Coach gives it her seal of approval!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 19, 2021 1:15 AM

The Vocal Coach looks more like an abduction victim that was just released after many years.

by Anonymousreply 39June 19, 2021 1:18 AM

[quote]Will I have to get my record player back out or is it going to be released on cassette, too?

8-track only.

by Anonymousreply 40June 19, 2021 1:20 AM

[quote]I still cringe whenever I hear/see Workin’ Overtime.

You're one of few, R37

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 19, 2021 1:25 AM

Horrid song. I need to unhear it since I won't get two minutes of my life back.

by Anonymousreply 42June 19, 2021 1:25 AM

[quote]Why does everyone despise an ambitious woman, particularly an ambitious black woman?

Because she is a CUNT with a thin voice.

by Anonymousreply 43June 19, 2021 1:45 AM

Like Diana, wish I could look and have my singing even autotuned that nicely at 77, let alone still be successful enough to record an entire in-home-studio album during this past year from hell and release a new single at this point. I think it's catchy and upbeat and happy. Eat me, bitches. :D

by Anonymousreply 44June 19, 2021 1:49 AM

She was still touring right until the beginning of the pandemic. She has a very loyal fan base who still flock to see her perform. Not many performers from yesteryear can claim that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 19, 2021 2:00 AM

The video reminds me of some beauty contestant's montage: "As I travelled the world, I've learned about people, cultures and things I never dreamed of. It has been a year of changing and growing, and I wouldn't have missed it for anything...".

by Anonymousreply 46June 19, 2021 2:04 AM

The song wasn't bad,. But she's no Connie Francis.

by Anonymousreply 47June 19, 2021 2:15 AM

We owe it to Ms. Ross, for giving us the greatest piece of 80s electronic pop ever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48June 19, 2021 2:24 AM

Diane got deeper.

by Anonymousreply 49June 19, 2021 2:27 AM

If she’s 80 years old, why does she look 30 in the album art @ r28?

by Anonymousreply 50June 19, 2021 5:19 AM

She works that body, r50

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51June 19, 2021 5:35 AM

Her fans are boomer gay men and fraus who want to relive their youth but they forgot it is too late.

by Anonymousreply 52June 19, 2021 11:35 AM

[quote]Why does everyone despise an ambitious woman, particularly an ambitious black woman?

The very few who despise her are mostly these Black girls here (think LSA) who are jealous of Ross, her image, and her success. They want everyone to like... rather LOVE, that piemaking heifer that screams as she rolls her fat ass all over the stage floor. That's "saaaaaangin'"

Then you have those that want to protect and promote the backup singing girls because... well, I don't know... maybe they identify with them? Anyway, instead of working hard and charting their own paths, those girls were too busy drinking and fucking while Ross worked and worked hard. They'll say she only got to where she is because she fucked Berry Gordy. Well, I say, at least she fucked the right one and it paid off!

Finally, you have those who are jealous of the Ross children. Miss Ross has had little to no issues with any her children. They make their own money and don't have to rely upon the success of their mother unlike the children of these other messes (and that would include Aretha Franklin too) that live on the success of their famous mother and/or father.

by Anonymousreply 53June 19, 2021 12:18 PM

Times Square

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 19, 2021 1:29 PM

For those who could not see the FaceBook image. Here's the image on Instagram.

Times Square

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55June 19, 2021 1:40 PM

Terrible song. Yokes. This is her “comeback”?? Wow.

by Anonymousreply 56June 19, 2021 1:42 PM

The song is okay, and the messaging behind it are endearing!

What’s disturbing to me are the bitter and petty responses on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 57June 19, 2021 1:58 PM

I honestly think that she may have a hit here. I've listened to the song about 8 times now and it is taking me to good place. Work with me here;

I can envision this song playing as I'm driving to work on a sunny, very clear blue-sky morning, and no traffic. Everything is going right in life ie relationship, work, no stress, and then this song. I like it. It's very catchy. It sort of reminds me (in a strange kind of way) of that song "Come On Get Happy". It works. Wouldn't it be something if Ross actually had another hit at this time in her career and at her age?

by Anonymousreply 58June 19, 2021 3:11 PM

It would be great. Cher is also due for a new hit.

by Anonymousreply 59June 19, 2021 3:18 PM

I'm a bit disappointed by her tweet, to be honest. I was hoping for more commas randomly placed all over the sentence, like in her tweet following Mary!'s death.

by Anonymousreply 60June 19, 2021 4:16 PM

This song will not go anywhere nor will it catch on. Terrible song.

by Anonymousreply 61June 19, 2021 4:22 PM

[quote]This song will not go anywhere nor will it catch on. Terrible song.

I don't know about that, R61. This young man (who has never heard a complete Diana Ross album) really liked the song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62June 19, 2021 6:20 PM

Love her

by Anonymousreply 63June 19, 2021 6:23 PM

Heard it. Had no reaction.

by Anonymousreply 64June 19, 2021 6:30 PM

I grew up listening to Diana Ross as a child and the only song I liked was that song upside down and besides that I find most of her song horrid. I used to make fun of her song as a child with my mom because it was cheesy. This new song is horrid and she should just pack it in. The only people excited about this new song are gays and middle aged white fraus.

by Anonymousreply 65June 19, 2021 6:40 PM

It was a stupid decision to intercut the bland song with clips of her talking decades ago.

The younger, higher speaking voice only serves to underscore how deep and bad her current singing voice is.

by Anonymousreply 66June 19, 2021 6:40 PM

Another flop from The Boss

by Anonymousreply 67June 19, 2021 6:44 PM

I for one would love to see Ms. Ross have one more top 10 hit before she goes to that great recording studio or disco in the sky.

by Anonymousreply 68June 19, 2021 7:08 PM

It's a shame she's only released two new albums in the last twenty one years. But I think she got tired of the grind, and in the Us, busting her ass off and not getting much in return.

Her return to Motown was a disaster. Working Overtime was poorly received for good reason, but both Force Behind the Power and Take Me Higher were excellent returns to form that the label completely botched up promoting.

By contrast, in Europe she was having some of her biggest success ever during these years. Force in particular was a monster hit in the UK, giving her five top forty hits. And in Japan she charted one of the biggest selling songs of all time with If We Hold on Together.

by Anonymousreply 69June 19, 2021 7:23 PM

Well, R69... her career isn't so much different from many other of the musical artists in today's current music industry --especially those in her age range. No one really buys music anymore. It's all captured for free on the internet. I mean... how many record labels are there now? Record contracts are few and offered to even fewer. One of the only ways left for a musical act to make money is to tour. Ross has been extremely successful in that regard. She makes $250K/week!

Her return to Motown was a disaster? Not financially! She made out BIG time as one of the major shareholders when the label was sold to Universal (I think that's who bought it) Anyway, to have an album produced today by anyone means that those sales have to be guaranteed. There is no room for slippage or mistakes. That's why many artists have gone independent (they really had no choice) or are in record contracts of where there is very minimal risks to the record label.

by Anonymousreply 70June 19, 2021 7:37 PM

R58 were you high when you posted that response?

by Anonymousreply 71June 19, 2021 7:46 PM

It’s bland and unmemorable. No one outside of her fans want this.

by Anonymousreply 72June 19, 2021 7:50 PM

[quote][R58] were you high when you posted that response?

NOT. AT. ALL, R71. The art and craftsmanship of a good song and lyric is to tell a story and/or take you to another place all within 3 minutes. For me, this Ross' song does just that. Just listen to the lyrics and then the hook. It's a very well crafted song. Just to give you another example of of my favorite songs that takes me away is "Tenderly"

"The evening breeze caress the trees, tenderly

The trembling trees embrace the breeze, tenderly

Then you and I came wandering by

And lost in a sigh were we

The shore was kissed by sea and mist, tenderly

I can't forget how two hearts met breathlessly

Your arms opened wide and closed me inside

You took my lips, you took my love so tenderly"

One can imagine themselves in that setting and consciously/unconsciously observing (taking in) such a moment. This new Ross song takes me to a place of where I am thankful for where I am and the moment that I am in. So! I think it works.

by Anonymousreply 73June 19, 2021 9:23 PM

As a trans person I really don’t see my journey reflected in this song so I can’t really relate to it.

by Anonymousreply 74June 19, 2021 9:46 PM

[Quote] By contrast, in Europe she was having some of her biggest success ever during these years.

The crappiest songs become hits in Europe. That’s why they’re called Euro-trash

by Anonymousreply 75June 19, 2021 9:54 PM

I still listen to Stolen Moments. Musicians are top notch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76June 19, 2021 10:00 PM

R74 = trollin trollin trollin

by Anonymousreply 77June 19, 2021 10:12 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78June 19, 2021 10:30 PM

It's not bad but it needs a remix - maybe with Lil Dix or Lil Tits or whoever Lil is hot right now.

by Anonymousreply 79June 19, 2021 10:45 PM

Lol r79!

by Anonymousreply 80June 19, 2021 10:59 PM

Remix featuring genderqueer DJ sensation Yung Fagit

by Anonymousreply 81June 19, 2021 11:02 PM

[quote]Ross is much more of an entertainer than a songtress.

Not really. I saw her in concert about a decade ago and all she did was walk back and for the across the stage. No dancing at all and sand the same old tired songs she always does.

by Anonymousreply 82June 19, 2021 11:08 PM

I want you to help me get my old voice back.

Damn, Billy Dee was fine back then, I'm sure he still is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83June 19, 2021 11:15 PM

Diana Ross comeback reality single “Fuck You”. She is singing this new track exclusively to all of her living fans.

by Anonymousreply 84June 19, 2021 11:17 PM

Mahogany really was that bad, wasn't it? Amazing that it has such a following.

by Anonymousreply 85June 19, 2021 11:21 PM

[quote]r84 Diana Ross comeback reality single “Fuck You”. She is singing this new track exclusively to all of her living fans.

It’s been done.

MISS Ross is welcome to do a cover version, of course.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86June 19, 2021 11:23 PM

Thank you, NEXT!

by Anonymousreply 87June 19, 2021 11:25 PM

Why don't these artists understand that we want uptempo pop songs? Something to bop along to when you're stuck in traffic. I don't care if you're sad!

by Anonymousreply 88June 19, 2021 11:29 PM

[quote]I saw her in concert about a decade ago and all she did was walk back and for the across the stage. No dancing at all

LIAR!

I'm sure she changed her dress at least 3 times!!!!

by Anonymousreply 89June 19, 2021 11:38 PM

Sweeite, the guy in R62's link is A. lying if he says he hasn't heard an entire album and B. Would cream herself to Ross queefing and farting to Yakkity Sax.

by Anonymousreply 90June 19, 2021 11:41 PM

Yep, R78. Sassy could sing that song! But, for me, the song belongs to Nat King Cole. However, and I mean no disrespect to the daddy, Natalie Cole's rendition is STUNNING! The clip below is her singing it live. I really like this BUT I really LOVED her studio version of it! Bottom line, it's just a beautiful song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91June 19, 2021 11:51 PM

R58 also thinks Judy Garland, Ethel Merman, and Kate Smith will be this year's biggest streaming successes.

by Anonymousreply 92June 20, 2021 12:21 AM

[quote]Why don't these artists understand that we want uptempo pop songs? Something to bop along to when you're stuck in traffic.

Thank you! Nobody wants dreary, sappy shit - especially these days.

by Anonymousreply 93June 20, 2021 12:29 AM

Sparkle, singers, SPARKLE!

by Anonymousreply 94June 20, 2021 1:34 AM

MMPH... Here ya go, R82. Here's your heifer that makes you happy...

And, "they" wonder why "they" hate us...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95June 20, 2021 1:35 AM

I thought it was sad that you needed another "comeback" but, Sister Diane, dear, one fucking cut doth not a comeback make.

And what you've done with your "video" is more properly called a "novelty." It brought this to mind.

But good luck, Diane! And you know how much I mean that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96June 20, 2021 1:42 AM

R32, don't even try. For one big fat obvious reason.

by Anonymousreply 97June 20, 2021 1:43 AM

[quote] Nobody wants dreary, sappy shit.

Anyone with even a minimal knowledge of pop, soul or R&B music of the last 50 years can appreciate Miss Ross' accomplishments. Welcome to my blocked list.

by Anonymousreply 98June 20, 2021 10:12 PM

R98 welcome to other people having different opinions on something. Oh and welcome to my block list too. Putz .

by Anonymousreply 99June 20, 2021 11:30 PM

R98 has her asshole clenched.

by Anonymousreply 100June 21, 2021 12:18 AM

Diana is wonderful but I’m not a stan. Appreciating an honest observations about an artist’s music and career doesn’t make you a hater or a troll.

by Anonymousreply 101June 21, 2021 12:19 AM

The theme to the future Golden Girls reboot!

by Anonymousreply 102June 21, 2021 12:50 AM

Diana Ross (born March 26, 1944), 77, Detroit, Michigan; is an American singer, songwriter and actress from Detroit. She rose to fame as the lead singer of the vocal group the Supremes, who became Motown's most successful act during the 1960s and one of the world's best-selling girl groups of all time. They remain the best-charting female group in US history, with a total of twelve number-one hit singles on the US Billboard Hot 100, including, "Where Did Our Love Go", "Baby Love", "Come See About Me", and "Love Child".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103June 21, 2021 1:21 AM

According to Ross, her mother actually named her "Diane," but, a clerical error resulted in her name being recorded as "Diana" on her birth certificate. She was listed as "Diane" during the first Supremes records, and she introduced herself as "Diane" until early in the group's heyday. Her friends and family still call her "Diane."

by Anonymousreply 104June 21, 2021 1:22 AM

The merch has dropped.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105June 21, 2021 1:24 AM

Mary Wilson (March 6, 1944 – February 8, 2021), 76, born in Greenville, Mississippi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106June 21, 2021 1:25 AM

Comeback?

Diane ain't been nowhere.

She still the same backstabbing talentless bitch she always been.

by Anonymousreply 107June 21, 2021 1:31 AM

Diane invented the casket dance.

by Anonymousreply 108June 21, 2021 1:45 AM

A friend of my dad’s from Detroit said he’d see them walking together in the morning (most likely to Motown) and they weren’t that remarkable. He was astonished how these average neighborhood girls became glamorous international superstars.

by Anonymousreply 109June 21, 2021 2:33 AM

[quote]I can envision this song playing as I'm driving to work on a sunny, very clear blue-sky morning, and no traffic. Everything is going right in life ie relationship, work, no stress, and then this song.

Makes you drive off a cliff.

by Anonymousreply 110June 21, 2021 2:42 AM

[quote]Her friends and family still call her "Diane."

But her closet friends call her WHORE.

by Anonymousreply 111June 21, 2021 2:45 AM

No one is ever going to get along.

by Anonymousreply 112June 21, 2021 3:16 AM

You must call her Miss Ross and address her only in the third person.

by Anonymousreply 113June 21, 2021 6:25 AM

It’s a lovely song and sentiment.

But the song is pretty formulaic and derivative — no modern spin.

It borrows A LOT from Marvin Gaye’s “You’re All I Need to Get By.”

At least it has more soul than today’s music.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114June 21, 2021 6:36 AM

I thought Diane had done a cover of a Boyz II Men smash hit from the 90s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115June 21, 2021 6:39 AM

This was the last song I liked if hers. Good tune.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116June 21, 2021 6:53 AM

Will Diane be doing another free concert in Central Park? She could easily fill up Central Perk considering the size of her fan base.

by Anonymousreply 117June 21, 2021 6:55 AM

Thank you OP for posting.

It’s a YES from me!

by Anonymousreply 118June 21, 2021 7:03 AM

She tries to kill me several times a year. Every year.

by Anonymousreply 119June 21, 2021 7:17 AM

Sounds like the backing tune for an advert featuring something that's ethically sourced.

by Anonymousreply 120June 21, 2021 8:26 AM

[quote]Sounds like the backing tune for an advert

That's our gal Ross! Always thinking about the money and the bottom line!

by Anonymousreply 121June 21, 2021 12:13 PM

It has one million views on YouTube! Thank you!

by Anonymousreply 122June 21, 2021 12:36 PM

Diane at R122, girl, we know your daughter Condiment (or is it Cilantro?) is unemployed as are your two sons who are "actors". Honey, how long did they spend creating fake accounts to increase your views?

by Anonymousreply 123June 21, 2021 12:43 PM

Appreciation ❤

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124June 21, 2021 12:43 PM

[Quote] It borrows A LOT from Marvin Gaye’s “You’re All I Need to Get By.”

No, it diesn't.

by Anonymousreply 125June 21, 2021 1:40 PM

We’ve all lost so much this past year. What a magnificent anthem from Miss Ross! Now is the time to heal and give thanks. Here’s to re-emerging back into life triumphant . Through all of life’s ebb and flow we’ve always had Miss Ross urging us forward with her music and it’s unfaltering message of love! Thank you darling girl.

I'm LOVING this more & more with each and every play - it's on constant repeat ha. Seriously, I LOVE it. The album is going to be AMAZING! xx

The message in this song is so needed in the world today. Thank You, Ms. Ross for this inspiration. May positive vibes be spread as a result of this song.

I finally have a song to express my feelings for my fiancé..I let him know this is are wedding song.. Thank you, Miss Ross..

Thank you, Ms. Ross for being the Boss and turning my world Upside Down with joy and leaving me with a Love Hangover for your music and your wonderful voice so high that Ain't no mountain high enough can keep me from you. I'm coming out with joy this month and celebrating my pride

by Anonymousreply 126June 21, 2021 2:07 PM

R126 You should be livin' in shame after posting that.

by Anonymousreply 127June 21, 2021 2:09 PM

Let's not talk about children, R123. What is Mary's oldest daughter's name? Turkey? Ya know... the fat... "big gir..." The curvy one.

by Anonymousreply 128June 21, 2021 3:52 PM

I can't get excited about her songs that don't talk about Mama dying while making homemade jam.

by Anonymousreply 129June 21, 2021 4:10 PM

I prefer this comeback

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130June 21, 2021 4:33 PM

Who was it that told Mae West that she could sing?

by Anonymousreply 131June 21, 2021 4:53 PM

[quote]Who was it that told Mae West that she could sing?

She sounds fine to me.

"Light the CAN-DOLLS, Get the ICE ... OUT"

by Anonymousreply 132June 21, 2021 8:45 PM

R126, we have only this to say.

Mary! (not Wilson)

by Anonymousreply 133June 21, 2021 9:12 PM

As a Boris person, I’m always putting false and annoying things into the mouths of trans persons, then cackling hysterically at how funny I think I am.

by Anonymousreply 134June 21, 2021 9:17 PM

Poor Mary had more men in her pants than Calvin Klein and still couldn't get anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 135June 21, 2021 9:27 PM

F&F Boris @ r91 for more homophobic slurs.

by Anonymousreply 136June 21, 2021 9:30 PM

Don't look Diane in the eye, or she won't be saying 'Thank you.'

by Anonymousreply 137June 21, 2021 9:41 PM

SHIT! IIIIIII looked Diane in the eye and IIIIIIIII turned to stone!

by Anonymousreply 138June 21, 2021 10:14 PM

I can’t trust the opinion of someone who named their daughter Chudney. And she sho’ do look like Mr Gordy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139June 22, 2021 7:53 AM

Naw gurl, dat Rhonda. Keep up!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140June 22, 2021 7:57 AM

This song is so *timely*. Thank you Ms Ross for this desperately needed dose of positivity and joy!

by Anonymousreply 141June 22, 2021 8:15 AM

I adore Diana Ross but totally admit she's an anachronism at this point

by Anonymousreply 142June 22, 2021 3:46 PM

[quote]R124 I’m okay, you’re okay

As long as you call me MISS Ross ! !

by Anonymousreply 143June 22, 2021 4:10 PM

Stephanie Mills dropped new music too. I like it. It's very inspirational.

Whoever styled her did a GREAT job! Also, I like the video story for the song. Very nice!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144June 23, 2021 2:10 PM

I love Miss Mills!

by Anonymousreply 145June 23, 2021 2:28 PM

Diana's new album will include a song of healing: "(If You Ever Go to Hell) Tell Mary I Forgive Her"

by Anonymousreply 146June 23, 2021 3:49 PM

Were Diane's second and third daughters also fathered by Berry? Did her first husband not mind being cuckolded? And what was with gurlfren sleeping with and making babies with a black man but marrying only white guys? Was Di-ane hopin she would become white by association?

by Anonymousreply 147June 23, 2021 4:04 PM

R144 I love Miss Mills but the back up and arrangement on this song are pure shit. That great voice needs to be freed from crappy arrangements.

by Anonymousreply 148June 23, 2021 4:36 PM

Thanks for that Stephanie Mills song! She’s awesome!

by Anonymousreply 149June 23, 2021 11:07 PM

Poor R142 doesn't know the definition of "anachronism," nor how to differentiate between the clock in Shakespeare's "Julius Caesar" and a superannuated, manipulative ego-nut unwilling to accept her obsolescence.

There is not excuse for that.

by Anonymousreply 150June 26, 2021 11:36 PM

That Stephanie Mills song looks/sounds like an old PSA for the NAACP. Terrible production all around. Dionne stood a little taller after that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151June 27, 2021 1:51 AM

Sorry UNCF not NAACP

by Anonymousreply 152June 27, 2021 1:52 AM

Thank You (Diana Ross album)

Thank You is the upcoming twenty-fifth studio album by American singer Diana Ross, scheduled to be released through Decca Records on September 10, 2021. It marks Ross' first studio album since 2006's I Love You, and first original material since 1999's Every Day Is a New Day. The album was written during COVID-19 pandemic lockdowns in 2020 and recorded in Ross's home studio. Ross co-wrote all 13 tracks, and worked with songwriter and producer Jack Antonoff, as well as Jimmy Napes, Tayla Parx and Spike Stent. The title track was issued as the lead single on June 17, 2021. Ross will tour the UK in support of the album in 2022.

Thank You track listing No. Title Writer(s) Length

1. "Thank You" Diana RossAmy WadgeChristian Paul WossilekNathaniel LedwidgeTroy Miller 3:45

2. "If the World Just Danced"

3. "All Is Well"

4. "In Your Heart"

5. "Just in Case"

6. "The Answer's Always Love"

7. "Let's Do It"

8. "I Still Believe"

9. "Count on Me"

10. "Tomorrow"

11. "Beautiful Love"

12. "Time to Call"

13. "Come Together"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153June 27, 2021 5:50 AM

I wish she'd worked with Jessie Ware, James Ford, SG Lewis.

by Anonymousreply 154June 27, 2021 12:56 PM

The album was written during COVID-19 pandemic lockdowns in 2020 and recorded in Ross's home studio. Ross co-wrote all 13 tracks, and worked with songwriter and producer Jack Antonoff, as well as Jimmy Napes, Tayla Parx and Spike Stent.

Translation: Another vanity project with three men helping her do whatever she wants musically since Miss Ross is paying the cost to be “The Boss”. Another album of mediocre pop songs to add to the collection. 😑

by Anonymousreply 155June 27, 2021 1:09 PM

I'm confused by your comments, R155. Why such animosity towards Ross? At her age, and given her career, hasn't she earned the right to have a vanity project and CONTROL it the way that she sees fit? Either the album will sell or it won't. But, doesn't she too have a right to experiment, use her knowledge, and produce a product that she wants and is happy with, like other artists? What is it that you want? Or, what is it that is REALLY pissing you off so much?

by Anonymousreply 156June 27, 2021 1:21 PM

The song titles sound like insipid sound bytes mouthed by contestants in the Miss World pageant. Miss Ross forgot to have a song called "All I Want Is World Peace."

by Anonymousreply 157June 27, 2021 1:21 PM

R155 Yeah, those song titles sound terrible and cheesy. And if the first single is usually the “best” song from an album, I hate to think what the rest will sound like.

by Anonymousreply 158June 27, 2021 1:36 PM

If you read her Twitter account and/or her autobiography Secrets of a Sparrow, those song titles won't come as a complete surprise.

by Anonymousreply 159June 27, 2021 1:42 PM

She should have recorded a Michael Jackson tribute song called "Love Theme for My Chiwdwen."

by Anonymousreply 160June 27, 2021 1:48 PM

Exactly, R159! This is the place where she is in her life right now and what she feels motivates her. No "Real Housewives" drama here! And, what is wrong with wanting world peace, R157?

by Anonymousreply 161June 27, 2021 2:03 PM

Remember when she used to be daring and kept up with the times? She’s been stuck in this sappy shit for the past 30 years. Just like her hair.

by Anonymousreply 162June 27, 2021 2:06 PM

Her autobiography is on YouTube. I could only listen to a few seconds. Prose aside, the use of echo/reverb is a choice.

by Anonymousreply 163June 27, 2021 2:11 PM

[quote]She’s been stuck in this sappy shit for the past 30 years. Just like her hair.

And, along with all of that you're still here too, R162. Enraptured and fascinated by every breath she takes and every shit she makes. A fan, is still a fan, whether good or bad. You're talking about her and you know who she is. You take the bitter with the sweet.

by Anonymousreply 164June 27, 2021 2:14 PM

Musical sappy dreck. I wish she didn’t think we were all Diana Ross stans. Is there a song called Live, Love, Laugh?

by Anonymousreply 165June 27, 2021 2:35 PM

It’s *not* easy to get Jack Antonoff’s time

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166June 27, 2021 5:38 PM

R164 = Cilantro Ross (or is it Condiment?), trying to keep Mama happy and ensure herself a mention in the will because Lord knows she doesn't have a proper job.

by Anonymousreply 167June 27, 2021 5:41 PM

R167... girl, don't be so desperate in trying to look for friends and/or trying to keep yourself relevant when you can't. Your trying to create controversy on a thread about Miss Ross ain't gonna work!

Listen up, honey lamb... Mary Wilson is dead and your beloved heifer is somewhere stuffing her face with sweet potato pies because she sure isn't doing it on the stage or in any recording studios. Gladys... well... it's nice to hear that she is still on this side because I honestly thought that she had left here long before that "pain in the ass" Mary did. If you're one of Dionne's girls... do you know if she cleans the living rooms while she performs? I might be interested in her if that's part of her performance.

Click on the link below and go over to that thread to commiserate with your contemporary, doll...

Anyway, I'm sure Chudney Ross is financially set. Besides the Ross money her daddy is quite well off too. She's good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168June 27, 2021 6:01 PM

OH! And, here's the little hovel where Chudney Ross stores her condiments.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169June 27, 2021 6:02 PM

I'm impressed by Diana's daughter with Gordy and her keeping things black and proud. Diana still refers to blacks as Afro Americans "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170June 28, 2021 1:17 AM

How old is Rhonda's husband...?

by Anonymousreply 171June 28, 2021 1:19 AM

Tracee's father is family?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172June 28, 2021 1:22 AM

R172 I’ve kind of wondered that too. In most of his recent pictures, he looks….

He also never remarried.

by Anonymousreply 173June 28, 2021 1:30 AM

Silber stein has got 50 million bux. Rodney Kendrick is 61/Rhonda is 50 this year.

by Anonymousreply 174June 28, 2021 1:37 AM

He was kinda hot back in the day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175June 28, 2021 1:46 AM

Ok, scratch that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176June 28, 2021 1:46 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177June 29, 2021 10:24 PM

A Wendy pee porn? I don't need to see that!

by Anonymousreply 178June 29, 2021 10:28 PM

[quote] “Singing is my beautiful, delicious obsession,” the legend says.

Really? Gay porn is mine.

by Anonymousreply 179June 29, 2021 10:32 PM

[Quote] “Singing is my beautiful, delicious obsession,”

This sounds like something Shawn Mendes would say.

by Anonymousreply 180June 29, 2021 10:34 PM

Boring

by Anonymousreply 181June 29, 2021 11:14 PM

Cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182July 14, 2021 11:34 PM

Oh God why did some miserable old queen bump this???

by Anonymousreply 183July 14, 2021 11:36 PM

[quote] A fan, is still a fan, whether good or bad. You're talking about her and you know who she is.

Knowing who someone is isn’t the same as being “a fan,” is it?

by Anonymousreply 184July 15, 2021 3:28 AM

Woman's got the money and ability to record a new album entirely in her own home studio, has her first single from it released by an established label, and says she plans to tour in Europe in support of it in 2022, and she's basically still doing all this unbelievably approaching age 80? Doesn't sound bad to me, seems pretty incredible actually. More luck and kudos to her.

by Anonymousreply 185July 15, 2021 4:16 AM

Hi my friends, I have finally been able to put my website up www(dot)dianaross(dot)com and we're still making it better. I want to hear what you think of it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186July 15, 2021 10:39 PM

"They all owe a debt of gratitude to Ross, whose own daughter, Tracee Ellis Ross, has also sported the look time and again, looking as glam as her mom on each occasion. With Diana Ross recently announcing her first album in 15 years, set for release in September, here's hoping she delivers more jumpsuit magic as she returns to the stage. Minus the rain, that is."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187July 16, 2021 10:04 PM

Does this lazy bitch sing entire songs at her concert or does she still perform only a few lines and then ask the audience to sing along?

by Anonymousreply 188July 17, 2021 6:56 AM

I believe I read somewhere that many of the early Motown artists were trained to “dialogue” with the audience like that during songs. I’ve listened to Marvin Gaye in live recordings do the same thing. I think Diana does it too much, IMO, and it comes across very disingenuous.

by Anonymousreply 189July 17, 2021 7:13 AM

Stupid old little talent cunt flap

by Anonymousreply 190July 17, 2021 10:43 PM

If only she had a better voice. But let's give it to her. She made the most of her reedy pipes.

by Anonymousreply 191July 17, 2021 11:51 PM

There's texture to her voice, though. She's no Janet or Jody Watley, thankfully.

by Anonymousreply 192July 17, 2021 11:57 PM

It’s horrible.

by Anonymousreply 193July 18, 2021 12:01 AM

She would have been better off reuniting with Nile Rodgers.

by Anonymousreply 194July 18, 2021 7:44 AM

After "Workin' Overtime"? Hardly. Anyway, Miss Ross is careful with her coins. There's a reason she never worked with Jam & Lewis, Babyface etc. She had early talks with Mark Ronson for this album. But she chose the cheaper options.

by Anonymousreply 195July 18, 2021 8:09 AM

R195 Workin’ Overtime was actually a good album - she was just too damn old for New Jack Swing. Her mom jeans in the Workin’ Overtime video didn’t help either.

by Anonymousreply 196July 18, 2021 8:43 AM

[Quote] Workin’ Overtime was actually a good album

Oh, that explains why you want her to work with Nile Rodgers again.

by Anonymousreply 197July 18, 2021 8:47 AM

R197 That and he produced her bestselling album, the 1980 album “diana.”

by Anonymousreply 198July 18, 2021 8:56 AM

[Quote] and he produced her bestselling album, the 1980 album “diana.”

But her produced flop "Workin' Overtime"... which was my initial point. The last Chic album wasn't so hot either.

by Anonymousreply 199July 18, 2021 9:16 AM

What a narcissist. Barf.

by Anonymousreply 200July 18, 2021 9:28 AM

[quote] With Diana Ross recently announcing her first album in 15 years, set for release in September, here's hoping she delivers more jumpsuit magic as she returns to the stage

Jesus, how much did Diana pay to have this gushing drivel written about her? The bitch can barely sing these days and tries to get away with asking the audience to "sing" three quarters of every song. And no one wants to see some 80-year-old great-grandma in a jumpsuit, shaking her droopy tits and shoving her pussy in everyone's faces.

by Anonymousreply 201July 18, 2021 9:33 AM

R199 Oh, honey. If you thought that album was a flop, wait until this is released!

by Anonymousreply 202July 18, 2021 9:38 AM

[Quote] Oh, honey. If you thought that album was a flop, wait until this is released!

Sales are in the toilet anyway. She'll get a UK Top 10 and that will be the album's "hit" status even if it means 10 or 15k.

by Anonymousreply 203July 18, 2021 9:41 AM

R203 OK we get it Diana stan.

by Anonymousreply 204July 18, 2021 9:54 AM

You're the one who thinks "Workin' Overtime" is good, dear.

by Anonymousreply 205July 18, 2021 10:05 AM

Jesus, how much did Diana pay to have this gushing drivel written about her? The bitch can barely sing these days and tries to get away with asking the audience to "sing" three quarters of every song. And no one wants to see some 80-year-old great-grandma in a jumpsuit, shaking her droopy tits and shoving her pussy in everyone's faces.

Wait until I turn 80 and go on tour to perform the songs on my newest album. I may even toss in a re-arranged hit or two, along with Candy Shop.

by Anonymousreply 206July 18, 2021 12:57 PM

Diana is an inspiration.

by Anonymousreply 207July 18, 2021 1:02 PM

The songwriter who wrote the sappy piece of shit "If We Hold On Together" should have been barred immediately from getting any more songs published. If you are going to write schmaltzy dreck at least be familiar with the basic rules of grammar. The "For You And I..." line alone qualifies them for a public flogging.

by Anonymousreply 208July 18, 2021 2:04 PM

@R188; Sing with me BITCH! And, if you won't there are hundreds of thousands who will.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209July 18, 2021 2:50 PM

Dirty Diana!

by Anonymousreply 210July 18, 2021 3:38 PM

R188, I'm still waiting...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211July 18, 2021 4:20 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212July 18, 2021 4:23 PM

Diana Ross, 'Thank You' (Nov. 5)

Recorded in her home studio, the 13 tracks on Ross’ 25th studio album – and first since 2006’s “I Love You” album – are designed to instigate joy. The eternally regal vocalist worked with producer Jack Antonoff (Taylor Swift, Lorde) as well as songwriters Jimmy Napes (Sam Smith) and Amy Wadge (Ed Sheeran) to create an “inclusive musical message of love and togetherness.” The two singles released so far – the title track and the mirror ball throbber “If the World Just Danced” – indicate Ross’ goal of sparking happiness will be achieved. – Ruggieri

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213September 10, 2021 2:48 PM

Diana Ross always had very uneven taste. Also she never really goes away she makes music very now and then.

by Anonymousreply 214September 10, 2021 4:47 PM

Hideous treatment of her voice on this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215September 10, 2021 6:33 PM

^MMPH... I didn't like that. Maybe it'll work in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 216September 10, 2021 10:21 PM

This remix is pretty good and much better than the original.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217September 11, 2021 1:14 AM

Diana Ross, the original Queen of FFT

by Anonymousreply 218September 11, 2021 3:55 AM

R217 Its better but now its kind of creepy like she's dying tomorrow or something. Bleating a speeded up thank you through an entire song is weird.

by Anonymousreply 219September 11, 2021 8:00 AM

I liked that R217. But, I liked the original too.

by Anonymousreply 220September 11, 2021 12:01 PM

She sounds fine and that song could be good, but the talking is annoying and makes zero sense.

Idiot @ R6, Diana Ross doesn't need autotune.

by Anonymousreply 221September 11, 2021 1:16 PM

I don't know if I'm asking this correctly but I'll ask it anyway; When did you know that Diana Ross could really sing?

For me, it was two specific songs; 1) The Boss and 2) She did some special of where she sang gospel (99 1/2 Just Won't Do) With "The Boss" she hit notes that I never thought prior that she could hit and with the gospel song I was surprised (and then learned more about) her church/gospel roots.

by Anonymousreply 222September 11, 2021 2:04 PM

All I know is if I and out at a store or other public place and if Love Hangover, I'm Coming Out, or Upside Down are played as part of the music rotation I unconsciously start dancing and my nipples get hard !!! My mind goes back to dancing in 1980 at the Parliament House in Orlando and the Copa in Ft Lauderdale . I was really hot stud back then !!!

by Anonymousreply 223September 14, 2021 1:14 AM

^ Golly!

by Anonymousreply 224September 14, 2021 1:16 AM

OUT now!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225November 6, 2021 6:56 PM

The remixes of the singles are sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 226November 6, 2021 7:02 PM

The montage of clips in the video are interesting, she certainly had a lot of grand diva style over the years. She's the rare woman who (imo) looked far better in her 50s and 60s, once she put on a few elder pounds and finally got a curvy figure. She looked her best in those years, filling out her couture gowns.

by Anonymousreply 227November 6, 2021 7:15 PM

Slay!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228November 6, 2021 10:34 PM

Miss Ross sang ‘Thank You’ at the Queen’s Jubilee concert! [2nd song]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229June 7, 2022 11:42 PM

Why did she lipsync "Chain Reaction"?

by Anonymousreply 230June 7, 2022 11:50 PM

^ So many backup singers though, it’s like a whole village of ‘em

by Anonymousreply 231June 7, 2022 11:50 PM

Evan Ross is unknown in the UK. Rather odd to have him lead Diana out.

by Anonymousreply 232June 7, 2022 11:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!