Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Netflix's 'Young Royals', about a gay (bi?) Swedish prince at a boarding school

[...]

by Anonymousreply 551February 8, 2023 3:55 PM

Are they gonna use that Lorde song?

by Anonymousreply 1June 18, 2021 7:38 PM

That's one fugly royal.

by Anonymousreply 2June 18, 2021 7:40 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 3June 18, 2021 7:40 PM

Another foreign gay series on Netflix? Step it up America.

by Anonymousreply 4June 18, 2021 7:43 PM

A young prince and a young black girl who's obsessed with him? This could actually be interesting. I wonder if her name is Mäygøn?

by Anonymousreply 5June 18, 2021 7:44 PM

So the Swedish don’t do skincare ?

by Anonymousreply 6June 18, 2021 7:44 PM

Why are the leads ugly? Cui bono?

by Anonymousreply 7June 18, 2021 7:46 PM

R1 - no darling, that is reserved for real queens not some lowly, chicken-chested, pale princely gayling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 18, 2021 7:46 PM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 9June 18, 2021 7:47 PM

I don't see the Swedish Royal House clutching pearls over a gay prince. They're not the Windsors.

by Anonymousreply 10June 18, 2021 7:49 PM

Ugly? Chaz Bono.

by Anonymousreply 11June 18, 2021 7:50 PM

[quote]So the Swedish don’t do skincare ?

I thought you were kidding. Wall to wall spots on those actors. I guess it's fitting as they're playing teens.

by Anonymousreply 12June 18, 2021 8:16 PM

They should make it about some fake royal house like the that of Monaco 🇲🇨

by Anonymousreply 13June 18, 2021 9:11 PM

Or the House of Trump, r13.

by Anonymousreply 14June 18, 2021 9:13 PM

Looks interesting. Not your 'normal' beautiful cast.

by Anonymousreply 15June 18, 2021 9:21 PM

I enjoyed it- certainly not Hollywood style casting. But the two leads have good chemistry. The guy who played August is the only one that could have come from a US show. And a gay actor, Omar Rudberg playing a gay character!

by Anonymousreply 16July 3, 2021 1:42 PM

I thought it was great.

It's a show with actors playing teenagers who are actually, you know, teenagers.

I thought it was sensitive, well written and perfectly cast.

by Anonymousreply 17July 3, 2021 8:26 PM

R10 The Swedish Royals are very gay positive. Crown Princess Victoria has been actively involved in Stockholm's Pride celebrations for years. The Windsor's are (for the most part) far from being homophobic (most of the male staff are all gay). William and Catherine have been the most open and vocal of their support of LGBTQ+ matters. It might actually save the monarchy if George or Louis turned out to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 18July 3, 2021 8:40 PM

Dreary and boring as fuck!

by Anonymousreply 19July 4, 2021 5:57 AM

R6 It was a deliberate choice by the cast and producers not to make every look "hollywood" with perfect skin, hair and teeth. There are several interviews about it online.

by Anonymousreply 20July 4, 2021 6:22 AM

I binged through all 6 episodes. Superb acting and storytelling. Not for Americans. The leads impressed me, especially Edvin Ryding.

by Anonymousreply 21July 4, 2021 7:55 AM

I really liked it. Extremely predictable, but well-made. Had to chuckle about Shmi Skywalker as the Queen of Sweden.

As a European, I was glad that they decided not to go the unrealistic and saccharine Hollywood route. It was refreshing to see teens being played by actors who actually look like teens.

by Anonymousreply 22July 4, 2021 8:21 AM

Good points

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 4, 2021 1:48 PM

R20 - there is toning down the standard of beauty to a more realistic level and then there is face full of pus.

I'm not watching this sort of narcissistic, self-congratulatory fluff for a face full of pus.

Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 24July 4, 2021 3:37 PM

[quote] binged through all 6 episodes. Superb acting and storytelling. Not for Americans. The leads impressed me, especially Edvin Ryding.

Yes dreary and predictable teen soap operas, starring actors who are covered in severe acne are strictly for Europeans.

by Anonymousreply 25July 4, 2021 4:27 PM

Playing the best friends game..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26July 4, 2021 5:55 PM

There is not ugly about the leads.

by Anonymousreply 27July 4, 2021 5:57 PM

Edvin Ryder's face is expressive in a subtle way, displaying a range of emotions/thoughts with natural ease. It's so captivating that I often had to rewind back for missed translation.

I admit that I was a bit put off by the trailer but still had hope being a European show. They surpassed all my expectations. Hoping for S2 and that it won't be americanised.

by Anonymousreply 28July 4, 2021 7:56 PM

I just finished watching the series and I thought it was really good. I'm looking forward to the 2nd series.

by Anonymousreply 29July 4, 2021 10:08 PM

Watched the entire season today. I liked it a lot. The show didn't hold back on the gay affection and the main characters had great chemistry. I think it's obvious where they got their inspiration from though, lol. Not the gay story, but the two young male royals, the car crash etc. About the ending: I knew it would end like that. They needed an open ending in case it got renewed for a second season. It couldn't end happily ever after otherwise there would be no material for a second season.

by Anonymousreply 30July 4, 2021 10:08 PM

Is this a serialization of Carl Philip’s autobiography

by Anonymousreply 31July 4, 2021 10:41 PM

Is it a slasher horror film?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32July 4, 2021 10:51 PM

I liked it much more than I thought I would. These teenage characters seemed like real people, or at least more real than say, HBO’s current slate of Euphoria, Generation, or We Are Who We Are.

by Anonymousreply 33July 5, 2021 3:42 AM

And the richest family in Sweden is black?

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

by Anonymousreply 34July 5, 2021 3:44 AM

Prince Oscar and Princess Charlotte would be a good match.

by Anonymousreply 35July 5, 2021 3:54 AM

I watched it today and really enjoyed it! My only issue was I wish I spoke Swedish because the English dub is god awful but I hate watching with subtitles.

by Anonymousreply 36July 5, 2021 4:53 AM

I don't understand people who watch dubbed version. Voice is a part of acting. You lose a lot with molested version.

by Anonymousreply 37July 5, 2021 6:20 AM

I'm watching with subs. I am in the middle of the season. The prince had nice skin in the beginning but it got worse as it went on...

by Anonymousreply 38July 5, 2021 6:23 AM

Simon (Omar Rudberg) has flawless skin in any case.

by Anonymousreply 39July 5, 2021 6:31 AM

will there be a season 2?

by Anonymousreply 40July 5, 2021 8:24 AM

I noticed his skin too. I thought it was refreshing to have teenagers played by real people, aka people with flaws. Wilhelm is supposed to be a teenager. Acne comes with being a teenager. Even royals get bad skin. It just made it all the more believable. Thank god it wasn't an American tv show, where 30 year olds play teenagers, with perfect teeth and not a single zit in sight.

by Anonymousreply 41July 5, 2021 8:54 AM

yes, I agree and enjoyed this very much, except for the fat female who looks way too old. other than that, I thought everyone was pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 42July 5, 2021 9:35 AM

r42, I was wondering how she got cast for the role...she looks way too old for the part. Everyone else was looked like teenagers.

by Anonymousreply 43July 5, 2021 9:50 AM

Apologies for the typo...

by Anonymousreply 44July 5, 2021 9:52 AM

A couple of things that annoyed me: Simon and his sister looking nothing alike. Simon is a lot darker than his sister. I plugged him as an arab, after the show I noticed the actor's name was Omar and was not surprised. Also, what is with Simon and his sister having a Spanish mother? What an odd choice. There aren't many Spanish speaking immigrants in Scandinavia. I should know, I'm Norwegian. We have a very small Chilean diaspora here in Norway, but they are few compared to the Somalians, Iraneans, Afghans and Pakistanis. I know it's the same in Sweden.

by Anonymousreply 45July 5, 2021 10:44 AM

R40 I don't know, but I hope so. Then again, this is Netflix. I will never forgive them for cancelling The Society just two weeks before they were about to start shooting and then their excuse was that it was too expensive to film during covid. What utter bs. That show had a great gay storyline, with one half of the gay couple being a jock which rarely happens on American tv. Ugh. Anyways, my point is just that I'm crossing my fingers for a second season but also wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't renewed considering Netflix' track record.

by Anonymousreply 46July 5, 2021 10:49 AM

The actor is called Omar but was, in fact, born in Venezuela. I assume that his character's mother is supposed to be South-American as well.

I think that the actress playing his sister probably is also half South-American as well. In any case, there's no reason why she couldn't have more similarity to her Swedish father.

by Anonymousreply 47July 5, 2021 10:51 AM

R43 She was born 2002 (too old? LOL) , Edvin Ryding 2003.

by Anonymousreply 48July 5, 2021 2:42 PM

From the director..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49July 5, 2021 3:05 PM

R16 Wait, Omar Rudberg's gay?

by Anonymousreply 50July 5, 2021 4:03 PM

R40 Netflix hasn't renewed it as yet. I hope there is because I felt like six episodes wasn't enough.

by Anonymousreply 51July 5, 2021 4:07 PM

R40 & R51 Yup, in interviews the cast have stated they are hoping the show is picked up for another season. Because it's a Swedish series, the viewing figures on Nordic Netflix will be the determining factor more than the North American numbers. It seems to be doing well in Sweden.

by Anonymousreply 52July 5, 2021 4:19 PM

R52 I did my part. Watched the entire season yesterday. Watched it again today.

by Anonymousreply 53July 5, 2021 4:31 PM

[quote]Also, what is with Simon and his sister having a Spanish mother? What an odd choice...I should know, I'm Norwegian...I know it's the same in Sweden.

And it's clear you have the intellect of a Norwegian, because everyone knows Swedish Queen Silvia is half-Brazilian and speaks Brazilian Portuguese as her literal mother tongue, along with very fluent Spanish. Take a look at Victoria, Carl Philip, and Madeleine; they're not exactly Mette-Marit.

by Anonymousreply 54July 5, 2021 4:41 PM

Review

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55July 5, 2021 6:55 PM

R31 Why, Is Carl Phillip rumored to be gay?

by Anonymousreply 56July 5, 2021 7:24 PM

R56 A Swedish friend of mine claimed he was bi and not really hiding it.

by Anonymousreply 57July 5, 2021 7:43 PM

R50 he’s been spotted on Grindr in Stockholm.

by Anonymousreply 58July 5, 2021 7:49 PM

what about the other lead? he's gay too?

by Anonymousreply 59July 5, 2021 7:50 PM

R56, R57, R31 There had been a rumour circulating in posh circles in Stockholm back in the late-90s and early 00s, the Carl Philip was caught in some kind of same-sex sexual situation at the boarding school he attended. Queen Silvia allegedly had stern words for him and the story was covered up by the school supposedly. There are two versions that I heard circulated: One is that he was caught involved in a kind of "hazing" ritual circle-jerks where a group of guys jizz on a large cookie and the last one to cum has to eat it. The other rumour was that he was caught either giving or receiving head from a student.

by Anonymousreply 60July 5, 2021 7:57 PM

R58 I'll wait for something a bit more official

by Anonymousreply 61July 5, 2021 7:58 PM

I also strongly suspect the actor who plays August is also gay in real life.

by Anonymousreply 62July 5, 2021 8:06 PM

More people need to by hyping up this show like Kevin McHale

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63July 6, 2021 2:41 AM

He probably wants to make a cameo on the show like he did with Elite

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64July 6, 2021 2:42 AM

So the hottest girl in all of Sweden is a fat black girl with really bad skin?

PLEASE!

by Anonymousreply 65July 6, 2021 3:03 AM

[quote] So the hottest girl in all of Sweden is a fat black girl with really bad skin? PLEASE!

After all the conversation about their desire to cast acne prone actors. How did you reach the conclusion that any of the characters are supposed to be “the hottest” in the country? Did you even watch the series or are you just here to complain that the cast is not 150% white.

by Anonymousreply 66July 6, 2021 3:35 AM

Sometimes I worry about the lack of basic cognitive functions in some you halfwit bitches...

She's NOT the hottest girl in all of Sweden! (In fact, she acknowledges that she is not again and again.) She's popular in this particular circle because she's from a "modern noble" family—that is, she's got the pedigree and the money that people like August desire. August is mainly interested in her because her family is filthy rich. Felice on the other hand is interested in Wlle and August because her mom wants the family to marry into royalty. She just wants to be a teen girl who has fun with her girl friends.

by Anonymousreply 67July 6, 2021 3:41 AM

Forget I said anything about Omar and him being Spanish. It was a minor thing anyway. I did actually like the show a lot. Finally a gay storyline where affection and love are front and center, and sex too. It had everything. The actors had great chemistry and the acting was very good. One of the best gay storylines this year, if not the best. Elite was a let down this season imo, at least the gay storyline. Young Royals had the best of the two gay storylines.

by Anonymousreply 68July 6, 2021 11:28 AM

R68 as much as I love the boys from Elite, I don’t think any of their couples had as much chemistry as omar and edvin

by Anonymousreply 69July 6, 2021 3:50 PM

[quote]She's NOT the hottest girl in all of Sweden! (In fact, she acknowledges that she is not again and again.) She's popular in this particular circle because she's from a "modern noble" family—that is, she's got the pedigree and the money that people like August desire. August is mainly interested in her because her family is filthy rich.

You were not paying attention. When she is first seen, the Crown Prince says to August that all the boys want her. And it's not because of the money.

And one of her classmates tells her, "Everyone thinks you are perfect."

by Anonymousreply 70July 6, 2021 6:19 PM

The 'perfect 'comment was not about her looks - it was more about her general personality, life etc. Also it was clearly a case of trying to make her feel better about herself in that moment.

by Anonymousreply 71July 6, 2021 6:25 PM

[quote]The 'perfect 'comment was not about her looks

OK, if you say so . . . [rolls eyes]

by Anonymousreply 72July 6, 2021 6:30 PM

I just felt sorry for that horse.

by Anonymousreply 73July 6, 2021 6:31 PM

r73, Me too...the way Felice was brushing the horse, ugh!!! I wanted to hit her with the fucking brush!

by Anonymousreply 74July 6, 2021 6:53 PM

I am in love with the guy who plays August.

by Anonymousreply 75July 6, 2021 8:43 PM

I found August repulsive. He had a terrible body. And he dressed awful. There were a couple of hot guys in their group but they barely had anything to do. I could absolutely not get past the bad skin in the lead characters, and Simon looked like he got on the wrong bus. He was supposed to be an elf in the remake of Lord of the Rings: The Hobbit. I actually thought his little sister was petty. I liked Fat Felice. She was kind and decent. I watched it. I enjoyed it, but I was not invested in the characters, nor will I watch it again. Now if they do Season 2, at some point, I will watch it out of boredom or curiosity.

by Anonymousreply 76July 6, 2021 9:42 PM

I was emotionally invested in the characters and thought the acting was great. I hope there is a season 2.

Although the prince isn't handsome, I thought he was great in this.

by Anonymousreply 77July 7, 2021 1:48 AM

R76 what’s ‘terrible’ about his body?

by Anonymousreply 78July 7, 2021 6:33 AM

I thought it was stupid to have Simon give all those drugs to August, tasking him with selling them.

August was addicted to the ADHD meds. He wouldn't sell them. And he couldn't be trusted.

And nobody would believe August was poor just because Simone told them.

by Anonymousreply 79July 7, 2021 1:30 PM

this is fun

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80July 7, 2021 3:28 PM

Is Simon transitioning?

by Anonymousreply 81July 7, 2021 9:09 PM

The head writer on her Instastory Q&A : “there is all kinds of LGBTQ+'s involved in this production, in front and behind the camera, with their own experiences who've added so much to the show - it's just not of anyone's business and we don't comment on it in the show or outside.“

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82July 8, 2021 9:31 AM

[quote] They should make it about some fake royal house like the that of Monaco 🇲🇨

The Grimaldis are not royal. They are a princely family. Serene highnesses only. (except for Caroline, who married a Hanoverian prince)

by Anonymousreply 83July 8, 2021 11:45 AM

R82 Great! How about naming names

by Anonymousreply 84July 8, 2021 1:57 PM

R84 I've heard the actor playing Simon is gay and the actor playing Wilhelm is straight. Not sure if it's true, but wouldn't be surprised if it was. Simon pinged hard during the show (he was somewhat effeminate). Didn't get the same ping from Wille, and my gaydars is usually right.

by Anonymousreply 85July 8, 2021 2:14 PM

Gaydar*

by Anonymousreply 86July 8, 2021 2:15 PM

I agree, the kid who plays Simon pings to me as well. He's trying to be a musician also.

I am sure the kids these days esp those in the creative field try everything...at least once.

by Anonymousreply 87July 8, 2021 2:17 PM

The actor who plays Simon is likely gay (I thought he was out but apparently not). I also think the actor who plays August might be gay as well. I've watched an interview with him and he majorly pinged to me.

by Anonymousreply 88July 8, 2021 4:36 PM

I wish someone would use their Gaydar on Love, Victor. IMO, George is straight, Michael is fluid and Anthony Keyvan (Rahim) is Gay. I also wanted to say that Michael was finally allowed to show a more sexual side in the final 3 episodes. He was hot. It wasn't just adolescent grab ass, it was SEX.

by Anonymousreply 89July 8, 2021 6:12 PM

Felice reminds me of Christina Onassis, who wasn't pretty, but because she came from an incredibly rich family she was courted by all kinds of guys looking to marry her and get their grubby hands on her fortune.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90July 9, 2021 10:53 AM

Malte Gårdinger (August) is so channelling Timothee with his hairdo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91July 9, 2021 11:03 AM

Fantastic show. I know comparing it to Elite is frowned upon, but they do seem to share some odd choices in facial features. Like Elite Omar's unibrow situation in season four.

by Anonymousreply 92July 9, 2021 11:06 AM

[quote]Malte Gårdinger (August) is so channelling Timothee with his hairdo.

And yet he manages to do it with a chin.

by Anonymousreply 93July 9, 2021 11:13 AM

[quote]I've heard the actor playing Simon is gay

That video interviewing the cast makes him seem as if he is veering into trans. He very fem and wearing a woman's blouse and necklace.

It was a big turn-off to me.

by Anonymousreply 94July 9, 2021 2:59 PM

Some people are just fem or non-gender conforming R94

by Anonymousreply 95July 9, 2021 5:50 PM

But r94 was TURNED OFF!

by Anonymousreply 96July 9, 2021 5:52 PM

They actually look like teenagers!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97July 9, 2021 5:55 PM

R88 I hope August is gay. He is so dreamy.

by Anonymousreply 98July 9, 2021 5:56 PM

R97 He's actually a teenage. He's 18.

by Anonymousreply 99July 9, 2021 5:57 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100July 9, 2021 6:03 PM

DL fave Connor Jessup is a fan:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101July 9, 2021 6:33 PM

In retrospect, what I really liked about the love story between Wille and Simon was its relative maturity.

I mean, sure, there was still a lot of teen angst & drama and there were a some misunderstandings but, in the end, they always got together and talked it out. Even when Simon declined to continue their relationship in secret, acting out of a sense of self-preservation, he didn't put pressure on Wille by giving him an ultimatum; instead he just said, "I'm going to wait until you figure it out, but you'll have to figure it out yourself."

It was refreshing that, despite the events generating a lot of drama, both of them retained a sense of unity and remained committed to their relationship.

by Anonymousreply 102July 9, 2021 6:33 PM

A lot of younger gays seem to be a fan of this show

by Anonymousreply 103July 9, 2021 6:34 PM

R88 I wasn’t sure but having seen a few videos I get what you mean about him now.

A nice cast Instastory today and the actor who plays Erik says his favourite scene was Wilhelm and Simons love scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104July 9, 2021 6:34 PM

How many episodes before he presents his dewy land of plenty? He being Swedish, I would say before the first commercial break.

by Anonymousreply 105July 9, 2021 6:39 PM

Erik the brother was pretty hot, is he gay too?

It's so hard to tell with Europeans.

by Anonymousreply 106July 9, 2021 6:42 PM

Should I watch this or the gossip girl reboot?

by Anonymousreply 107July 9, 2021 6:48 PM

I loved everything about Young Royals. Zits and all.

by Anonymousreply 108July 9, 2021 6:51 PM

I'm iffy on the Gossip Girl reboot since it doesn't seem like any of the characters are actually gay, just bi/pan in straight relationships while flirting/cheating with guys. R107

by Anonymousreply 109July 9, 2021 7:23 PM

I tried to get into it. Seemed to me the woke casting was distracting. The majority of the cast was ethnic which seemed odd for Sweden, Denmark, Finland or Norway. Couldn't it be cast with locals?

by Anonymousreply 110July 9, 2021 7:32 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111July 9, 2021 10:41 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112July 10, 2021 8:11 AM

WTF was up with that basic kitchen dinner table setup where the royal family had supper after Erick's funeral?

And I know it's fun to go along with the story plots, but Simon was a bit delusional to think Wilhelm would come out after his big brother died. Sure, Wilhem was the one pursuing Simon, while high on drugs, but it must've been clear to Simon that if Wilhem HAS to choose between family obligation and Simon he would choose family.

I sure hope there'll be a second season.

by Anonymousreply 113July 10, 2021 8:12 AM

August's secret society was lame as fuck. Other than that, the show was pretty fun.

by Anonymousreply 114July 10, 2021 2:55 PM

[quote]WTF was up with that basic kitchen dinner table setup where the royal family had supper after Erick's funeral?

I thought this, too. I get that Scandinavian royal families are more low-key, but that kitchen looked downright working class.

by Anonymousreply 115July 10, 2021 4:15 PM

Maybe it’s because the real Swedish Royal Family can barely afford IKEA?

by Anonymousreply 116July 10, 2021 7:14 PM

I'm sorry. I've watched it and I have to say that these kids looked too young fo me to really enjoy their love affair. And honestly, they weren't attactive. I saw some cute guys but they had almost nothing to say or do. It was an OK story but it did nothing fo me. I found it unremarkable...except for the Acne. I wish the Love Victor stoyline could have had these writers. Love Victor has a hotter cast.

by Anonymousreply 117July 11, 2021 3:24 PM

r104 The actor who plays Wilhelm also said a sex/makeout scene with Omar was his favorite. These answers feel like pandering, tbh.

by Anonymousreply 118July 14, 2021 1:29 PM

Netflix interview

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119July 14, 2021 4:44 PM

Omar’s latest pic..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120July 14, 2021 8:39 PM

Seems to somewhat confirm our suspicions that Omar Rudberg is likely gay (or bi?), whereas the rest of them is straight.

That said, Prince Nicolai of Denmark *is* a really hot twink.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121July 15, 2021 5:40 AM

R121 thanks, that was cute. I glanced at their IGs few days ago and it looked like Omar was gay and Edvin straight (with GF in few photos).

by Anonymousreply 122July 15, 2021 7:11 AM

This show is adorable.

by Anonymousreply 123July 15, 2021 7:52 AM

R122 idk I also have pretty good gaydar and both Omar and Edvin ping imo. Idk if Edvin is gay but really doubt he's straight. Also looking at his IG there's no hint of a gf, just some pics with female costars and friends (one calls him her bestie but nothing to imply more than that).

Regardless of their actual sexualities though, the chemistry between the YR leads was both palpable and realistic and they both did a really good job imo

by Anonymousreply 124July 17, 2021 10:31 PM

I actually enjoyed the fact that the two leads looked like real teenagers, acne and all, it was a refreshing change from the Riverdale style jacked 30 year olds playing 17. And the leads had great chemistry.

But yeah, if you want something to jack off to don’t watch this, just watch S4 of elite, which was basically soft core gay porn.

by Anonymousreply 125July 18, 2021 12:17 AM

I just can’t get into Elite, but I loved this show. And I thought the sex scene was better than the Elite ones, even as tame as it was…there was that brief hot moment with the prince’s hand in Omar’s underwear,,

by Anonymousreply 126July 18, 2021 12:32 AM

R124 I may have rushed into the conclusion. You might be right for Edvin even though his IG looks rather straight to me. He was quick to choose prettiest girl in R121 video over a hot prince, unlike Omar who would date all the rest - IMO downplaying gay to bi. Edvin may still be bi, idk.

Agree that their RL doesn't actually matter. Their chemistry in YR is great. Edvin is really good actor and quite experienced too. I hope they get season 2. Netflix should hurry up.

by Anonymousreply 127July 18, 2021 7:23 AM

love it

by Anonymousreply 128July 18, 2021 7:33 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129July 19, 2021 5:28 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130July 20, 2021 9:51 PM

Acne or no acne, Edvin is beautiful

by Anonymousreply 131July 21, 2021 6:24 PM

[quote] Acne or no acne, Edvin is beautiful

You have a strange definition of beautiful. Acne is really unpleasant to at, on anyone.

by Anonymousreply 132July 23, 2021 7:46 AM

Some imperfections underline the beauty of their owner. I used to love Hunter Parrish's snaggle tooth.

by Anonymousreply 133July 23, 2021 7:54 AM

R132 oh dear a shallow fellow!

by Anonymousreply 134July 23, 2021 9:19 AM

[quote] Looks interesting. Not your 'normal' beautiful cast.

[quote] R132 oh dear a shallow fellow!

Did you forget that you yourself described the cast as “NOT” beautiful. I simply agreed with your earlier comment. Severe acne is no ones idea of beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 135July 23, 2021 5:46 PM

Shit. George Sear who plays Benji in Love, Victor has "slight imperfections." He needs to get his teeth capped. But he is beautiful. Genuinely beautiful. And totally natural. The acne guy from Young Royals is just too much. I have seen that kind of high school and it was gross to look at every day and it never really goes away it comes and goes. And as you get older your skin is pitted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136July 23, 2021 7:50 PM

Ervin is one ugly motherfucker for sure.

by Anonymousreply 137July 23, 2021 8:10 PM

No he is not ugly at all. He is captivating, interesting and beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 138July 23, 2021 8:53 PM

R54 His mother was Alice Soares de Toledo (1906-1997), a Brazilian descendant of Portuguese settlers (which mean white Bresilian), who settled in Brazil in the sixteenth century. The fact that she speaks Spanish (like many monarchs who speak 6 languages) does not make her a Spaniard you know...

by Anonymousreply 139July 23, 2021 9:24 PM

I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed the show. I am sucker for the depiction of young gay love (well, Simon is gay on the show but I guess it hasn't been confirmed that Willem is gay). I really liked the authenticity of using actual young people, zits and all, to play teenage characters. Both the leads are fantastic young actors and I was really impressed by their performances, not just the dialogue delivery but the use of the body and eyes to communicate feeling.

by Anonymousreply 140July 23, 2021 11:23 PM

[quote] Acne is really unpleasant to at, on anyone.

No one likes bitter, old drunks.

by Anonymousreply 141July 24, 2021 3:55 PM

[quote] No one likes bitter, old drunks. The Truth Fairy

Yes so you should probably go somewhere and hide.

by Anonymousreply 142July 24, 2021 5:21 PM

Yes, "I know you are" replies are so bracingly clever. Just as they were in second grade.

by Anonymousreply 143July 24, 2021 5:47 PM

The one thing this show get basically right is just how poor the Swedish Royal Family is. They’re basically literal beggars

by Anonymousreply 144July 25, 2021 1:56 AM

[quote] And the richest family in Sweden is black? LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

[quote] Netflix's 'Young Royals', about a gay (bi?) Swedish prince at a boarding school So the hottest girl in all of Sweden is a fat black girl with really bad skin? PLEASE!

[quote] Netflix's 'Young Royals', about a gay (bi?) Swedish prince at a boarding school You were not paying attention. When she is first seen, the Crown Prince says to August that all the boys want her. And it's not because of the money. And one of her classmates tells her, "Everyone thinks you are perfect."

[quote] Netflix's 'Young Royals', about a gay (bi?) Swedish prince at a boarding school OK, if you say so . . . [rolls eyes]

[quite] Netflix's 'Young Royals', about a gay (bi?) Swedish prince at a boarding school I just felt sorry for that horse.

[quote] Netflix's 'Young Royals', about a gay (bi?) Swedish prince at a boarding school I thought it was stupid to have Simon give all those drugs to August, tasking him with selling them. August was addicted to the ADHD meds. He wouldn't sell them. And he couldn't be trusted. And nobody would believe August was poor just because Simone told them.

[quote] Netflix's 'Young Royals', about a gay (bi?) Swedish prince at a boarding school Is Simon transitioning?

[quote] Netflix's 'Young Royals', about a gay (bi?) Swedish prince at a boarding school That video interviewing the cast makes him seem as if he is veering into trans. He very fem and wearing a woman's blouse and necklace. It was a big turn-off to me.

[quote] Netflix's 'Young Royals', about a gay (bi?) Swedish prince at a boarding school I thought this, too. I get that Scandinavian royal families are more low-key, but that kitchen looked downright working class.

[quote] Netflix's 'Young Royals', about a gay (bi?) Swedish prince at a boarding school No one likes bitter, old drunks.

[quote] Netflix's 'Young Royals', about a gay (bi?) Swedish prince at a boarding school Yes, "I know you are" replies are so bracingly clever. Just as they were in second grade.

This is your idea your idea of “clever.”

by Anonymousreply 145July 25, 2021 2:49 AM

I wish they’d go ahead and announce season 2.

by Anonymousreply 146July 25, 2021 5:03 AM

R145 Your boring life is so incredibly sad that you have time to cross-reference posts of anonymous people. Get a fucking hobby.

by Anonymousreply 147July 26, 2021 4:51 AM

In current pics and videos of , his skin seems to have cleared up, so hopefully we don’t have to look at his acne in season 2.

by Anonymousreply 148July 26, 2021 7:30 PM

EdVIN that is…

by Anonymousreply 149July 26, 2021 7:32 PM

Thanks for the reviews! I will check it out along with Elite. What did the girl do to the horse? Brush it too hard (I hate animal abuse)?

by Anonymousreply 150July 26, 2021 8:13 PM

They may have used a filter on his skin for the videos, but wanted his skin to look rough in the show itself to add realism.

by Anonymousreply 151July 26, 2021 9:09 PM

Season 2 might have to have significant changes. The heifer playing the daughter of Sweden’s richest family is way out of place— she looks mid 30’s. The guy playing the love interest looks to have transitioned.

Also, it was a mistake making the main character the crown prince. He, now needs, to produce a legitimate heir and doesn’t seem to have any more siblings he can leave securing the line of success to.

by Anonymousreply 152July 26, 2021 11:52 PM

[Quote] Also, it was a mistake making the main character the crown prince. He, now needs, to produce a legitimate heir and doesn’t seem to have any more siblings he can leave securing the line of success to.

That gives them a perfect opportunity to do a Diana-Camilla storyline, except "Camilla" would be male.

by Anonymousreply 153July 27, 2021 8:29 AM

[quote] Also, it was a mistake making the main character the crown prince.

The whole point was to make his struggle between love and royal obligation even harder for him. Otherwise, where would've been the real drama if the not-needed spare pulls a Harry and marries his common (male) lover?

by Anonymousreply 154July 27, 2021 9:09 AM

[quote] if the not-needed spare pulls a Harry and marries his common (male) lover?

How dare you compare Simon to MM?!

by Anonymousreply 155July 28, 2021 12:42 AM

Oh - Elite is good! Thanks for mentioning on here. I will watch Royals after Elite (I want eye candy first).

by Anonymousreply 156July 28, 2021 3:30 AM

Elite has eye candy but Young Royals has good writing and acting, best new show of 2021 perhaps!

by Anonymousreply 157July 28, 2021 1:17 PM

Edvin Ryding could play a younger version of Benedict Cumberbatch.

by Anonymousreply 158September 19, 2021 5:52 AM

I tried to watch this but it was a bit boring.

by Anonymousreply 159September 19, 2021 9:57 AM

I am loving it, but find Felice very unattractive and unlikable as well as August (btw, their pairing is pure fantasy in those circles). I don't like Sara either. Very depressing character. I do like Wilhelm/Simon though! On episode 5 now.

by Anonymousreply 160September 19, 2021 4:43 PM

what else are you guys watching? there is another series called "a class apart". from Sweden and about kids in boarding school. You might find it interesting.

by Anonymousreply 161September 19, 2021 10:24 PM

Finally, a TV show has the courage to expose the conservatism and homophobia of modern day Sweden.

by Anonymousreply 162September 19, 2021 10:40 PM

It looks like they are announcing season 2 tomorrow. Edvin and Omar have countdowns up on their Instagram stories with images from the show.

by Anonymousreply 163September 21, 2021 8:41 PM

I watched it during quarantine and it was a nice story, but after it was over I wasn't all hyped to watch it again or impatient for Season 2. In fact, I felt no connection to them outside the pleasant storyline. IMO they looked too young, and yes, the zits were off putting. But mostly it was how young they looked. I felt like a pedo. They looked like 14-15 y olds. I can't.

by Anonymousreply 164September 22, 2021 2:59 AM

This isn't a criticism just an observation that so many Americans on this thread are put off because teenagers are depicted having bad skin...

by Anonymousreply 165September 22, 2021 3:49 AM

R165, If I wanted that kind of authenticity, I would just walk around the neighborhood. The bad skin reminded me that they were kids. Young. Too young. There was no one in the show I could lust over. And I do like to admire the pretty ones. I guess I'm just superficial. But I enjoy love, Victor because the actors are older and they're attractive. I can look at Mason, Michael, George or even Anthony (Felix) and appreciate how hot they are, o how someone could have a crush on them. When Michael spots Benji for the first time, and he acts as if he's been stuck by lightning, we get it, and we understand how he feels because Benji is hot. Love, Victor seemed more like a modern fairytale or a fable, or something. It is definitely a "once upon a time..." thing.

by Anonymousreply 166September 22, 2021 4:23 AM

R166, same can be said for Elite. Not as touching or deep, but the cast is hot (and older). Very pleasant watching them have sex without feeling like a pedo. The only cute ones on Young Royals is the August (whose personality ruins it) and Simon (who is beautiful, but looks like he is 15).

by Anonymousreply 167September 22, 2021 6:04 AM

I was scrolling around Netflix and I think I saw a Spanish version of Elite. I definitely want to watch it.

by Anonymousreply 168September 22, 2021 1:17 PM

R168 Is there any other version of Elite?

by Anonymousreply 169September 22, 2021 1:47 PM

R169, Yes. English dub. Distracting

by Anonymousreply 170September 22, 2021 1:52 PM

Easy enough in Netflix to switch from dub to original language with or without subtitles.

by Anonymousreply 171September 22, 2021 1:54 PM

Second season confirmed for 2022

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172September 22, 2021 1:59 PM

I'm finally watching that and my first thought was what r113 and r115 said. Is the Swedish Royal family that poor or could this show just not afford elaborate sets?

I assume no way their living spaces look as pathetic as that post funeral dinner.

by Anonymousreply 173November 3, 2021 4:14 AM

i loved it.

by Anonymousreply 174November 3, 2021 4:20 AM

R173– I think they’re very “poor” by Royal standards. They are worth $20M which is nothing these days for their social class of people

by Anonymousreply 175November 3, 2021 10:57 PM

I only watched it now. Unlike other posters here I liked the pimply guy and found the love scenes between the two main characters really sexy.

Although, I felt bad for the working class guy who was constantly betrayed by the Prince. But this is what makes the story realistic. He should have stuck with his primal mistrust in ruling classes. But the desires of flesh were stronger.

I was reading the comments about the show on the internet and one ideological thing unnerved me and that is the constant avoiding of using the word gay. And calling the story lgbt, queer, pansexual etc. Describing prince as fluid. How was this fluidity shown? The fact that he had problems accepting his same sex attraction and the fact that he was lying he "wasn’t like that" to Simon while his body was telling the different story. His constant push and pull between homosexual desire and decision to be the perfect role model for conservative society.

From the moment he first came to school we notice him smiling at Simon while he was singing. Then praising his words in which he dismissed aristocrats as ultimate grifters. He was always around Simon, but running away when August and other high class douches noticed them together. And he was in mixed school, but we have never once noticed him looking twice at any of the girls. We have only seen him putting his hand in Simon’s pants and grabbing his dick. So, I think it is not wrong to call it gay story, no matter if Prince will later dutifully become a respectable hetero member of society.

by Anonymousreply 176May 24, 2022 12:41 PM

I binged this on a flight home last week & I bloody loved it. I was quite surprised, hands down my favourite show I’ve watched this year! I thought the story was really well written & quite mature in its take on young/first love. The two leads did a fantastic job, their chemistry was palpable. Excellent acting from both. I’m excited for season 2 - are there any rumours etc on the direction of the story? I kinda hope they go down the route of sticking it to the crown .. maybe even eventually showing a progressive crown?! I feel like Wilhelm has it in him to rebel & be who he wants to be. I think the Swedish Royal Family have actually recently come out & said their heirs can marry same sex.. I just hope, because I’m a real sucker for a love story, that Simon & Wille make it through! But I fear that’s the boring option.

One thing I find fascinating & really impressive watching interviews & instagram stuff with the cast is their ability to switch between Swedish & English at the drop of a hat. It’s incredible! Omar can flip to fluent Spanish as well..! Their English is really good for a second language. As someone who battled through a second language GCSE without much success, I just think it’s such a cool thing to be able to do!

by Anonymousreply 177May 26, 2022 10:53 AM

Oh I do agree R176, as a gay person myself, I find this trend of no-one having to reveal or discuss their sexuality a bit concerning. Of course, no-one should ever be forced out and I don’t think celebrities/actors etc should have to make it public knowledge if they don’t want too. So long as they can be open & honest around friends & family. But this discourse that it’s not important to be out & we aren’t discussing sexuality any more.. erm?! It’s a bit like BLM movement. It’s not good enough to say you don’t see colour. No, you should see colour & understand & celebrate cultural, racial & physical differences between each other. Same with sexuality. It’s not good enough to say oh it doesn’t matter who they fancy, we don’t talk about it. No, it does matter. We are out & proud & speak up for ourselves & our rights. We need ally’s to help us do this too. Please, keep talking & keep celebrating who we are. Because if we are not out & proud, who do the kids look up too? Those sat at home terrified that they are gay.. how does society become more tolerant if we are all sat at home not talking about our sexualities because it’s ‘not important’.

Back to YR - Surely in this storyline, Wilhelm is young & figuring out who he is. We see no indication at all that he is interested in girls. He appears to be grappling with the fact he’s into boys. Maybe he hasn’t yet accepted who he is but that will surely come?

by Anonymousreply 178May 26, 2022 11:09 AM

What a gay heir to the throne means for a hereditary monarchy based on “legitimate” children is what drives the tension in the story. I had the impression that Wilhelm was figuring out that he’s gay and not that he’s suddenly into guys as well as girls. Him looking at the straight couple making out was when he realized that wasn’t going to work for him and he needed to make it work with Simon. If he was bisexual he’d enjoy the fling in the knowledge he can find the mother of the next king in the future.

by Anonymousreply 179May 26, 2022 12:16 PM

Since the beginning of time, royalty was about the duty to a) sire a male heir and b) amass power by either conquering close-by kingdoms or through arranged marriages.

In the modern age, siring an heir might still be important, but he or she no longer has to be legitimate. I am sure these days' nobody would bat an eyelid of an heir to any throne being conceived through in vitro fertilization and a surrogate involved. Actually, behind closed doors, I think a few royal houses would love to have that kind of scientific control over the characteristics of their future king or queen.

And for that, the current king doesn't have to be straight or married.

by Anonymousreply 180May 26, 2022 12:43 PM

[quote]If he was bisexual he’d enjoy the fling in the knowledge he can find the mother of the next king in the future.

Exactly why I see this character as gay. If he was bisexual or fluid or whatever he wouldn’t be in such an inner struggle. It just wouldn't be that important for him to deny the attraction toward the other boy. I mean he is from Sweden, not from Russia or Florida. He would have some fun without so much guilt.

by Anonymousreply 181May 26, 2022 1:09 PM

Any news about season 2?

by Anonymousreply 182May 26, 2022 9:03 PM

I’d be all over this If it were in English but I’m a self diagnosed Dyslexic, when something is inconvenient for me.

by Anonymousreply 183May 26, 2022 10:07 PM

[quote]I am sure these days' nobody would bat an eyelid of an heir to any throne being conceived through in vitro fertilization and a surrogate involved.

I doubt there’d be any issues with IVF but I’d venture to suggest that a same sex monarch using a surrogate would be seen as scandalous for many people. It would bat plenty of eyelids. The UK doesn’t even know how to manage titles for same sex spouses.

by Anonymousreply 184May 27, 2022 5:33 AM

R183 - the English dub is actually done by the actors themselves (again, so bloody impressive!). It’s not as good as the Swedish in my opinion, dubbing never is but it could be worse. They have very American accents!

by Anonymousreply 185May 27, 2022 7:30 AM

R184 - as a British person myself, the British people would loose their shit. They couldn’t cope with a mixed race child. I think gays are a step too far 😂 I’d love to see how they’d cope with it! Props to Sweden for saying it’s OK for the children to marry their same sex & still be monarch.

by Anonymousreply 186May 27, 2022 10:37 AM

British couldn't even cope with Camila who female and white for some reason, so the family forced Charles to marry Diana, imagine how would they cope with same sex marriage

by Anonymousreply 187May 27, 2022 10:42 AM

I meant "who is female and white...".

by Anonymousreply 188May 27, 2022 10:43 AM

When will season 2 premiere? I prefer Young Royals over Heartstopper. At least the gays on Young Royals got to have sex. Also, the characters are much more fleshed out, unlike on Heartstopper where they are one dimensional.

by Anonymousreply 189May 27, 2022 3:00 PM

They’ve wrapped filing season two this month, so I suspect Autumn/Winter time. Season 1 wrapped in Dec 2020 & came out in July 2021..

I think there is room for both shows but I agree YR is a lot, lot better. Despite it being a show about a gay prince & a pauper essentially, it felt really real. The sex scenes were excellent, the right mix of awkward, hot, messy & loving without being too full on as they are supposed to be teenagers .. the morning breath scene could have been weird but the leads chemistry made it anything but .. People are critical of Edvin’s appearance but he is a fantastic actor & you can see why the cast him & Omar together.

I like HS until the characters start talking. The dialog is just so twee & infantile. ‘Why are we like this’ just makes me CRINGE. These are 15/16 year old boys, no-one talks like that!

by Anonymousreply 190May 27, 2022 7:32 PM

Heartstopper is essentially a fairytale - there’s no real need for deep characters. It was well made and I enjoyed it - definitely a ‘feel good’ watch. It will be interesting to see how the next seasons go if they pursue the eating disorder and homophobic family member storylines, which are going to need more depth to pull off. Young Royals was trope after trope after trope, but the lead actors were very good and the reason tropes are used is because they bring some drama and interest to the story. I enjoyed it more than Heartstopper (though of the gay coming of age TV series, Skam was much better than both).

by Anonymousreply 191May 28, 2022 5:02 AM

R191 You nailed it. I still think the characters on Young Royals were better than Heartstopper. Sure, Young Royals might have had more tropes, but I'm talking pure characterization. They were flawed. They made mistakes. They were acting like assholes at times, even though they were good people deep down. They just felt like real people. Real people are not perfect, real people make mistakes. I couldn't stand the one dimensional characters on Heartstopper. Ben was a villain, Nick was perfect etc. They didn't act like normal teenagers. It's clear they were characters on a tv show. You can say what you want about Elite, yes, it's ridiculous and over the top, but at least Elite managed to create flawed characters. The teenagers are often assholes. Just characterization-wise, I think Young Royals and Elite did a better job. The characters on Heartstopper were too perfect, like a fairytale. It didn't feel real at all. Anyways, just my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 192May 28, 2022 7:22 AM

R185 thank you, I’ll check it out

by Anonymousreply 193May 28, 2022 8:45 AM

Season 2 - Wille leads a revolution & Simon becomes the fabulous queer prince he deserves to be 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194May 28, 2022 6:30 PM

Nailed it totally R191 & R192.

HS is a fairytale. I really liked it but everything was too one dimensional. Ben is one of the more interesting characters to be honest, closeted & hating himself for who he is. He is obviously a bully but he’s 15. There’a a whole lot of growing up to be done for him. I hope they bring him back but apparently he’s not in the rest of the books bar a spin off.

I’m so excited for S2 of YR. I’m confident they’ll carry the story on really well, the leads have said lots of drama but lots of love. And that they think the audience will like it but might not expect what happens..

by Anonymousreply 195May 28, 2022 6:44 PM

[quote]That's one fugly royal.

Just the one, dear?

by Anonymousreply 196May 29, 2022 12:21 AM

Fugly royals are Windsors, not this one.

I think that the young guy who plays the prince is very sexy. Too bad for his severe acne condition, but he oozes sex appeal.

by Anonymousreply 197May 29, 2022 5:50 PM

His skin is bad, poor kid. But loads better now looking at him in real life. I was initially very much a no on his looks, probably didn’t help that I think Omar is super beautiful! But actually, he’s really grown on me. The recently short hair is much better. But I think mostly it’s how much I’ve come to like him off-screen. Watching interviews etc, I think he’s so lovely! He’s genuinely a breath of fresh air, he’s really engaging and mature for his 19 years!

by Anonymousreply 198May 29, 2022 7:25 PM

Though it is obvious he is still a child in the interviews.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199May 29, 2022 7:35 PM

That’s what I like about him, he’s so engaging for a 19 year old but still has the teenage energy going on, he’s not lost that youthfulness to media coaching etc.

I confess, I absolutely love their friendship. They make me smile. They seem genuinely close which must be helpful when filming what must be really awkward scenes. To have that trust & respect between you off screen.

by Anonymousreply 200May 29, 2022 9:56 PM

Also, that dog in the background of their clip made me lol.

by Anonymousreply 201May 29, 2022 10:00 PM

The Latino guy who played his love interest is a sweet guy too.

by Anonymousreply 202May 29, 2022 11:51 PM

Just finished six episodes, was totally captivated

by Anonymousreply 203May 31, 2022 7:30 AM

It’s good right R203. I went from casual viewer to slightly obsessed.

by Anonymousreply 204May 31, 2022 2:40 PM

Heartstopper was simple, bubbly and fun. Young Royals is slower, a bit more work, but perhaps the issues and decisions (involving Swedish royalty lol) are a bit more realistic. I definitely noticed the acne in every scene, but I only winced once or twice when you could tell it was BAD. Anyway, I liked both shows, and look forward to the next seasons.

by Anonymousreply 205May 31, 2022 2:56 PM

R205 The fact that teenage boys are sexual beings is also more realistic.

by Anonymousreply 206May 31, 2022 3:00 PM

Despite being about a prince & his poor boyfriend, YR is 100x more realistic than HS. Mostly because teens actually make out & have sex rather then chaste kiss & giggle about ‘why are we like this’ 🥴 like two 13 year old girls.

There is room for both shows but let’s not kid ourselves HS is realistic. It’s a cute fairytale where 15 year old stay together forever 😂

by Anonymousreply 207May 31, 2022 4:18 PM

R192 it's literally based on a webtoon and it's rated 13+, what do you expect? I liked it, it's a feel-good one time watch series. But it's become overrated as fuck, no doubt there.

by Anonymousreply 208June 5, 2022 8:01 PM

R208, I’m sure you know Heartstoppers was a series of graphic novels long before it was adapted to any other media.

by Anonymousreply 209June 6, 2022 12:59 PM

[quote] I’m sure you know Heartstoppers was a series of graphic novels long before it was adapted to any other media.

No, it was a webcomic first, then was collected and published in print.

by Anonymousreply 210June 7, 2022 12:56 AM

R186 is Meghan Markle

by Anonymousreply 211June 12, 2022 4:29 AM

Season 2 comes out in November.

by Anonymousreply 212July 12, 2022 7:52 AM

I want to see more of the "Bosie" looking guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213July 27, 2022 7:40 PM

I don't think Young Royals requires more work. It was very tightly plotted. The characters were well drawn and acted. I particularly liked that no one was entirely good. Even Simon's mother was criticised for exposing her kids to a drug abuser.

by Anonymousreply 214July 27, 2022 7:42 PM

The casting of Felice was a question mark for me as well, though I'm not familiar with Swedish society.

by Anonymousreply 215July 27, 2022 7:43 PM

R215 the biggest mystery of all

by Anonymousreply 216July 28, 2022 4:12 PM

I thought the Felice/Mother relationship was underdeveloped. You're a brown, plus size female and your mother is a pale, stick thin blonde. Wouldn't your self image issues be giant? Especially in the society in which you move?

by Anonymousreply 217July 28, 2022 4:20 PM

The actor who plays August follows Sebastian Croft on social media but no one else from the Heartstopper cast, I wonder why.

by Anonymousreply 218July 28, 2022 4:23 PM

Croft probably followed him first. That Greek Cypriot doesn't let the grass grow underneath him.

by Anonymousreply 219July 28, 2022 4:24 PM

R218 they might have met or have interacted on sm itself because Sebastian is very active on social media, weirdo.

by Anonymousreply 220July 28, 2022 6:07 PM

Weirdo? Who pissed in your cheerios?

by Anonymousreply 221July 28, 2022 6:09 PM

The show won big at the Swedish BAFTAs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222September 2, 2022 7:28 PM

Good for them, it’s a great little show. Really well done & the two leads had fantastic chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 223September 2, 2022 8:54 PM

[quote]Who pissed in your cheerios?

Well, I'm not naming names, but...

by Anonymousreply 224September 2, 2022 8:57 PM

Do we think the second season will deliver?

by Anonymousreply 225September 2, 2022 9:21 PM

I recon so. I think the writers & creators are bold & wont take the story down the easy route. I think it’ll be gritty & real, much like season one. I’m not holding out hope for a happy ending. The cast seem really mature for their young ages & have mentioned being somewhat involved in the script writing process & where their characters go. It seems a real collaborative effort, with those involved wanting to make dark & interesting TV, not fairytale stuff (which has its place, not knocking it). Fingers crossed.

by Anonymousreply 226September 2, 2022 9:40 PM

R225 not sure about that but it's definitely gonna be the last season. The hype is gone.

by Anonymousreply 227September 3, 2022 6:25 AM

Cast interview with Vogue Scandinavia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228September 22, 2022 5:04 AM

Wow, they really get into miming the pottery scene from "Ghost" circa 6:20. I can't imagine the leads from Heartstopper behaving with such gay abandon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229September 23, 2022 3:26 AM

The YR cast are a breath of fresh air. They all seem so grounded & drama free. For a 19 year old, Edvin is impressive. Refreshingly honest, smart & eloquent. I really like him. It probably helps that it’s a lower level of fame & that the YR fans seem far, far less toxic & far less insane. It all seems very respectful. HS is a complete mess. I was a new fan to the book & show but I’ve stepped away, the fans have genuinely put me off it entirely.

by Anonymousreply 230September 23, 2022 12:55 PM

You forgot to mention how ugly YR cast is.

by Anonymousreply 231September 23, 2022 1:07 PM

I don't know if it has already been said but the cast is very ugly

by Anonymousreply 232September 23, 2022 1:17 PM

[Quote] It probably helps that it’s a lower level of fame

Not really. He has people waiting outside his house. And he was followed around Paris. He seems to be taking it all in stride, though.

by Anonymousreply 233September 23, 2022 1:37 PM

When I saw this thread had been bumped up, I was hoping for some news on season two air dates.

by Anonymousreply 234September 23, 2022 2:43 PM

November at some point. Sure they’ll announce exact dates soon with a promo video. They usually run 4-6 weeks before the show drops. Anyone calling Omar ugly needs their eyes tested.

by Anonymousreply 235September 23, 2022 10:25 PM

Season 2 will be the last season. Too much gap.

by Anonymousreply 236September 23, 2022 10:41 PM

You sound butthurt.

by Anonymousreply 237September 23, 2022 10:42 PM

I think it will be the last too. But mostly because the cast want to move on from it. Edvin said something along the lines of being done with Wilhelm. Again, unlike HS, YR hasn’t taken over the casts entire identities.

by Anonymousreply 238September 24, 2022 2:54 PM

DL fave and “the poor man’s Manu Rios” actor Andrew Matarazzo took time away from lounging by pools to attend some fashion show and he took a photo with Omar in his IG stories.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239September 24, 2022 6:29 PM

Can you post it?

by Anonymousreply 240September 24, 2022 6:38 PM

[Quote] Edvin said something along the lines of being done with Wilhelm.

He has mentioned turning down gay roles he's been offered since "Young Royals."

by Anonymousreply 241September 24, 2022 6:38 PM

R239 doesn't come anywhere near manu Rios in terms of looks.

by Anonymousreply 242September 24, 2022 6:39 PM

R240

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243September 24, 2022 6:46 PM

Thanks, r243. Omar loves a relaxed face, doesn't he.

by Anonymousreply 244September 24, 2022 6:51 PM

Andrew and Omar have beautiful lips. Was Nurbo with Omar at Milan Fashion Week?

by Anonymousreply 245September 24, 2022 8:46 PM

I love this show "Young Royals". The villain "August" is creepy but kinda hot. I think he's bisexual. They've hinted he may be part of a love triangle with the two lovers. Comes back in November.

by Anonymousreply 246September 24, 2022 8:49 PM

"August" doesn't seem to be very active on social media. What makes you say he might be bisexual?

by Anonymousreply 247September 24, 2022 8:52 PM

Omar and Joe Locke interacted on Twitter recently.

by Anonymousreply 248September 24, 2022 8:53 PM

[quote]You sound butthurt.

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 249September 24, 2022 8:56 PM

just found this thread but think the series is fantastic. cant wait for season two. one of the best and most realistic high school series. i love how they tackle the fluidity of popularity and cliques

by Anonymousreply 250September 24, 2022 9:22 PM

Malte who plays August is quite attractive in real life, I agree. He’s got curls to rival Omar’s & I love curly hair. He doesn’t use social media much at all, he’s mentioned absolutely not wanting that kinda fame. His Dad is famous presenter in Sweden, presumably grew up with that & disliked the attention.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251September 24, 2022 9:29 PM

R245 - no, Nurbo wasn’t there. He’s away filming looking at his Insta. Edvin was there though, they went to the Boss show together.

by Anonymousreply 252September 24, 2022 9:30 PM

I can't decide if Edvin's skin has improved or if it's just a good beat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253September 24, 2022 9:35 PM

Malte and Felicia (who plays one of Felice's friends in the show, and who helped get Omar cast) have a podcast together. Unfortunately it's in Swedish. Did anyone notice how Malte sometimes sounded English in the English dub of the show? Edvin, coversely, sounded very American. Ivar Forsling didn't sound like himself in the English dub at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254September 24, 2022 9:38 PM

I was really surprised to learn the actual actors did the dubbing. Their English is impressive. I manage a team who speak English as a second language & they have an ‘American’ accent. They say it’s how they learnt English. Through movies & TV. And their English lessons would be listening to recordings of Americans speaking.

by Anonymousreply 255September 24, 2022 9:49 PM

I think Edvin’s skin is loads better. Makes sense, he’s 19? now & not a younger teen. He suits the short hair, leave the curtains in the past please!

by Anonymousreply 256September 24, 2022 9:52 PM

R256 he went on accutane

by Anonymousreply 257September 24, 2022 9:55 PM

This is from his graduation, I think. How far back was that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258September 24, 2022 9:57 PM

One thing I noticed in the English dubbing is that one of the actors flipped between pronunciations of Simon. I think it wa Nikita (Felice). For some reason, the Queen's performance made even more of an impression on me in English. Her gravitas came through even stronger.

by Anonymousreply 259September 24, 2022 9:58 PM

[Quote] they have an ‘American’ accent. They say it’s how they learnt English. Through movies & TV. And their English lessons would be listening to recordings of Americans speaking.

That's why some of Malte's English pronunciations struck me. Perhaps it was quite deliberate, as August wears his upper class status pretty heavily.

by Anonymousreply 260September 24, 2022 10:00 PM

I still don't understand why Felice's friend spoke in English the whole damn time. "I'm not comfortable speaking in Swedish" doesn't really hold water.

by Anonymousreply 261September 24, 2022 10:01 PM

The first 4 minutes of Season 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262September 30, 2022 2:12 PM

That dream sequence is gooood.

by Anonymousreply 263September 30, 2022 5:06 PM

The Wattpad part is hilarious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264October 7, 2022 10:50 AM

"I'm not comfortable speaking in Swedish" doesn't really hold water."

And that's why I want to speak to the Netflix manager, poste haste young salesperson!

by Anonymousreply 265October 7, 2022 10:57 AM

I loved the "I'm not comfortable speaking in Swedish" line. That's how I'm around French speakers -- I understand them, but I'd rather reply to them in English, while urging them to carry on in French. I think it's a fun, cosmopolitan way to carry a conversation, no one should be offended by that.

by Anonymousreply 266October 7, 2022 12:46 PM

Season 2 trailer.

Out November 1st.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267October 18, 2022 2:21 PM

I'm glad that Simon has a new love interest. Was that one of the bodyguards pulling Wille from the desk?

by Anonymousreply 268October 18, 2022 3:37 PM

This looks SO good. I really looking forward to it, it’s such a good series! I love all the angst & the drama & Edvin is a fantastic actor. I hope he starts that goddamn revolution.

by Anonymousreply 269October 18, 2022 3:42 PM

From that clip, I have a feeling I'll enjoy August's story this season more than Wilhelm's.

by Anonymousreply 270October 18, 2022 3:43 PM

I’m interested in that too. August is a curious character, I like the contrast between this kinda elevated status of being the all important boy at the school and the fact Wilhelm ranks way higher than him in their family & general importance. His family are also broke right? Suggesting they also lived above their status, so you see where he gets it from. He wronged the most important member of his family bar the Queen and he knows it. VERY interesting.

by Anonymousreply 271October 18, 2022 3:52 PM

Marcus looks a strapping fellow. I wonder if we'll get Simon pounded out this season.

by Anonymousreply 272October 18, 2022 4:04 PM

Short scene excerpt from Season 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273October 22, 2022 12:16 AM

Another, better short scene. Note: Alexander is back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274October 22, 2022 12:17 AM

What in the fuck is going on in this pic?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275November 1, 2022 3:38 AM

Season 2 dropped tonight!

by Anonymousreply 276November 1, 2022 8:17 AM

So the prince is bi. Meh.

by Anonymousreply 277November 1, 2022 2:43 PM

R274 And this is a SHE. Fuck Tranny.

by Anonymousreply 278November 1, 2022 2:47 PM

R275 this post would have blown up leading to dating speculations if the other guy was good looking. Double standards.

by Anonymousreply 279November 1, 2022 4:09 PM

Loads of people obsesses about Edvin & Omar. There’s hundreds of Insta pages about the two of them. Omar has a boyfriend though & the YR fans seem to respect that.

by Anonymousreply 280November 1, 2022 4:42 PM

R280 his bf looks average, he's older than him, I know he satisfies Omar in ways edvin cannot.

by Anonymousreply 281November 1, 2022 4:59 PM

R277 I only watched two episodes last night, but I got the feeling he wants to come out as gay. Maybe I'm misreading.

by Anonymousreply 282November 1, 2022 11:07 PM

I'm watching season 2 episode 1 right now!

by Anonymousreply 283November 2, 2022 1:12 AM

I see the prince still has skin problems in season 2

by Anonymousreply 284November 2, 2022 1:27 AM

I've definitely screamed into the pillow like the crown prince end of episode one.

by Anonymousreply 285November 2, 2022 1:40 AM

If I were Simon, Markus would have killed any chances with me via that karaoke duet about "our" love...

by Anonymousreply 286November 2, 2022 1:50 AM

Felice is so fat and old. there is no way she is a teenager

by Anonymousreply 287November 2, 2022 3:21 AM

[quote]his bf looks average, he's older than him, I know he satisfies Omar in ways edvin cannot.

If this is his boyfriend, he's kinda hot. Sure, he has a boxer's nose (because he is a boxer), but still... It's easy to see why Rudberg is attracted to him. You just know his boyfriend "pounds his ass like at gay Mardi Gras."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288November 2, 2022 4:34 AM

Finished all 6 episodes. I doubt there will be a season 3. It would be nice but who knows?

by Anonymousreply 289November 2, 2022 4:46 AM

are they both out in real life? the prince ?

by Anonymousreply 290November 2, 2022 4:47 AM

Spoilers requested

by Anonymousreply 291November 2, 2022 4:54 AM

spoilers-------------

look away if you don't want to know what happens---------------

R291, in the last episode, the prince has to give a speech in public. He admits it was him in the video.

I think Felice got even fatter this season. I mean, if you're fat, you shouldn't wear horizontal stripes. she wore a lot of tops with horizontal stripes!!!

by Anonymousreply 292November 2, 2022 5:12 AM

Full August backside in episode 4.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293November 2, 2022 11:30 PM

He's really skinny.

by Anonymousreply 294November 2, 2022 11:34 PM

He is r294, he dropped weight between season. And he is definitely trying to flex those glutes as much as possible to make his ass look good in that picture at r293. Not that I blame him.

by Anonymousreply 295November 2, 2022 11:46 PM

That's his boyfriend r288? You are right, he looks like a rough trade top that would treat a bottom the way a lot of bottoms want to be treated.

by Anonymousreply 296November 2, 2022 11:55 PM

I'm not seeing any hype for this on Twitter; it's definitely going to get cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 297November 3, 2022 3:40 AM

The prince's acting is decent.

by Anonymousreply 298November 3, 2022 4:13 AM

I've not seen much hype anywhere r297.

One would think it would have some audience crossover from the Heartstoppers and similar type shows.

by Anonymousreply 299November 3, 2022 6:06 AM

The show deserves a season 3

by Anonymousreply 300November 3, 2022 9:23 AM

The final shot made me wonder if the last part was a dream sequence.

by Anonymousreply 301November 3, 2022 7:26 PM

The phone "plot" that August came up with made no sense as the video wasn't uploaded to the internet until a while after it was recorded.

Also, the palace doesn't want the Crown Prince to be seen with Simon and yet they still sit together in class (which makes Simon acting shifty when someone walks by while he's talking to Wilhelm in the library beyond comical)... Their classmates could easily sneak cameraphone pictures of them together.

The acting is very fine, though, except for one of the central quintet. The Queen is especially fine, alongside Edvin Ryding.

by Anonymousreply 302November 3, 2022 7:37 PM

One touch I liked was that Wilhelm's dresser was distinctly prissy.

by Anonymousreply 303November 3, 2022 7:39 PM

Guess actor Edvin is straight?

by Anonymousreply 304November 3, 2022 9:06 PM

Young Royals doesn't even make the Netflix top 10, it definitely has a small audience r297.

The one good thing is the show seems like it is pretty cheap to make, but still wouldn't be surprised if they don't make anymore of it.

by Anonymousreply 305November 3, 2022 9:23 PM

It does in Europe R305 - it’s top 10 in 65 countries, including Canada & the UK. It’s around the 4th most watched show this week across the whole of Netflix. That’s huge for a non-English language show & far higher than Season One. Netflix have different budgets for different countries & in turn for English v Non-English shows. It’s why Elite is on its 300th series, it’s French & popular enough in Europe. YR is no.1 in most Scandi countries where Netflix Nordic will be most interested in.

The world doesn’t revolve around the US ;) although while I hope it gets renewed, I liked the ending. It would be good enough for me.

by Anonymousreply 306November 3, 2022 9:48 PM

*Spanish not French

by Anonymousreply 307November 3, 2022 9:49 PM

Stop being boring.

Is young Edvin straight?

by Anonymousreply 308November 3, 2022 9:49 PM

R304 & R308 - we don’t know, he’s firmly shut down any chat about it.

He’s a fantastic actor. Kinda a shame he’s Swedish as I think he’ll struggle to break outside Sweden unless he can make his accent completely American sounding.

by Anonymousreply 309November 3, 2022 9:58 PM

r306 The Top10 Netflix website has no information about the top shows after the October 24-October 30 week, but a Twitter search does show many accounts saying the same things as you, so I guess you're right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310November 4, 2022 12:57 AM

Edvin came out... as someone who has struggled with anxiety. He mentioned an ex-girlfriend's support.

Edvin and Malte are very comfortable with fey body language.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311November 4, 2022 1:22 AM

R311, Malte really seems like he could be gay.

Edvin barely has a Swedish accent when he speaks English.

by Anonymousreply 312November 4, 2022 6:12 AM

New guy Tommy is strapping.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313November 4, 2022 6:19 AM

[Quote] Malte really seems like he could be gay.

He's hard to read, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314November 4, 2022 6:21 AM

They're all gay! You have to be blind to not see that.

by Anonymousreply 315November 4, 2022 6:33 AM

R315 Omar is gay for sure. Edvin could be bi like the other bl show sweetheart kit Connor, Edvin does give off bi vibes, he has a crush on timothee chalamet. Malte is difficult to read.

by Anonymousreply 316November 4, 2022 10:03 AM

I don't think Kit Connor is really bi bi. He is bi in the sense that zoomers are, nobody wants to be vile straight white man, so you must add some edge.

by Anonymousreply 317November 4, 2022 11:51 AM

I don't want to like shows like this, but I binged both seasons while convalescing from the flu, and I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. It took a few episodes to sort of get into it and look past some of the flaws. The chemistry between the two boys is fantastic and I'm liking the plot line.

by Anonymousreply 318November 4, 2022 12:06 PM

Edvin is straight. Last year there was this interview showing the actors a video clip and asking them whom they found attractive in it, and Omar was the only one naming someone of the same-sex.

by Anonymousreply 319November 4, 2022 12:39 PM

Agree r318. I checked out season 1 on a bored whim and was surprised how much I enjoyed it. Shows about high schoolers is a popular genre but this one is definitely better crafted than most.

by Anonymousreply 320November 4, 2022 1:57 PM

R317 R319 are the definition of old fashioned and close minded queens.

by Anonymousreply 321November 4, 2022 3:45 PM

No, but if I'm going to waste energy fooling myself an actor is actually gay, it's not going to be on a barely legal kid with bad skin.

by Anonymousreply 322November 4, 2022 3:49 PM

I like the kid no matter the bad skin, but I have a feeling he is pussylicker.

by Anonymousreply 323November 4, 2022 3:55 PM

Isn't it nice that one actor in the couple is openly gay and has a boyfriend? Seems silly trying to do force yourself into believing Edvin is gay, just because what, you want them both to be gay?

by Anonymousreply 324November 4, 2022 4:27 PM

Edvin is not gay nor he is straight until he confirms it. End of the story, now go fuck yourselves.

by Anonymousreply 325November 4, 2022 4:30 PM

Edvin had a girlfriend

by Anonymousreply 326November 4, 2022 4:34 PM

[Quote] Isn't it nice that one actor in the couple is openly gay and has a boyfriend?

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 327November 4, 2022 5:27 PM

[Quote] Last year there was this interview showing the actors a video clip and asking them whom they found attractive in it, and Omar was the only one naming someone of the same-sex.

For clarity: They were shown real life Young Royals and they were asked which one they'd like to date. Edvin chose a female. Omar said he'd take everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 328November 4, 2022 5:29 PM

So, Edvin is closeted!

by Anonymousreply 329November 4, 2022 6:00 PM

Edvin is private. He’s a good actor. Why is his sexual orientation anyones business.

by Anonymousreply 330November 4, 2022 6:11 PM

[Quote] I don't think Kit Connor is really bi bi. He is bi in the sense that zoomers are, nobody wants to be vile straight white man, so you must add some edge.

You just live in an internet bubble, don't you.

by Anonymousreply 331November 4, 2022 6:24 PM

[Quote] Edvin is private. He’s a good actor. Why is his sexual orientation anyones business.

He has mentioned an ex-girlfriend, so is he that private?

by Anonymousreply 332November 4, 2022 6:25 PM

For the troll who keeps saying Edvin is ugly:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333November 4, 2022 6:30 PM

Edvin has beautiful bone structure.

by Anonymousreply 334November 4, 2022 6:32 PM

I wonder if any journalist will ask Malte about the nude scene. Apparently, the "sex video" scene from the first season was supposed to feature (more than shirtless) nudity but of course it didn't in the end.

by Anonymousreply 335November 4, 2022 6:33 PM

Maybe he really is lesbian

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336November 4, 2022 6:35 PM

They all seem to be having a fey ol' time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337November 4, 2022 8:01 PM

Second season was ok, but seson one was better.

by Anonymousreply 338November 4, 2022 8:29 PM

R331 Has never been to tiktok where at least half of the guys pretend to be gay for clout.

by Anonymousreply 339November 4, 2022 8:31 PM

I think he’s playing it smart. He has an ex girlfriend but from when he was 16, so I don’t think that draws many conclusions. Teens be figuring themselves out. Other than that, there’s nothing to go on. He picked a female royal as attractive in an interview but also mentioned having a crush on Timothee C .. it’s impossible to tell. & good for him. Why should we, he’s only 18/19.

Are Omar & Nurbo still together? They’ve gone awfully quiet on socials but maybe that’s just to deflect attention as the new season kicks in.

by Anonymousreply 340November 4, 2022 9:00 PM

Omar and Nurbo were on vacation together pretty recently, no? I think you're right about being more discreet in the run up to promo.

by Anonymousreply 341November 4, 2022 9:03 PM

[Quote] Second season was ok, but seson one was better.

I think it was quite a shock to the system to see the Prince so vengeful for such an extended amount of time.

by Anonymousreply 342November 4, 2022 9:04 PM

R341 - that holiday was back in August, so a few months ago now. Just noticed he’d stopped commenting on Omar’s Insta posts (but did comment on Edvin’s YR post) & where previously he’s shouted about Omar’s music & YR awards wins etc, zero about season2. Also thought it was odd he took his mum to the premier & not Nurbo but he seems incredibly close to his mum to be fair. I love mine but I would not get a tattoo of her name on my collarbones 😂

by Anonymousreply 343November 4, 2022 9:14 PM

Is Malte genuinely bashful or is it just an act?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344November 5, 2022 7:19 AM

R342 My problem with season 2 is that Wille and Simon didn't spend enough time together. They spent most of the season apart. And yes, I get that it fit with the story, since they had just broken up in season 1. But that's what I was missing, their chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 345November 5, 2022 7:33 AM

But that made the meeting in the gardens, outside the ball, all the more sweet.

by Anonymousreply 346November 5, 2022 7:34 AM

R345 don't worry you'll watch them having sex and sex only next season

by Anonymousreply 347November 5, 2022 7:56 AM

I think it's great. Great acting, decent story writing, beautiful scenery. The cast has great chemistry and works well together. Kind of a sleeper hit..WAY better then Heartstoppers.. been way less drama from the cast.

by Anonymousreply 348November 5, 2022 12:00 PM

R340 I frequently notice that you women don't understand that18/19 is enough for boys to figure out what makes their dick hard. Gay boys might still be deluding themselves and have problems accepting their sexuality cause heterosexuality is the norm, but straight boys know damn well that they like pussy, I believe since they are 12 yo.

You women don't understand that boys are not women who often take much longer to come to terms with your sexuality and many straight girls have homosexual experiments still in early 20s, hence the term " lesbian until the college is over". Straight girls often have ambigous feelings toward heterosexual act, cause they see it as dirty and degrading and seek refuge in other girls. It is really uncommon for straight boys to hsve such isseues, their only problem is finding girls willing to have sex with them.

by Anonymousreply 349November 5, 2022 12:14 PM

A 35 year old married man with two kids can realise he's bisexual unexpectedly. Get over it, this ain't 80s.

by Anonymousreply 350November 5, 2022 12:18 PM

Haha, 80s? Human sexuality hasn't changed since ancient times.

No 35 yo old man suddenly realizes that he is bisexual. The guy was probably sucking cock back in the high school and later repressed it and got married. You forget that people very often just don't tell the truth.

You women are funny when you believe that there is anything complex and sophisticated about male sexuality as it is with female sexuality. Those fuckers just want to stick it in (if they are not bottom) and mostly they know what they like. Some are not choosy and would fuck anything with a pulse (bisexuals), others are particular and not that they are attracted to one sex exclusively, but also only to certain type. But, it doesn't take them that much time o figure it out. Even when they are in denial deep down they know it.

by Anonymousreply 351November 5, 2022 12:48 PM

Even though season 2 felt a bit lackluster to me I will say that Young Royals is still a million times better than that annoying Heartstopper show. At least these kids act like teenagers, they drink, they party, they swear, they have sex, they make mistakes. I could never get into Heartstopper because it was just so incredibly unrealiatic. They just kiss, they never have sex. Wtf?! Are they 10? And also, what's with them not drinking but going out for milkhakes? It just feels like a watered down show for gay kids, kids under the age of 12. I guess it's fine... for what it is. But I prefer to watch more realistic shows, where teenagers act like teenagers, and where gay sex isn't banned.

by Anonymousreply 352November 5, 2022 12:55 PM

R352 Agreed. Heartstopper is stupid gay Cinderella, written by Victorian frigid frau.

by Anonymousreply 353November 5, 2022 1:01 PM

Lol!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354November 5, 2022 1:23 PM

Charlie was 14 in the first part of the first season. they actually end up doing all of that when he gets older in the books

by Anonymousreply 355November 5, 2022 2:49 PM

they are hilarious 😂😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356November 5, 2022 3:06 PM

The YR characters are only 16, just like Nick in HS. But they make Nick seem about 12 & Wille & Simon about 20.

People talk about the YR cast looking like teens, I mean they kinda do, more so in season one I think but they don’t look remotely 16. It’s obvious they are a few years older in real life. That’s why the drinking & partying doesn’t look out of place, they look at least 18 the lot of them. I feel like they’d have maybe been better setting it at a university or something.

by Anonymousreply 357November 5, 2022 3:38 PM

No R357, they were not 18, at least Edvin was still underage in Season 1. I have read that it is why the producers left their panties on in the sex scene.

by Anonymousreply 358November 5, 2022 3:56 PM

I didn’t say they were 18, they just look older than 16. The main cast is all over 20 - August, Simon, Sara & Felice are 21/22. Rosh is 25. Edvin is by far the youngest main cast & he does look younger teen in season 1 I think but not this season. He does not look like a 16 high school student. He looks late teens, which he is. Guess that’s continuity you gotta overlook when it’s 18 months between seasons but only a Christmas break in the story!

by Anonymousreply 359November 5, 2022 4:11 PM

So no one's talking about "Single behavior"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360November 5, 2022 4:35 PM

This whole thing is making me laugh. Isn't Edvin straight? Why is he jealous

by Anonymousreply 361November 5, 2022 4:48 PM

But Omar and Edvin are always all over each other? Why now?

About Nurbo's IG story, if that is Omar he's having dinner with, he would have shown him. He loves flaunting their relationship.

They are still following each other on IG, though.

by Anonymousreply 362November 5, 2022 5:11 PM

Seems like they broke up? very weird to get jealous of Edvin of all people, unlike the crazy fangirls I do people they are actually platonic.

by Anonymousreply 363November 5, 2022 5:16 PM

Did anyone save the video that's now deleted? The TikTok one?

by Anonymousreply 364November 5, 2022 5:33 PM

no, what's it about?

by Anonymousreply 365November 5, 2022 5:34 PM

I saw it, it's literally just Edvin picking up Omar, I guess it's a tiktok trend? really not a big deal

by Anonymousreply 366November 5, 2022 5:37 PM

Hasn't been deleted here yet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367November 5, 2022 5:40 PM

thanks for the link. I think Edvin's straight. He's wearing his sweater tucked into his pants! No fucking gay person would do that.

by Anonymousreply 368November 5, 2022 5:44 PM

they are both very short.

by Anonymousreply 369November 5, 2022 5:57 PM

It is odd to comment on that video as if he’s jealous. He’s been friends with Edvin since he & Omar got together. He went to his graduation party, there are jokey photos of them pretending to strangle each other. They all seemed good friends. Omar & Edvin are always super affectionate, can’t really work out why he’d suddenly be bothered by it. I do think Edvin & Omar are completely platonic but maybe Edvin isn’t straight. Or maybe Nurbo is just joking?!

by Anonymousreply 370November 5, 2022 5:59 PM

I don't think Edvin's gay or anything, but gay guys are more likely to tuck in their shirt r368. I mean think about it, it shows off your ass better.

by Anonymousreply 371November 5, 2022 6:00 PM

[Quote] I have read that it is why the producers left their panties on in the sex scene.

The sex scene was shot after Edvin was no longer a minor.

by Anonymousreply 372November 5, 2022 6:05 PM

R371, yes tuck a shirt maybe but it's a bulky sweater. it looks horrible. he has no sense of fashion like a real gay person.

by Anonymousreply 373November 5, 2022 6:15 PM

R370 weirdest part to me is that Omar asked for the video be taken down, otherwise I would have thought Nurbo was just joking and it was no big deal

by Anonymousreply 374November 5, 2022 6:19 PM

I very much doubt Edvin tucked the sweater in himself. It was an "edgy" gay stylist who did that.

by Anonymousreply 375November 5, 2022 6:21 PM

I presume Samuel Astor tags along with Edvin. I doubt the producers of this TV show invited him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376November 5, 2022 6:25 PM

It’s Omar getting that video taken down that made me curious too. It was hours after it went up which makes me wonder was it the video or the comment? I mean, Omar & Edvin have done photo shoots draped all over each other, they hug like they’ve not seen each for years, behind the scenes clips of them pretending to kiss. Just today, a clip of them hugging in quite a non platonic way. Edvin was clutching Omar’s knee at that recent awards show & they are always touchy feely in interviews etc. That TikTok trend they did was just funny, they’ve done far worse ‘single behaviour’. If Nurbo is being serious, he did nottt like it though. Surely he wouldn’t be that catty?! He was friends with Edvin too.. so then I’m thinking maybe he is joking. But also, his story about being single. I duno 😂 as above though, I had noticed they’d gone very quiet on socials.

by Anonymousreply 377November 5, 2022 7:32 PM

R361 and your grandma is a cow. People like you said the same thing about kit Connor as well, he's straight he's straight, well he's actually bi. Fuck you grandpa.

by Anonymousreply 378November 6, 2022 1:52 AM

Maybe Omar was uncomfortable because the video looked like he was getting fucked. Remember that Omar's latest music video has a male lover (his real life boyfriend) and a female lover. People can be weird about (even pseudo) sodomy.

by Anonymousreply 379November 6, 2022 1:55 AM

R378 This seems like an excessive responsive to what I said, are you all right? I've seen people in the comments call him straight and even if he's not I feel like getting jealous of your boyfriend's castmate for doing a tiktok challenge is dumb anyway.

by Anonymousreply 380November 6, 2022 2:02 AM

Nurbo isn't jealous. It was a jokey comment.

by Anonymousreply 381November 6, 2022 3:09 AM

He looks at Omar like he hung the moon, he's besotted with him. I don't think he's going anywhere anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 382November 6, 2022 3:50 AM

R380 well people say lot of things in comments. Would believe all of them? And you didn't mention the last sentence.

by Anonymousreply 383November 6, 2022 5:49 AM

I’m leaning towards them splitting up. There’s enough evidence to suggest they might have I think. I keep stumbling across people being quite defensive over the suggestion they might have split, which is strange to me. Nurbo seems really nice & they made a good looking couple but ultimately we barely know anything about them as a couple for me to care one way or the other. I’m interested & curious cos I’m really nosy 😅 but if they’ve broken up, oh well, hope they are both ok. And if they haven’t, great, happy they are still happy.

by Anonymousreply 384November 6, 2022 9:17 AM

[quote] I’m leaning towards them splitting up. There’s enough evidence to suggest they might have I think.

What evidence? Although, i must admit i haven't been paying much attention to them lately.

by Anonymousreply 385November 6, 2022 1:02 PM

Omar Rudberg is just adorable.

by Anonymousreply 386November 6, 2022 2:15 PM

[quote] the producers left their panties on in the sex scene.

Underwear for boys and men are not called "panties".

by Anonymousreply 387November 6, 2022 2:18 PM

In that TikTok video it appears that Omar might be nicely hung.

by Anonymousreply 388November 6, 2022 2:26 PM

I might be alone with this, but I like season two better, because Will is less of a jerk. But Simon is the one sort of leading Marcus, who is the most perfect boyfriend and is right to point out that Simon is attracted to the drama (otherwise Simon would've picked Marcus) on.

Sara is such a child, not in control of her hormones and lacks the understanding of boundaries. Obsessing over the horse and August.

Malte is the only one showing ass. LOL. His August is pretty compelling. Struggling as much with duty and what is expected of him as Will(helm).

It's a great show in its own way and I don't see the point of pitting it against Heartstopper. I find it just amazing that there is so much gay content, foreign or local, out there and easily available on streaming platforms like Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 389November 6, 2022 2:46 PM

[Quote]You women don't understand that boys are not women who often take much longer to come to terms with your sexuality and many straight girls have homosexual experiments still in early 20s, hence the term " lesbian until the college is over". Straight girls often have ambigous feelings toward heterosexual act, cause they see it as dirty and degrading and seek refuge in other girls.

FYI, there's a large and fairly recent survey of young Europeans called Generation What, and as it turns out, males were more likely to have had gay sex (and enjoy it) than females. And other surveys I've seen from Latin America, the Philippines, and so on, found even larger male advantage in same-sex behavior. The idea that experimenting is a female thing is a very American one, but even there it's been declining since the early 2010s...

by Anonymousreply 390November 6, 2022 3:09 PM

Finished the new season. Don't think it was quite as good as the first but overall I was fine with it, but it seems silly that no one including August himself is aware he was next in line? How would he not know that he was the closest relative in line for the throne after Wilhelm, the character would have been obsessed with that.

by Anonymousreply 391November 6, 2022 3:13 PM

Oh please, young kids break up and make up over and over all the time...

by Anonymousreply 392November 6, 2022 4:34 PM

Why did the hot brother have to die?

by Anonymousreply 393November 6, 2022 4:40 PM

I’m glad we are back to discussing the show and not the personal lives of the actors.

by Anonymousreply 394November 6, 2022 5:01 PM

[Quote] it seems silly that no one including August himself is aware he was next in line?

Yes, I thought that too. There was also one acting moment from Malte that I thought was so wrong... When the doors were pulled back on the day of the speech to reveal August, Malte throws his hands out to the sides and smiles like he's the surprise guest on "This Is Your Life." Not only would the character know etiquette, it wouldn't be lost on him that the Queen said that it wasn't her idea to have him as back up, and that her priority is her son, i.e. he is not forgiven for the betrayal of Wilhelm. (Also, as said, he's next in line, so he wouldn't even be chosen as a back up. Next in line is next in line.)

by Anonymousreply 395November 6, 2022 6:37 PM

R393 legit the only hot guy in the series.

by Anonymousreply 396November 6, 2022 6:54 PM

I'm quite partial to the "Lord Alfred Douglas" looking student. He walked in on Wilhelm... and told everyone what he saw.

by Anonymousreply 397November 6, 2022 7:05 PM

There is no show if the brother lived, he was so obviously a dead man walking from the go.

by Anonymousreply 398November 6, 2022 7:20 PM

Yeah, but do we think that Omar and his boyfriend broke up?

by Anonymousreply 399November 6, 2022 7:50 PM

No. The new season has premiered, the actors are in their promo cycle. It makes sense for Nurbo & Omar to go quiet, so that fangurls can squee about how Edvin looks at Omar etc.

by Anonymousreply 400November 6, 2022 7:53 PM

How do you foresee a season three panning out? It's not like there is much real life examples to draw from (an out crown prince etc.)

by Anonymousreply 401November 6, 2022 7:54 PM

*there are many real life examples

by Anonymousreply 402November 6, 2022 7:54 PM

I preferred season2. I thought there was far more character development & I really enjoyed that they kept Wille & Simon apart for a while. It made sense & they were both kinda twattish for a big portion of the series. As teens often are, particularly those in high pressure situations, such as being Crown Prince of Sweden. Edvin & Omar knocked it out the park acting wise, it was nice to see them develop on their own & not just their decent chemistry together.

And yes, I think they might have broken up. It’s a gossip site, not a TV show review site. I come here to gossip about celebs private lives. That’s the entire point. Who are these people offended by people gossiping on a gay gossip site?!

by Anonymousreply 403November 6, 2022 11:03 PM

It’s a matter of degree. I don’t need to dissect and analyze every moment of their lives on Instagram or TikTok, or even read others’ detailed interpretations and imaginings.

Gossip here and there is great, but we don’t need a dissertation.

by Anonymousreply 404November 6, 2022 11:32 PM

Well this isn't quite The Crown r401, at it's heart it's a show about being a high schooler and the Wilhelm character is only 16 and still has a lot of high school left.

That said really the only legitimate concern with a gay monarch is the question of succession. His mom seemed to indicate if he wanted to come out after he was a legal adult she would have supported the decision.

by Anonymousreply 405November 6, 2022 11:39 PM

What are the names of Simon’s aquarium fish? I think they named them in season one, but when the new boyfriend asked Simon what their names were, Simon said they didn’t have names.

by Anonymousreply 406November 7, 2022 2:10 AM

Felix, Oscar and Oggy. Omar was in a boyband and those are the names of the other members.

by Anonymousreply 407November 7, 2022 2:36 AM

Omar and Felix (with Oscar in the background) back in the day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408November 7, 2022 2:37 AM

Maybe a third season could involved Simon getting Meghan Markle'd. I feel Jan-Olof will be a thorn in his side.

by Anonymousreply 409November 7, 2022 2:39 AM

I just started episode five; I’m expecting a happy ending but I’m tense about what might happen before that.

by Anonymousreply 410November 7, 2022 2:43 AM

Season 2 was watchable but hardly great. August as second in line was so ridiculous the entire series suffered.

by Anonymousreply 411November 7, 2022 3:09 AM

The second/thrid in line thing would have made sense in the first season as a reason for August trying to "destroy" Wilhelm with the sex video. But August seemed surprised that he was next in line after Wilhelm. Does Swedish royalty operate differently or something?

by Anonymousreply 412November 7, 2022 3:17 AM

*third

by Anonymousreply 413November 7, 2022 3:17 AM

When that next in line twist was revealed, my first thought was "total game changer" and then "hang on, why does this come up only now?".

by Anonymousreply 414November 7, 2022 7:21 AM

R414 So strange that they came up with it in the second season.

by Anonymousreply 415November 7, 2022 8:47 AM

I think it was more meant to imply the shock that the Crown were seriously considering him as a back up & that Wille was seriously considering abdicating. August knows he’s 3rd in line but presumably most 3rd in lines don’t expect the throne. The chances of both Princes dying are slim. The idea he was a very real backup and might start stepping in for Wille almost immediately was the shock. Up to then, I don’t think it would have occurred to August that anyone could possibly want to abdicate. He loves his position in royalty. And Wille is 16, the idea he’d throw it all away for a boy at that age was probably quite a surprise too.

by Anonymousreply 416November 7, 2022 2:38 PM

But his reasoning to Sara for uploading the tape was that Wilhelm does not appreciate his position, like Erik did, so the role of Crown Prince was already on the character's mind... And August's obession with status... Third in line to the throne should have been something he trumpeted from the first season. I guess the makers thought that the show would be a one (season) and done.

by Anonymousreply 417November 7, 2022 2:50 PM

The series is only ranking at 61st on IMDB. It had far more of a buzz last year. I hope there won't be any cancellation rumors.

by Anonymousreply 418November 7, 2022 3:26 PM

This thread took a while to takeoff, so maybe the same will happen with the series

by Anonymousreply 419November 8, 2022 2:50 AM

I only watched the first season over the summer, about a year after its premiere.

by Anonymousreply 420November 8, 2022 4:04 AM

Same here R420. I hadn’t heard of it until earlier this year. It popped up as a recommendation after I watched Heartstopper. Now I’m a genuinely big fan.

by Anonymousreply 421November 8, 2022 8:46 AM

Season one hit top 10 in 12 countries according to Netflix stats. This season, it’s hit top 10 in 64 countries according to Netflix stats. So it must be being watched far more the season one. Netflix renew shows based on how many hours it’s watched in the first 28 days. It also has different budgets & expectations for non-English shows. So I think we can remain reasonably hopeful. They seem to be pushing it on socials too which makes me think they are reasonably interested in it as a show.

by Anonymousreply 422November 8, 2022 8:52 AM

R422 I hope it's renewed even if season 2 was a bit lackluster. A ton of gay shows have been or probably will be cancelled. I was so upset when The Society was cancelled. I also suspect The Girl in the Mirror (Alma) on Netflix will be cancelled. It was released back in August but no news yet. I remember it didn't do that great in number of views. It was in the Spanish top 10 the first week but then sank like a stone. It's such a shame. That show had a great gay storyline and the actors had mad chemistry. Honestly, only two shows have had good gay storylines this year imo, Elite and Alma (I hated Heartstopper). Now one of them will be cancelled. I'm upset.

by Anonymousreply 423November 8, 2022 9:20 AM

The most important is the completion rate, that’s why first kill was cancelled after getting a lot of views. They had a 42% completion rate while shows that get renewed have at least a +50% rate. With that they know that people will be interested in another season.

by Anonymousreply 424November 8, 2022 9:28 AM

R424 Horny guys just want to see lesbians having sex. They are not interested in watching an entire show about lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 425November 8, 2022 9:31 AM

Just make sure to watch from beginning to end to make sure we get a 3rd season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426November 8, 2022 9:31 AM

You need to either have an impressive amount of views or a good completion rate to get renewed. Young royals is a niche show so try to help with the completion rate, watch it from beginning to end.

by Anonymousreply 427November 8, 2022 9:33 AM

I'm surprised Netflix doesn't create more gay shows after Heartstopper was such a success. People are craving gay (as in male) storylines like Young Royals and Heartstopper, yet we don't really get more new shows. It's weird. It's almost like gay storylines are still controversial. TV is overflowing with lesbian characters yet gay male characters are hardly there. It's infuriating.

by Anonymousreply 428November 8, 2022 9:35 AM

There’s totally a market for wholesome male gay shows but the problem in America is that it may be seen as part of a woke agenda. That’s why you see Young royals and Heartstopper are foreign shows. Disney almost had it with Love victor but they were too scared and sent it to irrelevant hulu instead of embracing it. By the time they decided to get it back, the show had already gone downhill. Disney/Marvel already snatched Joe from Heartstopper so let’s see if that’s a sign for more to come.

by Anonymousreply 429November 8, 2022 9:40 AM

R428 If you make a series with lesbians as main characters it won't be popular. Not many people give shit about lesbians, (straight guys only like lesbian porn) and straight girls drool over gay romance, they fill the majority of audience that watch gay series, one of the reasons why heartstopper and young royals are hits. There was a show called first skill whose main characters were lesbians, it did not even get renewed for another season.

by Anonymousreply 430November 8, 2022 9:41 AM

R429 But then why are so many shows on tv about lesbians? They don't have that problem, only gay male characters have that problem. They are a) barely there b) stereotypical or c) asexual, or all of them. It fucking sucks.

by Anonymousreply 431November 8, 2022 9:44 AM

There are two kinds of audiences. 1. Straight people that are annoyed with LGBT characters in big projects like stranger things, sex education, they watch it for the plot and they obviously don't mind hetero romance/intimacy, we can also call them the general audience that Hollywood and its closeted actors are afraid of? Lesbian characters are shown more because they're less controversial, people don't mind seeing them but that doesn't mean they get more attention. Check out the next category to find out why. 2. People (gays and women) that like gay romance and gay sex ONLY. You clearly have not seen the amount of hype bl series have in Asian countries especially Thailand. Westerners watch it too. That's how we conclude too many people in the world need more gay series.

by Anonymousreply 432November 8, 2022 10:49 AM

R432 BL is a different thing entirely. I know it's popular, but it's basically just fanfics. It started with kpop and gay shipping and developed from there. I'm talking about Western tv shows. The West still has an issue with gay male characters.

by Anonymousreply 433November 8, 2022 11:03 AM

First Kill was rubbish. I’m all for championing lesbian shows as one myself but I couldn’t get through the whole series. Guess I contributed to the no finish stats. There was also very little promo for it by Netflix. I saw maybe a couple tweets! YR is currently the main Netflix banner on Twitter, suggesting they are reasonably keen on it as a show. Fingers crossed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434November 8, 2022 12:14 PM

Shows like Chucky and Interview With A Vampire are very gay. These shows aren't on Netflix, though. Neftlix focusses on Frau-ish gay themed content like Uncoupled, starring Neil Patrick Harris. Heartstopper is sweet and wholesome, perfect for teenage girls and Fraus and the Gays, of course (but not exclusively for Gays). The New Queer As Folk got canceled at Peacock, because it went all in for the LGBT Community and didn't pander to the Fraus and teenage girls.

by Anonymousreply 435November 8, 2022 1:20 PM

Most gay guys I've known aren't necessarily "wholesome", most wholesome shows ring a little false for me because they seem to downplay the real life horniness of the average gay guy r428.

by Anonymousreply 436November 8, 2022 1:27 PM

r436, Fraus don't care for real life horniness of the average gay guy. Fraus decide whether a gay show gets renewed, not the Gays. Gays can't make a gay show a success on their own.

by Anonymousreply 437November 8, 2022 1:40 PM

R435 That's not why. It got cancelled because it was too woke with the trans shit.

by Anonymousreply 438November 8, 2022 1:45 PM

R436 Exactly. That's why I didn't like Heartstopper. Two horny teenagers and they don't want to have sex?! Give me a fucking break!

by Anonymousreply 439November 8, 2022 1:46 PM

I think it's believable that Kit Connor doesn't want to have sex with a male.

by Anonymousreply 440November 8, 2022 2:40 PM

This is good. Someone compared it to season one & the viewing hours are about double that of season one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441November 8, 2022 8:27 PM

[quote] But August seemed surprised that he was next in line after Wilhelm. Does Swedish royalty operate differently or something?

The writers seem to think you can just appoint any relative as “backup” in a royal family, because they’re in school with Wilhelm. August is supposed to be Wille’s second cousin — it’s pretty unlikely there’s nobody closer than him. And even if there wasn’t, August would know *exactly* how close he was to the throne.

by Anonymousreply 442November 9, 2022 2:40 AM

The only thing I could think of why August forgot about being next in line is that he thought the court would ignore it, because of what he did (posting the video) and he genuinely grieved for his best friend, Will's brother, being dead.

by Anonymousreply 443November 9, 2022 7:22 AM

Does Simon's best friend remind anyone of Mimi Hines?

by Anonymousreply 444November 9, 2022 7:44 AM

[quote]The writers seem to think you can just appoint any relative as “backup” in a royal family, because they’re in school with Wilhelm. August is supposed to be Wille’s second cousin — it’s pretty unlikely there’s nobody closer than him

The line of succession in Sweden is pretty small - only children and grandchildren of the current monarch. If that line died out, they'd have to change the law. I guess it could be conceivable Wilhelm was the last of the heirs so they start to think about alternatives. But still, a fucking stupid story line. Wilhelm is 16, just lost his brother, becomes heir to the throne and has a sex tape released. Of course he's going to be unstable and fuck things up, and the monarchy wouldn't start parachuting in the person who's made the situation worse.

It's the same with gaying up August's friend - trying to come up with things for season 2 that weren't considered when season 1 was written.

The unimpressive plot of season 2 means the series probably deserves to be canned. But being as it wouldn't be that expensive to make and that Scandic TV is pretty popular it might get up for third series.

by Anonymousreply 445November 9, 2022 8:25 AM

I don't think it's unbelievable that Wilhelm isn't the only gay(ish) boarder.

by Anonymousreply 446November 9, 2022 8:27 AM

The other gay one seems to be comfortable with his closet case status. Although when he claimed there being no openly gay CEO I immediately blurted out "uh, Tim Cook, CEO of Apple".

by Anonymousreply 447November 9, 2022 8:44 AM

Interesting that the closeted gay boarder was standing on a table in season1 after getting a blowjob from a girl.

by Anonymousreply 448November 9, 2022 9:08 AM

R448 I can’t remember the details but his story of what happened was different to the girls..! They seemed to suggest he was exaggerating.

I don’t think making Nils gay/bi was that unrealistic. I could have also seen the blonde guy Vincent being bi too.

by Anonymousreply 449November 9, 2022 9:20 AM

[Quote] when he claimed there being no openly gay CEO I immediately blurted out "uh, Tim Cook, CEO of Apple".

Same!

by Anonymousreply 450November 9, 2022 9:21 AM

Wilhelm made out with Felice this season. That doesn't mean he's not into dudes...

by Anonymousreply 451November 9, 2022 9:21 AM

Omar and his mother share clothes. lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452November 9, 2022 9:24 AM

Is Omar's stepdad hot?

by Anonymousreply 453November 9, 2022 9:26 AM

R453 No!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454November 9, 2022 9:29 AM

R440 is kit Connors aunt

by Anonymousreply 455November 9, 2022 9:45 AM

Nosy aunt*

by Anonymousreply 456November 9, 2022 9:46 AM

R445 I feel the same way. Season 2 just wasn't that great.

by Anonymousreply 457November 9, 2022 11:13 AM

Is there an implication that Wille’s late brother was also gay?

by Anonymousreply 458November 9, 2022 1:29 PM

r458, he visited the same shrink as Wil. He had his own struggles, struggles Wilhelm didn't know about. He pretty much idolizes his brother, and the suggestion his brother being less than perfect was pretty shocking to him.

by Anonymousreply 459November 9, 2022 2:17 PM

I think season 2 suffered from Wille and Simon being apart that much. The charm of season 1 was their great chemistry, you could practically feel the sparks flying. This season, they spent too much time apart. It made sense in the story, but it was inferior TV. Hopefully, if they get renewed, they can recatch some of that lightning in a bottle.

by Anonymousreply 460November 9, 2022 2:19 PM

[quote] I think season 2 suffered from Wille and Simon being apart that much.

To me, that made the kiss outside the ballroom that much better. IMO the drama of keeping them apart made season two better, gave it a higher stake, something to root for.

by Anonymousreply 461November 9, 2022 2:33 PM

[quote]To me, that made the kiss outside the ballroom that much better. IMO the drama of keeping them apart made season two better, gave it a higher stake, something to root for.

That scene was pretty great, I agree. Still, I'm looking forward to seeing them together again next season.

by Anonymousreply 462November 9, 2022 2:36 PM

Yes, the ballroom kiss was A+.

by Anonymousreply 463November 9, 2022 2:37 PM

I loved that scene. I thought they both knocked that out the park. You can see the desperation, longing & happiness. The smile mid-kiss from Wille.

I do think YR2 lacked a bit of Omar & Edvin magic but I thought it was way better than YR1. I liked the storyline & enjoyed them bringing in the side characters a bit more. I don’t think it’s unrealistic a school would have a few gay pupils, certainly a few at mine who came out a bit later on. And Nils is happily closeted. Him getting a blowjob from a girl isn’t weird, he’s hiding who he is & living up to the rich boy laddish behaviour.

by Anonymousreply 464November 9, 2022 2:49 PM

It struck a wrong chord when August wanted to attend the ball with Sara. A snob like him would never claim her.

by Anonymousreply 465November 9, 2022 2:51 PM

R452 - not a massive surprise, he also has her name tattooed on his collar bones. I’m all for loving your mama but it’s one of the weirder things about him. Can you imagine being in bed with someone & reading/kissing near their mums name as you get down to it. Would put me right off. Guess his pretty face would make it for it.

by Anonymousreply 466November 9, 2022 2:53 PM

I also didn't buy that Felice would bounce back from the kiss so quickly, and its fallout, to the point of giving Wilhelm a friend hug. It felt very pat.

by Anonymousreply 467November 9, 2022 2:54 PM

It's not weird. Omar's father was a fuckboy. And Omar was bullied badly as a child. His mother has always been the light in his life.

by Anonymousreply 468November 9, 2022 2:55 PM

Did I miss something, who is Omar?

by Anonymousreply 469November 9, 2022 6:10 PM

The actor who plays Simon on the show.

by Anonymousreply 470November 9, 2022 6:30 PM

Omar's a mama's boy...

by Anonymousreply 471November 9, 2022 6:48 PM

R469, Omar is the kid who plays Simon in the show, the prince's love interest.

by Anonymousreply 472November 9, 2022 6:49 PM

[quote] Guess his pretty face would make it for it.

I don't know, R466, a guy having his mother's name tattooed anywhere on their body would really be a turn off. A deal breaker, even. For me, that would be a real red flag.

by Anonymousreply 473November 9, 2022 10:53 PM

I wonder if this is true and if Omar is now dating the Norwegian guy that played in Skam

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474November 11, 2022 7:40 AM

[quote] I don't know, [R466], a guy having his mother's name tattooed anywhere on their body would really be a turn off. A deal breaker, even. For me, that would be a real red flag.

A lot of guys have stuff tattooed on their bodies that make my eyes roll, but is apparently important to them: Their kids' or wives' faces, bible verses, cross, praying hands, military tags, etc.

If I'd be into tattoos, I'd have a Golden Girls tattoo somewhere on my body and you guy's would be all "MARY!".

by Anonymousreply 475November 11, 2022 7:46 AM

Sorry, ... and you guys would be all "MARY!".

by Anonymousreply 476November 11, 2022 7:47 AM

We are anyway r475.

by Anonymousreply 477November 11, 2022 7:47 AM

Where were Omar and the Ragnarok guy photographed together?

by Anonymousreply 478November 11, 2022 10:16 AM

R478 Looks like a fake to me.

by Anonymousreply 479November 11, 2022 12:21 PM

If it is, they went to the trouble of doing an out-of-focus fake too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480November 11, 2022 12:25 PM

Herman has great hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481November 11, 2022 12:26 PM

Yeah, seems like iti's not a fake. The pictures where taken in Denmark in August.

by Anonymousreply 482November 11, 2022 12:29 PM

I mean, they might be dating but there is literally two photos of them & zero evidence they’ve been together since. Can’t really begin to speculate on that really can you!

YouTube is full of click bait videos about Omar & Edvin and their real life partners all of a sudden. All in monotone Chinese accents. Bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 483November 11, 2022 1:44 PM

I watched Season 1 and enjoyed it when it first came out. But I wasn't all giddy about it. I found the really bad complexion of the young Prince very distracting. Now, I have tried to watch Season 2, and while the young Prince has improved and in some ways is even getting Hot, I just could not maintain interest. There is something stale about the plot lines of these Gay coming of age stories.

by Anonymousreply 484November 11, 2022 2:20 PM

[quote] If I'd be into tattoos, I'd have a Golden Girls tattoo somewhere on my body

Whatever you like, darling.

by Anonymousreply 485November 11, 2022 11:23 PM

Omar celebrated his birthday last night and Nurbo wasn't there, quite a contrast from last year.

by Anonymousreply 486November 12, 2022 3:38 AM

[Quote] I'd have a Golden Girls tattoo somewhere on my body

Sicily?

by Anonymousreply 487November 12, 2022 3:43 AM

Well, Michael Cimino had a birthday yesterday, and George Sear was there. Along with a dozen other guys. But George was at his house. Now Mason Gooding and George have birthdays on the same day. The cast from Love , Victor seem to genuinely like one another. I don't get the same chemistry from Young Royals.

by Anonymousreply 488November 12, 2022 4:15 AM

Weird flex.

by Anonymousreply 489November 12, 2022 4:34 AM

R488 Nurbo doesn't play in YR he is (or was) Omar's boyfriend till recently. Just wondering if they broke up.

by Anonymousreply 490November 12, 2022 5:07 AM

R488 - seriously? Omar & Edvin are the only two young teen stars I actually believe are genuinely good mates.

Omar & Nurbo have broken up - no-one can convince me otherwise 😂 Prepared to have my mind changed if he pops up over the weekend but noticeable he wasn’t at his family celebration last night.

by Anonymousreply 491November 12, 2022 1:03 PM

He wasn't there or he wasn't pictured?

by Anonymousreply 492November 12, 2022 1:08 PM

R492 He wasn't there, he was hanging out with other people. If he was he would have made sure he was pictured! Trust me! 🤣

by Anonymousreply 493November 12, 2022 1:20 PM

R492 - he put up stories having dinner with his friends. He wasn’t with Omar unless they met up later. Omar is out with friends & his mum again tonight & Nurbo is with his own family. So far this year, he’s been glued to Omar’s side at the big events in his life, so it’s noticeably different.

I saw on twitter earlier a supposedly deleted post by Nurbo saying he & Omar were never actually together .. no idea if it was a real post but whatever they were seems to have stopped.

by Anonymousreply 494November 12, 2022 10:04 PM

Any rumors about the movie Omar has been filming?

by Anonymousreply 495November 13, 2022 1:26 PM

R494 Whatever happened betweem them, they're back on again. Nurbo liked his posts left a comment on the "birthday" one and put up a story about his song.

by Anonymousreply 496November 16, 2022 3:03 AM

They were probably never off.

by Anonymousreply 497November 16, 2022 6:56 AM

I never liked Sara and Simon even in season 1 but in this season they become even more unlikable.

by Anonymousreply 498November 16, 2022 7:10 AM

R497 oh they were off alright. There's no way Nurbo would have missed his birthday celebrations and to share stories boasting about it.

by Anonymousreply 499November 16, 2022 8:34 AM

[quote]I'd be all over this if I were 10 years younger, or 30 years older.

Yet you opened a thread about it in spite of not being of right age.

by Anonymousreply 500November 16, 2022 9:05 AM

[Quote] oh they were off alright. There's no way Nurbo would have missed his birthday celebrations and to share stories boasting about it.

Wasn't Omar's birthday celebrations in his hometown? Nurbo could have been working.

by Anonymousreply 501November 16, 2022 10:29 AM

Tommy Wattring (Marcus) giving an hour long interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502November 16, 2022 11:30 AM

His PR team had to put out a statement about fans being unkind to him after that interview 🤦🏼‍♀️

The girl who plays Felice is at the school today.. hmm..

by Anonymousreply 503November 16, 2022 11:42 AM

[Quote] His PR team had to put out a statement about fans being unkind to him after that interview 🤦🏼‍♀️

Who?

by Anonymousreply 504November 16, 2022 11:50 AM

Sorry, not his PR team. The team who did the interview. Fans were being shitty. I used to quite like the YR fandom. Was chill & happy. 🥴

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505November 16, 2022 1:59 PM

Well, at least they haven't turned on him for having a girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 506November 16, 2022 2:09 PM

The guy who played August is hot and he has got nice ass

by Anonymousreply 507November 17, 2022 4:25 AM

I can't stand the guy who plays August. He has a face that's just asking to be viciously slapped.

by Anonymousreply 508November 18, 2022 1:04 AM

They gave Malte carbface in the first season. Thankfully they thought better of it for the second.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509November 18, 2022 8:04 AM

He’s got beautiful hair! Both he & Omar have impressive curls! Bit harsh to say you’d slap someone who happens to play the bad guy. Sure he’s reasonably nice in real life!

by Anonymousreply 510November 18, 2022 1:44 PM

[quote]I found the really bad complexion of the young Prince very distracting.

I found the complexion very realistic for the age.

You sound tragically superficial.

by Anonymousreply 511November 18, 2022 2:24 PM

They were all so spotty last season. This season, barely a spot to be seen 😂 all the actors/actresses bar Edvin are 22-24 so kinda makes sense they’ll be largely getting over the spots (I mean, we all get the odd one obvs)!

by Anonymousreply 512November 18, 2022 3:44 PM

I still can't get over how the richest girl in Sweden is a fat black chick.

by Anonymousreply 513November 18, 2022 3:47 PM

[Quote] This season, barely a spot to be seen

Eh, two of the leads...

by Anonymousreply 514November 18, 2022 3:58 PM

[quote]They were all so spotty last season. This season, barely a spot to be seen

Did we watch the same show? The prince is as spotty as ever. And I kinda appreciate that he didn't go all L.A. in between seasons, like the actress playing his mom who obviously had a couple of refreshments done. Felice had a hair-related glowup, but otherwise her skin is still spotty as well. It's all vey relatable and grounded as a result.

by Anonymousreply 515November 18, 2022 11:06 PM

I don't think the prince was so much spotty this season as crater-faced.

by Anonymousreply 516November 19, 2022 7:44 AM

Say it with earrings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517November 20, 2022 6:52 PM

[quote]A young prince and one huge dilemma - love or duty?

Gee, that's original.

by Anonymousreply 518November 20, 2022 6:57 PM

Watched the first three episodes. Does the Royal Family live in a semi-detached house? The bedrooms for Wille and Erick were so small and Ericks seemed to be in the attic

by Anonymousreply 519November 21, 2022 1:17 AM

That's an improvement on the first season. After Erik's death, his parents and brother were shown eating in what looked like a kitchen-cum-dining-room.

by Anonymousreply 520November 21, 2022 8:51 AM

Season Three has been greenlit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521November 29, 2022 3:20 AM

S3 is most likely the last season as well. It makes sense to give it closure because it does extremely well in its niche audience but it hasn’t become mainstream even with the extra promo netflix gave them this year with s2

by Anonymousreply 522November 29, 2022 6:45 AM

I do think it’ll be renewed, I think that had been decided before it came out to be honest.. but that website/article is bullshit. It’s from a website based in Bangalore in India which openly states it gets its info from social media & asks for fans to send in theories. YR2 viewing figures were double that of YR1 in the first two weeks alone and for a non English language show, it’s figures have been really high. So that part of the article is lie for a start.

That said, I do actually think they might wrap it up with season 3 but that being the decision of the team making it. There’s only so far you can stretch a high school drama when you have actors who are all in their 20’s (bar Edvin). They start to look too old.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523November 29, 2022 9:24 AM

Season 2 was a huge disappointment. But as it wouldn't cost all that much and there'd be added incentive to support non-English shows, it might get a season 3. Not that there's much incentive to watch after the mess of the second season.

by Anonymousreply 524November 29, 2022 1:35 PM

What was messy about it?

by Anonymousreply 525November 29, 2022 1:42 PM

R523 Riverdale went on for 5 seasons even though actors were nearly entering 30s. Edvin and Omar look like teenagers.

by Anonymousreply 526November 29, 2022 1:52 PM

Samuel/Nils is 30.

by Anonymousreply 527November 29, 2022 1:54 PM

16 year old kid loses his brother in a tragic accident to find himself next in line to the throne. Also happens to be gay and has a sex tape released without his consent. He is understandably messed up by this. The "solution" to this problem is that the guy responsible for releasing the sex tape is now set up as next in line, despite the fact that the new spare released underage porn which, since others knew this, would likely result in police action. The solution to avoiding criminal responsibility was another kid being completely willing to confess to sharing the underage porn video (because, yeah, that's sensible).

It was a complete mess. Which was a shame because season 1 was very good.

by Anonymousreply 528November 29, 2022 1:55 PM

R527 talking about the leads, brain wreck.

by Anonymousreply 529November 29, 2022 1:58 PM

That's a fair damnation of the plot devices. Still, the characterisation and the acting remained strong.

by Anonymousreply 530November 29, 2022 2:01 PM

I really liked season 2 & thought the storyline was fine. But I did think season 1 was slightly better in some ways. One thing I found jarring was you really root for this love story (or at least I do), you want them to fight the monarchy together because they love each other so much. Wilhelm makes this huge gesture at the end. Then you remember they are supposed to be 16, haven’t made it through a full school year yet & will probably break up in a couple months cos teenagers. I kinda wish they’d set it at university or something. Have them a few years older where it’s more realistic you might meet the love of your life.

Season2 also lacked that Wilhelm/Simon chemistry for me. Mostly because they kept them apart for most of it. Their chemistry jumped off the screen in season 1. They were really believable. Season2 lacked that somehow. There was only one very short scene I guess but it just wasn’t quite as good as those scenes in Season1..

by Anonymousreply 531November 29, 2022 10:19 PM

Just good friends?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532December 3, 2022 2:35 AM

Is that Nurbo? They clearly are at the very least in a casual relationship. Probably more like an actual one. Him claiming they weren’t together came at a very weird time for his online behaviour. All the single behaviour stuff, not being with him for the YR premier or his birthday. Deleting comments from Instagram. Seemed like maybe they had a break of some kind but they seem back to normal now, being besties and all 🙄😂

by Anonymousreply 533December 5, 2022 2:34 PM

I mean what the guy claimed is they were never together and are just friends r533.

Not saying I agree, Omar has definitely fucked him. But who knows, maybe he is not comfortable with his sexuality and Omar is "we are just bros man don't need to label anything" himself into getting that dick.

by Anonymousreply 534December 5, 2022 4:03 PM

Let’s not turn this thread into Heartstopper redux.

by Anonymousreply 535December 5, 2022 4:06 PM

This thread is basically dead. Talking about Omar, who is kinda sort of openly queer & his actual boy/friend is surely fine? What else do you wana talk about? The one that’s probably not gay?

Omar is 24, I imagine he’s got his sexuality sorted at this point.

by Anonymousreply 536December 6, 2022 9:19 AM

Edvin tweeted at one of the Skarsgards that he likes a man in uniform. The Skarsgard is playing a cop in something.

by Anonymousreply 537December 6, 2022 1:52 PM

Huh. When I said I’d like a new interview with both of them, I didn’t think we’d get Jimmy Fallon 😯 Season 3 has 100% been renewed..

by Anonymousreply 538December 7, 2022 9:36 PM

Tiktokers made it to Jimmy so eh, the bar is in hell.

by Anonymousreply 539December 8, 2022 5:45 AM

Season 3 Baby 🥳 bit sad it’s the last one but I think the right decision from all involved. Only so far you can drag out this particular story. Either a happy ending of queer royal Wille & the possibility of together forever. Or not & the end.

(can you pick the happy one Lisa please?! 😅)

by Anonymousreply 540December 14, 2022 2:43 PM

I wonder if for the last season they will time jump to end of highschool for Will and Simon. Right now the characters are still only 16.

by Anonymousreply 541December 14, 2022 2:54 PM

I’m very interested to see how they do it. I don’t think they can time jump in the initial couple episodes as surely, the majority of the drama will come from the fallout of Wille coming out on national TV. And him fighting his parents to be allowed to openly love Simon. That’s gotta be a fairly big part of the first half of the season. But I do kinda hope they time jump at some point to them finishing school & suggesting what comes next for them. Be a bit boring to end it with them as 16/17 year olds with two years of school left to go! Even if they split up, it’d be cool to see Simon going off to uni or something & what options Wille has.

Lisa has clearly had the ending sorted since she started writing it. I think that’s good. The story has its final destination to reach.

by Anonymousreply 542December 14, 2022 3:04 PM

R540 yeah when the show isn't mystery/ crime thriller or comedy, the chances of it getting more than 4 seasons is low. Good for them though.

by Anonymousreply 543December 14, 2022 5:29 PM

I want to see them living in a council flat, completely cut off from Wille's wealth and privilege. They'll be forced to start a podcast to keep the lights on...

by Anonymousreply 544December 14, 2022 5:33 PM

Love this idea R544. 😂

I feel like this photo is a good example of why they can’t go on & on with high school dramas. Season 1 - they looked like 16 year olds (kinda, Omar looks a bit older). Season 2 - Omar didn’t remotely look like a 16 year old. Edvin didn’t really either, still teenish though. Season 3 - much the same I imagine, Edvin continues to look more young adult at this point. By the time they’d have got round to filming a Season 4 in like late 2024 maybe, they’d look way too old. Omar be like 26 at that point!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545December 14, 2022 5:47 PM

Some of you seem to forget that teenagers of the same age don't always look the same age.

by Anonymousreply 546December 14, 2022 5:59 PM

Edvin doesn't look all than enthused. Any word about his new movie?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547December 14, 2022 6:12 PM

I imagine they are jet lagged as hell. They seemed to get to NY afternoon US time which is like night time in Sweden. If they are anything like me when I go to NY for work, I’m awake from about 3am on that first day and I want to die of exhaustion by about 2pm! I am 30 though, maybe I’m just getting old 😂

by Anonymousreply 548December 14, 2022 7:05 PM

Tonight Show appearance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549December 16, 2022 4:54 AM

I’m so happy for them. You can knock it down & say oh anyone can go on Fallon & maybe but for them, it must be huge. They are two Swedish kids. One is 19 & one has clearly hoped for fame most his life. Promoting a pretty small, queer Netflix show to the US on a long running, popular show in the US. That’s massive for the entire YR team.

There was another interview yesterday where I Edvin maybe hinted about being queer himself. Right at the end they were asked about LGBTQ rep and Omar said he hoped the fans got some strength to be who they are because ‘we fucking exist, you know’ to which Edvin replied ‘and we’re fucking proud’ .. maybe he’s talking about his character but Omar def wasn’t!

(I know it’s none of my business, I’m just gossiping!)

by Anonymousreply 550December 16, 2022 9:21 AM

A pair of teases.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551February 8, 2023 3:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!