Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Has Merrick Garland gone rogue?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3516 hours ago

There was some controversy when Obama nominated him for Supreme Court- some Libs felt he was really conservative. I guess we see that Obama had poor judgement. Biden needs to kick this old douche to the curb. He sucks . And damn. Lisa Monaco looked abjectly miserable at the press conference last week. I think she knows he's full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 106/16/2021

He was not Obama’s first choice; he was the candidate that Obama thought McConnell would approve.

by Anonymousreply 206/16/2021

Oh so he was obamas bend over and present hole candidate. Now it makes more sense. Now it makes even more sense to replace him before it gets ugly or more harm is done.

by Anonymousreply 306/17/2021

What is it with Dems hiring all these textbook jellyfish? The GOP can basically elect anyone short of Satan himself and it’s fine, and we put Mr Whipple focusing on who squeezed the Charmin in the AG role.

by Anonymousreply 406/17/2021

They will nominate me, R4.

by Anonymousreply 506/17/2021

Now that Biden is hitting his stride, he needs to replace all the fail-safe Obama era appointees. Let's say a gentle push, by year end?

by Anonymousreply 606/17/2021

"The principle that no one is above the law is not self-enforcing. Justice can only be served if law enforcement agencies are willing to pursue justice against anyone who violates the law--regardless of the office they hold. There is no greater threat to the rule of law than failing to hold accountable the most powerful among us," he wrote before adding, "Neither Mueller nor Barr made a final decision as to whether Trump should be prosecuted for obstruction of justice because DOJ policy precluded that outcome as long as he was president. Now that Trump is no longer president, the department needs to decide whether he will be prosecuted, and Attorney General Merrick Garland should let the American people know how that decision will be made. "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 706/18/2021

He is a milquetoast that is what I see when I see Merrick Garland. What a queenie name too.

by Anonymousreply 806/18/2021

Are we seeing a Sinema/Manchin situation here? Because I'm convinced they're both compromised or "controlled opposition". Is Garland on the Pee Anthology?

by Anonymousreply 906/18/2021

AG should've been (should be) Sally Yates.

by Anonymousreply 1006/18/2021

Agreed. Poetic Justice has been served. Now it's time for action and yes, I do believe Garland sympathizes with the Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 1106/18/2021

Not sure I agree that Garland wasn’t his first choice. Obama is a pretty conservative Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 1206/18/2021

I feel like this is Obama 2.0 where we don’t want to ruffle feathers and let bygones be bygones in the name of normalcy— and in the spirit of bipartisanship—while these motherfuckers plan to nothing but obstruct and grift.

We need the political version of this, not this useless DC bureaucrat who thinks it’s business as usual. Stop fucking around.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1306/19/2021

I wonder if Garland is being threatened by someone.....

by Anonymousreply 1406/19/2021

He needs to be replaced right away. Fire his ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1506/23/2021

Merrick Garland is the best thing that ever happened to Trump.

by Anonymousreply 1606/23/2021

Milquetoast is the best description for Garland. But so is Biden and Schumer. Can we get rid of Garland and replace him with Sally Yates? Can we please replace Schumer with Amy Klobuchar? But you see, Biden himself is also a milquetoast and probably a closet sexist because of White Male Privilege and believes females can’t be tough and are too emotional.

by Anonymousreply 1706/23/2021

Apparently Garland spent like 25 years just hearing administrative law cases which is why he’s such a poindexter AG. He’s not really the man for this job at this time.

by Anonymousreply 1806/23/2021

So why did he get the job?

by Anonymousreply 1906/27/2021

Bill Clinton was right when he observed about Americans "When Americans are feeling insecure, they prefer wrong and strong, rather than weak and right." He said that in the context of speaking about America's wars with foriegn countries.

Now, America is at war with itself.

by Anonymousreply 2006/27/2021

“probably a closet sexist because of White Male Privilege “

Perfect example of the kind of crappy knee jerk thinking that gets Republicans elected.

by Anonymousreply 2106/27/2021

Will Garland and DOJ investigate the federal law fraud coming out of the Weisselberg indictment?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2207/01/2021

Does he still have his job. Please tell me he’s gone.

by Anonymousreply 2307/13/2021

Pretty hilarious to see what utter duds people like Garland and Mueller really are. They probably play golf with Kavanaugh and Grover Norquist.

by Anonymousreply 2407/13/2021

How polite Democrats are...giving him two weeks to hand it over. Just fucking take it now.

by Anonymousreply 2507/13/2021

On Monday night, there was a brief moment of serious consternation at the news that the Department of Justice (DOJ), under Attorney General Merrick Garland, had declined to prosecute former Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross for lying to Congress after the department's Inspector General forwarded a serious referral presenting evidence that Ross had lied. The next day, the Associated Press, which published the report, issued a correction to say that it was actually the William Barr Justice Department that had issued the declination, not Garland which was a welcome relief for those who have been growing more and more concerned about whether there will be any real accountability for the Trump administration's lawlessness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26Last Wednesday at 8:21 AM

Thank you for not spelling it “rouge”, OP.

by Anonymousreply 27Last Wednesday at 8:30 AM

he's actually gone vogue, r27.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2817 hours ago

It's about the Separation of Powers. Congress has limited direct access to Executive Branch materials without a subpoena. And even then, a lot of it remains up to the discretion of the individual cabinet department.

by Anonymousreply 2917 hours ago

^ Blah blah.

by Anonymousreply 3016 hours ago

Yet, R26, Ross remains uncharged.

by Anonymousreply 3116 hours ago

He's a sheep in sheep's clothing.

by Anonymousreply 3216 hours ago

Oh, all Hispanics look rogue-ish

by Anonymousreply 3316 hours ago

Why did they choose him in the first place?

by Anonymousreply 3416 hours ago

[quote]How polite Democrats are...giving him two weeks to hand it over. Just fucking take it now.

Democrats are the officials politely asking Warden Norton to please, pretty please come out of his office with his hands up, knowing full well that demon has no interest in doing the right thing, even when the jig is up. Like, "Bitch you DO know he will shoot you AND your mama dead in the face rather than surrender, right?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3516 hours ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!