Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Meghan Markle will NOT fly to London for the unveiling of Princess Diana's statue

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373July 6, 2021 5:17 PM

Scaredy-Cat!

by Anonymousreply 1June 16, 2021 9:56 PM

Good for her. No one wants to be in London in July. Isn't HM already ensconced in Scotland for the summer by then? And everyone else is sunbathing in Cornwall or the Cotswolds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 16, 2021 10:10 PM

For God’s sake the woman just had a baby! She can’t fly (first class) to England and then be expected to stay in some castle or palace in her condition. Her husband will be fine by himself. He’ll be with family. Nothing to see here, folks.

by Anonymousreply 3June 16, 2021 10:17 PM

The OP headline says Markle will not attend. However, the OP link caption says she will support Hazbeen. So what's it gonna be? The airlines aren't going to hold her reservation forever.

by Anonymousreply 4June 16, 2021 10:21 PM

His family passed on 'genetic pain.' Oh Harry how terrible! Never mind that it has happened to every person who has ever lived.

by Anonymousreply 5June 16, 2021 10:26 PM

I think HM usually starts her season at Balmoral in late July.

by Anonymousreply 6June 16, 2021 10:35 PM

Somebody was saying she wasn't "invited", but it's William and Harry's thing - I would just think Harry could invite her, if he wanted to.

by Anonymousreply 7June 16, 2021 10:55 PM

We don't want Markle here ever. Ever. And ever.

by Anonymousreply 8June 16, 2021 11:07 PM

They're both so infantile; like tweens or something.

by Anonymousreply 9June 17, 2021 12:20 AM

She’s on parental leave!

Tee-hee

by Anonymousreply 10June 17, 2021 12:23 AM

R8 Speak for yourself. I have no respect for that racist British royal family especially Pedo Andy who loves child prostitution.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 17, 2021 12:40 AM

[quote]She’s on parental leave!

Wouldn't she need to have a job first?

by Anonymousreply 12June 17, 2021 1:09 AM

[quote]She’s on parental leave!

From what? Being a cunt?

by Anonymousreply 13June 17, 2021 1:18 AM

Only idiots fly during the pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 14June 17, 2021 1:21 AM

Heavens, I wouldn't fly any where near London - it's full of that Indian Covid variant. The Far Pavilions, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 15June 17, 2021 1:29 AM

Nicholas Fairford will be accompanying Harry.

by Anonymousreply 16June 17, 2021 1:33 AM

Meghan will be nearly a month post-partum by the time the statue unveiling happens. Unless she had serious complications, she and the baby could travel. But Meghan will never bring her kids back to the UK, nor does she dare show her face there.

She and Harry will tease their attendance at the Jubilee for clicks, but she won't go to that either. She has officially ghosted the UK.

by Anonymousreply 17June 17, 2021 2:10 AM

All I have to say is how desperate is the DM for any MM story that they have to cite Radar online as the source? Radar is 99.9% BS that you can never take seriously.

by Anonymousreply 18June 17, 2021 2:39 AM

At last I can sleep at night….

by Anonymousreply 19June 17, 2021 2:42 AM

That used-up whore better not come anywhere my territory, I will snatch her weave!

by Anonymousreply 20June 17, 2021 2:52 AM

So SICK of Harry and Meghan. I wish they would go into hibernation for about 5 years!

by Anonymousreply 21June 17, 2021 2:56 AM

Why the “will-she-won’t-she” is good for stirring up interest in a statue. Nobody under a certain age knows anything about Princess Diana.

by Anonymousreply 22June 17, 2021 3:27 AM

Cunt

by Anonymousreply 23June 17, 2021 3:37 AM

Bodega-Cat = disgusting KKK member.

by Anonymousreply 24June 17, 2021 3:45 AM

R22 You know nothing about nothing.

by Anonymousreply 25June 17, 2021 5:47 AM

Megs won't fly to London because she never returns to the scene of her crimes. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 26June 17, 2021 5:50 AM

I love these threads - absolutely full of nutters. Some of you seriously believe that the QoE can legally seize the child from Meghan should she return to the UK.

Keep the crazy going!

by Anonymousreply 27June 17, 2021 2:39 PM

R1 She's not invited. End of. Not her event, not her home, not her country. Even Harry is, at this point, only a guest at KP. It is, however, William's home and he can invite or not whom he pleases. This strictly a brothers' do.

Repeat: she - isn't - invited. And that's why she isn't going.

by Anonymousreply 28June 17, 2021 2:58 PM

Keep up the crazy R28!

by Anonymousreply 29June 17, 2021 3:02 PM

R7 Harry doesn't get to unilaterally invite Meghan. Especially as KP is William's home. If William refuses to allow Meghan there, Meghan doesn't come. Harry forfeited all his rights here. This isn't a wedding where you get to bring your Plus One.

by Anonymousreply 30June 17, 2021 3:03 PM

R27 Or that she would remotely want to.

by Anonymousreply 31June 17, 2021 3:08 PM

R31 Chance would be a fine thing!

by Anonymousreply 32June 17, 2021 6:30 PM

Doesn't Meghan eventually ghost everyone and then sees her next mark and latches on?

by Anonymousreply 33June 17, 2021 7:34 PM

Usually narcs line up the replacement source of supply THEN ghost

by Anonymousreply 34June 17, 2021 7:38 PM

You wouldn't catch me in Cornwall or the Cotswolds in July.

The fucking areas are full of English people at that time!

by Anonymousreply 35June 17, 2021 7:46 PM

I’m biracial @R24 Meg is a cunt

by Anonymousreply 36June 17, 2021 8:30 PM

R36 You may be "biracial" but you sure as hell don't have a drop of African blood in you.

by Anonymousreply 37June 17, 2021 8:37 PM

My mother disagrees with you @R37 Ps meg is a cunt

by Anonymousreply 38June 17, 2021 8:40 PM

Can someone please elucidate me as to the nature of this troll "bodega cat"?

by Anonymousreply 39June 17, 2021 8:42 PM

Eye roll @R39

by Anonymousreply 40June 17, 2021 8:43 PM

Who the hell would want to go to England?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 17, 2021 8:47 PM

Why on earth would she WANT to go?

by Anonymousreply 42June 17, 2021 8:47 PM

Damn it R16, you got there before me. I can just hear him now running around the house squealing with delight at the thought. What can I wear? How can I film and be a lady? Can I be introduced to Paul Burrell (Diana's man servant of long ago)? I'm hot and bothered just writing this.

by Anonymousreply 43June 17, 2021 8:48 PM

Trial balloon re: Haz skipping

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44June 17, 2021 8:51 PM

R44 @Murky_Meg entire Twitter feed is about the BRF and Hazza/Megz is she mentally well? Absolutely nothing breaking the obsession up, What’s the psychology behind that?

by Anonymousreply 45June 17, 2021 8:55 PM

So, back to the Express article.

Will he skip due to his "triggers?" Or go, and prove his triggers were all bs? Shouldn't it be flying into Paris that triggers him? And if going for the statue is a trigger, why did he hop over and lark about for photo ops when his gradfather passed away?

by Anonymousreply 46June 17, 2021 9:15 PM

No diseases or infections can ever kill the Cuntess, I'm sure. She will only die after her own cuntiness starts attacking her body.

by Anonymousreply 47June 17, 2021 9:16 PM

R45 Middle aged post wall women are pissed Harry isn’t married to them, so they project all of their issues onto the Sussexes, likewise another set of women/female adjacent men project all of their issues onto the Cambridge’s.

Long story short, Sussex stans = Unfuckable fat black women Cambridge stans = Unfuckable old white women

by Anonymousreply 48June 17, 2021 9:16 PM

Harry is gross, MeGain is welcome to him!

by Anonymousreply 49June 17, 2021 9:18 PM

[quote]The airlines aren’t going to hold her reservation forever.

No worries R4. If she decides to go, she can go by broom.

by Anonymousreply 50June 17, 2021 9:29 PM

[quote]Nobody under a certain age knows anything about Princess Diana.

The eldergays here will be foaming at the mouth at that statement, but it really is true. There is a whole generation of adults who were either not born yet or were in diapers when Diana was around. She's an historical figure to them, she might as well be Queen Mary.

by Anonymousreply 51June 17, 2021 9:55 PM

What exactly is Harry taking a paternity leave from?

by Anonymousreply 52June 17, 2021 10:00 PM

'You wouldn't catch me in Cornwall or the Cotswolds in July.'

Nor me, because rain and cold weather always strike. Cornwall in particular can be overcast with temps in the low 60s all summer and a rough, freezing sea. The English summer is the most unreliable beast, even in London. Everyone who earns hops on a cheap flight to Spain or Greece.

by Anonymousreply 53June 17, 2021 11:49 PM

Cambridge stans = KKK members

by Anonymousreply 54June 17, 2021 11:50 PM

While he's in London, she'll change the locks on him, or, the sucurity code.

Then, while he's "wtf"? trying to get into the house, have him served him with a petition for divorce.

Yeah, I just pulled that outta my ass, but, the plot is going stale.

by Anonymousreply 55June 18, 2021 12:14 AM

R55, it’s not far-fetched.

by Anonymousreply 56June 18, 2021 12:22 AM

'While he's in London, she'll change the locks on him, or, the sucurity code. Then, while he's "wtf"? trying to get into the house, have him served him with a petition for divorce.'

Never going to happen. She wants a huge platform and no other marriage is going to make her world famous. If she dumps Harry she'll be hated and abandoned by many of her fans. She isn't after untold wealth, she's after celebrity. The wives of billionaires are largely unknown figures.

by Anonymousreply 57June 18, 2021 12:23 AM

When will they unveil the new baby?

by Anonymousreply 58June 18, 2021 12:23 AM

Wonder if they will release a photo for Father's Day? Mb on a bench, gotta cross promo ya know.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59June 18, 2021 12:24 AM

It's all over other gossip sites that Lili has blue eyes so expect a triumphant picture soon.

by Anonymousreply 60June 18, 2021 12:36 AM

Lilibet damn well better have blue eyes. That’s what they ordered, and it didn’t come cheap.

by Anonymousreply 61June 18, 2021 12:43 AM

Interesting theory R55. Do you thinks she’ll retain custody of Harry’s balls?

by Anonymousreply 62June 18, 2021 1:01 AM

I really don't understand why a statue unveiling is being treated like a big deal. Are people (not just the DL) really that starved for royal events? The speculation surrounding whether he will attend The Diana Statue Unveiling, who else will be there, what it will be like, etc., seems way, way overblown. And I'm actually interested in the BRF.

by Anonymousreply 63June 18, 2021 1:06 AM

[quote]I really don't understand why a statue unveiling is being treated like a big deal.

Especially since it's going to be a private event. The public isn't invited, partly due to Covid restrictions.

by Anonymousreply 64June 18, 2021 1:09 AM

R63, I don’t think it’s about the statue, but the drama around the brothers and their wives.

by Anonymousreply 65June 18, 2021 1:26 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66June 18, 2021 1:27 AM

[quote]There is a whole generation of adults who were either not born yet or were in diapers when Diana was around. She's an historical figure to them, she might as well be Queen Mary.

R51. That's not necessarily true. There is a whole generation that weren't born when Marilyn Monroe was a major star, and yet she (along with James Dean and Elvis Presley) retained celebrity icon status to this day. In fact, it can be argued that their celebrity status has grown even stronger. Diana, Princess of Wales could very well be one of those rarified global icons who retain their celebrity status among the public no matter when you were born.

by Anonymousreply 67June 18, 2021 1:34 AM

R66. There has been talk that Kate Middleton may not attend so that the "event" looks like it is simply the brothers, Will and Harry, honoring their mother. The rationale behind this thinking was that if Kate doesn't attend, then it doesn't seem so odd that Markle isn't there. If Kate were to attend, then Markle's absence is more obvious.

Anyway, that was the talk last year (before Markle was pregnant) when people were speculating if she would attend because even then the brothers were not getting along. Then the pregnancy happened and it gave her an easy out not to go. Kate actually could now attend, and it's easy to say that Markle isn't there because she just gave birth. But now the speculation about Kate not attending is because she doesn't want to get in the middle of the feuding brothers, and the palace doesn't want Kate's reputation damaged as the future queen. It may be just better for Kate to stay away from toxic Harry and the awkwardness of William's inability to hide his disgust toward his brother. With Kate not there, her reputation and image remains pure, unsullied and distant from family fighting and bitchy brothers unable to get along. By the way--all started because of Meghan Markle, the ultimate troublemaker.

by Anonymousreply 68June 18, 2021 1:49 AM

Seems like some of the Spencers ought to be invited.

by Anonymousreply 69June 18, 2021 1:52 AM

R53 I don't think many folks are hopping on planes to Spain these days, eh?

No, because there are very few countries on the green list.

So yes, this summer for many is a UK staycation.

by Anonymousreply 70June 18, 2021 4:40 AM

Does genetic pain increase the chances of Covid?

by Anonymousreply 71June 18, 2021 6:32 AM

[quote] Only idiots fly during the pandemic.

Excuse me, HER ROYAL HIGHNESS does not fly on commercial flights. She has special friends who lend her their private jets. She pays nothing for expenses, but in exchange her special friends are allowed to remain in the Duchess' good graces.

by Anonymousreply 72June 18, 2021 7:56 AM

Just my worthless two cents, but Kate should stay home. It’s the easiest way to make it about the brothers and not bring a whole bunch of drama.

by Anonymousreply 73June 18, 2021 8:26 AM

[quote]She isn't after untold wealth, she's after celebrity.

I'd say she's after both, vigorously so as well.

by Anonymousreply 74June 18, 2021 9:08 AM

Does anyone else think Harry won't go?

by Anonymousreply 75June 18, 2021 9:13 AM

I've always said she's worse than Wallis Simpson

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76June 18, 2021 9:14 AM

R76, she IS.

I wonder if she’ll end up the same way. That would be delightfully just.

by Anonymousreply 77June 18, 2021 9:24 AM

[quote]Do you thinks she’ll retain custody of Harry’s balls?

Only if he grows a pair.

by Anonymousreply 78June 18, 2021 9:29 AM

'I don't think many folks are hopping on planes to Spain these days, eh?'

Unlike Yanks, we get at least 6 weeks holiday a year so the amber list countries are do-able for a week even with the quarantine at the end. Retired people aren't bothered by the quarantine at all and are vacationing as normal.

by Anonymousreply 79June 18, 2021 9:30 AM

Harry was cute as a teen but he just keeps getting uglier

by Anonymousreply 80June 18, 2021 10:05 AM

R67, I think you overstate the position of Munroe, Dean & Presley - I'm too young for them first time round, but as a kid, there were endless reruns of their movies on tv and lots of documentaries. This hasn't been the case for a while - you have to already be interested (which a minority are) and seek out their work, but to a general under-40 population, they aren't that well-remembered. There's a Diana resurgence currently, but it's only driven by current events. The UK news would probably have covered the statue story, well down the schedule, but it would have been a minor, local thing.

by Anonymousreply 81June 18, 2021 1:56 PM

A narcissist like Meghan can always find a way to make it all about her. What a fool Harry is. He ruined his life for this witch.

by Anonymousreply 82June 18, 2021 2:13 PM

Ruined his children's lives too, R82. But to him it will all be worth it if he can ruin Charles' and William's lives, prob hastened Philip's death, too.

by Anonymousreply 83June 18, 2021 2:58 PM

I wonder if she will crash the event, hang off Harry constantly, and give other women dirty looks like she did at the Inskip wedding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84June 18, 2021 3:11 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85June 18, 2021 3:11 PM

Please, we just got rid of Trump and his evil spawn, we don't want her here stinking up the place.

by Anonymousreply 86June 18, 2021 3:15 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87June 18, 2021 3:15 PM

[Quote], I think you overstate the position of Munroe, Dean & Presley

For a brief, puzzling moment, I thought this referred to the Harkles lawyers and some civil action. 😂

by Anonymousreply 88June 18, 2021 3:52 PM

R48

I think people are more jealous that Meghan met TQ and had an opportunity at royal life, not that she married the balding Ginge. What a weird comment. Do *you* lust after him, I take it?

by Anonymousreply 89June 18, 2021 4:24 PM

Standard Sunshine Sucks pr line re: why people do not like Meg's behavior, R89. Look at how low they are going here, the line is constantly blurred, is it MeGAIN who is cosplaying Diana or is it Haz?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90June 18, 2021 4:27 PM

There ain’t enough elucidation in the WORLD that could help YOU, gurl (R39).

by Anonymousreply 91June 18, 2021 4:32 PM

[Quote]I think people are more jealous that Meghan met TQ and had an opportunity at royal life

One of the DSM V diagnostic criteria for Narcissistic Personality Disorder:

[Quote]Envy of others or a belief that others are envious of him or her

Or both!

Meghan's PR and her fans need to work within the confines of her psychopathology to make her look better than she really is. That's the whole point, not shining a light on and accentuating her worst character traits.

by Anonymousreply 92June 18, 2021 4:37 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93June 18, 2021 4:44 PM

What other shit is Meghan going to pull?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94June 18, 2021 5:06 PM

The BRF has disputed this narrative, how is this story still being pushed yesterday?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95June 18, 2021 5:09 PM

I wonder if the interview was taped before or after the bad reviews.

by Anonymousreply 96June 18, 2021 5:09 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97June 18, 2021 5:18 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98June 18, 2021 5:18 PM

Barrage of placed PR

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99June 18, 2021 5:27 PM

Cause she knows she'll look like crap standing next to Catherine?

Looking fabulous at the LSE today. Love the dress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100June 18, 2021 5:51 PM

Remember the story a few weeks ago that Harry was insisting Meghan participate in the ceremony via video link? Having Kate bow out short-circuits this plan: If William's wife doesn't participate, there is no justification for Meghan participating. Very smart countermove on the part of the BRF.

The new plan of attack by Palace PR seems to be denying Meghan any opportunity to underline her connection to the family. I'm sure they're working furiously on a way to keep Harry and Meghan away from the Jubilee next year.

by Anonymousreply 101June 18, 2021 6:03 PM

Invite her, but provide no security. Let the British people tear the bitch to shred.

by Anonymousreply 102June 18, 2021 6:21 PM

Oh Lord how miserable must you be to NOT want her to come to the UK but at the same time be upset that she won't be coming to the UK because somehow she is playing cat and mouse games with the BRF and the media, then be HAPPY that she's apparently too scared to set foot in the UK ever again.

Lord you must be so miserable in your sad, pathetic life.

I mean, so what if she doesn't want to come to a country that won't welcome her. Would YOU want to go to a country that hates you or you will not be welcomed to, regardless of whether it was of your own making? Does that make you a bad person for not wanting to go back? Some people will never be happy until the "half black" duchess is guillotined in the tower of London

by Anonymousreply 103June 18, 2021 6:31 PM

[quote] Some people will never be happy until the "half black" duchess is guillotined in the tower of London

Some people will never be happy until the narcissistic, social climbing, grifter duchess is guillotined in the Tower of London.

I was happy to fix that for you, you race card playing douche.

by Anonymousreply 104June 18, 2021 6:38 PM

Rolls eyes at R103.

by Anonymousreply 105June 18, 2021 6:42 PM

Typical Meghanbot overstatement at R103. Nobody here is bringing up race except you, dipshit.

by Anonymousreply 106June 18, 2021 7:07 PM

[quote]Would YOU want to go to a country that hates you or you will not be welcomed to, regardless of whether it was of your own making? Does that make you a bad person for not wanting to go back?

r103 displaying his inability at critical thinking.

Yes dear, when you intentionally shit on the carpet of your hosts's home, the rest is irrelevant; you are a bad person. Case closed.

by Anonymousreply 107June 18, 2021 7:10 PM

Meghan would look so much better with a new hairstyle. Why do so many middle aged women insist on the middle part and super long look lately?

by Anonymousreply 108June 18, 2021 7:34 PM

Because they are told it is “youthful” and “sexy”, and that straight men prefer long locks.

by Anonymousreply 109June 18, 2021 7:57 PM

I wouldn't take anything in the Express without a bucket of salt. They run half a dozen articles on the royals every day, citing one expert, insider, source or another, and half the articles directly contradict the other half. They also recycle news stories about the royals that are, literally, 20 years old.

It's possible Harry will skip it. Not probably, but possible, and if he does, it won't be because London triggers him, but because he knows bloody well that his Gran is furious with him, he and Meghan were branded liars by the Palace, things are worse now than they were before as everyone with the possible exception of Eugenie is appalled by the name and the way it was handled, and he's now a full pariah.

Remember, the funeral was after the Oprah interview. The other mental health ones were afterward, so he's returning again after blackening the family and the Queen - again.

He knows he won't be met with anything but froideur majeure by everyone except possibly his father.

He's done and he knows it. He'll either go through it grimly and blow town quickly, or not do it at all and let the chips fall where they may.

by Anonymousreply 110June 18, 2021 8:10 PM

I'm out of touch but is long hair still 'a thing'? Makes women's faces bland. Always flicking it back, pulling behind their ears.

by Anonymousreply 111June 18, 2021 9:25 PM

R111. Yes. Because “men like long hair”. Nevermind what actually looks good.

by Anonymousreply 112June 18, 2021 9:27 PM

After spending her adult life straightening, frying and sewing in weaves and extensions, she’s not changing now.

UNLESS she finally realises that spinning her stories about the RACIST royal family / miscarriage / Kate making her cry is no longer getting any traction, in which case, on Kate’s birthday, she’ll embrace her heritage and unveil a new look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113June 18, 2021 9:41 PM

I think Harry will skip it. He got a taste of what his reception will be like when he attended Philip's funeral and he has no stomach for facing the consequences of his actions. He'll say he wants to spend time with his family and honor his mother in his own way. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he and Meghan tried to do some kind of memorial to Diana in LA.

by Anonymousreply 114June 18, 2021 10:23 PM

*spend time with his new baby

by Anonymousreply 115June 18, 2021 10:28 PM

Remember last year when those poor pre schoolers in LA had to plant forget-me-nots for StDians's birthday? hahaha

I expect more of that type of shit.

by Anonymousreply 116June 18, 2021 10:32 PM

I think she should brazen it out and go with him, bringing their two kids. That would be a power move.

I hold her in contempt, but it would disrupt the current situation, and maybe in a positive way. After all, who (in the Royal Family, not me), wouldn't want to meet the kiddies? They'd be like her diplomatic shield.

by Anonymousreply 117June 18, 2021 11:15 PM

She seems terrified that if she takes the kids to the UK, the BRF will keep the children. This will never happen, as the BRF doesn't want her kids, but Meghan has always thought she is more important than really she is.

by Anonymousreply 118June 18, 2021 11:21 PM

I suspect that she’d secretly welcome being booed by the public (although I doubt that it would happen). It would fit with her whole “they’re all RACISTS” narrative.

Besides, to a narc, any attention is good attention.

by Anonymousreply 119June 18, 2021 11:25 PM

She can still fly to the UK. Brooms are safe from COVID.

by Anonymousreply 120June 18, 2021 11:46 PM

[Quote]I wouldn't be at all surprised if he and Meghan tried to do some kind of memorial to Diana in LA.

R114 -- It's only a question of how thick they'll layer on the schmaltz. And what better occasion to introduce her little namesake to the world? Yep, there's a double whammy in the cards here. Only question is the precise timing and which dueling memorial will receive more coverage.

by Anonymousreply 121June 18, 2021 11:54 PM

A memorial in LA would make no freaking sense. Diana was born and raised in England, and she lived there her entire life. If she did dream of moving to the US, she probably would have chosen NYC over LA.

A Diana memorial in LA would make as much sense as recognizing Britain's Remembrance Day by visiting a military cemetery in LA for a photoshoot. Oh, wait...

by Anonymousreply 122June 19, 2021 12:08 AM

Sure, Jan. LAers are getting as delusional as New Yorkers.

by Anonymousreply 123June 19, 2021 12:45 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124June 19, 2021 1:26 AM

Wow, they cannot be dismissed as having no substance after these steps were taken. Plus what Catherine and CHARLOTTE experienced.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125June 19, 2021 1:31 AM

Wallis Simpson dressed better and kept her mouth shut.

by Anonymousreply 126June 19, 2021 6:18 AM

Thank you Megan haters for pointing yourselves out

[bold] hits block button [/bold]

by Anonymousreply 127June 19, 2021 1:04 PM

They have 2 babies who are not vaccinated. Why would they take the chance of their children getting Covid. If she was going you would be screaming what a horrible mother she is exposing her babies to covid.

Some of you just need something to complain about.

by Anonymousreply 128June 19, 2021 1:19 PM

We're not complaining - the various PR mouthpieces have been giving out varying messages, and we're commenting.

by Anonymousreply 129June 19, 2021 3:05 PM

The Meghanbots always equate any discussion of their goddess that isn't blatant ass-kissing as complaining. She's a public figure so of course she invites commentary, and some of it will be negative. Sorry, Megs: You take the fame, you take the pain.

by Anonymousreply 130June 19, 2021 3:21 PM

The problem isn't that Markle would be boo'd.

The problem is that she would be met with massive indifference and apathy.

by Anonymousreply 131June 19, 2021 3:22 PM

Yep: Her appearances would cause stony silence perhaps punctuated with a few boos. The worst reception possible for a narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 132June 19, 2021 3:25 PM

They have been booed before, don't think it can be ruled out.

by Anonymousreply 133June 19, 2021 3:27 PM

[quote] The worst reception possible for a narcissist.

I'll defer to your better knowledge of that, r132.

I should have made clear in my previous post something we all already know- that if you make your dough-ray-mee as a podcast-influencer-celebrity the coin of the realm is interest in you.

Hell, being boo'd is actually a good thing in that type of show-business. It means there still is enough interest in your presence to motivate others to react to it, even if negatively.

The Death Knell, however, is a wide, gaping, actual lack of interest, indifference, So What?

I think Markle is smart enough to fear that more than negative reaction.

by Anonymousreply 134June 19, 2021 3:37 PM

Ditto from Canada r8. In fact, CANADA just moved. No fixed address right now - we'll keep the Harckles posted on new address when we arrive.

by Anonymousreply 135June 19, 2021 3:40 PM

Why not? Can’t they find a big enough broomstick for her to fly on?

by Anonymousreply 136June 19, 2021 4:14 PM

Their PR firm churns out conflicting messages to keep everyone talking and wondering; which is all that the Harkles want.

Good press, bad press, no matter, as long as they're getting into the media as often as possible.

As said upthread; their achilles heel will be utter indifference from the public (lack of clicks) to the point that editors take a pass on printing their PR generated nonsense.

See today that their PR service has told Omid Scobie to start floating the rumors of multiple 'skin color' discussions .... likely utter bullshit, but keeps the clicks coming in.

by Anonymousreply 137June 19, 2021 4:42 PM

Every story is just a commercial to 'buy Harkle!' Its purely advertising of their brand. The Harkles and their PR people are just laughing uproariously at the gullibility of her followers (sorry, paid for bots).

by Anonymousreply 138June 19, 2021 4:51 PM

Because British people are racist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139June 19, 2021 4:57 PM

Is this the time when a soldier fell? Notice the difference between Kate and Meghan's reactions (horror vs. amusement).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140June 19, 2021 5:00 PM

Harry and Meghan both laughed at that horrific event. Catherine, not a disordered human, appropriately looked aghast and concerned.

by Anonymousreply 141June 19, 2021 5:08 PM

Because British people are very racist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142June 19, 2021 5:17 PM

Her broomstick is being serviced.

by Anonymousreply 143June 19, 2021 5:19 PM

Don’t let the door hit you in the arse, R127. Narc lover.

by Anonymousreply 144June 19, 2021 5:20 PM

Notice how the thread keeps chugging nicely along when you block the Meghanbots?

by Anonymousreply 145June 19, 2021 5:21 PM

R143 - US, Canada and other countries have also seen a surge in Asian hate crimes as well as anti-Semitic.

by Anonymousreply 146June 19, 2021 5:21 PM

R146 Many incidents of hate crime across the UK go unreported because the British press is generally racist. In a recent British article on the front page of The Sunday Times, the writer mentioned that she and other white people enjoy Prince Philip's racist comments about Asian eyes. If that article ever gets printed in Canada, the writer would lose her job.

Derek Sloan, who is a Canadian politician, was voted out of the Conservative party on January 20, 2021 because he accepted donations from white supremacists.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147June 19, 2021 5:57 PM

R147 -yeah, ok...and your point is?

by Anonymousreply 148June 19, 2021 5:59 PM

Fuck off Lainey

by Anonymousreply 149June 19, 2021 6:02 PM

R148 My point is British people are more racist than Canadians and Americans.

by Anonymousreply 150June 19, 2021 6:03 PM

Maybe start a different thread to talk about hate crimes in Britain. This thread is about Meghan Markle.

by Anonymousreply 151June 19, 2021 6:08 PM

R150 - and your basing your conclusion on what evidence/study/report?

by Anonymousreply 152June 19, 2021 6:08 PM

The guy who fell in the heat was an older guy who fell of his horse and hit his head. Funny!

by Anonymousreply 153June 19, 2021 6:09 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154June 19, 2021 6:11 PM

Only to a sociopath, R153.

by Anonymousreply 155June 19, 2021 6:11 PM

R153 = Meghan The Narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 156June 19, 2021 6:11 PM

Where were they booed at?

by Anonymousreply 157June 19, 2021 8:17 PM

The Royal Albert Hall for one

by Anonymousreply 158June 19, 2021 8:18 PM

She can fly in with or without kids or fly to the moon on a Lorna Doone. She isn't going to the unveiling. She no longer has status or relevance to the BRF. She's a foreign national. William, not Harry, holds the keys to KP. He got the Sussexes booted out of the place while they were still working royals and he'll have even less trouble keeping Meghan Markle out now.

by Anonymousreply 159June 19, 2021 9:07 PM

R150 George Floyd, Sandra Bland, Trayvon Martin, Aiyanna Jones, Philandro Castile, Atatiana Jefferson, Botham Jean, Daunte Wright, Marvin Scott, Patrick Warren, Andre Hill, Breonna Taylor, Alton Sterling, Eric Garner, ad infinitum.....beg to differ.

by Anonymousreply 160June 19, 2021 9:19 PM

The UK likes to turn a blind eye to racism and underreports incidents of racism.

A report from the UK Government, published in the wake of George Floyd's death, stated that institutional racism doesn't exist in the UK’s education, housing or health systems, and that people should look to find the positives in the country’s shameful history with slavery.

The report has caused outrage across the country. Not just among the public, but experts and academics, too – with some saying it could endanger people’s lives...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161June 19, 2021 9:41 PM

I thought the British were super vigilant about hate speech where if you tweet anything implying prejudice the police show up at your door. The Prince Philip racist comment article seems incredible in this day and age.

by Anonymousreply 162June 19, 2021 9:56 PM

The Brits are much less racist than Americans. We're world champion racists! USA! USA! USA!

by Anonymousreply 163June 19, 2021 10:14 PM

Boring! Back to Meghan!

by Anonymousreply 164June 19, 2021 10:42 PM

What's with all the red-herring UK racism posts? We're not talking about racism in the UK. We're talking about grifter Meghan, who so deracinated herself through plastic surgery and hair treatments that many people thought she was Latina. She joined a white sorority, dated and married white men, and has caucasian-looking children (well, Archie is, and Lili probably is too). In her idealized pictures of Archie, like the ones that appeared on their Christmas card or in The Bench, Archie is made to look even more white, with red-gold hair.

Meghan only plays the race card when she feels it will benefit her. Otherwise, she lives as lily-white a life as possible.

by Anonymousreply 165June 19, 2021 11:20 PM

[quote]Otherwise, she lives as lily-white a life as possible.

What's the name of Meghan's daughter again?

by Anonymousreply 166June 19, 2021 11:21 PM

R165 - why did she put on such a black show at her wedding, though? The minister and the choir...

by Anonymousreply 167June 19, 2021 11:22 PM

R167, because being different in that family made for a more interesting narrative.

by Anonymousreply 168June 19, 2021 11:24 PM

It suited her to play the race card then. Especially if, as rumored, the BRF was already having doubts about her, playing up her Black heritage helped solidify her position. The BRF couldn't do much about her antics without getting called racist. She was also building a brand as a major Black celebrity: She was courting Oprah and trying to court the Obamas, too.

by Anonymousreply 169June 19, 2021 11:24 PM

R1645, it is a tactic Sunshine Sacks uses to try to derail social media that does not fawn over Rach. The ultimate goal is to get the thread deleted and to deter particular posters to no longer post on the topic. The KGT has used the exact same practices for another client when doing social media management on this board.

by Anonymousreply 170June 19, 2021 11:26 PM

R167 it was Prince Charles who invited the choir and the Harkles were rude to them. La Markle has no use for impoverished black people. Or impoverished white people. She's like Scientology: she seeks out clueless rich mental patients to exploit.

by Anonymousreply 171June 19, 2021 11:48 PM

The Harkles ran the choir and its director ragged, demanding a succession of arrangements (I think I read 11) before they, I mean Meghan, was satisfied.

by Anonymousreply 172June 19, 2021 11:56 PM

Meghan has several cousins, aunts, uncles on her mum's side that she could have invited to the wedding. She didnt. Oprah was more important than her black family. She was also telling people she was Italian.

Every move from her was calculated: meeting H at Soho House, wearing Dianas perfume on dates, fucking him in Botswana in a tent and making herself out to be some humanitarian for the poor Africans, releasing the Toronto "dont harass me cause I'm black" statement, keeping clothes in Toronto and PR people in L.A.

People dislike Meghan because she is rude, a cold, calculating bully who ditched her first husband and mailed the wedding ring back to him and cheated on Cory Vitiello to get at H.

by Anonymousreply 173June 20, 2021 12:28 AM

Oh, to inhabit Trevor's brain now. If I had it, I'd pay good money to interview him. Not that money would entice him. It's kind of funny that by getting dumped by Meghan freed him up to marry an heiress to a billion dollar fortune.

by Anonymousreply 174June 20, 2021 12:46 AM

He may have been the second, R173, the first, allegedly, was annulled. The guy's name is out there, he is a lawyer now. They met at NW, she was easier to buy off in the early days. She offered to leave before the Harry wedding, for a price. True love, eh?

by Anonymousreply 175June 20, 2021 12:49 AM

Good.

It’ll be an unseemly enough spectacle without that gormless pair of vicious halfwits mugging for whatever nonsense trade enterprise they’ve most recently whored themselves for.

by Anonymousreply 176June 20, 2021 1:39 AM

Well said, R176.

by Anonymousreply 177June 20, 2021 1:41 AM

No comment yet on Juneteenth by Meghan Markle, the champion of black women.

by Anonymousreply 178June 20, 2021 2:31 AM

She had "Caucasian" on her cv

by Anonymousreply 179June 20, 2021 2:44 AM

So, the other Meghan thread got deleted. That's really irritating: There was a lot of interesting discussion there.

by Anonymousreply 180June 20, 2021 2:46 AM

Wonder if her sorority sisters knew she was black?

by Anonymousreply 181June 20, 2021 2:48 AM

They probably knew to stay away when the superglue came out, allegedly, etc.

by Anonymousreply 182June 20, 2021 2:57 AM

R180 Ha! Ha!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183June 20, 2021 3:04 AM

Agree r180, but we have several other ongoing threads to carry on. There will maybe be more news tomorrow (Sunday) before things settle down, news-wise, for the week.

by Anonymousreply 184June 20, 2021 3:06 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185June 20, 2021 1:13 PM

She is such a schemer. I don’t know how people can’t see that at this point. Especially black people, particularly women, who claim and champion her. I don’t see her how she’s relatable to them at all. She’s only black when it’s convenient.

by Anonymousreply 186June 20, 2021 1:23 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187June 20, 2021 3:23 PM

Markle herself aside, they’ve got two kids that are too young to be vaccinated. If she came, they’d have to come too, because if they left them at home, there would be a stink in the press about how Markle was keeping the grandkids away because she’s a bitch.

In reality, there’s a lot of that new Covid strain in the UK, and few people would want to expose children that are too young to be vaccinated, if they didn’t have to. I’ve been reading about it, it’s highly contagious, much worse than the Wuhan strain, and more dangerous. The new variants just seem to be getting stronger and more contagious, not less.

by Anonymousreply 188June 20, 2021 3:40 PM

Archie's a voracious reader at age 2, huh? Markle's lost her marbles.

by Anonymousreply 189June 20, 2021 3:55 PM

How would she even know if he *were* a voracious reader?

Maybe that’s what the nanny tells her.

In general, toddler boys aren’t very interested in books. When they’re very tired at the end of the day, they may enjoy being read to after bath, before bed. And they may enjoy the more interactive or pop-up books, or picture books about trains and trucks.

And that’s okay.

by Anonymousreply 190June 20, 2021 4:09 PM

R188, all good points. Her attendance at the statue thingy would be a problem for so many reasons. We have plenty of reasons to criticize her; staying back in CA isn’t one of them, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 191June 20, 2021 4:11 PM

The Harkles' lack of participation in events in the UK which the Royal family have historically taken part in, give Prince Charles even more ammo to cut them off completely. And good luck making bank off your titles when you don't have any titles.

by Anonymousreply 192June 20, 2021 4:18 PM

From the NPR interview today: 'I often find, and especially in this past year, I think so many of us realized how much happens in the quiet. It was definitely moments like that, watching them from out of the window and watching [Harry] just, you know, rock him [Archie] to sleep or carry him or, you know... those lived experiences, from my observation, are the things that I infused in this poem.'

HAHAHAHAHA. Can that women every say anything that isn't dripping in purple prose and cliches? "lived experiences"?? "Infused in this poem"?? She is so so try-hard.

by Anonymousreply 193June 20, 2021 4:30 PM

She is socially awkward and cringe, R193. For being a bully, she should be cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 194June 20, 2021 4:35 PM

R193- Who did she plagiarize those words from, I wonder? Everything out of her mouth has been stolen from someone else.

by Anonymousreply 195June 20, 2021 4:35 PM

R174 - Rumour has it that Tom Bower, whose No Holds Barred bio of Meghan is due out next March, got Trevor to talk. Bower is known for being no respecter of persons, and he's likely to produce a far more damaging book on Meghan than that piece of twaddle Omid Scobie "wrote" that was supposed to damage the BRF.

He is also known for excruciatingly in-depth research.

Everything - EVERYTHING the Harkles have done: Finding Freedom, their stupid Manifesto, the Oprah interview as Philip lay dying, Harry's mental health back-stabbing of the Queen and his father, the endless stupid PR stories about their "private" lives, her universally jeered at book, Gayle King leaking that she'd been told the content of Harry's conversations with his family and threatening the family with more "leaks" if the Harkles' "concerns" weren't addressed, the "Lilibet" fiasco complete with lies on Harry's part that the Palace basically confirmed were lies . . . all of it has caused a short-lived explosion and then glanced off the BRF like water off a duck's back.

They just - keep -making - the BRF - and especially the Queen and the Cambridges - look good. They keep misreading the room and coming off as spiteful, greedy, sly, petulant, and like the last people in the room you'd want to be seated next to at dinner.

by Anonymousreply 196June 20, 2021 4:35 PM

r196 they literally cannot shut up. Markle has to be in 7th Heaven: an ultra-obscure 'career' as a Suitcase girl on a game show and a supporting actress on a cheap Canadian cable show - and now she's finally famous! If only she were as rich as she is famous. Problem is, they're so over-exposed now, they're heading into trouble. I'm surprised their enormous team of publicists haven't tried to calm them down. But finally being famous must have the Megster on a high.

by Anonymousreply 197June 20, 2021 4:40 PM

Imagine every time Trevor hears of her latest antics. Probably goes “oh Christ, that move. I know that one well.” His new wife has got to be sick of it. Nice that both Trev and Meg remarried well. I’d like to pick his brain more than anyone else involved in this entire farce.

by Anonymousreply 198June 20, 2021 4:41 PM

R193 - And Kate did it better with the photo of Charlotte smelling a bluebell a day or two earlier.

Purple prose is the last refuge of those cherishing delusions of grandeur.

A bit like patriotism being the last refuge of a scoundrel.

by Anonymousreply 199June 20, 2021 4:41 PM

Pedaling furiously, getting nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 200June 20, 2021 4:50 PM

Meghan may not be in London for the unveiling but she did hire the sculptor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201June 20, 2021 4:53 PM

Nobody is criticizing Meghan for skipping the statue unveiling. The criticisms I've heard surround her rumored attempts to push her way in via video link.

This ceremony is about Diana and her sons. If everyone got along, it would have been fine if both wives attended. However, everyone does NOT, so keeping it to just Harry and William is fine and appropriate. The problem is that Harry keeps acting out in the press, so what should have been a lovely, low-key ceremony has turned into yet another Sussex-brewed shitstorm.

by Anonymousreply 202June 20, 2021 5:21 PM

More Meghan quotes from NPR today: 'I knew our son would notice all of those elements, and he loves the book, which is great ... . But now the fact he loves The Bench and we can say 'Mommy wrote this for you' feels amazing.'

So she got at least one good review.

by Anonymousreply 203June 20, 2021 5:42 PM

Who cares if The Bench is horribly written? It's full of special Meghan things: "I think you can find sweet little moments that we hid in there - of my favourite flower, even my husband's mom's favorite flower, forget-me-nots. We wanted to make sure those were included in there."

by Anonymousreply 204June 20, 2021 5:45 PM

ooooh, that’s just so precious!

(Gag)

by Anonymousreply 205June 20, 2021 5:48 PM

"It's a love story. It's really just about growing with someone and having this deep connection and this trust so that, be at good times or bad, you know that you had this person."

Until you want to marry a Prince and your slob of a dad needs to stay the hell away from your bench.

by Anonymousreply 206June 20, 2021 5:49 PM

The obsession with Diana is verging on creepy. They never not mention her.

by Anonymousreply 207June 20, 2021 5:55 PM

When the divorce starts and Meghan's lawyers are outlining how terrible Harry was as a husband and father, all his lawyers have to do is start reading from The Bench.

by Anonymousreply 208June 20, 2021 6:08 PM

Remember Meghan's agent or publicist who was tasked with helping her find "a rich guy in the UK" and to also make sure that all the ads she lined up for Megs showcased her legs because "I have legs for days". She spilt some tea around Megxit, but had long since been Markled. She had said Meghan's ultimate goal was to "break the internet".

Meghan/SS (I know both of you read everything) - If you want to break the internet, tell everyone you are not showing up to Diana's unveiling, fly in, totally under the radar in the middle of the night on a private jet with the 2 kids incognito, do not breathe a work to ANYBODY including eunuch Scobie or gorilla Gayle, and then just show up. We all know you are grifting, divisive bitch, but I will tip my hat to your sheer audacity. Face it, you are now the conniving vileness of the world. Embrace it. This is more fame than you would have ever got on your own or deserve. I think we can back a villain who leans into the role. Wear something with a cape - consult with Melania on triggering outfits.

by Anonymousreply 209June 20, 2021 6:33 PM

AHHHHH!!!! Meghan - also, I'm sure you've nipped and tucked. Actresses with less resources have lost the baby weight in a matter of weeks. Do whatever it takes and then show up in a replication on Diana's revenge dress complete with choker. That will ensure maximum impact. It will be stuff legends are made of! Maybe you can be extra nice to someone and have them go into the royal vaults for the actual dress. You and Diana MUST be around the same size and she had legs for days as well! Perfect match!

by Anonymousreply 210June 20, 2021 6:37 PM

R206 made me LOL.

by Anonymousreply 211June 20, 2021 6:40 PM

Meghan has 'legs for days'? She's got horrible toothpick legs. And she's short.

by Anonymousreply 212June 20, 2021 7:48 PM

Legs for days was Meghan describing herself.

by Anonymousreply 213June 20, 2021 7:53 PM

Ego for days is more like it.

by Anonymousreply 214June 20, 2021 8:03 PM

She’s not short, she’s average height for women. However, she has the ugliest legs I’ve ever seen. They’re like toothpicks.

by Anonymousreply 215June 20, 2021 8:05 PM

She's nearly 5'4" = short.

by Anonymousreply 216June 20, 2021 8:08 PM

R203-- Her own that she wrote anonymously. 😏

by Anonymousreply 217June 20, 2021 8:13 PM

R216, no idea where you are from, but in the US, 5’4 and just under is average.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218June 20, 2021 8:14 PM

Asians and latinos skewed that number down. She's neither. Americans used to be taller decades ago before mass immigration from the dev world.

by Anonymousreply 219June 20, 2021 8:19 PM

I know a lot of women who are neither of those ethnicities and are under 5’4, R219. Look at many of the actresses. Regardless, Meghan is average height. Now if you’re comparing her to Kate, then she’s short.

by Anonymousreply 220June 20, 2021 8:30 PM

Under 5'5 is on the short side of women. 5'9 or 5'10 is runway model height

by Anonymousreply 221June 20, 2021 8:39 PM

[Quote]"It's a love story. It's really just about growing with someone and having this deep connection and this trust so that, be at good times or bad, you know that you had this person."

What was your bench like when you were growing up as a little girl and young woman? Tell us about the father figure in your life.

The most logical follow up ever nix by her PR in the pre-submitted questions required by the American citizen Duchess who illegally clings to her title.

Just so we're all clear about that.

by Anonymousreply 222June 20, 2021 9:18 PM

Well now, R222, that's why the book is about fathers and SONS. So she doesn't have to address her relationship (as a daughter) with her own father. So in her NPR interview today, she went on and on about how inclusive this book is, and how it represents EVERYONE. Caucasian dads and their sons, dads of color and their sons, differently abled dads and sons, not-thin dads and sons, dads and sons with glasses, but no daughters. But it omits little girls, so the book excludes half the population. Why the hell would anyone want to read their daughters a book that focuses on dads and only their sons? Why are libraries accepting donations of such a sexist, exclusive book. So much for feminism.

by Anonymousreply 223June 20, 2021 9:26 PM

It just reaches parody levels when both parents have cut off their own fathers. Who ever believes that H of all people is an adoring daddy?

by Anonymousreply 224June 20, 2021 10:40 PM

r223,yes to that also. Do a book about fathers but leave out female kids?

by Anonymousreply 225June 20, 2021 10:44 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226June 21, 2021 12:31 AM

He's a tween. So is his wife.

by Anonymousreply 227June 21, 2021 12:38 AM

Angry, ODD, anti-social tweens. God help those children.

by Anonymousreply 228June 21, 2021 12:40 AM

I hope the pilot who ends up flying her isn't drunk!!!

by Anonymousreply 229June 21, 2021 1:04 AM

I could honestly see her turning up. She would not obey quarantine rules, she is quite anti-social.

I thought they knew this from before the birth and thus were leaking they did not want him to have a title to seem like they did not care. But, with a brand based on victimhood...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230June 21, 2021 1:16 AM

Oh my goodness - was the “Prince William threw Harry out of Kensington Palace over Meghan Markle” thread NUKED off the site?

That makes me smile. I was enjoying defending M‘s Dior… but the Klan Granny stuff really does get so ugly sometimes, and needs to be put out. Like trash.

Thank you, Muriel!

by Anonymousreply 231June 21, 2021 1:37 AM

Be sure to upvote this thread by clicking on the WW in the OP's title thread. Its greyed out now.

by Anonymousreply 232June 21, 2021 1:42 AM

My bad. Somehow my settings changed from asbestos eyeballs. All fixed.

by Anonymousreply 233June 21, 2021 1:44 AM

Why do I care if it’s grayed out or not?

by Anonymousreply 234June 21, 2021 1:44 AM

Does Meg have other, more nefarious plans, for that day?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235June 21, 2021 1:49 AM

Nah, I am going to down vote, just because I can.

by Anonymousreply 236June 21, 2021 1:50 AM

I’m doing it, too.

R232 isn’t the boss of me!

by Anonymousreply 237June 21, 2021 1:52 AM

There is a conflict in reporting. What everyone agrees on - there was an inciting incident to the INITIAL Oprah interview. Was it because Harry of the original report, that Harry was losing his military titles OR was it the latest article in the DM that Charles had decided on a slimmed down monarchy, thus alleviating Archie of ever getting an HRH Prince title. Or both. New reports say that Harry and Meghan were very "raw" after the news was delivered that Charles would be signing new letters. The final option could be that Harry told Charles he was doing Oprah and then said he would remove the letters around the time of filming.

by Anonymousreply 238June 21, 2021 2:02 AM

But why do they care anymore? They are living a comfortable life way over in CA, thousands of miles from the UK and BRF. Who cares if his honorary military titles get pulled away? Those are only useful in official royal event settings, like Trooping the Colour and the like, and he isn't doing those anymore. He still has his self-earned military honors.

Why care about their kids titles? They'll be growing up in southern CA, where titles are useless. Their continued upset is all for show, it's meaningless.

by Anonymousreply 239June 21, 2021 2:52 AM

R239- Because they were kicked out and did not volentarly leave?. Is it possible that they wanted to be allowed back in trf at first?

by Anonymousreply 240June 21, 2021 2:56 AM

The title of Prince Archie is good for merching.

by Anonymousreply 241June 21, 2021 3:01 AM

They knew the half-in, half-out approach wouldn't work. Not with them living so far away in California. I mean, if they went abroad to live in Marbella, for example, they could potentially fly back for short term stays and certain key events several times a year. That would have been doable. But the West Coast of the US? Completely impractical.

by Anonymousreply 242June 21, 2021 3:02 AM

We were fine in Paris. - Wallis, Duchess of Windsor

by Anonymousreply 243June 21, 2021 3:09 AM

[quote]Who cares if his honorary military titles get pulled away?

Harry loved being in the military and was angry when he was forced out, particularly because he knew he wouldn't be high in the line of succession for long once William and Kate had children. He really shouldn't have been forced out because the military was one of the things he was good at, but the family cares more about the monarchy than the family itself. William has shown that again with his insistence on leaking that he was "tired of the drama" one day and then leaking "William kicked Harry out of Kensington" the next. It's all to protect the monarchy.

by Anonymousreply 244June 21, 2021 3:15 AM

Harry wants the titles because they are part of the perks of Royal life, perks he no longer deserves. He wants to swan around in military uniform though he abandoned his role with those organizations long ago. Like everything else in his life, Harry wants what Harry wants, and when he doesn't get it, he throws a tantrum.

by Anonymousreply 245June 21, 2021 3:16 AM

Remember, too, that Harry and Meghan DID want to stay connected enough with the BRF that they could come back for events like Trooping the Color and stand on the balcony with the rest of the royals (with Harry in full military uniform, of course). They wanted to cherry-pick the 20% of Royal duties that are fun and glamorous (according to Diana), jettison the rest, and still keep all their titles, honors, patronages, and income.

The Queen has told them repeatedly it doesn't work that way, and every time they are told 'no,' Harry and Meghan attack the BRF in the press like the spoiled babies they are.

by Anonymousreply 246June 21, 2021 3:18 AM

Harry wasn't forced out the military at all r244, he retired at the pre-designated 10 year mark. He didn't want to take the military desk job which was on offer for him at that career point, so he opted out for full time working royal status: more travel, more money, more perks. It was totally voluntary on his end.

by Anonymousreply 247June 21, 2021 3:20 AM

R231, it seems whoever is running Datalounge has forgotten the trolls FF their own threads when things get embarrassing. There was quite a dust-up on that thread because of the lady who was insisting that there were super secret photos of William glaring at Meghan for daring to wear Dior, but those photos had been wiped from the internet, she implied it was because they were so scandalous. The photos never existed. It was embarrassing and they knew it, and they wanted the thread gone. This has happened 100 times before.

I wasn't on at the time so maybe they didn't FF it, maybe they pulled a Matt A. and started issuing death threats or making deeply racist comments. At any rate, it was in their best interest to get the thread deleted, so big surprise, it has been.

by Anonymousreply 248June 21, 2021 3:22 AM

Not only did the Sussexes want to only do the glamorous stuff, they wanted to use the fame from those glamorous activities to build their personal brand and make a lot of money.

by Anonymousreply 249June 21, 2021 3:23 AM

Exactly r247. Charles suggested Harry stay in the army. He believed it gave Harry the structure he needs.

by Anonymousreply 250June 21, 2021 3:23 AM

It was also rumored that Harry couldn't pass the major's exam. Then his grandmother made him an honorary major when he retired in recognition of FUTURE public service. When she stripped that honor after he went to California, he went on Oprah and raked the family over the coals.

He really is a piece of work.

by Anonymousreply 251June 21, 2021 3:25 AM

Harry wanted to continue military service by working with the Defence Recovery Capability and similar schemes and also was training up until the last minute, it was reported many times that he was attempting to stay in the military as an active member and not essentially management, but the Palace wouldn't agree to it. They would only let him have the desk job or to retire.

It's possible the Palace made the decision because he couldn't pass the exams to become Major, we never have learned whether that rumor was true or not.

The bottom line is that he remained heavily involved in the military even after retirement and it doesn't make sense to say "well why does he even care?" when we all know he cares deeply. He has said that he wanted to stay active in the military. I don't know why every little detail of their lives has to be re-litigated on every thread on here, I feel certain you guys know the truth but just want to argue with anyone you think is a "Meghan stan."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252June 21, 2021 3:30 AM

Harry couldn't pass the tests to advance any further. He only became a Major due to an honorary appointment by his grandmother. That's why he left. And they were pretty fed up with him anyway and were glad to see him gone. They were tired of babysitting and covering up, some of it serious stuff.

by Anonymousreply 253June 21, 2021 3:30 AM

[quote]And they were pretty fed up with him anyway and were glad to see him gone. They were tired of babysitting and covering up, some of it serious stuff.

Sorry, the babysitting and coverups are for Andrew, not Harry.

If they were covering up "serious stuff" then they would have also covered up the little things like Vegas and the punk Nazi armband.

by Anonymousreply 254June 21, 2021 3:31 AM

Living with Harry must be so tiresome. Even Meghan has to be sick of it by now. You really wonder how much longer she'll put up with his whining and tantrums.

by Anonymousreply 255June 21, 2021 3:31 AM

Beating your whores for fun until their bones are broken and they bleed is serious stuff.

by Anonymousreply 256June 21, 2021 3:35 AM

It doesn't matter if you're on asbestos eyeballs, this thread is grayed out and will probably be gone soon. If you idiot Meghan-hating trolls are FFing people you don't like left and right, you're getting your own threads deleted.

You're all hugely fucking lucky that last thread was deleted, it was super dang embarrassing for you guys. Started with ridiculous claims of William reaffirming his "alpha male status" and ended with widdle temper tantrums about photos that totally, like, proved you were all 100% right about Meghan being evil had been, like, wiped from the internet? And stuff? Pitiful.

by Anonymousreply 257June 21, 2021 3:37 AM

Oh, is that how you're getting threads deleted, by falsely claiming Prince Harry has murdered a series of prostitutes?

This is ridiculous. You've made up the story of Harry beating and/or murdering prostitutes only because you were tired of people rightly pointing out the Palace's hypocrisy by defending and protecting Prince Andrew.

by Anonymousreply 258June 21, 2021 3:40 AM

I think Harry would have been better off if Diana had been closer to him or if she'd died a little later. William seems to have realised that neither of his parents are saints and were deeply mismatched Harry has seemingly inherited the Saint Diana image from the press he hates so much. Therapy can deal with a lot but it can't handle the rest of your family being overly pragmatic realists

by Anonymousreply 259June 21, 2021 3:44 AM

Given Harry's deep-seated problems, Diana surviving longer might not have made much difference. All that would have happened as he grew older is he would have realized more and more how much his mother preferred William. Instead of simply hating his father, he'd have hated his mother, too.

It's entirely possible that if Diana were alive today, Harry would be just as messed up or even MORE messed up than he is right now.

by Anonymousreply 260June 21, 2021 3:48 AM

[quote]"I think you can find sweet little moments that we hid in there - of my favourite flower, even my husband's mom's favorite flower, forget-me-nots. We wanted to make sure those were included in there."

R204. But never any mention of the favorite flower of Meghan Markle's own mother.

by Anonymousreply 261June 21, 2021 3:54 AM

Harry will not back out of going to London for the revealing of the statue of Diana. Sunshine Sacks needs some photos of Harry "soldiering on" in memory of his mother without his wife at his side while the BRF ignores Harry. It has already been reported that Charles will be in Scotland during Harry's visit and no meetings between the two are scheduled.

by Anonymousreply 262June 21, 2021 3:57 AM

Nor will HM invite him to luncheon.

by Anonymousreply 263June 21, 2021 3:59 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264June 21, 2021 3:59 AM

Oh, Harry will go. I doubt there will be any photos like the ones at Philip's funeral, though. You know, the ones that showed Kate making an effort to include Harry, and then Harry talking with his brother William one-on-one? After his latest public tantrums, Harry will be treated with icy politeness during the ceremony and then ignored until he leaves.

by Anonymousreply 265June 21, 2021 4:00 AM

Watch for Markle to insert herself at the Diana statue reveal on the 1st of July. Just as things are getting underway in London, Markle will send some foolish wreath like she did for Philip's funeral...and just as the wreath is delivered the news release will hit the media noting that the wreath contains sprays of "forget-me-nots," Diana's favorite flower.

by Anonymousreply 266June 21, 2021 4:00 AM

We already know that the unveiling is "private", ie, the public won't be there. But i assume there will some press there, yes? Does anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 267June 21, 2021 4:03 AM

r250 no one is arguing that Harry didn't enjoy his military service or want to stay involved after retirement. Then why didn't he? He previously had a huge platform with the Invictus Games and other service-based charities.

He's been too busy the past couple of years engaging in mega-drama with his wife, that's why. Moving house several times, setting up shop in CA, litigating multiple lawsuits, raging against the media, fighting with his family, taping wokish podcasts and giving whining bombshell interviews. Doesn't leave much time for his beloved military work does it now.

by Anonymousreply 268June 21, 2021 4:22 AM

Had Diana lived, she would have been one of those super-possessive youngish mothers who hate any women her sons became involved with.

by Anonymousreply 269June 21, 2021 4:29 AM

^^Diana would have liked Kate. At her core, Diana was a monarchist, and Kate is the picture perfect wife to preserve the monarchy. Diana would not have appreciated Markle, who is a troublemaker and liar out to upend the monarchy. Diana was not a dishonest person; she served the monarchy and did her duty. Yes, Diana appreciated independence, but not people spewing lies.

by Anonymousreply 270June 21, 2021 4:45 AM

R252 If Harry cared so much, why did he blow off one of his military groups' events (can't remember which one, and it's possible it was Invictus) to attend the "Lion King" with his wife and pitch her talent to the Disney CEO??

by Anonymousreply 271June 21, 2021 5:14 AM

Harry's entire military "career" was a blatant PR exercise in keeping him occupied, making it seem that he's doing something useful and keeping him out of embarrassing for the Monarchy/Royal Family situations. Left to his own devices, he is incapable of anything that passes for adult behavior and circumspection. As has been amply evinced since he left his military child minders.

by Anonymousreply 272June 21, 2021 5:27 AM

R267, I have read that Harry is bringing his own photographer with him to the Diana statue unveiling. I have no idea if that’s true, but it makes perfect sense that he would.

I think Harry enjoys LARPing that he’s a badass soldier. It’s always funny to see the people here who think he was.

by Anonymousreply 273June 21, 2021 7:17 AM

He's bringing his own REPORTER to the unveiling since he doesn't trust the official Royal rota (press corp).

by Anonymousreply 274June 21, 2021 8:13 AM

I am seeing a screaming and crying scooby beating on the gates of kensington palace

by Anonymousreply 275June 21, 2021 12:02 PM

R274, thanks for the correction. Do we know who it is? I bet they draw a paycheck from a certain PR firm.

I don’t want to see them disappear completely. Their antics are entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 276June 21, 2021 2:26 PM

And he was almost kicked out of the Army due to drunkeness and public brawls before deployment. When in the Army he was babysat and at most co-piloted a helicopter, the math and skills to fly it were beyond him by his own admission. He should never have been admitted, even with the teacher helping him cheat for his art grade at Eton he did not even come CLOSE to the scores required. Now he has come out publicly and said his heaviest drinking and DRUG USE were during the time he was in the Army. This is obv quite problematic. He has so many covering for him and he seems to repeatedly try to bring them down with him.

by Anonymousreply 277June 21, 2021 2:40 PM

The Army probably wanted him at a desk job because he couldn't do much damage there. Give him some papers to shuffle and some events to attend since that's about all he's good for. Unlike Philip, he had no skills the military could put to use.

In an active war zone, babysitting Harry put good people's lives in danger, so they pulled him out. But Harry wanted to keep playing soldier and decided to leave.

by Anonymousreply 278June 21, 2021 4:45 PM

Since he was a baby, the waters have parted for Harry wherever he goes. Whatever he wanted, he got. Now, for the first time, his actions are having consequences. He's being told 'no' by his family and by others. Of course he feels cruelly treated: To him, any denial of his wishes is cruelty.

Responsibility for this does in part fall upon the BRF. They spoiled him into utter uselessness.

by Anonymousreply 279June 21, 2021 4:47 PM

R279 - An old and time-honoured tradition not only in this, but in other royal families across Europe. And, for that matter, in wealthy families like the Kennedys, DuPonts, etc. Some sprog spends years getting into scrapes and being gently reasoned with, kept comfortable, and appeased until the next time.

It's frankly amazing to me that King Juan Carlos of Spain finally got the boot after years of peccadilloes, and that his younger son-in-law and daughter, also after years of rumoured financial finagling, finally got punished. Then there's the "spare" in the Belgian royal family, around whom major scandal has swirled for years. Then there's Princess Tessy of Luxembourg . . . letting her in was clearly a mistake, but hey, he was the third son of the Grand Duke and Duchess so, well, why not. So far, the Danish royals seem to have escaped the curse. Sweden and Norway nearly but righted the ship.

Then there's Japan and the absolutely horrible way Naruhito's wife was treated by the courtiers and how his daughter was pushed aside as the heir to the Chrysanthemum Throne, whilst his younger brother's wife was "asked" to have a third baby, this time sex selected to be male, who is now the heir . . .

These palaces are sinks of intrigue and bad decisions. Always were, still are - it's just that nowadays they dispense with the rack, the boot, the Iron Maiden, and the hot pokers up the bum.

Game of Thrones was based on the Wars of the Roses. That should tell you something.

by Anonymousreply 280June 21, 2021 5:20 PM

From Murky Meg: MM & Doria got into a psychical, screaming fight at Montecito.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281June 21, 2021 10:58 PM

He is not right in the head, R279, since he was a very young child he has been unstable like his mother and prone to fits of anger/rage as runs in the Spencer family. Add in the self pitying Charles is prone to and you have spath Harry.

by Anonymousreply 282June 21, 2021 11:16 PM

R281, wow. If true, the Narkles will sue the staff for breaking NDAs.

by Anonymousreply 283June 21, 2021 11:22 PM

R283, maybe. If there was a physical fight and objects flying in a newborn’s nursery, all bets are off. They’d probably have a good defense, saying they feared the baby. You can’t blab gossip about your employers, but if they’re putting a newborn at risk of injury, I can’t imagine you’re not allowed to tell law enforcement or child welfare officials about it.

And refusing to answer police questions because you signed an NDA? I don’t know how that works.

by Anonymousreply 284June 22, 2021 1:33 AM

Being born in the USA, is Archie even allowed to have a title? I thought titles were off the table for American citizens?

by Anonymousreply 285June 22, 2021 4:31 AM

Loose lips...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286June 22, 2021 5:31 AM

R285 Archie was born in London...England

by Anonymousreply 287June 22, 2021 7:25 AM

Meghan can do whatever she wants. What are they going to do, have Interpol arrest her for calling her daughter “Princess Lilibet”? Sue in an international court?

They’ll just have to roll their eyes and snicker behind her gauche back the way the rest of us do.

by Anonymousreply 288June 22, 2021 7:43 AM

Didn't she travel to America late in her first pregnancy for a baby shower? I think if she did show up in the UK, the Queen, Charles, William and Kate would make an effort to be nice to her in front of the press so her story of being this victim falls apart and she can't continue that narrative. She's not scared of them being horrible to her, she's terrified they'll destroy her narrative by being nice.

by Anonymousreply 289June 22, 2021 8:22 AM

R289 - Yes. The now legendary OTT Conspicuous Consumption Baby Shower took place in February 2019. Archie was born in early May 2019. The Sussexes were also sent for a brief visit to Morocco in February 2019 (rumour had it, to put paid to Meghan getting herself on the red carpet for the Oscars that same weekend). The brief trip to Morocco whilst she was 7 months' along was always something of a mystery. No one could figure out a rationale for it, it lasted all of 3 days. Hence, the rumours about the Oscars, which took place that weekend. It was also on that three-day trip that Meghan wore a $90,000 gown.

She also tried to ignore protocol on that trip (by then, I think the Sussexes knew they were leaving as soon as it could be managed, and the Palace was certainly suspicious of it - the Sussexes said they had decided to leave the time Archie was born). She kept trying to get back onto the red carpet reserved for Harry to review troops upon arriving, insisting on her usual extravagant PDAs even though this is considered rude in formal Islamic culture, pushed ahead of Harry when being introduced to officials . . .

If you look at the video of Kate and William in Pakistan in October 2019, the same week the Sussexes dropped their Woe Is Us Our Terrible Lives documentary from Botswana), you can see Kate keeping carefully just behind her husband in official footage, the couple standing close together in photos but not touching each other, respectful of their host's customs.

Meghan is a sociopathic narcissistic piece of trash.

by Anonymousreply 290June 22, 2021 1:09 PM

R289 - She isn't going to show up, but on the off chance that she does, you can bet your arse there will be no photo ops of her with any member of the BRF except her husband. In addition, she would have to quarantine for five days before the event, with or without baby. Harry is likely to fly in and fly out if he shows up. Hhy would she make a 6,000 mile 24/hour trip knowing full well that at this point, no one in the family will meet with her, let alone giver her a photo op with them?

After that mention of the racist "future Head of State" in their latest attempt to play their dog-eared race card again to head off all the shit now coming out about them, don't expect to see either of those future Heads of State or either of their missuses smiling politely at that sociopathic liar.

Meghan is still burning bridges - what's left of them. The Palace is slowly leaking damaging shit, Lacey is shifting position in his book, the staff she tried to brand as "incompetent" is waiting in the wings to tell their side of the story, with receipts, the Queen is clearly furious with her and Harry.

I wouldn't hold my breath about attendance, but even if she does come with him, at best she'll pay a flying visit to Mayhew or the Hubb Kitchen or some other personal patronage. And even then, they'll post the photos post-event so the public don't know where she is and can't gather to boo her.

For those who keep wondering why they keep getting talked about here: it's because the Sussexes themselves have created an atmosphere suggesting that there's yet another shoe ready to drop.

And, drop it does.

by Anonymousreply 291June 22, 2021 1:21 PM

R283 - Depends. NDAs are held to be inapplicable in legal actions where signers are called to give evidence. And, the Harkles would have to know which staff blew the whistle, and the media outlet will, of course, not give them that information.

That is, if the story is true. I'm not sure I buy it. This reeks of bottom-feeding stuff that makes the DM look like The ECONOMIST.

by Anonymousreply 292June 22, 2021 1:27 PM

R285 - Archie was born in London, and, his entitlement to his father's subsidiary title has nothing to do with where he resides. Unless and until the Queen revokes the Sussex ducal title from Harry, his eldest son is entitled to call himself Earl Dumbarton wherever on the planet he lives, and the little girl is entitled to call herself Lady Lilibet Mountbatten Windsor. The Harkles have declined to use these subsidiary titles (if they can't be HRHs, Meghan clearly feels, then they're going to turn their noses up at mere aristocratic titles).

Given that Archie will be going to school in California, the decision not to have him going around as Earl DUMBarton is probably a wise one. And they probably knew that when they made the announcement when he was born - i.e., that he'd be going to school in America.

Of course, Prince Archie has an altogether different ring to it, n'est-ce pas?

by Anonymousreply 293June 22, 2021 1:33 PM

Will they send the kids to actual schools with other children? They seem to feel that they need to be isolated due to how special they are. Home schooling would seem more the sussex style to me.

by Anonymousreply 294June 22, 2021 1:49 PM

If they are home-schooled, Harry can attend!

I just get amused at the thought of (personality issues aside) Meghan being saddled with such a dim bulb of a husband. How boring it must be to constantly have to explain everything to him. Eventually he’s going to miss the carefree boisterous, deferential friendships of his old pals and army buddies.

by Anonymousreply 295June 22, 2021 3:02 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296June 22, 2021 3:06 PM

When I was a kid we had a black cleaning lady named Princess Marie so Princess Lilibet won't be a problem here in the good old USA.

by Anonymousreply 297June 22, 2021 4:12 PM

I for one am willing to bet that YouTube’s Princess Tiffany is a completely trustworthy source for breaking news.

by Anonymousreply 298June 22, 2021 4:20 PM

Sure r297, and we had Uncle Tom Cobley et al.

by Anonymousreply 299June 22, 2021 4:43 PM

The best scenario now is to keep both H and M from attending the ceremony. Let the future King, William, attend with Kate and their children. They are the future. They look bright and promising whereas the other two bring discord and mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 300June 22, 2021 4:51 PM

"Princess" IS a name that is sometimes given to African American babies. I went to school with a very nice African American girl named Princess. Prince for boys is not unheard of either, hence the musician Prince AND Michael Jackson's two sons.

by Anonymousreply 301June 22, 2021 4:55 PM

That’s fine. My point is, who the hell IS she?

by Anonymousreply 302June 22, 2021 5:29 PM

Growing up, we had a dog named Princess.

by Anonymousreply 303June 22, 2021 6:49 PM

I had a gerbil named Prince. He was a bastard. He bit me.

by Anonymousreply 304June 22, 2021 8:22 PM

R2 44 '"Harry loved the military and was good at it".

Nope. He was good at partying and boozing with his mates. One of the reason he was pulled from active duty was he failed all the promotional tests for advancement. He's a dolt.

by Anonymousreply 305June 23, 2021 12:31 AM

The entire thing was a PR exercise, many who served with him hated him, more hate him now with what he has done to their commander in chief.

by Anonymousreply 306June 23, 2021 12:33 AM

[quote] Does genetic pain increase the chances of Covid?

No, only idiocy.

by Anonymousreply 307June 23, 2021 12:54 AM

And then they won’t be there for him, R295.

by Anonymousreply 308June 23, 2021 2:07 PM

Legal developments today

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309June 23, 2021 2:13 PM

I think the fact that Meghan has forcibly separated Harry from his mates in the UK will eventually be the straw that broke the camel's back. The novelty of Hollywood will wear off and Harry'll just want to go down to the pub with the guys.

by Anonymousreply 310June 23, 2021 2:30 PM

They won’t be there for him to go with down to the pubs, R310. He ditched the, and they’ve moved on (rightfully) with backs turned.

by Anonymousreply 311June 24, 2021 8:48 AM

[quote]I think the fact that Meghan has forcibly separated Harry from his mates in the UK will eventually be the straw that broke the camel's back. The novelty of Hollywood will wear off and Harry will just want to go down to the pub with the guys.

R310. Maybe so, but Harry is making it very difficult for himself to move back home if that were to ever be an option. Friends often times move on without you. They get married and have kids. Some actually move away themselves to different parts of the UK or to other parts of Europe. Some get jobs and their interests change and may be unavailable to Harry. And some might actually be pissed at what Harry's done to their friendship and what he's done to his family and the UK in general all for a grifting social-climbing lying wife. Harry would be lucky to go home and have any friends left. It's not easy starting over.

Take it from me...been there, done that.

by Anonymousreply 312June 24, 2021 9:15 AM

Pity Evelyn Waugh is dead. The Harry melodrama would have made a brilliant satire. Harry reminds me of the lovelorn Brit aristo who winds up running the Happier Hunting Ground pet cemetery in Los Angeles.

by Anonymousreply 313June 24, 2021 2:18 PM

Rumors that Archie will go with Harry

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314June 24, 2021 9:44 PM

They can't boo a baby!

by Anonymousreply 315June 24, 2021 9:46 PM

[quote]Rumors that Archie will go with Harry

Sunshine Sacks floating a headline.

by Anonymousreply 316June 24, 2021 10:33 PM

SS gotta keep the narrative flowing! Good or bad, it’s all attention.

by Anonymousreply 317June 24, 2021 10:49 PM

Could be a clever tactic, but I still think it is MeGAIN that will do something disruptive day of. Narc see their kids as extensions but that won't be enough for her. I think she will post a pic of the baby or have Dim throw a tantrum and insist a screen be erected for her to speak remotely, or something.

by Anonymousreply 318June 24, 2021 10:58 PM

Agree R310. Harry is stupid, cruel and self-important but I give it ~2 years in LA before the novelty begins to wear off and homesickness starts to settle in. Doubt he'll ever be truly welcome back in the UK but sooner or later even Haz will start to question what he gained by giving his entire old life up.

I see a lot of Meghan's weird, heavy-handed narrative spinning about princesses losing their voices and being rescued etc. as management of her husband more than anything else. She knows she has to keep his dumb ass all whipped up in his past traumas so he never has time to get to ponderin'.

by Anonymousreply 319June 25, 2021 6:25 AM

R319 they'll be divorced within a year. Harry's a spoiled brat and won't allow his dominatrix to order him around for much longer.

by Anonymousreply 320June 25, 2021 2:20 PM

All of the rumors are just rumors - Harry has arrived ALONE in England. No Meghan, no Archie.

From the announcement, the Diana statue unveiling will just have the two brothers, members of the Spencer family and people who associated with the statue.

by Anonymousreply 321June 25, 2021 2:31 PM

She is going to pull something that day, I think it will involve the baby.

by Anonymousreply 322June 25, 2021 2:32 PM

Interesting post, R272. I am listening to her book on Audible and the parallels re: Diana, who she wrote several books on, and Harry are so striking. Who knows what ideas she put in his head and she was clearly very unwell, despite psychiatric care from the honeymoon on. She was also super into psychics and other whackos, not dissimilar to the Agape cult that Oprah, Doria and Meghan have been involved with.

by Anonymousreply 323June 25, 2021 2:39 PM

You would think Harry would have brought Archie with him at least to meet his Spencer relations who I am sure have never laid eyes on him. The Royal family may keep their distance from Harry, but I bet Diana's sisters are going to chew him to bits.

by Anonymousreply 324June 25, 2021 3:00 PM

Told ya. Archie and Lilibet will never set foot in England before they are 18 if their mother can help it. She's terrified they'll want to stay or the BRF will want to keep them.

by Anonymousreply 325June 25, 2021 3:29 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326June 25, 2021 3:41 PM

Yep. What should have been a touching family event has turned into an ordeal which must be endured. Once it's over, you won't see Harry back in the UK for a long time if his family has anything to say about it.

by Anonymousreply 327June 25, 2021 3:49 PM

Meghan's aversion to the UK is going to make the inevitable custody battle especially nasty. If Harry reconciles with his family and wants to take Archie and Lilibet to, say, Balmoral in August, their mother is going to pitch a fit.

by Anonymousreply 328June 25, 2021 3:57 PM

R327, there is another Diana event in the fall, the one July 1 is very limited due to cv. So, could be back quite soon. And then they may turn up in the UK for the Queen's Jubilee.

by Anonymousreply 329June 25, 2021 4:04 PM

Meghan's only interested in money and fame. She'll milk the Royal family for a fortune to allow the kids to visit the UK.

by Anonymousreply 330June 25, 2021 7:58 PM

R330 with the exception of Charles, who would care to see them that badly?

by Anonymousreply 331June 25, 2021 8:00 PM

Harry, R331.

by Anonymousreply 332June 25, 2021 8:09 PM

R332 he can visit them at Mommy's new compound.

by Anonymousreply 333June 25, 2021 8:16 PM

Meghan has Harry by the balls for the next 18 years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334June 25, 2021 8:23 PM

Is it obvious now that neither Meghan nor Archie will be attending?

Thank God for the pandemic, and the slimmed down private family nature of the thing.

For once, I agree with Harry: the less press the better, let's have a nice, discreet, set of photos, brief speeches, and an end of the "reconciliation" bullshit - deprive the media of as much material as possible.

Absent more negative leaks about the Sussexes (they seem to be on a daily drip at this point), after the statue shit, which has already become tiresome and oversaturated in the press, we can hope for some respite as TQ heads up to Balmoral, the rest of the royals disappear in August, and no events till the end of the hols. in late September when the Platinum Jubilee heats up.

I keep saying this and I keep hoping for an actual respite, but honestly I'm not holding my breath.

by Anonymousreply 335June 26, 2021 1:19 PM

There is another Diana statue event R335, in September.

by Anonymousreply 336June 26, 2021 2:41 PM

R336 - That's new to me. Info?

R335

by Anonymousreply 337June 26, 2021 2:52 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338June 26, 2021 3:08 PM

R337 it was already announced there will be a large celebration with all Diana's friends, her charities, etc. attending in September because due to the pandemic, only close family will attend the event on July 1st.

by Anonymousreply 339June 26, 2021 4:53 PM

I doubt Harry & Meghan will return for the September Diana-palooza. That's for the plebs and the great unwashed; Meghan wouldn't be caught dead in that sort of environment.

by Anonymousreply 340June 26, 2021 5:04 PM

September will be the anniversary of her death though so I think a celebration then will need to be fairly restrained.

by Anonymousreply 341June 26, 2021 5:14 PM

It will be for WIlliam, Harry, Diana's former staff, etc. The people who were invited to the July event but who cannot attend due to covid. I am fairly certain Harry WILL attend, likely with his own journos in tow again. They are working on that doc and likely want footage.

by Anonymousreply 342June 26, 2021 5:22 PM

They are right to keep it small. Factoring in the pandemic and the war between the brothers, a big event is neither expected nor wanted.

by Anonymousreply 343June 26, 2021 5:22 PM

God, followed by journos and camera men to a Diana celebration, could he be more tasteless.

by Anonymousreply 344June 26, 2021 5:26 PM

He wants to capture footage for the upcoming reality show. That's probably the only reason he's going.

by Anonymousreply 345June 26, 2021 5:27 PM

I love the statue!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346June 30, 2021 7:07 PM

Who days she won’t fly to London and quarantine in a hotel, anyway?

That woman does whatever she wants, and somehow people comply with her demands for privacy — and publicity. Leave it to her to “surprise” everyone.

by Anonymousreply 347June 30, 2021 7:23 PM

Nah, she won't show her face until she has lost all the pregnancy weight and had the entire mommy makeover: tummy tuck, boob lift, etc.

by Anonymousreply 348June 30, 2021 11:01 PM

Let's face it, she didn't lose the weight for a pretty long time upon giving birth to Archie. It's her second full term pregnancy within a rather short time - she must look like a beached whale.

by Anonymousreply 349June 30, 2021 11:09 PM

R349 or her surrogate does

by Anonymousreply 350June 30, 2021 11:19 PM

Meghan is obsessed with titles and precedence. If it were proven that Archie and Lili were born by surrogate, they would only be entitled to be styled as the younger children of a Duke. Archie could never be Prince Archie or even Earl of Sussex. Lili could never be a princess. Whatever it did to her body, Meghan carried those kids herself.

by Anonymousreply 351June 30, 2021 11:24 PM

R351 you can't tell anything to these people. They insist every wild conspiracy theory is true, without a shred of evidence

by Anonymousreply 352June 30, 2021 11:28 PM

She may have given birth to Archie - but no way she gave birth to the last one. In Hollywood, nobody in the BRF would find out.

by Anonymousreply 353June 30, 2021 11:28 PM

*Sorry, meant to say Archie couldn't be styled Duke of Sussex or Earl Dumbarton.

by Anonymousreply 354June 30, 2021 11:41 PM

'The entire thing was a PR exercise, many who served with him hated him, more hate him now with what he has done to their commander in chief.'

Even William is on record as saying when they shared a tent Harry did nothing to keep it orderly and clean. Harry always expects concierge service no matter what the situation.

by Anonymousreply 355July 1, 2021 3:48 AM

I say Harry drops a bomb shell speech and Meghan releases a Lilibet photo timed precisely.

by Anonymousreply 356July 1, 2021 5:18 AM

General speculation based on the photo of the covered statue, is that it's Diana seated on a bench.

Meghan merches again.

by Anonymousreply 357July 1, 2021 6:00 AM

I do think she gave birth to these kids. She would never have let herself get porky for nothing. Don't forget some of the conditions she had in her prenup in her first (?) marriage - hubby had to agree to pay for nip/tucks etc in case of pregnancy so she could've got rid of the baby weight pronto. With Harry, getting fat due to being pregnant is at least useful to her since the kids emerging from these pregnancies are of royal blood and Saint Diana's grandchildren which will enable her to cash in on these poor kids by merching and/or the upcoming divorce settlement.

by Anonymousreply 358July 1, 2021 7:38 AM

R357 - And when that becomes clear, it will generate another set of headlines crucifying Meghan for merchandising Diana's memorial because she got the scoop from Harry, and absolutely finish off any rapprochement with William.

Because, as the Harkles keep trying to forget and to get the public to forget, Diana was not only also William's mother . . . but William was her golden boy.

If it's Diana on a bench, small wonder Harry looks so tense arriving. He will know bloody well what sort of cries will be directed at his wife, and that NO ONE in the known galaxy will beileve that she didn't do it on purpose to connect the book with Diana, or believe she meant it as a "sweet gesture" toward Diana.

by Anonymousreply 359July 1, 2021 1:02 PM

Which is why Meghan stayed a million miles away from this ceremony. She lobs the bombs and lets Harry take the hits. I wonder how much longer he'll put up with that?

by Anonymousreply 360July 1, 2021 1:14 PM

R360 As long as he lives. Harry doesn't have the kind of mental problems that ever get better. She may leave him, but he'll never leave her.

by Anonymousreply 361July 1, 2021 1:53 PM

Shit statue, but no bench to be seen.

by Anonymousreply 362July 1, 2021 2:31 PM

I'm surprised Meghan didn't arrange to have a bench delivered to the garden today.

by Anonymousreply 363July 1, 2021 3:30 PM

R363 - day's not over yet! And why did Meghan write about a bench? downright weird - benches are places old men sit in parks and she's ghosted every old man in her life

by Anonymousreply 364July 1, 2021 5:59 PM

Are the two children meant to represent Archie and Lili?

Oh no no no no monsieur! They are merely representative of all the children of the world!

by Anonymousreply 365July 2, 2021 12:48 AM

There are actually 3 children, 1 is behind the group.

by Anonymousreply 366July 2, 2021 12:58 AM

Smegs before having work done

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367July 5, 2021 4:42 AM

Looks like Lilbet-Diana's chances of escaping the ugly genes are pretty minimal. I guess she'll be hidden from view until she's old enough for surgery.

No wonder we never get a glimpse of Archie.

by Anonymousreply 368July 5, 2021 4:47 AM

I'm going to call her "big nose" too!

by Anonymousreply 369July 5, 2021 4:50 AM

Woof!

by Anonymousreply 370July 6, 2021 3:09 AM

If Meghan had let her hair take its natural texture, the volume would have balanced out the larger nose. She'd have also looked like a real person instead of a Hollywood mannequin.

by Anonymousreply 371July 6, 2021 3:13 AM

She looked sort of cute back then, now she looks like any other Hollywodd bimbo.

by Anonymousreply 372July 6, 2021 5:16 PM

*Hollywood

by Anonymousreply 373July 6, 2021 5:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!