Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sam Heughan gets major film role

Alongside Ewan McGregor for director Doug Liman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55June 27, 2021 6:02 PM

Sam couldn't top a sundae.

by Anonymousreply 1June 16, 2021 4:03 PM

[Quote] the eccentric Aussie George Finch (Heughan)

Travis Fimmel turned it down?

by Anonymousreply 2June 16, 2021 4:04 PM

Rhinoplasty?

by Anonymousreply 3June 16, 2021 4:05 PM

Haven’t I seen Sam on xvideos. If it was him he sure knows how to take a thick cock up his ass

by Anonymousreply 4June 16, 2021 4:28 PM

LOL his frau-cult followers posted comments on Deadline

by Anonymousreply 5June 17, 2021 12:43 AM

A movie about climbing Mt Everest starring Sam Heughan....did a Datalounger greenlight this?

Will there be a scene where he eats Kwanzaa cak?

by Anonymousreply 6June 17, 2021 12:48 AM

Your costume is ready, Mr. Heughan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 17, 2021 1:24 AM

Yes! I’d kill for that man.

by Anonymousreply 8June 17, 2021 1:26 AM

Isn't Ewan box office poison?

by Anonymousreply 9June 17, 2021 1:28 AM

r9 He certainly seems to have a mixed reputation. Birds of Prey didn't seem to do much good.

by Anonymousreply 10June 17, 2021 3:16 AM

Yes, Ewan is in the twilight of his career.

by Anonymousreply 11June 17, 2021 4:43 AM

This can only end in career takedowns.

by Anonymousreply 12June 17, 2021 5:42 AM

Looks like Heughan, who famously sucks at accents, will have to learn 'Strine.

[quote]...but for Mallory and his rival, the eccentric Aussie George Finch (Heughan)...

by Anonymousreply 13June 17, 2021 6:04 AM

I don't know why anyone would think this is some kind of career stepdown for anyone, Doug Liman is a major film director.

by Anonymousreply 14June 17, 2021 11:45 AM

R14, agreed. This is a coup for him

by Anonymousreply 15June 17, 2021 3:11 PM

Why call it 'Everest' when there is already a (pretty good) film called that? I hate when filmmakers do that, be fucking original ffs. It's like all the fucking sequels with 'Rises/Rise of' or similar, gag.

by Anonymousreply 16June 17, 2021 3:14 PM

FFS it’s just a working title.

by Anonymousreply 17June 17, 2021 3:14 PM

And THIS is why actors like Sam stay in the closet. They know that coming out would damage their chances and so they avoiding coming out as gay at all costs.

by Anonymousreply 18June 17, 2021 3:15 PM

I think the movie actually sounds good

by Anonymousreply 19June 19, 2021 1:14 AM

Heughan has done more than stay in the closet... We remember his little typed diatribe...

by Anonymousreply 20June 19, 2021 6:21 AM

r20 Oh, yeh. Poor little 'normal guy'. Very clever bringing up mental health issues (boo hoo) to deflect from his appalling Covidiocy and lying. You wonder if he was given general guidance by JA but then he put the rant into his own idiotic words. Liar liar pants on fire.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 19, 2021 9:18 AM

No publicist would recommend using the word "homosexual" in a piece like that.

by Anonymousreply 22June 19, 2021 10:30 AM

Sam Heughan is basically nuts. And I say that as someone who likes him. If he were not famous he would be a running a cult-like CrossFit box in Ibiza or South Beach.

by Anonymousreply 23June 19, 2021 10:39 AM

That Sam, he'd skull fuck his own grandmother for a movie role, or to disguise his homosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 24June 19, 2021 10:43 AM

So I guess staying in the closet paid off then? Just sad.

by Anonymousreply 25June 19, 2021 11:01 AM

R25, yeah, that's what I was saying above. The reason so many of the actors we talk about stay in the closet for years is because they are told by their agents that revealing they are gay will affect their prospects for roles.

by Anonymousreply 26June 19, 2021 11:06 AM

Related: It's Pride Month and we should be speaking out against Hollywood homophobia. Hollywood continues to shun gay actors for gay roles. Let's face it, Tom Hanks was never believable as a gay man in award-winning Philadelphia.

[quote]Also, far from being surprised they have dared to take the role on lest they queer the pitch of their apparently straight persona, actors now find themselves challenged in the media for taking work away from actual gay performers.

[quote]Although key names such as Derek Jacobi have rejected Russell T Davies’s comparison of playing another sexuality as “blacking up”, all four stars of Ammonite and Supernova have been careful to criticise an industry in which, as Winslet put it, LGBTQ+ actors are still fearful of coming out lest they no longer be put up for straight roles.

[quote]Firth has gone further, while also deflecting blame to the system. “Taking on a role feels like an insufferable presumption,” he said. “You know nothing about this person’s lived experience and yet you are presuming to take a step into it and convince everybody that this is a deeply felt experience. “That always feels outrageous to me, but it’s also the job. You just hope it resonates in a way that is somewhat truthful.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 19, 2021 1:03 PM

Hello! Did you miss the news that Mark Strong is in this as well?

Sadly all three will be bundled up in layers of bulky clothes and have ice-rimmed beards. Not hot.

by Anonymousreply 28June 19, 2021 1:29 PM

I'm predicting a weak attempt at an Aussie accent will painfully distract. The saving grace may be unintended chemistry with the other male actors, if Heughan's past performances are any indication.

by Anonymousreply 29June 19, 2021 1:38 PM

This has flop written all of it. Wasn't there something with the same title made a few years ago?

by Anonymousreply 30June 19, 2021 1:56 PM

r30 Yep - 2015. Different story - the real-life climbing attempts by two groups in 1996. Some well-known names in the ensemble cast. Commercial success, positive reviews, although a journalist who was on the climb called the script 'total bull', and didn't like the way he was portrayed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 19, 2021 11:01 PM

I dunno Ewan may become quite big again with his show on Disney plus. Everything Disney plus has pumped out so far has been gold so a dwindling career may be quickly reversed. This in tern could help Sam for the movie.

by Anonymousreply 32June 20, 2021 11:56 AM

True r18 and r26 but Heughan went further in his pathetic attempts to hide any hint of homosexuality when he posted his grotesque comment about just being a “normal guy”. Stay in the closet if you wish but please stay silent.

by Anonymousreply 33June 20, 2021 12:55 PM

I'm surprised his self-loathing hasn't turned him into an alcoholic.

by Anonymousreply 34June 20, 2021 2:14 PM

Every few weeks there's a Blind Item about Sam and beard.

by Anonymousreply 35June 20, 2021 3:01 PM

R34 What a great cover to have your own whisky brand when you always have a drink in your hand, and it makes no sense to push both whisky and fitness, another tell. Judging by how clumsy and inarticulate he's been, I'm guessing he hits the sauce pretty hard.

by Anonymousreply 36June 21, 2021 1:28 AM

r36 Well, if he's not, he's given that impression, including in some media. But then closeting must be tough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 26, 2021 8:12 AM

He must take a note from Ewan's career and remove his undies, show his lovely big Scottish cock and pert young arse.

by Anonymousreply 38June 26, 2021 8:50 AM

If anyone deserves success, it's not him.

by Anonymousreply 39June 26, 2021 8:57 AM

What happened to his bf whom he was dating free years ago( the who use to go trekking with him)?

Who he a currently dating

by Anonymousreply 40June 26, 2021 10:04 AM

[quote] What happened to his bf whom he was dating free years ago( the who use to go trekking with him)

Sam is straight. The guy you're thinking about was his "personal trainer".

by Anonymousreply 41June 26, 2021 10:45 AM

Product placement! Shill, shill shill! This is my 'drunken deer-in-the-headlights' look. Now, run out and buy my hootch, granny cultists.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 26, 2021 12:54 PM

At the Bloodshot premiere, I was on the red carpet shilling whisky instead of the fucking movie I was supposed to be promoting.

by Anonymousreply 43June 26, 2021 1:13 PM

Priorities!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44June 26, 2021 1:14 PM

[quote]What a great cover to have your own whisky brand when you always have a drink in your hand, and it makes no sense to push both whisky and fitness, another tell. Judging by how clumsy and inarticulate he's been, I'm guessing he hits the sauce pretty hard.

That's what the closet has done to him.

Sam Heughan, 2015.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 26, 2021 1:51 PM

I have some news for you fraus

Sam would be fucked up even if he was out of the closet. Growing up homosexual in a heterosexual world fucks you up. Look at all the out people who are crazy, like Luke Evans.

by Anonymousreply 46June 26, 2021 3:08 PM

How in the name of God do you pronounce his last name? Hoo-ann?

by Anonymousreply 47June 26, 2021 3:17 PM

And now....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48June 26, 2021 5:13 PM

Any recent naked skinny dipping pics?

by Anonymousreply 49June 27, 2021 6:26 AM

[quote] How in the name of God do you pronounce his last name? Hoo-ann?

Hew-ann. Coincidentally, rhyming with "Ewan".

by Anonymousreply 50June 27, 2021 7:08 AM

r49 Nah, only the MIK one with a side shot of the Great One's uncut sausage bouncing around in the surf. Guess he's only got full frontal left now.

by Anonymousreply 51June 27, 2021 8:19 AM

He is dreamy.

by Anonymousreply 52June 27, 2021 8:27 AM

During lockdown, STARZ had some travel show/Outlander promotion called "Men In Kilts" with Sam & Graham McTavish; I'd never heard of Graham, but by the end of the brief series, Graham seemed like a great guy while Sam came across as a whiney, petulant cunt.

by Anonymousreply 53June 27, 2021 9:57 AM

R53 Thought they came across as lovers, actually.

by Anonymousreply 54June 27, 2021 10:16 AM

McTavish is a hot daddy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55June 27, 2021 6:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!