Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Earl Holliman - 1950s Hollywood

He was a familiar face and wanted to come out but (according to a Reader's Blind from Enty) he was taken down by the Velvet Mafia:

A while back, this very old retired actor (Earl Holliman) finished an autobiography with the help of a co-write. This actor was never A list but was in many big films with A+ list stars (filmography) of the days. His most famous role was a supporting one on a TV show ("Police Woman") with a female headliner (Angie Dickinson) who has since repudiated the show. In the book are details that are not surprising - The actor who never married and had no children comes out but it's always been well known that he was gay. He confirms a sexual relationship with an iconic short-lived actor (James Dean). They were in a film together ("Giant"). But in the book are also observations of a body the actor refers to as the organization. This group ("Velvet Mafia") which was made up of studio bigwigs, organized crime and various shadowy types would provide children for sex for top level stars. Once the rough draft of the autobio reached a publisher, word spread quickly. The organization still exists albeit in slightly different form and they were quick to pounce. They paid off the co-writer to disappear. The actor is infirm and does require daily assistance. They replaced all his caregivers and denied any access to him making him basically a prisoner. The actor tried several times to make contact with the outside world. The response? A press release was put out saying he will no longer sign autographs due to his advancing age. Earl Holliman/"Police Woman"/Angie Dickinson/James Dean/"Giant"/"Velvet Mafia" (Why Angie Dickinson regrets doing "Police Woman")

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35June 20, 2021 4:13 PM

Looks like JFL’s dad.

by Anonymousreply 1June 11, 2021 11:55 PM

JGL

by Anonymousreply 2June 11, 2021 11:56 PM

He was the star of the first episode of Twilight Zone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 11, 2021 11:57 PM

Earl was dreamy.

by Anonymousreply 4June 12, 2021 12:00 AM

Woof.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 12, 2021 12:01 AM

I want to rub my cock on that cleft chin

by Anonymousreply 6June 12, 2021 12:13 AM

Were John Wayne and Dean Martin in the 50s Velvet Mafia?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 12, 2021 12:22 AM

[quote]He confirms a sexual relationship with an iconic short-lived actor (James Dean).

Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 8June 12, 2021 12:36 AM

Can totally see him with Dean. And Rock.

by Anonymousreply 9June 12, 2021 12:39 AM

I don't know if I buy the "Velvet Mafia" stopping the book and replacing his home aides. They could have edited the sex ring part out and it still would have sold.

by Anonymousreply 10June 12, 2021 12:41 AM

[quote] He confirms a sexual relationship with an iconic short-lived actor (James Dean).

James Dean managed to fuck almost every gay guy in Hollywood during short career.

by Anonymousreply 11June 15, 2021 9:52 PM

[quote]James Dean managed to fuck almost every gay guy in Hollywood during short career.

What a slut.

by Anonymousreply 12June 15, 2021 9:55 PM

I don't doubt that Earl is family but the Entertainment Lawyer makes shit up. Anything about super secret pedophile cabals is probably made up

by Anonymousreply 13June 15, 2021 10:06 PM

Holliman's Wiki page:

"Holliman has been a longtime resident of Studio City, California. In February 2021, it was announced via Holliman's profile on the website StarTiger that, due in part to his advanced age, he would no longer be honoring requests for autographs."

I hope he's okay.

by Anonymousreply 14June 16, 2021 12:13 AM

Any of the people EH dealt with are long dead or soon to be, so why would current studio people give two shits if he names names from 60 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 15June 16, 2021 12:17 AM

Yes, he was my....boyfriend!

by Anonymousreply 16June 16, 2021 12:28 AM

Anthony George was hot

by Anonymousreply 17June 16, 2021 12:45 AM

Did Anthony George do anything other than 30 seconds of Dark Shadows?

by Anonymousreply 18June 16, 2021 1:03 AM

Fake news!

by Anonymousreply 19June 16, 2021 1:17 AM

Anthony George was a constant guest star on 60s and 70s shows (including Police Woman!)

by Anonymousreply 20June 16, 2021 1:27 AM

Mitch Ryan from Dark Shadows was gorgeous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 16, 2021 2:07 AM

How very Clutch Cargo, r21!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 16, 2021 2:13 AM

Mitch Ryan still looks good at 87.

by Anonymousreply 23June 16, 2021 2:22 AM

If James Dean had had sex with everyone who claims to have shagged him, he'd have to have lived to be 85.

by Anonymousreply 24June 20, 2021 2:40 AM

R24, there aren't that many people and there's no reason to think that Holliman and Dean never hooked up.

by Anonymousreply 25June 20, 2021 2:47 AM

R25, you're wrong. Everyone who was around in the early '50s claims to have hooked up with Dean.

by Anonymousreply 26June 20, 2021 2:48 AM

I still don't get how people can deny Dean was bi or gay when pretty much every gay actor claimed to have fucked him, Nicholas Ray claimed Dean was bi, Liz Taylor claimed him gay, Montgomery Clift and Marlon Brando said Dean stalked them and left a million letters and phone messages for them, etc.

by Anonymousreply 27June 20, 2021 2:59 AM

Who's denying Dean was at least bisexual? His affairs with men who could help him get cast are well-known.

by Anonymousreply 28June 20, 2021 3:05 AM

His hometown and certain fans who like to say Pier Angeli was the love of his life deny he enjoyed sucking and riding dick.

by Anonymousreply 29June 20, 2021 3:11 AM

Mitch Ryan had Dick Tracy face.

Anthony George was on many soaps. Search for Tomorrow the longest, where he detested leading lady Mary Stuart and BEGGED to be killed off.

by Anonymousreply 30June 20, 2021 2:25 PM

R18, when Tony George was on a New York soap, he left to move back to California because he missed Earl. They were still together when Tony died.

by Anonymousreply 31June 20, 2021 2:52 PM

He never fucked me.

by Anonymousreply 32June 20, 2021 2:53 PM

When Betsy Palmer was asked if she knew Dean was gay, she said "He was never gay with me." They had a relationship when he first arrived in New York.

by Anonymousreply 33June 20, 2021 2:54 PM

Didnt he play the gay cop in the DL favorite movie of the week “Alexander The Other Side of Dawn” There’s a bizarre scene in an old timey dinner theater gay bar featuring a performance by Frances Faye

by Anonymousreply 34June 20, 2021 4:03 PM

He's in my Top 5 gay guys that made me exclaim, "Are you fucking kidding me?".

by Anonymousreply 35June 20, 2021 4:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!