Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I Want to Be Underwhelmed—Lazy Days of Summer Edition

Who can be excited in this heat?

by Anonymousreply 600August 25, 2021 10:19 PM

Should you need to catch up, though I can’t imagine why . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 11, 2021 8:41 PM

Posting so early in this thread is a whelming experience.

by Anonymousreply 2June 11, 2021 8:48 PM

I finished a book I did not like.

by Anonymousreply 3June 11, 2021 8:51 PM

I fell asleep in a chair three hours ago, and now I’ve woken up into that kind of happily woozy state that I really enjoy. I’m also on holiday from work next week, and then I am off work for another week at the end of June. June is looking good.

by Anonymousreply 4June 11, 2021 8:57 PM

Heat? Where? It was 20°C here in Norway today. Been a cold summer so far. No heatwaves in sight.

by Anonymousreply 5June 11, 2021 9:08 PM

I’m thinking everything I have left to do today can be rolled over to Monday.

by Anonymousreply 6June 11, 2021 9:44 PM

I had the oil changed in my car today and then stopped for groceries on my way home. It's been a day filled with incident, compared with most of my days since I retired.

by Anonymousreply 7June 11, 2021 9:47 PM

R7 that sounds like a lot in a short span of time. Have a restful weekend.

I am the person from the last thread that was gifted a 5-gallon fish tank. I was warned by you guys that keeping an aquarium might be whelming even if it's small but I didn't listen to the advice and bought a betta fish for it. All was well and very uneventful though the betta is funny and cute as they usually are, but now the light on the lid seems to be turning on and off randomly - figures, it was a used tank. The lid is an idiosyncratic shape so I'm not sure I can easily replace it. Ordered an LED light strip on Amazon to stick on under there and it's just veering too close to being whelming for my tastes. I should've listened.

by Anonymousreply 8June 11, 2021 10:22 PM

My blood pressure was 94/43 this afternoon. I’m not a 17 year-old athlete.

I’d be underwhelmed but for the nagging suspicion it shouldn’t be quite [italic]that[/italic]low

by Anonymousreply 9June 11, 2021 11:06 PM

R9 your systolic (94) is on the low end of normal but your diastolic bp (43) is way too low. If you feel normal and not light headed or nauseous or dizzy, are you sure you measured it correctly? Those readings can be a little wonky sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 10June 11, 2021 11:15 PM

I got halfway through writing a "to do" list for my weekend tasks.

by Anonymousreply 11June 11, 2021 11:17 PM

I went grocery shopping and got into the produce section before I remembered to put my mask on. I was very embarrassed.

by Anonymousreply 12June 11, 2021 11:25 PM

Why did you need a mask? No shots yet?

Keep us posted on the fish situation!

by Anonymousreply 13June 11, 2021 11:28 PM

It’s consistent, R10, same monitor. New bp med: Entresto, super effective I guess, and yes, a little like positional vertigo but less dramatic. I was warned. This was the first time it’s happened.

I’m also on 40 mg of prednisone which tends to elevate, not lower, blood pressure. If it’s that low (it’s been 100-115/80-95 since starting both about a month ago for different issues) when I might expect it to be higher, what happens when I taper off the prednisone?

Potentially whelming.

by Anonymousreply 14June 11, 2021 11:32 PM

I just got home from the grocery store. I was nearly whelmed, but not quite. But now I need to fix something to eat ...

by Anonymousreply 15June 12, 2021 3:27 AM

I’m at Atlanta Hartsfield airport. My flight is delayed. The only food place open is Chick filA.

Why are there no clocks? Some kind of mind control?

by Anonymousreply 16June 12, 2021 12:49 PM

Could overwhelm, r16. Good luck.

by Anonymousreply 17June 12, 2021 12:54 PM

Airport clocks are generally in the center of the concourse at intervals, otherwise that's on the gate podium screen. I've never had CfA fare, and don't plan on changing that.

Having coffee from one of my Dollar Tree styrofoam cups. Extension cord, purchased at same time, works well at bedside table for fast-charging the phone (lamp has only a 1A USB socket).

Please tell me (again) what y'all make in your air fryers, besides fried chicken and French fries, etc.

by Anonymousreply 18June 12, 2021 1:16 PM

I need to fill the oriole feeder with grape jelly but I don't feel like getting sticky in this heat. I'm going to sit here in the air conditioning and let my conscience guide me.

by Anonymousreply 19June 12, 2021 3:08 PM

That’s what I thought was weird — the gates had signs with scheduled departures and any delays, but they didn’t have the current time. If there were any clocks at all, I missed them.

My first time at Atlanta-Hartfield. What a zoo. And that was early on the slowest day if the week.

I did see one cute guy flying wearing one of those t-shirts with the sides cut out. He might as well have been shirtless. Not that I minded.

by Anonymousreply 20June 12, 2021 6:52 PM

It's very hot out, and there's a kids' baseball tournament going on at the elementary school in my neighborhood. When I see the parents lugging gear and lawn chairs to the field, I feel so pleased I can stay inside and watch TV in my nice air-conditioned place. #Grateful

by Anonymousreply 21June 12, 2021 7:08 PM

D.C. is having its Pride march and rally today, after not having it last year. I'm not downtown watching it, because that would require effort and actually leaving the house.

by Anonymousreply 22June 12, 2021 7:16 PM

It rained all night until about 7 this morning then the sun came out, but it barely cracked 70 all day. No need to water.

It's just lovely now here on the patio in my garden. The rain took a lot of pollen away.

And the little cylinder of Jam Berry Blast infused seltzer is indeed giving me a peaceful easy feeling like it says on the can.

by Anonymousreply 23June 12, 2021 8:13 PM

I made home brewed peach ginger iced tea.

by Anonymousreply 24June 12, 2021 8:21 PM

ATL is a huge place, R20. My credit card gives me access to Delta clubs, which is helpful. Hope your flight finally took off!

I have a trip in a few days, though via Charlotte instead of Atlanta.

by Anonymousreply 25June 12, 2021 9:57 PM

I got up early at 6 this morning, put on a washing, took out the trash, ate leftovers and washed the bathroom floor. Now it’s 9am, and I want togo back to bed until noon. It’s a lovely sunny morning though, so I might sit in the garden instead.

by Anonymousreply 26June 13, 2021 7:56 AM

I wanted to go back to bed just from reading about how you spent your morning, R26.

by Anonymousreply 27June 13, 2021 8:04 AM

R5 - met 2 Norwegian girls at the a little coffee and sweets shop I go to. Since my roommate speaks Romanain, she translated the ingredient list for one to English. Since I am (according to DL the one and only annoying and chatty top), I started to talk to them about the weather. They said the variation from hot, humid and sunny to dark and cold heavy storms in one day here feel like a boulder on your back. They are here for some IT conference and said they love the prices.

by Anonymousreply 28June 13, 2021 10:22 AM

Last update on this saga: the betta fish tank light replacement installation was incredibly underwhelming. It had adjustable width so I just popped it on, adjusted the width and plugged it in. It even has a timer so I don't have to bother with turning it on and off every day. The fish keeps trying to fight me through the aquarium glass, so I guess that means he's the betta fish version of happy.

by Anonymousreply 29June 14, 2021 3:22 PM

I’ve just eaten like a pig, and now I hate myself.

by Anonymousreply 30June 14, 2021 4:01 PM

[quote] met 2 Norwegian girls at the a little coffee and sweets shop I go to. Since my roommate speaks Romanain, she translated the ingredient list for one to English.

This made my brain hurt.

by Anonymousreply 31June 14, 2021 4:33 PM

Self-hatred is whelming, R30. We all have our moments of excess. Regrets are a waste of time. And are also whelming.

by Anonymousreply 32June 14, 2021 4:45 PM

I have a stalker here, but he's so fuckin' lame I'm underwhelmed.

By a lot because he's no good at it.

by Anonymousreply 33June 14, 2021 5:22 PM

I was overwhelmed by a squall that hit while I was out running errands. Ended up at First Watch again, this time trying their Mexican hash, which was great: eggs, corn, cheese, elote, and scallion on a bed of home fries. Splashed on the Cholula sauce, read my excellent library book, left a happy boy.

Smokehouse almonds on sale at Walgreens - love the wasabi!

by Anonymousreply 34June 14, 2021 5:56 PM

A bug just scurried across my tv pillow! I brushed it off and am too lazy to find it.

by Anonymousreply 35June 15, 2021 1:39 AM

I had popcorn twists for supper

by Anonymousreply 36June 15, 2021 1:40 AM

I'm a little whelmed now thinking about R35's bug. It could be anywhere!

by Anonymousreply 37June 15, 2021 1:43 AM

And what if his bug is a bedbug? Talk about overwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 38June 15, 2021 1:45 AM

R38 don't be too whelmed. It was more like an ant. Very fast! My cat will get it eventually. Protein!!

by Anonymousreply 39June 15, 2021 1:53 AM

I went bed shopping today and was overwhelmed by the prices. After a few hours at home, I have come down from the whelming and am now back to being underwhelmed. My cat is comforting me as we speak.

Oh, and I'm not paying 2000 fucking dollars for just a mattress. Fuck you, RC Willey.

by Anonymousreply 40June 15, 2021 3:09 AM

There are so many DL threads that underwhelm me these days.

by Anonymousreply 41June 15, 2021 4:30 AM

But only one that is designed to do it.

by Anonymousreply 42June 15, 2021 5:16 AM

[quote]There are so many DL threads that underwhelm me these days.

Are you suggesting that this one, which exists solely for that purpose, has become de trop, as the French say?

by Anonymousreply 43June 15, 2021 5:34 AM

I just ate cucumber slices.

by Anonymousreply 44June 15, 2021 6:07 AM

This thread underwhelms me in a good way, like a relaxing bath before bed. Many others underwhelm like a flaccid cock.

by Anonymousreply 45June 15, 2021 6:27 AM

I wanted to mow the lawn today, but now it's 11.40am and I am still in bed.

I’m going to get up, make eggs and salmon and then think about whether that is really enough exciting achievement for the day.

by Anonymousreply 46June 15, 2021 10:40 AM

I got number 47. Highlight of my day.

by Anonymousreply 47June 15, 2021 10:51 AM

Sleepless night, and I have a lot to do today, and then an actual cocktail party this evening. Nothing to be done about it, just slog through.

I've always wondered, though – what if you're a movie star, and you have a terrible night of sleep, but you still have to get up and film a huge scene, with closeups? I guess drugs, makeup and post-production takes care of it.

by Anonymousreply 48June 15, 2021 2:22 PM

I'm watching River's YTs about the Harkles.

I like him.

Learned about him here on DL.

He speaks of the "tips" people leave in his "tip jar".

I wonder how many of those tips are from DLers....

by Anonymousreply 49June 15, 2021 11:37 PM

The person sitting next to me in the ATL airport concourse claims his pit bull is a service animal. It nosed me.

by Anonymousreply 50June 16, 2021 12:39 AM

I had to buy an electric can opener, something I swore I would never own, because the minor arthritis in my hands hurts too much to use a manual opener some days. ("Arthur always was the worst one of those Ritis brothers," my grandfather used to say.) But for some reason canned olives jam the device and I still have to use the manual opener on those cans. It's not whelming, but it does piss me off in a minor, random way.

by Anonymousreply 51June 16, 2021 1:53 AM

The dog groomer took 7 hours to finish the job today.

I am eating dinner a little later than normal.

by Anonymousreply 52June 16, 2021 5:00 AM

[quote]The dog groomer took 7 hours to finish the job today.

That sounds as though it could have been whelming for your dog.

by Anonymousreply 53June 16, 2021 5:38 AM

My friend Courtney is working from home for the summer. It’s just that she works in entertainment, her office is in LA and she’s back home in Massachusetts. She thought the distance would be whelming but she said last night it’s not.

Her mother still is, though.

by Anonymousreply 54June 16, 2021 10:57 AM

I went food shopping on Sunday WITH a list of what I needed. I forgot to add coffee. As a result, I had only enough coffee this morning for one cup. I have instant but who wants a cup of instant after a great cup of regular coffee??

I'm off to the store later this afternoon. Somehow I went from hoarding coffee during the pandemic to running out once it's (virtually) over.

by Anonymousreply 55June 16, 2021 1:02 PM

I just listened to the Putin press conference after his meeting with President Biden. Underwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 56June 16, 2021 4:51 PM

Air pressure indicator took over my car dashboard today, but was lucky enough to add enough at the service station before an afternoon downpour hit.

by Anonymousreply 57June 16, 2021 6:51 PM

I'm underwhelmed by Samantha Guthrie guest hosting Jeopardy. I'll need to find something else to do at 6pm for the next week.

by Anonymousreply 58June 16, 2021 8:30 PM

I never leave the house except to buy food and go to appointments.

by Anonymousreply 59June 16, 2021 9:27 PM

I am currently in a meeting. Thought you all should know since it is extremely underwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 60June 16, 2021 9:43 PM

I expected to whelmed today when I went out for some groceries and prescriptions. Happily, most everyone was still masked, despite the restrictions being lifted yesterday. It was hot though…

by Anonymousreply 61June 16, 2021 10:13 PM

There are spider mites on my gardenia. I’ve hit it three times with neem oil, and the situation has improved, but I still see a few of the little suckers.

by Anonymousreply 62June 17, 2021 1:34 AM

Here in southwest Florida, low-caff (50/50) coffee can be tough to find. So, I've had to experiment with blending my own.

by Anonymousreply 63June 17, 2021 12:15 PM

Just found out that the winter solstice is this coming Monday. Not sure if I’m over- or underwhelmed yet… the difference these days is so minimal.

by Anonymousreply 64June 17, 2021 1:00 PM

^um, no.

by Anonymousreply 65June 17, 2021 3:35 PM

Assuming R64 is an Aussie. It's the summer solstice for us.

by Anonymousreply 66June 17, 2021 3:57 PM

For those of us in the Northern Hemisphere, the summer solstice will be Sunday, June 20, at 11:31 p.m. It will be the longest day of the year (in terms of daylight), after which it will start getting darker earlier and, before we know it, we'll be inundated with pumpkin spice.

by Anonymousreply 67June 17, 2021 4:22 PM

Shall I have the rest of today's lunch (meatball sandwich) for dinner tonight... or leave it for tomorrow and have something else?

Such are the decisions of my life...

by Anonymousreply 68June 17, 2021 9:17 PM

I'm 33 and just got asked for ID while buying a bottle of wine. Sadly, I was wearing a mask, so it doesn't actually count.

by Anonymousreply 69June 18, 2021 3:19 PM

Cheer up. When I was 16, they never asked.

by Anonymousreply 70June 18, 2021 3:27 PM

I'm bald with a gray beard. I always tell the "We I. D. Everyone!" clerks: "I feel very sorry for any 20 year old who looks like me!" For the record, I got asked on my most recent purchase at Walgreens the other day.

by Anonymousreply 71June 18, 2021 3:58 PM

No mail today.

by Anonymousreply 72June 18, 2021 5:04 PM

Cat is sick and made a colossal mess in the litter box.

by Anonymousreply 73June 18, 2021 5:07 PM

My neighbor is painting his house grey like everyone else, bit at least he’s adding a daring teal trim.

by Anonymousreply 74June 18, 2021 5:14 PM

I usually use Cascade Dishwasher Pods but for some reason I bought Finish pods instead last week. I now prefer Finish.

That is all.

Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 75June 18, 2021 5:20 PM

I bought a Nintendo Switch last year and never used it for anything. I'm not much of a gamer, but it seems like it has a low barrier to entry and I want to see what I've been missing without being whelmed. Tonight I may unwind by attempting Animal Crossing: New Horizons.

by Anonymousreply 76June 18, 2021 9:34 PM

My supply of Trader Joe’s Golden Ooolong Iced Tea has been CUT OFF!

What the fuck, Joe?

by Anonymousreply 77June 18, 2021 9:56 PM

Did you ask the staff whether this is a temporary shortage, or whether that has become specifically a discontinued item?

by Anonymousreply 78June 18, 2021 10:04 PM

The computer says “supply interruption” but it’s been going on for weeks. I just ordered a case from an online Asian market from the Japanese company that I believe makes TJ’s store brand. We’ll see if they come through.

by Anonymousreply 79June 18, 2021 10:14 PM

My employer’s daughter returned a book to me today - The New Paint Magic by Jocasta Innes.

She was very upset she’d warped the cover and some pages with water. I told her not to worry; it will just be shoved back onto my shelf and referred to about once every 3 years.

Her being whelmed was not something I could witness, nor support.

by Anonymousreply 80June 18, 2021 10:40 PM

[quote]I usually use Cascade Dishwasher Pods but for some reason I bought Finish pods instead last week. I now prefer Finish.

I tried Finish once and still have some in the closet because I went right back to Cascade, the brand my dishwasher "recommends." Finish made my pans look dull.

by Anonymousreply 81June 18, 2021 10:46 PM

On a related note, I bought Purex laundry detergent on a two-for-one sale. It seems to work okay, but that could be the stain remover that I use with troublesome garments as well?

by Anonymousreply 82June 18, 2021 10:49 PM

Does anybody else remember when ‘Finish’ was called ‘Electrasol?’ ‘Electrasol’ was cheap, at least in comparison to Cascade, and when it became ‘Finish’ it was suddenly top drawer?

by Anonymousreply 83June 18, 2021 10:58 PM

[quote]R81 Finish made my pans look dull.

I. Cannot. Deal with this.

by Anonymousreply 84June 18, 2021 11:01 PM

Dull pans do border on whelming.

by Anonymousreply 85June 19, 2021 12:14 AM

[quote]I bought a new phone today. My old one was as obsolete as Burgess Meredith in a "Twilight Zone" episode. I expected the options to be whelming. I was not disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 86June 19, 2021 2:34 AM

^^ I didn't mean my post to be presented as a quote. Clearly I am still whelmed by my phone shopping experience. ^^

by Anonymousreply 87June 19, 2021 2:36 AM

You’ve been through a lot, r87.

Forgive yourself. We all do. (I think.)

by Anonymousreply 88June 19, 2021 5:14 AM

I just finished hard boiling four dozen eggs with my wonderful Cuisinart egg cooker. So easy and they come out perfect 10 eggs at a time for approx 10 or 12 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 89June 19, 2021 6:10 AM

What are you planning to do with so many eggs, r89?

by Anonymousreply 90June 19, 2021 6:47 AM

Share them with two friends doing Keto.

by Anonymousreply 91June 19, 2021 6:50 AM

I don't care, but I cannot wait for the new Gossip Girl on HBO. I just finished Cruel Summer and I need something good to follow it up. The ending of Cruel Summer spiced up the rather underwhelming summer of content so far.

by Anonymousreply 92June 19, 2021 6:58 AM

Ah, R91, I thought keto may be the answer. I’ve just started another attempt at low carb, looking to get down to keto level within the next few weeks. I’m currently sooo hungry though!

by Anonymousreply 93June 19, 2021 6:58 AM

Diets are underwhelming. Lifestyle changes like lean meat, veggies, exercise and lots of water. That's the ticket.

Diet soda is for fatties.

by Anonymousreply 94June 19, 2021 7:01 AM

I'm looking forward to Gossip Girl too. It looks trashy but really gay. I'm simple to please.

by Anonymousreply 95June 19, 2021 7:08 AM

DL can't get behind any diet plan that requires the use of the word "veggies," R94.

by Anonymousreply 96June 19, 2021 8:04 AM

Watch the Dr. Eric Westman videos on YouTube R93, he explains it so well. He runs an obesity clinic at Duke University. If you do it the way he explains you won't be hungry or have cravings. It's a very effective lifestyle change.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97June 19, 2021 8:32 AM

This medical doctor has a great Keto channel as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98June 19, 2021 8:33 AM

[quote]Most people are drawn to a low carb diet for weight loss, but many stays for ...

I'm whelmed by the awful grammar.

by Anonymousreply 99June 19, 2021 5:09 PM

I think I may need to get my gutters cleaned. Weeds are starting to grow in them.

by Anonymousreply 100June 19, 2021 5:34 PM

I'm boiling a can of sweetened condensed milk for dulce de leche.

The plan is to make Banoffee Pie with it.

This Preppy Kitchen guy used a hair dryer to heat up the chocolate for his shavings, interesting. I do like his kitchen.

He also used crumbled Heath bars in the filling, think I'll skip that part mostly because I don't have any.

I hope I haven't whelmed anyone with this, it is not my intent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101June 20, 2021 5:17 PM

[quote] I hope I haven't whelmed anyone with this, it is not my intent.

As if.

by Anonymousreply 102June 20, 2021 5:27 PM

I feel whelmed at the idea of making Banoffee pie, but if it includes Heath bars... I'm in!

by Anonymousreply 103June 20, 2021 5:31 PM

My original plan was to make Magnolia Bakery Banana Pudding.

I assumed I had Nilla wafers in my pantry but sadly I was mistaken.

I did however have the ingredients for the Banoffee Pie some of which are the same as the pudding.

I didn't get whelmed, I just regrouped and carried on.

I had t

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104June 20, 2021 5:50 PM

I've always disliked dairy milk.

I've fallen hook, line and sinker for the carbs-packed "Oat Milk".

by Anonymousreply 105June 20, 2021 6:00 PM

I'm celebrating Brian Wilson's 79th birthday by playing the Beach Boys all day in iTunes.

by Anonymousreply 106June 20, 2021 6:04 PM

I can’t imagine assuming I had Nilla wafers in my pantry.

by Anonymousreply 107June 20, 2021 6:07 PM

The chlorine is turning my hair this weird copper color, but the swim body is totally worth it.

by Anonymousreply 108June 20, 2021 6:08 PM

Buck's hair never would have turned that weird copper color.

by Anonymousreply 109June 20, 2021 6:10 PM

I watered my perennials.

by Anonymousreply 110June 20, 2021 6:13 PM

[quote]R104 I assumed I had Nilla wafers in my pantry but sadly I was mistaken.

These are the tragedies of modern life.

#StayStrong

by Anonymousreply 111June 20, 2021 6:13 PM

My cat has chronic diarrhea, but she is still hungry and active, so I’m just going to hope it goes away.

by Anonymousreply 112June 20, 2021 6:15 PM

A hungry cat with diarrhea sounds whelming. For both of you.

by Anonymousreply 113June 20, 2021 6:16 PM

I have a little side job editing the work of budding (aged) authors in my small town.

I just called one at 11:00 to transcribe a new chapter over the phone. It turns out I was supposed to call at noon.

Now I have an hour to kill.

by Anonymousreply 114June 20, 2021 6:21 PM

I’m due at a party, but I’m waiting for my hair to dry.

by Anonymousreply 115June 20, 2021 6:29 PM

Heath bars are on sale at Walgreens these days.

by Anonymousreply 116June 20, 2021 7:20 PM

Fresh, sweet raspberries taste better to me than fresh, sweet strawberries.

It didn't used to be that way.

by Anonymousreply 117June 20, 2021 7:22 PM

This new probiotic is giving me the greatest shits ever, almost too stellar. Is it my body getting rid of backed up toxins or is this just too much bang for your buck (not Buck Jarrett).

by Anonymousreply 118June 20, 2021 7:27 PM

Name of product, please, R118.

by Anonymousreply 119June 20, 2021 9:17 PM

R118/R119 The two dimensions of whelm and either could be under or over, depending.

by Anonymousreply 120June 20, 2021 11:16 PM

I am considerating a new bedside lamp.

by Anonymousreply 121June 21, 2021 1:58 AM

R119 - Pro-50 - it's the top rated on Amazon and it WORKS.

by Anonymousreply 122June 21, 2021 2:07 AM

R118, why are you taking PRO-50?

by Anonymousreply 123June 21, 2021 2:19 AM

[quote]I am considerating a new bedside lamp.

Is that more serious than merely considering a new bedside lamp?

by Anonymousreply 124June 21, 2021 3:48 AM

To make my gut health better. Having good probiotics and gut health is supposed to be everything and this one got the best reviews, R123. Is it too strong??? I'm a healthy athletic 40 year old guy. I just felt it was a good idea to add a daily probiotic and drink more water.

by Anonymousreply 125June 21, 2021 6:46 AM

Talk of "gut health" is whelming.

by Anonymousreply 126June 21, 2021 8:07 AM

Considerating was largely a typo, though the Spellcheck Gods had a hand in the affair as well.

Physically attractive item, though the seller is being coy about the USB amps...

by Anonymousreply 127June 22, 2021 12:50 AM

I’m eating sweet cherries from our farmers market. I’d hoped they would be sweeter.

by Anonymousreply 128June 22, 2021 1:01 AM

I hate being too sweaty when I leave the gym. If I stay too long in the steam, even after a cold shower, I am still sweating. It's annoying!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 129June 22, 2021 1:48 AM

The good Rainier cherries were finally here in the greengrocers today and going quickly.

But $11.98 a pound is theft.

by Anonymousreply 130June 22, 2021 2:19 AM

I’m eating a hot dog while watching Dr. Pimple Popper.

by Anonymousreply 131June 22, 2021 2:25 AM

R131 That's overwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 132June 22, 2021 2:44 PM

It’s my cat’s 12th birthday!

by Anonymousreply 133June 22, 2021 4:05 PM

[quote]R131 That's overwhelming.

And hugely unappetizing.

by Anonymousreply 134June 22, 2021 5:27 PM

I wish I had something underwhelming to report, but traveling today - it's like NYE at Times Square out there!

What's up with Cosmo cat? Is he leading the mellow life still?

by Anonymousreply 135June 22, 2021 6:46 PM

I just got back from the dentist and the right side of face is still numb. Feels good.

by Anonymousreply 136June 22, 2021 6:56 PM

It was raining, now it’s not, so I’m headed to Trader Joe’s because my cupboard is bare.

by Anonymousreply 137June 22, 2021 9:13 PM

I just had dinner: fresh mozzarella, cherries, and pistachios.

by Anonymousreply 138June 22, 2021 9:15 PM

[quote]I just had dinner: fresh mozzarella, cherries, and pistachios.

That sounds like what I'd consume while waiting for my dinner to heat up.

by Anonymousreply 139June 22, 2021 9:25 PM

I'm going to dinner with a friend but it's nearly 100° outside and that would be very whelming except the humidity is 15%, so it's a dry heat. Also, my car's air conditioning works well.

by Anonymousreply 140June 22, 2021 10:52 PM

R135, not sure if you’re talking about me but I’ve been chillin’. Haven’t seen my cardinal friend aka Cardi B but the other birds are pretty cool. I have to go to the vet for my annual exam in the next few weeks. Can’t wait til Mom tries to put me in my cat carrier.

Monday was our 5 year anniversary of being roommates.

by Anonymousreply 141June 23, 2021 12:21 AM

An enormous and presumably homeless man - he had to weigh 300 lbs plus: think Lizzo in filthy, sagging sweatpants and no shirt if you can - was pole-dancing with a parking meter in the 90 degree heat a space ahead of where I was parked on Washington Street this morning.

It could have been overwhelming but honestly, he just wasn’t that good at pole dancing.

by Anonymousreply 142June 23, 2021 12:36 AM

Thx R141

New Jersey seems difficult for others to understand.

by Anonymousreply 143June 23, 2021 1:25 AM

R143, you’re welcome! Thanks for asking. I can’t believe it’s been 5 years since I brought Cos home. He was sooo tiny and I was afraid he would miss his 3 sisters. He was the only boy in his litter.

What about NJ seems difficult to understand? Other than the no left turn at some intersections and turning right on red.

by Anonymousreply 144June 23, 2021 3:05 AM

You may be underwhelmed at what I'm about to say… but I'm pleasantly overwhelmed that one of my posts yesterday has now gained 17 likes.

by Anonymousreply 145June 23, 2021 5:58 AM

Frustrating that NJ stereotypes so easily bought into.

Nice, R145!

by Anonymousreply 146June 23, 2021 7:22 AM

My stylist went too far with the haircut, but I believe in second chances.

by Anonymousreply 147June 23, 2021 7:27 AM

Hi, London here. Remember me? or are you different folks now?

A record dealer came to my house today - I'm selling off my old vinyl collection. It went OK. Still have tons to get rid of. I thought he'd take more.

by Anonymousreply 148June 23, 2021 4:56 PM

[quote]Hi, London here. Remember me? or are you different folks now?

Welcome back, London. I can speak only for myself, but I'm certainly the same.

by Anonymousreply 149June 23, 2021 5:46 PM

I am relatively new to this thread. What are you known for?

by Anonymousreply 150June 23, 2021 5:48 PM

We are known for sharing in excruciating detail the mundane details of our totally humdrum lives, R150.

by Anonymousreply 151June 23, 2021 5:51 PM

Good to see a familiar face, R149!

by Anonymousreply 152June 23, 2021 6:31 PM

My neighbors are putting in a new concrete sidewalk and I’m afraid it’s going to harden before it gets dark, so I’ll be unable to carve something eternal in it.

by Anonymousreply 153June 23, 2021 10:14 PM

[quote]My neighbors are putting in a new concrete sidewalk and I’m afraid it’s going to harden before it gets dark, so I’ll be unable to carve something eternal in it.

There's a wonderful invention, R153. It's call a flashlight.

by Anonymousreply 154June 24, 2021 12:21 AM

I'm catching up on old episodes of Psych and delighted that it's just as funny as I remember it.

by Anonymousreply 155June 24, 2021 2:34 AM

R155, I loved Psych, it was a really clever and funny crime/mystery show. I’m likely older than the show’s intended audience, but a diehard fan nonetheless.

by Anonymousreply 156June 24, 2021 3:42 AM

Well, Baroness, you see I WANTED it to be dark. I was worried that the concrete would dry BEFORE it got dark. The objective would have been to avoid detection by being cloaked in darkness. A flashlight would rather have the effect of “Hey, everybody—look over here!”.

As it turned out, I was distracted by a carton of ice cream and forgot to check.

by Anonymousreply 157June 24, 2021 4:45 AM

[quote]As it turned out, I was distracted by a carton of ice cream and forgot to check.

Sic transit gloria mundi.

by Anonymousreply 158June 24, 2021 5:55 AM

I just had 2 chocolate cakes with whipped cream and lashings of strawberry drizzled about. I sometimes wake up around 3am for a snack and a quick DL check in before returning back to bed. How are you doing tonight, my fellow late night owls? Are you as underwhelmed as i am?

by Anonymousreply 159June 24, 2021 7:38 AM

My 3 a.m. snack was a piece of toast with some raspberry preserves. The kind with seeds. I find seedless raspberry jam underwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 160June 24, 2021 8:14 AM

So the concrete is dry and it’s glaring! Too bright to match my lovely sand-colored sidewalk. Shame.

by Anonymousreply 161June 24, 2021 5:48 PM

The lawnboys just finished mowing the grass outside my condo and now we're enjoying a thunderstorm. The combination of smells is puttng me into a very mellow mood...cut grass and rain.

by Anonymousreply 162June 24, 2021 5:49 PM

R161 It will darken up over a couple seasons. I felt the same way when I had my patio replaced...it was so bright at first. It's calmed down now and looks lovely.

by Anonymousreply 163June 24, 2021 5:50 PM

Rao's was on sale for $5.99, I bought 2 jars.

by Anonymousreply 164June 24, 2021 7:17 PM

R159, I usually wake up around 2:00am. I don’t snack, I just have a cup of tea (vodka.) I check-in here, watch Mannix & Cannon, then it’s back to bed.

Now, Greg, I have a question for you. Did you eat two entire cakes at 3:00am? Or did you have two cakes around the house and you had a piece? Not judging, just curious.

by Anonymousreply 165June 24, 2021 8:44 PM

I sat down, with my elderly cat snoozing next to me, to re-read "'salem's Lot," but I barely started before I began to be whelmed. I think I'll read something else.

by Anonymousreply 166June 25, 2021 1:31 AM

Most of Stephen King's work can be whelming, it's true.

by Anonymousreply 167June 25, 2021 4:17 AM

I wrote to Mr. King to tell him I found his novel “Gerald’s Game” was homophobic.

I got an underwhelming form letter in reply.

by Anonymousreply 168June 25, 2021 5:16 AM

^^ my grammar was better in my letter, BTW

by Anonymousreply 169June 25, 2021 5:18 AM

I really want a piece of a Carvel ice cream cake. Even the small one is too much for me. I’ll eat the whole thing over the weekend. Maybe I’ll treat myself. My birthday was Wednesday. I’m in my last year of being in my 50’s.

by Anonymousreply 170June 25, 2021 3:19 PM

Happy Birthday! We had a Carvel within biking distance when I was a kid in NJ.

Rainy day on vacation, but looking forward to lunch at a favorite restaurant; also, looking to make a dent on books I brought along.

by Anonymousreply 171June 25, 2021 3:49 PM

I had my refrigerator detailed Wednesday.

by Anonymousreply 172June 25, 2021 4:24 PM

I know this might whelm some, and it certainly whelms me, but I can’t think of anywhere else to discuss it.

My cat’s diarrhea was not abating as I had hoped. She just decided that a rolled rug in the basement was her new litter box.

If I’m charitable, perhaps she was asleep in the basement and couldn’t make it to her box. Then, seeing how convenient it was, just kept using it. Still, I can’t help but be mad at her.

by Anonymousreply 173June 25, 2021 4:29 PM

[quote]Maybe I’ll treat myself. My birthday was Wednesday. I’m in my last year of being in my 50’s.

Sounds to me like reason enough.

by Anonymousreply 174June 25, 2021 4:52 PM

Well, I used my Bissell carpet stain machine to remove seven little gifts from the rug and now I’m going to take it to the rug cleaners which was probably necessary anyway since it spent 6 years in my brother’s apartment and I doubt he knows how to use a vacuum.

I also placed a second litter box in the basement which she promptly christened.

So now I have two litter boxes to clean. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 175June 25, 2021 5:57 PM

Thank you, R171! I did buy the small Carvel ice cream cake. It may take a while to eat it all but I will.

by Anonymousreply 176June 25, 2021 6:47 PM

Happy Birthday Cosmo! We’re the same age for the next two weeks. Enjoy the cake.

by Anonymousreply 177June 25, 2021 6:57 PM

I just talked to Frankie the Gutter Guy. He’s kind of cute. He’s going to be cleaning my gutters Monday or Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 178June 25, 2021 8:26 PM

I bet.

by Anonymousreply 179June 25, 2021 11:11 PM

I’m indulging in a second piece of Mrs. See’s candy. It’s Friday, after all.

by Anonymousreply 180June 26, 2021 12:48 AM

[quote]I just talked to Frankie the Gutter Guy. He’s kind of cute. He’s going to be cleaning my gutters Monday or Tuesday.

It's been ages since I've had my gutters cleaned.

by Anonymousreply 181June 26, 2021 1:11 AM

My AC unit was tuned today by a slightly chunky but fine technician.

by Anonymousreply 182June 26, 2021 5:45 AM

I'm watching The Office on the Comedy Channel. I don't know which episode. I've seen them all a hundred times. They comfort me.

by Anonymousreply 183June 26, 2021 2:23 PM

Back from a lobster salad (salad with lobster rather than mayo mix in a bun) lunch, picked up some Jamaican food for dinner on the way home. The things you do on vacation...

by Anonymousreply 184June 26, 2021 6:01 PM

I went out to lunch with a friend today and the bakery next door had pride themed cupcakes. They were just plain vanilla cupcakes with rainbow colored frosting, but I'm that easy, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 185June 27, 2021 7:43 AM

I went out to lunch with a friend yesterday and it was my first time eating inside a restaurant since March 2020. I thought I would feel a bit whelmed by the experience, but I didn't at all. I guess it's like riding bicycle. It wasn't as though I had forgotten how to dine out.

by Anonymousreply 186June 27, 2021 4:37 PM

Ran into someone I assumed was gay when I was introduced to him a decade ago. Not long after that, he married and has kids. He struck me as gay today just as he did then - maybe the 'gay' voice?

by Anonymousreply 187June 27, 2021 5:22 PM

I realized today that I have stopped singing the Happy Birthday song in my head twice when I wash my hands.

I think the vaccine has given me a false sense of security and caused me to abandon good habits. I shall get back on course immediately.

by Anonymousreply 188June 27, 2021 5:26 PM

Today is my first day back to work. I was off Wed - Fri. I had a gazillion emails to go through even though my out of office message provided a back-up contact. At least I didn't have any VMs.

On the plus side, the day is going by quite quickly. It's already after 3 PM here on the East coast.

by Anonymousreply 189June 28, 2021 7:24 PM

Last day of my Nantucket vacation, so passed by the infamous Club Car with no sign of Kevin Spacey.

by Anonymousreply 190June 28, 2021 8:16 PM

I really want to FART, but I am in a public place and can't.

by Anonymousreply 191June 28, 2021 8:17 PM

I’m going to have to force feed my cat two pills twice a day. Joy for us both.

by Anonymousreply 192June 28, 2021 8:55 PM

I’ve had to resort to the car burrito.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193June 29, 2021 3:52 PM

Hope your kitty is okay, R192.

by Anonymousreply 194June 29, 2021 3:54 PM

I am whelmed, r193, but in a very good way. Feel better, Kitty.

by Anonymousreply 195June 29, 2021 4:03 PM

Good luck to both you, R192. I hope you don't have to do it for any length of time. Please let us know how kitty takes to this new regimen.

by Anonymousreply 196June 29, 2021 4:03 PM

Two weeks. She has irritable bowel syndrome which steroids have kept under control, but she was stressed when I went away a few days and developed diarrhea which has persisted. Increasing her steroids hasn’t worked, so we’re trying antibiotics. I won’t whelm with the worst case scenario. Let’s hope the pills work.

by Anonymousreply 197June 29, 2021 4:16 PM

I took an antibiotic, Clindamycin, last week, and it gave me diarrhea.

by Anonymousreply 198June 29, 2021 4:21 PM

I hope cats react differently to antibiotics, R197. Antibiotics often give humans diarrhea or a UTI. Yogurt is supposed to help. Poor kitty and poor you. I've also heard a little PeptoBismol on will help; just a drop on your finger and let her lick it off.

by Anonymousreply 199June 29, 2021 5:02 PM

r199, today I'm eating yogurt w/probiotics. Hope it helps.

by Anonymousreply 200June 29, 2021 5:05 PM

I biked to work today. Mostly downhill which is great in the am...

by Anonymousreply 201June 29, 2021 6:00 PM

The moment you have to fart in yoga class, is the moment the instructor does everything possible to keep your hole spread wide open. Happy baby, deep squats. I had to do everything to keep from letting it out and it ruined my zen!!!!

by Anonymousreply 202June 30, 2021 2:54 AM

Your subject matter was whelming, R202.

by Anonymousreply 203June 30, 2021 3:18 AM

I should do the laundry, but instead I'm on DL.

by Anonymousreply 204June 30, 2021 3:21 AM

There’s a hunk across the street assisting an old fat guy with installing a storm door. He doesn’t seem to have much to do. Would it be too forward to invite him over for some Iced tea?

by Anonymousreply 205June 30, 2021 5:07 PM

Orange is the new orange.

by Anonymousreply 206June 30, 2021 5:11 PM

I just ate my last piece of Carvel ice cream cake. it was the Crunchie chocolate kind. It was delicious but I think I'm good until at least the end of Summer.

by Anonymousreply 207June 30, 2021 6:15 PM

I have to choose between paying bills online or slicing a melon into wedges.

by Anonymousreply 208June 30, 2021 6:26 PM

A disappointing day: the Asian salad I ordered as lunch ended up being a giant plate of relatively dry cole slaw.

by Anonymousreply 209June 30, 2021 8:52 PM

[quote]I have to choose between paying bills online or slicing a melon into wedges.

I don't know whether to kill myself or go bowling.

by Anonymousreply 210June 30, 2021 8:55 PM

I need to clean the litter box but Jeopardy is on.

by Anonymousreply 211June 30, 2021 10:55 PM

Cat could wait 30 minutes for the hotness that was contestant S. A. today, who sleeps with fruits!

Polished off a half-liter of tonic water this evening (lemon juice added, but no gin), so guess I'm malaria-free.

by Anonymousreply 212July 1, 2021 12:17 AM

Happily, my sick cat is getting better on the antibiotics. I don’t understand why she thinks taking a pill is such an ordeal. One might hope she would realize the pills are what’s making her feel better, but no.

by Anonymousreply 213July 1, 2021 6:06 AM

I walked on my treadmill for 40 minutes, going back to bed.

by Anonymousreply 214July 1, 2021 11:34 AM

I found cookies in my freezer.

by Anonymousreply 215July 2, 2021 4:06 AM

.^^ Pajama party!

by Anonymousreply 216July 2, 2021 4:47 AM

Getting back on prep is a chore.

by Anonymousreply 217July 2, 2021 5:07 AM

I’m procrastinating on a work project. I’m going out for a coffee.

by Anonymousreply 218July 2, 2021 2:50 PM

My holiday officially begins at 1 PM ET. My company gave us an 'early release.' That usually means we still have to monitor email and VM until 5 pm ET but not this time. This came from the higher ups. I've got 70 minutes to go!

by Anonymousreply 219July 2, 2021 3:50 PM

Faced with a choice at the supermarket today, I opted for a jar of red cabbage [italic]without[/italic] apples.

by Anonymousreply 220July 2, 2021 6:01 PM

Your holiday has begun, R219. Is it everything you were hoping it would be?

by Anonymousreply 221July 2, 2021 6:05 PM

I wonder who puts the stickers on individual fruits and vegetables at my grocers. What would happen if I exchanged the one on an apple for the one on a potato? It's too daunting a task so I'll just sit here and think about it.

by Anonymousreply 222July 2, 2021 10:22 PM

Holidays bring me sadness, but I love them anyway.

I dislike Summer, but even I feel a poignancy about July 4th. We're at the apex od Summer and from now it's a rush to Labor Day.

by Anonymousreply 223July 3, 2021 12:22 AM

[quote]I dislike Summer, but even I feel a poignancy about July 4th. We're at the apex od Summer and from now it's a rush to Labor Day.

The first day of summer was less than two weeks ago, but I see your point. Still, with the horrible heat and humidity where I live, I say bring on Labor Day.

by Anonymousreply 224July 3, 2021 12:42 AM

I'm going out more

but I worry I'm still not showering enough

by Anonymousreply 225July 3, 2021 12:50 AM

Weed and spa session makes me sleepy and it's only 8:20pm. I could totally get fucked right now but I don't want to make any effort.

by Anonymousreply 226July 3, 2021 3:19 AM

I don't like rare steak and I no longer care what people think about it.

by Anonymousreply 227July 3, 2021 3:57 AM

R39 = Christina Crawford.

by Anonymousreply 228July 3, 2021 4:36 AM

R225, I read an article a few months ago that quoted a dermatologist who says our skin, like our gut, has its own microbiome, and we are destroying it by over-showering with the various chemicals we use to bathe ourselves. So perhaps it’s all for the better that you’re not showering more.

by Anonymousreply 229July 3, 2021 5:23 AM

I got waylaid in the hall when I took my trash to the chute and was told all the gossip for this floor and wing of our building. The guy down the hall put that nasty scented thing in his doorway to cover the smell of all the pot he was smoking (this is a non-smoking building and pot is still illegal here), his pill habit finally caught up to him and he wore out his welcome here and moved out. Even so, I saw him loitering in the parking lot just this evening. The mean old bitch down the hall with the yappy dog has been telling false gossip about some of the residents and got publicly called out for it. No one cared for her much anyway, but now she is openly ignored. The guy across the hall has a year in jail in front of him but seems to be keeping the apartment. I never asked for the information, but there it is. Meanwhile, I don't really know any of them so I'm still underwhelmed. Meh.

by Anonymousreply 230July 4, 2021 6:05 AM

My shower squeegee fell off and scared the cat. He's gone to check it out...

by Anonymousreply 231July 4, 2021 7:04 AM

I put my new registration sticker on my car this morning without incident. Jealous, BITCHES!?

by Anonymousreply 232July 4, 2021 1:55 PM

That does qualify as a thoroughly underwhelming activity, R232.

by Anonymousreply 233July 4, 2021 3:04 PM

I was driving along and a raccoon was circling in the street with a can stuck on his head. I tried to pull the can off but the raccoon just dangled in the air. A beautiful young police officer pulled up and tried to save the raccoon but the can wasn't budging. The officer went back to his car and got some heavy gloves, he grabbed the raccoon by the scruff of the neck and pulled and pulled and finally the can came off. The raccoon ran up a tree.

The officer's beauty was rather whelming, he looked like the son of Sidney Poitier. Ahhhh summertime.

by Anonymousreply 234July 4, 2021 8:13 PM

Sorry, r234, totally whelmed me.

by Anonymousreply 235July 4, 2021 8:16 PM

I've spent the whole afternoon masturbating.

by Anonymousreply 236July 4, 2021 10:29 PM

I think I may be gassy later this evening.

by Anonymousreply 237July 4, 2021 10:37 PM

R234 experience is definitely too whelming for this thread...

Interesting but too whelming

by Anonymousreply 238July 4, 2021 10:39 PM

Sometimes I like to have windows open and the AC running.

by Anonymousreply 239July 4, 2021 10:52 PM

I ate too many potato chips. They were delicious at the time but now I regret my lack of control.

by Anonymousreply 240July 5, 2021 5:44 AM

Keeping a gunt at bay just feels futile at times!

by Anonymousreply 241July 5, 2021 5:57 AM

I ran out of Swiffer Dry Cloths. Thought I had a back up box but I was mistaken.

by Anonymousreply 242July 5, 2021 8:46 PM

Sorry to hear that, R242, as I have plenty to spare!

by Anonymousreply 243July 5, 2021 8:59 PM

R221, R219 here. Yes, the weekend was all I had hoped it would be. Went to visit my 86 year-old Dad. He lives about 90 minutes away. I hadn't seen him since Sept. 2019 for his birthday. He looks fantastic! He lives in a senior building but is totally independent. He still drives locally but not at night.

He and his lady friend, my sister and I went to Texas Roadhouse for lunch. I missed the communal bucket of peanuts but I really don't need them. I've gained 13 lbs. during COVID so I need to start watching.

Sunday and Monday were spent watching Wimbledon and doing a little housework. Cosmo and I just relaxed and enjoyed each other's company.

by Anonymousreply 244July 6, 2021 1:58 PM

Today is tropical storm Elsa here. Fortunately, it's just going to be a few heavy squalls, pretty much resolved by tonight. Catch up on reading mostly I think.

Congratulating myself on using an expiring $20 Big Lots coupon towards a patio chair yesterday!

by Anonymousreply 245July 6, 2021 3:15 PM

I went to dinner with a friend this evening and as we were entering, my worst enemy in the world was leaving. She has done some heinous shit to me in the past. I was very whelmed for about 30 seconds, but then … nothing. I wonder if she just doesn't matter anymore or if I'm just repressing. *shrug*

by Anonymousreply 246July 7, 2021 2:57 AM

My headphones are laying here, beside my computer.

by Anonymousreply 247July 7, 2021 3:11 AM

Since I started Keto 4 weeks ago mosquitoes don't bite me. I don't miss them.

by Anonymousreply 248July 7, 2021 5:33 AM

My hole is too tight to dive into casual bottoming. I need to practice a dildo, then start prep, and then try to get back out there.

by Anonymousreply 249July 7, 2021 5:42 AM

I have been craving lemon pie ice cream, but there hasn't been any in local stories. Today, I bought key lime pie (technically frozen yogurt with crust bits) instead.

by Anonymousreply 250July 8, 2021 6:10 PM

Life is filled with compromises, R250. I hope this one won't prove whelming for you.

by Anonymousreply 251July 8, 2021 6:45 PM

Cosmo just chewed through the cord to my sound bar. I thought I'd put cord protector on those wires but I guess I didn't. I think he's mad because I've been on MS Teams meetings since 12:30 pm ET with only a 1/2 hour break. Thank goodness I'm an Amazon Prime member and have a gift card. I shall order another and make sure I protect ALL cords. It's not terrible since I wanted a longer bar anyway.

Sorry if this is whelming!

by Anonymousreply 252July 8, 2021 7:13 PM

I have never heard of the term "sound bar"?

by Anonymousreply 253July 8, 2021 7:15 PM

R253, they are awesome for newer flat screen TVs since the speakers are on the sides of the TV. It projects the sound in front of you so you don't need the TV set to ear-splitting levels..

Google 'sound bar' to see what they look like. My Mom's pre-2010 Vizio has the speakers in the front but my living room TV doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 254July 8, 2021 7:19 PM

Thanks, I have no TV at present. I watch programs on my telephone.

by Anonymousreply 255July 8, 2021 7:27 PM

Understood, R255.

by Anonymousreply 256July 8, 2021 7:28 PM

R255, how about a bluetooth speaker for your phone? They are pretty awesome and in expensive.

by Anonymousreply 257July 8, 2021 7:48 PM

r253, it's where you go for Sonic-tinis.

by Anonymousreply 258July 8, 2021 7:48 PM

Betta fish I put in the aquarium I was gifted is doing great. His little tank is in my living room by my favorite chair and he likes to watch me when I'm in there watching TV or reading. Other than the regular water changes and filter change once a month, it's not as whelming as I thought it would be to have a small aquarium, but I don't think I'd ever get a bigger one or more fish -- too much work.

by Anonymousreply 259July 8, 2021 7:50 PM

Very nice, R259!

by Anonymousreply 260July 8, 2021 7:53 PM

We just went few a couple if hours of heavy thunderstorms in NNJ and Elsa isn’t even here yet. I need to go to Costco.

by Anonymousreply 261July 8, 2021 8:40 PM

Here in Florida, we had a morning of very nasty thunderstorms at the end, kind of like Elsa slamming the door on her way out!

by Anonymousreply 262July 8, 2021 9:06 PM

The sky is very overcast. A thunderstorm is on the way. It must be close, my cat is getting skittish. I wish he enjoyed thunderstorms as much as I do.

by Anonymousreply 263July 8, 2021 10:03 PM

[quote]We just went few a couple if hours of heavy thunderstorms in NNJ and Elsa isn’t even here yet.

The atmospheric changes are affecting your ability to type coherently, R261.

by Anonymousreply 264July 9, 2021 12:16 AM

Vegas 117°

by Anonymousreply 265July 9, 2021 6:22 AM

No rain in Seattle for the last week.

I don't think people appreciate how much water is needed to wash away the stench.

Even the tourists stink.

by Anonymousreply 266July 9, 2021 7:25 AM

I have begun to suspect mixing NyQuil™ with Ambien night after night isn't in my best interests.

by Anonymousreply 267July 9, 2021 10:24 AM

My gastroenterologist prescribed codeine yesterday for GI issues. It works too well.

OTOH, I got a great night’s sleep as Elsa raced toward the Maritimes this morning.

by Anonymousreply 268July 9, 2021 11:51 AM

I’m having a rug cleaned and they called recommending that I replace the fringe. Now I’m racked with indecision.

by Anonymousreply 269July 9, 2021 3:32 PM

I'm in the office today. There's probably 4 people here plus me. It's not too bad.

by Anonymousreply 270July 9, 2021 3:39 PM

I put air in my tires at Wawa this morning. The air is free there and I find this very hospitable of them.

by Anonymousreply 271July 9, 2021 4:55 PM

R269

Get new fringe instead of second guessing yourself.

R271

My garage offers free air; I bought a small digital pressure reader that's worked out well.

Splurged on dessert at lunch: apple-yogurt parfait with honey!

by Anonymousreply 272July 9, 2021 5:03 PM

I'm scrolling through a DL thread about frying hamburgers in a pan on the stove. Now I want a cheeseburger, nothing fancy, just a great cheeseburger.

by Anonymousreply 273July 9, 2021 5:29 PM

Thank you R272. I shall follow your instruction

by Anonymousreply 274July 9, 2021 6:04 PM

Actually, I won’t. They wanted $320.

by Anonymousreply 275July 9, 2021 6:08 PM

[quote]I’m having a rug cleaned and they called recommending that I replace the fringe. Now I’m racked with indecision.

A sharp pair of scissors will solve that problem pronto with no cost to you.

by Anonymousreply 276July 9, 2021 6:10 PM

Max Wright had OCD issues with fringe. It didn't end well.

by Anonymousreply 277July 9, 2021 6:38 PM

There must be a better way to eliminate toenail fungus.

by Anonymousreply 278July 9, 2021 7:36 PM

My sofa is chic rather than comfortable and sometimes I think I should sell it and get a sectional.

by Anonymousreply 279July 10, 2021 4:44 AM

R269 - Have the fringe removed. We had two beautiful, expensive rugs and the fringe always looked dirty and messy. We had the fringe removed and the borders bound and now I think they're so much nicer.

by Anonymousreply 280July 10, 2021 11:18 AM

I signed up for Informed Delivery from USPS for my PO Box. Love this feature, I don't have to go traipsing over there if nothing of importance awaits me. Why didn't I do this sooner.

by Anonymousreply 281July 10, 2021 12:25 PM

I trimmed the shrubberies and now my arms are itchy. Next time, a strapping youth.

by Anonymousreply 282July 10, 2021 8:50 PM

I stoped gong to my RC church 3 years ago, caught up with one of my choir friend today after all that time. I found out that half of the choir participants have pased. from cancer, heart attack or old age. really sad. made me feal shitty I left without a good by. it was an elderly person choir by the way

by Anonymousreply 283July 11, 2021 2:33 PM

Your lack of spelling skills is whelming, R283.

by Anonymousreply 284July 11, 2021 5:43 PM

R283, I used to visit Lutheran services just for the old women in the front rows bleating hymns. Everyone sight-reads in a Midwestern nasal - musical geese.

by Anonymousreply 285July 11, 2021 7:18 PM

My $5 whiskey rebate arrived early!

by Anonymousreply 286July 11, 2021 7:44 PM

I'm drinking a Martini. My kind of drink, the best cocktail there will ever be. So crisp, clean, elegant....and packs a wallop!

by Anonymousreply 287July 12, 2021 12:16 AM

I'm drinking iced tea. Unsweetened. No lemon.

by Anonymousreply 288July 12, 2021 12:22 AM

[quote]I'm drinking a Martini. My kind of drink, the best cocktail there will ever be. So crisp, clean, elegant....and packs a wallop!

I'm enjoying a delicious Manhattan.

by Anonymousreply 289July 12, 2021 12:30 AM

There are more fireflies than usual this year where I live, but still not all that many.

by Anonymousreply 290July 12, 2021 12:49 AM

My poutine was cold by the time I got home.

by Anonymousreply 291July 12, 2021 1:17 AM

R289 I had a Cosmo earlier. Great minds.

Anyway, it bothers me that it's so hard to find Pepsi products out west. Goddammit, I have to pack my own Dt Mt Dew when I visit CA. That's unacceptable.

by Anonymousreply 292July 12, 2021 1:25 AM

Is it easy being a kept man? In the past when I was 26 I had the possibility of partnering up with a married arab man that was quite wealthy. Think gulf region wealthy but the idea of his sweaty hairy body put me off. Now thinking back I should have at least tried it maybe I would be set for life now. Looking for my own sugar baby 👶

by Anonymousreply 293July 12, 2021 1:08 PM

Goodness. R293's post has more drama than all of the previous 292 posts combined.

by Anonymousreply 294July 12, 2021 4:42 PM

[quote] your systolic (94) is on the low end of normal but your diastolic bp (43) is way too low.

I went to a pulmonologist in NYC last week and when I left they handed me a list visiti summary. I looked at the BP later on and it said 147/43.

This was a specialist’s office in a renowned uni hospital. The person who took my blood pressure was a little old man maybe 80 years old who I think was a medical technician. Because…….duh. 147/43 no es posible.

by Anonymousreply 295July 12, 2021 4:49 PM

I don't want to work today, been feeling like this since a couple of weeks. have two weeks of vacation after this week. I'm really looking forward to this.

by Anonymousreply 296July 13, 2021 5:25 AM

changed my bad habbit of using a towel for almost two weeks to using a fresh one every other day. read somwhere that it is really unhygienic to use a dirty towel for long periods of time. I bought two really big bath sheets from IKEA, they are good qualilty at an affordable price. now I have four large bathtowels.

by Anonymousreply 297July 13, 2021 5:58 AM

I murdered my betta fish. Actually, two betta fish. I put the first one on top of my TV (this was back in the day when TVs weren't slim lined), and I so enjoyed watching him swim around, until he died the next day. After the wake (lol), I got another betta fish and put him in the same place. He didn't last, either.

Finally, I realized that the heat from the TV was slowly boiling them to death! I felt so badly for the poor little guys.

Is this underwhelming or whelming?

by Anonymousreply 298July 13, 2021 7:18 AM

It's currently 56 degrees and cloudy here. There is a coyote running around about a half block from my house.

by Anonymousreply 299July 13, 2021 7:22 AM

Whelming, R98.

by Anonymousreply 300July 13, 2021 7:48 AM

^^ Make that R298. ^^

by Anonymousreply 301July 13, 2021 7:51 AM

It wasn't murder, r298, only involuntary fishslaughter.

by Anonymousreply 302July 13, 2021 9:54 AM

It's trash pick-up day and I managed to get both my garbage and recycling bins to the curb and then return to bed.

by Anonymousreply 303July 13, 2021 2:10 PM

Eh. They come again Friday.

by Anonymousreply 304July 13, 2021 4:46 PM

I think I saw a murder hornet today. I’m going to try to not give it too much thought.

by Anonymousreply 305July 14, 2021 3:05 AM

My house is a mess.

by Anonymousreply 306July 14, 2021 3:18 AM

I’m afraid to go to sleep. I grilled two andouille-flavored chicken sausages but dropped them on the floor. I wasn’t going to go back out there with the mosquitoes, so I washed them off and ate them. Now I’m afraid if I go to sleep, I might not wake up.

by Anonymousreply 307July 14, 2021 4:59 AM

Oh, you’ll wake up r307, you’ll wake up.

by Anonymousreply 308July 14, 2021 5:03 AM

You would have awakened even if you hadn't washed them off, R307. Go ahead and sleep.

by Anonymousreply 309July 14, 2021 6:03 AM

My boss texted to say she doesn’t need me this Thursday.

I am glad, I tell you. GLAD! Looking forward to a completely underwhelming respite.

by Anonymousreply 310July 14, 2021 6:28 AM

r307, if none of your ancestors died because of this, and you were born, you are good to go.

by Anonymousreply 311July 14, 2021 6:37 AM

I'm using this hemorrhoid cream I got on Amazon and my asshole literally feels like it has been sucked up inside itself.

by Anonymousreply 312July 14, 2021 6:39 AM

Meanwhile, R312, the rest of us are feeling rather whelmed right now.

by Anonymousreply 313July 14, 2021 6:44 AM

[quote]R307 Now I’m afraid if I go to sleep, I might not wake up.

No you nap on a cloud for the rest of eternity.

You can handle it.

by Anonymousreply 314July 14, 2021 6:47 AM

R312, link?

by Anonymousreply 315July 14, 2021 6:47 AM

Why do people on the East coast feel free to text West coasters at any hour, without considering the time difference? I’m always getting texts at 4-6 am. Yes my phone is silenced but still. I’d be polite and wait.

by Anonymousreply 316July 14, 2021 12:05 PM

Taking my car in for an oil change today. I hope they don't find any problems.

by Anonymousreply 317July 14, 2021 12:23 PM

I’m fine. Thanks for asking.

by Anonymousreply 318July 14, 2021 5:18 PM

Finally finished a jar of pickles! I had 2 pickles with lunch.

by Anonymousreply 319July 14, 2021 5:23 PM

Getting thunder, lightning, and rain here in northern NJ. Add to this, I had to have my dryer vent cleaned so there was noise this morning at 8:45 am. Cos is NOT amused!

by Anonymousreply 320July 14, 2021 6:59 PM

Cos sounds like a handful, R320.

by Anonymousreply 321July 14, 2021 7:18 PM

I have a girl friend from elementary school that is a grandmother now and we are only 40, she got her first child at 16. time flies by so quick and leaves us all behind.

by Anonymousreply 322July 15, 2021 5:41 AM

I ate dairy with oats before bed and I feel like I'm crowning, but it won't come out. My flatulance is eye watering. No bottoming for me tonight.

by Anonymousreply 323July 15, 2021 6:55 AM

I regret my purchase of a turqoise table runner. Dark blue would look much nicer, but just the idea of shopping for one already exhausts me.

by Anonymousreply 324July 15, 2021 11:03 AM

Originally from NJ as well...

When getting coffee creamer from refrigerator just now, I noticed there's still half of the Wensleydale apricot cheese left.

by Anonymousreply 325July 15, 2021 12:01 PM

Don’t look anyone in the eyes!

by Anonymousreply 326July 15, 2021 3:38 PM

Oh my. I’m sorry to have whelmed, out of the blue. Above in response to

[quote]r16 I’m at Atlanta Hartsfield airport. My flight is delayed. The only food place open is Chick filA. Why are there no clocks? Some kind of mind control?

I panicked.

by Anonymousreply 327July 15, 2021 3:47 PM

I tried the new fancy Italian restaurant that opened nearby. They make “Napoletana” pizzas. They use pappardelle, not ziti. It was terrible. This is NJ, honey. You’ve got competition. If you want to charge more, you have to deliver the goods.

by Anonymousreply 328July 15, 2021 3:50 PM

I prefer pappardelle to ziti.

by Anonymousreply 329July 15, 2021 3:53 PM

Not when it’s soggy

by Anonymousreply 330July 15, 2021 3:55 PM

I think you should take it up with the restaurant, r330, rather than with me. Where is the place? What is its name?

by Anonymousreply 331July 15, 2021 3:56 PM

Are you lost?

by Anonymousreply 332July 15, 2021 3:59 PM

I'm from NJ, are you saying you put pasta on pizza??? When I lived in Seattle, I was complaining how awful the pizza was there to another resident from Trenton (The Burg). He recommended a specific place, which earned him a skeptical look from me. The guy responded: "It's okay, the owner's from New Brunswick!"

The Trentonite also said he considered "vodka penne" about as Italian as General Tzo is Chinese.

by Anonymousreply 333July 15, 2021 4:50 PM

[quote] are you saying you put pasta on pizza???

Um, no.

by Anonymousreply 334July 15, 2021 5:08 PM

That would be whelming. Some would say [italic]over[/italic] whelming.

by Anonymousreply 335July 15, 2021 5:44 PM

I have seen pizza topped with ziti. SMH.

by Anonymousreply 336July 15, 2021 5:54 PM

Had to drive home from the beauty parlor in a lightning storm. Totally shook now!

by Anonymousreply 337July 15, 2021 8:23 PM

[quote]Had to drive home from the beauty parlor in a lightning storm. Totally shook now!

Was your hairdo ruined?

by Anonymousreply 338July 15, 2021 10:30 PM

Buzzcuts hold up well... fancy that!

by Anonymousreply 339July 15, 2021 10:41 PM

I don't like typical NJ/NY/Phila pizza. There's never enough sauce and always too much cheese.

by Anonymousreply 340July 15, 2021 11:50 PM

R299, I am not whelmed by your coyote. I am whelmed by the fact that it's 56 degrees in mid-July. Do you live in Alaska? Eureka, CA?

by Anonymousreply 341July 15, 2021 11:52 PM

I just ate a bag of frozen strawberries. They're not as good as ice cream.

by Anonymousreply 342July 15, 2021 11:53 PM

I find it other way around R340.

I can only laugh at 56F. It'll be 90 here until October.

by Anonymousreply 343July 15, 2021 11:58 PM

I ate too many dark chocolate and turbinado sugar covered almonds. But I regret nothing!

by Anonymousreply 344July 16, 2021 12:27 AM

I sleazed with the movie "Orlando" this afternoon - Jimmy Somerville, Billy Zane, and Thee Tilda Swinton - with all the rest god bless.

Haven't read the book in 20 years and now I have to reread it. Once upon a time, I chewed through everything and could retain plots and themes. At 53, I'm stuck rereading everything. Perhaps I'm demented.

by Anonymousreply 345July 16, 2021 2:47 AM

Cut yourself some slack, r345, if you don’t remember the plot from “Orlando”! It’s strength is in its descriptive passages. (Maybe I’m just rationalizing my own inability to remember it.)

by Anonymousreply 346July 16, 2021 5:27 AM

^ “Its strength”, of course. Where is the edit feature? Now I’m whelmed….

by Anonymousreply 347July 16, 2021 5:28 AM

R345: I have a friend who is a literature professor who retains the details of book plots very well. Myself, I barely retain any details from most books, able to reread them as "like new" with just an impression of how well I liked it the first time.

Anyone else have one of those low-water-use washers (came with my new apt)? I'm making my peace with its quirkiness, but doubt I'd want to buy one myself.

by Anonymousreply 348July 16, 2021 12:12 PM

R321, Cos can be a handful but he's a pretty lovable cat otherwise. He kept me sane while losing my Mom, brother, and sister within 9 months of each other. Working from home during the pandemic, he's been a companion without being a pain in the ass.

I'm on staycation next week. Cos has his annual check-up next Tuesday. I didn't tell him I traded in the Cadillac. Do you think he'll notice?

by Anonymousreply 349July 16, 2021 2:33 PM

Egad, Cosmo - that's a ton of loss!

by Anonymousreply 350July 16, 2021 2:42 PM

R349 Why does Cos have an annual checkup? I'm curious because I have owned (been-owned-by) cats for many years. After their initial vet visits for all necessary vaccinations, they only visited the vet if they exhibited some type of abnormal behavior. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

by Anonymousreply 351July 16, 2021 3:13 PM

Because vets want to make more, silly R351

by Anonymousreply 352July 16, 2021 3:33 PM

R349, I've always had cats that got annual check-ups. He's an indoor cat so he only gets rabies shots every 3 years. He's due for a Feline Distemper shot this time. I adopted him from the same veterinary practice. I get an annual check-up so he does, too. I guess it's a case of better safe than sorry.

Male cats can develop urinary tract issues. I'd like keep ahead of that, in case it happens to him. My sister's cat developed UT issues as has a co-worker's cat. My co-worker is shelling out big bucks now for prescription food from her vet.

by Anonymousreply 353July 16, 2021 3:56 PM

[quote]Anyone else have one of those low-water-use washers (came with my new apt)? I'm making my peace with its quirkiness, but doubt I'd want to buy one myself.

I've known people who say they don't seem to get their laundry as clean. I've had one for a couple of years now and it seems to work just fine. Is it even possible to buy any other kind of washer these days?

by Anonymousreply 354July 16, 2021 4:46 PM

I need to get new batteries for my ThermaPen thermometer, two CR2032.

I'll just have to guestimate the doneness of my meat until then.

by Anonymousreply 355July 16, 2021 4:56 PM

My meat has been done since 2017.

by Anonymousreply 356July 16, 2021 4:58 PM

I find it gets the clothes clean, R254. What's weird is that it agitates dry a few times first in order to gauge the amount of water needed apparently, resulting in most of the clothes lumped in a pile on one side. So, one then has to hit the pause button in order to redistribute the clothes evenly, before resuming the washing cycle itself.

by Anonymousreply 357July 16, 2021 5:41 PM

I had one once. Every wash took hours.

by Anonymousreply 358July 16, 2021 5:44 PM

The "normal" cycle of my dishwasher takes more than three hours from start to finish. How is that supposed to conserve water or energy?

by Anonymousreply 359July 16, 2021 5:45 PM

The turbo cycle (i.e., regular wash) in my new LG dishwasher takes 59 minutes and uses 6.7 gallons of water.

The normal cycle (i.e., slower-than-you-thought-possible wash) takes 3 hours and uses 6.0 gallons of water.

I use the turbo wash.

by Anonymousreply 360July 16, 2021 6:05 PM

R353 Thanks for the response. The last time I took my male cat in to the vet it was for a UT issue. He's now on expensive prescription food but - good news - it's taking care of the problem and we haven't been back to the vet in a couple years. Peter is my first male cat; my females had no issues.

by Anonymousreply 361July 16, 2021 8:31 PM

You're welcome, R353. I hope Peter continues to be UT-free.

by Anonymousreply 362July 16, 2021 8:51 PM

Must read shelf signs more closely: Publix special was buy two (Coke 6 packs), get one free, not two. Still, caffeine-free diet option not easy to find elsewhere. Will pair it with horseradish cheese from New York.

Cosmo, and other cat folks, should consider reading Homer's Odyssey by Gwen Cooper.

by Anonymousreply 363July 17, 2021 5:41 PM

I had hiccups and envisioned two pounds of shit coming up through my nose ala Bolsonaro.

The hiccups passed shit-free.

by Anonymousreply 364July 18, 2021 1:03 AM

I am bored and also exhausted.

by Anonymousreply 365July 18, 2021 1:21 AM

This is a thread that celebrates boredom and the mundane, so you should feel right at home, R365.

by Anonymousreply 366July 18, 2021 1:42 AM

People with low energy are most welcome here.

by Anonymousreply 367July 18, 2021 5:03 AM

I still don't have the nerve to use my new Stihl chain saw. I just know it's going to be noisy.

by Anonymousreply 368July 18, 2021 6:48 AM

My coffee has been a bit bitter lately even after I descaled the machine.

I remembered the old salt trick this morning, added a pinch of salt to the grounds and no more bitter.

by Anonymousreply 369July 18, 2021 11:38 AM

R363 Thanks. I just ordered Homer's Odyssey.

Also, I love horseradish white cheddar especially with turkey or ham.

by Anonymousreply 370July 18, 2021 4:26 PM

I love horseradish in general, R370.

by Anonymousreply 371July 18, 2021 8:56 PM

Prime Rib is an excuse to eat horseradish!

by Anonymousreply 372July 18, 2021 9:07 PM

I just slipped horseradish into my onion potato soup to give it some bass note.

There was a Pokémon convention and grownups are walking around d in pikachu hats. Cute.

by Anonymousreply 373July 18, 2021 9:19 PM

"Walking around" where exactly? The streets? Not trying to be nasty, but confused.

by Anonymousreply 374July 18, 2021 9:47 PM

Downtown Seattle. Tourists - belted shorts, nervous around street people, cardstock pikachu hats.

by Anonymousreply 375July 18, 2021 9:51 PM

OK thanks - I recently left Seattle after nearly 20 years. You were giving me flashbacks to similar events at the SEA Airport DoubleTree.

by Anonymousreply 376July 18, 2021 10:05 PM

I can't believe how much I don't care tomorrow is Monday.

by Anonymousreply 377July 19, 2021 3:34 AM

I was underwhelmed by this on another thread:

[quote]What you want are Japanese raw selvedge denim made on the island of Madarashima, the company is Yokorushimikakarusoto, expect to pau 1200 usd for a pair of jeans, but they will last a lifetime.

by Anonymousreply 378July 19, 2021 6:17 AM

My power went out yesterday at 9:30 am ET. Kept getting bogus updates - power restored by Noon, then 2, then 3, then 7, then 10 pm!! It finally came back on at 9 pm. Around 1 pm, I decided to go for a walk. Went to Panera and had the Southwest Chili salad, it was actually pretty good. The. I walked back home.

by Anonymousreply 379July 19, 2021 1:01 PM

Interesting, Cosmo, as I'm not a fan of Panera sandwiches, but occasionally get rebate (cashback) offers for them on my credit cards. Power outages are something I dread.

We are having a sales tax holiday next week (starting Sat) on computer-related items, and "school supplies" - afraid I'm going to get carried away buying stuff I might not actually "need" but... oh, well...

by Anonymousreply 380July 19, 2021 1:40 PM

I find it kind of depressing that I don’t have anything to report, even to this thread.

by Anonymousreply 381July 19, 2021 7:28 PM

[quote]I find it kind of depressing that I don’t have anything to report, even to this thread.

Which you just reported. That's the beauty of the underwhelmed threads. You don't need to have anything going on in your life to take part in them.

by Anonymousreply 382July 19, 2021 7:56 PM

Tried pizza at a new (to me) place. Unfortunately, not a fan of thin crust style.

by Anonymousreply 383July 19, 2021 8:33 PM

I felt ill today. I decided to eat some pot gummies and stay in bed.

by Anonymousreply 384July 19, 2021 8:41 PM

My pizza experiments are on hiatus - too much money to find out they use shit sauce.

My other issue is that some coat the bottom of the crust with too much corn meal - or whatever that gritty crap is called.

by Anonymousreply 385July 19, 2021 8:42 PM

I spent 2 hours today at the dentist office having my tooth ground down for a crown. Dentist prescribed Percocet for the pain. I probably should have washed it down with water instead of a glass of wine.

by Anonymousreply 386July 20, 2021 2:27 AM

Remember in the 90s when everyone's first response to a physical complaint was, "Do you want a percocet?"

by Anonymousreply 387July 20, 2021 3:53 AM

I wonder in what degree the meds I use have affected my memory and my ability to study or is it plain old age (40). I hope it's not early onset of dementia or something like that.

I have to tell them at the office that I have been accepted at another job, there are reorganizations coming and in October they are deciding who is staying. my chances of staying are slim so I decided to look around, didn't expect to get something else this soon.

by Anonymousreply 388July 20, 2021 5:55 AM

Congratulations on your new job, R388! Whenever layoffs/reorganizations are mentioned in advance, the company is hoping some will resign.

by Anonymousreply 389July 20, 2021 1:18 PM

thx Cosmo. Yes the resignations started coming in already. I saw an general e-mail somebody in my department sent, but I thought I heard he was in negotiations for a higher salary. didn't get it I guess.

by Anonymousreply 390July 20, 2021 2:13 PM

Just finished Andy Weir's new novel, Project Hail Mary. Ripping good read. Got a bit teary-eyed at the end. I understand it is in development for a film starring Ryan Gosling. I wonder who will play Rocky...

by Anonymousreply 391July 20, 2021 4:21 PM

I've been trying to apply privacy film to a couple of windows all morning. Watched all the YTs to no avail. I'm about to pack up all this shit and take it back to Lowe's. I'll need to stop at Culver's for custard afterwards so this day isn't a total loss.

by Anonymousreply 392July 20, 2021 5:33 PM

MMM Custard. Where is Culvers? I could go for a good custard.

by Anonymousreply 393July 20, 2021 5:40 PM

We have Culver's here, but I've never had custard, only burgers.

by Anonymousreply 394July 20, 2021 5:48 PM

Culver's started in Wisconsin I believe but they are popping up all over now. They're known for their ButterBurgers (very good) and custard.

by Anonymousreply 395July 20, 2021 5:50 PM

I just read that Jaws was rated PG back when it was first released in the 70s! That's crazy. I know there was no PG-13 in those days, but still. Quint's death scene made me a bit squeamish even as an adult. Would have given me nightmares if I'd seen it as a kid.

by Anonymousreply 396July 20, 2021 7:10 PM

My cat soiled the rug in the worst possible way.

by Anonymousreply 397July 20, 2021 10:18 PM

R385 is why I love these threads. Or perhaps "love" is too whelming, so I'll say I'm mildly fond of these threads.

R385, thank you for making this point. I totally agree about the "cornmeal", and what IS that stuff? It's on most so-called classic NY and Philly pizzas (which I hate anyway because they never use enough sauce, and what sauce there is is thin and bitter). As you say, it's gritty, and I swear it has a taste even though people look at me like I'm nuts when I say that.

This probably deserves it's own thread but the thought of starting one is whelming.

by Anonymousreply 398July 21, 2021 12:02 AM

^^^ Oh, dearing myself. "Its own thread ...," not "it's."

by Anonymousreply 399July 21, 2021 12:04 AM

I made apple sauce to go with my roast pork tenderloin, by which I mean I simply cut up a honey crisp apple cooked it with butter cinnamon and lemon juice and agave nectar, and mashed it up. I don’t understand why recipes for apple sauce say to peel it. The skin is delicious and nutritious and kind of disappears into the mush anyway

by Anonymousreply 400July 22, 2021 1:35 AM

Fell down a YouTube hole and found this 1997 BBC news report on the Pokemon episode that caused seizures in Japan. This was before Pokemon aired on Western TV, which is presumably why Pikachu is referred to as "Pakucho".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401July 22, 2021 1:48 PM

I'm afraid to watch the llink at R401. It will probably overwhelm me.

by Anonymousreply 402July 22, 2021 3:42 PM

Speaking of youtubes, LilNasX has a new song.

Not as exquisite as Monterro, but it has jail scenery and a shower dance. Also, the kid from SNL who explained NFTs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403July 23, 2021 7:14 AM

I bought an expensive bottle of champagne yesterday and drank it all. I felt great- I am also reading The Sun Also Rises, and all they do is drink.

by Anonymousreply 404July 23, 2021 7:51 AM

Not many believe this, but the difference between the high you get from expensive alcohol is different than the high you get from cheap alcohol.

by Anonymousreply 405July 23, 2021 7:58 AM

The difference is different, R405? Perhaps you've had enough for one night.

by Anonymousreply 406July 23, 2021 9:49 AM

Sometimes I wonder how many people have passed away that used to post here on DataLounge without us knowing and if we knew would it make a difference.

by Anonymousreply 407July 23, 2021 10:21 AM

My Amazon order of one USB cable just arrived. The envelope could have easily contained at least four boxes, possibly more. Do they only use XL size ones for everything?

by Anonymousreply 408July 23, 2021 8:51 PM

A bee stung my index finger when I filled the hummingbird feeders this morning. This is my first bee sting ever. At first I was overwhelmed and then I googled Bee Sting Remedies. I made a paste of baking soda and water. It's an hour later and I am no longer overwhelmed. I'm probably simply whelmed right now but hope to be underwhelmed in another hour.

by Anonymousreply 409July 25, 2021 4:11 PM

R409 Those fuckers hurt. It’s such a startling pain, rather unique.

by Anonymousreply 410July 25, 2021 5:31 PM

Sometimes overwhelmed can turn to underwhelmed in a heartbeat.

Trigger Warning:

Last night when my car was flashing its Gas Tank Empty icon, it began just slowly coasting along and wouldn’t respond to anything. I was mildly alarmed, thinking, “This has never happened to me.”

But I had mistakenly shifted into Neutral, somehow, and after realizing this I continued my boring drive home. (I stopped at the gas station, of course.)

by Anonymousreply 411July 25, 2021 5:48 PM

I've started a project to memorize playing card divination meanings, one card daily via random draw. Since I'm using a deck from Absolut vodka, here's the recipe on card: ABSOLUT CHILL - 1 part Absolut Mandarin, 3 parts orange juice, and a splash of lime juice. Not too whelming...

(no, I don't plan on more posts on this subject)

by Anonymousreply 412July 25, 2021 6:55 PM

I wouldn’t mind if you did r412, perhaps on another thread.

by Anonymousreply 413July 25, 2021 7:24 PM

Yes. In another thread.

This isn’t a thread for boooze an’ DOPE.

by Anonymousreply 414July 25, 2021 9:51 PM

R409 here. The bee sting pain subsided after a couple hours and now I'm back to being underwhelmed, particularly since I'm watching Bonfire of the Vanities on TCM. I'm an hour into it and will be turning it off shortly to take a nap.

by Anonymousreply 415July 25, 2021 10:31 PM

The Olympics are on in the background, and I'm watching desultorily. There are not enough scantily clad men to hold my interest.

I do wonder how the male runners control their bulges so stringently, but that topic is too whelming for this thread.

by Anonymousreply 416July 25, 2021 11:05 PM

R415 Oh good lord I DVRd that a few weeks ago and tried to watch it last weekend. Truly unwatchable. It hurts me to see probably my favorite novel destroyed.

I’ve been lying by the pool all day reading Steven Gaines’s biography of Halston. His writing is always entertaining. I’ve just finished my first gin and tonic and will soon have another, even though I semi-vowed I would not drink today. I’ll sort myself out Monday morning.

by Anonymousreply 417July 25, 2021 11:26 PM

I have to go to the bank for a certified check and then to the (get this) Post Office.

I feel so 20th century.

by Anonymousreply 418July 26, 2021 6:38 PM

I had put away my face masks. I’m going to dig them out. Fucking MAGAs.

by Anonymousreply 419July 26, 2021 6:40 PM

I watched the "Sex in the City" marathon on E! this weekend. When you watch a marathon of the show, you can really see how bad the final 2 or seasons were.

by Anonymousreply 420July 26, 2021 6:59 PM

I have never seen SATC. I remember SJP from the show Square Pegs decades ago.

Making my way through the Father Brown videos via library Hoopla account. They are silly, but that works for me.

by Anonymousreply 421July 26, 2021 7:07 PM

For myself, I’m back to rewatching “The Great British Baking Show”.

Prue was a step down from Mary Berry, and now we’re stuck with some overly mellow blonde thing. But browsing for new titles is whelming.

by Anonymousreply 422July 26, 2021 7:55 PM

The post office no longer has vending machines selling stamps. You have to wait on the long line just to buy stamps. Probably because they change the price of first class mail so often, it’s too much trouble to reset the vending machines.

by Anonymousreply 423July 26, 2021 8:12 PM

My TiVo recorded what it calls “Season 1” of GBBS/GBBO which is being rerun on PBS. It’s not actually the first season. I had already watched it on Netflix, but it’s not as if that actually matters. I watched it again. I figured the contestants I remember best are the ones who made it the longest.

Yum. Swiss Rolls.

by Anonymousreply 424July 26, 2021 8:18 PM

I get tired of hearing the word “sponge” on GBBS.

by Anonymousreply 425July 26, 2021 8:58 PM

Runners Up: “Victoria” and “Swiss Roll”.

by Anonymousreply 426July 26, 2021 9:05 PM

I’m thinking about going to the flea market at the local drive-in on Thursday. They have a farmers’ market area in addition to plaster and the usual ‘garage sale’ goods.

by Anonymousreply 427July 27, 2021 1:16 AM

I don’t know where plaster came from, I think I meant plants. ^

by Anonymousreply 428July 27, 2021 1:17 AM

Plants… plaster; load up on it all.

Choices are whelming.

by Anonymousreply 429July 27, 2021 1:20 AM

I'm watching Season 3 of Vanderpump Rules on Bravo. I feel like I need a shot of penicillin! Everyone has fucked everyone/is fucking everyone/wants to fuck someone.

by Anonymousreply 430July 27, 2021 5:33 PM

I took care of four dreaded tasks that I have been procrastinating over for a long time, but I don’t feel good.

by Anonymousreply 431July 28, 2021 8:20 PM

I’m washing my whites and having a vodka soda.

by Anonymousreply 432July 28, 2021 9:46 PM

I stopped by the bank earlier to break a $5 into 16 quarters and 15 dimes. The water here is not suitable for coffee making (both taste and rough on machines), with Publix machines dispensing refills at 35 cents per gallon.

by Anonymousreply 433July 28, 2021 10:03 PM

The building envelope has been re-caulked. I could not be more underwhelmed by a condo maintenance task.

by Anonymousreply 434July 29, 2021 4:22 AM

I just stir-fried some steak and broccoli for lunch, but the broccoli was very bitter. I didn’t eat it.

I’ll steam it next time.

by Anonymousreply 435July 29, 2021 11:31 AM

I just got a tornado warning. Oh please. As if.

by Anonymousreply 436July 29, 2021 9:38 PM

My cat got himself trapped in the upstairs shower. He must have used bath towels to climb up and over the door.

by Anonymousreply 437July 29, 2021 9:44 PM

I need to buy a new mattress. I bought one of those gel memory foam combination ones hoping it would help with my bad shoulder and it has, but it's a little too firm for my liking even after having it a couple of years.

by Anonymousreply 438July 29, 2021 10:08 PM

I bought three 500 count boxes of Qtip cotton swabs by mistake. Now, where to store the two extra boxes until needed? Such a dilemma!

by Anonymousreply 439July 29, 2021 11:09 PM

My tricep hurts.

by Anonymousreply 440July 29, 2021 11:23 PM

LOL R439 how did you buy it by mistake! Maybe some nursing homes or animal shelters could use the extra? That is a fuck ton of Q-tips.

by Anonymousreply 441July 30, 2021 12:45 AM

Perhaps, R439, you could use them for a crafts project, such a building a replica of the White House.

by Anonymousreply 442July 30, 2021 1:34 AM

My place they'd go on the top shelf in the bathroom dedicated to stuff I'd rarely, if ever, need, R439.

by Anonymousreply 443July 30, 2021 2:14 AM

just learned today that a friend I had from some time back has passed away at 56 years old. I kind of lost touch with her some time ago but I always got news from her on my FB newsfeed.

by Anonymousreply 444August 1, 2021 6:48 AM

Sorry about your friend r444. It's tough to lose a peer.

by Anonymousreply 445August 1, 2021 7:00 AM

I am dog sitting for a friend, and am underwhelmed by the apples in the back yard on this visit. Too small and immature!

I invited a friend over for an apple crisp later and now, goddess give me strength, I have to [italic]go to the store.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446August 1, 2021 6:07 PM

Throw those apples in some vodka and in abt 2 wks you can have appletinis!!

by Anonymousreply 447August 1, 2021 6:44 PM

I bought Granny Smith and honey crisp apples… and a kinder, gentler peeler than they have (with a rubber handle that won’t whelm)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448August 1, 2021 7:35 PM

I am beginning to perceive actual hostility from my vacuum clear, which has been sitting out for two days without use.

by Anonymousreply 449August 1, 2021 7:54 PM

Two days? That’s nothing.

by Anonymousreply 450August 1, 2021 8:26 PM

You can silence it’s unspoken judgment by placing a big box marked GIVEAWAY near it. Toss in a few Sox, maybe a broken appliance.

Vacuums can’t see too well but it will get the message.

by Anonymousreply 451August 1, 2021 8:26 PM

I weighed myself tonight, for the first time since the beginning of the pandemic. I am now deeply, deeply whelmed…

by Anonymousreply 452August 1, 2021 11:22 PM

[quote]Two days? That’s nothing.

I generally have to dust off my vacuum cleaner before I use it.

by Anonymousreply 453August 2, 2021 12:20 AM

I have to collect a doody to screen for colon cancer. Maybe I should have gone for the colonoscopy.

by Anonymousreply 454August 2, 2021 3:31 PM

Excuse me—I have to drop off a box of shit at the UPS store.

by Anonymousreply 455August 2, 2021 7:26 PM

Easy poop collection method. Take it from the wiping paper. Don't tey to fish it out of the bowl or poop on saran wrap or any of the other dumb methods people tell you.

by Anonymousreply 456August 2, 2021 8:06 PM

I'm going out for my daily walk.

Cos has been fed but appears to be underwhelmed by Savory Centers Chicken flavor. Unfortunately for him, I can only find Savory Centers in the variety pack. That means 3 cans of chicken per box. Gotta suck it up, buddy. He loves the Salmon and Tuna flavors but tolerates the Beef.

by Anonymousreply 457August 2, 2021 8:45 PM

R456, Cologuard wants a whole dookie. They give you a large container and a bracket to hold it in place over the bowel and under the toilet seat. Easy.

by Anonymousreply 458August 2, 2021 8:52 PM

I watched a psychic who said she sees movement for libras thus week!

by Anonymousreply 459August 2, 2021 9:56 PM

I just chowed down on crackers, cheese, and peanut butter on toast. Usually I feel disgusting after doing that, but I feel pretty good. It's so hot out, I think I needed salt.

by Anonymousreply 460August 2, 2021 11:15 PM

There are constructions workers right outside my window. My neighbor is installing fancy curbs around his driveway. They are not cute and it is not hot so they are not sweaty.

by Anonymousreply 461August 3, 2021 3:24 PM

I love watching predator sting videos on Youtube.

by Anonymousreply 462August 3, 2021 6:56 PM

There's a dead mouse in my kitchen and it's starting to stink.

by Anonymousreply 463August 3, 2021 6:57 PM

^get a cat

by Anonymousreply 464August 3, 2021 7:02 PM

Listening to a very well narrated audiobook while still avoiding vacuuming.

by Anonymousreply 465August 3, 2021 7:08 PM

Clicking though the Amazon Fresh site and being disappointed at: how many items are out of stock, 2) how overpriced their seafood is.

by Anonymousreply 466August 3, 2021 7:10 PM

Last night I met Tom Daley while he was out walking his dog, a little grey poodle. He told me it was twenty-eight years old. I suppressed the urge to exclaim that there is no way in fuck that a dog would live to that age.

by Anonymousreply 467August 3, 2021 9:28 PM

I made roast beef tonight, but it turned out very rare. I think my oven is broken.

by Anonymousreply 468August 3, 2021 9:54 PM

^ I meant to type I DREAMED I met Tom Daley. As far as I'm aware, he does not actually have a twenty-eight-year-old dog.

by Anonymousreply 469August 3, 2021 9:55 PM

There is a fly in my living room, and I hate it so, so much.

by Anonymousreply 470August 3, 2021 9:59 PM

r467 He must have meant in dog years, i.e., his dog is four years old.

by Anonymousreply 471August 3, 2021 10:16 PM

[quote]I meant to type I DREAMED I met Tom Daley.

That does make a big difference.

by Anonymousreply 472August 4, 2021 12:50 AM

Recently at Dollar Tree I could not decide between a blue or black Sharpie, so bought one of each.

by Anonymousreply 473August 4, 2021 6:19 PM

R473's post is the epitome of "underwhelming." Good job!

by Anonymousreply 474August 4, 2021 7:16 PM

I still want a red one - maybe next time?

by Anonymousreply 475August 4, 2021 7:19 PM

R473 is living large!

by Anonymousreply 476August 4, 2021 7:46 PM

R473 is my hero!

Guess what? I'll be going for my daily walk in about an hour. Also, my medical carrier is offering a 12-month free subscription to Peloton; no bike or treadmill required. I can't wait to sign up!

by Anonymousreply 477August 4, 2021 8:06 PM

I was thinking of Cos cat earlier, Cosmo.

Speaking of exertions, on my 5 minute walk to lunch I ran across several wild ducks. Later, the restaurateuse and I bonded over a mutual hatred of cucumber.

by Anonymousreply 478August 4, 2021 8:11 PM

I can’t imagine hating cucumber. It’s just there for some crunch.

by Anonymousreply 479August 4, 2021 8:29 PM

It tastes very bitter to me, as does celery.

by Anonymousreply 480August 4, 2021 8:45 PM

I was watching “12 Monkeys” and I saw the antique rug I have in my dining room in a set in the movie. As you can imagine, it was quite a thrill.

by Anonymousreply 481August 4, 2021 9:03 PM

Like many I put on a lot of weight these past couple of years. So I've been dieting and am happy to report I have lost 3 pounds since mid July. Only 22 more to go.

by Anonymousreply 482August 5, 2021 1:42 AM

It was a Whittal Anglo-Persian rug in the Bird of Paradise design.

Rather like this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483August 5, 2021 5:11 AM

R478, Cos is great! Thanks for asking. He had a vet visit at the end of last month.

He gained .8 lbs over the last year so I've reduced his dry food. He's not happy about it but I don't want him to get any heavier. He's just over 14 lbs. He's a neutered indoor cat who spends his time watching the birds and sleeping. We BOTH could stand to lose a few lbs.

by Anonymousreply 484August 5, 2021 2:24 PM

Decided to use my "official" orange signature here as well as at Jeopardy threads; it's the name of a multi-night champ's cat which kept coming up in contestant chit-chat with Alex. Folks there use Mister C. for reference to my posts.

Following 7 minutes of grueling exertion the vacuum has been put away at last. Once again unable to decide between options, today I purchased cartons of cherry [italic]and[/italic] lemon-lime sparkling water!

by Anonymousreply 485August 5, 2021 7:04 PM

I just discovered the singer King Princess is the great-great-granddaughter of Isidor & Ida Strauss, the couple who famously refused to be separated as the Titanic sank.

by Anonymousreply 486August 5, 2021 10:18 PM

As long as you understand ignoredar will reveal all your anonymous posts, MisterCocoa

by Anonymousreply 487August 5, 2021 10:53 PM

I’m getting my first ever Covid test tomorrow. It’s my uncle’s 90th Birthday party on Sunday and my cousin wants people to feel safe. Everyone’s vaccinated, so testing is probably not needed, but wth.

by Anonymousreply 488August 5, 2021 11:11 PM

I havent really cooked much all summer. Yesterday I made crockpot sweet potato chili. Today I made waldorf chicken salad.

by Anonymousreply 489August 5, 2021 11:12 PM

I get it, R487.

Have a great time, R488!

by Anonymousreply 490August 5, 2021 11:14 PM

For some reason my dishwasher isn't smelling as "fresh" as I'd like so am considering lemon scented detergent in future.

by Anonymousreply 491August 7, 2021 12:03 AM

I think there are dishwasher cleaning tablets you can buy, R491. No actual manual cleaning required.

by Anonymousreply 492August 7, 2021 12:21 AM

I meant pods by detergent. I'm the first user of the dishwasher, but the water here is so hard as to be almost solid!

by Anonymousreply 493August 7, 2021 12:36 AM

Check the drain filter.

by Anonymousreply 494August 7, 2021 1:01 AM

Suddenly, crickets.

by Anonymousreply 495August 7, 2021 1:01 AM

It’s oppressive and I’m feelin bitchy

by Anonymousreply 496August 7, 2021 1:08 AM

Hope to connect with poster above who was going to learn how to read a regular card deck. How is it going? The only thing different from Tarot to regular card deck is major arcana. How is it going for you?

by Anonymousreply 497August 7, 2021 5:14 AM

It's going well, thanks. I've found that even the cards which seem to have several attributes can be distilled well enough. I have many decks from a buying binge a while back. Will reference cards from time to time here as appropriate, not wanting to hijack thread though.

by Anonymousreply 498August 7, 2021 7:04 AM

I have a small amount of leftover Harvarti, but opening a package of crackers seems like too much work, so will have the cheese by itself I think.

by Anonymousreply 499August 8, 2021 6:51 PM

R499, you think like I think.

by Anonymousreply 500August 8, 2021 6:55 PM

My gaming laptop won't turn on and I am a bit whelmed. I will have to take it to the computer repair shop tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 501August 8, 2021 7:06 PM

I subscribed to Hulu this week. When I finish typing this post, I shall continue bingeing (binging?) on The Rookie.

by Anonymousreply 502August 8, 2021 8:58 PM

I use bingeing, otherwise it rhymes with "pinging".

by Anonymousreply 503August 8, 2021 9:36 PM

Now that you typed them both, they both look weird to me. Overwhelmed! Need to lie down now...

by Anonymousreply 504August 9, 2021 2:06 AM

"Bingeing" is the preferred form of the present participle, R502, but either is correct.

by Anonymousreply 505August 9, 2021 3:25 AM

I hate my new haircut.

by Anonymousreply 506August 9, 2021 3:28 PM

Yesterday, I tried to hook up my Apple 4k in my living room. That meant moving the main Altice One modem to the second bedroom. Everything was good for a bit but I lost internet intermittently. I decided (wrongly) that the issue was the 4K device so I moved the main Altice One modem back to the living room. Still no internet. I reboot 3 times and nothing. I called CS for assistance; they reported that they were not receiving a signal and there was a problem with the modem.

It suddenly dawned on my that I didn't screw the cable into the back of the Altice Modem which is needed for internet service! The CS Rep and I shared a good laugh over that one. Now I have to move the AO Modem to the 2nd bedroom and set up the Apple 4K in the living room.

by Anonymousreply 507August 9, 2021 5:29 PM

I brought my laptop to Computer Hut today. They say they will need a few days to fix it. I am a bit whelmed as my WoW guild expects me to raid with them tomorrow night. I am a holy priest and my role is necessary for success in the raid. Whelmed.

by Anonymousreply 508August 9, 2021 6:28 PM

After I returned from Total Wine, I realized no loyalty points are earned for payment by gift card.

by Anonymousreply 509August 9, 2021 6:56 PM

I just spent $600 at Strivectin.com

by Anonymousreply 510August 9, 2021 7:56 PM

London.

I went down to Kensington High Street for lunch. Wholefoods have gotten rid of all seating and I wanted a slice of pizza. The pizza was soft and floppy so I needed a knife and fork and had to eat it balanced on scaffolding in front of the store.

Across the street is a new "Food Court". It's brand new but already feels old and sleazy. How did they manage that?

Incredible offer on spades at Wilko so I bought two (my expensive spade broke in two last week - hopefully these cheapies will have a longer life).

by Anonymousreply 511August 9, 2021 10:55 PM

I had that thing last night where you just. cannot. get comfy, no matter how much you shift around the bed. Couldn't fall asleep for ages.

by Anonymousreply 512August 10, 2021 12:56 AM

R508 is Computer Hut run by Gilligan? For some reason I envision a quaint palapa...

by Anonymousreply 513August 10, 2021 1:10 AM

I wish it was R513. In fact, it was I who chose Gilligan as the TV character I would like to have dinner with in that other thread.

by Anonymousreply 514August 10, 2021 12:27 PM

R507 here. Modem and Apple 4K unit all set up! That's the good news. Now I can't get my cordless phone to work. I bought AT&T units. In the instructions, it says if you have high-speed internet, you need a DSL filter. WTF is that?? My local Ace Hardware store has them in stock. Guess I'm going for a drive this afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 515August 10, 2021 12:34 PM

My local Double Tree is near-meltdown. Woman ahead of me said "They need to shut down for a day or two and focus solely on stocking."

No red Sharpie, but I did buy some regular-sized styrofoam cups as the large ones I have turned out too big.

by Anonymousreply 516August 10, 2021 1:39 PM

Sir, this is a Doubletree.

by Anonymousreply 517August 10, 2021 4:10 PM

Thanks for catching my Dollar Tree error!

by Anonymousreply 518August 10, 2021 4:21 PM

The spare pair of blue espadrilles I ordered while the sale tax was waived recently should arrive tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 519August 11, 2021 9:31 PM

London.

I drove out to Wandsworth to dump my old printers and something else, I've forgotten. I was held up because you need to make an appointment and fiddle around with your mobile phone now. I was going to turn round but he let me through.

by Anonymousreply 520August 11, 2021 9:36 PM

The lounge in my apt building has a coffee/tea machine, but they seem to have swapped out green tea for lemon. Disappointing as to whether I should accept that fate, or bring some black decaf with me?

by Anonymousreply 521August 12, 2021 6:02 PM

I moved my WFH desk from the living room to the second bedroom. I miss the open balcony but this set up allows me to not see my home office every day. Cos has gotten used to it, too.

by Anonymousreply 522August 12, 2021 8:13 PM

Bought a new washing machine. They are delivering it today I did not remove the old one until now and my oh my 10 years without cleaning behind it can be quite disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 523August 13, 2021 9:02 AM

My neighbor replaced his driveway. I’m inhaling asphalt fumes. He decided to pave over half of his back yard. Looks terrible.

by Anonymousreply 524August 13, 2021 3:35 PM

I bought a toaster oven! It has a convection so it’s also an air-fryer, not that I have anything to air-fry.

by Anonymousreply 525August 13, 2021 8:32 PM

I have some frozen sausages and burgers you can borrow, R525.

I bought my toaster oven (which is not an air fryer), for its baby blue color.

by Anonymousreply 526August 13, 2021 8:36 PM

If I got a fancier model I could have had a choice of colors, but it didn’t seem worth an extra $75 since I think the color is the only difference besides the fact that they now label the product a toaster oven/air-fryer to catch the trend.

by Anonymousreply 527August 13, 2021 8:45 PM

I jogged outside for an hour today. Haven't done that in ages and it felt great.

by Anonymousreply 528August 14, 2021 1:16 AM

Congrats! At 90 degrees and high humidity here, that wouldn't work for more than a few minutes.

by Anonymousreply 529August 14, 2021 1:37 AM

I have a helluva drive tomorrow to meet friends for an underwhelming breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 530August 14, 2021 5:03 AM

I’m told this thread has been closed off to free-loaders. Should we start a new one early?

by Anonymousreply 531August 14, 2021 4:50 PM

I think we should finish this one. The freeloaders can wait.

by Anonymousreply 532August 14, 2021 6:10 PM

I second that emotion.

I needed $18 at Walgreens today towards an expiring offer; of course, my order came to $17.98 pre-tax. Instead of beating myself up over it, I told myself "There'll be other opportunities."

by Anonymousreply 533August 14, 2021 6:58 PM

You couldn’t find a pack of Doublemint r533?

by Anonymousreply 534August 14, 2021 9:45 PM

I misjudged how much I'd spent. In future, I'll not cut it so close.

by Anonymousreply 535August 14, 2021 10:01 PM

Are the Olympics over?

by Anonymousreply 536August 14, 2021 10:50 PM

Yes, several days ago.

by Anonymousreply 537August 14, 2021 11:00 PM

I’m thrilled to announce that Nancy has agreed to be my emotional support cat.

by Anonymousreply 538August 15, 2021 5:13 PM

I made french toast for breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 539August 15, 2021 5:51 PM

School starts today. It's 7:45 am and I can already hear the overly enthusiastic crossing guard lady down the street bellowing greetings at passing cars at the top of her lungs. Ommmmm.......

by Anonymousreply 540August 16, 2021 2:45 PM

Not really happy about the Apple 4K device. For some reason, it's so much slower than my cable. It's probably 10-15 second slower. It sucks when my sister and I are watching a program together at our separate houses. She talks about stuff I haven't seen yet. Now, it's in the 2nd bedroom which is WFH office.

by Anonymousreply 541August 16, 2021 4:30 PM

Whenever I make toast, the voice in my mind is that faux Chloe Sevigny saying to-ast.

by Anonymousreply 542August 16, 2021 5:01 PM

I want to get the starlink setup for my mother. She lives in the carribean where the service is not so reliable.

by Anonymousreply 543August 16, 2021 5:46 PM

[quote]School starts today. It's 7:45 am and I can already hear the overly enthusiastic crossing guard lady down the street bellowing greetings at passing cars at the top of her lungs

Summer seemed to just fly by for you, didn't it, R540?

by Anonymousreply 544August 16, 2021 6:48 PM

It’s still summer in Illinois.

by Anonymousreply 545August 16, 2021 8:04 PM

Yesterday, I put a small amount of salt in my coffee grounds; today, I did not. I like it better without.

by Anonymousreply 546August 16, 2021 8:36 PM

I’ve never heard of salting coffee.

by Anonymousreply 547August 16, 2021 10:14 PM

I would never salt my fucking coffee!

by Anonymousreply 548August 16, 2021 10:16 PM

It's supposed to make it "less bitter" so I decided to see for myself. Cinnamon is supposed to work also, but all it did was add cinnamon flavor, which didn't interest me.

by Anonymousreply 549August 16, 2021 10:19 PM

Yuk 🤮

by Anonymousreply 550August 16, 2021 10:21 PM

Fat (in cream or milk) cuts the bitterness.

by Anonymousreply 551August 16, 2021 10:23 PM

Apparently, adding "a pinch of salt" to grounds is a popular secret/trick by those in the know. I added less than a quarter teaspoon to three heaping scoops of coffee.

by Anonymousreply 552August 16, 2021 10:24 PM

It’s a way to make bad/cheap coffee more palatable.

by Anonymousreply 553August 16, 2021 10:28 PM

WHAT’S THE BEST WAY TO ADD SALT TO COFFEE?

Two of the big questions around adding salt to coffee are when you should do it and how much you should use. While Sara suggests adding salt to your coffee grounds before you brew, not everyone agrees.

David Jameson is Head of Coffee and Sustainability at Bewley’s Tea and Coffee. He tells me that whenever he’s added salt to coffee, it has always been the final stage, into a brewed cup.

“It’s much easier to control dosage this way,” David says. “It might be advisable to pull a shot, or prepare a drip coffee first, assess its bitterness, and then start adding salt, increasing the amount until the perfect taste profile is achieved.”

The approach put forward by coffee consultant and World Barista Champion James Hoffmann goes even further. Rather than adding salt crystals directly to brewed coffee, Hoffmann created a solution with a fixed salt concentration that can be dripped into the coffee.

He found that adding 0.3g of a saline solution with 20% concentration noticeably improved the taste and mouthfeel of a low-quality instant coffee.

“A pinch of salt (around 0.5g of salt for a 1L brew) could increase the sweetness of coffee subtly and decrease the bitterness at the same time,” Sara says.

Meanwhile, coffee roasting expert Scott Rao found that 0.15g of salt per 100g of brewed coffee yielded the best tasting results, for both espresso and filter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554August 16, 2021 10:30 PM

I really don’t give a fuck for your scientific explanation for adding table salt to your coffee. It’s gross!

by Anonymousreply 555August 16, 2021 10:33 PM

I have no saline solution on hand, nor a gram scale. So, a few grains in a poured cup? I take it with two Equal and a splash of milk.

Honestly did not think this discussion would inflame such passion.

by Anonymousreply 556August 16, 2021 10:43 PM

Last night I dreamed an extremely unpleasant relative of mine had died at 72. My only regret was that he had died before I could tell him what a horrible man he was. Clearly, Subconscious Me is more ruthless than I realised.

by Anonymousreply 557August 16, 2021 10:44 PM

I’ve had similar dreams r557. Telling off the dead in my sleep.

by Anonymousreply 558August 16, 2021 11:09 PM

Language, R548 and R555!

by Anonymousreply 559August 17, 2021 1:27 AM

the salt in coffee thing is if you make it with a drip machine then you add the salt to the ground coffee. not to already made coffee that would be disgusting indeed. and you don't add the whole salter just a tinny pinch.

by Anonymousreply 560August 17, 2021 8:59 AM

One expert says he does add the salt crystals to the coffee cup after brewing.

by Anonymousreply 561August 17, 2021 11:13 AM

For those working from home and with a TV handy, the 1st season of RHONY is on. Watching Alex and Simon right now. Bethenny and the Countess are actually being friends!

by Anonymousreply 562August 17, 2021 3:18 PM

During my monthly outing to the beauty parlor, my stylist (buzzcut and beard trim) kindly offered me a free visit for October when we were talking about birthdays. I have no intention of reminding him (claiming that), but I was touched by the gesture.

by Anonymousreply 563August 17, 2021 7:36 PM

I tried the almond-crusted chicken at Panda express tonight. It was pretty good except you couldn't tell there was chicken inside; it was all about the breading.

by Anonymousreply 564August 18, 2021 2:06 AM

I think bug bites, like pot and viruses and everything else, are getting stronger. I've had a little mosquito bite on my foot for a week now, and it seems to be growing more powerfully itchy by the day.

by Anonymousreply 565August 19, 2021 1:55 PM

Had some hot cakes at McDonald’s with sugar free syrup. Back in bed with dogs. Feel like shit today. It’s gonna be 95 degrees.

by Anonymousreply 566August 19, 2021 3:19 PM

I was looking forward to spending the day at the MVC transferring the title to my car, but apparently you need an appointment now to do anything there. Well, La-tee-fricking-dah.

by Anonymousreply 567August 19, 2021 4:46 PM

Speaking of motor vehicle departments, my inspection sticker expires in three days. Going to a private service station for inspections isn't an option where I live, and the lines at the official site are always very long, but I was nevertheless planning to go today. But it's 92 degrees here, and tomorrow the high will be only 78, so I feel good about my decision to procrastinate further.

by Anonymousreply 568August 19, 2021 5:53 PM

They had no Lemon Dunkers at Aldi today - will try again later in the month.

by Anonymousreply 569August 19, 2021 6:27 PM

I'm watching Faye Dunaway on Grey's Anatomy. She sure can overact!

by Anonymousreply 570August 20, 2021 6:35 PM

R570, How odd. I’ve always found her performances rather nuanced and understated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571August 20, 2021 6:48 PM

I went to a brewpub here in FL today. Instead of Foosball, they had table shuffleboard. Why was I not surprised?

by Anonymousreply 572August 21, 2021 9:11 PM

It's raining all day here thanks to tropical storm Henri. Just watching YouTube videos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573August 22, 2021 2:17 PM

I opened a bottle of Portuguese red wine today. Learn from my mistake and stick with their whites.

by Anonymousreply 574August 22, 2021 10:30 PM

My fucking snack drawer is EMPTY!

by Anonymousreply 575August 22, 2021 10:41 PM

The trash can next to my desk is too small and is overflowing, but I keep throwing things on top. Emptying it would be too whelming.

by Anonymousreply 576August 22, 2021 11:27 PM

Empty the damned trash can! Afterwards, you can fan yourself while sipping herbal tea.

by Anonymousreply 577August 22, 2021 11:34 PM

Which one of you bitches is the marketing director for the Kissimmee, FL tourism board?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578August 23, 2021 4:25 PM

The idea of going anywhere near an Orlando area theme park overwhelmes me, let alone actually doing so!

by Anonymousreply 579August 23, 2021 5:33 PM

[quote]r507 Yesterday, I tried to hook up my Apple 4k in my living room. That meant moving the main Altice One modem to the second bedroom.

Oh my god! Are you alright??

Call movers next time[quote] : o

by Anonymousreply 580August 23, 2021 5:44 PM

[quote]R532 I think we should finish this one. The freeloaders can wait.

This is the hottest, most exclusive thread on the board. I’m sorry, but I don’t want a gang of non paying hooligans barging in here and whelming us with their freewheeling [italic]excitements.[/italic]

I pay $1.50 a month here and have rights.

by Anonymousreply 581August 23, 2021 5:54 PM

R580, it wasn't a monumental task but I managed it, if you were being serious. Otherwise, I got the sarcasm.

On a related note, I had the cable tech here on Friday to install new equipment because I ordered 1G speed and needed a different modem. I had no phone service and he said to wait about 45 minutes. Well, no phone service at all Friday and Saturday afternoon. Called CS and received escalated tech support. Problem was, we got disconnected and the tech kept calling my home number!! HELLO! No phone service means no phone service. They finally got it working after speaking with 3 techs because I had to call them back and got someone different each time. Sometimes technology is wonderful and sometimes it's a fucking pain in the ass!

by Anonymousreply 582August 23, 2021 6:33 PM

[quote] They finally got it working after speaking with 3 techs because I had to call them back and got someone different each time.

See also: Uber

by Anonymousreply 583August 23, 2021 6:44 PM

We had 7+ inches of rain this weekend, and my basement is dry. Whew!

by Anonymousreply 584August 23, 2021 7:32 PM

Congrats, R584! At our first house in New Jersey where I lived until High School, we had to make a family project of bailing out the basement every time there was anything more than a modest passing shower. Naturally, the buyers made it a condition of sale that we install a pump at our expense.

by Anonymousreply 585August 23, 2021 8:24 PM

Sadly, summer is over where I live. Leaves are turning. We will be lucky to get over 20 deg c. It will happen but not on the regular. I still have lots of tomatoes coming so I hope it won't freeze overnight for another 3 weeks.

by Anonymousreply 586August 23, 2021 9:23 PM

What are you going to do with all the tomatoes? It won't get much below 30 during the day here for a few more weeks.

by Anonymousreply 587August 23, 2021 9:25 PM

Just had the most amazing ham and gruyere sandwich on toasted sourdough, with a thin layer of hot mustard on one side.

by Anonymousreply 588August 23, 2021 9:31 PM

They are cherry tomatoes so I plan to devour them and give some away. I have already given one large colander full away and eaten most of another colander since beginning of Aug. I have never had so many cherry tomatoes from 2 plants. I will get another big colander full for sure!

by Anonymousreply 589August 23, 2021 9:34 PM

Getting LinkedIn connection requests from random networking trolls makes me sleepy.

by Anonymousreply 590August 23, 2021 10:29 PM

I’m totally overwhelmed today. That’s all, that’s all.

by Anonymousreply 591August 23, 2021 10:36 PM

Oh, but I did get a leak in the roof!

by Anonymousreply 592August 23, 2021 11:18 PM

Had some dental work done yesterday. I was prescribed a small prescription (5 days) of Tylenol with codeine. It didn't do anything for the pain. After 4 hours, I took 2 Advil and felt great. Why does Advil work better than a prescription pain med??

by Anonymousreply 593August 25, 2021 12:31 PM

The other day I damaged the screen on my ancient Sony eReader; there was a previous minor ding, but this one is pretty hard to ignore. So, I ordered a refurbished Kobo just now.

by Anonymousreply 594August 25, 2021 2:35 PM

Tylenol doesn't work as well for me either Cosmo. And it also bungs me up!

by Anonymousreply 595August 25, 2021 4:53 PM

Had a mobile vet visit my 22 yr old cat yesterday. He was excellent with the old boy so no one was unnecessarily whelmed.

by Anonymousreply 596August 25, 2021 4:56 PM

[quote]Why does Advil work better than a prescription pain med??

Tylenol doesn't work for things like back pain because it isn't an anti-inflammatory, which Advil is. But it's what doctors usually recommend because it's less likely to upset the stomach. But I would have thought, in your case, that the codeine would have helped.

by Anonymousreply 597August 25, 2021 6:25 PM

Tylenol is also less likely to interact with other common medications.

by Anonymousreply 598August 25, 2021 6:28 PM

[quote]Tylenol is also less likely to interact with other common medications.

And more likely to kill you if you combine it with wine.

by Anonymousreply 599August 25, 2021 6:30 PM

I read that a runny nose is among the most common symptoms of a delta-variant vaccine-breakthrough infection. I had one a few days ago. I RAN OUT to get a test. results pending.

by Anonymousreply 600August 25, 2021 10:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!