Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What's the best drug you've ever used?

I guess you could quibble about lumping cocaine and crack cocaine together. I've used the former but not the latter, but crackheads have told me the crack high is similar to the coke high; just much more intense. (Perhaps it's the same with amphetamines/methamphetamine.)

In any event ...

As much as I loved coke, MDMA was the cleanest, most glorious high I've ever experienced. And I only used it once.

As of May, though, I've been clean for ten years.

by Anonymousreply 239June 28, 2021 6:00 PM

I love how this question is framed like you're asking for a favorite potato salad recipe

by Anonymousreply 1June 11, 2021 7:26 PM

Cocaine the first few times was amazing, but you spend your entire cocaine career trying to recapture your first high.

Cannabis is the best because the food experiences continue and you don’t have all the side effects you get with cocaine, which include decreased sexual performance and inability to sleep.

by Anonymousreply 2June 11, 2021 7:26 PM

Mushrooms are cool.

by Anonymousreply 3June 11, 2021 7:28 PM

Xanax and nitrous oxide (not used together!) both are lovely.

by Anonymousreply 4June 11, 2021 7:32 PM

r2 I had the opposite experience with coke. First few times, I thought, "Meh." Then I realized I really, really loved it. Way too much.

by Anonymousreply 5June 11, 2021 7:33 PM

Shrooms, San Pedro Cactus (huachuma) -- internal and transcendant.

Back in the day for partying? -- E

by Anonymousreply 6June 11, 2021 7:37 PM

MDMA followed by shrooms.

by Anonymousreply 7June 11, 2021 7:43 PM

I miss my "80's Meth" I finished Wharton School MBA-JD program and the first couple years of Wall Street speeding my brains out(a little meth in ur coffee goes a long way). and the black beautys(pills-not men) The men were fun too!! Cocaine didn't work on me..3 times I tried really good coke, snorted it, and 15 minutes later-it was like"Is that it" the rush died!!! I felt like Superman on Meth(nothing could make me feel bad, felt invincible, it was all about FUCKING,GETTING FUCKED,MOVING ON TO ANOTHER GUY!!!

by Anonymousreply 8June 11, 2021 7:44 PM

Here’s the thing about meth: it makes sex amazing

by Anonymousreply 9June 11, 2021 7:45 PM

I’m on the nitrous oxide wavelength.

by Anonymousreply 10June 11, 2021 8:07 PM

I've been a this-far-and-no-farther person, so no heroin, crack, meth or krokodil. No needles or spoons. No methoxy or dragonfly, although if I'm ever terminal I'll try dragonfly. And no ayahuasca - I learned with peyote there are some substances that are best used in a traditional, structured way with more-focused intentions.

But for everyday use, marijuana/THC or hashish are my preferences. Khat is second. Mushrooms are fine but I don't function with them. I don't like amphetamines or any kind of downer. LSD is okay but finding a pure mix always has been hard, so why bother when it's cut with speed? Opium is okay but the wispy fingers do move and beckon too readily. Morphine takes me down too far, codeine outside of a purple punch is the same. I don't want to feel indifferent. Kratom is fine, like a "natural" ecstasy. Salvia is too pushy.

But the thread asks about the best drug we've ever used. For me it's clean mescaline. The first time I accidentally took a four-way hit, so it was a challenging journey for about 14 hours. But worth it. Same issues as there are with LSD production, and now I prefer using it in a supportive environment.

by Anonymousreply 11June 11, 2021 8:14 PM

Ecstasy, always. Coke and weed are always: ‘meh!’ Meth was ‘meh’ too, until the crash, which felt like the end of the world, and went on for dour days. GHB has too many casualties for me to mess with. Percocet and it’s cousins might be fine, but not too often, so they’re off the table for me.

I loath alcohol.

by Anonymousreply 12June 11, 2021 8:17 PM

Freebasing cocaine was the most pure pleasure but it only lasts for a few minutes. Mushrooms were definitely the most entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 13June 11, 2021 8:18 PM

Ecstasy delivered what it promised. All the others are meh. I think I would love heroin - but will never try until my death bed.

by Anonymousreply 14June 11, 2021 8:21 PM

Ecstasy, followed closely by intra muscular injection of ketamine.

by Anonymousreply 15June 11, 2021 8:24 PM

MDMA, a terrific sense of well-being and my senses were in overdrive. Touching someone's hair was like touching raw silk. But the inevitable crash was debilitating and depressing. I only used MDMA about a dozen times and realized, given my addictive personality, that I had to end it. No regrets. I'm an old fuck now and wonder what it might be like to have one more go-around with it, but I'd probably get arrested going to look for it. The feel of a dick in my mouth is however a super substitute.

by Anonymousreply 16June 11, 2021 8:33 PM

MDA. is absolute bliss…love it

by Anonymousreply 17June 11, 2021 8:39 PM

Freebasing coke is too much like a roller coaster that you never want to get off of.

by Anonymousreply 18June 11, 2021 8:41 PM

Taking meth or heroin intravenously would be the best- but I don’t want to try. I do not have an addictive personality but I would be afraid they might hook me.

Coke was always great, high lasts a long time. And it’s a great high. But the nose running, bloody nose, and the come down suuuuuuucks.

Crack was amazing. High doesn’t last long but long enough before the second hit. Come down sucks. You have to hold it in long enough to hit hard but once it’s increasingly hard to do the more hits you take.

Meth was wonderful. And talk about bang for your buck! The great high lasts a super long time. The come down has never been bad for me. Ever. I don’t like the hallucinations and I’m freaked out about what it could do to your teeth.

Opiates are fantastic but the constipation sucks and you can’t abuse them or you have to take 27 to get high.

by Anonymousreply 19June 11, 2021 8:49 PM

Hash. I smoked it once in high school in a friend's basement. Pure warmth and happiness.

by Anonymousreply 20June 11, 2021 8:51 PM

Propoferal- I think that's the spelling. Michael Jackson knew his shit.

by Anonymousreply 21June 11, 2021 8:55 PM

Done everything on the list except LSD and I'd say that crack is probably the strongest and most addictive. If I had to stick with something I would probably just pick weed because unlike most of the other drugs there isn't much if anything in terms of side effects or coming down which I detest.

by Anonymousreply 22June 11, 2021 8:59 PM

Amoxicillin

by Anonymousreply 23June 11, 2021 9:03 PM

"Do you still beat your spouse?"

by Anonymousreply 24June 11, 2021 9:04 PM

Not sure how this is a troll thread r24

by Anonymousreply 25June 11, 2021 9:05 PM

Pizza

by Anonymousreply 26June 11, 2021 9:05 PM

Thanks for your input Chrissy ̶M̶e̶t̶h Metz.

by Anonymousreply 27June 11, 2021 9:08 PM

MDMA

Quaaludes (dreamy)

by Anonymousreply 28June 11, 2021 9:09 PM

Forget the black tar….yea ain’t nothing quite like speed balling but it will fuck you up in the long run. Heroin is the worst trip anybody can be on. Easy on….not so easy off. Best to stay away from it all to-fuckin-gether….Save yourself the pain

by Anonymousreply 29June 11, 2021 9:23 PM

What are black beauties and why are they not still around?

by Anonymousreply 30June 11, 2021 9:26 PM

Special K was my drug of choice in my 20s. Always had a good time, never fell into a k hole.

by Anonymousreply 31June 11, 2021 9:27 PM

R30, speed, diet pills.

by Anonymousreply 32June 11, 2021 9:33 PM

Another vote for shrooms. Pre-2008 Amsterdam, you could go into "smartshops", describe the desired effect and get dispensed w/appropriate formulary. Moderately short-lived w/no lingering bad side effects

by Anonymousreply 33June 11, 2021 9:34 PM

Quaaludes, Tuinals, Seconals. All pretty much the same effect. It's been decades.

by Anonymousreply 34June 11, 2021 9:36 PM

MDMA only causes a crash in people who take the wrong dosages, fail to test the drug (they have kits on amazon or at any festival now to test your drugs!) and fail to get a ton of sleep the night before and the night after, plus dehydration. There are also some supplements that are suggested.

MDMA is frequently cut with other junk. Many people who think they've taken MDMA never have. More often its meth or cut with meth.

MDMA experts say 4x per year is the maximum your brain can safely handle. So once every three months, treat yourself to a glorious evening :)

by Anonymousreply 35June 11, 2021 9:40 PM

For rest and stress: Ambien, Xanax

For play: coke, mushrooms

I'm old now so coke is off the menu, but a good coke and red wine buzz with a good book was a thing of beauty.

by Anonymousreply 36June 11, 2021 9:43 PM

[R34]. you ARE old school…i haven’t seen a 3 grain Tuinal since 1972 ..talk about getting fucked up….lights out

by Anonymousreply 37June 11, 2021 9:52 PM

Jingle Jangle!

by Anonymousreply 38June 11, 2021 9:53 PM

I’m clinically anxious. My first benzo experience was great. My mind and body felt normal for the first time in years.

by Anonymousreply 39June 11, 2021 9:57 PM

Ambien was my jam back in the day. I haven’t had it in years but they definitely had changed it the last time I took some, no good high anymore.

by Anonymousreply 40June 11, 2021 9:59 PM

[R30]. black beauties = Biphetamine= Adderal

Everybody’s doin it…..

by Anonymousreply 41June 11, 2021 10:01 PM

[quote]Not sure how this is a troll thread [R24]

R25 /OP: You presumed to conduct a drug-use survey on a prominent gay forum without offering "I never use drugs" as an option; not exactly an objective polling.

Who is your benefactor and to what end?

by Anonymousreply 42June 11, 2021 10:02 PM

Debbie downer alert…

by Anonymousreply 43June 11, 2021 10:03 PM

Soma

by Anonymousreply 44June 11, 2021 10:04 PM

Opium

by Anonymousreply 45June 11, 2021 10:05 PM

Qualudes.

by Anonymousreply 46June 11, 2021 10:05 PM

Xanax!

by Anonymousreply 47June 11, 2021 10:06 PM

I'm a daily weed smoker. I also use Delta 8 cartridges. But when I combine Hydocodone, I'm in ecstacy.

by Anonymousreply 48June 11, 2021 10:06 PM

They’ve changed opiates too. I can’t take OxyContin. It does nothing for me. No high at all. Back when I was 18, I had wisdom teeth pulled, had Norco (hydrocodone) with speckles and WOW. I was high asf. I kept about 15. Years later. Same- high asf. Strangely, not addicting. Had minor surgery and given same pills. Nice warm feeling but nothing close to before yet I wanted to take more.

by Anonymousreply 49June 11, 2021 10:21 PM

R4 When I had my wisdom teeth removed, the combination of nitrous, and the scopolamine and morphine they shot in my arm was really fabulous. That's obviously something I would never encounter outside of the doctor's office (nor would I want to), but...I don't know if I've ever been more relaxed.

I have to say though, that if that combination of drugs ever got into the wrong hands, it would be very, very frightening. I remember being fully awake, feeling the effects...and then I was awake again, with the surgery completely finished. Sure, that's how it's supposed to work, but it was very strange. Fantastic, but strange.

by Anonymousreply 50June 11, 2021 10:36 PM

X for party-boy fun

acid for intensity

shrooms for laughs

MJ for everyday

by Anonymousreply 51June 11, 2021 10:40 PM

KRATOM

by Anonymousreply 52June 11, 2021 10:40 PM

YES! Anything with specks in it just seemed to be top notch. Those are gone. Opiates used to be much stronger yet, I agree, not as addicting. Now, they don’t seem as strong (unless you take 10) yet are more addicting.

by Anonymousreply 53June 11, 2021 10:41 PM

The worst experience I've ever had with drugs was pot. I didn't think I was smoking a lot ... and I'd smoked on many occasions before ... but apparently it was a potent strain. Anyway, after two hits, I was gone.

It was -- far and away -- the worst mental state I have ever been in. I panicked right away, because I knew I was too high. I curled up on my bed and thought that I had split into two separate people. I had to talk myself out of calling 911 over and over again. I considered suicide. I got chills.

Coming down from coke is hell, but I'd take it over the too-high-on-pot nightmare any day.

by Anonymousreply 54June 11, 2021 10:44 PM

Midazolam or Versed ...used as a pre op drug ...I get giggly and stupid on it...they could remove all your limbs and you would care. Best given to people before surgery that are anxious

by Anonymousreply 55June 11, 2021 10:44 PM

R54 too much pot can be scary, you go to a really dark place. It's weird cuz usually it's a light place -- in moderation.

by Anonymousreply 56June 11, 2021 10:47 PM

^^ wouldn't^^

Oh, also dllaudid...better than morphine. The hospital could burn down around you you would smile and burn to death...happily

by Anonymousreply 57June 11, 2021 10:47 PM

High cbd pot and xanax

by Anonymousreply 58June 11, 2021 10:50 PM

If you smoke some wacky strains of pot, you gotta keep CBD oil around. You had a bad reaction to the THC.

by Anonymousreply 59June 11, 2021 10:52 PM

Coming off coke isn't bad. Just use a bit of pot to come off the coke, OP @R54. The fucked up sinuses the following day or two were the worst for me, personally.

by Anonymousreply 60June 11, 2021 10:52 PM

R40 you got High from Ambien?

by Anonymousreply 61June 11, 2021 10:52 PM

It was Ghost Train Haze, r59

by Anonymousreply 62June 11, 2021 10:53 PM

I free-base Metamucil.

by Anonymousreply 63June 11, 2021 10:53 PM

[quote] And no ayahuasca - I learned with peyote there are some substances that are best used in a traditional, structured way with more-focused intentions.

R11, you're right on re: ayahuasca. It's very powerful and medicinal, but really needs to be used in a traditional setting, and with mental preparation and the focused intentions. It can be very intense, to the point of scary. Not something to casually trifle with.

by Anonymousreply 64June 11, 2021 10:55 PM

Sniffing glue and petrol

by Anonymousreply 65June 11, 2021 10:56 PM

Anyone here ever get high from expired benadryl?

by Anonymousreply 66June 11, 2021 10:56 PM

80s powder coke. Haven't tried crack nor do I want to, or would I. Meth (snorting) was ok and made me feel like I was smarter than I was and I ended up doing some stupid shit and drank to come down. Would be up for days. Don't recommend it. Coke was a nice even high and I didn't feel I had to binge. This would be the drug of choice if I thought my heart could handle it again. Today's weed makes me paranoid. Haven't abused any opiates, don't have a death wish. I did like rolling on DXM but it wasn't good for me psychologically. I spent a few months not caring about shit I should have cared about.

by Anonymousreply 67June 11, 2021 10:58 PM

R62 stick to indicas

by Anonymousreply 68June 11, 2021 10:58 PM

I could never do coke. Cokeheads are annoying and I get sinus infections easily.

by Anonymousreply 69June 11, 2021 11:00 PM

Thanks, r68. I was gonna try a hybrid

by Anonymousreply 70June 11, 2021 11:00 PM

Ketamine, so much fun.

by Anonymousreply 71June 11, 2021 11:00 PM

I agree about pot- worst high ever. I have never ever gotten a good high on weed except in Amsterdam when I ate a brownie, drank some Absinthe and got fucked by an Israeli.

by Anonymousreply 72June 11, 2021 11:02 PM

Coke was fun and we all thought we were Sartre and de Beauvoir at 3 a.m..

Next day at noon we felt stupid and wanted to kill ourselves.

by Anonymousreply 73June 11, 2021 11:02 PM

My first experience with poppers (just a few years ago so not the original, better ones from the 70s and 80s) was one of the best highs ever. Totally sexual. My entire body tingled and suddenly got the urge to let my hole get used by an entire football team. I'd never felt so horny in my life.

The next few times were good, if not great but I think I overdid it that first year and it was never the same since. I buy a bottle a year just to see if that sensation will return and it's never that great and just gives me a headache.

Weed is still the best. It's always dependable, you don't get sick from it, can't seem to overdose on it, and the worst thing that will happen if you do is a little paranoia that passes after an hour or two. I feel as if it activates a part of my brain that's been dead since I was 10. I get excited about just about everything and anything seems possible. I see the good in humanity again.

The stuff I got when they took my wisdom teeth out was magical. Didn't feel any discomfort at all and I woke up feeling silly and happy.

by Anonymousreply 74June 11, 2021 11:03 PM

R30 Even if Black Beauties were still around, I'd tell you to skip them and just find some coke. It's WAAAAY more fun to clean the house on coke. The energetic numb euphoria of cocaine is wonderful.

I'd also tell you to be sure to buy it from a dealer you can trust, dose carefully, have the next day off, and have a few hits of pot to come off it before you finally sail into bed at 6:00am or 7:00am.

R65 I've never huffed anything (yikes), but J do like the smell of gasoline. I won't be putting it on my pulse points, but I am one of those who likes the scent of gasoline. Have you ever seen the movie "Love Liza"? It concerns huffing, and stars Kathy Bates & Phillip Seymour Hoffman

by Anonymousreply 75June 11, 2021 11:12 PM

That’s a tough question, OP because you use different drugs depending on the type of experience you want to have. So overall, I guess cannabis is at the top of my list since it’s a relative mellow high that lets you function somewhat normally. But I do enjoy, and use, coke, MDMA, and shrooms.

by Anonymousreply 76June 11, 2021 11:26 PM

I voted MDMA (which I was told was ecstasy). I don't know that it was, but i do know we fucked for hours and hours and it felt amazing. but then there was the Suicide Tuesdays where i just wanted to fucking kill myself. I only took this probably 5 times with the same partner and since he was a liar, i don't doubt that this was either straight meth or MDMA cut with meth.

i've had straight up meth when i was 17/18 because 2 of my closest friends dealt in high school. hated it because i just sat up all night looking at the cracks on the ceilings and not sleeping. i lived in a really strict household and was not allowed to go partying all night long so it was really lost on me at the time. and mostly i took it for weight loss and was really adverse to the idea of snorting it that i drank it some juice. didn't care to revisit.

I've never tried cocaine and i probably never will or want to.

I've had some good weed (although i'm not a huge fan of smoking). However, i've had some of the WORST experiences ever with edibles, and one time seriously felt i was about to die...for about 6 hours straight. i was begging my friend to call 911 and thought i was about to leave this plane forever.

I've had mushrooms twice but they must have been really old or not that great. Only once did i have a reaction and i was alone and laughing at a pile of clothing in the corner of the room that i thought was a stealth gnome.

i would really like to try LSD at some point with a caretaker.

the rest i can leave without even bothering.

by Anonymousreply 77June 11, 2021 11:39 PM

I suppose I am weird, I have never used any drug recreationally but I was on morphine once in the hospital, I went from hellish pain to complete bliss.

by Anonymousreply 78June 11, 2021 11:47 PM

Not that much experience beyond coke and pot but did like coke a lot. However, not to preach, but it is just truth that is is all a huge waste of time and money and damages your life in often big ways. As can alcohol. If I knew then what I know now.

by Anonymousreply 79June 11, 2021 11:51 PM

I don't know if I used pure MDMA or not. But there was no comedown. I remember when I finally went to bed, I couldn't sleep. But it wasn't the suicidal insomnia induced by a coke. I didn't care that I was lying there awake. It was just so fucking blissful.

And I woke up refreshed.

Also, I had no desire for sex while using MDMA. I remember sitting on the couch and listening to music (every song was the most beautiful I'd ever heard) and thinking, "Why have an orgasm? Nothing -- absolutely nothing -- could feel better than sitting here, right now."

by Anonymousreply 80June 11, 2021 11:52 PM

r77 here and the hookup that brought/gave me the "ecstasy" administered it in a pipe which he heated with a flame. I knew fuck all of any drugs and just took it for granted that it was what he said it was. He was such a lying piece of shit after as much sex as he could get that i'm sure he might have been lying to me. but the 48 hours after 24 hours of doing it and having sex and doing it again says to me it wasn't really ecstasy, or at least some ridic low amount of ecstasy and mostly meth.

I cut him out of my life after i realized he was just using me to attract tail for 3somes. he tried for about a year after i stopped hooking up with him before he finally got the message. the sex wasn't worth the horrific and depressing come-down a few days later.

by Anonymousreply 81June 12, 2021 12:00 AM

Heroin

by Anonymousreply 82June 12, 2021 12:09 AM

Quaaludes. And then MDMA. Bliss!

by Anonymousreply 83June 12, 2021 12:16 AM

What drug were Quaaludes most like? I've been curious. Was it like a Xanax type of high where you're just so calm that you melt into the couch and turn off your brain?

by Anonymousreply 84June 12, 2021 12:22 AM

Bunch of fuckin drug addicts…..pleasure seekers……..Personally I like Cannabis because I’m an old shit and it helps with ……everything..sleep , makes meds work better..don’t ask me how…i don’t care…all i know is it works. When I was a little younger…correction a lot younger…i really gravitated to MDA ..back in them there days it was MDA…i just loved everybody..i felt like i was walking on a cloud…actually i would like to do it again but i’m not sure the ticker would hold up. Some memories are best left to the past, i guess.

Experience life to the fullest when your young enough to enjoy it otherwise life will pass you by. You will be amazed how short life really is.

by Anonymousreply 85June 12, 2021 12:23 AM

Opiates are all I've had on this comprehensive list. I can see why people get hooked. They make me feel gooood. But what goes up must come down. And, having dealt with depression most of my life, I can't afford the downs.

I would love to try edibles. And shrooms. One of my friends who has done a bit of everything is looking for a connection for me, but no luck so far. I'd order a grow kit, but I rent, so I feel it's too risky.

I am also curious about quaaludes. A coworker of mine who partied hard back in the day speaks of them fondly.

by Anonymousreply 86June 12, 2021 12:30 AM

Valium, Valium, Valium. Somewhere between Valium 2.5 and Valium 5 is a sweet spot of blissfulness.

If it was a color, it would be a warm, dark tangerine. If it were a time, it would be 2:30pm and you understand we’re all one.

It’s been over twenty years.

by Anonymousreply 87June 12, 2021 12:31 AM

80mg of pure codeine plus 2mg of Xanax plus 60mg of Phentermine. Then go swimming in the calm, tramsparent Mediterranean and lazy on the beach for hours.

by Anonymousreply 88June 12, 2021 12:32 AM

For me the best was a Candy Flip

Ecstasy + Acid =Candy Flip

There's also a Hippie Flip = Ecstasy + Mushrooms, but it was way too intensely gnarly for me. I saw the floors around me collapse and I thought it was going to suck everybody down to hell. Not a good feeling.

by Anonymousreply 89June 12, 2021 12:35 AM

The best was morphine in the hospital (years ago.)

by Anonymousreply 90June 12, 2021 12:37 AM

Well, yes...i'd have to say morphine was the best. This was when i was 20 hours into trying to have my 1st child and nothing was working (walking the hallways, baths, etc.). They gave me morphine and i was able to sleep for a few hours finally.

then they released me. at home for another 2 days before going to a different hospital in an ambulance only to be told after several hours of pushing "you need a c-section."

but yeah, morphine was the shit. knocked me right out with the lightest of falling into nothing.

by Anonymousreply 91June 12, 2021 12:44 AM

Orange Sunshine LSD, or Windowpane, or blotter, or microdot or Clearlight liquid..hard to come by though. That LSD was soul searching ,change the trajectory of your life ..shit. Major hallucinogens .After the peak and your on the heavy thoughts side..when i wasn’t trying to decode the origins of the universe…all i wanted to do was sex… 2 people,3 people….it was all good. It made me see just how queer i am…..i’m so Grateful

by Anonymousreply 92June 12, 2021 12:47 AM

You should have had quaaludes on your list OP

Before my time, but it seems everyone was was around for their 1970s heyday thought they were the Best Drug Ever

by Anonymousreply 93June 12, 2021 12:51 AM

Vyvanse

by Anonymousreply 94June 12, 2021 1:05 AM

GHB - god I curse the day the made it a drug. Used to be able to get it at the health food store. Just like four shots but no calories and sex on G was ah maz ing. Literally could buy a liter of it for 8 bucks. Lasted forever.

by Anonymousreply 95June 12, 2021 1:08 AM

A hard no on anything that makes me trip. That is the worst feeling ever.

I want something that makes me horny asf.

by Anonymousreply 96June 12, 2021 1:16 AM

Cipro is best for disease of the privates but penicillin will doo in a pinch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97June 12, 2021 1:20 AM

[quote] Ketamine, so much fun

Ugh! I don’t miss K at all. I usually feel clean and functional on E, but K makes me feel fucked UP!!! It’s a ‘dirty’ sort of high. Haven’t done it in years and I’ll probably never do it again (unless I’m offered in the middle of a club at 2am!😄)

I’m happy to see so much appreciation for E/MDMA/ecstasy/MDA (they’re functionally the same to me!). My first few trips were some of the best experiences of my life. It’s never been as good after that, of course, but it’s still worth the ride.

[quote] —yeah, a woman. flame away

Nah, r91, you’re the reason we’re all here. I’m glad YOU’RE having the babies; I’m glad to miss the experience.

by Anonymousreply 98June 12, 2021 1:46 AM

Marijuana is the best. Not physically addictive, no hangover…perfection.

by Anonymousreply 99June 12, 2021 1:53 AM

R99 I haven't had pot in years, but I never sleep better than when I consume (smoke or edibles). I was the costume designer on a short film several years ago, and the sound guy (a charming man from France, based in NYC at the time) passed around a weed pen.

I was told it was Sativa, but the effects were definitely those associated with Indica...except that it didn't make me hungry. I didn't even know I was high until I tried to comment on a conversation two crew members were having...and I just couldn't even form words (pot makes me stupid, but I think too much at the same time, so I typically just shut up).

Anyway, I would never drink again if I could occasionally have whatever the fuck was in that pen. And pot hasn't even ever been my thing.

by Anonymousreply 100June 12, 2021 2:02 AM

Quaaludes.

I still have a big ol' amber glass prescription bottle from one of the last times I was able to get them. Someone I knew actually had a prescription for them and sold me half of the 100. That was about 1982-83.

A memento from fun times... lol!

by Anonymousreply 101June 12, 2021 2:05 AM

Ketamine from sterile needles wielded by an anesthesiologist at his parties.

Same guy who showed me how to dissolve cocaine under my tongue when my sinuses were blown out. And wanted to be called Samson when he starting losing his hair

by Anonymousreply 102June 12, 2021 2:09 AM

Hallucinogens - LSD, mushrooms - are bad for some people. If you’re naturally uptight or anxious - or a control freak - it’s not fun. Some of the worst experiences of my life - basically hours long panic attacks. I tried a few times because I thought I would eventually enjoy it - but was always the same. Panic attacks. Xanax or benzos are my ideal. Did a Valium once which was great. And Vicodin is ok.

Lessons learned from a life of experimentation - don’t trust other people’s opinions about the effects of drugs. They can affect people very differently. And always have a safety exit / emergency plan.

by Anonymousreply 103June 12, 2021 2:10 AM

Hash.

The worst night of my life was a night that a manager gave me a hit of LSD right at the beginning of my shift at the Lubbuck Ihop in the 80's.

I still haven't recovered, if I'm being honest.

by Anonymousreply 104June 12, 2021 2:12 AM

R103 I've used mushrooms about three times (the last time having been around 2007). It was interesting. But (naturally) I felt drained and filthy for the next two days. Recovering from that was worse than recovering from Ecstacy. I would love to try microdosing psilocybin, as a treatment for depression, however.

I've always avoided LSD (once upon a time, my brother loved it on occasion), because I feel like I'd freak out. Some tell me it's not that bad at low doses. Others tell me that "if that's what I believe, then that's the reaction I'll have". Someday, perhaps. But the environment and group fellow trippers must be just so.

by Anonymousreply 105June 12, 2021 2:19 AM

They used to use sodium pentethol to induce anethesia for surgery (now it's Propofol). I've never felt such marvelous swirling feeling of peace.

by Anonymousreply 106June 12, 2021 2:23 AM

None of it! Dick is my drug of choice!

by Anonymousreply 107June 12, 2021 2:25 AM

ALL of you are [bold]whores[/bold].

by Anonymousreply 108June 12, 2021 2:34 AM

I wish I had the normal pot experiences everyone raves about. I never tried it until it became legal here in CA because I was too paranoid to buy it when it was illegal. I tried vaping it. Holy hell, that cough is so bad and hurt my throat so much. And I never felt much of any kind of "high." I just felt gross. Then I tried edibles and yes, I felt high but I have yet to experience any "munchies" or whatever. In fact, when I'm high, I feel like I can't taste most food. And everyone kept telling me that it would help me sleep and nope. In fact, it makes my sleep worse when I am high. My mind just spins and my body can't stop moving. I've tried vaping indica strains and it did nothing.

Maybe I'm just a weirdo. Shame really because my insomnia is really bad. I would KILL for Soma again because it's the only drug I have ever taken that just relaxed my entire body and I could sleep.

by Anonymousreply 109June 12, 2021 4:16 AM

I don't know about best, but the ONLY one mentioned so far that is SAFE is marijuana.

by Anonymousreply 110June 12, 2021 4:26 AM

R88 swimming on xannies? don't drown.

by Anonymousreply 111June 12, 2021 4:28 AM

*ECSTASY IN THE 90'S!!!*

by Anonymousreply 112June 12, 2021 4:32 AM

Quaaludes in the '70s, Valium in the '80s, Phrenilin in the '90s and Fiorinal in the 2000s. Quaaludes were by far the best. Marijuana in the '70s was pleasant too but by the mid '80s I knew I needed to quit it because it was turning me into a vegetable due to the increasing strength. It became too powerful to enjoy. It was milder in the 1970s and not overpowering but still very enjoyable. I quit it in 1985.

by Anonymousreply 113June 12, 2021 5:28 AM

I havent done coke in a while, but always make sure to use a neti-pot when I'm done. Clears it out of your sinuses.

For any older marijuana fans, remember to get yourself some indica and sativa and figure out which strain you like better. I stopped for years because it turns out, I just dont enjoy the feeling of sativa. But i love indica. So many older smokers I meet (or people who say they stopped smoking because of paranoia) have no idea how the strains effect them differently.

by Anonymousreply 114June 12, 2021 6:05 AM

Hydroponic or natural weeds ?

by Anonymousreply 115June 12, 2021 6:07 AM

Blue mescaline circa late '60s early '70s Bay Area. Hours and hours of an awesome high elevating me to a completely different physical/mental plane. No hair-raising flashbacks. No crashing/debilitating re-entries. Just a gentle up and, hours later, a gentle down. I think it went out of production about the mid 1970s. Pity.

by Anonymousreply 116June 12, 2021 6:17 AM

I forgot about synthetic weed! I avoided purchasing “spice” and ordered the analogue directly from a lab. I experienced the same high as weed, but it would stop after 45 minutes - no buzz, no short term memory loss, less lethargy.

by Anonymousreply 117June 12, 2021 6:34 AM

I tried most things once in my 20s but have never wanted to go much further for a whole number of reasons. Of what I have tried, speed was the best. It was like ecstasy, but felt cleaner and gentler. I knew then never to do it again.

Ecstasy was good the first time, after that it was never quite as good and I felt gross afterwards. Marjiuana never does anything to me, I barely notice anything. Coke is a waste of money, I can't believe people take something that does nothing but sober you up if drunk.

I'd love to try mushrooms one day, but if I never do, I never do, it's ok.

I don't even really like to drink. But at least glad I know what a lot of these things are like now.

by Anonymousreply 118June 12, 2021 6:45 AM

I never understood the appeal of Special K

by Anonymousreply 119June 12, 2021 9:48 AM

Drug fiends.....all of them drug fiends!

by Anonymousreply 120June 12, 2021 5:14 PM

Is methaqualone even available anymore? last time I had it was in the 1980’s

by Anonymousreply 121June 12, 2021 6:00 PM

[R113] you do know your pharmaceuticals………pharmacist?

by Anonymousreply 122June 12, 2021 6:03 PM

I love acid……took a lot of it…never had a bad experience…..a little edgy sometimes when it got hard to hold on to something real…but i just let it take me to those sunshine daydreams..

by Anonymousreply 123June 12, 2021 6:09 PM

Cocaine & alcohol.

Percocet.

Meth (it helped my mood and got me motivated to do things, but I didn't feel "high").

by Anonymousreply 124June 12, 2021 6:12 PM

Coke and whiskey….i remember those days…..well

by Anonymousreply 125June 12, 2021 6:15 PM

The best drug: Cannabis The worst drug: Heroin…….she lies…then sinks her teeth in and your lucky if you get out alive

by Anonymousreply 126June 12, 2021 6:18 PM

Once heroin moves into your head….she’s their for life….you will always want her back if you were lucky enough to escape..

by Anonymousreply 127June 12, 2021 6:20 PM

Morphine. I am given that on my visits to the ER for kidney stones. What a wonderful drug. You feel all warm and cuddly and fall into a light sleep.

by Anonymousreply 128June 12, 2021 6:24 PM

I've had morphine many times in the hospital (various broken bones and surgeries) and although it dulls the pain and fogs your brain, it's never been what I would call pleasant. I have memories of pushing the dispense button compulsively when the time-out timer would expire and it was time for the next dose (like a rat in a test maze).

by Anonymousreply 129June 12, 2021 8:30 PM

Propofol - the anesthesia - is a miracle drug. As an insomniac, it probably would be more addictive and powerful for me than heroin. I look forward to surgery and colonoscopy just for that feeling of falling asleep immediately. Bliss.

by Anonymousreply 130June 13, 2021 1:27 AM

I have never tried any of these. Not one time. I guess I have missed out.

by Anonymousreply 131June 13, 2021 3:06 AM

R131, not even pot?

by Anonymousreply 132June 13, 2021 3:11 AM

R132 - not even. I’ve been around people who have tried things, but I was always scared off. As for pot, I am So turned off by anything involving smoke that Injust never did it. I guess there are brownies I could try.

I am in a high profile job and people think of me as very “by the book.” With alcohol, I can get very uninhibited very fast - so I’m cautious about anything that would really embarrass myself.

by Anonymousreply 133June 13, 2021 3:19 AM

I have never done illegal drugs but have a lot of mental and physical issues so I've gotten a lot of controlled substances. I love Ambien. I told you before and I will tell you again. It means morning (A.M.) good (bien). Good morning! It has been life changing. It can certainly make you happy if you have enough to take a slightly larger dose, but I don't want to end up like Whitney or Bobby Kristina (I do like baths). Tramadol and vicodin can be very nice, but I haven't taken the vicodin in years. I was certainly nearing a dependence. I have a bottle of some that made me itchy (different numbers, like 300 instead of 350 or something, different ration of the drug with tylenol mixed in). Pain was gone and I felt chill.

by Anonymousreply 134June 13, 2021 3:35 AM

I have tried almost every drug you can think of but the only one that scared the shit out of me was heroin. It was so good that I knew if I ever tried it again I'd be in jail or dead in 6 months.

These days I stick with weed but damn I'd kill for some fucking quaaludes. I used to eat them like tic-tacs.

by Anonymousreply 135June 13, 2021 4:14 AM

Hey R135, is it possible for you to describe what made heroin so good? I felt like that with speed in a way, so gentle and lovely that it frightened me off ever doing it again.

Even seeing the word 'heroin' makes me anxious, just from everything we hear about it. I'm really glad you never touched it again x

by Anonymousreply 136June 13, 2021 5:52 AM

It felt like I was wrapped in a warm blanket and every care in the world had gone R136. Complete bliss. They say it's never as good as the first time and you are always chasing the dragon to get that high again. I don't regret doing it at all but like I said, once was enough.

by Anonymousreply 137June 13, 2021 7:05 AM

I’m a goody two shoes, I only smoked marijuana, maybe 5x in college, & only did it because it was home grown, I watched them cut it off the plant & dry it & whatnot. Ive always had an irrational fear about trying a drug & it being laced with something, or dying from an overdose. The pot was fun while it lasted but not really my thing.

by Anonymousreply 138June 13, 2021 7:10 AM

Thanks for describing it R137. I have a friend who does everything, she hasn't done heroin yet, but she says she would if she found out she was terminally ill, just to see what it's like.

Did anyone see the documentary on Netflix: The Pharmacist? That was interesting, because it was talking about how there was a big epidemic of oxycontin abuse, and when it became too hard to get, everyone moved on to heroin.

by Anonymousreply 139June 13, 2021 7:52 AM

GHB (and now B, and L ...) combined w/meth is FANTASTIC.

by Anonymousreply 140June 13, 2021 8:31 AM

I was a goodie two shoes which I really regret! My BF loved his crack/Cocaine which found me in more shady crack houses than I had ever wanted to be in. I would have made an exception to have done a line off his cock.

by Anonymousreply 141June 13, 2021 8:35 AM

[R137] No you will be chasing heroin just to function…..once you start with the ‘flu’ like symptoms that mysteriously appear when you’re not using it…….the transformation to junkie has begun….and it doesn’t get any better…you will become a fucking slave to that drug 24/7 …your entire life will be either using it or acquiring it….best to avoid it all together

by Anonymousreply 142June 13, 2021 1:59 PM

r142 I think that applies to varying degrees to most illicit drugs. I know folks (like ex-bf from yrs ago) who can't have sex unless he does meth. I think it's fair to generalize that when your cravings/urges begin to outweigh personal experience w/negative side effects and a protracted recovery period, you're most likely slipping down the slope towards dependency & addiction.

by Anonymousreply 143June 13, 2021 4:48 PM

Opiates are a whole different animal….they alter your brain chemistry to the degree that you can’t function without them…once that train pulls out of the station….you may never get off….you stop when your life either becomes totally unmanageable or you die…even recovery is short lived ..most people go back and never get away… it sucks…..big time

Cannabis is good for the soul…easy to stop …ain’t no big thing…stays in your system a little to long though in case of drug testing …but it truly is the best of relaxant hallucinogen drugs.

by Anonymousreply 144June 13, 2021 5:18 PM

Ok Gramps we got the message…fuck…this isn’t a NA meeting

by Anonymousreply 145June 13, 2021 5:59 PM

It sounds kind of nice to ride a wave of pleasure off into the sunset, never to return to the suffering of this world.

by Anonymousreply 146June 13, 2021 6:06 PM

This thread makes me want to stick to pot. Besides a little paranoia I have when I do a little too much or take it in an unfamiliar environment, it's always been a pleasant high. Much better than getting drunk and there's no hangover the next day. I can do it for 5 days straight, stop for a week, pick it up for a day or two, stop again, etc. without any withdrawals. Besides, I feel like I've become a kinder, more empathic person since I started it and it makes me feel like my mind is as open as it was when I was a kid.

by Anonymousreply 147June 13, 2021 7:05 PM

I was on opiates (Norco) for over 5 years due to an injury then surgery. Once I didn’t need them I tapered off easily.

by Anonymousreply 148June 13, 2021 9:12 PM

I was always afraid to do H. Glad to this day I haven't, sounds really addictive. Acid was great but so fucking wild and strong that I thought, 'if this shit goes dark you will love your fucking mind.' So never did it again.

by Anonymousreply 149June 13, 2021 9:51 PM

A pint of Ben and Jerry's Wavy Gravy-I'm a FAT WHORE and addicted to sweets.

by Anonymousreply 150June 13, 2021 9:54 PM

love = lose

lol!

by Anonymousreply 151June 13, 2021 10:07 PM

Heroin should be the one drug that is treated differently. I’m ok with any other drug being legal. But heroin needs to be contained - even giving it to those who are addicted already. Nothing is as addictive.

by Anonymousreply 152June 14, 2021 1:48 AM

It’s amazing how we went decades with people doing pain pills without this mass addiction. They even gave me 10 as late as ‘09 for a teeth cleaning. Now, they won’t give them to you for major shit. Ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 153June 14, 2021 3:05 AM

Yeah, i'm not ever going to try heroin. I have enough of a problem with alcohol.

by Anonymousreply 154June 14, 2021 3:26 AM

R152, opium, too. Highly addictive. In China at its height, 1/4 of the population was addicted to opium, and it led to societal breakdown.

by Anonymousreply 155June 14, 2021 3:33 AM

Simple THC.

by Anonymousreply 156June 14, 2021 10:51 AM

Aspirin.

by Anonymousreply 157June 14, 2021 12:02 PM

Cialis is great (much better than viagra). I have an older friend who uses them and he let me try them. I recommend you not use it before going to work though. My cock was rock hard for hours! lol Really good stuff!

by Anonymousreply 158June 15, 2021 10:48 AM

E + K on the dance floor and you enter Tron x the Matrix. Then some nice weed at the to come down at the end of the fun.

by Anonymousreply 159June 15, 2021 11:00 AM

Yeah R159. I had some truly awewome nights on that combination back in my party days.

I wish I could remember them :-(

by Anonymousreply 160June 15, 2021 11:02 AM

That sounds intense, R159.

by Anonymousreply 161June 16, 2021 8:01 AM

The UK is a cool place to live as you can buy 30 tablets, each containing 13mg of codeine, over the counter for seven pounds. Look up cold water extraction on the internet (which gets rid of the paracetamol) and you can take ten-twenty of them for a very pleasant opiate high. I've taken five without the cold water extraction many times and that's nice too.

If you're in the UK they're called Solpadeine Max, the red tablets, not the soluble ones.

by Anonymousreply 162June 16, 2021 11:42 PM

R121 Illicit methaqualone is one of the most commonly used recreational drugs in South Africa. Manufactured clandestinely, often in India, it comes in tablet form, but is smoked with marijuana; this method of ingestion is known as "white pipe". It is also popular elsewhere in Africa and in India.

The drug documentary series Hamilton's Pharmacopeia did an episode about this drug. Here is the episode about how he tracked down the only currently available methaqualone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163June 21, 2021 4:50 AM

Man, I’m a drug user/addict myself, but some of you guys should be ASHAMED of yourselves. Do your mothers know you’ve done all these drugs? I am horrified just reading some of these responses.

by Anonymousreply 164June 21, 2021 5:13 AM

Mushrooms Advil Cacio e pepe and Ecstasy in the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 165June 21, 2021 5:17 AM

Here’s the thing about meth: it makes sex amazing

—Anonymous does it really? I'm afraid to go there

by Anonymousreply 166June 21, 2021 5:21 AM

R166, it increases the desire and decreases the ability to cum.

by Anonymousreply 167June 21, 2021 5:26 AM

I was in Puerto Vallarta right before the covid lockdown. An older, sassy Italian-american from Jersey(maryanne!) schooled me at the pool. I loaded up on everything, per her advice, as it was all over the counter. 14 months later and I still have a nice stash that would knock out any bitch on her best day.

But really good coke is probably the best drug I've ever used. I'm scared of meth though ...

by Anonymousreply 168June 21, 2021 5:34 AM

[R166], it increases the desire and decreases the ability to cum.

Meth users get very pervy, but usually get whisky dick

by Anonymousreply 169June 21, 2021 5:36 AM

[quote]but usually get whisky dick

Not in my experience, R169. I stayed hard for hours, but no climax.

by Anonymousreply 170June 21, 2021 5:42 AM

Wow, that's crazy. Good for you! I haven't done it, but have been around cokeheads that get whiskey dick too

by Anonymousreply 171June 21, 2021 5:51 AM

R48, can you recommend a legitimate delta-8 brand? How is the high, how does it compare to weed? Any D8 edible brands you recommend? I want to get some gummies for my parents but I was surprised to see that there's fake delta-8 and before I invested more time in trying to find a trusted brand I'd like to know from a DLer how it compares to weed. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 172June 21, 2021 6:24 AM

I'd like to know more about Delta 8, too.

And I'd love more detail about this:

[quote]The worst night of my life was a night that a manager gave me a hit of LSD right at the beginning of my shift at the Lubbuck Ihop in the 80's.

[quote]I still haven't recovered, if I'm being honest.

by Anonymousreply 173June 21, 2021 6:55 AM

Try Level: Delta 8 Protab or Soothe Tablingual ( micro dose of Delta 8) R172

by Anonymousreply 174June 21, 2021 6:57 AM

Hash. Even now - 20+ years later - I have a bit of euphoric recall from the few times I smoked it.

Nothing earth-shattering, but it was pure bliss each time. Too bad better living by chemistry and I get along so poorly otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 175June 21, 2021 7:50 AM

E / MDMA

Those were the days!

by Anonymousreply 176June 21, 2021 8:03 AM

Ecstasy feels amazing - the clue's in the name. Sex on X is out of this world, but I am not a big fan of the side effects (clenching etc) and the come down.

Shrooms are fun high without any side effects so that's what I'd pick, or cannabis edibles (sex on them is very hot too).

by Anonymousreply 177June 21, 2021 9:11 AM

R177 You're not wrong there about the cum down. I always remember my first E. Turning to my best friend and telling him that I loved him and he told me that he loved me. What a love in!

Those were innocent days. Now it's all Crystal Meth and addiction.

by Anonymousreply 178June 21, 2021 10:06 AM

So are y'all saying PNP really is a thing in the gay community? I'm shocked at how naughty you boys have been! Shame on you!

by Anonymousreply 179June 21, 2021 11:29 AM

Zoloft.

by Anonymousreply 180June 21, 2021 12:02 PM

Nothing compares to an orgasm.

by Anonymousreply 181June 21, 2021 12:09 PM

Why is so hash so hard to get? I’ve been a pot smoker for 25+ years and have never had access to hash. It sounds like bliss.

by Anonymousreply 182June 21, 2021 3:30 PM

Quaaludes by far

Pot second

by Anonymousreply 183June 21, 2021 3:39 PM

Ecstasy with a quarter or half hit of acid. Just don't expect to go to bed anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 184June 21, 2021 3:57 PM

Hmm just as I suspected. DLers are all drugged out of your minds all the time, aren’cha?

by Anonymousreply 185June 21, 2021 5:12 PM

I just think drugs have got more hardcore as time has gone on. The 70s were about pot. The 80s were coke. The 90s Es. 2000s we dabbled in Ket, the 2010s were about GHB and now in the twenties it's all about Chrystal Meth.

Just seems to be getting harder drugs as time passes.

by Anonymousreply 186June 21, 2021 5:24 PM

I smoked pot nearly every day in the 90s. I eventually quit in the early 2000s when I decided to get my act together, go back to college, etc. It was often a blissful experience, but I had become a solitary lump watching old movies. And I hated the paranoia when I would go out in public.

In the early 2010s, I was in a car accident and became addicted to Tramadol due to back issues. Again, I became a solitary lump, but this time reading book after book -- I was averaging 30 books a year, whereas previously I'd only read 3 to 5 a year -- it was just incredible to have these words and sentences creating vivid images in my head. Also, you had to take more and more to get the high, then you'd run out until you could get the prescription refilled, and the withdrawal was unbearable -- diarrhea, your nose draining like a faucet, unable to sleep. Finally quit it this year.

Recently tried meth. Did not like it: yes, it made me sexually insatiable, but my dick shrank to a nub, couldn't cum, and was awake for 48 hours straight. Never again.

Guess I'll stick to the occasional rum and coke from now on.

by Anonymousreply 187June 21, 2021 5:54 PM

Good lad!

by Anonymousreply 188June 21, 2021 6:01 PM

[quote] MDMA is frequently cut with other junk. Many people who think they've taken MDMA never have. More often its meth or cut with meth.

I once tried what was the perfect combo of Molly and Meth--HEAVEN!

by Anonymousreply 189June 21, 2021 6:25 PM

Why, I've never touched a single thing on that list, officer.

by Anonymousreply 190June 21, 2021 7:29 PM

Shrooms are currently enjoying a fine moment of popularity it seems, and with good reason, as decriminilization seems to slowly be spreading, and psilocybin has lots of potential for healing effects/properties.

by Anonymousreply 191June 21, 2021 7:46 PM

I’ve only used drugs for sex. Pot and coke do nothing for me. Meth can make sex last forever and bottoming feel amazing. G is a great add-on and helps lower inhibitions. Molly makes me feel all lovey dovey.

I was in a bathhouse a few years back and a guy gave me a molly and k combo pill. It made me so fucking horny that I searched out the biggest cocks in the place and just sat on them. It was fantastic!

by Anonymousreply 192June 21, 2021 7:58 PM

I did meth and viagra. Im a top. It was fantastic for weekend sex bingeing.

by Anonymousreply 193June 21, 2021 9:28 PM

For anyone who tried weed and didn't like it, don't judge all weed (whether inhaled or ingested) on one experience. There are literally hundreds of strains which, now that's it's legal in many places, is grown under very controlled conditions. The strains are labeled with the amount of THC (that produces a head high) and CBD (that produces a body high). You can get weed that produces a mild buzz, a major buzz, helps you sleep, helps you be active, and everything in between. Check out Leafly to review all the options available. I went from having a drink every evening to taking a hit or two on my vape pen and I currently have a dozen different strains (in vape cartridge form) which I cycle through depending on the effect I'm looking for. Gave up alcohol entirely.

by Anonymousreply 194June 21, 2021 10:05 PM

Quaaludes. 714 Miss them. 😭

by Anonymousreply 195June 21, 2021 11:13 PM

Mitsubishis, Rolexes, but Windmills were my favourite Es.

by Anonymousreply 196June 22, 2021 1:27 AM

R196, never knew there were different types!

by Anonymousreply 197June 22, 2021 4:05 PM

Where does everybody get all this Xanax—not just on this thread but others: Afraid of flying? Just pop a Xanax!! Isn’t that why there’s a drinks cart onboard?

by Anonymousreply 198June 22, 2021 6:25 PM

I imagine if you’re rich and/or if you fit the stereotype of “a person very unlikely to abuse or resell drugs”, your doctor will prescribe you pretty much any controlled substance you want.

by Anonymousreply 199June 22, 2021 7:04 PM

I only ever tried pot. I enjoyed it. Especially with sex. And I can remember laughing fits when a group of friends got together and just had fun. Never wanted anything stronger. I was strictly recreational. Barely even ever drank much.

by Anonymousreply 200June 22, 2021 7:08 PM

R199 You have a point there.

by Anonymousreply 201June 22, 2021 7:28 PM

Ever since they started advertising medications on TV, I've found that doctors will give you what you ask for because they know if they don't, you will fire them and get a doctor who will comply. We are now a nation of over-medicated people and big pharma loves it.

by Anonymousreply 202June 22, 2021 7:30 PM

R54 Same here. Waaay to cerebral of a high. I don’t understand the daily usage some take to! I always say pot is the strongest drug I have done. I like coke and all the designer drugs but at 38, the comedowns and hangovers are unbearable.

by Anonymousreply 203June 22, 2021 7:39 PM

R202. That's surprising, given that 42% of the insured population in the United States is enrolled in an HMO. Millions more are covered by state and federal programs like Medi-Cal, Medicaid, etc. My guess is that these two groups are the insurance cover for more than half that population. Even if they're not in an HMO, more and more hospitals and doctors use electronic medical record sharing systems like Epic where they can see who you've seen, what's been prescribed, and if that's the case, what's been denied that the patient requested.

In an HMO, a new doc will be looking at the notes from the old doc down the hall. In an office with access to a system like Epic, a new doc can be looking at the notes from a doctor across the country.

by Anonymousreply 204June 22, 2021 7:39 PM

R204 I am telling you that despite all of that, you can still get pretty much any drug you want. Docs are not gonna haggle with you unless it is something that would harm you. With the internet, patients are smart enough in knowing how to "present." It's sad but true.

by Anonymousreply 205June 22, 2021 7:54 PM

I just asked my psychiatrist for Ativan. It’s terrifying that this could result in being denied pain meds for some horrific injury in the future. This is why people end themselves.

by Anonymousreply 206June 22, 2021 7:57 PM

R204, Just because hospitals in different states use the same electronic health system doesn't mean they can see each other's patients.

Yes, doctors will give what you ask for (within limits, especially with opioids) because they want a good review. So, if you ask for a brand name drug, what's it to the doc to give it to you if you have a problem that it will help fix. Doctors have no problem giving out viagra like water, particularly gay doctors.

by Anonymousreply 207June 22, 2021 8:32 PM

I'm so tired now that when I looked at the title of this thread OP I thought it said What's the best THUG you've ever used.

by Anonymousreply 208June 22, 2021 8:44 PM

R207 Most insurers won’t pay for a brand name drug if there’s a generic unless they can offer clear and convincing evidence that the brand name drug is more effective. Most practices and HMOs won’t prescribe them because the insurers will ding them by reducing their payments for physician services. A friend thought she had an ear infection this weekend and the doc wouldn’t give her an antibiotic (the CT scan is at 7 am tomorrow and I’m driving her), so I question how widespread the kind of liberal/reckless prescribing behavior described is happening.

Maybe at pill mills and Doc-in-the-Box minute clinics or where you pay cash, but if there’s insurance involved, that isn’t happening.

by Anonymousreply 209June 22, 2021 11:34 PM

[Quote] A friend thought she had an ear infection this weekend and the doc wouldn’t give her an antibiotic (the CT scan is at 7 am tomorrow and I’m driving her), so I question how widespread the kind of liberal/reckless prescribing behavior described is happening.

A CT Scan for an earache?? And you’re wondering about unnecessary antibiotics?

by Anonymousreply 210June 22, 2021 11:49 PM

Docs know that patients want some sort of medicine. Patients don’t feel satisfied with a visit unless they get a test or a prescription. So, even if the problem will go away in its own, doctors will prescribe something.

I challenge you to go to a doctor with some sort of physical or mental complaint and not come out of the office with a prescription. The treatment for early diabetes and high blood is an improved diet, but few doctors will prescribe that. It’s always a drug

by Anonymousreply 211June 22, 2021 11:51 PM

R210 She thought it was an ear infection. The primary care doc was the one reluctant to give her antibiotic - read what I wrote.

The ENT doc she saw at the Mass General today apparently doesn’t think it’s an ear infection either: not an “earache.” Again, read what I wrote, not what you want to say. Hence the CT scan tomorrow.

If I were her, I’d be listening to him, nor someone on an anonymous website who thinks any doc will give you anything you ask for. If they do, they have a fool for a patient. And the patient has a shitty doctor.

by Anonymousreply 212June 23, 2021 12:26 AM

R212, the reason you had to explain all that in this post is you neglected to explain it in the first.

Sorry we can’t read your mind.

Obviously docs don’t just dispense drugs if they suspect it’s something worse than the normal ear ache. The very fact that the doc sent the ear ache to the ENT means the doc suspected it was worse than could be fixed with a drug.

by Anonymousreply 213June 23, 2021 12:33 AM

You still don’t understand. You can’t read my mind. You can’t even read what I wrote. What good does it do to write it it out in excruciating and unnecessary detail when you don’t read it?

For the last time, I’ll make it simple:

An earache is not an ear infection.

No good doctor will give you meds you don’t need because you ask for them if you don’t need them.

No health insurer will pay for a brand name drug, the first time, unless the doctor can justify its use vs the generic.

by Anonymousreply 214June 23, 2021 12:49 AM

I've had good and bad times on shroom and ecstasy.

Every acid trip I was on was amazing. I think one was mescaline or some kind of liquid. It hit hard and fast and it didn't have the weird emotional ups and down of mushrooms and ecstasy.

by Anonymousreply 215June 23, 2021 1:28 AM

Who the hell is going to a doctor's at the moment? All of my 92 year old dad's appointments have been tele consultations over the last year. Any prescriptions have been sent to the pharmacy and delivered later that day.

The only time he's seen a healthcare practitioner was when the nurse came out to give him his Covid vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 216June 23, 2021 1:28 AM

[quote]What's the best drug you've ever used?

And may I borrow some?

by Anonymousreply 217June 23, 2021 2:29 AM

Does Molly still exist? I haven’t seen it in years, lots of meth and G floating around, but never Molly

by Anonymousreply 218June 23, 2021 2:40 AM

[QUOTE] Where does everybody get all this Xanax—not just on this thread but others: Afraid of flying? Just pop a Xanax!! Isn’t that why there’s a drinks cart

You can buy it online. $1 per 1mg. Ships from the Seychelles or Panama.

by Anonymousreply 219June 23, 2021 6:25 AM

R214, I am intrigued by your friend's problem. Please come back and post what they find tommorrow.

by Anonymousreply 220June 23, 2021 6:39 AM

Whoa! R204 R207 you went way off the rails on this. All I was saying is that you can get drugs for virtually any ailment from a doc and they won' t argue with you. They WILL dispense it. You wanna quibble with generic vs. brand name. That was not a part of the original discussion. We are talking about getting drugs and overmedication. It happens. And I know for a fact that not all systems are linked (especially if you go out of State). Also everything is not in the records. Several times I've had to give permission for docs to send records between each other. This happened in 2021.

BTW, I know plenty of people who have gotten antibiotics as a precaution. But that's really not what we are talking about... that aint a "fun" drug!

And you may think Opioids are tough to get, but they're not. If you have any type of procedure and tell them you are in pain, that is the FIRST thing they prescribe and they push them hard. This has happened to me twice and I pushed back harder saying that I wanted SOMETHING ELSE!

My point was that people CAN get drugs & they're doing it. A lot of these candy man (and candy women) doctors are a problem. But let's not make this more than it is. Let's keep it the fun conversation the OP intended it to be!

by Anonymousreply 221June 23, 2021 10:13 AM

I absolutely agree, R221. Doctors have 5 minutes to see you and want you to be happy when you leave. Studies show that if you leave with a prescription or an order for a test, patients tend to be more satisfied. Doctors are human and want to be liked. Plus they are trained to prescribe for just about everything,

You list a problem and the first thing they'll talk to you about is medicine. Heck, if you go to the doctor with a cold, many will provide an anti-biotic, which is useless against a cold but makes the patient feel the doctor did something.

by Anonymousreply 222June 23, 2021 7:45 PM

R218 Unless you were near to the production source I doubt whether it ever really exited widely, without being cut down. Maybe in large entry cities, but not more widely out in smaller cities and towns. Even back in the 90s/00s, I can't recall seeing it. Ecstasy pills yes. Pure Molly, no.

That's the thing with powders. Depending on how far down the supply chain you were from the origin, they would usually be cut significantly, with each person in the chain cutting it so that they made a decent % on their part of the transaction. I always think that pills and green/solid were always reliable. But you could by a gram of coke from one reliable source one week and it be great, but go the following week and it would be awful.

by Anonymousreply 223June 23, 2021 10:28 PM

[Quote] Ecstasy pills yes. Pure Molly, no.

I’m confused. I use the terms interchangeably. aren’t they the same?

by Anonymousreply 224June 23, 2021 10:55 PM

By pure Molly, I took to mean pure MDMA powder, rather than in tablet form

by Anonymousreply 225June 23, 2021 10:59 PM

So E available? I haven't seen it in years

by Anonymousreply 226June 24, 2021 2:48 PM

Wait, I take ativan almost every day. It is a controlled substance. Are we considering that a drug on this thread?

by Anonymousreply 227June 24, 2021 4:19 PM

Diacetylmorphine……it’s the very best…..and the very worst drug on the planet.

It will rob you of everything and leave you for dead

by Anonymousreply 228June 24, 2021 4:26 PM

R227, how did you get a daily prescription? Is it only treating anxiety or something else? My psyc only approves 10 pills every few months or so.

by Anonymousreply 229June 24, 2021 4:56 PM

What is wrong with all you DLers that so many of you are on psych meds????

by Anonymousreply 230June 24, 2021 5:06 PM

Find a new shrink. Some shrinks are just super strict. Generally the ones that rich people go to are more generous.

by Anonymousreply 231June 25, 2021 1:26 AM

'Wait, I take ativan almost every day. It is a controlled substance. Are we considering that a drug on this thread?'

Of course benzos like Ativan, Xanax and Valium are a drug and are actually more addictive than crack cocaine and heroin. Good luck getting off that without a ten month doctor supervised taper. You could have a seizure and die if you went cold turkey on Ativan or any benzo. Ativan is almost identical to Xanax, by the way.

by Anonymousreply 232June 25, 2021 1:48 AM

I take Ativan or Xanax for a few days and then don’t take for a week or weeks. Have never had a problem. Maybe it’s the dosage. The paranoia around benzos is like Oxy - a few people who took way too much for too long just to have fun have ruined an effective treatment for the rest of us. Benzos are not like heroin - you do not get addicted and have to go through withdrawal with normal moderate usage.

by Anonymousreply 233June 26, 2021 12:58 AM

I get high on my own supply.

by Anonymousreply 234June 26, 2021 3:15 AM

I don’t understand the interest in Xanax. How can it make you high if all it does is put you to sleep?

by Anonymousreply 235June 28, 2021 4:29 AM

Paracetamol

by Anonymousreply 236June 28, 2021 4:38 AM

Orange Sunshine…….it was ethereal and intense at the same time…....it took the blinders away……it opened my mind to infinite possibilities

by Anonymousreply 237June 28, 2021 2:31 PM

Asprin

by Anonymousreply 238June 28, 2021 5:22 PM

R238 that is the BEST answer! Aspirin is wonderful. For most things it takes the pain away immediately and you are good for the next 4-6 hours. It is all you need for minor pain and discomfort. And no long term side effects!!

by Anonymousreply 239June 28, 2021 6:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!