Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ted Capwell's furry pubis

An excuse to chat about the residents of Santa Barbara......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99November 20, 2021 1:51 AM

Todd McKee. YUM!

by Anonymousreply 1June 11, 2021 1:27 PM

I wanted to cover Ted in baby oil.

by Anonymousreply 2June 11, 2021 1:33 PM

We were just friends! (Who traveled the world together sans female accompaniment.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 11, 2021 1:36 PM

It's all coming back to me.

by Anonymousreply 4June 11, 2021 1:36 PM

SB had some really hot men.

by Anonymousreply 5June 11, 2021 1:36 PM

Early Ted Capwell scenes had him in bed with curly haired Mexican American Danny Andrade while they were in Hollywood . What was never shown was their return to Santa Barbara where they partied in the Capwell pool house and got shit faced. Danny's mother, housekeeper Rosa, found them the next morning, passed out with each other's crotches in the other one's face. She was relieved when he became a drug addict because as a devoted catholic, she was scared of having a gay son, and the Santa Barbara Street thugs helped "straighten" him up.

by Anonymousreply 6June 11, 2021 2:02 PM

John Allen Nelson looks good these days.

R6 did they REALLY show him in bed with another guy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 12, 2021 4:06 PM

SOAP THREAD

by Anonymousreply 8June 12, 2021 4:14 PM

THANKS CAPTAIN OBVIOUS

by Anonymousreply 9June 12, 2021 4:15 PM

Todd McKee was much, much hotter than Michael Brainerd, although Michael had his moments. Remember the episodes where Angela handcuffed Ted (stripped to a pair of polka dot briefs) to a bed, then left?

by Anonymousreply 10June 14, 2021 12:27 AM

Brainard was cute, but Todd McKee oozed testosterone and virility.

by Anonymousreply 11June 14, 2021 12:31 AM

Todd McKee works as a financial planner in Century City now. I used to work in his building and I saw him a couple of times at Starbucks in a suit. He looks great. He couldn’t act though and it was obvious whenever he was in a scene with Lane Davies, Marcy Walker , etc .

Santa Barbara was excellent as long as Patrick Mulcahey was writing the dialogue. His scripts were so sharp and had dialogue that just felt more elevated than other soaps: It helped to hide the big flaws with Santa Barbara-primarily, the focus on a small group of characters to the point of wearing them out, while not being able to keep the actors people loved in their roles.

At one point, the show only had 12-13 contract cast members , on an hour long show, and some of those characters in that tiny ensemble were not in a storyline.

Eden, Cruz, Lionel and Julia were the only major characters not recast over a nine year run.

by Anonymousreply 12June 14, 2021 12:44 AM

Not to sound pretentious, but I think SB at its best was a little too esoteric and sophisticated for the average soap fan. It was a very tricky show to write. Who on earth thought that Pam Long, with her cornball and warm, fuzzy writing, would be a good fit?

by Anonymousreply 13June 14, 2021 12:48 AM

I miss Santa Barbara. When it was good, it was fucking amazing.

Some really incredible writing.

And Todd was/is hot!

by Anonymousreply 14June 14, 2021 12:52 AM

Todd was better used on Bold and Beautiful as Jake, Lauren Koslow's brother who was raped by his uncle. Todd has a hot brother who is a photographer. Jon McKee.

by Anonymousreply 15June 14, 2021 1:07 AM

Pam Long was probably picked as headwriter because her work on GL was praised, she did incorporate humor in that show, and she was available. It shows you how the network and powers that be didn’t understand the show.

They should have pursued Anne Marcus as the head writer , she wrote Mary Hartman so she knew how to do humor on a soap.

by Anonymousreply 16June 14, 2021 1:12 AM

My guess is that they needed to make the show more mainstream to appeal to a broader audience, in order to save it, thus the hiring of Pam Long as well as Rauch. All she wound up doing was dumbing down the show. It was either SB or Search for which she said she was hired knowing that the show was going to be canceled.

by Anonymousreply 17June 14, 2021 1:18 AM

Tricia Cast's first soap was Santa Barbara in summer 1985. She played Chrissy Duvall who came between Ted Captwell and Laken Lockridge.

by Anonymousreply 18June 14, 2021 1:37 AM

Ann Marcus wouldn't have been a bad choice for SB, but by 1992, she was writing Knots Landing.

by Anonymousreply 19June 14, 2021 1:58 AM

I was molested.

by Anonymousreply 20June 14, 2021 3:50 AM

Santa Barbara went to shit after I, the star of the show, left in 1988.

by Anonymousreply 21June 14, 2021 4:11 AM

Jill Phelps, Robert Guza , Charles Pratt-all three started their writer/producer careers on Santa Barbara.

by Anonymousreply 22June 14, 2021 5:11 AM

When will Miss Locher be doing a SB reunion? Surely he can scrape together three or four actors who want to speak to him.

by Anonymousreply 23June 14, 2021 5:20 AM

My girlfriend and I sent him a fan letter and then a few months later his rapist storyline came out and he was off the show. A few months after that he sent (or his fan club prez or whatever) a letter to her with a autographed picture and pleading with her to write NBC to get him back on the show. We were terrified. Haha

by Anonymousreply 24June 14, 2021 5:32 AM

Chip Mayer as the sleazy TJ on SB was one of the first men who made me feel funny and tingly down there when I was a kid. I was too young to understand what it meant but I knew I wanted to lie down next to him and for him to hold me in his muscular arms.

by Anonymousreply 25June 14, 2021 5:56 AM

You had me at FURRY PUBIS!

by Anonymousreply 26June 14, 2021 6:01 AM

He wasn’t much of an actor, but wow I loved Todd McKee. I only watched Santa Barbara and Bold & Beautiful for him.

by Anonymousreply 27June 14, 2021 6:17 AM

I misread that as fiery pubes & was like WTH, are you color blind?

by Anonymousreply 28June 14, 2021 6:43 AM

I read somewhere (perhaps on here) that Nicolas Coster retired to the Caribbean to teach scuba diving.

I still aspire to his Transatlantic accent.

by Anonymousreply 29June 14, 2021 7:12 AM

Nic Coster has just released an autobiography, "Another Whole Afternoon."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 14, 2021 12:21 PM

Have no idea who these guys are but they sure are cute.

by Anonymousreply 31June 14, 2021 1:27 PM

[quote]We were just friends! (Who traveled the world together sans female accompaniment.)

The photo at R3 seems to have disappeared. Here's another of travel buddies Todd McKee and Lane Davies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32June 14, 2021 1:30 PM

Eric Close got his start on this show. He played Sawyer, who was so cute.

by Anonymousreply 33June 14, 2021 1:33 PM

I spant 3/4 of the 80's wanking to John Allan Nelson in SB. Thanks OP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 14, 2021 1:36 PM

spent...still affected obviously. The vision of him crossing the lawn to the swimming pool in his tiny speedo and flip-flops was inevitably sending me to my bedroom like the house was on fire

by Anonymousreply 35June 14, 2021 1:38 PM

I was looking at the Coster autobiography and read the sample page on Amazon.

Sad that it appears his son Ian took his own life in 2016. He says in the introduction that writing the book helped him pass the time after Ian's death.

He describes Ian as a combination of, and I quote, "RuPaul and Oscar Wilde."

Very sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 14, 2021 1:45 PM

R34 Me too. And he still looks reasonably decent these days at R7.

I didn't always get into the stories other than Mason/Julia and whatever Augusta was up to, but there was always a hot guy on somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 37June 15, 2021 1:44 PM

Chip Mayer is rabidly born again.

by Anonymousreply 38June 15, 2021 1:53 PM

Todd McKee developed an even HOTTER body as he got older - even when he retired from acting

Here he is on Bold & Beautiful in 2008, returning to the show for a few episodes - long after he retired as an actor.

WOW

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 15, 2021 1:57 PM

[quote] Chip Mayer is rabidly born again.

I think he rather lost the rabid part when he died.

by Anonymousreply 40June 15, 2021 2:12 PM

Eileen Davidson was married to Chip Mayer in the 80s. On the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills she brought up a prior abusive relationship, and people here suspected that Chip Mayer was her abusive ex.

Speaking of Eileen, she was atrocious as Kelly Capwell. I liked Carrington Garland, she was a decent actress and looked like she could be related to Marcy Walker and Judith McConnell.

I wonder if the show would have stayed on the air longer if the Dobsons hadn’t been locked out of the show in 1987. At minimum, that might have spared us from Jill Phelps, since Bridget Dobson hated her and Jill replaced the Dobsons.

Watch Bridget Dobson push Jill Phelps aside to get her Emmy below. It’s very Soapdish.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 15, 2021 2:27 PM

There were parts of the show that were brilliant, largely driven by various writers' enthusiasm for characters and actors. Cruz & Eden, Mason & Julia, Keith & Gina, Lionel & Augusta, CC Capwell ... they all had spectacular material at one point or another (some for years). But many of the other characters and stories were dull as could be. Furry pubis aside, Ted Capwell was never an engaging character, not in the writing or the acting.

by Anonymousreply 42June 15, 2021 2:38 PM

SB was always like B&B to me.

I mean, the good stories were better than B&B of course. But it was always lopsided. A handful of interesting characters (as listed above) and then a lot of terrible fluff or nonstarters.

by Anonymousreply 43June 15, 2021 4:17 PM

Were Judith McConnell and Linda Gibboney "good friends"? And who the hell thought Janis Paige would be age appropriate as Nic Coster's mother?

by Anonymousreply 44June 15, 2021 6:18 PM

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 45June 16, 2021 1:52 AM

John Allen Nelson was the star of the movie "Hunk". The premise was some nerd makes a deal with the devil to turn himself into JAN. Basically the movie was an excuse for him to parade around in a speedo for 90 minutes. Those pecs still make me weak kneed!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46June 16, 2021 1:59 AM

at what time r41? I don't see it.

by Anonymousreply 47June 16, 2021 2:12 AM

Push was definitely the wrong word, r41. Sorry I was typing that on my phone.

But Bridget made sure she got to the stage and the podium before Jill, who’s standing behind her, pissed.

by Anonymousreply 48June 16, 2021 2:34 AM

JFP definitely does not look happy standing on that stage.

I loved Bridget's comment about New World locking her out but the Emmys could not lock her out.

by Anonymousreply 49June 16, 2021 2:51 AM

It's sweet to see how incredibly excited the SB cast is that their show won. Why, our beloved Todd McKee even has a disposable camera!

by Anonymousreply 50June 16, 2021 3:39 AM

R46 I shot so many loads to that chest and those nipples.

by Anonymousreply 51June 16, 2021 3:56 AM

Who is the guy to JFP's right in that clip? That's not Chuck Pratt, is it? I see Julie Hanan Carruthers there. She did such great work at SB, but was a miserable fit at AMC.

by Anonymousreply 52June 16, 2021 4:30 AM

I forgot that Joel Crothers was on SB shortly before he died of lymphoma. I wonder if his fiance Velekka ever visited him at the studio.

by Anonymousreply 53June 16, 2021 4:53 AM

Bridget Dobson is a nutjob. Brendad level of crazy.

by Anonymousreply 54June 16, 2021 10:03 AM

spoooooooge

by Anonymousreply 55June 16, 2021 1:09 PM

Did Velekka break her engagement to Dennis Parker to get engaged to Joel?

by Anonymousreply 56June 16, 2021 2:05 PM

Wait! What? Velekka was engaged to Dennis Parker? I never heard that one. 'Wasn't he romantically linked with Lisa Sloan (Nicole #3). I remember Daytime TV doing a story on their friendship and hinting that it might be blossoming into something more. There were really cute photos of them walking arm in arm in Central Park and holding hands on the steps of the MOMA.

by Anonymousreply 57June 16, 2021 2:30 PM

spoooooooge

by Anonymousreply 58June 16, 2021 3:47 PM

[quote] Did Velekka break her engagement to Dennis Parker to get engaged to Joel?

That Velekka...always a fiancee, never a bridesmaid.

by Anonymousreply 59June 17, 2021 12:43 AM

He was just so beautiful and affable. Every angle of him was gorgeous. He always had stupid relationships, though, and didn't really interact well with romantic co-stars in that regard.

SB is on YT, by the way. It's been great to rewatch the whole series over the past few years. I watch a couple episodes each night before bed.

by Anonymousreply 60June 17, 2021 12:52 AM

Is Todd a top or a bottom?

by Anonymousreply 61June 17, 2021 1:31 AM

r61 top nine inches thick, straight and veiny with a huge mushroom head that leaks precum like a fountain.

by Anonymousreply 62June 17, 2021 2:20 AM

Todd’s a straight male.

by Anonymousreply 63June 17, 2021 3:02 AM

Todd McKee was pretty but a mediocre actor. This was glaringly apparent whenever he was in a scene with Lane Davies or Marcy Walker.

The only Ted had that I enjoyed was with Hayley, Gina’s niece. Todd had good chemistry with Stacy Edwards.

by Anonymousreply 64June 17, 2021 3:46 AM

John Allen Nelson is hot.

by Anonymousreply 65June 17, 2021 4:04 AM

So many of the men on Santa Barbara were hot -- Todd, John, A Martinez, Roscoe Born, Peter Love, and many more.

by Anonymousreply 66June 17, 2021 4:28 AM

r66, you left out the hottest of the hot, Timothy Gibbs.

by Anonymousreply 67June 17, 2021 4:38 AM

OMG, you're right r67. Sorry! He was hot.

A DL sin I have committed.

by Anonymousreply 68June 17, 2021 4:57 AM

A Martinez could rape me repeatedly and I would say Thank you he is that hot.

by Anonymousreply 69June 17, 2021 2:05 PM

A’s pinga is huge!

by Anonymousreply 70June 17, 2021 2:14 PM

He always struck me as bi. Dunno why but I get the feeling he would just as happy with a guy as a woman.

by Anonymousreply 71June 17, 2021 2:22 PM

Timothy Gibbs was so beautiful in the MTM flop “Just Between Friends”, and extremely handsome in the years that followed. But his face aged hard. Combination of genetics + sun/cigarettes?

by Anonymousreply 72June 17, 2021 2:26 PM

I've told this before, but I saw Tim Gibbs at the Jersey shore several years ago. We were staying at the same B&B, and I would see him in one of the common areas using their computers. He was wearing cargo shorts, half-buttoned tacky Hawaiian shirt, white crew socks, and sneaks. Typical straight guy attire. He had a deep tan. He was still very handsome, but you could begin to see the ravages of the sun/tanning on his face.

by Anonymousreply 73June 17, 2021 3:00 PM

Another SB hottie not mentioned above, Richard Eden who played bastard son Brick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74June 17, 2021 5:45 PM

And what am I? Chopped liver?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75June 17, 2021 5:57 PM

Wasn’t there an entire episode written by Patrick Mulcahey in Iambic Pentameter?

by Anonymousreply 76June 17, 2021 6:03 PM

Some of my favorite clips of SB. Gina is being tossed out of the mansion by CC, who has just woken up from a coma, now played by Jed Allan.

She’s told by CC that she is to leave with only the possessions she brought with her…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77June 17, 2021 6:12 PM

The presumed dead Gina shows up in the bathtub, alive, and gives Kirk a heart attack (starts at7:00).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78June 17, 2021 6:16 PM

Mary is killed by the neon “C” atop the Capwell Hotel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79June 17, 2021 6:22 PM

CC in R77's clip is the spitting image of Jeffrey Epstein!

by Anonymousreply 80June 17, 2021 6:29 PM

Did Zimmer get the "and..." credit?

by Anonymousreply 81June 17, 2021 6:35 PM

The picture for this episode 3 is enough to make me moist all over again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82June 17, 2021 6:37 PM

Todd and his wife Kristin have a s six-year old daughter, and he's basically built an entire Vimeo channel around the kid. He occasionally appears in these endless displays of cutesiness. I' might guess he's looking to be her agent.

by Anonymousreply 83June 17, 2021 7:05 PM

r82 Who shaved Todd's chest? Is that a makeup person's job, or does the actor do it himself?

by Anonymousreply 84June 17, 2021 7:55 PM

Is Judith McConnell a scissor sister? A muff muncher?

by Anonymousreply 85June 19, 2021 12:42 AM

My mother loooooooooved A Martinez.

by Anonymousreply 86June 19, 2021 12:56 AM

Gina has to be Robin Mattson's favorite and fun role, though probably Heather on GH was probably more of her signature role.

by Anonymousreply 87June 19, 2021 1:02 AM

Cruz and Eden have more chemistry than any other soap couple!

Including Luke and Laura.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88June 19, 2021 1:02 AM

Josh and Tangie has more chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 89June 19, 2021 1:13 AM

Ew.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90June 19, 2021 1:20 AM

Todd McKee is 57, and he has a 6 year old? Ok....

His little girl seems pretty privileged....demanding all other 6 year olds do all these activities that require a lot of money.

by Anonymousreply 91June 19, 2021 1:29 AM

That child is obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 92June 19, 2021 1:53 AM

It's a shame Robin Mattson doesn't have an Emmy. She's been terrific in every soap I've seen her in. Gina is my favourite, but I thought she did an amazing job as Janet on All My Children.

by Anonymousreply 93June 19, 2021 1:59 AM

I met Robin Mattson when she was on AMC. She was very nice.

by Anonymousreply 94June 19, 2021 2:03 AM

How was she as Delia on Ryan's Hope?

by Anonymousreply 95June 19, 2021 2:06 AM

I liked Robin Mattson as Gina. But, most of her time spent as Gina was her yelling for attention.

I liked it when her character had softer shades, like when she was just hanging out with Brandon, or when she was standing there listening to Bunny go on and on - and she conveyed a 'trying to process this weirdo' vibe. But these moments were few and far between. All her schemes, and the personality around them were very outlandish, far fetched, and vaudevillian, with no subtlety ever.

by Anonymousreply 96June 19, 2021 2:07 AM

r84 I was on set one day on B&B when the director complimented the makeup person on Todd's body makeup - how even his tan was. She laughed and said, "he is not wearing body makeup."

by Anonymousreply 97June 19, 2021 2:08 AM

fap

fap

fap

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98June 19, 2021 1:03 PM

Santa Barbara and....Russia?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99November 20, 2021 1:51 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!