Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Have to Cut Down 13 Trees

In order to get solar for our house, the solar companies (we got several quotes) say we must remove 13 trees in order to get enough sun to the panels.

We've been wanting solar since we bought the house 5 years ago, and are finally in a financial position to pay cash for a top of the line system. But I'm heartbroken about losing these trees.

Most all of them are "trash" trees like swamp maples and tulip poplars, the latter always loses limbs during heavy storms because it's very soft wood. And in preparation we've already planted the same amount of smaller, younger trees in areas of that won't affect the solar panels.

I'm just really sad about how barren it will look for many years. All so we can have a $0 electric bill and tell ConEd to fuck itself.

I have until tomorrow to schedule the tree guy in order to get the price he quoted, but I can't bring myself to call.

I know, "MARY!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 3June 10, 2021 7:44 PM

Forgot to add, don't get me started on the small animals like squirrels and birds who will lose their homes.

😭😭😭

by Anonymousreply 1June 10, 2021 7:33 PM

One of my neighbors down the street has a new neighbor who remodeled their home and cut down trees to put in panels. She was told she could not grow anything taller { like a tree } in her yard that would interfere with her neighbors panels by law. She pissed because the new people are apparently assholes.

by Anonymousreply 2June 10, 2021 7:40 PM

I have to cut down 14 trees OP

by Anonymousreply 3June 10, 2021 7:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!