Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What were the best movies of the 2000s?

Top 5, Top 10, doesn't matter, your opinions please

by Anonymousreply 9June 10, 2021 5:26 PM

What Happens in Vegas

Bring It On

Just Married

White Chicks

Devil Wears Prada

by Anonymousreply 1June 10, 2021 2:59 PM

Any others?

by Anonymousreply 2June 10, 2021 3:29 PM

I can't even think of 10 movies from this decade that even qualify for the test of time.

by Anonymousreply 3June 10, 2021 3:31 PM

That's fine R3. I'm sure you can make your 1950s 1970s film thread instead

by Anonymousreply 4June 10, 2021 3:35 PM

First ten I thought of:

Call Me by Your Name

God’s Own Country

The Pianist

The Social Network

Milk

Traffic

The Good Shepherd

Manchester by the Sea

Brokeback Mountain

Mystic River

by Anonymousreply 5June 10, 2021 4:53 PM

Every five star movie to me of the 21st century by director (exhaustive list because I'm boooooored at work)

Pedro Almodovar: Bad Education, Pain and Glory Paul Thomas Anderson: There Will Be Blood, The Master, Phantom Thread Wes Anderson: The Royal Tenenbaums, Fantastic Mr. Fox, The Grand Budapest Hotel Sean Baker: The Florida Project Derek Cianfrance: Blue Valentine Coen Brothers: No Country for Old Men, Burn After Reading, A Serious Man (3 years in a row!), Inside Llewyn Davis Cameron Crowe: Almost Famous Sofia Coppola: Marie Antoinette, Somewhere Robert Eggers: The VVitch, The Lighthouse Jonathan Glazer: Under the Skin Michael Gondry: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind Mary Harron: American Psycho Bong-joon Ho: Memories of Murder Barry Jenkins: Moonlight Charlie Kaufman: Synecdoche, New York (oh how I miss PSH!) Harmony Korine: Spring Breakers Yorgos Lanthimos: Dogtooth, The Lobster, The Killing of a Sacred Deer, The Favourite Ang Lee: Brokeback Mountain Kenneth Logeran: Margaret, Manchester by the Sea Mia Hansen-Love: Things to Come David Lynch: Mulholland Dr. Terrence Malick: The New World, The Tree of Life Michael Mann: Miami Vice Martin McDonagh: In Bruges Greg Mottola: Superbad Lynne Ramsey: Morvern Caller, You Were Never Really Here Safdie Brothers: Heaven Knows What, Good Time, Uncut Gems Martin Scorsese: The Departed, The Wolf of Wall Street, The Irishman Ben Stiller (somehow, yes): Tropic Thunder Quentin Tarantino: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood Lars von Trier: Dancer in the Dark, Dogville, Melancholia Paul Verhoeven: Elle David Wain: Wet Hot American Summer Mark Waters: Mean Girls

by Anonymousreply 6June 10, 2021 5:23 PM

Young Adult. Time will end up being very kind to that movie.

by Anonymousreply 7June 10, 2021 5:24 PM

Sorry that it formatted like dogshit ^

by Anonymousreply 8June 10, 2021 5:24 PM

Amores Perros

Zodiac

Apocalypto

There Will Be Blood

Brokeback Mountain

by Anonymousreply 9June 10, 2021 5:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!