Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jessica Chastain Is Barely Recognizable In ‘Eyes Of Tammy Faye’ Trailer

The “Zero Dark Thirty” actor and Andrew Garfield star as notorious televangelists Tammy Faye and Jim Bakker in the forthcoming biopic, due out in September.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2510 hours ago

“The Eyes of Tammy Faye” takes its name from a 2000 documentary aimed at redeeming Tammy Faye’s image. Narrated by RuPaul, the documentary emphasized Tammy Faye’s outspoken support of the LGBTQ community, as well as people living with HIV/AIDS.

by Anonymousreply 1Last Wednesday at 11:44 PM

Who's that guy in the pic at OP? Major cookie smells!

by Anonymousreply 2Last Wednesday at 11:57 PM

I'm afraid I was responsible for my mom getting hooked on Jim Bakker's show. I would watch and count to myself how many times they would ask the suckers to send them money, I thought it was hilarious. But mom got into it after a bit. That led to a few arguments, at least until the bubble burst.

Bless Jessica Hahn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3Last Thursday at 1:04 AM

I miss FILTHY RICH. So much potential.

by Anonymousreply 4Last Thursday at 1:12 AM

I recognize her and she looks boring as fuck, how’d she manage that as Tammy Faye?

by Anonymousreply 5Last Thursday at 2:11 AM

Tammy was just so full of life...Chastain is a good actress, but there was just something missing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6Last Thursday at 2:29 AM

Chastain is doing very well here. If the movie is half as good as the trailer it will be a sensation.

by Anonymousreply 7Last Thursday at 3:32 AM

MANY Years ago, i once waited on Tammy Faye at a restaurant, she was with a female friend and was actually very sweet and normal...

by Anonymousreply 8Last Thursday at 4:06 AM

I've never seen RuPaul do an interview. She's fabulous! She could barely get a word in edge-wise what with Tammy's motor mouth, but she remained supportive and giving.

by Anonymousreply 9Last Thursday at 4:20 AM

[quote]Jessica Chastain Is Barely Recognizable

That’s the whole point of acting, dipshit.

by Anonymousreply 10Last Thursday at 5:44 AM

Here's the trailer. She pulls it off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11Yesterday at 6:05 AM

The voice is nowhere near, but I’m liking the overall tone (and color scheme!) of the movie.

by Anonymousreply 12Yesterday at 6:53 AM

I think it looks really good. She's nailed the voice without it being parody (although I could swear I heard Faye as Palin at moments.) Ever since Emma Corrin nailed Diana in The Crown you realise how important the voice is to recreating the character, especially when so indelible.

One question, is In Theaters a really new streaming service? Because I can't find it on Google anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 13Yesterday at 6:57 AM

best part of the trailer was the classic hit "these eyes" by the guess who being played!...

by Anonymousreply 14Yesterday at 8:38 AM

I remember when she was being hyped to death circa 2011-2013. She then did a couple of independent films that were complete duds so she started doing things for the money i.e X-Men, IT. Now clearly she wants to restart her quest for an Oscar.

I didn’t have a problem with her when she first came onto the scene but then she got woke. Furthermore, she constantly goes on about how women in the industry are treated like shit but had no problem working with Matthew Newton. Newton is a director who has a history of alleged assault and domestic violence in Australia.

by Anonymousreply 15Yesterday at 8:39 AM

Miss Chastain is THIRSTY... for an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 16Yesterday at 8:44 AM

You know, Tammy Bakker wore a great deal of make up and her singing was not of - let's just say Broadway quality. That part could win an Oscar and I don't know why it went to some barely capable has been like this young woman. That potential Oscar winning part should have gone to a safe pair of hands. A safe pair of liver spotted, grasping - oh, fuck it: [bold][italic] WHO DO I HAVE TO BLOW?[/bold][/italic]

by Anonymousreply 17Yesterday at 2:23 PM

R17: Just enjoy your participation certificates and keep shakin that ass.

by Anonymousreply 18Yesterday at 2:28 PM

R17: Marry a famous Hollywood director.

by Anonymousreply 19Yesterday at 2:29 PM

I'm sorry, Jessica Chastain doesn't "nail it" on this. She sucks. She is always underwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 20Yesterday at 2:31 PM

Did the movie capture Tammy Faye’s scene with Leona Helmsley and Zsa Zsa Gabor?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21Yesterday at 2:35 PM

[Quote] Can we talk about Satiin later, Jim.

Lol I love it

by Anonymousreply 2214 hours ago

She also isn't recognizable as Tammy Faye. Where is the square face, brought mouth, and crazy clown eyes?

My drugged up sister used to hate-watch their show with her drugged up now husband.

by Anonymousreply 2311 hours ago

[quote]I didn’t have a problem with her when she first came onto the scene but then she got woke.

That’s something I always leave at the door — I don’t care about the actor’s politics. Why should I?

by Anonymousreply 2410 hours ago

Jesshica Chashtain

by Anonymousreply 2510 hours ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!