Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful Friends: 1860 Italianate in Sudlersville, Maryland

Thoughts?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 10, 2021 1:30 PM

Italianate?

by Anonymousreply 1June 10, 2021 6:03 AM

I love it. And it looks quiet...crop fields on either side and no houses very close.

by Anonymousreply 2June 10, 2021 6:13 AM

Nicely furnished - there’s an antique freak in the mix who spends $75 per trip - more if something is worth it. She needs to find more shutters for the side and front left corner of the house. Old barn sale shutters are usually trash, so she may have to buy repros and those are pricey as fuck.

Sale is pending and I’m wondering about the price of propane. Once upon a time, you closed off part of the house during Winter and focused heat to keep the living area warm. I bring this up because the public rooms don’t have doors. I’ll bet they use space heaters in the bedrooms during the Winter.

Taxes are cheap. I’d test the well water since there are cultivated fields surrounding the place.

by Anonymousreply 3June 10, 2021 6:25 AM

The house and property are nice, but how bizarre would it be to be living in the middle of crop fields like that.

by Anonymousreply 4June 10, 2021 7:52 AM

I lived in upstate NY and living on a plot of land in between crop fields is quite common. And nice, as usually the crops they are growing are corn.

by Anonymousreply 5June 10, 2021 7:55 AM

I'm not a pool person but everything is lovely (decor aside), including the price. The only thing that bothers me is that a road runs straight into the property (it seems to be situated at an intersection) which is considered very bad luck from where I'm from.

by Anonymousreply 6June 10, 2021 8:09 AM

Agree: nice house, well staged for a change. But why'd they brick up the fireplaces?

And I couldn't live out in the middle of fields, far away (apparently) from everyone and everything -- as a security issue, among other things.

by Anonymousreply 7June 10, 2021 8:19 AM

What is the security issue?

by Anonymousreply 8June 10, 2021 12:40 PM

Can’t imagine.

by Anonymousreply 9June 10, 2021 1:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!