Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful Friends- A 7,200 square foot spread above the Boston Ritz-Carlton

Includes 5 underground garage parking spaces.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 10, 2021 2:35 PM

It's beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 1June 10, 2021 2:48 AM

But it's still in Boston, so there is that.

by Anonymousreply 2June 10, 2021 2:54 AM

I've rarely seen a place so utterly devoid of all appeal.

Except for the view, it looks like a Brooklyn co-op furnished from a late-70s Ikea catalog -- it redefines the design concept "neutral" down to "private mental clinic".

by Anonymousreply 3June 10, 2021 10:48 AM

All the envious New Yorkers respond.

by Anonymousreply 4June 10, 2021 10:59 AM

Low ceilings..

by Anonymousreply 5June 10, 2021 11:00 AM

My friend’s parents live full time in the Ritz Carlton Boston, I like the location but some would turn their noses at it. Close to Chinatown, Financial District.

by Anonymousreply 6June 10, 2021 11:11 AM

I just hope the buyer is somebody I hate.

by Anonymousreply 7June 10, 2021 11:15 AM

Its very uninspiring, creamy yellow and creamy beige. R3 is right, it looks as if it has been decorated with paint and fittings left over from a refurb of a hospital or aged care facility

by Anonymousreply 8June 10, 2021 11:17 AM

It looks exactly like what it is-- a high end hotel suite.

Right down to the hotel room style drapes.

When I went to Boston for work I used to stay at the Park Plaza which is more or less next door.

It's a great location for a business trip or even a tourist, but living there would not be great as there aren't really any services nearby--supermarkets, groceries, shoe repair, etc.

The location would be great for a pied-a-terre, but for that much money, I'd go further into Back Bay or Beacon Hill or even the South End.

Worth noting how much construction must be going on in Cambridge -- you can see all the cranes in the out-the-window shots.

by Anonymousreply 9June 10, 2021 11:28 AM

What a disappointment, 12 million! An astounding bore.

by Anonymousreply 10June 10, 2021 12:26 PM

R9 The Ritz-Carlton Boston Common Hotel is a modernist glass building that opened in 2001. I think you are thinking of the old Ritz (from 1927) on Arlington that closed in 2006. For a while Boston was home to two Ritz-Carlton hotels; they faced each other across Boston Common, about half a mile away.

The old Ritz became the Taj for a while, and just reopened as the Newbury Hotel.

by Anonymousreply 11June 10, 2021 12:46 PM

The HOA is $11,000 a month. Yikes!

by Anonymousreply 12June 10, 2021 12:47 PM

I'm odd in that I love boring, bland condos, because I can always think of so many things to do with it to spruce it up. This one is no exception, and I genuinely like that it looks like a 1960s-era West Coast condo that a retired celebrity would spend their final years in. The problem is that it's in Boston and not LA, and it's so overpriced I thought it was a typo at first.

by Anonymousreply 13June 10, 2021 12:53 PM

45 million for Boston?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 10, 2021 12:55 PM

At least they don't have to fear getting murdered as they would in New York. Boston's mayor is actually competent.

by Anonymousreply 15June 10, 2021 1:31 PM

Actually I was mixing it up with the Four Seasons R11--just googled and that was what I was thinking of.

They also recently opened a new hotel in a tower it seems, closer to Copley and I wonder if they will keep both places.

by Anonymousreply 16June 10, 2021 1:38 PM

I think the OP is the superior property to the Franklin St. property.

I quite like the OP property.. it is neutral but it's big, lots of space, marvellous views. Though I query who needs seven bedrooms. I can't square it.

Also it reminds me of Joan Collins' duplex set on Dynasty. Though that's not really an argument in its favour.

by Anonymousreply 17June 10, 2021 2:13 PM

The old Ritz Carlton was so great. The new one is just tasteless. I've stayed at both.

by Anonymousreply 18June 10, 2021 2:23 PM

Seven bedrooms is a bit of a stretch. There is a two bedroom "guest suite" in the rear, but otherwise a lot of offices (his, hers, the house manager's), studies, and lounges, all on one floor. There are grand public spaces (10' ceilings) and a large kitchen, great for fundraisers and large scale entertaining. After a tour from the previous owner, my comment was "so basically you live in a one bedroom" and she acknowledged that her brother had said the same.

by Anonymousreply 19June 10, 2021 2:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!