Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

It's official Val Demings is running for the US Senate!

She's going to smash little Marco!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91July 4, 2022 1:46 PM

That's exciting. Not sure if I know all her positions but should shake things up. Plus she's a very viable candidate.

by Anonymousreply 1June 10, 2021 2:36 AM

Val already raised a million dollars.

by Anonymousreply 2June 11, 2021 10:16 PM

She is a viable candidate, but probably won’t win. Florida still swings Republican and not sure if I see many Hispanics voting for a Black person over one of their own.

Good news for DeSantis however. She won’t be able to challenge him for Governor.

by Anonymousreply 3June 11, 2021 10:23 PM

She’s got a great name in Florida. We’ll see how this shakes out. I can tell from Rubio’s tweets that he’s scared shitless

by Anonymousreply 4June 11, 2021 10:26 PM

If there's anybody I would like to see ripping Joe Manchin a new one, it's Val Demings!

by Anonymousreply 5June 11, 2021 10:32 PM

I think she's awesome... but what do I know?

If she stresses her police background, she should do well here.

by Anonymousreply 6June 11, 2021 10:38 PM

I hope she makes Marco cry like a little bitch.

by Anonymousreply 7June 11, 2021 10:41 PM

Lil Marco is such a spineless little fool. Go Val👍

by Anonymousreply 8June 11, 2021 11:34 PM

Val, honey...kick Rubio's ass. I hate that little Trump ass-licker.

by Anonymousreply 9June 12, 2021 12:08 AM

Much classier than lil Marco.

[quote]I’m praying for @ CaseyDeSantis and the DeSantis family. I wish her a speedy recovery during this difficult time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 5, 2021 5:12 AM

At this point…the Ds are just fundraising.

(They are not a real political party.)

by Anonymousreply 11October 5, 2021 6:18 AM

In what could be a very strong Republican year, & in an increasingly Republican state, I unfortunately don’t see this ending well for her.

by Anonymousreply 12October 5, 2021 7:16 AM

Marco is such an empty suit. But odds are that he'll come out on top regardless of Val's strengths.

by Anonymousreply 13October 5, 2021 7:40 AM

She should have been VP.

by Anonymousreply 14October 5, 2021 12:13 PM

Thanks to friendly media, she will raise millions of dollars, keep half of it, do well in polls, then lose to Lil Marco by 10 points.

Same thing happened last time in South Carolina, Maine, Kentucky, Texas, North Carolina, etc.

by Anonymousreply 15October 5, 2021 12:26 PM

She’ll lose.

by Anonymousreply 16October 5, 2021 3:33 PM

Yes, R14, she was my choice, too.

by Anonymousreply 17October 5, 2021 5:01 PM

She's a good candidate. She probably won't win but part of winning the Senate is running good candidates everywhere, having them build real campaigns, and then being in a position to win if the pendulum swings their way on election day.

In both 2016 and 2020, several Republicans won after they were expected to lose. (Toomey, Collins and Tillis come to mind, DeSantis too). It CAN work the other way.

by Anonymousreply 18October 5, 2021 5:47 PM

I think this will be a very close election. I wonder if Demmings can get people excited about coming out to vote for her, that would be fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 19October 5, 2021 5:54 PM

[quote]Same thing happened last time in South Carolina, Maine, Kentucky, Texas, North Carolina, etc.

Progressive/ Dems cannot scream "We need a FIFTY STATE APPROACH IN EVERY ELECTION!!!!" then bitch about losing lots of elections. Remember the intense hatred toward Hillary Clinton when it was argued she played in too few states seeking to put the resources where it would work best? You cannot reject both strategies.

by Anonymousreply 20October 5, 2021 5:58 PM

Sadly I don't think there is any real chance Rubio will lose. I'd be happy to see people the people of Florida prove me wrong, but to expect the best of Florida....

by Anonymousreply 21October 5, 2021 6:03 PM

Related

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 5, 2021 6:03 PM

Little Marco wasn't going to run again because he didn't like being a Senator. He actually said it out loud. The Repubs convinced him to stay and the idiots in Florida voted for a man who didn't want to work for them. If that's the kind of ignorant Deplorables in the state, I wish Val all the luck in the world because she's going to need it.

I don't understand some voters. They vote AGAINST the person who would be best for them, who CARES about getting legislation passed that would be good for them and then they have the gall to complain that government is BROKEN. Of course, it's bloody broken, you fucktards. You keep voting in people who have contempt for you.

by Anonymousreply 23October 5, 2021 6:04 PM

I'm sure Lil' Marco misses foam parties, so he would not be sad if he lost.

by Anonymousreply 24October 5, 2021 6:35 PM

r24 Wondering at what point in time it was appropriate to just spread weird gossip like a name association game. Im guessing its not the first time today you saw a famous name and quickly repeated the shittiest thing you ever saw on a message board about them.

by Anonymousreply 25October 6, 2021 4:35 AM

Luff huh. So tired of DeathSantis and all the Republicant crooks in Floriduh.

by Anonymousreply 26October 6, 2021 4:44 AM

8.4 million

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27October 13, 2021 11:37 AM

I support Val, but there is little chance Rubio will be defeated. Florida is getting redder each day

by Anonymousreply 28October 13, 2021 11:46 AM

I've never felt like Marco Rubio particularly enjoys his job. He's a deeply unhappy person, but he will cling to this job and power because it's the only thing he can imagine doing.

How sad for him.

by Anonymousreply 29October 13, 2021 11:48 AM

I love Val. She really should have been VP. She's a good candidate, probably won't win, but she will keep foam boy on his toys. I think it's becoming obvious that democrats, pinning hopes on Hispanics to turn some states blue is not happening.

by Anonymousreply 30October 13, 2021 11:55 AM

FL's all-powerful Cuban-American voters will never let Marco quit.

by Anonymousreply 31October 13, 2021 12:42 PM

Val Demings fundraising haul of 8.4m gives Amy McGrath vibes.

It's gonna be the race that resistlibs pour most money into, but lose (Like KY-Sen 2020). No possible way that Marco Rubio is gonna lose.

by Anonymousreply 32October 13, 2021 10:11 PM

She needs a better wig first

by Anonymousreply 33October 13, 2021 11:45 PM

Stop

by Anonymousreply 34October 14, 2021 12:32 AM

Team Rubio!

by Anonymousreply 35October 14, 2021 1:06 AM

Team fascist^^^

by Anonymousreply 36October 14, 2021 1:52 AM

r32 Marco Rubio could lose. It's not likely to happen and Florida might be wave resistant (as we saw in 2018). But she starts out with a 10-20% chance of winning.

This is not like Kentucky where you had a much redder state and Mitch McConnell, who could raise $100 million for his campaign, $100 million in dark money, and then reach into a joint bank account with his billionaire wife and throw another $100 mil at the wall if it had been necessary. It wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 37October 14, 2021 3:57 AM

I like cute white Cuban like Rubio. Is he uncut?

by Anonymousreply 38October 14, 2021 9:44 AM

Florida is hopeless, Democrats better off investing in Texas instead.

Young people move to Texas to work, old people move to Florida to retire. Plus you don't have to contend with Cubans and South Americans who have communist PTSD.

by Anonymousreply 39October 14, 2021 11:52 AM

Conservatives are pouring into Florida from the North

by Anonymousreply 40October 14, 2021 11:53 AM

Democrats need to understand a few key points:

1) Ohio is gone. 2) Texas isn’t happening anytime soon. 3) Florida is hopeless. 4) Iowa is gone. 5)Therefore, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin are must-wins.

by Anonymousreply 41October 14, 2021 11:54 AM

And ethnic minorities ( anyone non-white ) not always a safe liberal voter.

by Anonymousreply 42October 14, 2021 3:06 PM

True, and Latinos especially are not prone to campaigns that view them as voting based on their ethnicity. Moreover, many Latinos are culturally conservative and against illegal immigration

by Anonymousreply 43October 14, 2021 3:23 PM

This is going to be Sara Gideon all over again.

by Anonymousreply 44October 14, 2021 4:49 PM

r44 Sara Gideon was expected to win. A Val Demmings win would be an upset but not an impossibility and will only occur as part of a nationwide trend towards Democrats. It wont need to be a wave election.

Most people have no idea how to read this stuff. We've got someone upthread comparing this race to Mitch McConnell's 2020 race also.

R41 is an example of that. The first step is having quality candidates everywhere. You need candidates who can win if the political winds change, or if the assumed winner self destructs (or dies) before election day. Every single cycle, presumed winners unexpectedly die or self destruct.

by Anonymousreply 45October 14, 2021 6:29 PM

I keep getting Val Demmings “Omg, I’m falling behind in fundraising, Rubio is going to win because YOU’RE not giving me money!” emails, daily. She sounds desperate.

by Anonymousreply 46October 15, 2021 6:17 PM

They all do that

by Anonymousreply 47October 15, 2021 6:22 PM

[quote] There are plenty of reasons why DeSantis wants fewer Democrats in the Florida legislature, but one is likely top-of-mind: Republicans are currently drawing a gerrymander, and Democrats need every single vote to fight it. By keeping seats vacant, DeSantis is sapping their power.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48October 15, 2021 9:24 PM

[quote]I don't understand some voters. They vote AGAINST the person who would be best for them, who CARES about getting legislation passed that would be good for them and then they have the gall to complain that government is BROKEN. Of course, it's bloody broken, you fucktards. You keep voting in people who have contempt for you.

But I'm White, R23. WHITE!!!

by Anonymousreply 49October 15, 2021 9:46 PM

[quote] Remember the intense hatred toward Hillary Clinton when it was argued she played in too few states seeking to put the resources where it would work best?

No, but I remember Mook ignoring people on the ground in the rustbelt because the “data” said he could grow the map.

by Anonymousreply 50October 15, 2021 9:55 PM

[quote] I'm running for U.S. Senate because I will never tire of standing up for what is right. Never tire of serving Florida. Never tire of doing good.

Forget the voters. It's all about YOU.

by Anonymousreply 51October 15, 2021 10:07 PM

This...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52October 15, 2021 10:20 PM

She keeps sending me emails begging for $$$. I live in Texas. We've got more than enough problems with republicans here and all my money's going to Texas dems.

by Anonymousreply 53October 15, 2021 10:54 PM

r53 It's called hitting UNSUBSCRIBE.

by Anonymousreply 54October 16, 2021 3:25 AM

[quote] A panicked question gripped Democratic insiders during their summer of discontent: Where’s Val Demings?

[quote] The answer: She was campaigning almost exclusively on Facebook, growing an army of national small-dollar donors to raise $8.5m —$2.4m more than Rubio

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55October 17, 2021 1:49 PM

Florida Democrats are so pathetic in strategizing and outreach

by Anonymousreply 56October 17, 2021 1:52 PM

She’s not a super hero.

by Anonymousreply 57October 17, 2021 2:00 PM

[quote][R53] It's called hitting UNSUBSCRIBE.

You can do that? Boy, did you just save me some time!

by Anonymousreply 58October 17, 2021 2:00 PM

Go Val!!!

by Anonymousreply 59October 17, 2021 2:13 PM

R58 I never subscribed to begin with but I clicked on unsubscribe.... and I'm still getting emails. Val wants her money.

by Anonymousreply 60October 17, 2021 2:39 PM

R60, you're probably on multiple mailing lists. I get them from all sorts of them and many times they pitch the same thing. Unsubscribe from each as you get it. Also, it might take a few days for the unsubscribe to take effect.

Btw, Republicans do this too. But I'll remind you Dems never had the default set to giving monthly donations without the donator knowing it. That's a Repig special.

by Anonymousreply 61October 17, 2021 2:58 PM

I am a fan and will be sending her as much money as I can afford.

by Anonymousreply 62October 18, 2021 2:03 AM

If you don't have the money, please save it r67. Her chances of winning are slim.

by Anonymousreply 63October 18, 2021 2:50 AM

I think Abbott is actually in a much weaker position than DeSantis is. Texas GOP is going to cheat massively next year but I think he can be taken down.

by Anonymousreply 64October 18, 2021 2:52 AM

Texas Democrats are as bad as Florida's. In 2020 they nominated a whole slate of 'progressive, women of color' to run for Congress. They all lost badly.

by Anonymousreply 65October 18, 2021 3:22 PM

R60, same with me, I never subscribed to begin with, I unsubscribed and they still didn’t stop. I unsubscribed again recently, we’ll see what happens this time.

I bought some stuff on Amazon recently, maybe they sold my info.

by Anonymousreply 66October 22, 2021 3:50 AM

Tik Tok Rubio. She is going to WIN. People love her.

by Anonymousreply 67October 22, 2021 3:58 AM

Florida is a red state, but Rubio's victories have nevertheless been SCANDALOUSLY narrow. The odds are in his favor, but Val's chances aren't hopeless.

by Anonymousreply 68October 22, 2021 4:07 AM

I can see her as president before Harris.

by Anonymousreply 69October 22, 2021 4:07 AM

If Kamala wants to be the next President after Biden, she sure as hell isn't ACTING like it.

She needs to turn every day for the next 3 or 7 years into an opportunity to press flesh, kiss babies, and bend over backwards to make every non-Trumpian in America ADORE her. So far, she hasn't.

by Anonymousreply 70October 22, 2021 4:27 AM

r68 If you mean victories of 19% and 9%, yeah, super SCANDALOUS.

in 2016, Trump won FL by 1.2%, Rubio won by 9%

by Anonymousreply 71October 22, 2021 5:01 AM

She's actually been edging closer to Rubio in the polls, and she's got a year yet.

Yep, shoulda been Veep. But it was Woke Summer, and no cop was gonna get it, particularly one in a two-cop couple.

I'm thinking, top of the ticket in 2024, Pete as Veep.

by Anonymousreply 72October 22, 2021 5:12 AM

[quote] in 2016, Trump won FL by 1.2%, Rubio won by 9%

The dem candidates against Rubio were EXTREMELY weak and/or unknown. The best of them was outed (if I recall) as a wife beater. The guy who won the nomination was a nice dummy. And the third had never run any political race in her life.

by Anonymousreply 73October 22, 2021 5:12 AM

I live in a blue state far away from FL. I am being inundated with donation solicitations for Rep. Demings' campaign. I really like her. I have already provided a modest contribution. I am still stung by the 2020 Senate races where I contributed thousands to various red-state Dem candidates nationwide because we were falsely led to believe they were competitive with their Republican opponents. I won't be fooled again.

So can anyone in FL offer an honest assessment of whether Demings has a real chance against Rubio. If she does, I will make it rain for her but I don't want to throw my money away (again).

by Anonymousreply 74December 3, 2021 7:37 PM

Ditto^^^

by Anonymousreply 75December 3, 2021 7:51 PM

I've given Val two $50 donations in the last 4 months. But it resulted in a noxious barrage of daily begging for handouts from her and a host of other Dems, they're apparently linked in databases. The tone of these solicitations is at a shriek pitch. It's hateful and a major turn-off. Abrams is another one, Jesus. I "Unsubscribed" from every last one of them. I'll send her something snail-mail a couple of months before the election but I never want another email from these people again.

by Anonymousreply 76December 4, 2021 1:27 AM

Still wanting info on Demings prospects in FL...

by Anonymousreply 77December 19, 2021 9:20 PM

[quote] But it resulted in a noxious barrage of daily begging for handouts from her and a host of other Dems

That's everybody. Dems or Repubs.

I am flooded with emails from Tom Perez and everyone else. Yes of course they share databases.

by Anonymousreply 78December 19, 2021 9:37 PM

R76 you’d be better off flushing your money down the toilet.

Believe me, I’m no fan of Marco’s, but 2022 is gonna be a red wave. It’s just not gonna happen this year.

by Anonymousreply 79December 19, 2021 9:44 PM

Her campaign is really heating up with all of her “it’s time to send a cop on the beat to the Senate!” commercials. I don’t know if she has a chance against little Marco, but she’s got my vote!

by Anonymousreply 80July 1, 2022 11:04 PM

Oh for fuck's sake, the Florida Democratic PRIMARY isn't even until August 23rd. Let's not count our chickens yet, m'kay?

Those running in the Democratic primary for the US senate from Florida are 1) Val Demings, 2) Ricardo De La Fuente, 3) Brian Rush, and 4) William Sanchez.

BTW, the Democratic candidates in the primary for Florida governor who seem to have a chance of winning are Charlie Crist (who was previously governor) and Nikki Fried.

by Anonymousreply 81July 1, 2022 11:33 PM

She’ll win the primary, but can the cop on the beat actually beat Marco? I hope so.

I like Nikki Fried and Charlie Crist, but DeJerkface is too popular in Florida.

by Anonymousreply 82July 2, 2022 12:01 AM

I’m extremely impressed with Val Demings. I live in Michigan and donated to her campaign. She’s tough and no nonsense. We need this in Democrats right now. I hope she surprises. I really like her. She appeals to me very much.

by Anonymousreply 83July 4, 2022 2:31 AM

FUCK YEAH!

by Anonymousreply 84July 4, 2022 2:44 AM

its the 68% of the florida population comprised of yankee fucktards who will keep republicans in power here. I dont even recognize the Florida I grew up in during the 60s-70s. You hear more northern accents than southern now.I hate it,and as soon as Mother shuffles off this mortal coil my ass is outta here. It used to be a wonderful place,believe it or not.

by Anonymousreply 85July 4, 2022 4:12 AM

just what we needed, another nigger.

by Anonymousreply 86July 4, 2022 4:18 AM

R86. BLOCKED.

BLOCK PARTY!

by Anonymousreply 87July 4, 2022 9:10 AM

You mean Confederates.

by Anonymousreply 88July 4, 2022 9:11 AM

Florida is the Hawaii vacay designation for poor white southern-state trash!

by Anonymousreply 89July 4, 2022 9:13 AM

[R87] another nigger´s ass licking cunt!

by Anonymousreply 90July 4, 2022 1:15 PM

More fucked up DeSatantry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91July 4, 2022 1:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!