Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WHO is “Yashir Ali” and why is there an out of control troll posting threads about them?

Seriously, I’ve never heard of this person but one unhinged OP seems to be batshit obsessed. DL has a way of attracting the most random, bizarre people.

by Anonymousreply 19June 11, 2021 3:48 PM

OP = troll

You could have asked this in an existing thread.

by Anonymousreply 1June 10, 2021 12:37 AM

I could have R1, but I wanted to smoke you out. See how well that works? Now what’s your damage with this nobody?

by Anonymousreply 2June 10, 2021 12:39 AM

Muriel, Defarto is in here.

by Anonymousreply 3June 10, 2021 12:40 AM

I thought I was the only one who hadn't heard of him until Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 4June 10, 2021 12:41 AM

He is a very popular presence on Twitter. If you aren't on Twitter though, you'd be out of the loop about him.

by Anonymousreply 5June 10, 2021 12:43 AM

Most every North American under 70 has heard of Yashar Ali. Datalounge doesn't discover people. Ancient luddites are on this site, claiming they hate the Twitter device. But they swarm all over a hot story about that hot young comedian, Kathy Griffin?

by Anonymousreply 6June 10, 2021 12:43 AM

I swear to God I thought they were talking about this guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 10, 2021 12:46 AM

Less than one in four (~23%) of Americans use Twitter r6.

by Anonymousreply 8June 10, 2021 12:47 AM

R2 "what's your damage?" - you sound like a moron

by Anonymousreply 9June 10, 2021 12:49 AM

Less than one in a million Americans visit Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 10June 10, 2021 12:50 AM

He's being posted about because for the past 2 weeks he's been tweeting to his 750,000 followers every day saying he doesn't want to wake up the next morning and today, an article dropped about him basically being a fraud and a grifter.

by Anonymousreply 11June 10, 2021 12:50 AM

I know who he is and I have been following his Twitter escapades here on DL, but I agree, OP, there is one guy in that thread who is creepy and out of control. It's not enough for him to gawk, he wants to rally the troops to get Yashar Ali banned from Twitter! And he's convinced Yashar is reading here.

by Anonymousreply 12June 10, 2021 2:53 AM

Yashir Ali is some fauxgressive Twitter nutbag.

He's a fraud and a weirdo and gets trolled by everyone now.

by Anonymousreply 13June 10, 2021 4:49 AM

Why have the other Yashir Ali threads been taken down?

by Anonymousreply 14June 11, 2021 4:43 AM

They're all still up, R14.

by Anonymousreply 15June 11, 2021 4:45 AM

Yeshir, op, shure ish.

by Anonymousreply 16June 11, 2021 5:20 AM

More than a couple of replies on this thread seem to be the OP of those threads. I don't care about this guy but it's true there's some out-of-control whack job who is obsessed with this person and seems to think they're somehow "damaging" him. The OP of those threads needs a psych evaluation.

by Anonymousreply 17June 11, 2021 2:13 PM

OP, you just contributed to the "out of control troll posting threads about them." You could have asked this question in one of the threads about Yashar Ali. You couldn't even getting the spelling of his name correct. Get over your ego thinking you are going to have a post that will reach 600 replies.

by Anonymousreply 18June 11, 2021 2:19 PM

You can dismiss him, but he’s friendly with over 40 high profile actors, Hollywood types, politicians, and journalists and influences all kinds of media. Journalists beg him to retweet their articles and he can sway public opinion and “cancel” people with a tweet. Read the fucking article instead of being proudly ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 19June 11, 2021 3:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!