Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Charla Nash, survivor of the chimp mauling

You probably remember from the news, years ago, that this woman was savagely attacked by her friend’s pet chimp. Her face was destroyed, both of her hands were lost and she was blinded. This woman was an active, attractive, loving mother to one daughter.

I happened to see an old Meredith Viera interview with her. She is so kind and courageous. She has gone through endless transplants some of which, like hands, were rejected. She lives by herself and spends weekends alone, but has an assistant during the week.

She won $4M dollars in a lawsuit but of course the money was devoured by the medical bills.

I couldn’t stop crying after I saw the interview with this woman who is not bitter at all but is hoping to regain a little bit more of her life. She can’t even physically embrace the daughter she loves.

Money is very tight for her as she has special needs and can’t work. Her medical expenses will continue for life.

Could somebody please consider starting a Gofundme for her? I can’t think of anyone more deserving. I saw the names of her daughter and a lawyer online.

by Anonymousreply 29July 14, 2021 8:56 PM

[quote] Could somebody please consider starting a Gofundme for her?

OP, you are so full of shit. You just want to troll her.

Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 1June 10, 2021 12:01 AM

What happened to her was unimaginable and completely uncalled for. She went through and continues to go through literal HELL every single day. I wouldn't wish what happened to her on my worst enemy.

I wish that someone would set up a fund for her. Healthcare in this country is a complete joke cost wise. She seems like a sweet and kind person. We live in a world of suffering and to add insult to injury it seems the good suffer more than the wicked.

by Anonymousreply 2June 10, 2021 12:03 AM

Wild animals are not pets. She told her friend that the Chimpanzee was dangerous several times actually.

by Anonymousreply 3June 10, 2021 12:04 AM

The fact that she has to suffer because of another's stubbornness and stupidity is infuriating.

by Anonymousreply 4June 10, 2021 12:10 AM

Did the friend ever face legal charges? She should have gone to prison for negligence.

by Anonymousreply 5June 10, 2021 12:11 AM

They did a storyline like this on NIP/TUCK

by Anonymousreply 6June 10, 2021 12:27 AM

Her friend died of a heart attack within a year or so, and her estate was the source of the $4M for medical bills. It is unbelievable that hospitals charge any money in a case like that.

by Anonymousreply 7June 10, 2021 12:39 AM

What do you do with yourself when you can’t see, have no hands and you live alone?! My god...

by Anonymousreply 8June 10, 2021 12:44 AM

How does one start a Go Fund Me page? And how does it get promoted so that more people will donate?

by Anonymousreply 9June 10, 2021 1:24 AM

R1 You are a really hateful and suspicious person, the kind of person who ruins everyone else’s experience of the Internet. I am the last thing on earth from a troll. I am devastated by what happened to this kind and gentle woman, who is a far better person than you are. Incredibly, her warm and fun personality seems almost unchanged since the tragedy. But she has endless medical expenses and I thought that anyone who saw an interview with her would want to ease her suffering.

I don’t know how to do a GoFundMe, but people would have to do it thoughtfully and after some research to get the best result. Perhaps the best idea would be to contact her daughter or lawyer first to get their input.

by Anonymousreply 10June 11, 2021 12:09 PM

OP= worse than upstage left, monkey shit

by Anonymousreply 11June 11, 2021 12:17 PM

Better than GO Fund Me, using PayPal's "friends and family". If Ms. Nash has a PayPal account, donations can be made through it, with the friends and family designation. That way, no fees are charged to her, or the person sending money.

by Anonymousreply 12June 11, 2021 12:33 PM

R12 thank you very much for that suggestion! I didn’t know about that. How do you publicize such a fund?

by Anonymousreply 13June 11, 2021 2:30 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 14June 11, 2021 11:58 PM

Canadian here. Serious question. What happens to someone in America who undergoes a catastrophic accident or medical situation and has no medical insurance because she is poor? What happens when she has $5 million dollars medical bills? Do they get written off?

by Anonymousreply 15July 13, 2021 11:16 PM

She knew her friend had a dangerous chimpanzee and continued to visit her? Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 16July 13, 2021 11:39 PM

R15 it varies from situation to situation. I have heard of situations of hospitals writing off medical bills in cases in which the person can't afford to pay if off. According to this article, Nash was trying to sue the state of Connecticut years ago for $150,000.000 because of the friend owning the chimp and it public health and safety issue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17July 13, 2021 11:49 PM

Shouldn't announced herself with the Tarzan yell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 14, 2021 12:03 AM

R15. If the victim had worked and put into the Social security system then she would be eligible for lifetime social security disability payments - ranging from $1500-2500/month. Along with SS she is eligible for Medicare for life.

by Anonymousreply 19July 14, 2021 12:12 AM

How could anyone believe in a divine being that would allow such a tragic thing to happen? This would be a living hell and no one should have to endure hell on earth. I wonder if being under constant medical care means that a patient could not secure enough medicines or be self-reliant enough to end it all if he or she chose. I know many RNs and they are obligated to put patients on a suicide watch, but who could blame her? I give Ms Nash a lot of credit for wanting to soldier on; I simply could not do so.

I did read once that many of the nurses and doctors who were there at the beginning were traumatized and were unable to continue caring for her.

by Anonymousreply 20July 14, 2021 12:38 AM

Ms Nash, based on everything I have seen and read, is something like a spiritual athlete. I have such deep compassion and admiration for her. She has a beautiful relationship with her daughter. I want to figure out how to do some kind of charity drive that goes directly to her or her daughter, I want to think about the best way of involving people. A lot of people seem to think she owned the chimp or enjoyed dealing with it. She was employed on a business located on the owner’s property. She only saw the animal, in a cage, a handful of times. Believe me, there is no blame the victim here. But it breaks my heart that she is so poor. I want to help her. I am researching different things and I welcome any ideas. Please, no cruelty here.

by Anonymousreply 21July 14, 2021 12:58 AM

At one time there was a go fund me for her, but it doesn't exist now. She wants to live in Connecticut since that is where her daughter and friends live. It would be nice if someone can make her dream come true. I don't know if it is medically why she can't move to Connecticut.

by Anonymousreply 22July 14, 2021 1:12 AM

Here is a link to her twitter account, but she hasn't tweeted since 2012

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 14, 2021 1:15 AM

R23, that cannot really be her account. Have you read the tweets?

by Anonymousreply 24July 14, 2021 4:13 AM

Send the money to me and I'll make sure she gets it:

Chris Crocker General Delivery Podunk, Tennessee

by Anonymousreply 25July 14, 2021 4:34 AM

You stupid cunts, that is a very cruel satirical account. Her real account is @cnashfriends.

by Anonymousreply 26July 14, 2021 6:32 PM

That is not her account R26.

by Anonymousreply 27July 14, 2021 6:37 PM

R27 what do you mean?

by Anonymousreply 28July 14, 2021 8:50 PM

I thought you meant Cardi B attacked her.

by Anonymousreply 29July 14, 2021 8:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!