Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I hate the Apple TV Remote Control!

Am I the only one who is too clumsy to operate it? It's too damn sensitive. Who designed that shit? I thought Apple is so great with design...

by Anonymousreply 16June 10, 2021 6:04 PM

The brand new remote is terrific

by Anonymousreply 1June 10, 2021 2:29 AM

Agree OP. It’s way too precious for the sake of trying to be low profile and stylish.

by Anonymousreply 2June 10, 2021 2:43 AM

Do you complain about everything . It’s fine

by Anonymousreply 3June 10, 2021 2:44 AM

Can you buy a different remote?

by Anonymousreply 4June 10, 2021 2:47 AM

The worst is when you’re somehow activating it but you can’t even figure out where it is.

by Anonymousreply 5June 10, 2021 3:26 AM

The new Apple remote is terrific. Can we assume you know how to adjust the settings OP? Or did you come directly to DL to vent? A simple Google search found the following:

Adjust the Siri Remote's touch sensitivity: If you find the remote's touch controls too sensitive, or not sensitive enough for your liking, you can jump in the Settings app and fine-tune it. Go to Settings > Remotes and Devices > Touch Surface Tracking and try out the different options.

by Anonymousreply 6June 10, 2021 4:02 AM

Agree - it is AWFUL... Surprised Apple would put that thing out in the market.

by Anonymousreply 7June 10, 2021 4:10 AM

It's really hard to operate in the dark. Very poorly designed and difficult to manage at different angles. Most people I talked to hate it.

by Anonymousreply 8June 10, 2021 4:22 AM

It's probably in your ass crack, R5. It is that small.

by Anonymousreply 9June 10, 2021 4:22 AM

The old remote isn't the greatest, but I've heard good things about the new one.

by Anonymousreply 10June 10, 2021 4:27 AM

When did the new one come out? I bought mine half a year ago and I dislike it.

by Anonymousreply 11June 10, 2021 4:30 AM

richontech.tv loves the new Apple TV remote. I still have the old one, but it doesn’t keep its charge like it used to.

by Anonymousreply 12June 10, 2021 4:39 AM

Can you use the new remote for an older Apple TV unit?

by Anonymousreply 13June 10, 2021 9:21 AM

The new remote began shipping in the last 2 weeks, so if you bought one before, you have the older model without the iPod-like track wheel at the top. It will work with the previous versions of Apple 4k and HD TV (meaning the small black box interface used to stream content to your television, not the subscription-based TV service).

by Anonymousreply 14June 10, 2021 3:00 PM

I just realized that I can use my iPhone as a remote control.

by Anonymousreply 15June 10, 2021 5:55 PM

I insert it in my hiney. It vibrates GLORIOUSLY.

by Anonymousreply 16June 10, 2021 6:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!