Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Keystone XL Pipeline is DEAD TO ME!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 10, 2021 2:49 PM

Just like Trump's zipper- GONE!

by Anonymousreply 1June 9, 2021 10:21 PM

Start learning Chinese.

by Anonymousreply 2June 9, 2021 10:23 PM

This is good R2, the pipeline was only to move oil from CAN to TX for cheap processing and to be sold for the Chinese.

by Anonymousreply 3June 9, 2021 10:29 PM

The Canadian oil companies can run that pipeline they want so badly west from Alberta through Canada to reach oil ports in BC.

Pure cheek risking the American environment for THEIR oil.

by Anonymousreply 4June 9, 2021 10:34 PM

It is, R4, but let's not pretend that there aren't plenty of American oil companies which set up in Canada, destroy the environment, and then pull put when the area is tapped out and leave behind orphan wells for Canadian taxpayers to clean up.

I'm very anti pipeline and I'm glad the project is canned, but not because I'm on the side of Americans who don't want a Canadian pipeline necessarily.

American oil companies have wreaked havoc in Canada for decades without paying for the damage they've caused and now Americans want to be all offended over a pipeline from Canada??

by Anonymousreply 5June 10, 2021 12:11 PM

Canaduh

by Anonymousreply 6June 10, 2021 12:18 PM

Cite examples, r5.

My impression is that Canada has never let oil companies do whatever like the USA has, viz., Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska.

The Republican party would sacrifice every animal on the planet if it meant just one more job they could crow about.

by Anonymousreply 7June 10, 2021 12:23 PM

Are you serious, R7? You must be American.... not being snarky, it's just that it's a huge issue here. It's not the Canadian government that allows it, many times it's a provincial issue usually involving Alberta.

Anyway Shell, Exxon, Esso are three of the biggest players and there are many, many other small time Americancompaniesthat drill and sometimesrun out of money, leaving us on the hook to pay for the cleanup of their abandoned sites. Google orphaned wells and you'll see the damage they have caused. Not all of those companies are 100% American owned of course, but oftentimes if you follow the money, many have large percentages of American investors.

Which is why though I'm happy the Keystone XL is canceled, the American outrage over a Canadian pipeline makes me roll my eyes just a little.

I don't mean to be rude at all, but why would Americans think that American companies aren't busy destroying other countries too? Do they really think that oil and gas money and associated issues stop at their borders?

by Anonymousreply 8June 10, 2021 12:40 PM

As you say, any instances of American-chartered companies getting away with running roughshod over Canadian ecological concerns only do so with the approval of either provincial governments or Canadian federal energy policy.

It's not like they just come in uninvited and start tearing up the Canadian environment.

by Anonymousreply 9June 10, 2021 1:02 PM

As for the Keystone, American oil companies and Republican state governments for sure aided and abetted.

by Anonymousreply 10June 10, 2021 2:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!